Speaker 1: Wake up, Wake up in the mall and it's radio and the Dodgers already lunchbox Morgan too, Steve bred I trying to put you through buck He's running this week's next year. The Bobby's on the box.
Speaker 2: So you know what this.
Speaker 3: The Bobby ball?
Speaker 1: So are Taylor and Travis Dunn. That's the question.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: Who's asking that question? Well, a lot of people because there have been some factors. By the way, Travis Kelsey played fine last week. They get like seven catches, little better like around eighty but still you know who's not quite bounced back, probably look like.
Speaker 3: Blobby mentally, he had some stuff going on.
Speaker 1: No, like he's been partying all year and he hasn't really played that well this year, like all off season. He's been all over the all over the world. By the way, I felt that things happen in life. He's got a new girlfriend he loves. Even if he had been traveling all around the world, and he gets a new girlfriend or gets Mary, like, things are gonna be a bit different.
Speaker 4: Also, he's like eighty three.
Speaker 1: No, so I say justice for Travis Kelcey. Second of all, they haven't lost yet. Chiefs are four to Oh, so let's go. Let's go, chiefs. Here's the story about Taylor and Travis. She did not show up to his last game. Do you guys know that? No, I didn't know that. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Well, that's why I didn't know if mentally he had stuff going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was free to play on the fields before, right, but like for shows and stuff VF.
Speaker 3: The very few.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't catch on that. I made that uppid. Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey, they say, according to TMZ, are still going strong despite her absence. Now here's where it gets though a little iffy. According to people, Taylor preparing for her upcoming tour in Florida and rehearsals. Maybe behind her absence. Hasn't she been doing this show for I don't know, two years at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she don't need to rehearse.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's changing things up a song in the show. I'm very pro Taylor Travis because and I really don't care, but I'm pro them because most people have been like, that's not real, and I'm like, that's kind of real. That's real. It's been a while. Yeah, they're really holding on if they're faking it, Yeah, but I think it's real, and so fans are worried about a potential riff, but they are apparently still good to go. Do you believe they're still good to go? Or do you believe it never was true?
Speaker 3: Amy, It's always been true and they're good.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox never been true. And this is the contract got out about when it was supposed to end, and they're like, man, we're gonna have to slow play this now, so I just won't be around as much and we'll do the slow fade away.
Speaker 1: Some people think that I do not, because once the contract came out, they were very very close, and a lot of pictures. They were all over the place purposefully, and now she didn't show up to a game. I would count with that by saying, if we're trying to slow play it, I'd probably come to the game to get people to stop thinking where were slow? Whoh exactly, But that's me Eddie. Oh, it's very strong and it's very true.
Speaker 4: One more Morgan.
Speaker 2: I think they're still real and it's still they're still on.
Speaker 1: Do you think there is on on or do you think it's starting to do what it normally does?
Speaker 4: I don't. I can't if if she misses more games, that will be the deciding factor. But right now, that's just one game.
Speaker 1: I'm pro T and t A TNT, Travis and Taylor got it or dynamite or dynamite.
Speaker 4: I guess, how do we feel about this?
Speaker 1: Guy goes on a date with this girl and then the date's not over and he pays and then leaves because he's like, I can't take that, and you should have told me that already. So here we go. He meets her on a dating site. They meet at a restaurant. First of all, he says, she didn't look like her pictures kind of but not really. I'd say there's about a twelve percent allowance of them not looking exactly like pictures because everybody, for the most part, I don't because I don't care. I'm married. I mean in the best way. I don't. I don't edit anything, but a lot of people will do a little editing. You don't even lie it, even put on a filter, you know, So maybe they don't look exactly like it. But they get there and they're waiting for their food, and she revealed to him she has five kids with three different men, So I'm gonna say that again. Well, five kids, three different men, he says.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: They sat there for about thirty seconds where he said he didn't know what to say, and he said, I'm just gonna go and end the date. He told her I don't see this going anywhere, left the money on the table for the food that they had ordered, and walked out. He says in his post he thinks people should disclose something like that on their profile and not waste people's time. The question is is he an a hole? And I'm gonna say yes. Woo. I want to say yes to this. Okay he is, because again you're across the table from a human being. Yeah, And I think sometimes we forget that when we're in this. Got to have it now. If it's not exactly right now, I don't want it. And no one says that he has to marry this person or even go on a second date with her. But he has committed an hour and a half of his life to this already and nothing is lost if he continues it. And he paid. He already paid two So it's a the money thing. You think you're too good to hang out with somebody that probably made some decisions, and I'm sure she's happy she has the kids, but probably made some decisions at the time she was proud of or maybe she was proud of it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think you could have at least had dinner with her. I think that's what makes her the A hole. I think you can grow from this. I don't think you put that on your profile, but where she messed up was not saying it in the tech in the pre date.
