Speaker 1: Hey, there we go. Welcome the Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Falls here with Fretzmonenz and Tennemuntins. Today's show, we got Jade Daniels historic here man. He was a special football player, ap DQ. Is that the best pairing sets bethed and gifts. We have to think about that, Yeah, I like to think about That's gonna be a tough talk. And then can we get better for next year? And are we super Bowl bound? That's all of today's show, and this is a reminder were presented by Cognier Technologies to cure today, shape tomorrow. And guys, we have a very special event today because we are here at Davios Restaurants and rest. I said it right, man, Yeah, I was a little worried about it.
Speaker 2: Let me get the first to.
Speaker 1: Get the prenciation guy going. So it's good to be here in front of a live audience. Guys, thank you so much for coming out tonight. Really appreciate it. And obviously we're at Tuck Commander's Football specifically, we'll start off with Jayden Daniels and I don't know what we can say that hasn't already been said.
Speaker 3: He was God sent right to change a fan base this's been down for three decades. And the things that he did in his first year, he established himself. It's the best rookie quarterback of all time?
Speaker 1: Am I sederating right there?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 1: I mean a little bit, he though. I mean, who would you put ahead of that? I mean, friend says crazy stuff, that's a crazy thing to say. But then I think about him, like, it's not that far off, right, I mean, I don't even know who you're putting the same pantheon. Obviously, people will talk about it if you locked potentially, but again, his rookie year was not it was not statistically.
Speaker 4: This at least we wasn't around to actually witness no one else's rookie year to be up equal, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what he did not just through the air, because that was impressive, not what he did on the ground that was very impressive, but his leadership skills and going knowing how to win football games that was beyond his years. He showed maturity his spots where we've all been rookies, no doubt, we didn't. We wasn't there yet like he is.
Speaker 4: Well, that's one of the things that stood out to me. You know when folks ask you questions about it. You know, of course we had you know, I guess you could say front row seat to just witnessing everything that he got a chance to go out there and do on the field. But what wild me was just the maturity, not only the maturity week in and week out. As the weeks grew, you know, teams are going to start as saying we got to pick up now on what's he displays half far? Yep, And it just he wasn't phased. He went out there every time and he became better. So when you say, was he the best rookie quarterback or the best rookie period that you've ever seen, Yeah, I can honestly say he's one of those guys I've never seen anything like.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, best is irrespective. Though to me, the thing that was most impressive about it, and you guys know, because you guys played for a long time, is just like week on week what you're talking about, Tanne, Yeah, the ability to like stay in it mentally, Like he just went through this whole off season process, got drafted high, did the whole thing. Yeah, and then for him to just kind of be that consistent mentally each week. Yeah, I mean that's maybe the most impressive thing.
Speaker 3: Right, I got something that might be even more impressive the way he consumed success. He assumed success and not let it bother him. You wouldn't have known. The great thing about him I love emotionally, he's always in the middle.
Speaker 1: It don't matter if he.
Speaker 3: Just threw for four hundred yards, he just threw two interceptions, you would never know. So that maturity, and not just the maturity, but the maturity of learning how to accept success.
Speaker 1: That really shocked me. It's almost like he was more frustrated dealing with the media than he was with the season, you know what I'm saying. Like that that was like that was a distraction from his main goal, which I thought was really interesting to be around him and just see like again, like we're in the building, you get to see him every day. Like his ability just to be so locked in again, I was just that was the thing that was most.
Speaker 4: You almost have to be taught to how to I guess you can say handle the media, because you know how he was as rookies.
Speaker 1: Stay.
Speaker 4: I remember going through it in New York, not understanding that my role and what it took for me to be a first round draft pick and my responsibility of talking to the media after practice, Yeah, the games. I didn't understand that until a guy you know, wrote me off in front page paper, you know what I'm saying, And then I realized, like, oh, it's it's it's more. That's more layered than just getting in a football peah. So to have a young guy to come in and you win the Heisman, you go through all that stuff, you go through the draft and everything. Then to come in here and not know how big this media is when it comes to this football team, and to have a successful season, you know, I guess you can say it was caught off guard a little bit, but as the season went on, you can see him loosen up a little bit and understand his his his role was bigger than what he probably expected.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, So obviously there's the stuff on the field, but I think like maybe something maybe maybe a better thing to talk about it is like when did you know that he was a guy? Like what was the moment where you're like, this is the dude that is going to be something special. I've got a couple of moments in mind, but yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Got to coverage suit I think the one that stood out the most of me was Prime Time Monday night football in Cincinnati. Yeah, I mean, you look, it's one thing to say that if you look back, because before every game you can almost go back to the years and say, well, the you know, the Commanders then paying out well against.
Speaker 2: This opponent or when they playing Prime.
Speaker 4: It's always a set popped up about bigma, what we did in the past. And so leading up to that week, I heard so much of it, and I was.
