Speaker 1: Welcome to zero. I'm akshatarati. This week climate elections two point zero. Australia, the land of flood whites, beautiful corals and ridiculously poisonous animals, just had an election, and like Canada's election last week, it produced a surprise result. Ladies, crime pals got the nine my majority, Live, government, promise and deliberate. Since Trump returned to the White House, the Australian electorate has swung away from the center right Liberal Party and toward the incumbent centre left Labor Party. The swing has been large enough that Labor, led by Prime Minister Anthony Albanesi, now has a large majority in the Lower House. Just a few months ago, Labor was projected to lose seats. And it's worth understanding what happened in the Australian election because what happens in Australia matters to the world. Australia is the world's largest exporter of coal and one of the largest exporters of gas, but it also has abundant sun and wind, and so it is a prime location to build renewables. It is also the world's largest producer of iron and aluminum ores, as well as the biggest exporter of lithium and other rare earth metals that are crucial for battery manufacturing and other green technologies. So which resources Australian politicians choose to exploit will shape global emissions. Australia is also hoping to host COP thirty one, the annual United Nations Climate Summit, in twenty twenty six, and we know what happens at Corp also shapes global emissions. Labor Party first came to power in twenty twenty two in what was hailed as a climate election, not just because it pushed out politicians that were opposed to climate action, but also because it saw the rise of independent candidates and a move away from the two party system. The Greens and especially the so called Teal Independence were voted in because they had a strong climate agenda, and that's one reason why the Labor Party under Albanesi was able to pass Australia's first climate law in over a decade back in twenty twenty two. So what happens next? How do the next three years under Albanesi play out for Australia's emissions? Is the country caught between a rock and a hard place. Given the trade wars and given its dependence on the US and China, and are the repeated fires and floods reshaping the climate debate. To unpack it all, we're joined by David Stringer, Bloomberg Greens Managing editor in Asia, who was based in Melbourne. They welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Echa, glad to be here.
Speaker 1: So last week we had the Canadian election and a wave of anti US sentiment helped Mark Carney and his Liberal Party in Canada to victory. This week we had the Australian election, which even though all the votes haven't been counted, we can be quite certain that Anthony Albanesi and his Labor Party are going to hold the majority of the parliament and Anthony Albanesi will be the Prime minister now. In both elections, the leaders of the opposition party who aligned with Trump, so Pierre Poliev in Canada and Peter Dutton in Australia lost their seats in the parliament. So Trump is proving to be quite the gift for left of center politicians. Huh.
Speaker 2: Well, as you said, the final votes are still being counted as of Tuesday evening in Australia, but the result is completely beyond diet. This was a real landslide electoral victory for Antony Albanesi and is Labor Party, and just one caveat from the top about names, the Labor Party in Australia is a sort of political brethren akin to the Liberal Party of Canada, rather than the Liberal Party here being equivalent to its opposite number in Canada. But Albanzi, He's really had a commanding victory and that certainly confounded expectations. I think going into Saturday's election there was a sense that he may have to rely on the support of potentially Australian Green Party, potentially independent lawmakers to get his policies through. That's not been the case, I think in terms of the influence of Trump. Quite clearly, for Mark Karney and for Canada, we saw at least a very real perceived threat to sovereignty from Trump's administration. It was a very visceral part of that campaign for Australia, less so the direct impact of Trump. Sure, exporters really don't like this, the idea of tariff's. You know, the majority of Australian exports are subject to that ten percent baseline. There are some products, you know, subject to a higher Levey. But what we did see is some adopting of that Maga type rhetoric, you know, rather than focusing on the policy platform, and they did have one, you know, to address the economy, to address housing. What we saw from Peter Dutton's Liberal Party is a bit more of a focus on culture war issues, you know, and we even had some calls for Australia's own version of Doge. So certainly that rhetoric wasn't a help. Not only did the Liberal Party lose, Peter Dutton himself was booted out of office.
Speaker 1: And Australia has a three year election cycle. In the twenty twenty two election, which we covered on the podcast, we had both a Green Party member and an independent joined the podcast. It was labeled the Climate election this time around. In his victory speech this weekend, Prime Minister Anthony Albanesi vowed to govern for all Australians, including for as he said.
