Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Drive with Me right Episode ninety three, Live on YouTube right now on this Thursday morning. One of you YouTube viewers today is going to be our nine million viewer. Our videos on a whole are just a few thousand short of nine million views, So someone watching this very show will be our nine million viewer. Hopefully, someone watching this show will be our eighty fifth, eighty five thousandth subscriber. We are a little behind the pace. We need fifteen thousand more subscribers to get to one hundred thousand. By We're gonna push. We've been saying New Year's by the end of the NFL regular season. That gives us another an extra week. We're gonna try to get there. I know we're getting there eventually, but for Demanse to get the thousand dollars cash bonus, we need to be there by the end of the NFL regular season. So tell your friends about the show also before we get to what's actually on the show. So I feel a little angst right now, little parental anks, because I gave Demonse a very hard time a few weeks ago about not having his AirPods for the show. He got upset with me. Thought I was a little harsh on him. I thought I was told really reasonable. Today, en route to the show, he double checked to make sure he had his AirPods in the uber, and he had them. Now, maybe this whole thing's arouse. Maybe I've been taken for a ride. He's faking the angst, faking the angers. He's just forgotten them again. I don't think that's the case. I think because I was so mad a few weeks ago, he then double checked made sure he had them. After taking them out of his bag, making sure he had them, he then left them in the uber. And I'm not upset about this at all. Demonse, on the other hand, is beside himself. He is so upset because he just bought them. And it's not even about not having them for the show. It's about the fact that it's like lighting money on five. So in service to the quality of the show, I have something to showed him. Monsey this. There you go. So I've you I bought some new AirPods, be picking them up.
Speaker 3: We seem like a freaking little tort or something.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not making it seem like anything you didn't ask me for that you were gonna get them. I happened to in the current situation make a little bit more money than you. I don't mind doing it. I also have to buy your sister a new Apple pencil, not because she lost it, but because hers broke. So I'm with two birds one stone. I'm gonna pick those up after the TV show today, so you'll be made whole. You'll now feel great about today's show. We're gonna do awesome. By the way, participate in the chat to ask us questions or to post comments. We will get to them at the end of the show. We also have book club at the end of today's show. But first, here is what missed the cut for today's show, step Bladder saying the World Cup in Qatar was a mistake. You don't say, Sep. Who could have seen that coming? Matt Stafford in concussion Protocol and Demon's future senator. So on Monday's show, I gave Demanse a hard time for being really dedicated to the hoodie and shorts. Look. He did not take that critique lightly. He said, aw, not everyone always wears all these matching sweatsuits. It's a very common, very popular look. It is John Fetterman, six foot nine inch United States Senator from Pennsylvania, rocks this look at almost all times. So you now have representation in the US Senate. That man prevented doctor Oz from becoming a US senator. Shout out John Fetterman, Shout out the people of Pennsylvania. Shout out Demanse for having a little support on the shorts and hoodie. Look now, Demanse, let's get to the show.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: The biggest story in the NFL may quietly be brewing in Buffalo with Josh Allen dealing with an elbow injury.
Speaker 3: Not only an elbow injury, but his elbow injury on his throwing arm. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have a big matchup facing the seven to one Vikings this week, and without Allen, the Bills would have case Keenum at quarterback against his former team. Is the whole NFL about the flip on its head? And are we betting Dolphins plus five hundred or Jets plus two thousand to win the AFC East.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not ready to bet on either one of those two teams to win the AFC East. It is an interesting you can there If the Dolphins are plus five hundred and the Jets are plus two thousand, so then it's you combine them and it'd be twenty five to two. The plus five hundred odds you could put you understand what I mean, like two thousand plus two thousand plus five hundred, and then you'd make two bets. You could get twenty five to two, which is you could get twelve and a half to one on those two teams to win. You know what, So let me give you a better example on it. If you put one hundred bucks on the Jets to win the AFC East and you put four hundred bells bucks on the Dolphins to win the AFCs, that wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Actually be sick.