Speaker 1: Not you know, I'm a superstitious guy.
Speaker 4: I don't like that stuff to kind of I guess you could say, linger over it to how I believe or how I think. And I was saying the whole time, I'm not going to mention it. I'm not going to say anything about Monday Night Football. I'm not going to say anything about Prime Time. This is a new era, new staff, new team, knew everything. And to see him go out there and play go, you know, blow for blow with Joe Burrow, Joe Burrow had a magnificent night.
Speaker 2: And to see him standing the.
Speaker 4: Paint and not flinch and not flinch then throw the dagger at the end to Terry, That's.
Speaker 1: When I knew it was he was him.
Speaker 3: Well, it's supposed the dumbest, since I have an eye, you know when it comes to young talent. Yeah, it so when I thought the guy was special, it.
Speaker 1: Was no lie. I just felt it. It was after the.
Speaker 3: Appreciate practices when I seen him practice.
Speaker 1: Not even the game. You remember practice. I do remember the practices.
Speaker 3: I got more from the practices than I did from the game because I'm like, this guy's handling this defense that had Saust Guardener, that has the Williams brothers. This guy's not flinching with them because because I'm like, all right, is he If he gonna make mistakes, he's gonna make them. At this practice with Jets like they moved too fast. This is gonna be a whot. DJ read like I can keep going on with the talent they have. And when I see him not get flinch, get nervous, have no butterflies, I said.
Speaker 2: We got us one.
Speaker 3: I was like, we got somebody that has ice water running through their veins. And not only did he make this fan based fall in love with him, he made other fan basis father of love.
Speaker 1: That's the most unbelievable thing. I'm gonna call you a liar first person. My daddy is a preacher.
Speaker 3: We don't believe in that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's probably it's the Cincinnati game. It's a third and seven where it hits that bombitary like that was like such a big moment and again like for him just and then you're like, oh, man, he's not able to do it again. Then they go to Arizona and he built off of it and they have the game, tough game versus the Steelers, the overtime win versus the Falcons. Man like every time they were kind of ring the bell, he just walked up and rang it. And it's just every day he just got better every single week.
Speaker 3: It felt like, did you early on tell the truth shame the devil? Did you early on say you know what? Because a lot of fans would call it into the show and be it aked me.
Speaker 1: Is this RG three like the first one.
Speaker 2: The first couple of games, No, just the first couple.
Speaker 3: Of games for Cincinnati or yeah, when they wasn't sure to believe or not?
Speaker 2: Did you did you hear a lot of that rumblings?
Speaker 1: And what made you say?
Speaker 3: I said it wasn't compared with the RG three because of the person.
Speaker 1: They was two different people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they might have had the same skill set, but it was two different people in the way they think and the way they leave.
Speaker 4: So I love the fact that you asked us that question because we actually played with RG in both and out the gate, I knew it was something different. I think, you know, when you look at RG magnificent first year, I mean, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: Man, it was that time we talked about this.
Speaker 4: It was times when even when he was wrong, he made it, made it right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And then it was another thing to that season.
Speaker 4: I remember having an offense in twenty ten under the same staff, and then twenty eleven the same offense, and then twelve everything just shifted and changed to basically, I guess, support him to make sure cater to what he can do well. And so you know, at the same time, when you shift like that and you have a guy that's dynamic as RG.
Speaker 2: Three was, you know, the league was caught off you know, court off guard.
Speaker 4: They didn't understand how to you know, I guess you could say, stop what we was doing out the gate.
Speaker 1: And then you saw some of those.
Speaker 4: Games later in the season where oh, you know, things are catching up to us now. The defense is are playing to some of our weaknesses and stuff like that. The reason why I always got frustrated when I heard the fans ask the question of Barji three, because I'm actually the guy that had to be out there, you know, letting him know, Hey, I'm hoping on this one. When I'm watching Jaden, I was sitting there saying, Oh, he knows it.
Speaker 2: He actually he's going to the wide receiver.
Speaker 1: This he at him.
Speaker 4: He actually has the answers, Yeah, before he gets out that huddle, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So that's the difference that I saw in a young Jayden and RG three. I saw a guy that can actually dissect the defense in the pocket and not have to worry or use his legs so much.
Speaker 1: You Yeah. And I think the thing that gets me excited is, you know pretty sure Jason did a great job of putting this on. Is is this his ceiling or can he continue to improve? And I think the thing about him in this year and the difference between him and Robert is Robert it felt like he was popped up by the offense. Yes, and this feels like it's the reverse. It feels like Jaden's propping up the offense. He's reading stuff out, he's making plays, he's being discerning not only when to throw the football, but when to run the football. And that decision making process tells me that he's playing NFL football. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. He has the opportunity to play in football. And I don't want to speak for you guys, but do you think he can continue to still improve?
Speaker 3: I do, because we still as good as he was this year, he still left some plays on the field, and we know you only get bad as you be in this game.
