Speaker 1: You're tuned into Heat Check with Trystal Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check, there is so much popping around the league it is almost impossible to keep up. The Sixers get sent home in seven, and now there is absolute chaos in Philly. I think every Philadelphia podcaster is hiding still underneath their bet. They haven't even given their reactions yet. Suns get bounced and then they fire their head coach. DeMar de Rozen is out there calling a quarter of the NBA bumps. Aunt Edwards is doing Aunt Edwards things, and unfortunately Jahn Morant is still doing Jahn Morant things.
Speaker 3: No time to.
Speaker 2: Waste, Nick, drop that generic ass beat that should be Rihanna. Let's talk about this Celtics Sixers series sixers were.
Speaker 3: A cute story.
Speaker 2: Uh they were, They really were. They made it seven games. It really was never in doubt. They had the potential to send the Boston Celtics home in six. They had four minutes where all of a sudden they allowed Jason Tatum to go nuclear and it pretty much was a.
Speaker 3: Rap ever since.
Speaker 2: Right like even the most diehard Philly fan, if you're honest with yourself, if you're a dieard Philly fan, You're probably not even listening because you probably hate my guts. But were you confident heading into game seven? Like?
Speaker 3: Were you?
Speaker 2: Were you even like having a modicum of you know, excitement about going in to TD Garden on that parquet floor and thinking you were gonna beat Jason Tatum who had just come alive and found his mojo again like he was Angela Bassett and Stella got her groove back. Like no, if you say yes, you're a liar, you are. History, of course was against you. Doc Rivers record in Game seven's they speak for themselves. I don't think he's won. I don't think he's won a Game seven in his career as a head coach, which is crazy. Momentum was against you.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know what else?
Speaker 2: The universe seemed to be against you because you had not one, but two superstars both together have had well documented playoff struggles. Maybe not put those two guys together right, like maybe you want to balance it out. How could you possibly have thought that this was gonna go any other way than the way that it did?
Speaker 3: Insanity? What do they say?
Speaker 2: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. It is Doc Rivers coughing up leads in the playoffs. It is James Harden underperforming in the playoffs. It is Joelle Embiid being injured over and over in the playoffs. Wash rinse, try repeat, wash rint dry. That's that. That's them. We keep trying to say, oh, maybe twenty twenty three will be different, Maybe twenty twenty four will be different, maybe twenty twenty five will be different.
Speaker 3: At a certain point, we just got to accept reality. Move on. This version of the Sixers is not working.
Speaker 2: And you know what's wild is that the Sacramento Kings, a team that's been regarded as a poverty franchise for many years now, a team that has been you know, shit on by the national media, a team that really has just been like the laughing stock of the league until this year, they have been to the conference finals more recently than the Philadelphia seventy six Ers. I don't mean that is sad and the trolling way I mean it, and it is a very sad thing that a guy like Joe l Embiid has not been to anywhere close to the place that the Sacramento Kings have been in. And that's saying something like I don't know how this team stays together honestly moving forward.
Speaker 3: The process.
Speaker 2: I've said it once twice, I've said it three times. The process is dead. The process has been dead. We're trying to put it back together like operation, and it's just not working. We're trying to revive it with those two little paddles with the electrical concurrent on him.
Speaker 3: It's no, it's dead. It is dead.
Speaker 2: Fifty one points by Tatum and the Game seven route a destruction, an embarrassment, or as Embiid and Yannis both like to say, steps to success.
Speaker 3: How bad is it? How bad is it? Right now?
Speaker 2: It is so bad that you have Ben Simmons on his Instagram from his living room with a glass of red wine taking a photo of the Sixers getting blown out by the Celtics by thirty and just posting it no context, just like yeah, like they are just enjoying it, you know what I mean? He that red wine, a beautiful living room and a photo of the TV of the Sixers getting destroyed in a Game seven. Yeah, that's how bad it is. He is loving that, And that is the sad truth that Philly fans woke up to today. No more excuses you don't have any other scapegoat left. Not even Ben Simmons can wash away the stink of this epic failure of a team. It is their third straight loss in the conference SEMIS. You ad Joel Embiid the MVP.
