Speaker 1: Forever.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Hi, Hi, Hi, we are here. We are Queer Sidney. These braids look good. I have to take them all tonight, like the actual the bottom of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the top is like, I look like one of those girls that date black guy black girls.
Speaker 2: I look like a white guy. The type of guy, the type of girl.
Speaker 3: A white guy would who would wear slides in the winter date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you look like a black girl that ain't got no black friends.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the ones that like she'd be like, well, Ashley, she rushes like a white seraries. It's kind of what the exactly everything that you said, Yeah, gamma felt, gamma delta felta or whatever, gama. Yeah, let the gams anyway that the bottoms look great, thank you.
Speaker 2: Length is good. The length is great. It's good.
Speaker 3: But I have to take them out tonight. And so there's that. That's my whole night. But actually no, because when I took it out with you guys, I mean, it's great to have friends that understand, you know, the hair process, that'll help you take your braids out. They'll drag you while they're taking their braids out. It's it's great.
Speaker 2: I would help you take them out today, but I'm going to my mom's house.
Speaker 3: I said, after we do this podcast, I'm going home to get food because she cooked.
Speaker 2: So I bring you play back. That'll be nice.
Speaker 3: Can you talk? I'll take you photos. I'll take photos and send you photos of what she took.
Speaker 2: That'd be nice. I can I also send you a picture so you could show your mom. I'll face time. You want to get to my mother house, that'll be nice. So she's gonna be like, hi, darling, how are you?
Speaker 3: I know she always like gas y like she like she always asks like she I'm your her favorite, which is not true because it's Molly my mother. No, my mother doesn't like the white girl boy and she likes the black girl us. She don't even she'll ask about Molly every once. She was like, how's Molly because you know French people and O L L Y is oh not ah Molly. I'm like, she's I'm like Molly. She's like Molly anyway, Uh, you know you're her favorite. What were you an expert in this week?
Speaker 2: I was an expert in communicating better.
Speaker 3: I was like just trying to be more vocal about how I feel at work, because you know, I care about what I do. Even though I might do shit last minute, or I might drag my feet or might be lazy.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of stuff I do still care.
Speaker 3: So you know, I've been working this job for almost almost nine months now and so a baby. Yes, it's coming towards the end, and you know, I just want to make sure that I put out enough content or have enough things that like when i'm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw your death, your death thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah that wasn't that wasn't my script, but they thought about me and that because.
Speaker 2: You had the most followers, got it? No bit you roue terified?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah no, no, no, no no, because death is my brand.
Speaker 2: Stop it. I talked about that was your thing? Okay cool? Yeah no no no.
Speaker 3: But when they when we pitch stuff, we think about things for other people, and so they thought the person who always want to be pitching, Wow, that's literally my job. I just pitch all day, all night, every day and just everything is a no.
Speaker 2: So it's great.
Speaker 3: I just want to make sure that I leave and I have enough, and so I've just been honest and open about like, hey, you know, i think I'm really good at this and I think I should before whatever is over. I want to make sure that I hit these goals that I have, so hopefully this other thing that I don't want to tell.
Speaker 2: Us any of what any of your goals are.
Speaker 3: Each in the in the job, you're supposed to have a series. And I did a series with like makeup tutorials and with the cat makeup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got canceled.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: You know, it happens. I had a whole thing get canceled. It's fine. Yeah, I survived. Yes, work, I too relate to canceling.
Speaker 3: I too have been canceled. Yeah, I identify as canceled right exactly. My preferred pronouns are canceled.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So you know, everybody's supposed to have a series, so you pitch, pitch, pitch until something's like, oh we can green light that. And I just want to have another series and interview series because that's what I'm good at. I do this podcast for a living, and I feel like I interact well with people. I am not a front facing camera person. I just that's not mine. That's not my facing camera. Oh you don't take pictures. I don't take No, no, no, I don't. You're not behind the camera. You in front of the camera.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no way.
Speaker 3: I don't do the videos where people are characters and then cut it up and edit it and post it.
Speaker 2: That's not me.
Speaker 3: I will talk to the camera to my followers as if like it's happening in real time, like a storyteller.
Speaker 2: But I'm not a crafted like.
Speaker 3: You're not vine Chick exactly, guys, and we're better than that. Sis, Ok, let's not. I'm just saying like, that's not who we are as performers and creators.
Speaker 2: We're better.
Speaker 3: I'm a stand up. I'm a stand up. That's that's who I really am true to and I try to stay to that. But in this program, it's like, oh, you got to try things that you don't do, and so I've learned I want to do something that I'm good at that will show me in the best light. You know. That's just what it is. I try to do the makeup to draw that's not me.
Speaker 2: I'm not a YouTuber. I don't that's not for me. So no, but that doesn't mean that the videos weren't good.
Speaker 3: That this means that, you know, the people who watch those videos, it wasn't for them.
Speaker 2: That's all Actually a lot of people liked it.
Speaker 3: It's just that's what I'm saying. They just didn't have the numbers that they wanted. Which if you kept doing it, that's all that matters. If you did them, separate since you could always just start a YouTube, you know, you could become one of those people that at.
Speaker 4: This age friend that girl that stole Marybeth's jokes was YouTuber was crazy. She stole Marybeth's joke, you know, the joke about like the index fingerworking.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on.
Speaker 3: Her name is Lily Sang and she has has a show, has a show, she has writers, so she did not steal the joke.
Speaker 2: The wroter.
Speaker 3: The writers were in a room and somehow got married Beth's joke.
Speaker 2: I mean mainly comedians in the room, the writing room anyway. So do we know them pull up this? Probably people who pull up the deadline, pull up the IMDb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who works on that show? So she did it on the showy and performed it terribly.
Speaker 2: It was bad. It was really bad.
Speaker 3: It was like the delivery was off, Oh your singer does work? It was yeah, oh you know Mary Beth.
Speaker 2: Joe, No, I know, I was watching the set. But lucky for Mary Beth.
Speaker 3: The video is on from Clusterfest is on YouTube, yes, and it was it's been up from Yeah, it's been up from over the summer. And she's been doing that joke since I've known her, right, well, she did it at the Unofficial Expert Live that we did at the Ludlow House Work Work.
Speaker 2: Also she's doing an official Expert live tomorrow.
Speaker 3: At Union Hall Baby Baby, October twelve. Okay, wow, yeah, so somebody tagged they tagged Mary Beth in it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Somebody sent it to her and then she posted it. It's a whole thing. Oh wow, it's fine. What were you an expert in? I was an expert at getting play let's talk about it. So I was like, I'm going home. I was like, I need to get my hair cut, right. I was like, I'm gonna go get a cut that This guy that I went to high school with is a barber. He like works at a hair salon. I was like, I'm gonna have him do it. He's like good, And I was like, I asked him if he was available. He's not available. So I was like, I just cut my hair before I go to my mother's house. And so I was. I walked to a barber shore. I just googled barbershop. No, I mean you don't do that.
Speaker 2: A googled barbershop? Would you do that? Would you do? Just google a hair saline, just go to a hairslign.
Speaker 3: I just need somebody, didn't me with a just men talk about this all the time. You can't just go to any barber because well, let's talk about it. So I walked to this place. It was like a Dominican place. I was like, I'm gonna go there because they'd be doing shape up tape ups fades, you know, Dominic They're gonna give me, They're gonna give me a.
Speaker 2: Lightning boat beard. So I went. The place was closed.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, well, I guess I'm gonna go to this other place, like this black place the other direction.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, I'm gonna go see the niggas. I'm support black business.
