Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty, and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: After more than two hundred and thirty years in circulation, the US Mint in Philadelphia pressing the last ever American penny. US Treasurer Brandon Beach on hand for the historic moment as production of the one cent coins officially comes to an end, the final two pennies going up for auction.
Speaker 4: For better or worse. Trump is not in love with the status quo. He just does things that other people that well, but this will cause a problem.
Speaker 2: But what if that? But what if this? And what if the penny's dumb?
Speaker 4: Get rid of it. Jerusalem's a capital Isray. We all know it, right, lots of things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of it good, some of it not good.
Speaker 4: But you know, then around all these years was more on it, especially after inflation.
Speaker 2: He was already done before inflation. But an extra dumb then, Oh yes, we've outlined in the past. A penny is now worth something a tenth of a penny compared to what it was in nineteen forty whatever the year was. I can't remember, so can you imagine having a tenth of a cent coin. That's what we've got. We'll combine that with the fact that it cost four cents to make one. Right insane anyway, Goodbye penny. Old link is on there, which makes me feel bad, but he's still on the five dollar bill, and you know it can keep some pennies if you like. Just take them out, look at them and think about old Ay once in a while if that comforts you. Anyway. So this is not breaking news exactly, but you might not have heard it. Seattle has joined New York City in electing a Democratic Socialist mayor by an incredibly slim margin over a way left you know, guy who was in office before, as the The Daily Mail puts it to. Ms. Katie Wilson, age forty three, the first Democratic Socialist mayor of Seattle, ran a very similar campaign to old Mamdannie the Kamie. She's run a campaign characterized by promises to increase in affordability in the expensive city by doing policies that will accomplish exactly the opposite, as they do every single damn time. Another core of her platform is addressing Seattle's homelessness crisis by throwing money at it, which plays California. You can tell you, We'll just get you more bums and junkie Seattle one of the worst in the country. Critics have called Wilson privileged and out of touch, as the forty three year old candidate regularly receives checks from her professor parents to pay for childcare. Wow, which I'm sure she would say is just evidence of how capitalism has failed. It's funny how that excuse comes up over and over again. These critics also a highlight Wilson dropping out of Oxford University just six weeks before graduation for some reason, debt free thanks to her parents. The Other Person's reelection website highlighted a quote from a former Singing Seattle King County NAACP president of All People who said it's hard to trust a candidate running on their challenges with affordability when her family's wealth shields her from actual consequences and financial stress.
Speaker 4: I would like to say that her voting was similar to with mom Donnie. Where was in the working class that got the mayor of Saddle over the top. It was other highly educated elite people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So currently her husband does not have a paying job either, Neither one of them have a job. Well, if she's a mayor now, well, yeah, currently that means the couple's household income is below would be considered enough money to support themselves and their child in Seattle. So she gets checks from home at age forty three. Wow, she's not ashamed. It just speaks how expensive and unaffordable it is, right, she said, how about how about like.
Speaker 4: The other ninety nine it's pretty high of people your age who have figured out how to support themselves.
Speaker 2: What are they just dumb? Yeah? Yeah, wow, that is just unbelievable. Oh, good luck with that that.
Speaker 4: You're in your forties and you're still on your parents pay.
Speaker 2: Check unless you have special needs of course, of course, something different. Yeah, that's just that's just sad. That is just sad. Yeah, okay, well that's enough of that.
Speaker 4: And of course, of course you'd turn to that person for the answers to economic problems, somebody that has not figured out how to support themselves at all. Well, because she reinforces the excuses you're making for yourself in your own life.
