Speaker 1: Hey, it's brooking Jeffrey in the morning, and you all love these awkward calls, so we're doing it again on Thursday. We had a brand new awkward Thursday phone call for you today, so I hope you enjoy that episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get prepared for.
Speaker 3: The intro of it. Everyone loves it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what are we seeing on the comment sections?
Speaker 2: Yes, Dan said, Hi all Dan here.
Speaker 3: I've been listening for the last two to three years now, every day, trying to listen to every episode. I've always wondered what my clients must think is I'm mowing their grass, riding around laughing in their yard as I listened to y'all.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know if the same guy.
Speaker 4: I had a guy coming my shore last night who said he's listened to every single second date.
Speaker 2: He's a farmer. He's farmed over.
Speaker 4: A million chickens, like a ginormous farm, and every morning he plays the show for the chickens.
Speaker 1: Dude, I just love the visual of a guy mowing your lawn, just laughing maniacally.
Speaker 5: Looking out mom.
Speaker 2: I really loves grass. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Hey, thank you for listening to Thank you for the farmer too, for being here. Yeah, we got your brand new episode starting right now.
Speaker 2: Is there anything more cringey than seeing a marriage proposal gone wrong? Oh my gosh, It's like you can't look away as the guy drops down to a knee and then gets rejected, and suddenly the vibe inside that David Busters is all messed up. Oh yeah, Now, imagine that humiliation happening not once, not twice, but three separate times to the same dude. Oh my god, that's where one of our listeners is right now, and he's not ready to give up just yet. He's seeking the type of advice that only we could provide in your brand new Awkward Thursday Phone Call coming up next. It's awkward. It's Thursday. It's awkward Thursday phone call. Brook. How many times did you make your husband propose before you finally said yes?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 1: He just did it once?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Wow, gave it up to him right away. I know, I know. I've always been easy, Jeff, you know, Oh my gosh, not expecting that well at all. According to Chat GPT, who is the expert authority on this show, the most times a man should pop the question after getting rejected is once, maybe twice.
Speaker 1: My dad proposed I think like three times to my mom. Oh they've been married almost fifty years.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: Say, it looks different for everybody, clearly, but one of our listeners, Joe, needs help because he's already passed the one or two pop the question threshold. Hey, look at that, and he needs a little bit of advice. Joe. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, you're in a scenario most people never would be in.
Speaker 2: Brother, Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: You know you're still together. That says something like sometimes when someone proposes and they say no, it's like, oh my god, we shouldn't be together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a lot of advice to offer you before hearing anything about your story. Up, we're pumping them up. Jack. That's good. Well, let's hear about the relationship that you're in right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It's my girlfriend EM and I. We've been together for five years.
Speaker 1: Did you say her name was EM like the letter ema?
Speaker 5: M M.
Speaker 6: Okay, sorry, okay, I call her AM sometimes. Sorry that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we prefer only formal names on this show, so lock it up. So you've been with her, you said five years?
Speaker 6: Yeah, five years. We've done everything together. We've traveled to all kinds of places. We have a dog, we bought a condo together.
Speaker 2: Have you guys kissed? Okay? Yeah, all right, just covering all.
Speaker 1: The How does she how does she feel about the idea of marriage?
Speaker 6: This is the thing we have talked about. We both want to be married. Okay, so I take action, I go and I propose and she said no.
Speaker 1: Wait? Why why did she say no? I mean she's obviously in it with you for the long haul.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know because I've then proceeded to propose a couple more times. I've actually proposed three times in the last eighteen months.
Speaker 2: Okay, whoa what.
Speaker 6: Are you not getting?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Where are you doing it? Like? How's it going down?
Speaker 1: I feel like we need the story behind what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's different places, different ways. Two of them. I was in public, like it was by a beautiful tree in the park, the worst one, if I can let you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do the worst. Yes, that sounds fun. What happened?
Speaker 6: I paid for a firework It's like, and you imagine, yes, let's get married and then a nice fifteen minutes of fireworks. But she said no, and then we had to sit there and watch fireworks, I'll get a reading. Yeah, go home and just go to bed.
Speaker 3: I don't care why she doesn't tell you what's wrong.
Speaker 2: Does Emma say anything about it?
Speaker 6: Yes, she has told me she's fully ready, wants the universe lets her know that she's ready.
Speaker 1: This is out of your hands.
Speaker 6: He's ready.
Speaker 1: Is she really into astrology like the planets aligning?
Speaker 6: And no, no, I've never I don't even know it.
Speaker 2: Now, Well, what does she mean that the universe will let her know?
Speaker 6: She just tells me the universe will let us both know when it's the time. I even once proposed I gave her a card that said, hey, babe, the universe told me I should put a ring on it.
Speaker 2: That's clever.
Speaker 6: And her response was, yeah, no, that's not it.
Speaker 2: The universe is a person that we need to ask permission from.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad idea. Have you talked to her family?
Speaker 5: Maybe?
Speaker 6: Well? Yeah, yeah, I actually did. I have asked her father for permission all three times.
