Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the Old Republic, a sole fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto cutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mallor and Danny g Radio. Happy Saturday to you. We're hanging out on the seventh day of December, a wonderful, glorious day, very important day. We'll tell you why later. As we're hanging out and I gotta tell you day. I am fascinated by this crime mystery in New York. I've been clicking refreshed on this and so far they haven't caught this guy. The assassination in midtown Manhattan murder, a wild true crime mystery that happened a few days ago. And the assassin who just walked up on a on I think it was Sixth Avenue in Manhattan and knocked off this guy who was running an insurance company. It's a wild story. Everything's on video and the the hunt to find this guy. I've been watching this and keeping an eye on it every day. It's been a wacky, wacky, wacky story here. Yeah, and I didn't really you know, I know insurance companies are terrible in general. I know from my parents getting sick and dying and having to deal with them, what assholes they are and how they really it really is criminal the insurance companies in general. But you shouldn't be killing people there. There should be ways.
Speaker 3: To obviously to take the workplace back.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but it is amusing. You might want to do some self reflection. If you're in the insurance business and somebody gets assassinated and the general public is cheering on the assassin, that generally that tells you you might be doing something wrong with your business. You might want to reevaluate your business. When the general rank and file like, yeah, we kind of liked that guy that did the killing, that that should tell you maybe you've you fucked up somehow. You know, I'm just saying, Danny, I just yeah. The other thing about this is the assassin guy, Danny, the guy that did the killing. They have video of him, and there's one clip of him with his mask off, and it's because he was trying to hit on a girl at a like a hostel or whatever it's called there.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, the photo, the still photo. I thought the past couple of days blown up. If we can't find this guy, then we just don't want to find him.
Speaker 1: Well that but but it's like all the things. The guy, you know, he's gonna get caught at some point. They probably know who he is already, you know, I don't know. It's early on Saturday. Maybe it'll catch him today. Maybe they caught him overnight, who knows. I haven't seen it if it's happened yet. But either way though, Danny, I mean of all the things because of that, because you know, he's hitting on some chick at it, you know, it's trying to you know, get a date, and he is taking his mask off.
Speaker 3: Of course it would be a girl. Yeah, as Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince once famously wrapped back in the eighties, Girls of the World ain't nothing but trouble.
Speaker 1: It's just just outstanding. That part of it's just absolutely, absolutely hilarious. And then the other one that I've been following and talked about it obviously on the show, because it really fit to show the the hawk tour girl who has been accused of a crypto scam and there's all kinds of lawsuits and there. You know, people on the internet are saying it's a pump and dump and the whole deal.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's oh, she stepped in it, all right. Yeah, what a what a wild year it's been for that woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she does a blowjob joke on the you know, on the street, and she becomes a millionaire. That's pretty crazy, man, I.
Speaker 3: Can'eat with a successful podcast following.
Speaker 1: Who's listening to that? I've never met anyone listening. Do you know anyone listen to that?
Speaker 3: I don't know. But I saw that she had really good numbers. You know, this was a couple of months ago. I read about the numbers for the podcast. I don't know, how is it that has changed. I could tell you what the numbers will change now, probably.
Speaker 1: But how how is that even possible? I don't under who is this real?
Speaker 3: It was because a big podcast company hired her, produced the show, put lots of neon lights around her, and then stuck her with some really good guests, and they were able to sell it and market the podcast immediately.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I'm always a little skeptical of things like that because, like you know, I don't know, maybe she's a brilliant woman and she's got a lot going for.
Speaker 3: Well, it also helped that she gave away blow jobs to a lucky one hundred podcast listener.
Speaker 1: Well, that would encourage the dudes to listen, I would think. But anyway, so I saw that I was keeping an eye on that and the pump and dump situation. Wow, I don't know if that's it or not. I just saw that it was valuation. It was at five hundred million, the crypto thing on blockchain, and then within moments it dropped below like sixty or fifty million. I mean, we lost like four hundred plus million dollars in value, which is wa Wait anyway.
Speaker 3: How about one last thing? The US Air Force saying that that unexplained drone sighting near the UK, that's what they're calling it. Other people are calling it a UFO sighting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be there, We're not sure.
Speaker 3: The way it was moving I saw the video. The way it was moving around, it does not look like a drone. There's like an apol person beside it and another one inside, and it has big guys that're looking at us.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be a great way to close out the year, like, Hey, here's what we got and there's a little goblin things they don't even goblin.
Speaker 3: So what happens first in our country? Ben Hawkta girl becomes president of the United States, or we find out that UFOs are real.