Speaker 2: I get it. There's nothing more comfortable than a great excuse. So you know, speaking of political trends among the young. You know, I've been reading a lot about this, and there's too much to cram in here. But read a piece by a guy named Derek Thompson, The Monks in the Casine, and it's and he highlights a couple of people who have appeared in big time journalism profiles lately. The one guy is a He considered himself a porno sexual, which is exactly what it sounds like. It's just it's sick, beyond sick and bizarre. He's no good with talking about women. He thinks about sex between two people and he's troubled by it. He's frightened by it because of the impossibility of ever knowing what's really going on in your partner's head. I just feel like it's exhausting for both parties. Then there's this another guy with a gambling addiction, both of them living in their parents' house.
Speaker 4: What's a porno sexual? I mean you said it's is it all porn all the time? You prefer porn to the real thing.
Speaker 2: Uh, not that he's ever dabbled in the real thing. Been recently thinking about these guys, Derek Wrights, who are dating, less, socializing, less leaving their homes, less, filling their media with more porn and betting parlays. They seem to prefer the financial discomfort of losing a bet to the social anxiety being rejected on a date. They find intimacy scary and gambling exciting, et cetera, et cetera. Monks and casinos. The title of his piece, that's troubling, wait till ai hit yeah, Oh my god. And then on that topic, Jeff Blair for The National Review, he's talking about the the woke right, if you will, the Tucker, Nick Foantes Groyper's crown, And how about thirty to forty percent of the young people who are like activists climbers in Washington, d c. On the right are probably in that crowd. They think it's just under a third to forty percent who hold the views that are I will quote characterizable beyond anti Semitism as a general belief that the system as it exists is corrupt and must be leveled along with whoever is perceived as having been its beneficiaries. Blah blah blah. And he says that's.
Speaker 4: The part of the whole movement that worries me, and I think is paying attention to I don't know that. You know, we're Germany in nineteen thirty three, that anti semitism is going to become a leading But just.
Speaker 2: The boy they're close in Canada. More on that another time, but.
Speaker 4: Just the the system stacked against me, combined with scared to talk to other human beings, just that all that anger from that. You're just unhappy with life. And how would you not be unhappy? You got no friends, you're not have any sex, you have never been in a relationship, and you don't have a job. That makes for a really angry group of people that can be a pretty powerful voting block.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And then he points out the anti semitism on the young right comes despite all the various guys and poses, from a much deeper and darker impulse, the reflexive rejection of pieties or you know, the sacred thoughts of the past. For people scolded their entire lives to think that X or why was racist or sexist, that boys or girls and vice versa, and white males are the engine of civilizational evil. It is profoundly unsurprising to see a pendulum swinging backlash in an equally ignorant opposite direction. Nihilism is contagious and it spreads quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did bring that up when I was watching the Nick Puentes on Tucker Carlson. The thing that I thought, okay, I could see this as an entry way into people who agree with you, especially if you're a white male, is weird. The only crowd that are not allowed to believe more of us is good, and we're being attacked from all sides. Every single other crowd gets to say, there'd this board would be better with more this school, this whatever, this company would be better with more of me, But.
Speaker 2: Not if you're a white male, right exactly, And then he makes an excellent point. Uh blah blah blah blah bah. It's not just the young dissolution right that's looking for scapegoats to blame either. As the Groyper debate has raged during the past few weeks, the thought has lurked in the back of my mind. This explains Zorn Mumdani too. The connective thread between them isn't anti Semitism, although the overlap is obvious. I believe that anti Semitism is symptomatic of a greater disease, a shared generational ferment societies have nots raging against societies haves, with the same poison coursing through the veins of both radical wings of our modern politics. And he gets into, you know, the young people in Seattle, in New York can't pay their bills, cannot save, see all of their expected career paths being swiftly foreclosed on, little optimism about the future. And let's see where is the part that he gets into. And this is something I've read about in the past and kind of forgotten about. But the overproduction of elites. You have way more people with degrees and advanced degrees being churned out of the universities than could possibly occupy the elite seats of power. He's writing a mount in Washington, d C. But that exists in Washington, DC, for instance, there's just like five to.
