Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code money Moves. That's colde money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yans four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Oh Chill the Dolphins to beat the Rams by the score of twenty three to fifteen. Tua was twenty of twenty eight two oh seven, one touchdown one in reception. They ran the ball twenty two times for sixty seven yards. Not a whole lot, but Tua did just enough three sacks, one turnover. Matthew Stafford was thirty two of forty six two ninety three no touchdowns. No, they didn't score. They kicked five field goals that missed one. He had one intercession, got sacked four times. Hooper Nicole had nine catches for ninety eight. Cooper Cup had seven for eighty, but none of them got the ball into the end zone. And what it was three possessions back to back to back to back where the Dolphins turned it over and then the Rams turn it over, and then the Dolphins turned it over again. So with that big yeah, I think that's how it went. But there was three consecutive possessions in which a turnover occurred. But oh chow, the Dolphins get on the get of the win by the score of twenty three to fifteen over the Rams. They do it on the road. They moved to three and six. So now with seven games to gou what do you like? What do you think the chances are the Dolphins go on a stretch here, win some games and get into the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, they and not that. For the Dolphins to go on the stretch, two, it's gonna have to play perfect. You're gonna have to protect the ball, not throw any interceptions, and Mike Vidalias has to get that passing game going the way it was going last year. Every game Tyreek Hill was hitting his head off the goal post. They was putting Tyreekan positions to make plays. They got to get the ball of water. They need a third person, who I would say was Odell Beckham. They need to find a way to integrate him into the game plan as well, because, for one, if you're gonna double, if you're gonna double goddamn Tyreek, you're gonna you're gonna single up or or sometimes depending on what defenseive defense they play, you're gonna double up goddamn Waller as well. They gotta find a way to add Odell Beckham as the threat to the pass the game to open things up a little bit more for the run game most of than a han They they was okay tonight, still not enough. If you want to go on the seven game win streak in the next nine games, the chances of them actually doing it is very difficult.
Speaker 2: Now they got seven games.
Speaker 1: No, they gotta win. They gotta win seven of the last nine, No, uncle, in order to make the guy there.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, they can't win seven of the nine because there's not nine games left. Oh it's Monday, there's only seven games left.
Speaker 1: What week is this?
Speaker 2: We can dine? No, unc, they're three and six.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, well if my mass hurd me right.
Speaker 2: So that's not three plus six and nine, they got a gay Actually they got eight, so seventeen games, they got eight games left.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, okay, okay, so they gotta they gotta win the last eight.
Speaker 2: Now, oh, Joe, I think the question is, yeah, now, if they get in, that means you might cause are they gonna be three teams from the NFC North because it might come down to them in Cincinnati, because I think you and I both believe Baltimore and Steelers are gonna get in. Oh yeah, most one will win the division. The other will be the probably the top wild card. Right yeah, Okay, you got Kansas City, right, and you're probably gonna you're gonna have looks like it's gonna be Houston. So if you got if you got Baltimore, Cincinnati, you got Kansas City, you got Houston. So you do in Buffalo, that's fine. You only got two spots left.
Speaker 1: Hold on you left off of Steelers. You can't even say Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: No. I said, one of those will win the and the other will be the top wild card. That's two, right, Buffalo three, Kansas City four, Houston five. Okay, you got Cincinnati, you got uh, Cincinnati, Miami, Denver, Denver.
Speaker 1: What you what you threw them in that farm?
Speaker 2: Because Denver is four is what? What's the record? Five and four? Four and four? The Broncos are five and four.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: The Bronco See the Broncos are five and five.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joseph, I know, I know they had five hundred. I know.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: This ain't the make a witch foundation. The Broncos ain't going nowhere. The Broncos, you.
Speaker 2: Do realize their two games clear of the Dolphins in the wind column two.
Speaker 1: You do understand it's did it take the snap of the fingers for the Dolphins to look like the Dolphins are old? And they turned that thing around and going and going to run. We can't compare the god damn Denver Broncos offensive.
Speaker 2: But hold on, but you comparing the Dolphins of the Dolphins of old that can just snap a finger and get on the road. So what do you do?
Speaker 1: The reason they don't look right offensively? And Tyreek and wadall numbers of down this year because tool was out. That's the only reason.
