Speaker 1: All right, brand new Second Date podcast for you to start your wait CA, it's brooking Jeffrey thing so much for being here. Yes, today's really a lesson. God, I don't even know who's that like. It's just always shocking to me what people don't tell us before we get the other personal Yeah, oh yeah, kind of in general what men do and think women don't notice, right, yeah, right, I mean the general rule is we notice everything. Yeah, it's a reason why your mom has always known what's up. Okay, we pay attention, she sees and hears it all. Yes, yeah, all right, what do we got for comments? Emmy said, you guys have gotten me through cleaning my room, and that's the toughest chore out there. Not even a twelve hour playlist can do that. No, clean your room more often.
Speaker 2: Look, I saw somebody on my stream yesterday doing deep cleaning thinger watching me play video games and also listening to the podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how are you multitasking that much?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Like crazy double the Jose, I love it. I don't know how all right, Your brand new Second Date starts right now, Brooks and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Second Date updates sometimes for a first date.
Speaker 2: You need to branch out from doing the same old activities and think outside the box.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to think inside the box. Chef.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, instead of taking her to a high end seafood restaurant, take her down to the docks, hands her a pole in a bucket of worms, and see if she can catch her own seafood.
Speaker 1: Teach a man to fish, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well get it.
Speaker 2: That's close to the saying, I know. Give a woman a fish, she'll eat for a day. Teach a woman to fish, she'll smell like clams.
Speaker 3: For an entire week. That's a good thing.
Speaker 2: And one of our listeners has reached out after he took a woman on an out of the box type of date. His name is Gage, so let's talk to him about it. Gage, Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 5: Hey, how you going?
Speaker 1: Oh did you do some urban foraging to make a salad?
Speaker 5: In a sense, you're actually pretty close.
Speaker 3: Do you know what urban foraging means?
Speaker 1: Gage, Well, it's a more uncouth way to.
Speaker 3: Say sorry sorry, instead of us guessing.
Speaker 2: Why don't you tell us about this woman that you meant what you did together.
Speaker 5: Well, her name's Ainsley and she is just super duper cute. We met on one of the dating websites, and great picture is great personality, at least online.
Speaker 4: So we set up a date.
Speaker 1: Okay, were you thinking in that moment that you wanted to do something unique and special or is unique and special what you always do?
Speaker 4: I kind of almost forgot about it, like really knock up on me.
Speaker 1: Oh the way Jeff set it up, it sounded like you were playing something.
Speaker 3: Well that's how I thought.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I thought this is an out of the box date. You didn't even have a box.
Speaker 1: This is a scrambling, don't know what's happening.
Speaker 3: Date, Like, let's just do whatever.
Speaker 2: So what did you decide to do with Ainsley at the last second?
Speaker 4: So she messaged me just an hour before the confirm I was like, oh, yeah, let's meet at this address.
Speaker 5: So I gave her an address.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Google like Olive gardens address and give it to.
Speaker 3: Her or what.
Speaker 4: No, but it wasn't a strip mall. So there may have been an Olive garden nearby, but there's.
Speaker 3: A lot of businesses there.
Speaker 1: I'm still in like, could it be a manny petty at a strip mall? I mean, I'm always down for one of those.
Speaker 5: We went antiquing.
Speaker 4: Oh isn't that cool?
Speaker 2: Alexis I like drifting, So I mean the same, it's just way more expensive. Thrifting as like clothes and antiquing as like furniture.
Speaker 3: So what did you buy? Like a desk together or.
Speaker 1: Like glass where they have such fun glass?
Speaker 2: Yeah, some old lamps that's hot.
Speaker 5: You know, there's some really nice pawn shops out there, so I the first stop was my favorite box.
Speaker 3: But you don't have to tell us where those nice pawn shops are. Yeah what?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Go ahead, stars.
Speaker 5: Well, I took her to up like three different places and she found this vintage scarf that I think was from the sixties that she clearly really liked.
Speaker 1: And so did you buy it for her?
Speaker 4: Well? I took it up to the front. The guy wouldn't bunch on it. He wanted fifteen, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: Fifteen bucks. You're not going for.