Speaker 3: So you has children.
Speaker 1: Yes, but not five with three men. I think that's so much. But I think what you can do is there's always the pretext, which is either on the app or texting before you actually meet, and that's one of those things you probably disclose now. I would be irritated if I were him and that dang I was really excited about this. I'm probably not gonna further this relationship with this woman because she has too many kids, or she has too many dads of those kids don't know. Doesn't matter, it's not my thing. But I think what makes in the a hole is there was a human being across from him, and he bailed out because he didn't have to make it. Well, if we're not gonna be romantic. We're nothing. You can have them old somebody and learn about their story and just even if you're uncomfortable. Okay, so that's my opinion. Should she have told him yes? Should she have put on her profile? No, sheould get no matches. Think about her though, if she's like, I'm never gonna get a single match. If I put how many kids? Five? How many? Dad? I understat that question, how many? Dad?
Speaker 4: Storty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I mean it could go the other way too, like some women could They could be out on a day with a guy and he could be like, yeah, I have five kids, three moms.
Speaker 1: I don't know how and you know what, unfairly, that wouldn't be as bothersome really to most women. I know it's unfair. You know why because the dad. Again, if we're just doing assigning generic situations, the dad wouldn't have the kids because men or losers in the courts are like mental losers can't trust. So I'm gonna go, yes, he's an a hole. He can learn from this. I don't think he's a bad person because of this, But in this situation, I think, Lunchbox, I'm curious your take.
Speaker 4: Oh No, I think he's in his right mind because he sat there and he went on this day thing, and this could be the one I could marry this chick.
Speaker 1: He's thinking that he's a weirdo.
Speaker 4: Well I agree with that, okay, But he walks in and he sits down. And when you get shocking news, the best thing you can do you need time to decompress. You just got to get out of there. So he was he was nice. He could have just left and paid for his half of the meal, but he paid for the entire meal. What a nice dude, and said, Hey, I don't want to leave you on. I don't want to get your hopes up. Like I have nothing else to say, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: It's more like an tell me something good to you, Yeah, like the guys tell page Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because he could have just left.
Speaker 4: He could have just left. He could he could have done the whole I gotta go to.
Speaker 1: The bathroom thing on this show. You know, we have a lot of opinions and they don't have to match.
Speaker 4: Tell me something good.
Speaker 1: No, it's not really, I tell me something yeah. Half of the news.
Speaker 4: Bobby's nice.
Speaker 1: I don't think I had anything to do with it, but I don't think it hurt Rascal Flats back together. What I just saw it?
Speaker 4: Coincidence, I think not.
Speaker 1: I've been screaming it for a year, Like Joe Don's healthy. We love that. Gary obviously wants to do shows. He's been doing club shows. Yeah. I just announced that they're back together. One when need to get them on the show immediately. I just texted Gary right now. I mean, I'm not say what if one one was listening. I'm not. I know that at least one of them lessons, but I'm not. I'm not saying I had anything to do with it, but I I love it for them. That's awesome. They're gonna go out and do their twenty fifth anniversary tour. Now. I love those guys all of the years, all of them individually and together. I'm so excited for Rascal Philosophy back together. So I'm gonna leave the news with that because I just saw pop up my Instagram fee wow Scooba trying to get them in.
Speaker 3: I'm on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you? Are you eating? Yeah? I just think about it. Something. Sorry's what's what does Scooba Steve have for breakfast? Our executive producer Scuba Steve at Belvida, crunchy cinnamon, brown sugar, a little chips, really really good mix of copy. Sounds good healthy, Yeah, not a right to the news. A woman was caught trying to smuggle more than seven hundred pounds of bologne and prescription drugs across the border into Texas. That sounds like a diddy party.