Speaker 3: After the Dominicans. It was closed so like they they weren't even in there. The gate was closed, like everything he was closed. So I go to this black spot. There's a man standing outside and I'm.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, do you work here?
Speaker 3: I just want to get my hair cut, and he was like, yeah, I work here, get you a cut. I was like, y'all take y'all take cards and he was like yeah, we did cards and I was like, oh great. So I walk in first mistake. Then he was outside. That means he's not working nothing. He had no clients, no bookings, no Nathan's am I walk in? We walk in together and there there wasn't There are two other barbers in the shop. One of them was working, the other one was on his phone. I should have just went to the one that was working and been like, hey, can you squeeze me enough of this dude? But I was walking in behind this. So he's like, well, how low do you want it? What do you want it to look like? I was like, I want the whole thing.
Speaker 2: To be lower. I want like a little bit of a fade, like a tiny fade. And show me no pictures.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I showed him no photos because don't ever be prepared. Okay.
Speaker 3: So he's like all right, cool. So he starts and it already feels different because when I shaved my head, the person who when I first cut my hair off two months ago, At this point, I feel like the guy that did it was this old black man who's been cutting hair for like thirty plus years. He's like spraying it, he's combing it wet, he's brushing it with a hard brust like he was doing this stuff. This guy he just like combed it dry a little bit. And then was like, all right, so what left? And he was like and it was like it wasn't And then I'm like, oh, well, was it too late to tell you that? I want to point in the back and he's like, oh, point, not a problem.
Speaker 2: He's too confident.
Speaker 3: I'm not a problem, a diamond in the back. Let me see God, bitch, yo give you at all right.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 3: And then I got home and we got but it's not even. The length is not even anyway, I was in the mirror like he didn't even try. Since she went to jail and got your shape. I could have, literally I could have done this with like my venus. I could have nerved this haircut. You could have used your billy, I could have used my exactly. I could have done better by myself anyway.
Speaker 2: So it was crazy.
Speaker 3: And then I left and I was like, I will never I mean, I put a hat on and walked out, but I was like, I will never do this again, Like I'm gonna go to other people's barbers, like people who like, oh my barber is on third Alve and you'll come see.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do that since your hair journey hilarity, I know, but also like I feel like I look better with it lower.
Speaker 3: And I understand now why men get shape ups before they do stuff, because it because I used to be like, it looks the same, but now like I feel like it looks better so that you look fantastic.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You have the face for every thing, thank you for anything, but not for this point though I don't have the girl.
Speaker 2: And he tried. He didn't even not try. He didn't even try. He was very lazy.
Speaker 3: He was like it was just anyway, fine, you know what, We're gonna pick this up because our next guest, Yeah, he's all about.
Speaker 2: A point, all right, he is on a point. He's on points well, I mean, his outfit today is not really we're gonna drag him, but not yet, not yet, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 3: They ring him up. We raised him up to bring down anyway, this guest first of all, all time fave. He's back he's okay, we're repeating guests now, repeating guest only the ones that we like, yes, and the ones that you guys, you got to have him back, And y'all were like, this person has to be back.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he is a fucking star celebrity. Like he's blowing the hell up.
Speaker 3: I'm always impressed and inspired whenever I see him on I think of all the friends that we have, this is the friend that will most likely get the egoch. He will get it or as close to the ego. Absolutely, and I'll be outside trying to get into the party. But like, you're not on the list. This guest so amazing. He's busy. He's our busy expert. Yes, give it up.
Speaker 2: For Larry Owen. Yeah, baby, hello here for the intro.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was so sweet. But like I know that I'm about to get absolutely dragged.
Speaker 3: And you showed up in white shorts and sandals and your legs are white.
Speaker 2: These are my pajamas, like pajama yamas? Yeah you sleeping all?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: Lisa's so rich.
Speaker 1: It's the idea of just like, oh, I just like threw on some like house clothes.
Speaker 2: To come outside. That's not how house close.
Speaker 1: We know, I know, but it's the studio.
Speaker 2: I'm not even going to talk about your feet.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you're the Bunyan queen, so please let's fight. No, you listen to the podcast, bitch, So I have the receipts to go shot for shot with any of you. Okay, I have one long to your way by flexibility, So like as a size.
Speaker 3: Sis, you can go to a sun on and they will literally you walked by a salon on the way here. Honey, you have an intern she needs to work.
Speaker 1: You said it correctly. I walked right by a slot.
Speaker 2: I wanted that.
Speaker 1: I haven't thought about asking like a white person to cut this toenail because I just need the one. It's just the big toenail, Like.
Speaker 2: Why are you gonna wait till Black History Month?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm like, honestly, I'm getting my fucking like keegels up and I'm gonna be why is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: But the other toes are not the same length as.
Speaker 2: Why is that the one?
Speaker 1: You can't read because it's the big toast of the mass of it. It like it requires like a you know what I mean? But this isn't what I came here for.
Speaker 2: Okay, because you're busy.
Speaker 1: The point of my outfit is that if you're not on set, you're not on set. This is a podcast. This is an auditory medium. So they can't see me when I'm on set. They're lotioning my legs. If we're gonna see my feet, then that's the white person a hack, just the big town.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you he was I'm gonna be humble. He's like, when I'm not on set, I'm not.
Speaker 2: It's because you bragged.
Speaker 1: You came actually like punching in the first right after the intro.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay, well we're gonna step back. Yes, you have been here before.
Speaker 1: Happy to be here.
Speaker 2: We love here.
Speaker 1: This is a glow up for it.
Speaker 2: This is a glow up for we were at your house, marine at my old house, I know.
Speaker 1: And now we got hp A universe. You know, it's amazing like to like, you know, listen to hp A on your podcast.
Speaker 2: He is a host. Now it's the third host now had producer Andrew.
Speaker 1: I'm honored to be here. But yeah, don't come from.
Speaker 3: My well, let's talk about your work. You've been busy, you know, you just closed a little play that like, yeah, a strange loop. We talked about several times. I know, a strange.
Speaker 1: Loop and masters would love this show. Yeah that was. That was like the summer that sort of like started like the true like Busy Expert was you know doing that like it's eight shows.
Speaker 2: Will tell us a little bit about what the show was about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I played usher, not that usher, but I later Yeah, I let him burn. I played an usher at the Lion King who was a composer writing the musical that you're watching. So it was like meta theatrical, funny, heartwarming like it went often. It was a musical, So I was singing. I didn't leave the stage the other time it was a two hour yeah, yeah, I would like walk up to the stage and then be like this is the last thing I'm going to see before I come down. Yes, yeah, and it's just going to be like a blur.
Speaker 3: So now, so when you perform a two hour play live show, yeah, are you nervous about remembering stuff or the order of things or do you just kind of I mean.
Speaker 1: The good thing about like the Legit Theater, which that was, which is like different than like like calm it was like you they have a rehearsal process, so like we were in there like making sure we had the time and space to really like make it like second scan kind of like you're breathing through it. Like it's just like dumb, like like I'm just like at the point of my life where like I'm young enough, I'm dumb enough, like I like have the energy like somehow to do it. So we're just cashing it in. We did like three weeks of rehearsal, then we go to like technical rehearsals on stage. Yeah, so like how.
Speaker 2: Long did it take you to remember the whole scrip?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just doing it on my feet. So like my process is to like.
Speaker 3: You know, on my feet. That meant he wasn't doing no homework. Yeah, clothes outside, doing no homework.
Speaker 1: As you know, like when I leave the rehearsal room, I'm going to the comedy club. So it's like and then it's like ten o'clock PM. You need eight hours just like to of rest to sing. So like you know, it really like when I'm in the room, I'm in the room, and then I leave the room and I do what else is in the next room.
