Speaker 1: We gotta be rolling. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the first episode of the bust In Spring Tour. We have with US Spencer Rattler and Juice Wells first Team all sec.
Speaker 1: I was looking you up earlier.
Speaker 2: But before we get into that, we're talking a little bit about Chevy, or our presenting sponsor. Chevy is as trusted as a company that has ever been innovating. For the last one hundred years. Up to now, most electric vehicles have been either too expensive, too small, or too limited in capabilities for most people. Chevrolet is committed to making EV's available.
Speaker 1: For all Americans. Thank you, brother.
Speaker 2: There is a growing network of public charging stations. There are over nineteen hundred certified Chevy EV dealerships. Chevy has convenient ways to research and shop EV's online. EV's for everyone everywhere. Before we started this episode, I did tell the boys hang on, that was so hey. I appreciate that. That was a big deal for me. I don't know if you guys know this or not. If you guys watch the show and just say you do, I don't read good by a one point FMGP and my junior year of high school set out the acts forget me that twenty nine.
Speaker 1: We made it through, and we made it through the whole.
Speaker 3: We welcome to busting with the boys, fellas. Or should we start Taylor?
Speaker 2: We should start in high school because Spencer is from Arizona. Went to Pinnacle High School. Did you ever play Shato High School or Chaparral High School?
Speaker 4: I played Chaparral High School. I was actually supposed to go to Chaparral. Really grew up in the Firebirds organization. Yeah, and I played Captain Shadows in basketball.
Speaker 1: Didn't grow up with enough money to go to Chaparo No, I mean.
Speaker 4: They wanted me to come, but I lived like twenty seconds away from Pinnacle.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when I was a sophomore in high school, we I went.
Speaker 2: I was that catch of Shadows and we played Pinnacle Cox seven the cable. I went to Catchows my first three years, and then I went to Chaperon my senior year.
Speaker 3: Left him because they suck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we actually want to stay championship. The year we play Pinnacle, we beat them thirty one to zero.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're talking about your senior year.
Speaker 1: My no, my sophomore year, my junior year, we were awful.
Speaker 3: Oh were you playing your sophomore year, of.
Speaker 1: Course, starting nose tackle and did I ball?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did?
Speaker 4: You sure?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 2: No, actually it was a terrible notes tackle. Well why did you end up you were at Oklahoma? You end up going to Oklahoma out of high school? What made you want to go there and not Michigan.
Speaker 4: My mom's from Michigan. So funny you say that. I went to a Michigan camp my freshman year, met Jim Harbaugh and everything, and it clicked. But I just feel like it was too cold up there. I wasn't used to it. Oklahoma at the time they were pumping out Heisman quarterback, so I was like, hey, let's give this a shot and see how it goes.
Speaker 1: So that was my decision.
Speaker 2: Do you have any unique experiences with Jim Harball because I heard his tactics can.
Speaker 1: Be a little unique.
Speaker 4: No, he definitely. You know, he's an interesting guy. From what I remember. He always has those khakis on. You know I always had the khakis on.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, intense, looked very serious. Sat down with him probably for five to ten minutes and just talking. He was just a very interesting, very interesting cat for sure.
Speaker 5: Man talk about talk about Oklahoma you set a record, you tied Sam Bradford's record eight touchdowns. You led the Boys to a Big twelve championship. You were a Heisman candidate going into that final year. When you ultimately yeah, you ultimately transferred after getting after getting benched, and I think the second somewhere early and see I think against Texas, yep. And you from your perspective, what happened at Oklahoma, You know.
Speaker 4: It was a bunch of different things. I kind of controlled what I could control. You know, as a player, as a quarterback, you're gonna get a lot of blame for everything, you know, But we were winning games at the time. I think we were on a fifteen game win streak going into twenty twenty one. And then everything kind of spiraled out from there on after and uh, you know, it just played out how it played out. But you know, I had a good time at Oklahoma, had a lot of success, has some adversity, but learned a lot for sure.
Speaker 1: Juez, what about you? What about your high school career? What led you to South Carolina?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 5: Hey, he was jmu Yeah boys, Uh yeah, I feel like the transfer port played in your favor, right, Like that's when it was coming out.
Speaker 3: You're somebody who was absolutely killing it. You were like an all American.
