Speaker 1: Welcome to pod meets Twirl, the Dancing with the Stars recap hosted by two guys who can't dance, don't want to dance, and have now seen eight episodes of Dancing with the Stars. But since our best friend Danielle Offishal has joined the cast for season thirty four, we're going all in. We are Wilfred Allen, Ryder Strong aka the two dudes standing next to Topanga aka daniel of Fishal's backup aka the dan Yettes. I will Hi Rider, So I guess we're still twirling.
Speaker 2: Huh, we're still twirling. We're still twirling.
Speaker 3: They're going to be unenthusiastic twirls from this moment.
Speaker 2: Han, I'll be honest with you. Yeah. Yeah, it's a squirrel.
Speaker 1: It's a sad it's a sad day, sad sad situation.
Speaker 2: It is yes, sucks. I really didn't expect this to be honest.
Speaker 1: After the last couple of weeks, I was like, oh, well, the popular vot's going to keep Danielle in even though the judges are being a little harsh on her.
Speaker 2: And then Andy pulled it out. Man, Andy's the guy.
Speaker 3: I thought she was in trouble last night when you saw the dance. Yeah, yeah, I thought she was in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we we'll talk about when we talk about her dance.
Speaker 1: But it was funny because we got to see her last week, one of the one of the rare in life, real life sightings, we get to.
Speaker 2: See her friend, We got to see her. We'll talk about it because it's really funny.
Speaker 1: But when she said she's nervous about contemporary because it just isn't her that she actually likes the structure, I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that that is kind of true.
Speaker 1: I still thought it was good, but I was like, oh, but I really thought the popular vote was going to keep her in.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I was convinced that she's I love it, It's going to happen. And then it was crazy.
Speaker 3: One chance was going to be after the night. I thought her one chance was going to be if if Elaine went home.
Speaker 1: You really see, I really just thought there was no way that Andy would get pushed through.
Speaker 3: No, I think were everybody's all in on Andy. It's become a thing, right, So it's you know, it's again. I'm back here in Connecticut and my childhood bedroom, and you know, I'm here for with my parents and we were out somewhere and a woman came up and we were talking to her, and as the talk seems to get nowadays, it started to focus on Dancy with the Stars, right, and it just and it was I think she brought it up. I mean, it's just people are talking about this show and she instantly jumped into My roommate and I fight every week while we watch the show because I don't think Andy belongs there, and she thinks he should win the whole thing, and I think that's what's happening is that.
Speaker 2: I mean they showed it on the show where there's.
Speaker 3: People having birthday parties for him and he's and in a way I get it, especially exactly I get it now after talking to her, So I'm almost taking him out of the equation, right and look kind of like I did with Flavor Flav Scores, where it's like, Okay, he's there, but it's a different thing happening. So I think Andy's in for the long haul. I really do.
Speaker 2: I think you could win. I would not have thought that, you know, I really was.
Speaker 1: I was happy he's stuck around after his Halloween dance because I just thought it was fun and cool but you know, of course, when it comes around seeing somebody I love getting kicked off the show, I couldn't help but be like, well, that doesn't seem fair, but all's fair in love and war and dancing with the stars and rumba and Rubbiah my god.
Speaker 3: But again, you know, when you're talking about Danielle in structure, I had this weird analogy as I was watching the show and as she was talking to us, which was, we know Danielle very very well, and she's a very structured person. That's not to say she's not creative, but she's a very structured person. And the analogy I kept having was, if you give Danielle a lego set and instructions, she's going to build you you the best lego castle you've ever seen. If you give her a pile of legos, she's going to look at you strange for a little while before she starts building right. So, and it's she I think likes the structure of the dances of you put your foot here, you do a spin here, you do that. It's she can wrap her head around It's almost mathematical the way she came at it, more than the artsy kind of form.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think she just had a rough well.
Speaker 1: I actually think I actually think she ended up putting a lot of that expressiveness and personality into her Halloween dance. And so what ended up happening this week was that it kind of felt like a repeat, you know, like there was a moment this week.
Speaker 2: Where she's like slamming him in the chest.
Speaker 1: It was almost like a repeat of what had happened the week before, where she had been emotional and sort of present in a way.
Speaker 3: But the difference is exactly what you were talking about if I ever went on the show. The difference is during the Halloween episode, it came off differently because she was playing a character. She was playing a bride that was whereas this week she was Danielle, And I think it was it was a much different expressive form for her, and I think she's struggled with it a.
Speaker 2: Bit, all right. This week's theme was Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Night. What do you think of this name? I love this theme.
Speaker 3: I'm also one of these guys where I I think I've watched all the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremonies because I just love the live music I really do that.
