Speaker 1: Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR Pre Show Thursday, April twenty fourth. I am Shannon the Dude to be joined by Billy Relige, and you can give us a call on the Clark's Pupping Shop phone line at eight five nine two aight oh twenty two eighty seven be our whiskey Thief call of the day. You can also send us a text at five O two two six five six six five six. The KSR Pre Show is being brought to you by Italics Fine Italian Dining in Lexington. I'm being joined by the least pleasant person in the KSR world to meet out in public, Billy our Sports.
Speaker 1: That's according to Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Those are not my words, those are his words from the show yesterday. He ranked you dead last, Billy. What do you have to say? Do you want to give a rebuttal to that? I think you're a pretty pleasant person to meet.
Speaker 3: It's great to be with you, Shanon. It's a beautiful day outside. Today's a beautiful day. Yeah, I mean Brandon Garrison's coming into studio. NFL Draft is tonight, we end closer to the Kentucky Derby. I'm just so thrilled and halp to be here now to the poll. There's no way I am last on the list. First of all, the niceness after the show meeting people.
Speaker 4: Give me a break, Shane, back me up here a little bit.
Speaker 1: You've already got it wrong.
Speaker 2: You set a pole. There was no poll that I saw. It was Matt Jones' power rankings in his own head. So I don't think if we put it up to a poll.
Speaker 1: I think that people.
Speaker 2: I mean, I see you all the time when we go on remotes, we do the pre show, then you you know, you kind of set off to the side and watch the show and make sure everything's running smoothly. And I see you talking all the time to just you know, people that are there listening to the show. I always think that you're You're very nice from what I can tell. You know, Ryan is overly nice. He will, you know, talk to people when they don't even want to talk to him. But you know, I've stuck around after remotes twenty thirty minutes talking to people after the show while everybody else is long. God, so I don't want to hear how I am second to last least pleasant person to meet unless we're talking about in the world of OVW that's a different conversation. But outside of that world, I think you and I are very good with listeners, Shannon, I think we're top three. I don't know about these rankings, man. I mean, look, I like to mingle. I like to stick around and clean up the radio equipment, the diet coke bottles on the table, those all need to be cleaned up.
Speaker 1: Fact.
Speaker 4: Some people to run out as soon as the show show's over. Some people like to talk.
Speaker 1: You know what, I can't argue that.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how many times I've picked up a diet coke and a half eaten cookie on the table because somebody was in a hurry to get out of there.
Speaker 3: So give me a break, please least nice to the people. I mean, it's unbelievable how many people show up at remotest's. Let's let's start there, Shait. The Big Blue Nation is the best, and we can go to any town. What don't you guys have a street going on where somebody has shown up at every remote invited where you're remote?
Speaker 1: Man, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: We've traveled all over this country and then even outside of the country. Even when we were in Canada, we had show up for the shows. I mean this fan base, Kentucky fans, fans of KSR are the.
Speaker 1: I would put our fans. I say this all the time.
Speaker 2: I mean I would put our fan base up against any other fan base in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm with you. I need to be in the middle of nowhere Utah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the last of a zombies are running down the hill to come after you.
Speaker 4: And then we've got a crowd for the remote. It's it's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, even I mean anywhere that you're at there, there's going to be somebody showing up. And as long as Shannon the Dude's not stealing hand sanitizer bottles. I don't know why that came up in my head, but you know what, there's going to be a crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, so listen, don't listen to all the riff raff out there. Don't listen to what some people say. Billy and I the pre show. We love to meet the listeners when you come out to see us. So it was absolutely I even did a cameo last night. Billy and I haven't done cameos in a long time. I'm back on Cameo again. Oh, just wishing happy birthdays to people from my garage.
Speaker 1: Anybody asking for feet pick or is that just no? I think that's just you. Are you still on Cameo because I.
Speaker 3: Haven't downloaded it in a while, so, I mean there may be some requests. I don't know how it works, but I haven't been on since since the incident.
Speaker 2: You're like your one. That was like your second request, and I can't believe you actually did it. I told you, man, just open up only fans if you want to do that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I'm a man of the people, but I need five dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was really a dollar ninety nine after taxes on Cameo.
Speaker 1: Cameo getting on there filming videos.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's perfect time of the year for it. Shannon, you said you were wishing some happy birthdays, yeah, yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, maybe you can do some Derby picks later.
Speaker 4: Derby.
Speaker 1: Don't ask me.
Speaker 2: About the Derby man, do not ask me. Hold on a minute, I get a little text here from an anonymous Texter. Okay, let's see. Ryan has been the best to meet by far. Billy is the worst dot dot dot, the worst exclamation.
Speaker 1: Mark the worst. Okay, I'm just saying there it is.
Speaker 2: I'm not making that up. You see it right there in black white, I see it. Yeah, that is the text a screenshot. I won't say who sent that to me. I don't know who that originally was from. But Ryan has been the best to meet by far. Billy is the worst. Dot dot dot the worst.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have to cover up MAT's name at the top of the contact info there. I mean, well, that was sent to me like that. I didn't I didn't get the bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, worst. Okay, So work on your people skills, Billy. We drafted, speaking of KSR, yesterday, we drafted our basketball rosters for the Caliperi era. Yeah, and again Matt declared that he had the best team he and Drew. I think if you put it out there on social media, a lot of people did say that they thought I had the best roster out of the group. Let's go through some of them here and see what we got. You tell me who you think has the best roster.
