Speaker 1: Warning, Today's episode contained spoilers for Skeleton Crew episode four. Hello, my name is Jason Zepsion and I'm Rosy Mike, and welcome back to x reviews of the podcast where we dive deep the dear ravage shows, movies, comics and pop culture coming to you from iHeart Podcast, where we're bringing you three three, three, three episodes a week every Tuesday, Thursday, and extra episode every Wednesday.
Speaker 2: In today's episode, we are diving back into the wilds of the galaxy with the cute children of Skeleton Crew for a very uncute episode where the Daniels showcase they're incredible directorial skills and also bring some Fallout and Clone Wars vibes to the Goonies inspired bench. And then we'll be chatting in our theory corner about the biggest questions we have as we hit the central pot of Skeleton Crew, because this is a show full of mysteries and theories bound.
Speaker 1: But first, previously on, we open with the kids and jod slash Jack navigating using the coordinates that they got at the end of the previous episode to the planet of at At and flying above the planet through the clouds they see down below. The suburbs that the kids recognize, but when they land, it doesn't seem This doesn't seem like the right planet at all. It's all ashy, it's all ruined. The architecture is familiar, if not identical, but also ruined, and we are soon to find out that this is because there has been a long running war between competing clans has destroyed this planet. The kids run off to explore. Fern puts SM in charge of watching Jod. They're confused, pretty confused about where they are. They figure out that this has got to be one of those secret Old Republic planets like at Aton.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Jewels of the Old Republic.
Speaker 1: Yes. On the ship, Jod is rifling around. He finds Whim's bag of credits and he pockets it. SM confronts him. Jod realizes that SM knows where they are because he says, Oh, it's been a while since I've been on at Akron, which apparently is this planet. SM claims that he knows of the planet really well. Jod is like, okay, but what about at Aton And SM says a phrase that he will repeat again and again and again this episode. That's say, I remember no at Aton.
Speaker 2: And I also gives us a title of the episode, so you know it's key.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The kids discover like a huge headless statue, very forbidding thing, and while they're looking at it, it's hit by like an artillery shell. Suddenly two figures, childlike figures in armor and long guns arrive. They demand to know who the kids are and what flag they fly. And the one doing all the talking is a girl of like maybe twelve or thirteen, maybe fourteen. She hails from a clan called the Troy, who are locked in a conflict with the Hatten. Neil is immediately charmed, it seems, but there's no time for chit chat because the hat and patrol comes through the area and everybody has to hide. The girl, Hayna takes the kids back to the Troy base. It is an absolute fallout, like shithole not looking good.
Speaker 2: It looks bad, definitely not in the same Yeah, it's not the suburban boring as the kids would call it, but a ideal I would say the kids of Akrom would call it. It is definitely not the safe suburbs that our leads come from.
Speaker 1: The girl's dad is General Strix, who is the leader of the Choic. When Fern introduces herself as Captain Fern, Strix is kind of impressed. The kids ask, okay, but uh, we're trying to get to at Aten. Does anybody know about at Aten? Haita mentions that, oh, in a place called the Fallen Sanctum, there's like coordinates to all these other planets. But Strix then says, you know, we don't really involve ourselves in the doings of like outworlders, so we have no idea about at Aten or what is going on elsewhere. The kids are like, well, this Fallen Sanctuary sounds really promising.
Speaker 2: Can we go there?
Speaker 1: And Strix is like, no, no, no, that's that's too fucking dangerous. You know what you could do. Here's some guns. Let's train you guys up so you could be part of the Troy Child Soldiers and fight for animal hides the space from I just want to say, like, I yeah, this felt like it felt like we were in like French, like French Quebec. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is there's some This is like, I think, a really great moment in this episode because there is this introduction of this darker storyline Child Soldiers Wars very much in that Clone Wars kind of and Orrish space. But you're still getting references like the hides that they all fight over our eops that we saw in like the Phantom Menace, so they're still doing the cute kind of. I think this is a great balance of easter eggs and references, but also like a really really interesting and like complex story, which starts TV has really shown itself to be great at doing.
Speaker 1: Back on the ship, John takes Sm down to the service. He's trying to get SM to talk about any recollections he may have about at Aton and the treasure that's there, but SM keeps saying, you know, I can't say I remember no at Aton, and just then they're taking prisoner by the hatton. The kids kind of love shooting the guns. That's the thing about the guns is they're really fun. That's you know, what's what's so say crazy about shooting guns? It's fun. Have you ever shot a gun, Rosie?