Speaker 2: Well, you could make it to whar You could make it to wear on either bet. If you want to win two thousand bucks fading the Bills, you could combine the two right, and so it wouldn't actually be the twelve and a half to one math was wrong. Obviously, my apologies there. But you could risk a total of five hundred dollars to guarantee a return of two thousand dollars. That's only four to one. If you really believe the Dolphins or the Jets are going to win the AFCs, you cover both your bases there. I'm not ready to go there. I am ready to say this. However, Vegas does not think Josh Allen's playing. This game was eight and a half nine points as we're doing this show right now, it's three and a half points the a eing. It's just moving down. Josh did not practice on Wednesday. The Bills, for all of their alleged seriousness about winning a championship, have not. They've scored twenty five touchdowns on offense this year. Twenty three of them have been by Josh Allen. They do not have what you would call a well balanced attack. Now you might say, Nick, no team can deal with losing their quarterback. I don't know. The Chiefs lost Mahomes for two and a half weeks the year they won the Super Bowl, and their backup quarterback came in and beat the Vikings, played a tough game. I think it was against the Packers. They finished the game against the Broncos. They went two to one in the stretch without Mahomes. It helped them get a top two seed, helped home field go through Kansas City. Case Keenum's a viable backup quarterback. Case, Keenums won playoff, has won a playoff game in this league, case Keenums played an NFC championship game. With all that said, the reason this is this makes the Jets loss even more devastating because you don't have a merging of error if you're Buffalo. And what you can't have if you're the Buffalo Bills is for the second straight year, you go to Arrowhead in the regular season, you beat the Chiefs, you get a game up in the standings and get the tiebreaker, and then yet somehow when the playoffs roll around, you don't have home field. The Bills I believe to have any shot to beat the Chiefs in the postseason, need that game to be in Buffalo, because for as great as the Chiefs have been for the last five years, they have not played a single road playoff game. That's a testament. Now, great they've been, but it also does mean while I don't question it, it is an unknown of how Mahomes and the Chiefs offense would function in a loud, road playoff environment. You add to the fact that while Kansas City weather in January ain't great, Buffalo weather in January is horrifying and a bad weather football game. You would think, well would favor a team who's both teams quarterbacks can run, but the Chiefs quarterback, the Bills quarterback is so big and strong, you would think that favors him a bit right. Speaking of him running, However, this is where this really has a long tail on impacting the season. Let's say Josh just mits misses one week and I understand he did not hurt this elbow running the football. The Bills have not developed a run game. Their run game is Josh Allen if he's already banged up on his throwing arm throwing elbow. Are the Bills going to feel comfortable calling those designed quarterback runs and those designed quarterback runs and going to the have to lean on a running game that does not really exist. That to me, is problematic for them. So there are a lot of red flags for the Bills. Who I again, they're a very good team, but I cautioned everyone they're being crowned a little too early. A Josh Allen injury obviously is the worst case scenario for them. It looks like they're dealing with it right now. So all right, we can move on to Jeff Saturday.
Speaker 4: All right, right after our show ended Monday could take Coach Frank Reich was fired. Later that day, Owner Jim Ers made the wildest move in recent NFL history, and that being he hired analysts and former center Jeff Saturday is their interim head coach, whomors this swirling Saturday. Saturday may add dan Or Lobsky to his staff. Two questions, how do you not take the Raiders minus six at home against Indy? And if you were in Saturday's position, which one of your media colleagues would you hire as your staff?
Speaker 2: Oh? All right, that last question is interesting. So I am taking gambling show tomorrow. I am taking the Raiders. I just feel like it's a must bet that the Colts had the worst offense in the NFL by any team this season. The worst offensive game anyone's played, in my opinion and in some statistical opinion, was the game last week against the Patriots, right that they that was after they fired their offensive court endor. They've now fired their offensive minded head coach and play caller. They're now having some thirty year old call plays and Jeff Saturday is the head coach. So I do love the Raiders this weekend. Maybe Saturday will be great, but he also as far as experience goes is none. Excuse me, and I'm going to go further. Dion Sanders, the great Dion Sanders, one of the greatest players ever. Two years ago, was hired to be the head coach at Jackson State, an FCS college with no coaching experience outside of high school. And they criticize that move. How do you hire him? How do you skips all the steps? He's not gonna have the experience, he's not gonna know what it takes. That was one of the greatest players ever in small division college football. You're now taking a good player who hasn't coached at any level and putting him as the head coach of an NFL team. It is one of the most ridiculous and indefensible coaching hires in sports history. That is not in debate. Now that does that mean he definitely will fail, No, but it is. It's insulting to obviously to minority candidates that can't get a look even if they've been coordinators and for fifteen years. It's insulting to guys of any race who have been trying to grind their way up in the coaching profession. And it's insulting to the players on the colts. Okay, now to the more interesting part. Who would I hire? So, if I were the head coach of an NFL team, I would hire Bill Barnwell to run my analytics department, without any question at all, run my analytics and he would be on the front office side of things. And I guess I actually I don't know. If he would run my analytics department, Barnwell would run, he would be nobody. You couldn't make any trades or sign any contracts without running them by Barnwell. And the value that you have to give up, I think he's brilliant at that. My analytics department I obviously would run, but I would bring in I would consider trying to bring in Ben Baldwin, who is on Twitter at on at computer Cowboy. He is some good I like his fourth down bot he built. I like that he would do my guy up in the booth. It's a bot. He built a computer program that automatically says kick punt, go for it, and does it for every game, and I trust his methodology. I would hire Manginie to run my defense. I think man Genie is gotten a short shrift on what he did in the NFL, and I think he's actually pretty I am he's still really locked in and tied in any other media colleagues. I wouldn't hire Orlovsky, not because I don't respect him, but I don't think Orlovsky likes me. Orlofsky's on the list of guys that I think doesn't respect me. I don't have any evidence of that. It's just my gut respec. Yeah. Well, it's hard to you can like someone and not respect them. No, you can respect someone and not like them. It's very hard to like someone if you don't respect them, right, you know what I mean? Uh, And I don't know why I just uh Now. I also, who did I think that about? Oh? I did a podcast with Ethan Strauss and I told him I didn't think he liked or respected me. He told me I was wrong. So maybe it's my own self consciousness.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think. Is there anyone else I'd be like, Oh, I gotta get him.