Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Kat Katie and He Armstrong and Eddy, various world organizations, all of whom hate Israel are calling it a famine now in Gaza. We'll talk more about that later in some of the proof in various directions, but President Trump was asked about it yesterday.
Speaker 3: I mean, some of those kids are that's real starvation stuff. I see it, and you can't fake that. So we're going to be even more involved.
Speaker 2: It's crazy what's going on over there. He mentioned, I just know what I see on television, but that's horrific. You can't fake that. Well, you can certainly exaggerate it. You can miss represented a lot. And they've been doing it for decades, by the way.
Speaker 4: Well and saying, yeah, judging by what I've seen on TV, it's pretty bad. You have like the greatest intelligence apparatus on earth. Why are you judging by what you've seen on TV?
Speaker 2: Good point at all?
Speaker 4: Orfully selected video snippets from carefully selected biased journalists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was just looking at a headline. And then we'll talk about this later, so we'll move on. But two hundred and sixty humanitarian aid trucks entered Gaza yesterday. Two hundred and sixty trucks, twenty pallets of humanitarian aid were air dropped at various parts of Gaza. As one of my favorite tweeters said, worst genocide ever. Yeah, yeah, so coming up as in is in. You can't. It's not good at being a genocide, is the way his point, dropping all of this food and bringing in all these trucks, you're not doing a very good job of a genocide if that's what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Right, And it's interesting. I had prepared for later a story about various maidenstream media journalists who are covering the situation in Gaza, all of whom are tied to Hamas or Hezballah or have praised Yah Yah Sinoar or a number of these characters. Anyway, we talked about this actually yesterday and we can touch on it again. Is there actually starvation in Gaza? It is very difficult to get a straight story. It looks selish. Oh my god, it looks tellish.
Speaker 2: And I mean, though that's not fake, I mean it's tellish, no matter what now whether or not there's purposeful starvation going on, that's a different question.
Speaker 4: On later on the show. There are a number of significant stories we ought to touch on more thoroughly. The absolutely shockingly miserable poll numbers of the Democratic Party. Also a major ruling that is allowing judges to continue to issue nationwide injunctions against Trump, even those Supreme Court quote unquote struck down the ability to do that.
Speaker 2: We will get into that.
Speaker 4: And also I want to talk about how on the economic front, AI is already wrecking college graduates job prospects.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to hear that, yeah, like recent college graduates.
Speaker 4: And also a great piece from a Trump skeptical, a thinker, if Trump's tariffs are so bad, where's the recession? So we'll get to all of that stuff, but first, a handful of stories that tend to be a little lighter, but I wanted to touch on them. Michael plays a little bit of number twelve.
Speaker 2: Would you please.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your interest in Astronomer. Hi, I'm Gwyneth Paltrow. I've been hired on a very temporary basis to speak on behalf of the three hundred plus employees it Astronomer Astronomer has gotten a lot of questions over the last few days, and they wanted me to answer the most common ones. Yes, Astronomer is the best place to run Apache airflow, unifying the experience of running data mL and AI pipelines at scale. We've been thrilled so many people have a newfound interest in data.
Speaker 4: So that is an ad for Astronomer, which was the company run by the dude who was smooching with his illicit babe at the Coldplay concert, and the companies like, A, all right, this is bad for our look and b everybody is curious about our company soon, And so they hired Ryan Reynolds PR firm, marketing firm, and he hired Gwyneth Paltrow Chris Martin of Coldplays X to do the commercial. Thinking there's a little more tie in celebrity that'll get more attention for us. And my only point in bringing this up is it's kind of funny in some good pr. Secondly, in a few years, I think people are going to say Ryan Reynolds was an actor. I think he's a really innovative, smart business guy. I was just thinking, man talk about turning lemons into lemonade nobody'd ever heard of this astronomer company. When you've got all of that attention, find a way to get out what you are and what you do.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea. If you ever have a scandal come your way, take that opportunity to say, yeah, I'm the guy from that video, and here's what I can do for you.