Speaker 2: Being said, just like this show.
Speaker 3: A lot of times I look at it and I'm like, how how are they in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: Like really them.
Speaker 3: Over and it's like, you know, the the first two there's deducing, are inducting a lot of people, and then all of a sudden, it's like, you know, Fleetwood Mac gets in ninety seven. It's just so again, so arbitrary, who's in, who's not in, why they're in, why they aren't in. But just listening to the music and listening to artists that I really like singing other artists songs because a lot of times the artists have passed away or something like that, so that I really enjoy So Dug the Knight frankly good music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought the music was cool, and I also like, you know, the sort of like rock and roll vibes that people were bringing.
Speaker 1: Not everybody did, but when they did, I was like, cool, this is like, you know, especially let's I mean, let's get right into it. The first one was Dylan and Daniella. They performed to I'm Still Standing, which is like such a great song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in the video, did you know crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's so crazy. Yeah, but I was also like, he's you know, he hasn't changed at all. You watch the.
Speaker 1: Video, You're like he was still standing up to tell everybody what he thought about everything.
Speaker 3: And I'll bet you he could do the whole dance still exactly the way it looks. I'll bet you's just in his head like us doing lines from the show. I'll bet you may still do the dance.
Speaker 2: Oh well we should.
Speaker 1: We should mention Flavor came out as the guest judge, which I immediately know is going to be a disaster.
Speaker 2: Of course, the paddles.
Speaker 1: What is he gonna I was like, maybe he has like some secret ballroom dancing knowledge.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh no, they just they just.
Speaker 1: Kind of picked somebody, and uh, they don't know what they're in for.
Speaker 3: He was original Flavor, Foxtrot Flave. A lot of people didn't know that.
Speaker 1: So I thought that was a really bad call because it threw a wrench into like the actual judging. I mean, I guess it's fine because he was all nines and tens all night right, Like he was n right when he came out, and like the way he like talked to Alfonso and stuff.
Speaker 2: I was like, is does he know where he is? Does he know what's going to be happening? And I was like, he has no idea.
Speaker 1: It was like literally some publicists was like, you're gonna be on the show, and he was like, cool, I'll show.
Speaker 2: Up and just I love taking a competition. It'll work. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, this is going to be trouble, and sure enough, you know it was. It was somewhat, but it was all nines and tents.
Speaker 3: So you know, we've talked about this for a while and it's one of the fun things about and you know, this might have been a swing and a miss for me, just because I don't think he really added anything, but adding a judge that has no experience whatsoever is kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: No, I definitely think it's cool. I think they should definitely do it. But let's try and pick somebody who you know, can can find their paddles. Yeah, I can find their paddles and actually have an opinion that someone.
Speaker 2: You know, he was just like, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, you're that's all you're saying, dude, Like say more like, explain what's happening, but he was, you know, but whatever. He was effusive, he was positive, he was supportive. I guess that's all right. So Dylan and Daniella did. I'm still standing to the jive, which I am realizing is probably one of the hardest dances to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clearly.
Speaker 1: Like when I first the first couple of jives, I was like, eh, but I also just don't don't know if I like it. I just like I want I've thought back on all the jive dances. I'm like, I don't know if I've liked any single one of them as much as I like the other forms of ballroom dancing.
Speaker 2: I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And I also I thought I thought he was okay, but he's starting to it seems like maybe he's plateaued a little bit, and we're kind of getting the same thing every week, and he's whipping his shirt open, and you know, as somebody who has abs like that, I get wanting to show him off to everybody.
Speaker 2: I was like, are they airbrushed on there? He looks like a Gi Joe doll, Like it's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I noticed his kicks, especially in the beginning. We're not high enough, and I was like, dude, then he did. He did bring them up, but his first like thirty seconds of kicks, I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Man? Like you're not committing. So I think he just had a bad actual run.
Speaker 1: I bet you there were better versions in rehearsal because I thought he got there. But yeah, I'm you know, I'm still kind of rooting for Dylan and Danielle are there.
Speaker 2: I think it's his point.
Speaker 1: They're my favorites because really, I feel like he's come from He's he's had the sort of personal journey of like a Danielle or Andy, but he's really upped his game. I mean, I mean, I guess you could say the same thing about Robert Irwin. But for me, the fact that Robert's sister won this competition means that he's been probably planning this and working on this since he was twelve or thirteen, I'm sure, So it feels like a different thing to me.
Speaker 2: I get it. He's amazing, but so so I'm still kind of.
