Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor Set, De Montree More and Newi Scrugs.
Speaker 2: This is the Players Lounges, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming, and we are back here on a Wednesday hump Day. The Montree Moore, I got it right today, right, Montree More, Anthony door Set, we are short Newie Scrugs, and we are short Baron Church. That's what rich people do. They just can't go and do as they please when they want. I am Jesse Holly aka Salt and Pepper Poppy running the show today.
Speaker 3: Fellas, what's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: What's good on Wednesdays? I normally asked my co hold, so hanging with the boys, that's how? How is your mentals and your dentals day? I should always say, so we're good, you guys having a good, good day, good week?
Speaker 4: The game? Man, I'm doing good. I played my game Ghost of YETI so I'm excited right now.
Speaker 2: I deal what that is.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good man. The dental I'm up for I'm up for root now.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You anybody ever had one?
Speaker 4: I did? Yes?
Speaker 3: Still, brother, Yeah, the metal was good. It was good, good, good, good good.
Speaker 4: What about you, brother?
Speaker 2: I'm good man. My dentals is good, my mentors is good. It's been a good week. I've enjoyed coming to kick it with you guys this week.
Speaker 3: I really have a little longer man already.
Speaker 5: Can't do that, can't I can't do that, That's the problem.
Speaker 2: No, But I do enjoy coming to kick with you guys because for one, for me, I get to I get to change seats, right, because on my show a lot of times I get to do the bulk of the talking and stuff like that. And then on this seat. I do like hosting at times. I do like being able to sit in this seat. It keeps my mind sharp. It makes me have to prepare extra because I have to make sure that I'm able to give out the things to you guys, right, and so like it always keeps my mind going. It keeps my mind sharp, It gives me and and like we all know, in sports, the more you can.
Speaker 3: Do show your value.
Speaker 2: More I can do. I always tell people listen anybody's replaceable, but it's gonna take four people to do what I do, so you MI will just keep the one it is instead of having to go get four.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to be like your you just got it. You know you don't give no secrets though he ain't giving out no layups.
Speaker 3: And he ain't giving out no secrets.
Speaker 4: What do he said? Devil's advocate backed me up now. He has been tutoring your boy backed me up now, So I.
Speaker 3: Me up a little bit.
Speaker 4: He gave me that look like you better tell me I'm I'm like, listen, I am.
Speaker 2: I am an advocate of helping out my people when I can all I can, because it does me no good to keep the information to myself. And as many I want to build a tree, I want to be. I want to be able to be like man, I got up here and I help so and so and so and so and so and so, because you never know. One day that person might be up here and I might be like, hey, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I tell you that you see the same people growing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I want to make sure I'm good going up and I'm good coming down because somebody might like, yo, come on in here right quick.
Speaker 6: Ja.
Speaker 2: You were good to me four years ago when I was on my way up. So yeah, man, all right. Coach Shottenheimer spoke for the first time today as the Cowboys are starting to come back and do a little bit kind of you know, getting back to normalcy, right, And and I didn't hear it all, but I was talking to to Chris in the back a little bit. And you know, this has been on my mind for a couple of days now because coach Shoddy in his position head coach that already enteils. That's personnel. That's who's who's in the game, who's out the game, who's hurt, who's on the way back. You know, while earlier they were they were they were working out guys, right, So you know, are we bringing guys in and we bringing guys out with the rotation gonna look like offensively defensively, then I have to worry about being offensive coordinator right with game and I'm going to be putting in I'm watching the film on on the Raiders defense. And then now you know he's been kind of going across the hall a little bit to the defensive side, trying to get them back on track, giving an offensive perspective of how they shit better help run their game. And then you're dealt with this extremely extremely unique situation, terrible situation. And then now he has to kind of take the you know, he wears a visa. He got to take one visa off as head coach and now put the other visa on as almost like pseudo dad, right, counselor to sixty plus players and coaching staff.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: And so that that in itself looks like sounds like it'll wear you down Jamaican, right, you know what I'm saying, Like it just it just truly it truly wears you down. And so you know, maybe kind of getting back into the routine of things, of meetings in practice, the thing that you're used to, right, the muscle memory of it all is probably crucial for him and for this football team. But nonetheless they take on the Vegas Raider saying, you know, just from a player's perspective, this is the player's lounge. You know, how how do you help your head coach? If you're a veteran guy in the locker room, how do you how do you help your coach? In this moment of saying coach, we got you over here, Like, you don't have to worry about this group. You don't have to worry about that group. Like, how do you go about that? If you're a veteran playing in the locker room, how do you go about helping coach Shotthamer in this moment?