Speaker 4: Right that that would be extra bold or hier a Gwynneth Feltro, But yeah, yeah, I think that's absolutely a smart take.
Speaker 2: And Ryan Reynolds impresses me. Moving along, so.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the media, Skydance Media, which is the giant media conglomerate which is part of the big CBS Paramount merger. That is that's one of the reasons CBS settled with Trump over some very questionablelawsuit. The constitution all right anyway, But so that's the company involves.
Speaker 2: Sky Dances made.
Speaker 4: A series of new commitments to eliminate bias in news and entertainment programming at CBS and its parent company, Paramount CBS.
Speaker 2: It's the home of sixty minutes Oh boy.
Speaker 4: When its planned acquisition is complete, Scout Dans is also confirming the elimination of all diversity, equity and inclusion policies and initiatives in Paramount, which had been one of the most aggressive proponents of DEI in the entertainment business.
Speaker 2: I see, I think sixty minutes is a news program that still matters, and it'll be interesting to see do people quit, do they adjust their sales? I wonder what's going to happen. Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't think it matters much, and I think in five years it will matter much less. But five years is forever in the modern era, sure, But anyway, scott Ants laid out the moves in two letters. It's sent to the FCC Commissioner. The first letter addresses concerns about media bias at CBS, pledges to ensure that cbs is reporting is fair and.
Speaker 2: By and fact based.
Speaker 4: Second outline in sky Dance's commitments going forward to promote non discrimination and equal opportunity employment.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely fabulous.
Speaker 4: I don't love how we got there, but end all DEI programs everywhere they exist in schools, corporations and nonprofits, and don't let them rename them and keep discriminating.
Speaker 2: And we can get to that in a little bit. This headline just deserves a quick nod.
Speaker 4: The Biden administrations seven and a half billion dollar EV charging port initiative that was going to build allegedly a half a million by the year twenty thirty has built.
Speaker 2: Were these going to be the same ev charging ports that every city has put like in front of their public library that do nothing? Why do you bring that up, Jack, Because they don't do anything. Nobody seems to know that. But they don't do anything. You can plug in your car for an hour and get like five miles working. I mean, they just don't work.
Speaker 4: So there are pos's or PSOs anyway. But instead of half a million, and granted it's just the year twenty twenty five and allegedly they have time to go, they have delivered fewer than four hundred charging ports since the seven and a half billion dollar program began almost four years ago.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable and they're worth God we get stolen from and a lot of it is under the mantle of green energy and electric cars ain't going anywhere anywhere anyway. It's just not gonna happen, at least not now unless something changes major with technology and speaking of media, final note for this segment, maybe we can break semi in time for once in our lives. I thought this was a joke at first. The Atlantic, the great vaunted Atlantic, read by the same people who run around Manhattan with the NPR toat bags and tell us all what we ought to think from the lecterns of universities and the broadcast TV and radio, et cetera, and Hollywood.
Speaker 4: The Atlantic with a story about Helen by Helen lewis finally a Democrat who could shine on Joe Rogan's show, her point being breakthrough and be the modern go getter democratic voice and isn't screwed around.
Speaker 2: It's forceful, that is plane.
Speaker 4: Speaking that can reach the common people, bring men back to the party, bring the working class back to the party. Finally the Democrats have this person, and she is dead blanking serious hunter Biden Y.
Speaker 2: I've heard a couple of people say that that his frankness was so refreshing, and why can't we get somebody who speaks that way?
Speaker 4: That reminds me of the same sort of blanking morons who declared that Tim Walls was teaching American manner new sort of masculinity.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't I don't want to get off on this topic, because we got plenty of time but there were news stories out yesterday that Kamala Harris is contemplating a presidential run. Please do because that would be hilarious. How could you be that lacking in self awareness? I hope I'm not. I mean, because that's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: No, that's that isn't that That is actually an interesting discussion how a Kamala Harris can be that on a week It's.