Speaker 5: I was seeing some of the statue at a GMU shout out Virginia by the way.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like getting to use of transfer portal to your advantage.
Speaker 5: I feel like the most of the time guys going to portal, it probably doesn't work out the way, but it seemed like you just needed like an opportunity to go play against like big competent fishing forward to set you up for Probably.
Speaker 6: I see a lot of polic clusters, they say, but I see like they'd be like, you know, the transfer portal, Bogue's all this other stuff.
Speaker 7: But I definitely used it to my advantage.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: I always was like an underdog come out of high school. Like you said, I had a low GBA come out of high school. So I was having a hard time. And uh, come out of high school. I went to Fort Union Military Academy. He was like, as it's a famous one, you almighty heard of it or something like that. But I went there for three months, six months or whatever. No phone, no nothing got me right though, you know what I'm saying. So I went there. Then I went to jam U, and I just went there with a chip on my shoulder, and I knew I didn't belong there, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, I'm gonna just come here kill you know what I'm saying. Then hit the portal and I told the scene is that. When I first got there, I'm like, look, I'm only illbow two years.
Speaker 7: I'm gone, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So I went there, Yeah what I had to do, and I'm here.
Speaker 1: Why you went to an academy first before JMU?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because my grades was bad. I was I didn't Yeah.
Speaker 1: You weren't eligible to go into college.
Speaker 7: I like a one nine.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 2: The academy was essentially a community.
Speaker 6: No, it was like a like a prep school, you know what I'm saying. So, yeah, so we played play like Paul Metal Prep. You know, all these Copper State. It was crazy teams we was playing. It was like put together teams we was playing. But I went there for my grades and I went there. I still had a good season then, but I broke my ankle like the second game, so I didn't really play.
Speaker 1: But you had a good season, but you played one game.
Speaker 6: I had like touchdown I had like four touchdowns four hundred yards, Like I was going crazy.
Speaker 8: They must have been that second game. You said, what when you broke your ankle that second game? Like it was like it wasn't even in the game. It was like practice, like we had EACU come to practice. I'm trying to get an offer. I go out for a fade ball. I heard like a crack. I'm like, oh snap, Like what's going on.
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 6: It's my first time ever being interested. So I get back in. I'm like, I'm good, let's go. I run a drag raw it cracked again. I'm like I'm done. I'm crying. I'm like, man, I came here to get off cause I can't even get offered no more. But I focused on school, got my grades right, and I was good. You look back or you're like, damn, I took school a little bit more serious, definitely for sure, Like I was. I never knew what football could take. You know what I'm saying, Like I always was just you know, running around being bad. You know what I'm saying, It's just hanging out like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But my pots got me right. You know what I'm saying, and I'm happy.
Speaker 3: Just when you go back home, you probably stress to the young and is like, hey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got I got like eight nephews. I got eight nephews, So I got to make sure I call him read day.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. Make sure you know on the right track.
Speaker 6: And I still have had a little fun and all that's still them be kids, you know, but when they get a little older age and we'll make sure I only tell what you.
Speaker 2: Said when you say you're a running around being bad when you're a kid. Now you go back home, like is there something back of your head, like, man, I can't it caught up with maybe some of the same people.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, keeping arm's length, Yeah for sure, Like I've really go home.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm either down here, I'm neither. You know.
Speaker 6: Whenever you get a breakout, go train, go somewhere else, like Miami, go train to.
Speaker 1: Roll up on backup issues.
Speaker 6: But you know they got gold feet down there, so I go down there with Goldfee or Texas or something like that. I even go to Arizona with him sometimes just just kick it with him.
Speaker 7: I can't go back home.
Speaker 5: Standing time, Spence, Why come back for your fifth year. I know you were looking at maybe going to the NFL, like, wow, why come back?
Speaker 4: Just a lot of stuff left on the table, not just for me, but you know, j just came back. A lot of guys came back. So I feel like we didn't start the year how we wanted. If we started the year, great, you know, we might have had a different decision, But the first half of the year was kind of up and down. Really from November on, we turned it up, and we just want to keep that going into this next year.
Speaker 2: You guys at that we were here for that Tennessee game, and Bro, that was unbelievable. You were legit throwing whatever route you wanted, however you wanted to throw it.
Speaker 1: You were lighting dudes up.
Speaker 2: What do you think changed from the beginning of the season, you say, in the way it went in the beginning to like those last two games of the year, those last three games of the year where you just really turned it on.
