Speaker 1: Think about yourself for a second. If you're listening to this on the radio, chances are you're in America, the greatest, most freest country in the world. And if you need proof of how free we are, all you need to do is take a look at social media. It's really hard to find anybody who lives in this country saying the opposite. Sure, it's because plenty of people do, but the companies and the government in this fine country use AI to find those accounts and throttle them so that nobody sees their posts. And as a good American, that's what I call freedom. Anyway, If you also look at social media, you can find people from other countries talking about what they think Americans are like. And it's hilarious because somebody just asked a bunch of people from other countries what they think of Americans and they said things like this college in the US is just like the movies.
Speaker 2: It's pretty accurate.
Speaker 1: Kind is foreigners assume that college is all about frat parties, kegs, red solo cups, and ridiculous sports rivalries.
Speaker 3: Basically every Hollywood movie ever. That's very accurate today. So I was like, that was my college years. Cappa Delta what that was?
Speaker 1: So people from other countries also think every American is either a cowboy or lives in New York.
Speaker 2: Cowboy in New York.
Speaker 1: For some reason, people think the US is just cowboys, deserts and New York City and then there's nothing else.
Speaker 2: So sorry, Cansas.
Speaker 4: Especially surprising that like Hollywood didn't pick up for them, you know, like palm trees and Hollywood and actors and stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll probably just assume they're in New York. Somebody surveyed a bunch of people from other countries asking what they think Americans are like. They also said every American loves fast food and eats it daily.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, every single one of them. I guess.
Speaker 1: If you've ever gone with anybody from another country to a fast food place, here, watch the face they are shocked at the size of things.
Speaker 5: I bet yeah.
Speaker 6: And you can supersize something and they're like, what, why don't you want it bigger?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Threw a McDonald's with a guy from Australia and he got a small soda and he's like, I ordered a small, he said in an Australian accent. I can't really do that good one right now. But he's like a small It's like that is a small and he look on to Sace, is like, what.
Speaker 5: Are you guys doing over here?
Speaker 1: We have spiders that will eat your face off, but they're doing it.
Speaker 5: You're doing this to yourself.
Speaker 4: When you go to the other countries, their abortions are so small, you're still hungry.
Speaker 1: Other People from other countries also say that in America you can sue anyone for anything.
Speaker 5: True, very true, true.
Speaker 2: Like I'm slowly learning that that's true.
Speaker 5: It doesn't even matter if there's any law surrounding it or anything. It's like, I sue you.
Speaker 2: I sue you.
Speaker 5: I'm sad because your album is better than mine. I sue you.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, how did you get defensive? Like do you have an album?
Speaker 1: People in other countries also think that people in Texas ride horses to school.
Speaker 5: I want that to be true. It was not, but I want it to be so bad.
Speaker 1: It says a weird common belief from other countries that Texans don't use cars.
Speaker 3: They saddle up and ride horses everywhere, like it was eighteen eighty five. That would be so cool. Victoria, you're growing up and going to school in Texas. Did you ever see anybody come to school and a horse.
Speaker 5: On a horse?
Speaker 2: No, but like I would ride horses.
Speaker 6: But I also don't think it's people from other countries. People from half of this country think we ride horses to school.
Speaker 5: Its exits true. I'm like, guys, what cars?
Speaker 2: Just like you, We're in the same country. Like how close is the nearest horse to you?
Speaker 5: Growing up?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: To me?
Speaker 6: Like my friend had horses and so like I would always go to her house, so like next door, yeah.
Speaker 5: Some miles down the road.
Speaker 7: Okay, in the state that loves oil more than any other state.
Speaker 5: Just just so we're clear, Texas.
Speaker 2: Watch landman so good.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked people from other countries what they think Americans are like, and somebody else said, Americans wake up every morning and pledge allegiance to the flag.
Speaker 5: Florida's think we start.
Speaker 1: Our mornings by dramatically putting our hand over our heart and reciting the pledge of Allegiance like it's some kind of daily ritual.
Speaker 5: What has happened in school?
Speaker 2: We did, but that's in school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, they think that we just bounce out of bed and that's the first thing that we do.
Speaker 5: We're going over a survey that somebody did.
Speaker 1: They ask people from other countries what they think of Americans, and a lot of people said Florida is a separate country that many people abroad think Florida is just a lawless land of alligators, theme parks and weird headlines about people doing insane things.
Speaker 7: Not very wrong at all from the legality of being a separate country. The rest of that very accurate, very active.
Speaker 6: I'd be fun to live in a different country and just imagine what Florida is based on the headlines alone, I would signified to go.
Speaker 1: Somebody asked people from other countries what they think about Americans. They said they don't use the metric system because they're stubborn, correct.
Speaker 2: As well, Yeah, who decided that.
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: The rest of the world uses the metric system and a parent I don't know math either way, right, I'm lost in our country if you ask me anything, But in other countries, I'm really lost. But as far as I know, people say the metric system is a better system and Americans just won't use it.
Speaker 5: Well, it's based on tens, right.
Speaker 7: But the other thing is our military doesn't use it because it's harder for everyone else to copy our stuff. Is that why you ever tried to figure out whether you need to use a metric or an imperial wrench on something?
Speaker 2: It's an imperial wrench.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the half inch inch like our version. You ever tried to like, no, I've yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, you just kind of go and see if it fits exactly, or you should see how it takes me to put a wrench on something.
Speaker 5: It's impossible. I'm like whatever on the side.
Speaker 1: Can Another common stereotype that people in other countries think about Americans. Americans all clap when planes land. We should we shouldn't.
Speaker 4: It feels good, it's weird.
Speaker 2: It's especially when you land in Vegas. It's so fun.
Speaker 7: Please, Nina, I want to save you. Please never clap on a plane. Paone who claps on a plane. I'm like current, it's a bored person.
Speaker 2: Don't ruin my joy.
Speaker 5: Bored person, not bored making personality.
Speaker 2: You make things fun.
Speaker 4: Everything can be more fun if you actually just enjoy it instead of just be like I just.
Speaker 2: Landed, you idiot, you're happy.
Speaker 1: They also think that Americans put cheese on everything. Very accurate. Why I'm Americans will slap a slice of cheese on anything. Burgers, friedes, salads, desserts. Yeah, that's absolutely true. I was trying to think if there's any of those that it doesn't happen on. No cheese on everything. You have an entire restaurant chain that's like dessert cheese it Oh cheese can ye