Speaker 3: It is the year for.
Speaker 2: Him to show out the stats in this series. Twenty two points, nine rebounds, and two assists. That's disgusting. That is garbage efficiency numbers. Also terrible. Forty two percent from the floor. He shot twenty percent from three, getting absolutely locked up by a man who has his AARP card in Al Horford.
Speaker 3: Al Horford on Joel Embiid. Remember when PJ.
Speaker 2: Tucker said no one on the planet can stop JOELMB when he's aggressive. Turns out, forty year old Al Horford can stop Joel MB. Harden roller coaster Ride had a couple of insane vintage performances, which we've already talked about. But overall during the series he's averaged twenty two points per game, forty two percent from the floor and thirty four percent from three. And if you want to talk about comparisons to Ben Simmons, in the last three games of this series, Harden had no points in the fourth quarter in all of those three games combined, none zero zilch. He went zero for six in the fourth quarter of games seven, six, and five. In fact, Ben Simmons had more points than James Harden in fourth quarter in that Hawk series where he basically ended his career right then and there, five points, all free throws.
Speaker 3: And so now where are we at?
Speaker 2: The rumors are that James Harden is itching to get back to Houston. He has a house there, he's there and every off day he's got a restaurant there, beautiful, very luscious in one of those Fois Gras wrapped steak lobster deals, you know that kind of a deal.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of strip clubs there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he loves he loves Houston. Now, Ema Udoka is there? Another rumor is also floating around that Harden may be going to Phoenix. You know where the rumors are not that he's coming back to Philadelphia, Like, I don't hear any rumors of Harden excited to return back with Darryl Moury and Doc Rivers. Harden was asked after the game and a scrum Hey, what's your relationship like with Doc? And what did Harden say? Did he reap like praise, Oh, I love Doc. We've got a strong relationship. So good He said, uh, it's okay and just left it at that. Does that inspire confidence? Is that a ringing endorsement for Doc? No?
Speaker 3: What did Doc say about James? He said, I think.
Speaker 2: Overall he enjoyed being here. When you got to add an overall to it, that means there were some places he did not enjoy it, he said.
Speaker 3: You know, it's tough for him.
Speaker 2: We asked him to play a little different than he's always been accustomed to.
Speaker 3: I think it made us a better team.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately, I thought for James at times it wasn't always best for him. But he still did it. And you know, we appreciate that as a coach. You know who didn't appreciate it probably James Harden. He probably didn't appreciate it at all. Back to what I said before, no excuses. You don't lose because Harden went to Brickville in the fourth quarter. You didn't lose because Embiid settled for mid range jumpers instead of attacking the rim.
Speaker 3: You didn't lose because Embiid was hurt.
Speaker 2: For yet another playoff series, the Sixers didn't lose because Doc Rivers continued to freeze in the big moment. The Sixers lost because of all these things combined. There's not one person or one thing to point the finger at. They lost because this team was never as good as anyone thought that they were. And that goes all away from Daryl Morey down to Doc Rivers, to players like Embiide to Harden, to role players who are overpaid like Tobias Harris and George Yang and Tyrese Maxey and PJ. Tucker and all of them and everyone all of them. The question is not how to tweak this roster and fix it. The structure is broken. I think we now know major changes need to happen in order for them to figure out a path forward over and above where they've continuously been and hit their ceiling on the glass ceiling is obviously there.
Speaker 3: They can't get to the conference finals.
Speaker 2: So how do you do that? Who do you keep? How do you build a team around them? Because ten years in the process has told you that this team is no better than a second round exit. So that's if you aspire to more, you need to change it. You've got to make radical changes that this franchise has avoided for a decade.
Speaker 3: What does that mean if you're honest, If you're honest.
