Speaker 1: The dog days of summer means this time for the boards of summer to kick in the gear and the best way to cash in on your baseball IQ is with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Never bet on baseball before. It's simple, pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odd mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers. New Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Cold Shannon. That's Cold Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The crown is yours.
Speaker 1: UFC three to nineteen is blowing back to the Windy City for the first time in six years. Check out the fight card and get in on all the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of UFC. And if you're new to Draft Kings, check this out. New customers who bet five dollars will get two hundred dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 2: Instantly.
Speaker 1: Don't miss out on all the action of UFC three to nineteen. Download the Draft Kings sportsbook app now use Coach Shannon. That's Code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: Y'all know me.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite of Shannon Shark, my partner and co host Liberty City is own Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree Madden, ratings adjuster, pro bowler, All Pro. He's Chad O Jo Sinko Johnson and the third member of the Big Three University of Arkansas Lum Little Rock, Arkansas native. Here he is, Ladies and gentlemen, I sold Joe Johnson. Joe, thanks for having him. Oh you, Oh that's Joe. Okay, your wife I worked last time.
Speaker 3: Hey, if it ain't having yesterday, I don't remember. You ain't happy yesterday. I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: It felt like it were yesterday, Joe. I'm like, damn, hey, hey, o, Joe. We be talking to Jeorge you, Joe, do that?
Speaker 4: Come on, I told you, I told him listen that thing with freedom so much it would like squid game to look the little green light ren Like I'm telling you, listen, it's all love, baby, but a right at that.
Speaker 1: Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and your continued support, because thanks to you, Nightcap routinely we're one of the top rated podcasts of all podcasts, not just sports, in the top one hundred. We always rank and guess what is coming up into our season, so we're about to move up these rankings thanks to you.
Speaker 2: We can't thank you enough.
Speaker 1: My Kangyak Laportier has a new drop and this one is very, very personal. I've created a limited edition release to honor my brother sterling induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Uh, it's not just the bottle, it's a tribute. It's a celebration of a legacy and once they're gone, they're gone. The Hall of Fame edition is officially live. Just head over to Laportier Kanyak dot com to grab yours while you still can do. Not miss this opportunity on a piece of history and a very very special moment. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platforms and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is pinned in the chat The Titans beat the Falcons twenty three twenty cam Ward finishes two of seven for forty two yards. Should have had one more completion, should have been three of seven at the bare middle yet show.
Speaker 2: But from what you saw? What did you like about what you saw?
Speaker 4: For cambore a continuation what he did the first piece of the game. Obviously he was only two for seven, but there was a drop Van Jefferson on that over route that he should have had. That was a beautiful throw. I seen a lot of you see a lot of people in the comments when I mentioned the throw being that it was over threw and like, what do you talking.
Speaker 1: About for a professional that's a very catchbule ball and it was.
Speaker 4: It was a dime. Outside of that, a few drops, yeah, a free drop. Other than that, it was good. It was good. People will look at the stat line and say, don't look the same as opposed to how he did in the first game. But still he was the same calm, poise and control everything and and he made good decisions with the ball.
Speaker 2: And I agree. I agree with you. Oo. My thing when I'm watching.
Speaker 3: Is his his his poison, patience in the pocket, him not getting rattled, and he's making the right Readso that's I think that's the biggest key.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I sit back and watch these young guys coming to this league, this grown man league, uh, just to see how they adapt and how they are in the pocket with this you know, cam Ward us should do. I enjoy watching those guys play, man. They look like they look like they in for a pretty good season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I will say to you and Joe, but we have to be cautious about is it is pre season. These defenses are very very vanilla, and the quarterbacks haven't got hit yet. I know that rookies, they look polished, you know, based on what we've seen you so far. But when you get hit upside the head a few times, no, and you get to get a little bit, will they still be able to have that same car on It's that same relaxance, that same poise under pressure.
Speaker 1: When you've been hit a sack a couple of times. You can play fast, but not in a hurry. I think the thing is that you have more time than you think. And a lot of times when rookies come in, they speed, they speed themselves up, and it's normally the second year. Joe and Ojo, you heard people say this all the time. All of a sudden, the game slowed down for me, And that's what you want to have happened. You want the game to slow down. You don't want the game to be you up. Play fast, but don't play in a hurry. I like him, Wallis Poy. I agree with you, Joe. I like his poise. I thought it was very deliberate. Yeah, he had some very unfortunate situation where the guy dropped the ball. A professional wide receiver got to make that care. Now, if you're in high school, you don't make that catch, Okay, fine, bro, you a But as a professional, a guy that's getting to catch the football, those are the topics.
Speaker 2: That's what you're paid for. That's what you're paid for.
Speaker 1: You you paid you know, to make to make the difficult ones. I mean, hey, you're gonna make the routine. You got to make enough of the routine ones. But every once in a while you got to come down with you know, you gotta you gotta help your quarterback out. He's not gonna always be able to hit you between the numbers, and so now this is your opportunity to help him out. But I like what I saw from cam Ward. I really did.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Atlanta fell behind. But then you know Austin Eastern Eastern stick. Uh he came in uh and throw the ball because you know, Pennick Junior didn't.
Speaker 2: Play at all.
Speaker 1: That's that's the only thing to hold you. I'm like, damn, they don't let these guys play at all. I mean I could, oh you, I couldn't even imagine. Could you imagine standing on the sideline the first second preseason game on Joe and not even dressed.
Speaker 4: Now, you know you know how I am. You heard enough stories about how it was. I'm practicing. I'm excuse me not practicing. I'm playing in the preseason. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I do not care. Joe.
Speaker 4: I had I had my coach every preseason game. I had I forced coach Lewis a called timeouts in the preseason, Joe, just to get me out the game.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I need I need these reps. I need to get acclimated to game speed. Game speed. I don't care if you could practice a hundred time, Joe. We could practice a hundred times. It's different. And I wanted my body. I wanted my body get a customer that as fast as possible before we one came along, right.
Speaker 2: I ain't listen because you know why, Joe.
Speaker 3: I think Joe make you for a lot of the guys, especially the top guys that don't really play a lot in the preseason. Okay Ojo is it because they take all the reps and snaps in practice and they don't want to overload them into the game.
Speaker 2: They don't like we don't. Uh.
Speaker 1: We normally we normally break it down, Joe. We normally have fifty to sixty plays. Practice is scripted, and of those ten plays, so we go. I don't know how y'all did, but we did ten plays the starters. The starters would probably take six to seven of those snaps. Now, maybe there's a maybe, maybe a repeat. Something didn't go well, and Mike would say, Okay, I want to see that again with the starters, but you're gonna take at least seven of the starters. Is gonna take at least at bare minimum seven of those reps, and then the other three would get divided up. And okay, fine, but so you're gonna get the lion's share of the rep. The reason why it's different, O shoe, is because you gotta realize, come game time, your paths will take down. Now they feel tighter. A lot of guys got all their paths in their pants.
Speaker 2: They're gonna feel tighter.
Speaker 1: So I needed to get a customer that because in practice, ain't nobody taking no jerseys. No, we take our jerseys now. I mean, come game time, we take them tight tight.
