Speaker 1: Hello friends, and welcome into leading off right here on Fantasy Pros. I am Chris Welsh. That is the case Bubba, Case Bubba in the house where we got a lot for you on trade deadline day. Hopefully we're going to get some movers and shakers maybe while we're doing the show, but we've got some trades to break down. We have one of the worst trades we have seen in years actually go down yesterday, and a whole lot more Casey Bubba representing those giants as you guys, traded off Jorge Solaire for a bag of nothing, actually a.
Speaker 2: Whole lot of nothing. My friend, thanks for having me. It's Tuesday. We're back, we're doing it, and yeah, that trade just happened to drop on Monday night just in time for me to show up and be so happy about.
Speaker 1: It and totally not be upset or angry about it.
Speaker 2: But no lot angry at all.
Speaker 1: Let's start on the positive. Let's be super happy because there is something to be happy about. Ladies and gentlemen. Corby Carrol is back, except he's hitting two fifteen. Corbyn Carrol last night. Yes, we'll talk about trades with a walk off Homer for the Arizona Diamondbacks. They came back back back the answer Backs as they're known out here. Corby and Carrol comes up, pinch hits and smashes a homer to right field. Here's I mean. Here's also why he's not back. He's hitting two fifteen still in the month of July. He has consistently been hitting that. But he now in July has six home runs. That is triple what he had all the other months combined. Six home runs. Bubba even said something interesting off air where he goes, well, he's hitting those homers and not a good average. He's not stealing bases. Here's a fun fact. He has the most stolen bases in any given month right now. So that is currently happening. Last night, Bubba Corbyn Carroll took one off the bat one nine. That was the exit velocity and eighteen degree launch angle one oh nine point five. He put that in the stands. My friend, that feels good. So I ask you, is Corbyn Carroll back even though he's hitting two fifteen, but all the other stuff is starting to look pretty.
Speaker 2: He's on his way back. He's showing signs of being back, but the consistency's not there. We talked about it off air. If he's even hitting two fifty, we're talking maybe seven home runs and double digit steals. Now he's back like that. You want the steals with Carrol, the powers extra, but the average comes with the steels, run scored, so on and so forth. So when he's back, he'll be back at the top of the order for the d Backs and he'll be producing. So he's working his way back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, hey, listen, who is it that just did that? I get it. Someone least said only Welsh would start off Carol on a huge home run, on the home run on deadline day. Yes, but there's no current rage and there's no insan. But I want to point out this is like a trade deadline getting. If you were to get Corbyn Carroll back, I will tell you the ball has been up in the zone and Corbyn Carroll has finally been making contact. Everybody has been attacking Corbyn Carrol high this entire season, and now he is making hard, consistent contact. He even said on the homer last night in the post game, he said that was probably the best swing I've had all seasons. So confident, confidence is high. I repeat confidence is high. God Corbyn Carrol won on nine off the bat he might just be back. It is trade deadline day. As mentioned, we had a couple of trades that happened between the show yesterday and what's going down today. There are lots of rumors, so let's talk about a few of them in what I don't want to like. I don't want to be over zealous about my take on some of this stuff, but I'm not trying to parbolyze this. But the use Kakuchi trade makes zero sense, that much sense, and is one of the worst trades on paper that I've seen in a long time. The Houston Astros traded for Usay Kakuchi, who's a rental it's about two months. They traded Jake Bloss who was pulled from his start yesterday and didn't go. Will Wagner, who I've seen in the AFL Billy Wagner's kid. He's I don't know if he's anything special. Not to be mean to him or anything like that, but you know, there's decent power, not great contact and Joey Loper Fido Joey Loperfido thrown into that trade. Huh, it's it doesn't make any sense. Astros fans are pissed. Everybody else, you know, the initial reactions of like the diamondback aj Pak, Everyone was like, what's going on here? For Joey Loper Fido to be involved with two other prospects for a rental player, It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Baba, Yeah, it's a huge deal for the Toronto Blue Jays, the neighbors to the north. Like getting a top one hundred prospect pitcher and Bloss you get lower Feto as you mentioned, who's like, sure he's struggled in his first cup of coffee, but the dude's good, like really good. You obviously know that as a prospect guy. The only thing I could say, and I hate rental plays. This is like what I despise talking with someone about Zach Wheeler the other day, who went in the trade for Carlos Beltran as a rental It still haunts me to this day. I hate rentals. This is what this is. But what I will give the Houston Astros is they know their window with Altuve and Brakman and all these guys is short. They desperately need starting pitching. Desperately needs starting pitching. Not saying Cacuchi's the answer, but it is a guy every fifth day who actually peripherals still look pretty good. They need them out there and they can still win the division. So I get it, and we've seen it all trade deadline, some of these big guys, relievers starting pitchers, they're coming to a premium right now. Like these guys you're having to spend to get and that's kind of rare compared to recent years. So I agree that Jay's kudos outstanding stuff as you're trying to put things back together there in Toronto. The Astros had to do with, though, is the thing. Yeah, I mean it makes you wonder what some of these guys that are hopefully getting traded today are going to go for. If that's what Kacuci got.