Speaker 2: You went to her dad on three separate occasions to ask for her hand in marriage. There's buddies. Now he comes back. It happened again, brother?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he just kind of shrugs his shoulders each time, and by the time he said, well, son, I'm surprised you are still with her, but he called your son.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, that's so bizarre. So where are you at, Like, are you willing to be patient enough to wait for whatever this universe moment is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you even want to keep asking?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I kind of do. I mean, I get it. Most guys at this point would have said, forget it, I'm done. If the universe is not giving me a green light yet, and then maybe we should separate. But she's making it very clear that she does not want to break up, okay, and she's been happy and cheer even when she says no. It wasn't like a down or no, it was a like a positive, optimistic.
Speaker 2: Yes silly. So okay, this you're definitely in a weird position. But what made you reach out to our show for? What are you looking for?
Speaker 6: Looking for some advice on how do I even talk to her about that? I don't want to propose on your show or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to figure out what the universe like when you'll know?
Speaker 6: I would like to understand what is she looking for?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Help him unlock the key to her heart to say yes.
Speaker 4: Jef, you should call her and say you're the universe calling.
Speaker 2: I like that, But unfortunately this is an awkward Thursday phone call, and that means Joe is the one that's going to have to do the unlocking himself. Yeah, so we're going to come back and give you a little bit of advice to help you call your girlfriend of five years to figure her out what sign from the universe is she looking for before she says yes to marriage. All right, it's a little crazy, but we're gonna do it an awkward Thursday right after this. Hold on, it's awkward. It's Thursday. It's awkward Thursday phone call. You gotta feel for our listener, Joe. Here's a guy who's been in love with a girl for five years.
Speaker 5: Oh, they're so cute together, and.
Speaker 2: He desperately wants to marry her. She said no three times to his proposals.
Speaker 1: But in a happy way, but not yet.
Speaker 2: With a big smile. Yes, absolutely not, and made it clear she doesn't want to break up. She does want to get married. It's just the universe hasn't told her that it's right yet. Whatever that means. Even Joe isn't sure, that's why he's hoping to get some clarity here with us today during this awkward Thursday phone call, and find out what exact exactly is his girlfriend waiting for. What is Joe doing wrong? What's not aligning for Emma to say yes to his proposal? So, Brooke, what's your advice?
Speaker 1: I think you give up on the universe Joe.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think you wait around.
Speaker 1: For any universal sign. I think you tell Emma listen. I got a three ask limit. I did my part. You understand the universe better than I am.
Speaker 2: You do the asking. Now it's up to Emma now to propose. Wow, give up your man card, Joe? What do you think that a.
Speaker 1: Man card thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's better than just giving up altogether.
Speaker 1: It makes your life easier, right, Like you don't have to plan anything, you don't have to worry, you don't have to spend any more money. It's all up to Emma.
Speaker 6: You don't think it'll look like I'm giving up and then that'll make her give up.
Speaker 1: No, I think you're saying like I don't get the universe.
Speaker 2: You do. It's just one piece of advice. You can not use it. Jose, what do you think.
Speaker 4: Well, you said you're okay waiting and proposing again, but that may not be the right move for you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You need to give her a soft ultimatum.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Oh, that way she's like, oh, I'm gonna lose him.
Speaker 2: The universe may speak to her. Yeah, it may speed up her timeline if when you say yes, I just got a text the universe and its time. What do you think, Joe?
Speaker 6: I do want this happen sooner later. It's getting a little a little expensive.
Speaker 2: Too many fireworks shows kind.
Speaker 6: Of don't want to have to meet with her dad, Joe.
Speaker 1: You don't have to meet with her dad any I know, maybe I.
Speaker 6: Should bring her dad with me.
Speaker 1: No, I have her dad do it for you. Like, Hey, Joe would like to propose? Will you finally say yes?
Speaker 2: We are officially cutting off the advice. Yeah, and we're just gonna dial your girlfriend and see if she answers. You got this, Joe, You're gonna find out what the universe wants from you.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go. I'm gonna dollar number right now. Let you make your awkward Thursday phone God, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey baby, Oh I didn't I didn't recognize the number. Hi, what's up, mama? How you doing, Booby?
Speaker 6: I'm doing your head? How are you?
Speaker 5: You remind me later before you come home. I seams on sale at a supermarket.
Speaker 6: If you can grab some somewhat some pumpkins.
Speaker 5: You know the ice cream that you like? That that cherry chip ice cream that you like. I just noticed it was on sale. If you want to grab some on your way home.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'll get that.
Speaker 5: Okay. What's up?
Speaker 6: What's up, Bobo? I'm I'm just thinking about us and I love and all of these proposals, and let's talk about.
Speaker 5: It, or how about we don't.
Speaker 6: If we don't talk about it, then I'll just be thinking about it all day. But I was thinking about the universe. Yeah, it's how me and the universe. I don't I don't know how to talk to the universe.
Speaker 5: But well, how many times have I told you? You don't talk to the universe? You listen to it? You wait?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, Well like I haven't heard it. And I.
Speaker 5: Know you're confused, and I know I've said this to you before, but you have to trust that the universe is going to reveal it and it's time. It's you we just have to wait for it coming.