Speaker 3: T And y'all know, y'all know the fans they read to see it. I wanted to see pennies get out there a little bit and spend it, you know, at least full a quarter Uncle Ocho. But uh, you know, I know he got some high power weapons. He's talked a lot, you know, in this past week about how high power they are offensively and what he expects out of that falcon's core with that wide receiver quarter that he has. And uh, I think a lot is gonna determine on how quick he can pick up on things, and uh, how how soon can he adapt to being like one of the top quarterbacks in his league. All I know is this, if I'm going big game hunting, the first time I fired my weapon, ain't gonna wint to see that big game. I'm gonna get some shots Popper. Yeah, yeah, I know y'all.
Speaker 1: Don't hunt, So I excuse me, but I'm just trying to give you an analogy.
Speaker 2: You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: If I'm going big game hunting, the first time I find that shot is not gonna see what I'm looking at something. I'm gonna make sure this thing is capable of firing in case you have to make some adjustments exactly exactly maybe my aim, Maybe maybe there's some adjustments that I need to make. But I'm not going into the game without having seen these guys do something. And OTA's and and many caps and training cap and joint practices, all that's fining good.
Speaker 2: That ain't the game. That ain't the game.
Speaker 1: Even joint practices are different than the actual game. Your mindset is different than the actual and so that's and like I said, I think my last year. Mike say, hey, you're not going, but I want you to come in and get some work. So I came in, got my fifteen twenty one tens. He said, hey, just warm up, Hey, get your good work out in, and that's it for the evening because I want to take a look at these other guys and see what I got. I already know what I got with you eighty four. Okay, cool, but oh Joe, I had them play three games. Hell, I played the first game and said game the third game, So what the hell is he looking for in the fourth game that I haven't done in the first three that.
Speaker 2: He needed to see and get in the game four? So I get that.
Speaker 1: But these guys, o shoe, they start, they don't play game one, they don't play game two.
Speaker 2: I'm like, if some of them don't play with the.
Speaker 1: Preseason is a lot shorter nowadays, right, Yeah, it's only three games and and and and even in the NBA, it's a lot shorter. We used to play at least ten games, so I think it's a lot shorter, like five or six games now. So yeah, yeah, man, these these these guys, wait, man, they rhythm and timement.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you can't substitute that, bro. You can't substitute them game reps, man, you can't substitute that. You can go, you can go and practice and run as many drills as you want and just don't it don't add up.
Speaker 2: Nah no, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But that's that's that's the difference now, Ochoe, that's not what we have, Ojo.
Speaker 2: We might have been able to get a cup squeeze a couple of more years. Oo.
Speaker 1: I took some here season like this, Hey, I played fourteen years. I played in the preseason every year at least three to four games.
Speaker 2: Hell, oh Joe, about your bull driving.
Speaker 1: That's two seasons I could have gotten sixteen.
Speaker 2: I was good. I was good.
Speaker 1: But uh, I like what I saw with cam Ward. I think he's gonna be fine as long as they can protect him. I like the receivers, but it's gonna you know, sometimes you gotta make tough catches for your quarterback. Sometimes you got to help him out. You ask you ask the quarterback to help you out. Like I would always say, John, just just protect me. I'm gonna make an attempt even when I'm going over the middle. Give me an opportunity because I want to take the shot in my back, not in my face, because the worst come the worst. Oh, Joe, I'm gonna jump like this here in the middle and shot.
Speaker 2: In the back. I ain't really try to do that like this here, get that definitely, So.
Speaker 1: I'll take the shot at the back, Joe, I ain't try to get that man kind of like what uh? You remember when and Kwamboda got hit? Remember that that shot he took it and and he came back you you don't want that shot in the face. You want that shot in the match. So you always tell your quarterback to protect you. O Jo Eagles Jim hy Roseman speaks on the mistake and the regret of not drafting Justin Jefferson. I think there's one who's pretty obvious, one guy didn't draft that's going to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: The mistakes kill me. I made.
Speaker 1: It made me made me think why are we picking certain guys? But if we don't make that mistake like that, we probably don't play in two Super Bowls in the last three years. Don't overthink things when you're staring at a good player, just take them. Not drafting JJ still haunts them.
Speaker 2: To this day.
Speaker 1: Yes, because because think about who you took, and look the guy that he took. I played with his father, Monte Rigor. Jalen Rigor is the son he got in awe of all but the jumping high and running fast, and he overlooked the production that that that JJ Jenna gave him On the field, I asked, Ozzy Neosem, who's one of the best gems to do it? Drafted Jonathan out his first two players he ever selected, with Jonathan Ogden and ray Lewis. He selected, He selected Suggs, he selected Lamar Jackson, he selected Ed Reid. We know, we know what he's been able to do. And I asked him to say, Ozzie Suggs bro Joe. He said, Suggs ran four eighty five with tights and track spikes. I said, well, why the hell you take a man that run four eight five? He said, Shunna, somebody got twenty three sacks.
Speaker 2: I saw him.
Speaker 1: Somebody couldmit in the edge. I don't need to run forty yards. I just be run ten and he can get off the ball. So I believe, he said his I'll never forget this, he said, I believe what my eyes tell me, he says, yes. When I'm watching film and a guy looks fast, he looks explosive, he looks strong, fleet he comes to the combine, Hopefully he tests well. But if he doesn't, I face most of what I what I'm judging on by what I sell tape. I'm gonna trust my eyes. How we didn't trust his eyes. He got enamored by O Joe four three fourth sub four more four he got, and he got enamored by forty plus edge vertical. He got enamored by things that doesn't necessarily equate to build a girl. Because if that was the case, Hill, I just go get me a good guy. Do you see when when Noah loves is warming up, did you see how high he jumps up in the damn air, his feet, his heels, all right, the height of somebody's head.
Speaker 2: So that lets you know, first of all, for god that fast. You know he's look at Tyreek. You say, Tyreek did them back? Phil?
Speaker 1: You say, you say you gotta see this joke. Yes, you could tell he's explosive. Go ahead, what you want to say about what you think about how he's said admitting that he made a mistake, not you know that that happens.
Speaker 4: That happens. Obviously, it's the eye test to come to scouts, GMS, coaches, uh and and and personnel in general based off the eye tests and not looking at numbers. You look at Justin Jefferson, and you look at Jalen Rigor, and you will pick Jalen Rigor based on what you see when it comes to the aesthetics of the position in itself. So I can understand where he calls it. He calls the mistake. Actually it's not a mistake, because let's say you did go get Jettis, you might not have the Super Bowls that you have. You know, you might not.
Speaker 2: You know, it's the.
Speaker 4: Thing would be different. So everything went exactly how I was supposed to have supposed to go. Actually, but I'm I'm upset.
Speaker 1: Well, he stumbled into it because guess what, the next year, Demonte Smith came out and he was able to trade down to get Damonte Smith and in a couple of years later, so you two they.
Speaker 4: Did work yourself out. I was kind of upset. I really wanted I really wanted brother Jalen riger to to be be great at the position because he had all that all the intangibles to be just that. And I think one of the things this with him is mentally mentally. I think I think he had lost his confidence at some point and he just wasn't able to regain it back. Because he has all the particular potential in the world to be one of the best in the league. He just wasn't able to put it all together.