Speaker 1: Hey, Trump can only be president for four more years, so after that it's wide open. I'm ready for hawk toa president Hawkta All right. On this podcast, we got who Let the Dogs Out? Thirty one emails, pass over, a bunch of other nonsense, but we'll start with this. So this the other day, I have Tales of the Handyman, and a previous episode of this podcast, we talked about the fact that you have a guy that helps us out at the house, does some work around the house, does a really good job. It doesn't always follow the proper decor, the etiquette, the rules.
Speaker 3: Shout yeah, you're talking about the white painter racist.
Speaker 1: Yes, the man that before friends giving up the whole gallon of paint directly bullseye right in the middle of the kitchen and it splattered everywhere, just went all over, all over the place. So we had that. And this this past week he was finishing up some work that he didn't do because he dropped the paint and all that. And he works the way this this was I sleep during the day. My wife usually works at night too, so she's sleeping during the day. She works at night. So she said, was sure today, and so the guy, I'll come over and do the work while we're sleeping, right, And so we have Moxie and Luigi. So normally he'll put Moxie and Luigi out in the back and then that way they don't bother him, and they're in the back and they're getting some outside time and it's all good. So the other day got up late afternoon like normal, went down, he was finishing up the work and I remember coming in my friend, Wow, the dogs are really quiet. Normally they're barking.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe box.
Speaker 1: He's been great, and so I, uh, I went outside to to see see the dogs and they were they were not there. So I came back in and I my wife was there and the in the handyman and they said, wow, I mean, you know where the dogs are they're not, They're not in the backyard. And the handyman doesn't say anything. He just sprints out the door and gets in his car, and he he had, without saying anything, he had implied that he, uh, who let the dogs out? He had let the dogs out, and the gate on the side of the house had been been opened, so that, you know, it was a straight shot. So then I, of course I jump in the car, right, and I'm like, all right, well, we got to get to the bottom of this, and so we got to find the dogs. I he didn't say, hey, I had the dog.
Speaker 3: So he rushed to his car to go look for them.
Speaker 1: Yes, without saying that was what he was doing. He just walked out and like panicked and got in his car and was driving around. Right, So then I got my car and I'm driving around assuming that you know, he's obviously that why else would you do that? You felt guilt because you left the gate open, the dogs got out, and who knows how many hours they've been out, And so we're driving around, right, We're driving My wife's freaking out. She's you know, calling the pound or whatever is maybe somebody found him. So we're driving around we're driving around, probably thirty forty minutes. We're driving around no luck, right, No, we're asking people, of course my wife is I'm not. But we're passing by people on the street, Hey you see these dog whatever. So we get back to the house and we're like, oh, we're all depressed, like, oh crap and uh. And the handyman a short time later he pulls back up. He's been driving around for forty forty five minutes, and he then had an epiphany. He had realized that, unlike normal, he had put the dogs in a garage in the in the in the garage. What oh, yeah, so I spent forty five if I spent about forty minutes driving around trying to find dogs that were at the house, just in a different room.
Speaker 3: How old is this guy? Is he having memory loss?
Speaker 1: Well, he's actually much younger than I am. I think he might be dabbling in the you know, the pharmaceuticals. I don't know what's going on. I don't know, but it was like the cop. Yes, yes, smoked every day, you smoked good joints in the morning, you smoked good joints tonight. He must have that really good stuff. I'd never say an night. He didn't say anything. He just like walked out in front of the house and got in his car and started driving around with his head out the window like he was looking for dogs. So then we did it. You know, he didn't say, hey, you should do it. We just did it, and you know, sure enough, everything was fine. And then my wife had to go to the neighbors. We found the dogs. Where were they in the house? So it was it was interesting. It was an interesting, interesting day. And I got back. I didn't have that many emails. I don't normally open most of my email I have right now. If you go to my email page, let me see how many emails I have. I have seventy one thousand unread emails. At one point I had At one point I had over one hundred thousand. So I have chopped off thirty thousand emails. But I have seven one hundred, three hundred and sixty seventy seventy one thousand, three hundred sixty five emails I have not read. Almost all of those are from pr people back when I ran my website. I also get a lot of random who sends me. The teams in LA send me a lot of stuff I get, like NASCAR emails and stuff I don't even bother them. Oh's got you don't cover NASCAR anymore. But when I had the website and all that, but thirty one emails, that's a lot of emails, new emails in one day. That's a that's a fair amount of emails.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is an email thread. I'm going to explain to you an email from the PR director and the personal manager. They're emailing me together answering an email from a month ago, and then a month before that, I had sent an email. A month before that, I had sent several emails. This was all related to Mike Tyson's fight versus Jake Paul. As you know, on the CNR show here and there, it's not every week, but it's a staple on the show. We do Iron Mike Trivia because Covino does a really good Mike Tyson impersonation. Yeah. So it's a game. It's a trivia boxing trivia game that we do where we have the broke Mike Tyson in the studio with us reading the trivia questions about himself and the world of boxing. We have a listener on the line. They can win a prize.