Speaker 4: Okay, well I can tell you who has the worst.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people were saying that I had the best, No I and I love to back you up when you when you need a helping Hamdshannon. But I don't know if you understood the assignment. I think you were half listening. And look, I relate as a producer. You're answering the phones, you're doing it twenty other things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I leave them up. I couldn't keep up with like who had what, so I was kind of having to you know. Plus, we didn't know we were going to do this draft until he just sprung us on it last minute, so I didn't.
Speaker 4: Have That's that's another thing, no preparation.
Speaker 2: Right on top of that, I had the last pick, Like, who's who's deciding these orders that were going in?
Speaker 1: You know, you get the last pick.
Speaker 2: It's tough to have the you know, look at whoever has the best of the last pick of the draft tonight in the NFL draft and tell me what kind.
Speaker 3: Of well it's different. I mean, it's it's a snake draft. It's more advantageous than the NFL draft tonight. But you picked I mean, the prompt was what they did at Kentucky and you picked Devin Booker and Shay Gilgis.
Speaker 1: Okay, all these guys are in the NBA or.
Speaker 3: Correct Okay, Devin and Shay like they were, they didn't achieve their stardom and excellent basketball prowess until they were in the NBA and we saw their improvement. I mean, Booker couldn't get off the bench when it really mattered.
Speaker 2: Dude, he had people licking his car handle, the door handle. Okay, if you're not a star, you don't have random fans coming up and licking the handle on your car door, all right, licking the car door of darn Fox, Malik Monk, Deron Lamb, Julius Randall. No, it was Devin Booker. The guy was a star at Kentucky. I don't care if he came off the bench, Reed, Sheppard just came off the bench. Was in the the NBA draft.
Speaker 3: Lottery, all right, he was a top five pick. And he couldn't even wear a Kentucky shirt when Arkansas Kentucky played.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm just saying my team is Shay Gilgess, Alexander Tyler, Hero, Devin Booker, Karl Anthony Towns Bam out of bio Let's roll.
Speaker 1: I'll put those guys up against anybody's team, Okay.
Speaker 3: I mean I like Carl at the four and even Bam at the five. I think that's a solid front court. There's no doubt.
Speaker 1: PJ. Washed mean off the bench. I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know who was picked at that point of the draft. So Matt gave me PJ. Washington.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I don't care. I don't eat. You can give me PJ.
Speaker 2: Washington with the broken pinky or whatever he had in the NCAA tournament that year.
Speaker 1: I'll take him. Marcus tick off the bench.
Speaker 3: Come on, all right, don't get too defensive. I mean I like Drew's team a lot. I mean, if we're just looking at it from a bird's eye view, Emmanuel quickly will take a deep breath and hit those free throws. But every by the every other person on the roster, I feel like I wouldn't want to meet in the street fight Tyler Julis, Michael ki Gilchris Julius Randall to Marcus Cousins.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, Like, you know, Drew's team, My team comes to play basketball.
Speaker 1: Drew's team just wants to have a brawl. They just want to fight.
Speaker 3: It's Brandon Garrison after the Oklahoma game. He's just just looking for the smoke.
Speaker 1: Right. I mean, come on, man, I got Tyler Hero, He's a bucket. It's a bucket.
Speaker 2: Karl Anthony Towns, Yeah, I know he didn't shoot threes here at Kentucky, but bam out of Baio.
Speaker 4: Come on now, I'll give it to mad He's got a good team.
Speaker 3: I mean, you get Foxy picking the draft of course, Anthony.
Speaker 4: Vis and Terrence Jones.
Speaker 3: It kind of just falls to you, right, and then Oscar as being as one of his bench players along with Reed Shepherd. I was a little surprised Ryan. You know, Ryan went with Willie Coley Scott Stein much earlier than a guy like Oscar.
Speaker 2: And I was gonna pick Ochsker, but I didn't want Oscar disrupting my locker room. And you know, having premonitions of our of our team playing going down in the game, you know, you got to think about the the psyche, you know, the how is this team going to function together in the same locker room. You can't have I mean, yeah, Oscar may go out and get you thirty rebounds, but you can't have them coming in and talking about a pre emit premonition of a plane crash.
Speaker 3: Can't have that, That's right, you can't have any locker room drama, and that's where maybe your roster takes it over the edge. Shanning, you probably have great team chemistry on your team.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Speaking of drafts, the NFL draft is tonight, that's right. Cam Ward is the heavy favorite to go first, which we've talked about. You said that he leaked it on a Twitch broadcast. Oh yeah, he was like I think everybody already knew that anyway, who.
Speaker 3: Was the best receiver in the league. And it's like Treylon Burk's and Calvin Ridley like give me a break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but he could you know, I guess he will end up going to the Titans.