Speaker 2: So what's the likelihood of the tour? You you you count on tour? You willing to be any amount of money? That too is going to stay healthy rest of the year, of course. Current Mark Drafts number one overall, pick Travis Hunter, number two overall pick to the Giants, North Sanders number three overall. Pick cam Ward quarterback Miami, number four overall, pick Cleveland Brown McMillan, the receiver out of Arizona, number five, Will Johnson quarterback Michigan, number six overall to the Patriots, O T. Will Campbell, number seven, d Line Mason Graham eight, Abdual Carter Edge, Penn State number nine. Nick Courk, what is that? Gorton Edge Texas A and M and then Kevin Banks Junior ote. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it, I like it, I like it. I like that love Mark draft as male type of shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that. I don't know who that is. Okay, we might, ay, we might, we might uh we might start our own box. Yeah, we don't want to get that. We don't watch enough tap man, we don't watch no tape. We can't. I mean, look, I ain't got the time to sit down and break down the tape. I got too much over I playing right now with five shows, two ESPN shows and a show once two shows a week with clubs. I absolutely have it.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny when I think about it, you know, without having a without having to dive deep into it. You know, from the surface level, from a fan watching watching collegiate games, I can kind of.
Speaker 2: Tell you who is that boy and who's not.
Speaker 1: I don't need to sit there and watch two hundred thousand hours of goddamn film to tell you, Oh, that young fella down he can play when you turn on the fan, when you turn on the film, there are twenty two people on the field.
Speaker 2: If you really like that.
Speaker 1: Outside of that twenty two on film, that individual always pops out. He pops out always. You can tell who's who. And that's that's pretty much. It's that's my piece.
Speaker 2: I am not mal Mike Rodgers posts a little fun hashtag red line at Aaron Rodgers after Aaron Rodgers called out Mike Williams for running the wrong route route and they lost to the Bills. Williams took the high road. After Williams made a stellar debut and the Steelers, he posted on ig celebrating his first game. Williams added three hashtags whole lot of hashtag number two was we back, and number three hashtag red line The last one was a direct reference to Rogers criticism. Aaron Rodgers told reporters after Monday Night Lost in Buffalo, Williams was supposed to be on the red line on the practice field, five yards from the sideline.
Speaker 1: Hey see how you threw Mike Williams under the bus.
Speaker 2: He's off, oh Joe, that's his history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I liked I like it. I like the subliminal shot though, yeah, I like it. I like the little jazz. Hey, the stealers the Steelers played, don't play the Justice year.
Speaker 2: I don't know the steel Jets or they already played them.
Speaker 1: Probably not, probably not either way, listen, I like it. I like I like the fact that it was it was bothering them.
Speaker 2: You know. Oh yo, nobody listen, nobody likes to be thrown under the bus. And that hurt. That hurt because do you know how many times we could ay, what about that interception you threw? Oh yeah, what about that fumble you had? What about that read? What about that heart read that you missed? And there's always stuff to go around, but you're mindful that. Look, everybody's in a stressful situation. Our job is to go out there and win all the while while somebody's trying to hit you in the back of your damn heat. Yep, So I'm not look, I'm My job is not to try to embarrass somebody when I get on the sideline. Yeah, I would yell at. I would try to keep it to a minimum because I know the mikes were gonna try to pick up anything that I said, or the camera is gonna fly, But I would. Most of my things correcting was done once we got into the building away from prying eyes of fans, media cameras or whoever. Oh, everybody was like, Cooper Rush can lead this team. Look at him, He's so much better than that, said that man through for forty five.
Speaker 1: Y'alls said he was better than that, but they were trying to be funny cowboy fans.
Speaker 2: Jery had people believe that he was even even Troy. Even Troy and Tony Romo said, nigger, hey, there might be a frenzy for a Cooper Rush. He's a very good quarterback.
Speaker 1: He right back there in Dallas and got damn media dollars. Me know they gonna they gonna see anything to support support a young fella. Man. I understand what he's saying, but he knew he wasn't better than that.
Speaker 2: No matter what you no, come, I knew nobody would bro He'll back up. He could win you a couple of games here and there until your starter comes back. But what't nobody gonna put their franchise in.
Speaker 1: His understand I don't, I don't. You know what's funny is that's for them to be able to say that and understanding that he is a backup and he wouldn't be the future of your franchise, especially putting the keys in his hands, uh for success and being able to compete at a high level week in and week out. We need to take their credibility cards too.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: So it's okay for them to do it, but if it's us, you know, we're hered of a different standing when to come to see in certain things about certain players.