Speaker 4: I mean, thanks, good question. Our mentality really just turned up. We were like, you know what, screw it, Let's go out here and rip it all over the field.
Speaker 1: Do it we do best.
Speaker 4: Get in you know, Juice's hands, get in our playmaker's hands. And you know, that's literally what we did out there with a good game plan through the ball. I think thirty seven times switch. I don't mind. I like throwing the ball a lot. These guys like catching the ball a lot, and uh yeah, it was just super fun and it turned out how it turned out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your guys chemistry definitely got a lot better.
Speaker 5: Tell us I would love to hear a time in the season last year where you're piss he's not throwing you the ball. I would assume in the first half of the year, it's like, hey, Spence, like what are we fucking doing here?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: It was like the Georgia game.
Speaker 6: Georgia game, probably the Charlotte game, like those Charlotte and South Carolina state game. I'm thinking like I'm thinking, like when we're playing I still on the schedule Charlotte South Carolina, I'm like, Wall, I'm easy two hundred. You know what I'm saying, Like this is easy, you know what I'm saying. But I'm going to the game like going on, bro like, well, I ain't getting the ball, but I'm open thro the faed bro just forget it. But I mean, everything worked out for us knowing happy to be back. You know what I'm saying, we got a whole lot to prove. You know what I'm saying, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: When he's getting mad at you, saying, hey throw the fade on the sidelines. At one point, Ye're like, hey, shut the fuck up the ball, Just relax.
Speaker 4: There's definitely times where you know, you want to pop off. But I got respect for him, he got respect for me. I wouldn't say he was going off on me, but you know, hey, look my way, look my way. But you know, as a QB, he realizes now we got to go through progressions, we got to do this that you know, our coach is expecting us to do this. And uh, you know, sometimes he didn't touch about. We had a lot of playmakers, but uh, you know he's definitely always been, you know, our top target and definitely want to give him the rock more this year.
Speaker 7: It'll be like it'll be like after a touchdown, I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Cool man the ball, Like that's hilarious.
Speaker 6: Want them to be clips the game I scored.
Speaker 7: I'm like, throw me the ball, come on, stop playing. Like he's like, like what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Going back and forth?
Speaker 5: You always have a video that resurfaces if you in high school, do you still talk to your do you talk to any of your receivers that way? And when you look back at that video, what do you think about? What goes through your mind? Because that's a that's a tough video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm you look, I mean I was young at the time, sixteen years old with all my boys, Like that's just how we we were super competitive. I've always been competitive as a kid. And uh like those are still some of my best friends to this day that we would talk smack to any same receiver, receivers, quarterback, I mean, all them guys I still stay in contact with. And you know, at the time, you a little confident, little cocky, and you might be different when I look back at it, I'm like, man, I just want to you know what I'm saying. I'm just with what was I doing? Be Hey, I was young, I learned and yeah, like I said, I'm still best friends with with some of those guys. But yeah, I'm not popping off on him like that because he might watch.
Speaker 1: Me in my video.
Speaker 7: Yes time I really did. I really didn't.
Speaker 6: Like He's just if you're a competitor you understand player, I'm saying like you just talking. You know what I'm saying, Like as long as people any they feelings and everybody crying and all that, you good, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Man, Hey you drop a couple of balls and then he's.
Speaker 5: Like said, bro, you dropped four or five passes in a row, Like he's gonna get you don't like it?
Speaker 2: Like, bro, shut the out, needs you to leave me alone because you're in your head. Like and then they want to come and talk to you about like if I miss a block, Derek Henry will literally be like, hey, what happened there? But you know what the fun happened there? Yeah, obviously I missed the block. Relaxed. That's not the.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, dude, It's a fucking part of the game. It's definitely part of the game. Dude.
Speaker 2: When you say something changed, like you guys got loose towards the back half of the season, Like what sparked that change for you guys? Because it is very easy playing football to think like you're at an SEC school, you're supposed to win, you got you're extremely highly rated. Obviously the grades we had a hard time there, but now you're like, you have more receiving yards than the other two receivers combined. All American candidate, like what how do you compartmentalize the stress factor and trying to be perfect and then letting it loose.