Speaker 1: This is unfathomable, This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It's been going on for a couple of years now on the show, a lot of fun. And so when Mike Tyson and Jake Paul were trying to get the hype train going for their fight, I reached out to Tyson's team and I said, hey, I know that back in the serious XM radio days, Mike Tyson sat down with the guys a couple of different times. How about him coming on the show right now, He's a big part of our show. The guys are talking about the fight a lot. You know, let's book it. So his manager, Ben emailed me back and said, yep, familiar with the guys, I know him, well, love the show. Let's make it happen. Boom goes to Dynamite. Yeah, got this booking, and you know, it took a few emails, but I got it done. And then, as you know in the world of this Ben, what happens sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well you know, if people get busy, Danny and yeah, yeah, age their mind and.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and you get Brian Billick.
Speaker 1: Brian Billich, Brian Billick.
Speaker 3: He's a verb now in our world.
Speaker 1: The run around, the run around, yeah.
Speaker 3: I kept sending them emails, and this is the key to producing and being a good producer. Don't ever get frustrated. Always smile and send happy, you know, emails and text messages to these people, hoping it's going to come back around. And in this case, it did because that email on Monday morning said, you know what, Danny, We're going to make that interview Happenoo. Now it's post fight, but still a lot of people have questions about what happened in that fight? Was it rigged? Why did it stink the way it did? As Covino, I'm looking at Covino's list of questions that he wrote down that a couple of these he wants to ask Mike. He wrote, not many men could break the internet with their butt cheeks, but you did. How did that feel?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh yeah, yeah, everyone was talking about they weren't even talking about there was talking about bad the fight was, but that was that got more attention in the fight itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Covino's next sample question here for the naysayers, how come you weren't able to pull the trigger on some of those right hooks? So you know, hey, the guys were excited when they heard that Tyson was going to come on the show. I am now running around talking to not only his PR lady in New York, but his personal PR guy who walks around with him, and his personal manager. So I'm dealing with three different people on his team. Back and forth, been back and forth, and she said, you got to send me those sample questions.
Speaker 1: You had to send the the What's up with that?
Speaker 3: I know, right?
Speaker 1: So after they say have to approve the questions, is that what they're.
Speaker 3: Going to do. She didn't word it like that, but she wanted an idea of some of the questions that the guys would use.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I counted the thread thirty one emails. Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact they're going to have the champ Iron Mike Tyson come on the radio show. Yeah, but they sent me a list of questions and you'll like this, she wrote, Danny, appreciate you sending these sample questions through. I passed these by Mike's personal publicist, and we'd really appreciate it if we could focus on the below for the interview, as Mike wouldn't be so keen to discuss some of the previous topics.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And I haven't discussed this with CNR yet. I wanted them to just kind of get into the weekend, breathe a little bit, and then Monday morning, I'm gonna have to address this, which is gonna suck. But I think what they should do, and maybe this is how you would handle it as well. Maybe ask one of their questions and then ask one of your questions and kind of rotate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Dan, listen, I mean, I'm at the point now in my career. I've had to deal with this in the past. I I'm out. If you have to approve, you have a team of PR people to approve questions. It's not worth my time. That's just how I look at it, because I've done those interviews in the past, and it just seems, is it Kamala Harris the you know, is it like the vice president before? Yeah, the question, I mean, it just seems I don't know. I mean, and you do it, and Mike Tyson's a big name and it would be a great get and all that stuff. But my position, I guess I'm too jaded at this point now, and I I just don't want to deal with the bull crap. And so it's like, if you're that afraid to talk, like, why are you even doing an interview if you can't just answer anything? And Mike Tyson's done enough interviews, and any of these celebrities that do these that have that many PR people. My position has always been, it's really not that hard to not answer a question. Like, if you're a skilled person at communication, it's very simple to change the questions, say, don't even ask a question, you know what I mean, Dan, I mean, we do it all the time. If somebody asks you a question you don't like, you deflect and you you answer something totally different, or you ask yourself a question. So why would anyone that's just my thing? I mean, I like what I know, PR people that get paid a lot of money. I'm sure Tyson's got you know, he's got tons of money from the weed business and all that. But it's like, what are you doing, Like you should be Mike Tyson's older than we are. You should be able to deflect. And it's like in boxing, you've got a bob and weave, right, you've got a bob and weave and good defense.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and to be honest, Covino's questions were not out of line. I read you just a couple of him. He's got a couple more asking about that Saudi Arabia money rumor for eight hundred million dollars for rematch and stuff like that. I think what the guys are going to tell me on Monday morning is screw it. We're going to do it the way we want to do it. And yeah, we'll promote Tyson two point zero, we'll promote his website for him whatever. You know, that's fun. That's normal to promote somebody's you know, business while they're on the radio. Yeah, but they're going to ask the questions they want to ask. And if she tries to pull the plug on the interview while it's going on, I don't know, maybe it'll make it even better. Because if Mike Tyson walks out on CNR, then maybe that's an even better interview.
