Speaker 1: Now Jaguars played on Thursday night this week. That means we had a free weekend. What do you guys do on a Sunday when you don't have DAGs football?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: I was traveling cause I went through the Navy Air Force game on Saturday for my son's official.
Speaker 2: Recruit in business.
Speaker 4: Any Actually, for the first time in years, I actually did watch football.
Speaker 5: All day Sunday, So that was the it was on Sunday. There you go.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Jags am here on this Monday as we get ready to look back a little bit at Thursday night football, but also we get to kind of preview the week ahead, and we had a weekend off.
Speaker 2: Which was nice.
Speaker 1: I know, you guys traveling a little bit enjoyed football. Maybe would you Jags fans got to watch Red Zone. I went to Connecticut for a little bit to see some family and then I missed a little Red Zone time because I was in the airport.
Speaker 2: But I did get back and get into it.
Speaker 1: Cause it's always nice to kind of just sit on the couch and you know, not be fully invested, but still kind of pay attention to everything. Right, It's to be a little bit of a fan.
Speaker 3: The great thing about Red Zone is I got home in time for the second set of games, but I felt like I saw every game because they kept going to showing highlights. Right when you watch red Zone, you feel as if you saw everything. Even though you didn't see every play of every game, you feel like you saw.
Speaker 1: Enough, definitely, and it's a feature we unfortunately not unfortunately fortunately for us because we get to cover the team we don't get to take part in always, so it's always fun when we get to do that. But the Jags were in primetime on Thursday. We're gonna start with our big things. Our first big thing is prime time because they were under the lights in New Orleans in that Thursday night matchup, and maybe it wasn't exactly going to a game plan, but they did get the win, and Trevor talked about, you know, it didn't go to plan, but they did get.
Speaker 6: To w and I just think it was good for our team today. You know, we kind of we jumped on them early and it looked like we could maybe run away with it and put them away, and that's what we were all thinking.
Speaker 3: That's what I also opening for, or.
Speaker 5: Maybe I can get out a little early and.
Speaker 6: You can get a lead and you know it's it's NFL don't really work like that usually, so they come storming back and it put us in a position where we had to make plays down the stretch. And that's that's something that builds your team is when you see guys and make the plays when they have to, and we score when we have to, and the defense gets a stop on fourth down when they have to. It's game on the line that builds confidence in their team more than blowing a team out. So you know, that was cool to see, and that was cool to be a part of, and just the overall belief in each other that we that we have right now.
Speaker 3: So it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Huge.
Speaker 1: Rian Turvy's talking a little bit about, oh maybe this is a game where we can get out to a lead early. I can get out of the game, you know, because I'm dealing with the NY thing.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: Things never go to plans. So what did you learn about the team?
Speaker 3: Well, I forget about the plan in short week. You know, third game and what thirteen days getting to win? It's the plan. And what you learn is that there is a depth a resiliency to this team that they can have some success and then see some of that success erod to the second half and still with you know, three p forty three or whatever was on the clock, make a play, you know, with thirteen seconds left, make a play in the end zone. They had enough in the tank when quite honestly, it's not out of out of a reasonable expectation that the tank would be empty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys are gonna get tired of hearing it today.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a pretty win.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess the way I see Thursday night football is there is no plan, no matter when you play it.
Speaker 5: If you watch any Thursday night games, teams never look like they look in other games. In those games.
Speaker 4: It is not a great setup for seeing quality football. I understand the money part of it, but I think most coaches look at it like, look, we're gonna throw the kitchen sink at this one, and if we come out with a win, we're ecstatic. So I thought the fact that they won, I can't all week long, or the three days long. I kept saying, as long as you win, this is a really, really impressive win. So that they got it, I'm not going to go back on that and say, oh, I didn't like the way the offense played in the second half. They've won four straight, four different stadiums.
Speaker 2: You know, nineteen days. I think they said.
Speaker 3: Three cities, two continent, six time zones.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, if you're a Jags fan, it didn't get any better than that, Nope, anything.
Speaker 1: Considering the conditions on Thursday as well, I was more surprised some of the good things they were doing right, because I was repecting they'd find a way, but I was more surprised how well they did early on. Our second big thing this week is going to be the comeback. Now necessarily the Saints comeback, but the comeback the Jags have had these last four games. As we mentioned, they've been one of the best teams in football, at least from what we've seen, and they haven't even hit their stride yet. Christian Kirk talked a little bit about what this team's been able to do lately.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I think it shows a lot about the character, the professionalism in our room, not shying away from adversity. You know, before we went over to London, you know, we're pretty down on ourselves, but all it took it was just us kind of bending together, growing even closer and just all we needed was one and we knew, you know, the flood games had kind of open. So I like where we're at right now. Like I said, we definitely have a lot of work to do, but the fact that we're able to turn around and you know, play four games in nineteen days and be able to be on you know, four no is says a lot about our team.
Speaker 1: Christian is certainly one of the leaders in the locker room John, but just the mentality of this team, it feels different because you know, when they were in that stretch with the Chiefs and the Texans game, it's almost like they were just so stressed and like they felt like they couldn't win, and now it feels like we'll find a way.
Speaker 4: Well, I think there's an element too when you're in a stretch like that, you're trying to figure out what's going on. And I think maybe as much as anything during that time, sometimes in the NFL you lose. The last team to go in to feed it was fifty years ago and that's not walked through the door again. So I I guess I just look at this team every email I get, it seems right now is trying to find the flaw. Everybody's trying to outsmart themselves. They've won four straight games. They haven't trailed in the second half in any of those games. In the NFL, you know, I keep getting emails about way they can't protect leads.
Speaker 3: They haven't trailed exactly.
Speaker 5: They haven't trailed.
Speaker 4: The only time they trailed was three to nothing against the Colts and they hadn't had the ball yet. You can't protect leads better than this team is protecting them right now. It's professional football. When you're up fifteen in the second half, you know it's gonna happen. Sometimes sometimes you're gonna get tied. And they responded to that, well, Terrek Brown, Look.
Speaker 5: It's not perfect, but it's sort of my hot take. Yeah, I'm working, I.
Speaker 3: Am locked good. I mean mount Terrek Brown, who struggled mightily against the Colts, came back and made the play that sealed the win. A yeah, no, no, no doubt. He made a couple of plays. He made a couple of plays. But so my take on this at this point, Kay and John we talked about it. You know, there was this sense the jack was just kind of pick up where they left off last year, and they'd be better than they were at the end of last year because they had Calvin Ridley and the offense was ready to soar, and it didn't start that way. So what we have as a team that's evolving still right, they didn't play great football at the end of last year. What they did was find a way to win games at the end. You know, they remember they were down twenty seven to seven at the half. They needed that big play from ray Sean and Josh to beat the Titans to even get to the playoffs. So I think when we look back where therever the season ends, I think we'll look at this stretch, you know, from London to New Orleans, as we talked about, you know, three cities, sports stadiums, six time zones, two continents. We'll look at this as that point where evolution changes. And that's my hot take. So I don't want to go too far on it other than to say that where they are right now from where they were when they left for London is dramatically different, and it's really impressive.
Speaker 1: I think one of the most impressive things is they kind of do it a little bit differently in every game. Obviously, the defense has been very consistent, but they find ways to make things work. Gritty not pretty, if you will. Is our final big thing this week for a Lulliican try to describe exactly what this team is.
Speaker 5: That's that's who we are as this team.
Speaker 1: Bro like.
Speaker 8: We ain't got no Hollywood people on this team. We're all gritty, Like I'm saying, we're fighters. Trevor coming out and fighting for us. We're gonna fight for him, fight for our by the next year us. I appreciate him, saw him that every drive when he started running and stuff. I said, dang, you know, I gotta start going and I came here, took a five hundreds. Yes, I gotta do more.
Speaker 5: And I appreciate him.
Speaker 8: I appreciate everybody real.
Speaker 1: Trevor with that knee injury was one of our big stories this week. Him going out and playing and playing the way he did inspired his teammates. Many of them will tell you that what does that mean to and how does that bring a team together?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Well, when you have the quarterback right and you heard Jonathan Allen yesterday in the locker room, you know when Washington lost to New York talking about, you know, seven years of this stuff. He didn't use the word stuff. If you heard it. They have a quarterback and they don't have anybody that can rally around, and so you got the defense against the offense. Look, everybody here in Jacksonville can rally around this quarterback. They know they've got their guy. It helps lift every one's level of performance when you have someone like that. And I think it bears saying, John, when you think you know, gritty not pretty?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Was Kansas City pretty yesterday?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Kansas City was not pretty yesterday? Was Philadelphia pretty yesterday?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Philadelphia wasn't pretty yesterday. I'm not sure that we're going to see that from San Francisco tonight. Maybe the only pretty offense yesterday. The pretty team was the Ravens, and they weren't pretty the last time they were out. And that's just the league. It's a gritty league. John talked about, you know, having a lead and holding it in the fourth quarter. Who cares whether it's ugly or not. If you hold it, you win.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think this team's world's better than it was late last year. I'm worked up.
Speaker 3: Do you want to take a break so you can get ready for your hot take?
Speaker 2: Anyone to calm down, John, did you get.
Speaker 5: Well, it's late last year.
Speaker 4: In the last six of their last eight games, they had to come from a touchdown down to win. This team has trailed by a total of three points in four games.
Speaker 5: Where is it not better? I mean it's you are.
Speaker 4: Not gonna have games in the NFL very often where they're like Trevor was sort of talking about in his presser, where you get up and you're thirty eight to seventeen, you're kneeling on the ball at the end. It's such a league of plays and moments that if you get that fourteen point lead, I thought, Doug a little bit, you know, Oh, they took the foot off the gas. You played percentages to try to get the win. They never trailed. The Saints tied them, then they played good defense, and then they went down and made the play of the game.
Speaker 5: At the end. That's how you build playoff pushes, is wins like that.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna come back a little bit.
Speaker 1: We won't go over full highlights, but some of our game changing moments, some of the top plays from Thursday Night Football. Welcome back, Sign up your free friend for the Jaguars Official four Legged Band Club for Pats presented by for That's Animal Hospital. Your pet will receive access to exclusive merchandise events in sweepstakes throughout the twenty twenty three season to the Jaguars dot Com Slash Promotions Slash four Legged Band Club for you to sign up today. Welcome back to Jags am Here, presented by Carshield and the Hundai Studios.
Speaker 2: And we've had a weekend off. We're very refreshed.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you guys have seen all the highlights and if you stayed up late, you saw it live and all the drama that went down in New Orleans. But we're gonna go over some of the key moments for us and things that will probably remember long past this week. And I think the first one's got to be Foya Lucan getting his pick six his first touchdown, he said, since high school, because he didn't have one in college and it hasn't had one so far in the NFL, because it's definitely not an easy thing to get in the NFL. But John he's been everywhere, He's led the league and tackles two years in a row.
Speaker 2: And what does he mean to this defense?
Speaker 4: Well, he's really really important. I think he's got to shot the Pro Bowl this year, I think so. I think this plays a big reason why because of the dynamic provo voting. This play isn't why he's great. He's really really good because he's so consistent tackling.
Speaker 5: You trust him implicitly. But he's won.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's been the leading tackler two years in a row. I think he's got a really good chance to do it again. A primetime play like this, all of a sudden gets your name out there a little more.
Speaker 5: So this could be what catapults him there. And if it does, he's.
Speaker 4: A really really productive player. He's the kind of guy that deserves to go to the Probo once twice in his career.
Speaker 3: And he's better than he was last year. I mean he has. He came in. He led the Falcons in his final season in Atlanta in tackles and led the league in tackles with Atlanta, and he came right in and he did the same thing last year. But there were some there were some moments where he missed and tackles last year. I haven't seen him miss it tackle this year. Even when he's he's the guy that's knocking his legs out underneath and grabbing for someone else to pull him down. He makes the play. Anytime you see twenty three, he makes the play.
Speaker 5: You get the idea.
Speaker 4: I haven't really talked to foy about this, but I would guess that he is able to play a little faster a being in the scheme an extra year, and I think Devin Lloyd is much more aware now. Yeah, I don't think Foye has to make up for that the way you do with any rookie.
Speaker 5: So I think that's helping Foye.
Speaker 3: I would guess when you talk about free agent signings, you know he is as good as you could find. Christian Kirk was big, Say Jones was big, or Robertson Harris's turn out to be good. Evan yeah, Evan was yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Now, there's a lot of options.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this guy's as good as a free agent as they've had in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: I think he's great as well because he makes others better, right, just leadership alone, the trust factory you have to have. On defense, you can tell the people around him are getting better because of his influence.
Speaker 3: Well, and he plays right. He's a middle linebacker and he's leading your team to tackles. I mean, those guys get banged up. It's always there's an injury report. He's always on the practice field. He's exactly the kind of guy you want leading your defense and on your salary cap because you get what you pay for.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, another big play, although you wouldn't know from what Alan Michael's call of it was, was Christian Kirk's go ahead touchdown late Just to see what he's been able to do. Obviously his connection with Trevor, but just he said he doesn't think he's ran that fast sins College maybe, but just to get around and find the end zone on that one was pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: Well, look, they are an offense run There's been so much talk about White and Calvin really get the ball well because they have players like this to also get the ball.
Speaker 5: This was a huge play at a huge moment.
Speaker 4: It sort of goes back to what you were talking about, Brian, Christian Kirk, Puya Lua Khan Zay Jones. What struck you last year was that these guys felt like they had been with this franchise their whole career.
Speaker 5: The day they walked in the door.
Speaker 4: You're so used to their jag Wars players, their core players. Christian Kirk is just ultra reliable, ultra smart. He's the kind of guy you sort of expect to make plays like this. It was an outstanding play. And I'll go back to what I was saying about the offense. Everybody's talking right now about what the offense isn't. The offense made huge plays laid against Buffalo to win that game. They made a huge play to win this game. They made a huge play to win the Colts game in Week one. Worry about what they're doing in big moments more than what if they're sporadic in the third quarter. They're making plays when they happen. This was a huge play that for years this team didn't make. Everybody forgets about this because they went X of X on third downs.
Speaker 5: Big plays in big moments.
Speaker 3: Do you remember on opening Day in Indianapolis when Christian Kirk was a complete non factor, right, I mean everyone Calvin Ridley got all the balls. Well, here we are and Christian Kirk. Christian Kirk is that guy. And you would expect that if on Sunday in Pittsburgh he has two catches for thirty six yards, he'll be the same guy. Even postgame locker room than he was after the win in New Orleans. He is a tremendous person as well as a tremendous player. And you know, you just you got to give the general manager and the head coach a lot of credit for the players that they brought in here last year because for this offense to be performing at such a high level, even without performing at this high level as we expect them to, but what they've done the last four weeks, Christian Kirk is an excellent example of a guy who's overpaid right right, I.
Speaker 1: Mean attitude attitude alone, not to mention what he does in the field, because when you see some of these other players, Stefan Diggs smashing tablets, you see Derek Karkhan out his offensive coordinator to fact to not have that drama and gone through what they've gone through, that can do a lot.
Speaker 3: He and the quarterback clearly have a special relationship worth every penny.
Speaker 4: Well the chemistry there, and then we're moving on the smashing tablets and you get the idea that Zay and Christian and I think out and fits into this pretty well for being a new guy. Evan, if one of them smashed the tablet. The other three'd big, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Like it would be so out of place that it would be weird. So I think they'd be uncomfortable doing it because it would sort of make you look like, come on now, that's not what we do here, which is cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the less a term because they have no less Pretty great.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's also talk about that goal line stand. We got to give Buster Brown or Monteric Brown his shout out because he was.
Speaker 2: Getting thrown at.
Speaker 1: The ball was going his way a lot, but he came up big when he needed to in the end there. And I know there was that one touchdown drop right beforehand, but that whole goal line stand, I mean, they held what they needed to hold. And part of that was Derek Carr not being able to get anything going, but that was because the defense made things really difficult for them.
Speaker 3: You know, he struggled against Michael Pittman. And Michael Pittman is a big, tall receiver and he's not a big tall corner, but he has a lot of confidence. And I spent time with him in the locker room last week and he reminded me that he led the sec in interceptions his senior year at Arkansas. He knows how to play the ball, and I was impressed last week with his calm demeanor and his real studious approach to the game. For young guy who's gonna go in there and get his first start in prime time against Michael Thomas and Chris Alabe, I mean, he's an impressive kid and hopefully he continues to get opportunities to develop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he made big plays and big moments, and to me in this day and age, that's what defense is. You don't shut opponents down because the league doesn't want you to shut offenses down right now. But if you make plays in the big moments, then you're a good player.
Speaker 5: He gets the memas well.
Speaker 4: It would have been tied had that guy just caught the ball for the Saints. Kai was around the Patriots forever. The Patriots had tons of games during their run where the other team could have done this. There's elements in the NFL nobody plays perfectly. You have to take advantage of that kind of break when you get it and make the play on the next play. I can think of many Jaguars teams that would have gotten that break on third down and the quarterback would have walked in on a quarterback four down on fourth down, and it's thirty four to thirty one in overtime and you're like, ah, same legit, you know.
Speaker 5: So again, let's worry about what the Jaguars are doing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: They're not flawless, but they're five and two and they've won four games in a row and they're making plays and that's what That's what you build playoff runs on.
Speaker 5: Are moments like that.
Speaker 3: I just want to go back to a point out one thing for people who see this highlight again his sense of the ball right, because he engages a Larvae and pushes him outside and then it's like the clock in his head goes off and he turns back to the inside. If he had waited a second longer, Alave may have gotten that ball. But his sense of what to do in the passing game fine tuned, obviously, but created at Arkansas fine tuned. Tier he turned back to the ball, he's again, he's one of those young jars on the shelf, a guy that you need when Tyson Campbell's out. Hopefully you don't have to play with Tyson on the sideline very long, but you feel a lot more comfortable when you have a guy like Monterek.
Speaker 4: Well, he's a guy all of a sudden next year when you can't keep everybody because of the cap yep Uh. I don't know that he'll play a lot when Tyson comes back, but you don't feel bad about him if he has to play in the future now. And that's what you have to have out of low round draft picks at some point, at some point, those guys have to be playing in their third and fourth year.
Speaker 3: He and Gregory Junior were picked almost back to back in the sixth and seventh rounds, and they have a lot of uh of the hope of excitement for what Gregory Junior can be too.
Speaker 1: Shit says a lot about where this team's at right now. Cause they're drafting. These guys can work on things, whether it's practice squad or playing behind someone else, and then when their you know number is called, they're ready to step into that role. And that's part of my hot takes. So I won't get too too into that as well, but we're gonna come back have our full hot takes on the Jaguar team. That's five and two.
Speaker 2: Jags fans.
Speaker 1: You need to head to Publics located at Etown Exchange tomorrow to meet Jacksonville Jaguars players for a special appearance from five to six. Again, that's the Public's as an Etown Parkway in Jacksonville on Tuesday. That's tomorrow, October twenty fourth, from five to six. You can meet some of the Jaguars players, especially good time to meet them after they've been playing so well. We all have similar hot takes, but they're all a little bit different. So Brian, I'll let you go first.
Speaker 3: All right, So I click on the clickbait on the power rankings on Tuesday, even though against them it's just opinion. But you know, when you the last couple weeks, I've looked at the top five or six teams and yeah, okay, I mean those are all the top five or six teams, and then the Jaguars come in at seven, right, and it makes sense to me, except yesterday it didn't. I looked at every team and I come away with a conclusion that the Jaguar as good as any team in the league. Right, I mean a city has the best quarterback, but they struggled with the Chargers, who are not that good this year. It took them until the fourth quarter to put that one away. The Eagles didn't look all that great. The Dolphins scored seventy But since then, what have they done? And you look at the teams that they've beaten. I mean that, don't get me wrong. They have real speed, they're really good, but they're not that much better than the Jaguars. You know, the only team that was really good yesterday was the Ravens, and of course it was probably Lamar's best game. But will will they do that next week?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: They've had their down moments this year too. I think that there's a clear delineation, you know, between the top seven or eight teams in this league, and the Jaguars are in it. And they played the Chiefs tough, they beat the Bills. We got the Bengals coming up and the Ravens later in the year, so we're gonna see. But I leave, you know, week seven behind thinking the Jaguars are as good as any team in the league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you. I think that.
Speaker 4: I think they're clearing the top seven. Philadelphia's lines that are really impressive. They are Patrick Mahomes is Patrick Mahomes and I think San Francisco Go. I would put those three teams maybe a smidge, But I'm not saying that the Jaguars can't go beat any of those teams, right, I just think those teams right now. To me, I will be surprised if one of those three teams isn't holding the trophy at the end of the year. But I don't think. But I would not be shocked if the Jaguars are in that mix.
Speaker 3: Especially based on what they just did. Yeah, I mean winning for a row. Yeah, that's why I left thinking what they did was so impressive. John. It makes your point that they can go do it. There's nobody that you look at and go where they can't beat them.
Speaker 5: Right Exactly in the mix I went with, please, do you're gonna start a fight?
Speaker 2: I'm already excited.
Speaker 4: They're a good deal with it.
Speaker 5: You guys would be stunned.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would.
Speaker 4: Here's my email subjects. Trevor's a game manager, Calvin Ridley's.
Speaker 5: A bus.
Speaker 4: They can't protect leads. Well, all Trevor's doing right now is making plays in the end of games to win. Calvin Ridley without him, do you win Week one or the Bills? I don't think you win either of those games. So if you do the math, Calvin Ridley has mattered in two of their five wins where I'm not sure you win without them. So to me, he contributes, and the whole, the whole, protecting leads things drive me up the wall.
Speaker 5: Can't protect leads. You have not trailed since you lost to the Houston Texans. Jaguars.
Speaker 4: Fans for sixteen years, haven't been five and two, Brian.
Speaker 5: They're adopting, Well, it's been.
Speaker 4: It's been the abyss of football here a lot for a decade and a half. This is what you waited for to be five and two, to be good, to be able to go win games and clutch moments. I don't know if they've win a super Bowl. You're not guaranteed super bowls. I hope they do. But these are the good times, and these are the good times.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid. Who's a sports psychologist, Maybe we could get him on. It stuns me that people are not just enjoying this right. It doesn't mean this is what they waited for. Oh yeah, and if you understand the NFL, and clearly some people don't, some people still think this is college football it's just played on Sundays in the post of Saturdays and the Gators or the Bulldogs or Alabama or choose your team, Michigan, USC. If you don't win by forty seven points, then I mean, how are you gonna climb in the polls?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter at all. And real football fans know that it matters that you win and that you get you get better as the season goes along.
Speaker 4: And Doug even spoke to that after the game very quickly when he was talking about the blowout thing. He said, it's just not you know, teams are too good to blow him out. And I think he feels that as a head coach, a play caller, meaning in the second half of games, even when you're up, even when they were up on Thursday by fifteen points, right, did you feel like they had dominated the game? Not real like they were up by seven and then you get the break, which is the interception return. And I think Doug at that point is like, Okay, we're probably not dominant.
Speaker 5: In this game.
Speaker 4: Let's manage this and get out of here, as opposed to you know, so I think coaches, when they're trying to call games and manage it.
Speaker 5: Maybe have a feel for that a little better than.
Speaker 4: Fans of Okay, we're not really going to blow this team out, so let's make sure we win it and not worry about scoreboard pageantry.
Speaker 3: Hey, just another example yesterday, how about did you think that the Gardner Minshew led Colts who turned the ball over endless amounts of time here and then and then would be able to play with the Cleveland Browns defense? How were they going to score? And yet they put up over four hundred yards on on a defense. It's as good as there is in the NFL. It's talented. If you watch the game, you know exactly what I'm saying. It's a week It's a week win. However, you can win one hundred percent win. However, you can remember the Arizona Cardinals are now one and six, but they beat the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I don't understand anything anymore any given Sunday, for sure, my hot take is it's time to go all in. I agree with everything you guys have said so far. This team is very firmly in the mix, and that means you need to add whatever you need to add. The trade deadlines coming up next Tuesday. If it's pass rush. Do it, Go out and get your guy. They have ten to eleven draft picks next year. I don't need to see another year where they get fourteen plus draft picks in there. This team is at a good spot where they're at, and if it takes draft picks to get somebody, even if it's a rental for a year, I think you need to do that.
Speaker 2: It's hard to get to five and two.
Speaker 1: It's hard to get within that mix where we're at a point now where I feel the dag wars havy. But I don't go into a game and say they have no chance. They always have a chance. And now that we're there, we need to give every little piece of ammunition that you can give. And I think for this team might be adding a pass rusher, if somehow you can get somebody on offensive line, do that, but just add to those holes so that they're ready when it gets to that point. They have all the players that think.
Speaker 3: I think that you're right, which is different for me because I don't like mortgaging the future of the salary cap. You've got Trevor, You've got Tyson, You've probably got Josh Allen. You may have Calvin Ridley, Andre Cisco. You've got a lot of your own guys that you're gonna pay, So if you're gonna trade something away, you're gonna want to make sure you do the deal right, which is up to them, so that you're not just renting right and they're gonna be tied against the cap next year twenty twenty five, that kicks up. But I'm with you. I think at this point, if there's an opportunity to go and swing for the fences, why not.
Speaker 5: I think there'd be the right opportunity.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's gonna be a huge topic, and it's gonna be a pass rush, pass rush, pass rusher. They'll look at it, yeah, but they also have to realize that you've got Trevor Lawrence in his third year. They want this to be a twelve more year thing with him. They don't feel like their window closes after this year. So I don't know that they push every chip in if they think it's going to hurt them down the road.
Speaker 5: And it's got to be the right fit.
Speaker 4: I mean, it can't be a guy who comes in and doesn't fit what this team is right now.
Speaker 5: So you know, if it's there.
Speaker 4: I want him to do it, but they have to be smart about it, and I think they will well.
Speaker 3: And who saw the Christian McCaffrey trade coming last year, right? I don't know that I would have identified running back as that need for the San Francisco forty nine ers, but it meant everything to them, and obviously he's been a great player for them. So if it is that guy, and I don't know whether it's the Hunter guy in Minnesota or or whoever it is that you're talking about, if it is that guy that you can then push out into three, four, five years from now when the cap is big, then go. You know, and Swing Jagers have done this before in their history. They've traded for Reagan Upshaw. I remember in ninety nine they had a great team, but they thought they needed just that one. He didn't do anything and he was just a rental, so they didn't get anything from it. Make sure you're gonna get something from it.
Speaker 2: I have to see what they do. We like to predict these things, but we never really know.
Speaker 1: All right, say, well, this will preview what we've got coming up the rest of the week. Move the freight, Move the freight, Magellan Transport voted the coolest office space in Jackson, Jill. You can apply online at Magellanlogistics dot com.
Speaker 2: Also, Jags fans, if you want.
Speaker 1: Customized Jaguars furniture for your home, check out zipchare dot com to browse all customizable options. Zipchair is furniture for fans. So we had a little bit of a long weekend off. Now we're back here for this week and then it's the bye week, so we are looking forward to that game against the Steelers and kind of is this where you expected the team to be at?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are they above where you were hoping they'd be at around this, probably a little above.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I had an objective perspective on it at the beginning of the season, n I thought they might be four and three, you know, not knowing the London thing. So they're ahead. Plus the four games that they've won through all the circumstances We've said six times is really really impressive to me, So I'd say they're ahead of worthy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think it's a real opportunity.
Speaker 4: I don't know that the Steelers are great, but they're pretty good and they got a game wrecker, so it's another opportunity for the Jags. Really, you feel like they've put the Colts where you can keep in the rear view. There are now two games up on Buffalo, which you think will I mean, they have the tiebreaker on him. This is another chance to get a team sort of down. You know, the Steelers are right there. I think they're four and three, Yes, so you're five and two. Now it's a chance to sort of get them to where. Okay, now you've got to get three more on us and those things will start mattering pretty Simon.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know, you hope to get Walker little Lindsay Jones back on the practice field this week, and Devon Hamilton's practicing again. I don't know if he plays this week or if they wait till after the bye, but he's a player that makes your defense, which is already playing so well, gui that much better. I mean, there's real reasons for optimism for this team. And if they're ahead of schedule and we're optimistic, man, they're doing something right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have it set up.
Speaker 1: It's always nice to go into the buye. We're gonna win too, so I'm gonna hope for that. But we'll get into the nitty gritty of the Steelers game a little bit later on in the week. We'll see you right back here on JAG's Am on Wednesday.