Speaker 4: One, which kind of means the term elite would would need a different word, right if if you don't need very many of them. Elite I'm not sure is the right word elite kind of I don't know, elite athletes, I don't know. Seems like it would have to be a commodity to the that it's good to have a lot of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what you mean. Yeah, I was going to use a metaphor, but I'm not sure it's a good one anyway, So I found that that's super interesting. And then I'll end with this, And it's a really interesting take from the folks at the Federalists, who about half the time I think have lost their minds. But I don't know Kelsey Ballerini. I guess she's a big deal musician, singer. She was a judge on The Voice Okay, has had a bunch of big hits. Her new big hit, which is accompanied by a video, is called uh, I sit in Parks. Oh, I've heard about this, Yeah, yeah, about a couple of weeks ago. When I came across this, she's she's seen through a nostalgic, warm filter, swinging on a playground as quick clips of children playing with bubbles or children being embraced by their parents cut in and out. I sit in parks. It breaks my heart, she says in the opening line. She and then talks about, you know her, what she's achieved a little bit in the verse, but by the end of the day quote, all she can see is just how far I am from the things that I want. Dad brought the picnic, Mom brought the sunscreen. The kids are laughing and crying on red Swings. We look about the same age, but we don't have the same Saturdays. And she wonders if she missed the mark, adding it's her fault for chasing things. A body clock doesn't wait for h Yet she seems hesitant to let go of the lifestyle that put her in the position in the first place. The album's, the tours, the awards, blah blah blah, or what I wanted, what I got, she says. In the course to cope, she'll keep well, I'll just read the chorus. So I sit in Parks, sunglasses dark, and I hit the vape hallucinated nursery with Noah's ark. They lay on a blanket and g di it. He loves her. I wonder if she wants my freedom like I want to be a mother, like Rolling Stone says, I'm on the right road. So I refill my lexa pro thinking what's the main takeaway from this screed? Somebody's actually admitted that I've been chasing things the world told me to chase, and all I really want to do is have a family. I've heard that a lot from people. Yeah, me too. Why would you let corporate America tell you what life to live?
Speaker 4: Yeh, all your friends are doing it.
Speaker 2: It's the beauty of being an I kund of classed.
Speaker 4: Well, when we go to war with Venezuela, we won't have time to think about this sort of stuff. Are we going to war with Venezuela? We got the latest on that we've got a quarter of the US Navy there now more on that coming up. Stay here, guys.
Speaker 2: The big news in Washington today the House officially voted to end the government shutdown. Right now, people who were hoping us keept.
Speaker 1: Flying home for Thanksgiving, We're like, well, I guess I'm back to drawing and extra line in my COVID tests.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Never liked those jokes about how the holiday season is trying to stay away from your family because you hate them so much? Was that actually your life? I know it's not for Jimmy Fallon, because I know something about his life.
Speaker 2: Why would it be common enough that he thinks that's a good joke, I guess, or end or maybe those of us with happy families who were happy to see think Yeah, that's too bad. But yeah, that's cynical, unfunny.
Speaker 4: I don't know have I ever talked about Universe twenty five before. I feel like we probably have, But we've been doing this radio show for thirty years, so it could have been a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Project twenty twenty five right from Heritage.
Speaker 4: Universe twenty five. It's a famous mouse experiment from back.
Speaker 2: In the day. Oh right, yeah, go aheads.
Speaker 4: Between nineteen sixty eight and nineteen seventy two, he studied these mice. He created a mouse utopia experiment to see what would happen. I think you'll see parallels to today with these mice. The basic setup is the utopia. Utopia included an enclosure with unlimited food, water, nesting materials, and no predators for these mice. He started with four breeding pairs and then let the population develop naturally again food, weather, food, water protection, all your basic needs met and no predators. The population initially got WiFi fast streaming exactly cool Amazon Prime. Yes, the population initially grew exponentially, but at around day five sixty the growth began to slow dramatically.
Speaker 2: They stopped having little mice babies at a certain point.