Speaker 2: Every Australian who knows that climate change is a challenge we must act.
Speaker 3: Together to made for their future around bar.
Speaker 2: And knows the fact that renewable energy is an opportunity. We must work together the seas to a future.
Speaker 1: Out with that in the weekly speech, was climate still a big issue in this election?
Speaker 2: The truth is no, in this election it wasn't. And as you've said, you know, and as the podcast covered in twenty twenty two, climate has been a really large issue. It's hard to overstate how divisive climate and energy policy has been over the past decade two decades in Australia and how important it's been to election results. Even if we think back to twenty thirteen, that was my first election here after moving to Australia, the key issue really was carbon pricing. Then Liberal Party leader Tony Abbott. He campaigned on repealing a carbon price one office and ultimately carried out that policy. Twenty twenty two, the last national election, the forefront of voters' minds was still the twenty nineteen twenty twenty bush fires, the wildfires that killed more than thirty people and that burned an area about half the size of Canada. The fact that the then Liberal Party coalition government was seen as doing too little in terms of an emissions reduction was seen as being a negative force in global climate diplomacy and also dismissive of technologies like electric vehicles. That was front and center of that campaign. This time around, climate has taken a huge backseat housing, cost of living, inflation, interest rates, they've been the key issues, and in truth, even though Anthony Albanesi's Labor Party is seen as much more committee, it's a climate action, in reality, we've seen one or two new policies outlined during the campaign, one of them a very modest proposal to support household batteries with subsidies.
Speaker 1: This is something we've seen in elections all around the world following the pandemic, that economic issues have taken precedence. And yet when Albinizi did become Prime Minister in twenty twenty two, because of this momentum that was there for climate, he did get to pass a major climate legislation, a first in a decade, with a target to reduce Australia's emissions by forty three percent by twenty thirty relative to two thousand and five levels and increase renewables to eighty two percent of electricity by twenty thirty. Do we see Australia's push towards green energy as something that helps the economy and is that something that Labor Party uses as a way to push forward its goals because it is clearly not on track. Even today, forty seven percent of Australia's electricity comes from coal.
Speaker 2: I think you're right to identify a couple of things there, and even the passage in that victory speech on Saturday night ties some of those threads together. I was really struck listening to his speech that climate merited only a small mention, but when it did and we heard him there tie the desire to increase the share of renewables in Australia's energy mix. He tied it to as an economic driver, and his government has really encouraged Australians to see renewables and to see investment in renewables as a positive, forceful job creation, to see as a necessary renewal of communities that are currently dependent on fossil fuels, whether that's extraction of coal, whether that's gas production, or whether that's power plants. It's clear that coal is still really crucial to Australia's energy mix, but that is slowly, albeit very slowly changing. We are seeing giant coal fired power plants gradually be retired, and in fact that will continue and will accelerate over the next decade decade and a half. All of that means that if we look at those emissions targets, Australia is arguably on track to meet its twenty thirty goals. So if we look at the most recent data, that's emissions in the year through to the March twenty twenty four, emissions were twenty eight point two percent below that two thousand and five baseline. The majority of analysts thinks that puts Australia on a track to meet that forty three percent number. Now we can argue about whether that target itself is ambitious enough, and I think plenty of people would say it isn't. But what we do know is the policies that are in place and that will continue should allow Australia to achieve that number. The harder task is hitting that renewable energy goal. Getting to that eighty two percent of electricity generation coming from clean sources. That will require a significant ramp up of deployment of solar and wind, and really crucially, it involves billions and billions more investment into the energy system in Australia, not only in generation capacity but also in grids, in infrastructure. Whether the government can achieve that is a far more difficult question to address.
Speaker 1: So on this show we've talked a bunch about the electricity sector. We're going to do a series about electrification and the bottlenext to electrification very soon. But we've also noted that the decarbonization of electricity relative to other sectors is an easier problem. What about the other sectors in the economy, What about transport, what about industry? How is the country doing now and does the Albanese government have policies to reduce emissions from those sectors.
