Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison and NEWI scrugs.
Speaker 2: Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: Let's ride lounge and here what's up man? I'm just happy to see yes, sir, goodness see two times big I got myself good good. What's up clean today? Earlier you got the charge approval.
Speaker 2: I have an invented dude like moderating a book signing your guy.
Speaker 3: He's booked book.
Speaker 4: It's not black quarterack, it's about black quarterbacks. Books called Rocketman, written by John Eisner. And so he's in town tonight and so they asked me.
Speaker 3: To come moderated book.
Speaker 2: And so read the book and big fan of reading.
Speaker 4: And it was this tremendous story about how black quarterbacks. Just how I was sarting to Tony Dungee about the book on Sunday in San Francisco. Tony Dungee led the Big Ten in passing and he was in Minnesota. Immediately Steelers took him like d back and it was like he had a choice, do you go straight to the CFL or do you go go play in the NFL?
Speaker 2: Switched positions, and he switched positions.
Speaker 4: Came a defensive back play with Hectma's uncle Joe Green on Super Bowl thirteen, and ended up after that going to San Francisco. But yeah, he's one of those guys, says man. If I'd have had a shot, what could I have done? Friday, I did a panel with Vince Young, and I truly do believe this. When I look at Vince Young and I look at Lamar Jackson, I think very similarly of the players and their abilities. I think Vince Young was about ten years too early because you bring in Lamar from Louisville, They're like, Okay, what did you do with Louisville, Let's cater this to you. And with Vince Young being Jeff Fisher and Norm Chowd weren't trying to do that. So the book talks about this that evolution, and literally, I don't know how some of these gentlemen played in the NFL with the indignities that they went through.
Speaker 3: Is that what Moon did?
Speaker 5: And Moon is that why he went over to took the words rather my mouth. That's a guy that is probably the poster child for that and probably the end of that era of black quarterbacks being underestimated out of college because Warren Moon shouldn't have had to go to the CFL, win championships, do all that he did. He had a whole career before he even got to the NFL, and he had a hell of a long NFL career. So think about all the years that he wasted having to play in the Canadian League and look at a lot of the same things are true today. I feel like, except for they changed the wording. They changed the wording it's cold, you hear it. It's just like what you're hearing right now for my man Jackson in Baltimore. I mean, not that athletic athlete, one dimensional, you know, and all of those and all of those things went quite frankly, his guys are dropping balls, you know. But anyway, man, it's just the plight of the black quarterback. And I'm that's dope.
Speaker 4: So Douneem had talked about Warren Moon. They were in college at the same time, so you know, he's looking at Moon over here in the PAC twelve and they ended up winning and going to a Rose Bowl, and then the Tony's done. These team didn't make the Rose Ball. He's like, wait a minute, you know, tell me that guy can't play. And as you talked about, heck, he won five Great Cup Championships, which the Super Bowl up there in the CFL and then finally got to the league. But you go back and you look at the draft in which Mental Trubisky was taking as the first overall quarterback in that.
Speaker 3: Draft Shawn Watson.
Speaker 4: So now have been when Bill, when Bill Parks Sales was here, Bill talked about, you know a number of things that you were looking for from a quarterback. And I think it was like Mitchell had thirteen starts not watching enough Carolina football. You know, he couldn't beat out the dude in front of him. They kept trying to give it a job. He couldn't do it. Thirteen starts. They go to the sun Bowl, they go play in a Sun Ball.
Speaker 5: Stanford I think got beat Okay, I think they got beat by Stanford.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And so all of a sudden, Mitchell Trubisky shoots up becomes the top quarterback taken, and then the teams who passed on Watson was the third guy. Despite winning the National Championship Game for Clemson and playing in the National Championship Game twice, he was the third quarterback and he went twelve. Cleveland passed on him twice. Now you're paying them all this money. You had the opportunity to take this dude two times and you said no, Patrick Mahomes was taking tenth.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: And so when you think about Mitchell Trubisky and oh, by the way, the teams who passed on Mahomes, who passed on watch San Francisco, Jacksonville, the Jets, I mean, the Jets. No offense to Jamal Adams, a local kid, but you're taking a safety over quarterback.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's it's wild.
Speaker 4: And that was kind of one of the things hackened where they talked about how how much of things changed at times.
Speaker 2: So it was a really good book.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna go out there and talk to him in Dallas and just it was a great education read. I've told the guys like, man, this should be a colled seminal because it's a lot of the things that you just don't know about the game of football and the way the mentalities are, but they also celebrate the fact that a guy like Dak Prescott has been able to get himself, you know, that kind of contract.
Speaker 2: He's happened the mahomes is not able.