Speaker 2: Got yeah, but I tried, oh Joe. I try to be a look. I try to evaluate what my eyes tell me, what my what my experience tells me. I don't look at where he plays, I don't look at the position that he plays. I just basically go about what my eyes tell me and what my experiences tell me. That's how I valuate the player. And I know some people like, well, you don't like this guy or you don't like that guy. It's not about like a dislike. My job is not to like a dislike. My job is to offer an honest critique of said player said teams. I try to do that to the best of my ability. I understand when fan bases, certain fan bases don't like what I say, But if you check my history, I've criticized Tom Brady, Tony Romo, some of the great quarterbacks. When you play, when you play well, I got no problem saying you play well. But when you play bad, I think I owe it to the fans that watch me to say that you play bad. When I say you, oh yo, what fans got to understand? When I say a player is playing bad or play bad, that doesn't take away anything great here the accomplished. If you've been an All Pro, if you've been an MVP, a Defensive Player of the Year, or whatever the case may be, that doesn't take away from that. You've already won that that can't be taken away. I'm talking about a specific game or a stretch of games. That's what I'm evaluating you on. That's it nothing more than nothing less. You're right. I like it. And sometimes people are like, you're trying to diminish the God. No, how can I diminish what he'd already done? It's not the hold on? What's that? The old Wheel of Fortune? I know you don't remember this, O Joe and a lot of people in the chat, but Chuck Woollery used to be the original host of Wheel of Fortune, and they used to what you do. You spend the wheel and they would let you bry. They would let you buy stuff. So if you won twenty five hundred dollars, you can buy a microwave for three hundred dollars. I would like to buy that his and her bicycles for seven hundred and fifty dollars. So you could buy stuff with the money that you won. And once you buy a prize, it was yours the key. You only lost if you had money and you hit bankruptcy. So I'm like the Wheel of fortune. Once that guy's acomplished that, I'm not. I can't take it back. He's done it. But I think it's I think for someone to feel that because they're an accomplished paylort player and they're above reproach. I disagree, I bibly disagree. I streously this whoa, whoa, whoa. There's some big words, man, Yeah, but hey, I ain't. I ain't never heard that before? What kind of what kind of well? You what disagree? What streams? Okay? Okay, I disagree too long now, but I need oh show. Rookie kicker Jake Bates walked it off with a fifty two yarder. He tied it up with a fifty eight yarder as the Lions rally to beat the Texans twenty six, twenty three. Jared goff through five one, two, three, four, five interceptions, sinko sinko interceptions. This one is gonna hurt because there's no where you're supposed to lose a game ojo at home when the opposing teams turns it over five times. Houston held a twenty three to seven lead at the break, only to watch it evaporate. The Texans lost three of the last four games, fall to six and fourth, six and four. There's still a top the FC South, and they're getting Nico Collins back next week, which should help. But Nico wasn't the reason why they lost him. Not having him wasn't the reason. Big question about this team silly remains after tonight. Yeah, you got to win this game, O Joe. You have to home. You're up. Cj Bro. You can't come out out of halftime and throw a pick, Oh Joe. How many times a people fans, a listening audience, I'm viewing audience, how many times have you heard Ojo and I say, if you're late with that out ball, it's gonna get picked if the guy can catch. Now, if he can catch, he's gonna pick it. If he can't catch, you're gonna knock it down. But it's not gonna be in completion when you late. He's off. He's in a clue position. So that tells you automatically you can't be late with it right because he driving on Joe, he's already that way. He's driving.
Speaker 1: And if anything, if you go, if you're gonna miss, don't miss inside, miss wide and outside.
Speaker 2: It's not it's incomplete out of bounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he got to be one of the other You can't. You can't leave it inside, but it is one the other way.
Speaker 2: Give cart Davis a lot of credit because he Doe made a heck, go play on the ball. He had two outstanding interceptions. I don't know why CJ on the secondes uh, the first interception put so much air on it. Oh Joe, what if he think that that Carlton David was gonna give up on the plate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I think?
Speaker 2: Was it the pressure? You think he rolled out? No, he had to. He rolled out of the pocket the one he brought in the end Z on that Carlton Davis got.
Speaker 1: No, that picked up that.
