Speaker 1: I'm a homegirwl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody, you know, if.
Speaker 2: You don't lie about that, right, Lauren came in.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all, it's Laura l Rosa and this is the Latest with Laura le Rosa, your daily dig on all things pop culture and the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: Baby. Now today we are back with another episode.
Speaker 1: And y'all know, I kick off the episodes with the behind the scenes of the Grind checking and if I'm being honest and if I'm getting behind the scenes at the Grind Right now, y'all know, I've been in court every day after the breakfast Club, so my days look like I've come into breakfast club later purposely because I'll be tired. So I get here start today around six am, go to court. Court normally ends around like five pm, but it's been ending at three o'clock as of this week, which gives me a little bit of time to get home and think about the next day and prepare.
Speaker 2: But I am people exhausted.
Speaker 1: I've never ever, ever in my life understood when people be like I need to reach charge my social battery. I thought that that was just like, you know, how people use buzzwords from TikTok, like gas lighting and toxic masculinity. I thought that hit my social battery and recharging was one of those things until I started going into this courthouse every day where You're hearing all of this information that you have to download and remember and take notes on, and in real time, I'm figuring out how to organize it, what I'm gonna talk about on which show, and oh my god, my brain cannot handle it. Like there's not enough to kill it in the world that can prepare you to sit through all.
Speaker 2: These testimonies and things of that nature.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I told myself that I was going to start doing an hour of just something that has nothing to do with the Nothing That means I sit and I watch a show that is not being talked about, I'm not reporting on. I call a friend who don't care nothing about Diddy and none of the escorts or anything like that. And I started that yesterday and it worked out really well for me. So it's been kind of like a me learning the balance of all of the things that have been happening late. Lee grateful for it, nonetheless, but it is definitely definitely I'm in a space of like learning how to stay mentally balanced and physically healthy while on the grind. So that's where I'm at right now. I hope y'all are doing well. But y'all know I got to do it because the case is still going on. We have a few weeks left. Got to take y'all a court because you know I love to take you out of court.
Speaker 2: Lot to take y'all a court.
Speaker 1: Coming up this week in court and what I'm preparing to go and do everything I just told y'all about, take notes, download, mentally, all of those things. It's Cassie's mom taking the stand and we're going to furnish testimony by a man named David who was a previous.
Speaker 2: Personal assistant of Diddies.
Speaker 1: He was a personal assistant for two years and he took the stand following Don Richard. But he didn't really get to talk for too long because we were nearing the end of the day. But already he is super emotional. I mean he is you could tell this kind of nervous, but he is very emotional. It feels like and he hasn't even said this out of his mouth yet, but it does feel like this man almost has been carrying a weight of some sort. And the reason why I say that is because number one of the minute, he got understand I told y'all he got emotional.
Speaker 2: He's been in tears since.
Speaker 1: But you could just tell by the way that they're setting up his testimony. So in the opening of his testimony, they established that he was a personal assistant, that he actually, you know, he graduated from college. He did all the things, and this is a white guy. He did all the things, and he.
Speaker 2: It was a career personal assistant.
Speaker 1: He had worked in corporate as a personal assistant for some time and then decided that he wanted to, you know, change lanes and go into the fashion genre of things.
Speaker 2: He says that there was an article in the.
Speaker 1: New York Times that listed that the CEO of bad Boy in Colmb's Enterprises, Sean Colmbs, was looking for a personal assistant and he thought, you know, this will be perfect, this will be a perfect pivot.
Speaker 2: So he applied, and he applied, and he applied. He applied multiple times.
Speaker 1: He really really wanted this job, and the prosecution is making sure they do a good job of letting us know he really really wanted this job and It wasn't about oh my god, I want to work for Diddy or you know, I'm a huge fan. It was about he is a career personal assistant who honestly thought that taking this job would elevate his career, his capabilities in his resume. And then he got the job and it only lasted for two years, and I'm sure we were going to find out why. But so they go into the fact that he had been applying for a while he got the interview. He says that the interview process was very, very professional, but he remembers and this is where he really got a little bit emotional.
Speaker 2: He hesitated when he talks about this.
