Speaker 1: This is an iHeart podcast, Guaranteed Human.
Speaker 2: This message is brought to you by Ralphs.
Speaker 3: If you're listening for a laugh or a fresh take on everyday life, you know it's often the little things that make everything more enjoyable and easier. And with Kroger, you can plan ahead by stocking your kitchen with fresh groceries and everyday essentials, so the little things in your day feel easier right from the start. Order online and pick up groceries at your local Ralphs. Ralphs serving SoCal for over one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 4: I turned off news altogether.
Speaker 5: I hate to say it, but I don't trust much of anything.
Speaker 4: It's the red feet.
Speaker 6: It feels like it's trying to divide people.
Speaker 7: We got clear facts. Maybe we could calm down a little.
Speaker 8: NBC News brings you clear reporting. Let's meet at the facts. Let's move forward from there. NBC News Reporting for America.
Speaker 9: Running a business shouldn't feel like surviving a software group project. One app for accounting, another for inventory, another for sales, and somehow none of them.
Speaker 10: Talk to each other.
Speaker 9: That's where Odo comes in, an all in one business management software that brings every part of your business together, from sales and accounting to inventory and marketing, all in one powerful platform. No messy integrations, no bouncing between tabs, and best of all, no spreadsheets. Stop managing software and start managing your business with one unified system. Try for free today at odo dot com slash iHeartRadio. That's Odo dot com slash iHeartRadio.
Speaker 11: Jardians has a big story to tell. Discover Jardiance empical flows in ten or twenty five milligram tablets. Visit jardians dot com call one eight eight eight nine six eight sixty six four eight, or talk to your doctor to see if Jardiance is right for you.
Speaker 4: Middle Care went the big story out of town.
Speaker 12: Hey everyone, it's Calpan.
Speaker 13: I'm inviting you to join the best sounding book club you've ever heard with my podcast Hearsay the Audible and iHeart Audio book Club. Every episode I nerd out with amazing guests and dive into the best new audiobooks available on Audible.
Speaker 12: It's the book club for your years.
Speaker 13: Listen to your Say the Audible and iHeart Audio book Club on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: App or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 10: Nicholas Cage has been every version of a person in Hollywood. He's been a joke, he's been a fraud, he's been somebody we we treated like an idiot.
Speaker 1: But he's always been white. We haven't been switch, we haven't.
Speaker 10: Sound like So I would like that. I would like that quite a bit.
Speaker 14: Cayla Verry can make that happen. Nicholas Cage, Tyler Berry.
Speaker 15: I think collaboration made inside of that, and I think link together for evil.
Speaker 14: I think I think two we can make it happen anyway.
Speaker 4: Racist money.
Speaker 16: Stuff.
Speaker 2: I can't tell me, so I creep.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just keep it on the download because no one else is supposed to know. Welcome to Mama's and gentiles alike to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 10: The podcast where we died deep, deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories and.
Speaker 15: We finally worked to prove that Andre three thousand has lost a couple of those numbers. It is Andre twenty six forty two. After that flute ship. My name is David Man.
Speaker 10: I don't like hearing it, but I'm like Stierman.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think that I exaggerated the number of the amount of numbers he lost.
Speaker 10: Because yeah, it's like it's like it's in like the twenty.
Speaker 15: Three eighty nine. He's good, he's yeah, and I just don't like flutes.
Speaker 10: That's not I think he's I think he's still only lost a few points. But but it you you just want that rap album.
Speaker 15: Baby Yeah, Someday, someday, I feel like a Trump presidency if it pushes us to a new three thousand album. Finish good, it's all I'm saying.
Speaker 10: Finish your sentence now, four days, four days.
Speaker 2: Then you're like, this ain't so bad.
Speaker 15: Oh man, I've already resigned to it.
Speaker 10: Man, this man's not even in the Oval office again.
Speaker 15: Yet You're like, I will be all right. We can't.
Speaker 10: We can't Dealey or Dally anymore than we already have. Our guest today is in studio with us. She's phenomenal, a dear friend, an artist, a comedian, a.
Speaker 1: Unit comes to do it, but so much more.
Speaker 10: She she's a she's a dear friend.
Speaker 15: We so happy she's here.
Speaker 10: Give it up for Sydney Washington. Everybody you know black Man.
Speaker 1: Won an intro.
Speaker 14: I mean, no credits, just she's a person. I love you, it's funny, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 10: We love our vibes over here, so I have.
Speaker 1: So you don't like the flute, I'm not. Uh, you're not here for the flute.
Speaker 15: I don't have discerning a taste enough to understand how good it is. I think.
Speaker 1: Really, So that's a that's a that's a you thing.
Speaker 15: That's what I said. Yeah, like it's you know, I'm not a flute guy. It doesn't mean he's not expanding.
Speaker 1: No, he's already expanded. Baby, he did it.
Speaker 15: So he left us my heart, you know, and I'm hurt. I'm just a bitter ax.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it is a bitter ax. He's doing better than you, babe. He's working hard.
Speaker 10: The way you're going hard for this suggests to me that you did like the flute album that you as not.
Speaker 14: But it's all about elevation. You have to elevate. You have to be a taste maker. You can't be doing what everybody else is doing because they're doing it.
Speaker 1: You understand.
Speaker 14: If if everybody is on the train rapping for dollar bills, Andre is like, no, no, no, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Be associated without flutes. I don't see flutes everywhere.
Speaker 15: That's what it implies that he's not competitive like everybody's on the rapping. He's still rapping better than all the people for dollars.
Speaker 1: We've moved on. We've done you moved on.
Speaker 15: Yes, we just said you didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like it because I don't want your ear for it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: You know what, I just Christopher Columbus, your whole ship. How does it feel? How does it feel a white man?
Speaker 15: Yeah, my shirt doesn't mean there's one in my world?
Speaker 10: Why did you direct that at me?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 14: I got here to dismantle this brotherhood and it's working.
Speaker 15: In and of itself. What were you united? We got pictures on our shirt. See stronger than we've ever been.
Speaker 14: It hurts to see this like you. Obviously, y'all are really good at whatever you're doing, and.
Speaker 1: I have to support it.
Speaker 10: So I think. I think by whatever you're doing you mean talk and the niggas at the mall.
Speaker 17: Excuse me, man, you think you could pull this off and he could shut out?
Speaker 1: Its good yall.
Speaker 15: Jane Romero, and I'm all, I don't know the name of.