Speaker 2: There was no pressure on him. He had an easy throw. He even directed and told him. And I don't know why he didn't put put it more on the line because carl David seeds that he's beat, so he's running full speed. The last thing you want him to do is have an opportunity to break that ball up when he's that wide open. I know you don't want to overshoot him, but you got to put it more on the line. Yeah. We still have more questions than answers about the Houston Texans. They've lost three of the last four. The turnovers are starting to mount. CJ is starting to turn the ball over a lot more than than he even did last year, and they're good team. They're a really good team that didn't run the ball particularly well tonight. Give Detroit a credit because they got a good defensive front. Now that was they played that game without z Zadarius Smith. But when you look at McNeil and Pascal, they clogged that middle. They do a great job of collapsing interior. Now when they get z he's gonna bring the heat off the edge.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna be see on passing downs.
Speaker 2: And their secondary is improving game by game. Branch and Joseph and those guys, they're getting better and better and better.
Speaker 1: They're getting better. We got to get tyrry On Arnold to be a little bit more patient, be a little more patient look back for the ball. Too many, too many pass interference plays, too many holding, twenty holding plies. Every single game, he's getting called for something, sometimes two and three a game.
Speaker 2: They might have could have got him on that last play that on that third down, they could have easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could have called it easily. They let it go. Though, they let it go. They didn't want that to be the deciding factor, you know, in the game, in the game. But he, I mean, he gotta work. He got to work on that, you know, using your eyes, man, playing playing with your eyes instincts, and stop being so handsy and look back for the ball a little bit. Look back for the ball some of them. You know, it's different if you look back. I know most dbs they panic when they can't see and they see the receiver's eyes get big. But if you look back for the ball early, man, and keep yourself position, nine times out of ten, you'll be able to make play on the ball and most of the time be able to pick it.
Speaker 2: Yep. And I think the thing is ocho. I'm watching this game. The Lions offensive coordinator got afraid to call his game. They were started just handing the ball off the Gibbs and handing the ball off to Montgomery. I'm like, bro, it's thirty seven, y'all let the fifty yard line and y'all hand the ball off a straight dive because they had gotten I mean, I'm looking at some of those interceptions. Ain't no whar in hell God thought those guys were open. This guys wasn't even close to be an open o. Joe. I'm like, bro, look I get it. You know, It's it's kind of like it's like anything else, O Joe. You know, you get a touchdown, it's easier to get another touchdown. You know, you get a sack, it's easy to get another sack. Because normally we say things happen in bunches. You know, you get a bunch of sacks, you get a bunch of catches, you get a bunch of touchdown. Same thing with an interception. Guy throws one, and all of a sudden he throws another. Damn, that's two in another And in his mind he's like, well, hey, I might who just keep slinging it. But but the lions in the court that said, hell nah, because you're killing us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, most definitely. That's why he stopped. That's why he stopped calling the normal offense, in which so how can we get the ball out of Golf's hands until we feel he's a little bit more comfortable.
Speaker 2: They started screening him, screening him to death. They throw this wing to have your gibbs on one side, on one side on the offset of the quarterback, and they running behind and throw it to him so he'll get some a great block. They run a jail break screen to armand Saint Brian for the touchdown. They started doing everything they could. Hey, one two three, throw the ball.
Speaker 1: That's perfect, though. You know, you know what Ben Johnson is doing when he does that.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: Let's get golf a little, Let's get him comfortable again. Let's get him in rhythm with some easy throwers, get the ball out of his hands, and get.
Speaker 2: Whatever to think, o Joe, Because you're thinking too much now, So yeah, right away one two three, a screen one two three, jail break one two three, quick out one two three, stick route. I don't want you thinking because you killing us. As a matter of fact, you probably hurt your damnself too, because you don't say I was thinking about something. I hope you don't hurt yourself. Now. Don't look at him like, bro, what are you doing? What do you seem? But this is a good team, Ojoe. When you can go on the road and you turned them all over five times and you still come away with a victory, this is a good team. This is a very good team. They're very well coached. They did not pay it, you know, Campbell, I couldn't hear what he said, but I think I could try to read his lips. I think he said about defense need to come out here and shut him down the first drive and ride on. Shoot, Cal Davis gets a pig and now all of a sudden we got Now we got a ball game. What a lead that could have been extended. It could have been twenty sixty seven, it could have been thirty to seven. Now all of a sudden boom. But hell, if I'm not mistaken, what do you call him? Come back and give it right back to him? He throw it in through an interception. Yeah, golf did he did not play well.