Speaker 1: He says that although the interview process was really professional, there was one point in an interview process where he was in the office there was a photo of Diddy on the wall and the woman that he was speaking with looked up at the photo had him look up at the photo and say, Okay, welcome to Colmes Enterprises, and welcome to you know this this corporate arena that is surrounded by or that is built around seawan Colmbs look up at this photo everything we do and I'm and I'm I'm putting my own words on this, but this is to the effect of what was said. Everything we do is to please him. He is our king. So that already alone tells you and it sets the tone. They then go into you know and mind you this guy is like super white collar, like very much like you know, he gives you know, he could have also ended up on like a Wall Street or something of that nature. So imagine him in this setting where you know, you have a personality as large as Seawan Combs. And he said that it got to a point where Seawan Combs is security d Rock, who's the man that they They've been bringing up the Rock since day one. He alleges that d Rock at one point from the beginning told him, yo, listen, stay a lane, do your job, min your business, and he said eventually he learns how to do that. And he also talked about, you know, there were two times where he had a conversation with Cassie and three times where he interacted with her. So Cassie detailed a trip to Miami which was like her and Puff's first time actually getting together on like a romantic tip and like hanging out even though she was a bad boy artist.
Speaker 2: And this assistant.
Speaker 1: This man named David is actually the person who booked all of that travel because that was his job booking the travel, advancing locations for Puff, so going to like hotels and the Sherry Shepherd shows or back then it would have been Wendy Williams or Ellen or wherever he was going and making sure everything was set the way that it needed to be set, hotel rooms, everything right. So he says, you know, Diddy came to him and was like, you know, I really want to impress her. I'm bringing her to Miami. So he rented this yard, he did all the things, and Cassie talks about that experience and being on the yacht and that being their first time that like, you know, they were engaging in certain things together as far as certain drugs, and you know, that was the first time that they actually had sex and all of that stuff. So he's gone going into detail about this and he's like, you know, after that, I've only ever had two conversations with her in my two years of working.
Speaker 2: For Shawn Combs.
Speaker 1: One of the conversations, he recalled she was super excited about some music she had put together. There was a whole track list she planned to release this music and then it just never came out. And I think what the prosecutors are doing by bringing that up is speaking to the fact of what Cassie brought up, where it was like, you know, she suffered. He controlled everything, and he used that control over her music, how she lived, where she lived, what she drove, you know what opportunities she was able to say yes and no to to control her. So he's speaking to that. He's like, Yo, she was so excited. She had this track list, she was going down the music, she had it all put together. She was you know, it was already present to Shawn Combs and they were like, well what happened?
Speaker 2: And he said, it just never came out.
Speaker 1: And this would have been the second album on that ten album deal that Cassie let us know that she had had with bad Way when she first signed. And then the second time that he said that they had a conversation, he says that they were at He alleged they were at Sewan Colmes's house in Star Island, which is a very luxurious, exquisite part of Miami where a lot of the celebrities live, and they were out smoking cigarettes, bottled water, just you know, I guess kicking it in. She looked over at him almost like, Yo, this life is so crazy, and at this point she's in it.
Speaker 2: She's dealing with you know, Diddy and all of the things.
Speaker 1: And he said, they're simply like, if it's so crazy, just get out of it, Like, if this is not what you want to do, just don't do it, because it is crazy.
Speaker 2: I've been working in it and it is crazy.
Speaker 1: And he said that that was the first time that he ever heard her, you know, say that she she can't. Everything is tied to Shaan Colmbs at this point, she cannot like her career, where she lives, where she drives, her lifestyle, everything is tied to him, so she can't.
Speaker 2: And then they left off there.
Speaker 1: They also established because I think people forget about this in the freak Off, the freak Off, they forget about this in a Rico. Lord not, I don't got I got freak off on my soul. I need to go to church this weekend, they think about they forget about this in a Rico.
Speaker 2: That a part of it is just.
Speaker 1: You know the way that he dealt with employees as far as labor and the prosecution. So far, has already established that this man was overworking, underpaid. Okay, He said that he was working six to seven days a week, sometimes twenty plus hours a day, making seventy thousand dollars a year at Max, which is insane.
Speaker 2: He detailed his days.
Speaker 1: He said his day would start, you know, before eight am most of the time because he had to be on go, set up and ready before did he woke up, So he would get to the house before did he woke up. He would make sure that you know, Diddy's breakfast is being prepared, the TV or you know, the the whatever he wanted entertainment wise, was was ready for him to go so that when he came downstairs he could just go right into a great vibe to start his day so he could be the CEO he needed to be. He even detailed, like, you know, there would be certain folders, so like in the morning, there'd be like, okay, here's a folder of all the business deals that are happening that we need you to sign off on. Then there would be a folder of all the press clippings. Where did he would go through when he would look at okay, what are people saying about me right now? They able to have conversations about that. Then they would us get him together. He would you know, he's getting dressed, he's eating. Once all that has done, security is then told, okay, we're about to move around.