Speaker 5: I mean, and just by what you said first of all, you know, if if you've got that relationship, and even if you don't, if you're that vet and you have that voice, you know, you go let him know, like, hey man, you know, like anything that I could do to ease some of this off you right now, and then don't even worry about We're going to be policing ourselves amongst ourselves in the locker room and on the field, because you know, just with everybody, just like you said, with all those different things he has to worry about right now, this doesn't fall on him that those words are there, and losing and losing Marshan and everything else like that. These guys want to go out there at the same time, and they want to heal from it too, and they want to try to try to keep moving things and keep moving things in the right direction. So that being said, the focus, of course, is going to be for the guys to come together and let him know, like, hey, coach, you know, we got it. We're gonna step up, we're gonna man up, we're gonna do everything that we can too, you know. And it's not just about lightning a load for him. It's just about lightning the load for everybody we know that, you know. And this goes on to say winning brings about an environment for all great things to happen, you know, and of course if you if you're able to go out there and to come off of this situation, off this bye week and off of this the struggling week that they've these two weeks that they've had and actually go out there and create a w get a win. I mean, that's gonna do a number of things for this building as far as with the record number one, but then just the morale that's going around and everything else like that, and to lift the spirits in the building. So you know, just just just being that vet and just letting him know. But a lot of times it just goes on without even having to be said. You know, action speak louder than words, so you know, just just letting them know you're there and just going out there and perform is going to be the biggest thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Man. As far as being that VET, I think about what you said, he taking one hat off. He's going from coach. But then what you said ad that title or figuratively speaking that hat is go from being a father figure for a lot of these guys that are young that are still into that. But not only being a father figure, you're going to be a brother to some of these guys. If you're a true VET and you've been around the league. I think about guys that are ten eleven years in Dak Prescott like, you might not see him as a father figure, but you might see him as that older big brother that you talk to. But regardless of what you see, the title doesn't change what the connection is, and it's family. When we go over there, we say it's us against the world and for us to come in there. Sometimes guess what, it's the head of the family and the dad that controls everything. But guess what, you got your mom over here doing this, brother over hear and your son. It's a job that goes this not just on him, he says the president, he leaves it, but also that leader needs help some time, and so you're gonna have your vets coming in there taking ownerships. You might see some people coming in here a couple hours earlier, thirty minutes earlier, a coach howes today, going, are you're good today? Cool? If you need me to help, that's where your good vet comes in and say he stumbles on the word or something like that. He might just suggest after the day, be like, this is gonna be their first real work day. If I'm not mistaken. Coming into the building right after the bye week they had the meetings on Monday, Tuesday was a break. Wednesday, they might do some running around. Well, now you're gonna have your good vets that come in there and say, hey, coach, energy is there. We're ready for the raiders. Or they're gonna say, hey, coach, locker room is not there, so how can we pick it up? And Shoddy being a good players coach coming in here galvanizing the troop, that's where he's gonna make the adjustment. So just like we say, the back end gotta help the front, the front and help the back well that goes from the top of ownership gotta help the coaches and the coaches got to help the players to the players, got to help the janitors, everybody that was in there, because you got to remember, this is a big thing that you're dealing with. Like these people, the people that cook for you every day, that's used to seeing you, my girl Ms Rachel over there. All these people are families, So it's not just the players. You have to do the whole environment. And so it's gonna take everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right now they're back, they're schedul to get back on the practice field tomorrow. But you know, Koch Shatti said spoke today, you see guys kind of trickling in and out throughout the you know, the entire the entire day. Yeah, it's again, very very unique situation, a very unique set of circumstances that that guys have to go into this week and figure out a way, right because you know, the norm is getting back and playing the game. It's the practices, the meetings, you know, minus your brother. But it is that that sometimes is the bubble in which you prefer to be in because it's so common to you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean.
Speaker 5: We're able to compartmentalize so many things as professional athletes because you have to be hyper focused, you know, but then at the same time be able to basically multitask a millions of different things, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it's crazy.
Speaker 5: To sometimes to sit back and to think about, like, you know, in situations like this, let people know that we're just not athletes, we are actually human at the same time, and with the multitudes of things that we have to deal with on the field, from the play calling to schemes, to contracts to whatever the case may be, Like, you still got to live life, and life is happening regardless.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, it is, and you got something.
Speaker 4: And as life has happened, the one thing, like how you said, we're so compartmentalized. Like I mentioned that, I went to the NFL Trust this past weekend and go do the brain and body thing. But when they talk to you, they say, man, we've been doing this for such a long time, some people five plus years, thinking about your ten year in college, four year, not to mention little league, you've been doing this over a decade. Your condition, Like we're creatures of habit and for you to go in there, what's the one thing we always hear in football? Next man up? And unfortunately it sounds really bad. But it's the best thing in this because you got to try to get back to normalcy as fast as you can. And so when they go into practice, when they go out there and work hard, that's going to feel normal. It's the after effects. It's when you get tired of practice and you come in there and that part of even though we're so focused and detail oriented, that part after that is going to be the hindrance. And so that's where you feel in your extra time. And so I wonder how it Shot is going to implement that him being around guys like Pete Carroll. When I experienced Pete Carroll, he was one of the best of attacking the player to he attacked the mindset can better the player. And with Shoddy being under that coaching tree, his dad being who he is, I'm really excited to see how he's going to gavilize this truth pressure bus pipes for McDonald's. So we'll see there it is all right.