Speaker 3: You were constantly busy, and you were run ripping the streets with me as well, and you were prepping for this musical that I had no idea was going to be as big as it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, because let's talk about who was showing up to the like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Porter, emmy Winter Tour editor and the show problematic Franco passed through Alicia Silverstone like and I would just like walk up like towards the end of it, like once, like like saying was sending like I didn't know it was going to be ahead. I knew that it was the best piece of writing that you could possibly like sit and listen to. I was like your TV right now, I would do my little play play. I knew that the play was fire. And I'm just so happy that like the white literati of New York.
Speaker 3: Received its silverstone. Like when was the time you saw Herman begins like I'm here, She's just out at the play, not vaccinating hookids.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: That was like how like after the show, like how she approached each of us Like normally people would be like they walk and be like you're whatever, tay something about the show, Alicia. She was wearing all white as I was at the time after July fourth of my uniform like a nerse or a bride. So I was in my all white. She's in her all white. She glides up.
Speaker 2: To me, glides white women in my face.
Speaker 1: And what she does is she waits for you to recognize her and say the first words. Interesting. Yeah. She did it to everyone like she's every single place yeah yeah, like yeah, and everyone likes had the same story. And then I watched it happen, like, so.
Speaker 2: What do you say, Oh, hey, yeah, can I.
Speaker 1: Well, because first you're like, okay, you know what I mean. It's off Broadway Theater. So he's like, oh, here's another white woman, like you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, not about my black as playing. No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't assume that a celebrity would never. I think we already have the nerve because they would they wouldn't want somebody to do that to them. No, But he's saying because she she comes up and just stands there and waits. So for a second you're just like, what.
Speaker 1: Is this late? Yeah, this woman and woman and then she gets into the zone a focus where you're like, oh, this is Alicia. And then I don't know if I would recognize her right off the bed exactly, which is what she loves. And I think that's part of it, is that a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of space, that moment of like.
Speaker 1: That's just you literally just did it. You literally just I didn't Lynn Lynn while Miranda came. I think he's close to the egot. Yeah. Yeah, he loved the show.
Speaker 2: And I had so many people people. I mean when I went there.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Like it was like it was it was absurd, It was stupid. It was absurd.
Speaker 2: And how long did the show run for?
Speaker 1: I don't think we're out there like said and done, like eight weeks and it was so every time. Yeah, over one hundred performances, like that's like I.
Speaker 3: Paid real deal seats, you know, listen. I bought tickets and then there was.
Speaker 1: A blackout, the Broadway blackout.
Speaker 3: The Broadway blackout, and I jumped in an eighty six dollars uber.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know how much you've been.
Speaker 3: It was so much money because I was like, I gotta, I gotta get in, because it was because it was a search because nothing was running nothing. It was very important to see you, and it was just it was great as like just watching because you know, I don't really go to theater or anything like that.
Speaker 2: That's not my thing.
Speaker 3: But I went and as like just watching it and also being your friend, I was like, what the fuck you were giving a thousand percent on stage and I was like, Wow, this.
Speaker 2: Is for you.
Speaker 1: This is what It's a different thing than like the comedy clubs, a different thing than like the personality driven stuff, like acting like is a craft, like it is is a rigger and.
Speaker 2: It's a craft that we had that book at all.
Speaker 1: But the thing is and then on cameras like a completely different craft. And like I just got fucking like beat up, like I got trial by fired, Like coming off of the show, all these cool people came connected me into sort of this like you know, next slot of the of the of the you know career. Yeah, and so like you know, then I'm on set like acting opposite these greats.
Speaker 3: And the play play done, play and then where you what happens the play?
Speaker 1: Okay, so the night of the blackout, then from High Maintenance was there, who plays the guy? And so I'm gonna be on the mean on the next season, So like I shot that and then yeah, so like that was like and it was like an involved thing, like and da, I can't really go into it. And I'm like, but just in terms of like, you know, you have two hundred people in an audience off Broadway. I know how to stand in a room. I know how to like you know, I know, I know to be in a room. Yeah, then that camera it's just a piece of glass. It's a fucking machine. It doesn't have a soul. But like, and on the other side of that is millions of people, you know what I mean. Like I said that, you know what I mean, So just shift that and like so I was really like, yeah.
Speaker 3: There's something there is something scarier about it almost because right, we can get on stage in front of hundreds of people and tell jokes that we wrote in our living room, but naked. You're being control of that. But when it comes to like being filmed, there's twelve people in the room and one camera.
Speaker 2: You stuttering. My whole thing is about My whole thing is the edit.
Speaker 3: What the edit is you can do because you do a couple of rounds or whatever whatever they want to put together, that's.
Speaker 2: What they put together. That's what you're nervous about. That's what I'm nervous about.
Speaker 1: Most times.
Speaker 3: It's like whenever I'm like, oh, this went really well, I really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: Then I see the end the result of it, I'm like, what the how? What is this?
Speaker 1: The opposite? Like I kind of like everyone on the on the HBO set like they were amazing and like.
Speaker 2: You heard that the.
Speaker 1: Artisans like they like love what they're making there HBO. So it was just like amazing to sort of like release it being like Okay, I'm just gonna I'm gonna trust my director, give him everything. I got lots of different, you know, takes on it. And then some you know, a person who loves their job editing is gonna make it. You know, they're gonna put the music behind you know. It's like so yeah, well yeah, I can't wait to see it. It's going to be putting ship fucking in the can that film speak for just you know, filming it.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. It's truly amazing.
Speaker 3: I think for me, when I do stuff on camera, I'm nervous, like I don't want to look bad in front of the six people who are in the room, and don't let there be a teleprompter all of a sudden, I forget how to read, and I forget how to breathe and read, and I'd be like, just it's not good, which is crazy that Maria is saying that, because you know, we've worked together for so many years. Yes, but something about reading a teleprompter to camera it's hard.
Speaker 2: I'll be like, I forget how to breathe. Yeah, and I'll be I'll bet I'll be at a at the end of the thing and be.
Speaker 1: Like, it's just so.
Speaker 3: When I watched you on your show, I was like, Marie is really fucking doing it? Oh yeah, because I was like, it's only seven people watching this is I forgot after a.
Speaker 1: While, I was forging it's the energy that like that you have to give on camera, Like I think that I like him Like that was like, you know, late July, like early August, and I was like, you know, going showing to work scarcely not you know what I mean, Like didn't like, you know how to reset because you keep doing it. And then by the time I was like I wrapped the film like a couple of weeks ago, I was just like.
Speaker 2: You wrapped you in a film.
Speaker 3: I saw the play for a hundred Nights in a row with at least and then the HBO and then let's talk about this film that you just yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Toastral Schielsen. He directed. Isn't it romantic? It's like a mindfulness comedy called Silent Retreat or like Dysfunctional Friend Group and my mom and like we go up to a silent retreat and you know, try to get our trying to get our meditation retreat.
Speaker 3: I feel like I read for that. I didn't book. This is just that I didn't Okay, okay, So yeah, where did you shoot?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We were. We were upstate for like four weeks. So I was just like like on this like beautiful, like beautiful what do.
Speaker 2: We even call it?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like retreat center, Like there's where they have weddings like these she weddings. It's like off the grid, some goop things. It was some Goop things.
Speaker 2: So it looks very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we goop and we goop. Yeah. Loraine Tussng she played tasties like Foster mother on Orange. You know her? She? Yes, you know French French you know Lorraine song yeah her, yeah, we all know. Yeah. She was my mom. Isabella Rossolini, like iconic, like was like the meditation leader who I had all my scenes with him, like them, I'm like addicted to my phone. I'm a millennial like and then she's like, calm down, but I got to learn from her. Like it's just like whenever we weren't rolling, you know, I was just like, you know.