Speaker 2: Who's the major trade piece that you have and you can get a lot for Well, you know, Harden's a free agent, so it's not him. Tobias Harris is overpaid, so it's not him. Tyree Macks he's very young and very cheap, so you could probably get something back for him. But if we're really honest, the only real trade chip that this team has is Joel Embiid. That is a tough pill to swallow. And do you trust Joel Embiid to be healthy enough to build a winning team around him? The answer is maybe not. He's one of the best players in the NBA. But if you look at his numbers, he's missed on average, twenty three regular season games per year during his career. That is not counting the full two seasons that he missed with his foot injury. When you miss thirty percent of the regular season every year, like just you can just like book that you can just just penned in not even pencil, you can just pen that in. Uh, And that's not even the full story. Like when Joel Embiid's not missing thirty percent of a regular season, he's also nursing injuries from missing multiple games in the regular season. So, given that he's almost thirty, he's had numerous health issues. Is there a greater or lesser chance that he's gonna miss more or less time in the future?
Speaker 3: Probably more?
Speaker 2: And then second, given the health concerns, do you think you can build a championship team around him?
Speaker 3: The answer is probably know.
Speaker 2: If you can't answer yes to both of those or either of those, then the sad and painful truth is you probably have to move on from Joel Embiid. I love empt. I think he's one of the most dominant players in the NBA. I think he could be a really great pairing for another player like I don't know, Damian Lillard. That's just me a very unbiased fans take. But in what postseason has Joel Embiid ever been healthy? Can you recall one? I'll answer for you never, literally never. When he got drafted multiple years he missed, remember just like total seasons twenty eighteen, his first playoffs, fractured orbital bone twenty nineteen, playoffs, knee injury twenty twenty, ankle injury twenty twenty one, torn meniscus.
Speaker 3: This is all playoffs.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty two, as you remember, fractured horrible bone this year twenty twenty three playoffs sprained LCL.
Speaker 3: That is literally insane.
Speaker 2: So if he's your all NBA guy and you can't rely on him, is he the star of a championship team or is he a really really really really really good role player who can drop forty at any time. Now, with the rumors that James Harden is on his way to Houston, Doc Rivers might have coached his last game in Philly.
Speaker 3: This team is at a crossroads.
Speaker 2: It will be very fascinating to see which correction they go next. So does Jah Morant like have a gun on him like every time he walks out of the door, because that's kind of how it feels, doesn't it Like it's a it's like that that Snoop Dogg song where he's like, put oil of a lay on my skin because my skin gets pale, and like I put my doggy underwear on and then I put my jawgun on inside of myself.
Speaker 3: Like, where what is happening with John Morant?
Speaker 2: Like the reason I asked this is because every time you hear about Jahn Morant, every time he's doing something outside of a basketball court, there's a gun every time. The latest is Saturday on Instagram, I don't know, cute little Mother's Day, eve a stroll around.
Speaker 3: The block listening to NBA.
Speaker 2: Young boy and one of Jaw's friends was I on ig Live with like one hundred and thirty five people on it.
Speaker 3: Why who knows? Dumb?
Speaker 2: And so he's like doing something I don't know. He pans over to Jaw, and Jaw just just I don't know, like, does something twisty with the gun. The friend's like, oh shit, uh fuck Jaw ig Live gun bad drops the phone and somebody that was watching one of those one hundred and thirty five people screenshot of that one half of a second, literally a half of a second. They showed Jaw with the gun in his hand near his head doing whatever he was doing.
Speaker 3: And now you're dead. You're done. It's a rap for you. He was on ig Live with the gun for less than a half a second.
Speaker 2: Screenshots internets spread like wildfire, and now we got it on every single ESPN, Fox, Sports, TMZ everywhere.
Speaker 3: So where are we at now?