Speaker 2: Almost to the level of like if I'm walking around talking about I think I can make the Olympic basketball team. That's what I'm gonna do. My plan is, it's got a fitness plan. I'm going to get in the gym and shoot a lot. I'm gonna try out this summer because the Olympics are next summer and I've.
Speaker 4: Been watching Steph Curry. I've got my elbow in the right thing.
Speaker 2: It's very it's.
Speaker 4: It is hilariously delusional. Hey, we're from our friends that simply Save home security. One of the great things about simply Safe. I mean, it's affordable, it's technically advanced, but the simply Safe new Active Guard outdoor protection help stop breakings before they happen. You have AI powered cameras and live monitoring agents. That can detect suspicious activity around your property and they can call the cops.
Speaker 2: Talk to the scumbags.
Speaker 4: Turn on your spotlights before your window gets smashed.
Speaker 2: Lurking. They have the ability to spot lurking. You don't want lurkers. You don't want to lookers. Uh, spot them man real time, talk to them in real time. Turn on spotlights everything, and protect your house. Ranked number one customer service by Newsweek and USA Today. The customer service is great, the security system is great. There are no contracts now. This is more expensive than your old system. Monitoring plans start around a dollar a day.
Speaker 4: What that's right, It's so much less expensive than those old ripoff systems we all had never used. Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Claim fifty percent off, a new system with a professional monitoring plan, gets first month free. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get into the pet psychic business. We talked about this last week. It's just if the world's go in this direction, I'm just going to become a pet psychic and.
Speaker 4: Tell stupid people send their money or are getting parted. Why doesn't land in my pocket. I'm gonna tell stupid or mentally ill people what they want to hear about their pet collection money. I'll wear a pointed hat, some beads. They're happy, you're happy, except everybody's happy. There are no losers in this hat and beads or whatever you'd wear.
Speaker 2: Is a pet psyche? What do you wear? I don't know where you were. You'll look into it. I suppose not appointed that maybe beads, though, I.
Speaker 4: Might have to become a pet psychic because AI has screwed up your prospects as a recent college graduate.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that. Also, we've got this hilarious bit about no wonder young people are a soft today with what they read in college versus what we read, I mean, in school. It's pretty funny. Stay here.
Speaker 4: So that Russia just started direct flight between Moscow and North Korea.
Speaker 2: It's one of those rare trips where the fun part really is the journey and not the destination of it. Yeah, no kidding. I'd love to go to North Korea if I felt like I could be safe. I don't know, if it was like a real roll of the dice to me. Yeah, because old what's his name?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 2: I mean he he he what he did something? He vandalized and authorities, but they beat him to death. That ain't cool.
Speaker 4: He just took a poster as a souvenir. Yeah, outo warm beer, God rest his soul.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ah.
Speaker 4: So this is uh, this is the beginning, I believe. And I'm neither an alarmist nor a minimizer about AI and its disruptive powers. I lean more toward alarmist, I think. But Wall Street Journal with an article today, what do you uh, Let's see, AI is wrecking an already fragile job market for college graduates. Companies have long leaned on entry level workers to do grunt work that doubles is on the job training. Now Chat, GPT and other bots can do many of those chores. And they go through a handful of companies. This is a marketing agency. They've They're clients have all but stopped requesting entry level staff young grads once in high demand, whose work is now what's being called a home run for AI, meaning it's the sort of thing AI does the best.
Speaker 2: Can you give me an example, like what sort of things are is AI doing? Really? Well?
Speaker 4: They go they speak more in generalities. But let me get through the list dating app grinders hiring more seasoned engineers for going some junior coders straight out of school.
Speaker 2: So the gay hookup app is not hiring young grads because of AI. That's an interesting that's already got a lot to it.
Speaker 4: Here's a Columbus based consulting firm, Futurity, which is pretty well known, decided not to hire a summer intern this year instead of opting to run social media copy through chat GPT instead. And this guy, the CEO, said he's urging his own kids to focus on jobs that require people skills and can't be easily automated.