Speaker 1: They had the first pick.
Speaker 2: Could though, stir up some some problems with Will Levis.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there's a chance that Will Levis gets traded when they bring in cam Ward or maybe they you know, sit him behind Levis, make sure he you know, gets his sea legs in the NFL and is ready to go before they make a move on Levis.
Speaker 3: No, I think it's a very good chance Will Levis is traded during the NFL draft, if not shortly after. When you pick somebody with the number one overall pick. Nowadays, you're going to be expected to start right away, and whether that's right or not, that's a whole other show, Shannon, because we can talk about the you know, the success of rookie quarterbacks and how much it's dependent on giving them a little bit more time to figure things out, because a lot of times they're drafted by terrible organizations and they're thrown into bad situations that can can kill their confidence. But I fully expect Will Levis to not be on the Titan's roster after they select cam Ward. Well, was it only a couple of years ago we were watching Will Levis fall in the green room.
Speaker 1: No, he's got a right if that happens tonight.
Speaker 2: He's got a hate draft night. Unless it goes somewhere that maybe it was beneficial.
Speaker 1: For him too, Levis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I think he just wants to start somewhere and wants to continue to prove himself, So I think it a change of scenery would be good for him. But you know, Will Levis's sisters around him and his girlfriend who went viral and became famous that night. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to a guy like Maxwell Harriston who was invited to the green room, and we'll be hoping to hear his name called tonight.
Speaker 4: And then, I mean the other story.
Speaker 3: Of the draft is Shader Sanders Shannon. Where is he going to go? I think many expected him to be a top five pick. I think it's much more likely that he's picked around the range of twenty one. So I mean you could see, yeah, I think I really think you could see a fall. And I mean there's even rumors that even like a Jackson Dark could be selected before shadur So you know, I don't know, this is a weird because people lie a lot, right, I mean, there's just some really bad info out there when it comes to the NFL Draft, and and it's lying season for a reason. So I'll definitely be tuned in for it, looking forward to it tonight. In the smallest market in the NFL, in green Bay, green That's right.
Speaker 1: That's right, man.
Speaker 2: It's it's going to be quite the environment at Green Bay, Wisconsin. If you've never been to Green Bay, and more in particular lambeau Field, just just imagine like a sort of I don't know, like your average Midwestern neighborhood. Then you take an NFL stadium and then boom, just drop it right in the middle of it.
Speaker 1: That's lambeau Field.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any other stadium quite like it, especially at the pro level. I mean, we're at that that house party a couple of years ago. In the house party, I'm sitting here there in a living room in this house in a rocking chair, and they got the you know, the big tall glass slotting doors that goes into the backyard.
Speaker 1: I'm just sitting there, you know, join my hot Toddy or whatever.
Speaker 2: We were drinking that night, and I look out the window and lambeau Fiel is right there in the backyard. Like this is insanity, you know, It's crazy how it's just set up there.
Speaker 1: It's no place quite like Lambeau.
Speaker 3: You're in like a residential area. You take a turn and there's a huge NFL stadium right there, and one of the most historic, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the Frozen Tundrent. We're talking Vince Lombardi.
Speaker 3: I mean, these are some legends of the sport played there, and even Shannon the Dude.
Speaker 4: Rode bicycles with players practice right.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right.
Speaker 2: The only other like stadium that I can really think that would would be similar to that is kind of like Churchill Downs here in Louisville. You know, you're driving through neighborhoods and then boom, there's Churchill Downs. That's true, probably not in the best neighborhood. And then you turn around and there's the mecca that is Churchill Downs. And and they've had to stop some renovations that they've been doing. They just announced that the other day. I mean, I guess maybe because of some tariffs and construction was going to be a little bit more expensive than they thought. They've they've had to put a de lay on it, Shannon, as they get ready for the next Kentucky Derby coming up, Well, you're gonna be out there interviewing the jockeys this year for the Derby.
Speaker 1: I'm idea. Yeah, I'm gonna need to know how.
Speaker 2: Hard inflation has hit the Lily drinks and the mint julips, because I believe they were already about fifty seven dollars last year, so I expect them to go up even more this year. Oh yeah, you can send me a picture of the menu when you get out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I may try to go after some trainers this year. I went out to Keenland yesterday and met Kenny McPeak KSR guests and winner of not only the Oaks but the Kentucky Derby last year. So well, you know, we'll broaden our horizons a little bit, Shannon, and we're just trying to learn some more buzzwords so we can ask the jockeys actual real questions instead of you know, what'd you think of that race?
Speaker 1: Or do you think the horse knows he's in a race? What are your buzzwords? Furlong?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the furlong? How does the track feel? Is it firm? You know? Is it sloppy? How is it affecting your horse?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, any points in the track running little different?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know. We're learning here, Shane. All right, well i'll look forward to that coming up. What are we about a week two weeks.
Speaker 1: Ago in the Derby? Yeah, a couple of weeks. It looks sounds it seems like.
Speaker 2: We'll take your phone calls coming up next eight five, nine, two, aight, oh twenty two eighty seven. The guys who are very friendly to all of our listeners will be friendly to you if you call.