Speaker 4: To just get that half a billion dollar contract but then become a pitchman for things as well. So yeah, yeah, it was pretty good and just I mean, at one point time, remember the Capital, we had three black quarterbacks. It was Anthony Wright, Quincy carl and it was the third guy it was it was Banks. Banks was about and they moved them to d B game the dog treatment. I'm trying to keep you laugh. So your teams want you to try.
Speaker 3: That man back that's so insulting that I like, you're a good dude. Let's say, if you will to stay around back cowboys, good feet.
Speaker 4: Back at it today here at the sorry are sorry? Here the players about you by Tostitos So Peyton Hindu shot tight end is going to the reserve injured list. Here, Sean McEwan is signed the practice squad. So you look for Shawn to come up for Shawn Evans the linebacker roll tired from Alabama.
Speaker 2: He's now officially on the practice and pointed me, he's.
Speaker 5: Over there, pointed me. You act like you know you did, so you didn't.
Speaker 6: Point at me.
Speaker 3: No, that's me pointing the tape. I would like that, you.
Speaker 4: Know, practice squa and Shaun Wright designated to returns Sean.
Speaker 5: Right, that's a big one right there. Yes, I was talking about c J. Goodwin yesterday. So all hands on deck with special teams. Yeah, exactly, they need it. They needed like like we said yesterday, when you're looking at guys who can kind of feel in not be what CJ was, but at least you don't see that big of a drop off. I think I think Sean Wright is one of those guys. And then you talk about the cornerback position. At one time, you know, this was the deepest unit I think on the whole tire squad outside of the defensive line. Now you look at it, you know, thankfully and Shawn is going to be coming back because they're one injury away from you know, having to put one of those safeties at the slot corner or having to put this one of them safeties outside. So you think he's coming back, and you was question I think for me, I was questioning Nate Shawn Right whether he's gonna make the team in the summer because of all the time that they had, and obviously Kelvin Joseph departs and still with even with Gilmore and Diggs, she had to figure out, what were you gonna do with the rest of those guys? I mean, uh, what's up your guy? Mcconmo. His injury high impactful. It's been on the secondary him being out. He showed you those flashes, but we haven't even been able to just tap into his talent. Yeah, listen, it's gonna be it's gonna be a test. It's gonna be a test. But you brought up Kevin Joseph. I'm gonna say this, aren't we glad for defensively that we don't have to go through that experiment again like we did last season where Jackson it was like, all right, well.
Speaker 3: Who are we gonna who are we gonna fill in?
Speaker 5: At this point, we're gonna give Kevin Joseph another shot, And we've all been sitting here with our hands of like, so there's not the team you want to do that against. I do I do worry because if you have to get out there on the fields as a backup or a replacement against this type of team with Kellen Morris coming out here and they're gonna throw the ball. Man they circle with somebody, somebody getting circled.
Speaker 3: Who is that guy? Who is that something? Somebody gonna get the tael of the dubody. You will see that. You gonna see the matchup. It turns on somebody and that's the guy.
Speaker 5: The commentators always come on in the middle of the game and be like, yeah, we talked to them about this, and they said they wanted to attack this guy.
Speaker 6: All on.
Speaker 3: This guy. Wait to wait to the second quarter. You're like, oh yeah, all right, we know.
Speaker 4: Now were looking at spot like Keenan ala kind of saw Aaron Rodgers is head.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Pro Bowl time.
Speaker 4: This is the matchup they want ask question, is this the game where you would have either a Bland or Gilmore kind of travel with a Keenan Allen, because you know they put them all over the place.
Speaker 5: He's never just in one one side of the field. He's never outside or inside, he's both of them. So this is this the game where you travel somebody or you just there you go.
Speaker 3: I'm a stand on this, okay.
Speaker 5: I still have the ultimate faith in Duran Bland all right as a cornerback. I'm with you now, I don't want to be traveling gilt More all over the place. We haven't really seen like that much of a difference between one side and the other since Traymond's has been out for us to say, Okay, if we travel step on over with Keenan Allen, it's gonna make that much of a difference. I'm gonna give dron blaand the opportunity to be where the ball is being thrown because that gives him the best chance to do what he does best to get a turnover.
Speaker 3: That's true. They didn't traveling.
Speaker 5: They didn't traveling with Deebo, they didn't traveling with ou, they didn't do any of that.
Speaker 3: And you saw what happened, you know, ken zone bro. You saw them covering two zone.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing that when you don't have a digs you know, does that take away from a DQ defense that love to play man and man.
Speaker 3: That's what they were choking.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna agree with you that that his impact, his absence has had more of an impact that you would have predicted. And coming up against Justin Herbert, I have that question like who is he going to target?
Speaker 3: There's so much to look at us.
Speaker 5: Why we talked about Monday the safety positions, Like, man, we saw the tight ends eating. I don't think you have the same tight end it's gonna eat.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're not gonna have that.