Speaker 2: So what we'll do is, Chris, we'll take we'll take an early break right here, and then when we come back. I want to get into the game. I want to I want to talk about a little bit about Vegas. I want to talk a little bit about the Cowboys and for me, looking at the Vegas defense, right, how do you stop ninety eight? How do you stop Max Crosby? Everyone wanted them on this team, wanted him to be traded for he didn't get happened. Now you have to face him. I want to talk about the game plan you guys think the Cowboys should come up with to stop Max Crosby. This is the players lounge. Stay right here with this will be right back.
Speaker 3: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 4: Off the reels.
Speaker 7: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one one hundred gambler that's twent eight hundred gamb l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Crown Royal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 7: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the Code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 9: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football once again capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss, just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 2: Back to the Players Loud.
Speaker 4: Celebrate the season at the Cowboys Christmas the Stravaganza, power byey Liant at the Start in Frisco. Join us every Friday through Saturday night from here to November twenty first to December twentieth. You heard me right, let me say it again. If you missed it November twenty one through December twentieth for electrifying holiday performance. For detailed visit thestardistrict dot com.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is a players brought to you by christ the Crack Gaming. I am Jesse Holly. To my radio left is Themntrey More. To my radio right is Anthony Door Set. The Cowboys are set for another Monday night football game prime Time Baby Primetime. The Cowboys will play a couple of pubble Primetime games will include Thanksgiving in the next couple of weeks. And I'm lining up this this game again, we already talked about all the unique circuits that come along with what this week is and this Vegas football team. When you are to look at him and break them down, we always look at the record and see the record first, and you understand, like that's in the words of the great Bill Parcels, you are what your record.
Speaker 3: Says you are.
Speaker 2: And then you go when you watch a little bit of the film and you watch a little bit of tape and you go, okay, you know two and seven. But because there is a when you look at what they do defensively, they're not a bad they're bad defense than we have, like like right now, they're middle of the league and you know, a lot of people have asked for if the Cowboys can just get to the middle of the pack with that level of offense, then they will be significantly better. The problem is with the Raiders that you know, offensively, they didn't think that geno would be this geno, right, This geno wasn't what Pete Carolyn Company anticipated him coming over from Seattle. But the main catalyst on that d defense for the Vegas Raiders is one number ninety eight, Max Crosby. And so.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 2: And you guys know this, right, I try to tell fans all the time, is they got iPads now, but when I was in the league, they had playbooks, right, And so you get your game plan playbook every single week, and when you open it up, if you're an offensive player, you open it up at the top of the first page. They had the guys that you had to worry about, I know, defense, same thing. You open yours up there three guys at the top. You were like, these are the guy that we gotta focus on and we gotta watch and we gonna game playing around these dudes. Well, for the Vegas Raiders, when when Shoddy in that offense walks into that meeting room, they're gonna open up their iPads and he's gonna get them the big screen and the first name that he's going to put up there in bold letters, and what a picture up there is going to be Max Crosby. You think about you talk about, you know, premiere pass rushers and this defensive edge rushers in general in the league. You think of Miles Garrett, you think of Michael Parsons, Max Crosby, t J. Watt, right, like, those are the names that you and then you can kind of argue about who else you want to put where, but those four names. And Max is always in that conversation, both in the run and in the past. He's talented, He as a motor, he's the leader, he's the heartbeat of that defensechise the franchise. So when you see the way that the Cowboys have been playing with their and he promamarily lines up on the defensive left side, offensive right side, and we know what that brings. That brings Terrence Steele or as coach, Schottenheimer and and and Connor Riley and company have said, we're gonna have some competition at the right tackle position. So that's either going to be Nate Thomas or it's gonna be Terrence Steele. How would you how would you propose that the Cowboys prepare and try to maintain a guy like Max Crosby.
Speaker 4: Man, it's hard to do that, but he said, he go get his But it's just about eliminating how much he gets his, which the best way with your pass rushers and guys like him or players of his caliber, running back chips, tight end guys to come over there playing in off tight end formation. The movement that you have on the play action pad. That's gonna slow him down. Having people motion across actually have him thinking, because not only is he the face of the defense, he does a lot of thinking. He's almost your general that's over there calling out the players before you get there. And for him, it's not that he's the talented or the most talented as far as having the best get off or having the a plethora move His best asset is his effort not being able to die. So when you say prepared this week, if I'm the coach, I'm going in there, I'm turning the noise up loud, and I'm gonna have them doing a lot of Harry up. I need you to get back on the ball. Try to make this guy tired, because he's not gonna get tired. And right now, that's the best way to help your offensive tackles right now is to have them cardio that cardio vascular in them ready to go.