Speaker 2: The blog hiding the drugs. She was smuggling Blooney's yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just smuggling bolooney and drugs. That's why broze in jail right now. Uh, I know she was trying to smuggle a massive amount of blooney and all the prescriptions. He's forty three years old. It has to be believe drugs in the balooney. But also don't you need to permit to carry that much bologny, like that much.
Speaker 4: Meat across too?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, because it's all in like a trunk and it's in big brat boloney. But you need to have like a note from like a blooney doctor or something to say they're allowed this much bolooney or that looks suspicious? Right. The woman only declared a cook mill during her See here's the thing you have to declare it too. There are too many things happening here. Suitcases were moving the car open, which led to discovery of forty rolls of Mexican boloney. There's really problem. It belongs in Mexico. During their investigation, they found two hundred and eighty boxes of undeclared prescription medications hidden inside the various panels of the suv and like under the blo Oh my god, this is even the blooney excites me though. That's a lot of me. Wow. So she's in trouble. They found like eight grand in cash and in the vehicle too. That is from Kview News. Pe Rose died major League baseball's all time hits leader, who earned a lifetime ban from the sport after he gambled on the Cincinnati Red Games. Died at eighty three years old. He's the hit leader. He you know, has more hit than anybody else in baseball. Got into a lot of controversy. Wouldn't let him in the Hall of Fame because of the betting on baseball. He claims the only bet on his team to win. But you can't bet on baseball. I think we'll get in the Hall of Fame now. That he's died. Oh yeah, I do. I think most of them. Bart Well, I think that was the whole purpose of it. They were't gonna let him in alive, and he would sign balls. I'm sorry, I bet on baseball not really one of the war mist up guys from what I know. Not to speak ill of the dead, because it was amazing ballplayer like would run through people. Name is Charlie Aussel, but Bargie Amadi that the commissioner back in the day was like, we're not gonna let him in the Hall of Fame. So I bet he gets in now now that he's dead.
Speaker 3: And they call that postumus, posthumous, posthumous.
Speaker 1: It's a tough word, is anyway. Cans of pumpkin puri even though that advertise one hundred percent pumpkin pure whatever, it's hard word, thank you, posthumous.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't. I don't even know what pure pure is.
Speaker 3: A pumpkin pure like in the cairn, like what you would do?
Speaker 4: Anybody call it puri?
Speaker 3: No, but pumpkin pie, like that's what you would use.
Speaker 1: Tough word, never used it. I know what it is though. It's like liquid, right, yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Mush, not liquid pure.
Speaker 1: You look, you look, I think it a pure purel. You don't drink it, so yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway, it's squash what so cans of pumpkin purity, even those that ever does fure, even those that advertise one hundreds of pumkin, are actually made of different squashes. That's not that's not right. That's that's like the tuna.
Speaker 3: I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, it's not their cousins though, yes, and then not real tuna at all is not it's fraud.
Speaker 2: This is at least like like a cousin, like you said, or a sibling.
Speaker 4: It's not pure.
Speaker 1: Huh sure is uh? So anyway, I don't care. From Appetite a research journal. If you're someone who loves spicy food but your spouse likes bland food, just wait, you'll eventually have the same taste and food, according to research. A new study found the longer two people are in a relationship, the more closely their food and smell preferences line up. It's most likely because it's easier to eat similar foods together and you get used to it. Wow, I would agree. I hate onions. My wife loves to put onions and stuff. And I can do a little onion now because she just puts it on everything. I just don't need it to be large. I don't like the crunch of an onion. You could period, I could period. Rhode Island boy, six years old starts his own poop scooping business to pay for catadoption. Like, he's six and you want to start a business. Wow, He wanted to pay for it himself, and so he calls it poop a scoop of Luca.
Speaker 4: His name's Luca.
Speaker 1: And so he's been scooping people's yards for fifteen or twenty bucks for multiple dogs, and he's raised enough money to do this. Now people are giving him money, and I'm sure he's going to start something with it, like an organization to help. But yeah, a little six year old starting hustling. Do you ever a post with that story. People are ditching friends for their pets. Americans are all in on their relationship with their pets. A new survey finds it ninety nine percent they should show your fur friends love and appreciation daily. Okay, who's the one percent that's like, ignore your dog? About ninety seven percent say pets are family members. Yeah, I feel that. And then nearly half of pet parents admit they've skipped hanging out with friends to stay with their pet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if your pets it's sick or something, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: But but also to hang out. But mostly it's not because I want to hang out with the pet. It's most because I don't want to go with the friend. And I just have an excuse. If you go to my instagram because this is hilarious. I have a bulldog, and then I have a dog that is like many different breeds, but she's like hounds husky, so she howls anytime there's anything ambulance thunder show. Our bulldog does not howl because bulldogs don't howl. Now he started to hear her howl, and he starts to try to howl.
Speaker 4: Whoa.
Speaker 1: If you go to my instagram, I finally got him on trying to howl. There's an ambulance driving by, and he goes oooo. The bulldog is trying to howl. It's on my Instagram, mister Bobby Bones.
Speaker 4: Did you see it?
Speaker 3: Not yet, but I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: It's funny. He's just trying to the other dogs.
Speaker 4: Bulldogs don't howl that's cut.
Speaker 1: And then finally a man amputates his winger with an axe after taking these mushrooms mushrooms. That's why, after consuming a large quantity of magic mushroom.
Speaker 4: So that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a thirty seven year old man suffering with a lot of this stuff took an axe to it. Oh you think maybe he like saw something that wasn't there on it and then try to like chump it all like a bug, yeah, or like a tree needs firewood. You never know. Fortunately, doctors were able to reattach part of it. But it goes on and on. It gets a little graphic. I'm gonna pass on that. But he chopped. That's from sidepost. That's it. Thank you. That's Bobby's crazy that it's October first already. That's every year now, but it's like crazy, it's October first. It's the first of the month. Wake up, wake up, wake up. It's the first of the month. Today's October first. Here are your trivia questions about famous first. For example, if I said, who was the first president of the United States, who is the first US president to live in the White House?
Speaker 4: Adam gone?
Speaker 1: Adam good? Okay, now we'll go around the room. If you miss it, you're out. Amy, who was the first African American woman to host a daytime talk.
Speaker 3: Show, Take Time Talk. I guess I'll go with Oprah.
Speaker 1: Correct, Lunchbox, you'll never get this and give it to him. I can't because it's not fair compared to the other one.
Speaker 4: This is hard.
Speaker 1: This is hard. Yeah, I'll give you three answers. You can get three times. What year was the first iPhone launched by Apple? Uh?
Speaker 4: Two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: You get three guesses, because it's gonna be two. It's two thousand and eight. It's not right, but that's a hard one.
Speaker 4: Two thousand and ten.
Speaker 1: All right, and that would be the second guess. Give me one more.
Speaker 4: Uh, well, we're on the iPhone sixteen.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 4: They don't come out.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna give them this two thousand and seven. I can't give him a hard one like that. Tough, it's tough. That's tough. Lunchbox, who was the first man to win eight gold medals at a single Modern Olympic Games in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 4: Michael Philips, Correct, Eddie.
Speaker 1: You won't get that. You don't give me three guesses.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Samuel Morse was the first person that's in what kind of a message? In eighteen thirty six? Morse code? Now, if I said it was hard, it's dance with Morse code. That's wrong. Ray, Okay, okay, three guesses. Read again, one more time about Samuel Morris was the first person is in what kind of message in eighteen thirty six? Encrypted message in eighteen thirty six? Yeah, no, no, eight. So it's not Morse code. It's a sex. Curiously, I was like, wow, this guy's revolution in eighteen thirty six. Now I'm not going to give you it's too hard for early it's telegraph. Oh yeah, I wouldn't have gotten that. Okay. Who was the first baseball player did fifty home runs in a season back in nineteen twenty Oh that's bab rude. Correct. Okay, now you're all on the clock. Okay, they get harder, harder. Those other ones are hard. Well, those iPhone and Morris didn't count. Amy who was the first act to voice Mickey Mouse in nineteen twenty nine?
Speaker 4: Goodbye What?
Speaker 1: Who was the first actor to voice Mickey Mouse in nineteen twenty nine?
Speaker 3: Mickey Mouse nineteen twenty nine nineteen twenty nine, Mickey.
Speaker 4: Mouse rt Walt Disney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did it himself.
Speaker 1: I realized that later. Wow, Lunchbox who was what? Was the first rap song to go number one on the Billboard Hot one hundred in nineteen ninety So the first rap song ever to go number one? From the album to the extreme.
Speaker 4: Ice Ice Baby? Correct? To the extreme? I rock on Mike like a like a kid.
Speaker 1: Y could y'all the context close?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Eddie.
Speaker 1: The Beatles' first live television performance was on what Famous TV Show? February ninth, nineteen sixty four. I believe that was the Ed Sullivan Show? Correct?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Good job you watched that? Didn't you know?
Speaker 1: Did you watch it live? What was that like?
Speaker 4: Stay up? Amy?
Speaker 1: I'll at you? Stay in? What was the first permanent English settlement in America?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: James? Sound correct?
Speaker 4: Good job? Watchbox?
Speaker 1: What TV show featured the first interracial couple on television back in nineteen fifty one. No, I can't say that? What? Why couldn't you whatever you were going to say? What couldn't you say?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Even just sounds bad? You yelling? I couldn't say that, And I don't even know what it is you couldn't say.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't do this the right answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, what TV show featured the first interracial couple on television back in nineteen fifty one.
Speaker 4: Eddie, I wasn't born there. Come on, dude, ah oh man, Eddie, you get more crap for me in one year older, one year older than you got.
Speaker 1: You were born in the seventies though.
Speaker 2: He's born Eddie more two years.
Speaker 1: You just born a different decades, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna go with Morgan Mindy. I love Lucy.
Speaker 1: Morgan MINDI was from the eighties, Robin Williams. I love Lucy. I want to know off the air what you were gonna say I did, because I don't even know what could be. Oh, I can't say that, Eddie. What was the first university in the United States? Oh? Oh, I get this wrong. What was the first university in the United States? I mean it had to been up to the northeast, one of those Ivy League schools. Gosh, my guess is Harvard?
Speaker 4: Correct? Wow?
Speaker 1: The first one ever? All right, one more Roundaddy's up by one. Amy, who is the first Secretary of Treasury? No, she'll get this. Hamilton correct? Alexander Hamilton whoaous suckers.
Speaker 4: I give her two points because you guys, hey.
Speaker 1: It on, give you two points.
Speaker 4: Give her two points that I was like, that's all you guys are my favorite.
Speaker 1: Say I'm not gonna get this. Next one, lunchbox? And what year did the first person walk on the Moon? I won't accept never you got this. Oh, guys, they'll never get it. They believe you got this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'll get it. It's easy.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh I know it.
Speaker 4: Nineteen sixty nine, Eddie.
Speaker 1: What was the first video game ever created by Atari? In nineteen seventy two?
Speaker 4: You can give himself from his child and he's gonna get it.
Speaker 1: The first video game by Atari?
Speaker 3: The video game was Atari?
Speaker 1: That was the system? Right, wasn't the game?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Gosh was it?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with Pong?
Speaker 4: Correct? Wow, wow, that was crazy.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna say everybody's tied. Yell. Your name is the buzzer, will do three final questions. Today's October first? Is the famous first in what US city? Was the first skyscraper built let's call New York incorrect? Called the Home Insurance Build Eddie, Eddie Chicago? Correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I should just go my gut.
Speaker 1: What was the first cable TV network in the United States. Amy, NBC incorrect, lunchbox, lunchbox, MTV incorrect, Eddie, yeah, Bravo now, Hbo, hbo.
Speaker 3: Oh that's oh, that's a net. What's the difference.
Speaker 2: NBC, CBS, Right, yeah.
Speaker 1: You could get those for free over the old ears. Dang yeah, dang it.
Speaker 3: HBO was the first.
Speaker 1: According to this Yes, and then finally final question, Come on, baby, mister Watson, come here. I want you. What were the first words Eddie, IBM incorrect? Oh, Watson interesting? Good good context? Yeah, but not right, mister Watson, come here. I want you for the first words spoken on what piece of technology in eighteen seventy six.
Speaker 4: Lunchbon, lunchbox, cellophone? Correct.
Speaker 1: You guys are tied. Will do one more set? Just between Amy or Eddie and lunchbox? Yeah? Come on, will you? Henry Harrison was the first US president to do what back in office in eighteen forty one lunchbox die correct winner.
Speaker 4: Boom boom. Who knows their history? William Henry Harrison? You know your first rest in peace?
Speaker 3: He is the first president ripped too.
Speaker 1: After all these years, he still get from lunchbox. People are crazy, obviously, so this one story came out and so it has to do with the mil carrier. A Michigan man WI was charged Friday with allegedly assaulting America mail carrier over a Kamala Harris for President mailer that he delivered to his mailbox. Doesn't this guy know that's going to every mailbox? Well, he wasn't like targeted the mail guy. Malwoman doesn't really know what they're putting in. I'm sure they have so much mail they're just going, okay, address, get it there on time. Russell Frank value sixty one was charged by the prosecutor for assaulting a mail carrier. The mail carrier used pepper spray good to stop the defendant. Oh, you had to spray to stop the person? This is He was found nearby taking into custody. He was charged with one count of ethnic intimidation, a felony, and one kind of assault and battery. If convicted, he faces up to two years in prison. Look what's wrong with people? People? That's from ABC News. Do you not know the male person just delivers the mail they were told to deliver to whom in whatever place they were told to deliver it to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if he threw that mail out. Guess what federal crime.
Speaker 1: Well, not if it was to him, though, you know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, if the male guy, if the mailman decided, oh you know what, I'm not gonna give it to this person, they get in stoved for stealing your mail.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with people? And then there was sorry, what's wrong with People's wrong with people? This story from Fox News. Most Americans are hesitant to share their honest opinions on key political issues. I'm okay with that. Yeah, No, I think we all should just kind of and I think you should get like a blue check, just like on Instagram, to where if you actually understand technically how passing a bill works.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know they vote on.
Speaker 1: It, right who, But I'm saying there the people that are the loudest politically are often the least educated. Because people that are extremely educated on politics realize that every human is flawed, and if you attach yourself to any human whatsoever, I ain't gonna end well. And so if someone's like I'm so Calmon to I'm so Trump, and that's part of their personality, those are usually the people that know the least about it. Like this milk carrier dude who got all upset, like, what does he really know? Except he probably likes somebody, And so very few of us would have blue check marks, even myself in certain parts. Politically you need a blue check mark and you can scream about it. But until you get blue check mark, Nope, can't talk about it. But this is what happens. People yell stuff, people say stuff, or they post stuff, and then people hate them or they fight or they beat up the milk carrier or Yeah, we have a country that just says stuff without even understanding what we're saying. I do that too, by the way, I get paid to do it. But yeah, a sixty one percent of Americans admitted to self silencing their true beliefs. I'm cool with that.
Speaker 3: There's this kid on TikTok.
Speaker 2: He goes up to people at grocery stores like Low's, from Depot, Walmart, wherever, and just asks them like, hey, who are you voting for Trump? For Harris? And they will get their answer. And a lot of times though someone will look at him and say I'm not saying that in public, and they walk away.
Speaker 1: Like and that is probably the smarter thing. Yeah, because it has become so divisive. It wasn't always I can remember being a kid. It kind of didn't matter. He just picked one. I was watching the Events mc mann documentary and the Rock is at the Republican National Convention talking and nobody cared because it's like, you understand that even if you disagree, both sides are actually trying to do what they feel is their best vision for the country. Nobody feels that way anymore about whatever team they're not on. The other team is trying to ruin America and kill the country. So we've lost any ability to have any sanity when it comes to politics or even political discourse.
Speaker 4: It's wild. We don't talk politics on the.
Speaker 1: Show at all because there's no why would why what's the need? You're not going to change anybody's mind. Whoever is an undecided voter right now, you're lying. I've not met a single undecided voter in six years. I'm at people who just don't care. Passive. Yeah, they're apathetic toward the situation at all. But yeah, there's no such thing as an undecided voter. I just start I'm an undset voter from Michigan, and they get all the stuff.