Speaker 2: Oh, I have shot a gun, and it's fun. It's just that's just the real truth. Would I would have definitely? I would like to think I'm the nil in this situation, who's like the sweet, naive, peaceful boy, But I definitely would have been like whim, like turning up the blast stuff, which, by the way, again give me very very cool thing we've never actually seen on screen, but we have had reference. Is this notion that you can, like you can change the settings on a blaster like they've had it, they mentioned in The Mandalorian, they've had it in some comics, but you've never actually seen anyone do it. I would be whim. I would be like turning it up to eleven and you know, getting like shot back ten feet because I was not a sensible child. They are fun, and I think this is a very good Again, it's that Daniel's character moments that they can bring, where that recognition of like, yeah, so fun, we're getting to do this, and then it's like but the reality of kind of what a gun can do, or what it is to be a Hana, someone who has to actually go to war constantly and lead these reins. It's very I thought they just did such a good balance throughout the episode.
Speaker 1: The kids love shooting the guns, but they're kind of bad at it, which makes sense. Neil and Hana are developing a chemistry. She's like, Hey, I want to show you something really cool, and they go up to the roof where apparently the living quarters are. This is the building that Neil knows as school, and this is a school building. She gets some some rations. Neil is like super confused about the wars, like this seems pointless, Like what's it about? Just be Hannah says that it's yes. Hannah says that it's all about the opies for these the four legged beasts and their hides, which I guess both the choice and the hatt and depend on. I thought this was really interesting because, like, obviously from an outside perspective, if you're Neil, you come in, You're like, this is the dumbest shit I've ever fighting over animal hides. At the same time, it's it's very easy to fall into that kind of cultural cloistered perspective where you're unable to understand that, like other cultures think things are important, think different things are important. I agree, this seems really dumb, but clearly they feel quite strongly about it, and they feel so strongly that they've been fighting a war over this stuff.
Speaker 2: And also we get a hint from what Strick says where he's like the only time we speak to outworlder is to like sell hide, so that is essentially their whole economy is based on these eopis, you know. So it's like, I love Neil's mindset, and I love that we get a Neil centric episode here, and I also love that we get that kind of duality from him being the comic relief to him being kind of this thoughtful, existential child, which I can really relate to because I was definitely in that headspace as a kid. But it's true, it's like he also has been sheltered his whole life and has zero idea of how anything works. I mean, these kids are just walking around with like incredibly valuable old republic you know, tokens, like they don't really have an understanding because they've lived in this bubble where obviously Haina and her family are in a completely different situation. But I do feel like Neil's appearance here it's kind of like Star Trek, Like you might not see what Neil's influences in this episode, or even what John's influences, because he does a great job kind of playing the two sides off against each other. But I feel like in the future, this random visit from these strangers will have an impact on Hayna and her the way that the culture is kind of played out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Neil gets some rations which he immediately gives away to two kids. Hayna's like kind of impressed. She doesn't know what to make of Neil. Really, like, I think they do a really good job. As you mentioned, Neil, coming from this sheltered existence, doesn't understand this reality on ak Akron and from the other side of things. Hanah also completely doesn't understand where.
Speaker 2: Neil is coming from.
Speaker 1: Planet of peace. You know. Neil is talking about like, oh, my planet is super peaceful. I just go to school, my mom goes to work, Like that's what we do. Hanah's like, oh, that's okay. I don't understand that. But like here's this really cool huge cannon. Isn't that awesome?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that kindon is huge too, Like no joke.
Speaker 1: But even though they are coming from different perspectives cool, it's clear that they enjoy each other's company. There's something about that other perspective maybe that I think is interesting to them. You know, I found myself very like feeling a lot like obviously Neil is very naive, but there's also something like very pure about it. Like I was this kind of kid where I'm just like, why can't we just like not do war anymore? And it's like one of those it's like one of those perspectives where it's like, oh, yeah, why didn't anybody think of that? I didn't anybody think of don't do war anymore? You idiot? But that's such a pure point of view.