Speaker 1: I should say, from a context perspective, the price of pitching, the price of relief pitching specifically, but the price of pitch it's high, it's always high. But in the same vein of like Jason here in the chat is clearly an Astros fan defending them, You kind of defended them, But in the same vein of like Frankie Montass costing Joey Weimer, like maybe you could view that is the same. There are pictures out there that could have been got at a much lower cost. I can appreciate any team going for it, and the market is the market. You know, every single picture. As they get traded, the cost is going up because there are less arms that are available and they're looking at their needs. I'm definitely not going to give them credit though, for getting rid of what probably should have been a form of a building block for that team into the future. Lubrafto had cooled off down. He's down to two seventy six in the miners. They weren't playing him a whole bunch, but really good counting stats. He did hit two thirty six when he got a little bit of the playing time. It doesn't make sense for a rental. There's no other way around it. Like there's almost anything else they should have done. Bloss and w Agner probably perceivably should have got that done unless they played chicken and they're like, hey, we got these other great offers. Kakuchi's fine. He does have a lower expected era than his actual it's four, so they probably feel there's something to work with there. His K percentage is the highest of his career. He's loaded his walks a little bit like it's decent, but it's not decent for you, say Kikuchi, who is is the ultimate rental? Like he's also he's okay and he's a rental. Like those two things should not meet. He should be like either good in a rental or you know, three years and they're okay. You shouldn't have both of those things click, especially when you give up you know, top prospect in your organization and two other pieces. But you know, the Ashlow's fans will have to deal with that. It won't matter if they win. It doesn't matter if they win, and there is a pressure to do it. I agree pitching is not cheap right now. Maybe now that I'm thinking about it, if we looked at all the trades, there might have been another relief pitcher trade or two that was like, holy crap, But this one just looks bad from the rental market standpoint.
Speaker 2: But because you're seeing the top prospect name with it, that's that's the part that's studying. It's more they got quality and quantity with it. It's just weird, But hey, pedro Leone's going to get the call like that's a nice plan B for Houston. I'd say in this situation, you know you know the prospects better than I, so that seems like a fun one as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean pedro Leone is going to be decently solid. He's got swinging misissues, but he's a power speed combo. To be honest with you, like I think that the bat is going to be more consistent with luper Fiedo long term, but it might be similar gameplay you're getting out of this year. It's just a weird trade. Luper Fito being involved is a weird trade, and it either tells you like A, there's a rift in the scouting department or B this is something you should You maybe should look at Luperfito and be like, oh, if the Astros really don't believe in him and they would trade him for a rental player, maybe that's a little bit more telling about his overall production hindsight. You know, two three years from now, none of those guys may be anything. Joey Luperfido might be bagging groceries at all these so it might not matter. But on paper it doesn't look good. It doesn't look good, but that is also what the market is pressing and you know, I know for Astros fans at least there in it probably a solid moment for Luperfido if he's going to get playing time, like he can finally play. So this is good for fantasy from him, and Kakuchi is in a better spot, so I think his fantasy, his fantasy upside is upticking a little bit while the expected numbers are as well are going as well. As we mentioned, the Braves acquired Jorge Celaire and Luke Jackson. They didn't give up much. They gave up saving Sabalos and Tyler Madzik and I know you were pretty pissed about that. Probably a great alternative for them. They're obviously not going to get Luise Roberts shows. They're still going for it, and they might might go and get more pieces in there. So any other last thoughts you want to add with Celaire.
