Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bachler Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe and I'm Serena and.
Speaker 1: We are here today with our lovely guest, Lettia. Welcome to Bachelor Happy Hour.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I'm doing well. I'm at work. I'm in my office, so that's why there's such a gorgeous tropical landscape behind me.
Speaker 1: And what do you do?
Speaker 3: I We're going to venture capital firm in Salt Lake City. We invest in tech startup companies, so mostly software.
Speaker 1: Can you give us any good investments? Is that allowed?
Speaker 3: We invest in the private markets, so unless you are an accredited investor, not really Robin Hood. Really that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, you're in Salt Lake City?
Speaker 4: Are you all up in with the Mormon wives and the housewives and Hake?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I just finished it this weekend. I'm gobsmacked. I'm floored. I'm like eating up every single second of it, and they like just keep giving us more because they're all so online and they're all doing their press tour right now, so I'm like gobbling it up.
Speaker 2: I love it. I know, I'm so entertaining. It is. It's really good it's really it's.
Speaker 3: The best show. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I went to Park City in March for like two nights for a brand trip and hey, it's beautiful. Like I'm dying to go back, but I really wanted to go to Swig, which for those listening is like they're iconic soda shops.
Speaker 2: And I didn't make it. I didn't have time, but I had to come back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are yeah, like like soda that they like, they like make soda, right, we put more sugar in it, more sugar. Yeah, but it's like it's like natural sugar, right, sugarcane or is it?
Speaker 2: They have the fun flavor. It's like you know, cumps of stuff.
Speaker 4: It's like making like a mocktail, but with only like soda, and you had coconut cream and it's like all this cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, because if you're Mormon, you you're not supposed to drink alcohol, correct, alcohol, no caffeine either, right, anything that can.
Speaker 3: Be addictive we're supposed to stay away from. So it's like even like lifestyle like gambling or like, you know, anything that is habit forming and kind of inhibits your freedom to choose and like your you know, agency we're encouraged to stay away from. I have for sure dabbled and some of the you know, things we're not supposed to do. I have caffeine, I have my uptimes every morning, but I try to, you know, do my best. I think it's not even a religious thing as much as it's like a wellbeing thing. Like I don't think that anyone can argue that. I don't think there's any religion that encourages drinking copious amounts of alcohol, you know what I mean, Like it's just kind of self care, looking after yourself. There's science that backs it up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean there's so much now that's coming. I feel like the especially like the younger generation, is drinking so much less because there's just so much more on social media that we're exposed to that's showing that, like drinking is like even like two drinks a week will mess up your sleep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I have the or ring now and just seeing if I have like two glasses of wine, even if it's at like five six pm, the amount of time it takes from my heart rate to drop to its lowest point, which is what you want when you're sleeping, Like you want that to happen in the first half of your sleep, and if you have like two drinks, that usually doesn't happen until like six am.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, wow, this.
Speaker 4: Is crazy because I feel like I'll be like, oh, I'm stressed, like I'm gonna have a glass of wine try to like relax, but it's not actually helping. I don't know the size. There's just so much more science now than their aver hasmen. I feel like round alcohol, Oh totally. And those glucose monitors. I want to do one of those this summer.
Speaker 3: To those that they just it's like I think they're similar to what people with diabetes. Square at the monitor your gluecoast and just see what foods your blood sugar spikes too, and like how long it takes your body to kind of regulate your glucose levels.
Speaker 2: Oh so interesting.
Speaker 3: I'm scared because after you learn that info, then you have to eat when you're like conscious of it. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So Like I have a friend who her doctors like you might be gluten intolerant, like you might be have an issue with gluten.
Speaker 2: She's like, I won't be getting tested for that, Like I don't. I don't want to know. Yeah, She's like, I'll just suffer if that's.
Speaker 1: The well, I never eat like I never eat like sub sandwiches anymore because I know I don't want to ever eat lunch eat anymore.
Speaker 4: I know you're a little extreme sometimes, but I mean, yeah, it's hard once you learn the information to forget it and look past it. Sometimes when you know something's not good for you that you've like thought is good for you.
Speaker 1: Should we talk about some Bachelor stuff. How did you You had a great time, lovely ending to the season. Now, how how did you get.
Speaker 3: So? I had a friend I don't know if you guys know Kiki worked on the show. She was a handler, yes, so much in college?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no way, that's crazy. She was a handler on my season of The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: And then when we're on Paradise.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, she's the best. So I was reminked with her in college when she was working on the Bachelor. She's like, you got to do it like you would, you know, And at the time I was dating someone or was scared, and so just last summer I was talking to her and she was like, I mean, you should still do it, like you should try because I was complaining about dating, and so I was like, Okay, we'll just send it see how it goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that was that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like at the end of the casting process. I think it was like later in the summer, and so I feel lucky because I didn't have to wait like I think some people applied in like February and it's like a long waiting game and you guys know, like you don't know that you're going till you know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I was in the same boat as you.
