Speaker 1: On today's episode of The Command Center Podcast, we are recapping the forty nine ers, talking about Sam Howe, what he did well, areas that he can improve. We're also previewing the Dallas Cowboys. Man they got so many weapons, Ceedee Lamb, Dak Prascott having MVP caliber season, and then there's that Dan Quinn led defense man. Those guys look great. We're talking commanders advantages, promable, who's gonna buck the trends, who's the sheriff gonna lay down the law? And Santana Moss passes the mantle of cowboy killer to who find out? And we got game predictions. Also during this episode're gonna hear a lot of smack talk between Fred and I. We're playing one on one. You can't watch that on a podcast, so make sure you check it out on the Commander's YouTube page. But for everything else that starts right now, Welcome into the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with Fred Smoot, who looks like a grandpa kind of low key today.
Speaker 2: I know this is my Daniel Boone survival codind I like Therma with but at Santana Moss, I mean it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like the code. It's just I don't feel like it's you though.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't know the different faces of smooth, I don't, I guess.
Speaker 3: And see this is the more the outdoorsy tapping or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, you know I got I got different faces and different things to do. I'm outdoors me. I could literally survive in the woods for three weeks with just a forking knife in a lot rod.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it. Let's le's talk about this Tom.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you man, I'm from Mississippi. Yeah, I'm really into animals. I'm really outdoors and I like to.
Speaker 1: Wash the hunters.
Speaker 3: Of course I hunt.
Speaker 1: What do you hunt? What?
Speaker 3: I don't see? This is what I am. I'm one of those hunters.
Speaker 2: Because you got two type of hunters. You got guys that like the game and ship. Then you got guys this meeting bread. See, I'm a meeting bread guy.
Speaker 3: And I like to hunt animal. They're hunt you back. See most people like to hunt deers.
Speaker 1: What this man talking about right now?
Speaker 3: People?
Speaker 1: Do you hunt lions?
Speaker 3: And know something like a wild board?
Speaker 1: Okay and a hunt your bag? I sent you that thing about the wildfar dog? Yeah? God, so do you use dogs.
Speaker 4: Fears, Yeah, why not?
Speaker 3: Blot ticks, blue ticks.
Speaker 1: Hound dollars, I know, do you use those?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like a lot of people now are using like the Kane Corso, like pit Bull.
Speaker 3: They're using the big dogs. Get them. It depends on what you hunt though, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So you hunt? Hunt?
Speaker 5: Do you?
Speaker 1: I don't hunt? Yeah? You know what California, Southern California. You still in northern California. They mess around, they hunt a little bit. There's bears and deer and elk up there and stuff you can hunt in northern California where I'm not from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you most definitely a surfer bro. You you don't look like you know you killed, no kill, don't kill the animals.
Speaker 1: I mean, I understand, I understand the appeal of hunting, but like I just haven't done it. I know a lot. I got a lot of guys that I played with hunt without.
Speaker 3: A hunt, everything from squirrel rabbit?
Speaker 1: What do you used to scrorell? Do use like a like a twenty You.
Speaker 3: Could use a Bbie gull foot squirrel dog? Do it in your front. You don't need no dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm asking, I'm asking some people use like beagles for squirrels, biggles and like hairs and stuff.
Speaker 3: Once you kill it, just go pick it up.
Speaker 2: It's like, now you have to be very accurate to hit those squirt right, They smaller, so you gotta be accurate.
Speaker 1: So the other thing, in addition to being a avid huntsman apparently, which I didn't know about you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, out doors.
Speaker 3: Huntsman, is also a.
Speaker 1: Very good basketball player.
Speaker 3: Yes I am.
Speaker 1: And we are going to play one on one. We're recording this on Tuesday. On Friday, we go one and we're gonna play one on one.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be Steph Curry versus Chris the Birdman and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that that'll be at the end of this podcast.
Speaker 2: Let me ask youself, how do you think you're gonna score in the game, because I don't see you having any offensive game, Like what You're just gonna bag me.
Speaker 3: Up and try to power me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fred, I went be smart him. Fred I wait to seventy.
Speaker 3: I've been tackling guys to seventy all my life.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Yes, fine, but so this is this is what I'm thinking. And like you played basketball, you said you could have played in college most definitely you could have played, which is pretty good. But hold you know you're forty four. I'm forty four, you right, and so college was college five twenty two years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I am a lifetime I all start the lifetime here. Yeah, you know, you all start like.
Speaker 5: I've been around Fred what uh for a year and I ain't seen him pick of basketball.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying, Man, be.
Speaker 3: Going to Miami.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I am an all star at the lifetime that got me up there on the wall.
Speaker 3: I aver twenty one.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you so like legitimately, I know, I know you can't tell the truth, but let's just ballpark it. When was the last time you played basketball?
Speaker 3: A couple of months ago?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, that's the more recent that I have. And so I guess what I'm hoping is, I know you My.
Speaker 2: Daughter plays basketball, so I played with her all the time. I go to some of her workouts and we'll shoot around. So yeah, most definitely, I'm I'm around the court.
Speaker 1: I guess what I'm hoping, And this is what I'm hoping for, is that if we can make this like let's say we're playing at fifteen or something like that. Then you're just gonna gass out because you you you, I'm hoping.
Speaker 3: My health against me might have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking that not when you shoot it from the bath room. When I take it out, I'm eligible to here.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna you're gonna miss one, right, You're gonna.
Speaker 3: Miss I'm gonna miss a couple.
Speaker 2: And but the thing about it is with you, I think I could shoot a three, miss it.
Speaker 3: Go get the rebounded let up before you even get real.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Most definitely, I can't, dude.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is this is a knockout.
Speaker 3: My verdict is out of yours? Is it pretty?
Speaker 1: You can't even walk around here?
Speaker 3: Man, Listen, I leave it for after the game. Now I meet off the court. That's fine.
Speaker 5: Should we bring over you gonna take a tour off.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put one of them copper feet on.
Speaker 1: Sleeve for what you gonna wear A you're gonna wear like, No.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look the part I would come out there looking like it's rugs part.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look the part I know that for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're gonna do that. That stay tuned man, see what happens, come out dress like well, I was actually gonna get like put a costume on, like wear like a cut off shirt, maybe some respects, a headband, some sweat bands, you know, like really do it. Yeah, but I think it's gonna be cold.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be cold, ye right, yeah, we have to go outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm in the court outside sweat. I'm have some sweat.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go going to gym though.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go talk to my people at the lifetime and I'm gonna get us in.
Speaker 3: But nobody to be hooping at the time of day.
Speaker 5: Just say you have a segment to be taping. I want to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We we just gotta worry about like if there's sponsors and things like that. We just and they let us in and they're like, yeah, you can use your cameras in here and all that, then that's fine. But that's a lot of hoops for me to jump through, and I'm too late.
Speaker 3: I would do it.
Speaker 1: I would hand Fred does have a hook up?
Speaker 5: Areptreciate somebody I love to have y.
Speaker 3: We're not gonna hips them.
Speaker 4: We'll take a couple of cameras in it will be me intern Caroline. Probably Maddie is gonna I know you're not there to live weight. You can make fun of me all you want to know. I am stronger than I know.
Speaker 1: So I did some training with Jason when he was getting ready for the wedding, and Jason, why do we.
Speaker 3: Do that as humans?
Speaker 2: We had these days that we just we go all out for Indeed, right after that we let ourselves.
Speaker 1: So no, but I'll say this, so Jason's not on Friday. Yeah, So I'm just so like part of me you said, like, why why keep looking at you like this today? I'm just like, what is this man gonna do? Is he getting out there? Like?
Speaker 5: Because it's been a joke for like how many years we've been doing It's been a joke. So everything he says is like a joke. So you was like, is he gonna take this?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want to say you ain't take the Fortes series.
Speaker 3: I'm a competitive Yeah.
Speaker 1: I gotta get there and do a warm up ahead of time, just because you know, you got to get the bodies.
Speaker 3: Of the time I get there, you'd have been and made him.