Speaker 2: Just talking.
Speaker 3: I'm getting like little goosebumps because I feel like more of this is gonna happen for everybody in this room maybe and enthralled.
Speaker 1: It's just like we still go to work and like the work is different, and like we just like learn and grow like the same way that you know. I've like I watched you guys do last year was my first year in comedy. I like watch you set's like that I was able to be like, no, wait, I like it. I like how raw these girls are. I like the spirit of what they do. I like how they be the command and and and the content of what you're talking about. And so like just learning and shifting and growing.
Speaker 3: But you know what's cool about that is everybody had a first movie. Everyone had their first time on set, right, think about it, right, Because.
Speaker 2: Meryl Streep didn't just start out as Meryl Streep.
Speaker 3: She had a first time that she was you know, she was freaking her lines and she was messing up or whatever. And then, like you know, every and the people that we watch, a lot of these actors, we'd be judging them because a lot of them can't really act and they keep getting movie.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at you, Johnny Depp, But you think Johnny Depp can act? How dare you? Before saying Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 1: It's because you have this j Loo Hustlers thing in your mouth that we like, literally.
Speaker 2: Done, Jennifer. Jennifer Lopez really can't act.
Speaker 1: Though she was great in Hustlers.
Speaker 2: It's not just crying.
Speaker 1: It's not just Meryl Street.
Speaker 2: It's not crying. You don't have to cry to be a good act Meryl Street.
Speaker 3: But Jlo's acting like I'm like, sis, I don't care about you in this movie.
Speaker 2: I just want you to get.
Speaker 3: I don't believe that you are a stripper. I could not even believe that she was a stripper. Just make Cardi be the lead and leave me alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree, Okay, that's that.
Speaker 4: On that Andrew, I thought Constant Swoove is honestly better. Cost I still liked Jennifer Low, Constance.
Speaker 3: Woo and them thin ass eyebrows. I was like, what is that?
Speaker 2: Was that the right pick for the movie? Yeah, well I remember felt wrong.
Speaker 4: I don't like at all when Constance we went off on Twitter complaining about that her show got renewed and never one was like, you're being a bitch, Constance Wood. But I finally like got it when I saw her in this, I was like, you are a good actress and you shouldn't be fresh at the boat?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah? I mean at the end. Then I'm happy for Constance always. It was really fun. Tweet by Roxanne Gay It is basically like saw Hustlers liked it a lot like like j Lo, what's your workout routine? Constance Wood needs to work on her craft.
Speaker 2: And I believe I believe in that as well. How do you go from crazy rich Asians to hustlers? Was she the main chicken crazy Asians?
Speaker 3: I could not see past her eyebrows and hustlers? It was legit like six hairs. I was like, and the bang It was like, remember when Beyonce you had the meltdown and Shans do That's.
Speaker 2: What Constance bangs looked like.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's not anybody that can do hair on the set Jlo.
Speaker 2: The whole budget went to j Lo hair and makeup. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just the crazy thing for me is that, Larry, you are a great actor, and you know, like not just film theater.
Speaker 2: You know what great acting is.
Speaker 3: And so for you to sit up here and say Jennifer Lopez and Hustlers was great, just say you enjoy you know you want to see her in Vegas, Yeah, say that she's a great performer on stage.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see her in a movie.
Speaker 3: I also don't want to I want to see her in a song. I'll just stalk her on Instagram. I also don't want to see her performing at like a Motown tribute thing as well. You know, somebody was like, hey, I got some tickets to see j LO at BAM. I don't know how you could sit up here and watch Selena on repeat and then watch Hustlers and be like, yeah, this is great.
Speaker 2: She was good and something.
Speaker 3: She's fantastic Selena, but she had that was her first film and she had something to prove. Yeah, she embodied Selena. She did not embody a strippers. I'm sorry No, she's lazy. She I don't think she tried to get lazy.
Speaker 1: That pole dance to my girl, she pulled danced one time, one song.
Speaker 2: And that scene. That's the only time. That's the only time she did know then she had the criminal thing.
Speaker 1: The thing is, the thing is you're saying that she's not a credible stripper. You don't want to see a stripper be a credible actor like you that authenticity that you want, Like, I think that, like we're better off having an actress of Jaylo's caliber. Yes, having an authentic stripper like like pull off this major Hollywood film.
Speaker 3: Yes, Moore and strip tease as a stripper more than Jennifer Lopez and hustlers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand what you're saying. And yeah, you're being really nuanced and let you have your voice, Jack Mae.
Speaker 2: Okay, as a black woman. Well, we're not gonna do it silence.
Speaker 1: As a former nightlife waitress, I won't overspeak your experiences in the front lines and the trenches.
Speaker 3: You're busy, Let's move on.
Speaker 2: Not too busy. He's always he's always free for that same.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you space. I'm succeeding the floor.
Speaker 2: This is he said, he said, go ahead and reclaim me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't even know how we got to j Lo, but like, why do we talk about that movie?
Speaker 1: First film? I don't know acting Tea on camera Tees.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, didn't you also work with the guy from the Stripes. It was his name, Jack white.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not the White Stripes. So this is this is British comic Jack Whitehall from Netflix.
Speaker 2: Netflix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he Jack white called me though we love soon had great Home for Silent Retreat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Jack white Hall is the lead of it. He's amazing shows on Netflix. He's Travels with my Father and and his specials. And then the lead girl with Sarah Goldberg from Barry. She is not made for an Emmy. So like after like she wrapped, she was like, I'm going to the Emmys. She's Canadian, but like also like British, like I love to see it.
Speaker 2: Which accent is she saying? Said?
Speaker 1: She was saying it all Yeah, she's like a boot and then also Si, yeah, but lovely girl, great actress. Yeah, I love it. We were holding it down. Dennis Hayes birth the all steak guy, you know, and Gucci and gold I was just him.
Speaker 3: I never said it to him, not him. Wasn't he also the was he in waiting to but who couldn't have sex?
Speaker 2: He was? He was bad at sex. He was bad at sex. But he was the one that was dating Whitney Houston.
Speaker 3: No, he was married or something, but he was on top of her and she was just like No, I thought that was the other dude.
Speaker 2: So many.
Speaker 1: Was sleeping with.
Speaker 2: The young, the young, young, young chick.
Speaker 3: There were so many bad anyway, Larry, what's your dream gig if you could do, if you could do film or TV or music, what would be the thing that you'd want to do.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just like I feel like I like, I feel like I'm in the dream. I feel like the opportunity to like work like with like yes, not.
Speaker 2: Being diplomatic, just pretend to stop it.
Speaker 1: No, I mean strangely was a triumph. I will love you that bro. I feel like like being a musical performers like my calling and ye other stuff is like fun like you know, little like stuff in the holster. It's like like got a like a writing wand like Cynthia Revo. Yes, yeah, yeah, so I would like I would just like love to do the show and have like a bunch of people come and see it experience it, because I felt like that show we were entertaining people but also changing lives, like giving voice to like black, queer black people, queer people like people who and it wasn't just those groups who identify with the show. Everyone did because the writing was.
Speaker 2: So good, but everybody factly who like.
Speaker 1: People who need a voice and like these these like beautiful trans kids who like are finding the recording that came out last week number two on iTunes and like.
Speaker 3: Yeah what iTunes number.
Speaker 1: Two and like so it's like they're finding the show and they're like finding ways to have a voice and being a representative of that was. It's hard, but it was cool.
Speaker 2: So wait, it's a it's an off Broadway.