Speaker 2: So and I'm gonna get to you in the second idea. I want to I want to stay here because you played along the defensive line and they lined up Max. Like I said, his primary spot is on the left side over the right tackle. But they line him up in the middle, line him up on the right side, they line him up, they line him up everywhere. They line him up all over that offensive line is in your experience, do you see line sliding his way, sliding the whole protection his way wherever he's lined that back because you know, you can't you can't really chip or double if he's lined up over over, you know, in the a gaps or something like that. So so like, what from a defensive perspective, how how will some offensive line? So how would the Cowboys offensive line do that when he moves around?
Speaker 4: If I was the offensive line the coach thinking on attacking this guy, you don't have to worry about two bookie INDs. So you don't have to worry about with this guy and him being the playmaker like that, You're going to see a lot of full man slides that way. You're gonna see a lot of run on the motion. You have Geno Smith back there. That's a mobile quarterback. So you're gonna kind of tell Gino, hey, you move away. I mean Dak, I'm sorry, I said Dak. Yes with Dak, I'm gonna sit there and have Dak moving on the run with the play action pass, having your emotions going over there to slow down and just get away from him. It's not like you have somebody at nose tackle that's dominant right here. That's a perennial pro bowler. It's just going right there for him. So that's going to be the difficulty. But also with that, you're eliminating yourself our tight end right now. He's bawling right now, and for us to use him in as a blocker, you're gonna call on George Pickens CD the running back. Y'all got to step up. There's gonna be more opportunity. So it's a double headed sword, but the best way to do it full slide with one guy on your d line versus having two or three guys.
Speaker 5: You know, I I being it. I never had to put my hand in dirt and pay that play that position. I definitely agree with Trey saying. But another thing that you got to do too as well. You got to give an offense a chance to strike him. So you got to run the ball, all right, and you know, and then the thing about you know, running the ball with him, of course, And why I say that, because of course, you know everybody at home. Offensive pass that is more so of a catch thing. Offense lineman stepping back, catching the blocks, trying to you know, keep away from the quarterback at the point where we're running the ball, the Cowboys running the ball, that offense lineman gets to come off the ball and like lay some leather on somebody across from him. So you definitely want to try to do that because of course that's going to wear and tear on him too as well. You get into some tricky situations, and that's one of the reasons I think that we haven't seen a lot of the young backs here because once you start trying to bring backs in to help with pass protection and things like that, it doesn't seem like, you know what. I can't speak for it myself, but you know your backs have to be good at pass protection where you're leaving them in all right, And just like you said, with Ferg balling the way that he's been balling, you don't want to keep him inside so much as just to help on it. Help trying to keep a cross away from getting to the quarterback. So the thing is to be, like I said, run get the ball out of Dax's hands. As fast as possible, you know, no more long routes to the materializing. It's going to take like five four seconds or whatever. Get that ball out in two seconds however many seconds you need to get it out and keep trying to move the ball like that. But like he said, that dude is a straight hustle guy. He got pass rush moves and everything else like that. But his will to win is one of his greatest assets. So you know, when you play against people like that, it's gonna be a long day.
Speaker 3: Regardless.
Speaker 2: When you talked about running the ball at Max Crosby and just running the ball in general. Stat to kind of go with that, the Cowboys are three to zero to one when Javonte Williams has one hundred yards from scrimmage in their own five when he doesn't. So I think that is also important and critical, you know, you know in it all now you know the you know when you when I went back and I was watching a little bit of the Broncos game that they played, and they they they fared well against the Broncos. They held the Bronco I think the ten points, two and twenty yards. You know, of offense, it's it's It's kind of a lot of teams have come and played the Cowboys and looked like world beaters, and then they go on to the next game after the Cowboys and it looked like they looked very, very very mundane and average. Right, But was that, well what we saw against Denver from this defense? Does that worry you a little bit when it comes up to the Cowboys office, because it's kind of been staggering the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: You know. I think of like, we're new, he's here.
Speaker 5: We always say certain styles make fights and everything else like that.
Speaker 3: That's the team.
Speaker 5: They played Chether twice a year every year. Yeah, you know, they're more than familiar with each other. So when it comes down to it, I think that that played into it a little bit at the same time.
Speaker 2: And their team is built like you normally you build your team guys in your.
Speaker 3: Division exactly right what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So, so that that was that was definitely a benefit for the Raiders that night. I think that that was such a low scoring game. I can't remember what the score was, but I know, you know, and going into those games, you know, being yeah, you know, being a Raider too as well.
Speaker 3: Anytime you had those divisional.
Speaker 5: Games, it didn't matter what was going on, whether it was Denver, the Chiefs or whoever. Like, those games were just typically going to be some hard fock games, you know. So, But do I think that that's that that that's what we have to look for it from the question was from from the Raiders or the defense. Yeah, I think that that's that's that's part of their identity right now, you know, And that's that's been something that they've been trying to establish for the last few years there with the different changes in different head coaches and everything else like that, the defense can travel. They brought Devin White in as as a linebacker, and you know, one of one of one of my former teammates is actually the secondary coach out there too as well, and I know how he gets down and how he coaches. So that defense right now is trying to be, like I guess you could say, one of the saving graces of that team if they have one, because you said Gino is not the geno that we saw the past two years where he got there.