Speaker 5: Look, I advise you to take it serious, look and go out there with the mind punish him. I'm gonna get him everything I because guess what he wants to use everything against you.
Speaker 1: That's a great point. That's a great point, shoot, Fred.
Speaker 3: I'm proud.
Speaker 1: I just feel like after one one you're gonna miss and then you're gonna have that like kind of that wheeze you get sometimes when you're walking around the building you're yeah, like and this, and then it's gonna be like, I'm just gonna run around.
Speaker 2: Michael Joys lean on his shows like that when you see me in that mode, that mean it's old. They mean they mean up in right now, turn it and take it to the next n I ain't.
Speaker 5: Had nothing to do on a Friday more I would come, Man, I wish I had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But so I'm excited. We're all excited for that, and I'm just like, I'm more excited than anybody because I just don't know what version of Fred. Like, are you gonna wear jeans and these Gucci shoes for this?
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to be out there sponsored by Mike al Jordan Dunn.
Speaker 5: You gonna wear Jay jay Walker shooting like Steph Carry.
Speaker 3: Should wear the hospital shoes. Steph carry.
Speaker 1: So you got me some shoes, which is very nice with them on the show. Nothing I got you just coming today or tomorrow. And then Tanna got me some shoes. I think more were tann of shoes for the game. Yeah, yeah, would be good.
Speaker 5: Right, raise support. You're gonna be good man, You're gonna be good to go.
Speaker 3: Take more than the shoes.
Speaker 1: Tell my daughter it's like you gotta be you gotta be in shape and you have to practice.
Speaker 3: I will be Friday. It's just like gonna get ready for a win five Friday.
Speaker 1: I will be ready.
Speaker 3: I would be respectable. Only take his like three trips to the steam room, jogging on the bike, jogging.
Speaker 1: On the bike. Yeah all right. Well, just a reminder. We're brought to you by Bet three six five. At Bet three sixty five, we don't ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic right now. New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at Bet three sixty five. Use the QR code to sign up deposit ten and choose between either first bet Safety Net offer by placing it beat up to one thousand and if you're qualifying Bet loses, you receive a match refund in bonus bets or better and get offer in place a bet of five dollars or more and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. About three sixty five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: I want you all to bed on the game Friday or who y'all is gonna take when between me and logan disclaimer you must be twenty one plus physically located in Virginia.
Speaker 3: Please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and won't help, call one eight hundred gambling.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, and I'm really excited because it's funny doing the show on Tuesday knowing that they're going to hear this, yeah at the end of the show.
Speaker 3: And that's what I really want them to bed, because most people are gonna be like free it.
Speaker 1: Like oh say that should even comments or you don't have time to do a survey.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, like free it. They know, come on, I was built like a basketball player the whole time I played football. Just totally built like a basketball Fred. Hold you I am twenty three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, all right, we'll see. I can't wait. I'm really excited to be three for like the nineteenth time. It'd be nice if we could do it on a real basketball court. I got one near my house we can use. We're gonna be outside, No, try to get us inside.
Speaker 3: We got more pool.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So in addition to this basketball game, which is everybody's super excited about, obviously the finals, we have to talk about the forty nine ers game. I remember this. We're recording this on Tuesday. This show comes out on Friday, so we're gonna keep this nice and tight. Yeah, but we're quick, Fred, Do you want to start head and you want to start about.
Speaker 3: Let's let's start.
Speaker 1: Let's start with Let's start with we did this last week. I like this worked well. Let's start with all of our cons and then we'll do pros real quick, and then that'll be the segment.
Speaker 3: Cons.
Speaker 2: We continue to get beat down at home, and you gotta protect the house. That's the first thing you talk in football. Don't let nobody come in your cat, your house and put their feet on your cat. It takes a little respect there, all right, to another cun for as well as I thought we played, we still was missing some tackle and I think that that that that this point of your physicality and who you are.
Speaker 3: Just small mistakes were made. But you know, the game was tighter than I thought.
Speaker 5: I would say that it could have also it could it could have also been worse because there was a lot of times where the defense seemed like they was just running around like a bat out of hell. And I guess you can say rock and his clock goes off at a certain time, and so he had to escape some things because it was times I saw a couple of guys wide open down here. So number one come for me would be what I talk about every week, turnovers. I think coming into this game, one of the things I said is that if we if we want to, if you want to make it a game, we might have to be and one of them shootout kind of mindsets. Offensively, yeah, but I was thinking was going to be the guy. So I'm like, hey, it's perfect for Sect because I think he can he can go out there and he can at least get us in range to really either kick a field goal or score a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But with that being said, like you said, it wasn't that kind of game. But still they controlled the ball so much or so well on their side. Yeah, when we did have a chance to say, let's respond, we gave them the ball back. Yeah. And it's tough to play from behind with a team like that. And I'm glad we didn't have to worry about them running score up on us because, like I said before, they had a run game that just kept things going.
Speaker 2: We got to pay mistake free football when you're playing the fording now they're just period.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So for me, I think it's kind of goes with yours. Like the running efficiency of the forty nine ers yea, I thought was really impressive by them, and I think, you know, if it's impressive by them, there's some things defensively that we could have done better, like how we set matches, how we fighting off blocks, how we get into the running back, and how we tackling, And that's been something that's been you know, I think the defense has played significantly better since Run's taken over, but we haven't this entire season been able to kind of manage.
Speaker 2: It all together every level. I thought the linebackers played well. Yeah, I thought they went around sideline, the sideline swapping some paint, and you're right, we haven't hit that game where the front end, the back end in the middle. I'll play together, because then I think they'll show us that they cable being a very good deep thing some of the.
Speaker 5: Things that they showed last year. Yeah, all those guys had those games weekend and week out where you know, all three phases play well even with having some of deficiencies in our secondary last year. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And I thought, you know, like and again, the other thing that I kind of am down on, I guess it's Sam House development. I don't even know if that's a thing anymore, Sam House development, but just that he's turning the football over, you know, like it looked like he did some good things early in the game. Two interceptions, won the red zone, one kind of back toup been our own territory.
Speaker 3: It's he looks like David Carr at the end of two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Does a little bit. I think that's a fair, fairly fair comparison.
Speaker 2: I watched David Carr get beat up, yeah, and I'm watching this kid get beat up.
Speaker 3: It feels like a UCF Max, I mean a UFC match where somebody just got to throw in the towe like he was right, like, man, we need it to protect him. I'm one of them. I just really wanted to see him fight through it.
Speaker 2: But it was times in these game I just see him couldn't physically get the ball to the places he wanted to get.
Speaker 3: I think he just beat up.
Speaker 5: And not only that, just it's at times, you know, I can see him like you trying to put this in the best words. As a receiver. I watched the game a little different, especially when watching the offense. I'm watching the quarterback. How quick he makes this his mind up, Like even if he's reading, does he see it clear and cut? And there was a couple of concepts where we was running the en route and the guy had an option route. You know, he had the end route coming from outside. The guy inside had an option route. And clearly if you read that linebacker, he's going to tell you if I'm gonna throw this this sit down, I'm gonna throw this over route. And it was like, oh, okay, now you get this guy black blowed out because you wasn't look he gave you the option route first, he sat down. Give it to him. Now you know what I mean? You didn't even have to throw the end route. And what he could have done is say, okay, I'm my throat. This is enough to where I get that line back in the move off the live off of me throwing that ball and decisive. So it's not decisive enough. And I've seen that over the past few weeks and that bothers me because to me, it's telling me that he's still trying to learn how to read things quicker.
Speaker 3: Well he's not processing. I mean, he's not processing plays properly.
Speaker 2: Like the thing about quarterbacks that make any difference is how fast do you process?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: Thing about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, They'll hold it, they snap count as long as they need to hold it until we show them something that allows them to know before the snap. Well, this is what they probably in. This is my area that I need to glance first, then I go here second. That's all in quarterback growth, though I don't think as a first year quarterback we can expect him to be doing all of these things to the tea. And that's just why I say, when I'm judging him, I don't even know if I got enough information yet.