Speaker 2: According to Woj, Jaw's expected to face a lengthy suspension, not because if there's been some legal breach like it was in Shotgun Willie's, but because it was conduct detrimental to the league, meaning, hey, Jaw, you're fucking with our money. And I think one of the most astounding things about this offseason that we're still talking about Jaw around guns. Like Remember he admitted to making some terrible mistake. Remember he said he went to counseling for two weeks to get better and like learn better coping methods, and he promised us he would never be in this situation again. And Adam Silver believed him like a schmunck and gave him this soft penalty two games suspension plus the six he had imposed on himself with that time in therapy. And Jaw said this in his interview with Jalen Rose.
Speaker 1: Been there.
Speaker 4: You were holding a gun and we both know how dangerous that can be. Who's gun were you holding? Well, the gun wasn't my. It's not who I am. I don't condone and you know, any type of violence, but I take you know full responsibility. You know from my actions made a badomsteak and I can see the image you know that I painted, you know, over myself, you know, with my recent mistakes. But you know, in the future, I'm gonna show everybody who John really is. You know what I'm about, and you know, change this narrative.
Speaker 2: And narrator says he did not change the narrative at all. I know how dangerous that can be. I don't condone violence. That that gun wasn't mine, like and that was a lie. Either Jaw has a gun on him at all times and plays with it like it's a toy. Or he has friends that just allow him to play with their guns, whether they're loaded or not loaded, and play.
Speaker 3: With their guns like toys. Either way, Uh, dumb, very very dumb, extremely dumb. Can we be.
Speaker 2: Honest about this for a second. The dumbest thing about this is that there's a lot of smoke already around Jaw at this very moment, at this very moment that we sit, he is being sued by someone, a kid, a miner, that he beat up because the kid threw a basketball at him. That's happening right now, right now. The NBA is investigating Jaw, and they have been investigating Jaw for over a year for multiple incidents surrounding a gun, multiple incidents.
Speaker 3: Surrounding a gun. His lawyers know this, his advisors know this. Jah Morant knows this.
Speaker 2: Okay, he got a light suspension. Just two months ago the NBA the All NBA list came out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what was it.
Speaker 2: Three days ago, Jahn Morant was left off the list because of this incident with a gun at Shotgun Willie's and he ends up losing out on forty million dollars And.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's heat on you, Jaw. Three days later, what do you do?
Speaker 2: You're hanging out flashing guns with dudes who call themselves double tap two double tap aka two shots to the head double tap. The guy's name on Instagram who filmed that d tap two double tap. If you can't tell that the D is for tap double, it's because he also put the two after it as well, d tap two.
Speaker 3: So now you know.
Speaker 2: So you got Jaw with his friends who are all cause playing gang bangers crips, I think, and uh, this is like the kind of dude who's used your name on call of duty is like gangster for life forever and like uses skull and crossbones emoji, like Okay, dude, yeah, we get it.
Speaker 3: You're like you kill people. Oh, very funny ha.
Speaker 2: And in doing all of this, he makes Adam Silver look like an idiot. You got the commissioner who gave you a light suspension, took you aside and said, okay, Jaw, like I'm gonna give you a slap on the wrist because we want to see you in the playoffs, but like, you have to promise me you're not gonna do any of this dumb shit again. He's like, okay, I won't do any of this dumb shit again. And he does all the same dumb shit all the way again. And you know it's bad because you got real deal six O Crips going on TV and being like, yes, we don't claim him. He's not gang banger, he doesn't do any of this. He's an idiot. When you've got six O Crips being like, yeah, uh, this guy's dumb. We're we're gangbangers, and we think he's also dumb, like you're dumb. And now instead of us being like, okay, is this the year that Jaw finally wins an MVP? Is this the year that Memphis breaks over the breakthrough, we have to say, Oh, is this the year that John Rant misses an entire fucking year of basketball because he's so dumb that he can't stop playing with guns on IG live like a fifteen year old girl on Snapchat. That's that's where we're at in the conversation with Jaw. He's probably gonna lose a half a season at least, that's where we're at with Jaw. He is going to miss a half a season in the prime of his career just because he can't stop cosplaying a six to oh crip For whatever reason, he thinks that makes him cool and tough and.