Speaker 2: No, hope it there's a money drop they want Marca Lucy on to to d H weirdly enough, So that's about all there is in that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the wife Fabby said you bag your own groceries at Aldi exactly. That's the that's even more the joke, that's the joke inside the joke, so good job Guardians acquired Lane Thomas from the Nationals. Alex claiming, Jose Tania Rafael Ramirez Junior. I've actually seen a ton of Rafael Ramirez Junior. I like him going down the line a little bit. He's really far down I Guardians fans are pissed about this one, Alex claiming is someone they were holding a lot of hopes too. I don't know if they loved the prospects of Lane Thomas. I love it. I love Lane Thomas from a fantasy perspective. Going to Cleveland. As I have mentioned, the right you know, right side of the field has been the number one ballpark factor for left handed hitters, so we've just seen an uptick in offense in that ballpark. In general, the team itself is an offensive world wind up. So I think this is great for Lane Thomas's fantasy perspective for redraft this season, and he's kind of been a bye for a decent amount.
Speaker 2: Of the year. Bubba yep, I love Lane Thomas. He's hitting second on Tuesday's lineup. Hopefully he's not up to two and like there's actually rumors of that on Monday, which would be wild to me, but he should play every day and I love it. Now he's going to a contender and hitting in front of guys like Jay Rammon. Company should should pay off in a big way.
Speaker 1: You know, it's kind of I'd hate to do because I'm gonna jinx it or whatever, but it's semi safe to say that. Like a majority of the trades that we've seen from offense from bats have been pluses. The only one, like I think we could argue Esak Parades is probably not an offensive plus. Like maybe the pieces around are more interesting, but the left left field three fifteen in Tampa Bay, three fifty five in Chicago. Yeah, so for a guy that will only pull in heavy, heavy pole hitter gets the ball in the air, like, that's a little bit more damning. But I don't know a lot of the other offensive like Jazz is thriving in New York and was a plus. I think Solaire this is a plus going into Atlanta. You throw enjoy, lou Brafito. I mean these offensive pieces that are moving, eight out of ten, let's call it, maybe seventy five percent so far have been an offensive uptick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of the moves so far, it is weird. Have really not hurt fantasy value too much. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also Fam, Yeah right there, I mean Fam going to Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: I Fam, he'll probably platoon still, but yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think it's the season goes on, he's going to play more and more as Tommy Fam. Does you know that was kind of the same thing that the Diamondbacks would use. The they're kind of doing it with Jock as well. They'll only primarily have him against right handed hitters. But I don't know, I think, you know, this is another great destination for Fam to be playing in Saint Louis. We had a couple other smaller trades. I mentioned Frankie Montas was traded to the Brewers and it was like Joey Weimer and it was pretty much nothing. And the Dodgers reacquired Ahmed Rosario, and this was second or third player now that his return to a team. You had Rosario going back, No, you had Tommy Fam, you had Jorge Soela, and you have a Medrosario. So everybody is just going back. They're just up late at night just being like, hey you up, I miss you. And they're just bringing back the same dudes that they know.
Speaker 2: It's the wolverine. Meine just looking at the picture going let's get back together basically.
Speaker 1: Kind of yeah, that's exactly right. A lot of trade rumors that are out there for today. We'll break it down tomorrow. Piece of po'll be back and we'll have the finality of all of those. Is there one big one you think that's going to happen, because here's what we know. The trek Scuoble stuff has calmed down a lot. Luis Robert looks very unlikely to be moved. The chatter of Vlad being traded has gone to a whisper. There's nothing in that Garrett Crochet has turned. Yesterday it was very unlikely. Today it seems like there are some movement and there are some rumors going around that maybe Baltimore is going to pull the trigger. There's a Garrett Crochet one that's out there. Maybe I'm not even mentioning. And Blake Snell that was another one that that seems very likely. Who do you think, What do you think the big trade for the rest of today might look like? And who is it.
Speaker 2: I'm really looking forward to the Jack Flaherty trade, either to the Yankees or the Dodgers, Like, that's happening. That's gonna bolster. That's a movie, Simlo Braffido for if you're the Astros, like, that's the move. So Flerity going to the Bronx or to the Dodgers for the World Series push, that's the big one because if we saw a Kakuchi just gut, Flarity should get a aught in return. So I'm looking forward to that one.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, can you imagine, I mean even just any of these.
Speaker 2: Guys, like what Flarity's gone like, I'd be shocked if he's still there after it.