Speaker 2: It does, and it's right to point to other parts of the economy. Emissions from the electricity sector and account for roughly a third of the total. Transport is another huge issue for Australia to tackle. Twenty two percent there thereabouts of emissions are related to transport, you know, and simply haven't seen the kind of improvements in that sector that other nations have. Albanese's government has implemented new vehicle efficiency standards and they will continue to ratch it up and the hope for the government is that helps to drive further adoption of electric vehicles. That should help in the passenger vehicle segment. That should see Australia, you know, begin to recover some ground. But there are bigger questions and more difficult questions when it gets to trucks, trailers, and then think about those giant, enormous vehicles we see on mind sights in parts of Australia. You know, we've seen some trials of electrification, some use of trials of hydro gen as a fuel source. Cracking those kind of emissions is also vital to Australia's trajectory.
Speaker 1: You know, Australia doesn't have much of a car sector and so most of its cars are imported. Now tell me, commuting into work today, how many buids did you spot?
Speaker 2: This makes me laughuck Suat because this is something I literally have done on a number of occasions on my cycle, a thirty minute cycle into the Bloomberg office here in the center of Melbourne. I have in the past off and counted byds and I did it precisely because it was so noticeable. In twenty twenty two we saw the Atto three, one of Byde's most popular sort of small suv models. We saw that slowly introduced to Australia. My latest favorite thing is to look for the numbers of BYD sharks. Now that is the sort of flatbed truck or a ute as we call it here in Australia, the most popular vehicle category in Australia. And finally, there is a lower emission in this case BYD's hybrid option. For that, I think I saw my first BYD shark three or four weeks ago, and now I'm seeing them probably every other day. They're really proliferating in the way that other BYD models had in the past couple of years. And of course still Tesla's remain ubiquous as well. So that said, we know from the data that actually it's only one in every ten new car sales in Australia that's either electric or a hybrid.
Speaker 1: On the industrial side and on the energy side, the energy exporting side, especially given how much Australia exports call and gas to the world. We have seen the Albanesi government come under criticism for approving new gas fields, for expanding several existing coal mines. Is there going to be any change in strategy in this coming term? Given climate wasn't really a big to driving this election, It's.
Speaker 2: Really hard to see an impetus for Albanesi to change the approach that he and his government have had in their first term. You know, we did have a party, the Australian Greens, at this election that campaigned on a platform that advocated for no new oil and gas approvals. Votes are still being encountered, but the Greens have had a really poor election, you know thus far. It's that lack of impetus from seemingly from voters that will probably you know, give Albanesi some comfort in his current position. As you said, his government has approved new coal mines and expansions, also new gas fields, and there's been a lot of support for those traditional fossil fuel extraction and exporting industries. And don't forget they generate a significant proportion of export earnings for Australia. There is a really interesting test case that will come up very early in this new term. There is an approval that needs to be considered by the government to extend the lifespan of a facility called the Northwest Shelf. It's Australia's oldest and largest liquefied natural gas export facility. It's been coming towards the end of its current approved tenure. Albanesi's government has to decide whether to give it a reprieve and to allow it to continue to operate in its current form. That could be a real lightning rod moment for this second term of the Albanese government. It'll really define how do they view gas and coal. And I'll be honest, you know what we've seen in the past few years is you know, them talk a lot about the not only export earnings, but the numbers of jobs they see is directly supported, particularly by that gas industry. You know, in Albanesi's Resources Minister Madeline King, she's even talked about seeing gas as an important energy source through to twenty fifty and beyond.
Speaker 1: While this is happening, there is the trade war that is being sparked by Donald Trump in the US. Australia has a ten percent tariff. Maybe it goes away. We don't know what's happening with tariff policies these days and how frequently they change. But for Australia, the biggest trading partner is China, and we know the US is going really hard after China with one hundred percent plus tariffs on the country. So if as a result of what's going to happen between the US and China, China starts slowing down. Does that have a serious impact on the Australian economy as well? Given how much Australia exports to China.