Speaker 3: Like closer to the NBA young boy. So so very dumb.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be the biggest story not only of the offseason but this year's regular season two and there's only one person to blame, and he doesn't have an ig account named d tap two Alert Alert. The Phoenix Suns have fired former Coach of the Year Monty Williams less than a year after inking him to a lucrative extension. Matt Ishbia has literally wrote written Monty Williams a twenty million dollar check for him to go Bye bye.
Speaker 3: Dame Wave see you later.
Speaker 2: So some people are shocked, but I guess when you lose two closeout games by thirty in consecutive years, the rioting's probably on the wall.
Speaker 3: So my thoughts on this are as falls.
Speaker 2: I think part of the reason that Monty Williams got fired is the same reason that he won Coach of the Year, which is he can take a team from eighteen wins to the finals, can he take him to win a championship?
Speaker 3: The answer very clearly is no.
Speaker 2: He's reached a point where his ceiling was met when the rosters were good enough to win a championship. We don't know what that ceiling is for Wes Unseld Junior, because he'll never have a roster that good. But we now know that Monty Williams is not good enough as a coach to reach a championship. We have seen Monny Williams's problems in terms of in game adjustments. We see that he shortens his rotations in the playoffs to the point where it is detrimental to the team. And now it is coming out that he is rubbing players the wrong way. And if you believe that Atan is a super talent and you think he could become a cornerstone of your team moving forward, and Ayton is at a crossroads and in an in pass with Monty Williams. One of those two guys has to go. One guy is making max money for the next five years and one guy is not. So the guy that's not making max money and your new owner Ishbia, you gots to go.
Speaker 3: Second.
Speaker 2: And then you add in matt Ishbiah, who's like, I guess they said it on Twitter, and I think this is right.
Speaker 3: I think matt Is Shbia probably has main character.
Speaker 2: Syndrome where he believes he is the protagonist in every part of the life that he's living.
Speaker 3: He is the center of the universe.
Speaker 2: That's like, I don't know, it's like shocking that a billionaire would be like an egomaniac, but it is.
Speaker 3: It's possible.
Speaker 2: So Joe Si vibes I'm getting from matt Ishbia wants to make splashy trades, wants to get in to the kind of like Rob Polink a little bit like, wants to own the narrative. Wants to make a splash, not afraid to spend money because he wants the narrative to be on him. He wants Now he's running the ship. Apparently he has taken control over all basketball operations, which, like, that's never been bad before when an owner has like taken over and not delegated to people who are smarter or more invested in basketball than him. Like, but whatever, it's his team, he owns it now. So there's a lot of chatter about where Mani is gonna go next, and we'll talk about that in a second. But what I think is really interesting is who matt Ishbia is going to hire next in the main character syndrome, Well, matt Ishbia from Detroit. There are a couple of names that are circulating I think would be awful.
Speaker 3: One is tom Izzo. Do you think tom Izzo.
Speaker 2: And DeAndre Aiden are gonna get along? Like if Monnie Williams didn't get along with DeAndre Aiden? I promise you a college coach who has been leading in his own like control freak kind of way is not gonna vibe with DeAndre Ayden. And then the second is maybe even worse, Isaiah Thomas. Isaiah Thomas, the guy who ran the Knicks into the ground as a GM and head coach combo, This could get ugly fast.
Speaker 3: This could get real ugly, real fast.
Speaker 2: In terms of MANI, I think that MANI should go to a place that is like what Phoenix was when he took over in an eighteen win team like the Detroit Pistons, a team that has a bunch of young talent that needs to get a culture set. As for the Sun's next coach, like I said, they're interviewing Nick Nurse, They're interviewing Mike Budenholzer.
Speaker 3: They are a rumored to also be interested in Tyleru.
Speaker 2: I like all those names personally much more than I like Isaiah Thomas or Tom Izzo. I would personally like someone like Jordi Fernandez from the Kings, or maybe a Becky Hammond from the Las Vegas Aces.
