Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Let's ride players loud, back in it.
Speaker 4: With you Thursday Thursday, heading on into a Friday and then Saturday Sunday, which leads to week number two for the Dallas Cowboys. Let's give it home opener against the New Orleans Saints.
Speaker 5: And Jerry all Right, Creuz HECKM.
Speaker 4: Harrison House, former Cowboys safety Church the Toledo Rockets is here.
Speaker 5: I am merely knew he Scruggs. We got forty.
Speaker 4: Five minutes of Dallas Cowboys Talk right here on the Home of the Cowboys here the SWC podcast studio, and the team is practicing right now right outside the studio here, getting ready for things to get done. So Jake Ferguson, Marshall Lottimore are working off to the side in the uh trying to get ready for Sunday. We'll see exactly what happens there. Jake Ferguson's not been ruled out the tight end, so there could be.
Speaker 2: Some good news.
Speaker 5: Heck, ma Harris, I mean.
Speaker 6: You know I want for kettle kilsee the pla kelse come on now. And this is a week guys. If you think about this, this this matchup versus the Saints and the Saints defense, you want to find a way to get the ball on the outside. You know, Dak Prescott is going to be looking for his comfort zone, especially when he's facing a ton of pressure. So Schoolmaker's got a big time matchup, you know, on his on his hands today on this Sunday. And if you're able to find those guys out in the flat, if you're able to find Hunter Lifke, if you're able to get backs out the backfield, look, it's gonna they're gonna present a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: And what do you have to do.
Speaker 6: You have to have that fell safe mechanism already installed to be able to get the ball out of your hands.
Speaker 2: And that's what I'm looking at, first of.
Speaker 7: All, before I get to what I'm about to say, man hone, that's.
Speaker 5: The first day that came.
Speaker 6: No no, no, no no no, I said, Schoolmaker.
Speaker 7: Okay, my bad, A second boogie.
Speaker 2: I was just I was just looking at another alternative.
Speaker 5: You's bad, get that back on, must have that.
Speaker 8: Blue magic. The street is talking right now, not the back on anywhere anyway.
Speaker 5: Anyways, you you're doing right.
Speaker 2: Just sat he looked on that.
Speaker 9: But when we talk about you know, Ferguson, what he brings, you know, I think he's the you know, second best option we talk about passing attack.
Speaker 2: Outside of CD LAMB.
Speaker 9: Now, if he's you know, sixty percent, seventy five percent, that real, okay, go out there and do your thing. But if he's anything less than that, if he's if he's hampered it any way out there limping around, I just I'd rather see him take a week off, rest up, and then you give a guy like spam Ford or you John Stevens or like you said, Screwmaker out there and let them get the job done. I think this is a team that they can beat handily without you know, Ferguson getting in there. So why not give him the extra week to rest and get that thing right before you go through the rest of this season.
Speaker 6: But with you.
Speaker 9: Baltimore, Yeah, you got Baltimore next week. So if he's not you know, in that seventy five percent realn. I let him rest and let those other guys get in there. And as far as who you're going to depend on for that second option, you gotta lean on those receivers. You gotta lean on Cookes, Tolbert and Ceedee Lamb to get the job done, which I'm sure they're capable of against the same team. And that's the thing, man, Like last game, Tolbert is that guy that I am literally rooting for and want to see have some success. But when I see him come out and drop the ball, and then even when I see Cavante Turpin in the situation where they're trying to get him involved in the offense and he drops the ball, That's that's what gives me pause on that third and fourth wide receiver.
Speaker 6: And that's why I say the tight ends are so important, especially as you know as a as a defender.
Speaker 2: If I'm putting pressure on this quarterback, what is he doing.
Speaker 6: He's trying to get the ball out of his hands quickly, and he's trying to take his closest option and use those of your guys in the slot.
Speaker 2: And that's your tight end.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, uh, first played the game. Remember what happened with the on Sunday first played the game. Remember that was remember that.
Speaker 2: Was it was a holding penalty, wasn't it was? It was our guy. It was our guy, Tolbert offensive holding. Yes, it's off the season holding.
Speaker 7: That's how you want to do it?
Speaker 5: Baby, what do you doing?
Speaker 2: So so that was my thing though only yeah you not of all the people you? Yeah, you all the people.
Speaker 6: Right, come on, man, come on, man, not you. You're not good enough to do this. Yeah, now that was you know, that was unfortunate. But again, when when I'm sure you've got an opportunity to watch the Saints defense man, they bring a bunch of pressure from different places. They window dress a lot of different things and around the NFL, then Dennis Allen is not one of those people.
Speaker 2: Like either you have a ton of respect for him or you don't have no respect for him.