Speaker 3: And that's the bad part.
Speaker 2: And the reason we probably ain't got enough information is because maybe one of them sixty some sacks start to get to them.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's a good point in that. Again, I think Tanny, that's a that's a really great point about that first bow concept with the dig in the sit. It's you know, he doesn't anticipate stuff well, doesn't know how to manipulate the defense yet. I think the interception is another great example, the first one he throws in the red zone. He knows, like he does a lot of good things. He knows he's getting all out. He knows it's man coverage. But I'm not sure that he like he and Terry didn't seem Mike, they're on the same page. Like you want to leave that ball, he'll probably a little bit more outside away from the dB, or lose a little bit of ground on the drop and throw it to throw the corner to the logan right. And I think like those are things that you know, is he being put in the best position to be successful? I don't know. I can't comment on that. I'm not in the meetings, but those are things you'd like to see him grow at. And I feel like we haven't seen and that's why that's why it's kind of a bummer because we feel like I've seen.
Speaker 2: The ultimate quarterback scene is to throw an interception and cover zero. Yeah, like we were it out all yeah what he said that because as a defensive.
Speaker 3: Player, we're not in big play mode.
Speaker 2: We are in survival mode, right, yeah, we are really input Know, you can't see the ball. I can't, like literally, I have to let after that two step three, two and a half step read I'm gonna get I gotta let Tanne take me to the ball and you lift. This the case when he reaches his hands out, now break the ball up. It ain't usually all right, I can peek right now and go jump this ball. So it's like the Cardinals scene. If you, as any quarterback coach, what is a can never do throw an interception and cover zero because at the least you could get throw a bad ball and need to one of us catch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And so I think that's again you see some of the immaturity there. I think on the other pick too, we talked about this a little bit last week. It's attack, remember attack with Kyle, Like it's four ten yard stops and so Johan's over to the left. It's man coverage looks like man coverage, and Johan runs a ten yard stop and Johan instead of like runs a nice route, it's a good route, instead of fighting through the contact at the top, the guy kind of underhooks him as he's coming back down and Sam gets off it, double clutches, looks the tight end and then gets all the way back to Pringle. Who's that slot to come back and wait and it's just too late. Yeah, and I think under So first off, I say it would be nice again the route was fine with it at Ham, but just at the top where there's that contact, Tanna, you know, like definitively.
Speaker 2: It was just knock on just coming out of college was can't fight through to run certain routes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think you're I think you're seeing that a little bit more recently, because again, like I thought, he did some really nice route running stuff with stems and stuff in this game.
Speaker 5: It was superb. But it's just like it's starting to show a little bit more because I mean, it's one thing of being a receiver and not getting some certain attempts and they say, Okay, you went through that game because you didn't get attempts. Why you're not getting those attempts, especially when you can run the route you can. So it's something that maybe that the offense of play caller is saying and the quarterback is seeing that I'm not sure to even make this trial with him because of the way they're playing them. I'm not confident enough that he's going to beat the guy. So well, that's something we have to look into a little more.
Speaker 3: We would say he ain't a physical career runner. I could get it. I'm off the top of his steam. I mean, I'm always gonna break.
Speaker 2: Making sure my show to pay, so hitting his show to pay because he ain't gonna fight through it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's so funny you mentioned that, because then we're going to talk about Ceede Lamb here a minute. We've all watched a lot of Dallas film this year, same very similar concept. It's not attack, but you know, CEDI's the isolated guy running the comeback. The DV gets physical with him on the top and he just snaps down hard, fights through that kind of little tug there, and there's enough separation from Nick at the ball and you think about, you know, drafts coming up here, we're going to be starting. We're all going to watch a lot of receivers here coming up soon. Yeah, just that physical competitiveness is really important at the NFL level. Yeah, and there's time. So there's times where I feel like that's that has hurt Sam this year is the guys haven't been that physical. Now, let's do pros real quick. So again with my you know, I think we talked about getting the ball run on him a little bit. Yeah, talked about Sam's kind of regression. And then I forgot what yours was now that I'm thinking about John a blank saying, I forgot.
Speaker 5: My bad. I was trying to get some of my.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, what was your kind? I forgot what was my con?
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: My con was basically just saying that, you know, seeing some things or not seeing them quick enough. What I'm saying, like, you know, this wasn't decisive enough. That's what he's making his mind up faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then pro pros. Uh.
Speaker 2: They pushed the bully back, like I was shocked. They fought back, especially the youth. I saw the youth Quinn Martin sight, I saw Menu with Forpes, I saw Colleck.
Speaker 3: I saw I saw youth making plays.
Speaker 2: I saw the youth say, we don't care about you being the forty and I we don't care about you going to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: We got a game to play.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give it one hundred percent, especially at this time of year with what they going through.
Speaker 3: Kudos, hats off to you. At least you showed up.
Speaker 2: And did your job because you know, like I know, I know you're playing for the name in front of jersey, but I played for the name on the back of the jersey too, So kudos to those players.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my pros man, I was impressed with the officer line. I feel like when you're playing a team like with Bosa and Greenlaw and Warner and all those guys and then the other guys up front, and you got Chase coming back, Yeah, I mean, I thought Chase would probably have a better game when it comes to tackles or sacks or precious But then again, I thought, also, these guys know a lot about Chase and they know how weakness is in his street, so I didn't really expect him to go out and floo out and just dominate. But I did expect Bosa to have a better day and just knowing what we deal with on that right side with Wiley, and to see we replaced Wiley and then that guy had a pretty productive game. Yeah, and we actually gave him a sack. Man, that's impressive to me. I mean Sam gave that sack because he was trying to pitch the ball and had to just you know, fall on ground. So I'm like that was a game that we could we could have probably went sackling. I mean they could have went sacklists, you know.
Speaker 1: And then they've just been playing the old line, specifically really competitive football. Cornelias Lucas did a great job with Chase. Trent Scott is the guy you're talking about, and again he had a couple of couple penalties, but on the down to down consistency, I thought he blocked twelve.
Speaker 3: We did not have the best trend on the field. Is it a chad that we played the trente there?
Speaker 1: Trent is Uh's pretty good? And then you know caused me to Tannet's point, like has just been dawesome? I thug man, I love.
Speaker 3: Love love what cosmic since he greeted, Yeah, yes, that's right, And.
Speaker 2: I already had I had been wearing a cosmic Jase indeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's I read to something recently. I saw some on Instagram, Twitter maybe since weeks thirteen, he's the highest graded offensive lineman in the NFL two percent.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's it's some stealle lining in here. Yeah, well you know what we crying and stuff. It's some seal lining.
Speaker 1: Here, and everyone talks about all we don't have an elite offensive lineman.
Speaker 3: That's that's elitist day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And he's played some dogs inside now, ain't gonna think.
Speaker 3: About lineman though. They just don't sell them, saying like somebody has to be watching him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying, so you know, it ain't like like wire receivers and coners. We can self break. Yeah, shit him down, get his uncle and his ain't him down too, like we can we can sell ourself.
Speaker 5: Cost has shown this last year. I mean, he's shown that when he was inside he played much better than I said. So, I mean, I'm not I'm I'm I can't say I'm surprised I saw this kind of production from him. But it's great to see the consistency. Help me, you know, Ben, you know, being being I guess you could say hold up throughout the whole year. It's hard to play that weight.
Speaker 3: I said that when he came out to draft.
Speaker 2: When they drafted him, I said, he a good officer of liney, but he is not a tackle.
Speaker 3: His arms was just not long enough. I said, if they put him and go up, we got a Pro Bowl. And it looked like I was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Horne and so, and then for me, pros, I'm gonna say again, offensive line, the young guys, Yeah, it's a small thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: The fourth down stop in the fourth quarter is a huge deal.
Speaker 5: Fourth and goal, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have been mad if they gave up a touchdown, yeah, because game is over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they did.
Speaker 1: And for them to fight like that, yeah, I think it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: It gives one of the best running teams in the league.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. And then so for me, I guess another pro related to Sam Cosmi is I liked how he threw the ball versus man coverage. I thought he did a good job with that. You know, like in the first big completion of Terry, he checks the play, gets a good man beater on, delivers a good ball the touchdown to Terry. Terry's isolated away Yeah, it's good to see that from Sam. You know, it's good to see him making Like again, I think all quarterbacks should be able to make those throws versus man. You got to be able to make those throws. But it was nice to see him kind of find something and again hopefully you know, I don't know if he's going to play versus Dallas. We don't know that. Again, we're filming that. We're recording this on Tuesday, but be nice for him to kind of build and grow off of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not to be long winning with it, knowing trying to get off and then move on. Gets back to the point of us arguing last year. Last week Ben Smooth about it was good to see that we're gonna finally send him down, let him get some rest, let them see it. But Smooth made a valid point, might as well let him play, Like what difference does it make to send him down? Now, you know what I mean games? And I think you know, with everything that went on last week, for him to actually go out there and play it almost probably resetting him, like how we need how he needed to be. Like, now he's out there, We're like, well they do they done sold me to whoever. But now you know what I mean, they don't. They don't, you know, checked out when it comes to me and my production.
Speaker 3: So let me go out here and play some football.
Speaker 5: I think he went out there and didn't have much on his mind because he feels like he's already he already knew his faith. I shouldn't be here today. I'm just I'm here because they need me.
Speaker 1: Let me go out here.
Speaker 2: And you know, when he leaned against a top defense, you just named seven players on their defense ranked in the top two or three in the position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it was good to see. And you know, obviously one more game left and we'll preview that game here in a second. But hopefully he gets another opportunity and then looks a little bit better.
Speaker 3: Hey, his record is five hundre against the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, Just a reminder, we are brought to you by bet three sixty five at Bet three six five. We don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an NFL early payout offer. Get your straight bets paid out or parlay selection marked as winner when your team goes up by seventeen points. Regardless of whether the opponent comes back to win the game. Our NFL Early Payout offer has hit over fifty two times this season. Use a QR code to sign up and see for yourself why it's never ordinary. Bet three sixty five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 5: Must be twenty one older and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly if you as someone has a gambling problem and wants him oh one hundred gambler.
Speaker 3: See that was the creepy voice right then. You know, also THEO on the phone night. Yeah, what you're doing.
Speaker 1: It was a little a couple of long positive.
Speaker 5: For the one who said he has different voices, he have different faces. Yeah, I got different voices.
Speaker 1: Man, you got different face different Oh yeah, because you're the hunter or the basketball player. The Yeah, you got a lot of stuff going on, man, Well, recycling environment you are, yeah, yeah it. Tanna was so impressed with you after we did that recycling segment.
Speaker 5: I was, but I know I was.
Speaker 3: I was more so sched.
Speaker 5: I told I knew it. This guy was going to know something like just.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, mark it down, mark it down.
Speaker 5: You know. I gave my Boary small man. So let me add that I don't think I don't know. I don't think I stated that enough on this podcast. So I have my moments.
Speaker 3: I ain't nothing wrong with Jason Odell mark him down. Any time I say something, I got the mouth of a heat.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I think the most important thing Fred is is a football analyst, right that we know you for obviously followed all those kinds of things, and we are going to analyze the Dallas Cowboys. No, right, right, Yeah, let's talk about this Dallas Cowboys defense. They've got offensively, some really impressive football players, namely CD Lamb having a career year one hundred and twenty two receptions, one hundred one thousand, six hundred and fifty one receiving yards, and ten touchdowns. Yeah. I know you guys watch a lot of Cowboys, Tannel start with you when you watch him, because at the end of the year, I think we all can remember this. We weren't overly high on CD, right, I mean I I thought CD was the second best receiver in the division. You guys had him a little bit lower than I did.
Speaker 3: They did, they moved him inside. It really changed.
Speaker 1: But he's done both Ben.
Speaker 5: Think he's been inside from day one. I just wasn't high on him because I felt like he just was a guy that was savvy route runner, that kidd recreation. Yeah, I didn't see anything specially, I didn't see anything Jamar Chase. I didn't see anything, you know, OBJ when he was when he was killing guys. I saw a guy that was a very capable, good receiver in this league that should put up the numbers that he's putting up because he's getting opportunities this year.
Speaker 3: He made me eat my socks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he told me he might have heard that he might he had someone show him that on YouTube. Man Tennis. Tennis said you the third best in the division. But I'm not not taking nothing from him. I think he was a great receiver. I even thought he was even better by stelling that phone from his girlfriend right before ship right that was that shows like he had hands, he got great peripheral, you know what I mean. But no, honestly, I do believe CD has showed the world that he's wanted to be wrecking with. And it's rightfully so. Man, when you had when you're hot, you're hot. Yeah, and he's on one and I know as a receiver. We have those years where man, nothing we can do go wrong on me. Anything I touch is gonna get caught. And that's what he's doing right now. He's he's he's having those games at the game, at the game where he's putting up big numbers and having some great catches.
Speaker 1: It reminds me a little bit of like, sorry to cut you off, Fred. He reminds me, I'm not really right, I hate you. It reminds me a little bit of DeVonta Adams a little bit. The way he's winning the shifting. Yeah, there's not like this crazy. It's it's a short area suddenness. I'm physical at the catch point. I know how to use my body. He's a bigger guy than yeah. Yeah, right, And and he does some good stuff down the field in terms of tracking the ball. But I feel like he really makes his money on like slants and hitches and you know, spray outs from the slot. And I know they're not the same player. I think Davante's even a little bit more smooth. Yeah right, yeah, but but I think there's an element of that.
Speaker 3: Same ingredients, same ingredients, different pieces. I say this, gotta get my dog brother Dak Press gott some love.
Speaker 2: That is true because Deck is a app of his mind and he's getting he is finding him like in trouble having a.
Speaker 5: Reason why Ced is having to because Deck making sure he gets off, you know, he giving him ten shots a game opportunity.
Speaker 1: I think that's also a credit to Mike McCarthy though, too, of space, like, hey, this is our guy.
Speaker 5: You know what you know what makes me mind me of And I don't know his name right now, I can't think of it. But when Mike McCarthy was with Green Bay, Donald Driver, the other one from from Western Mission, Creig, Greg, Jenny, Greg Jennis and Cdland has the same role one time. But Jenny, I.
Speaker 3: Said, Greg, not him.
Speaker 5: He said it for she said, he said at first, I said, he said, okay, okay, split it down in the mid to both of us anyways, like their kids. Yeah, I believe that you get credit. I do believe that it almost reminds me of Jennings and Rogers Rogers Jennings. I feel like that that connection with Ceede Lamb and your boy your boy dogs Dak Prescott, if it's similar to how they did things in Green Bay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, Dak Prescott. You mentioned having a good yeary seven receiving yards or passing yards, thirty two touchdowns, eight interceptions, don't quote them.
Speaker 5: He said, I would not throw as many pictures out through last year the season.
Speaker 3: And the key was him. I was like, get back to running, man, got back to running out.
Speaker 5: That was number one. And I'm not trying to take no credit for because we just talk about the game. Friend of mine asked me, because I keep talking about Dak Prescott on Fox on Sunday, you know, Sunday morning, we talk about different games. I keep marking them up. And the guy was like, man, why you like that? So I say, because that only to me his achilles he'll right now is he's not being that up old because it's trying to get back fully helped him, yet he still is not quite there mentally. And I said, when he get back to run the football, it's gonna slow down for him, and things it's gonna open up for him. It's like a guy playing basketball can't really shoot. You get to the lane a couple of time, you get to the whole before you know it. Now that fifteen foot to look like the rim. About this, why you know what I mean, you're gonna start knocking that shot down. So I think as a quarterback, when you're not, when you're not that you know. I guess you can say Tom Brady, Ish, Peyton Manny Drew Brees when they come to sit in the pocket, do what you do best. Run a couple of times. Now you get the defensive playing your favorite. Now you can see it.
Speaker 2: They say, you just said it. When you start to run, it takes away defensive calls. You take away two man when we play running quarterbacks. See that had been seeing two man for the last two years. He hadn't been used to.
Speaker 3: Have been seeing that covering since because he's always.
Speaker 2: Been a runner. He never turn your back to a runner. So now he they's not playing two man no more. They got to play him straight up and play him as they run in quarterbacks. So now you're forced to play zone. You want all he living looking at him and he's shred zone up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and again. It's it's really interesting watching the offense. It's like the antithesis of what we've seen the last couple of weeks with La Miami and San Francisco in terms of the types of offenses. Or defenses have been seeing because it's it's pretty straightforward.
Speaker 3: It's like in CD Tony.
Speaker 2: Pollard, we're not going to do a lot of motion, A gap B gap runner. So they don't have power game.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what's gonna be their achilles heels in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: And what's so unique about their offense how they eventually get to Cook and he can be a yeah. They find a way to say, okay, let's get slam going and then boom Cook and still stretched the field.
Speaker 3: He still still got him.
Speaker 5: He still can go out there and make big plays, and it is it's odd to me. I'm like, man, I was looking at Cook steps I'm like, because you know, Cook was known for everywhere he goes to get a thousand yards, and I was like, man, it's gonna be the first year that he really don't go out and get that thousand because he's like second or third right now. Yeah, ferguson the tight end has been That's what I'm saying. He's like third. Basically you got Mica Gah, get what. He's still one of those guys that, hey, when we need a big play, we're gonna were gonna find them at three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think again, it's not an overly complicated offense. It's just it's literally just Dack back there kind of in a very Aaron Rodgers esque type of approach, dealing run when he's got to. They've got a good mismatch weapon in Ceede Lamb, and they've got enough supplementary pieces around him. You got to make it go in some ways that I think, like you said, Fred does not serve them well going into the playoffs, because, like you said, our guy Tony Pollard this first year, he's been kind of the all around back under one thousand yards rushing five tds, four yards averaging average per carry, the lowest in his career.
Speaker 3: Get an inch to the day ye say, the inch line couldn't get past.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think it does show that they don't have that as part of themselves. And that's the same thing with McCarthy's teams when he was in Green Bay. They didn't really have like a power running attack. And I think that's something that again, like if if you're if you're this defense under Ron. One of the things that I feel comfortable about is they've played really good coverage the past couple of weeks. They haven't stopped the run very well. They've played much more consistent in the back end, and especially when you're not going to present a lot of motions and shifts the way they did LA. Think about the coverage Bust have had in LA. It's off of emotion, right, You're not going to get as much of that, So maybe.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get really none of emotion.
Speaker 1: So maybe they can be effective. Maybe they can keep them in that twenty to twenty seven point range like they've been doing the past couple of weeks and and kind of keep the game manageable. From a defensive perspective, I think the thing that is maybe the most glaring is the defense, right, is that that defense is a lot of fun to watch. They're really aggressive. Kind of started, in my opinion, Sam's regression basically.
Speaker 3: But they built on all right. You remember Peyton Manning and the coach how the defense was built to play with the lead.
Speaker 1: With the built that way.
Speaker 2: They are built that way, so when they get into these slug fists in the running game seems to be a big.
Speaker 3: Part of the opposite team's thing.
Speaker 2: I was always taught you can run at a pass rusher and what people are doing to to really get Michael Parusion to slow down is finding him because they do wear a widow him.
Speaker 3: They do move him out of the field and they run right at him.
Speaker 1: And he's a decent run player, like just to be to give him his flowers a little bit. But I do think that the construction of the defensive line, they have guys that are there to stop the run and guys there to rush the pastor like Diggi Zua. Yeah, number ninety seven, he's like a two hundred and seventy five pound tackle that rushes the passer. Ye, they're a linebacker. Number fourteen is a converted safety. Nineteen Yeah, it comes in.
Speaker 5: So you watch that, You watch that, he's a tweeter.
Speaker 1: You watch that Buffalo game, and Buffalo is like, all right, if there's lot of James, we're gonna get you in this subpackage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right at fourteen, right at.
Speaker 1: Fourteen, right at that smaller front. Uh. And they were able to move the ball.
Speaker 5: And that's one of the reasons why I don't get caught up on the whole Parsons thing, because I mean, I'm here, you've said that. Another for that everybody runs that Parsons. No, he has in moments where he's run he's unblockable. But I think it's just what their defense can't do as a whole. You know, these guys are built to one play play with the league, and two get after the passer. And when it comes to it's almost like that dude that everybody know you can fight, but you take advantage of the ones that can't. But when when I see you fight that guy that can fight, oh now now he might black Yard, you ain't really just molly wopping this, dude. You really you really out there in a whole big brawl. So I've seen when teams have brawls with these guys, eventually they wear because now they're not They're not constructed or built to be that kind of a team.
Speaker 3: Let's just tell the truth.
Speaker 5: They're for this, they're not. Yeah, I mean front runners a little bit too. I mean I think I can't the lead.
Speaker 1: And and I think they know that too. Like you know, in the in the first matchup Commanders Dallas, you know there's a couple of short yard situations where it's like, oh, run the ball and they're going to do a tonne of line movement. They're going to do stunts. They're going to bring pressure because they know that and if you're not ready and you can't pick it up, they're going to make you look silly. And I think in regular first and second down running situations in the first game they were very The Commanders are very efficient. It was when they got in those fourth and one the third ones, you know, and then they're like, we're going to just put you in a blender. We're going to stunt Michael Parsons two gaps and bring this guy back around. You're going to have a free runner right in the hole. So understanding that that's how that's their solution to stopping the run, I think is really important, and then building your run game around that, Like what are some runs that catch that stuff? Like when you watch the forty nine Ers, for example, they run all this outside zone and that catches that stuff really nice. Because if you stunt, like we're just gonna let it go because the next guy's coming, and so like, what are our runs in those situations? Can we run the football? For example, the Bills they ran a lot of single back power, but they pulled the tackle, you know, So they pulled the tackle they gave it like atle zone read fake and they were able to rush for one hundred and seventy five yards in that game.
Speaker 2: So with James Cook, now, b Rob is a different back, Like he's the type bag they don't like.
Speaker 3: He could wear them down by the third quarter hisself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I'd like And Gibson's been playing better too. So again, you know, EB has not done this this year, but I'd like them to kind of lean into that a little bit, lean into that. Hopefully the defense can keep the game in a good game for I think that's the other thing, Like you said, like they play with the lead and what I mean, but what we mean by that is they want to get up. They want you to be down fourteen to zero. They want you to throw the ball a ton and their pass rushers.
Speaker 3: Across the board in the DBS feast on you.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, holiday feast too. I'm talking about team Collar Greens. They they look boy, look here, they eyes are big right now coming into this week.
Speaker 1: But one of the reasons they can stay. Yeah, but one of the reasons they can do that is because the rush.
Speaker 5: Is so they have the guys like.
Speaker 1: You see those guys take chances all the time to put themselves in the better spots.
Speaker 5: But that's something that I've I've mentioned numerous of time with us when we had the other guys chasing test why not why not be in those those situations where where we jumping rounds, where we're able to put hands on a guy and now we can play the ball because the ball has to be sped up, you know what I mean, like someone's going to get it. Or when you got a guy knocking the ball up in the air. Now you're closer to it because you don't have to cover that much. You're not trying to backpedal because you know that rushman to get there. So that's why I've always harped about that, because I've been the receiver in this league for a long time and I've been taking out of games because guys will get up there and pressing me. And quarterback was he not even waiting for me to get open, Like, yeah, I might beat this guy.
Speaker 3: He like, screw that, I gotta go to the next week.
Speaker 1: But I think so you mentioned the Chase and Monte comparison there. I also think it's important to note that Dan Quinn does a lot schematically on third down to help free up those guys from a past rushing right, you get Michael Parsons. We've seen, you know, we've watched all the film of him moving all over the formation. But also the stunts that they don the timing Aam Williams, rest of those guys make plays. The timing of the stunts that they run are so well executed that they create free runners with four and so I think it's it's the personnel, it's the scheme, it's the philosophy.
Speaker 3: And where is curse?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you always cursing the other safety.
Speaker 2: I forget Dan Queenn's signature thing is having very long and he don't call these guys a safety. He would call them a joker. Yeah, some player that can play the run, play the pass, but also make you have to throw high balls to complete to his man, curse is sixty three. You're talking about Loan, lengthy guy who usually takes the other team's tight ends out of the game.
Speaker 3: So they might be a good match up between him and Logan Thomas.
Speaker 1: And also Donovan Wilson's other safety that does a really good job. Bigger guy six foot two hundred and five pounds so yeah, I think again, there is a there's a roadmap here that win this game, but it's gonna they gotta kind of thread the needle. Be very careful there, all right. So now it's time for Commanders Advantages and it is a Dallas Rivalry Week edition that's always fun to do, right, So he's gonna do one of these and we'll and Tanna is gonna be very obvious, we'll go through this, but we're gonna do the how do you say this, Jason, get on here, get on here?
Speaker 3: Brahma bull, Brahma bull.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna be the brahma And what is a brahma bull?
Speaker 3: It's a big It's a boy that can't be broken, right, it's a big mean bull. Cowboys break bulls.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, I want to listen. Come on, I'll vouch for friends.
Speaker 2: The cowboys job is to protect the flock from the wolves and stuff, but they also in turn like to break the bulls to get the bulls, not the cow to do what they want to until they run into some that cannot be ridden, cannot be broken.
Speaker 5: Hey, non, where do you get this information?
Speaker 4: When you do when you're at rodeos A lot of them are Brahma bulls?
Speaker 3: Y mean, yes, they mean and they don't take nothing from the botten.
Speaker 1: Hey cattle originated in India.
Speaker 3: What do we knows?
Speaker 5: Everything? Mean a sigment? Fred knows everything?
Speaker 3: Okay, don't miss me.
Speaker 1: You don't miss okay. So Brahma bull he's gonna buck the trends. Who's gonna be that tough guy that's gonna break the cowboys? You got the sheriff, he's gonna lay down the law.
Speaker 3: That allow you know, cowboys, allowman don't get along.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't get all. That's exactly right. And then I think it's obvious. But the cowboy killer, who's gonna who's gonna take that? That name that that Tanna has made so iconic, can apply it to this game? So Fred, do you want to do the bull or the lawman? I'm gonna do the allowman, thellowman?
Speaker 3: Lao lao. I forgot old boy that arrested Billy, the kid.
Speaker 1: Wuieter.
Speaker 3: No, No, no, no, they was actually homeboys before he arrested them. They ran together. What do you do?
Speaker 1: He's looking it up. Jason's got it. Jason's our guy. So you got all right?
Speaker 3: I'm going to who's got to be the sheriff of this game?
Speaker 1: Win laid on the law.
Speaker 3: It's gonna have to be sad.
Speaker 2: I hate to say it, Sam, because I feel like you're not gonna beat them ten to three. This is gonna be a shootout. Like, if you're going to keep up with them, you're gonna have to score points. And the only way we could score points if the sheriff. And the last time we called a quarterback to sheriff, he went to the Hall of Fame and that was paying money.
Speaker 3: So at the end of the day, if.
Speaker 2: Sam could come out and beat the law man we need him and lay the law out, get the ball to Terry early and off, stay away from Gilmore. Bland has already laid the taste in your mouth. And see Ken your tackle. See then what we tell quarterback before.
Speaker 3: The game, I'm gonna see Ken you tackle. That mean I have got the ball in my head. Now you got to tackle.
Speaker 2: So if Sam can stay clean with the Turnos and go point for point with them, the law may come out on top.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like that a lot like it so and I would I would say what you got over there?
Speaker 4: Okay? So I think you're confusing Wireder with Doc No, he see it why? And Billy a kid apparently had like a scuffle at one point, but his friends Doc Holiday was friends with Billy to kid.
Speaker 1: And he was actually he was there the same uh, the same ballpark. I'd also like to see just to add on that real quick, because this is what I like to do, is add on is is b Rob and Gibson be the sheriff, like laid down the law a little bit, And I know that not going to happen, but I'd like to see that in terms of being the bull walking the trends. I want to see Kwan, and I want to see Forbes, and I want to see this secondary in the back end just generally. But Kwan is going to draw the matchup in the slot, I think with Lamb.
Speaker 3: And that ain't gonna be easy.
Speaker 1: And he did some good stuff in the first matchup, but he was just kind of getting back and I think we've seen a more confident player, like you saw a match up against Deebo in the slot. You saw a match up against Kittle in this in the slot in this last game. He's a competitive tough.
Speaker 3: He feels the son of a gun of attack when it comes to run plays too, I like.
Speaker 1: And yeah, so I think that's a good he that's a good opportunity for him in this game to keep building on what he's been building up. Yeah, and I think when he's outside Forbes, I liked what I saw from him last week. Yeah, can he again like Buck this trend of Ceedee Lamb taking over games? Yeah, and I'd like And if they can, I think it's going to be a nice feather in the hat for both those players. And I think it's entirely possible because they have been playing better football. Now they'reing to be playing against one of the best in the League's fact.
Speaker 3: They've been doing it for the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Brandon, not yuk especially, but you Debo get out of love.
Speaker 3: But yuk Is is a is a bit bit better, having a better year. It's faster.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, all right? Well, you know, cowboy killed last, but not least the cowboy kill. Who's going to be the cowboy kill? And when you have one passing the torch down, you can't pass it to no one else but someone who fits the model, you know, quote unquote the cowboy killer what he does best, and that's being a receiver. So I'm gonna have to pass it to a receiver, and I think it's obvious who I would pass to, because I feel like this offense doesn't go unless this hair goes. And so I believe Terry Terry has to be that Cowboy killer. I want to see Terry have one of the games that they tried to make me have every time we face the Cowboys. Yeah, the Cowboy game, the Dallas game. Every week. I knew that I was going to get fifteen more turns. And I think when we watched Terry in some of these games, whether it was the games from last year where Heinike just knew what to do because he was like, Hey, what in doubt I'm throwing this ball, Terry, or when it's games where we did this year with eb just say hey, I'm going to give him his attempts early to keep us in the game. Like that first Eagles game, that first two or three drives, it was Terry Terry, Terry Terry. So coming into this game, last game of the season, not a whole lot to be, you know, hanging your hat off, but your pride and that is a Dallas you know game. I want to see them and it can't get flexed. It could get already. Four o'clock is a four o'clock game. I want to see the attempts to come up, to rise a little bit when it comes to allowing Terry to be affect them. And I think what it's gonna do is one is going to allow him to go out there and be the guy we know he can be. He's gonna come down with him. It's gonna come down with those catches. He only need fifty nine yards to get a thousand, so it's gonna be something big for him too. And then two, think about it, if you a dB in that situation, knowing that Terry getting the ball, you're gonna have to eat either passing the ference them or let him catch that ball. And he's known for those.
Speaker 3: He comes down with all catches.
Speaker 5: So I think it's a player favor in us offensively to move in that ball down the field too, because if you're not taking those chunks taking a chance, teams does loo against us all the time. We give more, We give more yardage up with passing theference calls and more, and an exchange field position all because our DB's panicing situation like that. So I want to see those panic because we're going to be giving you know, Terry that value to be who I believe that he could be. You know.
Speaker 2: The only thing that would be icing on the cake to a situation like that is if they could have like a game where they could under their favorite player like Terry could come out there in like eighty nine, like and we're eighty nine.
Speaker 3: It could have like two hundred and ten year old zonal something like they didn't make it better.
Speaker 1: It would be nice to do.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: I know it's the last game of the year. That's a great point. Ten, I'm glad you brought that up. Not a lot to play for it, but I will say, these guys have played competitive football the last couple of weeks, and can they finish on a high note no matter what, getting the off season all healthy? All right? So this segment is the command Center no game predictions Now I missed that up. Sorry if Jason's giving me some coaching skip game predictions on my notes here, got it? Yes, I got it, Thank you, Jason, all right. Game Predictions is presented by Northwest Federal Credit Union, the official Credit Union of the Washington Commanders. Stop searching, go Northwest. Check NWFCU dot org slash Washington to see how easy it is to join. Now Northwest can help make your money work for you. Stop by brand chrivisit NWFCU dot org slash Washington today. All right, name of the segment, it's game predictions. We got game predictions? Friend?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Lord, have mercy, Lord have mercy. So I don't know something to cheer about.
Speaker 1: Give us something cheer about, that's.
Speaker 5: All I want. Man, give us some of the cheer about.
Speaker 2: Because I think the fan base I have to do with my postgame show. I think the fan base is torn. Half of them always want to beat the Cowboys, but then they they got the back of their mind about these draft picks. So I was asked by one one of the fans, do I want to cut my nose off to spite my face? And then I thought about that, Do I want to beat the Cowboys because I hate them so bad?
Speaker 3: Only to drop two drops of states in the draft. So it's one of the things I think, no matter what happens, the fan base be okay with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, they'll be okay, So with for me, in this game because we know we haven't really been doing predictions. We've been more doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, y'all be running away from there you've been doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true. So what I would say is being real.
Speaker 5: I mean, I want to see him say, oh, command is gonna win fifteen.
Speaker 1: They sounds like me. I think you said forty to zero a couple of weeks ago, and then what happens. So again, I want to see the young guys play better, which they have been playing better, so Klawon Forbes, Sam Cosmy to continue to play well. I'd like to see b Rob just kind of be that physical his wheel on the game, and it's been I thought. Against the forty nine ers, which is a pretty physical defense, he ran hard, Gibson rad hard. I love to see that. I'd like to see Terry get more involved, obviously, and then Sam can he kind of settle in a little bit against this defense. It's very dominant and very good.
Speaker 3: So what is your score predictions? Am not letting you off there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My score prediction is I'm gonna say thirty four to fourteen, the Cowboys will win this game.
Speaker 2: Turned his back on the family, y'ull here that Logan Polsen turned his back on the family.
Speaker 1: Say what.
Speaker 2: Company, man, I'm gonna go out. This is the only way I think everybody can get what they want, the whole fan base, everybody. The score is gonna be twenty to twenty. We're gonna end with a tie, right, Therefore, you don't lose to them, and you don't lose your draft spot.
Speaker 1: You might, though, I think if they think you're funny, lost.
Speaker 5: Your mind.
Speaker 3: All in the same night.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is twenty to twenty late field goal, kick him in the eye, Joey slide to tie?
Speaker 3: Yeah, to tie? You forgot yo? You better say, George, I've been saying game. I think that's the perfect scenario.
Speaker 1: I feel you, man, okay, so ty so? I mean, what's the spread, Jackson? You have to spread over there?
Speaker 3: It's seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think seventeen might be fifteen.
Speaker 3: They don't giving us a chance, man.
Speaker 1: I mean, especially if the Cowboys got something to play for. It to me be a tough game.
Speaker 5: Tell what you got. I told you give me something cheerful, Give me something cheerfull. I mean, it ain't no point. I mean, if you want me to be real, then I'm gonna say, oh, we make it interesting, and then things get.
Speaker 1: Out of the classic classic make it interesting. Oh oh, it's a right, never know it's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I need to walk out of the halftime right think, getting my chicken tens and my dog on fries and back to reality.
Speaker 3: But that's the only time I really see our fans feisty.
Speaker 2: You know how Philadelphia like no other fans go to Philadelphia in the ten games, Like the only time I really see our fans really like no, tore danme mad.
Speaker 3: It's Cowboys game, like they are willing to fight people in the park.
Speaker 5: I heard it come on your shoulder of the deb I was driving home and lady down.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't care what goes on next week? Did I just want to win the count cow damn screw the San Francisco talk goes to the Cowboys. Man a little bit earlier called it and Eider that.
Speaker 2: Hate stems from all the history, not of the teams on the field, but more of the history off the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why a lot of cowboys are here.
Speaker 5: So many fans out here like the.
Speaker 2: Middle children of a cowboy fancy. They ain't got the real reason. But you know they stole a lot of fan base of the stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, So Jason, you got the mic up to your face. Okay, you're predicting something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well bet three six five has thirteen and a half, so spreading.
Speaker 3: Okay, so fourteen and a half still a lot of points.
Speaker 5: And I will say the last four weeks they've been covering.
Speaker 1: They didn't cover. Against San Francisco they did.
Speaker 5: It was fourteen and a half. It was seventeen points, Yeah, it was, it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: It was fourteen and a half. Last week it was fifteen, matter of fact, and it was they lost by seventeen, right.
Speaker 3: So so didn't they win They covered?
Speaker 5: They covered?
Speaker 1: Covered?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, I think you said the Commanders covered.
Speaker 5: Al I'm saying that the games they've been saying we're gonna get beat about two touchdown every and they've been right. They've been giving up too.
Speaker 3: They didn't be in Vegas for being wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true. Anyway, it's been a long season. Yeah, it should everyone support fans. It's been as interurn Caroline coming.
Speaker 4: No, so she asked to do the press conference right now. Ron's about to speak right now.
Speaker 3: He would that have here?
Speaker 1: Wait till next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna push it the next week and talk about it, I promise.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, but we got fans, right, So so basically we're gonna have Caroline come on and talk about how she won our fantasy league. She's gonna give comments on that and give.
Speaker 3: How she did it pretty bad in the last week though.
Speaker 1: Fred, I don't even know who's on my team. What was the score, let's see? Okay, Yeah, so Fred did beat me in the what are we calling that ball?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, okay, all right, let's right figure it out right.
Speaker 1: But in the meantime, in the between times, in the meantime, Jason, we got Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, guys, I went through some of our comments that we got throughout the year. Yeah, and uh, we said we were going to do this with what some of our fans have been saying. They got some really nice ones. Our fans are really funny, and uh, I love reading the comments, like I'll text log.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason does read all the comments, and he has sent me some really funny ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because like they give me ideas, They let me know like what we need to talk about, Like they they're the pulse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so keep the funny ones coming. They're awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, so I'll read through some.
Speaker 1: You want to read through something, I can read through some.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, the first one I'll read through. I'll read through this second one because this is my favorite comment.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: This is uh man Vermin moon Moon Yeah.
Speaker 4: Five three eight five uh. He says he's a Falcons fan and he comes here to watch this team's preview for Week six matchup. That's when he first saw us, and he said, this is a great show they have for the Commanders. It's actually the best I've watched this season. A lot of personality guys and a lot of info on display. Watching this made me feel like the Falcons media team needs to step their game up.
Speaker 5: I know you like that.
Speaker 3: Let me say way to set the bar and the last.
Speaker 4: Last thing he says, here what a stamp to sign off? Here, he says, I like Fred smoon one here.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine this dude just tunes in just randomly, and it's like, I like that guy. Yeah, that guy's funny. Yeah, and we like him too.
Speaker 4: So that's cool that other fans are coming in watching what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Like appreciated it. With no bias. I like that, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So I'm gonna read this first one because Jason sent me this one and it was really funny. So this is the week you had on that deep V you know the deep V neck on. Yeah, so Fred, Fred should be the host of the show next week.
Speaker 3: I like driving you. I get it. I had that Merton Haynes Nick a little bit.
Speaker 1: No, but I'm saying, like you just come in with those DV. You gotta unbutton some of those buttons. Fred, keep your next show. That's why people tune in for the next six is Nick and the maror. So you got the next one. I read the next one? Oh yeah, should I should read the next one. That's about Logan Paulson. I was a big finish, big time finisher. What l m Ao boy was dirt no hate here, but much no hate here. Thank you for that, but much better as a broadcaster. There was a tight end. Stop lying to the people, h G t R. So thank you for your comment. Let me just make a point of clase here. Let me just make a point of careful coreapregation. We were talking about finishing. I was talking about finishing blocks, finishing through the whistle and as Tank can a test, I was a finisher, rot a touchdown. My goal was to be in the shot at the end of that.