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be Mangini for the defense, Barnwell for the front office, and Ben Baldwin for the analytics department, and I'll oversee everything else the I can I tell you something. I couldn't design offenses, but I could call plays like I couldn't. Someone else would have to design the plays. But you don't play Madden for twenty five years and not know how to call some plays? All right? By the way, Paul, question fifty to fifty? Would Demonse be a better head coach than Jeff Saturday? Take that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Neck?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll gave a big shout out to his quarterback for wearing a wristband. Yeah, he said, the communication between him and Gino is much better and more efficient than it was before shade thrown at Russ. Well, Russ didn't like that and came back and said that he won a lot of games in Seattle without wearing a ristband. Or Seahawks the first team in NFL history to be winning out of spite.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a couple of things. One is, we recognize Demonte's mike has a bit of an echo. We'll make sure we fix that during the break. But bear with us here. Here's what I find so intriguing about the Seahawks. And first of Geno's one of the best stories in the league. It's great. And yeah, sorry, I mean, I feel badly. I just yeah, you're not even supposed to live. We know your MIC's an issue, so he's got to be quiet for a minute. Not your fault. Gino's an unbelievable story. What I find so fascinating is this team seemingly, to a man, really really disliked Russ. Pete Carroll had no reason to take this shot at Russ. It was no one was asking about Russ, no one was asking about the past. They were just praising Gino, and he couldn't help himself but to throw it in. So here's my theory, So we know why the defensive players didn't like Russ. Set the corniness aside. They felt he got too much credit for their greatness. That the team was built on the legion to boom and a great defense, and Russ got the glory, and they felt that that all manifested itself ultimately at the worst moment possible, when instead of running the ball and having marsh Sean Lynch who was not defensive player but was more in that click if you will, with Sherman and Thomas and those guys, they called a pass play for Russ so he could be Super Bowl MVP, and they end up losing the Super Bowl. Russ throws a pick, so we know where that came from, and we know where it all. You know, he came to a head right where I think Pete Carroll, who clearly has a sour taste in his mouth about Russ, despite the fact that Pete Carroll was a losing coach in the NFL and then got Russ, went to Russ, they won a Super Bowl, they had massive success. Where I think Pete's bitterness comes from is I think Pete feels like I chose you over the defensive guys. We paid you. We traded those guys away. You wanted me to hire Shane Waldron. I hired Shane Waldron. We put the team in your hands. We did all of those things I cost myself, these other relations and chips, and then you demand it out. I did all of these things in service to you, and then you demanded out. And I get that. I get that. Not it's not a marriage, but to use a messy metaphor, if no matter how much great history you have with somebody, if all of a sudden they're like, I don't like your friends, I don't like who you're hanging out with, I don't like what your you know, your hobbies, and you cut all those things off in service of your significant other, and then your significant other is still like I'm out anyway, you'd be extra upset. It's like I made all these sacrifices for you, for us, and then you bounced. So I think that's where it comes from with Pete Carroll and I understand it all right, quickly asked the net question.
Speaker 4: All right, the nets are locked in on interim head coach Jack eat Jack Jack Vaughan to be there to be their coach through twenty four.
Speaker 2: By the way, he didn't say jockey. He said Jacques, that was the echo. That was that was the echo.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: John Mark said that he is the the was the clear cut choice, despite the email a dooka rumors. Reports say strong voices in the league push Joe's sides to pass on Adoka. Now Vaughn is stepping stepping right into an unprecedented Kyrie situation. The Nets crusted the Knicks last night. Do you think they finally took a step in the right direction.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the Nets just don't know what they're doing. The the the idea that you would be steeped in all this controversy and then leak to everyone in the world you're hiring Udoka without being certain you're hiring him is baffling. It is a wild decision just a while. So that's that's Sean Marks and management not knowing what they're doing. Now. Jacques Vaughan. Jacqu Vaughan was the coach of the Magic for three years, the fourth worst winning percentage in NBA history. Okay, it's Sidney Low, Tim Floyd, Kurt Rambas, Jacques bawling for guys who got at least two hundred games. However, with the Nets, he's been good now. He's been there for six years. He was the interim after Katie and Gyrie pushed out. Kenny Atkinson did well with them in the bubble. They get to the playoffs, but they decided not to hire they go with the Katie and Kyrie want Nash, so they go with Nash instead. Right now he's there, they do look better and they're going with him. The concerns are he knows and everyone knows he wasn't the first choice. That's not you know what I mean. He said it. He said it in his press conference. He's like, listen, I don't know what was my wife's first choice. Been together twenty years. I mean, he said it. What's most notable to me is it's hard to separate the Nets seemingly turning in a corner. They played the best game last night they played in two years. I understand they're playing the Knicks, but that's how the Nets were allowing one hundred and sixteen points per game under Vaughan. They're allowing ninety. Okay, they but it is hard to separate. Is this a Jacques Bond thing or is this a Kyrie not there without Kyrie either three and one. Steven's been excellent. KD played his best game of the season last night, had an easy twenty nine point triple double. And I do not believe Kyrie contributes to winning basketball. I do not believe he makes them better. And I do not believe that when he finally, you know, if he gets unsuspended, they are better with him than without him. Also, at the game last night, and you've got there is the foot Let me put it like this giant group of guys all over the entrances to the stadium with megaphones, passing out literature who seemed to like that movie that Kyrie promoted even more than a hell of a lot more than Kyrie did that I posted it on Twitter.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 2: Headline of the flyer that they were handing out in front of Barclay's Center is the truth about anti Semitism and then long passages. So and if you want to read it, you can check on my Twitter. So that when Kyrie says, you know, I'm not you know, you guys act like I have some big platform. Kyrie's tweet and the ensuing controversy has now brought that to the nets. Doorstep. You then add to the fact I don't think he helps them on the court, and I think Jacques Vaughan is about to deal with at and Sean marks a very difficult situation because all of a sudden, the Nets look like a real basketball team and they can play real defense, and that's without Ben Simmons doing anything, and Durant looks happy, and it is a very tricky situation for Jacques Vaughn, who's now finally getting his second chance as an NBA head coach. So there's that. With all that said, the Nets are in far better shape than the Lakers, who are an unmitigated disaster. We discuss them and play a game next, What's Right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblast, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrill wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Joel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, don Cheatle Michael Pena and Bobby Knavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in episode ninety three, what's right with Nick? Right, we will get to a game in a moment, but first, de Mon's we need to talk a little bit about the Lake.