Speaker 3: Her deal on a date.
Speaker 4: It was only worth at least eight.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, you gotta have that go part of the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you don't want to have a woman see you getting ripped off, because that's not attractive either.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad that you stood your ground.
Speaker 1: And were like, no, what did she say when you didn't buy it?
Speaker 4: She said it was fine. I think she was impressed. You guys are right. It's an alpha move.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, I think she wanted the scarf. She didn't get the scarf end of day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I told her she could go back again another time if she wanted.
Speaker 4: But not that day.
Speaker 5: You can never go back the same day to get that item, yeah, because.
Speaker 1: Then they'll just that they'll charge you because then they know you really wanted.
Speaker 3: Okay, that doesn't feel like very romantic, but that.
Speaker 1: Was the first step. Okay, maybe you got or something great at another shop.
Speaker 2: I respectfully disagree with what everybody else is saying in the room.
Speaker 3: I think you're doing a great job, Gage, so keep going.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fun. And then you know, we're getting a little hungry because we've been doing that for forty five minutes an hour. So we popped down to this little local bar and grab some popcorn shrimp and had a couple of beers.
Speaker 3: N did you talk them down from the price of the shrimp.
Speaker 4: That price was firm, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: What was the like, what was the vibe between you two?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: It was cool?
Speaker 4: I mean shopping was definitely the high point. Once we sat down and we're having some dinner and drinks, it didn't quite feel as natural. The conversation was a little forced at that point. But I'm still I like her and I want to take her on a real date now, Oh.
Speaker 1: Like one you actually remember before it comes up.
Speaker 2: Oh I seen so, not like a last minute date that you just threw together.
Speaker 3: Maybe even make a reservation.
Speaker 4: Oh, whoa, Yeah, I'm willing to make a reservation.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're willing to go that far for this girl after hanging out with.
Speaker 1: Her once, she's gonna swoom. Oh yeah, this.
Speaker 4: Is the talks about it.
Speaker 2: I know you might even propose by the time we get to the end of the call.
Speaker 3: I'm scared. How long has it been since you last hung out with her?
Speaker 5: It's been a week and a half.
Speaker 1: God, if you were a pro, you'd go back to the pawn shop, get the scarf, and then bring it to the next day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm way ahead of you. I went back there to get that scarf. Oh he jacked up.
Speaker 4: The price to eighteen bucks.
Speaker 5: I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: You didn't get it, no way you thought about it. No, that's just three more dollars.
Speaker 3: He's not willing to budge.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that you know what you want and you stick to your guns, and you will go for it for nothing less than what you think it's worth.
Speaker 3: That's what we're gonna do with Ainsley here today.
Speaker 4: Now, let's focus on Ainsley, not the crummy shop where I gave a one star Reviewtube good Man.
Speaker 2: All right, well, I guarantee you that our listeners are gonna give you a five star review once we get you a second date?
Speaker 4: Is this free of charger? What do I have to pay for it?
Speaker 3: I like that you're already starting to haggle. I appreciate that about you, Gauge.
Speaker 1: I feel ten bucks.
Speaker 3: We should start, Yeah, we should start somewhere. Yeah, we're gonna start at one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: We'll meet somewhere in the middle when we come back and do your second date update right after.
Speaker 1: This, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date Update.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if a last second trip to an old pawn shop is what most women would consider a romantic experience, but hey, maybe Ainsley isn't most women. That's what we're hoping for, because we've been talking with one of our listeners, Gauge, and he admits he did not do much planning before his big date with Ainsley, so they ended up just bouncing around a local strip mall doing some antiquing, haggling over the price of old nineteen sixty scarves, which he never actually bought. So it's been a week and a half and Gauge has now reached out to us saying he would really like a redo where he promises he will definitely do more planning this time around.
Speaker 3: Yes, he even said.
Speaker 4: He may make a reservation.
Speaker 3: Why our jaws dropped.
Speaker 1: We never asked him. Did you hear anything from Ainsley after the date?
Speaker 4: Not a thing?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, Well maybe she's just busy ponn in her stuff like she drew her eyes were really open to start getting the possibility.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got the fever.
Speaker 1: Yes, look at you.
Speaker 2: I know now you have like a shared interest that carries on through the rest of your relationship.
Speaker 3: If we can get her to agree to a second date. What she picks up and she's in a pawn shop. Yeah, I'm actually in the middle of negotiate and.
Speaker 1: Gotta call you back.
Speaker 2: Yet, this might be a match made in heaven.
Speaker 3: It could be. Let's see if she even answers the phone. I'm going to dial her right now. Here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello, hey, Ainsley, this is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Oh hi, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 1: Shows here, Hi, Hi, good morning. I like your name.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: She's like my parents did. Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely approve, and we don't want to be too intrusive here anything, but we would like to ask you a few intimate details about your dating life.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, nothing too over the time.
Speaker 1: If we don't want the intimate part.
Speaker 3: We do want to pry a little bit if that's okay.
Speaker 7: But I don't know. I guess it depends.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'll just ask do you remember going out a little while ago with a guy named Gage?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, perfect, Oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Gauged has reached out to us asking if we could get a hold of you because this is a segment called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help him figure out if there's a reason why you haven't seen each other in the last week.
Speaker 3: And a half.
Speaker 7: Okay, so he wait, he called you, guys.
Speaker 2: He reached out to us, and from what we heard it sounds like, at least from the way you're acting, maybe you don't want to go out with him again. But we don't know if that's true, or if there was a problem with the date or with him.
Speaker 1: We'd love to know why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, would you mind telling us a little bit about your experience with Gage?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: I guess, well, I mean only.
Speaker 2: Because he's clueless, he doesn't know if something went wrong.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, yeah, sure, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we'll start at the strip mall. Is that where we start?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you know about that.
Speaker 6: So he gives me this address, which is a strip mall.
Speaker 1: Did you look it up before you got there or was it a surprise?
Speaker 7: No, it was a surprise. I didn't know where it was.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's and on a scale of one to ten, how romantic was that idea?
Speaker 6: Well, it was an antique shop, which is I thought kind of cute. Like it's totally different. Never been on a date at an antique shop before that was new.
Speaker 1: Was it a pawn shop or an antique shop?
Speaker 3: I think they went to bull Oh.
Speaker 7: Okay, it was the first one.
Speaker 6: Was an antique shop, which was cute. So we go in and we're like looking around for ten or fifteen minutes, and he's kind of like quirky, you know, he's got this like quirky personality and he's funny, and.
Speaker 1: Oh so you like that. That was a plus?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would fun until he's like, Hey, let's go over here across the way, there's this pawn shop over here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can find cool all that stuff at pawn shops.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I had never been to one, so I didn't know.
Speaker 6: So we go over to this pawn shop, which is very different than the antique shop vibe. Yeah, it's huge. It's like it's very big. It's you know, I'd never been in one, so I'm kind of like walking around.
Speaker 7: Trying to figure out what this place is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he he's over at the counter and like talking to some guy that works at the pawn shop. And so I realized, I've been looking at stuff for a while and he's been talking to the guy for a while. So I'm like, what is he talking about?
Speaker 7: Like what's going on?
Speaker 6: So I kind of like sneak over to see if I can hear what they're talking about because it seems kind of secretive, and I can see that he's got a ring like a woman's ring, which looks like an engagement ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those get pawned a lot, like rings and guns are really well, why.
Speaker 3: Were you trying to buy an engagement ring?
Speaker 7: He wasn't trying to buy it.
Speaker 6: I think he's trying to sell it.
Speaker 3: Oh, so the guy has.
Speaker 6: The loop and they're looking at it, and it occurs to me that we're not on a date.
Speaker 7: He's trying to sell his engagement ring.
Speaker 1: You're running an errand a really questionable Errand so why didn't you ask him? Why did you ask him? What are you doing? What was that?
Speaker 6: Because if he didn't tell me, that would be weird to ask him.
Speaker 1: Maybe you could position yourself as a potential buyer.
Speaker 2: I know Brooke is much more intrusive than most people. She'll just go up and ask any question, doesn't matter how offensive.