Speaker 1: Rooting for Dylan because I want to dude, he's the everyman super like a dance who is now figuring this out and looking great and of course, like I've said a million times, Danielle is the best dancer in the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So I just I love these two and I love their relationship, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, I agree, But this was it was a lit It was like his face was kind of like he was trying to remember the dance for the first time. I saw in his face a little bit, and this one fell a little flat for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the give is just really fast and really hard, and I think it's it's a workout too. It's just yeah, and yeah, you're right. By the time they ripped open a shirt, you're like, oh, panderin.
Speaker 2: We don't, don't we don't have much else to do. Shirt guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'd run in and throw another shirt on me. That'd be how we would pander for my audience.
Speaker 2: You'd rip it open. It'd be one of those shirts with the abs painted as draw on exactly and the bow tie. Hell yes, all right.
Speaker 1: So then the judges came in and Flava's judge and was just madness.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: We got eight nine, ten nine, which, besides Flava's I seemed fair.
Speaker 2: I feel like it was. It should have been eights and nines across the board.
Speaker 3: I was waiting for one of these dancers where flav just holds up a paddle that just has the letter L on it, where it's just.
Speaker 2: Like whoa, what is love?
Speaker 3: He gave them an h like yeah, so, but I other than the ten, and when I saw the ten, I was like, okay, just kind of dis re guard his score.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Next up where Alex and Val and this is where I saw. I felt like the rock and roll ness coming in. I also realize and there were three of them. Tonight passable is now my favorite dance. It is so cool, it's it's it's so awesome. Though it's like so so. I now realized that it was the Argentinian tango and this are so fun. They have so much personality built into the dance itself and it just I just love it. And this felt this fit perfectly their outfits. I mean, living on a prayer. This is like one of my wife's go to karaoke songs.
Speaker 2: I am living bon Jovial.
Speaker 1: You know, she's from Staten Island, so I'm living bon Jovi all the time.
Speaker 2: But I still love this. I thought this was fantastic. This was dance of the night for me. Yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: They both looked phenomenal, Like the leather skirt flipper, I mean it was just purf was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: They were both incredible. The attitude, the song, the costumes that all came together. And now Flave decides to give a nine.
Speaker 2: How is this because this should have been This is straight up tens everywhere. This was so.
Speaker 1: Good and it's like, okay, yes, and you know these guys have always been great, so you know they're they're gonna be in the finals, they're gonna be top.
Speaker 2: That mean they're gonna win.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know where the popular votes landing on them, but man.
Speaker 2: They're just they're just so complistently great.
Speaker 1: Yes. I mean you could see it even in the rehearsals, the way she can hold her body like she just found the frame perfectly.
Speaker 2: Like immediately she's like, what's up.
Speaker 1: You know, they're talking about what Apossi doble is and she just does this thing and you're like, oh, well, you can just move your body in ways that you need to for this form and it's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's like, we know how tall they are, alex Anvel, do we have any idea.
Speaker 2: Are they are?
Speaker 3: They both five six, they both six two. I honestly don't know, but that it works whatever it is is, whatever size they are, especially for this dance, worn't I know. Well, there was a point later on in the show where Jordan and dead Yell we're standing next to each other and Jordan's even smaller than did yeah, and I was like, oh my god, I can't believe that, you know, I was like, this is it's yeah, It's crazy. The variety of bodies and types and they're all trying to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, what and it does the body types?
Speaker 3: Does certain dances lend themselves to different body styles? I really do, absolutely, But yeah, this was just killer. How this wasn't the first four tens well because of the guest judge, it would have been should.
Speaker 2: Be great four tens. It was perfect, it was on on theme, It was just so fun. This could have been the dance of the show for me so far. I mean, this was just incredible. I know, man, I'm I'm kind of wishing.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm still like, I'm still a fan of the more expressive stuff that happened on Dedication night, Like I still think about those dances and like they were saying, dance was the story stelling. It was just so great. But yes, in terms of like what dancing with the stars doing a form, this.
Speaker 2: Just nailed it.
Speaker 1: It was a great agreed all right, next up we had and Emma, it's hard for me not to look back with some.
Speaker 2: Bit of resentment.
Speaker 3: Now, don't look back at anger, Okay, but I agree, this was very sweet.
Speaker 2: Yep, this was great.
Speaker 1: It just felt like a different show, especially coming off of Alex and Foul. I was like, oh, look, the person can dance and it's very sweet, and.
Speaker 2: You know, it's all it's a different show. I mean, at one time they're like literally doing the patty cake.
Speaker 3: I mean they're like doing this and it's like, okay, it's I get that people like him. I get that he's the people's champion. I get that he's kind of why the show was created. And so I think as we talked with the pro Sharna yesterday where she talks about Danielle kind of falling in the middle on how any other season Danielle could have gone to the finals, if not one, it is you've got these amazing dancers. I think there's a bit of a backlash against the people that are basically professionally trained TikTok dancers at the top and then so that's why people are like, see, this is what the show's about, and I think he's likable and everything. I mean, obviously they're not judging him by dance. No, so no, I mean you're okay with that.