Speaker 3: Hey, uncle Ocho, Uh, do you think they put too much emphasis on like the testing to comebine when when when it gets the football meaning, because there are some guys who will not test well when it comes to come by agilly quickness, vertical, right, But when you put him in between the lines, the lights come on. They just know how to play bro, you know what I mean. That's for basketball and football. But I see that. I see that in a lot of guys this year, obviously from watching Shad you know, I know, I know we talk about him a lot, but he looks like one of those type of guys, you know what I mean. When you get him in between the lines, he just knows how to play bro, you know what I mean? Yeah, hell no, he probably ain't gonna test well and no combine and no forty or no vertical can leap, but none of.
Speaker 2: That, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Somebody goes to the combine. They might not be We just had tearing arms armstead. He goes to the combine to run four six. Now people looking at it. You could a guy go there. They might not be hurt, or he might be a low Go run for three. Because I can teach you everything else. I can teach you to catch, I can teach you the backpedal, I can teach you to drop. I can't teach you how to run fast, either you got that in you.
Speaker 2: Or you don't.
Speaker 4: But also also as a given a curse being able to run that goddamn fast and then believing you becoming a project coming into the NFL. Well, we can teach you all the intangibles you know to become a great player, whatever position you do play. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's too late. Because if you're already in the NFL and you've been able to get by, you've been able to get by without the technique all this time. Yeah, well you got the technique. At the next level. You canna get exposed anyway, no matter how goddamn fast you are. That everybody run full three at the skill of this some damn yere everybody, even if the people that run for five or run for six, that play receiver or not, they know how. They know how to manipulate all those that are fast to be able to get open and create separation. So just an addage like it's like having a car on and you're throwing rims on them and once you okay, that's the speed. In general. It's great to have, but you don't necessarily need it to be successful at what you do to use.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever heard anybody say size kill? No?
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard somebody say a strength killed? What do they say? Kill? Ojo? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't teach you that, they said, Well he talking no, no, no no no. I can teach you technique to make you faster than what you are.
Speaker 2: But that's in you.
Speaker 1: If you think somebody like got that, you saying boat will always fast, he was always in him. He's found somebody to get it out of him. So now, o Joe, you look at it. We look at guys and they're like, man, what did everybody say? I just ain't nobody saying I want to do twenty four reps. Ain't nobody saying I want to do forty is vertical forty? Everybody say I want to run I want to run four three. I want to run four two because that's what's gonna grab the attention. When Chris Johnson ran that four.
Speaker 4: Two four, yeah yeah, but John.
Speaker 1: Rawss got drafted in the first round because he ran four two two.
Speaker 2: He couldn't stay healthy in college.
Speaker 1: So if you can't, oh Joe, if you can't stay healthy in college, what makes you think you're gonna be able to stay healthy in the NFL?
Speaker 2: Zave be your word.
Speaker 1: Then he goes to run four two one, Oh Joe, whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa moving?
Speaker 4: I got a question?
Speaker 2: And excuse me, Joe.
Speaker 4: Hey, when you watch Xavier Worthy, despite his forty times, doesn't look he doesn't look as explosive when he opened up as Tyreek, look like it's like right now, I'm me gone. But David Worthy ran a faster combine time. But he doesn't look that fast until he gets going on my trip.
Speaker 1: Now he's a bill. He's a building up guy. You know some some car, don't Joe? You just like an electric for his gas. Like if you if anybody out didn't have an electric car, you know you step on it. It doesn't require that spark.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you look at you look at Tyreek.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tyreek looked.
Speaker 1: When you watch Tyreek run, When you watch the very first time, I say, damn, he looked. I said, maybe it's maybe it's gain, I say, but some people just look fast.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Oh, Joe, we see him.
Speaker 1: And it's one thing to like to see a person up closing personal, but to watch somebody from the television and say, damn person. Tyreek looks explosive. You could tell, but you can tell the way he built. Look at look at how compact he is. Look at the muscle, the musculature. You could tell the way he walked. Oh yeah, you could look at certain guys. Oh he could do a backflip or he could Yeah, he could, he could do certain things. That's how Tyreek. Tyreek looks like that exavier. Your worth is fast. But you got to realize that you're word is what one sixty? Tyreek like one real?
Speaker 2: You think?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, he lost he lost weight, he lost he remember he said that he brought weight, so he might be, but Xavi you're worthy, Like what's sixty five?
Speaker 4: You know, Xavi you're worthy. You might remind me of say, the same type of runners style. They have the same gate too, and it looked like they're not running until somebody trying to catch him or the ball is in the air.
Speaker 1: That goddamn tied in Yeah till, yes, yes, yeah, yes you might your I don't know if you remember him.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe James, j James, Yeah, James j Withold Alter.
Speaker 1: On the poor on the four by one that won the gold medal in ninety two at the Olympics.
Speaker 4: Lord have murder, you can.
Speaker 1: Go, because you know, the Raiders always been an They've always They've always had guys that can run fast. They had Willie god who, they had Sam Graddy, who won the silverl medal in the Olympics, was on the poor by four and eighty dot uh. They had Swerven Mervyn for Nan dance. They've always had guys that can fly at that position. You remember when they drafted Darius Darius Hayward bay Ojo because he ran four three to two. Now, catching the football was a problem, running fast was not a problem because you can have all that speed, but if you don't know how to use it and get open Hell's it's used.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, man, it is.
Speaker 1: That's what And I tell people, man, you're not that fans.
Speaker 2: I said. All speed do is get you to the safety faster to get knocked out.
Speaker 1: This this, this, this folk, this four five pour six is plenty fast enough. All you do is to get to that safety. So he dropped the ham on you. But look, you're gonna make mistakes, but think about what you've done. You drafted Jalen Hurts, You drafted Jalen Carter. You drafted Jordan Davis, You Jordan Cooper de John, you drafted Landon Dickerson. Look at the guy you found, Jordan my lotta Look at the guy. Damn, how are you what you want to be? Howard the baseball player that mad that he struck out? He done got three home runs of a double, he's straight out of lambs played appears He's like, Damn, I messed up. But bro, Howie, bro you that Devontae Smith.
Speaker 2: Listen, look at look at the pigs that he's got no joe since he got that.
Speaker 4: Listen, he's playing, He's playing humble obviously, I don't think how you've understands. Listen, I'm not a part of of of NFL officers or or management or gems or people in positions of power. But if anything but Howie and Jeffrey Lourie have done the past what five six years, Hell, they'd have got damn blueprint on how to operate and build a winning team. Yep, I mean to me, look at the defense. Hell, look at the offense. So if if I'm in the NFL and I'm an executive of some sort, hey, we need to piggyback and still what they're doing over here. It's a copycat league anyway, to feel people watching film and stealing stuff that works the previous week on the opponent that you're playing. Hell, they might as well do the same thing.
Speaker 1: It's easy to say they're done. You don't think, Hey, man, I could do that. I might go a cross over the country. But you don't. You're not Beyonce. But man, you see what Mike. You not Michael, You're not Prints, You're not Usher. So it's easy to say this is what you should do, but you're not to be able to do it.
Speaker 2: It's easy to say, man, you see what Howie doing.
Speaker 1: But you ain't got how he's I You don't know how we're looking for when he looks for a particular player. Yeah, it's either saying, man, look at Ozzie and joking how many the Hall of Fames did he draft? Jonathan ed ray Lewis on the I think the all said the hundred that of merchary teat ed read also so he got three guys.
Speaker 2: That's on the hundreds.
Speaker 4: Anniversary teat Hey when you first three.
