Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Hey there, Dan Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio, LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. You can always hear us Monday through Friday, six am Eastern Time, three o'clock Pacific. We are the show before the Dan Patrick Show, Two Pros and a Cup of Joe.
Speaker 3: So it's good to be filling in for Dan and crew.
Speaker 2: Here and this hour is brought to you by tire rack dot com, the official tire expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com slash Dan, try the tire decision guyet and see the full line of Goodyear tires special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot com the way tire buying should be. I mean, listen, it's been a banner week for the NBA. They rolled out a bucket of puke, which was the All Star weekend.
Speaker 3: They've since played one.
Speaker 2: Game, that was the Lakers and the Whole Hornets, in which the Lakers lost and Luca played terrible. But don't worry, because we do have more NBA news. Bobby Portis has pissed hot. He has tested positive for traumadol. I've heard of trauma dol. Yeah, I have heard of it. For some strange reason that that worked rings a bell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he he got a suspended for It's like a type of steroid. Five games.
Speaker 4: He not total right, not not tortal trauma dool, traumadol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what is that which he thought he was taking toward all?
Speaker 5: That's why he imagine it sounds the same.
Speaker 3: Right, A trauma doll is very different from.
Speaker 2: Tort second, know that he talked to Bobby Portis Mark.
Speaker 6: Mark Bartelstein of Priority Sports to ESPN on his client, Uh says they're devastated that he unintentionally took the pain medication called traumadol thinking he was taking a pain medication called tortle given to him by his assistant. Honest mistake is what they're calling it. Ah hmm, okay.
Speaker 3: I thought it. Let me look it up and was similar.
Speaker 6: It was recently added to the band list, but it's used for UH inflammation and.
Speaker 2: Unleash do that next time when you get popped with like some quervo, just say, oh, this is tequila. I thought it was tailing all by my fault. Yeah, I didn't know the difference. Yeah, nobody knows the difference between these two. I don't buy it for a second.
Speaker 3: Uh. He wanted to get on the gas.
Speaker 2: He figured nobody was looking because they were too focused on the fact that, you know, Brady and I are taking over the dunk contest and we wont it three straight years, And so he thought, you know what, I'll just I'll gas up real quick.
Speaker 3: It is a pain killer. I've heard.
Speaker 4: I've used this before. I've used trauma dont before trauma like as like a pain killer, I guess. So I thought I thought it was. I heard it as a steroid, but I knew it rang a bell. Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 5: Painkiller, pinkiller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a painkiller. I'm showing that up.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, he's got a legitimate gripe there. Then if you ask me.
Speaker 2: Showing it's a performance enhancing drug in time trial cycling and raises questions pertaining to its fair use in competition that according to the National Institutes of Health, then.
Speaker 5: I can can I tell you guys when I kind of drew a red flag with this one. Yeah, when's the last time we've heard of a player popping positive for the anti drug policy for the NBA.
Speaker 3: It's been a while.
Speaker 5: You know how hard it is for any of these guys based on the threshold of test I don't even think they test for weed anymore. It's like it's it's darn near impossible for any of them to test positive or something, and most of them haven't for a long time. So this kind of makes sense. The explanation makes sense. I could see how he kind of gotten confused or you know, didn't understand what exactly he's taking. I mean, oftentimes, as a player, you're trusting what you're being given from the training staff or whoever's giving you that the doctor that they're a aware of the fact you could test positive or something like you're you shouldn't necessarily always put it on them. You're responsible for what you put in your body, but especially if they're involved with the team in any capacity, which I assumed whoever gave it to him, was that they would be aware of the fact that if you take it, you could test positive.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll be honest with you, I like it.
Speaker 2: The All Star game sucked, but now you've got guys a gamble on games and take peds.
Speaker 3: That's it's something pp I mean, that's a league you're trying to make it. It doesn't anyway.
Speaker 2: It gets suspended twenty five games because he took a shot of water.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, there's a difference between narcotics and performance enhancing drugs.
Speaker 3: Twenty five games. I mean it feels like he did something wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying he didn't, but I think you're missing the points. Steroids and narcotics are not the same thing. I lump them together clearly, just because you want to make your piss hot joke funny.
Speaker 3: I just listen. I think this is a wonderful thing for the NBA. It would you say it's a pe D.