Speaker 2: Australia's in a really difficult position. Not on the one hand sort of diplomatic security cultural partner in the US, and on the other hand it's biggest trading partner China. You know, Australia's economy has for so many decades prospered from its ability to export iron or the biggest export earner in Australia to China, to fuel China's steel industry. It's been a major contributor of GDP and you know, and we've seen huge companies here, BHP, the world's biggest minor, others like Rio Tinto. They've all benefited from that trade in the midst of a property crisis, in the midst of a deceleration of its economy. That's already having an impact now, you know, for Albanese's government and for a lot of that resources sector. There's also been a lot of optimism in their ability to export other raw materials, other minerals to China. You know, Australia has been a huge supplier of lithium, raw materials. It also is an exporture of nickel, of manganese, of all of the kinds of metals and raw materials that are required for batteries, for lots of the kind of clean energy supply chains that China dominates. The risk as you've identified there is what happens is Donald Trump and his administration put pressure on Australia to alter its relationship with China. We saw in the wake of COVID China removed its imports of a whole list of Australian products, coal, crayfish, wine, devastating lots of those industries. So China knows it does have this ability to have a huge influence on the Australian economy. And so yeah, Albanezi finds himself in what is a very unenviable position, caught between two large competing superpowers, and.
Speaker 1: China chose to restrict those imports from Australia as a result of the politics around COVID and where did the virus come from? Now you have a different challenge in Donald Trump and the White House. But look, Donald Trump is also interested in rare earth minerals. In critical minerals in lithium, in nickel are there any conversations the trade level that you know that are happening right now with the US government to look at whether the US is ready to import these critical minerals from Australia instead.
Speaker 2: For a number of years, these conversations have been ongoing, you know, in a in a previous role, I wrote predominantly about the mining sector, and I have been in those rooms, you know, with those US trade representatives and a group of whether it's you know, owners of rare earth projects who are seeking funding to develop those minds, you know, whether it's nickel producers. You know, this is a new thing. You know, Australian developers of mining projects have been you know, desperately seeking funding from the US precisely because of this ongoing desire to reduce reliance on China's supply chains. And no, I'm not aware of any current and existing conversations that are going on, but obviously, you know, under the Biden administration there was a emphasis on French shoring in the critical mineral space. Australia was a big part of that. I can only imagine that those conversations continue with the Trump White House, and it's relatively reasonable, I think to expect that, you know, as in, if there are any of those conversations around tariffs, that critical minerals will become part of that conversation for the Trump White House, I think very interesting. One thing we have seen in the past few weeks and months from the Albanize government is, you know, is a commitment to develop a strategic reserve of critical minerals. Having that stockpile potentially gives them some leverage if there are those conversations around tariffs, around the kind of trading relationship that Australia has with the US, maybe that is, you know, something that they can potentially leverage.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with more of my conversation with David Stringer after the shortbreak. And Hey, if you're enjoying this episode, please rate and review Zero on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
Speaker 3: You have.
Speaker 1: Feedback really matters and helps new listeners discover the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's worth noting, though, that this election played out a little differently from the previous elections I've watched in Australia, where the opposition party in the Liberals and the coalition partner typically are quite climate denialist and they want nothing to do with climate policy. This time around, they weren't really pushing against the net zero target that Australia has. Actually they were embracing it. They even had a plan to build a whole lot of nuclear power plants.
Speaker 4: And today we announce seven locations that we have looked at in great detail over a long period of time that can host nuclear sites.
Speaker 1: Dutton's plan, as far as I could see, was really quite a expensive and he got really badly hit in the campaign by coming up with this plan. So given that, and given the fact that there are currently non nuclear power plants in Australia, do you think there is any future for nuclear power in Australia anymore?
Speaker 2: It seems really unlikely that the idea of developing a nuclear power industry from scratch is something that is feasible.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I get the impression that the rejection of that idea and policy wasn't necessarily that Australian voters were opposed to the idea of nuclear energy. I think the thing that people rejected in this election in Australia was the was the cost and the timeline and the costings were very contentious. Dutton's party insisted that this plan, which would have been to develop seven nuclear reactors, seven nuclear power sites, some of them small modular reactors, you know, a technology that isn't something that is that is commercially available right now. The costing that it would have been a minimum of around one hundred and sixteen billion Australian dollars that plant a minimum. The Labor Party countered with a figure of more like six hundred billion Australian and to many voters, they saw this as as a strategy that would have extended the lives of existing coal fired power plants that not only have a negative climate impact, but are expensive, inefficient, you know, and would have required potentially regional or national avent government subsidies to keep them open. And an additional problem, of course is that Australia it isn't even legal to have nuclear power at this point. There are federal bands in place on having nuclear power stations.
Speaker 1: This time around, between January and April, there were massive floods in Queensland, in the state that is known for mining a lot of coal.