Speaker 1: To not not at all.
Speaker 2: It was a sloppy game. It's funny.
Speaker 1: It's probably makes no sense. It was a sloppy game, but.
Speaker 2: It was a good game at the same time. Yeah, the forty nine has defeated the Bucks twenty three to twenty. In the return of Christian McCaffrey. The forty nine ers emerged victorious with the biggest story of the side was on the sideline with a scuffle between Deebo Samuel long snapper Tabor Pepper. After the game, d Boy explained what prompting the heat exchange occurred after kicker Jake Moody's third missfield goal of the game. Normally, I don't even get like that, but just frustrated in the heat of the battle, you know, real close game. I kind of got out of character. But I'll talk to Moody and we'll get past it. Moody responded with a rough outing by drilling a forty four yard game winning field goal.
Speaker 1: As time got to loosen everything up, got to loosen everything up. As a kicker, you got one job, got nothing else. You do one thing, five, six, seven, eight days out the week. I'm talking about eight days. It's only seven.
Speaker 2: All you got to do.
Speaker 1: You got one job is to kick. So when they ask you to do that one job that you do, do you know you're gonna miss. You're human, It's the NFL. You know you want to be as perfect as possible. That's the reason why you practice. You know, if you fall short of being perfect, it'd be better than most. But you can't miss three kicks that could have cast you the game today. Three come on that most of the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wrong.
Speaker 1: Boss is a receiver likelihood you unless you're a number one elite player, probably not gonna be playing.
Speaker 2: But what happens if Debo fumbled the ball and they lose the game and the guy goes up there and grabs his pace mask. What if he drops two passes on the last drive and we lose the game, he grabs his page mass when he gets in this pace you think Devo.
Speaker 1: Will be cool.
Speaker 2: So that's why you have to lo and I get it. Look, you and i've both been on the sidelines. We've seen kickers miss it, We've seen you know, guys do things, and yeah, it's frustrated. It is extremely frustrated. But you also have to understand now, the way football work. In the football gods, they'll put you in that situation to have you drop a path or they have you right every time. They get you right time. Yeah, but like I said, look, I know they're frustrated. They're not having the season that they expected. They're five and four. I can assure you that the forty nine ers thought they would be better than five and four every time.
Speaker 1: It's funny, but.
Speaker 2: They got damn forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: They always going to f and run when it counts.
Speaker 2: This is the first time they went back to back game, so they couldn't be only something who The forty nine ers got next next two to three games lash they got Seahawks at home at Packers, at Bills.
Speaker 1: Seahawks at Packers and Bills.
Speaker 2: Oh who's.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm all them? All them tricky. I'm playing the Seahawks. What Seahawks, What Seahawks team? Are we gonna get?
Speaker 2: You know? Man Seahawks been I mean Gino been putting up big numbers. He's been turned down league un passing Ainty he was, yeah, he was. I mean, Party's gonna be up there, knocked the well. Gino had a big down. I think Gino had a big game when they play Monday night. No, they were on a bi week. See it was on the buy. See them was on the buy. But uh, Party had had an outstanding day. He was twenty five or thirty six, three fifty three excuse me, two touchdowns, clean game, no turnovers. Uh he fumbled but Jennings got it, ended up recovery. Yeah. On had a good game today. By he was balling Jenny yea yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Piersall had a big day. Four for seventy three and a touchdown his first touchdown. Cee Matt came back six catches sixty six yards. Dbo was five for sixty two and Kittle great touchdown. Party did a great job of finding him in the back of the end zone. No show he had. He had three for fifty seven and a touchdown. Piersall had four for seventy three on a touchdown. Yeah, I mean, but this is the type of game that pretty needed because they were unable to run the football. Russ versus the Rugs Steelers get to win against the Commanders twenty eight twenty seven. At halftime, the Steelers had ninety seven yards of total offense. They finished with three hundred and twelve. Russ was inconsistent. He was fourteen to fifty eight, fourteen of twenty eight, one hundred and ninety five yards, three tds and one I int. Daniels, who ended the game as an MVP candidate, did not have his best game, completed sixteen to thirty two, one nine one hundred ninety four yards. Yeah, he missed a couple of throws that he liked to have back. He had Luke McCaffrey on a crossing route that he really would really, really would love to have that one back. But give Russ's credit because Russ's I think at one point was like nine of twenty, but he picked it up. George Pickens made some big time plays and Friar Muth came up clutch for him. Madson big time plays. Austin had a couple of big catches and they were able to go on the row Man, I'm watching this game on, Joe. Did you see how many people raving them terrible towels? Yeah? Hey, listen, I said, hung On, I'm like, you got to go back and look, i gotta see it. This is this is Washington on this in three in Pittsford.