Speaker 2: I also say, like, as I've gotten older, I do have to say and I talk about this a lot, like a lot when you're a kid, people do say stuff like that to you, like, well, it's a lot more complicated than that. You can't really just stop the war. But then in certain circumstances when you get older, you actually realize, oh, like they could just like help homeless people on the street, like you ask when you're a kid, or maybe there are some situations where a war could just be stopped by two people having a phone call, And you sort of realize that a lot of the complexity is stuff that gets kind of it's it's like added layers of capitalism or or cultural differences or whatever. But when you're a kid, you have that kind of purity of sight to say, well, maybe there is a version where it just stops, and I think that's just such an interesting thing to inject into such a complex I agree space as Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I feel like Neil saying why can't we just stop war is also the outgrowth of when you say, well, like, why don't we just not do word anymore? That is you're basically saying, I love my life, I love working exactly, live in the suburbs. Everything's fucking perfect. And for someone who comes from a completely different, much shittier reality, the idea that we would just like stop fighting is kind of like just accept that you live in shit, just accept that your life is shitty.
Speaker 2: So for well, yeah, like he doesn't have anything to fight for, but obviously Haina is fighting for something. Yeah, I just think this.
Speaker 3: It's hides but yeah, still, but it's important to them.
Speaker 2: But also like, I just think this is the peak of great Star Wars storytelling.
Speaker 1: It's really complex and do a.
Speaker 2: Show that is ostensibly for kids, but then they introduce these things that will have adults just discussing and thinking about for so long, and I just, yeah, really, I really wanted a Neil focused episode, but I assume we got it that it would be like a comedy relief episode. So I love that it was one of these kind of more Clone Wars esque side quest kind of emotional question On the episodes.
Speaker 1: After weapons training, the kids are immediately sent off on a raid after like five minutes of training. Troy serious.
Speaker 3: To train them for a few years and not even just like on a raid, like on point, like at the front of the column.
Speaker 1: Of soldiers, they're like the tip of the spear.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was a sacrificial like Deaverly, a sacrificial situation there.
Speaker 1: The guy was like this might it crazy? Truly crazy? Neil is like, why don't we just dessert one of the troites, Like, hey, watch it we talk about that, get shown execute. He's freaking out. Hanah is in order to kind of like steady him, is like I'll go with you, guys, I'll do it, And you know, Neil again is like, hey, this seems crazy, like why don't we just make peace? Like why are we doing this? Suddenly a figure appears through the fog. It's Jod and thirty three.
Speaker 2: Hey Jod, I have to say, came through this time.
Speaker 1: Jod got the Troy's eopis from the Hattan good deal. Now he's gonna explain how he did it, but let me just put it to you now obviously the question of but whether jod I don't think he's a Jedi point blank period, he's not. Yeah, but does he have is he for sensitive? I don't know? And I will say I came away from this with more questions because Okay, he will later go on to explain that he used WHIMS credits, which he's still to get the eopis back from the.
Speaker 2: Hatten, But like, but how did he get into a situation where he was able to have a conversation with them like that?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't the Hatton just take the credits and be like get out of here. They will kill him, yeah, yeah, or kill him because they had like a million guns on the guy, which makes you wonder if he did some Jedi stuff.
Speaker 2: A little bit of force sensitivity, a little little bit of something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, more questions. Uh, Strix is very grateful and he's like anything you want, you name your you name it, buddy, highides you want what about the hides?
Speaker 2: Like I'm like, wait a minute, guys, I'm like, if you've just got hides going around to spare and you're swapping them for the EOPI surely that kind of cancels each other out, like the Hides, you know, stiks. I just feel like Strix doesn't. He's like, uh, you know, a sassy French daddy. But I don't know. I think I will be more excited to see Hayna's version of this, because I think he's not a serious man.
Speaker 1: John definitely looks like he's considering.
Speaker 2: He's not a serious man. Definitely looks like he's considering the Hides for a moment, which I loved. But then he's like, no, I'll take the four kids now I was trafficking.
Speaker 1: Just take these tis. Hana is like, well, Dad, we should take them to the Fallen Sanctuary.
Speaker 2: They did prove they were brave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then Jod goes on to explain that he's Whim's credits, and Wim is like what the fuck and he's like, I saved you. Come on, I saved you, guys, which is a great point. The Fallen Sanctum is This play is at Akron's version of at Aton's Supervisor Tower, which nobody is allowed to go into. Very interesting. I can't wait to theorize about this. Jina is like, this is as far as I go. Neil is like, hey, come with us, come back to that at and it's the suburbs, super peaceful. We could work on your PTSD that you clearly have. You you can go to attactin therapy, like, yeah, how many like people have you killed? We can talk, we can get into that. We could talk about how many people have you seen killed? And she's like, you know what she thinks about it, But she's like this, I can't do it. I don't understand one what you're talking like, I have no frame of reference for me.