Speaker 4: Despite having physical space and resources, the mice developed behavioral pathologies. Dominant males became extremely aggressive. Subordinate males withdrew completely. Some mice, mostly males, completely disengaged from social life, only eating, drinking, and grooming themselves obsessively. Female mice abandoned their young and infant mortality skyrocketed. Wow, young mice never learned social and mating behaviors from their parents, if you will, and by six day six hundred, no new mice were being born in the population eventually went extinct. Now, as it says here in the summary, people are not mice and mice are not people.
Speaker 2: There point, come on, now, Yeah, I have known a handful of people who were completely taken care of trust fund kids, that sort of person, and the vast majority of those stories do not have joyful endings or descriptions.
Speaker 4: No, but this is what I've been saying about. We stopped having babies. This is what I've been thinking of first world countries. We don't have any threats, We were not going to be invaded by another country, and we have our basic need needs met. Even if you got people marching in the street because their house is not as big as their neighbor's house or whatever it is, our basic needs of being met, and we're stopping getting together.
Speaker 2: We're starting to act weird. True. Yeah, well, and it's absolutely known scientifically that struggle raises your testosterone and victory raises it even more. We're meant to strive and fight, whether the literal battles or metaphorical battles. We're not meant to lay around to be comfortable as beings. Interesting. Okay, I've got a jiv yet informative new feature coming up. You won't want to miss it. Wel Armstrong and Getty in the.
Speaker 4: Bathroom here on the floor we were occupying here at the radio station, the stall where people do their you know, your main business. There's been no soap in there for like a month. Oh it's longer than that to wash your hands, and that ain't cool. So Hanson and I were just discussing it. Maybe we should bring bars of soap and set him on the counter. It kind of a hint, like we've started to bring our own bar from home for some reason. He suggested lava. Do you remember lava soap?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: It was gray and it had the grit in it to like, oh yeah, do they still make that. I think bars a lava soap.
Speaker 2: Would be perfect. One of my friend's dad was an actual auto mechanic and he did a lot of work in his own garage. I think that's where I ran in a lava soap.
Speaker 4: It was good for that sort of thing. I don't know if it was so good for like a ten year old to scrub their body in the shower.
Speaker 2: Well, we're a lot of bleeding from the hands, yeah, bulliating, exfoliating exactly. So a lot of great stuff to squeeze in this hour. But first, from the intormation mind of Joe Getty, that brought you. I do occasionally refer to myself in the third person, that brought you a look in the China cabinet. And what was one of the other ones, Michael, I can't remember if there was another one. There have been other ones. Well, it's time for the euro Bureau.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're still working on the introduction for the euro Bureau. And that was low rent. How are you kidding? That was free sign on the side of the road. I was limited on supplies. Yeah, send time. So a couple of really interesting stories from Europe, and I tell you what and a lot of you agree with this. I feel like watching my beloved Republic in our various challenges and increasing socialism and debt and the rest of it. It's a slow motion car crash. I mean, the end of this is so incredibly predictable. We become France. It's the Francification of the United States. Oh oh damn it that reminds me. I'm so pleased with this, I can't stand it. The new T shirt at the Armstrong and Getty superstore is simply on a lovely dark blue background, although you could probably get it in all sorts of colors. Ruin the entire Country, Newsome, twenty twenty eight. I like it looks great cal Unicornians and those who sympathize with cal Unicoreans carolccordians. Ruin the entire Country, Newsome twenty twenty eight. Anyway, So we all heard about the breaking at the Louver, right We're going to start in France and the euro Bureau. We all heard about that right in the Crown Jewels and all sorts of stuff. Much less reported here on the other side of the Atlantic is the fact that that was one of nine major robberies of museums over the past year in France. Didn't know that nine six French museums have been hit since the beginning of September alone, one of them twice. And they name a bunch of museums I've never heard of, but are important, I guess, including the stately Museum of Natural History. Few of the stolen works, including precious porcelain and gold crosses and statues, have been recovered. As the robberies pile up, French officials are waking up to an unsettling reality. France is a wash in cultural treasures, but has minimal resources to protect them from thieves.