Speaker 1: In as well. It is the KSR pre Show.
Speaker 2: It is the KSR Pre Show eight five, nine and two A twenty two eighty seven. We'll get to your calls in just a minute. You brought up during the break the AI that you were trying to figure out if AI would know who you and I are. Whatever AI you were using was really bad, But then somebody followed up with it yesterday, I guess with the is it the groc on Twitter or the Chan GPT? The American version of it actually was pretty spot on for the most part. Did not think I was a hip hop DJ like your AI did.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Deep Seek Chinese AI doesn't seem like it's ready, Shannon, which is probably a good thing, I guess. So next time we ask AI question, maybe we'll just go to the Twitter version or chat GBT.
Speaker 1: Did you watch any of the games last night in the NBA. No.
Speaker 2: I came home and watched Conclave last night. Shit you okay, you're getting ready for the new Pope.
Speaker 1: I understand. Well.
Speaker 2: My Celtics went up too on the Magic, so I'm happy about that. But Porzingis got busted open, said, I did see this.
Speaker 3: I saw a still frame of his bloody head shin and what happened.
Speaker 1: Well, he got an elbow.
Speaker 2: They ended up calling I think a flagrant won on it, so he had to shoot free throws.
Speaker 1: But he gets busted open.
Speaker 2: He's got blood running all over his face and it's into like his you know, he's got that shaved, but he's got a shaved to have.
Speaker 1: But he's got a little bit of hair up there.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like a like a one guard if you're getting a haircut.
Speaker 1: Uh, maybe even less than that.
Speaker 2: But he comes back to shoot the free throws and he's got blood like all in his hair and like all over his face. And I don't think I've ever seen that before. Like normally they don't let you stay in the game, even to shoot free throw. I didn't think anyway, But they let him come back shoot the free throws. Then they you know, took him out and cleaned them up a little bit.
Speaker 3: But well, yeah, you got to clean that up. I don't want anybody bleeding on me.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean I was watching it with a buddy of mine.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, yeah, it's all drawed up, it'll be okay, Like, yeah, what happens when he sweats he's gonna have more that dried up blood all over his face, rubbing all over that.
Speaker 3: You can't have that anyway. Get some tow boys there to clean up the sweat and blood. Please, this is the playoffs. But good on your Celtics. And were there any other games last night, Shannon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of others, but you know, Celtics are the ones that really matter, the only one that matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, and the.
Speaker 2: Eighty two game grind is done and we're ready for the playoff drama drama. You can get in all the action with Draft Kings sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NBA. They're home to the NBA player props all season long and that continues to throughout the playoffs. It's super easy for first time ors to get started. You can try betting on something simple like a team to win, and when you sign up with Promo Code KSR, you bet five dollars win or lose, or you're going to get two hundred dollars in bonus beds. Instantly make it a playoff run to remember. With Draft Kings and Promo Code KSR, the crown is yours. If you have a gambling problem. Call on it on Hunred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only a Buddy. Restrictions apply new customers only. Bonus betts expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources CEEDKNG dot Co slash Audio Hey five nine, twenty two eighty seven. Let's go to the phones and talk to Nicky.
Speaker 1: What's up? Nikki?
Speaker 4: Hey, Nikki.
Speaker 6: Billy On the Today Showing, the Coxucky Football got a really good vote, so they had a life interview with Maxwell Harriston and they probably lasted thirty second. Showed him some highlights, having Shilling graduating with his family, interviewing twice. It's got to help football and good recognition for that young man.
Speaker 2: No doubt about it. Yeah, I didn't get to see on the Today Show. But Maxwell Harriston he is Where is he projected to go? I'd have to play it like end of the first round, start of the second. But Shannon, he got invited to the green room. He's gonna be there, so he could theoretically be like a Will Levis and not selected and had to show up tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I hope that doesn't happen for us.
Speaker 2: I'll see here, one projection has him going at twenty fourth to the Vikings.
Speaker 4: That'd be good.
Speaker 2: Let's see another one has him at twenty seventh with the Ravens. So it's from what I'm seeing here. I mean, you know, you can go off the projections and take them for what they're worth. But according to you know, people who do the mock draft for a living, they've got Maxwell Harriston looks right around somewhere between twenty four through thirty. Another one's got them at thirtieth with the Bills. So yeah, hopefully he gets his name called out in the first round.
Speaker 3: And when you get when you get picked around that area, you go to a good team, right, So hopefully Maxwell will be planning on maybe a playoff team soon.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I think one of the bigger surprises is Dion Walker. You guys touched on it, yestera me day. I mean, that guy's what going to be a third fourth round pick. Now, it's it's unbelievable what's happened to his stock. I also think about some of my favorite NFL draft moments. Do you remember when Ceedee Lamb was sitting at home and was getting drafted and his girlfriend tried to take his phone.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I do remember that. Yeah right, get that back? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What are you checking that?
Speaker 2: Take another person's phone out of their hand, right, I mean that's that's uh, it's privacy, right, that's private.