Speaker 3: But I very very doubt.
Speaker 2: That Ishabio will hire an unknown. The bottom line is this, you now have three coaches of the Year in the past five years who are now unemployed, four if you count Dwayne Casey, two of whom have won NBA championships. All I could say, it's a cool world out there. It's a cool, cold world.
Speaker 3: Whether it turns out to be the right decision or not.
Speaker 2: All depends on what comes next. I think there's a lot of of the NBA who believe that there are players out there who are playing in the NBA who are not very good. I think that there are casual fans and hardcore fans who think to themselves, I guess it possible that there are like a group, a pretty large group of players who just don't actually like the game that they're paid millions of dollars to play. And we don't really have any evidence for that. We don't have anything to substantiate our claims. Our beliefs are our anecdotal evidence of just lackadaisical complacency that we see on a night to night basis. Well, DeMar Derozen is cooking a quarter of the NBA and is substantiating the things that we have been thinking for a very long time. What did he say, brace yourself. A quarter of the players in the NBA absolutely stink. That's like one hundred players. That's literally like one hundred out of a four hundred and fifty players. DeMar de Rosen has put a stamp on it. They fuck are trash, they stink, They shouldn't even be here. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen media members included myself, just get cooked by fans saying, oh, I say, oh, this player stinks, X Y or Z stinks. They are not very good, and they're like, you don't know these players are professionals.
Speaker 3: You don't know they're in the NBA.
Speaker 2: How can you say that they're elite guys or elite athletes.
Speaker 3: You're just some caring out there.
Speaker 2: No comparatively to the other guys who don't stink, these guys stink. There are guys who cannot play at an elite level, which is what we're talking about. Do not take my word for it, take Paul George and DeMar DeRozan's word for it.
Speaker 4: Do you feel about the tweet that lebron sent out Bronny was better than some current NBA guys?
Speaker 1: We do, guys, Sorry, no, cap, I'm the type of dude. I keep my opinions myself. I chill, I play the backseat. But being in the league so long, you realize how many don't love the game of basketball, who take it for granted, Who feels so entitled, who just won't everything that come with it, but don't want to put the work in. It's so frustrating, you know what I mean? Like we played in an era where you had like earn everything. So you got so many guys coming in thinking like they just should be playing because they homeboy told them they nice, and it's like, bro, you're not good. So I definitely got Brian standpoint of that, because you'll be surprised. It's a good was it four or fifty of us, it's a good Seventy five to one hundred stinks stinks.
Speaker 2: Good dudes though, Good dudes though, but they stink like they fucking suck. I can't tell you how much I love this clip. Anytime somebody gets into my mentions and tells me that these players don't stink, I'm sending that clip right back to them.
Speaker 3: Seventy five to one hundred players in the.
Speaker 2: NBA absolutely stink at for a long time in this league. So what do you do when everybody on the floor was a number one option for most of their lives. You either adapt or you're fucking gone, or I guess you sit on the bench and throw soup at your colleagues and get dropped.
Speaker 3: Like Kevin Porter Junior.
Speaker 2: The Golden State Warriors, he would probably be one of those seventy five guys.
Speaker 3: That's just what it is. I want to smoke weed.
Speaker 2: They want to go to the club, they want to hang out, they want to get paid, and you know what, God bless them, But when it comes to playing actual basketball, they stink. And I'm gonna tell you they stink. What do you do when you get life changing money? Do you continue to grind or do you chill? That's really the deal. A lot of guys are gonna get the message. That message is eleven for twenty five from the field, and a plus minus of negative eighteen is not going to get you to the place at the table for a long line for a long time in this league. So what do you do when everybody on the floor was a number one option for most of their lives. You either adapt or you're fucking gone, or I guess you sit on the bench and throw soup at your colleagues then get dropped like Kevin Porter Jr. So I've thought this a lot about the NBA because it's kind of like a little office setting. You know, you got guys all put together, they didn't ask to be with one another, a lot of different personalities, a lot of different types of play. You've got coaches that come and go, They've got different systems that they want to run.