Speaker 2: You got a little bit of personality in your sport, you know. Not everybody is just mailing it in. Some guys are willing to go on the gas to try and get back in a game.
Speaker 3: He's not.
Speaker 4: And then it's used to relieve pain. It's a pain reliever. It's a it's an opioid.
Speaker 5: This is close to him smoking crack.
Speaker 3: What governing body you you just ran said it? Read it again.
Speaker 1: It's a P.
Speaker 3: It's a P Read that again, Jonas, what let me see if I can find it.
Speaker 2: Results from a study suggest that traumadol is a performance enhancing drug and time trial cycling, and raises questions pertaining to.
Speaker 3: Its fair use in competition. What's those source? What the n i H?
Speaker 2: The National Institutes of Health? Hey, look, I do what you gotta do. Man, Like if he wants to, you know, to the bottom of the spoon before again, that's fine too.
Speaker 3: Can't put it in a smoked All I'm saying is I'm trying to understand.
Speaker 4: How do you get twenty five games for a painkiller unless you're using it like it's an opioid, Like you're you're using it like it's cocaine. I would assume, like, how how do you get to that where you say, yep, we tested you, you you.
Speaker 3: Popped for this. It's a painkiller.
Speaker 4: Like, newsflash, people, if you aren't using some type of a painkiller at some point in time during your career as.
Speaker 3: A professional, I'd say, you've been blessed. What do you think he's got a hitting under his head bad. I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 4: Something that's horribly inappropriate with that trauma dol.
Speaker 2: But at least said that Bobby Portos also got nabbed for You got Robbucks, you got those Chile and those scumbags from Chile who were robbing people, and the NBA and NFL.
Speaker 3: Maybe you need it harder than anybody.
Speaker 6: You got about three million dollars worth of jewelry and cash taken.
Speaker 5: Trauma is happening everywhere though. Like you know, the old Georgia quarterback, Carson Back, he transferred to Miami. Him and his girl is dating one of the Cavender twins with one of the basketball players down there. They've got like two of their cars or maybe three of their like three cars stolen. It was like a Lambeau or Mercedes. There's some of the cars, like they all got jacks.
Speaker 3: Which one is he dating?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't know. They look the same to me.
Speaker 4: They're a little different. Okay, they're a little different.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. I just know that he's dating one of the Cavendar twins. I'm not that up to the dating scene of its allege athlete.
Speaker 4: There's a bigger difference in a little difference in the twins, is what I say. What do you mean as far as like athletic I'm just saying there's a bigger difference and a little difference in between them as twins. That's all. They do look just alike though in the face. In the face, I mean, I'm just you know, I'm just curious as to which what what there? He came from Georgia, right, he left Georgia. So I'm assuming you know what I'm assuming, But I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: You know, Lee, are you up to.
Speaker 5: Date on the Carson beg dating scenario? Is he dating which Cavendar twin? Is he dating?
Speaker 3: No, that's not really in my wheelhouse.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure of all the things that you could actually google search, this is one that you chose not to.
Speaker 3: That is correct, okay, And if you would have said the Williams sisters, he would have been all over that. Dang, it's not a.
Speaker 5: What's guys? Just to show you how hardly works on the show, Hannah Cavender is the one that he's dating. I was going to say, Hannah Cavender. I was going to say Hannah, in case you guys were wondering how hardly works. He couldn't even take five seconds to put.
Speaker 3: In the well.
Speaker 6: I was looking up what was stolen from Bobby I can't tell if it's this or a different athlete, but there is a pot leaf jewelry emblem, so I was wondering if, you know, maybe he got popped for that.
Speaker 3: That's why I was trying to figure out.
Speaker 5: He didn't get pop for the way I know that, but I.
Speaker 3: Was doing a deep dive. What well we were trying to figure out before the lead.
Speaker 4: Not No, he might be you know, you can't believe him if he says I know, you can't believe this is this is right?
Speaker 3: To make it easier for everybody, I just called it ped all right. I was trying to. But it's not easier for everybody. I think, Yeah, but you're misleading. It's not.
Speaker 5: I mean, it would look I get it. You're the four known expert on guys who test positive for PDS, because you talk about this all the time with UFC and you go off on your rants and different tangents. But this is not that. So you can't throw that on Bobby portis right.