Speaker 3: Depends on where you're at in your relationship, Shannon. Would you let Sarah go through your phone? No?
Speaker 1: I don't think I would let anybody go through my phone? Would you?
Speaker 3: You're gonna let moroat? I'm an open book if you can go through my phone whenever I want. I got nothing to hide. I can't live if I had something to hide, Shannon, what's not you.
Speaker 2: Got anything to hide? I just don't want anybody like just going through my phone. I feel like that's I don't know, I mean it's yeah, I feel like that's going into the the you know, the shower and pulling back the curtain.
Speaker 4: Thinks of privacy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Looking up your browser history, Shannon, or do you have something to hide?
Speaker 2: You gonna see all my extensive research that I do for this show every day in my browser history.
Speaker 1: You don't need to be seeing that.
Speaker 3: It's like, why are you looking up furry conventions and costumes? Like, what is what is going on?
Speaker 2: Well, there's probably one of those going on this weekend. I feel like there's always a convention like every other week going on in Lobsll or Likesington.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, the furres have money too, you know, I guess.
Speaker 1: So let's go to Jonathan. What's up Jonathan?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, thinks for taking my call. Those rankings yesterday a pretty bogus. I've always loved chatting both of you at the Shady Race of Louisville. I hope you guys will be in Volisville for some remotes uh this summer. I just wanted to say about will Evis that I think today is just really sad day for for him and and for all UK fans that have been supporting them at the Titans. I think, I guess at this point, best case scenario is that you know, they draft their new guy and he goes out somewhere new and hopefully can find a new home that maybe he can find a path to play. But I just I just still hate it for him that I feel like he didn't get the development that he deserved in the right environment. Everybody has been kind of giving him the Josh Allen comparison, and that he just needed a couple of years to kind of work on on limiting the terrible turnovers and the terrible kind of moments that he's had and just focus on being consistent and being great. So I overall, I just think it's a real sad day for Kentucky fans with with will Levis. But I hope that he can find some some new home and really shine there.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the colleg Jonathan, Will. I appreciate it, you know. I mean, look, here's the thing. If will Levis, you know, continues to have the work ethic, I think he can land on his feet somewhere. I don't know where that will be, but I think that he can.
Speaker 3: And look at a guy like Baker, it just depends on where you're at a lot of time.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back KOSR apreciow, Welcome back, KSR pre show a little stp right here. You can hear my band playing this when the Saturday Night Billy we returned to ten Roof, not ten Roof Nashville. We're gonna be at ten Roof and Louisville Saturday night at eight o'clock. So it's one of those shows where we're gonna have to get up there and play for four straight hours again getting too.
Speaker 1: Old for this man. Four straight hours is who? Like we did?
Speaker 2: You know, it's okay to do it once a year, but you turn around and do it a month later, it's not gonna be easy.
Speaker 4: Well, no, no worry.
Speaker 3: You'll get a fireball shot from the crowd and you'll get a surge of energy when you do another STP song, so you'll be fine. You added any songs to the setless recently?
Speaker 2: We did add the one that we were talking about on KSR a couple of days ago, mister Brightside from the Yes, yeah, that's a good one. We added another Green Day song to the list, So yeah, we're always We're always evolve. Of course, we're still looking for a permanent guitar player too, so that's that's still a search that's ongoing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, send your submissions to me at Shannon the Dude on social media.
Speaker 2: All right, So, Billy, before we get into like stuff that has completely nothing to do at all with Kentucky or sports, Oh come on, we can't do that now that we will just themnut at the house versus the NC double A decision. I wanted to just update people on this has been delayed another two weeks. Remember this is the the case that would back pay former college athletes. But the hang up here is on the roster limits. So the judge is giving the nc DOUABLEA a couple of weeks to adjust the roster line's and allow current players to be grandfathered in so that they don't lose either a scholarship or their place on the team. Probably a good thing, right, So you have to just have all these guys that have scholarships and go, well bye, we have a new law that says that you can't have any more than x amount of players keeps. You know, it gives the possibility for these guys to stay on.
Speaker 3: The team and a very confusing thing that's happening in college sports right now. That makes a lot of sense, doesn't it. So you know, the NCAA will now have fourteen days to respond. And now that's why there's a delay. And while we're on pins and needles, I think you got to take your time on this. You got to get it right right. I mean, if you were to have an oversight and then something like that were to happen we're current scholarship players were whisked off the team is then it'd be a real problem and could open you up to some lawsuits.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: So you know this is this is something that we've been waiting for, Shannon, but it sounds like we're gonna have to be waiting for.
Speaker 4: A little bit longer, a couple more weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all about the money man, What's what it's come down to?
Speaker 2: Speaking of which fair or foul? From Joe Kyle who writes it on Twitter? Okay, this is about Dick Vitelo who tweeted out I guess he's complaining on Twitter about college athletes making millions of dollars. I think he more specifically was talking about the twenty million dollar nil that was being reported. Would you heard Matt say yesterday he doesn't believe it. I don't believe it either.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I think that's that number is way more inflated than what the actual truth is. I wouldn't say it's twenty but maybe it's a little closer than you think.