Speaker 1: There's that central moment where his big move is literally like taking his arm up and bringing it down.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: It was like twelve seconds of him doing that move and they're showing him practicing and I'm like, but that's just.
Speaker 2: That's your acting beat or it's just your arm. You know.
Speaker 1: It still feels like, you know, a guy is standing around while she dances around to him, and it's.
Speaker 3: It was really obvious at the end of the show when they did those weird team things. It was when you saw Andy in the pack, it was just he's doing a different thing, and it's it all comes down to what you think the show should be or what type of show you want to watch. And that's because obviously nobody is voting for Andy because of his dancing, and that's fine if that's what you want to do. If you want to turn it into a popularity contest, turn it into a popularity contest.
Speaker 1: That's what particular exactly. It's fifty percent of the judging apparently, so.
Speaker 3: But Danielle's gone and Andy is still there, and that's it.
Speaker 2: To me, it's not fair.
Speaker 3: But it's also I wonder if I didn't have a connection with one of the dancers, if I would be the guy going, it's.
Speaker 2: Ee, Andy's awesome, and that's exactly how it should be. I hope he wins the whole thing. I don't know, Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 1: It's hard for me to completely separate, but I guess I was rooting for Andy earlier, you know, in like the last three or four weeks. I was like, well does he really you know, but you said it a couple weeks ago, you were like, is it fair? And yeah, and now I feel it all right. Well, their scores were seven to seven, nine from flavor and flav that's the lowest he goes, apparently and seven.
Speaker 2: Next up we had Whitney and Mark. Another not as good as the first one, not as good.
Speaker 3: But this to me, and I know some people don't like this idea, but this dance to me showcase why I think every night should be won the same dance from everybody. I loved being able to compare this to the other hall man, I know that. Yeah, yes, it's like, ooh, that one was better than that one, and the moves were this and the moves were that.
Speaker 2: Like I could hell now because I had some context. Yeah, yeah, you're right, it was.
Speaker 1: It was it was like an easy compare and contrast and a sense of like, oh, I know what's happening here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they ended up with the exact same scores as Alex and Val, Right is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true? Right, Yeah, three.
Speaker 1: Tens and a nine didn't seem right. It was definitely good, Like, I mean, this is definitely the top of the pack. You know, you're talking to Alex and Val. It's I mean, let's just be honest. It's Alex and Val, Whitney and Mark and Robert and Whitney that are just going to be the top three. I mean, they're just professional dancers at this point.
Speaker 2: Yep. No, I thought this was fun. I just wasn't as drawn in as the you know, as the first one. The first one.
Speaker 3: It also seemed I know, this sounds weird, but like him starting laying down with like the spiderweb of Light above it just it seemed a little hokey to me.
Speaker 2: Whereas the first one.
Speaker 3: Seemed it was like sex and rock and roll in this, this one just seemed a.
Speaker 2: Little like they were trying a little and the movies just weren't as crisp. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, I'm not a big like Ozzy Osbourne fan, so like the music didn't.
Speaker 2: Hit me aszy. This is not the song I would have picked by it now.
Speaker 1: And it's funny how often I've been realizing like when you can, when you have a catchy song or a song that people know, it really helps, you know, Like I think like Living on a Prayer was the perfect.
Speaker 4: Like and this was like, Ozz, how do you not do Crazy Train with that intro that Donna Dunne done it, done it. I mean it's like you're dancing to that to those movies that would have been insane.
Speaker 2: Maybe they couldn't clear the song, but that would have been crazy. Yeah, you want to go as like sort of iconic as possible with the song.
Speaker 1: Choice, Yeah, yeah, because it's it's like an easy it's an easy and you know yeah, all right, next up Danielle and Pasha. Yeah, so Danielle got a little more personal in her behind the scenes, which I'm glad. I'm glad, you know, I think, Yeah, I think she's been you know, a little private in a way that I think is natural, but has probably hurt her because she has she has represented this journey in a way that I think, you know, Andy has benefited from showing his weakness and showing his inabilities and talking about his insecurities, and Danielle hasn't really talked about those. We know she's having them, like everybody does. But yeah, so I think I think she's been hurt. I think she was hurt by the popular vote a little bit by not opening up a little bit more in the behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you know, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I want to ask her because I was thinking about this last night and I've never asked her this. You know, she obviously has been called to be on Dance with the Stars many times and she kept turning it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I turn it down every year too, right, you do too, I know that really you're really I'm the only one.