Speaker 2: So the tough partics, Yeah, the tough part is, some people have pointed out is people skills often are a lot more something you're born with than something you can learn, as opposed to the other skills that you know, you could sit down and learn. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can improve them or you could let them kind of atrophy. But you either got it or you don't. That's absolutely true. So and they go through a bunch of examples, but a year's long white collar hiring slump and recessionaries have weakened the.
Speaker 2: Show up work hard.
Speaker 4: We'll educate you to become the next generation of leader's relationship. And the statistics are crazy. Unemployment stats in the last let's see from the twenty eighteen twenty nineteen statistical year to the most recent period among high school young high school grads has ticked up a tenth of a percent, Okay, barely at all. Some college the unemployment numbers have ticked up four tenths of a percent, which is quadruple the previous number, but it's hard to glean much. An associate's degree is up two tenths of a percent. If you have a bachelor's degree, the unemployment rate is up one point one percent, and among grad students it's up one percent. So the horizon unemployment is steepest among college grads and grad school students. These sectors where graduate hiring is slowed the most. Information finance, insurance, technical serches. Those sectors are still growing well.
Speaker 2: The best example out there, as we've mentioned multiple times, is just a couple of years ago, learn to code was like the thing you want your kid to be successful. Learn to code. Now I know people who code who use AI to do all their coding.
Speaker 4: Right and after dancing around the issue. In the two and a half years since chat GPT's release up into the way, almost all companies plan for their future. CEOs are now talking openly about AI's immense capabilities, likely leading to deep job cuts. Top industry executives, including Amazon JP Morgan, have said in recent weeks they expect their workforces to shrink considerably. Ford CEO Jim Farley City expects AI will replace half of the white collar workforce in the US half half including the hardworking people at Grinder. You should have led with that half. Oh my god, you don't start to show with a show stopper jack.
Speaker 2: Half a white collar jobs eliminated by AI. If that's even close to true, Wow, that will be a revolution. Armstrong and geddy.
Speaker 6: Some of y'all have not experienced emotional trauma through literature, and it shows. Kids today are out here reading The Magical Bunny and How We Learned to Love Himself or Sparkle the Dragon's Conflict three Resolution Journey.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, but that is emotional tofu, just.
Speaker 6: Page after page of affirmations and pastel illustrations like a therapist made it on Canva. Meanwhile, we were out here getting emotionally demolished by Where the Red Fern Grows.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about resilience.
Speaker 6: I watched a boy Barry's Two Dead Dogs after one got ripped apart by a mountain lion and the other one starved a death out of grief, and I read that in the fourth grade. I came out of that book Vietnam VET, and aged ten years and two hundred pages. Today's kids get talking lamas who validate their feelings, and we got Old Yeller where the dog gets rabies and the dad's like, well, son, i think it's time we shoot your best friend in the face.
Speaker 2: It's all part of growing up.
Speaker 6: And that was our bedtime story. And you wonder why millennials cry during commercials?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 2: I hated ten years reading that book. That is interesting though. I thought about that that when my kids were young, which I guess makes means I've become soft like all of modern society. It's just like, good God, all the old Disney movies we'd watch and everyone the parents die, all your old Disney classics, the parents die.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely, it's obligatory. Yeah uh yeah, that's something else. I'm reminded. It's funny I'm deep in thought thinking of some of the books I've read and my kids read in schools, and the concept of trigger warnings, which is one of the worst things that's ever happened, and how that's all related to And this might.
Speaker 2: Seem like a stretch, but I swear it's not.
Speaker 4: It's related to the whole neo Marxist thing, where what they want to happen is you don't know what to say, you don't know what you can say. You're afraid of offending, you're afraid of getting in trouble, you're afraid of losing your job.
Speaker 2: In short, you're afraid.
Speaker 4: And so you got to go through every conceivable trauma or discomfort there might be in reading a piece of literature. That's a bizarre notion, and yet it took hold at most of our universities.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, and Michael, I apologize.