Speaker 1: Guys, first battle, Hall of Famer. Sons is going to be in the Hall of Fame. Lamar Jackson is gonna be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: The funny thing when I think about is Joe and Joe just said it clear as day earlier. When the lights are on, what do they look like in between those lines on the grass. There's a lot of film on everybody before you're drafted. If I'm yeah, god damn, it's common sense. I don't care what you ran the forty end. Let's say you did run a slow time. How am I gonna knock you when I know what I'm getting When it's time to play the actual game of football.
Speaker 2: The game of football.
Speaker 4: Isn't isn't rare, It's not it's not it's not played in the straight line anyway, This ain't track. Uh So, halving speed is just another great factor to add to what you can do.
Speaker 1: But if you don't, Jerry Right might be this slawyers receive in the Jared Right might be the slayer technical sound.
Speaker 2: Six.
Speaker 4: And he was taking sound. But he had he he had something we call football speed. Football speed is a.
Speaker 1: Difference, and we know it might be destroyed by the back he got. Yeah, so when you look at it, we do. We put a lot of emphasis on speed ojo. But at the end of the day, can you play the game of football? Listen, this ain't the Olympics. Hey, we got Olympians. We're gonna let Noah allows, We're gonna let kei it in there, We're gonna let ride, We're gonna let the handle of that. Can you play football? Because at the end of the day, we play a game called football, and it's not in a straight line. You would have to move, you would have to be You're gonna have to be have to react. And the number one thing, you can't be a frond. Now, look, there's a certain level It's hard to say a player soft because it takes a certain type of cre It takes a certain type of person to play well.
Speaker 4: Not not anymore, not anymore not doing your error, doing my area, it's it's doing my error. It takes a certain level of crazy. The way the game is now where it's favored in, it's handicapped the defense man. You got players out there catching with one hand man in the middle.
Speaker 1: That's why you see all them go across the middle. Hey and take a selfie. You got guys, Hey the game boy did.
Speaker 2: A bus.
Speaker 4: But Joe back boy, Joe backing in two thousands, boy, but in the early two.
Speaker 2: Thousands, across that middle alligator on man.
Speaker 4: Listen is that man? I don't want no party, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: The top ten highest paid NFL players have a combined.
Speaker 2: Zero Super Bowl wins.
Speaker 1: Number one Dak Prescott at sixty million dollars. We got four players tied at number two, Josh Allen, Jordan Love, Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence at fifty five million dollars. We got ta at fifty three point one million dollars. We got two tied at number seven at fifty three million dollars. That's Jerry Goffin brought party and we got Justin Herbert at number nine at fifty two point five and Lamar Jackson at a ripe fifty two. Now Mahomes ain't making that much money. He want to try to keep a team together. He realized, Look, Mahall's supposed.
Speaker 2: To have been making.
Speaker 1: First of all, when they redid my mahon contract after that year he threw what fifty touchdowns with five thousand yards. He was supposed to be making. He was supposed to be making sixty million dollars way back then.
Speaker 4: He chose not to take that much.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: That's that's smart, that's smart.
Speaker 2: That's the tark.
Speaker 1: He realized, like, man, I'm winning at such an early age. If I want any chance to kill at Tom or be thought of in that conversation, I would have to try to keep this thing together as long as I possibly can.
Speaker 2: And that's what he's been able to do.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Plus, they go to him every year and basically like give him, give him.
Speaker 4: His money and say that.
Speaker 1: Then guess what, after this season they'll come back to the table again and give him, give him more money. But anybody, are you surprised by that? Dak's never been to the Super Bowl. Neither is Josh Allen, neither Jordan Love. Joe has been once. Trevor Lawrence hasn't even won a playoff game to us, never been. Jered Goff went, but he went with the Rams party went, but he lost Herbert nor Lamars.
Speaker 3: That's why these teams try to take advantage of having good quarterbacks at a young age to where you're able to fill out the roster. You try to get him on the contracts.
Speaker 2: How James Daniels is over in Washington, Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You get you a young, vibrant quarterback who can kind of lead you, and you can kind of ride and wade. Yeah, and make sure he still has weapons around him and keep the defense solid because they take a lot of the cap man.
Speaker 2: This is ah this.
Speaker 1: Is oh yeah. But that's what happened with Mahomes. But see what happened with Jordan Love is that he had to wait two years. He waited a couple of years ago, Joe, and so now when he plays well, it's.
Speaker 2: Time to pay him.
Speaker 1: So you've missed a couple of those years that you could have got, but you got to pay him Mahomes. Remember Mahomes sat out his rookie his first year because they had out of the smith.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's one year. Okay.
Speaker 1: The next year he goes, They goes to the AFC Championship Game. He wins the MVP, fifty touchdowns, five thousand yards. The next year they come back, they win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Oh damns got to come.
Speaker 1: He didn't hit him over the head like he could have. He's like, I need to keep Kelsey, I need to keep Chris Jones. I need to keep some of these guys in order for us to have a chance to repeat, to get back. And so that's what he's been able to do. I don't regret. It's not my job. I'm not a cappology. You told me to play. I'm all plate shut up and play. Okay, So don't ask me to come down here to help you out with the cap because you told me to shut up and play.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna play. Shut up, go back upstairs and figure it out.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about everybody on that list, they give their team the best chance to win. They give their team the best chance to win despite them not having success or having the Super Bowls that they need. But without them, what would their team be without those quarterbacks and the team that they play for. Whether it be tour who hasn't been there, whether it Bev's Trevor Lawrence on there, yeah, Jim Long or Justin Herbert, what would their teams be without them? I know they command such a high high pay price or whatever whatever you want to call it, but they still give their teams the best chance to win, which is why they pay what they are, even though they haven't won the super Bowl, let alone some haven't you been to the playoffs yet?
Speaker 2: Everybody ain't gonna win no super Bowl.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard, it's not look and people get upset. Joe.
Speaker 1: If everybody want a championship, what's the fun in that? What's the value if everybody has it? There's a reason why they're there're certain certain zip codes, there's certain things that everybody shouldn't have access to, or what's the what's the point in it? What's the point, oh, Joe? If everybody want a super Bowl? So what's the value that? What's the Joe? If everybody wanted the NBA Championship, what's the value that? If everybody got a rig everybody's like, oh yeah, you're great.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, But but I mean it's majority of the teams going to a season, Oh Jo thinking they really got a real chance of winning on I said, they say, I said, the.
Speaker 4: Majority, it's a few.
Speaker 1: It's about it's about, oh Joe, what you think about eighteen Maybe not.
Speaker 4: Even sixty eight, that's too many. Maybe six sixteens. I'm about legitimate every single season, no matter what, come hell of high water, they actually have a chance to go Super Bowl. Ravens, Bills, Packers.
Speaker 2: Now with their play.
Speaker 4: I said, did I mention Ravens Eagles Ravens, Yeah, yep, Bengals simply because of the offense. Now, I'm not sure what that defense is gonna do. They they can get to the playoffs if they you already know what they need to do this. It got to be one more Detroit. Okay, you might have been eight, because I gotta throw the Rams in there as well.
Speaker 1: I mean, the question is fourth quarter, six minutes left in the ball game, your quarterback? Can you count on it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Because okay, you said, okay, you named the but you named a bunch of teams. But now come fourth quarter, now, six minutes of less.
Speaker 2: In the ball game. How much do you trust your quarterback?
Speaker 1: So now the game, Joe, that's now you got clutch situation in the last five minutes, go overin.