Speaker 3: So the friendships aside, because you you'll never have a friend as good as Danielle. She's a phenomenal friend to have, so putting the friendships aside with the fellow cast members, I wonder, if she had to do it over again, if she would rather have been on a less stacked season than this season.
Speaker 2: I'm curious.
Speaker 3: I know she would never be able to answer properly because she can't dissect herself from the friends that she's made, the people that love her. But if she could, I wonder if she'd be like, yeah, I should have gone on two years.
Speaker 2: Ago or whatever. Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I don't know. Throughout the other seasons to compare, I.
Speaker 3: Don't either, But apparently this one's everyone's talking about how this is just a crazy professional dance season.
Speaker 1: I just think that there's there's there's something about Danielle's personality that she is such a leader, she is such the person who she's such a great friend. She's so empathetic, and she's always like, you know, she's the person who reaches out all the time when anything happens, when you know, she's always aware of your feelings, aware what you're going through, and she's very good about being the person who's got this it's got whatever it is under control. She never lets on that she is struggling or having a hard time, even when she is, and we know this about her, but I think that part of her presentation on this show has been that she's like, I got this, I'm doing great, you know. And I think that that it would have been nice for her probably to just be a little more vulnerable and admit that, you know, she's been dealing with a lot going into the show, and her cancer and all the things that have happened, and I think unfortunately she came across she like it's almost like her own capabilities and her own capacity to you know, present well worked against her a little bit.
Speaker 3: Party And I think what all women love to hear is two men talking about what it is to be a woman. But at the same time, it seems like that's kind of the model of the modern day woman. I totally be able to do everything. I have to be the perfect mom, I have to have the perfect at work, I have to do this, I have to do that. Yeah, And I think she embodies that where it's absolutely in her mind she has to do everything perfectly, and it's to be like, hey, I'm I'm struggling here with whatever. Well that is almost like a failure for a woman nowadays, whereas me with my mental health stuff, it wasn't until I reached out to somebody who's like, I'm struggling here where my life kind of changed for the better. And so but as a man it's maybe a little bit easier to do that than for a woman.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there were there were there were moments in this dance, you know, so she had expressed to us that contemporary you know, threw her off her game a little bit, because it was about this sort of expressiveness and freedom that Danielle, you know, like we joke all the time that she can't stand theater kid energy, you know. She she like her least favorite thing is like role playing and like doing voices and like committing you know.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And there's an aspect of contemporary dance that requires that right you have to like And I was really proud of her watching her in this dance, especially when they did the side by sides, I could tell that she was giving herself over to it in a way that she was not worried about what she looked like. She was not worried about her frame.
Speaker 2: She was just like boom in it and and and and invest in Holy with her her whole spirit and body. And I was really proud of her for that.
Speaker 1: I you know, I don't think it ultimately deserved tens across the board, but I do think it, you know, knowing her personally, I was like, oh man, this was a tough one for her, and she.
Speaker 2: Came a long way.
Speaker 3: I do I do feel I don't think it was the weakest dance of the night. And again, if we're judging everything fairly, she'd still be there.
Speaker 2: And again fairly is the wrong word.
Speaker 3: If we're judging it by dance, she she'd still be there. Uh, clearly, she'd still be there. And when we get to Elaine, we'll talk about that too. Where it's but you could you could you could feel, I mean, if you knew Danielle, you could feel that this was just a rough week for her. I mean, it really really was. And this is the theater. It's not even just the theater kid energy.
Speaker 2: It's letting go.
Speaker 3: And I think that's that's tough for somebody who has to not only fly the plane but make sure that everyone all the passengers are comfortable and that they all have food, and it's like she needs to do everything, and I think that hurt her this.
Speaker 2: Week a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I thought, frankly, for the first time, because we called out Carrie in and the other judges, I thought the judges scoring wise were fair this week, I really do well apologize.
Speaker 2: I know, which I didn't know if she needed to. I felt a.
Speaker 1: Little performative in the sense of like she clearly has been reading social media, or like I owe you an apology, was like, I don't think you do. And Danielle even said, like, you don't know me an apology, like.
Speaker 2: And she ordered it.
Speaker 3: She said, I owe you an apology. I hope it didn't hurt your feelings that I said you were short. That's what she's talking about. She's like, I hope that didn't hurt your feeling.
Speaker 2: It's like she is short. It's okay, she's a small person. That's what she said. Person. Yeah, that's I mean.
Speaker 3: I of all the things I think she had to apologize to dan Yelle for calling her out on how big she was, wasn't one of them right, So and again I don't think she needed to do it on camera. I think, you know, maybe later been like maybe it was a little harsh on you. I apologize for that. That's we don't need to see that she's.