Speaker 5: But I think you have some matchups with Keenan Allen that you may have to like pay closer to because he's like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's like that. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We were about TC TCUs On Quinn Johnson uh the same way. But he's a rookie that we figured like he'd have big playability. So this offense, we know what Keller Moore is gonna do. He's gonna stretch him. Dan Quinn, listen, I know you said not the same type of tight end. The difference between Kittle and Everett is they gonna line him up at number one. They're gonna line him up like a receiver, and you're gonna have to treat him like a receiver when you go out there in your formation, whatever base or nickel or dom, you likely are gonna have to put a nickel on him or whoever your best cover safety is. And then you're gonna see if you like, because they're gonna throw him the ball out there and you're gonna have to see if you can cover it or not, and if you can't, they can continue to throw it to If you're implementing a game plan this whole week, whatch you know? Dan Quinn is like obviously Keenan Allen to me is the one player that I look at is like, we can't let this guy burn us for one hundred and fifty. But is there anybody else that has that Eckler's coming back? That's the guy Heckler's coming back this week, So I mean, that's another guy you got to kind of keep your eyes on and let's not you know, forget about the injury to vander esh. I mean, this is a guy who was playing well this season and he's kind of that quarterback of the defense, especially in that front seven. He gets everybody lined up and going in the right direction. So when you talk about playing more zones coverage versus you know, this type of outfit we're talking about offensively, that's a guy in the middle of the field that was holding things down. So that's something that you know, this we can't overlook the injury of Vanderresh.
Speaker 3: Either Eckland Allen.
Speaker 5: But but you you cannot let ever get loose. You cannot, because they really try to get him the ball. His numbers don't say that he's an integral part of the offense. But when they when they get in those situations to where all right, we're trying to really stretch out the defense and they extend them out from the tackle, you gotta treat that like a passive formation. I think you're gonna have to see dan Quinn adjust to what they're trying to do on off because he's not He's not a block.
Speaker 3: And you still trust Wilson and Curse to start.
Speaker 5: Start start, I mean til you see something different. I mean, listen, the game was That was a game, right it was.
Speaker 3: It was a game. It was a game. So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I trust him, but he knows more about covering than I do. It's gonna be a tough matchup. But once again, like you said, they're not going against you know, Shanahan in the forty nine ers, even though that's my guy coming more out there. He's not at the level of a Shanahan, So you're not gonna see as much you know, distractions and eye candy like they saw last week and had these guys distracted and playing slow. I don't think you'll see that too much of that, but he will try to push the football down the field. So as well as much as we're talking about coverage wise, that front seven has got to come to play. We gotta see, you know, Parsons and d Laud the ones that we saw the first two weeks of the season if they want any shot, because if they give Herbert time back there, it's gonna be a long day or a long night on Monday night. So it's gonna be it's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm just reminiscing on the on the on the last night game we had God and I'm just remembering you, you know you at the game giving us up days and that was that was the most act of the text message group had been in a while.
Speaker 3: The count to thirty. I won't count.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're going back out to l A.
Speaker 5: Can't in Houston? Yeah yeah, yeah, Okay, I might go to oh I know, Sidebar. I might go to a game next week they play here with Tuesday Wednesday third, something like that, Houston versus the Rangers.
Speaker 4: I know nothing about me neither, but I know I'm from Houston. I know it's nothing. I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Baseball team names, God, so you know baseball game. I've been to him. But it's like, man, so you just.
Speaker 7: Dogs and beer, Barry, Bonds, Bobby did see I know more about Barry and sant France, Pittsburgh, just like Troy.
Speaker 3: You can't name four.
Speaker 2: Pirates, no other than I'm uh well, Barry.
Speaker 3: Now that she told me.
Speaker 5: The Dreads, I think his name was Cutting or something.
Speaker 4: Did you guys see what what Troy did on Monday Night Football?
Speaker 2: He was talking to he was talking to Joe.
Speaker 4: Joe trashed him, how about my Rangers? How about my Rangers? And then Joe Buck said, you know, and he was playing around. I got a one hundred bucks said you can't name four Rangers? Killed him on TV, saying, you know, I used to like it better in the fall when you weren't here was doing baseball the fox that.
Speaker 3: He really could. Don't ask me. I don't even don't try to pull one of them.
Speaker 5: Go Asstros, Go Assros, go Astros.
Speaker 3: That's wow. Like I said, I might go to the game. You know the manager. You know the manager. I literally just said, don't ask me nothing about that. I don't watch baseball. You gotta know the manager. Why do I gotta know him? What's his name? Mohammad A go to break Now? The black guy.
Speaker 5: Generation, we used to know the counter of every black president in everything.
Speaker 3: I played t ball for two months. I knew baseball winning for me.