Speaker 1: Well, they pulled him yesterday, scra I could have I mean, you know, hindsight like what would have happened? But I bet the under on runs he you know, lol on how that worked out. But I bet the under and runs of the first five thinking Flarity was there. Twenty minutes later, he's pulled from his start because they're talking about the trade. I think Flarity is a done deal to get moved, and it looks like the Yankees are the ones that are going to I think are gonna pull that trigger. I just don't know if that's the big one. I think Garrett Crochet does get moved. I think I think they do pull that, and I think it's Baltimore, and I think Baltimore ends up moving one of the big guys. That's gonna be the thing that turns at the very end. It's gonna be one of Holiday or Mayo, or it's gonna be some wild five or six player trade. I'm gonna say that Garrett Crochet and all the huffing and puffin and all that's going on, that he's gonna get moved to Baltimore to create this wild top three of pitchers. They've gotten depth now and they're gonna move off and it's gonna be a big old trade.
Speaker 2: What I see happening is you Flaherty going to the Yankees, Crochet going to the Dodgers. Okay, because Crochet said he won't pitch in the postseason without an extension. I don't know if the O's extend him.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to that, yeah, But I mean you might be right, and there's a little less. I always laugh when this is the me thing. But whenever Dodgers and White Sox players get trade, I think about how spring training it's the same facility and they just they're all the familiarity between the organizations, so like there's a line of communication that's bigger than others. But at the same time, like I think Baltimore is going to be in the spot where they're gonna have like this offseason, it's going to be extend time, Like they're going to start extending. You're gonna be looking at some of your position players. I mean burn I think Burns is a free agent right because he just has that one year deal. They might try to, you know, lock that down with Corbyn Burns. But also like just pointing this out and then we'll move on. If you have Corbin Burns that could become a free agent, you would it would really behoove you to go in trade for a starting pitcher that couldn't be an ace that you have control over. So it's kind of like another it's a it's a next level chess piece move for a team that is a going for it, but b should protect themselves for the future if for some reason they can't afford Carbon Burns, because Corbin Burns might win the cy Young and it's probably gonna want four hundred million dollars or whatever the hell everybody wants now lots of money. What doesn't everybody want to play baseball? By the way, the money that gets thrown around and the work that or the I don't know the what is it? The weight of injuries on your body, the impact that it doesn't take on your body in baseball compared to others. Why does everybody not want to play baseball?
Speaker 2: I say the same thing about golf. I wouldn't you just play golf?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I guess, well, golf is hard, it's really hard.
Speaker 2: I guess baseball's yeah, Throwing one hundreds hard too, So that's time my checker, ask Corbyn Carroll hitting two fifteen ain't going to cut it. So it's it's tough.
Speaker 1: Game to douche, all right. Some other news and notes going around. Aaron Judge two for five, two homers, three RBI on Monday as the Yankees beat the Phillies fourteen to four. Jazz two for four, two homers, ridiculous also made a really great stop at third base. It didn't end up being like a play play, but already showing off some of those skills. And really what we should all hope for is that he's going to go and he's going to be able to get enough eligibility for us for next year. I really want outfield, third base, and second base. Somehow give me that, or at least give me two positions. But the third base stuff, I think you're gonna get third qualifications for Jazz. And I'm just I'm really excited about Jazz. I said this was an offensive plus him going to the Yankees, and you know, outside of the injury nonsense that kind of follows looks great. He looks like a complete fit in and he's gonna have a lot of RBI opportunities.
Speaker 2: He looks like a full fit in. He's loving it. Just listening to his comments about like playing with Aaron Judge all of a sudden, like he's having fun. It's the Jazz is letting his full of mentality up, which is great. I guess is the perfect storm and he's gonna flourish in New York. Also, just the the aura of New York.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you, there's some bets out there that you can look at that have Aaron Judge for the top dog, but you can bet the field against Aaron Judge. And it was like he's like plus like eight hundred or fourteen hundred, and Bobby WIT's the one sitting out there. Is there any world where you would consider betting the field against Aaron Judge for MVP.
Speaker 2: I think the odds of plus eight hundred whatever is pretty good, so you should just because it's baseball, and Judge could get hurt tomorrow, so take your chance. If he doesn't get hurt, he's gonna win it. But what Bobby What's doing is unconscious that walk off Granny on Monday. Dude's hitting over five hundreds. It's the break. He has more extra base hits than swings and misses since the All Star Break. Like Bobby Whit is nuts and we will talk about him later in the show. But yeah, I just for how good he is and Judge's injury history, I think laying plus eight hundred is not the worst bet you can make.