Speaker 1: It was off probably that's what.
Speaker 2: But you are hoping that it will move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, time will tell.
Speaker 2: There's still you know, they're still like working.
Speaker 1: Room in the season. People are working. We have a sold out album release concert happening in two weeks.
Speaker 2: But yeah, can you put us on the list.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we all work work the magic Okay.
Speaker 3: I want Yeah, we don't even need to take a corner a little corner of a seat to share, you know, we'll put us in the put us about a service bar.
Speaker 2: See what they say, This is the eleven.
Speaker 1: So that's going to be on Monday. We're doing the concert and yeah, and we'll see, we'll see. Probablys about real estate, it's about like like literally four theater owners, you know what I mean, they they decide, you know.
Speaker 3: So how many theaters are there?
Speaker 1: I don't really know at this point, probably somewhere around like upper twenties.
Speaker 3: Twenty six theaters and four people own twenty six theaters. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and they have so much money. But I heard in like theaters they're not getting paid that well, yeah, they don't pay the actors that much.
Speaker 1: It's there are lots of different systems, like in broadways, a commercial system offer always a non profit system, and then broways commercials I'm being politically.
Speaker 2: They might bestening.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Oh I've been absolutely checked from a Forever Dog podcast before. Yes, really yeah, yeah, Like I was like, you have the theater people, they pay attention when you say something off. We're obsessed. But it's okay, And that's like what's weird to like last you become a comic and like never wanting to toe the line as an actor and then suddenly like having to have these opinions you know what I mean in order to like get like it's crazy. It's like to toe this line of like am I speaking truth to power as a comic? Am I like someone who you know stands on my pussy and what I represent in my platform? Or am I like someone who hopes to take on rolls and shift?
Speaker 3: And do you think that being on a podcast, like you can't say what you want if you want to be in the industry, or I can't say what I.
Speaker 1: Want I mean, And it's like if the fun is like deciding like like what is important to me to be Like you know, we obviously never want to punch down. We obviously never want to you know, like we're not doing.
Speaker 2: That punching down.
Speaker 1: But it's like what, like, yeah, what is the line of candor being candidates for me?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: It's like these people give you jobs, right, and then there's people who want to get jobs, and there's people who want to create jobs and do something more than that. So like for me, I'll be on a podcast and I'm like, oh, I want to be honest and like, oh it's such.
Speaker 2: And such my hear this.
Speaker 3: But it's like, well, if you don't like what I'm saying, I know that I'm still going to work, yes, And if I have to watch everything I say in order to get a job, then it's like what am I doing?
Speaker 1: Thing is that's like a comedian's privilege, Like and that's like what I love about comedy.
Speaker 3: Or that used to be a comedian's privilege, because now like stuff that people have tweeted and things that people said years ago, it's still like.
Speaker 1: There's Kathy Griffin, like she got nationally canceled, but because she's the.
Speaker 3: Audience you heard it here first on the pods, because she has a fucking flock of like gay men who will like you know, pay her cash money to see her performing an alley.
Speaker 1: She's gonna make her rent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's never not gonna make rent.
Speaker 1: She's gonna get yelled down fifty second Street. I'm doing a showing to alley. The guys are gonna tell each other and they're gonna pay her cash. Yeah, but you know who's not gonna come. Andy Cohen so.
Speaker 3: Anderson Cooper also won't be there because they dropped her from the New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: Show quick and you know the New Year's cute. Why did they do that?
Speaker 1: You old old, this is no.
Speaker 2: She something with Donald Trump, something about killing him or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they were.
Speaker 1: Like taste, tasteless image.
Speaker 2: She like she held like a severed head or something, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't come for me.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to get anyway. So she yeah, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, y'all have Google.
Speaker 2: Yah, yesterday, he'd be busy. He can't get back.
Speaker 3: Nothing, literally nothing anyway, So she lost out on a New Year's Eve check.
Speaker 2: And you know that time square New Years check is millions. You know it's millions. It's NBC like big Money.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 2: Honey, It's gonna happen. I feel it.
Speaker 3: They're gonna break up the Black It's gonna be one of us is gonna be in the in the warmth with Anderson Cooper and the other one it's gonna be. It's gonna be on the Streetda. I don't do cold. Look, I don't look good in a parka, so neither do I. They're gonna make that little boy looks cold.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, in these times of global warming, it's gonna be a cool seventy two.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have on all white. Yeah, what you think?
Speaker 3: I saw people wearing Montclair jackets this morning. What's a Montclair an expensive thousanddly bubble like thirteen hundred dollars bubble coat. Yeah, it's insanity. It's a bubble a puffer jacket. Okay, but they're expensive because I don't know jay Z wears.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's like, oh, okay, how much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like tokay some of them. But for the moment, you could get some that's like thirteen thirteen. It's done.
Speaker 3: That's a couch. That's that's what's your first big purchase, because I know you get in checks.
Speaker 2: Now, what's good. Let's talk about the literally, I'm like a coat sounds.
Speaker 1: It was like.
Speaker 2: That why you were asking, you're like a month.
Speaker 1: Claire the coat? Like I mean I was last year. I was like doing readings and like you know and doing the slots and like you know, I wasn't on set, so I was wearing a Kmart you know, camel coat that was they had a nice link to it, and it hit you can make a silhouette work honey like.
Speaker 3: You were you were?
Speaker 2: That was a Kmark came camel.
Speaker 1: You know. I wore two dance because the weather is so Larry. Yeah, we need you to Okay, I don't know I'm gonna buy the Montclair, but I do need like I need a winter coat, cheek, something that's like shows that I'm young and not a grandpa, but also isn't like has.
Speaker 2: A good silhouette.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like if I'm because you dressed like that, but it is sitting. Yeah, I thought you put a coat on your butt. It's like go pop it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I like to dress down a lot, so I still need to be able to go into a coffee shop and have them respect.
Speaker 3: You could go to Bloomingdale's, get you in like nice little like Andrew Mark or Mark Andrew one of them jackets.
Speaker 2: It's like and it's nice, but it's like played down.
Speaker 1: But is it for big boy or maybe big girl? I feel like I need to get a big girl coat because I wanted to be stylish and they don't make anything.
Speaker 2: So you got to go to Asos. Yeah that's not.
Speaker 3: It'll look good though. We love as Yes, we love it, but I've also never worn an Aso's coat out in the winter time.
Speaker 2: That like, yeah, I mean no, I had like I had a nation M coat. You had that pink coat that you got from Aso's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that wasn't like a warm you mean, it's not like a hop in the Uber coat. It's not a Subway platform coat or an Upstate coat.
Speaker 3: That's not an upt coat. That's what you're looking for. Yeah, so that's gonna be your first big purchase.
Speaker 2: A puffer.
Speaker 1: Not a puffer. I don't need the bigger silhouette now. I feel like I need a toggle picoat with a hood. I don't know, a picoat with a hood, not bravery, but like you know, and that's in that bay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well slide in Larry's d M s.
Speaker 3: If y'all got like coat hookups and whatnot, tell them what nice coat for.
Speaker 2: Like something that would fit, like something cute that Lizzo would wear b W Yeah.
Speaker 1: Think Lizzo on a rainy day in England like for te.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's it.
Speaker 4: I think down Hello music video she's bringing a huge fur jacket about Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wanted, but I want the list.
Speaker 2: I feel like that would wear like a dark trench. Yeah, should get that.
Speaker 1: To get to exactly, which is why the price point.
Speaker 2: Is not you know maybe or an olive green you know a moment, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because one should be like sort of like the rain trench and the other should be uh winter. Yeah, yeah, we love to see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, but that's a music video, that's right. I don't know if you guys know that he has a podcast what makes You Sing Yes?