Speaker 2: But anyway, he says, for someone who made millions broadcasting and talking about the games, is upset when the athletes that are providing the product itself, make money fair or foul? I'm wait, so Dicky v tweeted that out last night? No, no, no, I'm I told you what Dick Vittel tweeted. He was complaining about the number of twenty million dollars that has going to report it. This listener is asking fair or foul for someone who made millions of dollars broadcasting and talking about the games being upset about athletes who are actually providing the product money fair or foul? For Dick Vitel to complain about athletes making millions of dollars, Oh well, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I think it's it's probably foul in the grand scheme of things. Now, we've we've heard a lot of curmudgeons talk about how it's not as it was back in my day, and we've seen a lot of them just even leave the sport, right, I mean, coach k Roy Williams, these guys just aren't going to deal with it. The guy at Villanova as well, Jay. So you know, it's it's not surprising, but I think it is foul for Dick Vitel to complain about it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: I would hope that he would realize the opportunity that these players are being finally offered, right, I mean the same that coaches have been offered for so many years. I think the landscape has become more fair for everyone. So it's disappointing to hear that Dicky V has that opinion.
Speaker 1: Any thing. Well, I mean I would say foul too.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about all the money over the years, and that's what this whole you know, house versus C Double A is about all the money that the NC Double A and schools have profited off the backs of these players who are going out there and we're playing for free.
Speaker 1: I mean, so you say playing for free.
Speaker 2: They were getting a scholarship, okay, fair enough, but their name, image and likeness that was being used all over the place and they weren't getting a penny for it. So yeah, I say foul. I mean, I'm all for the players getting paid. If they go out there and get millions of dollars, more power to them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you know the value of a degree has changed a lot over the years. You could argue that it was much more valuable, you know, three four, five decades ago than it is now.
Speaker 2: That's that's the other thing, man, how many college graduates have gone, you know, and spent let's say they didn't go on scholarship, they had to you know, pay eighty thousand up to one hundred thousand dollars tuition, you know, just to go to college.
Speaker 1: Then you get out of college, you can't find a job.
Speaker 4: Right, So you know, nowadays it's a joke. It really is.
Speaker 3: And I'm not going to act like a degree was not valuable and maybe is not valuable today because it can set you up for opportunities in life. But I mean, and they couldn't put peanut butter on their crackers without getting suspended, Shannon, I mean it was ridiculous. I mean, amateurism as a concept is was outdated by you know, half a century.
Speaker 2: At that point, right, But you know, I mean, like take me for instance, I remember, you know, graduating and going, Okay, I'm part time at a radio station. But it can't find a full time job anywhere. College degree, Like, what does that even mean anymore? Unless it's very very specific as to what you're you know, your major was for communications, Like me, I ended up going and working at a hospital for four years after getting a degree from Bellerman in communications.
Speaker 3: And you know, let's say you play four or five years on a football team, you get a sports management degree, and you know you thought you were going pro, but an injury holds you out of it. You know, you're unless you didn't take advantage of the opportunities, then you find yourself in a weird void.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk about something much more important. Okay, you heard Matt talk about yesterday on the show. He says, you know what we do on KSR, first and foremost is innertainment. It's an entertainment show. In Kentucky's sports is just the vehicle that drives it, right, Yeah, yeah, that's right. So we're going to lean into that entertainment aspect of the show heavily on this this next part of the segment.
Speaker 4: Okay, going on, I am fascinated.
Speaker 2: I am fascinated with this video of these two twins that were on a news report in Australia. Okay, set aside, what this saw, what the topic it is? All right, you know what I'm talking about? Yes, I was gonna play this yesterday.
Speaker 1: All right, So there was some.
Speaker 2: Crime I don't know, like exactly what the details of the crime was. Doesn't matter. That's not what I want to focus on here. I want to focus on these two twins that were interviewed and seem to speak in unison. They're the I'm calling them the the in sync Twins because everything they say is perfectly in sync. I have no idea how this happens, baffling. I don't know if it's telepathy or what it is. I want to play just a little bit of a clip from this Australian News broadcast of two twins who were interviewed about the the crime that just took place.
Speaker 1: So take a listen to this.
Speaker 7: Here we go and one guy, he was up there with our mom and he went up there and he was coming back down towards us, and he goes, run, he's got a gun. And our hearts started a pound and I said, oh Mom, where's mom? And poor mama was suck up there by apparently our bravey Mom. She goes, are you all right? Because he had all blahod over his face, and he goes, I'll shoot you.
Speaker 4: She goes, hey, I'm.
Speaker 7: Needing to help, and Mom just strategy, needing to make him look the other way. And he looked the other way and Mama ran into the bush behind the fence fence and then I goes to I'll find you and I'll shoot you.
Speaker 1: I mean, like, I am blown away by this entire.
Speaker 2: Telepathic twin connection that these two have where they can be interviewed.
Speaker 1: I mean, Billy, how does that happen? Like?
Speaker 2: Do they have a prepared statement where they know that they're going to say word for word the same thing.