Speaker 2: Like this is a scary fact.
Speaker 3: Philis what if I tell y'all this is the worst he's gonna be, but like it's a chance this is the worst he's Kapilo.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And we are incredibly excited about Jane Daniels, obviously, but we're also excited about Adam Peters and everything that he's done for this organization so far. We're gonna talk about that when we come back after the break. So Big one hundred listeners makes you stay tuned. We're talking to Adam Peters when we come back. Big one hund All right, Big one hundred listeners, Welcome back to the Command Center podcast and welcome back to dabios and guys, thank you so much for joining us here. This is fantastic. Really appreciate it. And I forgot to ask you, guys, how do you guys feel here at Davia's. How do you guys feel about Jane Daniels. Yeah, that's what I thought. That's an easy one, right, I'm gonna that's an easy one right in your own time in the city, when you you know, head a quarterback that you can lean on like that.
Speaker 3: People don't like to talk about it, but the quarterback is the most important person owned a football, and.
Speaker 1: I would argue maybe in this case second post important person. The guy that really got this whole party started was Adam Peters. And when you think about him coming in here right and everything he was able to do right, obviously hiring Dan Quinn, drafting Jayden Daniels, and really just kind of changing the total map. Yeah, and the direction of this franchise. I think we got to give him some credit. And it just seems like such a pivotal key or pivotal cog, excuse me, the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, especially with him and DQ being on the same page. You know, that's the thing about Adam's Peters. He's the guy that goes to the grocery store to get the groceries and he has to ex chief then Quinn to cook it up. So I need to be on the same page with what ingredients? How you getting for me? And when he looked at our roster, he said, you know what I need to get better in each and every room, and he did it. Think about it, we had over eighty percent, almost eighty percent of these eighty six with new players on this team, and for them to come together in one off season and do with the things that they did.
Speaker 2: You got to give Adam Peterson props.
Speaker 1: For what he did. He put together with this team, no question.
Speaker 4: But just think about how many years we went without a true gs them.
Speaker 2: And so to finally get one.
Speaker 4: And of course, you know nowadays it's a copycat league.
Speaker 1: You see other teams are successful.
Speaker 4: You see the success of San France and the Ravens every year, you know, especially when it comes to just making to the you know, to the postseason. Buffalo, all the teams that you see consistently getting to the postseason, and you're wondering to yourself, like what do they have that we don't? We have the players we probably couldn't say we could probably could juggle here and.
Speaker 2: That say we have a culture too, But what was it that we didn't have?
Speaker 4: It was a gym, Yeah, I think that was That was so you know, I guess you could say vital to our success this ship, because not only did we get a GM, we brought a guy in here that was young, that had been around the game for a long time when in football started off from being a scout, you know.
Speaker 2: He had he basically had his steps.
Speaker 4: You know, I mean, he'd been through the whole gun, comes to you know what it takes to be in this, you know, the position that he's in now.
Speaker 2: And he just knew what to do.
Speaker 4: He knew what to do far as let me go pick the little you know they say them go out there and get you the gross like you Yeah, I'm gonna get you the groceries. I might not can't tell you how to cook it. It's on you to do that, but I'm gonna get the groceries. And so to say that we had a huge turnover that that fast. You know, every player that you went out there and got yep, we spot on. That was amazing to me is himself and that's just what it takes, you know, to have great.
Speaker 3: He showed us what happens when you don't have a GM because the three picks before him, before he get here, they're not on his team, right, so they go to repercussions of not having a guy with an eye for talent and not just an eye for talent. What is this guy gonna be in three years when we develop him eye for tablity and it's not.
Speaker 1: Even an eye for talent, it's just the time. It's the time to go through four hundred college athletes, it's the time to go through a two hundred free agents. It's the time to look at all the trades, who's availability, make those phone calls. That's a full time job, man. And I think, not only do you need to have the time and the position to get that done, you have some skill. And I think he's cultivated. Like like you said, Tann that he was with the New England Patriots. He saw how Bill Belichick did it right. He went to Denver, saw how Denver did. They won a Super Bowl there. He went to say Francisco. They won a Super Bowl there, so he got to see three different Super Bowl winning organizations and how to handle it and for him to bring that level of experience here. And then the thing that gets me man is not only did he do do a great job with the team, but every single higher you know, like of the people that are under him in that personnel offense has been outstanding. They've been all stars. Like Lance Newmark has been a great addition. Yeah, that's someone he goes out and identifies. And so tamil acquisition is a thing on the field, but then building a structure that makes it work is also something that's extremely special.
Speaker 3: So can we come to agreement that the days of the head coach slash GM is over?
Speaker 1: Week? I think it's over. I was talking to a I was talking to an agent the other day who represents a bunch of coaches and he's like, I'm actually actively advising my clients to no longer do that. Yeah, because it's just too much time. It's too big of a time commitment. And so obviously the Washington Commanders have had good GMS in the past. One guy in particular is Bobby Bethard. Right the legend man in the meal he's a legend, and so he's a Hall of Fame guy, right, Yeah, he's a executive and you know, obviously GM from nineteen seventy eight. In nineteen eighty eight he hired Joe Gibbs, Obviously Adam Peters hired Quinn. Nineteen eighty one draft picks, you know, Mark may Russ Gram, Dexter Manly, Charlie Brown, Jojoacobe was a UDFA Hall of Fame and then after that he drafts Art Monk, Darryl Green, Charles Man, Gary Clark. So in terms of the importance of a GM to this organization, I mean, yeah, it's it's there is he can he kind of live up to that legacy that that's a big Barnes. I mean you got to.
Speaker 3: Realize Logan did a he found Dale Green at Texas A and I this food on it ain't even open the.
Speaker 1: I think they turned it into a raising Kane. I don't like he found guys that people didn't know the talent that was back in the day where they had the film that they had literally film it up in.
Speaker 3: You had to trust what a coach told you about a player when you called down there. So the environment of Bethel was probably harder than his environment we live in now, this digital environment.
Speaker 1: But I couldn't imagine, like could.
Speaker 3: You imagine, like here he go the draft, Thie's coming out this five hundred reals?
Speaker 1: I mean, do you remember watching you? I don't know how much film used to watch Fred, but watching old films before it got to be high definition and you have to be like, what number is that? The grainy fans, the dude with a towel on it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes we did have, but I just think that's a heavy bark. But the way that they started off this year, because if you look at our draft picks, number two pick at quarterback, arguably the best rookie quarterback of all time, Mikey Sanders still comes he here and plays big time.
Speaker 2: We're waiting on being sent in to come and hits his own.
Speaker 3: We found they starting left tackle in the third round Colevid.
Speaker 1: So yes, he's starting off on that how should I say, trajectory, But he's got to take the plane offf No, you gotta take off at one point.
Speaker 3: But getting to the NFC championship the first year, it's only great things ahead. So I think he can live up to that that lawfully Bard has been said.
Speaker 4: Yea, I truly believe he can. He could probably live up to. But it's it's a tall mountain, Klaws.
Speaker 1: I mean, we're I hate to do it because we're making these comparisons, and these comparisons are somewhat unfair, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be fair, I mean, I'm happy with what I saw thus far. You know what, to me, it's not a look, it's not about having player for player. You know what we've seen in the past. Aren't Monk Dalrek Green all those guys. But it's just how consistent can you be at getting the right guy, getting the right guys to come in here and be a part of what we're trying to do A win, a successful team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I want to talk with this some more. Is you know, obviously dan Quinn Adam Peters working together. That seems like the thing that makes it go. So if if i'm if I'm AP and I bring in twenty six free agents, yeah, I gotta trust that dan Quinn can build the culture and make that right. Yeah. And if I'm bringing all these draft picks in, I got to make sure it aligns. And so to me, when I look at that relationship, and we already talked about it a little bit, but that to me seems like the most important relationship in the entire organization.
Speaker 3: No, no, it is because because you need that synergy, you need to all be on the same page, all headed in the right direction.
Speaker 2: That's kind of colonel and sergeant working together.
Speaker 3: Right there, like we are the truths and we all been in that locker room, and one thing we do. We come into the locker room with unloftly expectations. Come on even as players. I mean I was a rookie. I come in the locker room, I see I see Dale Green, I see the other saying, I see cham Bailey, And I was like, well, I'm like, I think I'm gonna be as.
Speaker 1: Good as you guys. The bar was too high.
Speaker 4: Now, But you you also been around teams where you know, the GM and the head coach wasn't on the same page, but they was picking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, so that's that year.
Speaker 3: It was like that because they wanted to draft you remember, but instead they drafted God yeah, yeah, they blew it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the other person we got to say this great job of is Josh Harris, Oh yeah, his ability to identify and again it's it's a leadership rous Magic Johnson, My os, Rix Spielman, that whole group, and I just love the way they handle it. They said, we're gonna get a bunch of people in here that know football, and I'm gonna make the best hire in Adam Peters and he's gonna set the direction for this organization.
Speaker 3: Bes Onna in the area. He's so good at his job they want him to kick him out of Phelly right now. Like this is what I'm telling you. You know, well, yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, We're gonna take a quick break and when we come back, we're talking dan Quinn. Is he the best coach in the in the NFL? I think so. I think so we're gonna talk about that when we get back. Welcome into the Command Center podcast time logan paulse here with fretzwod A Tenemos. We're in Davos in resting and we have the best fans in the league here with us tonight. Thank you guys so much for coming out. Sandel woke up with sleeping time. It makes tonight very very special. So we're talking dan Quinn right, and you know I love his motto anybody, anytime, anywhere.
Speaker 2: Anywhere, anywhere.
Speaker 1: I mean, Tanny, You've had a couple of interactions with him, obviously, like what makes him, in your estimation such such the right guy for this He's such a right guy for this job.
Speaker 4: I mean, you want to speak about the job first. I think being personable as a coach is key. We've been around a lot of coaches that didn't care about what was going on, didn't care about you personally. He understood that, hey man, I got to bring the best players in here. Sometime it may, it might kind of you know. I guess you can say not allow us to have the best relationship because I'm not trying to have a relationship with you. Yeah, but I think that's where most of those guys fail at. You know, you have to understand the talent you bring in and the person. It's one thing, it's the talent and it's the person. What dan Quinn especially at is knowing the man, you know what I mean, before he goes out there and plays a play. He want to understand that I'm bringing the right guy in this locker room that can coexist with all these other guys. So to me, that's what his I guess you can say his special talent.
Speaker 1: Is, well, let's be honest.
Speaker 3: First of all, he met his wife it sales very University. So this in the DMV. So he found love in the d n B and that bringing love back to the DNV. And think about this. When you look at coaches, we kind of break them down in different categories. You got your brain eac what they call this new school guy that's gonna innovate things. You got your coach with the Granddaddy effect, that coach Gibt that you'll run through a brick wild for. You got your super disciplinarian. I think he's a little bit of all of them. And it allows him to shape and mold coaches. And you can only shape and mold coaches if you can get the masses on your team to believe whatever message that you're trying to get to them. And his person ability allows them to sit there and say, you know what, I believe in Coach. I'm gonna run through a brick wild for Coach. I trust what he's teaching. And he got out fifty three guys that believe in that intendent.
Speaker 1: This is something you talked about when we were talking about the coaching search, you know, and all these different candidates. You're like, I want someone who is good at being a head coach, is good at leading men. Yeah, and I think when you look at Dan like his career is head coach is great. You know, it's a super Bowl obviously fall short, but he understands that element of leading and motivating people at the highest levels.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if I mentioned about you know that that's another part to me that I think that he's I guess you could say sterling at just leading me in, just being one of those guys that man, he knows how to get into a room.
Speaker 1: You know how that room is.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you got a bunch.
Speaker 3: Of out for you got fifty three after mails and here with millions of dollars, and they got guys.
Speaker 4: That sometime like what the coach said don't even matter, you know.
Speaker 1: I sometimes you bring it to work. You don't take but a chance.
Speaker 2: He gambled a lot. He always had some dice and something.
Speaker 4: But honestly, you have guys, trust me, We've been in locker rooms where the guys felt like if he's not saying the right thing to me, I don't care. I don't give it the rats, you know what about what he's saying. So great to show the screen, to have a guy to come in and be able to address the room and say, look, this is what we're about, this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: This is me. He late that down first.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know, and most players that we talked to, like, we had player at the player come and tell us that before we went out there and played to play, he made sure we knew each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So that tells you a lot about the coach out the gate. So that's what you want. And then I told you guys, when everybody was in the you know, Ben Johnson in a frenzy of this.
Speaker 2: I want to offensive minded.
Speaker 4: God, I'm like, no, when we played those Cowboys for years after years after years, where were they lacking that.
Speaker 2: Most most of them all defense?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, until Dan Quinn got there and there was a guy there. Defense went through the roof. The team was winning twelve games every year. So when I heard we was getting him, yeah, I was ecstatic. I was ecstatic alone, but just knowing that our defense gonna get better.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 4: And then also were taking something away from those guys who we hate the most, giving him a deficion, you know what I mean. So that's where to me it all started. But I just love a guy that understands, Look, this is what I gotta do. This is the tone that we have to play with. This is the mentality we had to have. And every guy that went out there, everybody we brought in, everybody that we got rid of, the guys that was here was the guys that he believed in the most.
Speaker 3: I want to thank y'all old offensive coordinator Kyle shana Hand. He's the reason we have dan Quinn like that the bokle in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: It's the reason that we have dan Quinn at the God, you're such a hater, brother.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying they win into halftime with a thirty thirty point league and Cal gave it up.
Speaker 4: But gat what you blame that solely on col Or? Do you say he was playing against gotta check break?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, I blame it on these two people, Cal and Shanahan.
Speaker 1: Guess who I brain it off.
Speaker 3: But we need to like that he failed because no coach has won a Super Bowl in one place and win another place in one one.
Speaker 1: So by him failing it kind of let.
Speaker 3: Him go build himself back up and bring himself here. And what I heard him saying an interview is every mistake I made at the Atlanta Falcons is, but I'm not going to make those mistakes here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I think that's a great point, right, because it brings me to like maybe one of my Obviously, the players, the juice, the mentality are all there, but the hiring of his staff, right, talking about knowing your blind spots. Yeah, got Cliff Kingsbury, Joe what Junior Larry is, Oh, Anthony Lenn Bobby Ingram, Ryan Kerrigan, and then you've got guys like that are underneath Cliff kings are if Kingsberry were to leave, you feel good about him. So talk about a guy that said, hey man, this is the thing that kind of tripped me up when I was in Atlanta, Kyle Shanahan leaving, right, I lost kind of control of the offense. Yep. But he's got all these guys, you know, previous staffs that we've covered here. Yeah, you look at the staff, You're like, man, there's nobody else that I would hire here to be an Oca here, there's like four or five guys that have either been a head coach or a head coach. I say, like that is the way to troubleshoot an issue and talk about learning from a mistake. Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about that is his ability to continuously learn and get better. Well, just just go down the line.
Speaker 3: Cliff kings Beer, we just had like three people try to come out to him and be their head coach.
Speaker 1: He said, no, I'm happy. Jedi five makes me happy.
Speaker 3: Joe Witt just took a defense of guys and they got.
Speaker 1: Better each and every week.
Speaker 3: Larry Is, though, I'm sorry they got to give him props as a special team.
Speaker 1: Our special teams with specialty.
Speaker 3: Anthony leon Is head coaching, quality coaching guy. Bobby Ingram brought a lot to the wide receiver room and not very own Ryan Harry and I'm sure the knowledge that he has in his head and teacher that he is helped everything get molded the way it's supposed to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we heard so much about you know, our defensive linement, talking about Ryan character's impact, you know, teaching them how to get off of you know. I guess you can.
Speaker 2: Say blocks and the team that. Yeah, and you don't.
Speaker 4: Understand how valuable that is of having a guy of that nature in that room. You know what I'm saying, because yeah, we look at no, we understand it, but I'm just saying, like Forrest for the yeah, in general, average fans to understand that Ryan is.
Speaker 1: The reason why some of those guys.
Speaker 2: Fire look got double digit sex, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again like that's all, that's all. Good job hiring. And the other thing I love about Dan is he's taken a lot of responsibility for clock management, end of game situations, fourth downs, win and when not to go for him. And you look at the statistical elements of this year's team that made them a winner. Right, it's an eighty seven percent conversion rate on fourth downs. They it's a forty five percent conversion on third down. Right, it's understanding, hey, when to go for two, end of game scenario, managing timeouts and when you've got you See again, I'm not trying to throw shaite on the Bears. Yes you are. I am, Actually I am exactly what we do. Like they butchered end of game scenarios, y, Yeah, their head coaches in charge of that Yeah. Look at the difference between a guy who's involved in their stands the situation and dan Quinn And how many victories that lead to this to this year for us?
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean sixth at least, right, I'm off gonna say four or five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you gotta realized we went on.
Speaker 3: We went on I think a fullth down play to extend the drive late late in the year. So him understanding situational football is what makes him different.
Speaker 2: And that's what you get when you coach, Like when.
Speaker 3: You sit back and coach and you go against these teams, you understand why.
Speaker 1: No doubt. Yeah, and the other thing. So this is a little bit from This is from producer Jason, So don't give me any hate for this, but it is dan Quinn already the best head coach in Commander's history other other than Joe Joe Gibbs. It's one year, but that's what That's what my only thought on this. His one year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beats coach gibbs first year. We can we can all agree what was.
Speaker 1: For those of us who don't know, namingly me, what was Joe Gibbs's first year? I think he wants seven games? Yeah, I think eight games, eight games games?
Speaker 3: All right, well I got went to the NFC Championship, so striped one. He was better than the Joseph in his first year. All right, Well where's the bo for coach Gibbs?
Speaker 1: Three super Bowls.
Speaker 4: And they go to bisship been the first one.
Speaker 3: But I can say this as a first year head coach, I don't think I've ever seen a job did to the t like this job was pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was. It was definitely impressive.
Speaker 4: And I think just for the guys that I know after Joe gibbs second stint alone, you know, and one of the guys that stood out the most to me was Mike Shanninghan. Yeah, I think he had the better I guess you can say run at it, you know, with this staff and with this uh, you know, this football team. But I think he's he takes that lead over from him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So obviously a quick break right now. But we are extremely excited about this team. Obviously, friend's extremely excited. Best coach since Joe Gibbs. And so we're gonna talk predictions for next year. Are we super Bowl bound? I'll open that one day in that van let's stay tuned to find out the window. In the Welcome Back to the Command Center podcast, I'm Logan Paul sit here with Fred Swetenna Moz. We're in Davo, so in resting and thank you guys, the fans so much for coming out and supporting us. Awesome. Yeah, I love it, right, Yeah, let me go amazing. Risutta's amazing. It's the risult result.
Speaker 2: Yeah I have.
Speaker 1: I'll just you that's pretty quet. You should get the Risotta. I'm telling you tell them France sent you. Yeah. All right. So now we're gonna start with risk It for the Biscuit team predictions for next season. That's presented by Marsha McLennon Agency, your partner in Risk and People's Strategies. So first off, again when we're talking predictions, there's a couple of things we got to talk about areas improvement, and we also gotta look at the schedule for niction. Let's do it. And so I look at the schedule and you Tanna, you looked at the schedule for next year, he wrote. Initial reaction.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean that's the price you're paid on when you're good.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have a sicke place a schedule.
Speaker 4: You look at every team on here, and most of the teams they were successful, especially our way games. Yeah, I mean you got Minnesota, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chargers, Kansas City, Green Bay. All those teams were successful last year. They had quarterback, they had almost winning season. So you look at it and you say, no, year is gonna be like the other year? Yeah, you know what I mean out the gate. So you have to look at yourself for say, do we run it? Are we that good next year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, And that's the I guess that's the question for all ups to kind of, you know, deal with this off season. Now I look at it like this, I'm not so high on us having twelve wins. Everybody's probably gonna say that's the bar. That's what I want to see.
Speaker 1: Every your playoffs.
Speaker 2: Just get to the playoffs.
Speaker 4: So with that being said, no, I'm not I'm not expecting us to go out there and have that kind of season. But I do expect consistency in what we saw from this team as in the way they played the game.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When I look at this schedule, all like to say, thank god, you can't say anything. Thank God for the New York Giants. You don't need a week off at the quarterback. We gotta play, Patrick Mahome. Do you think Gino Smith holds another quarterback? I've been set they do have even in the division. Dak Prescott, Ye, Dalen hurts Geno Smith.
Speaker 1: We got guys, Michael Penis again, nickt it's a gun merit golf. Let's just keep going.
Speaker 3: Just off, you know, and the charge you might have a good one too. All I'm saying is is one of those things no fair dodging. If y'all say, y'all that type of team. We a playoff team for really your playoff team. This is how you have to prove it. And nobody cares how you win these games. I don't care if at three point games over tag games. If you can get out of here with a winning schedule, I mean a winning record and get to the playoffs, you've proved everything I need to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think the thing that makes me feel really good is that there are a lot of quarterbacks on this list. Yeah, but the Washington Commanders got a quarterback. Now they got a quarterback. Yeah. And the one thing about getting a quarterback, especially one as skilledness composed as Jayden Daniels is. He lets you compete with every single everybody on here. And again it might not be twelve wins, but you're going to be in a dogfight. And so that's something else I want to talk about with you guys. Right, So obviously I think we're really happy with, you know, twelve wins, playoffs, championship game, all those different things. But I do think we all acknowledge the team needs to get better. Yeah, we always you can always get better. The first thing coming up here is the is free agency. Right, so we got to resign a bunch of guys. We got to look to other teams to find out where do we want to get kind of better? Where where the areas you want to get better?
Speaker 3: Start by resigning on starting by now, Start by resigning mister Jeremy Chin, Starting by signing mister Bobby Weck.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of clips out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, bring back a guy like Dante five, that's much like so Caniarius Lucas a good swing tak in this league.
Speaker 2: So start with your own before you go shopping all other people teams.
Speaker 3: Now, what I would say if I was the GM of you know, Fred Peters that I would be trying to add at least one guy to each room.
Speaker 1: I don't care if it's through the draft.
Speaker 3: I don't care if it's through free agency, be a trade, because you know his rumors at there.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I want to add at least one person to the room where he had in the pecanoida.
Speaker 1: In that room, we'll be decided.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't necessarily have when it comes to just one, you know, when it comes to every you know position, you know position, But I do believe in the trenches is key.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I want to see some offensive linemen come in here, defensive lineman coming because you know, you hear so much about getting that other, you know, and when you have we just talked about, we have a quarterback.
Speaker 2: When you have a quarterback, the average.
Speaker 1: Guy is a great he's a good place. Talk about that. Your average receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your average receiver now plays in a level of that consistent number two guy.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, Like your quarterback of force.
Speaker 2: We had at least four number two receivers this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Because Jayden Daniels made those guys that leathro and so when you have a quarterback, you need to protect him more than anything. And then defensively you need to get out of their quarterback. So and you know what our main problem was defensively is stopping the run. So we able to stop the run better than we did last year. Man, you know, I hate to see what our opponents this year because we get better there, and we get better stopping the run, protecting our guy and making sure that we can run every game.
Speaker 3: Yep, man, this guy's a limits fall team. Well, you're right in our start with the guy that smell like Baker. When we won a championship here, we had the Hogs on the offense. We had dixter Manley Child's man on the defense. So it starts there. So let me go talk about the elephant in the room. Were talking about trades and drafts and stuff like that. We said we were gonna be up through the trail. But if the Browns come a ringing the phone and say, what are you willing to give up for a guy like Males Garrett, do you pull a trigger at the side, I'm just gonna get It.
Speaker 1: Depends on the price man. I'm a big price guy, but I think I think we're talking about the same thing, ultimately, want to get better. I think one of the things I want to just double c on what Fred said is you want to make sure going into the draft you have the skeleton, the spine of your team in place. You have enough guys to play a season. And then what Tanna is talking about is making sure that we get better from a talent standpoint, right, Yeah, where's the young athletic up and comer that's going to make this roster significantly better? And I think Tanner brings up a great point. You both were up a great point, and that the offensive line is critical. And I don't think you need to look any farther than the Kansas City Chiefs is a model. Yeah. Patrick Mahomes is, you know, special player, Hall of Fame player, that's quarterback and football. He struggles the most when his offensive line struggles, the month every quarterback does. They've never really had a true one since Tyreek left, Like they make it work with Travis Kelce. But I think that's something that I would look at there is how do we make sure that that offensive line, that protection plan is short up and this is this is going to sound like weird coming from an offensive guy, Tanna, I don't really care if they can stop the run because if we're scoring a lot of points, all those guys gotta do is rushing passes. You're right, right, absolutely, yeah, let's get after it. Man. Let's yeh.
Speaker 3: But but you need the dos, I think, because you got to always go with the team first of all, any of your division.
Speaker 2: It just happened to beat the Super Bowl champions.
Speaker 1: How are they built?
Speaker 2: We're built to come back them.
Speaker 1: And trench warfare is where they win it. Trench warfare. Yeah, all right, So that's gonna do it for risking for the Biscuit. Presented by Marsa McLennan. Thanks Martis McLennon. As always, now it's getting the hell yeah or hell now. And I'm really curious to see what I know. Friend's gonna say something crazy what Tanna says about this? So has DC arrived as a Super Bowl contender in twenty twenty five? Fans? What do you think we like? Tell them the truth the friends of the man of the people.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, speaking with your chance, That's what I'm saying, Like people called into the show out the time. They was ashamed to be a woman. Don't be ashamed to be no women. We got four quarters away from New Orleans. Four quarters away from New Orleans, all we needed four more extra quarters with a quarterback that's a year mature. Then we come add these guys were talking about I don't even know where the super Bowl live next year, but we're going.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm at a political rally when we talk vote for me, vote for friend.
Speaker 2: I love it too, but I'm one of the guys.
Speaker 1: He don't do that. Okay, So that I knew, I knew you say this. Let me just say this.
Speaker 2: Contenders, contenders, Contenders is key.
Speaker 1: So do you think with Jadon Daniels we're contender? I think we are.
Speaker 4: I think I think we continuous because we have that position sealed. We have we have that, we have the quarterback in house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But I also believe that in order for you to really be a contender, you have to establish what I talked about earlier with the trenches.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we can still the fight those guys in the trenches. I'm with you.
Speaker 4: We going to the super Bowl. Yeah, And I think that's that's more vital than anything else. I don't care about knowing the guy you get in here, defensive line, offensive.
Speaker 1: Line, play sweat shirt. Read it for the parade. I read it for the parade. I can't I can't say anything after it just ends the conversation because now it sounds like I'm gonna be a hitter. No, So what I'm gonna say is that this is I totally agree. Right, anytime you got a quarterback, questionally, you got a chance. And I think it's a chance. Now are how close do you get year on year? I think it's depending on the thing we just talked about with the roster. Yeah, is the roster ready to take you there?
Speaker 3: But but could we agree that this is probably gonna be the I'm not saying it was a bad roster, but the worst roster that he would probably play with.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's the crazy thing about this team. That's what I'm twenty six free agencies. Yeah, so you got to re sign some of those guys, bring new people, so it is kind of a total turnover, right. Yeah, we just talked about how there's no draft capital hanging out there. So that's the thing for me that I look at and I say, am I am I Hell yeah, hell on this, I'm one hundred percent hell yea yeah. But it's not going to be the cleanest thing of all times. That's fine. I don't need it to be clean.
Speaker 2: Just be a doll.
Speaker 1: I don't need you to be clean. Go fight, so hell yeah for everybody, hell yeah, hell yeah from the fans. Yeah, it's like the right move all right. So I think that's going to do it for the show today, which is kind of a bummer because we've had such a great time here at Davios. It's been awesome resrestling. Get the Risotto. Anybody had the Risuta yet? Me? Still? Crickets man, don't worry about it. Don't worry wait. In addition to this show, which is the Command Center Podcast, please shure you check that out. You can check us out the Command Center Show on YouTube. You get Loud with you and thanks right, take it to the Draft podcast that I do with Jason that's on Spotify, Apple Podcast. Thank you to Big one hundred, Thank you to Davios. Thank you to Dan Quinn. Thank you to Jaydon Daniels, Thank you Adadam Peters, thank you to Josh Harris. Thank you to everybody, and thank you to the fan base. Thank you to the fan base. There you go. That's a big one hand