Speaker 6: No middle ground with him, man, And like the court of public opinion on him is already is so contrasting. But when I look at his defenses, he's a guy that will put seven at the line of scrimmage and only rush three and then drop everybody else back and coverage. And last week when I saw Dak make that audible at the line of scrimmage and then get the ball out in that seventh route to Cooks like that to me is just saying, man, don't play with me. I can I've seen it all, I've been through it all, and I can find my receivers. And that's why when I talk about guys like Jayalen Tobert and like, you gotta be ready for the ball to come your way, Schoolmaker, you gotta be ready for the ball to come your way because you're gonna be put in a position where he may have to audible out of something to move you over or do something, and your number is gonna be called, and it's gonna be called like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So let's let's take this back here the Schoonmaker, and I'm gonna hit you up here, Church's formal player. What are guys in the room say to someone like schoon where you know Ferguson not gonna be one hundred percent even if he's out there, need you second round pick, trying to show up man, you're needed here. What's set in the locker room is someone like Luke Schoonman.
Speaker 9: Well, the coaches are gonna be the guys that kind of get at you as far as stepping well, yeah, loundaw Welles' is gonna be the when you get in that position group.
Speaker 7: Everybody has their own room. Tight ends got their own room as well.
Speaker 9: So once they all get in that room and start breaking down film, Lunda Wells is gonna be the one that said, hey, schoon, this is especially if he's not gonna go hey, you gotta step it up.
Speaker 7: We need you here, We need you to get this thing done.
Speaker 2: We need X and knows.
Speaker 9: The players are gonna go in there and if they find out, you know, ferg ain't playing, and you know, School's gonna get to have a bigger role out there.
Speaker 7: They're just gonna try to get his confidence going.
Speaker 9: They're not gonna really try to get at him talk about you gotta step it up, you gotta be better. They're gonna say, hey, you got this man, Just beat yourself.
Speaker 5: Go out there.
Speaker 9: Don't need to beat Jake Ferguson. We don't need you to be Gronkowski. We need to be the best version of your self. Just get that confidence going. When he's making good plays in practice, man, that's how you get it done. And I'm sure dak Press got it they're out there right now throwing the ball to him getting the catch. I'm sure Dak is doing that same thing. Hey man, come on, good job man, you're doing good. That's exactly how I want that route run. We don't need this guy to be somebody he's not like if you're going to go out there and try to press and do all this other stuff, that's how mistakes can happen out there. So for if I'm you know, a player in that locker room, I'm just trying to get his confidence to the highest before we go out there on.
Speaker 4: Sunday, because heckma, you use a high draft picks, a second round pick, high draft considering that you already had Jake Ferguson in the full so so they brought him into a really good tight end room.
Speaker 5: Second round picks must.
Speaker 2: Be contributors, yea.
Speaker 4: And Ferguson is not going to be one hundred percent. If he plays, he's not gonna be one hundred. He has to take advantage of this opportunity. And he also must be better at blocking. That was the one thing talking about last year, Like you know, you come from Michigan. See I can write it wasn't where it needed to be And that to me is my thought process with the young man, and we talk all the time that you know, you're the most growth you're going to have as a football players from your rookie year to your second year.
Speaker 2: I just look at Luke Schoolmaker. That's a guy.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you need to make this jump and make a significant jump because as you start to think about where this whole salary cap things going with the Cowboys, you know Michael Parkson is going to get paid. Jack got picked. They need draft picks to step in play and contribute. You cannot have a second round pick be a guy we don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Will McClay his specialty has been able to get those draft picks to be able to come in and play immediately. It's a pressure cooker situation for Schoolmaker because of the pick. They expect for him to be able to produce. But you know, if he doesn't, as you just clearly just stated that, it is an odd man out because you have so many guys that will be thirsty and hungry to take your spot.
Speaker 2: Little Schoolmaker just has to be a dog.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, assuming that he knows how to block because he came from the big ten is that you're assuming all right, but when it has to show up on paper, it has to show up. It has to show up on the film. Like the eye this guy don't line, it's going to be right on you. And when they show, when they get into those big packages, when they you know too two tight end sets, you know, overload sets. You got to be able to win your individual matchup. Do your job, That's what I think you're alluding to. Don't trying to be somebody else.
Speaker 2: Just do your job.
Speaker 6: And that's the one thing that over the years with him and his with him and his draft pick, it's like he's coming up, you know, like you're making it count. You're getting this, Like you see those opportunities that he's getting, but it stopped at the one yard line. You see a block, he's getting beat bare, he's out leveraging itself, different stuff like that, and that's all of those things are correctable. But now the spotlight is firmly on top of him with Jake Ferguson potentially being out.
Speaker 9: And to me, it's it's I don't know if it's frustrating or just confusing because you talk about being you got to be a blocker coming from the Big ten. They ran the ball like crazy in Michigan. When you talk about his past receivens skills, I haven't seen any any type of dynamic skills to where it's like, man, this is this is the guy. This is where we got to get to and it's it's just a little confusing because you think about it and you're like, all right, well, you know, Ferg is going to be that downfield threat. He's gonna be that vertical scene sere. You know what can what can school make it bring to the table If you're not blocking, well, you don't really seem dynamic in the passing game, you know what much.
Speaker 5: We're all gonna be here playing. So I want to go back.
Speaker 4: I'm not picking on you, Ma, You're not picking on you. But Dalton Schultz first years here, it was kind of that is true, man, That is true to my brother. And eventually he got it, Okay, eventually Dalton scho So so I will give him grace, that's true, you know at this point time, give school Maker grace.