Speaker 1: Then the guy asked a question and you go, okay.
Speaker 2: Well they couldn't get that right because they don't know what they're going to say.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, here we go when we're running.
Speaker 7: I hope he doesn't higher.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we were so how close to him do you think you were?
Speaker 7: Well, see he was out there and we were half say yeah, yeah. Don't you think of all of that at the time. No, you just run for your life. Life.
Speaker 2: They kind of got it wrong there at the end. One said life and one said safety. Is No one else's baffled by that as I am. Is that not one of the strangest things you've ever seen or heard?
Speaker 4: It's bizarre. I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: Bridget and paula Australian identical twins who had previously gone viral, maybe in like twenty eighteen nineteen, when I think they were on America's Got Talent or Britain's Got Talent, Shannon. Yeah, but this resurfaces and I don't know how they do it. It's it's incredible. So I had to look into it, right, I mean, because people all had the same question. Some people think it's twin telepathy. Do you think there's anything to being a twin? And like if somebody were to get hurt, the other twin would feel it thousands of miles away, Shanna.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe that.
Speaker 2: But you know, like remember when we have like the Sclar brothers on Yeah, a lot of times they would kind of finish each other's sentences.
Speaker 1: But this right here is on a different level. This isn't finishing each other's sentence.
Speaker 2: This is saying the exact same thing at the exact same time together, like in unison.
Speaker 1: And I've never seen anything like that before.
Speaker 3: Right, And so that's why I'm leaning it's it's not telepathy. It's more mirroring. When people closely connected start to unconsciously reflect each other, then I think you can get a situation like this. So like if we were to live with each other for thirty three years, Shannon in the same house, doing the same activities, working the same job, you know, we probably start finishing each other's sentences. But I think there's probably also an added layer to this of them being twins, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I don't know. I mean, I know a lot of twins. Well, I don't know a lot of twins. I know some twins, but not know of them talk together like that. You know.
Speaker 3: I don't believe like if they get a prick on their finger, the other twin feels it hundreds of thousands of.
Speaker 1: Miles together ow at the same time.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think that, but I do think there are situations where you can feel your other twin. And I don't know I have any expertise on it. I was friends with twins and I still am, and maybe I can ask them more about this. But Shannon, there is a weird connection with twins. It's maybe not as black and white as what we're saying, but I mean, obviously in that video clip that you see that there's something a little something going on.
Speaker 2: I guess if you asked them the question and they had different answers, you could know which one's lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the same thing, you know, you know one of them's lying. You don't know which ones' tell them the truth. But like, let's do the interview separate now next time, right, I mean no, I want them together? App No, what are you talk? That's no. I want them to get police.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take them into different rooms and sequester them and interview them. They're not gonna get to talk together to keep their story straight. Shitted, So this carjacking, whatever is going on, they shouldn't be interviewing together like that.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: We don't really do guest interviews on this show, but Billy, if you can book the telepathic twins for the KSR pre show, I could do an entire show with them, Like, just have them feel in for me. I'm gonna have them feel in for you next time you're on vacation.
Speaker 4: Well, our liaison Max stuff. He may need to help us with that.
Speaker 3: Maybe he can get in touch or at least find the city where these these twins are in and we can reach out to Maybe we'll just make it a fade this episode where I've got to call a random town and maybe I just end up trying to call someone that knows these twins to give us more information. But it's funny. I saw that story and I thought immediately that is a pre show topic. I cannot wait to play it. And then, you know, you bring it up today because you and I will.
Speaker 2: See you and I have that you got the thing you talk about it. We didn't even talk about it before the show. You know, it would be cool at first, Billy, but I think like after an hour of listening to those two talk in Unison, I would be like, you know what, I need a drink, and luckily I would have some silk velvet whiskey right there next to me. Oh, they're talking about a historic brand revived crafted in eighteen eighty in Henderson, Kentucky. I've told this story before about how silk velvet whiskey has been brought back. You know, it was one of the most popular bourbons out there. Then prohibition came along shut it down. Silk velvet whiskey didn't exist for over one hundred years, but the Hargest family brought it back just last year and the name silk Velvet was born when as Winstead, Colonel as Winstead put some respect on his name. Tastes the first batge in eighteen eighty and declared the smoothest whiskey on the market. It's available for purchase at Silk Velvet Whiskey dot com. You can also get it in liquor stores throughout the state. Just follow Silk Velvet Whiskey on social media. They've got linked up all the different stores that you can find it, and it continues to grow the distribution, so make sure you check it out. A forgotten legend reborn for bourbon lovers today. Smooth as silk and rich as velvet. It's Silk Velvet Whiskey. We're gonna take a break and we'll be right back for the final segment of the ksrpre show to Tops and Twins.
Speaker 1: Right there, Billy, some eighties music. You probably don't know anything about eighties music. Oh you do?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Ah, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: You know the lyrics at Shannon of the Dude At Billy our Sports, Aaron writes in and says, when I met Billy and Shannon or no, No says at Shannon of the Dude, When I met Billy, He was very nice.