Speaker 5: Don't nothing interested me by baseball or golf except when my city went on my school.
Speaker 2: But you, but you pound your chests for the Astros.
Speaker 3: I'm from Houston. Pound my chest for any Houston team that's doing good. Man.
Speaker 4: You know people, you just need your pirates along. You don't even do that. I don't have to tay like it is. I don't pirates, Biggas, Barry Bondsberry Church. That's why I said that.
Speaker 5: And you ain't grow up watching it, not interested in it like that. It's hard for you to keep up with with who these people?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I like hockey. I'm a root for the Dallas Stars. Okay, I couldn't name one of them. Wayne Gretzky, that's what that's the that's the hockey player. I know that's just what it is.
Speaker 3: Mike, Mike.
Speaker 2: You ever heard of Mike Madonald?
Speaker 3: Never heard them? You never heard of Mike Madonald. Y'all, I never heard that guy.
Speaker 5: So I don't know anybody but Wayne gret that's about tennis. I know Serena. That's it, y'all. Got people tell I know Dusty Maker. Thank you. You text me too late. You should have texted me a little faster than that.
Speaker 3: People like.
Speaker 8: Radio. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: And they snapped the press down. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes flapped. He'll run for a perch down.
Speaker 8: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here, What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 3: Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 5: These smoothie bowls start with USII and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola, and his savory Peena butter Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, We got big hair, big bell buckles. We've got fans all across this big state, and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samir Andov knows football all that's a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home were away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days. Please drink responsibly to the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: The most action packed motorsport experience in the world, returns to Arlington. Head to AT and T Stadium this Saturday, October fourteenth for Munster Jam. Tickets are available now at seek geek dot com, the official ticket and provider of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: Hey heck Maharrison, appreciate you.
Speaker 3: I sho love to go to those with my son Man Jam. You know the.
Speaker 12: No no no no no, no no no no.
Speaker 6: You remember that one that Yeah.
Speaker 5: I know, w W I know that. Come on shout out to I still might be at the game and.
Speaker 13: Cheering on Carbrera just looking no sports event them and that's how he gonna get right up like right behind you, right there.
Speaker 5: Jersey don't have a cowboy jersey except the one out that that I wore.
Speaker 3: Speaking of.
Speaker 4: He's buried church, that's hec Maharrison's Danny Prays loude brought to you by Des.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, back to football, Yeah, make the football. What's going on? But the players lounds be out the chain man, bro. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: If you if you've been listening to a podcasts all day to day, then you should feel real good when you finally get to the players lounge. Okay, because we're gonna talk about something totally different all over the place. We always bring it back to back around somehow, just a little bit extra.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is. You walk in here, you don't know what you if you might get mad. You know, Holly might say something to the last.
Speaker 2: Two days I've been hazed coming Why you couldn't wait to do?
Speaker 5: I said, don't ask me, heart, asking all the questions. I thought you was my friend. I thought she was my brother. Man thought you my brother, you know. I mean he was all die hard Houston.
Speaker 2: I mean he was all you know. I'm like, oh, you must be a STRONGS fan.
Speaker 4: But I mean normally people that talk that's strong about this and know something about the team a little bit.
Speaker 3: But that's what I mean. He talked about killing Moore and Justin Herbert like he from Kelly as a matter, and then they come.
Speaker 2: But this is a pride thing on him.
Speaker 3: This is a personal buried church.
Speaker 4: So he hasn't held this went back before you joined the show, so he for some reason latched onto Justin Herbert and thought Herbert was better than Joe Burrow. We were sitting here standing strong in Joe Burrow at that point in time. Herbert was a little bit ahead. But then Joe ends up going to super Bowl. The man is trying to hold strong the whole way like Joe wasn't that.
Speaker 5: Guy like makes you just wait till make you out.
Speaker 4: So then you know, finally got a little bit humble, but he's still holding on to this thing about.
Speaker 3: This is just a crazy out of this world.
Speaker 2: Like I'm saying, Garoppolo, it's better than than Borrow.
Speaker 3: I ain't too.
Speaker 5: Crazy that you were wrong, because I mean, the man went to AFC and he went to the super Bowl, and I said it didn't nothing I say on air, sar, he's up right, now I said it on it. He's up, let's not act like my man, it's a new year now, and you know, let's just act like let's let's not act like that's crazy.
Speaker 4: So heck ma Now Kellen Moore, his guy is with his quarterback, and so he's determined to be right.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: It's basically it's like, don't let Justin Herbert show up in Las Vegas the super Bowl because this.
Speaker 3: Man is sand on table. That's gonna be his moment.
Speaker 5: That's why that's why he's still up one off the plane even tasty case.
Speaker 3: You know exactly how very.
Speaker 8: This is.