Speaker 3: Talk about your Lakers, man.
Speaker 4: They are now two and nine, lost to the Clippers by thirteen without the quiet one.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Okay, and Lebron got hurt. So Lebron, we don't know if it's a groin or what it is. If he just doesn't want to play with these guys. No, no, no, I mean he clearly injured himself last night. I mean they took him out of the game, and so yes, listen, Lebron for the first sixteen years of his career was the most indestructible athlete in the history of basket I mean I watched him suffer a high ankle sprain, titan issue is up and just go finish. He never missed time with injuries despite playing super high minutes a super physical style. Then, in year seventeen against the Warriors on Christmas, his first year with the Lakers, he tore his growing you're wait, was that hold on? Is this his fifth year? Hold on? This year twenty? Oh, so I guess it was. I'm sorry, you're sixteen. He tore is growing. You're seventeen. They won the title. He was healthy, you're eighteen. Solomon Hill somersaulted into his ankle. He was injured all year. Last year, he was mostly healthy until the end of the year. There's year nineteen, Now it's your twenty. He was dealing with a foot injury, now dealing with the leg injury. This is what happens. He's played the most minutes of any player in the history of the sport playoffs and regular season combined, where he's second to Kareem On that he's in year twenty. He's the third oldest guy in the whole league, and he's playing these types of minutes. The only guy's older than him are Iguidala and Haslam who Haslim doesn't play at all, and I right, and Ida barely plays. So it's sad, but this is inevitable. That is not the biggest problem with the Lakers. So a couple. So they're playing the Clippers last night, right, the Clippers did not have Kawhi Leonard Yet the Clippers, somehow, despite not having Kawhi Leonard all year long, are a competent organization. They didn't have Kawhi Leonard all last year, won forty two games. There's still a legitimate NBA team without Kawhi Leonard. You know why this is because Lawrence Frank has built out a real NBA roster. You have the Stars. They did what the Lakers did, traded all their assets for Paul George, like the Lakers did with Lebron. Now, they didn't win a title, and I'm not the the Lakers won that title. Lebron was unbelievable. Anthony Davis was great in the ball. That's fine. But what Rob Blink is done with this Lakers roster post winning the title, It honestly would have been better to spin a Goddog wheel. It was if you were intentionally trying to build the worst basketball teams possible. But you have to have Lebron, James, Anthony Davis on the team. You could not do worse than Blink has done the last.
Speaker 3: Two years, mixing up what well, mixing up all those ingredients.
Speaker 2: Like absolutely right. So let me give you another team, not just the Clippers, something else interesting happened yesterday the Milwaukee Bucks played. The Milwaukee Bucks did not have Chris Middleton. They haven't had them all year. In this game, they didn't have Drew Holliday and Jannis took the night off. No Joannis, no Holiday, no Middleton. They won. They beat the Thunder Ironers, and Thunder, a bad team, beat him in overtime. You know why, because they have a legitimate NBA roster. They have built a real team, and it is unfathomable to me.
Speaker 4: So I've had a couple of like people that come in the messages telling me, a couple of fans of the show saying that raj Ahon Rondo has always been like the clear fix for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: You buy into that, No, he's too old at this point, but I do buy into that Anthony Davis's offense has fallen off a cliff and they don't have a point guard.
Speaker 4: He also is saying that he's mad that he's playing I mean, he didn't say he's mad, but he said that he's uncomfortable playing the five.