Speaker 2: I just assume that when you get suspended for twenty five games, it's not because you add too much gatorade like that. That would be my assumption. But apparently I got that wrong. By the way, I did send you guys over a link to how you handle one of those uh Chilean burglars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you want me to do with that?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, I'm just pointing out here and something.
Speaker 5: Can I describe for the listeners what you sent? You basically sent some dude who just got his face beat in by Yeah, another guy who's like looks perfectly fine at his desk in his homes.
Speaker 2: So in a in a Gora Hills a couple of years ago, one of these guys from because it's like a big ring, like the this burglary ring that's going around getting all these athletes or whatever. They've come out to southern California a bunch of times and they went to a Gora Hills and tried to get this guy for his stuff, and they didn't realize the guy used to fight when he was younger and just lit this dude's face on fire. And so this guy's mugshot looks like he fell off a building. So you know, there's a there's a way that you can handle that, or you can just wait till they post selfies of themselves and then they get popped and you know, then you find out who did what. So well, Bobby Portis, Hey, we support you. We lost LeVar, big misunderstanding. I don't see much of a difference, by the way, LeVar.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm found to different one for you. Always different different man, didn't.
Speaker 3: It is definitely hold the other day.
Speaker 5: I know exactly where that's at, by the way, do you yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay? Nice? Wow? Wow?
Speaker 2: All right, well, hey, thanks for making things awkwardly, so we do.
Speaker 5: Oh that's not the sisters though.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is No, it's not okay. Hold on, dude, you just hold on.
Speaker 5: Just set a photo of one of them with another check.
Speaker 3: Hold on, you'll see hold on.
Speaker 4: Hold I'm trying to tell you that's not all right, but hold on. I've just seen this the other day. I'm telling you, just hold on, give me some time. Yeah, all right, Well the internet is slow, all right, So we're fixing the internet issues so we can get to the bottom of which twin is, which we do of An update on the Matthew Stafford situation. Some people call hi matt if you want to piss off his wife, But Matthew Stafford, according to Jordan Schultz of Fox Sports, while uncertainty remains around Stafford's future with the team. League sources are adam at the coach Sean mcvain, the organization want to keep the Super Bowl champion. He went on to say that several teams per league sources have called LA about Stafford, and the belief is a first round pick would probably be the asking price should the Rams choose to make a deal, and reportedly Stafford's preference would be to stay in LA.
Speaker 2: But apparently this is about the money, and I'm just wondering, based on the dead cap hit that would apply if they trade him or if you know, they release him, whatever the decision is, does he know he's got them in a spot to where it would make more sense to keep him, extend him short term and pay him as opposed to go elsewhere. Because I just wonder why we're at this point, and maybe seeing some of the numbers financially that have been thrown out. He carries the forty nine million dollar a cap hit if he's released it maybe that's why Matt Stafford is as aggressive as he is trying to get paid you know what probably would be the last contract of his career.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's one of the biggest things is like, this is his last chance to really tie into that that big dollar VALI value at the end of his career. Do you remember when Tom Brady and Drew brees Or at the end of their career, they were signing essentially for like twenty five million per year, which is crazy to think that, you know, especially Tom Brady was still playing at a really high level at that point, that that's what you could have gotten a first ballot Hall of Famer for. And I'm not saying Stafford's a Paul Famer, and I mean that's for someone else to decide, but that number is going to be closer to fifty now, you know, as far as what he's going to sign for what anyone's willing to invest, and that's in essence what the Falcons signed Cousins for last year. They give him ninety million guaranteed over two years. Now he'll end up basically giving the ninety million from the plan one. But that's kind of the going rate. And that's why if you're any one of these quarterbacks like Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, whoever, there's a component of this that is financial. Where else in the world are any of those guys gonna step off of the field and onto a set or anything else and make fifty million dollars a year. You're just not there's nothing out there waiting for them that they're gonna make that much money, So you exhaust all efforts at doing it. If you could be in a situation where you're with a team that I mean, hell again, you mentioned earlier this week Jonas took the Philadelphia Eagles to the brink. Why not stay into the year or two? Why not finish things out out in LA. Now he's got some leverage on that's probably part of it. But I look at this and just say, there's a huge need for teams for they don't want to start over. They don't want to have to have a guy who's unproven necessarily or they might not be in a position even draft one. And so it's why not spend the money then on a veteran guy like that where you can get some things, you know, you get your ducks in a row, get some things in place to prepare for that young guy that comes along, whether either either via the draft, either via a guy you take that's unexpected that develops. I mean, it wasn't like Jalen Hurts was a first round pick. He was a second round pick, and they had inclination he'd be ready at some point, but he developed into that. So maybe there's some guys in this year's draft, whether it's the Jackson Dart or someone else that we're not talking about enough, that could develop into that guy behind you know, one of these veteran guys, whether it's a Rogers Stafford whoever.
