Speaker 1: Gust time threw What's Gonna Be? Will tell you? What's Sia Chel been like?
Speaker 2: Sami Kim.
Speaker 1: It's their life. Rick deal with everything from Jackson Vanilla to Chrispy's.
Speaker 3: Did you like a little dance?
Speaker 1: I did you know?
Speaker 3: It was my thriller dance? You have a nice swing because you know that song is thriller? I do know that song is Siller, Michael Jackson iconic song. Yes, it is. Welcome to Serial Killers?
Speaker 1: Is special about that song? What's special about that album? What does it share with? Only one other person?
Speaker 3: It was the longest running number one album of all time.
Speaker 1: Now what has five number one singles from it? The only other artist to do that is Katie Perry with Teenage Dream.
Speaker 3: Her album Wow, Her and Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: Yep, only two people.
Speaker 3: That's spectacular.
Speaker 1: Just some fun trivia you could take with you on this pandemic Monday.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, you know things? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know things. You just don't let me explain things.
Speaker 3: Because Friday, by the way, Okay, well on this pandemic Friday, welcome to Friday. Yay hope you yeah, I hope you had an okay week? I really do. I'm Scottie b and I'm Andrew and this is episode ninety three.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Do you know what happened in nineteen ninety three? No, it was a spectacular year and very important in my life.
Speaker 1: A Chips reunion happened.
Speaker 3: No, because it was the year that I was cruising around in my Chevy Blazer. Oh, let's stick to you an informer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now see now as we get older into the decades, boom boom down.
Speaker 3: Everybody thought they knew what he was saying. No, he licky boom boom down.
Speaker 1: And wasn't he from Canada?
Speaker 3: Kanada? Canada, Kanada, the home of Tim Horton's. Oh my god, did you sniff your pits?
Speaker 1: Yes, I forgot the deodorant this morning.
Speaker 3: You're disgusting, I feel it.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I gotta go buy deodorant after this.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I graduated high school in nineteen ninety three graduation, So that was a very uh special year for me.
Speaker 1: I graduated from high school thirteen sixteen years later.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, cool, cool, you know, and I barely graduated high school. I was like a credit short, but they still kind of pushed me through, you know, because my principal was like, you' all gotta go far in life. I'll catch you all the radio and so here I am.
Speaker 1: Well, I pretty much conned my way through high school.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know. The thing that people don't realize is that it's an I don't consider it cheating. I consider it breaking figuring out loophole.
Speaker 3: It's being resourceful.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes again.
Speaker 1: If not Jeff probes, if he's somehow listening to this right now, I get by by just being overly nice to people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it works. It works in life, it absolutely one.
Speaker 1: You just have to like phrase things differently. The more abrasive you are, the less people want to actually help you. But if I go up to you. This is how I gained the marine biology. They used to give you two points per every article, just like you would find random articles about fish. And for any article you did even have to be a full page. It had to be a paragraph for everyone that you handed in per class. So five days of class a week and you could hand in unlimited ones. I would hand in at least ten a day, so by the end of it I had one hundred throughout the board, so I aced the class. They had to change the extra credit policy because of me.
Speaker 3: I've been trying to find the Peanuts thing. But I it's not here anymore.
Speaker 1: I failed every test but my extra credit points there you go, wah wah, No, shut up, this is my past. I'm allowed to explain.
Speaker 3: What I get to. No, I totally understand because you.
Speaker 1: Talk about fart bombs and lockers, you talk about your life, your kids, Oh my god, oh everything is me.
Speaker 3: By the time I was a senior in high school, I was already producing a manic radio show, and so I only went to high school for like an hour and a half a day.
Speaker 1: So y'all can't be so famous like you, Scott Well.
Speaker 3: I mean because ninth period I had gym. They gave me gym a ninth period you still had to take gym at that point.
Speaker 1: It's absurd.
Speaker 3: I used to give my gym teacher free Big Mac coupons from McDonald's that I would get from the radio station, and he would just make me change into my shorts and then I could leave.
Speaker 1: So what you're telling me is not only were you selling cigarettes to kids giving Big Max to Jim teachers.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 1: You're a terrible person. I never sold I just gained the system. You're like I will purposely hurt you.
Speaker 3: But I never sold anything. I gave things away from my benefit.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you know what tomato, tomato, I hate resourceful, that's right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Hey it's serial Killers. Let us eat up Cereal the Resourceful podcast, that's right. Would you like to go newer classic? You want to go new first?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So a new cereal that's been popping up on shelves. Yeah, it's a new Cheerios. Okay, all right, don't say it.
Speaker 1: Is this some one that one of our listeners took a picture of. Yes, I've been waiting for this one.
Speaker 3: Yes. Now I don't know the guy's name, but he said it to us. His Twitter handle is making some dough, so I don't know if he's a baker or if he's a bank robber. I'm not I don't really know, but you know he's resourceful, So yeah, exactly, he could also join our ragtag group of thieves. See, if you look at his profile, it says that he is from Peach Bottom, Pennsylvania. That's a place I don't think so, because when I look at the zip code that he sent it from, it came from Maryland. So this guy's slightly shady, but thank you so much for the cereal. We are going to send you a shirt as soon as you send us your actual address. So let's go down to the cereal sack from General Mills. Banana nut cheerios. Yes, yes, it's waiting for this. This is not incredibly widely available yet because I've only now seen it in just a few stores, but people are telling us that it is in their supermarket.
Speaker 1: So the taste of banana is not used enough. I say, I think it should be used in more cereals. I don't want some banana chips I'm talking about. I want banana flavored cereal. I love bananas.
Speaker 3: You know my feeling with banana flavored things. I'm not gonna like this, but I definitely will try it for you. The listener.
Speaker 1: Japan has the best banana flavored things and great flavored things.
Speaker 3: Great. Oh, because you just said that, I can play this again. But it's not time.
Speaker 1: But you can't bring a cereal.
Speaker 3: No you didn't, but I just like to use that whenever I can, so in the back, it's just go. Bananas banana nut cheerios are a delicious combination a real banana, puret cinnamon, spice and oats that you and your family are sure to go nuts for. Yes. See, Now that banana that's pictured on the back not very ripe. I don't like green. I don't know why they have a green banana on there.
Speaker 1: I get to eat a banana even if it's not ripe. Though, you also hate the way I open bananas.
Speaker 3: See, I'm not yeah. I do you open it from the bottom?
Speaker 1: Yes, because they say that is the best way you can open up a banana.
Speaker 3: Does the matter with you? You get the most banana for your buck? Oh it's gluten free, hey gat Oh? Sorry, Also it's full of sugar, so I beat it. The serving suggestion on the front, I'm sorry, I can't complete the serving suggestion because it has sliced bananas and cinnamon sticks, and I don't have any cinnamons spies.
Speaker 1: A full cinnamon stick in twenty twenty, can I ask they sell them? Go? What craft gourmet person is? Like? I made a dessert and this is a cinnamon stick.
Speaker 3: McCormick does sell little containers of cinnamon sticks. Yes, people put them in there a cider. They're hot cider in the winter time, hot toddy No, and they're hot cider.
Speaker 1: Well, in a hot toddy, that's alcohol, Okay, isn't that when you're sick.
Speaker 3: It just smells like maple. It doesn't smell it like bananas at all.
Speaker 1: I would like to smell it.
Speaker 3: You will listen as I hand you the cups. Stand by.
Speaker 1: So there's no banana chips in this right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's just banana. I don't even know if there's be bana. Let's see if it's probably puret whole grain, oat, sugar, corn stars, brown sugar syrup, banana puree.
Speaker 1: I love banana. Pyrero salt of cream. Foster is my favorite pie. Sorry, I had to get that.
Speaker 3: Oil, cinnamon, tritdium phosphate, natural flavor, blah blah blah, he can flavor. I'm gonna break out the milk that you stole from the twenty first floor.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thanks twenty one.
Speaker 3: This is organic valley milk to p all we steal from them, so yeah, they're very organic. On twenty one.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry. You get a fresh direct order. You can get all this expensive stuff. Why not pass it down to three who's making the content for twenty one?
Speaker 3: Damn Tuton, Thanks you go, buddy, General Mills banana nut cheerio is ready.
Speaker 1: I get so passion. I'm not even an employee.
Speaker 2: Three h m hmmmmmmm Yeah, four balls and spoom.
Speaker 3: I taste honey nut chereos with just a little bit of banana yep, and I love it. It's not offensive. It's not an offensive banana flavor. It's not over the top. Oh my god, it's not artificial tasting. So I've really been trying.
Speaker 1: I mean it's been like a half and a half experiment to really go through all the healthy cereals that Scotty doesn't like. This is going to be after I'm finished with those grape nut flakes. Grape nut flakes, Yeah, I love the grape nut flakes. They're so good.
Speaker 3: Well, this is not an awful cereal. I thought I was going to be very disappointed. I will give it four bawls. It's delicious. Yeah, all right, success, Thank you making some dough whoever you are.
Speaker 1: Who knows, maybe this could be an early contender, No the spoonies, No.
Speaker 3: This is not. This could be a new cereal, you know.
Speaker 1: No, No, I like it enough to put it in the Spoony's race. You know, this is the uncut gems of cereal. We're gonna give it some buzz, but maybe towards spoony season it'll be uh, it'll be forgotten about.
Speaker 3: See, but what we have to remember these early cereals from January February morth.
Speaker 1: I'll make that my task.
Speaker 3: I oh, you're going to post the list of all the ratings that we say we.
Speaker 1: Know over I've been really really contemplating. I am going to make a Google Excel sheet. I figured out how to do it. Make it locked. This way people could see the rankings.
Speaker 3: Okay, and you know it would be cool if you've got like little pictures of the cereal boxes and put them there and the number of Oh, that's what it has to look like. It's going to be the picture of the cereal box.
Speaker 1: So no, because that's going to take me like a super long time.
Speaker 3: You have plenty of time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, plenty of times. Just keep posting boxes.
Speaker 3: Here's my vision. So it's going to be a picture of the cereal box and then ball ball, ball, ball spoon right next to a little icon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You alphabetize the list for Mepha.
Speaker 3: No, it's not alphaetized. It goes by episode number.
Speaker 1: No, I want to do an alphabetical order.
Speaker 3: Cool, all right, So let's go down to the classic cereal. The cereal was first introduced in two thousand and eight. We've had a sister cereal. Okay, okay, it's animal related. You said you wanted this when we did the other one. You don't remember the original one because you don't know what's going on here. Lama loops, No unicorns? No? Oh cat a corn no? No, no, no corn pops. It's from nature's path.
Speaker 1: Oh, cinnabon. What Annie's It's like a bunny variety brand.
Speaker 3: No, I sent his Nature's path. It can't be Annie's granola? Do you mind you cereal? Okay, so we had chocoate chimps. There are four or five different varieties of these little animal cereals.
Speaker 1: I do remember this, okay.
Speaker 3: And you wanted one that starts with an L leaping leaping lemurs. Got it took a lot to get that out, leap and lemurs organic. It's peanut butter and chocolate cereal. It might be gross, yeah, but it could be good because as I think of this, I think of peanut butter chocolate cereios. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go back to last year's Spoonies. But it did win the worst cereal of the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the No, it didn't, it did, didn't. The school went on, there was a whole fight, I remember, all right. So Robert Downey Junior as Doolittle only in theaters? When did that movie come out?
Speaker 1: January?
Speaker 3: Oh so it's not bad, this is not old.
Speaker 1: Did it flop out of the box office that it did?
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why I never even heard of it.
Speaker 1: Okay? Can I say one thing about Doolittle? And I just need to get this out there? Sure, So, do you know what happens at the end of this child's movie? No, so there's a dragon, right, okay, Robert Downey Junior puts his hand in the dragon's butt to take something out of the dragon.
Speaker 3: I've done that, what.
Speaker 2: Scotty?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: Down Andrew look out piece of good lad Can we hear back to the part when you said it's like no, no, no, Like, when did you put your hand in a dragon's butt?
Speaker 3: Obviously? Never puff and I used to hang out back in the day. Who Puff puffed?
Speaker 1: The match of Dragon? Yeah? Oh okay, there's a reason why he's probably not calling.
Speaker 3: You anymore anyway. At that little jingle there, Yeah, a piece of cereal could never fly out because it's always sealed.
Speaker 1: Who knows, maybe like you're being an old person that day and you're like, oh, I forgot to close it all right?
Speaker 3: So got this boxes?
Speaker 1: Really they care about their customers.
Speaker 3: It's another Environ Kids variety.
Speaker 1: They really should have used it, Like I wish I was in the marketing meeting when the like for sure old forty fifty year old executive was like, we're gonna call it Environ Kids.
Speaker 3: Oh there's games and stuff inside the box.
Speaker 1: Why inside the box?
Speaker 3: It smells nice and there's little cutouts on the back of the dool little characters. Wait, where's the dragon?
Speaker 1: His dragon is featured at the very end of the movie, so I don't know where he is.
Speaker 3: Did you know that every time you choose Environ Kids, they donate one percent of sales to environmental education projects and they're saving lemurs.
Speaker 1: So guess what this box costs you? How much?
Speaker 3: Two twenty nine?
Speaker 1: Right, So we're probably the only idiots buying this year is two cents? Right, So our two cents are helping those lemurs.
Speaker 3: Now you love giving your two cents, thank you? All right, this actually could be good. It smells kind of nice. They're little puffs, little balls, a nice peanut butter and chocolate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh no, no, yeah, I can't smell it, so I'll just say sure. Well, I don't want to say odor because it's had an odor smell smell. I'm excited. Anything is going to be better than chocol peanut butter, cheerios.
Speaker 3: You go, oh, touch the wire. That's right, as long as it didn't touch the microphone. You're ready.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Kicks look yeah, one now a little smaller one. Two, very quannky. They're pretty good. I like it. He's a really good.
Speaker 1: The peanut butter is excellent.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: It's like a creamy peanut butter.
Speaker 3: They're vegan.
Speaker 1: Thank god.
Speaker 3: Your friend could have come in hasy, not feeling warm and fuzzy. If you're unsatisfied with its environ Kids product for any reason, please let us know and they'll, you know, send you your money back.
Speaker 1: Or send me an actual lemur.
Speaker 3: They'll make things right. What is a lemur? Is that the big long tail thing?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're so cute. Yeah, they're weird. They're adorable. They're like little flying, like little raccoons.
Speaker 3: That ingredients whole grain cornmeal, cornmeal, cane sugar, peanut butter, molasses, fair trade cocoa, sea salt, soy oil, soy oil, natural chocolate flavor, and tapioca stars.
Speaker 1: Can you keep the part where you said all instead of oil?
Speaker 3: You know what some people say all like when you're talking about motor oil, they.
Speaker 1: Say, all, well, yeah, they're probably from like the South. Okay, Oh, I've got free well from a boom.
Speaker 3: Wow. I thought you'd give it more than that. It's really qunchy. This is a very qunchy cereal. I'm curious to see what happens in a little bit when the milk permeates the balls. What was that a squeak?
Speaker 1: There was a jew toy that I stepped on. No, I like it?
Speaker 3: Four balls?
Speaker 1: Yeah, really good. I would go to this.
Speaker 3: Now, what's today? The twentieth Okay, so we're about maybe two and a half weeks or so. Yeah, away from Passover. Okay, Now you know Passover is the Jewish holiday where Jews and you know whoever.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know so much about your faith. It's so so exciting to get experience your culture.
Speaker 3: Leavened bread. Okay, they had to get out of Egypt real quick. They didn't have time for the bread to rise. The whole thing. That's where you get the matsa from How to Escape Everything.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is just watch the Rugrats episode on Passover, and I feel like you'll be refreshed.
Speaker 3: Okay, Rugrats is really not my era.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. It'll still do a better explanation than you are explaining Passover.
Speaker 3: I just told you what happened. The Jews had to escape Egypt. They had to get out of there.
Speaker 1: If you're listening, watch the Rugrats episode for a better explanation.
Speaker 3: They didn't have time for the bread to rise. So that's why we eat unleavened bread matza. Okay, so during Passover you can't eat things that have yeast and bread stuff in it. Okay. So they have Passover cereals, didn't we have one? We did not. Our friend Kya sent that nugat, yes, but that was not a passover serial cosha for Passover. That was plain old kosher. This cereal is kosher for Passover. Let me go down and get serial killers. But bones, it's the bonus Passover box now, Kaya told me not to do these cereals because she said they're absolutely disgusting. Oh boy, I showed you a selection of cereals in the supermarket, and this is the one that you chose. Okay, all right, so let's see what happens. It's from Manischevitz. It's my favorite wine. It's the only wine I drink, by the way. Really, yes, I get drunk off that BlackBerry grape Manischevitz. It's delicious. The guy on this box is frightening. He's a sun mash up with the Magician. And these are vanilla crunch puffs gluten free. Oh he's Magic Max. That's his name, Magic Max. Oh so, Magic Max is vanilla crunch puffs Kosher for passover cereal with vanilla flavored filling. Okay, I'm a little frightened because generally passover things don't taste that great. Yeah, for the most part.
Speaker 1: Do you make the passover meals in your house? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Well, I don't know. My mom makes matza, brie and brisket, and she makes all kinds of delicious stuff, but there's just no bread. And you know what, It's funny because until you observe passover. You don't realize how much bread you actually eat?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? When I try and do no carb, it's like my life ends.
Speaker 3: My mom used to make these passover rolls. They're like literally rocks. They're so disgusting. Even if you put them in the mossa ball soup, they just they just still stay hard.
Speaker 1: Well with vegans, they try and do a Oh god, what's wrong?
Speaker 3: Oh they look at this bag? Oh no, look at this box. Oh no, no, look at this bag. They what this is like?
Speaker 1: That's a crime.
Speaker 3: This should be like a wheat thins. That's the size of this bag.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's insane. That's a crime, all right.
Speaker 3: And it's in a foil bag. Usually foil means sweet, so let's see. I gotta say it smells nice.
Speaker 1: I picked a good one.
Speaker 3: You might have. There's a chocolate variety as well. There's a couple of companies that make passover cereals, but these are like the mainstream ones that you find in the supermarkets.
Speaker 1: Wait, what is the name of this company?
Speaker 3: Man of Chevitz.
Speaker 1: There's a W and Menischevitz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not man of shoe its. It's pronounced man of Chevitz.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wow, See you learn something new every day.
Speaker 3: No, it looks like a typo, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I told you about Robert Downey Junior sticking his hand in the dragon's button. Doolittle gott he tells you that Manischevitz has a w in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, we both. It's like a give and take with us.
Speaker 3: It is all right, let's see, let's see how magic max. He's crazy, that scary.
Speaker 1: I don't like the masko.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure how they came up with that guy.
Speaker 1: It seems like a very early nineties mascot that like you'd see and be like, oh, they should have changed out a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: See I wanted the chocolate one. For the record, I wanted the chocolate.
Speaker 1: One one toothday.
Speaker 3: It tastes like a vanilla wafer.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it.
Speaker 3: It tastes like a vanilla wafer. The outer shell is not that great at first, but as soon as you crunch I mixed the vanilla crap inside him, I like it. But once the vanilla disappears, it's not a very nice taste.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's dull. I give this three bowls. I don't hate it. I actually am going to get another spoonful, mostly because I really did like those crackers as a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when the vanilla cream disappears, the outer shell is absolutely disgusting, I must say so for that reason. A ball and a spoon that's a little roight. Yeah, I really like the inside the cream is very good, but the outer apart, No, I.
Speaker 1: Don't find it too offensive.
Speaker 3: So if I was a kid, I couldn't eat you know, cheerios, I would eat this. I guess.
Speaker 1: I actually really don't mind it. Three bowls and I gotta say, like it's I don't think my go to cereal will ever be a stuffed or filled cereal like that to me is not breakfast. That is a dessert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like a kosher for passover crave. Picture it that way.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's a pillow cereal with some vanilla cream inside, but the shell tastes like dog craft and it.
Speaker 1: Has a terrifying mascot.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, when you crunch them together, it's good. But again, when the cream disappears, uh uh.
Speaker 1: I don't mind it. I gotta tell you, it's not the worst compared to like a one bowl in a spoon.
Speaker 3: I keep eating it.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, exactly, that's why you should be bumping.
Speaker 3: I'll make it. There's two balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nut. I bet you your kids would like it? Would you give it three bowls?
Speaker 3: Okay? Right, well that was our passover cereal. I don't think we're going to do another one. Oh I want to really? Yeah, okay, I'm in.
Speaker 1: I've invested. I've had terrible cereals on this podcast. This is not one of them. I'm not offended by it, and I think it's fun to get to try new things.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, then, do you want the chocolate on or do you want me to get a completely different one?
Speaker 1: Completely different one?
Speaker 3: What did I showed you? Hold on? I sent you the picture.
Speaker 1: This was not a terrible episode. It was I don't think so. I like the cereals. Banana was great, the lemurs were great, and then the vanilla crunch puffs by Terrible Sun mascot is decent.
Speaker 3: All right, So here we go. These are all the pictures I've sent you. Oh look, I sent you the picture of my nineteen seventy seven issue of Chips that I found in my attic with Eric at the cord. It was us magazine from nineteen seventy seven. And then I sent you a picture of him with a chimpanzee for some reason, I don't remember why, I don't have it. Well, that's a shame.
Speaker 1: This is going well.
Speaker 3: You waited all the time for nothing.
Speaker 1: What a payoff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, we'll do another one. I don't know, all right, So thanks for listening. This has been episode ninety three Serial Killers. You have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Stay safe and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Stay safe, keep listening to the podcast. We hope that you're enjoying this. We hope it's an escape from everything going on in the real world and you could just enjoy a nice bowl of cereal and relax.
Speaker 3: Eat cereal. Yes, it'll make you feel better.
Speaker 1: That's not FDA claim. This is only a podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Follow us please on all social platforms serial Killers PC. If you'd like to send us cereal, just drop us a DM somewhere and we'll let you know how to get it to us, and we'll send your shirt if we use your cereal on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and make sure you like it. Subscribe to podcast because whenever a new episode is posted gets right on your phone. You don't have to go looking for it or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Cool, have a great weekend, Thanks for listening, and we'll see you on Monday. Until then, crunch. So, if Magic Max had a voice, what would he sound like?
Speaker 1: Hello on Magic Maucks.
Speaker 3: Cereal Toil. That's exactly what he looks like. There you go.