Speaker 2: He is, but fuck up, buddy. But regardless that those should be the issues in the margins, the Lakers have done such a horrific job that trading Anthony Davis is now on the board. Yeah. And I said before the year that their whole playan of oh, we're going to keep Russ and make it work when they're playing, was never to make it work with Russ. The plan was wait and see if a trade better than Turner and Healed comes around for us and those picks. And I said on this show and on the TV show, better be careful because with that opening schedule, you could be two and eight after ten games and the season's basically over. Now it's eleven games, they're two and nine. In NBA history, teams to start two and nine only I saw this yesterday. I wish I marked it. Less than ten percent have finished above five hundred above five hundred, only four have made the playoffs, and only one has won a playoff series. NBA history teams starting two and nine, so they're totally ruined. They might end up trading Anthony Davis. And now I'm gonna give you the one bright side.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I do think now the Nets right now are playing well. When Kyrie comes back. I don't know how sustainable all that is, Okay, I do think there is at least a conversation if the Lakers call the Nets and say, listen, Katie's unhappy. He wanted out. The Ben Simmons contract is a disaster with three and a half years left on it. You also don't have picks. We will give you Anthony Davis and Russell Westbrook's expiring contract plus our two picks in twenty seven and twenty nine four Tyrie nod for KD and Ben, and then Kyrie walks in the offseason. Russ's contract expires. You have Anthony Davis, You have built back up some of your draft capital, and all of a sudden you're in New York City with Anthony Davis and max salary cap space. And that's how you're going to rebuild eighties twenty nine. It's five years younger than KD. You're not winning anything this year. I would I don't think they would do AD and two picks for Kevin Durant. I don't think the Nets would do that, Okay, I think if you However, if you gave them a way to get out of Ben Simmons deal, which is like, oh, why would they want Russ? Well, Russ actually coming off the bench, playing a little bit better, But that doesn't matter. What you would want is the fact that contract expires. Kyrie's contract is expiring after this year. You would just have Anthony Davis and Joe Harris is on a bad deal. But that's the only bad contract you'd have. And you have max cap space CAP's gonna go up soon you're in New York City, you're more like that. That's their path forward. That's the Lakers only save, and it wouldn't even save this year. By the time that happens, this year is already going to be done. So that's the one silver lining. But I don't trust Rob Blinka to do that. Rob blink is and and Lakers ownership for continuing to empower Polinka because he was Kobe's agent and they have such loyalty there is insane to me.
Speaker 4: All Right, let's play a game. All right, it's time for a game. It's all in or fold.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: First one we got here is Obj listed Dallas as a potential landing spot in Jerry Jones, Mike McCarthy, and Ezekiel Elliott all said they want him all interfold.
Speaker 3: Obj is missing is the missing piece for Dallas.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd really rather I'd really rather not do either one of these because I kind of believe in it. I don't want to fold, but I certainly don't want to go all in saying it's the missing piece.
Speaker 3: But I will.
Speaker 2: I'll say so. I'm going to describe a team to you. A defensive Player of the Year, Hall of Fame caliber front seven defensive player, an All Pro caliber corner, a good wide receiving corps already, a quarterback who has put up great numbers in the regular season but has no postseason success. I just described to you this year's Dallas Cowboys and last year's Los Angeles Rams. What did the Rams do around this time last year? Added Odell Beckham junior. He was the missing piece in a wide open NFC. Did the Cowboys have a lot of similarities there? Would it make a lot of sense? Would he work? If he's My concern with Odell is he's had too many injuries, and when he comes back, he's not gonna be the guy who was last year for the Rams, who was sensational in the playoffs. If he is that guy, the guy who was in the playoffs last year, then I think this is a no brainer for Dallas and green Bay's off the board now because they stink. The Rams to me, are off the board now because they stink. The Niners don't need him. They have too many other weapons. The Bucks aren't very good, and they wide receivers. The one spot. They got plenty of guys at don't I never thought Buffalo was a realistic spot for Odell, and they have plenty of receivers. The Chiefs just added their receiver, you know what. So to me, it's if Odell's gonna play this year, it is either with Dallas or with the Giants. In a reunions. Seahawks have lock in a Metcalf and the Seahawks aren't really like a blue chip franchise like Mark Kee, like New Go back to New York or go to Dallas. That's what I see Odell doing next this.
Speaker 3: Green Bay beat Dallas this week. Awesome.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, green Bay does not be Dallas. I think Dallas crushes That's what I think.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the poll of the people in the poll say yes, sixty percent say Odell should sign with Dallas.
Speaker 4: All right, next, all right, Milwaukee finally fell for the first time this season, but got back on track in double OT and their double OT win versus the Thunder without the honest they're looking like the best team in basketball, and they're still Missy and Chris Middleton all interfall of the Bucks will win sixty five games.
Speaker 2: Sixty five is tough and the team. If you win sixty five or more, historically you are an overwhelming title favorite. That now, the Rockets won sixty five few years agame ago lost to the Wars in the conference finals. It's not a sure thing, but sixty Once you get sixty five plus, you are in the history, you know, best regular season teams ever category, right, right? Yeah, I think they're winning sixty five games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they're definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're clearly the best team. Yeah, and Yannis has been great, But it's not even like Giannis has been unbelievable, you know what I mean. The Yannis is so clearly the best player in the league. It's because of what he does on both ends. It's not even a discussion. No one can argue otherwise. I mean, the Bucks, they've built a real team.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't love the fact that Grayson Allen gets minutes for them, but that is really picking knits. That is an excellent team that should be the two time defending champs. We should be talking about a Bucks dynasty. If Middleton didn't get hurt, they would have worked the Warriors. And by the way, the Warriors had.
Speaker 3: To work somebody else to get to the Warriors.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Who what he's all about?
Speaker 3: You said they would have worked the Warriors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the finals, here's all about the Celtics. But they played the Celtics and they lost in seven games without Middleton. Okay, but they would have the Okay, Listen, I understand that. I believe they would have won that series with Middleton. I think you believe they would have won that series with Middleton. By the way, it's not in today's show. I just want to get on the record again because I did it on TV. I want to do it here. Folks are underrating that the Warriors might be in real, real trouble. Yeah, they're four and seven. Their last win step was against the Kings by three. Steph had to go forty seven to eight and eight and they had to get very lucky calls down the stretch. Shockingly, they so what is disappointing for the Warriors and they didn't see coming was that none of the young guys seemingly have improved and Wiseman's going in the other direction. What should not surprise them at all is the vibes might be off after Draymond's slug Jordan Poole, All right, next.
