Speaker 1: If you have friends that are always talking shit about everyone else, and this isn't like a ben in your gossiping unless you really know that person, be careful they're not also talking about you.
Speaker 2: Calm down with Erin and Carissa is a production of Iheartradioday.
Speaker 3: Guys, Welcome to the Premium Week eighteen is.
Speaker 2: I'm having a little recharge. In a minute, I'm doing a little nad Vitamin IV. Get me going, Get me going.
Speaker 3: I'm so jellius.
Speaker 2: All that I'm gonna we'll do for super Bowl dubefore super Bowl will be off, like like we drank fifty coffees.
Speaker 1: I'm started by my dry January, which is one day a week drinking. Try that in Vegas, dude, Hi, I'm going to tell you what I'm not going to try anymore. Baker Mayfield. This is the public and public apology to you.
Speaker 3: I gotta stop.
Speaker 2: Enough is enough for Kin Three five days ago, I'm out. Oh I went to a King's game. My girlfriends are there. They're like, your skin looks great. You look great. I was like, oh, thanks, I'm so tired. Night before I leave to go to Tampa. Do the sit down with Baker Mayfield. Do Week eighteen game, going through my stuff, packing it up, I'm like, huh, some retinal. I'm gonna put it on, slather it on, go to bed, get on a plane. I'm like, what what just happened? Everything affects my skin. I think I'm trying to be preventative. Instead, I create an entire situation. I'm sitting down with Baker. I already talked to you. Left side has swollen, got a big this one, already got it injected today. Great trying to, you know, like do shit with my mouth. Can't shine and smile so you can't see it. Sunday postgame, I got fucking brail all over my face right here.
Speaker 3: I already got it injected.
Speaker 2: It's like I wanted to take the whole side of my hair and just say, hey, Bake, congratulations on clinching the division.
Speaker 3: And being in the playoffs. Is that a beard? No, I just got a beard. Okay, here's here's what we're going to do.
Speaker 1: Because somehow, the fact that I stop giving you advice on this is a It's a universe shift. Because I've been the queen of trying things and picking things and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: You're not going to try.
Speaker 1: Anything, no more, no more now until super Bowl. Okay, there's no like I got no it's a celebrity tested, no nothing. You were going to keep it simple, sound against yourself. Okay, but it's like this wasn't some bullshit on Instagram. This was like I guess shit, I get it. I think that there should be a less is more situation because what I've learned in my skin getting better is and it's not. I mean, I told Joe was talking to you the other day when I had to go back to the dermatologist to pull stuff out.
Speaker 3: But less is more, We're going to just not try new. Sorry, Baker. Congrats on the wind.
Speaker 1: Congratulations you and my chemist. We need to talk about that for a second. I understand it was awesome that. Okay, we'll get into the pregame for a second. But this is the end of week eighteen. The playoff picture is set. You should have seen me stray. I love the whole Okay, cool set up here. Aaron obviously is working the game. I'm in studio, but I'm up above like I'm almost like in the think of a house.
Speaker 3: I'm in an attic.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the boys are down on the main floor. I'm up in the attic, but you can hear them because it's like an open studio thing. So you set it up, you set it up, and then I'll give you our reaction. So Baker Mayfield has to get Mike.
Speaker 2: Eighty five yards to tye Jerry Rice's record for eleven consecutive one thousand receiving yard season.
Speaker 3: Like it's insane and it's.
Speaker 2: Like a whole build up, but it also really interesting going into our game. We should ask Dean about this. We're gonna have Dean Blandino on the Big Show. He's great, love him.
Speaker 1: Alive, rules expert for Fox College and for the NFL, travels with Aaron's crew, also with me on studio.
Speaker 3: He's a time a time.
Speaker 2: So we were talking to a couple of people before the game and they were just saying, how, look, you want to win the game, you want to get into the playoffs. But this is weighing on everybody. It's a record, it's three million dollars. Mike is a future Hall of Famer, Like, you just want to get it done for him. So anyways, Bucks are down in this game. They are struggling first half, they barely had the ball. Second half, they finally get some possessions, they finally get it going. They go on this crazy drive that Baker ignites. It great runs, great throws, and it's like, holy shit, if.
Speaker 3: They get it to Mike.
Speaker 2: I think he needed five yards or something at that time, Like if they own into Mike four or five right and it will get it to Yeah, get it to Mike. And it didn't. He was being I think he was being doubled or covered somehow. They did a different play to Bucky Irving. So I was like, ah shit. So I was on the sidelines where the guys are walking off. Mike walked off first, and they're all like Tristan Wurf's is like looking at him like fuck.
Speaker 3: Because it's the end of the game, you guys.