Speaker 4: That's a whole lot of money to pay somebody to have somebody develop behind them. I mean, the numbers are are just I think it's just crazy to think that, all right, you're at the end, we're gonna throw you fifty to come in here and start for what a year or two? Maybe I just think that's crazy. I mean, but I mean that's the market that we're in. I just think that that's pretty wild, man. And so looking at the rams, they don't they're okay with entertaining this, because why if somebody else is willing to pay that amount of money for the quarterback that you have, I would assume you you feel good about who you're moving on from that quarterback to use, right, I mean, you're not going to move away from a quarterback that can command that type of money in the in the in the market, and you don't have another guy, So why would you allow somebody else to pay him that money if he could still be that player for you? Like there is there bad blood? Like is there more to it than just the idea of playing football?
Speaker 2: That's what I've wondered about this, because if you're Matt Stafford and you came from the situation you came from, which was Detroit, where you made a ton of money. He's made, you know, three hundred and sixty five million dollars whatever it is in his career. He made a ton of money in Detroit, but he wanted out of there because he wanted to try and win. Well, now you're in a place to where even when they thought it was a down year or yeah, well we're not really sure about them, nobody gave the Eagles as much of a game as the Rams did in the postseason, and that was in snow conditions, with turnovers and all that stuff. And yet with an opportunity late in that game to go down ball in his hands, final drive to try and win that game on the road in Philly. And if you do that next thing, you know, you're hosting a playoff game and it's the NFC title game. Like if I was Matt Stafford, I would look at it and go, Man, I've made X amount of dollars in my career. I'm in a great spot. Why would I want to leave?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Why not work more with them? And instead there's this awkward thing that's going on. This is a second year in a row. This has happened. That's the part that I wonder is there some bad blood there?
Speaker 3: Like? Is there something else going on there?
Speaker 2: Because to me, especially knowing where he came from and the amount of money he's made, it doesn't add up to me why you would ever want to entertain going anywhere else unless it is all about money. He wants to get to an even four hundred million. I don't know, Like I can't thigure, but my point is, why wouldn't Why would the Rams is not still? Oh God, why would the Rams not hold on to him? If he's that valuable out there? You don't have a answer. You don't have a replacement for him if somebody's willing.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean, Rogers could be won, Darnold could be one. He literally just came from that same system in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Okay, we of our Rodgers out here in Socow. He'd be neighbors.
Speaker 4: If somebody is willing to pay that man that type of money, and you're going to bring in Rogers and you think it's going to be different, Okay, how much are you paying Rogers?
Speaker 3: How much is he going to get around the same lesson Stafford?
Speaker 4: Is it going to be less? Oh yeah, why why would it be less than Stafford? He's got more of a body of work. Why would it be less They're both at the end of their career. He was willing to play for less than with the Jets. I think with the Jets he was gonna make what thirty and change, like thirty million something like the Rams would be saving about twenty million dollars this upcoming year. Bringing Aaron Rodgers one last time, give it a go in Los Angeles. Could live right down the street from var Sometimes you get what you pay for. Guys could hang out in Dondo during the summer. I mean, we're into some of the same things. I wouldn't have a problem with hanging with them. I don't have no problem with Aaron Rodgers. I'll go down into Keebler, Elf Tree, WITTM. Yeah, for a little bit.