Speaker 6: Baby. I have been patient and I and I've been listening. I don't know exactly what you're looking for, and I'm no listen. I'm where I don't know if it's if it's worth it that we can and you what you want.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, what are we questioning here? There's none of that, you know, and I know that we're meant to be together. You know I love you, you know I want to be with you. I just have to understand. I've had this thing and I just I need to follow it through what thing.
Speaker 6: The universe thing or I'm continuous could do what?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah.
Speaker 5: If I feel like if I tell you then it's going to ruin it, it's not, then it won't be the point.
Speaker 6: I just need to help. I feel like I'm at my end. I just need a clear path.
Speaker 5: No, it's not like that even, it's just it's just it's just okay. When I was twelve, I made a pact and the path was I want to sign from the universe that the man I marry is the right one.
Speaker 6: And so what you haven't gotten the sign yet?
Speaker 5: The thing is the sign. It needs to come from you.
Speaker 6: Baby, I'm very cold. We had fireworks, we had cheese.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no. I know that's not the that's not the sign. That's not the sign.
Speaker 6: What what kind of he?
Speaker 5: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: Baby?
Speaker 5: It's a word? Okay, So it's a word that is only between the universe and I. It's just we know, and the thing of it is the time that we've been together so far, you've not said it. Oh my.
Speaker 6: The only reason that you said no to all of my proposals it is because I haven't said the magic word that you came up with when you were twelve.
Speaker 5: Hello. Hello, there's a loud word.
Speaker 2: I guess, yes, yeah, Hello, Hello Emma.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 2: Was the word awkward?
Speaker 1: Maybe the word was awkward again?
Speaker 2: Maybe? But this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Oh, welcome to it.
Speaker 5: Hi, Joe, what did you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: I was looking for help and they're just going to help help. Let's figure it out, right, guys.
Speaker 2: It's kind of fun to leave you hanging a little bit, Joe.
Speaker 1: But I think we should spend the next five minutes just saying words yes see and if we could get.
Speaker 2: It, what do you guys?
Speaker 4: Think a twelve year old came up with over twelve year old.
Speaker 1: See is it a person, place or thing?
Speaker 5: Us?
Speaker 6: Games?
Speaker 5: Look, guys, I know you're all trying to help, and I understand that he's frustrated. The Joe the universe will give you the word when the last you just.
Speaker 6: Hard bark.
Speaker 4: Ambulance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't know.
Speaker 2: We don't have a lot, We don't enough time for that, Joan. And remember she was twelve when she made the packs. You have to think of words that twelve year old girls would like.
Speaker 6: That's what baby. I don't know that many words.
Speaker 1: Okay, Joan, Emma, you could be losing the most patient, loving man, the person you're supposed to be with, because you're stuck on this thing that you made up when you were twelve years old.
Speaker 6: Can I can I say, baby, you're not losing me. I'm not losing you, but we might both end up in the looney bin.
Speaker 5: That's positive, all right, all right, Heney baby boo boo. We'll talk later over some ice cream. Okay. I love you and I know that the words will come to you.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna tell us that defeats the purpose of the whole game. Brooke, Dude, that's not a fun game.
Speaker 1: So wait, is he gonna like be talking to you, like in the bathroom while you're brushing your teeth and he accidentally says the word and then you just break down in tears and say, yes, I will marry you.
Speaker 5: That's the question and better directed to the universe.
Speaker 1: I can't ask the universe questions.
Speaker 2: I'm aways supposed to listen like.
Speaker 1: This is a very complicated relationship with the universe.
Speaker 2: Joe. I feel like we got a lot of clarity out of this phone call, but we are running out of time. At least you know that there is one word that you need to say to unlock a yes to your marriage proposal.
Speaker 1: Maybe start playing scrabble together. It'll come up, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go pick up a dictionary and.
Speaker 2: Page every morning to her, Joe. It's really good that you love her, because I don't know that anybody else ever could Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: I feel for Brooke right now because I can't get it out of my head.
Speaker 2: And you could hear how badly she wants to know what the word is, dude. Honestly, well, people couldn't see this on the radio, but Brooke actually whipped out her check book and was prepared to write a large sum of money just to bribe the woman into finding out the magic word.
Speaker 1: Do you know any glisteners would be grateful if I were?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but Brooke held back. So I'm proud of you for that. Brook. It is crazy, though, that they've been together for five years. They do everything vacations and shopping and home ownership, and not once has he said the word that entire time.
Speaker 1: Unicorn or glitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are too normal too.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling he's just gonna accidentally say it one night, like in his sleep, and she's gonna wake him up and be like, oh my god, we're getting married.
Speaker 2: They're gonna say even say during a fight. Oh no, great, now you have to propose there. It is well, Brooke. If we come to learn that the word is moist, do you want to know or do you want to be kept in the dark on that one word moist? We never know, and we can. By the way, the word that we can do for you is help. We can help you with your personal life if you ever need it. Yeah, we'll try. I can't promise much, but reach out to us and We can give you an awkward call whenever you need it. Go follow us online wherever you get your podcasts were available at Brook and Jeffrey