Speaker 2: Gino said, they wrote me off, but I didn't right back lost in the.
Speaker 4: Don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying this. You know, just Gino that's playing you know right about now, isn't isn't what people thought that, you know, it would be from the Cowboys. Like, let's just talk about the Cowboys offensive perspective a little bit here, because we talked about Max Crosby and stopping Max Crossby. You know, this offense has been a little bit, like I said, staggering in the last couple of weeks. It came out the gates against the Philadelphia Eagles in formidable, and then they took took off and even with the absence of CD Lamb, it's still was one of the best defenses in the entire football league. What are some of the things they have to do to get back to that? Was it opponent base? Was it just the ebb and flow of the season? What are something that they do to get back to that?
Speaker 3: Real quick before he jumps into it.
Speaker 5: I really think that what happened was with the loss of CD, the team had to figure out what they were going to do, right. They didn't know that George was going to ball out like that, so the balance seemed like that was gonna be the most the best thing we could do, and let's make sure we got some balance. George comes out here and likes this thing on fire. The next thing, you know, it was like, okay, well, you know, we got to get CD back into it too as well. And I don't know if it was that to change the balance of what the play call has been, but just like you said, like they've gotten away from the run, like in such a large amount that they were doing before, and now I just think that like they honestly got to try to figure out, Okay, George can play, CD can play, but we got to get back to some true balance here.
Speaker 3: And I'm sorry, I just oh, no, you good.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, those are my safe sentiments as far as not necessarily getting back to it, but trust in yourself, Like stop playing down when they go out there. We've seen this offense be the best majority of the time, but we've also seen them play down to their competition, regardless of what that is. And so I would just say, get back to playing football, get back to having fun, Get CD out there doing celebrations with George, get Javonte getting his touches, moving the ball, running over there, Get that offense a line ain't too feeling confident like they're going to get against one guy right now, and just really trust your football, trust the schematics, and use that pressure. But the biggest thing right now is you have to get back to knowing your true identity. Because as much as we talk about Mass Crosby, we're not talking about this guy right here. Patrick Graham, the defensive coordinator that has a lot of respect around there, that was over there at the Giants for many years and seeing guys like Dak Prescott, a young CD Lamb. So he has some familiarity over here, and he's a good defensive coordinator that can make these adjustments, and so he's gonna want to use that. He's gonna want to use the momentum that he has right now coming and playing a good defense. Pete Carroll being the defensive dominant head coach, me being around him, I know him the way that he's going to go in there and talk to them. He's going to say, hey, gud, forget what the record says, go in here and look what we just did this last week. He's going to show them their highlight table, make them believe in it and eat it and say, hey, defense, y'all are the backbone right now. So the Cowboys should be worried about this game, and this can be one of those trap games that makes me a little nervous right now.
Speaker 2: All right, so we'll take our last break of the show. When we come back, I want to get a little messy.
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah, you go, you go.
Speaker 2: I want to get a little messy because you you spark something that that that has been has a little bit of a little bit of a smoldering heat to it. Ok, And so I want to get a little bit messy and see where there's smoke or smoldering will be an absolute fire. And if you want to know what that is, you need to stay right here, come back. What is after this break? This is the players longe will be right back.
Speaker 10: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle, and boost your recovery with five grams of Pro Team, zero grams of Adage sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients in the Gladiator smooth available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kiv.
Speaker 3: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 11: It's game day and raising games. If you want to order like a chad, it's action off the field.
Speaker 4: You need to focus on.
Speaker 11: The only play you're running is chicken. So what combo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cooked to order chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available.
Speaker 4: To order online or on our eye.
Speaker 11: This season is about to be unbeatable, raising Kaine's chicken fingers.
Speaker 6: One love, Hey Cowboy fans, Keith Davis here, former Cowboys savings. You know what separates Champtons from the rest. Making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking the bowld when it mattered most. Now it's your turn invest like your icons with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players.
Speaker 4: Loune Capture Frameworks moments on the Holiday Photos with Santa at the Start, presented by Monument Reality. Santa will be here spreading holiday cheer from November twenty first, all the way through Chris Smith's e for more information. Yes you heard it. If you didn't hear because Anthony was laughing, don't worry. I'll say it again. November twenty first, all the way through Christmas Eve for more information. To book your visit, head to the Star District dot call slash Santa, not Santana, but Santa. Register before December seventh to save five dollars. I know you want to save it. Government shut down. Come on now your money. You see the ad lit, you see the laughter in the backgro good man, thank you all right man.