Speaker 1: That's not You can go do it over with our friends at bet three six five. Use a promo code leading Off bet five dollars. I get one fifty in bonus bets only over at bet three six five. The exclusive sponsor of Leading Off in Fantasy pros gambling problem called one eight hundred bets off one eight hundred gambler, do the thing. Terms and conditions apply, promo code leading off, my friends, go and make those bets. You can get in on it, like you said, Bobby Wit, four for five, go ahead grand slam and cashing Joe. I think Joe had him on the home run board and cash him on the RBI bet. So Bobby Wit did him right, and Jose Ramirez three to four with a pair of solo shots did Just to see the video of Brian Rochio tapping his hat and Ramirez getting pissed. Everybody seems very mad at Brian Rochio. I don't know if he's well liked, which is funny because him and George Valera back when they were in like Rookie Ball, those guys were like best friends. I would talk to George a lot, and George would talk about like his friendship with Brian Rochio. But Rokio seems to be a little too kiddish, and Ramirez was having absolutely zero of his nonsense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jay ram went full Adrian Beltrie on that one. So, uh, Rochio better watch out. That's all I have to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not good.
Speaker 2: We've seen We've seen the right hand from Jay ram so just watch.
Speaker 1: Out awesome for funds. I guess this is fun. I Joe put this in here. I think for fun because I was anti Logan Gilbert in the Aar Logan Gilbert was obliterated. Remember my bet yesterday where I'm like, hey, we're gonna play the under in total runs first two and a half innings, it was looking really great, and then Logan Gilbert gives up seven earned runs in the third two and two thirds he made and that almost single handedly destroyed the vet and then it just you know, went away. He got absolutely obliterated everything across the plate. And Jamison Taian shelled for six runs over four and a third in Monday's loss against the Reds, And you know, there were some trade rumors with him a little bit earlier on in the rookie Lookie Jackson Cheerio to run homer as the Brewers beat the Braves. The twenty year old has now gone twelve homers deep in this rookie season, and he's got a two sixty two three oh seven four twenty four slash line. If Paul Skeins didn't exist, would Jackson Churio? This is a what if Marvel's what if would Jackson Churio be able to stave off Jackson Merrill for NL Rookie.
Speaker 2: Of the Year if Cheerio keeps us up? Yes, like this would be Cherio's like since the All Star wak Iu. I believe he's sitting over four hundred with four homers, like, he looks great, He's getting better and better. Shocker, young players need time. This is what happens. So I'm with you if Paul Skeins didn't exist, Yes, I think there's some young people hoping Paul Skins didn't exist too, not just Rookie of the Years. So yeah, it's pretty wild with Skans. Even on Monday. Did in Houston.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I haven't looked in what the the NL cy Young Award looks like like Paul Skean's last I looked was minus six thousand for a Rookie of the Year. So I think that's also where things have locked up. But I don't know where the cy Young is. Is he leading?
Speaker 2: I think he was like I think he was leading like yet around plus three hundred last time I saw and Sales right behind him or vice a verse. They were really close to each other. So I'm pretty sure it was Skeen's world at this point.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, I think Sales should walk away with that. By the way, Craig Mish is reporting that it looks like the Marlins are closing in on a Trevor Rodgers. Oh yeah, I see. Angelo even put it right here that they're they're closing in on something. I think he might have even mentioned maybe that the Cubs were a team that were even like looking at reacquiring, you know, trying.
Speaker 2: To get we are selling Cubs.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe, yeah, exactly, but so we might have a Trevor Rodgers deal coming down pretty soon. And finally, in the rookie looking we mentioned it, Astros are calling up pedro Leone to make his major league debut. He will be the new Joey Luperfito who plays two games a week and sits on the bench in majority and everybody goes, will we ever get to see him? A lot of power? There's some speed in there, you know, I think there's a lot of swing and miss. Don't be surprised that I could see him being a guy that pulls off something similar to rees Hines where he can just kind of roll, you know, like he has like a week where he's just striking the ball really hard, but once he gets attacked with a lot of secondary stuff, I think that's going to be the key on like who he's going to be. But there is power, speed, combo potentials in him. I just don't believe that he'll play enough because they didn't with Joey Luperfito either, And they might make more moves, yeh. They might keep trading their best prospects to go get rental players. They might not be done, so you know, you never know. But Pedrolie, are you picking up pedro leone?