Speaker 4: That they love you yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Lie about it. If findings from this are Americans don't trust the government or the media and are hesitant to publicly admit their true feelings in a variety of key issues. This could be critical with the presidential election looming, as many Americans feel pressure to support a specific candidate or issues publicly, but wouldn't necessarily vote that way in private. Whenever Trump won, he underpolled because people were afraid to say they were voting for him. And then what happened was or a lot of people that were afraid to say that actually went and voted and he won, and so now they have to account for that in the polls. It's a it's a it's an ugly system. That's why I've taken like a half step back from me thinking about, yeah, it's just too ugly. There are two jobs right now that I think people don't understand what most of the job is. Myself included until I like was well versed, like it was baptized into it. One running for office, because basically I do ask for money. That's it. You have to get on the phone ask for money all the time. That's eighty percent of that job. We don't see it. We see the people going out, you have to just ask for money. You're calling people, can have money? Can I have money? Can have money? That's one. The other's a head football coach now at the college level, cause you know what you do. You get on the phone, you say, can I have money? Can I have money? Yeah? And so I have friends buddies that aren't quite friends but the middle level who are head football coaches at Division one colleges, and I'll text them be like, what's what's even happening? Like all we do all days ask for money because we have to have money now. And those are the two jobs that I don't know. Is it a politician? It's not like a job people want to do. Is that just me?
Speaker 4: No? No, not us No, I don't know. One wants to see. I feel like I would like to do it. And here's why. One.
Speaker 1: I don't need it for the notoriety. I think a lot of people that's the new I can famous by running for office, And so people want to be so big opinions they get voted in, they're now famous. Then go on political talk shows and the more more polar you are, the more you get put on these shows. So let's just act crazy. So and that's what these shows, the CNNs, these fux news want to book people with absolute polar opinionscause that's what drives ratings. Remember, the news is not a public service. The news is a business. The crazier things get, the higher their ratings, the more they can charge for commercials. So we have to remember that. Secondly, it's like if you're a politician, for the most part, you get to be a politician because you're you have the financial resources to do that. Like most, not all politicians come from money or at some point of money given to them, because otherwise, how do you not have a job. You got to pay your light bill. It's hard to run for office on a big level, not city council, but on a big level if you got to still pay your light bill. And so I feel like for me, the reason I would want to do it is because I've been through that where where it's like food insecurity, campaign bills, Like I know what that's like, and I think that's rare for someone that gets into politics. And at this point now I have been financially independent enough I could just run on my own money. And that's always been the goal we be so rich I can pay for my own campaign. See that's where it's at because like when you ask for money, don't you promise people things and sort of their understandings their understandings like I'm gonna give you this money, but you can't make out with your wife? What?
Speaker 4: Whoa not keep the money?
Speaker 1: Keep the money? That to me is the one reason I think eventually I should get into public office is because I've been through the real sh blank blank sandwich of it or a lot of rich people who get in they have no idea. They're just rich and they just want what are we gonna do? Will run profice?
Speaker 3: Can they do something else?
Speaker 4: Because yeah, why would you want to people to hate you?
Speaker 1: It wasn't always like that though now it is.
Speaker 4: Like one side if you're a Republican, have to do it, but not always.
Speaker 1: Look at Kentucky, they have a they have that's a very red state with a very blue governor. But his dad was also governor, and he's also not extremely liberal. He's very moderate with some liberal with even some concern even some conservatively for shars like So it's not like that everywhere, but it is mostly like that where it's like if you're one, everybody hates you on the other side, and I can't get anything done if everybody hates me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you are a politician, you get a lot of things for free. I'll come to this concert, come to this.
Speaker 1: Some of that that I will get you. In trouble new York's mayor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for.
Speaker 1: Allegedly some stuff where he was taking in proper benefits, like from like travels. No, that was the former New Jersey governent christ I saw that different different situations.
Speaker 4: Bragg and that she's the one that got him and died about I don't know the same person, but I don't know what she did. Like how I didn't click the headline either. I was like, oh cool, you got someone in trouble. Yeah, battle too.
Speaker 1: Eric Adams is the guy in New York and he's the New York City mayor. So anyway, it doesn't matter. I just feel like I should at some point get in because I actually care about people, but I don't. Ca Here's the thing that gives me in trouble. I don't care about rich people. I give no craps about rich people. I know I need to, but I don't care about rich people. I only care about poor people and a little bit middle because I think if.
Speaker 2: What well, I know, but I don't know. Just finding a way of service to care about all.
Speaker 1: I know, that's my problem. Like I I dislike rich people.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you fall into that category?
Speaker 1: Now? Yes, I'm rich like yourself. Yes, and he dislikes himself sometimes, But.
Speaker 3: You don't want to figure out a way for it to work for everyone.
Speaker 1: I do. But I feel like I had to get this way through a lot of sacrifice and work, and I guess I just hate rich people that have money given to them. Yeah, which is not fair either. It's not fair either for me to feel that way. They were born that waycause I'm sure maybe they were born with it. Maybe it's maybe Lane, Okay, I'm done. Bobby Bone show up today.