Speaker 4: Like I'm just coming off the top rope with this, no no, what did I have I go through the first two weeks of the season.
Speaker 14: What did I have to go through? Like I'll talking about the somebody did with that offense? You see what it is? Fifteen situation come home, But like I have to deal with all that.
Speaker 2: Your QB game on this show has been wrong.
Speaker 3: One guy.
Speaker 4: One guy was Garrett Gilbert, double that was it oka't remember the who else? So here was the thing on Garrett Gilbert. We were talking about the backup quarterback he gonna swear for Damn Garrett Gilbert is gonna beat our Cooper Rush and then we.
Speaker 5: Put it back on it and then he lost and I owned up right right, I said it. I said if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I don't feel like I'm wrong. And tell me tell me this who who has the Who has the better game? Of course I know what you're gonna say this week. Okay, bounce back game from my man Dakoda Prescott or does he get out the duel by Justin Herbert in California on Monday night?
Speaker 3: That's who has the better game? That's a tough one. That ain't tough.
Speaker 5: You already know who you We're looking at one of the worst defenses in all the football right now? Who got who has the better Let me let me marinate on him versus dak Prescott?
Speaker 3: Right now? Who got the better game?
Speaker 5: If we're gonna play Cincinnati, I'm saying, without a doubt, Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: But that's because Cincinnati's defense.
Speaker 3: This is good? You how your hands moved now?
Speaker 2: Because I'm like, I don't know that defense is it is?
Speaker 3: Got? What we know tomorrow? Will you be able to tell us tomorrow? Okay? I let you know let's got married.
Speaker 5: But you know what, I agree, I agree with you with just looking at just the eyeball test, Joe Burrow is the better quarterback, Like, don't get it twisted. He's the better quarterbacks just the way he moves, the pocket, the way he delivers, all of that. But after that, if he's number one, Patrick Mahomes number two, and.
Speaker 3: Even without a playoff win, Herbert is number three. Well, I didn't put Joe.
Speaker 5: I'm no, no, no, no, I'm talking about I'm just talking about your top five.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, And I'm just saying just based off of what Joe Burrows.
Speaker 5: Absolutely that he's that dude, absolutely absolutely, But I'm going Herbert.
Speaker 3: Herbert's up there talking about it. We talked about top five, so I'm putting he's definitely top five.
Speaker 5: But when you start mentioning who want like winning, who's winning?
Speaker 3: Who's your five? Man, it's crazy? All right?
Speaker 5: Top five for me is number one, Joe Burrow, number two, Patrick Mahomes number three, justin Herbert number four, Josh Allen, number five, Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 3: That's top five.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, that's a solid five, man. I mean, Jack Lamarin even you know there Lamar not there, not there too, And I agree with your listen.
Speaker 4: I'm just based on the fact that Hurts has been to a super Bowl. So this is body at work.
Speaker 3: This is like this year.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm talking about body, just who he is, what he's doing on his team, the type of he's top five playing right now. Yes, like I agree with that based off this year. I got knocking on the door, my man, Jared Golf just six no, just not not gonna do somewhere six seven. That's some interchangeability looking here. But yeah, he's yeah, a couple more games, like like you're doing right now, having a Detroit because could you forget that it's Detroit.
Speaker 3: He'd be like, damn camp, don't about no quarterback want to go to Detroit. Number was out there, battle was Saint Brown.
Speaker 5: Because Jared Goff was out there playing well, and I also been to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: We're gonna forget Matthew Stafford like that.
Speaker 3: He's he's top in, he's top ten about right now. He's playing well.
Speaker 8: My man.
Speaker 3: You know you know how I feel about it.
Speaker 5: I ain't putting no trust in matt Stafford because at the drop of a dime. This dude could elbow, back, knee, neck, everything, So hold off. Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on him. You see him in two weeks. So the whole what Jared Golf is doing in Detroit more than I do that what Stafford is doing in l because they shipped him out. They shipped Jared Golf out for Stafford, and Stafford and Golf went down there to Detroit and now they're making making Detroit you know, been a super Bowl he did.
Speaker 2: He's got no offensive line.
Speaker 4: They don't have a lot of talent in the man is making pook in the colub in the coloor here.
Speaker 5: I won't up on the officer line. Joe Burrow did what I want. You already said he had one of the worst officer lines in the in the league. Was the c championship in Yeah.
Speaker 3: When Burrow was done.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting up here looking man to have Matt Stafford out here and not even mentioned the man's.
Speaker 3: Name's top five. That's our five. Man. We ain't gonna no further than you got.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm kind of what on is on his list about the same you know I got, I got. You gotta put Borrow, you gotta put you know her or not Herbert my home's up at the top, and then right over there you got her burn them boys coming. So that's a that's a solid list. But with all these quarterbacks you're throwing out there is Dak top ten.