Speaker 1: How much it cost enough.
Speaker 10: No, this don't come cheap, sweetheart. You're gonna want that podcast to get at least a few more episodes than if I want to start buying shirt.
Speaker 15: And I'm a Bill Will Ferrell for this is.
Speaker 1: Absolutely invoice andre as well.
Speaker 15: It feels like you were on my side and then I lost it for a little bit.
Speaker 10: Okay, we enough a goddamn enough. We have a conspiracy that you brought. You brought to us. Uh no more than than two hours ago. You said, I have a conspiracy. This is something I believe passionately, and and we broadened that conspiracy a little just to be able to open this conversation up. But you said, my mama told me Tyler Perry is the devil.
Speaker 14: Absolutely and specifically Cicily Tyson died to get out of her contract with him. Wow, the new death row.
Speaker 15: Okay, if you don't want me all in the address.
Speaker 2: Hidding people with your purse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that has a gun in it.
Speaker 10: Right in your diary, gluitten niggas down the stairs in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: Got Janet Jackson in a curly, wet and wavy crying.
Speaker 10: That good cry though, crying about her husband on the download.
Speaker 1: So you're doing then, But that is another movie, that's all.
Speaker 10: That's not Jennet did multiple.
Speaker 14: That's for that was for Colored Girls that I considered suicide.
Speaker 10: But she did multiple. Yeah, I.
Speaker 15: Know, why did I get married?
Speaker 10: Well, I knew she did multiple? Why did I get married? I didn't know that. She then also extended into like the multi verse of Tyler Perry.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's you know what I mean.
Speaker 15: I think that's how you do it.
Speaker 1: That's how you do it.
Speaker 14: You don't just do If you do one thing, you're bad. That means you're not useful.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 10: But some people sober up to it to some extent, like Taraji did one. She's not going back to talk did.
Speaker 15: More than one? Was it just I can do bad?
Speaker 10: I think she only did that. I can do bad, but all by myself. I could be wrong. But even if she did Idris it's another example. Yeah, I fucked around over here for a second, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Not do Daddy's Little Girl. Yeah, that wasn't That wasn't terrible that.
Speaker 15: The issue is not the quality of the movie. Some of them I really like.
Speaker 1: That's it's not the quality. Yeah, I already I'm gonna already say.
Speaker 15: I consume some of those movies like junk Food. It's just like, so it's not there's no yeah, yeah, yeah. In small doses though, it feels good, you know what I mean. Like it's just like there's no major problems. It's just rich black people running around. Oh that's interesting. That's like I like that.
Speaker 18: You.
Speaker 15: I'm cool with. You don't see them in the comedies, not in the ones where it's like but you.
Speaker 10: You don't see them in any way like morally corrupt or sort of like harmful.
Speaker 15: The characters within the movie. Yeah, not more so than like I see anybody in any other movie, Like I don't know you are you?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you all the way awake when you're watching.
Speaker 15: This, Yeah, it's like it's like, yeah, it's like, if you're feeling down, you just watch like a funny, happy movie.
Speaker 1: If you're feeling down, you put on Tyler Perry.
Speaker 15: There's a couple of movies. Yeah, there's a couple of movies.
Speaker 1: Do you have a therapist.
Speaker 2: In between?
Speaker 15: It's a movie.
Speaker 1: Silo Perry.
Speaker 15: He says, Hello, I'm just saying it's a big there's a big market for it. The reason I think He's the Devil is not the actual movie. WHOA, Okay, I think it's the Uh, the labor practices to really kind of get to me, Okay, like not being union and stuff like that in an industry where like the standard is to work unions. So it's like you're already putting the people who work with you like a little bit of a disadvantage, right, And then it's like, so it's like you build this thing that is massive and does give a lot of jobs, and that's very important, but you make it so that these people are tied to you in a way.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's what it's like.
Speaker 15: If you were getting if you were allowing people to bounce over here and here and here and get money and that was cool, then it makes sense. But now it feels like if you're keeping a stable it feels like you're not allowing people to grow.
Speaker 10: I I know a few barbers who have like dipped in and out of like the Tyler Perry space, and all of them sort of like in a weird way, it gets sort of like like, ah, no, I'm not going back over there or I over there. I gotta really be down to be over there, because that's you. You're working crazy hours, you're sort of being manipulated in this space. And then I think they're they're expecting a commitment that you can't like back out of easy.
Speaker 14: You know, because it's like again, it's that thing about like exposure. You're like, well, I'm in this, so this is actually gonna help me, and then after a couple of rounds of it, you're like, wait, I'm still a bartender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm a well known bar.
Speaker 14: People know me, but I still have to bartend on the side because I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't make everything ends me.
Speaker 10: I also think where it gets complicated is to your point, the stink that it puts on you once you do become a little bit of a Tyler Perry person, you know what I mean? Like, did we see maximum Allan Payne potential?
Speaker 1: This is you you It is.
Speaker 15: The third time, second time we're talking about a week.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 14: You mean you mean Jason's lyric, the Alan pay He was a great He was in everything.
Speaker 7: Everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was in every six. He was making a lot for that curl pattern.
Speaker 14: We don't see that kind of curl he was.
Speaker 10: He was a clearly black man, yes, with a natural curl.
Speaker 2: This nigga had it all.
Speaker 15: You would have I would have bet the house. I would have bet the house.
Speaker 10: And he and he sunk his fucking ship over there. What happened?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 10: Give us back Alan Payne, Tyler Perry or.
Speaker 14: What oh wait was it?
Speaker 1: Was it Tyler Perry? Or that it was just like Alan Payne.
Speaker 14: Hey, y'all type cast so many times that were like, we didn't seen this song and dance.
Speaker 15: But that is a difficult thing, right if you get typecast that much. Yeah, but you don't grow to a level where it's unanimous that people know you're that you kind of can't work in that forever.
Speaker 10: But I'll challenge you all. I will challenge you on this because because on the flip look at bokeem Woodbind who came who went through it had like this high in the moment where he was sort of typecast as this like crazy eyed villain and ship, but then took a break and came back and came back chubby and now has had a whole new career, do you know what I mean? As older he was, he did Fargo, which was amazing.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they said, and they said that was the best part of the movie.
Speaker 10: Listen, boking Woodbind is the best. But he never went over there, and that's what I'm saying is that maybe there's a world where Alan Payne finds his true detective moment.