Speaker 2: Doing her job. But all right, it was nine to eight, nine to eight. It was fair.
Speaker 1: It was fair mixed up Elayne and Allen. They did the Viennese waltz to what the World dance now is Love? You know, this felt very out of touch with the rest of the night to me in terms of like the rock and roll factor kind of just like it's good. It was actually one of her better dances. Yeah, but it felt like a week three dance to me?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean that?
Speaker 3: But Danielle gets called out and again I know we're biased, I get it, But daniel gets called out a couple of weeks ago on Dedication night. Hey, all your dancers are starting to look the same. To me, all of Elaine's dances look the same. Yeah, and it's like, how did and everyone's like this it was amazing. I'm like, wait a second, she's doing the same.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, I think technically it was a really good Viennese waltz is the only thing I can think. But for me at this in the show, I was like, I want to see more something and more. I want to see something more expressive, something more of your personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, granted she's coming back from.
Speaker 1: An injury, so I think they were just like, let's play it safe, let's do a good classic ballroom dance, and they did which in a weird way.
Speaker 2: I guess maybe Danielle.
Speaker 1: Should have done at this, you know, because she was coming off of a very expressive, you know, free week last last week. Maybe she should have just done a standard you know, shown off for dancing skills.
Speaker 3: You also wonder why, And again I'm not trying to call out Pasha in any way, shape or for him. He's a great dude and I think was a great partner for her. But you wonder if they sit down and they have a conversation and Danielle says, I don't like theater kid energy. I don't like it that you get contemporary out of the way early when everybody gets fives and sixes, right, Like if she knows she's going to have a problem with that, And again maybe she didn't.
Speaker 1: No, I think we knew, I mean from what we know behind the scenes, daniel was very excited about the song and getting this song, and I think this is an important song for her and the idea of like being free in theory was exciting. So I think they planned this a while ago.
Speaker 3: And yeah, well you know this is also we were there with her. This was her first concert ever at twelve. We all went to Aerosmith together, So there's something unaspecial about that too, where it was you know, I still have that picture hanging on the wall.
Speaker 2: We're all chilling out with Aerosmith.
Speaker 1: It's really cool, all right. Elaine and Allen got nine to nine, ten and nine.
Speaker 2: That was not a ten.
Speaker 3: I could see nines across the board that well, it's flame its way battles. It's amazing because it didn't look like he could hit the ground with his hat in three tries, but he found the paddles that time, which is great.
Speaker 2: All right. Next we had Jordan and Ezra. It was cool to see Ezra.
Speaker 1: Apologizing to Jordan for the whole like harness arnest Gate.
Speaker 2: Is that what he called harness Gate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was cool because it was you know, it was exactly right, like it was weird. And but man, I love these two I thought this was just so good. She just committed, she got to do some of her act robatics. There was so much personality. You could tell that she was having fun.
Speaker 2: Did you get with their comments afterwards? Just here the comments.
Speaker 3: She she got up there and she said she's back, y'all and better than ever. Like I'm Tina Turner now and I'm better than Tina who's dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was trying to pass through her afterwards, Like she said something about like the spirit came through me and I was living her dreams or it was like it was like it was like your fulfilling Tina Turner's dreams.
Speaker 2: It was a little it was almost just in it. Yeah, I don't know. I don't think she was quite aware. She was after so much fun and like this was just cool to see.
Speaker 3: I had perfect time to bust out some serious gymnastics. I mean, everyone's like, you can't always use gymnastics, but sometimes you should. And when she does, it's obviously world class, so looks cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten nine, ten nine.
Speaker 1: I thought that was fair me too, All right, next Upburt and Whitney.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I could argue with you that Whitney at times is as good if not like is the best dancer on the floor.
Speaker 2: I think she's incredible to watch dance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought this probably was hurt a little bit by going later, because you've already seen the other Pase Doblez.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was fantastic.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, it's there the thing we thought was gonna happen. We're oh my god, you started at eleven, Where do you go from here? Well, he's just stayed at eleven.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: It's it's really weird. It's like, oh, okay, you're just going to kind of win the whole thing. And I still think he's the front runner, and I still think he's going to take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at this point, I feel like he's the perfect combination of excellent dancer and personal journey that we've.
Speaker 2: All good looking humble.
Speaker 3: I mean, I saw what watched an interview with him afterwards where he was just gushing about Danielle, and it's like, yeah, it's you love this guy, you love this guy.
Speaker 1: So then oh, so they got nine to nine, ten, ten, and then we went into these group group dances, which I thought was really cool, to the extent that I was like, I would much rather watch a show about this. I would much rather watch a show about a group of dancers or performers coming together and having to create a dance together. I just thought it was so cool because they weren't competing with each other.