Speaker 5: But at the same time I'm sitting here. It's great, but go out here and.
Speaker 4: Show something he's flash or something right that if Ferg is not one hundred percent, which going back to what you talked.
Speaker 5: About, Okay, do you do you rest him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you rest him because you you're in your mind even think schoon can get this done. We can get the our group, our group is good enough to get this done. Especially says you let hinder shot get on out the window. He's gone down. You know with John Stevens, is he gonna be ready to go? So their question mark is there. That's why you need your guy, your second round pick from Michigan.
Speaker 2: Here we are. We still talk about the first and second round picks last year from Michigan. These Wolverine to come do something. You need these Wolverine.
Speaker 6: Look, get him in the rhythm of the offense is what I'm thinking. Anyway, get him in, get some blocks in, and I think this running game is really what you're gonna need to have popping against this New Orleans defense.
Speaker 2: You got you got to.
Speaker 6: I mean it's and that's the only way that you get those guys to back up is is break that press that that you know they're going to present to you up front. They're not they're going to be disrespectful. Actually he's gonna be dist back and that's the thing about them, man. And the thing I love about watching this New Orleans defense is, Man, they were one of those defenses that, even when they didn't get to Bryce Young, Bryce Young was taking punishment on in completion completions. He completed the ball and take a shot, you know. And that's the thing, like, I'm in this, in this pretty particularly against this defense, the pursuit is going to be there. You know, they're going to be very aggressive and you can't allow for those cheap shots to be taken at your quarterback.
Speaker 4: Let's get our first break in here. When we come back, let's spend some time talking about these some of the defenders here on the Saints and the matchups that were going to focus on. And if you're a Cowboy fan, you want to make sure you're dialed into this. He's Bury Church Tech, Maharrison, new Strugs. This is the Players Lounge, which is brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 5: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 10: Kyle Yeoman's sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new.
Speaker 2: Experience football fans.
Speaker 10: This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 12: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 11: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 6: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 11: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboy Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 5: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 10: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wpball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of.
Speaker 6: The Year, Go Cowboys to the Players Loud YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Stop Boom, there you go.
Speaker 2: Hammaton best in the nice.
Speaker 4: Yeadie too Legitiquatene Aristocrat Gaming is bringing you plaus right here on Dallas Cowboys Talk com radio. Heck Maherrison is here Bury Church. I am new he strugg Saints Cowboys coming your way Sunday at Geruro.
Speaker 5: It is a nude game, gentlemen.
Speaker 4: It is a noon game. So if you're getting your smokers, you want to make sure you get your stuff rolling the day for that kind of thing there where. If you're gonna get to get to your spots early. Uh, okay, I just know this because I'm working. You know, I don't know, you know, fire to grill andything like that, but man, that's early going.
Speaker 2: It is what time you get to the stadium. U twelve o'clocks.
Speaker 5: Uh, you gotta get there. You gotta get there.
Speaker 2: In the nine o'clock at nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: You know, maybe later in the nine o'clock but you got to get there nine o'clock hour when you start going two hours inside of it.
Speaker 5: I just don't want to deal with any issues.
Speaker 4: I always worry about accidents, even though I've got a route that's good. My route is really really good. I got the back end and never get on the free I know exactly where to go. But I just don't trust people. That's my thing. I don't trust other people. And I would rather get there early the spot be.
Speaker 2: Be rolling along.
Speaker 5: But I don't want I don't want to have to have any weight time at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I need that route after the show, That's what I was waiting on.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, we'll do that, offline saying anybody.
Speaker 2: And everybody's on that route exactly.
Speaker 5: No, no, my mine's good. Then after the game to move.
Speaker 4: Sir, yes, sir, yes, sir, no, I know exactly man, yes, haven't lived in Arlington for twelve years. And then yeah, I'm good, I'm good. But no, no, you never catch me on the freeway, baby, never doing anything like that. Chris Beane just sent me this pretty a pretty nice note. Here is our our producer here on the players, I says the least and most expensive NFL tickets for Week two of the season. Least expensive the Chargers at the Carolina Panthers. Twenty five dollars to get you, Oh wow, twenty five.
Speaker 2: Man ticket, family of four hundred dollars, come on now.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately there's nowhere to park there. But the worst parking situation in the in the NFL's at Carolina. Nowhere to parking. But yeah, twenty five, twenty five you have around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty five.
Speaker 4: Well, the the most expensive NFL ticket this week week too, well, the most expensive is two thousand, five hundred and fifty six dollars to come wash the Saints and the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: You say, twenty five seasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you already know we got all the all the folks from the boot here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twenty now, now you know they don't.
Speaker 2: They got that, they got that shot, they got that they got We want to know.
Speaker 4: I did a speaking engagement today. Man, the dude was right there on it man. The whole the whole room ranted him mat too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell, he was him.
Speaker 5: He was the guy Cowboy fans all hiked.
Speaker 2: Up, he stood up to he's stood up.
Speaker 5: He's back on it man.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's why. That's how you can get twenty five.