Speaker 4: This story comes from Caldwell County, North Carolina. A man was up in a utility bucket, you know, fixing the line. He's up there working on it. Someone comes walking by and goes, huh, that truck's on I think I'm gonna steal it. No, oh, the bucket's also attached to the truck right here. Yeah, So the dude jumps in the truck starts driving with the guy in the bucket down the highway.
Speaker 1: Doesn't see the guy in the bucket. I'm assuming like that's not part of it, Like this will be fun to drive with somebody up in the bucket.
Speaker 4: It doesn't say if he knew the guy was in the bucket. I wouldn't think they did, okay, But the guy was able to throw himself out of the bucket, and he has a safety harness, so he's just dangling in the air, and that's just crazy. He has to snap his own line to fall to the ground so he's not getting thrown by the truck, hurts his leg, and a few miles down the road, the dude crashed the truck.
Speaker 1: Luckily the guy didn't die. How about the guy, You're up in the bucket and all of a sudden, you're like, am I moving?
Speaker 4: Because that has to be a for just a second, like am I move? Oh my god? Wow?
Speaker 1: And so the guy, though.
Speaker 4: He had been in jail before and just stole.
Speaker 1: The truck, just saw a running truck and thought there's an opportunity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guy likes an opportunity. I mean, that's a pretty good that's pretty cool. But what he did do is with the big bucket. He knocked down numerous power lines because he's driving boom boom boom. They had to shut down the highway for twelve hours.
Speaker 1: That's that's crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm lunchbox. That's your bonehead story.
Speaker 1: Of the day. I was thinking about your daughter yesterday and how her homecoming went. That sucked.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it didn't impact her though, So.
Speaker 4: That sure, because I would say stuff too like that doesn't bother me.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think just overall, she was bummed that she wasn't asked, or didn't have a date that she actually really liked, or had a fun friend to go with. So yes, but I don't think she was bummed that he sort of was lame because she didn't like.
Speaker 1: Him, I know, but it's like she had to take pictures by herself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go to day.
Speaker 4: But yeah maybe I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was just upset about that all day long, and that's probably not the worst of all the time.
Speaker 3: I guess I think that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she realized too, I didn't even have it as bad like there was one girl that just got left by her date and then she didn't even have right home no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so the dude that drove her just because I'm assuming they're all sixteen seventeen her date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so oh, even seventeen eighteen year olds.
Speaker 3: It's really weird.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, like, what if I found out that my son or daughter left someone and they had been their date and driven them there and they just was like, okay, I'm going to go.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh is that story? Do you know why I left?
Speaker 3: I don't know all the details. We don't know.
Speaker 2: I just know that that happened. And I kind of thought, oh, well, that is just a bummer.
Speaker 3: And what is happening.
Speaker 4: Guys are jerks.
Speaker 1: That's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Teen boys? And when I was thinking what's wrong with teenage boys these days? And then I I remember teen boys when I was in high school and they would do similar things.
Speaker 1: So could have been like three other friends being like, come on, man, let's just go, you know, and he had to feel cool and.
Speaker 3: So we left. She had to figure out her pride.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: The good news is homecoming is lame.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's kind of fun and novel while it's happening, but homecoming is lame.
Speaker 4: Prom different story.
Speaker 2: Oh my daughter did say to me, I am not going with this guy to prom, and I said, well, I hope not, because first of all, you don't really like him. Second of all, prom is ways away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, prom this year, give me way this year or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like she said it about prom coming up, which would be what like next April or May?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they start asking now, what like end of the year. Yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought least into the ring.
Speaker 4: For April or May prom.
Speaker 1: You could, but I mean I think January is when it starts to happen. Oh.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because I never got asked a prom. I had asked my date. Nobody asked me, but I asked my ex boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh no, he went, that's a whole other deal.
Speaker 4: All right, we're out of here.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that another day.
Speaker 4: We will see you tomorrow. Goodbyeverybody.
Speaker 1: Bobbybone dot com. The Bobby Bone Show theme song, written, produced and sang by read yar Bear. You can find his instagram at reed Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymondo, head of Production.
Speaker 4: I'm Bobby Bones.
Speaker 1: My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.