Speaker 3: Authority to say people were stuck on the roofs of their homes as rising waters cut off entire areas. And if that wasn't enough, thing we can show you a crocodile seen swimming in a storm drain. This is in the town of Ingham, ser.
Speaker 1: The area that covered was larger than Germany and France combined. Do you think that these natural disasters, just given the size of Australia and the extremities with which it's being felt, will have an impact on people wanting to support climate policies in the future or is it now economics first and real see about climate later.
Speaker 2: It really feels like the latter at this point. And as you say, there have been some quite significant natural disaster events in the opening months of the year. You mentioned those huge flooding in the west of Queensland. You know, we also had Cyclone Alfred, which happened in March. The impact of that cyclone even impacted the date of the election. You know, Albanesi had intended to call the election, but instead was had to defer because he and his government were busy dealing with the impact of that specific, you know event. And even in the past few days, you know, we've we've we've seen data, government data that showed, you know, household spending declined as a result of it. You know, we we saw millions of you know, insurers talk about millions of losses, significant events, and yet we didn't see them discussed in the election campaign. We've seen although this this wildfire bushfire as we call it here season, you know, was was relatively benign compared to other recent seasons, we still saw significant catastrophic fires. Again, they weren't part of the campaign, they weren't necessarily discussed. Ultimately, people won't be inured to the impact of these events, I think, you know, and particularly as we see attribution of these events to climate change, I think we'll see policymakers take up that.
Speaker 1: Climate policies might not be popular these days. But the climate calendar continues, and there is one coming up later in Brazil COP thirty, and countries are supposed to submit their plans for twenty thirty five with updated higher ambition. In Australia, which is supposed to submit its plans by February, deferred that and we are expecting it to come idly before COP thirty. Do we have any sense of when it'll come and whether it will show the ambition that the world needs.
Speaker 2: In honest truth, we don't at this stage. You know, it was as you say, it was deferred really for two reasons. One, there was an election pending, a lot of attention was focused on campaigning, and also there was a realistic proposition that had there been a change in government, we would have seen a much radically different, new nationally determined contribution. And in fact, Dutton's party had talked about potentially rolling back the targets or for twenty thirty Never mind, you know the twenty thirty five.
Speaker 1: But look, there is another cop that comes after. Cop thirty was just Cop thirty one, And before the election we knew that Anthony Albanzi wanted to host Cop thirty one in Australia, even going as far as noting that Adelaide might be the location where it will be held. And typically countries wanting to host cops have to show that they have the ambition, that they have the desire to support the Paris Agreement. Would that do you think matter in the targets that Australia sets out this year?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm absolutely you know, I mean, having won one election and convinced the Australian voters to return him to office, you know, Albanese's sort of next campaign as well. He's got to persuade a group of climate diplomats, you know, in the rotating blocks within the COPS structure. He's now facing the task to convince them that it's Australia and not Turkey that ought to be the host of the twenty twenty six UN Climate Conference COP thirty one. So part of that clearly will need to be showing greater ambition and getting his homework, getting that next NDC in as soon as possible to the UN. Certainly we expect that to be launched before the bellum COP. And it's I think it's fair to assume, you know, given the direction of travel we've seen from this government, that it will set a more ambitious target. You know, as we've discussed, there are areas of Australia's economy where climate policy is developing. Transport, industrial emissions, you know, really importantly, you know, there is a policy in place that covers some of the biggest polluting facilities, industrial facilities in Australia. The targets for them to cut emissions continue to ratchet up and we'll see that kind of contribution. So I think it's fair to assume a more ambitious new plan. It's a separate question of whether all of that will be sufficient to to persuade climate diplomats of Australia's credentials.
Speaker 1: It's been a conversation that's been sort of dour and climate policies, and I think we are on the upswing here, so let's keep on that upswing. And you know, of course you're based in Melbourne, You're based in Australia, but you look over our Asian coverage for bloombergrain, are there places outside of Australia where you are seeing green shoots that show why climate policies might endure or climate action might be strengthened.