Speaker 1: Both of you are incredibly friendly. Don't listen to the haters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: We had a bunch of people back us up on the text line. I appreciate that. Also.
Speaker 3: One person on the text line saying about the identical twins, Shannon, one person has friends that are twins. They went fishing with them, picked one up in Williamsburg and the other in Middlesborough. They both had the exact same outfit on Well.
Speaker 2: That's what these twins were like. They say they dressed the same every day. I mean, if you had a twin, could you dress the same every day? Wouldn't that get old?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I want to be my own person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I feel like if you're like above the age of seven, you get a twin and you're dressing the same, I don't know, Man's it's a little weird.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Listen, I get the unbreakable bond I have with my identical twin. That does not mean I have to wear overalls every time that they're feeling overalls, right, I mean that seems a little bizarre. But when you're that deep into the sauce, Shin, I guess you just you're doing everything together at that point.
Speaker 2: The segment is sponsored by the book I Am Hope Growing Up with an Addict by Stephen Hope from right here in Kentucky. If addiction has touched your life, this book can help. And here's something you need to hear about Kentucky. It's I Am Hope Growing Up with an Addict. It's a powerful true story from Stephen Hope. Like I said, he's from right here in Kentucky and he's got a book that's a real resource to help break the cycle of addiction. We all know how hard addiction has hit the Bluegrass State. And you can find it on Apple and on Amazon. Even has an audio book that comes with exclusive bonus material. This book to help those who were in a similar situation, to let you know that you're not alone, what you can expect, you know in the future, moving forward, and how to navigate that type of situation. It's I Am Hope. Check it out on Amazon and on Apple. All right, So, Billy, let me ask you this. We were just talking during the break about that there's a story that came up. The likelihood of this happening is very low, but we're talking about you know, lambeau Field earlier, Speaking of stadiums, there's talk of, I guess next year, the possibility of the Cincinnati Bengals and the Chicago Bears sharing the same stadium.
Speaker 3: You saw this, right, Yeah, Now this is an odd story. I mean, there's a couple of stadiums that have two teams, right La and then one in New Jersey right with the Giants and the Jets. But I guess the Bears are having a tough time finding tax payer funding for a new stadium, and with a team like Cincinnati, who is only a couple months away from they're lease expiring that I guess there is a option that Cincinnati could play home games in Chicago. I guess that would help the funding that the Bears needed to find a new stadium. But how does that help Cincinnati?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like it's gonna let Cincinnati come in for free.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That seems like a long shot.
Speaker 3: I did see some stuff where it seemed like the county and the team in Cincinnati were making some progress on some renovations of a new stadium. But you know, I don't know Shannon asking tax payers to pay for these billion dollar stadiums when billion dollars or billionaire owners aren't willing to do it themselves.
Speaker 4: It just seems a.
Speaker 2: Little greedy, don't Yeah. Yeah, And like I said, I got very doubtful this happens. I mean, the Cincinnati just the Bengals just gonna up and leave Cincinnati and go play in Chicago.
Speaker 1: The Chicago Bengals at that point, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't you just call it like the A's the Athletics. You know, the A's are playing in what Sacramento this year. They're just talking from the Athletics and they're not even gonna be in that stadium for like another what three years.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 2: They're gonna they go to Vegas, right, Yeah, I don't know that whole situation. Straighters left A's left. You would think you would have a stadium already ready to go for them before you just you know, sold the team.
Speaker 1: But it is what it is. Billy.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this about texting etiquette. Do you have texting etiquette? Do you oh, do you fill the obligation to quickly text someone back.
Speaker 1: When you get a text?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, no, I actually like wait a little bit, Well, you're actually, according to an etiquette and Manners expert. They say, it's perfectly okay to not text somebody right away.
Speaker 4: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: You have to separate the two realize it's just another form of communication and whatever you got going on in your life doesn't mean that text has to be more important than what you have currently going on. So, like, right now, I've got several seven texts I have not answered. A bunch of them looks like from the KSR group. But you know what, I'm doing a radio show right now, So it's perfectly fine to not have to answer those texts right away because I'm trying to do a radio show and not answer a group text about getting Matt Jones in the building.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you got to digest it a little bit, right and think about what you want to say. I think it originally started for me when I was texting girls and you didn't want to seem too interested, so you didn't text.
Speaker 4: Back right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gave them like, you know, let's let's wait a week then text.
Speaker 3: The well double the amount of time that they wait to text you, and then oh, essentually, you guys aren't texting each other because you're just waiting on the other person to text, and so it's a slippery stale.
Speaker 1: Let's be what Jennifer Lawrence is doing to you.
Speaker 2: She's still had again. Hey, the eighty two NBA season is a grind and it's done. Playoffs are here. New customers on DraftKings bet five dollars to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. That's the deal, same game, parlays, live betting, player props. It's all there for you on Draft Kings. The crind is yours gambling problem? Call wanting to hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibiddy restrictions apply. New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. It's additional terms and responsible. Gave me resource to see DKNG dot co slash audio. That's it for the pre show for Billy Rutledge. I'm shading the dude. We'll try to be nice to you if we see you out in public.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Say it