Speaker 3: Some of those systems.
Speaker 2: Deprioritize you and prioritize others, other guys. You get traded and they come to your team, they change the dynamics.
Speaker 3: So what do you do?
Speaker 2: How do you try to fix things when they go sideways? And I think that's a question the teams probably have been asking for years, and I have been asking it very specifically about how does anybody patch things up with Rudy Gobert? How does anybody patch things up when this is a player that like is universally disliked. Oftentimes, over and over again, there's infighting. Nobody tells each other what the problem is. They get blown up, they start again, they don't communicate. Things go bad. Guys get traded, they blow it up again. They fire the coach again, They trade a.
Speaker 3: Player again, over and over and over.
Speaker 2: Until they just have no picks, no capital, and a bunch of fucking desimal results.
Speaker 3: That's like the Charlotte Hornets.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm thinking about right now. So the Minnesota Timberwolves face that same issue right in the offseason. They lost in five to the Nuggets, and the difference between the Wolves and the team like the Sixers, as they've got a star, a transcendent star, Aunt Edwards, who is willing to put in the work, Aunt Edwards, who has relentless I strive to be as relentlessly positive as Aunt Edwards. He's twenty one years old and he is maybe the greatest dude in the league. He might save this franchise from themselves, as he could potentially save this franchise from maybe the worst trade in NBA history. Of course, I'm talking about Rudy Gobert, Like I said, universally disliked, came to this team, universally disliked, punched his own teammate in the playoffs to the point where that other player is now gonna maybe leave the team. And instead of Aunt Edwards being like, yeah, we agree, this guy fucking sucks, terrible trade, we gotta move him, or whatever the case might be, he decides what's he gonna do. He is going to fix things with Rudy Gobert. He's gonna patch things up mentor Rudy Gobert. He is going to get their relationship as tight as it can be. It may seem like a tall order, Rudy is notoriously surly, but if anyone can do it, it is Aunt Edwards, the twenty one year old player. Mind you, Rudy Gobert is thirty, so that mentorship relationship is already fucking wild. So, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Aunt Edwards is headed to France this off season just to train all summer with Rudy Gobert all summer.
Speaker 3: Yes, you read that right. According to Wolves Beat.
Speaker 2: Writer Chris Hine, Aunt Edwards is planning on heading to France to work with Gobert. From the outside, Edwards and Gobert didn't always seem to be on the same page. Edward always seemed reluctant to pass when working with him with the screen and roll game, and Edward says that wasn't the case.
Speaker 3: I am stunned.
Speaker 2: I thought that there would be no way that this trade could get salvage, but holy moly, Aunt said this. I love Rudy. ME and Rudy got a great understanding. We talk all the time. I think he can get a lot better as far as catching the ball, jump hooking, and I tell him all the time, like Rudy, I'm gonna throw you the ball every time I want you to jump hook or money dunk on someone and he's like, I got you. So this summer we're gonna get together to work on it in France. He's gonna go to Aunt Edwards in France. I need this reality show. I need it, Not like, hey, Rudy, you French fuck, you've ruined our team. You come to my city and you train with me. No more begets for you, bitch. You're coming to me. No, no, no, He's like courssesant Bojiu, I'm coming to you, Rudy Avoa. Like if anybody can make Rudy Gobert likable, it's Aunt Edwards.
Speaker 3: And you know who.
Speaker 2: Aunt Edwards never said anything like this about never heaped praise on, never went and traded with him in the off season, never said how much he likes him Carl Anthony Towns. This is just further evidence that Carl Anthony Towns probably is on his way out because this team cannot work with two seven footers, gotta choose one.
Speaker 3: One can't defend one who can't score.