Speaker 4: It was really zeb Nolan, he played quarterback here, was like it was like a ga and last year or two years ago he had come in and had to play. It was like a sixth or seventh year and he was like our you know, QB analyst last year helped out a little bit. He just told me they go out there and have conviction with every single throw. You know, my dad's calling me every five times a day, Hey do this, do that?
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 4: Always backing me up. But really I just cut it loose and played like it was high school again. You just have fun with it. Get it too the guys like this and he'll make plays and that shit was fun man, going on from November on. That was that was a great feeling and we're trying to emulate that every single game this upcoming year.
Speaker 5: You probably had to feel good too, Like you know, a lot of people when you were playing really well late in the year, people like, okay, this is Spencer Rattler of old like the one that Oklahoma recruited, was doing well before everything had went down at Oklahoma, So I'm sure that was I'm sure it's good being able to do that and then start having fun with some of the boys and just cutting it loose.
Speaker 4: Definitely, definitely. Just I don't like when people say, oh, that's the old Spence right, because you know that that part of my game never left. Just had to get used to a different league, new team, new system, new coaches, and it just clicked at the right time.
Speaker 1: I guess what.
Speaker 2: Were the biggest differences for you, like being in the play at Oklahoma then coming here to the SEC.
Speaker 4: Just the different type of offenses like we went. It wasn't pro style at all at Oklahoma. It was more like spread. You know, you got a two word play call, yeah, and you're going one, two, three, four, all peer progression reads. You come here and it's like watch skipped the gun bunch left past seventeen, buster nudge the spear X pile on alert. You know NFL type plays where you got to tag everything, and you know, it took me a minute just to get that stuff down with the progression stuff. But once we got it down and kind of not simplified but did what we did best, that's when we cut it loose towards the end.
Speaker 5: Was there a mental battle in all of that, like when you did transfer over and leave Oklahoma and everything else.
Speaker 4: For me, it was refreshing. I had a fresh feeling. I was ready to start somewhere new with like Coach Beemer. You know, he was with me at OU so I already knew him. So it was a it was a you know, fresh feeling coming in, you know, and I just wanted to come and try to help South Carolina get back on the map. And uh, you know, guys like this came in and you know, I think we think we back on the map a little bit. We still got some ways to go, but we only come.
Speaker 2: Up just from when you were at gm U and you enter the transfer portal, like what like what in your head made you say, Okay, I need to utilize this new resource that the cultureble has. Is like go to the go to the portal and figure out where you want to go. And like how many offers did you have?
Speaker 7: I have about I think twelve, you know what I'm saying. Summer around there.
Speaker 6: But what really stood out to me, I was like, you know, I got something to prove, you know, I want to see what guy got to store from, you know what I'm saying. So I'm like, why not take it to the furthest extent and why not go to the SEC and you know, show scouts and you know other people that I can do it, you know what I'm saying. So I did that and yeah.
Speaker 5: No, fel the NIL money. Does that have any effect on the locker room? Dude, guys compare stuff. I'm curious because you know, back back when we play like we there was like trans portal as you guys know, you just get your scholarship check. Now guys can make money, especially yourself. You're coming back, you're a quarterback. Like, is there a vibe at all in the locker room. I'm not saying like in a negative way, but it has the NIL world kind of changed the way guys can, I guess operate.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the question is, but I.
Speaker 4: Mean I feel like within the team, within the team, I feel like we're all super close. Nobody talks about dollar amounts, nothing like that. I mean, our locker room is tight, you know, we talk about being the closest team in the country. You know, we kind of focused on that every day. We don't we don't talk about that stuff, but you know, obviously people know, and we obviously if we get an NIO deal, we'll try to help others as well on the squad because you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: You guys get you guys chirp each other. Come on now, Like Spence comes in there, like, ooh, Spence, I saw the no no me and him might be like what you got coming in? He got some stuff coming in, as he might want to talk about, but he got a track coming I got a new track cock coming in? You got a new what track? Hall?
Speaker 3: Track Hall?
Speaker 4: It was like a crusty jeep, like, oh, no, shite.
Speaker 7: My dog, well, my dog herm gonna get me right.
Speaker 6: Shout out to her. You know, he gonna he's gonna get me right. I saw y'all whenever I get it, might take a picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, send a picture, dude. And I heard you got some nice wheels too, Some wheels that dudes in the league have pretty good, you know. I mean, I don't want to say it alloud, g Wagon, but yeah, he's got some the g Wagon I heard you wagon.
Speaker 4: Maybe down the road, but I got the little coup right now. Four fifty shout out to shout out to dire dealership.
Speaker 2: In college, I had a fifty cc moped and we only do only do Chevy fifty cc moped, a nineteen eighty four Catallact de viill that had no power sparing though. Yeah we did all right, Yeah, yeah, we did all right in the process, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Hell, how long we want him? I don't I know. My man Juice is hungry for a few minutes right now. We good, No, he's angry.
Speaker 1: He's angry right now.
Speaker 2: You want to get you something? Send somebody right now. You're an All American? Great first, what do you good? Do? You? Guys say like you want to keep building off last year and keep the same momentum you diad like, what is the expectation for the Cocks this year?
Speaker 6: I don't really put no expectation on you. You know what I'm saying. We just going out there, We're just going ball. No, it ain't ain't really too much to you know. We're going with the moment and we got No it's just who I.
Speaker 4: Feel like, Yeah, I feel like if we put expectations on it on your back. You know what I'm what you want to do in this league? You know, have teams circling you know your name. Every week happened, Hey, we're ready for whatever.
Speaker 7: Whatever.
Speaker 5: How about this one though? In South Carolina? The team to beat in South Carolina? So that was good. Now you get the last what what was it when we were down there? Count on the trophy? Last eight games? Clemson seven and nine, seven and one. But but but your last.
Speaker 3: Last game, you know, as good as your last basketball too.
Speaker 7: They just knocked them all.
Speaker 3: To So they came South Carolina just knocked on Clemson.
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Baseball, women's basketball definitely respect both ways.
Speaker 1: But this year we did our thing in rivalry.
Speaker 3: That's how it is. You can talk a little.
Speaker 2: You could be like, yes, at Michigan we played Michigan State. We called them our little brother. I went one and three against Michigan State. I still call them my little brother. I disrespect them as much as possible. Ohio State, what was your record verse that? One in three and three? Yep, you don't any big ten team. There's probably one in three Beadle State. Yeah, twenty twelve they stormed the field twelve. Who's the quarterback for Ohio State that year?
Speaker 1: Braxton Miller?
Speaker 2: Probably he was he was dirty Hile State is the kings of having good quarterbacks in college that don't pan out in the NFL.
Speaker 5: Can claim that some claimed Joe Burrow Burrow, you know how it is.
Speaker 2: They do they do when you're when you're a first round pick. Are they going to claim you at Oklahoma?
Speaker 1: They will? You know they will.
Speaker 2: Did you have any bad blood towards Oklahoma? Do you feel a certain way? Man?
Speaker 1: Okay to feel that way?
Speaker 4: You know, the situation happened, how it happened. You know, obviously I was salty about it. You know, I'm a competitor. I want to be out there playing, and we were winning games, like I said, so we were defeated at the time where I got best. So I'm like, damn. But hey, man, you live and you learn. God send me here for a reason. That's how I look at it.
Speaker 5: All these questions are like, you know, when people are telling you about the NFL and everything like that, all the coaches everywhere, like that's going to be such a focus definitely.
Speaker 3: When you're going through that draft process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole Why did you transfer things? Why did this happen? That stuff?
Speaker 2: Buddy, I had so many interviews of the combine, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a hypothetical genera in college, I was absolutely I did a lot of cocaine.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 3: Hard.
Speaker 1: My news was a vacuum behind high ball out. Yeah, I mean two time All American.
Speaker 3: On that.
Speaker 2: Uh would you rather both be first round picks or one of you be a second round pick and both play in the same team when you're in the NFL?
Speaker 1: M M, good question.
Speaker 3: I came out of nowhere. I didn't even know though.
Speaker 2: That was just I just had that in the back. I'm in him with this cocaine comment, and then come out with some heat.
Speaker 1: Dude, I might have to see you on a different team.
Speaker 7: Goals before I gave it, you know, the first round.
Speaker 4: First round, first rounds, the goal for sure, absolutely always gotta be.
Speaker 7: You know, we probably traded something that'd.
Speaker 5: Be cool, like the who probably trader.
Speaker 2: You probably trade for somebody so you would you would not be a second round pick for your boy to throw them.
Speaker 4: Bro, first goal, Yeah, we have if it could turn out like Joe Burrow and Jam Chase, but I think Jamar came out the year after Joe. Yeah, I had to play them dudes, Chase. This Chase kind of looks like does does to play the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know it is the game and all that is that the number one guy you trying to emulate.
Speaker 7: So lookie the year you know, eighteen hundred yards l s.
Speaker 3: U Baby said that thing. Now get it up close, low volume.
Speaker 6: Boys, you know, I mean he's like he aggressive off the line.
Speaker 7: He don't really do too much for that. Like, you know, we gotta kind of got the same game.
Speaker 5: So who's the uh who do you respect the most of the corner in the sec None of killer mentality right here?
Speaker 7: Man, respect nobody. I go out there to kill. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: If I feel like I got like respect for anybody or something like that, then I feel like it's gonna, like, you know, throw me.
Speaker 7: Off my game, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Like I'm here to get money, just like yeah, you know what I'm saying, So no respect when we in them line like me playing my blood brother, whoever it is, you're gonna get this work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that fired me. That fired me the fuck up.
Speaker 6: Telling you like when I first came here, like I was, I was talking ship like I'm here, like I'm here to play, you know what I'm saying. Like, and I think that just come from you know, just you know, coming up my mama only son. You know what I'm saying, I got seven sisters. Like it's just like I always felt like I had something to prove, you know what I'm saying, And then like I was always like an underdog too, you know what I'm saying, like not being recruited all this stuff, so it didn't really no respect.
Speaker 7: Between them, between them lines.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, I'm here to feed my family and get paid, so get all that.
Speaker 2: If you were sitting in a room at the combine with coaches, what would you tell them? Is your best quality as a receiver? Hey, so I am.
Speaker 6: You know it's I think just my physicality, you know what I'm saying, Like, you're not really gonna get your hands on me, you know if you is, I'm gonna be physical back. You know I can block, you know I can catch the ball, got good hands, knowing I can win that fifty.
Speaker 1: Fifty balls.
Speaker 3: For each of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, same question, as a quarterback.
Speaker 4: Best quality, I would say, I feel like I make guys around me better. I can extend the play, and uh, I feel like I'm very accurate. You know, I definitely want to improve on everything, but I feel like I'm very accurate and and could definitely extend plays and and do things like that.
Speaker 7: Strong arm too strong arm.
Speaker 2: To the boys, hyping boys you gotta around, I'm gonna bring the vibes down. If you had to tell them your week biggest weakness, what would it be?
Speaker 4: I would say trusting my arm too much? And sometimes you know, I had more interceptions than I wanted last year, and that's just simply based off trying to do too much. Trying to trust my arm too much. I'm trying to throw off balance, you know where Usually I could make that throw, you know, but these dudes are good in this league, got good defenses every week, so those guys are gonna make plays. But yeah, i'd say trust my arm too much at times. Je I think, m No, it's gonna be a question for sure.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 7: I don't really too much focus on my weakness, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't know if if a coach is being critical to you when you're sitting this in a wide receiver room, Coaches, like, these are the things you need to work on, whether you see it as a weakness or not.
Speaker 1: One of those things.
Speaker 7: Oh see.
Speaker 6: Now, Like if you said I need to work on those, definitely, you know, go work on it, you know what I'm saying. But I think, uh, the way I see like defenses and stuff like that. You know, I can see cover two, cover three, all that type stuff. But like if you give me different leverages, I try to like stem at them a different way when I can just be vertical off the ball something like that, you know. But I don't know, probably you know, getting the playbook a little fast.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't focus on the weekends too much, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're a textbook wide receiver, textbook wide receiver.
Speaker 1: And that's a compliment, by the way, appreciate that, Like you want dudes like that. We didn't have guys like that when we got a J.
Speaker 7: Brown and a J.
Speaker 1: Brown legit was.
Speaker 2: Disrespecting guys as a rookie to the point where like, who the fuck is this guy?
Speaker 1: And he got a thousand yards.
Speaker 6: I'll be seeing stuff about like you know, rookies and all, I'm taking them out to dinner. I seen one thing Jaylen Ramsey said like he gonna have like a he had like a like a I guess, like a love men you already made like guys, like, I'm not going there and spending sixty K on the dinner.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, you're gonna spend that night.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna do it, but I'm definitely gonna have a menu though, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like like that already.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now the vest just scared the shit out of me. Like I was undrafted.