Speaker 1: So the Saints get the ball back and you're like, oh, they're you know, they're going to try to win because the Saints are down, so they're actually going to there. You know, they didn't take knee, they didn't let you know, after the Tuman warning whatever, they actually the blessing and the this case was that they were down because they have to try to go score. So then they go three and out or whatever it was, and the Bucks get the ball back.
Speaker 3: There's time. So now we're instating like there's time, there's time.
Speaker 1: And like Stray's yelling like straight when Stray gets like really excited about something, it's like.
Speaker 3: And then Terry's yelling. I heard Gronk going all hyped.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, of course, and it was so fucking awesome because that play doesn't get on the first one is like a running play in the first one, and then you're also afraid you don't want like him to get hurt, right, Yeah, it's like what are we risking out there? So we're like, is he going to go for it? And then he fucking gets the eight yard reception and we lose it. We're like pounding on the tables, and I think that, you know, And for Gronk, he was just saying like he's one of the nicest people on and off the field, one of the best teammates, and just that reaction and you being there, I was so excited just to like, yeah, I was so happy for him, good for you.
Speaker 3: I just walked off and it.
Speaker 2: Was like, no come back, and you like, but it was pretty fucking cool. Like what about asked me of like, just walk on, literally a walk off. Yeah he did because Sarah, your friend, Sarah Walsh and I are standing there because we wanted to interview him with Baker, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, no, no, and most importantly yes, I know the individual wards are great, but every guy will tell you the most. But they had to win in order to get into the postseason. So I'm so excited, as are you. We have our post uh season assignments. I'm headed to Baltimore for my Saturday wildcard game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, who have been reeling. They've lost four straight. It's a division rivalry game that it doesn't matter what has happened to this point. The slate starts over. Everyone is oh and O the band's those in their mind. I'm gonna look, you have an awesome game. You are doing the Eagles Packers game, and forge really unfortunate news for poor Christian Watson. They determined some a cl Chrissa, you're gonna have snow What time's your game night?
Speaker 3: You got snow?
Speaker 1: Hi's okay to come that because fun, Okay, I need to come borrow a jacket.
Speaker 3: But where that where the suit? I had?
Speaker 2: That thing's cool brand new you got another one. Yeah, we got two sizes in case you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean. Oh wow, look at this gal always prepared.
Speaker 1: I'm alway closer and she's like, I've got this size or this size or this color. Stop my colors a blush and mass special. But yeah, we've got great games. I'm so excited for the postseason at that. Okay, pre game. Here we go, Megan for camp. Does it matter what college you attend in terms of how far you get in sports broadcasting?
Speaker 3: No, no, and no. Aaron and I took very different pass that way.
Speaker 1: You are a broadcasting major at the University of Florida, which is an incredible broadcasting school. I went to the University of California, Santa Barbara. There's not even a broadcasting program, it's communications. I did internships. From my experience and Aaron, but you had aunts you had like in school broad like you had a TV station, didn't you?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: But we talked about it with Dean, which is going to come out this Thursday in the Big Show. It's it's like it's a lot about who you know and making connections and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did have experience, but.
Speaker 2: Also my dad was in the industry, Like, yeah, I got my first internship because of my dad, you know, And I got my first job because of my dad in the Tampa Bay area. And then Leslie Visser, Hall of Fame broadcaster said this to me, it doesn't matter how you get in, it matters how you stay.
Speaker 3: And it's so true all the time.
Speaker 1: That's a similar e spresson where it's like it doesn't matter, like as long as the doors open, as your job to then keep it open. Yeah, I mean I started in human resources with that story has been documented. I then became a production assistant. So I think there's many different ways to get into the industry that you want to get into. Don't put too much stock in the school. I mean, I'm sure that maybe if you went to you know, like you said, like having broadcasting backgrounds helpful, but don't think that it's a must have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, Anonymous, I love this. By the way, weekend ski trip with boy. I've never been on a date with mutual friend and he's a great guy. That sounds terrifying to me. Now are there other people coming because.
Speaker 1: They are what this sounds right at my alley like something that's just like random and impulsive and spontaneous is how you did it. So yeah, and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. Ski trip worked out for me. What I really didn't know that yelling stands on your shout.
Speaker 3: I love it. We can skate you with boy. I've never been on a date with mutual friend. He's good guy. I mean the.
Speaker 2: Time, why not have a time. I'm always worried about the bathroom situation, though you know there's ways around that.
Speaker 1: True, Go get yourself a coffee, go to the restaurant, go somewhere outside the house, make some calls, make some calls. Yeah, but tell us when you uh, when this actually happens. We need an anonymous follow up. You have an anonymous follow up today, which I'm excited to share later on, and stay tuned for that. Okay, in the meantime until we get there, Lynn's sw love how you two are hype women for each other. Tips on making close girlfriends in late twenties, Lin's Here's what I'm going to tell you. It is not quadity, it is quality, So you I think depending on I mean, Aaron and I have gotten very close over the years. I think a lot of that is the fact that we are very similar in personality.