Speaker 4: I literally applied and was cast like a month later and then was like flying out, which was kind of a blessing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly What did you think when Grant was announced? He was he your type?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I love like tall, goofy bros. Like tall, goofy, sporty bros. That's my type.
Speaker 1: Well you think Grant gives off goofy.
Speaker 2: A little bit?
Speaker 1: Oh well, that's interesting. See he comes across very serious.
Speaker 4: To me when he comes on the podcast. He's definitely more serious, but I feel like he's in.
Speaker 2: Like bachelor pr mode.
Speaker 1: Okay, totally.
Speaker 4: He's not giving off that like playful side. He's like more cautious of what he says.
Speaker 3: I think he's like goofy. I don't even mean goofy like like he's like funny with his jokes. I mean like he's just kind of like goofy, like like his feet are too big or like like he's just kind of like harmless. I guess, like non threatening is like like Teddy yeah yeah, yeah, like just like approachable and like a normal guy, like he's not trying to like right uptight.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't. I don't don't like I think I think, yeah.
Speaker 2: But you're a different kind of goofy.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying, Like I think like Grant just doesn't give me that. But I don't know.
Speaker 4: But like if I'm at a bar and I'm looking at Grant and I'm looking at you the as a woman, there's a different approachableness, there's a different energy that's being put out there.
Speaker 3: I don't know, and I don't know if this really came through, but like you, we would be walking somewhere and we would have to like stop and like this is what we're doing today, or you know that kind of stuff. He would blow past his mark every time and just kind of like all shut like and I was I would have to like I'm like, where are we supposed to stop? Like okay, and then I would just do it so we don't have to do it a bunch of times or like during my whole little space like move and right exactly. Yeah, just like kind of so I don't know if goofy is the right word, but just kind of like a yeah, a little bit, yeah totally.
Speaker 4: What was your dating in life like before you went on the Bachelor, what was your relationship history.
Speaker 3: I had had a couple long term relationships. I am a relationship girl, So I hate dating. I don't like meeting people like in a dating sense, just it's a lot of pressure and anxiety and so and it takes me like a long time to really like be interested in someone. And so it's I'm typically a slow burn type of a girl. Not on the show, but that's like how I am typically.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you kind of like you like to invest in one person if you think it's gonna go somewhere, really like focus on that relationship.
Speaker 3: Be friends first, and like get to know each other's friends and spend time together getting to know each other.
Speaker 1: So, like most of us, you kind of like step out of your comfort zone and you go on this dating show. What were your biggest reservations before going on or did you have any?
Speaker 3: I mean probably all the usual suspects, like getting canceled or looking stupid that I was gonna cry, or like I would have to be in a dramatic situation and you know, put in an unflattering light, like I think just being observed is. I was just scared of that because you know, I like I watch reality shows. I see the comment sections, and you know, people are people are harsh, and you don't really have control over other people obviously, but then also you know how it's portrayed, and even that is different than how people perceive it, you know, So I think that was a new thing. Like specifically on TikTok this season, it's been a lot of people like commentating of like this is what producers want us to think, but I know that this is what was really going on and stuff, and it's like you're wrong, Like that's not true at all.
Speaker 4: Like how could you you were never a producer on the show.
Speaker 2: You never also were on the show.
Speaker 3: We're a producer on the show last season? You weren't there, Like you weren't there. You don't know what was going on, you know, Yeah, it's like they're condensing like everything that happened, you know, hundreds of hours of footage into like two hours.
Speaker 4: Of like see speculation where you're like, oh, that's actually I was different.
Speaker 3: I don't know everything that happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, totally, just fear of the unknown.
Speaker 3: I'm a planner. I like knowing how things are going to turn out, and I can, you know, typically anticipate how things are generally going to go, and so that was definitely a leap of faith.
Speaker 2: Did you watch the show before you went on it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, I had seen seasons before. I wasn't like a religious watcher. If I liked the lead or liked any of the contestants, particularly like I would always you know, the first episode is so fun to watch, just like what everyone wears and their engineces and kind of get a sense of everything and the message, and I keep watching. But I dabbled a little bit before.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite parts or what were you pleasantly surprised about once you got on the show, The experience and like going through it.