Speaker 1: When the Steelers play away, they travel extremely well. So wherever they play at basically it's their stadium. The Steelers Steelers will make it their stadium, no matter how far, no matter how far they're playing, it don't matter.
Speaker 2: You know why wout yo, Because the Steelers were really good in the seventies and a lot of people right now, they got kids, They grew up watching the Steelers. They became Steelers fans, and a lot of times kids become fans like their pants are the teams that their parts groupe right right, right right, So when you go you're absolutely right when you go on the road. I'm looking, I'm like, hold on, Washington got the ball? Why the crowd is in a frenzy. Why they're waving the towers. I said, Washington, don't raise no tiwer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was like, let me go. I said, they take it there, take a stay, take the stadium over, take your airport.
Speaker 2: And oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good game, though it was it was now looking. I was listening to some of the command of fans. They were upset about taking the ale today. Do y'all realize, y'all at the top of the division. Do you realize you just lost only your third game? Do you realize the quarterback.
Speaker 2: That you do have at the helm?
Speaker 1: You have a decade plus some of winning football with him as your quarterback. You have nothing to hang your head on about losing today. It's cool, It's cool. I'm happy for rus though three starts, he's three and oh. A lot of people questioned Mike Tomlin putting him back in as a starter.
Speaker 2: Yep, but at you.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call it a gamble, but the gamble that most people say it is, it's paying off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, And he said it himself. Yeah, oh Jo, he said it himself. He was a lone ranger on this decision.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, okay, but and he.
Speaker 2: Said, but he also said, this is why they paid me the big bucks to make these decisions. And I can. I'm able to stand. And the one thing that you know about the Steelers organization, they're always going to back their head coach. Yeah, that's why they've only had three since nineteen sixty nine. They had Chuck No, they head coach Kaward, and now they have Mike t There's a reason they're not swayed by the media. They're not swayed by the fans talking about fire this and fire that. That's not how the Rudies operate that. But uh, the Steelers run their record. They sit firmly atop the nf the AFC North with a seventy two record, but they haven't played any division games. They got two games against Baltimore, two games against Cleveland, two games against Cincinnati. We're gonna find out a lot more. We're gonna find a lot more about the Steelers, a lot more about the Ravens, and a lot more about the Bengals over the next six weeks. Because I think they got I think they in the next six weeks, O Joe, I think they got the Ravens wife and the Bengals twice.
Speaker 1: Hey, I mean, I'm thinking about the damn still is sitting at the top of the goddamn yes she North and who who ever thought last year you didn't even have a quarterback. No, last year you didn't have a quarterback. And you know you're bringing Russell Wilson, you're bringing Justin Fields. Then you have too so I'm thinking, well, hell, they got a quarterback carself going on, they definitely gonna be lasting in the division. This is how I'm thinking as a player, because I agree when there's quarterback controversy, it's too much. It's too much turmoil. It's too much going on because one time they'll put one in and he might not play well because there's pressure because he knows, damn, I can't make any mistakes because if I'm make any mistakes, you know they're gonna put old boy in them. So you're not able to play freely. You play very conservative football. So I'm thinking, yeah, they're still they don't be none today, But Justin Field surprised me. The first three weeks. They might have went at some point when they put Russell in, but Justin Fields played well. Now I sho get the goddamn job, he said to.