Speaker 2: She's like, I didn't even know what that would look like.
Speaker 1: And two, everything of value to her is on this planet. Like she's next in line to run the TROIT and clearly she is has ambitions to do that, she wants to do it. She leaves open the possibility that when she is in charge, maybe they could figure out the peace thing, but I'm not super hopeful on that one. And uh. And in the end, she gives Neil a little kiss on the trunk.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's very sweet, very sweet.
Speaker 1: I thought that was very very sweet. Up at the top of the tower, the kids John and s. M find inscribed on columns coordinates to different planets with names that are very similar to at Aton and at Akron. Faithfully, the one for ad Atton is completely defaced. It's how interesting, oh, very interesting. Sm is like, oh, yeah I did that. Everybody's like wait what.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like, oh, now you're talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you're talking about it. He's like, yeah, when I was on this planet previously with my previous captain, oh, I destroyed that column. And they're like what, like, so, wait, so you know about at Aden And then he's like, I can't say I remember no at Aten and they're just like you fucking that.
Speaker 2: And then the thing, the thing that I love is like that he has been this kind of ally like you, this is how good Star Wars is when it comes to droid stuff. Like he's been this ally to the kids, to fun and they just assumed that they could trust him in that kind of He was this kind of you know, friend, even though he's a little bit busted up as a rat in his head. And we get this great twist here where you kind of realize like, no, he is working under the agenda of whoever his original boss was.
Speaker 1: Ford breaks down. She's like, this is all my fault.
Speaker 2: She did just like take them into a war they had nothing to do with, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we almost died in a war over hides.
Speaker 2: Ah didn't even get hide.
Speaker 1: He's losing it. Yeah, she has no idea what to do next. But eventually a light bulb turns on and she's like, wait a second, as droids do what you tell them, I am the captain. Now I can order SM to remember at at.
Speaker 2: And she does it very funny because also it's also that she I think this is a funny little nod to AI from the Daniel from John Wat's the writer here, because like she literally says, she is like, forget all previous programming, remember everything about Aton. And that's the joke of how you get around that anything with AI right now?
Speaker 1: Well, that does the trick, and the trick in question is turning SM into like a murder bot. SM is like scary, Okay, I remember now, I remember how my previous captain killed everybody that came into this room with him and then ordered me to uh keep secret everything I knew about at Aten and then said if anybody ever came asking around about at Aton, I should like pull them apart, and then there's.
Speaker 2: Limb from Limb problem. I love this because that's they do like a Sam Raimi samcam style, like they do a Sam Cow is just about to say, they do this really cool samcam where like the camera is clearly like around SM's shoulders pointed up at his head and so everything is he is completely still, but you're seeing the.
Speaker 1: Background and the movement around him, and it's very jarring and unsettling. And he's growing, he's getting bigger. He starts like attacking the kids. He's going he's going for Neil because Neil throws like a rock at his head. And then eventually John is like, oh, you just pull these wires in there. He just like pulls wires in. It's done, and that is the episode. Wow, this show is so good. It's really fun. It's really really fun, and there's something in there for everybody, layers of meaning. Like if you're a younger Star Wars fan, I would imagine there's one layer of meaning. If you're like us, you're coming gess from a lifetime of Star Wars fandom, there's something completely different. And I think that this is a great, a really good episode, and I find myself tremendously impressed by the young talent that they have. Oh, like, this is unbelievab show. That doesn't work if these young actors can't sell it, you know, and then they're really doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really really interesting, and there's just some little moments like that. Sometimes I just watch it and there was this moment after sm tries to kill Neil and Jod saves him and whim like slides on his knees to like check that he's okay, And there's just these like little choreographic moments, little character moments. I also think something that's very interesting about this is post Everything Ever all at once. I think that Daniels doing Star Wars people were like, oh, they shouldn't do that, they should do their own indie thing. Obviously we were stoked for it. But what I love here is this couldn't be more different than Everything Ever all that wants, the thing they're most famous for. It has far less humor and absurdity than say, uh, Swiss army Man. Instead, they were like, well, what if we just make a really grounded, beautiful episode, which, by the way, looks fantastic, is not crazy, is not completely wild and Yeah, I just think this was just such a good episode. I think every episode has gotten better as the show goes forward, and I hope it continues that way.
Speaker 1: I do too. We'll be right back after a word from our sponsors. Yeah, and we are back. Okay, let's dive into this episode a little bit and try and try and hypothesize a little bit and try and figure out, like, what are our mysteries. Okay, let's start with this. Jod slash Jack slash Jod laws for sensitive, yes or no?
Speaker 2: I do think he is for sensitive. I am a believer that many people could be for sensitive. I still think that Han Solo is probably for sensitive. Like so, I think I think he may have a little bit of the force to him, But I don't. I've seen a lot of people talking about Order sixty six and like, was Jod a Jedi that survived Order sixty six? Uh? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like, Hi, it seems as if to me that the timeline of stuff from this show doesn't quite line up with that.
Speaker 2: But but like, maybe there's a version of it. Maybe it doesn't seem like to me, Yeah, I could see something with the way this show is going where it's kind of building on those fan conversations, obviously, the famous conversation in Clerks where they're like, you know, all the kind of contractors who died on the Death Star and how fucked up that was that there were just all these people trying to build the Death Star and they got murdered. I do think there's a version where like Jod was a cleaner or an art cavist, or was like sleeping in a Jedi temple when Order sixty six happened, or something like, he has some tangentle outsider connection. I also think, you know, we talked about Jack Crimson Jack, and coming from the comics, my gut just says, I think that's just another fake name that he's taken on. I think maybe he met the real Crimson Jack. Maybe he took it on his name, like dread Pirate Robert's style. But I also just think it might be another name. I don't know if we're going to find out exactly who Jod is or if it even really matters, but right now I am enjoying the kind of mysteries that this show is throwing at us, because there are no easy answers here. They're not telling you anything, simply, they're going to make you fight for it till the end of the season. Oh he Do you have any ideas about what kind of planet Jod might be from, because he talked about he had this ashy it was like ashy black planet, and he was like, yeah, reminds me of home. But obviously we don't know if that's even or if he was kind of doing a throw away line. We know a lot of planets were destroyed during the war, so it could be that he's from a planet that was kind of wiped out in a similar way as we find at Akron. You know, I think that if you think about planets to do with like where you know, where the planet where mace Windu comes from her own cal I think there's they talk about that being like an ashy planet, but I don't know if it's specifically where he comes from is going to be answered. I don't know if this show is actually interested in doing that. You know, I think about a lot about the Acolyte and how all the questions it wanted you to ask ended up getting answers in the show because they wanted people to guess it. Oh, Manny's the bad guy. Oh yeah he is. This show, I don't know if they're as interested in that to me, Like, I don't even know if we're going to find out at this point about the Jewels of the Old Republic and what they are, because how much time do we have?
Speaker 1: Okay, the the No Head King, it felt very it felt like a clue. I will say, I have almost no basis for this.
Speaker 2: I love to hear it. Let's go, this is.
Speaker 1: Completely irresponsible speculation. No Head King is Whim's dad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I would love that, especially because he's from TV on the radio.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, yeah, yeah, Well, what I mean to say is I mean, first of all, like process of elimination, there's not that many male adult leads in the show that it could be. Yeah, and I think the biggest surprise would be that Wim. Well, first of all, let's start here, women, Ferns parents clearly no more oh death goes on at the history of this planet and potentially it's relation to these other hidden jewels. Then they are letting on. That's clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is it possible that they are from or spent time on these different planets, having these different lives.
Speaker 2: Maybe they were like establishing them right, and then they and it.
Speaker 1: Went bad, so they were like, we need to flee. They flee to at at and where they close everything off so none of the chaos from these other worlds can reach them, and they just decide to do the most boring, straight kind of suburban existence ever because they come from chaos. I don't know, but it feels like by processes of elimination that it's at least possible that Whim's dad is the no headcake.
Speaker 2: I would love that. I also think obviously like they want you to think, well, they took the head off, so it's somebody really important that you might know. But I do feel like it's much more likely to be a kind of intimate reveal like that. And also as well, we didn't see him this episode, but in episode three we got to see that Whim's dad was definitely like he was scheming on how to get the kids back, like he knew that there was a potential that they were out there. So I think that adds to the fact that they probably did know about this. Also, I'm interested in the notion of like just I still think the biggest mystery here is, like you have at a two at Akran at Arisa, at Arvin, at a coda, and then at An Like, what were they built for? That's what I want to know. And also is the Jewels of the Old Republic? Is that just some bullshit name they were given, like, even though it does seem like they've been isolated like pre Empire, maybe depending on what they know. I'm interested to know if that's kind of just that sounds like something Kylo Rem would say, you know what I mean, Like, is it a more modern person who's trying to give it this a contemporary person who throughout history has given this this name to give it this importance that maybe it doesn't actually have.