Speaker 3: If I did, you know, we're very different but the same.
Speaker 1: I think that doing the same job is also something that brings us very close.
Speaker 3: We've been to each other about that.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people shared similar experiences in trauma.
Speaker 3: I think also have brought Aaron and I very close.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if there's if I have any tips on how to make girlfriends. I don't think you should try to go make I think you know, you feel similar to when you meet a guy, like a chemistry're like you connect with someone, shared interests and things like that. But I would just say for you, if you're looking to like have closer girlfriend relationships, is there the same as any relationship, you have to put work in. You have to like, you know, check in on your girlfriends and not just think like it's a one way street.
Speaker 3: It would be my.
Speaker 1: Thing and my relationship with Let me summarize this, My relationship with my girlfriends now are some of my most valuable relationships and most treasured relationships. And they don't even feel like friendships. They feel like family. So I don't know if that's a tip, but just.
Speaker 3: I feel like you can read out the bullshit a lot more in your forties versus your twenties. Yep.
Speaker 2: I just think that's a big one too, But I don't know. I also feel like the friends you have in your twenties sometimes aren't the friends you have in your forties.
Speaker 3: It's just because you.
Speaker 2: Change, you evolve, you get married, you have babies, you don't. It's just like your job takes a different path. It's funny going back to Tampa this weekend, he saw a lot of people I knew in my twenties and I'm not friends with him anymore. Not in a bad way, but yeah, just my life took a different path a lot of people I was in my twenties either.
Speaker 1: I will say this word of caution because in hindsight I look back, careful of the friends in your twenties. If you have friends, or this could be any age. Actually, if you have friends that are always talking shit about everyone else, and this isn't like a ben in your gossiping unless you really know that person, be careful they're not also talking shit about you. I always think about that where I'm like, wait, if you're talking about everyone else, like what do you unless you're really close, you know what I mean, Like unless you're like best friends with something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That just always kind of stands out to me, Like if you get that talking to someone and they never defend someone or they never like, I actually like that person, she's a nice person, Like if they're just always like, yeah, she's a bitch, she's that, It's like, are they just saying that to go along with you?
Speaker 3: Like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like I can get tricky when you're younger because people want to just be liked by everyone.
Speaker 3: Hern Dog twelve. That sounds like what I would say, curn Dog twelve.
Speaker 2: How do I get unstuck in a rut physically, emotionally, financially. I feel like I was like that I talked about it on this Yeah, I'm going to say this. This is so stupid. This alters my mood all the fucking time. Go get active, Go get outside, get out of your house, get out of where you are. I mean today I had four hours sleep. I feel like dog crap. But I mean myself, go to a class and the girl in my class are so nice.
Speaker 3: Like tomorrow we're going to.
Speaker 2: Celebrate Katie being GM at Berry's for six years and I don't know those people, and I just love the sense of community.
Speaker 3: You know, Oh I'm good, No, but it was just great.
Speaker 2: And I'm fucking tired and I could barely put my treadmill past anything.
Speaker 3: And I got my people there and Haley, my upper arms instructor, my arms and ABS instructor today works for the Chargers, and she just had to tell me she was fangirling and loves what we do on Calm Down and in life.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know what, Thank god, I got the fuck out of my house today, and like I just feel capper. I just feel like, get active, get the sunshine on you, and if it's dark where you are, go to a fucking yoga class.
Speaker 3: I can move.
Speaker 1: No advice and I love that that well, that your natural endorphins, your serotonin.
Speaker 3: All of that stuff.
Speaker 1: For me, it's always make your bed in the morning, take a shower, take a shower sitting in your pajamas and you're sitting in your sweats and you're on your couch and you're just like, uh, just get up, go take a shower, make your bed, clean up around your house, and then like that will like ignite something where or if it's even to Aaron's point, if you don't feel like working out at least just get in your car, take a drive, go get some coffee, just get out of your normal thing. From a financial standpoint, make a plan. I feel better when I feel overwhelmed about things if I put it down on paper, and that can be the emotional side.
Speaker 3: You can journal.
Speaker 1: I never journal because I'm always afraid someone's gonna find it. So I'm like, I've done this, I've written things now because I need to get it out. A big believer of like, don't keep it in so write it down and then I wrap up all the papers, like because I'm like, I don't want anyways it cremating a fire. Yeah, it's like I watched these Daylins and like we found our diary and I'm like, who has a diary? I mean, who wants to keep that in writing? So write it down, rip it up, throw it away and then also just you know, just get out of I don't want.