Speaker 14: We got to put him in the A twenty four we got I think some people, or once you get in mainstream, you have that opportunity to do all things like bad good things that you're like, why are you even a part of this? But certain specifically black people, once you get into that little corner, that's it.
Speaker 15: That's all you have.
Speaker 14: Like Glenn Close, she was in Deliverance. I'm coughing because I can't even catch I can't even breathe. The work that she did in that movie one I was like, Oh, She's like, I've done everything that I need to do. I've I have ascended to the point of let's play, let's have fun.
Speaker 10: She's like, I'll learn some Patua.
Speaker 14: Yeah, now, now the wigs. The wigs were not by Tyler Perry in that movie. Glenn Closed almost was like, is she by Rachel? She was giving Rachel jose Al a run for her funness. I'm gonna say that on air.
Speaker 10: As somebody who has not seen the movie, I assure you she is not.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 10: I looked at all them clips were posting, and I was sober when I you know what I mean, Like y'all were y'all were enthralled, so you were bought into the whole experience as somebody who did not experience it. I was like, this looks insane.
Speaker 14: No, she said pussy on in the movie, and I said, We're gone. She's gone, She's like, But they were. Every everybody black was like, she's got to win a Golden Globe for this.
Speaker 10: And everybody white was like, what are you talking?
Speaker 1: Is she unwell?
Speaker 5: Is her?
Speaker 1: Where is he? Is it the raids?
Speaker 2: Is it the braids?
Speaker 1: That's what the white.
Speaker 14: People were saying with Glenn. But Glenn has done it all. She has proven herself, so she can do that. But once you get into the I feel like the Tyler Perry rome, it's kind of wrapped up.
Speaker 10: And I think that's the scary part, right is that? Is that even that movie? I don't it's not a Tyler Perry production.
Speaker 1: It's Lee Daniels, which is the cousin the cousin of Tyler Perry.
Speaker 10: I think there, I think, and I don't disagree with you. I think Lee Daniels is certainly Tyler Perry junior. He would love to be Tyler Perry in some former fashion that said, I think Lee Daniels still they let Lee Daniels do too much, you know what I mean in the legitimate spaces where they gave him oscars and nominations and he.
Speaker 14: Is first of all. We have to no, let's not be anti black. These brothers have done.
Speaker 1: Some good work.
Speaker 14: There have been some things I know, Dave, I'm sorry they have done. Really, they've been some pieces where you're like, you know what this is?
Speaker 10: What are give me?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 10: And maybe we should take the break. This is a good way for us to go on break. I think this will be fun. When we come back. We're gonna unpack some projects that we think are defendable for Tyler Perry and or Lee Daniels. We'll talk through the ones that we think are truly defendable and we'll talk about why. But we'll come back and we'll be back with more Sydney Washington and more.
Speaker 15: Ma Mama told me, if you.
Speaker 19: Listen to a comedy podcast that has powerful punchlines and expect the same power from your.
Speaker 10: Inja, that show has the fuel for you.
Speaker 19: Shelvy power nitroplus fuels every drive from the Pacific Coast Highway to the Sierra Peaks.
Speaker 10: With a fuel like no other.
Speaker 19: It provides engine performance that lasts to give you more time on the road because this kind of power is no joke. That means more protection with active ingredients for longer lasting engines. Shelvy Power Nitroplus premium gasoline engine performance that lasts. Chances are you're not far from a shell station. Find it using the shell formulation unique to shell compared to minimum detergent gasoline. With continuous use of Shelvy Power, Nitroplus and gasoline direct injection engines, actual effects and benefits may vary. Se shell dot us slash more dash protection for more information.
Speaker 12: Hi everyone, It's Kalpen.
Speaker 13: I'm the host of Earsay, the Audible and iHeart Audio Book Club. This week on the podcast, I am sitting down with Ray Porter, the narrator of Andy Weir's audiobook project, Hail Mary, massive sci fi adventure about survival and science and what happens when you wake up alone, very.
Speaker 12: Far from Earth.
Speaker 20: I really had to make a decision because I caught myself getting that frog in my throat and starting to get teary as I'm narrating some of these sections and it's like, okay, yo, yeah, yo, is this indulgent?
Speaker 15: And I really thought of it.
Speaker 20: I was like no, at this point, it would kind of be betraying the trust the author and the listener have in telling this story if I don't go through it. But there's places in this book that deeply emotionally affected me, and I left it on the mic. That's great because it served the story. People will say like, oh my god, I cried at the end. It's like, yeah, dude, me too.
Speaker 13: Listen to your say the Audible and iHeart Audiobook Club on the Art Radio app or wherever you get in your podcasts.
Speaker 21: This is Ashley and Eddie from the Ben and Ashley. I almost Sam as you know, what's becoming a literal nightmare lately international travel. Why sit on a plane for fourteen hours to get to La Como when you could be having the time of your life at Caesar's Republic and beautiful Lake Tahoe. Caesar's Republic Lake Tahoe has it all the splendor of Like Como, without all the unmagical moments that come with international travel. It's all there amazing dining options with restaurants like Wolf by Vander Pomp and Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen. Incredible entertainment some of the biggest names in music already lined up for this year's Lake Tahoe Summer concerts. Plus relaxing spa experiences, breathtaking views, and NonStop excitement throughout your entire stay. Spend your days enjoying the pristine lake and natural surroundings, and the nights enjoying the incredible restaurants and world class casino. And don't forget all of this right in your backyard. Caesar's Republic Lake Tahoe book Today.
Speaker 22: Really me, She's coming over in an hour and this tastes like nothing.
Speaker 18: Plaint chicken bro meet the Lee come Key Saracha family, Chilli male, honey, celatraal lime, smoky barbecue.
Speaker 5: Use it?
Speaker 22: Do you have all six weird flex?
Speaker 23: Best flex? If she likes celatra lime, hit her with the honey Saracha.
Speaker 22: That's actually smart.
Speaker 18: I know, thanks.
Speaker 3: Try the Lee come Keyser Rocher family, grab the oneliner in stores.
Speaker 18: How do you flex your flavor? Bruh?
Speaker 4: I turned off news altogether.
Speaker 5: I hate to say it, but I don't trust much of anything.
Speaker 4: It's the rage bait.
Speaker 6: It feels like it's trying to divide people.
Speaker 7: We got clear facts. Maybe we could calm down a little.