Speaker 2: Five Now, who can we count them? It ain't any but few. It ain't but a few.
Speaker 1: Quarterbacks because they at that point time about you ain't nobody to tell you. Nobody, man, man, I make sixty million, I make fifty five million. You ain't thinking about none of that, not only when you are the other field. I can honestly say, I don't know how you guys, but I can honestly say I ain't never thought about how much I was making when I was on the field.
Speaker 2: For what.
Speaker 4: Any matter of fact, if you thought like that, you probably would making that kind of money because you're focusing in the wrong place.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thank you, right, But I have thought about some other guys on the field making that kind of money, like how yeah, how about here, you like a drum? We need to switch salaries?
Speaker 2: And it ain't.
Speaker 3: But it's guys. It's guys who think like that. Though you know, they come out and liked making this amount of money. Oh yeah, I got to come out and put it. Do a job on him. You know, just to show that you know a man's equal better than him, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it too, uncle, it also goes to say, all the teams that are always in contention every year, you notice every last one of those teams have a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not in today's game.
Speaker 1: You know, we had this conversation, oh yo, about a week or two ago, and you say, you ain't got no chance, But y'all want the super Bowl with Trent Dilfer. They don't play by the same roam. Yeah, they're not. They're not gonna let y'all do. They're not gonna let a defense do what the Ravens defense did back then. I'm talking about it today. I'm talking about it today's game. The way you can't punish the receiver.
Speaker 4: Put a new quarterback, it'd be a flag on every play. You know, somebody had a nerd to do to today. Unto it's been a debate going on who is better the two thousand raven defense or the Legion of Boom. I mean, man, what was y'all? Was y'all just born? And what are they talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to know whose debate.
Speaker 4: That's I answered? I answered there is no debate. Rap what do we talk about one of the best defensive of all time.
Speaker 1: Leod history in the history and the history leading the.
Speaker 2: Boom was good.
Speaker 4: They were nice. Now they was nice. Yes, come on, man, come on now, don't.
Speaker 2: The Ravens group was just a little different.
Speaker 4: What There was no weakness. They're very There are very few defenses that you're going to face that has no weakness on all three levels. There was no weakness.
Speaker 1: You couldn't run, You wasn't running the ball, and they didn't blitz. So they're coming to get you with four and I guess it's come to get you.
Speaker 4: Joe. How many? Uh? Tell Joe to the stat line against the Giants the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: All the put putt put interception game over m Yeah they had they had less than two hundre yards offense and it wasn't It wasn't even close, Joe. I know people at home didn't like it because it was it was like three plays punt, four plays, punt, five plays pick.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't game a lot different now though that was a yes, Yes, that was a that's a transcendent. That's a historically great defense. When you go back and look at the numbers. Just on the numbers. They didn't give up one hundred and night points. The entire season is crazy.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, you couldn't replicate. If you was on the video game playing Madden, you couldn't replicate.
Speaker 2: Here's the Giants.
Speaker 1: The Giants first five possessions punt to six excuse me, six possessions, five plays punt, Uh, one place punt. That's oh no, no, that's yards, that's yards. Let me take that back, let me take you Okay, three plays punt, three plays, punt, five plays punt, three plays punt, three plays punt, three plays punt, two plays, pick, nine plays punt, three plays interception, five plays interception, three plays punt, one play interception.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Then they ran the kickback. Then they went three plays for no yards, punt, three plays mount of four yards, punt, zero plays, they fumble. They punted on three plays, and then they number was stingy, wasn't it? Huh?
Speaker 2: So they three six? Oh yeah, there was? It was. You was on this team, right, so what was Yes? That was that was my brother? Yes? What was what was practiced like against the defense? What we were playing like? That's what it looked like. What what what it looked like we did. That would have looked like.
Speaker 1: Unless somebody blew aside and I was able to sleep down in the middle or something was no scoring going on.
Speaker 5: Man, Hell, if you told somebody that that didn't know football, they wouldn't even believe that that was a real game.
Speaker 4: Hey, well, you got me in tears. Boy, when they got their.
Speaker 1: Hell dog, they put it eleven times, they threw four picks and had a fumble.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 3: I know them boys used to be talking so much trans probably doing games they had pranked all huh yes, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, they they get a and Joe your give me give me the analogy. Give me this in basketball terms. I understand the football term. Give it to me in basketball terms. Something something relevant or or equal to that domination in that game.
Speaker 2: Man, I would have to give it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm thinking, but I would have to give it to the Detroit Pistons when they played the Lakers, the Kobe and Shaq Lakers.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 3: There's four oh four? I had I did not see Detroit competing. Man, Detroit handled them boys. Oh Joe, you hear me?
Speaker 4: Wait, they swept them.
Speaker 1: Nah, they ain't sweeping. They ain't sweeping, gentlemen. Sweet, but did they win one game?
Speaker 2: They did?
Speaker 1: Remember Kobe hit that three to say it the overtime and they ended up winning an overtime. They lost Game one, they won Game two. Would we hit the three home court advantage?
Speaker 3: Oh joe man, boys, Hey, hey, that'll be a tough team man with Ben Wallace ain't in their defense.
Speaker 2: In the middle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had she she crazy ass.
Speaker 3: To Tayshaun Prince, Rial Hamilton, Chauncey billis like they played defensively. They had individuals who can move their feed and play like Tayshawn was a he was what you would call a defensive stopper.
Speaker 2: Ben Wallace is what you would call a defensive stopper.
Speaker 1: But collectively as a team, man, they was on the stream that they were sink like you know, they understood their signing, you know what I mean? Like you were gonna get no easy buckets against them, dudes, man, none.
Speaker 2: Man one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Eighty eight points in twenty games. That's what the Ravens gave. I just had to get some on the board. Offense gets some on the ball.
Speaker 2: You're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah we got Hey, if we got a boat y'all seven and we didn't turn it over you doing it was over.
Speaker 4: Wait, I'm confused the Lakers. Lakers was shocking Kobe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, yeah, they beat the breaks off shaking Kobe. Oh tell what none nigga do too? But that was that was That's what like when shaking Kobe was at there, they were like they was ready to be done, but they were still They was because Kobe had APIX though. They was they was oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, but you know, shot shock, you know, wanted to get paid. Doctor Buss was ready to turn it over to Kobe. Kobe had the thing, had he had what he had going on, Doctor.
Speaker 2: Buss like, you know what, I'm done with it. They ended up trading Shaq to Miami, ohamn, right after they lost, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ohtoe, they had already won. I think they had won three three prior to that, and Detruth was just yeah, they won ninety nine, two thousand and two thousand and one the Spurs one O two they lost. They lost it, oh three to uh that's what you know.
Speaker 4: So you telling me Kobe and Shaq actually stuck together, they could have probably won more than three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, probably Yeah, stayed on the same page. I think. So, yeah, you want stopping them too, man, But you got to understand.
Speaker 1: You had it was like, had they been like Kobe, had they been like Magic and Kareem didn't really care who got the credit and who team it was? Yes, they probably they probably Shaq probably obviously rested. So Kobe will tell you what. They probably should have won like at least five maybe. Yeah, they were that good because it's the perfect situation. It's a guard and a big but but but Kobe wasn't taking the banks.
Speaker 2: You had.