Speaker 2: It was like, let's just have fun, you know.
Speaker 1: It was like watching any behind the scenes of like people coming together with a scene or comedy or whatever.
Speaker 2: I just love this kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I love like process and I love watching people figuring out what they're gonna do.
Speaker 2: And this was so cool.
Speaker 1: And I think Danielle really shines situations like this because she's such a good director. She's so good at incorporating other people's ideas, and you could see her helping lead this thing as the team captain, and just like.
Speaker 3: She had a moment or two on the dance floor that were a little like at one point, she's looking over to Jordan and Jordan sits down and he was like, oh, that's right, I'm supposed to sit and yeah, so there's a moment or two of that. But yeah, she's you know, she's a great And I kind of liked the fact that Alfonso goes on one team. Yeah, you know, like the hosts are in on it and goes on another team.
Speaker 2: It was fun. I thought it was totally fun.
Speaker 3: Man, I was they clearly were better than the other team, Like, team clearly were better. Yeah, Team Chicago was better than Team Cool.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, way better.
Speaker 1: I thought Team Cool like they got two tens when they probably should have been eights or nine.
Speaker 3: It was a little like what the Andy factor there's I mean he's literally in the middle just waving his.
Speaker 2: Arms at times. It's like there's very little the man can do.
Speaker 3: So it's this is where it comes down to, all right, we're keeping him because he's awesome, we love him, but yeah, it's it's you can you can see. So I like it better than the other one, which was weird where they're just tapping people out the dance whatever.
Speaker 2: In Team Cool and this is.
Speaker 1: There was a moment where where Robert literally like in the early part, he literally didn't care at all, like he was just phoning it in and I was like, what are you doing, dude, You're like one of the best dancers. He came back around, but I was like, what's happened? And like no one even noticed because there's so much going on. But I definitely think Team Cool was way worse than Team Chicago, like to a degree that was like, guys, you didn't work that hard on this. They didn't care in a way that I could feel like Team Chicago was having so much fun. They all kind of cared about coming together to like make this happen.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I like that whole process. I thought that was cool to see.
Speaker 1: I like them having to interact with each other and not just be in their like little private rehearsal space, and it was cool. And yeah, like I said, I would probably watch a show just about a dance troupe and their personalities and coming together to work together, all right.
Speaker 2: And then we got to the voting the results. Yeah, I didn't quite see this coming.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, it's time for Andy to go. No, it's not time for Andy to go.
Speaker 3: When I heard them say a laye, you're safe, I was like, Daniel's going.
Speaker 2: I knew.
Speaker 3: I knew right away because Andy's there to stay. He's going to be there for the long haul. Unless there's a big backlash against it.
Speaker 2: He's there.
Speaker 3: He'll be in the finals. I still don't think he'll win. I still think it'll be Robert, but I think he's in it.
Speaker 2: For the long haul.
Speaker 3: At this point, people are now it's a thing, like it's become a thing. So the second they said a laye, you're safe, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, damn it, Like I just I knew that sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt bad too, I really, I was like, oh, oh, this just happened.
Speaker 2: Okay. I texted Danielle me too. Didn hear about it for a couple hours. I knew she was me too, dealing with all the press, and yeah, I must have said the word proud like eight times.
Speaker 3: It was the weirdest, most disjointed text to where I had to text her again being like I'm sorry, I just used the.
Speaker 2: Word proud like thirty two times.
Speaker 1: I thought I felt bad because I was just like I want to text, but I feel like everybody's feeling this way.
Speaker 2: So she her phone just must have been blowing up for of course, like of course six hours of just NonStop, so I'm sure it's still blowing up. Yeah it's yeah, it's yeah, it sucked. It just sucked.
Speaker 1: You were.
Speaker 3: I feel like we were on this journey with her and it's like to see it end. It's like ough, and it had to end sometime, whether she won or not. It had to end sometime, but it was we're gonna stay committed, you and me.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna finish the show out. Okay, so let's now that Danielle's out of the equation, let's talk about what our hopes, our fears, our expectations.
Speaker 2: You think he's gonna be get to that.
Speaker 3: Well, before we get to that, I'd like, because it's instantly iconic, I would like you, as Bruno, to talk a little bit about Danielle Fischer uh.
Speaker 2: As a person or as ad just as the as the end.
Speaker 3: They like saying goodbye to Danielle on the show Brewn, No, how do you say goodbye to Danielle on the show?
Speaker 2: Danielle?
Speaker 5: You were a fantastic It was how you say, uh, perfection, your little body, you brought it. You brought a little body out into the show. And we love you. We love you, darling.
