Speaker 1: Nothing better than a Friday and a brand new episode. Yeah. Yeah, and today it gets a little spicy. It's kind of fun. I think a lot of people are going to have some real strong opinions about the woman on the phone today, yeah, or the nickname that she's been given. Yeah, yeah, back too. Welcome to it. You have found the official place to find your Second Date podcast. It is Brooke and Jeffrey. Yeah, I'm so glad you're here. Before we get to it, we always love to highlight our listeners. So what are people saying? Kiky Ray said in all caps, Brooke, what is going on?
Speaker 2: You've started the stage in your life which is usually for people either.
Speaker 1: In church agreeing or older generations. Where did this come from? And why?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Now I'm in my head.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I could be doing it. How do you know it's me? And how do you know it's not Jeff Maybe he has real feminine or action in the background.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: Well second, I think I'm trying to be an active listener. Maybe I'm trying too hard. I'll go back to caring less. I promise. All right, your brand new episode with all the hm hmm next, no, now, Broke and Jeffrey in the morning second date updates.
Speaker 3: We don't normally ever do this, but I feel like today we have to issue a pre story warning to our own Jose belongos no because you scared. Well, the date that we're about to hear apparently involves one of Jose's all time favorite foods.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I get help.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, I know, Jose, You're a food. You're gonna be really excited and tempted to ask a million questions about the meal that this woman ate.
Speaker 1: Tell us all the background and who did it best, and what country the origin.
Speaker 3: Is, what's spoon is the best to eat it with? But no, let's try to remember to focus on the date itself. I mean, right now, I'm thinking of all my favorite friend.
Speaker 1: I know, I just say he ordered chicken nuggets and.
Speaker 3: Wet, it's not what it is. And it's our listener who has requested our help today. So with that in mind, Abby, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, thank you.
Speaker 1: I may dislike you depending on what distracted Jose gets and it don't take it personal.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, so before we even go down the food rabbit hole, let's just start at the top with the guy that you met. What's his name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I met this guy named Carter. Carter.
Speaker 1: Where did we find him?
Speaker 2: I met him on bumble Actually, okay, nice?
Speaker 1: What did you like about him?
Speaker 2: So we bonded over a bunch of stuff. But my favorite thing about him is that he's a big foodie.
Speaker 1: Oh see, people like it, Brooke, I know, I know, I do like it when it's just you and I talking like everybody else would find our conversation boring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So he enjoys food that's rare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's food. It's good food. We're both like active people. I really enjoy like eating good.
Speaker 1: Dude. What a competition though, because you have two foodies, so it's like one of you is probably constantly trying to impress the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your favorite one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you feel pressure to pick the perfect restaurant?
Speaker 2: So he actually picked it and it was, oh my god, it's so good. It was this like really nice like upscale Ramen place. O.
Speaker 3: J calm down, Okay, I love Romen.
Speaker 2: So I was very very excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, and did he know that already? Mean that's thoughtful, right, He's a foodie. He's finding the spot that is a cuisine you like or a type of food you like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So I was really excited to go for both the food and for him because I was eager to meet him.
Speaker 3: So nice. So what was it like when you finally met up?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, so great. So I walk in and he just smiles this big smile. It's just like a like a nice, genuine smile that's like, Hey, I'm good looking, but I don't really know it. I'm just happy to see you.
Speaker 3: Got all that from his smile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how does he not know he's good looking from his smile?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He was just really friendly. He's also really well dressed. Like the past couple of dates I've been on, people are showing up in like T shirts and sweatpants and stuff, and I'm like, I actually like shaved my legs for this.
Speaker 3: He's got good clothes, a good smile. But what about like your connection? How is his personality?
Speaker 2: I really liked his personality. So we got to talking and he actually was telling me about his job, which I still don't fully understand, but he works in it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, you just yeh nod your head when anybody says I right.
Speaker 3: Moving on next topic of conversation, we're.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, computers, okay, And like he was telling me this story about like how when his mom asked what he did at his job, he kind of just told her that he like runs the internet. I thought was really funny and charming because he wasn't saying it's a brag or anything. I mean, it's just his mom, but like, yeah, he's like when those posts go viral, like it's me that's deciding, like when they got.
Speaker 1: Good because we have some favors to ask him when we get him on the second, we need some more viral content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's Joe, internet.
Speaker 3: Guy who's really really good with food, he's good with tech. He's handsome, but he doesn't even know it fashionable.
Speaker 1: Was there any red flags on the date, like something that you did.
Speaker 2: Wrong or I feel like no, Like I definitely remember talking to him about me moving. I just recently moved.
Speaker 3: Oh but you're at your destination. You're not moving somewhere else correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, no, well.
Speaker 3: That should be good because then he can show you new places in the city.
Speaker 4: That's what I've figured.
Speaker 2: Like that's kind of why I brought it up too, because I did enjoy the restaurant so much, so we were just bonding over that and like how moving sucks and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: How did you two leave it at the end of the night.