Speaker 1: Every fucking week like great subscriber review, comment subscribe. I think you'll be able to hear the extra ladies on the pot. It's just a fucking universe universe.
Speaker 3: I also love that when my friends do well, they like pay for stuff for.
Speaker 2: Me at the diner. We'll talk about that moment just a little.
Speaker 3: It's a little. It's fine, don't you clean in. It's just like Solomon Georgia who was on the podcast.
Speaker 2: He has no problem.
Speaker 3: He was a rich expert, I know.
Speaker 1: But he's the rich expert. I'm just busy.
Speaker 2: But you're busy and you make it some money.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking about New Coats, were not it's not Montclair, but it's also not yes, and.
Speaker 2: You have to speak them into a universe like Hallow yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the Sundays at the net, you know, you go to the diner. I actually that was a really fun moment because you know, there are moments last year I would be like, I was like, you just have to do this. I was like, you just have to take care of this because I am going to eat and I'm ordering two entrees. I like, if I'm coming, I have to get hash Browns and like.
Speaker 2: Breakfast burrito.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm getting fries, and you must pay so that I'll be able to be like, hey, let me take care of let me do this a little pert dem I'm this a little pretty wash and y'all are both. It's definitely and a skinny. Mina was in a hungring. But it was a small table so it wasn't a true stunt.
Speaker 2: But I mean, how many people did you want at the table?
Speaker 1: No, I'm happy with the stunt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I loved it.
Speaker 3: It was just the three of us.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't have been a stunt.
Speaker 3: No, you would have been like this this is all you and I'd be like, well, let's just all put our cards down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody is twenty. It feels good. It feels good when you you.
Speaker 3: Know, working and you feel like you can pay for a few people that are in your life. It's like it's I want to.
Speaker 1: Be so busy. I was so like going because I also shot for Apple TV for this new show for kids. So like I'm obsessed with it because like my knees will think that I'm cool now, like my wait, so mon he doesn't give a fuck about a strange loop. But like when just sees me with fucking Cody the helpster, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: It drops and know them, but like you know it'll be as a kids show.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I was like doing like I was racing from set to set and like doing like waiting for this album to come out, and I was just like wanting to be like in Brooklyn with my friends and like it's just like you FaceTime your friends. It was really nice to be the.
Speaker 3: Contracts come in, I'll be like a friend, I'm gonna have to see you when I see you, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, sending my love.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When when Marie was working, I was lucky if I see her at the end of the week. She not responded to sending my love.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's like, girl, I see you at the pod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you know the time the schedule shifted and it was like, hey, girl, what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Just look at that little job.
Speaker 1: That's really freelance life. It's like, yeah, it's meloriously next to you're literally like doing the podcast.
Speaker 2: But you know this it keeps you know, it keeps us humble.
Speaker 1: But this is the legacy now.
Speaker 3: But also like this is we're at the bag ginning of our careers and I feel good about it, like it can only be better than this, And think about how bad it was last year when you couldn't get the city to pay for but now it's only gonna get because we survived that.
Speaker 2: I was trying to figure I was like, wait, how did you pay for you too? I didn't know job.
Speaker 3: I was like, who paid for that?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to figure out not to speak on.
Speaker 3: Okay, right right, right right, but yeah, I mean we do have to think about how far we've come. Oh no, no, no, no, I got it now now.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, okay, got it. Oh. I was like, oh who pay got it?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Anyway? The nit paid then paid the factory. Yeah I forgot that. We get paid there. Yeah, shout out to the.
Speaker 1: To the folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to the Nitting Factory every Sunday at nine pm. That's where we be at.
Speaker 3: A lot of people who listen to this podcast show up and sometimes they don't say anything to us.
Speaker 2: They'll just message us like, hey, I I couldn't come up to you guys, but too nervous.
Speaker 3: Shonge behavior we love, but also we stand for like the attractive folks that pop up and they're like yes, big, and we're like, you listen to us. And if you're listening and you love this episode with Larry, you need to listen to his code switching episode, which was phenomenal. I mean, it's everything that you needed in an hour about Larry. You gave us a monologue at some.
Speaker 1: Point you did going absolutely gave us.
Speaker 2: I don't bet you dragged at all.
Speaker 1: She needed she needed. We don't really go political, but yes.
Speaker 2: No, I love that you went that way. And yes, so you should listen to that episode.
Speaker 3: And just if you listen, if you see Larry give him that same energy, oh my god, we love you.
Speaker 2: Follow his as he needs to get to ten k he wants to get ten kow.
Speaker 1: Now, oh my god, I'm in like five comma we need change an get over there.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you didn't repost? Not this, I'll do winter.
Speaker 1: Didn't you posted, Titus reposted, They were all reposting, Like I just tell me what you want out of my content? Do you do you want to?
Speaker 2: Don't you talk like that if you do not photo shoot photoshow?
Speaker 1: What do I do mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, like what the you don't follow Larry?
Speaker 3: That is racist and homophobic, But I don't want to hear that ship you you picked that phobic? You follow him immediately? He gives you nothing but content and he's what celebrities.
Speaker 1: Also, it's a great stories account as you'd like stories and check those. If you don't like stories, mute it. You can follow and mute. It's still my number. Yeah mute. Okay, thirteen thousand people saw Strange Lou plus the comedy you're out there give me the ten.
Speaker 3: K thirteen thousand mind blowing insanity and we're so proud of you, dude, Like that's just like huge, and.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I approved this topic. It's just like so obnoxious.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, let's talk about it. Why is it obnoxious to say culturally?
Speaker 1: It's culturally obnoxious? I actually don't think that it is. I feel like we're like having like a really civil conversation about like the facts of life. But I just know that it's like culturally like unacceptable to feel one's oats.
Speaker 2: No, it's not acceptable.
Speaker 3: If you're hot and skinny and you look like you have it together, then it's like, oh, you're gloating.
Speaker 2: But if someone thinks that, oh, this person is very like me, I want.
Speaker 1: To energy like, because you want to hear more stories of triumphs, people who've had to yes, because it wasn't easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we're going to post a picture of your feet and be like, this is why the struggle.
Speaker 1: This is the struggle that we.
Speaker 2: Absolutely I mean, Larry.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, So it's a big podcasting day here for every dog, and I'm going out for the rest of the night. So I'm gonna be pulled. I'm gonna be in my high waisted I'm gonna be in my feel out disruptor. I'm gonna I know what that feels like, my disrupted to see that these toenails are disruptive walking in here. I was gonna, absolutely, you're gonna get the business. I was gonna get the business and you still didn't care. What's because I'm comfortable.
Speaker 2: With your sisters.
Speaker 4: I know what the dreg.
Speaker 2: I don't know the rest of the song. I got my own mind. I did my own stuff at all time.
Speaker 1: Now have everybody sees how did we have come to be? Wow?
Speaker 2: Wow? Wow wow? Okay what makes you sing?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Can we talk about how we went to an event and Larry was there. It was Julio Torres. He had his my favorite is my favorite shapes is uh special special?
Speaker 2: We went there, we see Larry, he's all in white. Who's next to him? Another one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, that's not even how that happened.
Speaker 3: We were trying to take a photo or something and Larry was like, my assistant will take the photo, hands phone.
Speaker 2: To this little blonde, blue blue girl.
Speaker 1: And I was like.
Speaker 3: And Larry's like, yeah, I have an assistant now. And then the next time I saw you, you had a different white woman assistant.
Speaker 1: She's South American, she's America.
Speaker 2: You get it from task Rabbit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the intern factory. N yu.