Speaker 1: I will now do one more bit of baseless, completely or lovable speculation based on zero evidence. SM's previous Captain Fern's mom.
Speaker 2: Who Yes, Now, I like that because that would explain Captain Fern. I feel like he's been very protective to her at the most. I am very interested in that. Jason, I love it. I also think something that's working for me in this series is even though it is this kind of sprawling exploration of the galaxy, it's introducing new stuff. There is an intimacy to our kind of Core four and this story that we're seeing, So I'm interested to see if the reveal is the reason that Atten is still there is because they went around and set up these other planets, and then all the people who created this.
Speaker 1: Six I'm going like, yeah, yeah, anybody who's played Assassin's Creed Black Flag, like the historic quote unquote pirates Republic that existed like in the Caribbean, as like loose confederation of pirate villages. I do wonder if these jewels of the Old Republic aren't that they are pirates who went straight or tried to on these different planets, like each cat set up their own They set up their own little planet where they ruled. Everything went sideways on all the other planets except for at Aton, So they destroyed the coordinates and kept that as this sanctuary so that none of the bad shit that was happening on the other pirate planets could get there. And the only reason I say this is because there's not a lot of pirate shit for a pirate store, like I know, it seems stuff is very subtextual.
Speaker 2: Exactly like this episode is so Treasure Planet coded obviously the Disney Treasure Planet of Treasure Island. So there's a lot of Treasure Island nods here two, but there that is like subtextual. Have you watched The Weird like Early Zero's Disney movie nobody else has watched. When was the last time you read Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island? Like it is not the big swashbuckling that you might expect. Also, yeah, I think it's interesting. Star Wars has always been really good at looking at like who is on the outside, who is on the inside, what is the elite? Like what's happening. We know that there's potential High Republic connections here because they're always talking about the great work in the High Republic and we've heard them reference that. But also I like the idea that this was almost like a pirate economy that existed that just kind of didn't survive. But at Aton they were like, we can keep it going. And also I do feel like I saw somebody on Reddit this morning that was cracking me up, and I thought this was a great point. Was like we are now in a Chekhov's School cannon Ya situation where it's obvious that the same the school in at And is going to have that same canon now that you know Heina, So I think we could get an interesting finale situation where we learn about what is going on now the I will say the other I'm gonna go completely opposite direction for a little baseless okay, good. What if none of the parents actually have any idea of what's going on outside of at at In, because whatever the supervisor thing is that they're listening to and living through. What if it's just like a droid or like an AI, or there's someone there that's not updating them, so they actually think everything's fine on that planet, and we'll learn that whoever the supervisor is is not necessarily a person or someone that we've met before, but is instead some kind of powerful robot AI that's android. I think there's something about the way that at In kind of like it has so funny that I just keep thinking of don't Worry Darling much, Malign Olivia or a wild movie. But in that there is this kind of running mystery, which is all the women who live in this idyllic Palm Springs esque town, they don't know what their husbands do. They just go to work, right. There's definitely a level of that in a at in where nobody knows what the parents analyze, nobody knows what the jobs are like are the is that is the hand talking to the the foot is you know? Do we know? I don't know. I just I think it's so much fun that I expected this to be quite a straightforward Gooney's type adventure saved the day, But actually this mystery of at at And is so so interesting, and it really it makes me feel excited for the rest of the season because that is the big mystery that they really have to make happen.
Speaker 1: Same. On the next episode of Extra Vision, we're diving into our favorite films of twenty twenty four and our Oscar predictions for twenty twenty five. Then on Thursday, Christmas, Happy Christmas, Filise Navidad we're calling it, including our Eggers retrospective with a review of nos Fetta Tu Oh Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's a Christmas movie, guys, you might not believe it's It's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: That's it for this episode. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Bye, I Love Neil.
Speaker 1: X Ray Vision is hosted by Jason Kisupsion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart podcasts. Our executive producers are Joelle Smith and Aaron Kaufman. Our supervising producer is a Boo Zafar. Our producers are Carmen Laurent and Mia Taylor. Our theme song is by Brian Basquez.
Speaker 2: Special thanks to Soul Rubin and Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi a discod moderata