Speaker 2: Him, and he cooking, Yeah, cooking so to look good based on that. The thing is that but in order for this to be a success, Justin had to do what he was doing, because imagine if he goes over so now all of a sudden, you're trying to get to five hundred instead of being seventy two. Mike Tomlin knows his team. He's around this team. He knew how his team will respond. He knew he was making a very, very tough decision, but he knew that he had the type of guys in the locker room that would back his decision because they trust him. He's giving them no reason not to trust him. The organization trusts him, and so we should have had faith. I should have had faith in Mike Tomlin knowing over the last seventeen eighteen years he's been nothing but exemplary. Mike Tomlin would ask post game about the similarity is the difference between Jade and Daniels and Lamar Jackson. Man be real slow comparing people to Lamar Jackson. That's a multi time that's a multi time MVP. That's mister Jackson. We'll see mister Jackson in a few days. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't compare the two now that there are two things that they do are like they can run the ball, they can throw the ball, but they two completely different type of players all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, look, just because somebody is black and they can run the football and throw the football, that'll mean the lamar. Let's get to this game. The Chiefs stay undefeated with a block field goal. The chief leads the NFL in seven one possession wins this season. The most one score game by the eventional Super Bowl chap is nine, both by the twenty fifteen Broncos and the nineteen eighty six Giants.
Speaker 1: Hey, Broncos played good. Hey can I tell you.
Speaker 2: Didn't I tell you that we had a conversation, said, Oh, I would be surprised. I'm not gonna say nothing.
Speaker 1: They got damn Broncos d The boys played goods.
Speaker 2: Yes, they always play.
Speaker 1: This is a vision game. This is an a visional game, and most of the time when you play within the division, the games are always close. Again, the Chiefs looked like they look They've looked the entirety of the season, always fighting in a way to win. It's unfortunate. But the Broncos should have won this game today and what it can't? You know, obviously it came down to a block field goal field goal at the end. And I'm gonna let you slide. I'm gonna let you slide because I was gonna say if your team lost the day, I don't want but listen, listen, I'm, I'm, I'm. I don't have the energy right now.
Speaker 2: You know you know why.
Speaker 1: I don't have the energy right now. So I'm gonna let you slide tonight and just say that it was it was a good game, and it was a good game, even though I was impressed with the Broncos defense.
Speaker 2: You got a heavy heart right now and a lot on your mind. I do understand.
Speaker 1: No, I don't got no heavy heart. I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: You gotta heavy heart. You gotta hear me.
Speaker 1: Hold on, let me take let me take my shades off so you can see my ass. I'm good, right, yeah me.
Speaker 2: You don't mean it, Remember what I told you?
Speaker 1: I mean listen, can't stay with me real quick?
Speaker 2: Right? No, we don't get right football, okay.
Speaker 1: You know how to compartmentalize, right, yeah, how to manage your expectations right based on situation. Right, Okay, I'm gonna leave it at that. Let's talk about the game.
Speaker 2: I'm good now, you're then fire the coach, you're the demoted the office coordinator. Well, the defense gave up thirty one where you know the office is allowed to score more than since absolutely, because that's the one thing I like about football. It's not like when you play one on one, you play make it, take it. I'll make a basket. I get to take it back out again. Now in football, I scored touch that I kick it off. You can score too.
Speaker 1: But they're not gonna have they gonna they're gonna have nobody. Ain't nobody nobody else to fire, ain't nobody else to blame. You fight it, Sallah.
Speaker 2: See. The thing is that you gotta be careful. You gotta be careful when you do things for the wrong reasons. See. A lot of a lot of this have to do and a lot of this have to do with him being mad at the Packers for drafting Jordan Love. So I'm gonna go show you that I still got something left. Yeah, if you're not, oh Joe, You've heard me say it a lot. If you're not careful, you'll become the bad thing you despise the most of the person the guy that preceded him, What did he do? He got mad because they took a quarterback. And where did he go first? When he left Green Bay?
Speaker 1: That's the same thing, same same thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, Devontae Adams had thirteen targets. He got six passes for thirty one yards.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: You're probably thinking I could have stayed where I was, did exactly this and kept I think the state income tax in Jersey New York wherever it is about ten percent. I pay nothing. The state income tax in New York. New Jersey's got to be like ten percent. Ten whoy?
Speaker 1: I can I catch you? I'll catch all the end of my career. I'll pay you back later.
Speaker 2: What's that? Jersey is ten point seventy five almost eleven because he stays in Jersey, so we don't have to do New York. But he stays in Jersey. Nobody stays in the city. New York's eleven. So he's playing ten on that ten ten point seven five percent. Well you know how that is? Yeah, hide in giraffe. Huhuh. But here's the thing, Oh show That's the thing. You just think, see what Peyton, because remember when Peyton to Denver, they went thirteen and three, they won like seven eight games in a row, had the number one seed. Baltimore did come in and knock them off into the Divisional round. Peyton finished second and the MVPVO. Then the next year they go to the Super Bowl. Peyton, they break all the records. Peyton over fifty four hundred pass the yards, NFL record, fifty five touchdown NFL record, go to the Super Bowl. The following year, Peyton throws thirty nine touchdowns. We see what Tom does his first year there, so we're like, hey, they do it. Aaron, those are two natural born leaders. Natural people gravitate towards them.