Speaker 4: This is okay, this is the difference between a ten billion dollar franchise, the Cowboys and the Carolina fan facts twenty five, twenty and okay, here's what we do know. Their most expensive ticket this year will probably be the Cowboy game in December.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most likely. Yeah, those won't be twenty five hours.
Speaker 4: No, sir, they will not be. Yeah, they will not be. But that's That's that's the power. Hey, look, that's the power with the Cowboys. Are saw them all up in Cleveland. Cowboy fans, Cowboy fans, every hotel, everywhere. Man, that's everywhere, even in a town where the Browns matter. Okay, that is that is the squad. Every town has eighteen. Now in Los Angeles, it's the Lakers, here's the Cowboys. In Cleveland, it's the Browns. Cowboy fans rolled all up in it. And by the way, Plaine right becut of bookie tickets early too. Like my photographer didn't get his flight correct in Pittsburgh. So what my photographer did, he ended up he had had himself flying in Saturday and then had himself flying out Sunday and not Monday. So he was trying to get a Monday flight. Can't get what can't get a direct flight, cannot get a direct flight. And it's all because of cowboy fans.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: So when you're trying to get to a Cowboy game, you met a book early because and if it's not an American Airlines.
Speaker 5: Hub, be challenging, man, it's curtains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be challenging. So I got my Cleveland one straight.
Speaker 5: He had to end up doing a he had.
Speaker 4: He and a bunch of people found out they couldn't get directs because those got sold out. So they were doing separate you know, doing connections. They were giving away you know, you go to the other day, we use volunteers seven hundred dollars to go ahead and change your flight seven hundred. John Michouda of the Athletic was going to do it because I told you, I said, John, if I didn't have to go get home off this flight and go to work due to six o'clock TV show, I'd have been on it. And he ended up saying yes. And at the end they found two other people. I guess they took it.
Speaker 6: Many people gonna get that seven hundred right right right, save a little money, right right.
Speaker 4: So he did what he said he was gonna do it. So he ended up but he would have had to go through Charlotte. He had taken a you know, do a stopping Charlotte home. I said, I'd have done it if I said, if I'd have to work all day lost seven hundred. But that's what that's what this is the economic engine of what the cowboys are. Okay, this is the cowboy fan is good for business.
Speaker 2: Okay, Saints, the Saints fans are going to show up, that's for sure. They will be there.
Speaker 6: And one thing and one thing about Saints fans they tailgate two so you don't have to tell them about get your smokers out.
Speaker 2: They be smoking early. That's when you become friends with people.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Man, you are right.
Speaker 5: At the beauty.
Speaker 4: The beauty of gumbo is everybody makes it differently, so you just it's always.
Speaker 7: Over here, let me taste over there.
Speaker 2: True, true, true.
Speaker 5: I mean you know, I don't. I'm not an okra gumbo person like I want the ochra mine.
Speaker 4: But yes, but it's it's it is the beauty of New Orleans of just knowing that, Okay, I'm gonna taste your gumbo and it's gonna be a little bit different than personal restaurant. Everywhere you go, everybody has their own recipe. And that's the cool thing about the tailgate. And that's another reason why you get there early nine o'clock out, which you got.
Speaker 6: That's the one thing that sucks about being a vegetarian, dude.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, suck self inflicted. That's one thing about it. Man.
Speaker 6: As you know you want you go on to get in the parking lot, and everybody is grilling everywhere you go. It's like they are smell it all. Yeah, smelling good too. Three years in they said.
Speaker 2: Man, you know, meat's gonna smell disgusting.
Speaker 6: Brisket still smells amazing, still smells fried chicken still smell.
Speaker 2: Still smell good. But it is what it is, man. You live, Yeah, have to give it up. Man, My blood pressure loves it. Yeah. Hey, that's what I have.
Speaker 4: When we when we pulled up in the parking lot, people next to it, late Cleveland, they have fried chicken going, Hey want a piece? Yes, yeah, my name is new Ye, yes, thank you, Hey, hey, babies alive. When I showed up there in ninety four, they had food. Going to show up twenty twenty four, still got food rolling baby and.
Speaker 2: I and I part took in it. Yes I did.
Speaker 4: Yes, ain't good there, ain't good there. Okay, let's dive into some of these defensive matchups. Here A Lotimore versus Lamb. Okay, ceedee Lamb. I was impressed with by how much he played and how well he played for not having any training camp at all for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: But A Lottimore was a very good corner for the Sainte Yeah, this.
Speaker 7: Is gonna be a big time matchup.
Speaker 9: You know, a Lotimore still to me, one of the better corners in the National Football League. I don't think he's what he used to be when he first came in the league, which was considered a shut down corner overall. He could, you know, play off, play press, it doesn't matter. He's gonna shut you out. But this is still a good matchup. But to me, you know, Ceedee Lamb, he's in the prime, He's in the prime of his you know, receiving skills, and I just don't think Latimore will be able to handle him one on one. And Latimer is a guy with a lot of pride. He's a lot like he'll go out there, he'll talk his talk, and he's gonna tell Da no, let me get maut, let me let me try, let me get my one on ones whin him. And that's where I think Ceedee Lamb's gotta take itvantage any will Dak Prescott will see that as well.