Speaker 1: Oh, it would be good publicity. Sure, if you know, and then if see that happened, it was my show and that happened, I would then proceed to read all the questions that Mike would not answer.
Speaker 3: You know, that's that's my bat And Bo'm glad you said that Ben, because you just gave me a really good backup plan, I explained to Iron Mike Trivia, we do I could have Rich read the remaining questions and have Covino answer them as Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, that's the way I would I would approach it. But again, I mean, we've been around a while, Danny, and I'm at the point now and I've dealt with that. Unfortunately, at night, we don't do interviews and stuff, and we used to do more on this podcast, but now I just kind of put people on that I like and people that I know a little bit generally, and every almost all have people that I don't know on the podcast. But that's that's just like, hey, if you if you're that guarded, you know you're not You're not hiding the nuclear secrets here, Mike Tyson, Dude, I mean, you know what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: I don't you know. He'll I think he'll be into it, Ben, because he's hung out with them on the radio before and he really liked them, and they have really good drops from him that they've always played on the air, so they have a little bit of a relationship with him. It's the handlers who seem too overbearing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, are they going to be the monitoring it? And all of a sudden you ask the wrong question and the zoom cuts out, all of a sudden, It's this is shame for most. Today is just you know, random Saturday in December. As we said, the seventh day of the month. You already know that. But why is this night different from all other nights? Well, it's kind of passover, like that's on all other nights. I normally don't invite my friends and co workers into the Malor Mansion, but on this night, the lucky few who got the invite are more than what. The twenty twenty four Malor Ugly Sweater Party, the social event of the Sports Radio calendar, is upon us tonight, and oh what fun it is. It is a massive day eat, drink and be merry, and based on the RSVPs as of this morning, this is gonna be the biggest Ugly Sweater party we have ever hosted here in the north Woods. And so we'll see who actually shows up. I usually there's a bunch of people at the last but I can't make it. My car broke down, you know, my dog ate, my homework, all that stuff, but we'll see hopefully a lot of people I always invite. I've talked about this in the years past, but I always invite people that are work friends. I did a rant on the monologue the other night. I was ranting about Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson, and Justin Jefferson had stated since Cousins went to the Falcons, they've not had one conversation. Some people were taken aback by that, and I said, well, those are work friends, their colleagues, and when your work friends are not real friends, you know, just work friends, and then when you stop working with someone, that's it. But I generally made it a point to talk to invite people, and most of them don't show up, which means they're really not even my work friends. They don't like me at all, which is fine. I'm fine with it, but I like them.
Speaker 3: I don't think you could look at it exactly like that. If you lived closer to the studios, then I think you would see certain faces you don't see right now.
Speaker 1: No, but I've always you know, I've made it a point I've driven very far. I've always say, you know, if it's important enough. My philosophy on life is like, if something's important enough, you're gonna find a way to make it, and if not, you won't and you'll find some other reasons. But uh, and most you know, there's a lot of people that do come every year and whatnot, so what but were the point is?
Speaker 3: We have a great.
Speaker 1: Crowd tonight, A lot of people, A lot of the old work people not so much.
Speaker 3: Some of them.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna stop inviting because they never show up. So what's the point. But I know Adie's gonna be there, which is great. I'm gonna lie man.
Speaker 3: See, I have fomo already because, as I messaged your lovely wife, we need code to get to the age to where he's off the booby. Yeah he's no longer breastfeeding. That way we can have him, you know, babysat at night and go to sleep without him being attached to his mom's boob.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know it sucks though, because Brenda tried going somewhere on Wednesday night and I told her, don't worry about it. It's you know, it was with their co workers. It was for their holiday stuff. And I said, I got CoA. When you get back, he can have the boob and he'll go to sleep happy. When he was here with me, Bennett was great for the first two hours. By hour three he wanted to go to sleep and he wanted you know what, Yeah, and he freaked the f out. He was screaming. He is so addicted to the boob.