Speaker 1: That's the thing, see Magic, because you got to understand Magic came in as a twenty year old. Kareem won the MVP that season. Magic was the number one overall pick Magic's finals m VP CAP what you need?
Speaker 2: What you want? Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: It was pat Riley with the Magic later in his career and say, hey, he called Magic Buck young Buck. He said, Buck, I needed I need you to score more. You know what, Magic asking me. You talked to Cap about that? You you cleared that with Cap? Yeah, I talked to him. Okay, say no more, Hey, Kobe, whatever you're gonna get right here, Kobe, Kobe mindset was Kobe is an assassin. Kobe is a cold blooded killer, and it ain't nothing. Hey, well, we just say go win there because I will do what I'm gonna do. Yeah, I will get I will get it. But that's what you have to have. That's what you have to have happened, is that you have to have guys willing to sacrifice. I don't care, I don't care who TV is. Whoever get the credit, they get the credit.
Speaker 2: Blow.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like the Patriots. You're probably never going to see that again, O Joe. Not twenty years. You got twenty years of dominance. You got twenty years, nine super Bowl appearances, six wins. Let that sink in. So basically every other year, Oh Joe, they damn near in the super Bowl. If the if just think about it. If there is no archer in Olivia Manning, how.
Speaker 2: Many Super Bowls does Bratty have appearances?
Speaker 1: Peyton beat him three times in the AMC Championship Game, Eli beat him twice in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That man might have ten twelve rings.
Speaker 4: Crazy, that's crazy, so, o Joe.
Speaker 1: Terry McLaurin has been around the team for meetings and off field activities, but Office Coordinated Cliff Kingsbury said time on tasks together on the grass is the only way to continue to build and that makes it about time for on field work to start. I don't know exactly how much you can get out of that. I think we're kind of at the point of where you need to start getting those guys when they're available out there in jailing to see where we are.
Speaker 2: As an offense.
Speaker 1: More n now you know Terry mclaurdy has hid, his representative has their number. I believe the commanders have a number that they're probably willing to go to that. Joe, I don't believe they are.
Speaker 4: Damn, what's the number? That is it disrespectful?
Speaker 1: I mean I saw some reports they say twenty eight to thirty and he wants to be DK. He wants to be north to thirty three.
Speaker 4: We can do thirty, We can do thirty, We could do thirty.
Speaker 2: Hey, So okay, o, Joe, what's this gonna do with with the young boy?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What what is top top receiving weapon? What's gonna do for him? Man? We need it out there.
Speaker 1: And that's what Cliffs said, We need to get jailed all this with what we can be we need guys on the field. We don't even have him on the field, let alone not played in the preseason.
Speaker 4: He's not even on the field practicing at all, No nothing, Him and Mike in the same boat. Hell Trey Henderson too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think those are unfortunates, man, Those are the unfortunates of professional sports, obviously football, because it's so glaring, you know what I mean, Like, you know, you know Danie's is definitely gonna need uh need him. Yeah, that'm not going to be successful. So I don't know, man, I don't know what these owners be thinking about.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I was thinking that, you know, this stuff will get disputed, get settled, you know, before the season started.
Speaker 2: But we down to what one more one more game? That's it. They pull on them, Joe, they do y'all like this too.
Speaker 4: What's that in the NBA When it's time to get paid, they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we don't want to Nah, they don't do that. They don't do that pfference.
Speaker 3: But it don't happen the way football, like, you know, it don't necessarily lingers over to camp. When camps start, you already pretty much settled into what you got going now. You could be on your last year and your deal and want a new contract and you may not get it, but you ain't gonna be holding.
Speaker 4: Out right, Okay, okay, Oh, they won't do that to you.
Speaker 1: Nah, then the boy boys ain't gonna be Joe. The top players go get the top players getting the max. I mean it ain't what what what are we doing with shape? We're gonna give them the max? Your kitch like, nah, I ain't ready to sign on our side next year.
Speaker 2: I won't see what y'all gonna do. You see, Luca Lucas says, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'll do three years and twenty eight, I'll be able to get I'll be able to be the first eighty million dollars. So I mean, you see guys guys getting five years one twenty five guys getting five years. Then that's like standing right now, O Joe five and Arster Reeves turned down like fifteen to twenty million the year he like, I woke thirty here because.
Speaker 3: He know he gonna be able to get it. I want to know what what we're doing over here for the Hawks. I see, Uh, Trey ain't got no new contract. He going into this season on Uh on this final year his deal. Yeah, Tray, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm surprised by that. You don't know what they don't know what they're doing. Now, Joe, I'm sitting back like everybody else. I'm waiting to see him because I'll been what's a max deal for help? A max deal for help? Gotta be some you know, him and Luca was in the same draft class that actually got traded for one another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but let me ask you this, has he been an All NBA selection? Uh? He should have been looking he should have been a look at Trey Young's stats. You can go parents three years, four or five years. I'm saying from make from a point guard standpoint ojo. He makes the guys around him better. He's led the league and assists that goes unnoticed. I don't know why, but it goes unnoticed so much. I mean, he does so much for this team, you know. Uh, it just it don't make no.
Speaker 2: Sense to me.
Speaker 1: It's like if you if you end up losing Trey, I mean, I don't know what you plan on doing. I don't know who you will get. You know what I'm saying, like the star panel that he has here and that he brings and uh, you know, I just look forward to the Hawks being I look forward to the Hawks being the top five team this year.
Speaker 2: Okay with you in the Eastern Conference got five? Yeah, well wait you who they signed out? Any we got?
Speaker 3: Uh? They get Portzingers. They when they got the kid from Minnesota, Alexandra.
Speaker 1: Uh, okay, and then and then you hope the growth and then we had Jalen Johnson back, who's been who was injured pretty much all last year, and you hope the growth and maturity of the young guys they catch on at a faster paced dice.
Speaker 3: And I mean they got they got some great pieces. Man, it's wide opening the East this year. Yeah, we got you. I'm gonna be a f the heat. But I believe Detroit is gonna be better. I believe Detroit would be better. Uh, the Knicks is gonna be there.
Speaker 1: Uh, the Celtics, the Celtics, I think they take a step back.
Speaker 2: Cleveland. I think Cleveland will be there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Pacers go take a step back, No Halle, No, Miles Garrett, I mean Miles Turner. I think they take a step back. So you're back. You could be right, because Bill, we're gonna be better than Miami. We got Miami this year, Old Joe, the Heat, Yeah, we got you all this year. Bro.
Speaker 4: Listen, No, no disrespect to Atlanta, No disrespect to the Hawks and their players. Come on, Joe, don't don't do that. The boys ain't The boys ain't talk about nothing. Man, what you mean, Jordan got you said better than the Heat?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: You talk about hold on, you talk about pat Riley Eric Spolster Heat. All right, Okay, you won't, but you won't bet nothing making light on yourself.
Speaker 2: Brother, and you already you already in the whole.
Speaker 4: Now we need to oh yeah, oh, a hundred dollars, Joe, Oh you one hundred dollars, Like, come on, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just saying, Man, if I had to put up somewhere, I could be drawn. Honey, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, I get that hundred to work on your wife.
Speaker 2: I got you, oh man, Okay, okay, Oh Joe, Joe.
Speaker 1: The Browns will evaluate Dylan gabriels ham string Saturday morning, but they're optimistic the rookie will start the preseason game against the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Per Jeremy Fowler.