Speaker 2: But yes it was not good enough, not good enough. Now we we'll see you next time. I don't know that's great.
Speaker 3: I just though a so you want to know what? How who I mean? I'm still and I'm not team Robert. I just think Robert's gonna win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you there, I'm I'm kind of I guess maybe I'm always rooting for underdogs, but I'm really just in it for Jordan and Dylan at this point.
Speaker 2: I like watching the two of them dance. I think every time I'm a little like, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 1: Whereas like Alex and Whitney and Robert, I'm like, yeah, you're gonna do great and it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: I Alex has won me over. Yeah she.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think Whitney is Whitney. I'm not team Whitney. I'm sure again, she's a lovely person. I don't know, but she to me is the one who's the real Like I went to school for dance, I've been dancing my whole life.
Speaker 2: Now I'm a professional TikTok dancer.
Speaker 3: Where I think Alex was not that, I don't think, but she's won me over.
Speaker 2: I still love Dylan. I think he's awesome.
Speaker 3: I hope he's in the finals, but I don't think anybody's going to be beating Robert. They're like they're they're I mean, one of the judges was a mirror Ball winner with his sister. I know you know, they're Dancing with the Stars Royalty, and I think he's going to take.
Speaker 1: The whole thing.
Speaker 2: Frankly, how do you stand on Andy?
Speaker 3: I mean, now that he's in it and Danielle's gone, are you now team more team Andy?
Speaker 2: Or do you think he should go.
Speaker 1: Every I feel like this is the accomplishment he's already won as far as his storyline.
Speaker 2: You know, like he's gotten so much love.
Speaker 1: People are going to follow him wherever he wants to go in his career as an actor, as a comedian, as a host.
Speaker 2: Or whatever he wants to do.
Speaker 1: Like the audit people probably already were, but now he's only increased his likability, you know. And I think it's been a great journey to watch, But do you deserve to win this show?
Speaker 2: No? No, no.
Speaker 3: You know the first thing that I would do when when whenever he leaves, if I was ABC and Dancing with the Stars, I would go to him and I'd say, we want you to be a special correspondent. You're going to go instead of just doing a package, You're gonna have a microphone and you're going to actually interview them while they're dancing a little bit and throw out a couple of jokes and you're like, now part.
Speaker 2: Of the show.
Speaker 1: I agree, man, I think that would be fantastic because he is he is fun to watch, he's fun to you know.
Speaker 2: But it's just not it's just not is I don't think. Yeah, I don't. I agree, I agree, But you really think he's going to be in like the final three? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think again. I think at this point it's a thing. I don't think we're gonna drop off. We're gonna lose Dylan and Jordan next or no Elaine, Dylan, Jordan, those three are just going to be kicked off in the next couple of weeks and you're gonna end up with Alex, Whitney and Robie and Robert.
Speaker 2: No, No, I disagree.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I think there's a good chance, believe it or not, the next person to go home is Whitney. I don't think people like Whitney, and I think there's a My guess is if we if we were privy to all of the votes, that there is a very good chance that I think the next one to go is gonna be Elaine, and then it's gonna be Whitney, and then it's gonna be Jordan. And then it's gonna be Dylan. That would be the way, that would be the order. I think they're gonna go.
Speaker 1: That's I think that's a good call, assuming Andy keeps steamrolling through. It's a popular vote, correct, because if I think if he falls off any week, just you know, if anybody just gets late.
Speaker 2: Like, there might be backlash, now, do you know what I mean? Because of Danielle, because people are like, maybe come on, yeah, but maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe if people were voting for Danielle, a lot of that might go to Andy.
Speaker 2: Now if it's about personnel, oh man, yeah, I don't know. I don't know. It could also maybe go to Jordan. They it seem like Danielle and Jordan we're very close. But it also seemed like Danielle and Robert were really close. So I don't know. Will this is how they get you? Now? We're stuck. We gotta finish it.
Speaker 3: We're so involved, we're so in it, dude, it's horrifying.
Speaker 2: It's the first one's free, man, first one's free. Just try it. Now.
Speaker 3: I'm on the street corner going like, come on, man, give me a rumba.
Speaker 2: All right, that's it.
Speaker 1: For this episode of pod Meets World. Join us next week as we continue watching season thirty four of Dancing with the Stars. We may not know a tango from a tangle of headphones, but we know what we learned way back in Phoene's class.
Speaker 2: Danielle Fischel was the star of the show.
Speaker 1: Podmeats World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischle, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubasch producer, Maddy Moore engineer and Boy Meets World superman Easton Out.
Speaker 2: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at Podmeats World Show or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com.