Speaker 2: There's a reason that the rumor mill is full of the talk about Carl Anthony Towns to the Knicks, involving either R. J. Barrett or Julius Randall. Aunt is gonna be first team All NBA. He is the stake and Carl Anthony Towns also has main character syndrome, so he might be on his way out. And Aunt Edwards is going to fully salvage the Rudy go Beart trade and maybe even Rudy Gobert's career as a result. If you are a Wolves fan, Aunt Edwards croissant like that is the best news that you could possibly ever get.
Speaker 3: All right. Finally, a quick note on our dubs.
Speaker 2: First and foremost, they need to figure out what's going on with Bob Myers. The rumors around Bob Myers is that he's getting twenty million dollars offer a year to go to a venture capital firm. He might just leave the NBA altogether in order for him to stay with the Warriors. It's going to take a huge bag. So's that's point number one, which I have no updates on. I do have an update though, on the Big Three and whether they're going to continue with the pool party thing. I wanted to illustrate something before the season started that I said. It was in the immediate aftermath when Draymond Green turned Jordan Poole into Glass show from Mike Tyson's knockout that I said this here on the show. The Warriors are in turmoil and how a lot of things progress in Golden State will revolve around whether they can put this behind them. It turns out they did not put that behind them. And now we don't just have anecdotal evidence, we have early reports out of the Warriors camp is that no are dubs.
Speaker 3: Our dubs did not put this behind them.
Speaker 2: According to ESPN's Ramona Shelbourne, she interviewed a ton of Warriors staff and a ton of Warriors players and this is what she had to say. Tension between veterans and younger players on Warriors never went away after Draymond Green's punch. Draymond Green's punch didn't just knock out Jordan Poole. It laid bare the tension between the older Championship corps and the younger players on the organization hoped would supersede them one day.
Speaker 3: It has never gone.
Speaker 2: Away, despite Pool's relative silence on the matter this season. Oh boy, yeah, it turns out hiring a whole new staff to replace the current staff and actually branding it with a name called two timelines, implying that one timeline would eventually be laid out to pasture. Probably not great. And in the second timeline, thing that think that they're the second coming of some sort of dynasty, probably also not great. We've heard grumblings from Pool and Kaminga about playing time. Kaminga is said to be so angry that he thinks he's going to be traded if he doesn't get a full time role next season. You've got Clay that ends up affecting him or Clay now is putting his foot down and he's saying, well, fuck it. If you're gonna give Jordan Pool thirty million, you better give me forty million.
Speaker 3: And that's just not gonna happen either.
Speaker 2: So now there's even more traction to a Jordan Poole trade on the horizon, most recently as part of a package to Toronto for Ogn Andobi. Don't hate that, just like Ognnobi and Andrew Wiggins together, Woo Pool has been somehow not silent anymore, even though he's been ducking the media up until now. He has not said really anything substantive about the punch, but he did say this to the ringer when they were asking him about his relationship with Draymond. It pretty much says everything that you need to know. We said we were just on the court teammates. It's just been business. Oh boy, doesn't sound like they've ever patched things up or ever will patch things up. This season is going to be written about. There's going to be a documentary about the death of the of our Dubs. The death of our Dubs, call it that right now. And the main storyline is gonna be the punch that took them down, the one punch heard all around the world. But whether Draymond, Cole Cocky and Jordan Poole actually ended the Dubs dynasty itself, that remains to be seen.
Speaker 3: That is all the time that we have for the Heat Check.
Speaker 2: We'll be back Friday for an all new episodes. We are here with the conference finals. I'm going to be on the ground for the finals for the Boston element. Then we're not even gonna add the heat into this, like they're not come on right like we know that it's Boston. Check out the feed for past episodes and many episodes which drop every day pretty much every day, and now follow the Heat Check as a twenty twenty two to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: NBA Conference Finals are in full swing.
Speaker 2: Do not forget to download, subscribe, Tell all your friends, every single one of them, and follow us on social wed add this heat check and Trista Crick on TikTok, Twitter and Instagram. We will see you Friday, my friends,