Speaker 3: I fit in there. I don't know.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up next here though we do know what is going to happen at the NFL Draft. We know one thing about the NFL Draft. We'll tell you what that one thing is. That's next here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern, six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAP.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here. Coming up a little over fifteen minutes from now, we are going to have ourselves something we do in our normal time slot on two pros and a cup of Joe called Lee's Leftovers. We're our executive producer, Lee to Laugh has some thoughts, some things on his mind. He will throw those at us and usually he steers us towards ditch as we close out the show here on a Thursday, So we will hear from Lee coming up here at about fifteen minutes from now. Now we do know what is going to happen in the draft, all right, we know who's not going to be there at least. The draft is coming up in April. It's in Green Bay and apparently Shadoor Sanders will not be a part of the draft. Shadoor Sanders was on overtime talking about his decision to not attend the draft in Green Bay.
Speaker 7: Let's take a listen, we most likely do Colorado or Dallas. We ain't really decide like fully, fully fully yet. Yeah, we plan on doing it, you know, like an event thing and we'll be fun. There'll be more family friends be able to come because the only thing we're going to the draft is just like, you know, I want to spend those moments with my people. You got, I think having everybody come out there, Bro, it's gonna be so expensive. You feel me so cause why you saving a lot of money? You get to be around your people and all that. Like, it's not just me, you know that I was able to get to this point.
Speaker 5: It's like a team.
Speaker 3: It was a team thing.
Speaker 7: It was a team of people that helped me allowed to get to where I am now. So I want to be able to make sure I am able to enjoy that with everybody and nobody be in uncomfortable situations just for traveling and just to show support.
Speaker 4: So there you go. And that's for the draft. Yeah, yeah, yeah, which make more sense these days. It does make a lot of sense. And I think it's not an easy place to get to. And you know, for for some people, they'd rather be at home with their family and friends in an environment they're comfortable with.
Speaker 5: Uh. Depending on who you talk to, Some people view shadors number one. Some people have views cam Ward, I kind of know.
Speaker 3: What's that. There's another one out there for number one. Come on, throw them out there. Throw his name out, Abdul Carter. No quarter I'm talking about quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 5: And anyway, the point is is that like those guys, you know, they probably want to say, like, hey, I don't necessarily know where exactly I could be going. I mean I went through that when when I when I went to New York, and so there's there's always that potential chance that maybe it doesn't work out exactly the way you think or exactly the way you would hope for so there's there's elements of that, but I think the other thing is and I remember, like the NFL brought me in at one point in time after the draft. Me was like a couple of years later, two or three years later, and we talked about some of the things that would make it easier to get more guys to go, because they wanted to create an environment where more guys want to go to the draft, to walk out on stage to shake Roger Goodell's hand. And I kind of said to them, like, look, if you guys aren't paying guys to be here, like, there's gonna come a time when these guys can make more money staying at home and doing a draft party somewhere else. And it sounds like that's something that Sanders Fan was gonna be able to capitalize off of. You know, whether it's Shador or it's Travis Hunter as well. I'd assume there's a few other players too. You know, Shepherd their wide receiver, He's gonna get drafted, Horne will get drafted. Like there's a number of players who I think will get drafted from that team, and there might be something they're doing for all of them, and all those guys getting paid off that. So that's the hard part is I think people sometimes aren't aware that a lot of these athletes now have the potential and chance to make a lot of money before they get into the NFL. And even that week leading up to the draft, whether you go.
Speaker 4: To the draft or not, I guarantee you there's going to be a ton of KFC there, no cat. The Sanders family have been doing a lot of KFC reads, a lot of KFC commercials.
Speaker 5: So here's my question for you, though, Can you call it KFC if KFC is moving its headquarters from Kentucky to Texas.
Speaker 4: I mean yes, because it's still it's still the recipe originated from Kentucky. That's why it's like, why are you able to call Philly cheese steaks Philly cheese steaks in different places? Why can you call them French fries? I don't get all of that, you know what I mean? Is it not a French fry because it's not in France. I'm just saying, is it not a Philly cheese steak because it's not in Philly? So I think it would still be Kentucky fried Chicken. I mean I could go buy some KFC today in Cali, and it's still be called KFC in a bucket. But I'm being joke. I'm joking, but I think the point it's not churches. But okay, churches does have some good chicken. But I really do like Popeye's chicken.
Speaker 5: Man, it's Popeyes flavor.