Speaker 1: Gabriel stranged this hamstring on all this second and didn't return to full participation in practice until this week. Joe flack O, can it picket its? Your doorers will not play this week. Your door will hurt and wears the joint practice and could return to practice next week and play in the preseason finale.
Speaker 2: Now what do we expect to know?
Speaker 4: What Dan gave her to play? I ain't trying to hear them by no hamstrings and all that. You ain't that fast, You're not that exposed to anywhere. I need you to get out there and compete. I want to see.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to see what you look like without the green and without the green and gold on. I want to see what you look like and that brown when the lights is on, when that pressure is on, you know, especially after what your Door was able to do. You were the third round pick. I need you to go out there and show me why you were the third round pick. That's it, Hey, I wish you nothing but the best, but I want to see it.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, old Joe. I want to see some I need to. We need to be able to put something on film so where we can look at it in as sense and be like, Okay, we've seen some bright spots, We've seen some not so bright spots, but we we need to have something we can go off of. Hey, look, it's mind be funny to me, man, all these guys having these hamstring injuries. You know, I know, the hamstring in the back. You can't detect that. You know, I'd have been around guys who don't play hooky on on some of these injuries.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I mean it's a situation where like the mechanics, I mean a lot of it might be fatigued, you might be dehydrated, Your mechanics might be off.
Speaker 2: I mean the body.
Speaker 4: I know one thing. Too many players are getting hurt. Too many players again, you see what them talking about. Well, we talk about nutrition and we talk about diet and doing all this stuff that that really has no bearings or yeah, playing this type of sport. You see what I mean. We got Kenny pick and hamstring. We got something wrong with Dylan Gabriel with his hamstring. I'm telling what these NFL t you need to do on I'm telling what they need to do. What's that you need to bring me in? And I have a plan. I can do everything with a PowerPoint presentation. Keep these fellas and stopped them from getting hurt. Okay, the game has changed, right, The NFL is protecting the players now more today than ever. I played during the error where it was, it was, it was there. It was a fire and squad out there when you're playing football. I managed to do it for eleven years with no injuries, none, zero zilch, not a pull, not a not a not a strain out of nothing. So obviously I did something right that can help these young bulls with that's playing today's game. How you hurt and it's preseason? We just you just got the camp two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: You obleak.
Speaker 4: I don't know where the goddamn oblique at.
Speaker 2: Joe Hey, that seem that see me you throwing motion. I can see how he kind of tweet that. Can you You can't see that, Joe, Yes, that's a very common injury for a quarter though. You sign.
Speaker 4: I got something for that.
Speaker 2: I got for that.
Speaker 4: I can have you do it back in two days. He tak about your bleak. Hurt boy, get you some get you some vixed vapor rub right, Get you some vix vapor rub rub it on the area where you heard at right, Get your candle wax. Light a candle and let it melt a little bit. Take the wax and put the wax in on the area.
Speaker 2: It's gonna sizzle.
Speaker 4: It's gonna hurt when it first hits you, though, But that mixture of vixed vapor rub and that candle wax candle wax is gonna pull all that, all that swelling and everything that hurt.
Speaker 1: Please do not tell you right up out of there. I'm telling you that man didn't even know what old bleak was at. Well, he got a whole ready, but now he got a rety for it.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. I didn't know where it was at, but I know how to cure the area.
Speaker 2: Okay, because it's a strain.
Speaker 4: It must be a strain or a pool, and I got something for that.
Speaker 2: You ain't.
Speaker 1: I just think the guy. I think the guy. I don't think the guys take enough time off. These guys trading every They don't get it by their chance to rest.
Speaker 4: Turning up man when when the football season. No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they turned up, but they be out there training. Hey, look, bro, take take two bus off. I want to I do I want to see these quarterbacks. I'm gonna be honest with y'all. I want to see them in a little better shape, y'all, like you know, I'm no.
Speaker 2: The worst shape they in, the better they could throw the p Nah. Why you say that. You ever see Peyton Maddy with his shirt off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know, man, John Brady.
Speaker 3: Were different games, l Way Brito the doing quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Nowadays these do a quarterback, so they gonna need to be in the least shape to be able to do both. They're in shape, but from from here to waste, he got.
Speaker 2: Tighten it up. They got to tighten it up. Nah, you got they got to tighten it up.
Speaker 4: Man. I'm getting boys, right man, I'm gonna getting them boyd.
Speaker 2: Nah.
Speaker 1: They don't want. They don't want. They don't want, no tight shoulders. They don't want no by they.
Speaker 2: Want to try. They got no albs. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Because they got to be able to throw that but they gotta be able to spend that ball. They can't have no tight shoulders. It's like a baseball, like a picture. They don't do nothing nothing about it. You see you look at pictures. What picture you ever see with the abs.
Speaker 2: Hm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You gotta be fluid through there. That's why they good at golf. Yeah, the best who are who are the best players at golf? Quarterbacks mm hmm, baseball players, basketball players. Because they don't have all this, they're not tight.
Speaker 3: I ain't saying they gotta be bench pressing four hundred squad and six hundred. I'm just saying, man, they gotta he gotta tighten up a little bit.
Speaker 4: You just gave me an idea too. Hey, Joe, you got to come with me, and I'm gonna start a show like like streaming right yeah that uncle, but it'll be the Adventures to Uncle Oo and Joe.
Speaker 3: Okay, because hey, hello, hold up, because like I said, hey, hey, cut me in and cut it.
Speaker 2: Out, all right, Joe? That yat, Joe, we're gonna be the left behind.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I get this little I get this little splint thing took off my leg on twenty night.
Speaker 2: I'm out here with the Shakers and movie Babe. I'm outside what we're doing.
Speaker 4: We're doing all kinds of stuff that that people normally wouldn't be able to see us do fishing, you know, just doing like you know, crazy stuff like I'm just I'm just mentioned golf. Hell, shoot, I don't. I don't played golf with Tiger Woods before.
Speaker 2: Let me show you.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, I can golf. Now, look at the swing.
Speaker 2: Can you see me?
Speaker 4: Look at the shoulder, Yeah, we see you. Yeah, I look at my shoulders. My shoulders a parallel with the feet. Okay, yeah, home the club, all the club like that. Okay, I just check check my technique.
Speaker 1: Out now, all right, I'm looking. Oh no, yeah, you broke the risks at the top. Your wrists broke at the top.
Speaker 4: This Why watch how you break watch my risks.
Speaker 2: No, they ain't gonna get it.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, Now, o Joe, this bottom, this bottom stay, it's got to stay straight.
Speaker 2: He got it. That's outside that inside homeong gotta stay straight, my brother, Joe, look at you. Look at your left arm. Wait, huh.
Speaker 1: The left that's the bottom arm. You're right hand, the golfer. The left arm needs to stay straight through the motion.
Speaker 2: Hey yeah, Hey, yeah, y'all, left, y'all. Let me know where y'all want to get on the golf course. Because O Joe sweet, I know I got him for the show.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, Joe, A Joe A I had and on one set and I played eighteen holes, right, I egle four times?
Speaker 2: Ho long?
Speaker 4: What in one day?
Speaker 2: You all the time? Yeah?
Speaker 4: At Augustae and I was in Georgia. I was in Georgia. It was me Scotti Scheffler Tiger Wars and his buddy named me Roy mcerone one Roy one boy. It was the other one.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe John one John d J.
