Speaker 1: What's that at the bed? It's spooky. I'm pretty sure it's dead.
Speaker 2: It's coming this way.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, how I'm coosted? I was that is?
Speaker 2: Hey boo, it's me Roz.
Speaker 3: I'm going to conclude my conversation with Seth Jarrett, creator of my favorite TV show of all time, Celebrity Ghost Stories. We've got more to get into on today's episode, and I can't wait for you to hear it. But first I wanted to just if you didn't hear this news story. You know me, the only time I cover current events is when it's not the stuff that we all need to hear about. But there's this there's a story that I heard that is.
Speaker 2: It's a wild one. Okay.
Speaker 3: So apparently, just like last week, there were twenty eight girls in Colombia, school girls that were hospitalized after playing with a wigi board at their school. They were fainting, they were hospitalized for anxiety. I believe I read a report of drool on some of them.
Speaker 2: Some of them were drooling.
Speaker 3: First of all, I don't know why these girls were playing a wigi board at school, but it's just like it's just a story that that happened. I mean, it did have.
Speaker 2: The girls.
Speaker 3: They they went to the hospital after playing a wedge board. Now, I don't know if it's because obviously it would make one think that it's because they've they got possessed and.
Speaker 2: They had to go to school.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's one way to get out of school, you know, you gotta elgebra tests that day, pull out the Ouiji board. I'm not sure the exact reason for why, but the parents are mad.
Speaker 2: I don't know. So that I was just like two and more, you know, me with my research and I found this article that is.
Speaker 3: From November of twenty twenty two, and it says that eleven children in a different part of Columbia collapsed at their school after playing Luigi board. They were aged thirteen to seventeen and they just they passed out in the hallway and they were vomiting. They had abdominal pain, muscle spasms. It seems like now I haven't found exact follow up articles that had.
Speaker 2: You know, official.
Speaker 3: Diagnoses or anything, but this seems to be it was, you know, highly suspected that it could have been food poisoning, something that they ate at school, or they had shared germs, but it is weird that it happened right after they were playing the Ouiji board and these two scenarios. I'm keeping my eye on this story. I don't know, it's just.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say it's a funny story because it's it's not. But it's like what twenty eight twenty eight girls. Anyway, let's get to this conversation Seth Jarrett. He's amazing. I heard so many nice messages from last week's part one. If you haven't heard it, go back and listen, and then you know, catch this one. I love you guys so much. And here we go part two with the creator of Celebrity ghost Stories, Seth Jarrett, and with the show.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm curious because you said, you know, some people don't want to, you know, tell the story, or tell the story more than once. I know that there are people who are afraid to tell their stories, not necessarily because they don't want to get emotional again, but because they really feel like they don't want to cross aligne with spirits.
Speaker 2: Oh I've had that too, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know there are some people that kind of, you know, mind the way I've always sort of thought about, especially doing a lot of these kind of shows. The Celebrity ghost Stories is only one of probably four or five para normals shows we ended up doing. But I've always sort of thought about that thing, like, you know, the more you poke the other side, the more you know eventually it's gonna go back. And I do think that people have that that feeling sometimes like they can talk about it, you can get right up to a line, but there is a line that you could cross where you might just be, you know, mixing it up a little too much.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can tell you from my experience that the more I poke fun at it or have have fun with it, talk about it, the less ghosts want anything to do with me. That's this has just been my experience. But maybe but you did kind of scare me when you said eventually it'll catch up to you, because I might be a dad, not you.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that, you know, I don't mean you.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the Wikipedia.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm just remembering the season one, episode three, Carrie Fisher, Rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Rue McClanahan, Rest in peace.
Speaker 3: John Waters, John Waters, I'm a huge My entire bathroom is divine and John Waters themed. What was like talking to John Waters about I want to say it was his uh summer camp as a child.
Speaker 2: Of course I knew that.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course. And that's and you know, he's one of those people, I mean, he just you know, he's al he's a storyteller, right, So he's not one of the people that comes in uncomfortable. He comes in, he sits down where you know, he's like, where do I look, Let's get this going, and and he just like it's you know, it's it's theater for for him, and it's a And so that's like that magical mix like between a real story and someone who also just knows how to tell it. And you know, I I was a summer camp like a sleep away camp kid, and so for me that was a super fun experience because of him, and then also kind of just really you know, reliving some of my own you know, like scary ghost story days and going into the woods and and all that stuff. So but he was great. I have, I mean a very fun memory of of of him and his story. And he's one of those people that probably could have stayed eight hours because he was enjoying himself and we probably had we probably had three or four other celebrities to interview that day, so we had to say goodbye to him. But but but he was He was great. And that was also a really fun recreation to do with all those kids. It was always fun shooting the kids, especially on the recreations, because you know, it's just crazy and unpredictable, and kids, you know, they would they say, you know, don't animals, kids and animals, And so the kids, you know, they they're doing whatever the hell they want and we're giving them flashlights and it's at night, and so they're running off in the woods. We're trying to get a shot and all, you know, all that fun, crazy stuff that that sort of stay in your memory. But he was great. We were so happy to have him so early on the series.
Speaker 2: Was there a celebrity like the one that got away?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh, I feel like there is the only I'm sure there is, and I can't remember. I will tell you that my one of the casting people once wrote an elevator with Keanu Reeves. And Keanu has stories, He's been public about his stories, and she got up the nerve to ask if he would be on the show, and he she said he actually seemed fairly interested, but was like, you know, in the edit for John Wick or something like, you know, something like a one hundred million dollar movie, and just didn't have time at the moment to do the show because we were literally like, if you want to come downstairs right now, we'll interview you. Oh.
Speaker 3: It was literally like at the building where you guys did the interviews.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was in the building where the studio was.
Speaker 3: I had a moment like this with Chris Pine a couple of months ago. I did a little thing with Chris Pine, and somebody had mentioned his ghost story, like somebody that had a mutual ghost story with him from a shoot that they did together told it on my show, and then when I was working with him, it came up, and then he started telling his amazing ghost story, and I was just like, I want to ask so bad. I ended up not I chickened out, but I'm like, God, he's so busy, He's so like, how would I even coordinate that? Is he gonna be like, here's my phone number? Like I doubt it, but.
Speaker 1: I do think at one point there there had in some interest expressed from Demi Levado cool, which would have been very cool. It just didn't work out. I'm sure she's very busy.
Speaker 3: Well, she's doing paranormal right, yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: And then and then Kasha ended up doing a whole paranormal series after she had done Celebrity ghost Stories, but also the Haunting of which was our spinoff.
Speaker 2: Came Rousso okay, how did that start?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it is actually a fun story. So I think in season two we had the chance to interview Loretta Lynn, who sadly just passed away. We had a chance to interview her. But you know, the show has always been in a studio, right, people come to studio, we either do it in New York or LA and they sit down for a couple hours and and you know, we try to make it as super easy on them as possible. But Loretta Lynn didn't want to leave. I can't remember the name of her. The compound in Tennessee, it's like this famous you know, the Loretta Lynn House where all these things have happened and actually is famously haunted. And it also has I think an amusement park and a racetrack on her property. And so she said, you know what, I'm not I don't want to come to New York right now. But if you guys come to my house in Tennessee, then we can do the interview there.
Speaker 2: I can't. I didn't, Diva. I love it.
Speaker 3: That is such an amazing move, Like you guys could come over here.
Speaker 2: I'm not going over there.
Speaker 1: And at first, of course, who were like, well, I don't think we have the money to go down this is we don't have a big budget for this show. But then someone on the staff and I had no idea. Someone on the staff had said, you know, her house is haunted, like she is a famous haunted estate. So then we went to A and E. We went to the network and we said, hey, since we're going down there to do this interview, why don't we turn this into a special. Let's do a whole hour on Loretta Linn and see how it goes. And then the network said to us, you know, we have this psychic medium named Kim Russo who has been working on a show that we do called Psychic Kids, and she's so good in the audience loves her. What if you sent her down with you and you guys toured the property and Kim could could read the property and see what she gets and then read Loretta and we can kind of turn her normal, everyday ghost story into something bigger. And so that's what we did. We went down, we brought Kim. We had never worked with her before. It was the first time we worked with her, and we turned it into a special, which was an episode I think season two maybe beginning of season three. It was a Celebrity ghost Stories special, and then that did so well that the network said, why don't we do a whole series with Kim where she's taking celebrities back to the original you know, location of their haunting and she tries to figure out, you know, what it was, who it was, why it happens, how to finally get the spirits to stop haunting them, whatever the particular story is. And we ended up doing close to one hundred episodes of the Haunting of with a lot of people from Celebrity ghost Stories, but then a lot of new people who wanted to be on the show because they really respected Kim's.