Speaker 4: Man, telling you, I love me some pop Popeyes, like Popeyes almost stole my career.
Speaker 3: Man, it almost career.
Speaker 5: Without Popeyes. You may have ever had PhD.
Speaker 3: That is very true.
Speaker 4: That is very true that I was reminded of that as well. Uh, but you know, if I could do it all over again, going back to my draft day, I one hundred percent would have did it somewhere where all my family could be there. It would have probably most likely and and all actuality been at my high school. I think that would have made the most sense to me when I look back on it. And things move so fast and so quickly that you know, you just kind of go with the flow of what people tell you, the status quo of what it's supposed to be. But I think the cool thing about you know, where things are now is that athletes have more of an understanding what they represent and the value that they hold. You know, I can't say that I knew that when I was coming out in terms of that value being me saying you know what, I think we should coordinate me doing it here, or I can use this like if somebody took it to a whole other level where I'm going to take this moment that's for me getting drafted, and I'm going to use this as as a platform and the opportunity to shine light on something that I'm truly passionate about. Like those are the things that I would have if I could do it all over again. That's how I would do it. I would shine light on our wounded Warriors programming, not understanding what you know, what goes into all of it, and how many people can be impacted and affected in a positive way if people just got involved. You know, there's like for me, that would be my passion and that would be something that I would think. Understanding your brand, understanding what you command in terms of time and attention, and being able to leverage that. I think it's a great it's a great step forward for athletes that understand it. Generally quarterbacks have that understanding, they have that support group where there the planning of what their careers look like, how they are handling things. I mean Tim Tebow being one of the best examples that you could ever throw out there in terms of just leveraging your passion and your purpose along with what you do on the field, and how you can build your community that way. I would have definitely been a part of my community. I would have made sure Penn State community was a part of it. I would have made sure that my North Hills family was a part of it as well, and obviously my immediate family members like my grandparents and all that stuff. So I think it's a good I think it's great reasoning from Shador to say he wants to be, you know, where the people that were with him can can attend with all of them can attend with him.
Speaker 3: It is awesome. Now, if the draft was.
Speaker 4: In South Beach, here you go, I might change my mind and I might just do it there. I might have to do all those things that I mentioned. Just do it in South Beach.
Speaker 2: You know, just throw everything at the clevelander and say anybody want to come now, And I feel like, you know, you have a different, different answer.
Speaker 4: I would still do it at home. I think I would if today, I would still do it at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but back then you were what twenty one?
Speaker 3: Well, but let's go.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think that that is truly the the wild card of having Dion primetime Sanders. You know, his guidance, his his mentorship, his understanding. Uh, he is an ultimate master brander. I mean, he is as good as it has ever been. And they get the benefit of him being their coach, and in Chador's case, he gets the benefit of that being his father. So I think that that plays a part. I did not have that type of guidance.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Let me uh, let me ask you you guys a question. If the draft was in New York, do you think they'd be going.
Speaker 3: I must say I think they're going to stick to the plan.
Speaker 4: That would say that may be the case, but there's probably a better chance based off of what they could parlay leverage in New York. I would say there's a chance that they would do that. That's why I throughout Miami. I don't think the market is in Miami that the market definitely isn't crazy attractive to want to do it there.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing is the draft, just like the combine just like the Pro Bowl two. Often times the NFL tinkers and tweaks this stuff, and it's really so there's like a you know, bidding process, and ya, look, there's a lot of cities that've gotten left out of Super Bowls because they're not gonna either have the confines of a stadium to host one, you know, or you know, even if they do, it might be a one and done unless it's a dome, because they don't want to have to necessarily be in a cool weather place. So that's the truth and the harsh reality. So what do they do to so event that they came up with the draft where they're going to rotate now in different cities. And I get it there's excitement around it, but just from my experience, man, there was people who came to New York who've never been back in my family, like they solely came for that event, that moment, to share with me everything else and just to experience New York Like that was Like one of the things too, is oh it's in New York. I mean if it was in another city where they go, I don't know, maybe maybe not, But there's something about that, you know, there's there's something about having the Pro Bowl and Hawaii that made it special. And I think this is one of the mistakes that the NFL has made in a way. I understand in saying that it's probably gonna upset some Green Bay fans, people who live in Green Bay. I'm sorry if that upsets you. I just can only talk from my perspective on it, and I regardless of how long it took me to get drafted on that draft day, I still wouldn't have changed a thing in regards to especially going to New York and being a part of it and all the different things that we did that week leading up, whether it's the children's hospital, visits, some of the community service, it's like any of those other things it was. It was all incredible, was awesome. It was well put on by the NFL. That's why I'm a bit I'm not surprised when players opt to not go because it's not always, you know, the same, it doesn't feel the same. You know, if they move the heisman from New York to somewhere else, I wouldn't quite feel the same. So that's that's kind of one of those things that's it's it's synonymous with that, you know, when you think about the draft, like I always think about New York, but you know, that's changed now, and I think that might play a role in some of these guys opting not to go.