Speaker 4: John Wrong.
Speaker 2: It was John Keegan Bradley.
Speaker 4: I meet me and John follow each other on Twitter.
Speaker 2: It was John Hotel.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm I'm a hell of Joe. You see that guy on the lift. He shot fifty nine with a double bogie. What got shot fifty nine with a double fifty nine with a double bogey. He went on the birdie thirteen to the last fourteen.
Speaker 4: Well he liked me. Yeah, man, man can't go who Hey, hey, I show you my club right now. My clubs right here in the closet.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I got some club. But I don't know why we talked my brother. Are we talking though? Sizing man the table in the ping pong tournament?
Speaker 4: Come on, man, Oh here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh effort rails started.
Speaker 4: Man, don't get him started.
Speaker 2: Be Minnesota fans, be WILLI Besco.
Speaker 4: I'm Joe Un and I mean no disrespect. I love y'all to death. Man, but there are three things in life you might be able to be. You might be able to outdo me, and other things the other sports. You know, things that you guys are more accustomed to or to come to ping pong, when it comes to pool, and when it comes to bowling. Please stay within your lane, man, please.
Speaker 2: I already know I'm the best in the house with the shoot.
Speaker 4: You don't even got no pool stick stick. I got a personal pools stick.
Speaker 2: They used to talk.
Speaker 4: They used to call me sugar cane. Man. What you talking about? My pool stick looked like a look like a sugar cane.
Speaker 2: I know one thing, boy, y'all showed talking a good game.
Speaker 4: Boy, I'm not talking a good game. I used to be at the pool hall on fifty fourth and twelfth Avenue down here in Miami.
Speaker 2: Ain't not for real. We got a link up for like a little pool tournament a pink. I'm gonna tell you. I know both of you better know y'all sweet. I can tell I can.
Speaker 4: Tell they got they got to pool the Magic City, all right? Now, okay, well we can put one in there, because that's what we need to go.
Speaker 2: I could call magic to see, but I don't think. I don't think I called magic.
Speaker 4: Let's put a pool table in there so we you know, we can have some food, we can use our perfew vision, and we can play pool.
Speaker 2: No, I need to concentrate what we what we playing? Joe? What we playing?
Speaker 1: We played a ball? Yeah, hey, math because I like yo, cause you do. I play nine ball. I play five and nine. That's where we do something. Five five dollars on the five and tell them time something. I'm not gonna play no silly games with y'all. Okay, we will tell y'all up some cat bragging you do not, Joe?
Speaker 4: You too tall?
Speaker 2: You too tall? I know you want that's my advantage.
Speaker 4: Ain't no advantage. You got your Do you have your own pool stick?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, you wt me show it.
Speaker 4: To you mine right here. I told you what they called me growing up. They called me sugarcane cause my poolstick like a sugarcane.
Speaker 2: This ain't man, y'all.
Speaker 4: Do man?
Speaker 2: What kind of stick you? You gotta break yours down? Or it's just like one.
Speaker 4: I gotta I gotta break it down mine mine.
Speaker 2: You can break it? I got I got what?
Speaker 4: Uh what?
Speaker 2: I break down mine? Coming three?
Speaker 4: My my stick coming three. That's how I know.
Speaker 3: Hey, Chad, this is gonna be sweet, Chad, and yeah, we got we gotta we got sweet.
Speaker 2: Ain't that sweet? Ain't that sweet? I don't miss o infra red. Don't play, Joe, stop with me, Stop playing Joe. How you want me to do it? How you want me to know it? Joe? How you Joe?
Speaker 4: That's some twenty dollars sticks from Dick Sporting Gil Joe, I got, that's twenty dollars from dis Man.
Speaker 1: I beat you with a dog feeling while you are there, bubble your gup. I get a booze Dicky. Beat your hands.
Speaker 2: So Joe.
Speaker 4: Talking about you and beat us? Nah, man, he can't play man. He got that cheap twenty dollars Dick Spoort and good pool stick man.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, tighten up, man, I tell you what I get a better them when you pay some money. OUI he said, my look at Joe, the lost look at it. Look at Joe? What where a man?
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 2: Why you have to talk? You see how you over there talk Joe? You see how you over there talking? Oh that is winning? You say? How you over there talking?
Speaker 4: Joe Hey? Just because you're the poolsticks coming to at Dick's bonny girls, they cost thirty dollars, like, come on, you know they don't the pool.
Speaker 2: Sticking that dig don't coach that did not They are floing Q no, no, no, hey, I get a bruise thinking for them. Joe, Hey, Look, I don't ready.
Speaker 4: Know what you got. You gotta call your shots out too.
Speaker 2: You gotta call your shots out.
Speaker 4: Call that poll number and the pocket right.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, that'slutely really absolutely, God, y'all know, I got on shore. I got on.
Speaker 2: Y'all on that da.
Speaker 1: Y'all just think I'm in this thing bootball, Yo, I would sit down, I got I got over the I got a but here. Hey, best in the house being there for rails. Hey, we're gonna play play Twitter games. He beat me, He beat me like thirteen seven?
Speaker 2: When was this.
Speaker 3: Probably about Twitter? Youber you remember that thing we were talking about rhythm and timing. Yeah, I don't know, y'all probably ain't been shooting that much. You know, I shoot pretty often. I ain't, No, I ain't, No, dude, just off the street. Ain't never heard a pool stick. Now, I grew up in this thing.
Speaker 4: There are three things that don't leave home without my credit cards, my car keys, and my pool stick. It's always in the car. It's always in the car. I keep that thing on me. I keep that thing on me.
Speaker 2: Man, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Man, y'all, don't play. Y'all just talking about something that you like to do as a hobby. Come on, man, like I really do this.
Speaker 2: Bad. Look here I do. I could be Look ought you're not going to beat me shooting pool but I will you not either, Joe.
Speaker 4: See, this is kind of stuff. This is kind of stuff we have to have on the stream. You know, Hey, Joe, I consent that. And yeah, extreme like you don't have one for the older folks, the older man, we don't have nothing. Nobody's tapped into that space. So yo, we have our own show call that Ventures of Uncle Joe and Ocho and just us doing all us doing all stuff that grown like playing dominoes like said he this, say, but yeah, I can see all that all the good stuff.
Speaker 2: Holldo you're trying to play jokes?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Come on, now, what y'all want to do?
Speaker 4: Man? So now I guess you could beat us in tongue too, Yes, man, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, tunk ain't no team game, ojo. I just want you to know.
Speaker 4: Everybody listen to him about Tom, we might as well add the goddamn dominoes to and add on.
Speaker 1: I don't play no dominoes, but I play, I can play check and you play. Well, listen, we have to see your own roof first, because everybody ain't got the same rule.
Speaker 4: We're playing the old school rules me. I am not playing all this new stuff they be talking about today. I'm playing the old schools I used to play back in the day.
Speaker 1: What's what's the old school rules? So you dropped, so you drop it down, reverse, you drop it down skill.
Speaker 4: Of course, that's that's if you if you if you drop a draw too, and I'm supposed to, and I have a draw to to, I can I can drop that too right on top of it. Yeah, yeah, you know, I play the simple the simple rules. All that new stuff they coming up with, Man, they listen, they gentifying, you know, that's what they've done.
Speaker 2: They gentrified know. Yeah, but I know I know I beat all the pools, that's for sure.