Speaker 2: Do you care? I said yesterday when he with the rumor got getting called up. I want to see how his playing time played out the rest of the week and then because I don't do fat till Sunday, so I'm going to wait and see because as you mentioned with Librafto, yeah, Astro just don't like to play these guys every day and that's not worth my time.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm going to just put this in here too, because this is a constant and I just want to reiterate. And it's not that I don't like seeing the questions. You guys can keep bringing it. But Legos, why did the hate of the Rays hate Junior Cameron Ea. That's what I've been saying forever to finish out this rookie lookie because I get, oh who is It's like Antonio or Anthony asked me almost every single day that about about Junior Camen Ea. So and here to Porty hearing the raiser as expected calling up Austin Shinton, That's what it was. So this was like a mess up here Austin Shinton from Mark Topin Topkin. But my point, because he's been asking me and people ask me a lot, is like in a sane world, and when everyone's like should I pick him up? You should pick them up. But in the sane world he would have been up by now. All the moves they've made have cleared space. He was going to play some second base in the minors. He plays third base. Guess what they traded a second basement utility guy in isak prates. But it's the Rays and they care about control and they don't pay players, so they're gonna screw things up and they're gonna mess with us. Don't be surprised if he doesn't come up until like September fifteenth, so they control him next year. So I'll say you should pick up Junior Camonaro all day long. But I don't know. Nobody knows what the Rays are gonna do. There is literally no concept of what they are doing here. I think it would be bad news for the player. I think it hurts player relations if you were to hold him and try to keep prospect eligibility till next season. But I get why they would do it because it's the Rays. So we don't know. I hopefully in a couple of days we're gonna have some great news to tell you that Junior Cameronaro came up. But why have they not done it yet? What was the reason that they have not done it yet? That's what makes no sense to me, Boba.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, and I've been saying all along, like every time he comes back in the AL and he gets four home runs, it feels like in two days, I say, can someone tell me when they get that extra year of eligibility like we saw with Max Meyer. That feels like because no one really mentioned the Max Myer thing, and all of a sudden, the report came out that one day and boom, Max Meyers is back, So I feel it feels like that's what we're waiting for because it's the Rays. But I don't know what that day is.
Speaker 1: We're already past the like you get the extra control because so like Anthony is asking these questions.
Speaker 2: Well, then there's no reason. There's no, no.
Speaker 1: There is one reason. There is one reason. And this is what I've been saying. If he is still prospect eligible on day one of next season, then the Rays are eligible if he wins Rookie of the Year for first round pick compensation that following season.
Speaker 2: After that, but if he exhaust Carol treatment, yes Corbyn Carrol treatment basically, but I don't know if that's.
Speaker 1: What they're doing. I don't see any there's no other benefit. If like let's say they're gonna call him up next week, then there's no point to what they're doing. The only thing would be you hold him until. I don't know what the day is. By the way, I have to look at his ad bats. You'd have to look at his adbats versus when he would lose that eligibility, and that will tell you the day you know, or however they would hold it back if it's not that I have no idea. They're just making excuses or whatever the hell they're doing. It's but it's annoying. This is also why three months ago I said you could drop Junior Cammenero and Redraft and someone on this chat was like, oh, this is stupid, and it's like, okay, well you're still holding him and he hasn't played a single game in the majors. Because this is what the race are doing. Three up and three down. Nick Pavetta recorded ten strikeouts, allowed three runs over six and two thirds on Monday as they beat the Mariners. My logic was right off Paveta bouncing back. Little did I know Logan Gilbert would get obliterated. Vladimir Guerrero had homer, three doubles and an intentional walk as he has just been phenomenal in the second half, and Luis Robert three for four with an RBI, run scored and a stolen base as they lost to the Royals. He is still counting up some stats on the three down. Jordan Montgomery stinks I had text Bogman. I said, one of the worst financial decisions I've seen in a long time is the Diamondbacks give the money they did to Jordan Montgomery. I'm not sure, like what where money has been spent worse, but he is awful. Six runs over four innings against the Reds. He doesn't strike anybody out, and then all he does is give up nine runs every single game. So he sucks Simmon Woods richardson charge for six runs over three and three thirds and Kade Povich lost to the Blue Jays on a double hitter, giving up six runs, three earned in four and one third on Monday injury news also on the Diamondback front, Christian Walker undergoing an MRI today after leaving Monday's game with left oblique tightness. You know, would have been cool, Bubba, if the Diamondbacks, if they lost Christian Walker, if they just had some like really awesome Yeah. I don't know, like corner infield, big power bat in the minor leagues that they could bring up if they lost Walker. They did traded him.