Speaker 4: Well, I was going to say, after the fourth or fifth museums hit, I would have thought somebody said, hey, is the Loop protected?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's like our most famous museum. Successive governments have collapsed over efforts to rein in the country's budget deficit, leaving the state to cash strap to invest in meaningful security upgrades for the more than twelve hundred sites classified by the government as museums, and Macrohn's administration is scrambling to take a census of the country's most valuable artwork to nowhere to put their few pennies. But you've got a rising criminal class and absolutely no budget, no will to protect the country. It's just sad. Then you have this from the Wall Street Journal. Britain is preparing tens of billions of dollars twelve pounds but in new taxes. Again. The Labor government is ready to a is readying its second major tax increase in two years, as it tries to avoid spooking markets, specifically bond markets, because it's taking on so much debt and it's killing the economy. And this is a good description. The UK has long been torn between two mutually exclusive desires. Voters want European levels of welfare with American levels of taxation. Of course, we're over spending our taxation too, but by accident design, the debate is slowly being resolved in the direction of higher taxes as Britain's labor government, which can't leave office soon enough, prepares its second major tax increase in as many years. The UK is confronting an issue, facing growing numbers of rich nations, how to pay for rising government spending without taking on evermore debt and spooking financial markets. So they've got this giant tax increase coming to narrow the budget deficit, which is at about six percent of their GDP. The biggest surrounds a tax increases since the mid seventies. The increases will likely further constrain Britain's anemic economic growth.
Speaker 4: A lot of that had to do with their net zero policies around climate change, which were crazy, absolutely true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those two things are just crushing the economy. So the latest increase will raise the UK's tax rate to about thirty eight percent of annual economic output, highest level ever, compares with about thirty percent in the nineties and the low thirties and twenty tens. That puts the UK comfortably ahead of the US, which is in the mid twenties, although spending ourselves into oblivion, but still short of Germany and France. The pitfalls of such an approach are evident in Germany, which taxes wages more than any other rich country except Belgium, taking almost fifty percent of employees gross wages on average. While that approach has helped Germany balance budgets in the past, is it is eaten into Germans purchasing power, depressing consumption, and Germany that at the end of the Cold War slashed spending on defense and poured the difference into the welfare. State now needs desperately to spend more on the military and shore up crumbling infrastructure, from potholed roads to a decrepit rail system, but taxes are already very high and the growth is too weak to fund new taxes. Slow motion car wreck. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I took in a podcast about Britain's financial situation several weeks ago, and it was striking the whole time is listening to it.
Speaker 2: I kept thinking, why isn't this a bigger story?
Speaker 4: Why don't more people know this in the United States, that Britain has just ruined their economy and then there's no easy way out, and they are like our future. We can look at them and we're gonna be able to see what it's going to be like for us. I know, the world's most predictable disaster. It's so frustrating, and you didn't tune in to be frustrated, but I mean, it's just somebody comes up here on the street and says, I really like fentanyl. I'm taking more fentanyl every day, and you're thinking, well, you're going to o D and die. In fact, one hundred percent of people who you said that to. It's like you're going to O, D and die, but they just keep doing it. I feel like that's the situation we're in now because the average voter has no grasp And this is true in France, it's true in Britain, it's true in the US has no grasp of the concept of fiscal restraint. They you know, it's too easy to sell them on. You deserve handouts. I just you know, I don't know how legitimate this quote is. I've seen it a million times old. The Scottish guy that when a people realizes it can vote itself money themselves, money from the treasury, a republic is doomed. I'm not sure there's any turning it around short of a cataclysm. But you don't bounce back from every cataclysm. It was like, you're only half serious. God send me a warning, so I get really serious about getting healthy, like a minor heart attack, right, I ask God to give me a minor heart attack so I would start eating better.