Speaker 4: All right, you're the Luka Doncon started his season only trailing Wilt Chamberlain for most thirty point games to start start a season. Yeah, the streak ended last night, but he leads his team in points, assists, rebounds, and steals all interfold, Luca is greater than Will.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, no, we got to fold on Lucas not greater than Will. But do you think Luca is the second best player in the league? So let me give you the Let me just give you the possible names guys who are in the discussion. Okay, and I'll give you. I'll give it. Do you think he's better than Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did Tatum?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go in reverse or Okay, do you think he's better than Tatum?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Possibly?
Speaker 4: I think that one's kind of neck and necking and maybe Luca gets the advantage.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I know that hurts you, but yes, do you think he's better than Tatum. Do you think is better than Jokic? Yeah, let me too. Do you think he's better than Steph?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Their defenses are both right, call him, call him a wash on defense. Who's the better offensive player, Louke.
Speaker 3: Or step Luca? I mean he controls the ball. Yeah, so okay.
Speaker 2: Do you think is better than Jah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gotta be.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's better than Durant?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Whenever I think of Luca, I'm comparing these guys, like he's able to go down there and control the ball this ship, yeah, yeah, I mean all around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just be honest, he's the second best player in the league. He's I mean, you and I two weeks ago saw him in person yea and.
Speaker 3: Total control.
Speaker 2: Total it is lebron esque, just total control over everything on the court on the offensive end. And I know everyone kills him for the usage, like, oh, you can't win a title with one guy dominating the ball, like there's all this stuff.
Speaker 3: He's never play like that to where it runs him down.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's not a criticism in my opinion, until we see him do that at the expense of a good player. He's never at an All Star teammate. He's never had a guy. The only teammate he's ever had to make an All Star team was his rookie year, which was Dirk's final year. Dirk got an honorary All Star spot because his twentieth year in the league, but he was not an All Star player. Now we're to on Lakers earlier. What is interesting is this, they're as great as Luca is. He is not a perfect fit with everybody. Okay, so like he's not available, But let's say the MAVs could get Dame. That's not really a perfect fit. Right there, there are the Now do I think Tatum would be a great fit. Of course, because Tatum is a two way player, doesn't have to have the ball in his hands the whole time. TAM's not available, right You've got to find the right type of star to pair with him.
Speaker 3: Anthony Davis to the MAVs.
Speaker 2: That is exactly right now. The MAVs don't have the it'd have to be a weird three team trade. But that is the perfect player in the league for Luca. Because Ad doesn't really want the ball a ton, He is a defensive force. He can still stretch the floor a bit. It's perfect. That is the That is the which is why. By the way, who's the guy Luca plays the best with or Luca plays the most like Lebron, Lebron and Ad they won a title the first year together. Like the guy the MAVs should want, like be thinking about targeting five years from now. Is Evan Mobile Evan Mobley the center for the or power forwards, last center for the Cavs. He's like a Kevin Garnett clone type of guy. That's the If you could bring a guy from history to pair with Luca, my number one pick might be Garnett because Garnett doesn't need the ball, is an unbelievable a defensive player, one of the best ever, and can the and can also score efficiently. So it is a tough one and I don't know how the Maps are gonna get the guy. But it's not like Lucas freezing out great players.
Speaker 4: All right, next, All right, we've now discussed this twice, but let's get an official prediction.
Speaker 3: All interfold. The Lakers will trade AD this year.
Speaker 2: I've fold. I don't think they will. I think there's an argument they should, but I don't think they will the there bad. They just don't know what they're doing. They just don't know what they're doing. All right.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, you had a tweet Tuesday night shouting out Colorado.
Speaker 3: I think we might show the tweet up here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the Colorado legalized psychedelics.
Speaker 3: I thought that happened a while ago.
Speaker 2: They might have decriminalized it.
Speaker 3: They legalized it. They legalized like you can get caught with it.
Speaker 2: In No, that's decriminalized is you get caught with it and you don't go to jail. Legalized is you can go to the store and buy them, right, I thought that was going on. Oh but I could be Uh so I wrote, I know literally on Denver Sportsman tape me and I'm not welcome there. But y'all do government right? And your state is beautiful. Can I visit maybe Boulder at least?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all under fold, Colorado is the best state in the country.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready to call it the best state in the country, however, it is over the last decade. The way, in my opinion for my listen, I'm not gonna talk politics here, but I will reveal mine to a degree. The way Florida has plummeted on the Places I Could Live list, and Colorado has skyrocketed. You then add to it, if you're concerned about climate change the way I am, Colorado seems relatively immune to it. There's not like I'm not gonna be earthquakes, that's not a climate change thing. Not gonna have to worry about sea level There the did I eat. I love the politics. It's beautiful. You get all four seasons. You have an NBA team. Really sucks that Broncos and Nuggets fans hate me, so it really sucks. I think they they're in the process of potentially voting Bobert out. That's the one that I showed you the real close on sixty four votes. Yeah, three hundred thousand votes cast. It is as of this moment, a sixty four vote differential. So yeah, I mean, Colorado is a great place. When the pandemic was when New York, when we were like locked in our house and it was just ambulance sirens and they had a you know, a makeshift Morgan Central Park, and I thought things were really really going to go left. Oh, at the beginning of the pandemic, you weren't here you were in Kansas City. Yeah, no, I mean there was must have been really sad out here, but it was it was hard shift more what do you mean? I mean they had to there were so many dead bodies. They had to. They had to do a makeshift Morgan Central Park. They brought a Navy ship and put it off where by where Chelsea Piers is as a makeshift more and there's just too many New York In the very beginning, it was awful, awful, and I didn't know what was gonna happen with the world. I'm not a doomsday prepper, but was I looking at ranches in Colorado, like places that had their own water and like little underground bunkers. I was, but a lot of a lot of people were a lot of people were because they were expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But is it like on the board demands that the next with, you know, fingers crossed, assuming I get one that with the next time I get a big lump sum of money at TV contract or something that I just buy on speculation, like ten acres somewhere outside of Denver, just to own, just like as a worst case scenario, like whole family is it holes up there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like I like Colorado, all right. I like its central location, I like its politics. I don't mind the snow. I like Colorado a lot. I also promised those people that if Bobert loses, I'm going to go on TV and say something nice about Nikola Jokich. So there's that. Hey, Well, answer your questions from the chat. That's next, plus a book club update, What's Right?
Speaker 3: All Right?
Speaker 2: Welcome back in episode ninety three, What's Right with nick Right? Last week's book club went far too long, and it was because I didn't have my copy of the book, so I didn't have the parts highlighted. There's a couple things I just want to mention again. We're up to page one fifty in is it right past one fifty?
Speaker 3: We're up to.
Speaker 2: Page one fifty five a chapter twenty five and Eh combricks a little history of the world. For next week we are going to because we only have two more weeks to finish this, so you know what, let's make it easy this week and for next week we are going to get to chapter thirty two. We're gonna get to page two oh six. What's so funny the I read books and this can because it's a history book be a little dry, so I'm gonna be very quick here. There's just a few things here that I found really interesting. So the beginning of our section this week was really about the Roman Empire. Okay, so they talk about Julius Caesar and how much he you know, he essentially conquered the world. So do you know, have you ever heard the phrase demons at two brute? At two Brutus? Okay, So Julius Caesar was incredibly the most powerful man in the world, is kind of the ruler of the world, head of the Roman Empire. And then his friends and colleagues got sick effect, he had so much power in the stab him and one of the people that sapped him was Brutus, who was his friend and famously historically he said at two brute, but he was being stabbed because he's like even you, Bruce, So like when a friend betrays you at to brute is like, that's what you would have said, Opey this week, sorry, should we demonte got an argument with a friend of his. I was very proud by the way proud parenting moment. Uh demand sometimes gets like very loud and it's a little concerning. Yeah, I don't love. I'm not the best example of this, but I don't love how you control your anger at times. Sometimes you get to a twelve when maybe it should simmer at an eight. However, Demande was yelling, yelling at a friend of his. But it was because Demanse was trying to fight for righteousness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he was also I had in my air body was also screaming at me.
Speaker 2: I was okay, right, but he's not my kid, my responsibility the but but Demanse was fighting legitimately angry with his friend because he thought his friend was being I don't want to wrong side on the wrong side of history on something, and Demonse was fighting for a righteous cause. So what's interest? So remember how I we talked about Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, the gods. So the Julian calendar is the one we still use. Named after Julius Caesar, he gets a month named after him, July for Julius and his adopted son who took over after him was Augustus, and that's where we get august from. How about that? Also, I don't have your mom has all these nicknames for everyone, what do you I don't have a nickname for you, I just call you pau What do you think of the nickname Augustus?
Speaker 3: Augustus?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you why so Julius Caesar? That would make me like Julius Caesar. Julius Caesar is one of the most powerful men in the world. His adopted son who took over for him was Augustus. So I think I might circle on you, Aggie. Can we make a graphic of that? Then we get to talking about ponscious pilot in Jesus Christ. It's very fascinating. Also, I underrated how bad Narrow was. I might be saying it wrong. Everybody I've heard of people reference the ruler Narrow about how brutal he was. What I didn't know was he had his own mother murdered, and his wife and tutor, along with a number a number of their other relations and friends because he lived in a constant fear of an assassination. So he was just like, ah, I don't love you, you scare me. Saw as have you killed? The book then talks about how that if in the Roman Empire, if you weren't a Christian or a Jew or a close relative of Narrow, if you just lived like out in the land whose life was pretty peaceful and pleasant. And then you talk about the Jersey chapter. This is page one hundred where I'm reading from right there, and he talks about the Emperor Trajan who built what what?
Speaker 3: Chapter? What?
Speaker 2: Chapter seventeen seventeen.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the chapter that every really got me thinking, Oh yeah, about what the fact that they built those colisseums I can hold like up to fifty thousand people. It's just so crazy to think that like that that could hold a sporting event now, but it was two thousand years ago.
Speaker 2: Like these guys are really gods. All right, you've now tilted me here?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: So that's a great observation, and it's a good point.
Speaker 3: Did you read Yeah, I've been reading it. I've definitely been keeping up. Man, you have no idea what I do in my spare time.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, and I have you really been reading.