Speaker 8: NBC News brings you clear reporting. Let's meet at the facts. Let's move forward from there. NBC News Reporting for America.
Speaker 10: My mama told me present the Start to Steal tour. We're very excited about it. Yeah, I'm not about to bite my tongue. We want to sell it out and the dates are coming up fast, and so if you live in one of these areas, we want you to buy your tickets now. It's all available on our instagrams, on our websites, on our link tree. December twelfth, we're in Seattle, and December fifteenth, you're closing it out in Portland, Oregon. We want y'all to come out. We want y'all to kick it. We will be doing our coveted live show with special guests with just me and David. Depending on the city, it'll be a great time. All that meet and greets you've been Chris Brown has a good meet and greet. Bro Let's be clear, I'll take a weird picture with you for free.
Speaker 15: We are back discussing our favorite Tyler Perry movies. Oh god, I don't know that that was the assignment at all. I had to tweak it because your parameters weren't working. Okay.
Speaker 10: I I think what it should be is more this question if we're talking about these figures that's evil rights as sort of spawn of satan as as is sort of implied here. I think we should be careful to remind ourselves which pieces at least hold some value for the greater good of society, that it's less about whether or not that we like them, and more do they actually benefit the larger world around us?
Speaker 14: And I'm gonna go first, Yeah, so precious that Okay, Daniels.
Speaker 1: That was probably the most controversial.
Speaker 10: And a Tyler Perry production.
Speaker 14: Everybody was involved, they had everybody, they had, Oprah Carries showed up.
Speaker 1: Movie.
Speaker 14: I watch it and I say, yes, this definitely gives sun Dance this gift.
Speaker 1: It's indie.
Speaker 14: Yes, this is like it's it feels like low budget but in such an artistic way that I'm like, I can appreciate this now.
Speaker 1: The masses, the.
Speaker 14: Masses watching this, this this story from the book Push. It was it was hard, it was so hard and that and Monique playing that mother so well to the point where like, do we like Monique?
Speaker 2: Do we like her?
Speaker 14: I almost think that people weren't on her side because they almost thought you are that mother that was in question.
Speaker 1: You were touching your daughter.
Speaker 2: Like that's how That's.
Speaker 14: How controversial the movie was, that everybody was playing the role so well that you're like, this might be their real lives. Mariah carry Riah carry rough Draft, Mariah Carey.
Speaker 1: That was alarming.
Speaker 14: It was a arming, And they threw on the beauty Supply wig and they said, go, yeah, a little bit of concealer.
Speaker 10: But she was great, Okay, incredible. I love this as an answer because I similarly felt all of those things in seeing the film in theaters. Went in and I had my little sisters with me. I swear to God, because I was like, this is gonna be like a beautiful film of empowerment for for them to see, like this big girl who overcomes and like figures out a way to move forward.
Speaker 1: I didn't read the book Nod.
Speaker 10: And truly was just haunted by the experience. And so I asked this because I agree with you, I felt all those things, But how much of that was just a weird stacking of awful on top of awful and not really a human experience to make us better.
Speaker 14: Well, t I had a friend in it, uh Zosia, and I think this was her first big role.
Speaker 1: She killed it.
Speaker 14: I was like, so there, I'm being honest, I'm there supporting, I enjoy, right, But then.
Speaker 1: It is somebody's story, so should we not?
Speaker 10: But it's not somebody's story that, you know what I mean? Like, parts of this are somebody's story. The the experience of abuse is somebody's story. The experience of you know, being overweight, and like the challenges of being poor is somebody's story. The experience of getting AIDS is somebody's story. But all of those combined into this single person, you know what I mean?
Speaker 14: Like it was just you don't think all that stuff can happen.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm sure this is somebody's story.
Speaker 14: If you're listening and this is your story, I need you.
Speaker 10: If if you're listening and this is your story, please stop listening to this. Go seek help now, because you have so much going on that you don't have time to dilly or dally with podcasts. Truly, this is that's she was pregnant and didn't know she was pregnant. She was being assaulted by her mama and or daddy. She was Mariah Carey was trying to or I was trying to save her.
Speaker 15: But then they had Yes.
Speaker 14: Yes, I be on TikTok all day, all night.
Speaker 1: That is somebody's story.
Speaker 14: The way people be just diarrhea of the mouth, just telling their business, they mama business, they cousin's cousins.
Speaker 1: And bad after bad after bad.
Speaker 14: I mean, I don't even turn on the TV no more because people are telling us our problems.
Speaker 10: I guess, I guess less than me saying it's impossible for anybody to experience this. I'm saying there's a point where it stops being any version of universe. It just starts being a singular, fucked up story that nobody. It doesn't belong to black people, it doesn't belong to brown people. That bitch's life sucks, perish. I'm just saying, ship. And there's some people in this building that also have stories that are closer to like a universal experience. And I wonder about the tragedy porn even though for for me a person watching it, it worked, I was like, holy shit, this, This motherfucker is crazy.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about Monsters Ball?
Speaker 10: WHOA?
Speaker 1: What about that? Holly Berry won it, won that won that award, won that Golden.
Speaker 10: Ticket, And it's worth noting Monsters Ball. You said is a Lee Daniels production.
Speaker 14: Yes, right, okay, thoughts, I mean she is is getting banged out by Billy Bob Thornton.
Speaker 1: Not a drop of makeup, not a comb going through the hair. Did he's in it?
Speaker 10: Did he's in it? It's actually, I think one of his first serious roles, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: Honestly, he ate, he ate he was in jail. He was on death row.
Speaker 14: Baby the way, the way the art works always like.
Speaker 2: He was on death row. And they never told us why either.
Speaker 1: He did not know.
Speaker 2: They're just like, yeah he did, so he was.
Speaker 15: He was acting up.
Speaker 1: Ledger was in it. Well, let was in it. Amazing l r P.
Speaker 14: Shout out to him. I'm a him in real life and sweet, sweet sweet guy. Okay, yeah, gave good tip to.
Speaker 10: Okay, Yeah, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 1: Some people like to speak ill of the dead, not me.
Speaker 10: Sidney came on here and so far his only defended white men.
Speaker 1: But yeah, whoa cameras. Dead ass could be like share.
Speaker 14: You you've been dragging back left and right, all dark skinned mind.
Speaker 10: You, that's my style. You, on the other hand, are selling your people out.
Speaker 14: I mean, I I enjoy the rawness of it. Again, Like if this was like an eight twenty four production, we'd be like, yeah.