Speaker 7: At the line of scrimmage. Hey, this man wants is one on one. Let me give it to him.
Speaker 9: So to me, you know, that's a big time matchup. The Saints think they have a guy that can at least hold Cede Lamb a little bit. But to me, I just don't see if the man came back from missing the entirety of training camp and went against you know, two of the best corners international Football League and was giving them all the work they could they could they could handle out there in Cleveland. So to me, a guy in Lattimore getting older in age, what on want of Ceedee Lamb?
Speaker 7: That that's just not a matchup The Saints are gonna win.
Speaker 2: Now. I like that. I like the matchup, and I like what you said about Latimore. I have him here.
Speaker 6: Man. He's just a hybrid corner. He's got to go man and man can play zone. He could do it all, you know, And I think that's what shows his value and why he's stuck in New Orleans for as long as he have. His first year in the league, he had five interceptions, and I'm talking about he lived on that reputation of those five interceptions. But the next seven years, you know, everybody, he's a ball hawk, he's this and mean. But you know, one interception last season. Again, he still is one of those cornerbacks that wants to travel and guard the best and be best on best. And I think you know at this point, you know that that test for Ceedee Lamb, those are guys like that that he has to win his battles with. He had to emerge as what we know that he that we believe in, what the organization believes in making him as highest paid as he is as a wide receiver, that they think he's that guy. And so look, the last time we saw Ceedee Lamb in at and T Stadium versus Jay R Alexander wasn't cute, right, So you get another opportunity to run it back versus a really good well versus a really good corner And I think that he and Dak in this game, really what I want to see is them on the same page. You know, we talked about communication on defense yesterday. I'm talking communication on offense today. Whatever hand signals they got, whatever they got between one esp you know, and you know where I'm going with this, because the Saints are going to present so many different looks and things, and if they get the right coverage and the right look at the right time, you know, look, man, let that thing rip one hundred yard game. Yes for me, Yes, it's gonna be a hundred yard game. That's so I'm going hundred. I'm going huntred a couple of touchdowns, yeah, I think red zone. He'll be a threat one.
Speaker 7: Of them guys.
Speaker 9: He gets stuck in his way, even if he's getting beat out there, man, he'll tell the safety man go over there, I got this.
Speaker 2: I got this until it's too late. So I think that. See he gonna wear his mouth and over the bacon pies over the side.
Speaker 6: You want some more, come up, safety, come over here over looking like a young BC with Randy Moss call man shaking like.
Speaker 2: Why am I down here at the corners? I didn't ask yesterday when.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 5: Did you talk to him after the game?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, Oh yeah, I mean I had, yeah, you know, as a rookie going like, you know, I talked to Man and all those dudes I played against as a rookie, I talked to all of them, but Mars when I went over there, he's gonna be a hot young fella, even know he ain't know my name, nothing about me, but he was a cool dude.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: But I still to this day I.
Speaker 7: Remember that man.
Speaker 2: But one thing.
Speaker 6: One thing I know about my boy BC from Pittsburgh. He wasn't trying to swap jerseys with him.
Speaker 7: No, I wasn't swapping jersey.
Speaker 2: Man, It is what other matchups you got new bump all that.
Speaker 8: It's a different kind of leaders.
Speaker 5: Your uncle never did that.
Speaker 2: Joe, Thanks, thanks me and Joe he's absolutely.
Speaker 5: I mean I do think about you know, the the NFL of the seventies that we watching that you never saw that.
Speaker 4: But but could you imagine how many people after a game in today's and if if we operating, how many people want Joe Green seventy five? I mean he had to bring three four jerseys out there. People want to do it too because you know it's it's because that's the other thing too. How do you, okay, how do you make sure you get the jersey? You know Micah does that a lot, you know, so how do you make sure you get that that that that jerk because you know you're not the only person that wants it.
Speaker 9: And Micael he's in a case where you know he can swapple anybody because he's jersey got uh, you know not the choice. See the thing is the think it's we're buried the thing is, that's what.
Speaker 7: Choice.
Speaker 5: Bro, Wow, what do you guess?
Speaker 2: That's ugly? I ain't saying nothing. He's running back from the university.
Speaker 13: That was so funny to cry, God, wait till I get in the room. Man, we took total We get that. But it's the society time.
Speaker 2: Look, that's cold. It's the players, it's the players lounge. So what it is? I mean, even come on, I know it's tough.
Speaker 5: I mean, heck, even you you know, come on.
Speaker 9: Room.
Speaker 5: So when was it said?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 5: When was this after the game? The next day?
Speaker 2: We need we need happen right after the game? Man? What they said?
Speaker 5: What you got to say in the room?
Speaker 9: Man, I was too young at the time. That really talked crazy. But they was giving them back there man, what you doing?
Speaker 7: This was before the whole after the game swapping thing. This was like new to everybody. So when I happened, it was a lot of oh you a fan type of conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Back then we had some guys in that locker room playing that game. So it was interesting. And that's the thing.
Speaker 6: Look, that's the thing I know about you man, all the guys that you hang with, the guys that's been in the.