Speaker 1: Do you need to call out men more? If your date is pawning a ring during the date, I think you have every right to be like, yo, what's up?
Speaker 3: Did you just do that?
Speaker 2: Let's just ask him right now the book way, because he is on the other line wanting to talk to you as soon as we punched him.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, yeah, I think he's their gauge.
Speaker 7: Hi high Gage.
Speaker 5: So you didn't you didn't like antiquing.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what he's trying to not address the situation.
Speaker 2: You didn't mention anything to us about a ring at the shop.
Speaker 5: Look, it belonged to a girl that I did not end up marrying, like a year ago. It's like old news.
Speaker 6: You had a year to sell the ring, but you waited till the day of the date.
Speaker 5: I'm a busy guy.
Speaker 4: I tried to stack things together. You know I'm gonna multitask if I'm close to the pawn shop, I'm gonna take care of it.
Speaker 1: Did you think she wouldn't notice?
Speaker 4: Look, I was just trying to kill two birds with one stone.
Speaker 1: You killed both birds, though, is it problem?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Well fine, but are you saying that was a heart off?
Speaker 6: It was so weird and like, okay, even if you're gonna do that, why wouldn't you tell me or like loop me in that that's what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna ask if you wanted to try it on, because the guy was giving me a key price for it.
Speaker 5: I thought that would be even weirder.
Speaker 1: Did you imagine, Hey, will you try on my exes and cage rags if I could get a better price.
Speaker 2: Well, is saying that she just wanted that clear communication so she knew what was going on.
Speaker 1: He would you have done that? Come on?
Speaker 6: I actually honestly think I probably would have, like if I felt looped in on.
Speaker 1: It, Oh, like a body incline.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, I'm a commitment minded person.
Speaker 4: I think that's what that shows.
Speaker 3: Oh that is yeah, Gage, did you actually sell it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: He didn't want to offer me anything for it. Of course, I was trying to make enough money for dinner. I didn't want to use my credit card.
Speaker 1: That's a man who doesn't want to go into debt Ainsley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a cash man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone that can think on his feet as like the moment comes to him. So we're seeing a lot of positives from this Ainslee, and we think you should too and consider giving him another chance, because if you do, we will offer to pay for your second date.
Speaker 1: You guys might be a matchmate in heaven. Since you are a woman. You would have tried that engagement ring on and he still needs.
Speaker 3: To sell it or you can hold onto it and use it on you one day.
Speaker 7: Oh, I would like to see it. You know. Now I'm curious about his case in spring.
Speaker 4: Oh. Hey, look, I've been thinking about you for the last ten days, and I went back to that pawn shop to get that start, but the guy jacked up the price to eighteen dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: Trying to gouge me. So I didn't get it. But you've been on my mind. I'm just asking you please let me take your on a real date where I'm not pawning any jewelry.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a that's a super romantic Ainsley. We've never heard a man say that on this segment. We've done thousands of these calls, but at this point we do need a yes or no. Do you want to see Gauge one more time?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we've ever had her heart was so in that Gauge.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna impress you.
Speaker 7: You better.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is not only a ninety percent chance that she's gonna ghost you before you actually meet up, So good luck. I except I'll take those out Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And how many relationship experts always say, if a man could just communicate a little bit more, it's gonna make the relationship that much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's true.
Speaker 3: All the time. So gentlemen, don't be secretive anymore.
Speaker 2: Tell your date you want her to help you sell your ex girlfriend's belongings at the Pond store. Ye ask them to model that engagement ring.
Speaker 1: It sounds nuts, but it would have worked with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do that and she will love you forever. That is what I've learned from today's call.
Speaker 1: I mean, she didn't say whether or not she'd want to cut though. I mean, if you're going to be the model and you're gonna help the sale, I'm just saying there's probably a percentage that should be thrown. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And a cut of money is the start to any healthy.
Speaker 3: Relationship, That's right.
Speaker 1: Jeff Monday Dating.
Speaker 2: I love that we're doing this service for the world and all the daters out there. So if you want to get in on this action, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates. We have them up on our podcast. Wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey