Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more. That's Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's get to it. So we're gonna talk about let's talk about in video and video committed five hundred. Well before we talk about in the video, let's talk about the Trump tariffs again. So over the weekend they said that there was a given exemption for smartphones and computer chips, and that was very welcomed by the technology sector. It said ninety days and then yesterdays they came out and said that it'll be a special tariff for semiconductors, that this is only temporary. Pretty much dampered the whole party. So the market as a result, it wasn't as bullish today as people thought it might have been if they didn't make that announcement. So okay for the investors, that's wondering, how come they didn't wait to make this announcement. How come maydn't make the first announcement on Monday and at least give people an opportunity to exit some positions and then maybe rain on the parade on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's given all of his friends allegedly and what to buy. Shout out to all the congress people and politicians who bought calls on Apple and in video as a result, better course for you since you go rough of office in the next one. Well how do you think he keeps changing course so quickly? Like I have to go to chat GBT clause oupen on manness, Like what's the reason behind all of this chaos? And I'm not proberly on Trump's episode, but I don't understand why you put out positive news and then the next day damper it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure. I don't think anybody really knows. I think it's a very erratic behavior and it's frustrating to like market insiders and hedge fund managers and stuff like that, because it's like, you know, Dan ives extremely happy when they had that announcement that he said, it's like playing golf and they moving the tea in the ninth and the ninth or the eighteenth green. So it's just it's it's very complicated and it's difficult because it's like, you know, we don't know. But we spoke to an executive at a car company during the All Star week and this is before the tariffs thing came out, and he said that it's extremely difficult to do business because we don't we don't know the rules. So you can, you can once you know the rules and you can play the game, but when the rules keep changing, that becomes extremely difficult to play the game. So you know, when you say that there's a pauseon tariffs for electronics, smartphones and chips, and that's that's encouraging news for technology, but then when you come out two days later and say that there's going to be a special tariff just for chips, when that's discouraging news. So within a forty eight hours cycle, it is going in so many different directions, and it's it's up down. That's why it's a very choppy, very very choppy market right now. That's why a lot of people just wait on the sidelines because they don't know exactly what to expect. And we all know that the stock markets is going to recover over the course of time, but I mean, if we do go into a recession and you could see another twenty percent depth in the market, So it's it's very erratic behavior. I think that he's trying to figure it out on the fly, because especially we haven't talked about the ten year treasury, but that's something that was extremely alarming to them, that's what they said, Like that actually made them change his mind more than anything, not really the stock market, but the treasury. And when people stop believing in America and stop, you know, holding American bonds Japan, that's concerning. That's concerning for sure. So I think he's trying to balance so much. You see the dollar drop to his lowest level since twenty twenty two, at the people dumping treasury bonds, to stock markets crashing, then you got world leaders calling you, I'm sure, left and right. So imagine just being in a room with ten thousand things happening simultaneously, and it's just like Okay, damn, I gotta do this. Okay, let's reverse course, Okay, let's do this, let's do this, let's do that. And it's not like something that I think this is already thought out. I think it's in game. I think he's doing the Peyton manning like omaha, he's calling audibles on the fly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this is the epitome of building a plane while flying it right, Like we are, we're not sure what we're doing, but we're gonna try to piece this together as we go. We're gonna make an announcement and then we'll try to figure it out as do we do it. It's like like last week when it was well, the third of April one and with the tariffs were going to effect, and then we saw how the market reacted to it. And then there was a leak that the tariffs were suspended last Monday, and oh it was a leak that that's not true, and then by Wednesday it actually was true, right, and then Saturday it's hey, we're gonna suspend tarraffs on semiconductors, computers, and technology pretty much. Technology stocks were hopeful like this is great, and then by Sunday that changes, and who knows what happens tomorrow, Right, we really don't have a clue of what's happening. From a business standpoint, it's tough because number one, you don't know how much you're gonna pay, and then you don't know how much you're gonna make, and so you don't really know what to tell your shareholders, and you don't know what your revenue is gonna be, right, and so the thing that doesn't change for you is the debt for sure, Right, that's the thing that you know for sure it's going to happen. Right if you're having cap expendatures and there's debt that's accumulating that's not going anywhere. How much you're bringing in, how much you're gonna pay for that, that is uncertain. So, I mean, the uncertainty in itself is is extreme. The recession piece. It almost feels like we were headed for a soft landing. I know, but it was like never going to be a self lending but we will had it there, we will head it there, and now we got the self inflicted won't And now it almost feels like recession might be the safest thing if you hear what Ray Dalio's saying, this the two negative quarters. By definition, that might be the safest play because we've seen that before, and we've seen how we've recovered from that before. It could be shortened, maybe it's extended, but we've seen that before. He's saying that potentially there's something worse ahead, which is a new economic world order, which is kind of what we've been alluding to in the smallest sense, where it's like the rising power challenging the emerging power or the existing power. We kind of know who plays in those roles versus the value of money, versus internal conflict versus international conflict, all happening at the same time, which is dangerous incredibly.
Speaker 3: And for my traitors. How Trump is changing his playing day to day. That's how a lot of you are trading right now. Please know what your targets are going in to this market, regardless of what he does. I've always stressed you need one short target to be able to get cash flow, one long target to help change your life. Second thing, I do want to stress, despite how much volatility we have in a market, given because of leadership, it's going to be one of the greatest bound opportunities of this decade. I do not want you to forget that point. It felt like this in twenty fifteen. It felt like this doing Brexit, it felt like the pain was never going to stop. But even in a recession on average the last seventeen to nineteen months, for those of you who are locked in, if you can buy and hold long term in three or four years, you are going to be lady. And we'll talk about it later. There are some companies that are dominating Netflix one of them. Netflix has moved up my respect level a lot. Visa is what most financial services companies should be. There's still quality out here despite the BS that's going on with his decision making.
Speaker 1: So yeah, quality, I mean, business is still happening, especially when we kind of led with it. But you see the amount of money that's being allocated toward AI development even in the midst of all this. Right, It's the reason why they all met with him and they continue to meet with him. Is Yes, part of it is his thought is we've been unfairly treated when it comes to tariffs. But the other part of it is on shore manufacturing and based on a lot of what the especially the Max seven. They're making a commitment to make sure that at least some of the manufacturing is on shore.
Speaker 3: Is it too late.
Speaker 1: For a company like Apple, That's gonna be tough for a company like in Nvidia not as not too late, because they've already if you look at the manufacturing, I know that, and you kind of alluded to it to start to show. But that five hundred billion over the course of four years, obviously that makes it one hundred and twenty five billion UM per year toward data set of development. That manufacturer is going to start producing its newer products. So Hopper is still being produced in Taiwan and maybe some of Blackwell, But at this point going forward, and we've seen the road out till twenty twenty seven Blackwell Rubin, and I forget that the name of the twenty twenty seven product, those will majority of those will probably be manufactured here. Based on this announcement that they had today, an.
Speaker 4: Illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.