Speaker 1: So I want to do a rerant really quickly. Just I want to talk about a topic. So it's not that show. I just want we're all here, I want to talk about. First of all, give me your Paul once said to me, who's your mount Rushmore? And I'm gonna call it a hall of fame? So, but who is your mount Rushmore? Of housewives?
Speaker 2: You don't, you can be in it. You can in.
Speaker 3: Any city, no in the world. Who are the best for?
Speaker 1: And you can add no New York or any city period of all housewives who are the best for?
Speaker 2: Who are the most iconic?
Speaker 3: Okay, easy, go you Teresa, Me, Nimi, Lisa Vanda Pump. I'm not missing anyone that was good.
Speaker 2: You think Lisa.
Speaker 1: I had Lisa Vanda Pump originally, but I didn't because she orchestra I think she's amazing, but she like orchestrated, not filming, and so she wasn't like to put your whole body in its house with like a Vicky Gumbelson.
Speaker 3: Whether you like her or not, I forgot. I forgot she put her whole body is missing missing. I still think Lisa Vanda Bump just because generally, and she also gave birth to Vanda pump rolls and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I just think, Okay, I'll give her an honorary too.
Speaker 1: I think she's amazing, But I okay on the top of mountains, I think it's.
Speaker 2: Neat to and Vicky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that we have the same and they're all interesting, very interesting. Okay, So just to finish one thing from before, because I want to clean up. This is a rerant. I want to clean up and we're not digging into it deep. I just want because it was so fast that on because this on the reunion that I was on, where I was on the one couch and there was a firing squad of Carol, Derinda, Ramona, everyone like Andy, and the production was like you're walking into like a firing squad. I was walking into that. I think was the reunion where everybody was aghast that I would exploit and capitalize on Bobby's funeral because for television and no on would ever do that. I was rolling my eyes, laughing and saying, well, she wanted me there, et cetera. Didn't know the subtexta I never to, and I think I felt watching it and I did not know that they all were just burnt that they didn't get their scene of Bobby's funeral.
Speaker 3: That's this is what I was told. Amazing was that they wouldn't come to my apartment for the shiva, which I was told we would do just to honor Bobby. They would play some maybe some footage of old scenes and everybody would kind of memorialize him, talk about him. And that's it. I don't get paid. I'm not a housewife. I'm not a cast member. In a million years, I would never have had the cameras at the funeral. In a million years, there was a million. I wasn't even a cast member getting paid. All the more reason that you have to know I wouldn't have had him right even for that reason, financial right, right, and my sister and my mother. You think they would have let me? I mean, are you kidding me? After what everything had happened with Bravo and everything, you think they would have let cameras beat the I mean, like the whole thing. Anybody who knows me knows it didn't make sense, which is why I don't fight like it's like. And also I couldn't fight City Hall. So if I had said this back then, did it? I did not know that.
Speaker 2: The women because they didn't get to film their set.
Speaker 3: They punished me and I was so hurt, that's why, and I called them. I think I called one of them. I don't want to say who. I think I called one of them and she's like, oh no, I can't.
Speaker 2: They lied, They lied, Okay.
Speaker 1: The last, the second to last thing I want to do is just, I guess we've kind of reviewed it a little, just the state of the the shows and the experience. What are your regrets from doing the whole thing? Would you you would do it all over again? Do you think it's healthy? And how has the Whole Housewives experience and show changed from when we were on it together to now.
Speaker 3: That's a lot to unpack. Yeah, one at a time, sure, okay, So would I do it over again? One hundred percent. The regrets I have mostly had to do with you, because that was the authentic friendship that I lost and I could never recover. What was the other questions?
Speaker 1: It was basically how the franchise and the medium I changed from then to now.
Speaker 3: Well, I think social media changed the game in a good and a bad way. When we were on it, there were no filters at all, So if there were haters and things like that. You couldn't turn it off. There was no filter. I mean, you can go off social media, but there was no blocking.
Speaker 2: There was no Twitter. I went to Twitter. Twitter.
Speaker 3: I don't even look at Twitter, but I'm just saying, like it, right, but you can block on Twitter. Now you can block all lots of stuff, so you can block the noise. Even if you want to let them follow, you can still block seeing it. You couldn't do that. The other thing was Bravo made us blog and those blogs also killed each other. We'd killed each other. So whatever happened on the show was amplified ten times because of these stupid blogs, which, by the way, they don't do them anymore. So there's a lot of things that when.