Speaker 5: I was right there with paying Kak and p Wise I'm running back.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was, so that's so. So was I scoring touchdowns?
Speaker 3: No, you were doing your job.
Speaker 1: I was doing my job and I was. And I'm well aware who was hgtr F L d L O whatever that means. But life, Yeah, for life, something like that. But I, you know, didn't score a lot of touchdowns, didn't catch a lot of passes. I was an average NFL player.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't xd to do this, yeah, but I but I was going to.
Speaker 1: I was going to finish the play in my own way.
Speaker 5: And for anybody who has something to say about a guy who had how long you play ten ten years, ten years on this level and say he's dirt, it could be dirty. I haven't that long of a career, you know, to have none of.
Speaker 1: Dude. I saw him at the I saw him at the stadium the other day.
Speaker 3: What position?
Speaker 1: Did he play?
Speaker 3: Full bad?
Speaker 1: But dude, he is gigantic. No way that man played full bad? He played Dude, did you see him up there? In booth. He came by, so he comes up. I was talking to someone I knew from the forty nine ers and he comes in between next question and he was like, I'm Tom Rath and I was like, what I thought?
Speaker 5: He was?
Speaker 1: Like a guard my dude.
Speaker 5: He was huge.
Speaker 1: No, no, like you look like a strong man, like a big like big old thick neck, you know, like all traps up there. Like shook his hand and feels like you're like you're shaking a brick. You know, you're just like Holy Cow.
Speaker 3: Instead of forty nine age whale. It's something about that California session.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 1: It's good for you. I'll tell you. Yeah, good fresh air.
Speaker 3: They do got earthquakes though.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll mean the next one. The next one's a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like this one. Mass Collector six nine four nine, says Logan, slowly improving his way of saying, hawk is cracking ang the hawk outside.
Speaker 1: I got, dude, I thought you were going to read this one one above it. So this is one is about Fred Fred's Thanksgiving sides for trash. But definitely, but definitely one of the movies for Christmas. Listen, and did he win the survey? Did he win the poll of five people that we got the dressing.
Speaker 2: You cannot have Thanksgiving? With that, I went to the must half thing, like you gotta have dressing.
Speaker 5: I do every year. I don't never have the dressing.
Speaker 3: So see you just you just such a like in most I do love it. We make it.
Speaker 5: I just don't eat it.
Speaker 3: Just do what I'm saying. But in most every household makes it.
Speaker 5: But they make it. It's so many other sizes were making edges.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to have none of that.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm good with the little portions I got.
Speaker 3: And what what what? What good did you had?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: It was the king and king was over here?
Speaker 1: Hey I had so you had stuffing? I had what did I have? What's it called? I don't remember, but it's like the other the auxiliary you.
Speaker 4: Had stuff in.
Speaker 3: Kenny I had?
Speaker 1: I had, Yeah, Kenny am So that was a big one. It's hard to beat that. And then I had Green by Kestrel. So that's what being with Korea ten. Yeah, it's got a huge boy.
Speaker 4: All right, this is the last one I'll read and you can finish them off. These are my favorite. Again, I sent this to you once I can see you see it. My favorite are always the ones that backhanded compliments lest I love because fans, and I was one of them, not that I was ever like viewed you like this, but I never knew who you were. You're just a guy, just a guy, but I didn't know any I still don't know anything about football.
Speaker 5: He was a jag.
Speaker 4: So when I met you, yes, good and when you when you talk football. I learned so much from you, and it's.
Speaker 5: Like that dude, It was like, Yeah, that's the thing about guys like him, you know, is somewhere it's gonna come out somewhere where that you see it in his plate or you're gonna see it now that he shows you every time he breaks down fan for.
Speaker 4: You, and our fans are picking up on that, so they're saying it here. So uh, this is from Joseph winning seven to five to two.
Speaker 1: Thanks Joseph, yep, you've been a weekly.
Speaker 4: Bright spot throughout another year. Santana was my favorite receiver, and London and Smoot always had faith in your guys defense. When I first saw Logan, I was like, who is this in the awkward Neander thought he has one of the smartest football minds though. There we go, Yeah, you should be a coach or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is a coach.
Speaker 4: An analysts something like that. Well you're an analyst now and you're one of the best.
Speaker 5: They probably they probably say you should be a coach of money.
Speaker 1: That is probably for free.
Speaker 4: You don't make money here, I mean, well yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, coaching, yeah yeah, But you want to read the rest of those?
Speaker 3: Are we?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: You want to do one more because they're nice. Let's do one nice one that doesn't call you anandial.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, he's love you all three brothers together because you all are very detailed and do not I'm assuming is what he's spent there because it says do but do not sugarcoat anything pure football excellence like that.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: So basically we're reading those because you guys are so supportive.
Speaker 2: They say, we didn't turn company man when our bets was against a while, and I think people appreciate that because most people would say, look at my belly is yell because I ain't got nothing to do and none to say.
Speaker 1: So hey, yeah, so I think that's going to do it for today. Very nice comments. It was a good show, and don't forget we were about to buy Bet three sixty five. At bet three sixty five, we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. Right now, New customers can choose between two offers when they open an account at bet three six five. Use the QR code to sign up, deposit ten and choose between either first bet safety net offer by placing a bet up to one thousand and if you're qualifying, bet loses, you receive a match refunded bonus bets or better and get offer in place about of five dollars or more and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, it's never ordinary. A BET three six five official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders. And now the moment we've all been waiting for, Fred and I are about to go play some basketball. Yeah, we gotta read. I gotta read this claimer. Ye must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you were someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call one hundred gambler. Bet on me and this game beat him. I don't know, man, come on, you think about it is. It's happening right now, right, it's happening right now.
Speaker 2: Like defense, probably because you're huge, but your office of game.
Speaker 3: You still got to put points.
Speaker 5: And Mama used to say, take you.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope I win ten zero in this future, and I hope you all just hope of this mess you've been talking about. But thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 5: There we go, there we go.
Speaker 3: Chasing who you got is impossible.
Speaker 1: It's about to happen right now.
Speaker 5: I don't see the jumper a free it talking about he I got it. You know you need to jumper tough.
Speaker 1: It could be tough. I'm all aware.
Speaker 4: But here's the here's the thing. Logan's got that motor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like and he's like, you know what.
Speaker 2: The girl they just try to check my daughter that they had a motor till my daughter sco forty one on them.
Speaker 3: They all got a motive.
Speaker 4: When you're one, every guy's bigger, and as a motor, it's hard.
Speaker 2: Bigger doesn't help you in basketball, it doesn't. It's about quickness.
Speaker 1: If I'm willing to play the play longer than you.
Speaker 6: This is what they used to look like in the NBA. This is Charles Oakley. That nobody looks like this anymore. They look like Victor women on them, they look like Chick Hagren. They are seven feet, one hundred and nineteen pounds.
Speaker 3: All right, no more this.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna find out real quick. That first shot that you take's gonna tell us a lot first when we're finding out.
Speaker 5: Right now, right right right now, he said he's shooting from the passages out of the car.
Speaker 3: When I put my bag at the cop and be shooting there.
Speaker 1: Hey, podcast listeners, what about that one on one basketball game that's on the Commander's YouTube page. It's up right now. Make sure you go check it out. We are brought to you by Bet three sixty five at Bet three sixty five, and we don't do ordinary. We believe every sport should be epic. That's why we offer an in game experience which covers seventy eight sports and seven hundred and eighty thousand live streams ten ninety million customers worldwide. Our online betting brand is powered by a world class proprietary product and over seven thousand employees across the globe. Whatever the sport, whatever the moment, It's never ordinary at bet three sixty five. The official sports betting partner of the Washington Commanders must be twenty one plus and physically located in Virginia. Please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you know it has a gambling problem and wants help, call one hundred Gambler. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.