Speaker 2: This is the Player's Lounges, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. I am Jesse Holly, sitting in for Newie Scruggs. Barry is somewhere being rich as he as he shook. All right, when you're rich, you did do rich stuff. I got Demontree Moore, I got Anthony dor sat And so I told you, guys, there's been this this smoldering and it's not caught fire yet, but it's smoldering, okay. And you made a comment ad and it literally jumped like right to the forefront of my thinking. And so I'm like, you know what, what the hell, let's get that messy. Let's get a little messy. And the comment that you made was that when Ceedee Lamb went out with the injury, with the ankle injury that he had against that he got against the Bears, and he missed those three or four games. You know, George Pickts really ascended and really took off and was the focal point of this passing offense. And some may say that when Ceedee Lamb came back, that balance or that cohesion or that chemistry was kind of not what it was before the injury, and that it may felt like they were kind of, you know, forcing the ball there. And some people, not Jesse Holly, but some people have been saying, you know, we need to focus and make the offensive passing game focused around George Piketts, not CD Lamb. And so here's something. Here are some of the numbers. Pickens has a higher catch percentage yards per catch, His yards per game UH per game average is more than Lamb. He's also has six touchdowns to Lamb's touchdown. He has a higher PFF grade. Uh So, my messy Jesse question to you, a d to you, Demontrey, should George Pickens become Dak Prescott's new go to receiver?
Speaker 5: You know, I think that what GP had a favorable advantage of and don't and don't cancel out what he's done.
Speaker 3: Over previous years.
Speaker 5: But he was not that go to guy, and so going into a lot of those games, he was not viewed as a CD Lamb.
Speaker 3: Type receiver prior to those games.
Speaker 5: Okay, so he wasn't he We don't got to double that dude all the time.
Speaker 4: We don't.
Speaker 5: We don't necessarily got here do a whole lot. We don't need to worry so much about him right now. Second game into that that injury with CD, I think that's where people started to take notice and say, Okay, well, you know, maybe he is that number one guy. You know, this league is such a what have you done lately for me? League that people will tend to forget you know, exactly who you are and what you're cable of doing. Long story short to answer the question is should he be? I think there are games where he definitely should be, and CD should definitely be. From time to time, when you have such a two headed monster like that, I think that you could switch it up and attack him from all different angles.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't necessarily have to be wrong.
Speaker 5: Or right who that guy is on that particular day, just as long as somebody is that guy all right and not going to a place where you can't figure out how to make one guy or the other the guy that neither one of them actually get to go out there and have prolific type numbers that they can have. So do I think he should be the main go to guy? I think that it should be game planned. I think it should be schemed. But I think that yeah, he definitely should have that option or that benefit every once in a while. Why why why continue for a gamesmanship as we'd like to say, continue to make CD the primary dude every game, all game, you know what I mean? So, like, I think it would give the Cowboys a little bit of competitive advantage to be able to use them both but trick teams and not know which guy is gonna be able to do it.
Speaker 3: But you got two number one? So why not use two number one? As we can't?
Speaker 2: Coach Schottenheimer has said when they were asking about not this week, but a couple of weeks ago, maybe even at the training camp, and they were talking about the addition of George Pickers and how he and Cedee Lamb are working on the offensing, Coach Shottenheimer's you know, he said, cause the question was about how do you disperse the ball monks all of these weapons that you now have. You have Ferd, you have CD, you have George, you got Javonte, you have you know, a pluthoro of weapons that you have into this mix. And Coach Schottenheimer he said that you know. He said, I gotta, I gotta. I got a big on sheet. His has got rings on it. So they like they flip. They got flipped, they flip over. And he was like, well, I got I got a section that's for CD. And he said that section has more plays on it. And he said, I got a section for George Pickens. Now he has a lot of players on there, but he doesn't have more plays on there than Ceedee Lamb, and so on and so forth, and and and so I say to to what you said.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase in Cincinnati, they get him the ball and Tie.
Speaker 3: Higgins is good.
Speaker 2: Pee Higgins is perfectly fine, could probably be a number one receiver if he wasn't flanked across that guy. And for as long as I've been doing this, and Ceedee Lamb has been the league, especially over the last couple of years, he's been grouped in with those guys. He's been grouped in with the Ceedee Lamb, Jamar Chase. Justin Jefferson, when Tyreek Hill was Tyreek Hill, you could say I'm a Rod Saint Brown like Ceedee Lamb's name has always been in that conversation. Never has George Pickens never, never, ever, ever.
Speaker 5: I will say this, all right, CD, has he proved me wrong? Okay, because as we always say, well not always, but as we've said in here before, Cowboys talent is always a little bit overrated from time to time.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: And so that being said, like I didn't I didn't see CD being what he is today, all right now. The only argument I can make for George before he got here, he didn't have Dak Prescott. He didn't have a scheme like this, He didn't have He just wasn't on the right team.
Speaker 3: And he wasn't getting.
Speaker 2: To use one of your words, your phrase is my devil's advocate to that is ceedee Lamb has seventeen hundred yards over one hundred and thirty five catches, and he ain't had no George Picks across from him. So he had and it was we jokingly said here, it was CD in a bunch of babies. So he was getting the double teams, he was getting the safety shed you know, shedding to his side.
Speaker 5: Of this had justin Fields throwing him the ball, and like Mason Rudolph or somebody like that.
Speaker 2: That's a fair argument. It's a fair argument it's a fair it's a fair argument. And so I come to you, Trey. I've presented the question. We've heard one side of it. You heard my side of it.