Speaker 1: You don't see Aaron as a leader, huh? I mean just your own personal opinion outside of the dump.
Speaker 2: All I know is what i've what I've read, what I've read with coaches. Okay, I see what you mean now, coach, excuse me what I've read. When the reports about the CEO, Mark Murphy, Aaron, don't you be the problem. They don't consult with him. They didn't consult with him when they hired. They didn't consult with him when they let somebody go. Damn the matter of fact of how he does things. When Mike Williams, oh, I would expect the Mike Williams to do this, and he read line and he was supposed to red line.
Speaker 1: He got, Bro, why would you do you can't throw you play under the bus?
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? Name the time you've ever heard Peyton Manny name the time you've ever heard Peyton or Tom Brady, Because this is the guy that he wants to be in the category with. When if Tom Brady ever throw somebody under the house, When does Peyton Manny ever throw somebody? Every time they'll eat it and then have the conversation with the guys like, look, you know, I would expect you to be on the red line right, not run the end cut? Yeah, every chance he gets, what does he do? You saw him in Green Bay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mm hmm. He speaking of Mike being on the red line. You know they had that exact same play today, Mike. Oh, Mike had just had that exact same play today with the cover zero in. The corners were sitting there squad waiting on the slant, waiting quick roll.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you can't stand that far inside. You can't give a receiver with that cat of pre release to let him.
Speaker 1: Just run right up the field and he's standing in the inside, which made it even worse.
Speaker 2: It pushed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, side, Yeah, that was a good player. That was a good player.
Speaker 2: Bout Mike. These guys here, oh yo, these guys are too good if you don't put hands on them. Oh but he remember his cover zero, so he was off. Remember he was.
Speaker 1: He was saying he was sitting off.
Speaker 2: Yes, but oh Joe, you can't be that far. He was tripping because he think about it. You already two guards inside. If he stem you inside, now you're gonna be three to four. You give that guy so much area to just throw the ball, and Rus throws as good as deep ball as they called it, a little moon ball. You you ain't got no chance to recover. I don't care how fast you is. No, No, you can't come from that. And you get he give him a big target because he got all this to drop it over. He can't. He ain't got to drop it down what we call trying to. He don't have to drop it down to Kimney. I got a big old radius that I can throw it into I can throw it here. I can throw it here, I can let you catch it over here, because I'm not worried about the dB is it's so far behind. And then if I throw it over his shoulder, I can use my body, O Joe, He's got to come through me to break the play up. Yeah, but I don't think it. I don't. I don't. I don't know. Maybe Jeff's fans are surprised, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: Hell I'm surprised. Honestly, I thought I thought, I thought things would have been different. I was giving Aaron Rodgers his praise for what I felt he was going to be able to do on the field. I didn't really care about the stuff he was doing off of it. You know, do whatever the hell you want too off of it. But I'm thinkingful he has I'm expecting him to look like maybe not that Aaron Rodgers of Bowl. Just give me fifty percent of that, give me fifty fifty sixty percent of the old Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: And I thought, you know, the.
Speaker 1: Jets, they're gonna be on one, they gonna be fighting.
Speaker 2: Well. He talked about he talked about Kyne Water and living how that work out for him today. Cayenne, Yeah, cayenne water, kayene pepper, water and lemon or. It is the fountain of you. Even had to even had the kicker that drill the field go oh yeah, this thing is working. Bro, That stuff don't work. Look, I understand all that cleans and you go to these holistic places and they give you all that stuff that I get it.
Speaker 1: I ain't never heard of no cayenne. I know about the poorest cayenne.
Speaker 2: Kaye pepper. They put kayee pepper and they put water, lemon. I mean, what what did what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What was he had? And somebody instrumt I've discovered the fountain of you. Bro. Clearly you don't watch your t play because the ain't nothing useful about you. Ain't nothing. I'm not breaking any new chat. Do y'all think there's anything useful about Aaron Rodgers play? Does he kyenne pepper water? Does he move like he once did? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: The volume