Speaker 3: That was my next question that Dok is ten. He's ten. He's right, so he's ten.
Speaker 5: And it's more as long as the season goes at this office is player.
Speaker 3: Like this.
Speaker 5: Because we're looking at the production, we're looking at the player that like right now, this office is not doing this man any famous.
Speaker 4: It's not it's not good. I mean, I mean we're just going based off this year. No, he got five touch downs four incepsence. Yeah, I mean just based off of this year. No, No, I honestly, I mean because if you're gonna put him in the top ten, I mean that's that's right now. We got what seven right here? Okay, right here, we got seven in there. I was gonna say, you got.
Speaker 5: You just can't put Kirk Cousins above him. Is why he's gonna stay ten. His that his that so you should be yea carr Gino playing better than that.
Speaker 3: That's why I have to put up lord.
Speaker 5: No, not now based off this year, based off this year, now, based off this year. Now, I can't give that fields big get out of that fit though I ain't going to either asking the question Fields Baker, Bakers, Baker, Baker is playing well, top fifteen, put Baker top fifteen, were talking about above that, how Dak has been playing so far? But this season, no, no, now, this is I mean, come on, man, I'm just I'm talking about this offense is struggling. That's That's the only place I'm taking it.
Speaker 3: We ain't gonna you know, I'm just looking for right here.
Speaker 5: Up to this point, most of those quarterbacks that that we've named, I think stat wise, where the teams are, all that are above where one expected that first got the people actually where he is, though we expect them to be top ten, maybe top five. And you know five and four is not even though we here we worked for Dallas Cowboy. Five and four is not not top ten numbers.
Speaker 2: And by the way, the young rookie of Houston has played very good.
Speaker 3: Has he thrown an interception? I think she got one finally or not, because I don't think you record.
Speaker 4: He's got seven touchdowns through the air and zero interceptions.
Speaker 5: So much for not having a defense, the defensive minded head coach with their rookie quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: You know, they playing good ball in Houston.
Speaker 5: I think it's surprised everybody knew, and I know you surprised more.
Speaker 3: Than anybody at the way that Houston is playing.
Speaker 5: Because look, we thought that Miko Rience was walking into a dumpster fire and it has turned out that it is not a dumpster fire.
Speaker 4: So it's two black guys did well him everything else it was his fault. Brother didn't get a sick I need six with five six, so I mean they gave it to him.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it has been death. I mean it's been a job of death.
Speaker 5: No it's not. It hadn't been a good look, but I tell you a job of death right now. I'm looking at my man Iron Mike. I'm like, Mike, this right this game right here for us, for this Charger game. This is a big one. Look, two things got to happen, though, they got to respond to the loss from last week.
Speaker 3: Hold that thought right there, that's the tease that how do.
Speaker 4: What will be with Barry Church, com Harrison, Danny mc crane.
Speaker 5: That you that's how you know Astro.
Speaker 15: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will included a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker.
Speaker 15: Is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 9: They snapper the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowl unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 11: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 3: Home are away.
Speaker 11: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smirnoff, we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: To the players. Loude.
Speaker 5: Head to the Pro Shop at Northeast Mall in Arlington, Texas on Saturday, October fifteenth between eleven am at four pm for Dallas Cowboys collectibles on tour. See Rare team archive, customize headwear, headwear, grab a gift with purchase, and enter for a chance to win a giveaway. Stay tuned for more tour stops coming through this season.
Speaker 4: All right, I know that mall very well, sir, Thank you pack Maharrison. Yes, her Players Lounge brought to you by to Studo's got Danny mccraig, got Barry Church and the instructs we do our Thursday night football. So let's go ahead get that one out the way here, boy Russ, that's right.
Speaker 3: Dane's your rush.
Speaker 4: Denver is a ten and a half underdog, and Taylor Swift says she's going through the game, So uh give me.
Speaker 2: Kansas City thirty one to sixteen. Broncos are one in four.
Speaker 4: I mean, just you the Bronco, you know you, Kansas City going in here now, just trying to kick him down.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead kick him on down.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be little close Thursday Night football. So I think you know it's been a little. If it's been a little, if you do so, I'm gonna probably go. I gotta at seven. I just don't know if it's gonna be a very high scoring and we don't know what what's going on with Kelsey.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna go twenty four to seventeen. Kansas City of course.
Speaker 5: Uh man, that the Broncos trying to give away everybody.
Speaker 3: They got some stuff. I'm shopping Front Park.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got someff, they got some stuff like you know, hey, Chris Bean, I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: I know it's Tampa and Melon. So I'm gonna go with the Kansas City.
Speaker 5: I'm going to Swifties and I'm going twenty eight seventeen fighting Swifties.
Speaker 3: Church.