Speaker 10: Well, I think it did get all the love right. It's another example of one. I think it won. Well, she won the Oscar for it, certainly. I think it's just like a lot of films where we sober up to what the fuck we watched three years ago, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean saying it one then, but it wouldn't it wouldn't hold.
Speaker 10: Up right now. Crash won the Oscar for Best Picture and is now like yeah, people laugh at the idea that Crash was on now.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the invisible cloak. He tried to cheat me.
Speaker 14: You don't wait a minute, hold up, they're dragging Crash.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 10: The people don't like Crashing. Come because it starred Ludacris.
Speaker 1: He was in too fast periods. They loved that.
Speaker 15: Guys.
Speaker 10: I'm not saying that Luda didn't do a fine job. I'm saying that you don't give a Ludacris film Best Picture.
Speaker 1: Then Tate was in it.
Speaker 14: They had everybody your name, Mama and crash talking about Sandra Bullock. Yeah, the patient Queen sam You know who is Samuel Bullock?
Speaker 15: You know?
Speaker 10: The only other type of movie that does movies like that where everybody's in it is like them shitty movies where it's like Valentine's dad.
Speaker 1: Ryan Philippe was in it. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 10: Too many big names for you to be managing a story.
Speaker 2: So then you just.
Speaker 14: Like in a in a cheesy way, they were making their points. Yeah, but then we found out the people who wrote it were white. So that's what That's what fucked us up.
Speaker 10: That's what it was, which is why you and then you look at it as a whole.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it did just that, Yeah, just what you thought they would do.
Speaker 10: Okay, So so Monsters Ball is a defendable for you. Precious is a defendable.
Speaker 1: For I wasn't mad.
Speaker 14: I wasn't mad at the movie Holly Berry winning the Oscar for it.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, why.
Speaker 14: We gotta be down and out to win? But they do that for everybody either, you got it.
Speaker 1: What's what's her name? Charlista rone. She she had to get ugly and murder niggas, like you know.
Speaker 10: I think the only difference is they can also escape through like musicals. M do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 10: Like Chicago? What's the l a one that they no no no, Although A Star is Born is another good example. It's not quite it is a musical to some extent, but the one where they're la la land Uh. Those they can be joyful, they can be not like look like ship.
Speaker 14: And when Leonardo DiCaprio was in Everything, they didn't give him that award until he got raped by bear.
Speaker 1: So you know what, maybe Academy is just doing everybody wrong. Actually it's one for one.
Speaker 2: It's I like that. That's what you think happened with that bear.
Speaker 12: That's what I saw.
Speaker 15: What it looks like.
Speaker 14: Am I wrong When they said when they said would you rather be trapped in the forest with a bear for a man?
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, which bear? Because bear.
Speaker 15: He's gonna take it.
Speaker 10: That bear got him. I remember just learning what the premise of that movie was and thinking, damn, this is give this man the award.
Speaker 1: And they did, and they did.
Speaker 15: He I think he just watch it.
Speaker 1: He read the script and said, you know what, it's time. It's time.
Speaker 14: Now, I gotta lock in. He said, he goes to death in Titanic, Right, this is a different.
Speaker 1: It's a different type of death.
Speaker 10: I'm not dying.
Speaker 1: I'm not dying. I'm living Jack Jack.
Speaker 2: Sweet voice.
Speaker 19: If you sometimes turn down the podcast just to hear the hum of your engine, the Shell has.
Speaker 2: The fuel for you.
Speaker 19: Shell be Power nitro Plus fuels every drive from the Pacific Coast Highway.
Speaker 10: To the Sierra Peaks with a fuel like no other.
Speaker 19: It provides engine performance that last to give you more time on the road. Because your car's engine matters. That means more protection with active ingredients for longer lasting engines. Shelvy Power Nitroplus premium gasoline engine performance that lasts. Chances are you're not far from a SHELL station. Find it using the Shell app formulation unique to Shell compared to minimum detergent GASOLOI with continuous use of Shelvy Power, Nitroplus and gasoline direct injection engines. Actual effects and benefits may vary. Seeshell dot us slash more dash protection for more information.
Speaker 12: Hi everyone, it's Calpen.
Speaker 13: I'm the host of Earsay, the Audible and iHeart Audio Book Club. This week on the podcast, I am sitting down with Ray Porter, the narrator of Andy Weir's audiobook project, Hail Mary, Massive sci Fi and I'm sure about survival and science and what happens when you wake up alone, very.
Speaker 12: Far from Earth.
Speaker 20: I really had to make a decision because I caught myself getting that frog in my throat and starting to get teary as I'm narrating some of these sections, and it's like, okay yo, yayo, is this indulgent? And I really thought about it, and I was like, no, at this point, it would kind of be betraying the trust the author and the listener have in telling this story if I don't go through it. But there's places in this book that deeply emotionally affected me, and I left it on the mic. That's great because it served the story. People will say like, oh my god, I cried at the end. It's like, yeah, dude, me too.
Speaker 13: Listen to your Safe the Audible and iHeart Audiobook Club on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 12: App or wherever you get in your podcasts.
Speaker 21: This is Ashley and Eddie from the Ben and Ashley I Almost Samos podcasts. You know what's becoming a literal nightmare lately international travel. Why sit on a plane for fourteen hours to get to Like Como when you could be having the time of your life at Caesar's Republic and beautiful Lake Tahoe. Caesar's Republic Lake Tahoe has it all the splendor of La Como without all the unmagical moments that come with international travel.
Speaker 1: It's all there.
Speaker 21: Amazing dining options with restaurants like Wolf by Vander Pomp and Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen, Incredible entertainment, some of the biggest names in music already lined up for this year's Lake Tahoe Summer concerts. Plus relaxing spy experiences, breathtaking views, and NonStop excitement throughout your entire stay. Spend your days enjoying the pristine lake and natural surroundings, and the nights enjoying the incredible restaurants and world class casino. And don't forget all of this right in your backyard. Caesar's Republic, Lake Tahoe. Book today.
Speaker 22: Realmen, She's coming over in an hour and this tastes like nothing.
Speaker 18: Plaint Chicken bro Meet the Lee Come Key Saracha Family chilli, Maio, honey, celatal lawns, smoky barbecue.
Speaker 12: Use it?
Speaker 23: Do you have all six weird flex best flex? If she likes to launch your lime, hit her with the honey Racha.
Speaker 22: That's actually smart.
Speaker 24: I know.
Speaker 15: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Try the Lee come keys of Roger Family, grab the Oneliner in stores.
Speaker 18: How do you flex your flavor? Bruh.
Speaker 4: I turned off news altogether.
Speaker 5: I hate to say it, but I don't trust much of anything.
Speaker 4: It's the radebate.
Speaker 6: It feels like it's trying to divide people.
Speaker 7: We got clear facts. Maybe we could calm down a little.
Speaker 8: NBC News brings you clear reporting. Let's meet at the facts. Let's move forward from there. NBC News Reporting for America.
Speaker 10: My Mama told me presents the Start to Steal Tour. We're very excited about it. Yeah, I'm not about to bite my tongue. We want to sell it out and the dates are coming up fast, and so if you live in one of these areas, we want you to buy your tickets now. It's all available on our instagrams, on our websites, on our link tree. December twelfth, we're in Seattle, and December fifteenth, you're closing it out. In Portland, Oregon. We want y'all to come out. We want y'all to kick it. We will be doing our coveted live show with special guests with just me and David. Depending on the city, it'll be a great time.
Speaker 15: All that meet and greets you've been Chris Brown has a good meet and greet.
Speaker 10: Bro Let's be clear, I'll take a weird picture with you for free.
Speaker 15: Okay, here's what I'll say. Okay, here we go, and looking at the full Tyler Perry filmography.
Speaker 10: Well, okay, And it's worth noting she only defended Lea, didn't. Yeah, she brought nothing to the table for Tyler. Tyler so far as indefensible for you?
Speaker 15: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Why did I get married?
Speaker 14: I buked with that heavy I thought that was valid into into and mah two. I said, I don't know if we need this, but I heard it was doing a why Why did I get married?
Speaker 12: Three?
Speaker 1: And that's why Sisily was like.
Speaker 15: And then she died.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 15: She was like, I'm tired.
Speaker 14: Because Tyler said I paid Cecily a million dollars for one day of work, and she was like, wait, why are you telling them about my business? Yeah, because he was trying to let her know, Hey, you're gonna have to work some other days.
Speaker 1: Bab we got born and we got.
Speaker 10: Moving for you. That million was an advance. Yeah, you got work to do.
Speaker 1: I death throw.
Speaker 15: We gotta shoot season forty of sisters.
Speaker 1: Who are we going to help?
Speaker 2: But Tyler, it's only been out three.
Speaker 1: Years, Alana, I wish she was back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 15: Uh, I'll take why did I get married? Just in the idea of just a romantic comedy. I don't it detracts anything from art or the conversation or anything like that, Okay, because I do think that, like when we're talking about him as a whole and like his output, I don't think it needs to be He doesn't have to be a twenty four to be worthy of existing in the space, you know what I mean?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think that's always been my issue with it, right, is It's not that I'm expecting him to be.
Speaker 15: And worthy isn't even the right word. I just mean, like, it doesn't have to be bad that style.
Speaker 10: But I guess that's my point is I don't need it to be some high art. I just needed to hold itself to some standard. Do you know what I mean that, like Adam Sandler movies, I don't like all of them. I don't like honestly most of them, but every single one of them, I go, oh, Adam really thought this was funny, do you know what I mean? He really believed in like whatever this configuration of funny people and jokes was, and he put it out believing that it was gonna serve an audience, whereas like Tyler, I don't think gives a fuck, but it does.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 15: Great degree what he does.
Speaker 10: No, I don't.
Speaker 15: I don't mean that some of the stuff is like definitely just put together and rushed out. But some of them you could tell. It's like he wanted this to be a good film, right like he wanted to Yeah, he wanted, and it served his audience.
Speaker 10: But I'm saying that that's the violence, is to put out the rush ship knowing you had more potential for a quality film even as you see it, right, like, even if it's not objectively quality, you knew, like, all right when I put this out, I stand on that.
Speaker 14: Yes, what if Tyler Perry is ahead of the curve and he said these audiences they're pretty bad, So what are we spending.
Speaker 2: Years to.
Speaker 1: Go it out there.
Speaker 14: They don't watch it, they're gonna pay money, they're gonna go, well.
Speaker 25: You look at it, and honestly.
Speaker 15: Genie, right, if you look at it that Waylazer.
Speaker 14: Well, it's just like comedians right now, stand up comedians posting clips.
Speaker 1: You're like, that joke's not done, that needs some tags. Whatever, what are we waiting for? Put it?
Speaker 14: And sometimes the stuff that's the most unfinished gets the most viral moments. So Tyler Perry is, oh.
Speaker 10: Want you want to stand up while you say, let's go with your hand on your heart? What the fuck is about that?
Speaker 14: Stand up comedians took a note from Tyler Perry and they say, I put it out.
Speaker 10: But I think that's what where I start to go, like, yeah, but that is a greater destruction of the world, right, yes, because I do think the deterioration of art is like a fundamental reflection of like what's happening in the larger world around.
Speaker 15: Us doesn't necessarily mean good still, right, No.
Speaker 10: He's an innovator for sure, Like he really broke ground on some vile, vile ship, right.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and that's.
Speaker 1: All yet what we know how it's done? You're like oh, sir, how much? Tell me what the prescription is.
Speaker 10: But but even even the idea that you have, like all these shoots happening constantly on this large property, that you're not doing multiple takes on that you're not even fucking like you know, you're not there, Sidney, what do we what game are we playing?
Speaker 17: I just want to hear a fact that's the whole boy, Yeah, is that we're not allowed to see it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because they're doing crazy ship with these these people whose lives that will never come.
Speaker 1: Back, these people, black people. Don't you say, these people.
Speaker 10: These dumb dumbs trapped in a cave in damn that I can't now.
Speaker 1: Your hairline is nice, but don't don't push you back.
Speaker 2: Alan fucking pain.
Speaker 14: You if you If you love Alan so much, I want you to get his tattoo.
Speaker 1: Get a tattoo, Alan Allen.
Speaker 10: I just miss him.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's alive. Is he find him on Instagram?
Speaker 10: I bet he got a different Instagram.
Speaker 1: He said that Pain fucked him up.
Speaker 10: I bet it's at Alan Tyler Payne dot.
Speaker 14: There was a there was a new movie recently, not recently, but like earlier this year that Tyler Perry made with Kelly Rowland Mea Coppola and I watched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched it. Was it terrible?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Was it amazing?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: But I enjoy I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it, and that sometimes we just need something that we could put our eyes on, take us out of the moment.
Speaker 10: But again, I think the point is less that he can't do it. I don't think my suggestion is everything he's ever made has been a violent violation Daddy's little girls. I like, I was like, all right, that's cool. It's not I'm not offended by this.
Speaker 14: It just is just you want to do things that you want things made that doesn't offend you.
Speaker 10: No, I'm saying I want there to be a standard of quality so that we're not getting clips of a dude getting punched in the face and spinning a full three sixty and saying as he falls down. I'm saying I want the I want a billionaire who owns literally half of Atlanta to invest in quality wigs and that not to be part of the conversation. I want to explore the world beyond mister Brown.
Speaker 1: Can they put music anything that he's saying right now?
Speaker 10: I want a real story that you believe in every time because you have the resources and frankly, you present to us to be this healer of our community. So put the effort in to show us that love every single time.
Speaker 14: So once you say said once all that done is Tyler Langston will be right on that motherfucking lot.
Speaker 1: That's what he's trying to tell you. It's trying to tell you get.
Speaker 26: Your tony when I buddy, when I run out, I'll come be a slave, a part of it, slave away.
Speaker 25: And with me. This is really just it's ending pro Tyler Perry, which is that's how you know it. No, I want to be clear. I'm I could not be more anti Tyler Perry. You too are pro Tyler Perry. For me, I am the exact opposite. I think he's the worst.
Speaker 14: I'm pro you know, we should be able to as messy and ridiculous and unprofessional as everybody else in this business, and we're not.
Speaker 1: We're not allowed to, and Tyler Perry is doing that and so therefore, but what he But it also is like bad.
Speaker 14: Because like you said, there's so many people who are trapped in this circle of Perry production.
Speaker 10: I just dream of a day when we don't have to hold it hold ourselves to the standard of the worst white person.
Speaker 1: I didn't say white. Now you said white, Well it was I said the industry. I said, I said the industry. I feel like we.
Speaker 2: Are almost Jewish.
Speaker 1: With you. I did not say that.
Speaker 14: What I'm saying is we always have to do black excellence, black excellence. We got to have autocrests, we gotta we've got to go to school for we have to be so about this life.
Speaker 1: And it's just like that's that's not how art is made all the time. We didn't go to NYU, we didn't go to Juilliar.
Speaker 14: So that means that the way we conduct you know, acting and comedy or whatever is not up to standard.
Speaker 10: No, I think I'm not suggesting even for a second that there needs to be a standardization of quality. I'm not suggesting that there needs to be a standardization of this industry. But I do think that like this breaks down to questions of human decency. For me, decency, this is this is not just oh, I made the best movie I could make, and if you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. I've seen plenty of those movies and we can argue all day about which one thus are, but there's nothing he's putting in on sisters. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Oh Yo, when I tell you the be et Bandits is gonna be at you, I don't want to be a part. I don't want to be a party. I get it. Someone make sure you untagged.
Speaker 2: Somebody's gonna be mad.
Speaker 1: They are, they will ride at down.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: I get it that. I'm I understand that there is an audience.
Speaker 1: The feelers even better.
Speaker 10: I don't think that he's trying his best on all of these things. And I think we got to be honest about that, Dave. I think that what are we talking about? Is it like a ratios thing? Like what do you think is good to bad?
Speaker 15: Ratio is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Tell me let us know what you right now? Right now? Hold on, what what is good for you? Movie? Right now?
Speaker 12: Show? No?
Speaker 10: No, No, that's that feels that that's complicating the conversation.
Speaker 1: You want to you want to keep your jobs?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm not going to play this nasty.
Speaker 1: Little hold if I wouldn't do what I did right now.
Speaker 10: That's not the point of this conversation.
Speaker 2: A good try, sister.
Speaker 1: I can't even. They won't even see me a script.
Speaker 2: I can't even.
Speaker 10: I think if we're talking ratio of what I think he offers up good good to bad, I think it's ninety percent bad and ten percent good.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. Did you like Vampire and Brooklyn?
Speaker 10: I don't think it was a good movie.
Speaker 1: It was a good movie? No, what is good?
Speaker 15: Not that?
Speaker 14: Why wasn't it good? Eddie Murphy was in it? Angela basket?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Eddie Murphy is in a fee was in it?
Speaker 1: He was it? Yo, yo fa.
Speaker 2: You think it's a good movie.
Speaker 15: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: You think it's a good movie, iconic, legendary. No, no, boo boo.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna play this game where we swerve around it because a bunch of people we like.
Speaker 1: Are inny butterscotch behavior, boom.
Speaker 2: Off the stage.
Speaker 1: I love it. I loved it.
Speaker 10: There's a lot of movie.
Speaker 1: Glynn contexts also bouncoring.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 15: But it's not a great movie. Thank you, And that's fine.
Speaker 10: That's okay.
Speaker 15: That's kind of how it is with the Tyler Perry stuff.
Speaker 10: That's a good.
Speaker 1: Evil good who get to me laugh? What's in his coffee.
Speaker 26: Meth.
Speaker 10: This is meth like behavior. This whole episode has been brought to you by Meth.
Speaker 1: How dare you there?
Speaker 14: You text me an hour before the podcast and I brought my my sisterly love here to save the pod, and now you said, I'm on Meth.
Speaker 1: Brothers, where's where Brothers?
Speaker 12: It is?
Speaker 2: He has that.
Speaker 17: It literally exists both sides. Now that's the problem. You don't even know how thorough this man is. There's an auntie, I'm hurt.
Speaker 1: I'm heard.
Speaker 10: This man made all the stuff and you I hear being like it could be subjective?
Speaker 15: No stop, how it is him being the devil to me does come down to more than content or anything. I think it's the way that he runs the ship. That's that is the thing that I think that regardless of whether or not you enjoy it or you don't enjoy it, that is the sinister thread that we can all agree on, right, And that's the problem with Tyler.
Speaker 10: He's saving insane amounts of money it's fit to hoard for himself by not paying people what they're worth and not unionizing. And more than that, he then even saves more and more money by forcing people to work hours that are far beyond reason to stay sort of like insular inside of this fucking dome that spoke it's it's it feels like we would be irresponsible to walk away from this episode and say that Tyler Perry is like a good guy.
Speaker 14: I just want to say, if we if Dave Langston and me die, we did not commit.
Speaker 1: We did not kill ourselves. We did on this podcast.
Speaker 10: If if they find my body on Tyler Perry's studios, I did kill myself.
Speaker 15: Anywhere else?
Speaker 25: How is this show not be shut down?
Speaker 15: I don't think.
Speaker 25: Anybody's paid attention because everybody's going crazy.
Speaker 10: Just saying no, they've never listened to a single episode, mister James, iHeart is plugged in the end phones. Well, I think we did it. I think we're I think we can clude did our all our positions on Tyler Perry, and they do seem vast and a little diverse. We we have varying sort of scales of what we consider to be evil about him.
Speaker 1: Is that Yeah, it's just crazy. We said all this stuff, and it's like we in this industry do we want to work?
Speaker 10: Like, Yeah, I got a good feeling, I'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean our good brother here English teacher Abby. I mean you you living like before me, like skin. I don't know what.
Speaker 15: We don't worry about me.
Speaker 24: The woman to fend for herself, holding on his legs as he's trying to.
Speaker 10: Leave the house.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm ready tele.
Speaker 10: Give her a call, Sydney. Before you, before you go on down to the compound, will you tell us?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 10: Will you tell us some cool shit you got.
Speaker 14: Going on new, brand new podcast. Well, it's remixed, but it's called Mess. It's with me and your fabe, Marie Foston on my Heart Big Money Players Network, and we just came out and I'm very excited to be a part of the family. And obviously I'm on Instagram. Please follow me. In order for me to get the promo and the brand deals that I deserve, I need.
Speaker 1: More followers, So follow me.
Speaker 10: I think that's fair.
Speaker 1: Just sid b W.
Speaker 14: I should be doing something with hair or makeup or you know, if the lesbians follow this, I'm sure they don't, but if you do, please follow me.
Speaker 1: Just sid BW.
Speaker 15: We have some lesbians to come out.
Speaker 10: We've had a few three. Yeah, it's always it's a girl and then her much more more masculine watch your mouth, watch your mouth, masculine presenting girlfriend who who is less happy to be there. It's usually the Yeah, it's like a small girl with glasses and he was very nice, very nice, very excited, and then a masculine presenting lady behind the camera being like, y'all was y'all was cool.
Speaker 15: But I have seen a couple of times where it was a masculine lady and she put her small lady on.
Speaker 10: Oh nice.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, I don't remember the shot to that couple in d C.
Speaker 1: So it's only so it's only one couple of show coming. Yeah, usually do better, do better?
Speaker 15: What can we do? What we talk about?
Speaker 1: I saved the podcast.
Speaker 14: I don't think you know, you understand they were looking for to be seen and that was me.
Speaker 15: Oh thank god, good job.
Speaker 10: Hell yeah, And you can follow me at Langston Kerman and we're still on the start to Steal tour. We want you to come out to the next couple of shows.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 10: We we've got uh Seattle, We've got Portland. We and okay, that's all the ones that I think we're probably gonna have. I think that's it should well, well, yeah, anyway, and if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories, if you want to tell us what Tyler Perry does for you, send it all to My Mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you by the merch of call your mother Sucker, dick Bye bitch, My Mama Told Me. It's a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 15: Greet It and hosted by Langston Krektin.
Speaker 10: Co hosted by David Bori.
Speaker 15: Executive produced by Will Farrell, Hansni and Olivia Akilon. Co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin.
Speaker 10: Kopton, music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 15: Artwork by Joegon Kreeger.
Speaker 10: You can now watch episodes My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel.
Speaker 27: This is Chelsea Handler from Dear Chelsea. The Trump administration and its backers in Congress are messing around with our healthcare. In case you haven't heard, they already passed a lot defunding Planned Parenthood that blocks Medicaid patients from getting life saving care like cancer screenings, wellness exams, birth control, STI treatment, and more. And now these lawmakers want to shut down health centers by defunding planned parenthood permanently.
Speaker 1: Our communities deserve better.
Speaker 27: So to learn how you can get involved, text update to two two for two two.
Speaker 28: Ryan Reynolds here for mint Mobile. I don't know if you knew this, but anyone can get the same premium wireless for fifteen dollars a month plan that I've been enjoying. It's not just for celebrities. So do like I did and have one of your assistants assistants switch you to mint Mobile today. I'm told it's super easy to do. At mintmobile dot com.
Speaker 16: Slash switch upfront, paymental forty five dollars per three month plan equivalent to fifteen dollars per month required intro rate first three months only than full price plan options available, taxes and fees, extra feefal terms at mintmobile dot Com.
Speaker 29: Ask anyone who's done it. They don't say I went on a zipline. They say slot Zilla, Vegas's most iconic zipline. Eleven stories above Fremont Street, five blocks of flight over the neon heart of Old Vegas, the crowds, the music, the whole electric original below slot Zilla.
Speaker 1: At Fremont Street Experience.
Speaker 29: It's not a ride, it's the Vegas story you'll tell forever. Search Fremont Street Experience to book your flight.
Speaker 30: This is Rade de Lucia from a really good cry. I've been doing Reformer pilates for years now and it's always been one of those workouts that I come back to. It makes me feel stronger, connected to my body and flexible all at the same time. By having a Reformer at home has completely changed it for me. There's no rushing to a class, no schedule to work around, and I can move when I want how I want, whether that's a full workout or just ten minutes to reset. And I've noticed I actually listened to my body more. Some days I push, some days I slow down. But I'm more consistent because it fits into my life. Your Reformer comes with access to over one thousand instructed at workouts on the app, and your first three months are free. Is deliver to your door in under a week, and honestly, it just makes taking care of yourself so much easier. Visit your Reformer dot com. That's your Reformer dot com and use the code CRY two hundred for two hundred dollars off your outright purchase, your space, your pace, your reformer.
Speaker 31: Father's Day is coming up, and this year, I'm skipping the last minute gift card. My dad never asks for much, so I'm having to Total Wine and More for a gift that feels more personal, maybe a bottle he already loves, or something new we can enjoy together while grilling with a family. With so many options and the lowest prices, finding the right gift is easy. Shop Total Wine and More in store or online at total wine dot com and find something Dad will enjoy this Father's Day. Spirit's not sold in Virginia, North Carolina. Drink responsibly. It must be twenty one.
Speaker 1: This is an iheartpodcast guaranteed human