Speaker 1: No I hear it? Well, yeah, I can, let Brendan. I mean, no one's gonna be in my studio, so if you guys mind, but no, Eddie's gonna be there. I know Bulbo on the radio, who still I think does some work for the coming I don't know if he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he works upstairs on the fifth floor.
Speaker 1: He's going to be there. Several other people you don't know Danny that used to work with are going to be there, and a lot of my wife's co workers from the police station will be there, so it'll be a good mix of people. I'm looking forward to it. And we're gonna have a lot of alcohol, you know, I'm bacon a lot of cookies and desserts and things like that, so we'll have a lot of food and good times and it's a fun, fun night. I will be dressed a little differently than normal a little differently than normal at Tonight's Ugly Sweater Party. So Looney's going to be there, so I know Lorraine is excited. She's never met Looney from the TV show Benny Versus the Penny stuff. So he'll be gracing us with a brief appearance and then likely leave. He'll claim I have to go because I have to do the news at KBC and all that stuff. So he'll make a quick appearance and whatnot. But it's the Ugly Sweater Party year. I don't know how many years. We stopped during COVID for a couple of years, but I've done it for a long time and it's always a lot of fun to catch up with people, some of I only see once a year. I think Futterman's gonna be there. I love Steve Futterman. What a great radio reporter. The guy just doesn't shut up, talks way too much.
Speaker 3: But do you remember the record I set for Ugly Sweat Better parties in a row A different.
Speaker 1: Oh the yeah, Yes, that's my arm. That's right. Well, yes, you were making you, I do recall. I know you never know who Danny was gonna rime. Now you're locked in you've got the lifetime contract and all that. I did want to mention the we normally do the word of the week or the phrase of the week. We had a phrase yesterday, an eightium of the week. Today it's the.
Speaker 2: Word of the year, the word of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is from this is a few days ago. But you know it's new to us. Oxford, the Oxford Dictionary people had the announced because the and it's December, end of the year. They have announced the word of the year for twenty twenty four. Do you see this? Did you guys talk about this on Cavino and Rich Danny?
Speaker 3: No, this didn't come up.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, good. The word of the year, according to Oxford Dictionaries for the year twenty twenty four, is brain rot. Brain rot is the year that which is But it's two words, brain rot. That's two words.
Speaker 3: It's not what I would have thought if it was two words, I thought it would be skibbitty riz.
Speaker 1: No, it's brain watt brain brain rot. Oxford University Press. They said the phrase gained new prominence in twenty twenty four. Its frequency of use increased two hundred and thirty percent from the year before, and the definition of brain rot rather obvious, the deterioration of a person's mental or intellectual state, especially viewed as in the result of over consumption of material online content considered to be trivial or unschallenged. Ring brain rot, Okay, that's fine. The other words that were in the running year going to Oxford the people keep track of this stuff you had. The other finalists were demurror, slopdynamic pricing. I like that one. Dynamic pricing, what a scam? Uh, romancey and lore those are the other finalists for the word of the Year.
Speaker 3: But romancy is that kind of like how we say scientifical.
Speaker 1: I guess, I don't know. This is a romancey Uh literary fiction. I don't know. I click the link here and I don't know. It doesn't really explain much about it. But r O M A N T A s y Romancy.
Speaker 3: Well, I think tonight the Ugly Sweater party, some people are going to get nice and romancy, probably from you in your bathroom.
Speaker 1: Probably, I hope not, but at least wait till you get to your car or something like that. You know, please don't sully the malor mansion. But my god, these clean up after yourself if you do, if you do do such.
Speaker 3: Things, Yeah, only do drugs in the malar bathroom or the backyard.
Speaker 1: Many have done that in the in the backyard for sure. All right, we'll get out on that. Danny's Saturday. I got the party tonight. You got anything going on? You want to promote here for Saturday? Not college from no man.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I'm gonna sit here wishing that Cola was a little bit older. But at least I know that I'll be able to make holiday parties next holiday season. So in twenty twenty five, look out, because I'll put my dinner jacket back on.
Speaker 1: Com Maybe still might want the move next year.
Speaker 3: You never know. No, he needs to be weaned off of this thing in the next couple of months.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you. Anyway, have a wonderful rest of your Saturday. I know it's a few college football games, the championship games of college football today around the country and all that. I will not be watching many of those. And in years past they didn't really watch many of those college conference championship games. But now with everything's gone on and all, it's like with twelve teams getting the playoffs. There's even less reason to watch the conference championship games. And we have a one wonderful, wonderful Saturday here. We'll have the mail bag on Sunday. Will catch you then later. Skater by Felation