Speaker 2: Oh, so listen to this. So at the end of the night, there was a table next to us who was not very nice to the waiter. They were just like really high maintenance, and he was being so kind to our waiter, like just asking where he's from, just like being really bubbly and like joking with him and stuff. And the people next to us leave without leaving a tip.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he takes money out of his wallet and puts it on the table next to ours.
Speaker 1: Why this guy is all green flags, That's.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, Like, I don't I don't understand at all. And on top of that, we left the restaurant were walking around the neighborhood because like, I didn't really want to go home yet because I was having such a good time. He gave me a kiss. It was a normal, like nice sweet good night kiss, left it that said we'll be in touch. I was so elated that I was just like, nothing can go wrong.
Speaker 1: Here, dude, and that's such a good to the end of like a perfect first date when you're just on this high. That feels so good, right, it was totally like a rom com Common.
Speaker 3: I almost like that, Okay, something's gotta be up if it went as well as she's saying it when and there's no communication since, we got to help figure that out for her. So when we come back, we'll reach out to Carter and figure out what is wrong with this guy once and for all. There's got to be something.
Speaker 1: Maybe the Internet went down and he's just been really busy fixing it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, he's getting it back up and running, and we're gonna find out what's going on with your second date update Ramen Common Edition Jef like, yes, it kind of hurt me to We'll do it right after this.
Speaker 1: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Second date updates.
Speaker 3: Interesting situation happened on a first date recently between our listener Abby and the guy she was having dinner with, Carter.
Speaker 1: What was interesting? I mean it sounds like they had a great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I seemed to be showing green flags all night long, and even when he spotted another table nearby that left without putting down a tip, he pulled out cash from his own wallet and paid on behalf of those rude customers. Wow, that's what everybody said. Wow, what amuzing gool? Flag? But I want to pose a question that Brooke always asks me.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 3: Who on Earth carries cash on their person anymore? I'll tell you who. Drug dealers, street magicians who put their top hat down for tips, and conspiracy theorists who don't trust banks or digital forms of currency. So there you go. That's three possible red flags for you right there.
Speaker 1: Abby, I'd say two and a half in that list.
Speaker 3: Okay, is it possible that Carter is a secret drug dealing, street magic, conspiracy theorist?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, I mean anything is possible. I guess, But I really didn't have that mine.
Speaker 3: He did disappear, and he does lie to his mom that he controls the internet, So remember flags.
Speaker 1: Drug would say that that's right.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. We'll find out what's really going on with him if he picks up the phone that I'm going to dial it right now? You ready to do this, Abby?
Speaker 4: I'm ready. Let's do it, all right, let's do it? Hello?
Speaker 3: Oh hey, is this Carter.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, is this Carter?
Speaker 1: He's typing? Can you hear that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, typewriter?
Speaker 1: Are you at worse a typewriter? That can't be a typewriter?
Speaker 4: Who am I speaking with?
Speaker 3: Sorry? This we're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hey, and we don't want to like derail your day, but we're really hoping to talk to you. If anything, we want to rail your day. A radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: We're also on the internet podcast. We have great YouTube has the internet?
Speaker 3: If he's on a typewriter, I don't even remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you know this about me? Man?
Speaker 3: I mean we heard about it from a girl that you went on a date with recently, a listener to our show and someone that really liked you, a girl named Abby.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, could you just stop working for like, literally three minutes.
Speaker 3: We won't take you too much of your time, but we're doing something called a second date update.
Speaker 4: Let me say this first, real quick coldal for a second, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, we don't want to get in the way of your work, but we do want to get some answers for Abby about if there's a reason why after your date, you haven't really been talking to her very much.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she wants me to share with you why.
Speaker 3: Actually, no, she does, which is why she reached out to our show. She's going to hear whatever the reason might be, even if it might make her look bad. She just wants to know.
Speaker 4: So after the date, I was kind of on this on this high, and I shared her picture with a few of my coworkers after the date, you know, and some red flags came up.
Speaker 1: What do you mean red flags that you didn't see on the date? You're trusting someone it didn't work out with with her?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Wait was it an ex? I thought it was just so much.
Speaker 4: This person didn't date her. He just kind of knows about her.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, knows what about her?
Speaker 3: What information did you get?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seems that she's been engaged like four times, okay, and has broken them off each time.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that can be good if it's not meant to be a marriage, I mean better than getting married.
Speaker 3: And then, yeah, what's a red flag to you about that?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean she's going through these relationships, what could possibly be wrong that she didn't continue. I mean, my friend called her the ring reaper.
Speaker 1: That's so rude. I'm dying to know why she turned down the proposally, like what happened? I want to know why she accepted in the first place. I mean, it's not her fault she's getting proposed to.
Speaker 3: Do you know the nature of any of these previous engagements and breakups that she's gone through before?
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not fair. Like I have a girlfriend who's gotten engaged a couple of times, and like two of the times the guy was cheating on her.
Speaker 3: What would you want her to do the marriage? But four times, I mean that is a lot to like get engaged and not go through it because maybe she has a bad picker too, or.