Speaker 3: To say it out. Ye, that's what you're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Just move yeah, keep it moving, keep it moving. Ethan eight nine to one. What new skills or hobbies would you try if you had time. Well, Ethan eight nine to one Steve. For Christmas, we made a point to not We didn't want to spend a lot of money because we're spending with the ranch, we're doing all these other things. So I said nothing over one thousand dollars. So I got him golf lessons and he bought me a new golf bag, and we're going to make golfing like of a thing in our lives, so we can do that together. I really want to get good. I feel like I've got a great We've been to the driving range. We've got we both have. I think if I do so myself, we've got great swings. I just need to perfect my day range game. I don't work on my irons very much. So that's a hobby that I really want to put some effort behind.
Speaker 3: And I'll do it in the off season. What about you.
Speaker 2: I love that I would like to get good at pickleball or maybe tennis. I would like tennis or pickleball.
Speaker 3: Legs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, the d legs A good sense of community. You know this one in the community. Oh my god, she's a real pillar in the community.
Speaker 1: Is Jared still serving working for the mayor came at that town hall, remember when he had the whole thing up on the sticking out for our neighborhood. God, I love you guys. Next Taylor ma home. Sorry, where do you use your what is it? Mahon mahone?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just was laughing at the way you said it. Where do you use your maiden name versus married last name? Getting married this year and would love to keep my maiden name at work, but want to change my last name and other elements at life. I don't use my married name. I kind of had said once Mackie doodle Do arrived and he understood I was probably going to change. But as cheesy as it sounds, I'm not going to change my name for television.
Speaker 3: It's just you. Are you actually Aaron Stole? No, I'm Aaron Andrews.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. But on your marriage license it doesn't say Aaron Andrews Stole.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if the two times I did it, I never changed my name gas. I just think, what a pain in the ass. That's the other thing, the paperwork. I fucking I don't want to deal with that. I want to renew my own license. Mackey doodle do all do it? But at work I want like it? Just so, what do you mean by that? What I'm not going to be like let's send it down to Aaron Stole. I'm just not I'm Aaron. I mean, like, what do you mean for him?
Speaker 3: You're going to do that?
Speaker 2: Like you're gonna have like when we go to like I'm thinking of like his classes and it's like, here's my mom, Aaron Andrews and my dad, you're at Stole.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I feel like I do, like what does Carrie Underwood? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: These are questions we need answers to. Yeah, so were you thinking like you're going to just change your name for purposes of my legally all change it, but I will never go by Aaron Stole on air? Yeah, well we're past that point. And Jared also doesn't need you to do that, but he's easily here.
Speaker 3: That's interesting. I actually would like to open this up to the Calm Down community.
Speaker 1: Carry Underwood and Carrie Underwood, Okay, right, son, enough football on AMBAC. I would like to know if what the community out there actually would do in that suation?
Speaker 3: Do or do you need to first grade class.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what any of you out there that have changed your name or didn't change your name, because if your little one, we'd love to hear more about it. Hey, here's the big anonymous follow up. This was from two weeks ago, Ladies and Gentlemen. Original question my ex and I broke up, but he won't move out of the apartment.
Speaker 3: What do I do?
Speaker 1: My advice to her was, if the lease and the bills are in your name, throw his stuff out the dough.
Speaker 3: Here's the follow up.
Speaker 1: I scheduled movers to come get his shit and he finally left low KEI had no choice.
Speaker 3: This gal's great.
Speaker 1: The apartment was in my name, so ain't no way I was moving out thanks to the advice, love your show, Good for you. My thing is, Ladies and gentlemen, whatever the situation may be, if that thing is in your name, do not exit stage left because that person can vandalize the thing. And now you're on the hook and there's all of this liability.
Speaker 3: If you are the.
Speaker 1: One that is on the lease or you're on the mortgage and that is your house, get his ass out. Here's a pro tip. If you own the house and the person leaves and it's not their house, you can change the locks and they legally are not allowed to come back in. And that has been my advice from Parker and Parker Law Firm. I don't know if that's actually you know what I mean well by that changing the loss the real thing, but uh yeah, good for you, sister, and you know what to this anonymous follow up. I hope that with the new year and your new space and you've reclaimed it, I hope that you feel better. But here's my advice to change those locks. I just safety number one. You never know if the person has a bad date, and they obviously know where you live. So just be safe and be happy. Okay, bye bye Now Dean Blandino, big show. You guys don't want to miss it. If you guys are like, oh, I don't know, I think you pulled your mic out. I got so excited talking about Dean Blandino, who doesn't start off side holding. I said, Dean Landino is the head of officiating. And you're thinking to shelf like, I don't really care about football. I don't really care about how you do. It just has nothing to do with it. Now, will he will offer some advice on different things.
Speaker 3: We will talk to him.
Speaker 1: He is just one for He's a da guy for everything. One stop Shop So Great, a little football, a lot of life.
Speaker 3: Hot Dean coming up.
Speaker 2: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.