Speaker 5: So my signing Bums was like twenty five hundred dollars after taxes, and so they were talking about a comp you you know, you got to pay for dinner, and I'm literally sweating, Like Fletch London Fletcher was was my vet.
Speaker 3: I say, hey, Fletch Man, like, do I really have to pay for dinner? Like legit man?
Speaker 5: I He's like, Colm Man, We're not fucking making you pay for dinner.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: We would do that, like we would take the rookies out and then uh we would like pretend to get like Louis shots for everybody. We would just get them a Louis shot and then we'd have them bring out like a fake bill for like fifty thousand, sixty thousand dollars. Would you have to spend twenty thousand rookie dinner? Yeah, but it's really not. If he gets the first round pick, you're gonna be all right, Yeah you were first round. Yeah, I'm saying like, the thing that's really frustrating is especially for like for you, because you're gonna be in a really small room, but you're gonna sit there and be like, hey, we want X, Y and Z on Saturdays. We want you to go get us Krispy Kreme donuts and make sure it's in the meeting room on Saturday morning. And Saturday is low key the only day you really get to sleep in.
Speaker 7: But what if you don't do it?
Speaker 1: That's a fine, a fine, a fine, And there's like you have levels of fine.
Speaker 3: Vets in the room, like you know, say you're a lazy.
Speaker 1: Fine, there's an ugly fine.
Speaker 3: There's your name, your name in a meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you highlighted, you're if you're on their Instagram, it's a fine. It's like twenty five dollars, fifty dollars.
Speaker 5: It all depended it buries from team, the team, Yeah, wow, like it titians he hit Like if he goes high though, it won't just be the quarterback room and they're gonna make him take the offense old line.
Speaker 2: Yeah line, take the boys out for sure, by the old line.
Speaker 3: Christmas presents, make sure.
Speaker 1: They're good presence, because I've had good ones and I've had shitty ones.
Speaker 2: What's the best present you got from a from a QB? Marcus got us suits one year. Like we were at dinner at Cane Prime in Nashville and uh, some suit guy came in, measured us at dinner and got us all suits.
Speaker 5: Hey iPhones remember that? Yeah he got it Marcus. Marcus took him out to dinner one time.
Speaker 1: Rolex.
Speaker 4: I think Lamar Jackson got his old line all Rolexes. That's crazy, it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Hey, Russell Wilson got his boys.
Speaker 2: Uh Amazon stock, Wow, like fifty dollars in Amazon stock or something crazy like that. That is they know you for twenty minutes. That's gonna be something you're gonna struggle with. Is like you're gonna have to carry pads off the field you're gonna have to do.
Speaker 7: There's there are some I'm like, what if you balling though, Like.
Speaker 2: If you're balling, listen, you bar this is pream the first couple of weeks, weeks of the year. If you walk in your wide receiver one and you're balling, everybody like you put your ship out there and be like, hey, I'm not doing this ship no more. But there are some things like it's just like just the right of passage that you have to do certain things. Some rooms are worse than others. Wide receivers are very inconsistent.
Speaker 5: Well, don't you know there are stories where guys don't do stuff. Yeah, you know what I mean, they pasture up and they don't do stuff. I guess we're trying to like say like, don't be that.
Speaker 1: It's not that big. It's not that big of a deal. The thing is like.
Speaker 7: Trying to like, you know, be extra.
Speaker 5: You know, like that's what a saying, like they trying me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not trying any So he had to go through that too. Yeah, but was one of those they didn't do ship. He was like, I'm not doing this. And AJ was also the best receiver. By far, he's the only guy we think the built like a transformer, so he is really built like anybody you know, right, Its awesome the first couple of years.
Speaker 3: Man, it's like when dudes are just ready to fight off the jump. It's like, okay, it's not the AD series, but fuck man, Like.
Speaker 1: Mister Receivers was huge Medico.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they but me the most.
Speaker 2: They bugged me the most was like, that's Saturday, because like that's really the only day you get to sleep and that and Friday you get to be in there like eight o'clock, but Saturday you don't be there till like nine ten o'clock. Sometimes you're like, I'm gonna get to sleep, and you got me running errands.
Speaker 1: And then before the flight like be multiple receivers.