Speaker 2: He'd run around. He'd do his meetings by five, six o'clock.
Speaker 1: They were in dinners, whether it was a personal dinner, it was a business dinner.
Speaker 2: From then and there they would head to the studio. David says.
Speaker 1: They'd be in a studio to like four o'clock in the morning, and David was not allowed to leave puff for the day until he was given a call time for the morning. He would leave around four sometimes, he said, and his call time might be before eight am or eight am, and then he'd have to do it all again. And he did that for two years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: What I thought was really interesting too, they set up so much as such a short period of time with him. I thought it was interesting that they talked about just Diddy and the women that he was dating, and what David got to see as far as that and did he named the list of women.
Speaker 2: He named two. He named two women that I'd never heard of before.
Speaker 1: He also named, of course Ken Porter, and he named Cassie, and he said that he'd overheard a conversation in a car as they were headed somewhere. Diddy was talking to one of his friends in the car and I guess the friend was asking him. Not I guess I know because he said it. The friend was asking Diddy, you know, how's Kim doing, And allegedly Diddy says, yo, Kim is great. She's in La. Everything's good. She with the babies, that's my queen. She didn't care home and the kids. And then he went into Cassie and he was like, yeah, you know, I mean, she's just she's young and she moldible and you know what I mean, Like I got to write where I want her. And I'm like, oh man, oh, here we go. So David and not seeing some things. Baby, he up there, understand trembling and crying. I already knew he didn't see some things. But so it's going to be interesting to hear the rest of his testimony and to also hear Cassie's mom, who's going to be able to talk about, you know, just some of the things she wouldness from her side of it, because Cassie talked about a lot of the times where her mom was trying to get her to leave Diddy.
Speaker 2: Where did he would pull.
Speaker 1: Up to sit down and have conversations and apology conversations with her family, because as are some of the things that they had witnessed, and you know, the way saw her physically abused, not saw him in the act, but you know she would come home and have scars on her and just just different things. So today is going to be interesting day for sure, as as every day has been.
Speaker 2: And there's a lot more to come. Dang. I don't know if I should say to come with Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all know what I mean, there's a lot more that's going to happen that it's going to go down. I'll be right there and we will be right there, So make sure you guys stay locked. And I don't know predictions I'm assuming would be nice right now. I predict that by the end of this week we will. I don't I don't think because people are really questioning the prosecution right now and still asking but I don't see the evidence. Do they have a case? And I'm like, y'all don't see it. They are slowly but surely railroading Diddy like he is not coming home. I don't know what the sentencing is going to look like. I don't think that it's going to be as harsh and egregious as people think. But he's not coming home for sure. But if he comes home, it'll be like a technical miracle. But they're setting up the case, and I think by the end of this week people will feel like, oh, Okay, I see it now. I get what they're trying to do. I see the pieces to the puzzle.
Speaker 2: It's gonna go. We got some more weeks left, but I see it.
Speaker 1: Y'all have been on me because I did the Wendy Williams Mother's Day update here. Y'all have been on me to check in on Wendy and see how she's been doing, because it seems like that came and then it just went, which is not what happened. She's gag ordered, so she can't talk to media the way that she was before. But I did reach out to check in on her. I know a lot of you guys are like Lauren. You was giving us so much Wendy and then it just stopped. So I reached out trying to figure out what's going on with our girls. So I had that and some other exclusives right back here on the Latest with Lauren La Rose at the podcast. But you guys have been enjoying the Diddy conversations and you know me bringing y'all into court with me, So I'm gonna keep on doing that as well too.
Speaker 2: So make sure you tweet me. Make sure you holler at me when you see me.
Speaker 1: But don't really holler though, cause some of y'all be seeing me in person and it be like like you be yelling and I be a little freaked out. Okay, like just d talk to me regular. It's okay. But I love meeting y'all. I love seeing y'all tweets. I love seeing you guys engage on social telling me what you like, you don't like, and just responding to the content. So keep ongoing, I tell you, guys every single episode because it is so true. At the end of the day, y'all could be anywhere with anybody talking about all of these things, but y'all choose to be right here with me, and I.
Speaker 2: Appreciate y'all for it.
Speaker 1: Lowriders, make sure you tell a friend to tell a friend that The Latest with Laurna Rosa is where they need to be if they wanna know what is going on.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura l Rosa.
Speaker 1: This is the latest with Laura l Rosa and I will see you guys in my next episode.