Speaker 2: She seems good.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've never met her, but did she ever give you a reading or pick up on anything?
Speaker 1: She did not. She has read my wife a bunch, She's read everyone on the staff, everyone at A and E Networks. I think, you know, I always try to come to the shows that we did. That's the way you know, as a as a healthy skeptic, and I always found that that helped me producing the shows and interviewing people because the goal is to is to ask them questions and to produce them in a way that gives the right explanation to the audience as to what's happening. Sometimes I think if you believe to deeply in the work, you sometimes you kind of you forget those, you know, sort of some like in a way, some of the obvious things, and because you don't know if you don't know if the audience, if someone's watching it, is a full on believer, is a total skeptic, is somewhere in the middle. And so we just Kim and I developed and we work really well together. But I think we just developed this like very professional, like let's go in and let's focus on the celebrity. I mean, there are many times where I kind of secretly wanted her to look at me and say, your grandfather's season, this is what he has to say, but she she didn't. I think we just we kind of set that early but everyone else she read. Very often, she would read crew members, you know, without it being planned. I mean it just sort of, you know, it happened, and sometimes that would make its way onto camera. But I worked with a lot of psychic mediums, and Kim is the real deal. I've seen her do readings where even the biggest skeptic would say, that's not possible. I don't know, how could she possibly know that? And that was fun, you know that it was fun to be around someone that was constantly, constantly surprising everyone around her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that when you're a public figure or celebrity and you get ready by psychics. Of course there's the obvious things that you can google. But when a psychic can tell you about a childhood friend that they would never have known from any Google or book or biography whatever, that's when it's like, damn, she's good.
Speaker 1: And a lot of celebrities came came to the show, came to that show as huge skeptics and like really looking to trip her up. Huh, and I don't. I think by the end of every episode the celebrities were convinced. And I saw people in the course of just a couple hours go from the biggest skeptics to like kneeling at her feet saying, just tell me how to live my life, because you know everything, That's what it felt like. It was sometimes really fascinating to see.
Speaker 3: What was it like when SNL did a parody of your show.
Speaker 1: Now SNL okay, So that parody was after was one week after the pilot. A lot of people don't know this. A lot of people assume that it was, you know, after the show had been on for years, and so it was one week after the pilot. And I remember that night so vividly because we had just finished the show. I think we literally finished editing the pilot, like, you know, three days before it aired. It was just one of those like crash and burn, just get it on, you know, on the air, and then it aired. And then the next week, I'm home and we have SNL on, but we're not watching it. I'm just sort of walking around in my kitchen. I don't remember exactly, and I hear the the opening, you know, sort of words, the opening the theme song of Celebrity ghost Stories. I hear it, but I look over, but it's Channel four and I know it's I'm not on the channel that that our show is on, and I start like, literally I'm yelling upstairs to my wife, like I don't understand NBC is playing Celebrity ghost Stories. What's what's going on? What's going on? And then Drew Barrymore pops up she was born. Yeah, And it literally was one of those like mind you know, I just didn't know what was happening, and it took me a couple of minutes to understand that Saturday Night Live, like this show that literally I grew up with everybody grew up with, was doing a spoof about a show that we just created. And then of course all the phone calls so coming in my parents and my friend and my mother in law, like everyone's calling and saying, are you watching Celebrity Ghost Stories on SNL? And that was That was one of the more surreal moments.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: It was, It was, It was very cool. I think the really really weird part about the whole thing no one knows this and ros I want to tell you the first well besides the crew. So in the beginning of the show, there's a voice when the tape recorder is playing, and the.
Speaker 2: One I go Celebrity ghost Stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's me, that's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I'll try it.
Speaker 1: I'll try that. I'll try to recreate it right now now obviously like heavily affected and the editor took my voice like four times and everything, but I'm gonna try to. I'm gonna try to recreate it. Okay, wait, let me see.
Speaker 2: Celebrity ghost Stories.
Speaker 1: Stop. It was that good? Did I get close?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is the most iconic episode I've ever had ever, so saying so, not only.
Speaker 1: Was I watching our show be spooped on SNL, but I heard my voice on SNL. So that was that was That was a fun moment.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like the question that everyone wants to know is any chance of that format, the original format, ever coming back.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 1: In talks.
Speaker 2: Sorry I can't, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't promise, but I have I think made a very good, uh fails pitch to the powers that be that the show has been off long enough that there are now so many people who want to be on the show, like huge guests potentially, and the timing is right. It also feels like one of those things like someone else is going to bring back the show and it should be us, right, because, of course, because we did it first. I do have a yeah. I mean obviously I love my A and E network friends, and I do want them to do it. Although when I have to say that now, it's like streaming bringing back the show everywhere, Like, wouldn't it be so cool if Hulu did, like we did a version with Hulu, or we did a version with Disney Plus. So I'm throwing I'm putting that out there in the universe that someone we should do the show again because people love the show.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, if you need anyone to like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Give I'm going to get you in the pitch meetings.
Speaker 2: Give me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll do anything. I'll do anything to say that I could just had something to do with celebrity ghost stories. So I appreciate that because right now it's where is it? Disney Plus, Hulu, Amazon, YouTube?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure other places, but that's yeah, just they just launched it on Disney Plus, which I thought was so weird in the beginning, but and only seasons five and six. I don't know what what you know what like contractual deals are made behind the scenes too, you know, because the networks do all that, all that fun business stuff. But I think you can see most of the episodes on Hulu. I think they're still on Amazon. I think you know, on A and E or actually like Lifetime or LMA on their YouTube page you could you could watch it. So there's a lot of places to still watch it.
Speaker 2: So have you had experiences of your own?
Speaker 1: I I had one experience. I can't say it's the greatest, you know, like this is the thing that convinced me, but it was spooky. So we were doing it was season two. We were doing the recreation for the Marilyn Manson story.
Speaker 2: Yep, I remember, and so part.
Speaker 1: Of the story is that, you know, it takes place when he's in high school and he, you know, is starting to get into weird stuff and satanic reading and all this stuff, and so we were recreating this satanic setups. It's a Satanic ritual in a in a barn. I don't think it was his I think like his brother was doing all this week crazy satanic stuff and it was you know, the hintograms and smeared blood. I mean, none of it's real, of course, it was just a recreation and a fake pig hanging upside down, like just crazy stuff. And we're in this barn and it's really spooky, and you know, we're getting ready for a shot. Everybody's setting things up in the art director and everything, and I was directing that recreation and all of a sudden, I felt a hand on my shoulder and it was but it was so real, you know, like I could feel five fingers literally on my shoulder, and it just felt like it was someone who was kind of grabbing me to you know, gently turn me around to ask me a question or something. And I turned around and I mean literally like the hands of turned me, and there was no one for like twenty feet weird. I mean, no one. And this is not like like wind brushing across like it wasn't. It was a absolutely a physical hands But when I turned and I turned quickly, there was no one. I mean, there was no one remotely close enough to have touched me. In that moment. That really freaked me out. I think, you know, partly because we're recreating a Satanic ritual. In that moment, there were a lot of weird things, so I didn't have that many. There was a couple other times, maybe like I felt like I saw something, but I wasn't one hundred percent sure, But there were several crew members who had full on paranormal experiences. It was always during filming of crazy recreations.
Speaker 3: Do you think that it was connected to the locations or is this an example of talking about ghost stuff? And then the ghosts are like did someone say our name?
Speaker 1: We always seemed to find out after the fact that we were filming in haunted locations. Now we're like, we're picking locations to be honest, just because we you know, it's a good price, right, So you know, we're out in the middle of nowhere life. We should shoot a lot of stuff on Staten Islands, and there's all these like abandoned buildings and old penitentiaries and you know, old like naval schools that now no one lives in. So those were perfect for recreations, and also you can get them kind of cheap. And so we would set up camp and shoot there for a few days or a week, and that's where a lot of people, a lot of people on the crew had experiences. And then of course, you know you would It was funny because it's like, right, a ghost story right out of one of our celebrity ghost stories, like after the the stuff happened, like the caretaker of the old penitentiary would say, oh, yeah, we've had hundreds of reports of you know, of three ghosts that like to, you know, bite at people's ankles when they're walking through the basement. I mean, whatever, whatever it is. So that was always weird, and it was always like were we drawn to those places? Are we going there? And because we're talking about ghosts, we're stirring things up. I don't I don't know, but there were there were a few crew members who would work on a season and then knock them back the next season.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the next spinoff Celebrity ghost Stories stories, and it's crew members doing there's there's recreations of the recreations.
Speaker 2: It's very magic.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it. You know what we should add also know, now everybody's like talking about VR and Netta and like those Oculus glasses, you know, all the all that like virtual reality stuff. Now we should do celebrity ghost story stories behind the scenes, but in virtual reality. So now now you put on the goggles and you're you're literally living the experience. That's the scary crew members.
Speaker 2: That's too scary.
Speaker 3: That's what I was talking to Kyle, my producer, right before you came on the Zoom. We were talking about the show and he had just started watching it and he's like, it's scary, like to watch alone at nighttime and to hear the whisper at nighttime. I can't tell you how many years I'd watched the show, because I watched it when it was originally on and I've seen it many times since. But I've had so many times where I'm like watching it and then I hear that damn whisper and we're getting into it, the sound design, all of it, and I'm like, you know what, I don't I can't do this tonight. Yeah, so you're master of horror at seth Georgette.
Speaker 1: We had a great team, and like I said, it was a very small team, but that also benefited the show. You know, we had, you know, most of the credit for all of the scary came down to our director of photography who you know who shot so I mean hundreds of episodes. His name was Tim Smith. We had an editor named Tim Dixon. I feel like I have to give them shout outs, and he really this editor along with a couple others, a great editor named Karen, but this guy, Tim Dixon, was the master of sound design and creating you know, all the little flashes. And you know, one thing that a lot of people don't they see it, but they don't really know what they're seeing, is that we also would take thousands and thousands of photographs during the recreations while we were filming, and so if you go back now now you'll see it. It probably just felt like this spooky effect that you and you kind of didn't really know. You just felt the eeriness. But a lot of the success visually of the show was that we used to intercut video and these photographs and sort of seamlessly work them together. So we had actual photographers who would work on the show. We had, you know, a couple of producers, Kathy Watson Andrea DeBrito. They were people who would produce the photograph sort of unit. Again, the unit was like one person, but that was a huge sort of visual part of the show. So, you know, it's just one of those shows where we were like, let's just let's just mess around and try tricks and what's scary. And we used to watch hundreds of you know, horror movie Travelers and kind of you know, steal slash be inspired by fun jump scares and things that we can incorporate into the show. And again, at the time, people were doing some ghost Hunter shows or they were doing some cheesy stuff, but no one was sort of doing what we were doing on TV. So, you know, I think that's why so many people really liked it and remember it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and continue to like it.
Speaker 3: And people tell me all the time that I always get emails from people saying I heard about the show from you, and it's so good. And I'm hearing people all the time that just discovered it. Kyle just discovered it, he just started or he just started watching it. So I mean, there's there's an audience that wants it. Do they want more?
Speaker 1: I have. I have a sixteen year old daughter, she's in high school, and she says now that some of her friends talk about the show and they just discovered it, you know, on Hulu or Disney or whatever it is. That. I mean, that's the crazy thing about streaming, right. It used to be that a show is on, maybe it repeated a couple of times, and then that was it, right, I mean, it just it kind of went away until you know, repeats and now you can watch it in you know, ten different places, and so new audiences are finding, you know, this show and obviously lots of shows. So that's that's been really fun and rewarding to see. He's my daughter a little bit crazy. She hears her friends talking about my show, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, does she tell them like my dad's the one that does the whisper.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she knows, you know, And now I gotta tell her. I don't want to freak her out, like, you know, if she goes and you know, although she watches horror movies, so maybe she would think it would be it would be cool. But yeah, that's that's one of my claims to fame the Whisper.
Speaker 2: Seth. You have been so generous with your time.
Speaker 3: This has been a dream come true that I didn't even know I had. This is like the coolest thing. I didn't realize I was talking to the Whisper. I didn't realize. I mean, this is so great. Are there any other stories before you go that you would like to share about celebrity ghost stories?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well, let me here trivia question for you. Since you're since you're a fan.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Who is the only celebrity to have played themselves in the recreation? Oh, it only happened once. It was one of the more bizarre experiences of my life when he or she I won't tell you yet, called and said, I will only do the show if I get to play myself in the recreation, and I'll give you a little hint, and my two daughters have to be in the recreation.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't know. I can't think of who that was.
Speaker 1: Rebecca de Mornay, Oh wow?
Speaker 2: And how many times did she do it?
Speaker 1: Like? She only did the show once?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: But her story was it took play. It started when she was a small child and she got very sick on a trip with her mom in Mexico, and she almost died, and these two little girl ghosts came to her while she was in the hospital. They were in Mexico City, but it was snowing, and these two little ghost girls were dancing around and they sort of gave her the light and the hope to come back to life because she was literally like hours from dying. Rebecca, and then she realized many years later, when she was with her children, and she saw that her daughter's in this same position that she saw these little girls you know, many years earlier. She realized that her unborn children had come to her yes when she was a child, and had saved her life. And so I mean again, it was just such a bizarre thing, Like she wanted to do the show, and we had never had anyone. Know, it's hard enough to get celebrities to sit down, like to ask them to be in their recreations. Never seemed like anything that seemed, you know, that seemed even remotely possible. And here's Rebecca de Morne, and again like talking you know, child of the eighties. You know, she was in risky business, right, I mean, she's like I probably had her poster up of my wall when I was fourteen, and now she won like I'm going to get to direct her. And so she flew out. We shot it on Long Island. She flew out with her daughters. She wanted her two daughters to be in it. We spent you know, usually we shoot the recreations for these stories in like literally in like five six hours, but because Rebecca was doing it, we dedicated like three full days to doing that one. Because we just really wanted it to be good. So that's one. Visually, like, I love it. It really feels like a mini movie. Go back and watch that one.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I have to.
Speaker 1: It's really good. And it's just it's so surreal seeing someone like Rebecca de Mornay in a recreation for for our show. But she was she was amazing. And it wasn't even like I'm a big star, but I'm gonna be in your like. She just she was just excited to do it. She'd loved to tell the story. I think she was just excited to get like kind of expose her daughters to the you know, to like a mini version of the film world. And and and we did it, and it was that was a cool experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's so fascinating that the story involved them and yeah, right, wow.
Speaker 1: That was. But when we do the Celebrity Ghost Stories movie, we are going to have someone super famous playing themselves. That's the goal.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm trying to think of everyone that I've had that's been on there, and I know, okay, here's who I can think of off the top of my head, because I had a lot more when I first started the podcast. It was mainly me talking to celebrities about their ghost stories, and then it's more recently changed to just me having funny people on and we talk about ghosts. But it's still I still I love to have like a celebrity with a ghost story on.
Speaker 2: But people that I've had.
Speaker 1: You had, you had Wendy Wendy mclendy.
Speaker 2: Yes, right.
Speaker 1: I loved her story.
Speaker 3: I love her so much. We yes, we got to talk about that, which was amazing. I've had Cassandra Peterson actually I learned from her audio book. It's pronounced Cassandra Peterson. I've had Jay Rodriguez from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
Speaker 2: I've had so many.
Speaker 1: Bridger Marquard right, was doing her podcast. You did her podcast? No, no, I said, she's doing the podcast. Yeah, I imagine. I imagine that celebrity ghost stories helped sort of inspire her.
Speaker 3: Oh totally, she's all into that stuff. Yeah, she's been on the pod. I've been on hers.
Speaker 2: I love her. She's awesome. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I've had so many people that have been on it, and I hope to have more. And Okay, now here's my next pitch. When you bring the show back if you want to do an after show or something like that, sign me up because I'm the mega fan over here.
Speaker 1: Wait, I didn't ask you. I feel bad. Do you have a story? Could you be on Celebrity ghost Story?
Speaker 2: I'm not a celebrity. Yeah, but what I mean, of course.
Speaker 1: You're a celebrity. What what DoD a celebrity mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't know.
Speaker 1: People listen to you.
Speaker 3: I would that would be the craziest dream come true scenario.
Speaker 2: You're going to make it out, okay.
Speaker 3: And I will be the second celebrity to do their own recreation. Okay, great, And and I will be wearing a wig as myself in the recreation. I won't use my own hair. I want to wear a wig. Wait, you did other paranormal shows.
Speaker 1: Too, right, So we did, like The Haunting of Yes and another show that we did that I really loved, and it was sadly only one season. I feel like it's one of those shows that should be in season ten right now. It was called School.
Speaker 3: Spirits, okay, about haunted colleges and.
Speaker 1: Haunt colleges and most of the colleges, some high schools. That was on Sci Fi and then they sort of moved away a little bit from uh, from the paranormal, But that's a that's a good show, that was and very scary. That one even I think, takes the recreations and how scary they are to the next level and that's just a that's a good one. That one feels one step closer I think to a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Would you say, from talking to so many people and hearing their stories, has it changed your beliefs at all on this stuff?
Speaker 1: One hundred, one hundred percent. I would definitely think I'm in the I'm in the middle, leaning towards believer, And I would say before I did these shows, I was somewhere between like total skeptic and maybe believer, but but absolutely, you know, look, I'm one of those people where I you know, I want, I want something to happen right in front of my face so that I can I can say definitively. But but I would say that I have heard I've watched and heard so many people. You know, you can't you I said before, you know when people are making something up, and you know when they're believe it to their core, like when they're literally shaking, and I don't care, like how good of an actor you are. But when you can see when you see someone shaking and their voice quivering because they're scared to say something, either because they're afraid to relive it or because they're afraid that they may be speaking directly to a spirit, which again some people do believe. When you see that over and over and over, you have to believe that there is there's something that is there's something out there. I don't know what it is, you know, but there is definitely something that is happening that I would love to learn more about.
Speaker 2: But that's the fun of it. We can't well never.
Speaker 1: Know, or maybe we will. Maybe I do not.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know, because that is not fun. It's not mysterious. It's just just stuff that happens. Like no, I like to hear. I like to get spooked and ponder what could that possibly be? Well, seth, this has just been an iconic day. Thank you so much for doing this. This is the best Christmas pres.
Speaker 1: I want to keep talking to you. Can we do this like every No, Actually, maybe I'll just call you late one night and whisper.
Speaker 3: My God, Yes, okay, wait, or do my voicemail.
Speaker 2: You'll raged rouss.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to do that. I might need a little help from my from my sound designer, but but I could. I could definitely do that for you. Definitely.
Speaker 3: Well, is there anything you want to tell the listeners where they can watch anything or anything else going on.
Speaker 1: Just you know, celebrity watch the stories like you know, post and comment and let's just like, let's get this back, let's get it back on the air, and and that would be that would be so much fun because there's so many people out there that still have stories to tell. Oh yeah, and I just like I started before, I just I I so appreciate your support of the show. And it makes me so so happy that that you have enjoyed it and that you've talked about it on the podcast. It's literally like it you've you've you've made You've made my year. You really have for us.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so happy we met. This is amazing.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much to Seth. What a magical experience that was getting to meet him. And I hope we stay in touch. This one we recorded over zoom and so I don't have a video version of it. I pretty much only have those if we do it in person, so you cannot find a video version of.
Speaker 2: It on YouTube, But.
Speaker 3: Next week I have one in studio that I will be putting up on YouTube, and all those other recent in person ones you can find on YouTube as well. The link to that is in the description of this episode, as well as the Patreon, which has stuff from the past few years and nothing current at this very moment. I just stopped at the beginning of the year, but there's tons of stuff on there. If you want to hear more of me doing full length podcasts and little videos from my life and please subscribe to the show, follow it, rate it five stars, tell your friends, leave a nice five star review telling me how much you love the show, or you could leave a ghost story in a five star review, or you could send one to ghosted by Raz at gmail dot com also where you could send a listener.
Speaker 2: Episode submission.
Speaker 3: Just put in the subject line listener episode and some bullet points of your stories. We also have a Facebook group. It's called ghosted by Roz Hernandez. Great place to write out some stories for me to read on the show because I do love reading those, So if you have the time, I always appreciate that and follow me on Instagram at raz Hernandez TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez.
Speaker 2: You all both living and dead.
Speaker 3: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Hey bye.
Speaker 2: Star Banes are a a podcast network