Speaker 4: I mean I heard your side. So what do you saying.
Speaker 2: You're saying no, I've been saying I've been saying this since day one. To me, this is just Jesse Holly, this is not this is I'm looking the camera. This is my opinions did not reflect Newie scrugs buried Church to Montree Moore, Anthony Dorr said, my opinions reflect me, and I stand on them. They don't have two number ones here. They got one, and they got a really, really really good number two. Ceedee Lamb is the number one. Ceedee Lamb has shown you time and time and Ceedee Lamb was still out there last year with one arm, with a backup quarterback, when he could have easily shut it down when it wasn't playoffs, wasn't even nowhere near in sight, and he went out there weekend and week out, what with jay O Tober on the other side, and and and and and Jake Ferk wasn't on this team. It was hurt and I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, people shut it down, bro, Like I hear you say that, like you could have shut it down.
Speaker 4: They shut it.
Speaker 2: People, people, people shut it down.
Speaker 5: But but those aren't the football players that we talked about.
Speaker 4: But it actually is though. It actually a lot of a lot of guys shut it down. You've seen You've seen Tyreek Hills.
Speaker 2: And he and he went out there. He went out there and put up some more good numbers with the backup quarterback and old opposite receiver. The season was pretty much cooked, and he just went out there and went to work every single day. So I've been saying this, I stand on this, and this is this is I had a lawful from this. I ain't rolled the fits about this since training camp. I think George is an exceptional player.
Speaker 3: I think CD is good. Let me shut up, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I forget said I think I think George is an exceptional player. I think he has a Niam Lilson, whatever his name is. He has a particular set of skills that is really good at Liam Nilsen Ceedee Lamb is the better overall receiver. To me, I'll give it to you.
Speaker 4: I know I'm just a defensive guy and this and that. But like you said, you mentioned earlier. What have you done for me lately? Is the league? It's been the league since the league has started. You're only good as your last rep and your last rep. Hear me out of America, I stand on mine. You can go look up the film. Chris Bean can talk about it in the back. But how many times have I been laying it up, asking questions weekend in week out? When do we give this to George? And I say that to say that George right now is the number one. He has the hot head. Just like in basketball, you don't get off of the shooters and right now the guy. Yes, you pay CD to do all this, but if you're truly believing what you said and what you forced fed to the media saying this is a one A and the one not you but CD. This just came out of CD's mouth. This has came out of shot his mouth. This just came out of everybody's mouth. But George, George did nothing but coming here, be quiet, work and putting the extra effort to say, hey, I'm gonna show y'all what I am. And now that he has a quarterback, he's doing all those things. And when I look at George right now, where he's going with his momentum. He gives me a young Mike Evans. He's going out there. He's the guy that's the era up there. He's bringing the energy. He's going out there blocking people and telling people six seven like I'm catching a body while doing that. Like with CD, yes he can catch. Yes, he can run every route on the tree and you can move him around. But guess what, you score a touchdown. George is doing that by far. He's blocking by far, and he's the energizer. Why would you say, hey man, let me diminish this because this guy has the big name contract. Let me diminish this because we're force feeding CD to be in those conversations. Right now, go with the hot hand. Get you what was doing because guess what, when George was your number one, the offense was doing good. When CD came back and George was still quote unquote getting fed those numbers and doing that, CD was doing better. So right now, lead, go with your leading horse.
Speaker 5: You've had you've had an opportunity to watch CD work for since he's been here.
Speaker 3: And like right here on the field, you ain't had that with George.
Speaker 5: You haven't seen it, so like, and then what you what you've seen is you've seen the different opportunities that CD has got.
Speaker 3: Because you're right here.
Speaker 5: You haven't seen the playbook, the play calls, or anything like that that George has had or the opportunities that he's had. So I think that what honestly has to happen. And I think that you know, like how you said America's standing over, I think you're a little bit judgmental right now, based off of what you've been able to see of one and that of the other.
Speaker 3: You got a whole book of one, but.
Speaker 2: I've watched both. Watch what I watched both.
Speaker 4: Of them not the same.
Speaker 5: You ain't had the day in and day out of George. You've had him for since training camp, right all right? And so then George being George, are understanding like I'm in a new situation this, I'm not the man here, so I'm sure like he didn't come in with that type of attitude.
Speaker 2: Now I could watch and tell who's the better rout runner.
Speaker 3: Oh, but yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about you can run the routs all day, but about catching the ball and getting open.
Speaker 3: And like, I don't care.
Speaker 5: I see dudes running routes all day, obstacle courses, these dudes, and.
Speaker 3: I know them routes ain't getting open.
Speaker 5: Now when it comes down to it, the contested catches and what George has been able to do since he's been here, he's played like a number one, just like he's you know what I mean, And so that that goes on saying. And I'm gonna say this, and i'ma stand on this. See these numbers or ce these numbers. He got some awesome numbers. But he's not a Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: He's not. He's just not and and and Jamar.