Speaker 2: I think there are, and that is really critical because, as we know, Asia as a region accounts for more than half of total global greenhouse gas emissions, and so what happens in Asia is utterly critical to the trajectory of planetary warming. We can look at governments in places like the Philippines or Malaysia where there's really interesting work going on to advance policies that are accommodating greater investment in renewable energy. There's a huge amount of activity across the region to catalyze and improve on emissions trading systems you know, there's a enormous amount of interest you know, in the government to government trading of common credits too, and you know, we should see in the coming months Indonesia take some significant steps there. But the two big economies that I've spent most time, I guess thinking about in this region are China and India, huge contributors to global emissions. And late last month, we saw China's President Jijiping, you know, address a virtual conference of fellow global leaders to talk about climate policies, to talk about the kind of commitments they're going to be needed at COP thirty in Brazil, and that was really significant to me. The fact that we had President Ji committing China to more ambitious emissions reduction, committing the country to target not just carbon dioxide emissions but all greenhouse gas emissions hugely significant because China's total climate footprint, its contribution of gases outside of carbon dioxide is absolutely mammoth, you know, actually bigger than the majority of other countries' total emissions. Very significant intervention from g and that suggests that China will continue to accelerate its development of climate policy. Clearly, as we know, there is a lot of work to do. Yes, they have had this remarkable, scarcely believable adoption of renewable energy, but it hasn't necessarily translated into genuine decarbonization of their power sector because energy consumption continues to rise. The rhetoric from g some of the policy development we're seeing I think you know does sugges yes, that we're going to start to see genuine inroads made by China on its emissions profile. When it comes to India, we're not yet seeing the same policy settings. It's a country that still has, as you know, as we both know, as we both reported on a huge task ahead in terms of decarbonization. Yes, there are green shoots in the region, but there's still a lot of work to do, and there's still big economies with huge tasks ahead of them.
Speaker 1: We've had analysts looking at Chinese emissions and recognizing that perhaps they may have peaked as of twenty twenty four, and given the economic rejectory, they might just prove to be right. But there is one aspect of what's happening in the world, especially from the Asian perspective, that I want to get your view on, which is that a lot of the trade policies, at least in rhetoric, are about stopping China dumping cheap stuff into America or into Europe because Europe wants its own solar manufacturing capacity and Europe wants its own electric vehicle manufacturing capacity. But if that is the garb under which these trade policies are being deployed, there are tons of other countries in the world who do not want to build their own auto manufacturing sector, or do not want to build their own solar manufacturing sector. They could become real beneficiaries of this cheap solar and evs that are sitting in China and are not going to go anymore to the US or even to Europe, but might end up in African countries, might end up in South American countries, might end up in Australia, as we've seen with the bids. So those green shoots could really go and have an impact elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I think when it comes to electric vehicles, when it comes to green clean energy equipment, you're absolutely right there is an opportunity there. I think back to comments last year from BYD and its executives. You know, they were asked about the problem that they face with you know, not really being able to sell in the US. And their response is it doesn't trouble us. There are so many other markets for them to exploit and to target, you know, whether it is Latin America, whether it is Europe, whether it is Australia, the same I'm sure will prove to be the case for solar sales or modular exporters. Just look at some situations we've had, you know, even last year, like suddenly a huge surprise in imports by Pakistan of solar equipment. You know, we've seen that some of the faster grown regions for adoption of solar places in the Middle East. You know, there are dynamic markets that China's dominant manufacturers will naturally gravitate towards. The truth is, you know, exports to the US for many of those Chinese manufacturers haven't ever been huge. You know, they've only ever accounted for small amounts of their exports, and so there definitely is that happy sort of marriage of over capacity, huge clot of manufacturing capacity, whether it's in solar and wind and EV batteries in evs, and then markets that really stand to benefit from a lower cost of those clean energy products so yeah, that absolutely could see that being a trend and a theme that we start to see accelerate in the in the months and years ahead.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to zero and now for the sound of the week. That's the sound of an EMU, Australia's unofficial National Bird Proving Ones and for all that birds really are just dinosaurs in cute clothing. If you like this episode, please take a moment to rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Share this episode with a friend or with someone running for office. This episode was produced by Oscar Boyd. Noomberg's head of podcast is a Bauman and head of Talk is Brendan newnham. Our theme music is composed by Wonderly Special Thanks to Somersadi Mosses Andim and Sherwan Wagner. I'm Akshatrati back soon.