Speaker 1: Hey, we got a very very special guest joining us. Six times w w E Champ, a, two times w w w E Universal Champ, two time w w E Champ, two time Heavyweight Champ. Here you, ladies and gentlemen, the Revolutionary, the Architect seth rollins.
Speaker 2: Ay, what's going on? Rob?
Speaker 3: Doing good? How are you doing?
Speaker 4: That's what's good?
Speaker 2: I got I got the gold on my shoulder. Man, I'm feeling great. How you guys doing, Man.
Speaker 3: We're doing amazing. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you boys for having me. Man, good to see you again. Out just sinko.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, I love you.
Speaker 5: Listen before we start, before we get serious, before we talk about raftling, I have one question. What are the chances? What are the chances you and I we do a match? Because I always listen. I've been a wrestling fan since I was a little kid, and I just I just would love to share the ring with you, and and and just whatever happens happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, Man, you put your mind to it, you get down, you get training, you get going. I'm always available, my friend. We are working fifty two weeks a year. We are on twenty four to seven. Anytime you need a title shot. You let the people wwe know I got you back, man, Let's do it.
Speaker 4: I love the things. We don't we don't have to do it in front of the world. We don't have to do it in front of the world.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's the fun. That's the fun. Man. Come on, don't be shy now and.
Speaker 5: Let me let me put on twenty more pounds first deal.
Speaker 3: Deal. I mean obviously universal you guys.
Speaker 1: I've talked to a lot of wrestler and they say the travel and all the things that you guys go through. When did you know, like, you know what, I really got the hang of this thing. I'm gonna do this?
Speaker 2: Oh man, Well, I mean it was my dream since I was a little kid, so really yeah, yeah, I loved professional wrestling. I fell in love with it at a super young age, about fourteen or so. My friends and I started doing it in our backyard right and to me, that was when I got the knack for performing. That's when I we would invite our friends from school, they'd come watch us on the trampolines, the whole nine, and I got the knack for performing there. I really got like an itch for it. And I thought, well, you know what, why not why not give it a shot? You know what I mean? Why not let it go?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: So had you went through the training facility down in Orlando.
Speaker 2: So I trained. I've been wrestling for a long time before I started training in Orlando. I signed with WW in two thousand and gosh would have been would have been two thousand eleven, ten, twenty.
Speaker 3: Ten, two thousand and nine, maybe.
Speaker 2: Twenty ten, I believe. I signed with WWE, and from there I went down to actually was in Tampa at the time. It was in a little warehouse. It wasn't this beautiful training facility that we have out of Orlando now. But yeah, man, I suffered in a warehouse in Tampa for a couple of years, sweated out, grinded my way up the ranks and NXT and made my debut in WW in twenty twelve and the rest is history.
Speaker 5: That's dope, Hey, Seth, How long did it take you to get comfortable in front of the fans, you know, being able to engage obviously wrastling, being able to perform, but also had that sadness to make sure the fans are always engaged.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's such a work in progress man. You know, I said I got the knack for it when I was really young, and then you just you learn and you get a little bit better each time you go out there, you know, and then everything starts to slow down, you know. You know how it is when you're playing football, right, the more reps you get and the more time you get against these defenses, everything just slows down. It feels like you're moving at warp speed and they're moving in slow motion, you know. And that's sort of what it felt like for me. Gosh, I suppose I really hit like a low state, probably like a decade in maybe I would say, like ten years into doing doing this thing, and then uh and and every year since then, it's just kind of gotten better and better and better.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had we had your boss on Triple H and he was telling us say, yeah, wrestling is one aspect of it, but you gotta be really good with this thing in your hand, because you got to get the PA. You got it, you gotta you got you gotta win the fans over.
Speaker 3: You got to.
Speaker 1: You got to make the fans have a vest it's interest in you.
Speaker 3: Good bad.
Speaker 1: You could be the heel it doesn't matter, but the fans need to know my self is our guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, it's it's it's storytelling at its core. That's what we do. You know, it's storytelling. It's it's heroes and villains and uh and it's a lot of fun. And honestly, that microphone you got in front of you, man, that was the hardest part for me. That was the part that it took. Yeah, it took me the longest time to figure out how to feel comfortable holding the microphone standing out there. I mean, it is not an easy thing to stand in front of ten fifteen twenty thousand people, live in front of millions on television by yourself with a microphone and keep people captivated and interested. That is a hard task. And I would say there are less than twenty guys in our industry that can do that well, you know right now, right now, you know all time. That number spans a little bit, but it is a small percentage, and in my opinion, it is what separates the good ones from the great ones.
Speaker 5: And speaking and speaking of being in front of fifteen twenty thousand having the mic when it comes to whatever you're going to say, has there ever been a time where you had to just go from the top of the head because you forgot exactly where your lives might have been at that time.
Speaker 2: So the thing, so the thing about for wrestling is that it's not fully scripted. It's it's it's this amazing interplay that you get with a live audience and so and so there is a there bullet points, and there's ideas, and there are major plots that you want to kind of weave through your your story, but you don't know what the live crowd is going to give you. A prime example of that this past Monday on Netflix. I'm in the ring. It's my wife and myself were setting up for this big match at Russell Palooza coming up this Saturday in Indie, which I'm sure we'll get to talk about. But I'm in the ring seeing Punk his wife A J. Lee on the other side of the ring. But the crowd in Springfield, Massachusetts was going nuts. They were they were chanting all sorts of wacky anything you could think of. They were chanting constipated at one point, constantiated. And then that's a real thing, and you have to react to stuff like that in real time. So you've got to be able to flow. You know, you can't just stick to what you've got if it's not working or if they want to take you in a different direction. That's that's the magic of it, man, that's the fun of it.
Speaker 3: And so you just go a little ready.
Speaker 1: You're right because he's full of you know what, absolutely.
Speaker 2: See you get it, You get it, you understand, you got it, man, you got to knock for it absolutely.
Speaker 1: So let me let me, uh, what the what? What exactly is Wressell Palosa.
Speaker 2: So Wressell Palooza is going to be our first essentially pay per view or what we call premium live events in our partnership with ES.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, hang on it.
Speaker 2: We're launching one right now, September twentieth, Saturday, this coming Saturday from Indianapolis, Indiana, and uh it's going to be our first major live event, premium live event on the ESPN app and so we're pretty stoked on it. It's going to be huge. We got you know, I mentioned the tag team match with myself and my wife against seam Punk and his wife. You've got brock lesnar versus John Cena. You've got Cody Rowdens versus Drew McIntyre. You've got a hell of a car going into this first one, so it's going to be a banger man.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: So SummerSlam Wressel Paloosa are so the only thing difference between wrestled Paluza is that this is a pay per view. Other than that, Summer Slam, WrestleMania, all those are really the same thing. But Wressel Paluza, this is the first pay per view thing that's gonna be on your new partner with ESPN.
Speaker 2: Exactly. It's just like WrestleMania. It's just like SummerSlam. We just did Clash in Paris not long ago. It's just like that. We've been partners with Peacock for the past five years. They've been incredible partners in our pay per view streaming service. But we're moving to ESPN and this is the inaugural pay per view premium live event for WWE crossover with ESPN.
Speaker 1: How much longer, seth how much longer do you want to do this? You're going to go into because you know, look, there ain't no there's no old Timers League in wrestling. This is done, It's done, and then you go off with the wife and I don't know if you have kid and then you you what you do, So how much longer? Because even though look we know it's entertainment, it's scripted, you still take those falls. You still fall a story. You still get flipped out of the ring and land on pavement, you landing on chairs. So that's a toll on your body. We had Sean Michaels, had Seawann Michaels, we had to undertake on and I've done Rick Flair and I've talked to John Cena, and it is a toll on your body.
Speaker 3: Those flips.
Speaker 1: After ten, fifteen, twenty years, they start to accumulate st Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, I've been added for twenty two years now. I started in two thousand and three and so I've been added for twenty two years. I've wrestled over two thousand matches, and You're right, it takes its toll. Fortunately, I think our generation, you know, we have a lot more information available to us as far as prehab and rehab and recovery and what it takes to keep ourselves in shape athletically, and so we have an advantage in that regard, I think a little bit. So you know, I'm almost forty years old right now. Like I said, I've been doing it for twenty two years. I don't know, man, You know, I think the nice thing about our industry is it's it's an entertainment, right, So you can do this for a little bit longer than your body might allow you to. You know, there are ways around and that the older you get, the smarter you get, and the more equity you have with our audience, and so you get a little you get a little extra time, I think. So who knows, you know, I don't know if I want to do it into my fifties. I got a couple of years left on my contract with WWE. But yeah, my daughter is four and a half, she's almost five, and you know I would I wouldn't mind spending some extra time with her in a few years. So we'll see what happens. But I don't know, man. I love this business. I've given my entire life to it. It's given me a great life. I met my wife through this business. I have my daughter because I met my wife through this business. You know, I'm able to provide at my wrestling school down in Iowa jobs for other people. I built a little mini empire out of this industry. So I imagine in some capacity I will stay involved one way or another for as long as I can.
Speaker 1: As you mentioned, you guys know more, and it seems like every generation, no matter what particular sport, guys get to have a little bit more knowledge. They're able to play a little bit longer. The nutrition, the training, the things of that nature, the physios to put the body back together. Talking to Rick, Rick said, there's sometimes he would be wrestling three four matches in a day. Yeah, and you know he was on the road three hundred, three hundred and ten days a year, and you know that's over. And it wasn't like it is now. So he came up in the old era. And so, like you said, you know more now you're smarter about it. You built up a little bit more equity. You're universally known. Where it was regional back then, you had Georgia Championship Wrestling, the mid Atlantic, you had the Southwest, you had the you know, the Midwest, you had the NWA, the AWA, you know the AWA. You had all these. It was so regional it was hard to branch out. But now what your former balls, Evince McMahon was able to do. He was able to put everything up on the one umbrella and make it universal. And so now you are you guys are rock star You like you said in Paris, you can go anywhere, you go, anywhere in the country and they know whose rollins is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, WWE is a global Bland brand. You hit the nail on the head. We just announced not not even a week ago, we're doing WrestleMania roadcast yep, exactly. We're going to riod in twenty twenty seven, so that'll be our first. Uh. Yeah, it's amazing. We've had a partnership with the Athletic Commission there in Saudi for the last six years and this is a continuation of that. But we've been holding these pay per views and premium live events internationally now really heavy for the last few years and it's really incredible to see the response. Like I said, we were just in Paris, We've done Scotland and England. I think we're going back to Italy next year to do a premium live event. We're heading down to Perth, Australia to do another big event here in October. I mean, WWE is absolutely a global brand. Anywhere we go on the planet. We are some of the most record nieble athletes because we're on TV as.
Speaker 3: Well with this.
Speaker 2: You know right here we ain't got the helmet, you know what I mean? No face, man, it's right here all the time. You know, this is where you make your money. So yeah, we are. We're a special breed man and we do it. Like I said, three sixty five year round. Rick ain't lyon when he says you're on the road three in a day's a year you are. You are traveling man. My sky miles are through the roof, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hey you get when you and you and the missus gold vacation. Hey you like, Hey, everything paid for the hotel to take care the flights taking care of We got no points.
Speaker 3: We go eat anywhere we want to. Baby, Let you hear it.
Speaker 6: Now, you know it, you know it.
Speaker 3: So so say let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: When it comes time and the script is written and that thing that's across your shoulder is going to have to change hands, how difficult is for you to like, can I keep it another week?
Speaker 3: Can I keep it another month?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: I love being a champ, right, That's the goal of the business. It's one of those things where you know, it's not like a super Bowl trophy where you know it's a competitive athletic output that gets you to that point. It's one of those things where but when you have this, you are the top guy. You are given the ball. This is your chance to run. It is your industry. And so when you have that title, you take pride in it. And when you get into the business, this is what you want. This is what you work for. This is what you put in the long hours for, the late night workouts, the long drive, all the injuries, everything, this is what you work for. So it's a little bittersweet because on the opposite end of that, there's no better feeling than giving your dance partner an incredible moment. So as many world championships as I've been on this end of I've given five of them away. Right, this is my six months, so I've given five of them away, and every single time it's been an incredible experience for me to give somebody else who's also put in that work, that moment to see how they can carry the ball. So it's in some ways it's the ultimate team sports.
Speaker 1: Is there a certain number of years that you have to wrestle before you get an opportunity to fight for that.
Speaker 2: No, man, not at all. It's it's one of those things where you know, if you if you're getting over, as they say in our business, if the people love you, if you're entertaining, and the company feels like you can carry the flag, they'll give it to you. You know, they'll give you the ball. And there's a lot, a lot that goes into making that decision. But at the end, at the end of the day, man, it's it's you know, longevity and tenure and reliability is part of it. But hey, if you're hot and you're on fire and it feels like you can make a lot of money, it's a business. You're going to get that ball.
Speaker 3: You got to run with it.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what I'm thinking about.
Speaker 5: As busy as your guys schedule is, as much as you guys are on the road, obviously having a wife and kid, how do you find time to do other things that you might be passionate about outside of wrastling or do you even have time to do that? What are some of the things that you enjoy outside of rast and with the limited time that you do have to enjoy those things.
Speaker 2: Well, boys, A couple of things that I love. One of them is football. I love football. Well, it's my second passion, man. So this is a great segue for Mojo Sinco right there for me to tell you that, you know, I've joined the team at the NFL network Good Morning Football for the season, and it's something that I just always wanted to do, to sit down and talk about football, and so I am I've been just feel I feel like I'm one of the people that if you want to make time for something in life, you will make time for it, you know. And I'm not like a sleep when you're dead, dude, but like you know what I mean. Like, it's one of those things if you want to do something you will make time for you'll figure out how to make it work. So I got passions in football. So I'm excited to join that squad with Kyle Brandt and those guys for the season. Talk about how awful my bears are all year long. And and then on the other side of that, I really love coffee. So I've invested a lot of my time and money in a couple of coffee shops that I have in Iowa. We've recently, my wife and I have invested in a coffee shop in Los Angeles called day Glow. They got a few locations Chicago, La, New York, and uh so coffee, football, wrestling. That's kind of my jam, man, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like, well, that's that's enough to keep you busy because you're on the road two hundred plus days a year. Now, you've got the morning show on NFL Network. That's you know, until the football See, I'm assuming you're gonna be on there until football season's.
Speaker 2: Over, Yes, sir, Yeah, I'm there to the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And you got your businesses outside, and you got almost a five year old, so you you you got a lot on your plate self.
Speaker 2: Yeah we're doing it man. But hey, it's cliche, but you only live once, man, you know, get out there and make the best of it. So uh, I feel like I'm a fortunate man to be able to get the opportunity to do all these things, to be a dad, to be a husband, to have a loving family, uh and to be able to pursue all these adventures and just you know, see see what the chips fall. You know, I'm very lucky to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Seth, they say you only live once and if you do it right, that's plenty.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, that's true. Ain't that the true?
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming on with us. Congratulations on all your success. Stay healthy, hey, and uh come back and join us sometime.
Speaker 2: Dude. I'd love to thank you boys for having me on. It's always great chatting with you. I appreciate it. Russell pluza this Saturday, get after it on ESPN.
Speaker 3: Sir, Thank you, appreciate it, Thank yourself. Enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: See you boys.
Speaker 1: Man, that was dope.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, we didn't have somebody. Uh so I'm trying to think who we haven't had on yet. I mean, I guess we got to get Roman Reigns. We got to get Cody Rose.
Speaker 3: You gotta do.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, what you think about me and me and Seth wrestling?
Speaker 1: Now you don't know about wrestling?
Speaker 4: You as athletic as I am. I think that would be awesome, you think so?
Speaker 3: Huh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Pick him up? Power Driving.
Speaker 1: The Eagles got away with a false start and the Touisch push Sunday against the Chiefs and the league officers trying to make sure that doesn't happen again. The league training video for officials, which also got shared with coaches and general managers, included video showing the Eagles false starting and the instruction that the officials ensure the offense isn't getting away with penalties on the tootsch push. The training video may clear that the Eagles tootsche push should have never been blown dead before the snap, should have been blown dead before the snap, and the Eagles should have been backed up five yards.
Speaker 3: You can see the right guard moves early.
Speaker 1: You've got a defender that's trying to punch the ball out, but more so, we have a false start coming from the right guard. We want to make sure we officiate the blee these type and make sure that every aspect of the offensive team is legal in any movement, and that's that's not correct. We want to shut it down as a false start. All start would be proper call here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the funny thing about it is not only does the right guard do it, the left guard does it too. The timing of when they do it, I'm not sure if anybody hits uh. Jalen must say something. And when he said that, they just take off before the ball is snap. Left guard and the right guard do it every single time, and the ref misses it. So now that it's been caused of the attention, now they have to they have to pause a second, wait for the snap, and then go.
Speaker 1: Well, because it's the same thing when those guards those tackles on with leaving the count, with jumping the count on offense, The NFL, sending the training tape says, no, this is a fall start the jumping the count.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something, Even with the referees paying attention to.
Speaker 5: This and the two guards and left and the right guard and having to wait a millisecond until the ball is slap snapped, they still ain't gonna stop the touch push.
Speaker 4: I'm just being hones. They still not gonna stop him.
Speaker 5: You know, even with the complaint and sending video, with having gms and referees look at it, they still not gonna stop it. You know, you can't unless you have all a defensive line that is equivalent to that of the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh cho.
Speaker 1: The Eagles are two and over. Their offense has been less than impressive. They ranked twenty ninth in total offense, thirty first in passing, and Jalen Hurts five points six two yards per attempt is twenty fourth. Hurt said, I take a lot of accountability for a lot of it and just how we go out there, because that's my job. My job is to go out there and be the general orchestrate everything and ultimately make plays. Hurts called expectation for defending the Super Bowl Championship fair. The Eagles has only two pass plays of more than fifteen yards. Johann Donson called a fifty one yard pass and won against Dallas, Devonte Smith a twenty eight yard against the Chiefs week two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's expectations, I mean.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, Jaalen's gonna continue to play like this unless you can ford him to throw the football and keep them out of second and short, third and short and fourth and short.
Speaker 3: Because right now they're players still playing on their terms.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Then we talked about that earlier. We talked about earlier too. In order for them to have to not play on their terms, they have to be behind. They gotta be behind.
Speaker 5: You know, we're going to run the ball first. Yeah, and what you do defensively, we're gonna take it what you give us. You're not throws because we don't have to correct, that's not that's not what they ask Jayleen Hurst to do.
Speaker 3: They're not He's not dropping he's not dropping.
Speaker 5: Back throwing the ball fifty times forty times a game. That's not what the two and that formula works for them. That's why they got to ring in the goddamn trophy. So if you look at the stats statistically, we just say they ring.
Speaker 1: Twenty ninth, They rank twenty ninth and total offense, and they are ranked thirty first in passing.
Speaker 4: It's only thirty one. It's only thirty two teams fail.
Speaker 3: Okay, there you go. Who there it is?
Speaker 4: Hey, But guess what they two and oh they're doing.
Speaker 5: Its working until they come across somebody that forces him to do what the Kansas City Chiefs forced him to do in the Super Bowl. Twenty six is not beating us. That's what Spacnola said. Twenty six is not beating us. We putting nine in the box.
Speaker 4: We're gonna see it. Jenen hur can throw. And what did Jenna Hurst do.
Speaker 3: Through where it at?
Speaker 1: You may play got outside, may play with his legs and he may play for ye.
Speaker 5: So that that that that lets you know he can do both win necessary not because we want to see it, not because the media or the analysts or the people that are saying, oh, jenden Hurst is not top five.
Speaker 4: He's winning football game. That's what we play. We play to win the game. Like Herm Edward.
Speaker 1: Says, you're absolutely right. Oh yo, you're absolutely right, and like you said, right now. But I think they realize because see, the biggest mistake that you can make is to think you can win this year just how you won last year. Everybody's evolved. Everybody looks at you and they break you down. And when you win the championship, O yo, everybody really breaks you down. And so you have to you have to evolve. You have to get better and and and and there's certain little spine areas that you can improve in. And I'm not saying that you have to get you know, all of a sudden, whatever do ranked last year, you got to be the number the number five passing team.
Speaker 3: No, that's not what they got to be.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, but they know they know being twenty ninth in offense and thirty first in the pass and the ain't gonna get it done.
Speaker 4: I got I got I got one, I got one for you.
Speaker 5: You got me I take I can tell you some teams that the Eagles are gonna play, We're.
Speaker 4: Gonna have to put that ball in the air. Yeah, when you play the Packers.
Speaker 3: You have to put air.
Speaker 1: Well, you might want to run it on the Packers, but you don't want to subject yourself to that that rush because they came in.
Speaker 5: Hold on, when you play the Lions that didn't put up fifty two, who you're gonna have to put that ball in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like there's some teams that can score in high volume.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to match him.
Speaker 4: You will have to match him. You ain't gonna have no choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it ain't it's not Ohoe, And you can't expect because even when we had the two thousand Ravens. You know, there was a game that we got into a shootout with the Jags, right there was a game late in the season that we end up having to score thirty plus points against the Jets. And for the most part, we could be pedestrian. We get average twenty twenty points, seventeen points and win a game. But there was a couple of games that we needed to score thirty nine, that we needed to score in you know, mid thirties, and so that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your defense is really good.
Speaker 1: Now it's gonna you know, Carter needs to get in some shape because he's out of shape, cause boy he was he was uffing and pluffing the other day. So he's gonna have to get better condition. But there are some there are gonna be some times though, shoe you're gonna have to put up thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's just the way. That's just the way the league is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most definitely, most definitely, And sometimes it come from opponent. Sometimes you expect it that you least expect. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: It always happens like that.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: You end up getting to like, oh, and it's a team that you're like, man, we got these boys, and next thing you know, they done jumped out on your fourteen nothing or fourteen three. And then now you catch up, but they done got into a rhythm and you're going back and forth and you probably need to make a play late in the ball game to win win. But yeah, I just think the thing is the Eagles understand. They know you're not gonna win. Nobody wins the Super Bowl the same way. They wanted the previous year.
Speaker 4: You have to.
Speaker 3: That's why it's so hard to repeat.
Speaker 1: That's why because you know a lot of times, you know, man, when we have success doing this, it's kind of like you know, investing O Yoe. Well you buy the same stock, but you got to diversify your portfolio. Yes, And in order for the Eagles to get back to where they want to be, which is the top of the mountain, they're gonna have to diversify it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have to get better at throwing the football.
Speaker 1: It just feels what it is, thirty first, they gonna get it done, thirty first, not gonna get it done. And it's that thirty first in past. I'm trying to think, who the hell, who the hell worse than that?
Speaker 3: Carolina.
Speaker 4: I hope it's not. The pants is not the way I've been talking about them before the season started.
Speaker 1: You've been talking about the Bears too, and all both of them, pond water, all both of them.
Speaker 3: So they they they they got to do better than the so Joe.
Speaker 1: But I think, you know, look, I think coach Arianna is sitting there telling them and the old say is like, look, our times will come. Let's just make sure we protect the football. We don't put the ball in harms way. Long we're gonna put the ball in harms way. That's the problem. They're doing a great job of protecting the ball and they're taking away. Now you have this type of twenty nine offense in thirty first in past, and you turn it over, you can get your eyes beat out. Oh yeah, because you're gonna put you're gonna put your defense on a short field or you're gonna have them and you're gonna have them out there and you're gonna wear them down. So right now, you know they can possess the ball. Oh yo, they're gonna pick up two or three first down, Sa Kuan, gonna have pop one for ten, twelve, they'll get a you know, be get the toots, push for another one. They'll hear a j or Davante, and so they'll they'll possess the ball. But when you turn it over and you put up these kind of numbers, that's that's the quickest way to get your beat. So I'm sure that this is something that look they know and A. J. Brown said, yeah, I sure hope we get the thing fixed sooner rather than later. Yeah, y'all me out. They're just getting cardio in.
Speaker 4: Hey, I know how you feel. I know how you feel. He got that c on his chest. He really can't say what you want to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I know how you feel.
Speaker 4: Like hold tight, Like like I told Tyreek, hold tight, it's gonna get it's gonna get better.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 1: Hey, aj, he said, hold on to God's unchanging hand. It's tough, it is. It really is, because you're out there working your tail off and oh yeah, we're gonna get it to you this week.
Speaker 3: And then you know, they tell you all the stuff that you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, oh, you look at that game played like, okay, I like this, and then you get that first fifteen. In first fifteen, I'm like, well, let's see one, two, three, for sure two of the problems. I look at it like I got a spade head. I got three of the air fifteen. I got three of the possible. Man, I should have known, I should have got my damn hopes up. It's some bug dad, Yeah, for sure. Absolutely. I think all of us will remember those days. If you played receivers and you've been the number one guy. Yeah, there's been some. There have been some days that you're like, man, hey, this is some bud jive out here today.
Speaker 4: What we go into games, We'll be playing the Steelers and they put that guy, damn Ike Taylor. They'll they'll put Ike Tailer in press and then.
Speaker 5: Shade Ryan Clark all the way over cash then Troy Polam Troy Pola crazy ass be playing around in the A gap, bouncing from the A to the B and and then at the snap of the ball here shoot, oh man, I told you frustrated.
Speaker 4: Nick La Bowl was running all type of exotic stuff. I'm like, man, what hell is y'all doing?
Speaker 3: Man, oh Joe, They'll be out there talking about eighty four. What it's looked like? Look like.
Speaker 1: I ain't caught no damn past yet. That would have looked like to me. I don't know what what it looked like to you. I don't know from where I'm standing out be hey, but what it looked like, y'all know.
Speaker 3: What it look like?
Speaker 4: Y'all See, there was some days boy, I used to have to hold it together.
Speaker 1: Boy, Oh yeah, for sure, for sure has ended up seving though mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Me wrong to me?
Speaker 1: You called, oh Joe many, I was a great bechriller because I do it all that cousin.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, boy, listen. The one thing I hate, that's one thing I hate is to put in all that work during the week.
Speaker 1: Ah man, oh yo, they don't sold. They don sold me a dream. Got be all gassed up?
Speaker 6: O yo.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, yeah, I'm hey. I said, yeah, I got the boy this week. Ochoe, Yeah, I put that work here this week. Man, please call it bad do yo? Man, it ain't called a gd thing. Hey, that was over he you know a folk that's all that's old up. We gotta get you the rock. Hey, hey boy, it ain't gonna be took more time.
Speaker 3: You go be on you though.
Speaker 4: Oh I remember them days, boy, Jesus christ oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Patrick Mahon spoke about being winless two weeks into the season. Obviously, being on two, there's no more urgency than even last week. And I feel like we were very urgent last week. Definitely new territory as far as being on too, but knowing that we got guys for it. We have the mindset of going out there and getting and being even better. In my looks like an opportunity. What's an opportunity to prove who we are. Who we are the Kansas City Chiefs coming back from O two and trying to build up on a big football game on Sunday Night Football and try to get our season going in the right direction from there. Oh yoall on the road Sunday Night Football playing the New York Football Giants. They are they going to be oher and three or or will they be one and two?
Speaker 4: Hey, I don't know, because the Giants look good. They look good. Cowboys last week they looked very good.
Speaker 5: Obviously not winning after going in the overtime because there's some unfortunate circumstances before the game ended.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to deal with that Dudale Carnam, You got to deal with Keevon Theodor. You got to deal with that monster in the middle, Big Larns to Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: The receiver's gonna have to show up. The running game is gonna have to take some of the pressure off of Patrick Mahomes so he doesn't have to play Superman.
Speaker 4: And even Walko.
Speaker 5: You got to get going. You gotta get going. So Patrick Mahomes doesn't press. When he presses, he's making mistakes. There's no reason Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's a dual threat, but he shouldn't be leading the team in yards.
Speaker 3: That's a rushing yard.
Speaker 4: That shouldn't be happening. The receivers, the supporting cast. Y'all got to step up. Y'all got to step up. Travis Kelce Hall.
Speaker 5: Of Famer, Juju, come on, man, now the time, next man up? All that for she writes, ain't here, We don't matter.
Speaker 4: Next man up? Hollywood, Come on, why you're from the crib baby? You know what to do. Your name Hollywood for a reason. Every time you step on the field, what it's supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be a Oh I thought they took down. I forgot that was the lax line they took down. They left the Hollywood signed up.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Hollywood, I know you're gonna see this, but it's gonna be a show. Every time you step on that grasp by. You got to represent that name, get that show.
Speaker 1: You gotta put something on tape mane Yeah, because you signed a one year deal. Bro, this ain't about Kansas City. This is about somebody else list saying, man, we got to have him. Oh yeah, yeah, that's what it's about. On YOE.
Speaker 4: Every week it is your resume.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, yes, yes, are you feeling out your application every week?
Speaker 3: Yep? Updated, Gotta update that resume. Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershall anounce today his legendary career is coming to a close. He's retiring after the season, with his final regular season start coming Friday. Coming on Friday against the San Francisco Giants. He's had quite a career and will surely be at the first Battlet Hall of Famer. He won an MVP three side youngs. He's eleven time All Star, a Gold Glove, two World Series title, and he won the Triple Crown. Had most wins in the season, most strikeouts of the season, and the best er a in the National League. Clayton Curryshaw. It's calling of the career and what a career is being.
Speaker 4: Hey, he nice, he nice? I like Kirshaw.
Speaker 1: You know, listen, I think you went to the same school as Matthew Stafford. They went to high school together. Real, yeah, listen.
Speaker 5: Clayton Kershaw is one of the best pictures of all time. I was in the bullpitying with him one time, help helping him with his form, helping him with his technique.
Speaker 4: Obviously, best pictures of curveball. I taught him.
Speaker 5: My curveball is it's just my pinky and my thumb. That's my pinky and my thumb. He didn't really like that because his hands were a little bigger than mine. But he has the best curve.
Speaker 4: Ball in the game. They called it, Uncle Charlie. I don't know if you knew that.
Speaker 6: Did you know that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, hey, unbelievable that ball been here boom by the time you get to the plate.
Speaker 3: M Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you know, me and Kershaw twelve to six, huh huh, twelve to six, hunh Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, he can go from twelve to six to twelve to four, twelve to seven. He can make he can make it go wherever you want to. He got another pitch. He got another pitch called the UF four mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gonna go like this.
Speaker 3: That's what you do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, nights Nash, that's my dog. Yeah, you're gonna be me and kergo way back by Okay.
Speaker 1: Clayton Kershard is calling of the career and what a careers been. The Fever win their very first playoff series in ten years to reach the w NBA Semis of Little Boston made the go ahead layup with seven point four seconds, Lexi Hall stole the ensuing inbound pass, and the Indiana Fever beat the number three seed Atlanta Dream eighty seven to eighty five tonight to advance to the w NBA Semifinals.
Speaker 3: Despite missing Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 1: Indiana closed on a seven oer run to win a playoff seion for the first time since twenty fifteen. The six seeded Fever will play on Sunday against the number two seed Las Vegas Aces. Asia Wilson, co Defensive Player of the Year, won her third Defensive Player of the Year and it's gonna be her. Thefeatire call your Feet, who we had on the show, is gonna be m v P. And if Asia wins, she'll be a four time league m v P. Now, I think there have been a couple of three time Sherriff swoops. The three time m v P Lauren Jackson, the Australian is a three time m v P. I think Lisa Leslie. I think, but Asia, she has a chance. She has a chance to be the greatest woman's player ever when the sault said and done, she I think she's only twenty nine years of age. She has four m vps, she has three Defensive Players of the Year. She's been a w n B, a All NBA selection, I mean finals, MVP. Scott's living, She's gonna, she gonna be. She ain't going nowhere. She led the league in scoring again, She's second in rebounding, she's first in block shots, She's top. I think she stopped five and steals. She's the best player, hands down. She's the best player. Now, I'm not saying she might have not had the best seat. Well, I mean you basically on what she did last year was compelled. I mean, she averaged twenty six points a game. But she's the best player. She's the best player in the WNBA. There's nothing. There's nothing she can't do. She could score, she could rebound, she could defend, block, offensive rebound, defensive rebound, block shots.
Speaker 3: Still, she is amazing.
Speaker 1: She's the best player, and she should win MVP number four. I think in the fourth quarter I saw she had like twenty seven points. I don't know what she ended up with, but you know what, I might.
Speaker 3: I can't watch.
Speaker 1: I'm be on the road. I might catch a game. I might catch a game.
Speaker 3: I might catch a game.
Speaker 1: Hey, you boy, your boy might be outside again.
Speaker 5: Hold On, I asked you to go outside. You told no, but whoa whoa whoa, Hey, I asked you to go fishing. I asked you to go see rat Pack. I actually go see the Frank Sinatra Show. But you told me nobody everything. But you're gonna go to a game.
Speaker 1: I want to see Asia. I want to see Chelsea Ray do with that thing, Jackie Young.
Speaker 4: I'm get get two tickets, then I'm coming.
Speaker 1: To you know what I sould Let's say they have a one day a number single? Who uh the the uh the aces.
Speaker 4: Okay, don't worry about I'm gonna go to ticket masters. Wherever you sit the letnna get a ticket next to you.
Speaker 3: I show hope they play if they play Sunday Day. Hold on, what is it? Is it two out of three? Is it two out of three or is it three out of five? Ash?
Speaker 1: Because because I know the first ride was two out of three and the uh it goes home away home. So we gotta see how this thing, how this thing plays out. We got something for them.
Speaker 3: But congratulations to the Fever.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, five seven, that best that best of seventy is something new they just added that, didn't they for this year, because I think it last year was three out of.
Speaker 3: It was it was the three out of five?
Speaker 4: Well three out of five?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Liberty because if I I'm mistaken, the Liberty beat the Link.
Speaker 3: But that was a file. They shouldn't have called that foul.
Speaker 1: That was some bull jive made those retil that was a bull jive last year, Minnesota the Links they should have they should have won.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm not gonna be I'm not.
Speaker 4: Well whatever game that me be.
Speaker 1: The first two games, the first two games will be at home for the Aces, so they'll probably play, hopefully they play Sunday Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you want to go Sunday, you want to go Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I can fly back, go Sunday. I can't go Sunday.
Speaker 4: Okay, Tuesday, Oh.
Speaker 3: Cho, we gotta see where the games are.
Speaker 4: Man, you just said Sunday and Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I said, I said, I think it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I know the game is Sunday. The very first game is Sunday. I don't know what the second game is.
Speaker 4: Okay, well let me know, let me know.
Speaker 5: I ain't nothing, but it ain't none of the little hoping the skip spirit goes straight there four our and thirty minute flight.
Speaker 4: One hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought so.
Speaker 1: Uh here it is, O Joe. Now it's time for our final saving of the evening.
Speaker 4: It's time for Q and A hold on, I gotta do fifty push ups.
Speaker 3: I hurt that, Uh, Patrick rend On.
Speaker 1: People didn't like how strict floor Reds was as a coach, and people don't like how lose Mike McDaniel is as a coach. I'm convinced the Dolphins organization will be dysfunctional for a long time. Well, that's normally what happens when you when people think you go too far to the right, they normally go too far to the left. And now they're gonna probably try to find somebody that smack dab in the middle.
Speaker 3: I just I just think that.
Speaker 1: Showing up late and laid the practice and all that stuff, you gotta nip that stuff in the bud. You gotta nip it in the bud. On Joe, Yeah, make mcd Mike McDaniel. Mike McDaniel didn't, and it became a problem. It's kind of like anything, Oh Joe, you know, Uh, you try to you try to get it under control before it becomes a problem. You get a cold, you try to get on top of it before it becomes the flu.
Speaker 3: Right, and.
Speaker 1: It got out of control and he couldn't control it. And once they tune you out. That's why I was surprised, uh that that he was, you know, considering how you know, because they started out fairly good and then they just dropped off a cliff.
Speaker 3: Remember the previous year old show.
Speaker 1: They went to the playoffs, they lost all those games and ended up losing the home field and they ended up having to go on the road to Kansas City the first game.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, hey, Brian flore is eating.
Speaker 1: He didn't want too or huh no, he wanted justin Herbert. You wanted justin Herbert seemed like the right call too. Can you imagine Herbert with with with Wadle and you with with wreaking excuse me wattle.
Speaker 4: Yeah no he didn't and and and.
Speaker 1: But you know, with ownership, because you know you've got a good quarterback, you tied to him, and you get you can have a job for a long time. And to read, he gonna have a job as long as you as long as you want to stay in Kansas City. Coach Belichick had a twenty plus in your career. In New England, Tony Gungey walked away. Gave Jim Carwell an opportunity. Jim Cardwell would have been there for a long time. Had Peyton I got hurt Peyton, Sean Payton and uh Drew Drew Brees. Coach Kyward had a big Ben turned him over to Mike Tomlin. Mike Tomlin, mm hmm. You you get one of those guys, you get tied to him for a long time. It's McDaniel. He's too soft for the players. Don't respect him. They need a coach that can motivate them to play hard.
Speaker 3: They need you. Oh Joe, hey, no.
Speaker 4: Oh, they do see you know what the play They respect me though.
Speaker 3: They're gonna respect you.
Speaker 4: They're gonna respect me.
Speaker 5: Even though I'm I'm easy to get along with. I mean, but when it's when it's time to play ball. Oh well, y'all, ain't finna embarrass me. You ain't finna play it with my name. Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 4: Now you know I'm fun making jokes. He he ha ha. Oh no boy, when that whistle blow, it's time to go. Oh it's it's time to go.
Speaker 3: Artificial hips.
Speaker 1: LLC imagine trick Daddy, as Dolphins head coach called thugs holiday, something like a hell Mary he.
Speaker 5: A trick tricker be cutting everybody ass out, man. I can see, I can imagine trick Daddy in the pressor.
Speaker 4: That would work. That'd be funny as hell.
Speaker 1: Quentin Made said, as soon as I turned in, I see O Yo. Tyler Hammerton said, Oh, Joe, your nephew played with my cousin at.
Speaker 4: Marshall at Marshall, Marshall, Marshall.
Speaker 1: Uh, the underscored daddy has underscored. Dad said, if the ball is caught behind the lines, behind the line, can they still call another a player downfield? I think you talked about the offensive linment for the Dolphins that was twenty yards down the field.
Speaker 4: You can't be that far down left guard man tripping man.
Speaker 1: Everybody got the call with him man, and then the play was going the opposite way. Yeah, blave just firing Herbert MVP season. He looked good. But uh, that guy that's up there in Buffalo ain't playing too bad either. James Johnson said, Oh, if you played at Georgia Bulldogs and Ojo played at the you whose team would win depending on you with your h win y'all know oo and I didn't overlap you know what you mean?
Speaker 4: We played at the same time.
Speaker 3: It don't matter.
Speaker 4: If I went to the U, we were the one. Hell Mount Oregon State team would have beat your team.
Speaker 3: First of all, you were in elementary school when I was in college.
Speaker 4: God damn old shit.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: A I'm yelled and for real, I guess that means. I'm I don't know what that means. Hey, Joe, love y'all, love you, Thanks for watching, Thanks for supporting. Timothy Daniel said, Chad, that's a good mentality to have. You may know, but beat me. However, if I know what you're going to do, I'm gonna make it harder for you to beat me.
Speaker 4: No, you not know, you not.
Speaker 5: The game of football is a team game, eleven players with individual jobs at each position. All you have to do is win your individual job speaking talking, Hey, this is what they gonna do.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter once you're on the field.
Speaker 4: But y'all, I wish may y'all to me is my mentality.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm tripping. I don't get it. All that micro managing. Who's in the booth, who's saying this? He knows this, They know the play. I don't give a you know what, man, you finna get this work? What period.
Speaker 3: Wolf had?
Speaker 6: Facts?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, can I hire you as a style coach?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, I do? I do be flying Now, that's one thing about it, you know, I do?
Speaker 6: You know? Looks?
Speaker 4: Look what you what? You I'm I'm an h and M target zarbra type dude. Every so often.
Speaker 5: You know, I like cut a rug a little bit. But if if, if you, if you can get fly for the low. It's not about what you buy, it's what you put it together so we could work with it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wish I could put fifty together and go get me something. I told you.
Speaker 4: I told you uncle, I told you can get your money. All you gotta do is go see the rat Pack show at Tuscany Stipulation.
Speaker 3: You know how I get my money back?
Speaker 4: Because I want you to have a good time. I want you to do yourself.
Speaker 3: You're not living.
Speaker 4: You're alive, but you're not living.
Speaker 3: Chat y'all heard this man.
Speaker 1: This man said, I'll pay you the money I owe you if listen listen.
Speaker 4: I want you to have a good time. I want you to live life. You not living life.
Speaker 3: Let me get out hunder and I can live again.
Speaker 5: You're gonna live soon as you go to that show, soon as you as soon as you come on, as soon as you come on.
Speaker 4: Nike having be like, oh, Joe, I went and seen in the show and then showed me evidence that you went.
Speaker 1: Oho, I went on the show, good show, o Jo, fly me to the moon. What was the least singing name, Frank Sinatra? Hey, Rodney Digger said, can you send my birth t the birthday? Shout out to my mom and my sister h their birthdays of this weekend? Absolutely date, Happy birthday, Andrea and your mom. Happy birthday, Glennville in the house. Appreciate that, Dank. Appreciate the support every time I buff at Atlanta. You come through, support me with shaved by Laportier, always hopping on the chat.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Homeboy.
Speaker 4: Hey, the iPhone seventeen come out tomorrow. You gonna get one?
Speaker 1: No hell now, okay, hell I just paid off to sixteen.
Speaker 4: Hell no, what you was on the payment plan?
Speaker 3: I sure was. I ain't got brand like that. As dolin.
Speaker 1: Oh your self, ronal Self's gonna put you put the cartoon size bump on your head.
Speaker 4: Hey, I can wrestle, man, Don't do that. Don't do that. You know I was the state champion sixty eight. Don't play in me like that.
Speaker 1: JJ said, uh oh, you ain't paying your money yet. I'll go jump on it for you. I ain't got nothing.
Speaker 5: But when you think about coming to jump on me, just know these things right here gonna be round your neck.
Speaker 4: What you hear me?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: I just want my money on you. That's all.
Speaker 1: Huh you.
Speaker 4: No I want I'm talking about. I'm about whoever that is.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh okay, I just want fifty nine hundred chat. That's all I want. I got I got.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you what. As long as I owe you, boy, you ain't never going broke.
Speaker 3: Why you hear me, You're gonna pay me my money?
Speaker 4: I got you, y' you hey, but you my hey you my axe bun show.
Speaker 3: I showed you you that love that little piece of money.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 1: I'm your Favorite On Shannon Sharp and my partner in Liberty City's own He's Bengals Ring of Fame Matterie he former pro bowler All Pro He's Chat. Oh your Sinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make you hit that light button and do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your support and you'll continue support. Thanks to you, Nightcap has become a success. Make sure you go check out my shade by Laportier. We do have it in stock, but if you can't find it in a city or state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. Please rate responsibil and stay safe. Please make sure you follow my media company page on all of its platform shape Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is also pinned in the chat. The Buffalo Bills run their record to three and oh thanks to a thirty one twenty one victory over the division rival Miami Dolphins, who fall to oh and three. Two big mistakes late in the ball game gave up a touchdown and to or throw a costly interception and the Buffalo Bills were able to run out the clock. They're three and oh with ten days off before their next game. Miami Dolphins are oh and three.
Speaker 3: Just soak and that got to believe.
Speaker 4: You gotta believe.
Speaker 1: I believe y'all not gonna be good this year. That's what I believe. That's what I believe. Thank you guys for joining us. Uh he's oh Joe. We will see you on Saturday. Thanks for joining us, guys,