Speaker 1: She gets time she's really wanted. I've never been engaged to four times.
Speaker 3: Don't want to marry her. There's a reason for that.
Speaker 1: A good package.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something, I mean, clearly something is going on. Aren't you curious to know what that is?
Speaker 2: Carter?
Speaker 4: I have to protect myself from all this stuff.
Speaker 3: Let's risk it. Because she's actually on the line right now waiting to talk to my gun.
Speaker 4: Please tell me you're joking.
Speaker 3: No, we don't do jokes on this show.
Speaker 2: Hi, Carter, that name is insane and I literally don't even know what to say. You're taking advice from people who know people who know people who call me by a silly, like juvenile name. They don't even know anything about me.
Speaker 4: Are you saying you haven't been engaged four times?
Speaker 2: You know what I have? But also, I wasn't going to bring that up on a first date number one and number two. If you really liked me that much, maybe you would have like confronted me about it rather than ghosting me.
Speaker 3: Listen, Abby, Whether or not it's justified for Carter, it's a red flag that you've been engaged four times and broken off all four of them. And maybe if you could just like tell us more about it, it would help him get some clarity whatever.
Speaker 2: I didn't really want to disclose this but on the radio. But okay, so I was engaged four times to the same guy.
Speaker 1: She's in one of those toxic yo yo relationships. No, everybody's been in one of those.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I'm listening. So why didn't you guys go through with the commitment?
Speaker 2: Then it was a very long term relationship. I was not in a place to be engaged and there was some infidelity on my side of it.
Speaker 3: Wait, but you cheated?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to be honest with you, it's just because I was scared to be engaged. I was too young. I wasn't ready for commitment like that.
Speaker 3: But then you kept getting re engaged.
Speaker 1: Why did he keeps you? Guys? It sounds like it was a really toxic situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And how do you know all four times that I was engaged, I cheated and it was because I was engaged.
Speaker 1: Why are you reiterating this?
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to be honest with everyone here. And to go even further, two of them happened at the altar, and I'm not proud of it.
Speaker 3: Cheated on the altar?
Speaker 2: You stopped the official God, No, I just broke it up while I was up there.
Speaker 1: Around whoever your maid of honor is must have had such a headache, dishonor girl?
Speaker 3: That is all right?
Speaker 1: That is messy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is messy. And you know what, I've been on faithful to fiance's carter. But I guarantee you I have never cheated on a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: There we go propose Carter, and you're good.
Speaker 3: We're not asking you to get engaged or to get married or anything. We're just asking if you want to go on one more date with Abby. You do a foody date again, forget about all this, and if you are, we would pay for it.
Speaker 2: Carter, I just really liked you. I thought we really hit it off. I have never felt this confident in a first date before. I think it would be stupid not to try it again. And I promise you it will not be a cheating situation. If you don't propose to meet tomorrow, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if you're going to find a more honest person at this point.
Speaker 3: You know, what do you think? We're running short on time? What is his friends get to say?
Speaker 4: He says, yes, Yeah, I think I'm going to pass.
Speaker 1: Your pressure.
Speaker 4: Carter.
Speaker 3: You just rejected the ring Reaper? How could you?
Speaker 1: Which is not a very fitting name. It was the same ring I think over and over again.
Speaker 3: The Ring Reaper.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna put my junken of vice and hit it with a hammer right now. Yeah, I'd rather do that than go back.
Speaker 1: Out with Oh okay, well, Abby, you found out that he's into some things that maybe you want the red.
Speaker 3: Flag, Abby. I'm sorry that that didn't work out, but we appreciate you being honest, like extremely honest with everyone. Honest. If we've ever had a guest, yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that would be I don't know the best approach, but apparently people don't like real life. I mean, that's what happened to me. That's my story, and it's true.
Speaker 3: There's always a chance that you can get engaged to him a fifth time.
Speaker 4: Soights around just getting engaged in one of them.
Speaker 1: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: We are not getting a lot of yeses lately, have you guys noticed.
Speaker 1: No, we're trying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, there it is. And you would think that a woman with a name like the Ring Reaper, who's a self confessed serial cheater, would get a yes.
Speaker 1: I on this show, she just cheated on the one guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, over and over serially. But yeah, apparently I know.
Speaker 1: That he wasn't cheating too. I mean that just sounded like a hot mess.
Speaker 3: Times have changed and some dudes out there have developed a sense of standards. Don't like it. I do not like where the world is headed right now. This is my plea to all men. Go back to being superficial and clueless. That was our sweet spot. We were good at it.
Speaker 1: I was glad that he gave us like five minutes of him not typing. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: That was a big sacrifice for him to do. But you know what, we're gonna keep trying for all the daters out there. Our job is to defend the listener, regardless of how bad it makes us look, right Brooke, Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I doing this for over a decade.
Speaker 3: No, whatever, we can't get any yeah, so make sure you can find all of our second dates so they're up wherever you get your podcast. Just search Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.