Speaker 2: You know, And I've always thought that the draft has now turned into the consolation prize for a city that can't get a super Bowl at three of the draft. You know, whether it's Green Bay next year is going to be Pittsburgh. A super Bowl's never going to Pittsburgh. But the draft can go and you can come out there for you know, two three days, hang out and infuse some something to the economy there.
Speaker 4: And it was such a hit in Tennessee. I think people felt like, Okay, this is something that could work. But then you I just gotta be honest. When you hit a market like Green Bay, I think you take a lot and that it may turn out to be a win, But I think going into it, I don't think it's very attractive.
Speaker 3: You almost signed with Green Bay and.
Speaker 4: I got offered by New York and went to New York for less money.
Speaker 2: Ebit a why New York even the preference over green Bay.
Speaker 4: It just it just seems like what Q said, I think the the tradition of it just seems to be right, you know, the way you handle things. Because I did enjoy my time for the draft as well in New York. I will say as much family as I had there, I will say again, I'm standing on what I just said. I would have knowing the value that you brought to them going to those children's hospital.
Speaker 5: On what you just said, you have to stand on.
Speaker 4: It, and I'm a stand on it because you're sitting on it. Is kind of like when you sit on something that that would kind of imply lazy. Yeah, that would imply lazy, sit on it is not. Yeah, no, cap, thank you up top Jonas. Yeah, okay, all right, there you go. I just think that having the value that you bring to the table and and what that represents, I think that you can maximize that in your in your own community. You come out and unless you're from New York, I think you come outside of your community to go into somebody else's to bring that value. They bring your value into it. Whereas I think in a moment where you're accomplishing something that it represents a closing of a major chapter, which is the pursuit of becoming a professional at what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I think in those moments it.
Speaker 4: Definitely should be focused in on how you can maximize what you're doing and what that plan represents versus somebody else maximizing it. And I think that that's what people do that's connected to the NFL Draft, that's what they do. And if you don't have any plan, then it's fine if you're a part of it. But I would just say if I was a Shador Sanders or an abdual Carter or a cam Ward, I think that I would want to bring awareness and use my brand to bring awareness to the things that I'm passionate about in connection to my community. And that's a tremendous value that you would be able to bring to your community that otherwise, Like if I could go back and do it all over again, it would be veterans, it would be bringing thorn, you know, pediatric cancer, bringing awareness to those things. That's ultimately what growing your brand and growing your your reputation and status is really should be for is to assist them to push other people forward.
Speaker 2: It's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington Brady Quinnies knocks in for DP and the crew coming up next here, we are going to close up show on this Thursday with something we do called Lee's Leftovers.
Speaker 3: It's right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live to the.
Speaker 3: Way to the Danger Zone. It is the Dan Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. We're going to be back on tomorrow in this timeslot for DP. On a football Friday here on the show, you're probably thinking of yourselves, well, how could it be a football Friday? If it's not during football season? Would you rather it was an NBA Friday?
Speaker 3: Men? Come on, could always be worse.
Speaker 2: So we will be having that tomorrow, Baby tomorrow on the show. Tomorrow is here on FSR. A reminder before we close up shop here today on this Thursday, that shortly after the show, the podcast will be going up.
Speaker 3: So if you've made to any of it, be.
Speaker 2: Sure to check out the pod search Dan Patrick Show or two Pros. Wherever you get your podcast, be sure to also follow rate and review it again. Search Dan Patrick Show or two Pros. Wherever you get your podcast. You'll see this show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: These might smell a little funk, sounds incredible, but they're still good.
Speaker 3: Time to find out what's lap?
Speaker 1: It's Lee's lap?
Speaker 3: All right to laugh? What do we got? Well, fellas, tonight we get it.
Speaker 6: We get USA versus Canada USA point and a half favorites, and the four nations face off on finale at TD Garden.
Speaker 2: Let's see what is it? Well, that's the puck line. The money lion is even.
Speaker 3: The money line's even correct out. So how do we feel it?
Speaker 5: No booing of this beautiful song, No booing of it? All right, just play nice.
Speaker 2: You don't think Canadians are gonna get media get into that this time, do you. I can't imagine.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine they would.
Speaker 3: Take this sport.
Speaker 2: I wanted to out what's the over under on first fight? First time they dropped the gloves and start throwing down.
Speaker 5: What do you got?
Speaker 6: I don't have that. I do have first goal scores. Connor McDavid's best odds obviously fight. I think it's got to be first period, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Would assume, but you know, it would be nice if we had an actual line on that I'm working over, if your DraftKings through the last ye there like that.
Speaker 3: So what else we got lee?
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of USA VERSUS Canada, remember the Delta flight that was leaving Minneapolis crashed in Toronto, flipped upside down. Well, Delta is offering thirty thousand dollars to each passenger that was on that flight, seventy six passengers. That comes up to about two point three million dollars. They have yet to decide whether or not they are going to accept that. Is that enough money?
Speaker 5: No, honestly they'll be I don't know how many you need for a class action, But like, once they get all the facts on why, what happened, how it happened, there'll be a significant loss it. So there's no chance and it takes that money, no chance.
Speaker 3: Did anybody get seriously hurt? There were some injuries, seriously hurt. I don't know what you mean by that. Seriously hurt is seriously hurt in one of those things. Believe I saw like nine people in critical condition.
Speaker 5: They're gonna have PTSD from it too. Everyone about think about flying from out Never fly scary, that would.
Speaker 3: Be never do it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: How did it end up? Flipped over? Did it land? And then slipped it land?
Speaker 5: The gear? You know, the gear went out because it landed so hard and so fast, and then as it kind of turned obviously as it hit the landing, then it kind of rolled over.
Speaker 3: The wings snapped off and it rolled.
Speaker 4: It looked like it wasn't it ice, Like, wasn't it ice and snow or whatever?
Speaker 5: I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought, it's okay, all right. They didn't.
Speaker 5: They didn't decelerate enough. There wasn't like flaps out usually to then gradually touch down. They kind of slammed down and they did so instead of like the back hitting first, it seemed like it all kind of hit together and maybe even the front first to a degree.
Speaker 3: Man. And that's really all all you know, don't hear about that? With spirit?
Speaker 4: That's really all palettes do is take off and lane right. The rest of it is all auto pallette. It's like the takeoff and the land that's it. That's all you got to is like Delta's taking all the blame. But I believe we'll say Endeavor Air was the operator, which like that's one thing.
Speaker 5: If you're flying out there, look into it. Don't just look at who your person the ticket from. Look at who's actually operating the plane itself.
Speaker 3: It's a great point, Pang.
Speaker 4: They had Snoop Dogg do do the Soul plane and you know he was he was the Pallette. You might not want to fly on on that plane. So that's out Snoop Dogg and Kevin Hart or you know, the Soul Plane too soon?
Speaker 3: Bad? Maybe it's too soon? What else? What else? Area of whether or not it's enough money.
Speaker 6: Patrick Mahomes Senior is supposedly gonna be paid eighty five thousand dollars in base pay to fight. Uh, John Rocker, is that enough?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Patrick Mahomes is trying to put a stop to it, apparently reportedly.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm Patrick Mahomes eighty five.
Speaker 3: Grand I don't know. Yeah, I'm gonna say no, he got on that fight Mahomes. I don't have either one of them.
Speaker 5: Well, you have to pick a dog in the fight.
Speaker 3: After after the Mike Tyson do I don't, I don't, I don't know. I'm not getting into these. I'm gonna take Mahomes.
Speaker 2: I feel like rockers too muscular, mahomes straight or punches.
Speaker 3: You might not fill them after a couple of them drinks