Speaker 2: We need that right. He said that he's not paying her.
Speaker 1: Travel, but you're paying that or and why you's paying that well recently incorporated as a business.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: High my ink.
Speaker 2: My mom calls me moy and that's the first thing she says.
Speaker 1: You're supposed to do something about, like mom, I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Think like I was literally Oh no, it doesn't have to be your mom, because I think Dwayne Perkins his is mighty or it's morphin time, and I think like, like everybody has something, I don't wait to have mine. Okay, let's think about what the name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what would be your corporation?
Speaker 3: Mine would be cut and gone, all your tax everything, don't be on everything reckless.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be on the carrobab.
Speaker 3: Like like slim think slim thick ink. Sydney Sidney's Incorporated.
Speaker 2: Is going to be a screen name.
Speaker 1: The HP I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I don't even understand.
Speaker 3: Wait, so you in corporate it's a it's for tax purposes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have no clue.
Speaker 2: I'm so behind.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. So if you were going to be like like the CEO of a company that's just literally HPA, what would it be? I guess h PA, HPV, HB, other episode LLC that's wire oh jo.
Speaker 2: Company. I'm gagging right now, needed Larry. So, what else is happening in your life? You're busy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I shot one last thing for HBO. There's this news shows called Betty and it's not these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the most busy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was literally like, there's this video of Cardi b on Ellen being like.
Speaker 2: I know, we had to shoot for sixteen hours and.
Speaker 1: Then Ellen's like would you do it again? She's like no money. So I literally was like this is how I feel where I'm like, this is hard, it's grueling. It's like it's not like being in the theater. Like in the theater, like every you know, one hundred and some minutes, we like take a break, like legally we.
Speaker 2: Have to, like you know, and you can't you are are you in the union?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know, someone will figure that out. I don't really know what we saying that. I'm sure certainly qualified this, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've sixteen things HBO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the box office?
Speaker 2: Do you want to pay them fees?
Speaker 1: Okay? But the truth is is that like like you know, I've auditioned four years, you know, I've gone in for the you know what I mean, like the Queer like it could be anything character. Yeah, yeah, just as like an anonymous actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like whatever.
Speaker 1: So you've gone in a lot like it's finally that I'm playing in Silent Retreat. Is you know that like amazing like comedic, you know, featured role that that I've been reading for since moving to the city.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The difference is that like the director saw my work in a Strange Loop and and.
Speaker 2: But that's why.
Speaker 3: That's how stuff happens. The more you book, the more people see you, and then the more you book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a strange Loop was like I found that show literally just by like going to do free work at this like nonprofit call the Musical Theater Factory's So she's on the season series finale of Transparent. She like she basically like you just have to watch it. Her name is Shaikina a fact, she's unreal on that. And she started this corpse this like place. It was a porn studio where they were storing DVDs. You know, people don't buy DVDs no more, so they were.
Speaker 2: Like DVDs go where beanie babies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were like you could just set up in the back of this, like you can like put a piano in here and make musicals, but like in like forty second Street. So that's where I met Michael R. Jackson, who wrote a strange loop. That's why the cares name is Usher. Michael R. Jackson, Usher, you get it right? And so I met Michael. We've developed it there and like got it got heat. So like just thinking about how that decision to do free work just like.
Speaker 2: For the same Sorry, Michael R. Jackson, Usher, how what.
Speaker 1: Okay? All right? So okay, So so Michael R. Jackson wrote a strange loop. I play essentially Michael R. Jackson writing a strange right. But why is the name Usher because it's like a famous name but Michael R. But I don't get it from because Michael Jackson. Oh, Michael Jackson is a famous person. And then Michael R. Jackson is a composer who I play who looks like me. Yes, so when he's like, my character has to have a famous name and he works out at Broadway Theater.
Speaker 2: But none of us we're going to get there. But I just said, it's okay, okay.
Speaker 1: The strange loop heads whatever they're called, the listening they got head loop the loops there.
Speaker 2: They are all like they get the layer got it Okay, well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we had to go through that. But the whole point of the story was that like I like went you for that free work, just for the passion of like making something that like that sticking with that ended up being the thing. But I think that's what and that's like so beautiful.
Speaker 3: But I think that's the thing that as performers and as people who work in New York and who are creative, is that we have to understand that we got to do free stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what we do.
Speaker 2: Starts out. You don't make any.
Speaker 1: Money, no, yeah, like at the beginning, at the beginning, you definitely should be showing up. It's like I think showing up is like people want to be invited. People want to like have the red carpet like strewing out for them because they think that's how other people got there. And the truth is is that like people literally are just like like passionate, annoying, desperate.
Speaker 2: They show up and show up, they follow up.
Speaker 3: But I think because there are people who listening to this that they don't know how this works, like entertainment works. They're like, oh, you live in New York.
Speaker 1: If you don't wait to be invited, start bitch, show up, find out what they're doing it and then and but also.
Speaker 3: Like right place, right time, you got to be You got to surround yourself with people who are doing things that you want to do, and you got.
Speaker 2: To be ready. You got to be ready.
Speaker 3: I mean because somebody can present something and then you get it and you're like, ah, I don't know how to get ready.
Speaker 1: It's being ready is huge and it's such a weird it's.
Speaker 2: Hard to be right. I love being unprepared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like part of It's like go before you're ready. It is like one of my favorite things because like waiting for that perfect there is no there there like you can spend you know, I mean just it just is so like go before you're ready, something that I love. But then also but also scale technique. I think like people confuse readiness with like having technique and skill.
Speaker 3: No no, no no no, I'm just saying, like you know, for like say, for instance, a comedian, right, like, it's always good to have that five minutes because when somebody's like, hey, can you give me a tape, You're like, I already got that. And then if they're like, hey, do you have like a script that you just like a pilot. It doesn't have to be perfect, just do you have it like all things written. Yeah, these things make you more ready.
Speaker 1: Than just like not having your absolutely you have your PDF. Have have your PDF, have your PDF, have your blurb, but.
Speaker 3: Also be ready to perform at any time, right because you don't know where you're going to show up and someone's gonna be like, hey, one of these comics is running late. Would love if you could you come up and do it.
Speaker 1: And it's like having both skills, like it's not one or the other. It's like it's like being ready to go like live and show up and perform and also like having that like weird like clerical business person skill of like organizing.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, but I'm saying you met you met Michael R.
Speaker 3: Jackson. Yes, okay, I like Michael R. Jordan's Michael Jackson, Michael R.
Speaker 2: Tyson. But you weren't planning on meeting him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You weren't somewhere doing free work and he happened to be there and y'all connected and then he made you the start of this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I read it and I was like, I have to play the right to play this part.
Speaker 3: So I'm just like just people who are listening that are like waiting for the right, Like just go outside. You're not gonna be nobody or book anything from your house.
Speaker 2: No, it's a harder.
Speaker 1: It's a lot harder. And if you're someone that people like to be around, then like putting yourself in their presence is like it's all it's the best calling car. Yeah, just like be someone that people want to hang out with.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have find something.
Speaker 1: That's all gigs are is that we like hang out. We make this thing because like a lot some people are talented. It's like who's just like cool? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But also who do I want to sit across room for sixteen hours a day?
Speaker 1: Yes or whatever?
Speaker 2: Who's gonna make this space better?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who's not gonna make the room feel hostile? And it's gonna be fun?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I want to have fun fun?
Speaker 1: So what are you doing to have fun? Larry? What do you I do have fun? That's actually a great question. I think that, like, yeah, yeah, little purchases. So I'm going to the theater like things that I couldn't do, you know, I could make theater, but I couldn't watch it. Okay, classes of New York City obsess it's an art is being priced out of the medium that you work in.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I think as a comic, we'll I'll show up at shows and I'm a comedian and they'll like, let me stand in the back in the shadows.