Speaker 1: The reion was one episode and I wore what was in my closet? I wore Jill sure right, the reunion wasn't that I wore a fucking Jenny Hillfiger dress.
Speaker 2: Did my own up? I look like a clown? I think. I mean it was a disaster because it was it was real. Who cares about my hair?
Speaker 3: My hair was closer to God. I mean, it was insane, but I like that.
Speaker 1: I well, when I went, I like that, look at us both now out we didn't. This is a big deal. A lot of people are gonna watch this. And I'm sweating like a horn Church tick scrolling up my neck. We have no hair makeup, like, we don't care because it's the meat. It's not the the cake is not the frosting. We're like, we don't care. Always look at me, Oh my god. And that works seventy five diamond buttons in my hair.
Speaker 3: And I don't know when the networks will learn. And it's not just like Bravo or anyone in particular, that it's not the name of the show. It's the cast. It's the cast. It's the cast. It's the cast. And I think that when they cleaned House of four Housewives, when I was eliminated, whatever was the biggest mistake they made on New York, I took took them years to sweep.
Speaker 2: They never I mean they never recovered.
Speaker 3: They never recovered. I mean they were covered a little when we.
Speaker 1: Came back, when I came back, When I came back and went right back to where it was.
Speaker 2: By the way, you look at the ratings, right, so I'm giving credit.
Speaker 3: Was just no I didn't.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely gave it to you. I know what I know. Yes, taking back the credit.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, no, it went it was bad, it went back up, but it went back.
Speaker 3: I mean I have the proof too. It's actually it's on Wikipedia. You can look at the ratings of every season.
Speaker 2: You sick. Fuck wow.
Speaker 3: You can look at the waitings of every season. And we were like, and I'm not saying it was just me.
Speaker 1: So you knew about ratings for I knew a ratings men, and you knew how Simon was the king. No, Simon was the king, but you know, you were the business. You would go as much as I'm good at business, you're better in certain ways, and so is Romona. You would go to like those parties where the advertisers were, you would get the parts of people, you would network, and then you would know what people were paying for the ads that she's do.
Speaker 3: You know what you knew? I never knew about ad spence. You knew about what was going on. I was trying to get you know, work or do something. That's why.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you knew what the advertising you did, you knew about the advertisers. Maybe that was romonas Okay.
Speaker 3: That's good though I would have thought of it. Maybe I would. You like, she's much much bigger hus than me. She's for that stuff I'm looking for different.
Speaker 1: So they dipped and then I left again, and then they dipped the.
Speaker 3: Big and they never did that again until now where they cleaned the entire shop. Ah, how about this one? Derinda said she was on pause and they put her on pause for all those reasons, and she even went to Bravo Khan and she stood in line with all the fans and said to Andy Cohn, why did you put me on pause? When am I coming off pause?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And nothing changed? You saw Ultimate Girls? Right, nothing changed? It was the same, Derinda. And then she just did Ultimate Girl's trip. So it's the same thing as Ramona. Like they say one thing, but then they do another.
Speaker 2: Right. That's saying Ramona was.
Speaker 1: Taken off the show, presumably for like some comics whatever, but then they put it back on the point is which I'm happy.
Speaker 3: By the way, I don't think I was the only one. First one I was saying, you can't do you cannot do legacy without Ramona.
Speaker 2: No, you do it with anyone else, and you cannot do it.
Speaker 3: You can do without me. You can do that what you can't do without Ramona? Sorry, and for them to even think of doing it. I even said I wouldn't want to do it without her. And then of course she says, you ready for this? Do you know that she did on a podcast she said that what was called Ramona Alice. Ramona said that it was the Loser Show. She says, why would I do it? It's not It's not the Legacy Show, It's the Loser Show.
Speaker 2: And then then she does.
Speaker 1: The show no, because I know, because Rona can't help herself.
Speaker 3: They did not ask her back on the Legacy. They invited me on, but they invited her. Do you know that? Then they invited her on the Legacy the one week, but they didn't invite her for the season one. That's why she called it the loser show.
Speaker 1: She wasn't invited me, and that you can't sanitize a showdown to not reflect actual women in New York like and be just this like perfect picture.
Speaker 3: And also you have editing, by the way, so anything that she said that was inappropriate, they could have cut out. You know that, right?
Speaker 2: Yes, but.
Speaker 1: That's the part they did something bad that she says they want like that.