Speaker 5: Chase is totally different than me when it comes to a lot of receivers, you know.
Speaker 3: But he got those numbers and he's right up there with him.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm looking at give give George Pickings the opportunity minus the CD lamb here, all right and put CD in Pittsburgh, and let's see what they actually let's compare that, you know what I mean, And let's let's honestly, let's let's give George the opportunity to have the opportunities and CD has had because he hasn't had him since he's been here or anywhere else.
Speaker 4: Can we take it a step further to I guess help your case. I agree with what he's saying. But what is the big thing that everybody go do right now to check your credibility and how good you are? Pff pff goes be not you. But I'm saying most people, when you make these lists and talk about these top receivers, you go and with PF the way that you judged America with the PFF, y'all should know you go for your production to play ratio. If you're looking at that ratio and what CD has gotten over his overall body at work. And like you said, ad from what we've seen in this little bit of George in this year, like it's all been good, like the I feel like the potential and the ceiling is a lot higher because we haven't seen all this. This is his first year in the offense. This is the first year with a good quote unquote top five quarterback in the league. So I think the ceiling is higher for him to where it's like you said, I've seen CD already for these Plethorabia is here with dak with the backups and in the Dallas environment. Let me let me fan that fire right there. You got Amber, you got the smolder going over there with George. Why not see what you really have? So at the end of the year when it comes that time, are you gonna tag him? Are you really gonna pay him like a number one? Or is it going to be a Jamar Chase and the T Higgins type situation? You don't know right now? Mmm.
Speaker 3: Man, I just say I hear numbers lying. You know what I'm saying, you feel like, and numbers don't lie. And CD is very versatile line up.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I want to interrupt you.
Speaker 3: CD very versative line up everywhere.
Speaker 5: But George is putting up them numbers from just being able to line up outside.
Speaker 4: You said, you said numbers don't lie. Well, if numbers don't lie, he had, you're not gonna make your number one guy that's leading the team in touchdowns and having the momentum and stuff like that. If numbers don't lie, that is that he's clearly the number one right now.
Speaker 2: Because the other number is for there's how many games that CD Lamb is missed because he.
Speaker 4: Got hurt like you availability is.
Speaker 2: But like like it's not like he was doing this and CD language is over there not doing anything.
Speaker 3: Hey, so who the George have opposite him?
Speaker 5: When CD wasn't When when CD wasn't there because you said, you know, CD whatever to put these numbers up where he ain't had nobody opposite him.
Speaker 3: George went up there and put them numbers where he ain't nobody didn't either.
Speaker 2: He had he had a he had a running game that was going and was here last year to and flor Florin on the other side for when forgot hurt, Remember forg got hurt last.
Speaker 3: Year, he had to eat who last year that played for?
Speaker 5: Who was the receiver last year that was it was jeling Tobert Okay.
Speaker 2: The year before that had.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, listen, it's debatable. It's debatable.
Speaker 2: Is anybody wrong, It's all debatable all opinions. It's all opinions, and and that's the that that is, that's America. We get to have our own opinions, whether you like them or not. We get to have them.
Speaker 3: Who the hard cover is if you was a D all day long.
Speaker 2: All day long as a dB, you would much rather have to deal with a dude who's only gonna run three routes four at max than a dude who has the entire repertoire that you have to deal.
Speaker 5: The only time we get tough is when you honestly start to move inside. Moving inside makes things a little bit different. But but this dude has a has a great ratio of contested catches and field shoulder downfield shoulder on Georgia does matter city?
Speaker 4: Y'all?
Speaker 2: Y'all forget the contested catches that ceede Lamb's made diving catches.
Speaker 3: Form the matrix had Minniesoda, What have you done for?
Speaker 2: Remember the middle of the matrix one he had in Minnesota. Remember him going across the mill. There's a ton of them. There's a ton of them with this year.
Speaker 4: I love when receivers and dvs get.
Speaker 3: That Minnesota catch this year.
Speaker 2: No, you don't, But you're going off of You're going off of the history of George making the fifty fifty catches this year.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the ones he's made since been in the building.
Speaker 2: Nobody's wrong, are you what I'm saying that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Liked talking, It's I knew it would flame up some of the smoke. I lout flame up some of the smoke. So that's a great thing. And we'll continue to watch them. And honestly, like and I know this means for everybody in here, honestly, we hope both of them have spectaculars because they're hooping and they're bawling. The cowboys offense is out of this world. So we're just having the conversation and and and that's what that's what this is the This is the debate type of thing at the times. You get if we all agreed all the time, then what fun would that be? That's fun? But all right, man, this is the players lounge for Demontre Moore, for Anthony Dorset. I am Jesse Holly. Hopefully we'll have rich Barry Church back tomorrow and knew when we be out for the rest of the week, and I hope that you return for us to tomorrow because we're gonna have some more locker room type conversations and I might stroke up a little bit more messy Jesse, stand on, who're gonna stand on?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you God so much. That's it for us, man, be out of here. Pace.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club