Speaker 4: I got a an in urgent communication during the break and wasn't able to communicate to you. Hansen prepared a little musical thing for me earlier today. I got that handy Oh wow, okay, here you go.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh it's not good. But what did they say?
Speaker 4: We're like I was trying to quickly with the of Hanson and Ai craft a theme song to our miseducation update. Okay, and our twisted schools break all the rules. They churn out fools that just ain't cool. And I said, in the style of nineteen seventies British punk, there you go, and again it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: Anyway. A couple of stories for you.
Speaker 4: Let's start with good news. A victory for our friends at the Goldwater Institute. Tim Sanderfer's output of Pennsylvania Mom won a major victory for parental rights and government transparency last week when ours local school district tried and failed to withhold Dei materials from parents, claiming they were trade secrets.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, can you imagine, man, I would lose my mind if any school official ever said anything close to that to me. No, no, no, no, no, no, you don't get to have any secrets, right do you work for us?
Speaker 4: And claiming that it's like the same as the design for our jet engine here at Lockheed.
Speaker 2: Our DEI materials are trade secrets. Yeah.
Speaker 4: A couple of years ago, she requested assets to our local schools, materials that were presented to teacher, staff and students to see whether the school district was indoctrinating students by teaching racially discrim discriminatory DEI, but the district refused, calling it trade secrets. I would say, up the Goldener Institutes, and the judge said, you're out of your mind. Yeah, I would say, you're either going to release this to all his parents right now, or then we'll go through the whole lawsuit process and then you'll release it to us, because obviously you have to.
Speaker 2: So what are we going to do here?
Speaker 4: In a groundbreaking, an amazing decision, the court correctly held that the public was entitled to see records created by a government employee to train other government employees. There was no trade secret protection for this material ord And by the way, the school district appealed to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Because they actually believed they should be able to keep it asad secret. The way they're crafting their organization to teach your kid, that's nuts. It is absolutely nuts.
Speaker 4: I think I don't know, but I think you may be making the mistake of judging their motivations by what they say. Their motivations are. They don't believe for a second it's a trade secret. They just want to keep doing DEI and so they're making any excuse they could find. Moving along another good positive story.
Speaker 2: Well, there is the you know, there's the example of who's that guy around for governor in Virginia, Terry mcculluff. Well, actually, in one of the debates, got hammered for saying something along the lines of parents can't be trusted with teaching their kids. We need to get them to the schools where they you know, we can count on them getting the right information so in education can take over. There is a certain belief that actually seems to exist along those lines, which is crazy. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: And it's that nexus of like activists, neo Marxist types and the well meaning fools who get swept up in their ideas who actually believe this crap that it gets a little confusing because you know a lot of those people like Terry mccauiff, I don't think is a neo Marxist, but he's a progressive and he's been convinced by the you know, neo Marxist in the progressive wing of the Democrats. I guess that they mean it. They really want to educate the kids better, and PhDs in education, are the people to do it? Some more good news in a weird way. It occurred to me as I spoke that phrase, that undoing something horrible happening, it is good news, but it's kind of half and half, if you know what I mean. A school district in North Carolina has been ordered to admit their mistake and issue an apology and fork over twenty thousand dollars and some more settlement stuff after they were sued for suspending a sixteen year old student who used the term illegal aliens in class.
Speaker 2: Suspended for that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the sixteen year old student was in an English class discussion.
Speaker 2: He is the term English.
Speaker 4: The teacher said aliens, and the student said, do you mean space aliens or illegal aliens who need green cards?
Speaker 2: Wow? And it was just a clarification question, right right.
Speaker 4: The student was later suspended for three days and marks denoting racially and sensitive behavior were added to his permanent record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I realize it's easier said than done. You've got to pull your kid out of that school. Good lord, that's a lot of schools around America, I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the case actually caught the eyes of Donald J. Trump, who wrote the student of personal recommendation letter. According to the Liberty Justice Institute, people are crazy. Yeah, yeah, let's see, I could quote the judge, but they said more or less what you'd think they would have said. First Amendment, et cetera. Utterly unracially not I mean completely not racially insensitive or mean or Yeah, that is absolutely nuts.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 4: Speaking of nuts, the University of Kansas, Jack, your quasi alma mater, I.