Speaker 2: League for a long time. These are reputable guys. Say he have a couple of coffee here or there, you know, let me get let me get your jersey BC.
Speaker 4: Now everybody got to choice today.
Speaker 7: Be fine.
Speaker 2: But then it was like what you're a fan, you get his telephone number. Why he was over there. He caught a lot of that day.
Speaker 6: I mean the way he looked at her, it was so much of it was just pure admiration. But he admired him. So I'm trying to cover it.
Speaker 2: Up that Dallas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think I was way yeah, that was way before.
Speaker 5: He Yeah, okaway, let everything slide.
Speaker 9: Yeah he was players guy, Yeah, wait, leave him alone, guys, take the bads off guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Wall got.
Speaker 5: To remember they called it camp cupcake.
Speaker 6: Yeah, camp cupcake. I love away were he was fresh all the time. I mean we was trash that yeah, but were.
Speaker 4: Wave manka wave my guy. I'll tell you manore break my all time Wade moment. It was after Super Bowl fifty we got the interview Wade when the Broncos won. Finally all the years in the league. Man, we actually interviewed his wife too, because you know she she she was there. He was taking them bullets. Man, So it was that was a cool That was a very cool moment. And I also got to interview Dwaar. I want to finally get his super Bowl ring, So that that was cool.
Speaker 5: And you know, this is the kind of guy where he was.
Speaker 4: He says, you know, I'm sorry I couldn't do it in Dallas. Your biggest moment in your career, you finally win, You're still worried about people here. That's a that's a different kind of guy. That's a different kind of guy that he actually tried to apologize for not winning.
Speaker 6: I love the apology. But man, it's so much fun to have von Miller. The monks were on the same deepense. I mean, what what a difference of von Miller makes?
Speaker 5: They picked up they were so good. They picked up Peyton Manning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man was actually where where it tells the story that Peyton told us like I know how much.
Speaker 2: I got give you what the guy basically you got to you got to go with it.
Speaker 6: He was humble enough as a star quarterback in the league to be able to say, like, man, my contribution was minimal.
Speaker 2: He's not like a lot of these guys that I can't go sling it like, yeah, exactly. He knew exactly what to do. Let me drive.
Speaker 5: This wasn't no, no, it was hurt.
Speaker 4: It took a while to come back, but but he just didn't have He wasn't the same but understood, Hey man, I'm gonna go out here and do it enough.
Speaker 2: But it's on you.
Speaker 4: And sure enough with Carolina having those tackles out, they wore them out. But that was a cool moment. And I said, remember just iny of you on Wade, and Wade actually said, you know, I'm sorry I could not get it done in now. Yeah, yeah, good on to shar choice got coach Texas.
Speaker 2: They got it.
Speaker 4: They got it done in the big house. I don't know if he did at Jersey Swap Jersey SI, but if he did, he'd earned it, man, because they won.
Speaker 2: They won.
Speaker 4: They dominated, dominated dominated. Heck Ma Harrison, Barry Church and he Scrutch right back yard the players. I was about to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Comrade.
Speaker 6: I'm Cowboys alumni Danny mccraig. There was Smoothie King asking, what's that sound. That's the sound of me sipping one of their powerpacks. Smoothies with over ten ProTeam with real fruits and organic veggies.
Speaker 2: Because it's Smoothie King, what you see is what you sip.
Speaker 6: So grab a delicious Smoothie King smoothie, throw a straw in your job.
Speaker 2: It gets sipping.
Speaker 6: Real Smoothieking, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to.
Speaker 1: Be a boss.
Speaker 14: Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: Hey there, Cowboys Nation, Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by aristocrat A. Proun, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's twenty hundred gamb l e r for twenty one over.
Speaker 12: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 6: Are you the twenty ti twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Numinate yourself or the biggest Cowboy fan you know four chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash fan of the Year, Go Cowboys, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Heck Maherrison. This is plays about you by Aristocrat Gaming downas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Dot Com Radio. Uh be churches here church from a Cowboy safe down new specs.
Speaker 2: What you got had, man, I just I just sometimes, man, the players louds. Man, It's just I don't know.
Speaker 5: This is what it's supposed to say.
Speaker 2: God Lee, locker room business.
Speaker 6: You get baked, you don't get baked immercifully around here.
Speaker 7: Gotta have thick skin in the lot.
Speaker 5: But they're no lies told, no lies.
Speaker 6: No indeed, indeed no lies have been has been told here. I believe no lies.
Speaker 2: Toll shout out to Sarchoy man like you choice. But that was that was yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, Now everybody's doing you know, you have to get get club by thirty stand up there with the jersey text pictures.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a different time, man, it's a different time.
Speaker 5: If I could do that.
Speaker 9: Man, Like, if I go on there and I'm getting honey roasted and we lose twenty eight to you know, seven or three, I'm walking straight to the locker.
Speaker 7: Room, you know.
Speaker 2: But it's different. It's different too.
Speaker 4: And then now you know, the other popular thing is guys want to take the college photos, like, oh, hey, you know, we got a bunch of dudes from this university.
Speaker 2: Let's all take our pictures together.
Speaker 4: But you're right, I mean, we did see this in parcels, Chris mean our producer, Christian I don't ever recall see anything like that parcels because parcels would be on folks about stuff. I mean, man, you had dudes parcels to find out where you were at at the club and bring it all up to you. Man, I mean parcels. New you t buy somewey in the streets, streets ourselves.
Speaker 2: New Man.
Speaker 6: That's the coaches with them iron fists, man, them heavy handed coaches like that.
Speaker 2: That is how did you know? The first of all, how did you know Bill Snyder at Kansas State? How did you know? How who told you that? Who told you about peeping talking?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 2: You know, myes, what sir?
Speaker 6: How did you know under the bridge? Mondays not talk on Tuesdays? But mondays, I don't leave that alone. I have no idea what that is.
Speaker 4: It's cloyay back in the day, way way back in the day.
Speaker 5: But part sales, new Man Park par Sales.
Speaker 2: New Brandon Arbury. The Cowboys kicker a weapon.
Speaker 4: Extraordinary, weapon, extraordinary and he just you know, it's week one out there, man, just get past.
Speaker 5: The fifty and you're good.
Speaker 2: At least three.
Speaker 4: You know you got a shot BC as a as a defender, knowing that you can just hey, we got three and now, okay, that was last week. I don't think people understand that is not an easy stadium to kick in. Okay, gotten the Lake effect off Lake Erie. Now Aubrey's at home last year, ten of ten from fifty five yards, okay, And you talked about the most fifty yard field goals made in the season NFL history. Only one person's ever kicked more, and that would have been Daniel Carlson back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Aubrey last year with ten.
Speaker 4: This is this is historic stuff we're seeing from the young man here and in his career with the Cowboys. Twelve or twelve from fifty yards. As a defender, when you've got a guy a kicker like that, what does that do?
Speaker 5: Oh man?
Speaker 9: It relaxes you because you look up and you know back in you know, the Cowboys stadium. Whatever you get that big jumbo tron up there, you look up and you see, all right, we're going to cross the fifty.
Speaker 7: That's three points. We know that it's three points.
Speaker 9: At the very least, you ain't got to get ready for punt coverage or nothing like that, because you know you're gonna get at least three points. In when I played there, there was a guy by the name of Dan Bailey who at that point, before he started getting the yips a little bit, he was money like that as well. Maybe not as from as deep as Aubrey, but you understood like if you get you know, past to forty thirty five, you got automatic three points with Dan Bailey, and this defense is good enough to where you get them.
Speaker 7: You know, ten seventeen points. You STI had a great chance of winning the ball game.
Speaker 9: So as a defender, when you know you get past that fifty yard line, you have a guaranteed three points. I mean, that's that's relaxing real quick on.
Speaker 4: Dan Bailey from twenty eleven to twenty seventeen attempted fifty thirteen fifty yard plus field goals, made eleven of them.
Speaker 2: He was money back in the day. Money, We'll said before the yips before Yeah, yeah, they got before the yips. No, this is and then with the kickoff.
Speaker 6: I read a stat about this season for a game this first week that they had more fifty yard kick kicks in the league in week one. So more teams are more daring to go out there and kick those long field goals as opposed to the past. I mean, if it's fifty eight, you know, punt team ready, you know, But now that you know they're risking it, and especially what you're seeing the success that Aubrey is having for the Dallas Cowboys and the new kick rule, You're not going to the twenty five, You're going to the thirty. So now I mean you got to the thirty, you know, to first downs were there, you know, And in a situation like this, especially going up against New Orleans at home, a lot of times teams when they win the coin toss they like to defer to the second half. I think this is a game that if you win the coin toss, you get the ball first and you get to try and get three points whatever touchdown obviously, but jump on them, get a lead, you know, don't try and you play from behind, because I think all of those things. When you do that, that just allows for your defense and your scheme to just open up even more. When you're playing with the lead, you could try more things. You could you know, you can blitz a little bit more. And you know, I don't want to base anything off of what we did in Cleveland, all right, because that was the first week for them as well, right, But this game, I think you'll be able to settle in and be able to see more of the way that your offense operates. So any of those long drives that you get down there and you can't complete it, you're almost like, okay, fine, I'll settle for for three than even risking it like you would before when you didn't have confidence in your kicker. And we've gone through those times, well, we didn't have no confidence in our kicker, and it just seems like such a luxury now. But I'm not too far removed from when you couldn't even leave for the kick for the kick because you didn't know. Man, you twenty thirty yards that might be a mess.
Speaker 4: See Mike Bender, Jack right, Chris Beam, you remember that a training camp. We're out there, man, just watching this man, Missfield.
Speaker 2: Like that's horrible, but this was okay, Hey, look you know, go pay some money bringing a field oal kid, he was terrible. Can I say this though?
Speaker 6: You know, I think as much as we're seeing Brandon Aubrey become a weapon, I'm also looking at a guy like Cavante Turpin, like just keep it in line with the special teams having a guy like that that you know can also give you great field position as an offense on punts.
Speaker 2: You know, we've been waiting.