Speaker 3: I think the girls I hit it off with almost everyone on Night one and I feel like I got closer to a lot of the girls pretty early on and so and there who you spend most of your time with. So it was like if I didn't feel close to them, or if I didn't have them to kind of like rely on and commiserate a little bit with, I don't know that I could have done it. I feel like we really looked out. I really lucked out. I really liked everyone.
Speaker 2: Who are you closest with? Would you say?
Speaker 3: I'm probably closest with Dina, Serafina, Alex and Natalie.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, we saw you. Dina and Sarafina were in Chicago together, right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, with Karsa we went like right after AFR, I think, yeah, yeah, it seems like forever going out. But that was so fun. Yeah, oh that was the best. Chicago was so fun.
Speaker 1: I love it that.
Speaker 2: It's a good city. Yeah, his hometown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, my friend Oh that's right. Yeah, my cousin's actually friends with Dinah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I listened to her episode and yeah, I heard you guys put that together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what has so like? Everybody listening to this definitely watched your finale and knows what happened what's been going on post show? Have you step back in the dating world at all?
Speaker 3: A little bit, not a ton. I've been traveling a bunch, and I feel like I am up against my same issues that I had before coming of just meeting people. It's tough.
Speaker 4: You know, are you something that would be open to moving for love or are you really hoping to find someone in Salt Lake City or would be willing to move to Salt Lake City.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm definitely open to moving. I think, especially early on in our relationship. I just thought that with Grant too. I think it's like very helpful for like a relationship or like a marriage to be kind of a satellite and kind of you don't have like it's not lopsided in terms of support. I guess that you just have each other to rely on. It like brings you closer. That's what my parents had. My dad was in the Air Force, and it brought us closer as a family too. So I think eventually I'd always want to have like a home base in Utah for which if that's my you know, family's house or whatever, that we always are coming and visiting. That's great. I love Utah. It's amazing. I like and I have a good network of support here, but I'm definitely open to moving.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you in Grant on good terms now or is it just like kind of a relationship that's non existent?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do you Standwich Grand Juliana today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have a relationship with Grant. I don't. I think we kind of hashed it all out. I don't think there's anything else to really chat about, but like I don't have I'm I'm on good terms with him, Like I don't have any ill Will like I you know, want him to be happy, wish him the best, and yeah, same with Juliana.
Speaker 2: Mhm. Has anything that they've said since the show ended surprised you?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course, yeah yeah again. Yeah, but I but that's fair, you know, on their part. And I think I never said anything intentionally with like ill Will towards either of them. I just was sharing my experience and they're, you know, they can share their experience. I don't. I don't think it has been surprising. I think just mostly because it's only been publicly, like there was never any attempt to kind of like clear the air privately. But that was just like a good indicator, you know, to me what our friendship meant, you know, which is totally fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's always like yeah, yeah, I don't know. I feel like that's something that people should do, is like talk privately before air and everything out publicly. But you know, everybody moves differently.
Speaker 3: I think too, Like, you know, you can't control the questions that you're asked, and I think a lot of the surprising things came as a response to a question, and I do want to give them a little bit of grace because it's their first time navigating it, and you know, you don't always know the effect or the impact that your words will have in a group of people until you know you're in the middle of it. And so I definitely regret anything that I said or did that fueled negativity towards anyone, because I think that's not that was never my intention, And it's hard. It's a blurry line, I think now I'm learning this. It's a blurry line between sharing your experience and then kind of you have to filter it a little bit because there are people who will take your words and use it as fuel to like spread hate against someone.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, that's That's that's a good point because like even like thinking back to like when I got off the show, and like you do these podcasts and these interviews and you're so new to it and you're and you're also nervous. Like I remember going into so many interviews just being nervous and like almost like half blacking out, where I could literally have said anything and my intentions were never to hurt anyone, but it's just like more.
Speaker 4: Like something said with like snark or sarcasm, and like that ends up getting taken out of context is always possible to but speaking of you know, saying things that end up blowing up, did you expect your breakup? I mean your like tone switch and everything in the common now, Like I have friends that like didn't even watch the season that are like out here like quoting you, and I'm like, you don't watch the show, and they're like, yeah, no, it's all over my TikTok.
Speaker 2: It's like icoic that.