Speaker 1: But you can't do that with you cannot do it with theater. It's like there's a weird classism in theater that I really like want to with my life's work eradicate because everybody like loves a song, they love talking, and they love dance. So that's all musical theater is. It's not this thing where it's like, you know, you can't come in unless we have you know, like let the bitches and that people stand up until fire code pay fifteen dollars like it's the show, and the bridge people will.
Speaker 2: Pay the rest, right, Like the fuck?
Speaker 1: Why are you looking at me like I'm dumb. I want to see the show.
Speaker 3: And I got fifteen dollars, that's it, that's all I got empty, I got two fives and.
Speaker 2: And no I don't have some nice slacks for this show like let me in. I got dentims on.
Speaker 1: No, there's a there's a venue. There's a there's like a like a prize musical theater venue that I won't perform at because when I could not afford food and like things like but I was performing, Like but I could show I could afford the metro ticket to show up to perform, to get that footage or you know what I mean, whatever that thing was that was a priority at the time. Like they like they wouldn't let me in, like the venue that was performing, I wouldn't let me in. And they also like you were performing there and they wouldn't like on a night that like I wasn't yeah, which is like which is like a comic Like that's like very weird.
Speaker 2: I'm going to make me pay. Yeah, I work here. I literally just left four hours ago.
Speaker 1: I was here last night. It's always so it's just like weird that there exists that chasm that I just want to eradicate so.
Speaker 2: That so that you know, so everybody can see theater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so that when like a show like a strangely comes along, like we aren't waiting for an announcement like months after that, like people just move in, you know what I mean that people just see this thing and know that there's an audience for it and that they're dedicated to get these people there. Like Jeremia Harris, You're going to do it.
Speaker 2: I believe in you. That's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Always believe in me. I mean having me on the pod last year, those live shows that y'all do, ludlow House, I mean the memories. You would think that we've known each other for like half decades, didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't had only been a year.
Speaker 1: A year, honey, we can have some change onto it, but like really just a year.
Speaker 3: I mean it's only been five six, five years with me and Sydney, and it feels like ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feel like we went to high school together.
Speaker 3: I like, honestly, it's just like I can't believe I had this whole life without you.
Speaker 2: Right, I think about like, I'm like, well, well, when me and Sydney was a prom, I'm like, I didn't go to the she went because I'm ten years older than you. So okay, this is true.
Speaker 3: Four Larry, Larry, can you plug all the things you got going on? Because I plug it? Because you want everybody to show up?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, the sortst thing is that Today is Friday, October eleventh, and I'm actually doing a show at Union Hall tonight. It's called Decolonize your Mind with Karen she from Seth Myers. We hosted all POC lineup. You absolutely want to see it. The New York Comedy Festivals coming up. I have two shows in the festival. Yes, on the fifth, Decolonize your Mind again at Chelsea Music Hall, and then I'm having Harry Owens and Friend featuring one only Sidney Washington and an amazing line up of female comics at the Bell House. That's on the seventh. Yeah, type in Larry new NYC F get those tickets and I'll see at Union Hall tonight.
Speaker 2: And You're not gonna see me at the bell House because you didn't invite me to do the show.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I was waiting for the saw. Would you have wanted to do a joint set with who you're with your girls?
Speaker 2: See, I'm not going to take time from Sydney, you know, but.
Speaker 1: I would, I'm saying in the initial ass because like I just I'm trying to be considering.
Speaker 3: All that we try to do when we do things together is get people to come listen to the podcast.
Speaker 1: That's what have just been.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, we're always dance. This is why we're cooler than y'all. Also we have a podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know.
Speaker 2: Janel James is like you, guys both have to host and that's what.
Speaker 1: Whoop there it is you're hosting a show.
Speaker 2: We are wait Where Her Festival. We're doing it again. Yeah, I mean that wasn't announced.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 2: Soft didn't last year.
Speaker 1: I want people to listen to the cast album for a Strange Loop. It's on iTunes by you can stream it as well Spotify. Also it's on Spotify. Yeah, I started. If you know good tracks start in her. White Girl is a good one, makes you cry and follow the.
Speaker 2: Follow him, follow him, trying to get him ten thousand thou.
Speaker 1: My Twitter's good. My Twitter's good. I do jokes on there and my stories are good. And now I'm gonna get the main popping for y'all. I know how you'll want a graphic graphic young young Billy Eyelash.
Speaker 2: We're obsessed Billy Eyelash. Not our followers follows don't listen to.
Speaker 1: That, okay. The baby Megan Stallion and then I go too far. Then I go too far White, exact producer down, not an eyelash crowder. Right, let's get in.
Speaker 3: You're gonna stall, You're gonna say Lizzo because I feel like this. Yes, also send your bb W Colt recommendation.
Speaker 2: Yes, send us links. We're gonna put We're gonna post it in our story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Any any sort of like Lizzo meets Diane Keaton for fall.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: So it's like it's like the fun, youthful energy of Lizzo with like the pulled patrician nature of Dane Keaton. That's what I'm looking.
Speaker 3: I mean, I also need to know where to get a new a new winter co because saying I got these as they be looking cute, but you know you'd be out there like because there's no lining baby, yea, the face with the hood. You gotta put your thin H and M jacket underneath the jack layers.
Speaker 2: Lay Larry, you only gonna be become more and more famous and more more booked.
Speaker 1: Would you move to l A for work for the stint of the contract?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 1: Yes, free time must be I think on the Eastern soil we love.
Speaker 2: I'm here for that too. Yeah, I would want that as well.
Speaker 1: Gotta have seasoned, stay grounded. Something about the sun that get hypnotized. Think you're immortal, not on my watch, Jesus, Jesus, the spirits of the West Coast of the West Coast.
Speaker 3: All right, well, guys, we did it. We made it to the end of the episode. Make sure you come see us.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow live at Union Hall. Yes, the official live Mary Beth Barone and another black gay. Take that out. We're keeping that up. It's the end of the episode. Uh, cdy, did you have anything you want to say before we go?
Speaker 3: I love you guys, dearly, and I'm just so proud of everything that everybody's doing, especially you, Larry, especially you Marie.
Speaker 2: New apartment, Like this is a big deal. Like not everybody can just have an apartment. It's very hard. That's crazy. Is not included.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I'm gonna just be cold all winter, upset set. They told me at the least signing that included that. I mean, it's just we just gonna put on mittens with the string connected.
Speaker 2: In the court.
Speaker 3: All the more reason for you to tell me about to get some good coats, because it's I live in a coat house. Yeah, for four months, you know, or just you know, get on the Patreon keep listening to that, and we can pay for Marie.
Speaker 2: Like heat and hot water heat. I think water cold water is included. Sidney. We're proud of you too, friend. You out here, you're thriving, goals for work, you're everywhere.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get richer, friend, and you're gonna be really good at saving money at some point, and we're gonna be thrived.
Speaker 2: We's gonna get a rillin accountant. That's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Russell, Russell, Oh my god, I haven't done my taxes yet and they're doing October fifteenth.
Speaker 1: I gotta go.
Speaker 2: I believe right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 3: Bye bye by the US shakeshare.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Forever This has been a Forever Dog production executive produced by Brett Boham, Joe ccilio, and Alex Ramsey. For more original podcasts, please visit Foreverdog Podcasts dot com and subscribe to our shows on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Keep up with the latest Forever Dog news by following us on Twitter and Instagram at Forever Dog Team and liking our page on Facebook,