Speaker 6: It's like for so long, man, he was the MVP of the USFL and we like all the big plays that we saw in the highlights that we saw when he was with the Generals. Now we're seeing that finally come to fruition here with that punt return that he had, and if he can do that again, I think more teams will start to try and.
Speaker 2: Avoid a player like Abu, say turfing, because when you.
Speaker 9: Look at it on kickoff, you can either kick it to Turpin, who's a dangerous guy that can ren exactly kicking a touch back, you get it at the thirty out of bounds, you get it at what the forty five I believe.
Speaker 7: So it's that is I didn't even think about it that way. That's a crazy weapon to have back there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so I mean special teams wise, you're kind of in a fix where some teams are like, all right, we got we stopped them, always stopped them. You know, it's cool, you know, or you know that once things turn around, you kick the ball off. Even when you score, you're putting yourself, especially with the new rules in a pickle, you know, if you have if especially with the defense the way that they're playing, getting sacks, getting you know, turnovers, things like that, but especially the sacks that put you back and you're having to kick along. Uh feel, that's that's where you really get in trouble where you have to have discipline as a punter not to overextend on your punts because if you give them enough room to see the field the way that this this the coach is setting it up. Man, I think Bones is in it. Bones is in his bag. He's got a bunch of guys that's making them look good. But I'm telling you, as the year progresses, watch how this this this tandem of Aubrey in Turpin worked for the Dallas.
Speaker 4: Calf Lelochick was talking about that one hate Bill future Hall of Fame coach made guy once covered he said he never win one. Uh yeah, oops, I was young, young in the game. Heck, young man, that was you said had hairs A whole different, a whole different.
Speaker 6: Guy.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, God save me. I'm a different man now. Clean Foo, Sir, sir, I didn't know what I didn't know.
Speaker 6: But Bill is full of compliments these days for some reason. Gone right, stay over there.
Speaker 4: If you have not read the Don Van Adam article about Bob Kraft and how he's desperate to get in the Hall of Fame and his anger that Jerry Jones got in the Hall of Fame, but it is worth a read, and how things fell apart from him.
Speaker 2: With Bill Belichick.
Speaker 4: And there was a story earlier in the off season talking about Bill potentially coming here when it was questioned whether or not Mike would come back, of how Belichick would enjoy working for Jerry Jones because he knows how much Craft has.
Speaker 5: An issue with you.
Speaker 2: I just want to get so yes.
Speaker 4: In the video he was praising the Cowboys and special teams. But we look, we know, we know Bill's about special teams. I remember, Uh, Jason Garrett's last game up there in New England, and.
Speaker 5: It was a game the Cowboys should have won.
Speaker 4: Let Matt Slater getting loose blocked to punt and helped change the game the game Dallas should have won. And and and the special teams that Keith o quinn was the coordinator then that yeah, man, yeah it wasn't good. But this was simply Bill understanding what he needs you on special teams. And yes he was praising what the Cowboys done. Praise Will mclet me everything that was kind. It was it was like I could work with those guys.
Speaker 2: You know what did I say? He's the he's the guy. The part of this overly friendly with your girlfriend.
Speaker 8: So your mind for really now you're a comedian everybody.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 4: I didn't ask your girl for her number, for her numbers so she could give me to me for a friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many compliments in the We see where you're going with this. Bill is not just going to come back and work for some team. He's gonna come back and.
Speaker 5: Try and work for.
Speaker 2: Quarterback.
Speaker 4: Oh he was talking about how good Dak Prescott is too, So Bill, Bill Belichick is gonna spend his year to complimenting the Cowboys key over shown. Everybody compliment that's something, and Jerry compliments Bill too.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: But Micha McCarthy, by the way, eighteenth all time and wins in the National Football League, and right now the third winning is active coach in the NFL. So Mike is doing his part here. All right, let's before we get out of here, let's pick the game tonight. Buffalo is at Miami. Miami is a two and a half point favorite.
Speaker 2: BC.
Speaker 7: Who you got give me Miami at home?
Speaker 2: Got to score it on.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, it's gonna be twenty eight, twenty four Miami.
Speaker 2: I'm going in my ya yo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all going am i ya yo, And I'm gonna go over to something lower than that. I think it's gonna be seventeen ten, seventeen, ten.
Speaker 2: Seventeen ten, yay yo.
Speaker 7: I gotta see if it's raining.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's gonna rain. You know, I'm going with coach Soul. Co so co so. I like coach so.
Speaker 6: Coach Sol took the podium the other day, man, I was like, you know what, it's coming out of pores.
Speaker 2: He's sitting there. It's sitting there deep.
Speaker 7: But it's oh, he's supposed to be yeah, okay, now he is.
Speaker 4: Yes, Coach sol Man, give me Miami twenty four seventeen, twenty four seventeen, Yeah, yes to a time, two a time.
Speaker 5: So all right.
Speaker 4: This has been a player's lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming for Chrispying Jazz.
Speaker 5: Everybody's been a part of it.
Speaker 2: That attack Maharrison, Bury Church, I'm talk to you tomorrow. Right here, let's go with dot com ready almost Friday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.