Speaker 2: Went for an entire year courses who graduated there? Wow? Wow, rock chock jayhawk, I know you're a big fan.
Speaker 4: University of Kansas DO is offering a course in the fall called Angry White Male Studies that will examine the rise of the angry white male in the United States. The course will be offered with the goal of teaching about the prominent figure that is the angry white male.
Speaker 2: That's exciting. I got a half of an MBA from there, so that's probably why I've gone out in the world and done a half assed job of being a business person. And finally, this, ah, is this even worth trying? I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's a think piece, and a really good one written by a fellow named Brandon, last name withheld entitled stoner logic in academia. And he's talking about in particular Michelle Foucault French Bastard. It looks like foul called, but it's pronounced full call French Bastard, who is one of the most cited intellectuals in American universities today. Kids hear his ideas more than virtually anybody's. He is one of the founding fathers of critical theory and neo Marxism.
Speaker 2: I know that from listening to James Lindsay go on and on about this human being.
Speaker 4: Indeed, and if you would like, read his in Helen Pluckrose's brilliant Cynical Theories anyway, So it's all about how this guy was a bright stoner who liked to read and learn stuff, but he never really felt like applying himself at college and that sort of stuff. But he realized he really needed more formal education and somebody to help lead him if he was going to get anywhere in his life. And he went to college and found that a lot of what they were trying to teach was stoner logic stone and he explains that one day a lecturer. This is my favorite example, a highly esteemed scholar launched into a shallow Fucoyan analysis of something or other as it applied to the university. He went on and on with a sort of smug self awareness, like he thought he was delivering gold and absolutely blowing our minds. He says, I should note here that this lecturer is really likable and a genuinely nice person. Look at this classroom, said the lecturer. Look at how the very structure of this classroom exerts power. You are all on one side, stepped up in auditorium seating, so I can see all of you, but you can only see me, not each other. You are kind of forced to look and listen.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, con true, But watch, he continued.
Speaker 4: The construction of this lecture theater exerts a system of power and ensures the self perception of you, the students, as lacking knowledge, and it sets me up as the distributor of knowledge, and thus it conveys power.
Speaker 2: And for what I'm paying, I hope you're not a distributor of knowledge. You're getting ahead of us. But you're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: These systems of power are everywhere hidden in the architecture and the systems of our society. Design to maintain and designed to maintain the continuity of power.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and this guy.
Speaker 4: Who's writing of really likes his I remember being thoroughly unimpressed. This was exactly the kind of simple, fact free, intuitive analysis than I and other high school graduates had arrived at many times while sitting around a bong, and it wasn't even accurate. I remember thinking that since class sizes tend to be smaller university, ninety percent of the teaching rooms were not stepped auditoriums. They were smaller, flat office like rooms, perfect for egalitarian, discussion oriented classes. The only rooms with this structure were the few lecture theaters intended for hosting large audiences, and in any case, they clearly had that structure for acoustic and a communicative reasons, not because our neoliberal overlords wanted to inculcate us in some sort of pliable consciousness lest we threaten their systems of power.
Speaker 2: Oh much more.
Speaker 4: That is so hilarious to your point, Jack, there was a knowledge differential between us and him, At least there was supposed to be. We were there, as young people with less knowledge to be educated by a more knowledge teacher.
Speaker 2: I couldn't see how pointing.
Speaker 4: This out at this obvious fact was some kind of mind blowing revelation, and then a couple more sentences then I'll stop.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Crucially, while he had an issue with these systems of power inherent in the structure of the lecture theater, he apparently had no objection to the avert power required to make students pay for a core curriculum of course is he helped design, then he teaches, and for which they had to buy the compulsory textbook right that he co wrote for ridiculous.