Speaker 3: Is no, it's so bizarred. You know, I don't remember saying it. Like I remember talking to producers after the show after we had stopped filming. It was probably like a month after filming, and they called me and were just talking to it and like they had they were obviously in the minutia of like editing the finale and all of that, and they kept saying it to me, and I was like, what are they talking about. They're like, that's such a Latia thing that you could sing that, and I'm like, I don't remember ever saying that, Like I don't remember, but I think the as far as the tone switch up, that was like something that I did not expect, because anyone that knows me very well was not surprised at all by my reaction. Like everyone was like, yeah, that's how that was going to go, Like, yeah, if she is faced with, you know, that situation and like those circumstances, like that's exactly how that was going to go. No one was surprised then, knows me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess that just speaks to like, you know, we watch reality TV and you really only get to see such a small part of people because like, had that breakup not happen, like no one would have access to like seeing that side of you, and like totally you know, it's just that reminder that like you're really only seeing how people respond to the situations that they're put in, and if they're not putting certain situations, you're not going to see the sides of them.
Speaker 3: You're only seeing like I mean, imagine you're on a first date with someone like for a lot of this season, that's about as much time as you have spent with him, you know, and so you want to put your best foot forward, but you also want to be intentional and make the most of your time. And I think, like I mean, to be honest, like at the beginning, it really is just like rainbows and butterflies because you're so like you said, like you black out a little bit from like the cameras and the lights in the situation and making them out like the you know, the pressure, but and just getting to know that person and also putting your best foot forward and worrying about being observed. There's like all those things that go into it. And so that's, yeah, that's a lot of it I think was. And then of course I had feelings and so you know, and I like I felt so much like compassion for him and like the things that he opened up about, and so it definitely brought out like a very soft, like nurturing side of me because of like the nature of the conversations that we were having.
Speaker 2: Do you have any regrets from your time on the show?
Speaker 1: Know that's good? Was was Paradise uh an easier or hard no for you? Because a lot of people, a lot of people definitely wanted to see more of you and wanted to wanted to see you, I'm assuming have a successful love story. What was that decision?
Speaker 3: Like, I want to see it too, I'm right there with them, But I think given the timing of it, I didn't know, honestly, Like the way that everything happened after everything aired is really what was the most off putting thing for me was like I can come into this and have good intentions and I can do my best and be vulnerable and open up and all the rest of it, and I can, you know, get tricked. And then the other part of it is I think the most hurtful part for me about all of it was the stuff that was said afterwards, and that was very fresh in my mind when we were talking about Paradise, and so I was just like, I'm still getting like, you know, hateful messages because of the things that have been said, and so I just wasn't really like eager or anxious to get back into and there were people that got so much more than I did. And I feel very blessed because I have felt very supported. But I think just at that time, there was a spike in like negative comments, and I was like, you know, experiencing it for the first time, I was like, oh, I don't know if I'm ready to, you know, sign back up for this again. And I didn't know how open I would be able to be, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's like, you know, and that's something I've I had like a like you know, friends and relatives. I'd be like, oh, I want to go on the show, and I'm like, well, there is a part of you that has to be okay, like you are going to like it doesn't make like you. So many people loved you. I would say ninety eight percent of the people that watch the show loved you. But there's that two percent that you are going to get hate from and it's going to be hard to read. Like it's it's tough. Never really, I think everybody experiences something in their life but like not really knowing, like never getting online hate and then all of a sudden You're like, flood, what did this person just say about me? Like what is this really happening right now? So, yeah, it's it's it's tough, so I get it.
Speaker 4: For I feel like timing is everything, and I feel like it's you know, Paradise is always so enticing and tempting and it can be such an amazing time.
Speaker 3: But I definitely have bomo, like I know the tea, and I like want to I like I miss you know, my friends and all that, but like that's not why you go to Paradise, you know, to hang out with your friends to know the tea. It's you know, you need to be more intentional, and yeah, you'd.
Speaker 1: Be surprised er I would say, that's why about seventy five send the people down there are there.
Speaker 3: And maybe they share It's like I don't want to go through that either, like trying to figure out who's here for to be on TV again and who's here to meet me and all the rest of it.
Speaker 4: And so are there any of your friends that you're hoping like ooh I could see her with the sky or any predictions.
Speaker 3: I think it's hard because I just know online personas of all the guys. Right, I've never met any of them, but Andrew seems really funny and fun like a good time and so not to like pit my friends against each other, but Alex and Bailey specifically, I think would both be like I would love to see their dynamic with him because it'd be like funny and fun to watch because they're both just like silly, goofy, and I think that's what I've seen from him, So I'm like, I hope that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actually we've heard Alex Alex's name thrown out, but Bailey and Andrew.
Speaker 2: I think that's a fun prediction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've made some friendships through people in Bachtoration, like Katie who was on your season and Charity.
Speaker 2: Well Katie who came down and you did my chat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah did your chat. Have you been hanging out with them lately?