Speaker 3: It somewhat cliff notes cliffs.
Speaker 2: Notes of this book. All right, I'll take it. There's book club for the week. Next week we get to page I think it's two oh seven, and then the following week we finish it. All right, let's answer some questions from the readers, because then we got to go.
Speaker 4: All right, First questions from Eric o'mayley. He asked, do you ever bet NBA player props? Do you avoid betting on small NBA slates such as the one tonight with only four games?
Speaker 2: I don't really bet NBA until the postseason or if I'm going to a game. If I'm going to a game, I'll bet just for some added entertainment. And I'm not I'm not sharp on player props NFL or NBA.
Speaker 4: Next, all right, Luke julian as, is the Draymond punch affecting the Warriors or is it more of the lack of bench production. Steph is playing like an MVP, yet they aren't very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, listen, I think the Draymond punch pool has not gotten better.
Speaker 3: Clay has like a little chip on his shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Clay and Draymond have gotten a little bit worse as you would expect. Wiseman's been a negative and Kaminga and Moody aren't doing anything like Steph is really having to carry that load. It Also, by the way, we all need to come to grips with the fact that I know the Warriors just won the title and then two years before that the Lakers won the title, and in the year in between it looked like the Nets and Durant, We're gonna win the title their first year with Harden. It is in play, In fact, is overwhelmingly likely that Lebron, Steph and Kadi that that that that era is done, that this is the yannest Jah Luca era that we are in the midst of, not that that's on its way, that that's where we are right now.
Speaker 4: Next assessment, Justin asked, are you guys gonna do something special for episode one hundred coming up?
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought about that, but yes, get on that, folks at Blue Duck. I don't know what that means, but let's do something.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: The Hill asked, what would you do with Kawhi if you were the GM of the clip?
Speaker 2: What can you do? I don't know. The the Kauhi things the most baffling thing in sports right now. Did he re injure his knee? What is happening? He got hurt two seasons ago?
Speaker 3: This is the play where the guy fell on him after he was shooting, right, this is.
Speaker 4: Which what do you mean? For two years ago Kawhi was shooting and that somebody was in his landing span.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, that was that was where Kwi got his first mate was the first one with the first No, the ace was he just went up for a jump shot in the playoffs and landed.
Speaker 3: Funny.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't land on anyone, and they said he had a knee sprain. But evidently towards ACL was two years ago. I don't understand it.
Speaker 4: Next all right, Lewis Haynes says, I rained from KC and represent the finest of the city, from Peanut Wings to Margarita's at Los Carals to or Lost Corral. Sorry to shopping at the River Market. Oh the River Market, I've been there before. What's your favorite barbecue in Kansas City? Been listening since ninety six point five?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, and listening that's Lazlo and slimpization. Listen. The best barbecue is jack Stack, But Jacksack is expensive. You need a reservation. It's you know what I mean, cloth tablecloths. It's not a real barbecue joint. It's like a fine dining place that serves barbecue. So it's in a separate category. So of the barbecue joints. Arthur Bryant's is far and away my favorite. Arthur Bryants right next to Negro League Museum down on Eighteenth buying. I think it's the best barbecue join in the country. Joe's is good. All the barbicane can't see it's good. It's the best barbecue place in the world. But my favorite is Arthur Bryant's. All right.
Speaker 4: Last Matt Ford asked, did Nick fall for the fake lebron trade sweet yesterday?
Speaker 2: No, I by though I have not. I don't know if it's because I have an updated Twitter. I don't know if it's because I don't see I haven't seen any fake verified people seen a lot. I haven't seen one. Can I tell you one thing that is very cool though? About the So you click on the fake verified people and it says this person is verified because they're a Twitter Blue subscriber. So click on englishman, click on mine. Read that to the audience account information.
Speaker 4: This account is verified because it's because it's notable in government, news, entertainment, or another designated category.
Speaker 2: Oh so, Twitter, without me even doing anything, was like, oh no, we got to get leave this guys. Check mark. We can't have fake Nick rights out there, but one last note before we leave. Look at this, demons. Look at what your uh where is it? Look at what your sister did for me? Uh yesterday? Did you see this in the family chat?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 2: Hold on? Oh oh, I have to sign in. I'm on TikTok now America.
Speaker 3: Oh you have it, TikTok.
Speaker 2: Get Nick, Get Nick right one, somebody ass get Nick right. I'm gonna try to get it, but get Nick right and the number one. Oh, Augie. Look, that's why I'm calling you now, Augie, how do you like it? What do you like more? Okay, so let me just ask you what would you like more? Augustus, Augie or Gus. Now keep in mind my dad's dad, who you never met. His name was Gus. You know, I think Gus. I think what do you like that name?
Speaker 4: I think I like the Augie and I mean Augustus and Gus I like more than a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Augie, I don't like either. Alright, I'm calling you Gus. And whenever anyone asks me like nah, it's this thing between me and my dad. But we'll know it's because I'm comparing myself to Julius Caesar and you, my adopted son and heir who's going to take over all the lands of my accomplishment. There it is episode ninety three What's Right with Nick Wright and Gus talk to you guys tomorrow for the gambling show. What's Right? Hey, it's Nick Right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor. Click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers will help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And you're audio listeners. People that have commute strives, whatever it is. Subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of for your eyes. All that check it out. Appreciate Sho