Speaker 2: He didn't have any problem with that system of power, right, and the insane charge for books that whole scamp.
Speaker 4: So his point is the whole critical thinking thing, and that's what the course was, was just a way to indoctrinate students into a simplistic worldview.
Speaker 2: Your boss has a bigger office, makes more money than you. Yeah, he's somebody's got to be the boss, and he has the experience and the expertise to be the boss and manage us. So the company can what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: But then they apply that stoner logic free analysis to like everything, including the oppressor. The person with more power is always wrong, and the person with less power is always right.
Speaker 2: I mean, what an idiotic notion. I've said more than once.
Speaker 4: If my dog expressed that idea to me, I would hit him with a rolled up newspaper for being so stupid, and I do not have Oh my god, the bloom is really off the roads for climate change and all kinds of stuff that's green, among other things we can talk about.
Speaker 2: Stay here. Have you ever been tempted to lick a battery? Well, there's no need.
Speaker 5: You can just buy these nine volt battery flavored tortilla chips instead. It's been a while since I last licked a battery. Let's first up, see how that tastes yah tingly metallic?
Speaker 7: He can't wait to eat these now a lot less immediate electric. Well, these do have those as a sort of minerally metallic off to taste, but it does kind of taste.
Speaker 2: Like a battery. Final verdict is that nine vaut.
Speaker 5: Battery to chip do beat licking an actual battery.
Speaker 2: So there are chips that are supposed to taste like licking a battery. Yeah, supposed to taste like a nine vault battery. Okay for people who do that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: As a guy who has touched my tongue to. I think licked over states what happens. But as somebody who's touched my tongue to many nine volt batteries, the idea of designing tortilla chips that way is insane.
Speaker 2: Katie just made her what the hell are you talking about? Face?
Speaker 6: This whole segment just shows why women live longer than you guys all sticking your tongue see nine vaults.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you check to see if it's still worth worth it.
Speaker 4: If there's voltage, it's still like in if you're in a rock and roll band. Now you know, toward the end of my career of making mediocre music in front of drunks. No offense to our audiences who are wonderful, but stop boxes, your distortion, your tuner. It's just all your stump boxes were powered by nine volt batteries. Toward the end, they're powered by cords. I got a better setup. But so if something in your signal chain wasn't working, the first thing you'd do is check if the battery still had juice. You can eliminate that as an issue you that's the way to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering, what do you what do you do, Like if your toilet gets clogged, well, shove your arm down deep in there. You fish around, see what's going on naturally. So my son, who's a very artistic and art minded, he heard the story about the guy who had the banana tape to the wall and sold it for a couple of million dollars. You remember that story, sure, So he's trying to get in on that action. So he crafted something he thought about over the weekend. It's just a cardboard box and he just says box on it, and he thinks he can sell it. And so he's trying to figure out where to get into an art auction or anything like that. But he wrote the description for it. He spent some time online going around a different crap, and he put this together yesterday. He's gonna he thinks he can make a million dollars. He's already figured out how he's gonna spend the money. It's just a cardboard box. This piece symbolizes the struggle of humanity toward the common era, the unwariness of the unknown, the common misconception of life as a whole, an illusion of what can be, toward the unravelment of the mind. Of a youth. This flat, pure emotion cannot be recreated. It truly is a piece for the ages. This is a box, that's his description. He feel it's as good as the banana tape to the wall.
Speaker 4: I feel like, as a fool with more money than sense, I need some reference to the structure. I mean, just even the most thin reference to the cube shape.
Speaker 2: That's just something, right, the four corners of humanity or something.
Speaker 4: It's it's literally anything. I'll trust Henry to come up with that. Look, I got seven hundred K.
Speaker 2: For you, but that's as high as I go. Oh my god. Consumer confidence is up, at least partially because we feel like the whole tariff thing worked out. I guess you got some details on that, the one of the biggest deals in economic history worldwide that Trump put together yesterday, among other things. At hour three, Armstrong and Getty