Speaker 2: Where do you have Kansas City winning? By now?
Speaker 5: I'm going Broncos on this one. Yeah, I'm going Broncos trying to set anute. I'm already y'all has Chicago. I mean, you know, anyways, give me the.
Speaker 3: Broncos on this one.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm going, uh, you know what, you're taking the Broncos here, I'm taking letting we got to catch up.
Speaker 3: He set off. He went off on the l I'm.
Speaker 2: Getting I'm getting dangers shop right there.
Speaker 3: He's playing playing with house money. I'm gonna get me. Hey, can you see what in his water?
Speaker 5: I'm joking, give me danger Rush. You know we will never hear the end of the twenty four twenty four. We will never hear the end of this er rush, you.
Speaker 3: Believe Clark, theyre about to play.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't make it a difference anywhere, you know what, Bro, You know, I'm starting to realize that you be picking the teams this and all your vacation spots.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He trying to make sure you can still go all California guy, they would like to go ski.
Speaker 3: Make sure you don't get.
Speaker 5: Put out of the stadium, like I understand. Make sure you welcome. Welcome. Let him cook man, Ben, That's what it is. Where he got his time sharing set up. Next week is Jaguars at do Orleans.
Speaker 11: That way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, congratulations, because goodness.
Speaker 3: Let's go, you know, hey, let's rush.
Speaker 5: You know I'll be watching like this. I watched just because it is. Now let's folly it back.
Speaker 2: Here to heck Maherrison, nice little teas before.
Speaker 3: The break here, we were talking about so many things. Man, What were we talking about you said one of the games.
Speaker 5: Probably he's got he's got, he's got to respond. I mean, and I think I think from as a head coach. We talked about you talked about the record being ten and one coming off of a loss. So he's done a good job of getting his team's attention after a loss. But if they come out lifeless, if some of the things that you saw last week don't get fixed, if this offense looked like it's inept and Dak is throwing into congested areas, the wide receivers are not getting separation, you got a problem.
Speaker 3: You got a problem.
Speaker 5: You got guys right now doing a lot of talking in the media, and that's the one.
Speaker 3: I just don't like it.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't like it, and I wish like for them as a team if they just shut everything down and just focused on cause. Man, I don't know about ya to y'all can answer this question that the outside noise, do you feel like it's starting to take a toll on this on this organization? Because when you bring up yesterday and might not leaving this his office from an anonymous source, let's say an anonymous source, but let's just say If that's true, then it's starting to get to you. You're starting to feel the pressure a little bit. I don't mean, I don't know. I don't know if it's the outside noise that I'm that I'm worried about. Are more of like how much they put into last week based off what happened to you in the last two times you played San Francisco in the playoffs, Like you probably were all off season talking about the meeting that you were going to have against San Francisco and how you hope that it would turn out. And not only was it not close, it was like, man, we ain't even like we were.
Speaker 3: Not there, like what are we right?
Speaker 5: So then you started to see see the saying, man, I don't even know what the identity is. Before this, we were like the identity of our offenses ball control, run the ball, be physical on offensive line, and protect our defense make sure they Now we don't know. So that's the worrisome part from me. You asked that question, didn't you.
Speaker 4: No, you did not. That was that was someone else. I was there, and I would just say that just to what you said about CD, he was upset, didn't want to do it, and his answers were short, and so I would I would say this week would probably be a better barometer of talking to CD Lamb and just seeing how he felt. But right then and there, he just how quick can I get this thing done and get on out of here.
Speaker 2: Because I'm I'm ticked off. So I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I did, I don't know, just like I don't know the next question, move on, let me get out of here.
Speaker 2: So there was a lot of frustration.
Speaker 3: That's how he said it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I like I said, I heard a lot of pride out there.
Speaker 4: Would you like talking about and you know it wasn't just the score indicative of the talent and then the CD I don't know what we are.
Speaker 2: And his whole thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was one question, dude, try to follow up and ask and he just looked that from it.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even ask, at what point do you want to?
Speaker 5: Hear a response from CD that was similar to I don't even know if Mark Coople do it in the media, but I know that jamar Ches just was asked a question and literally it was a message to who is his friend? Though of Joe Burrow of like, hey, bro, can get you see the questions that I'm getting asked, okay, throw me the ball, I'm open, and the response was what he retouchdown next week?
Speaker 3: Right? He goes justin field.
Speaker 2: Coaches A. J.
Speaker 5: Brown had a conversation with his quarterback on the sideline and then conversation and then and then what the result was?
Speaker 3: All right? Man?
Speaker 5: So like, at what point do you say, all right, it's okay to hear that, because that's the type of talk sometimes when you say okay, they falling apart, but then the next week you realize, oh no, that probably was the moment to where now they might become great.