Speaker 3: I haven't lately. I talked to them pretty frequently, like I talked to probably Katie and Charity the most, Very Mercedes, all of them, Jess, Gabby, they're all great, Like we have some group chats that pop up every once in a while. But I Bachelor is good at casting soul of girls. I will say that, like all like pretty much all of them that I've met I love and want to be friends with genuinely. So I feel really lucky. That's like such a huge win that I was not expecting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely have you. We saw you. You hung out with Kendall Jenner at Coachella. How did that happen?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that was so random. I how did that happen? She watches the show, She watches.
Speaker 2: Bachelor Bachelor fans, all the Kardashians, and.
Speaker 3: So we I got invited to like her brand did a did a party at Coachella, and I got invited and so did Alex and so we were like, oh my gosh, like we're gonna go. This is so cool. We got invited, you know. And then right yeah, and then when we were like, I think we were just like standing there and Kendall came up to us and was like, oh my gosh. And that was the most surreal thing totally. I was like, why this is a dream. This is like not, this is not real. But yeah, she like, you know, had just watched the finale and that was insane, and like Hayley was there and she had watched and that was so surreal. But it was also at the time when there was this spike in negativity. It was like when everyone was doing podcasts, and so I got to ask them about like I was like, how do you guys deal with this? This is like insane? And they gave me great advice and that was surreal, and they are then like nicest, most normal people. I can't, like, I can't fathom. It didn't feel real because they were so normal, Like I felt like they were just like a girl that I met, you know what I mean, yeah they gave you or no, oh yeah, they just I mean, it's pretty. It's funny. They both said it separately, like it was in different conversations, but they both said don't look at it. But obviously we still see it, but don't look at it. So it's just like.
Speaker 4: It's usually our advice too, Yeah, just like just don't look, don't go don't like you it's gonna cross your desk, and like, but don't go searching it out because you will always find something you don't want to see.
Speaker 3: And I think another one is just like, as much as you can, don't engage with it, like because it just kind of like fans the flames and like breathes new life into it, and so obviously when it grows legs of its own and it like there's a point where it needs to be addressed. But I think like as much as you can, don't look at it and try not to engage with it.
Speaker 1: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great advice.
Speaker 1: So you're you're you're moved on living your life. You don't go to paradise. You said you've been dating a little bit. What has that been like.
Speaker 3: A lot?
Speaker 2: Like, you know, it's just any d ms, any hobbies and the d ms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably, yeah, some.
Speaker 1: What does a DM look like?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What if you messages?
Speaker 1: What's a guy? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Why are you When are you engaging in that conversation?
Speaker 3: When it's funny?
Speaker 4: Okay, when it's clever, Yeah, like you can tell them you give it a little like thought to it.
Speaker 3: It's not just like hey, yeah there was one. My favorite one was like I heard that you're into immature guys, So that's fun I'm shooting my shot. That was funny. Another one like knew my taco bell order from an Instagram story that I had posted and he like sent it to me and like a few months later, after it, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, something personalized. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: That can also come across a little stockersh.
Speaker 4: But we just finished there's a line you know yeah, and it was like intense.
Speaker 3: To me that. Yeah, the stockersh is like when it's incessant, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or there's like multiple messages that's like if it's like they keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I'm just repeating what you said. But yeah.
Speaker 4: On this podcast where I'll just like repeat something he said or like repeat something someone else said and like reward it.
Speaker 2: So that's my homework to not do that.
Speaker 3: And by the way, like that only goes for men, Like I love it when I hear from like those are my girls. Yeah, like oh my gosh, I'm sorry I didn't see your other messages like let's chat.
Speaker 2: But yeah it's tally.
Speaker 3: I feel fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah I agree.
Speaker 1: And then going into the summer, any any trips planned anything upcoming?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's next?
Speaker 3: I'm going to Europe in August and September, so I or yeah, I think that's probably when I'll end up going. Yeah, I don't have it. I think you're gonna go to Croatia.
Speaker 2: Okay, So exciting.
Speaker 4: I always wanted to go there my sister and said it was like incredible.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. I think it's fully shut down in August, so keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: What do you mean they like close, Well, it's like that's all Europe, that's like season. I thought, yeah, no, like Europe, Like it's definitely no. I think that's incorrect information.
Speaker 3: I can see like I could see like October like a shoulder season season. It's not like coastal for sure, but it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't like why would they shut down? I could be super wrong, and I hope I am.
Speaker 3: You're dealing with surge pricing and August surge pricing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice, Yeah, all right, well, Letia, thank you so much for coming on, thanks for having me of.
Speaker 1: Course, thank you for coming on, and and thank you to our listeners for tuning in to Better Happy Hour. Make sure you download and subscribe to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for listening. We will have more exclusive interviews coming your way. Bye