Speaker 2: So yeah, before the flight will be like noon and the flight takes off at two forty five, and they're like, all right, you have to take everybody's like what they want from Wingstop or like subboy or something like that, and you have to.
Speaker 1: Go and get it.
Speaker 3: Look at us old heads just killing for no reason.
Speaker 5: You are forcing it on them, right, leg I think if you do the one big thing and then you'll all the like small Saturday petty stuff like that.
Speaker 3: For the other guys.
Speaker 2: You went in there and got all the wide receivers gifts right away, like nice ones. Don't get them roll excess, but I get them all ipip.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's smooth.
Speaker 2: Just something like that, and be like boys, I'm just let you know it's not going to go the way you think it is during the season.
Speaker 1: But this is for y'all.
Speaker 3: Just know that.
Speaker 1: I love y'all. Next little myself. That's a good ass idea.
Speaker 7: We'll use that.
Speaker 1: That's for you, dude. You should take that.
Speaker 2: If you guys could go to we will wrap it up in a second because I know we're at twenty eight minutes right now. But regardless, because I didn't want to go to the Titans. I did not care to go to the Titans growing up. Where did you guys want to play in the NFL?
Speaker 6: Well, growing up, I wanted to play for Green Bay. But now I want to go play like in Miami, like Texas or something like that.
Speaker 3: Somewhere warm, yeah, somewhere.
Speaker 1: Warm ho Dallas. Yeah, I feel you, Hodallas, Can I see you?
Speaker 7: I go Dallas?
Speaker 1: Because you do not want to go to Houston, My friend, you do not want to go there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe you know, well, when you grow up and you literally like even if you're not a Cowboys fan, what if you're a Redskins fan growing up, like you would still look at the star and the helmet and be like fuck, oh yeah, I've heard, I've heard, I've heard guys go the Cowboys and like, this is really what I thought the NFL was growing up, Like all like anytime a new iPhone comes out, it's on your locker. PS five comes out, it's on your locker. The deals are crazy because you good to some places and you don't get paid nothing besides what your salary is.
Speaker 4: That's like the highest earning team, right, Cowboys?
Speaker 1: Yeah you for me, I my dad was.
Speaker 4: A Cowboys fan coming up, so I said, hey, if you can go to America's team, might as well. But kind of like him, like anywhere in Florida would be great, maybe the Cardinals, but Kyler's kind of locked in there somewhere warm, chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you went back to Arizona, especially the way people are viewing Kyler Murray right now, yeah, let's this is nothing against him. Also, season doesn't go the way they want it to again. They try to figure out a way to get out of it. They pull a Russell Wilson type thing. They get the bag, they send him somewhere else, and everyone's saying, bring the prodigal son home.
Speaker 4: That'd be ideal, bring the prodigal son home.
Speaker 3: If I wait, you're going to Buffalo?
Speaker 1: About that? You're going to Buffalo in Detroit.
Speaker 5: Bill Bill's will make it all the way again, didn't come up short the fun things that we pissed.
Speaker 3: He'll get out. They're gonna fucking get you out. Yeah, they're gonna get you.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be in Buffalo, man, with your boys. Still keep in contact with your boys and a lot of them. Yeah, don't go to Arizona. I shall get you in trouble without your home. That money in old town Scottsdale, man, Yeah, it's a dangerous, but y'all go in old town everywhere. Where did you guys go.
Speaker 1: Bottle b On? Oh we we didn't. Really you went out more than I did.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about super Bowl Week? Where did we go? It was like that Irish that Irish bar.
Speaker 4: Pat Patty's. Yeah, that's like in Tempe. No, that's an old town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's an old town. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Obviously the bar still bar, but it wasn't. We didn't It wasn't like that didn't Yeah, we didn't get it. No, not crazy like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you take Do you ever go You ever go up to Cape Creek?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I used to play basketball up there a lot, really, yeah, a.
Speaker 1: Lot up to the Buffalo Trip. That's a spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah where they got the Western Whoa.
Speaker 1: That's not really my JP.
Speaker 5: When he scores a touchdown next year, that's just a gift that's just gonna be dropping.
Speaker 1: We need to see it. Hey, fellas, we appreciate you guys coming on. Bombs were high. You guys were all the time. We're hoping, hoping them was the best for you guys.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, man boys. Hope you enjoy subscribe very five stars do all the good stuff.