Speaker 2: Well, your genius, Jack, your unappreciated genius is that's a perfect metaphor for the United States. The only thing that will stop us wolfing down bacon drinking a quarter of urban a night and smoking four packs a day is a fiscal heart attack, the problem being you don't always survive them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the pandemic was quite the cataclysm, and it didn't make things better anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, you know, that's funny. And when we were talking a couple segments ago, whenever it was about young people and young men and their anger and anti Semitism and that whole stew the writer that I was quoting mentioned how bitterly painful the COVID shutdowns were for young men in so many ways, and it drove them away from girlfriends and real friends and jobs and striving and pride in being a man. Blah blah blah. The COVID shutdowns, which were specifically opposite of what all the health organizations around the world had said they would do when there was a pandemic. They abandon all their plans and panicked and shut them down and kept the kids out of schools the rest of it. I don't think we've reckoned with a third of the damage that did. No definitely incredible evil that perpetrated. I'll be saying that until I'm lowered into my grave.
Speaker 4: Maybe the cataclysm that gets our attention is war with Venezuela. We've got a quarter of the Navy there now we're ready to take on the Venezuelans.
Speaker 2: They've called her what.
Speaker 4: Purpose now they've called it. I haven't gotten around with that. Probably just stopped the drug flow allegedly, right.
Speaker 2: Uh, Columbia's like cool, we'll take the business some of the details on that, among other things on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 5: The Ghiro bureau straight from our European yous desk Okay, that was Joe Getty's euro bureau.
Speaker 2: That was so horrible it was great. Oh Man Armstrong.
Speaker 6: Heetti America has blown up nineteen small boats off Venezuela's coast, and now the Navy's largest aircraft carrier is arriving. These Venezuelan military exercises broadcast on State TV suggests the threat felt by its leader Nicholas Maduro.
Speaker 4: So that's the CBS News version of what's going on with Venezuela. As you all know, well, as you voted for it was a year and three days ago. You went to the polls and voted for Donald Trump because you wanted to go to war with Venezuela. And you couldn't wait another minute. I don't recall that specifically, but go on anyway anyway, ohing too, Yeah, exactly, Thanks Ben. Kind of seems like maybe we're headed that way. Here's Jennifer Griffin and her report on this from Fox.
Speaker 1: As the US military build up in the Caribbean continues, Venezuela's defense minister ordered the countries two hundred thousand soldiers to prepare for war.
Speaker 2: If they come to touch Venezuela.
Speaker 7: There you will see a people determined to defend this homeland to the death.
Speaker 1: Colombia has halted the intelligence it will share with the US. This comes a day after Fox News confirmed reports that the UK began limiting some of the intelligence it shares with the US in the Caribbean. Both countries have concerns US military strikes against nineteen boats, killing seventy five people contravene international law and amount to extra judicial killings of civilians.
Speaker 7: We have very strong partnerships with the UK and other countries. Again, nothing has changed or happened that is impeded in any way our ability to do what we're doing, nor are we asking anyone to help us with what we're doing in any realm and that includes military.
Speaker 4: Okay, I didn't quite understand that, But then it's about blasting those people in the boats. The UK and Colombia don't want to be any part of that. By the way, a court ruled, whatever court ruled yesterday, that none of these military personnel would be on the hook for the strikes on the people in the boats. If it's decided that we shouldn't be doing this, they're not legally on the hook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm glad. I understand the concept of you're not obligated to execute an illegal order, But I mean if it's such a gray area that like the entire country is arguing about how justified it is, Yeah, you can't no, no, no, the military can't hold people responsible for following off.
Speaker 4: Well, the military would completely break down if you were on the hook for you couldn't do anything before you ran it by a lawyer.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, if there were, for instance, controversial rules of engagement, Hello Afghanistan, guys would be thinking, I don't want to get sued, So just how much firepower do we have in the region.