Speaker 4: At that point, my fantasy team is all for cd AM getting twenty targets on Sunday this Monday night.
Speaker 3: You're starting never have it.
Speaker 4: He's lockdown between Lamb and kup Man. I'm doing things high scoring last week. Baby, We're ready, were ready after got two swift, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I just need to see.
Speaker 4: Let look, Mike can't lose this game. Mike can't lose this I mean, and you really don't need to win nineteen to twelve.
Speaker 2: Me you you fireworks. I mean, you're gonna have a home crowd. Okay, So it's gonna be a home crowd in LA.
Speaker 4: It's just how it is. The Chargers don't ever have It's like the Clippers. Everybody coming for the other team ain't coming for you. So you're gonna have a home crowd out there. It's Monday night. You saw what happened. Calimore is gone, Mike has to come out here to pure that's fireworks.
Speaker 3: Three and two.
Speaker 5: That's correct. Like when you like step back and you say, and you just look at it. You three and two right now, it sounds like it sounds like you wanted four, But.
Speaker 3: It's the Cowboys, you don't.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, well, you know, from a culture perspective, like whatever happens after this game, you look, you're gonna sit there, You're gonna say, a guys, we're foroing two. You're gonna say, hey, we three and three going into the Baye week, right versus like a guys, we wanted four man five right then.
Speaker 3: It's a little different. So for us it is yeah, man, you gotta win that.
Speaker 5: For them, it's like, hey man, we gotta just remember that this is just just one game and no matter what happens, more likely, whatever you set out at the beginning of the.
Speaker 3: Season to achieve. It's still going to be available for.
Speaker 4: You to get treating this man like he Brian Kelly, I mean, everybody out there, all life, I.
Speaker 3: Still got some sugar in the kool aid. Now, it's just not that much.
Speaker 5: You don't think his office is getting a little predictable, getting is. But but Barry, you're gonna be hey if I know who you're gonna pick. But if we come here in two weeks and like we get Peter Rod like it's bad, it's gonna be boy, it's taste of things gonna be on five.
Speaker 2: We got more confidence right now, Brian Kelly, Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Our defense at l s U is unlike anything I've ever seen in my entire life. Our offense outstanding, Jada Day absolutely outstanding quarterback. Our defense literally cannot stop anybody. And that's no exaggeration. Watch again, can't stop them at all.
Speaker 2: You guys ain't got nobody.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's the talent. I don't know what it is out there. Dude just out there just don't look the same. But when the expectation is what it is, and then you go up there, I know who were watching tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This ship door who they got.
Speaker 5: Stanford's the man we need to We're just trying to get bowl eligible, bro, that's it. We're trying to get bowl eligible. So we cut to the Cotton Bowl. Don't make me travel, don't make me travel.
Speaker 3: I will say this.
Speaker 4: And I was talking to Jaques Jacoby because he just wrote the book on Coach Prime that got released this week. I said, it's going to be very interesting of how many bowls are fighting over Colorado. Because just because you're slated somewhere doesn't necessarily mean you go. Yeah you could, you know, let's say your your bold tie ins and cheese It Bowl coming out the PAC twelve. But somebody else may want you. I remember the year TCU was slated to go to Las Vegas for the Vegas Bowl.
Speaker 3: Vegas Bowl, people like, yeah, we will want you.
Speaker 2: We want BYU because they travel, want people to.
Speaker 4: Vegas, and so they got bumped out of that and they ended up somewhere else.
Speaker 2: So people are going to be fighting to get.
Speaker 5: So he's gonna have the pick of where he wants to go, so he can go to take a cheese at bowl and blow it out. He'd like, for instance, the PACs got to tie into the Alamobile. The Alimobile people are going to do everything they can to they can figure out how can I get Colorado every whatever, all the bowld Tians they have, I'm just guaranteed right now they're going to try to fight and see how can we get.
Speaker 2: Colorado in there because they're going to be a draw.
Speaker 3: They need three more wins. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: You said gonna win three more games to be up for the national championship. We put CCU Off'll come on, I want somebody to get stumped.
Speaker 3: Come on, at least they're gonna free some fans. And what you do know is Colorado I'm not gonna have bubble sparks.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Some recent when you ran them out for the.
Speaker 5: Last Yeah, they got way everybody, we didn't have no bubble sports, but no, it was changed.
Speaker 4: I don't even know who's the homecomings coming up. I need to go check us see who's we had upgraded out with the bubbles. Did it on the ground last time? But at homeboy, so we'll see, all right, Sandy mccraid, Well, wow, I was there. They the young kids didn't know you understudents didn't know.
Speaker 3: It's cold world here. It's very church. I knew.
Speaker 4: He scrutched media mash coming your way here fifty minutes on Dallas Cowboys
Speaker 1: That this has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club