Speaker 3: I mean they cut out like they bleeped out catch. I mean, I'm just saying, like when they want to, they can do what they want to do.
Speaker 1: They don't want to get sued by catch. There's always gonna be mistakes. They chose the story and the drama, you know, over the being.
Speaker 3: Well anyway, they brought it back, which I'm happy. I think she belongs on my I think it was a good thing, and I think they should bring to Rinda back. I wasn't saying that she should have been put on pause. I'm just saying that they make up what they want to say where they want to say it, and then they do what they want to do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's a responsibility that the network has to not promote arguing between women like we're talking about that.
Speaker 3: I think it has to be arguing. I think women argue.
Speaker 1: I think that no means where are the depths of the woman who was on Beverly Hills and someone's son is being gay bullied online? Fraud and Erica Jane and the exploit to I'm sand is a line like is the line crussed?
Speaker 2: Is it? Has the world changed and you can't act like you're living in a world where me too.
Speaker 3: But I think if you're going to air it, you got to accept the consequences. And you know, no, I'm saying I know that.
Speaker 1: I know that the person who's doing it is saying, I'm doing this.
Speaker 2: I have these reasons to do it.
Speaker 1: But do you think that Bravo as a network has a responsibility to not like be happy when someone falls off the wagon or happy when someone there's a fraud or a prison sentence.
Speaker 3: Like That's why I'm so glad I'm not. I don't know, and I'm glad I'm not a network executive. Like what's happening with Vanda Pumpoules and the girl Rachel who's now and you know that's completely unaware of completely unaware of what happened. I mean, she really had some kind of mental breakdown because you saw she had no affect and she.
Speaker 2: Didn't see it. That was the one that there was cheating with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but she just said all these things and had no remorse. That was the thing is like you do things. Everyone was even Tom Sandoval cried. He was remorseful that he cheated. He had remorse. She had zero effect.
Speaker 1: It was this medium celebrated peril celebrated like I don't know, Like, how do you you know? If you're one thing I said to Paul yesterday, the producer's job to go where the fish are and someone falls off the wagon, they themselves don't know the difference between real and not and not. Okay, because that's why I shoot that, because that's oh that's good.
Speaker 2: You're divorced and.
Speaker 3: Watch the show where you build up, you know, and have a story where you said you want to go right into it that it's boring, So like, yeah, I guess that the producers have to give you what you want if if the audience wants that, you know, kind of a show, you have to give.
Speaker 2: It to Oh no, I don't want the drama.
Speaker 1: I didn't want that. I just didn't need I didn't need to know. So I know what you're saying, to get to know someone, you want to meet their husband.
Speaker 3: I just well, you want to know a little bit about them and get to know them.
Speaker 1: It kind of that's my point. It was a distraction. I didn't get to know any more about them. It was like a distraction. I was like, now getting more to know about the baby.
Speaker 3: You don't even know where the cheese plate went came from?
Speaker 1: Right, But I didn't know any more about that. I wanted to know about them, and I didn't know.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm saying, that's why you have to slow down a minute, like they have to like let us meet them.
Speaker 2: No, I got it. I get that too.
Speaker 1: I just it was I still I knew everything I needed to know about you on the phone.
Speaker 3: I also think I would have done a ninety minute episode. I don't think in hours enough. I think that they should have given us a super sized episode so we can get more and more and more and really get into it. That's like produce ahead, right, get me more into it. That's why they do these like they don't want three episodes. Yeah, okay, Netflix, so whatever, they dropped three episodes or nine out because they want you to like get in.
Speaker 1: So you're remind So let's talk about the medium of television and how it's changed and you're competing with all these other things. Paul and I are doing a mom and pop YouTube series that like you know, with Scotch tape and and staple guns before today, and we'll get I've gotten hundreds of thousands of views. And then you have lu Ane and Sonia do Crappy Lake. They shot for two and a half months, they had an entire crew, they did photoshoots, glossy. They got five hundred thousand viewers. So explain, like, is the is the medium of TV really changes change?
Speaker 3: I think they got picked up. I think they're doing it crappy like.
Speaker 2: They're doing it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so but what does that mean that you're getting It's five hundred thousand beer is good in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Yes, because it's a different because now it's different numbers, because now you've got streaming and every maybe they throw peacock in So five hundred maybe that for Bravo, But now throwing peacock and streaming good and they get that appisode and the repeats and the money. I think it's just changes.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. Okay, good