Speaker 2: I don't know where he went, does he? When is he getting called up? Is gone? When's he getting called up?
Speaker 1: Probably surely by the way, David's De Santo's is a horrific defender, so it wouldn't have made sense, you lukt. Christian Walker's a goal glove first basemen, so they wouldn't have wanted that anyway. So I'm just being snarky, but yeah, to your point, the Marlins same thing, like, all right, you got rid of Josh Bell. You know you're getting rid of all these guys. When does it happen? I don't know. I assume it's sometime in the first week in August, but God knows. Liam Hendrix, on his way back from Tommy John surgery, is slated for an elbow examination that could clear rehab assignment. That's fun. Cubs activated Cody Bellinger, probably right on the precipice of trading him because there's at this point probably no reason to keep him around because he's a free agent, I believe after this season, and this team is probably not in a position where they want to give him a lot of money. So I'm not sure if there's a destination that fits super well. Seemed like it was the Yankees at one point. That seems maybe a little bit unlikely at this point, but well, I would expect Cody Bellinger's going to be on the move today.
Speaker 2: What say you? Yep? I agree, because he got activated but did not even play in the game. So that was that was a fun little moment there. And you know there's a team in LA that could use some help with Munsey pretty much for the season. So reunion, that would be an interesting reunion there.
Speaker 1: Isn't that special. We'll see if that happens. Edward Rodriguez another time back thing, scheduled to throw four innings in a simulated game on Wednesday. Maybe he plays someday this year. And the Braves dodged a bullet because Raynaldo Lopez actually Joe put on the injury list. I didn't did he go on the injur list? I thought he avoided Yeah, he avoided Joe.
Speaker 2: As of now he's avoiding the injury list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the MRI showed no structural danceage. So that's actually like a big one. So Wonky, is this true what you're posting? Or are getting trolled? I don't believe anybody when you post anything anymore because I feel like I'm getting trolled on stuff before we move on. Is that a big trade or did you just completely halt the show for your own selfish nature?
Speaker 2: I got no updates on the old Twitter bot there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I don't see it. Either, so we'll see if Wonky just wanted to halt the whole show or if that was that was real? All right, Braves. That that leads us, of course, my friends, to the segment that everybody wants because we want to make some money. Joe's not here, but guess what Bubba made money last week. Rico has been making money. They've been making some money, so let's do it. It's the best bets of the Day for Tuesday with Welsh and the Bubba. Yes, Bubba, we got it. Our three best bets of the day. You've got some player props. So what are you doing today? Brought to you by Bett three sixty five.
Speaker 2: We're looking at Corbyn Burns. He's been getting five to six k's every game, but I love the matchup going on Tuesdays. Corbin Burns over five and a half k's at plus one ten, I'll take the plus money on that one. Victor Robles the Mariners have a great matchup with the one and only James Paxton on Tuesday. So mean Victor Roblets leading off over two and a half hits runs an RBIs plus one thirty five. He might do that in the first inning and then res Hoskins is actually swinging a very hot stick of late over one and a half hits runs an RBIs at plus one point fifteen as the brew crew faces Bryce Elder, who obviously gives up a bunch. So I like the plus money in all three of those.
Speaker 1: I like those. Let me relook at what was the The Victor Roeblis one I think is pretty sneaky. I'm a little little timid about Corbyn Burns and big strikeout numbers, especially.
Speaker 2: It's five to six in every start, so it's dicey. But I love the matchup in that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like the matchup itself is the thing that holds me off from wanting to do it. But I really I haven't bet Corbyn Burns in like a couple months, and I want to, but every time they have it like really really difficult. All right, And by the way, wonky trade, I thought you had said Jordan Walker when you put in there, but it was everyone was being sarcastic about it. It looked like it was, so I was like, WHOA is this real? But no, That's why I shouldn't look at the chat during trade deadline day? All right, My best bets of the day. We went two for one yesterday. Boy, we were saved by Bobby Witt who pulled that Kansas City side. I will say I got locked into it. No chance. I was betting that under yesterday in the Detroit game once Jack Flaherty got pulled, but I had already put my money in, so I was pot committed. Unfortunately, but I did go two for one. Today, we are jumping back into some first fives. I've got the Chicago Cubs first five money line minus one twenty five with Justin Steele. This is all about backing Justin Steele minus one twenty five on the Chicago side. I'm also kind of back Max Scherzer with the Texas Rangers first five money line. So this is me back in the starting pitchers. I'm backing Max versus Lynn, and I'm backing Justin Steele. Those specifically are those bad boys and taking a nerfee today, and it's one. It's gonna make you feel uncomfortable because we're going to a Bubba centric neurfe. Yes, this is a Bay Area version of Oakland and San Francisco. JP sears on the mound today and I just completely forgot oh and Robbie Ray. So you've got Robbie Ray and JP sears here, both in like the bottom ten of I think first run scoring overall. JP Seris has actually been someone I've targeted a few times, Robbie Ray as well. The matchup works, it's minus one thirty. There's some other good funds starting pitchers like if you want to look for you know, Nola and Cole is fun, but those power offenses what I'm trying to avoid. So San Francisco's neutered a little bit more with Solaire out. Oakland's offense has actually been a decent powerhouse, but the best pitcher in Robbie Ray is going up against them. So I actually really like this, Nurfy. So I'm going Oakland, San Francisco, no run first inning, Texas first five money line, and Chicago first five money line. Bubba, would you dare join me in the Bay Area?
