Speaker 1: You had a little something juicy, a little dramatic, something to make you feel better about your own dating life. Here we are a brand new second date to start your Friday. And before we get to it, always comment.
Speaker 2: Yes, since Salima said, Hey, Brook, jeff Jose, Alexis and everyone else, I just wanted to say that you guys are my primary source of entertainment when I'm playing on my PS four I love from Egypt.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: You think you can see the pyramids from her house? Probably not. That's a funny, dumb question.
Speaker 2: You mean, it's just a bad Brook, Come on, not traveled enough.
Speaker 4: I want to be, though, so we'll come visit soon. All right, there it is? Yeah, okay, all right here regard it. Let's get this show started. Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Second date updates.
Speaker 3: If you're a guy and you're out on a first date having dinner, what are some possible distractions that could derail you that you got to stay away from. Oh that's a good question. Like one A rat runs across the floor.
Speaker 4: In front of I think alert everyone.
Speaker 3: Pretend you never saw it. It's probably the owner's pet. It helps him cook the food. Like in Ratitui, all is good.
Speaker 4: Okay, distraction too.
Speaker 3: Let's say the waitress is a little B and L, you know, busty and lonely. Do not look at her. But she's a B and L. Don't know, you don't exactly how do.
Speaker 4: You know she's lonely by looking at Oh.
Speaker 3: You can tell broke. They have that lonely look in their eye. You just keep their eyes on the ground when you put in your order. And our listener Eric had a different type of distraction that he had to deal with.
Speaker 4: Let me guess, a busty rat Is.
Speaker 3: It maybe that? Or could it even be worse than the ones I mentioned? Possibly? Eric, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 6: Hey, thanks for taking a call.
Speaker 3: Absolutely well, we'll get to the distraction on your date in a second. First, tell us about the girl that you met.
Speaker 6: Her name's Vanessa.
Speaker 7: She works in the beauty industry.
Speaker 4: And like she's an esthetician you mean like that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she is gorgeous in fact, like I was kind of surprised she said yes to the date. Oh, and so I thought, you know, I got to turn on the charm, so I took her out, okay, and I want to take her to the bar and grill Applebee's.
Speaker 4: I love that place.
Speaker 6: It's not it's got really good vibes.
Speaker 3: All right, And how did How was Vanessa when she showed up?
Speaker 6: She looked really cute and really friendly and approachable, and but the thing happened. Okay, it wasn't a rat or any of that. It's like, twenty minutes after we sat down, someone walks in to the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Who is it?
Speaker 6: He's my ex girlfriend?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I thought you said there wasn't. What are the odds do you just?
Speaker 4: I mean, dang, is it a big restaurant? Can you ignore her?
Speaker 6: It's not a big place. And she was with her guy. She was with her new guyd when's.
Speaker 2: The last time you saw her?
Speaker 4: Like, has it been years or it's like recent?
Speaker 3: It was about six months okay, okay?
Speaker 6: And then I looked over like like a few minutes later, and you know, I'm trying not to look over, but I see that she's like sucking down margarita and like she's laughing and she's having a great time.
Speaker 3: She's having fun.
Speaker 1: Well you know how it is like when they come in and they're doing.
Speaker 4: The extra loud laugh just to like get your.
Speaker 1: Attention, and then I mean, it sucks for you because it ruins your whole date. Even if you don't say anything, you're distracted, you're no longer fully present for.
Speaker 2: Then, if you mentioned your accident, it sounds like you've a lot of drama.
Speaker 3: Yes, but did that come up? Did your date Vanessa know that your ex was in the restaurant too?
Speaker 6: I told her, I said, looks like my ex girlfriend just came in.
Speaker 3: What was her reaction?
Speaker 7: And she was, I don't know, intrigued, don't look, don't look, but she looked anyway, of course, yeah, and she's like, oh wow, she's really pretty.
Speaker 6: Like okay, anyway, let's talk about you.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you say let's go find another spot?
Speaker 6: Oh? I offered that, but she was like, no, no, no, it's all right, it's right, like we were here first. And she had a point.
Speaker 3: If your date wanted to stay through it, then that's on her. Were you able to get things back on track?
Speaker 6: Well, that's the thing. I feel like the vibe of the day kind of changed from there and like it didn't, it did never go back.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you over your ex?
Speaker 6: Well? Yeah, I mean we're not together.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 1: I mean it just I mean, I think that makes it even trickier, right, because like maybe Vanessa picked up on that.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the thing at the end. I mean, there was this thing that happened, that another thing at the end of the day. It's like we're walking out, and I guess I just wanted to show Vanessa that I was sort of like above it all. And and so I approached my ex girlfriend's table and I said, hey, I hope you have a great night. It was good to see you. And I said, your hair looks great. And I know, I was like, why would I say that? She changed her hair? She changed her hair, and I thought I was good and it just came out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that's the part you probably should admit omit from the like, did Vanessa hear you compliment your ex girlfriend's hair?
Speaker 4: Where was she standing?
Speaker 1: Even she might have like she was really close to me, and you didn't introduce Vanessa.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the baller move, right, Vanessa, this is my upgrade.
Speaker 6: I should have done that. I just panicked and I was like I just conversated with like three or four seconds and then I left. I was out of there.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure you're all flustered now walking Vanessa to her car.
Speaker 3: That also looks nice. By the way, what happened when you leave?
Speaker 6: We hugged and that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but from the way that he's talking about it, you can tell that he regrets how we handled the situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it's totally unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Do you think the date would have gone flawlessly if your ex hadn't walked into that restaurant?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It just it sucks did that happened? But it's it's of my like, is that of my control? Right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that wasn't your fault, Universe, And as long as you didn't like go home and post along TikTok or Instagram post about seeing your ex and how great she looked past it now so that.
Speaker 4: You look pathetic to two women.
Speaker 3: That just was exactly. As long as you didn't do that, then we might have a chance to save this for you. Please tell us you didn't do that.
Speaker 7: I didn't do that exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever one of those where we find out something.
Speaker 3: Whatever damage you did to yourself, we're gonna have to undo it when we can get you your second date update right after this, hold.
Speaker 4: On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date updates.
Speaker 3: Let's recap Eric's first date for those of you just joining. Eric met a woman named Vanessa for dinner recently. She's in the beauty industry, and for the first twenty minutes everything was great. It was perfect, conversation was flowing, the connection was easy. It was all gravy until Eric's ex's girlfriend walked in and sat down with an eyeshot. So vibes changed after that.
Speaker 4: And had to admit that his ex was there.
Speaker 3: He did. He was so weird, he told Vanessa. Not sure if that was a bad idea or a horrible idea, but he did it.
Speaker 4: I mean he had no other choice. The worst idea is what happened after.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was on his mind, and that's why right before he left, he stopped by his ex's table and told her she has nice hair, so great date if it was just Eric and his ex. But Vanessa was present too and isn't calling him back. I wonder why that could be. And as a joke earlier, I said, Eric, you didn't post a TikTok about how good your ex looked that night, and your answer was not exactly what did you post. What does that mean?
Speaker 6: Well, I didn't, I didn't post anything. I just I did text my ex one time.
Speaker 4: What did you text her?
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry for the awkward encounter and I didn't know what to say.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that's actually not bad.
Speaker 4: Did your ex respond?
Speaker 6: She gave me a thumbs up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she's the sexiest of all the things. You could go back.
Speaker 4: She's over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she doesn't like you unless they were built into thumb play. You don't know, Brooke.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: Get to that stage of romance. Nobody played thumb wars with the jeff Yeah. Definitely don't like any of my that I sent to you, because I'll read it in a different way. But let's find out what Vanessa thinks. I'm going to dial her number and we'll see what she has to say.
Speaker 6: You ready, Eric, I'm ready? All right?
Speaker 3: Thumbs up to that. Here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey is this Vanessa? Yes, hey Vanessa, thank you for answering.
Speaker 4: Yes, you sound busy. Sorry, yeah, but who's this?
Speaker 3: We don't want to take up a lot of your time. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Okay, good morning, And just to cut right to it. We're doing a segment called the Second Date Update, trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out with recently.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Who, it's a guy named Eric. There's a sweet sounding guy.
Speaker 5: Oh so you like talk to him or whatever. So you know what happened.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right to the point, and I like that about Vanessa. There's no sugarcoat anything here.
Speaker 3: All that we know that happened is Eric's X showed up in the middle of the date.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I actually honestly think he handled that really well.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Oh that's good. He was worried that he was like awkward about it.
Speaker 5: And no, he was one hundred percent honest and upfront with me about it, Like, oh, he was really classy. He even said I to her to prove that he's above all the drama.
Speaker 4: So you were you liked you liked that.
Speaker 5: I thought it was really mature.
Speaker 3: I was not expecting that.
Speaker 1: We thought for sure you were going to say that he didn't seem like he was over his X or something like that.
Speaker 5: Oh no, he told me some stories and oh my god, that woman is a piece of work.
Speaker 1: Whoa Oh oh so he even shared some crazy X stories. Huh, so is that what upset you?
Speaker 5: I'm not upset. Where do you keep asking that?
Speaker 4: I meant, like, why you're not calling it back?
Speaker 3: We're trying to figure out what's happened with you since the date with Eric?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean so it's like a bend parking lot. But I stayed because I wanted to follow his ex home.
Speaker 3: You what do you mean, just to make sure she got home safe?
Speaker 5: Well, no, I I wanted to make sure that what happened to Eric didn't happen to the guy that she was on a date with.
Speaker 4: Wait, what happened to Eric? What was his story?
Speaker 5: Well, it's his story, so I don't really want to share it, but like, it sounds like she traumatized him.
Speaker 3: Oh, so what happened when you got back to where she was going?
Speaker 5: Well, he dropped her off and she kissed him, but he did not go inside, and so I went up to talk to the guy. So when he went back to his car, wait.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, oh okay, your car got out of your car approached his car in the dark.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I had to warn him him and I was like, what are you doing right now? Do you want to grab a drink?
Speaker 6: With me. Wait, what.
Speaker 3: You and this guy out?
Speaker 5: Because I wanted to warn him because like, Eric told me all these stories and I needed time. If they weren't stories, I could just tell him on the streets.
Speaker 4: You just met Eric. You don't know what's true, what's not true. It's a one sided story, like total Eric's still alive. It's not like you're saving someone's life.
Speaker 3: Like, wait, so what happened when you went out and talked to the other guy.
Speaker 5: I told him all the things about why they broke up and how she's a big time manipulator, and he was kind of like maybe I can kind of see those signs or whatever. This was like I think their second date.
Speaker 3: And I was like, okay, person, I guess.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've been talking to Eric for like a week or so before our date, and he's seen like a trustworthy guy, and I absolutely believed him. And so you've got to trust some people out there.
Speaker 3: Sure, Sure, for some reason, Brooke doesn't trust our own listener, who just happens to be on the line right now, quietly listening in on this phone call.
Speaker 1: I bet he is speechless right now, because yeah, he is there.
Speaker 3: Actually, Vanessa on the phone right now who is Eric?
Speaker 5: Eric?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I like sneak up on you, Vanessa, but like, what why?
Speaker 5: Why did you?
Speaker 6: Why would you follow?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 5: I mean? You know the stories you told me. I had to save this guy from going through what you went through.
Speaker 3: WHOA wow.
Speaker 6: I didn't ask you to do that, No you didn't.
Speaker 5: But I feel like I needed to give him the hats up.
Speaker 6: Well I was trett to be honest with you, and now I feel like this could go back on me.
Speaker 3: Yes, how Eric, we need how Jeb?
Speaker 4: Of course, the ex girlfriend's gonna find out about this.
Speaker 5: No, he will not hear from her. I made him promise not to tell her anything. He stopped going on dates with her.
Speaker 3: But the woman we've never spoken.
Speaker 4: What did your ex do that was so awful?
Speaker 6: We're on the radio. I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: Say that, but like, you telling me this stuff on our date is pretty much giving me permission to go and tell this guy.
Speaker 6: So it would be permission if you told me we're going to do that and then I said yes, that would be permission.
Speaker 5: That's what permission is. He had already left though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Superman doesn't ask for permission to save somebody's life. When they're in danger.
Speaker 1: He okay, But Eric, honestly, was this guy in any danger because of your ex.
Speaker 6: I don't think he was in danger.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what you said when you started to date her. Bro It wouldn't it have been nice if at the start of your last bad relationship Vanessa had come up to you on eight number two and been like, look, this girl is bad news for you. She is going to hurt you, and she would have been right.
Speaker 6: I mean maybe, yeah. It was a pretty bad ending, and I guess that could have been good.
Speaker 3: See, clearly she has a heart of gold and wants to save men from terrible women. But I think we're missing the family.
Speaker 5: She's happy.
Speaker 3: If I'm just summarizing what I think.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing it, it's not like a flaring red flag that she's following strangers night with her car and inter relationship.
Speaker 4: She knows nothing about.
Speaker 3: Okay, Tomato, tomadel Broke, I pretty much said the exact same thing. We're avoiding the main question here, and that's Vanessa. Why aren't you talking to Eric since that night?
Speaker 5: Well, I was focusing on making sure that this guy was okay.
Speaker 1: The other guy, have you got him more than one hangout with this guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course he didn't believe me at the start, So like, I went to talk to him again during.
Speaker 6: The dayting So you are my ex girlfriend's new boyfriend.
Speaker 5: Eric, they went on two dates. That's not a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't be crazy. She ended it for him.
Speaker 3: It's right, right, she's not seeing him, she's warning him.
Speaker 5: In fact, I'm seeing him again tonight and I'm gonna warn him for a third time.
Speaker 1: Who wait a minute, sounds like he's enjoying the warning.
Speaker 6: This. This doesn't sound right.
Speaker 7: There's something off here.
Speaker 4: You go with your gut, Eric, you're right.
Speaker 3: The thing that's off is that I haven't offered to send you to out on another date. Thank you for reminding me, Eric, because we would love to put up however much money it takes to get YouTube back together for one more meet up. I guess I should ask Vanessa, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Listen, Eric, my focus right now is in this other guy, and once you one percent believes me not to go out with your accent, I will focus on you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Vanessa.
Speaker 3: Well, we're out of time, and it's sounding like it's a no for Eric. So instead the gift cards are going to Vanessa and the dude that she followed home to save from dating your ex girlfriend. Ye. I don't think I've ever said those words in my entire life, but I'm glad that I get to today because at least it gives Jose hope that someday a woman might follow him home without asking. Oh yeah, that has to be how it goes down, so romantic.
Speaker 1: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I would not be surprised if Vanessa hangs around that woman's apartment all next week. She might even move into the building with her, just to warn any future dudes that she stops by with don't date her. She's crazy. Trust me, I would know.
Speaker 4: We don't ask.
Speaker 1: She did sound busy when we first called her, like she could have just actually been in her car outside of her apartment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just scoping out the place, ready to save any dudes from their own demise. It could get worse, like if the other girl sees her, then she's gonna start following her. Eventually they're gonna stock each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Feel like he needs to call his X and warn her.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Always good when a crazy girl says, you know that other girl is crazier than me. Yeah, look out, but there's a whole podcast full of crazy people going on even crazier dates. It's ours, Yeah, so go fight. You'll feel a little bit less crazy when you find us on Spotify, Apple, wherever you get Yours. Brooke and Jefferies Second Date Update, Like and subscribe.