Speaker 1: The USS Gerald R. Ford, the world's largest warship, is now in Latin American waters after being ordered by the Pentagon to leave its deployment to the Middle East ahead of schedule. The aircraft carrier Strike Group, with nearly four thousand sailors on board and dozens of warplanes, is being escort by three guided missile destroyers. Twenty four percent of all US Navy vessels are now deployed to US Southern Command.
Speaker 2: That's quite the armada. Well, we've got to respond to the threats of Jamaica to the Bahamas with their foreign ways.
Speaker 4: I don't have a strong opinion on this story. I'm sure we'd hate to see any Marines die landing on the beach in Venezuela.
Speaker 2: I hope that's not what's going to happen. Yeah, I've got to admit I usually have a pretty good guess as to the end game of this sort of thing. I don't in this case. I get, well, we're pressuring Majuro and putting, you know, the squeeze on his regime because we want him out. It's time for regime change. But we're not going to invade or decapitate.
Speaker 4: The only thing that makes sense is what you said the other day. If we're putting so much firepower in the region that if there is an opposition group that's ever thought of, you know, pulling a revolution or a coup of some sort, they would feel like the United States is there to back us up immediately if we do this, right, give. The problem with regime change in Venezuela is that the military seems very.
Speaker 2: Cohesive and very loyal to Maduro. There have not been signs of the sort of cracks that you'd hope for. And yeah, I guess I'd forgotten i'd said that, But it was a good point, Joe, that if any of the generals are thinking, now's our chance to get rid of this fat bum, the US is saying we'll have your back.
Speaker 4: So different topic, but maybe this is tied in a little bit. Maybe you've heard some of the polling on Donald Trump, where it's not really that good right now shows it only thirty three percent of US adults approve of the job he is doing. That's from the latest Associated Press Nork poll. Now, every president goes through rough spots. I remember when Barack Obama is in the low thirties shortly after Obamacare.
Speaker 2: And he bounced back. So yeah, they go.
Speaker 4: Up, they go down, but thirty three percent approval for Donald Trump right now. He was riding pretty high there the first several months. He's only been president for what nine months? Wow, I can't take for nine months of a whole time strong enough. The numbers going down, driven in large part by a decline and approval among Republicans and independents. He had been rock solid among Republicans all through his first term and through the first couple of months of this term. According to the survey, only about two thirds of Republicans now approve of Trump's government management, down from eighty one percent in March and like ninety percent at the beginning, down to two thirds of Republican support and independence have gone from thirty eight to twenty five twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oof. Ah, that's low. U. How many bonus points does Trump get among Republicans? Because the left is so wacky and the and the attacks are so constant. Even if I don't like what Trump's doing, I'm gonna say I do despite the left in the media.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if that has you would do with approval ratings. As we've seen, he's gotten elected president twice at almost three times with very low ratings. Because when it comes down to the binary choice alternative. You think and still prefer this over that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I guess the bottom line of what I'm wondering is what's the actual approval rating among Republicans. You think it's well, they're not talking to some polster. Yeah, I can almost guarantee it's lower. I just don't know how much lower it is.
Speaker 4: I know it's the word of the week, but I think this affordability thing is a huge problem, and I don't know how you're going to make people feel like things are more affordable.
Speaker 2: The great Man of the common touch, billionaire Donald Trump, practically miraculous how he connects with middle class working people, has been saying, no, you shouldn't be worried every time you go grocery shopping. The economy's great. I'm not getting enough credit. Oh man. He's got to stop saying that stuff like yesterday. Yeah, no kidding. So we do lots of hours of this. Here your radio rodeo twenty hours a week.
Speaker 4: If you miss a segment or an hour, you get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. If you subscribe, it will just get fed to you automatically. Give us a nice review too, would you a review real five star reviews.
Speaker 2: Please Armstrong and Getty