Speaker 2: Nurfy, No, No, not, because I like giants are actually good versus lefties. Obviously, Solaire is not there, and the A's offense is very good. But I get it. I get your logic behind this, but I will just sit back and.
Speaker 1: Watch that one tackling some no run first inning early on for San Francisco on both sides. You guys can check out all the bets if you sign up for the Betting Pros app. You can go bettingpros dot com slash Welsh if you want to see mine, Joe as well, and many many others. Go and check it out today. But those are our best bets of the day, brought to you by bet three six five Bubba home run calls for today. I think last time you were here you've got a home run call. You were kind of like on all sell Hitt and all all cylinders. I believe, I know you had a really good betting day that day, but I feel like at least I'm giving you the credit that you did. Where are you going for your home run call?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna take the cheap way out on this one. With Jonathan Cannon pitching for the Chicago White Sox and give me Bobby Witt Junior to say nuclear hot for the Kansas City Royals. I'll just ride that one to the wheels fell off. It feels like right.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, I'm I'm gonna jump over and attack David Festa. I'm gonna go with a met Joe's actually also going with a Francisco Lindor, but I'm gonna go with Pee Alonzo. So we always flip away from Joe when we bet Mets, So Pete Alonzo David Festa has been a home run fest, and I'm going to get a little bit of Pee Alonzo action in there. I do want to point out everybody has brought this up, and just as a quick aside, it is Jeffrey Springs Day. Jeffrey Springs is back. We're going to get him in. He's going up against Edward Cabrera. It's a really solid matchup, one of the funniest and dumbest K props I've seen. Early on it was like four and a half minus two ten. The hell is betting that? Who's gonna bet that type of juice up strikeout number? So really the investment in it doesn't make any sense across the board, but it's a must start. It's a must start against the Marlins right now. They have a lot of swing and miss in their game. The Ray's offense is obviously a bit neutered, and I will point out the scary part Yandy Diaz has been in a lot of rumors they could pull him right before the game, So you know, backing him full on, especially from a betting perspective I don't love, but from a spot start perspective, yeah, I will start Jeffrey Springs today in fantasy. I'm not interested in any of the betting market because of just how volatile and whatever the hell are rays.
Speaker 2: Do and anything like that. Bubba, Yep, totally agree. It's a wild one. And then that's what a lot of the bets today. It's be cautious because there's a lot of moving pieces by in the next like four or five hours here, so very cotious.
Speaker 1: Something I got slapped yesterday. I've let me be an example. Literally, I'm like, oh lu tooygers and Joe had a smart thing. He's like, you should maybe bet on the other side of the Guardians if Flarity were to get pulled. Flarity gets pulled, Guardians come out the gates, drop four in the first two innings. It's exactly what happened. So you know, try to be locked in with that, pay attention to those trades, and I'll probably move away from Jeffrey Springs though I do love him rest a season. We love Bubba as well. You can find him on the twitters at b d intric e n t r e K. You can follow me at is It the Welsh Mister. Joe Pizzapia is back tomorrow where we're gonna be breaking down whatever happened at the trade deadline. We gave you all the trades between Monday and Tuesday, everything to the finish on the trade deadline, we'll be breaking so make sure you're here locked in with Joe Pizzapia and myself until then, friends, have a fantastic, fantastic trade deadline day. We'll talk to you again right here tomorrow. I'm leading off bye, friends, Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast.
Speaker 2: If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB