Speaker 1: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 2: Is Laurena Rosa with the latest with Laurna Rosa on Black Effects and I cannot wait to see you guys at the fourth Annual Black Effect Podcast Festival. Okay, we're coming back to Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, April twenty fifth at Palman Yards and it's hosted by me alongside DJ MV and Charlotta Magnea.
Speaker 1: God. We got Drink Chance of Noriega and DJAFM.
Speaker 2: We gotta keep it positive, Sweetye with My Girl, Christopher Nate Haslin. We got Reality with the King with My Guide and my brother Carlos King, and y'all know he does reality commentary like nobody can.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We also have Don't Call Me White Girl, the podcast I Love Mona and Club five twenty podcasts, along with the Grits and Eggs podcast. So this lineup stack Baby, turn Up.
Speaker 1: You're also gonna want.
Speaker 2: To check out the panels that we have lined up too, Feature and Cab on Stage, Pika Sumpter and John Holpe Bryant just to name a few. Of course, it's way bigger than podcast. We're bringing the Black Effect marketplace with black owned businesses, but the food truck court to keep you fed while.
Speaker 4: You visit us.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, you don't want to miss this. Tap in and grab your ticket down at blackafpec dot Com Flash Podcast yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's up, y'all? What's going on? Brother? He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey Hanks is your boy in o R? He's a Miami hip hop pioneer? What Up is dj E f N?
Speaker 3: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: The most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drunk facts.
Speaker 1: This is Drinks chap Rader Way. Every day is New Year's Eve. That's hey, Nan Seguia, it's your boy in R? What Up? Is dj E f N? And this Drinks Chants motherfucking podcast? And when we started this podcast ef N, we said that.
Speaker 6: We want to give love to our legends.
Speaker 1: We want to give love to people.
Speaker 6: That sometimes has been forgotten about or sometimes because you get to a certain level or you do so much things people say but that's.
Speaker 1: In hip hop. We got to change that. We actually Rolling Stones goes on tour right now. What's the nigga name them?
Speaker 6: Niggas they go on tour right now, why is hip hop not celebrated in the same exact way. The older you get and then you know what the crazy shit is.
Speaker 3: The older you get, they accept you more in Europe.
Speaker 1: Like in Europe, but this is the birthplace of hip hop.
Speaker 6: So right now, I am so privileged, so happy to big up two brothers that I want to put in the hip Hop Hall of Fame me personally, because I feel like hip hop needs a Hall of fame.
Speaker 1: Fuck this rock and roll Hall of Fame. Bullshit, We ain't rock and roll.
Speaker 3: We gotta relax, even though even though even though it is it is actually like it is like like a big up to be in a rock and roll all but we said with Russell, holler at me, Russell, because I feel like we should do a hip hop Hall of Fame. And if the hip hop Hall of Fame, what's to happen these two brothers.
Speaker 1: This is right here from the Bronx, because I'm gonna have a Bronx. Guy. I know the world don't know that we're gonna, We're gonna, We're gonna, we'renna establish that today.
Speaker 6: These two brothers chi LEI first off the first child star in hip hop period period.
Speaker 1: I've seen this man come up. I thought it was quart of weekend. In my mind, you're not good here. I don't know what. You're not good here. I don't know, I don't know. You definitely make some way. I'm gonna get to that.
Speaker 6: And then this other brother that stay right outside me, to the right of me. I see his hunger, I seen his struggle. I seen him battle artist on the street. Then I seen him have an unfortunate situation and he never complained about it. And that's one of the most beautifulest things is that you could have complained about it, and you could have been like, fuck, it could have been better, but you didn't.
Speaker 1: And you know what, Chili and my song is.
Speaker 3: Nothing else I would love to do is to big y'all brothers up right.
Speaker 1: Now and R drink chaff DJ. I gotta get I gotta go straight to you because.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say controversy, but I want to say that.
Speaker 1: It has been a recent interview.
Speaker 6: Right A brother says something and you re buddled that statement. But the most be the fust thing about what you did was you never hated.
Speaker 1: You just was honest and you spoke your.
Speaker 3: Opinion and real niggas world why.
Speaker 1: Text each other and say you see mice. I don't know if you got to text and I got to text. So what I want to ask you is what made you take that stand because you don't have to do that. It just you know, like you said, man, real niggas worldwide.
Speaker 3: I think like people keep saying real Niggas is back, and like we was having a conversation, like we never really went nowhere. But the problem is is that most of us are silent. We just don't even see the need to check you that we know it's fake because we don't realize that the rest of the world don't.
Speaker 1: Know it's fake. You're right because they've been fed fake shit so long that they've it's real.
Speaker 3: So me watching this and then actually you reading comments and people are like, Yo, this is the really ship you And I'm reading this and I'm like, how could this like what is real about this to you? Like somewhere somewhere along the way there's been some type of the translation got sucked up. For what really translation the real translation is fucked up.
Speaker 1: So I felt like being PM, I got fun job to stop you. But what's that a real Champagne Nigga ship right there? Not a spell, not all.
Speaker 5: Didn't look at the grap look at the graph that you know, I've been a pais, you know, continued, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: That was a big myself. You know, for a second I thought I thought I was gonna do that. We need Yes, it's called you got to learn this and you can't bring.
Speaker 4: You about it because you know what the most important part about it was, Mice.
Speaker 1: Was I looked in your eyes, looked at your face, and I looked at every time you spoke, and it was not hate. This was not hate.
Speaker 3: But that's that's the new word for you just expressing some ship when you're not when you go against the status disagreement, when you disagree that it's just the dumbest shit in the world. I asked people like you hate you hating, And I'm like, okay, so what are you doing when you coming on what I'm saying. You have an opinion about what I say, and you have the right to express that. I don't think you hating. You got your opinion. You don't even know me, never see me a day in life. But something I said made you feel like you needed to respond. So why you feel someway about me feeling the same way you.
Speaker 1: Feel, That's because of the platform that you're doing. That's what the thing is.
Speaker 3: The platform that I'm doing makes me more valid because I actually know the people I'm talking about. I actually have interacted, I actually know what I'm dealing with. You just coming on here, never seen me, never met me, don't know nothing about me, and you have an opinion about me. You understand what I'm saying, So that's just it's just it's a it's a smoke screen. You understand I'm saying. People don't want to be checked on shit, So you know, it becomes you hate. I hate this when you don't have a you don't even have a reason for something. But like, yo, you like this, but not why not?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just don't like it.
Speaker 3: Now, that's now I can see why, because you can't even give me a reason why you don't need something. But when I can tell you, no, no, I don't like it because it don't sound good, it don't look good, I don't like the color, it don't fit me right, Like I'm giving you a reason now whether you agree with my reason.
Speaker 1: That's up to you. That's up to you, but it ain't no hat. This is actually just me giving your opinion, and that's who we we get teen it on.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of real quote unquote real niggas don't even want to deal with that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They just say theyself, you know what I know.
Speaker 3: Real If y'all want to believe that shit, cool, but they don't understand. It's like being in jail in a fake nigga come in the house, right he hes squirrel the niggas and you like, I'm just gonna stay in my cue.
Speaker 1: He got about twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, But if the real niggas didn't start checking him, the rest of the fake niggas start coming.
Speaker 1: And next to you allow your cue because.
Speaker 3: These niggas done took over the day room all type of shit, because now you don't allow them to do that. So it's like at the same in jail nigga walk in. Look, this is how we run this house.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: You can't do you do that bozo shit. You gotta get out of here. And that's how we got to do a hip hop again, I forget you know what I'm saying. We gotta start checking niggas because now now.
Speaker 1: We follow us.
Speaker 3: You know, before we was young and we just now we father us and our kids start questioning us. Were like, Dad, you're not like such and such as world. He's like, what that ain't even No, no, no, no, I'm not gonna let y'all do that none, because y'all haven't.
Speaker 1: When y'all have that.
Speaker 3: Platform, y'all have a control over what goes on the whole culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, so I can't allow your cancers did infect the culture, not on my watch.
Speaker 1: You know what, hip hop appreciate you. Real niggas appreciate you.
Speaker 6: And just in life, everybody should appreciate your stance that you took because mind you, I'm a part of the new generation too, like I go to the.
Speaker 3: Clubs, I like, I love egos, sous bad.
Speaker 1: But now so now, Ali.
Speaker 6: Chi Ali, you're one of the very fortunate people that actually you look twenty years old.
Speaker 1: The grades a lot.
Speaker 6: Your name should be baby Face, but you're one of the very fortunate people that actually been around for the real era of hip hop, like you actually was there, so for you to see how the era of hip hop went from then to now.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even know my question. That's like me the way the coaches team.
Speaker 3: It doesn't upset me, I don't think as much as it upsets a lot of the A lot of my PIDs young okay, our generation, the older.
Speaker 1: The old generation.
Speaker 3: And for me, a lot of it is because I think cause I got kids. So it's just like I'm entwined with the new sound. But a lot of it is when we was young and I was listening to Running the Fat Boys, like my pops will buy it for me. But you know, sometimes it was cut that ship down, and sometimes I know he didn't think.
Speaker 1: Thirty forty years later, this was what it was going to be, right because they all say it's a fan Oh that's not music. They said, we sound like them now, damn. You know what I'm saying, we saund like this. Niggas ain't hip hop here. It's just a new kids. They kids, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Think about it like Mike said, my son eighteen, my daughter eighteen, God blessed. Like you know what I'm saying, He what's popping now? So every some of the ship they do we're gonna see and be like I ain't something we're gonna be like.
Speaker 6: But but that was kind of like how it was back then, because I mean, like when people say that the era was golden or it was classic, a lot of people a lot of times people don't actually focus on the fact that it was rock music.
Speaker 3: Then, Yeah it wasn't everybody wasn't getting paid. But I don't like and what you addressed to when when you first saw the speaking was that the new generation a lot of them, not that they don't pay homage, but it's like they don't even know, like like how you not this is your your feel Like if I'm a baseball player, I'm gonna know something about Jackie Robinson Winfield.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Whatever you feel, Yeah, come on, like that's our generation's fault. We dropped it. You can't tell them. You got to go about it.
Speaker 3: And it's crazy because, like you said, the rolling so they can still do shows, but forefathers is they washed up?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? That's what That's why we mice did the show when needed.
Speaker 3: To join the bb KS and cool Hert was there like like I was I brought a cool, cool her came out and I was like, yo, you know, brought them out because that's cool.
Speaker 1: Hurt, that's fucking cool, that's cool. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: He wouldn't be here if it was staying hell of hurt.
Speaker 3: I ain't got a million dollars or at least five hundred thousand dollars in his bank account, Like I wish y'all had it to be like here, you know what I'm saying. But some of our leaders in hip hop got it.
Speaker 1: Man. We got to make sure some of our brothers is all right. I got you know, you know, you know what the crazy like. That's like, I'm so up and I love.
Speaker 6: A brother man, And I'm so sorry to bring this up. But since me and my partner DJ e f N started this podcast, we wanted to start something called a hip hop.
Speaker 3: Union, which means my song had that same case back then.
Speaker 1: And we look at Mice and say, Mice said he ain't do it.
Speaker 6: Did somebody in place to pay for your lawyer, pay for your case, pay for everything?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So I did all of it, all these not here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm keeping it right now. Okay, can you put that over there? It was a good self ramps. Right. So the other day, right, my wife, I loved this woman.
Speaker 6: We went to Mallyd work the first time I ever rented a house myself. Every time I ever rented a house, it was always been a death jam Tommy boy. It never was me. So when I went at this house.
Speaker 3: I walked outside the house because we had ordered the car service and said it would be twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: So I came downstairs because I.
Speaker 3: Had like four bunts and I was like, I gotta smoke theseus right here. So I smoked them and the driver came up in two minutes, and when it came I said, yo, like, I looked at the shit.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: He said to me, oh, no, I just dropped off, picked up or saw somebody in the rehab in Maliblee.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: So when he said that, you know, naturally I'm smoking. So I wanted to walk away from him because I ain't want to be disrespectful and be getting high. I don't know if he's a recovering whatever, but he said he said so to bring back my point, as I'm trying to tell you, was the other.
Speaker 3: Day DMX my brother. I love that nigga. He's always been there for me. He never lied to me. When people seen him on the Barclay stage and people seen his rants, people.
Speaker 6: Judged him without wanting it to help. I immediately wanted to help, so I said I wanted to. But if I do it, or I stepped in, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Spit at me. I noticed, thinker, yo, what, no, who the fuck you think you are? That's what you're gonna do.
Speaker 3: But if we had a hip hop union in place where we sit back and we say, Okay, the dog don't look great, release the brand, absolutely, and the reason why I bring it up is and I don't want to blow it up, but he's actually a malleable right now.
Speaker 1: That's where he's at.
Speaker 6: But the problem was I didn't have a position to step up.
Speaker 1: I didn't have a position to step up and say whatever.
Speaker 3: Because if it was just me, I'm gonna be honest with you, they would have all said fuck you.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: They would have loved the actual fact that I stepped up, but then they would have said, what the fuck does he think he is?
Speaker 1: Do y'all agree that we need a hip hop union? Definitely?
Speaker 3: And especially like we're brothers, like cool, the real fun, the real forefathers.
Speaker 1: More so because the money wasn't there.
Speaker 3: It was not so it wasn't like they had it and blew and ran through it.
Speaker 1: They was getting jerked. It wasn't there. And then what was there they was? They was booking them, you know what I mean. So you gotta tell people what booking means. They was Robb He's like one of them that New York I say.
Speaker 3: So, it's like, yo, a lot of them didn't, didn't never had the bread where we're ex you know, excellent, ran through some bread.
Speaker 1: But even with people like X, Like when I was locked up on me, I see so many brothers.
Speaker 3: Look at the crackheads, and nobody was smoked cracking jail. Everybody was getting money. You know, everybody just smoked weed. But it's like I used to tell nigga, Yo, haf this year, all just running around with cuts on your faces from weed beefs.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: If you fucking smoke weed, drink liquor, drink coffee, any any moved changing, nigga, you ain't got the right to judge nobody. His ship just might be a little more crucial. Some ship is a little more serious. Too much to criticize anybody, anybody drink.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear you talk about my weed.
Speaker 3: Nigga had nothing unless you don't do nothing, leave me alone, man. And just we got to like you said, we got to help the brother. No, you know, you know what the thing is. The thing is hip hop.
Speaker 6: Has to start accepting our responsibility.
Speaker 3: We gotta grow up. Grow much money made hip hop to you still just bet you were supposed to. Hip hop alone could finance all our communities, like the whole black movement.
Speaker 1: It can finance. That's deep. Like really, if all the hip hop niggas said.
Speaker 3: Down and say, look, okay you from the left, we buy it back left right, we're gonna own all of them. We're gonna put all listen to you, We're gonna buy that. But like we can literally do that ship. But nobody here's a crazy ship is nice. All we need is to take one percent of our profits. We donig We don't niggas take their jewelry. The jewelry because because because like.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, let me get to because you know why, that's the best in the.
Speaker 1: World depends rocket is the best back in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you you you're gonna be guy from Miami.
Speaker 1: Miami, I mean originally like, yeah, why are you gonna fight?
Speaker 8: You got like the same kind of hair my family because.
Speaker 1: My grandfather you had good hair for a long time.
Speaker 7: You know, you ain't just you ain't just have good here yesterday like you've been had. Watch this nigga here is nice. But you West Indian. We always claimed in the part of winking on clubs man. Well you know we were wrong.
Speaker 1: We were.
Speaker 3: And my wife thinks she bought a rigod I'll be teasing that she's from Salvador.
Speaker 9: So she thres, you have to see him, black girl.
Speaker 3: She's the Kings anybody from the Salvadot you you see that come up.
Speaker 1: So so now let's let's let's just bring it back to hip hop. You want this was tracing. This is what I trace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jimmy told me that Jim Jones, know, Jimmy, Jimmy Boss Cafe.
Speaker 6: Let's make so much a jump Boss Cafe last it.
Speaker 1: He said, that's how I do it. I put some cel in it. Selza, he's still doing it.
Speaker 6: I can't believe I thought it would have been over by now because a lot of people died of Jimmy's Cafe.
Speaker 1: Died Listen. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: I seen niggas get beat the funk up in Jimmy's Cafe, Like like they.
Speaker 1: Beat you up and then they chill. That's the craziest. They beat you up and then they have a dream with you after that. That was hard. Like and queens, it's like, yo, you get beat up. You got the club one of the Bronx.
Speaker 3: They beat you up and then they pick you up and see are you okay?
Speaker 1: And then they make sure you're good. That's the only place I've ever seen that.
Speaker 3: Now, the Bronx being the birthplace of hip hop, the fact that we got a bug.
Speaker 1: We got.
Speaker 3: What's what.
Speaker 1: About, say, Dawn, that's you know, I'm don q a don q.
Speaker 6: Other than that, it hasn't ever bothered you that the Bronx wasn't at the froe.
Speaker 1: Front of hip hop.
Speaker 3: I mean, of course, it not really bothered me, but it was like that was one of my goals, like we got to put the Bronx back on the back, you know what I'm saying, Like I gotta put the Bronx back on the map.
Speaker 1: So when you watch and you see.
Speaker 3: A boogiey and them doing anything, you see donkey and I'm actually being from the hood, you know what I'm saying, Young boys from the hood.
Speaker 1: From Okay, you know what I'm saying. So actually they remember where we shot the video. They look right from right down the you know that. So they're actually from the hood.
Speaker 3: So watching young boys win, you know what I'm saying, You got nothing to do with root for them, you know. So it's happy. It's good to see that. It's good to see the resurgence of just content and lyrics. You know, you see Davies like you hear all this actually is day, you know what I'm saying, Like you hear people rapping again, It's good to do that. Like like I like migos, I like all that. You feel hell yet like that sh makes you you be like this, you know what I'm saying, you being the club Christi, CHRISTI. The quality is good. It's good music. You can't take nothing away from it. But every now and then I want to hear some ship that make me like, damn, I get a little that make.
Speaker 1: You want to tie your shoe.
Speaker 3: You're saying, don't play them, I'm saying, instead of playing them twenty times a day.
Speaker 1: Play I'm like, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying, and you know, spread some love, Like I stay in Maryland, but you know I'm closer to d C. So I'm you know, I run around to d C close and homie like I don't even know a bogie and them only, but but I know that state. They from my homie hood. They be his son, They be with his little brothers when they ship. Come on, I go crazy with with.
Speaker 1: All New York niggas. Shit, come on period, especially niggas I fuck with. It's just a different viot.
Speaker 6: It's different all the way up came out. I used to go to every fucking club and it was like it was like me.
Speaker 1: It was like right out here.
Speaker 3: I be feeling like that's how we gotta do it in you know, I sweart like it's so genuine.
Speaker 1: When I'm reposting nigga shit, I don't even know whoether.
Speaker 3: I only follow people I know, or I might follow your man because we all here. So if I see something I like it and I'm reposting it, you ain't got the eggs.
Speaker 1: I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: Like it's just I don't know why we we we just don't don't show up. But it don't make like I get a crazy good energy.
Speaker 1: When my nigga shit come on down there, yo.
Speaker 6: And that's why we started this, is because we want to give our legends flowers when they can smell them, and trees when they can inhale them. Because so many people are fucking lost. So many people say that you washed up when you got ten years in this game. So many people say that you're not the guy because the other guy is the guy.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 3: Some people say that we haven't changed against money. Sometimes, yeah, niggas be dead wrong. You know what it is.
Speaker 6: We have to change that because one day I was in Live Nation. Right at Live Nation, I looked at.
Speaker 1: It the roster.
Speaker 3: They had nothing more white boy, he's doing sixty dates, all this shit, and he was all older than me. And I looked and I said, damn, why can't hip hop do that?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: And then you know, you know, I call, I called from master Flex, and you know, and I don't know how anybody feel about from master Flex personally, but I'm gonna tell you how much I.
Speaker 1: Feel about for Master Flex. From master Flex said, fuck that, Nori, and I was like, what the fuck? What?
Speaker 3: I was like, we gotta make it so our artists could do at least fourteen dates on their own New York artists, right, And.
Speaker 1: At first I said flex word.
Speaker 3: And then he said And then I turned on the radio because mind you, I'm living in Miami, I'm doing dream Champs running around.
Speaker 1: And then I heard that's how we on it, that's how we on it, And.
Speaker 6: I said, this nigga deserves this shit. There's a lot of people who don't. There's a lot of people who get.
Speaker 3: A fame, they get money, they get it, and they just go when they could go out everybody. I couldn't have been more happy in the world when I heard from Master the Flex playing your record, not playing your record, staying on your It's a difference.
Speaker 1: You can play it one day, but we're not living in the nineties. In the nineties. You play your record one time, you're going, You're going now. He got to play a ship every.
Speaker 3: Night, that's right, and he been playing his ship every single consistent.
Speaker 1: Fought Master Flex. We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: He respecting the grind like yo. He called came home at six and they grinding. Like I'm not just talking grinding, talking about hundreds of thousands. There'd be some short m spent like grinding this nigga grinding homie everything out of pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why are you doing?
Speaker 3: And you're still not even on the label because we still ain't. I just really I want to do my shit independent. But the platform is being laid, you know what I'm saying, the consistency shut out to flex slave. Even when you called me, I was I don't even know. I think I was in Miami, and I was in Miami. I think I was in l a sunny You called me like seven in the morning and in the morning.
Speaker 1: Like, Yo, this f is fire. I need you to put everything you got. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It was just real, It's genuine. It's like damn, and that's how we always been.
Speaker 1: It's this real ship.
Speaker 3: And it's like when you get that feel and you see people room for you and you know that you did everything right. I ain't never compromised my principles, my more room. You know what I'm saying, It's coming back, and it's just like then be able to see that and then be able to be appreciated, especially by the people that you appreciate, Like, this is a legend to me, you know what I'm saying. That day one, I remember when he came in front of.
Speaker 1: Justice and it was the whole second.
Speaker 3: I remember when you played band from TV from time and I'm standing in there like this for this ship and I'm sitting there like this, oh this ship is this is classic. He was like, listen is.
Speaker 1: Sound, my nigga.
Speaker 3: He played that ship truck and he just blasted. Sitting right first as he blast that ship. I was just in awe, just looking at him, like, damn man. And then and see where that ship went.
Speaker 1: It was getting off. I was like, damn man, get air. So that you know what I'm saying. So to be in the presence and be respected by the people.
Speaker 3: That you love and respect and then like and I tell people all the time, the artist that I love is because when you listen to their music, you feel like you know them.
Speaker 1: And when you listen to Nory music, you really know him. Nah, It's true.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like, it ain't no bullshit, It ain't yo, This is just some song I made.
Speaker 1: This is no my nigga.
Speaker 3: So when you meet him and you listen, You're like, this is exact and that's what it used to be for me. And I'm saying some people can separate the music from the artist.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not able to do that because once you are what you're talking, I'm turning off. It's not authenticity. So this is this is a legend. This is one of my favorite artists old times. Nigga said, I don't even smoke like that, I sell.
Speaker 1: I don't even drink.
Speaker 10: I don't drink like that.
Speaker 3: Who says that, Like sometimes I just chill like those songs. I was up norm to listen to them and got me through my bed like you know something and didn't knowing and you met me and then I madle me like he was like, I'm a bronigga.
Speaker 1: All right. You know.
Speaker 3: So when you when you when you're able to get love and respect from the people you respect, that's what you do it for the rest of it, it don't even matter. But that's how we don't know that when you never need security now.
Speaker 1: When you live, you know what I mean, just keep it too. And you know what the crazy thing is is I want to bring it back. I'll come back to that me on it.
Speaker 3: But Charlie, you are not only one of the first child rappers, you're actually the first gangster rapper, like for real.
Speaker 1: Though like like like you have one. I'm sorry, I don't know the Philly boys seeing, but I mean identify as New York artists.
Speaker 6: Because at one point we came from living our lyrics, and you was one of them guys that actually lived your lyrics, actually seen girls.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 6: I've seen your Black TV interview where you actually explain how it happened.
Speaker 3: But the thing about it is what people don't understand is you really went through it.
Speaker 6: They look at this interview and they thinking, like you're saying it because you just went But this is this is some real ship.
Speaker 1: It was real ship, but real girls.
Speaker 3: Brother, Yeah, my daughter's uncle. God bless you know, for sure, God blessed some peace. But you're like, yo, you know what killed me on me is that they And I'm not trying to downplay because that took a man's life.
Speaker 1: I take for as from God.
Speaker 3: I can't, you know, turn back the hands the time, and that's to me, that's the worst thing you could do. Because even if you rape somebody as much as we shun that. I still have my daughter right here and she's going, She's gone.
Speaker 1: God, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I took somebody's life. I used to watch his son, you know what I'm saying. So you know that apartment cutting you off.
Speaker 6: But that was the most interesting part about it was when you was when Blad was.
Speaker 1: Talking to you and we all love that.
Speaker 3: I love lie too, But he's kind of like the police, right what I mean, he's.
Speaker 1: Really trying to get the answers, Like he's.
Speaker 3: Going to ask you some ship that couldn't get you incriminated.
Speaker 1: But it's up to you and it's up to you. And that was one of the most honorable things.
Speaker 3: I mean, watching it was it was like you was not proud of it.
Speaker 1: You just was like, Yo, this songing that happened.
Speaker 3: But you know what, let me just say before you finish, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: That's a difference from a real name.
Speaker 3: You didn't see what I'm saying, Like, this is one of my best friends since we was kids. You under see I'm saying. So we we've been through just about everything. Like I know everything about what's going on in time, I know everything he was dealing with and to be when we've always been authentic, So watch my man and knowing everything around me, like having ex and Pistol pop these niggas around and knowing that these was the biggest gangsters we ever knew in our lives, right, And when they have conversations with you, they not glorifying the continue bgging you up because a lot of people would have took your position as a rapper that actually has a body and would have God gone fly and said I kept that nigga are doing.
Speaker 1: It was the.
Speaker 6: Exactly like I don't want to name the artist name, but he's on line talking about he beat the.
Speaker 1: Case because he shot the nigga like he's online. But you, it was the exact And I looked at you and mind you, I had a relationship with you forever. He was on the run. He was going to my shows.
Speaker 3: Coming to.
Speaker 1: Run you. I seen you on the news. But I just want to respect you.
Speaker 6: I just want to say that that that interview, when I looked at it and I looked at the grown man in you, and I looked at how you you you held yourself down, and I looked at how you also because.
Speaker 1: That was your girls, brother, and I looked at how you was.
Speaker 6: So careful and so conscious, and I just want to tell you that is some real shit. We understand we can't bring back this man's life, but everything you're doing right now, it's actually the illes shit in the world because you're not You're the world we lose.
Speaker 1: We are just growing up.
Speaker 3: When we grow up at we lose sight of life, like because you hear about niggas getting shot and killed and see it and.
Speaker 1: Might do it or whatever.
Speaker 3: So but when you think about it, like yo, even to that nigga, he got kids, mubles, bubble and at the end of the day, it's what fifteen years later, twenty years later for me now and it's like, what think about the biggest beef you had twenty years ago?
Speaker 1: Was that worth it? That you were ready to tell shit an hour?
Speaker 3: And now you look at it like that was some silly shit, you know what I'm saying, Really is it the case that's really worth it?
Speaker 1: When you're come talking.
Speaker 3: About a whole bunch of years and at the end of the day it was regular shit like that, like not, it was regular shit. I look at it like, you know, like I know Mike Saint pussy. But we hung with niggas then, so I looked at it like, man, it was regular everyday shit, not to be glorified like that. What happens that shit that go on?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 6: But nah, I need you describe a situation because my partner not if a capone.
Speaker 1: He's standing over there right.
Speaker 3: Me and him was in jail together, right, We was in DFY right. Then we came home and he caught a case. So I can never really relate to his case because he actually.
Speaker 1: Was famous when we was in jail together. I was not famous.
Speaker 3: Then he caught a case and then he went up and north right, but I could never relate because he was compone then right, he was popping like he was.
Speaker 1: He was not compone when we met each other.
Speaker 3: So I just you to describe to people how hard or maybe I think it was.
Speaker 1: A double edged sword because you're famous.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you know, ship friends, You're gonna have some people that dick ride oh ship, that's whether it's inmates, whether it's CEOs, And then.
Speaker 1: You gonna have some se fuck that nigga.
Speaker 3: Sa sh same ship sames, some people trying to give you extra food, some people trying.
Speaker 1: Not to feed you, you know what I mean, It's just, you know, everybody different. I just took it in stride.
Speaker 3: But what I found, especially when I was at Sinks, because when I got the Sink thing is it's a large population of black police. So and then most of them is from the city, so it just so happens. I'm in my mid thirties, so a lot of them is around the same age age. You know, they say they knew who motherfucker was. So it was ill that even the motherfuckers that hated, like the cant niggas and nigga was so laid back with it that even if you had niggas after a where I had to be like like another potheo to be like, man, come on, man, like that nigga, nigga chilling man. So I just be me man and let everybody be them and everything that happen the way it's supposed to happen. I've never been pussy and I don't know nobody.
Speaker 1: But we're not here for that. We're not here for that.
Speaker 3: We're here to get some money and bring the same question because again, my partner, one of my best friends, and both of these guys and my best they both comebacks.
Speaker 1: Back. But again, I can't.
Speaker 8: Relate to being famous and being in jail, like I was famous in jail for three days, that's it, and I was the lawyer, right, but you actually have some fame, right, and then it is a robbery Yeah all right, son.
Speaker 1: You just just just take us from there. You had a robbery.
Speaker 3: Charge and we heard you you say that you you didn't do it, definitely did.
Speaker 1: I definitely believe you all the way. I really believe you. Like me if I ain't donna.
Speaker 3: Need to lie, but I did seventy fourteen years so I did be like, yeah, I did it. I shouldn't have did it? You know it was it was Have you ever been in jail prior to that? Or no? You know I did a couple of days and cold days alight, So now you.
Speaker 1: Cop out I didn't a blue trial? You blue trial?
Speaker 3: Wow, we didn't know that, Okay, so you blue trial and now you go up state.
Speaker 6: Now now it's just people know this is my song, of course, can you describe that to me?
Speaker 1: For me, it was just unreal, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: Like you you young, you're twenty one years old, you sit in jail.
Speaker 1: You're signed to violate that violator millions dollar a day. I know, I know your budget. Yeah, you know your budget. I remember that I was watching. I was watch because you know why, and then we're gonna go to the shrine story.
Speaker 3: But so yeah, so you know you you you're going up north and you sending Herstu on the island for a couple of months, and you think you're coming home and you're figuring and you know as soon as you but I blew trial and then went to the island. Like I wasn't in jail fighting my case. I was fighting my case. Wow, I was you know what I'm saying. I was from the outside, you just thinking this ship ain't gonna happen like I ain't doing I ain't going to jail, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Then you started realizing how dirty the system is. You know what I'm saying, How a bunch of ship just don't unless you gotta be really serious about what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. You can't take for granted that you're in it. So you're going home.
Speaker 3: That's that's not a reality, especially from our communities. You know, what I'm saying, it's just completely different. So when you sit in there and you're like, damn, just blue, tryal and you don't even know. When I was on the island, I even know what I was getting sensed to.
Speaker 1: But what if you were the blue? What you did? God bless.
Speaker 3: But because they always tell you, they say you could, you will take this play or you can they offer Actually, yeah, well in hindsight, you said did and be like, but you got to realize you didn't do it.
Speaker 11: Your whole life, you've been fucked up.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying. It wasn't even a conversation when you didn't do it.
Speaker 6: Man, that's even more so more so now I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: I knew you and I knew you didn't do it, Like I ain't gonna lie. I knew you did a lot of a lot of ship because I can see it in your eyes.
Speaker 6: But I was like, yo, right now, I'm gonna describe me, me and my son right justice was my ship.
Speaker 1: That was very It was my ship.
Speaker 3: Like I ain't gonna lie. I hate it, puff Daddy, you can keep this and we're not editing this.
Speaker 1: He did No.
Speaker 6: I hate it pump Daddy, Like I hated when he represented it at the time because me and Capone was Armie sue niggas and these guys are on shiny suits. So I just hated what he represented at the time. But I love this prod Justice.
Speaker 1: He made some great fried chicken, so I used to go to Justice all the time. Right. So it was this rumor.
Speaker 6: But this new artist, it's supposed to be the new Biggie Smalls, right am, I correct, you.
Speaker 1: Can stop merect. It was better than I gonna tell you better because I'll practice it, practiced it. I can feel you ain't practice. I watched you in the breakfast class and might sing practice. But there was this new artist.
Speaker 6: His name is Seane so Shine was supposed to be the new Biggie Smalls.
Speaker 1: But nobody knew how he looked.
Speaker 3: Nobody know how he looked. So we we heard like I think he did like a couple of bars. Yeah, but but so we felt like he was heavy.
Speaker 1: But when we seen to him, I was like, oh, yeah, this is but I seen him. He didn't look like me.
Speaker 3: So it was just it was just it was thrown off. So we outside and Puff goes Puff I'm about to say text, but I know it wasn't a text. But he said, yo, go outside and say hi to my new artists. So I go outside. I say what's up to him? The nigga was like you you know cause Shine is a smooth nigga.
Speaker 1: He was like you, I like you ship. I'm looking at this nigga. I said, are you Shine? He goes yes, I'm shying. I'm like, I'm throwing off not I'm disappointed. I'm appointed. It's just I thought he would be a heavy person. I thought he was gonna be fat.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, all right, cool bomb. I don't know what happens, right, I text Chris Lighty. Chris like, what's Chris there? Light Mike Lighty was there, So I text Mike. Mike comes and Mike is like, yeah, what's up? You need me to pay for the bill. Because that's that's my style. Back then, I would just run up some ship and be like, just take care of it. But I'm gonna describe this scene. So for some reason, Seane starts rhyming and then he goes.
Speaker 1: Kicking his ship. So I robbed Tom your man. Tom.
Speaker 3: Tom came. Tom pulled up and was like, I don't. In my mind, I felt like he pushed you, like heaven was this he was either tone was outside, and I think it was either Matt Middleton the lawyer.
Speaker 1: The lawyer.
Speaker 3: So they came and he's like, yo, they're upsided shine the norway outside. Tom didn't really want me to do it, was like nah, nice, And I'm like, man, if I you crazy, this is the million the nigga, I'm gonna kill him. So he brought me up there. So Tom's just sitting.
Speaker 1: There wait wait, wait, wait, wait, wait till you finish. That's the part I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, you gotta rely, you gotta rely, you gotta rely.
Speaker 1: So this is the part that I didn't know.
Speaker 3: The part that I didn't know was when you walked outside.
Speaker 1: Did you have that in your mind already over here? This relyt my son. That's the only reason.
Speaker 3: So so that's the part I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Is that because.
Speaker 6: Mind you, I think I met you like two minutes or twelve minutes and so that and we tell. But then you came and then that part I needed that. I needed billion dollar.
Speaker 1: Niggas because that's what I remember in the industry. It was running.
Speaker 3: He got a million in publishing and a million on the deal.
Speaker 1: We had never heard of this in the industry. Yeah, we had never heard of it. Everybody was expecting him to be.
Speaker 3: He was supposed to be the craziest shit in the world, said.
Speaker 1: Mice comes outside and he's chilling, and he's watching us rhyme, and.
Speaker 6: I rhymed, And for some reason, I feel like I never got this part of the story. I felt like you looked at me and said, what lies Like.
Speaker 3: In my mind, your eyes said, chill you on already?
Speaker 1: Am I correct? You looked at me like I said, no, you know Bronks niggas. You're a Brooks nigga too. You're gonna relax, right?
Speaker 6: And then I swear to God because I had never heard you rhyme, and I.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I might be wrong, but I feel like you said something in my palm and then I got my left arm and.
Speaker 1: You say, that's the whole type of sh ain't gonna lie. I can't even tell you what I said that I ain't gonna lie. I was like, oh my God, and shine he respectfully bowed out. Am I correct? He was after about two rounds. It just he was like, I feel like two and a half because that half after half around, he was like it's over.
Speaker 3: And then I got Texas people was like you died on the streets. And Shine had hit me after that and said, buff told me I can't rhyme on the street and no more.
Speaker 1: And he told me that we need know my man. Now I fell up for sh listen, that's my man. We fell Shine was inclining together. That's my that's my my nigga.
Speaker 3: But but right after that we had fell out because prior to that, because I felt like I felt like you kind of fucked up. His deal was a lot because he came to me and he told me the same thing that he mother, was like, he don't want me to run. And that's when him and Puff start going sideway. After that situation, you know what I'm saying, He came and was in the studio together, you know, because him and Nige was cool. So Najus always have me around. And I think like right after that, we walked onto a fight. It was it was like a big thing. His man Shine, his no one of his little man and his little man. We got into that Puffer House.
Speaker 1: I think ye.
Speaker 3: At the in the Hampton's had a party in Hampton and we came off there and it was probably like a couple of weeks after that. So I see you and I give him a pound and on this man like, fuck that nigga giving you fake love, and he said out loud. Nigga was like he was about five too. I'm like, what who are you talking to? What are you what are you talking about? He's like, funk that you running around? You know too much niggas running around saying you killed him and fuck that whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, it was me. He was running around, yeah, and I'm like, I'm like, what are you talking them about? It was me. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Listen for me, it was like, listen, we're not gonna do this. The biggest knocking this off. Let me take something, Sean. I had the biggest bus at this time. He had the biggest bus. So for me to just meet this.
Speaker 6: Nigga and this nigga tear him up, I ain't gonna lie. I told everybody it was me.
Speaker 1: It was me. I'm gonna be honest. We put that around. I said, what did I say? You said? One of the guys to shout the battle shut myself. I did because I ain't gonna again. I'm gonna reiterate this whole situation. Right. I'm a hood nigga. I know, I know certain people don't know like you know how queens get down off, you know. I know I know people some a lot of people look at you and just be like you from queens that it's false. They gotta relax, right. But I looked at Mice.
Speaker 3: Mice gave me Till to this day.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't remember because me and him got bug after guard brow, so I don't remember. If it was a something and I look, I said word, I.
Speaker 1: Fell back, But I know, don't look I had. I gave my man. This is my word. I gave my man. That's going to am.
Speaker 3: I'm on the A side. Tell me with about fourteen blood niggas. I fun with him, you know that, small wigga. I'm my man's on the other side of these my niggas. Though my nigga pooch broken nigga pools, he gets in it. One of the niggas stepped on and broke his cardier is on the visit he hit him.
Speaker 1: Cardiers on. Yeah, let's big him clock. You know, he went down I think for the step on mother.
Speaker 3: But anyway, whatever happened, Pooch popped on the bit, so the nigga, all the blood is on my side, so they gonna pop on the nigga. So I'm like, damn, they like your chiet men. I'm like, you know, I'm trying to and you gave him.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to resolve this situation. But I obviously seen the thing. The boy didn't swung on the nigga ration. The thing then went too far.
Speaker 3: So I went to that game and I gave him the eye like like somebody your mice gave me the eye. And it was like it was, like I said, I relaxed because it was like whatever he did was like, nigga, you on, why are you going to rhyme with us?
Speaker 1: And I sat by that and I said, Dad, we had.
Speaker 12: A whole conversation just right here, just because, and I loved and I said, damn, and yo, boy, I did not know what she was gonna do though, and all due respect, I thought you was.
Speaker 3: Okay, but then you rhymed and I realized you might have.
Speaker 5: Stopped the whole block I think even the police started clapping.
Speaker 1: I mean, the police is on the corner like that out then too. It was there, It was, it was, it was. It was so legendary.
Speaker 6: Now, that was a legendary hip hop moment. Do you realize how legendary that was?
Speaker 3: I mean when I hear what you say, like in my mind it was because you know, you don't you don't want to over over push yourself because I'm like, damn, this sh was big.
Speaker 1: I've seen it from my perspective.
Speaker 3: I'm like then, like this was the industry was dead normally one of my favorite artists is there, Hey, Buddy's then I just did some ship that's probably gonna go down. Or I'm thinking it's that big. I forgot you your deal exactly.
Speaker 1: Soide him right there.
Speaker 3: The next day. The next day it was like Jamaine the pre fool me to Landa. We have like ten meetings in like three days. This is the reason why I know, because because I invitedn't like likely, and then they come out to day all media like what happened?
Speaker 1: You know, I was out already, but I was like, damn, you ain't gonna be want to say something I told you to come here, but listen all do it that. I never seen somebody be that like battle rap.
Speaker 3: When I think a battle rap, I don't think of smack DVD. I think of what you did that night. That night you looked at that man in his face. Didn't disrespect him, but you disrespected.
Speaker 1: Him in another way.
Speaker 3: Because you looked at his flaws and you just made it and you just kept hitting them with punch lines.
Speaker 1: And then he kept rhyming.
Speaker 3: He kept rhyming, not against you, which was wrong because like you took it personalf. You directed every ball towys his motherfucker. And then this nigga kept kicking rhymes that had nothing to do with Mike Mice. He took a vantage. I mean, he was a man you got to keep swinging as a mean, he took advant respect that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But I think Sean was an artist.
Speaker 3: He was an artist, artist, artist who's had at that moment.
Speaker 1: Gimmick around him. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know the whole biggie he said, sounding the bad voice, sound like bigg but he was officiing nigga with Sean nigga.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is I folks with him too. I ain't say nothing bad about him. This is different, but it's a different add some MC ship.
Speaker 3: It's like but that day I'm saying that, I was like, yo, like I don't want.
Speaker 1: To rhyme after my song, do nothing. It's like in the finals, like step the moment, step all the height.
Speaker 3: But in the front when Lebron was just throwing this ship like nigga, nigga, you know it's.
Speaker 1: Real, It's real, and that you know what it is.
Speaker 6: This is the biggest thing. We should celebrate these moments in hip hop. We should actually sit back and be like, you.
Speaker 3: Know what and Sean to Sean is is Sean called me. Sean hit me and was like, man, you killed me on that ship definitely, Like I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: Do you got to be made? Oh no, this is this is pretty. That's why this is important. Is a lot of free came saying that's what that's what this is important, right me and me? And yeah, you know he called me years later like we never.
Speaker 3: Had that real conversation because we had and we was war like we both struggled, and I used to I love like I actually had love for Sean because he was one of us, and I used to be in the studio, like even after that Ship, I used to be in the studio with Sean helping him like with.
Speaker 1: Records, like he let me hear Ship, like nah do this do that? Like this was my nigga.
Speaker 6: But the rumor was the room was so big because I ain't gonna lie that moment what it was.
Speaker 1: It was like no, no, no, no, relaxed and right in the stud that was my nigga. He's just being like he respected me as an artist.
Speaker 3: I say what I did with him, and like he'd be in the studio and we'll go to the studio. He let me hear Ship and oh yeah that's still boy, this and that, like before he dropped the who want to fuck with Us?
Speaker 1: And she's like I heard that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was, and I got locked up when he first started playing. I never was there to actually see Sean even dropping no music, Like I was just in the studio, y'all. When you know what I'm saying. When he first started and him and Puff was actually going through Ship like there was a niggas I know Ship.
Speaker 1: It was like I was in the intricate like when Puff and Mace was.
Speaker 3: Beefing Puff and Sean would be like I was I and all double up like I and all that project.
Speaker 1: And then the Mace Project, the Mace Project. I went out there.
Speaker 3: I went out to the Bahamas with Made. He threw me out there and I was in the studio him every day recording his album. He didn't even let Puff come in the room. Nobody's gonna tell you this, But then afterwards Puff came and listened to it. It was like he threw his little spin on it and trying to He pushed me out of it because I was a young naven coming up in the game. He's like, you know what I'm saying here, you got your man's with you?
Speaker 1: What you know? This is my project? Did he tell you your man's in them? Yeah? He said, you brought your man's in them.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: When we was the man, He's like, Yo, you're a man's and you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When we had our ship, like you know what I'm saying, Like we was weed either this is real ship. Me and Puff grown like because there was a I was me and he was him and I wasn't relinquishing who I was. I only much money you got. I don't care, but bad boys ship. I'm mean, you know what I'm saying, I'm here with my man. I'm with him, so if he ain't with you, then I'm not with you.
Speaker 1: And that's how my stance was with anything, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So when he brought me in the studio with him and I'm listening to this and then Papa come and listen, and he was like, yeah, I don't really like that, and I'm like that ship is dope, mate, I don't know what he talking about.
Speaker 1: And he was like, yo, you know, you know how Papa is. He's like, yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I know you got your man's nothing with you, but I don't look, I just need me and you to talk.
Speaker 1: And I'm here.
Speaker 3: He brought me here though for a reason. He was like yeah, and he'd be talking to Ma's like your mates, listen.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I don't want to go through all this. You know what I'm saying. You got you so you know we had that.
Speaker 13: You know what I'm saying, I can picture this.
Speaker 3: Ship and we went through that little that little bit I remember when the one time we was in behind us and I never forget it, and it was just like, you know, puppy is competitive. Niggas said what every day when that nigga.
Speaker 1: Pupp is competitive? Super?
Speaker 3: So you know he he knew I was a street nigga. He knew then I had my respect and treat he with tolling them. I remember, I remember he fucked with them home. So but I was deal with Mace. That wasn't even here. It wasn't a tone, none of them. And I was there with Mace. And you know what I'm saying, I was there Wolf, like God bless it. That Wolf compon me in his room every night. That's that was the last time I really seen Wolf was in the Bahamas. He used to bring me in his room every night like he was talking to me and killing me because we both wrongs niggas and I was like the young un so he used to give me jews. So anyway, we inside. I don't know where he was. I don't think we was in the studio. I think we were somewhere. He brought Jaylo on them on there that he brought Jaylaw.
Speaker 1: It was a big big by Jay story. No real story. But she was there.
Speaker 3: She used to come talk with us, like we're in the studios, you gonna say like this.
Speaker 1: She come talking to me and they got nothing to do it.
Speaker 3: Jas from Abron, So I stay with them Bron and she can't.
Speaker 1: She was cool with us. We're sitting there and I'm like, Jaylo was flawless.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen jail on years, but in nineteen ninety eight, ninety ninety you snapped her chair.
Speaker 1: I did. Of course. Niggas makes you want to I want to be me.
Speaker 3: She walked in the first Listen, that's a real off.
Speaker 1: That's real. That's real.
Speaker 3: Jealous looks like somebody just mean it is really, I'm just sitting there looking.
Speaker 14: At it like this all so anyway, and Papa was going, you know, we just this and that, and then I'm we was in the room going something where I don't even know what it was.
Speaker 3: So we're talking back before we you know, I could do this and I do this like yeah, I know this and that. So I'm like, I don't know what he said to me. But somehow we started like wrestling.
Speaker 1: Somehow it was a wrestled We had like a wrestling match. I don't know if you're members of ship. This ship is so biy was.
Speaker 11: Listening, just going on. It wasn't wrestling, Listen, we gotta talk. It wasn't really wrestling.
Speaker 3: But I don't know who I was. It just got into some ego versus ego and I'm like, I don't know, I don't know what happened, but a he like, my nigga.
Speaker 1: I say you if I Brady, you can't get out.
Speaker 15: I bet you, okay for what you're saying, I.
Speaker 10: Said, Christ, if I'm rapped, I'm not going nowhere. You want to bet everybody I'm down before you in the headline money and not the headline.
Speaker 1: I just wrapping the right way home and was fighting, but did like all right, and I'm like, puppy, you're not getting out of this. I'm o, my nigga.
Speaker 3: You know the s's in the Bahamas.
Speaker 1: The commentary more Fellas and it was meggan man and the.
Speaker 11: Man told me if I grabbed you, bet.
Speaker 1: You and get our So what do you want to be? Like? What are you willing to bet? He said? I bet? I don't even know we bet.
Speaker 3: I know that Ning was on a full squirm and I was like puppy, don't getting out of this.
Speaker 1: Crazy getting nice, my nig you're walking into that. He's like, yo, and I sat. I said, He's like, he's when I let him go, He's like, no, no, no, let me go. I never started.
Speaker 3: We didn't do that tomorrow, you.
Speaker 1: Know, And I think from that moment we had a little bit more.
Speaker 3: He was, you know what I'm saying, shut up a puff man, because you know why, you know why, you know why.
Speaker 6: At first, when I was competing with them, I always wanted to say, oh, fuck them, niggas.
Speaker 1: Fucking nads, fucking PuF, fucking jay z everywhere right. But then when I.
Speaker 6: Started competing with them, I started to realize how important they are to our cultures.
Speaker 1: So when I see Anas, I always want to big him up.
Speaker 3: I always want to stop and give him a hug. When I see a puff it's the same thing when I see a jay I always want to stop and just.
Speaker 1: Give them love.
Speaker 3: Because the thing about our culture is we don't celebrate our cultures. And you tell them you got to relax and then grab a bottle, even though we don't even want the bottle, Just grab a bottle.
Speaker 1: Call. They thought there this record war with your chick yo. Even though we don't even know them.
Speaker 3: Two niggas Jay and Puff, they them two individuals may have like probably like fifty percent of the influence over the coach.
Speaker 1: Is what I'm saying over the whole coach. This is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So like, at one point the whole crew too.
Speaker 1: Not to take nothing away.
Speaker 3: From all of them, at one point I used to compete with them so much that I never actually understood their genius. Sometimes when you're trying to be on the same level with somebody, you don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you're blessed, you can't see someone else.
Speaker 3: You can't see somebody else's blessing because you're living in your blessings.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: So when I when I came up and everything was you know, you know, percolating the apartment, I started to realize that, damn, all these years I fucked up because I was trying to be the next Rockefeller, always trying to be the next bad boy, always trying to And then when I'm really and I said, man, this whole time, now, I should have been bigging you up.
Speaker 1: This whole time. That's my fault. That ain't his fault.
Speaker 3: Because if he don't fuck with me, that's his fault. But my fault is I gotta, I gotta. I gotta appreciate Chilly. I gotta appreciate him my song. I gotta appreciate it. That's okay, this is.
Speaker 1: Drink Championship, change this fall. We just do it.
Speaker 6: But and that's what I want to keep, continue to promote, and I want to continue to promote us. Bigg enough us because if we don't big up us, because who's.
Speaker 1: Gonna big us up?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: He motherfucker right, that's right, not a damn soul eat.
Speaker 15: But the thing is, that's the thing about life.
Speaker 1: The thing about life is me and my partner right here.
Speaker 3: We did this Drink Championship for five six months and we ain't getting paid a dollar. In fact, I'm sure we owe fifty thousand dollars. I'm sure that all the flights that were doing. But we believed in this so much, and we believed in hip hop so much that we didn't care.
Speaker 6: So by the time we did get paid, it was like we definitely get paid.
Speaker 1: We didn't get paid. We put out but it didn't matter.
Speaker 3: You know what matter is he loves hip hop this nigga is a hip hop nigga. This nigga probably got your ship on vinyl. I definitely have you got your ship on vinyl.
Speaker 1: That's the DJ. That's the DJ, and I'm the artist.
Speaker 3: And the thing is, who better to represent our culture than the artists in the DA the artist in the fucking DJ. So the thing I'm trying to tell y'all is if you never felt appreciated or you never felt like what you.
Speaker 16: Did for hip hop didn't matter, I'm gonna tell you today that it motherfucking dead.
Speaker 1: Listen. I want to tell you that it did.
Speaker 3: Know what you've done for hip hop, I'm doing it like you continue to do it. You have evolved into not only one of my favorite artists of all times, now you are like a voice and you're bringing stuff like this to the table. And I have a responsibility.
Speaker 1: Mice. I'm sorry, guys, I cut you off because fans hate that.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna tell you I actually recognized my responsibility now like then, I didn't recognize my responsibility. Responsibility meant nothing to me because I only wanted to get me up. But Drake Champs supplies people jobs. We have a show coach. If you're born and run eating that. We just finalized, do not did not blow it up. Don't blow up. I need to be a part of that.
Speaker 1: Nias got you. But listen, So we just finalized.
Speaker 6: And the thing is, I can't do none of this ship if I don't have hip hop on my back.
Speaker 1: And hip hop should be first.
Speaker 3: Hip hop should be a religion, and not only hip hop should be a religion.
Speaker 6: But we actually have to unionize hip hop. I know I said it earlier, but for real, because just think about it.
Speaker 1: Mice. Oh and I'm sorry that I keep using you as a example, but use me.
Speaker 3: But every time I think of your case, I think of like I wish I was in power to say, let me hire Bob Kleena, let me hire a Scott Lehman, because this nigga gotta get the fuck off of this case.
Speaker 1: And the thing about us is.
Speaker 6: We only care about ourselves. We have to actually sit back. Get that twenty five thousand dollars check, get that ten of another check you.
Speaker 1: Just get for back one hundred dollars. It's not even it can be profitable.
Speaker 6: So now when Chili, something happens with Chili and Chi Ali sitting there and they saying, he's saying, Yo, no, I ain't do that ship.
Speaker 1: You got representation, you got everything.
Speaker 3: And and the thing is, you gave too much to hip hop for you not to be I know.
Speaker 1: You, I know you humble, I know who you are. I know and you're a street nigga. I know it. But you know what hip hop owes you, not hip hop owes us.
Speaker 3: Some it owes all of us because we dedicated our whole life just a long time like this is way and yo yo another because against it.
Speaker 1: But I want to, you know, just not.
Speaker 3: Just congratulate my brother, but you know, just to see the grind starting to pay off and just with and it's just.
Speaker 1: A positive lane with beautiful. It's dope.
Speaker 3: And when you when you're getting money and it's on some positive ship, like that's the best. Like you what you said when you helping niggas, you know, you helping motherfuckers kids eat, that's dope, nigga.
Speaker 1: That's official. That's some ship you brag about.
Speaker 3: That's where you brag. What I got, I had my son in first class. When I got it was a two man's families because of me.
Speaker 1: Nigga. That's dope. That's what you know what I'm saying, That's always been and that's what we gotta do.
Speaker 6: So what we gotta do in hip hop is one continue to big each other up. Like I told you my meeting with Leo Kolngs, he sat down with me and he me and Dollar beating at the Polo Lounge.
Speaker 17: I lived out Drake lyrics. He got to relax, makes really really really. But le All said to me and he said, why does this work? And I said what right?
Speaker 1: I least? He said what does this work? And I said, I don't know. He said, you know why this works because hip hop is never been celebrated.
Speaker 6: And at that very moment, I didn't know what he was talking about. And then I thought about it and I was like, damn, because I don't interview people I don't respect.
Speaker 1: The only interview people I respect.
Speaker 3: That's why that's why you see a lot of the old school rappers doing shows now.
Speaker 1: Niggas starting rob out there for two years.
Speaker 3: Niggas he out there, easy, easy ride. A lot of people get money. Black Sheep. They niggas like niggas. We interviewed cast one of that nigga ain't been in America for two months and he's not show he was lost. He definitely is not cheap and he definitely picked up African back bout it. I tol him relaxed at that little moment.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: Because I had I had there.
Speaker 1: He used to be talking as a little nigga. I don't even know what's going over I was. I said, I said, listen, we can't do that. Chris is one of my Chris. You can't say that. You can't you got you can't tell you what it was.
Speaker 3: He said, in his defense, what happened was to take away from his legacy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what happened was this because it happened on drink Champs.
Speaker 6: So let me let me, let me let me finally clarify what happened was. I asked Cares, I said, Yo, what do you feel about African Bambata?
Speaker 1: And he goes, I don't give.
Speaker 6: A funk about controversy, right, He said, that's not going to take away from what he gave to hip hop and what he gave to me. But in his defense, the nigga was coming off of a boat, so he didn't know what African bat battle.
Speaker 15: Was accused saying, okay, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest. I don't get nothing of this, but I ask him that. When he said that, I was like, oh, ship, and I didn't want to be like I didn't want to stop him be like yo.
Speaker 3: He said he didn't, he didn't know. So what happened was big up the star starting buckle whop, big you out.
Speaker 1: But he took that one part and he destroyed him like he just because he in the stars defense. He was actually right too. He didn't say that, but he didn't have the content. He didn't have the facts.
Speaker 3: And me, I on Twitter all day, I'm on Instagram all day, so I understand.
Speaker 1: But when Chris said that, I know, I knew anew.
Speaker 3: I knew he didn't know going on now he didn't know.
Speaker 1: You, I don't. You can't take away from his music.
Speaker 3: Whatever about we can't legacy legacy. He can't take away from his music, like taking trophy. I don't want to take the trophy. If they find out that baseball players using steroids, they take all them accolades.
Speaker 1: So the same ship applies and hip hop to that. But he cheated the game. You cheated the game too, because the game and search the cheated the game. I care what you say.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about his music. If you liked one of his songs no and didn't know who like No, no way, because like I told you before we started this, if I can't separate the artists from the music, if you not who you say you are the music that I'm saying this, if you don't know who the artist is, if you just listening, you know.
Speaker 1: Now that you was raping that boys, I don't want to do nothing. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 3: Any I wish I could just rewind and never heard the ship I heard from you.
Speaker 1: We neither.
Speaker 3: Whatever I'm saying is when they played all their people, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not I'm gonna tell turn that ship off right now that that but that's part of their his now that's the same way music bring back time. But you're gonna hear it. And I'm going to the djove He'll turn that ship over. The little boy. I'm doing the everything out of here I'm saying out here, I mean we but listen, I'm not standing up for him and thank you.
Speaker 3: That's that's like you listen yea, my wife.
Speaker 1: Knocking, don't worry. Yeah, up here's God. This is the best way I know what about.
Speaker 3: His deal, right, I love respect everything I fucking man bought it brought the industry right, But at the same token, I can't co sign anything as his allegation.
Speaker 1: You personal named Poppy from the Brons.
Speaker 3: And I know this nigga. I don't know where I knew him from, but I know this nigga.
Speaker 1: He ain't lying.
Speaker 3: And that nigga sitting there saying, yo, he forty so can I can?
Speaker 1: I can?
Speaker 3: I What I'm saying is on me, you could be a rapist. When I hear what I'm saying is if I found that out tomorrow, ain't nothing gonna change when I hear that's you can't just say fuck that nigga. He's a bitch, that that ship, that so the stuff so, And that's what I felt like care Russel Wan was trying to express, but he expressed it in the wrong way because he was trying to say, you know, I don't give what y'all telling me about African is my nigga. The problem was arrested and know what African buying bottle was actually accused?
Speaker 1: Correct, you know all the facts. He didn't know all the facts, so he said, this is what he said, this is what it is.
Speaker 3: Fucked up, And this is the reason why that's something fun up because we grew up around that like yeah, like my man be like, yes, a lot of them and jail and you don't know why what like a lot of them bro rip alive while niggas man.
Speaker 1: So that's the reason why.
Speaker 3: That's the reason why I know I never addressed it because.
Speaker 1: After car Rest said that was the same day the facts came.
Speaker 3: Out of So when Carras said, now now you're gonna realize, now put it together. You gotta realize. I said, Chimus, what you heard about African man botta and he goes, fuck controversy. I don't give a funk about no controversy. It can never take away from what he did. The hip hop think you kr Rest don't know. So like it's just like right now that we know we filmed this, I don't know when it's gonna come out, right, but by the time we put it out, people think this is new right now. He is right now yesterday and it wasn't you know what I'm saying, change, So.
Speaker 1: I gotta I gotta representficate of us one because by the time you put it out.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you allications you said another he was on he was on a boat.
Speaker 1: Everybody talking ship. He's on the boat, my niggast letters. I'm glad you yeah, you know, because that was hurt. Like I arrest, did not he did not co sign it. He did not, he did not. I'm gonna be honest. I'm sorry. No, I'm gonna be honest. I'm gonna be honest. I'm gonna be honest. I'm gonna be honest. I'ma be honest.
Speaker 3: He did not co sign it, but he did say what he said, and that's like you, It's.
Speaker 6: Like, yo, what you telling me? What mice my nigga, don't give a funk with what you tell me. It was nice and that's and I'm gonna just thick of that cheet my nigga. I don't give a fuck what you say. But we didn't know that you got nigga.
Speaker 3: He's finger popping boys, like when everything I was doing a protests contesting for like thirty days.
Speaker 1: Trade about the lady because we got a big up my song the Raptivists. I love that, you know.
Speaker 6: Hold I'm tell you something. I'm sorry, come cut you off. You know, people hate that, right, But my son, the courage that you have in certain situations. I always watch you and I wish I had the same courage you have. I appreciate I don't have the courage you have. You be marching for real, like you really for real. You went to the woman's march, you went to the me and Man march. You went, you'll be marching.
Speaker 1: You be marching. Let's make some nation marchs. Got that, But listen.
Speaker 3: So I was doing a protests. They killed sixty six year old woman. He shot her two times an abamen. They said she had a bat, mentally ill woman. They walked in the house full of them and they couldn't do nothing else. But she was said back, I'm back. You shot up for two times of having a bat, saying she was a threat to their life.
Speaker 1: This is the bronx. This is in the bronx.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I was doing I did a forty day protest where I was outside of the precinct every day forty days straight, rain, sleep snow, by myself, kids, my kids, whatever it was, because this is how passionate I was about it. Probably in one of those days, the guy the accused of of being Bada was out there with me and he pulled me to the side, and this was a d he was a desled dude, and he was just like, yo, I want to.
Speaker 1: Talk to you, and I ain't know don't like what you told to me.
Speaker 3: I didn't know who he was, and he was just like, yo, man, I'm the guy that told about what body did to me.
Speaker 1: Man, you know what I'm saying, Like, and I want I wanted to live.
Speaker 6: And it's us being hip hop because this is all it's a father like all this. Our father might be fucked up, but this is kind of like our father.
Speaker 3: So when he's telling me this and he looked at me in my eyes, this wasn't no, it didn't seem He's like, yo, man, he said, it took me years to be able.
Speaker 1: To say this to something. Yeah, because it's hurts, he said.
Speaker 3: But I respect you and I think that you staying on the principles that I live by. And I just want to look at you in your face and say this ain't no lie. You know what I'm saying. You know, I want you to I want you to look at me, and I want to I just wanted to come out here and tell you that, and that shit kind of hurt me, like dangn you can tell because because it hurts them saying exactly.
Speaker 1: You can see he was in jail, he said, I was locked up. He looked like he was fit.
Speaker 3: Like you know what I'm saying, Like, why would a man want to come and hear somebody rap them?
Speaker 1: Like what the fun he want to say that? You know what I'm saying. So it was just like it was really it was like damn.
Speaker 3: I'm like, damn, but love it, like I'm sorry for you, he said, no, I just he said, it's very few people I respect and I told my story because I needed to do that for me.
Speaker 1: But I actually respect you and I respect what you're doing this.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that, Okay, He's like, I want to and I just want you to understand that why I said what I said is that I needed to get ridden for me because I was living with that ship for years. And I just wanted you to know that I ain't lying on them. I ain't making up those stories like it hurt me. They haven't even had that. It's this dog skin brother, you know, he was like brown skinned. Okay, I see them all.
Speaker 1: He was like a brown when he was telling me. So I was like, damn, I didn't even know what to say to him, you know what I'm saying. So like it was like damn, like.
Speaker 3: It's sobody, what can you say to him? Like I don't there fighting for the lady and you come with that. I was like, Damn, that's a whole nother fighting watching what she was out there watching with me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And it was like, damn, man, it's just like.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know I was at a loss and I'm usually he never had a lost for words.
Speaker 1: I found I would have been a loss of work and that was a loss man. So so when Chris said that, thinking about all that year, was just like, come on, oh, so I just want to clear that out.
Speaker 5: You have to clear because I'm glad you said it, because I was like, Yo, when I heard it back, I was like, damn it, she seems this thing fucked up.
Speaker 1: But the thing about it was we didn't even have all the details.
Speaker 3: So I asked him, I said, yo, yo, when you think about African man Bata and he was like fuck yo. But people don't understand part of being real. It's sometimes you got to you got to be wrong. Separate the two, you know what I'm saying. Sometimes you might have to tell your man he wronged, or sometimes you have to cross that street if you real.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, And that's what happened. But that life.
Speaker 6: You know, folks in the roads come At the time we interviewed Cavers one, it was just a aroma.
Speaker 1: So none of us knew the facts right or wrong. And look at eff I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 6: The whole time I've brung up African about this thing is brilliant hip hop.
Speaker 1: He was kept looking is disappointed for me because in my organization that.
Speaker 3: I do and in the active is one of my friends, like real close friends.
Speaker 1: Is part of the you know nation. We love zool Nation.
Speaker 9: Exactly names and changed. Now like you what it has done. That's one's person. Like that's it, Like say, how you follow the message and not the message?
Speaker 1: That's why you motherfucker right cheek.
Speaker 6: But that's why if you see something in hip hop and something hip hop is not wrong, you can't blame the whole hip hop generation.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 18: You can't you know, I'm gonna someone you want to be cut off, please, So that's where we got to be heard account because when we see as the hip hop nation, if we don't say something is wrong.
Speaker 1: With it, right and theyked, they can say that it's.
Speaker 3: The whole hip hop nation watching somebody, And that means silence means accepted as bad as them when they when they don't do that after they shoot it, silence means except so if you not so you telling me, if I see something that's going on and I don't say nothing, that means I coach you, damn.
Speaker 1: And that's why we dropped. And that's what yo. But you know what that's People always ask.
Speaker 3: Like, what's it like in jail? And Yo, how come people come out bitter and this and that? And words really can't explain it, But it's that it's so many situations that you forced to to co sign from your silence because you want to go home, because.
Speaker 1: You want to get on that trailer.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, because you ain't trying to be in a box, beat up your property and damnstate you in upstate, you know what I'm saying. And that's the ship that when you getting there selling got to look in the mirror when you know they pull that nigga out that line for nothing. They getting ready to do them dirty, and they like keep it moving, and you know we got that trailer Friday, and your bitch ain't trying to hear that, you know what I'm saying, So you keep it pushing.
Speaker 1: But you feel like a sucker. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's the ship that break the nigga down, That's the ship that make a nigga better, and that's and that's but that's the energy that got you got to use and say, all right, I did that at this situation, but now I'm free.
Speaker 1: I can't do that ever again, ever again.
Speaker 3: Like fun, I'm not gonna put my position myself in a position to be in that position again. But I'm not gonna put myself in a position to where I got a swile like that like that. I don't want I don't never want to look at my kids and say that I ain't do everything I could to make them better people or make the world better for them. I don't never want to add that conversation if I got to sit in jail for some ship that I that I lost my life or if I gotta lose my life.
Speaker 1: For some ship that I know that.
Speaker 3: You know, none of us want to Doctor King didn't want to die, you know, Malcolms didn't want to die. But they died doing the work that they know they was put here to do. So people are like, yo, you can't say this. I'm like, I don't know if you can't say it, but my spirit tells me that's what I'm supposed to say, and I'm moving in that. That's the hormor move every everything about me.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: My wife this morning was like, why you gotta because that's who I am.
Speaker 1: You married me because that's who I am. Now if you change your mind, that's what you But I'm never gonna stop being who I am. You gotta figure this out. I'm not gonna stop. So you gotta figure out who you are.
Speaker 3: And that's that is the balance and the challenge that you gotta be with being who you are.
Speaker 1: Like you know who you are? Level spell bags this level, you gotta balance it. That's it. You gotta gotta balance it.
Speaker 3: Alima, be honest, brother, we really appreciate you and hip hop Yo.
Speaker 6: You was down with Native right. I was the first nigga, Chris, you were just interviewed, and what's that with Juju man? I mean, let's always to Juju and he stepping on our COVID. It was.
Speaker 1: Noticed, slipper. I felt like he had the way he lived. Willis yes, like, yeah, he was. He sniffed him out. I'm lying. I never I never never seen anything that I ever said. Heard you. It's a lie.
Speaker 3: But you know, for podcast purposes, we gotta you know your poem. I hate that, but I was the first Chris, Yes, yes, violator.
Speaker 1: You originated violator records records, oh you even boy management.
Speaker 3: Records records first snigger you before death, that relativity and then I ain't gonna lie outside. We was talking and you called him baby Chris. That was you called the baby Chris.
Speaker 1: That's the baby Chris.
Speaker 3: Nigga called him baby quest Chris, Baby Chris.
Speaker 1: What's that? Barbara? That's how people you got Barber's. You gotta relax, get them over there.
Speaker 3: But violated, So describe us Chris Lighty in the eighties, I mean Chris in the eighties.
Speaker 1: You gotta remember I was young.
Speaker 3: I'm like eleven, twelve thirteen when I met him, So he was running around with the Jungle Brothers, running around with Krus.
Speaker 1: He's just niggas.
Speaker 3: You know, I come home from school here, I'm doing your work watching rap City, so you know, and then I'm a bronx nigga. So like Karris One, like like he was everything to me. Everything here rest the Jungle Brothers and like when I record record, Chris, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know you have to teach you with the most disrespectful, the most listen. I listened to Bridges over the other day.
Speaker 6: I wanted to shoot myself and big what I was. So I was like, because that's care restman.
Speaker 3: I grew up to them and Chris brought me around them. But how did you meet Chris through Latifa? Latifa? You just say that Roddie always in the broad because Allison and Kick of her dances lived in co Op and it was like a summer like co Op City.
Speaker 6: So I'm from you know, I know co Op City because you're the only other hood that got Terroces and we.
Speaker 1: Got left Rafcord.
Speaker 3: So I always in the co Op City was my niggas. She was living with her dances that summer. Everybody was coming like her dancers was bad, you know, they I didn't know what then. I was young, but they was around a little you know, you know, but not every like special Lags E p m D. The Jungle everything, talking about Tom. Everybody was coming through.
Speaker 1: You gotta relax, you E p m B.
Speaker 3: With all of them used to be up there, so thinks I'm eleven twelve, All of these niggas coming through.
Speaker 1: And then you had good head.
Speaker 3: You had all the brothers that went to high school together. So it was chea, you coming upstairs. We cook it all right, go in the living room. We're smoking that type ship. So I used to just be around and want to touch money love, but.
Speaker 1: I had to brush your back, love.
Speaker 3: You're still looking good at you, right baby? So it was just yo. That's how I got with Chris because they would be there him and shot him.
Speaker 1: I was real cold, bigger shot play. And one time I probably came running flex right now, I need to get with shot on net flex right shot. Yeah, we gotta rife preserver, you know, we gotta do the the story. We gotta lord, you gotta do it these streets. You got it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But and from that me and Christians developed a relationship just running around like they was girls.
Speaker 1: So a lot of times he'ple like, you're coming with me when I'm going over.
Speaker 3: Here, I'll be like all right, And then didn't show with the Jungle Brothers at the Apollo.
Speaker 1: This niggas is history. Just Jesus hit us with mad history.
Speaker 3: You can't quit.
Speaker 1: I was you, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I started young because I'm not as old as I feel like I should be. You know what I'm saying, Like I feel like most of them niggas is closer to fifty. Yeah, and I'm forty. So are you forty then forty? I'll be forty this year I'll be forty one. And are you one year older than me?
Speaker 1: I'm eleven days younger than Mice doing twenty five that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm definitely twenty seven twenty seven nights.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. You're right, I'm never onely twenty seven. No, I'm young.
Speaker 3: Any listen, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: So how did you meet Black Sheet Dress and Black Sheep?
Speaker 3: How did you do them through Chris at the time. I think when I signed, Chris was managing them. I think he had helped him get the deal in PolyGram, so.
Speaker 1: PO ain't even around.
Speaker 3: No, more, look at the murcury, the universe, I think on everything.
Speaker 1: You've been in the money for a long time, a.
Speaker 3: Long time, so so so so so what's the question again?
Speaker 1: How did you be dressed?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so just being in the students. We used to be at Calliope. I was recorded. I had just started recording while he was recording. They was finishing up their album. And Chris basically had told Dress.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I was a kid. I was let me twelve, like told Dress you was the first round. I feel like.
Speaker 3: Chris told Dress, you know, basically it was like, yo, you know, y'all got to help with the project.
Speaker 1: You know, Chris was the executive producer. He moles, don't call in the shots.
Speaker 3: And then me and Dress just took to each other because everybody was like, oh my god, y'all look like brothers.
Speaker 1: Look much like his mom. She was like, y'all look like I mean, we like family now, you know.
Speaker 3: But and then we just started hanging out like Dreds just took me under the wind.
Speaker 1: This beautiful thing. Yo.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be honest with you in case you didn't never knew how much hip hop appreciate you, how much hip hop owes you how much hip hop wants to big you up.
Speaker 1: Two homie and component like, yo on some real ship. My man. I'm trying to get y'allut to have with it in d C.
Speaker 3: We got you like yo, y'all want to y'all got one of my favorite rap brules. We got one of the best rap albums. It's especially by a group like and Everything.
Speaker 1: It was your dad. I love so topic ships.
Speaker 3: They said, they said, they said Chili is on the run, And everywhere I was going, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, gee, you here, he had you chee, but I ain't gonna I want the dress. One night you had Jamaican on.
Speaker 3: I was insincing, and this thing used to write me letters like yo.
Speaker 1: I was just at the show man, but I'm this thing is he's going to ry. He on the run. And then I heard the interview I did, and I'm like, he was on the run like fifteen months. But you said the nigger bags, I'd be like, your bags? You think I should go ahead? Yeah? Man for that ship's funny bags my back, yo.
Speaker 6: But my son, my me and Mice we've been speaking a lot, like we've been speaking, and I wanted mice to know that not only did I want to do the interview, but I wanted to do I wanted a special moment.
Speaker 1: You hit me at the blow and when you hit me.
Speaker 6: I was like, damn, I just want to put my two ill look up to y'all, even though y'all could probably pick me up and fuck that.
Speaker 3: We all look up to each other. That's what makes me like, so I fucks with y'all. So I said, I'm a rather dude this together. So then you hit me and you said he was gonna be in Miami.
Speaker 1: But I thought about it. I said, nah, I want to hang with him in Miami.
Speaker 6: I don't want to come with you and your every business and all this dumb ship. I'm about to do this ship in New York. Let's get it knocked out. But I'm just telling y'all, Bronx.
Speaker 3: Can be proud of y'all right now, because y'all are. When I look at Bronx the praticle, I think of Fat Jokes and I think of YouTube brothers appreciate. I could never take it away from Fat Joke because that's my brother and I love him.
Speaker 1: You know, we've been he's been around since I've been around a long time. I love then take that from and they too.
Speaker 3: Person yeah rich, But I didn't like the second this record, the second one.
Speaker 1: I don't even think they even let it get too fun to take that over YouTube right now? The second what's the second second one? You're still on YouTube? The first one I.
Speaker 6: Was in, I was in you did that, but the second one and then now you know, big ship the album is tough.
Speaker 1: They got a nice album.
Speaker 3: Mom. The album is holl announce Drink Chance first it was announced. So again, I just want to big your brothers up.
Speaker 6: I want your brothers to know that in hip hop sometimes we don't do this.
Speaker 1: We don't do what I'm doing right now. We don't say you appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Brenda would have never threw her baby away if somebody would have told Brenda you appreciate hate it. So this is what I this is what I started this for. I just want to tell people.
Speaker 3: See, your stories is one of the really stories in hip hop. Both of you brother stories is one of the most really stories in hip hop. But when I looked at that flat teep Me interview, I watched you.
Speaker 1: And I looked at your mannerisms and I looked at it.
Speaker 3: I said, that is an aura that should be represented because you didn't pick it up, you didn't glorify it.
Speaker 6: He said, this is what I did, and I'm not proud of it, and that right there should be the pinnacle of how we.
Speaker 1: Teach our youth what you did.
Speaker 3: And I know probably you know I love Troy, but Troy probably could look at this and say, GLORI, why do you let it know? That is not what we did. We are just letting people speak their truths. Your version of the truth was so crazy.
Speaker 1: Every real nigga in.
Speaker 6: The world sat back and said, that's how you're supposed to do it. Me, I don't have the courage to do that. I don't have the courage to sometimes call somebody on their bullshit. But you did. And I'm not saying his shit is bullshit.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not. I'm not dicing him as.
Speaker 3: Tentpation to me, you know, because because whenever, whenever.
Speaker 6: You get on anywhere and you and you and you start to big up something that should be picked up, that should be shut down immediately, because we got to we have responsibilities as adults.
Speaker 3: And I don't give a fuck if you don't want to be a role model. Guess what, you a fucking role model. There's somebody on that screen, there's somebody that does something people think.
Speaker 6: So again, I'm not you know, I'm not shipping on slime and no way shape form or fashion.
Speaker 1: But when you stepped up, first off you had did it.
Speaker 3: Uh the Instagram John, then you actually went to the breakfast club. And when you went to the breafast club, you explain yourself so accurately.
Speaker 1: You explain yourself so that I sat back and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, damn nice, and I was gonna call you, but I said, you know what, let me let everybody else call me, and I'm gonna call him later.
Speaker 6: Because I know he knows I appreciate what he's doing. And so for us to be right here, right now, there's nothing more than I want to do, Like.
Speaker 1: I got this platform.
Speaker 6: So what you know, what's more important than about me having this platform is me giving love views like you properly, I got it.
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 6: I don't want to interview these new guys. These new guys, they got one record and they want to. You know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You gotta you got you got you gotta earn your ship to come overhead.
Speaker 15: Fuck the new guys, y'all, y'all ain't even know. I can't see the world, hate your saturated miss you you're listening. I say one thing, these are my No, No, you're not.
Speaker 1: The young niggas. You gotta.
Speaker 13: I'm just saying I don't got to you gotta care. I don't even gotta do a care. But I understand that, all right. It's not the which y'all say real hip hop or the reginal No, that's not what I said.
Speaker 1: That never said.
Speaker 3: I'm saying over because they're saying, you know, niggas never said that.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 13: But I feel like then this is just saving ain't us some certain stans like getting up getting like who kind of kids?
Speaker 3: I was not not you you gotta I got a kid. I'm directly and you can't gotta care.
Speaker 1: One, you gotta care.
Speaker 3: And two to the reason why I can't interview new niggas is because I've never been on tour with them.
Speaker 11: I never.
Speaker 1: I never have a relationship. I never, I never. I never seen them on the run and they come to my shows like that's different. This nigga was on and run in my show like you g I almost want to say, you gotta relax, but he came and he came with eat money bags.
Speaker 3: That's history, that's relationship. Am I saying the new niggas can't build their history. Of course they can, but not here, not now.
Speaker 1: You're not to do slime.
Speaker 3: But the more you come up, I'm gonna watch it because the one thing for show or two things for certain I gotta respect creativity, creativity.
Speaker 6: I don't give a fuck even if you don't like it. I'm gonna respect creativity.
Speaker 1: Expressing yourself because it's expression. People gotta earn you too, people gotta learn it.
Speaker 6: So the thing is with me is I actually had a manager, that nigga that he talked about me. He said, Chris, I actually had a manager that.
Speaker 3: Actually cared about my creativity, and he actually cared about my financial That doesn't exist. Almost these niggas donna give a fuck about you. The nigga's gonna come, they're gonna say, all right, cool, you got a good record, You beat a bougie and that's it.
Speaker 6: So what I'm trying to say is I want to big up to people who survived the era that I survived to survive the fucking shit, and it ain't about financial because you can survive and you can still be down.
Speaker 1: I want to respect the people that went through what I went through and more and they still did like a man because it's so terrible. This business is horrible. It's so horrible.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you, I'm gonna lie. I'm a smile for you as soon as the camera go off. This ship is not that way. So when I smiled when the camera's off, that's genuine. But you've ever seen Karye, You've.
Speaker 1: Seen on me black.
Speaker 6: Then he see the camera on and be like, you know what that is? That's pain. It's pain because he's been fronting so long. I'm not saying front like in a bad way.
Speaker 1: It looks at the chain work again. You can't wear your jewelry and queens no more City boy d. They try to. They try to snatch him. They whip him out. They got it, they whipped him out, but they try to snatch the chain.
Speaker 3: Come to queens anytime or Jerry had you gotta yesterday it was rough for you.
Speaker 1: Let's make the name of city boy. But listen, let's got his shine, he got his ship, He got his ship. Yeah yeah, Hill, he will kill whoever.
Speaker 3: I won't over there, but my bros nigga Mike Move, Mike Move. He never put me in a headlock. He put me in a headlocked yesterday. He was like, everybody, you're the only one that can't swing. I'm but listen. Hip hop deserves to continue to continue to celebrate hip hop. We deserve our people, City Boy, the young really, motherfucking who else.
Speaker 1: We deserve to sit back and just continue to support each.
Speaker 3: Other because if we don't, there will be nobody else that support us. So when you got a legend like she I leave with the Mond Cleare T shirt on, that's very expressive t shirt, very expencive at least eight at least.
Speaker 1: But we gotta continue. We gotta continue to do that. And my song that's how we own it. We love it. You got to remake.
Speaker 3: I got that point, okay, one point. I got media game together a little bit and got a record. Let's talk about this record.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the record. Let's talk about the body. Body. We just finished relation suous. I don't know that man, women, women, female, Oh body that's from the Brocks. You can't we have a ready. You gotta say female the Brocks. You can't somebody I'm a fan, so my son. These niggas catching on the kids. It's funny. Too much keeping it from you.
Speaker 11: I get it.
Speaker 1: Please change it to female.
Speaker 3: But yeah, y'all too, can't already terror of the video? Come, you got to see the video though we don't already we shot already.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the film is on filmed it. You can't say this film out triggered. You can't trigger around, you can't alright, gonna let your niggas, my nigga, I'm so sorry. I went too far, know and you took a straight shot of survive.
Speaker 3: That's all I drinks delicate.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you this though. If I put you in the bell, you're not getting out.
Speaker 18: Yo.
Speaker 1: See. I can't think you about enough. Listen. I want to continue to support. I don't want to even say real niggas.
Speaker 6: I want to continue to say I want to support substance offense, you.
Speaker 1: Know, just like authenticity.
Speaker 6: But I want to continue to support niggas like you, brothers, because you know why behind the scenes, when a person say a person is a real nigga, that's one thing. But then what happens when it is behind the scenes, when the nigga could actually say it there and give you a five and laugh. That to me is a real nigga. Like all the realist niggas I ever met, was never loud. The loud niggas the pussy nigga, and I'm loud, so maybe I might be pussy too. But the loud nigga, what I'm saying, is the nigga that assists there and has fun and he smiles. That's the nigga I'm always worried about because I know that he wanted, he got something to rest. But when the gods just and this is what we got to continue to support and hip hop. And I really can't thank you enough. Che Thank you appreciate having about hanging out in Miami. I did this here unless come to Miami. It's a totally different.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll be like that I'm different in Miami, but my song.
Speaker 6: I can't thank you enough because you know what I'm going to continue to do it I gotta do. That's how we wanted the remixes out Body.
Speaker 3: Body So videos that I'm gonna click the link in my bio b x mice On in what general Instagram b X mice on and y general look at you.
Speaker 1: That's how the dream if the Bronx, it's not.
Speaker 6: If you felt like the Bronx wasn't alive, the Bronx is alive tonight. Wow today b X's reign supreme other than the Bridges over record, I kind of still don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really like that my brother show. That's my nigga. D I t telling me studio studio is tough. You gotta listening parties over that. That's my nephew. I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I gotta be holler on your nephew. You gotta be horder on your fan to thank y'all once again. And we're gonna go on up balcony and smoke us cheap and wanting to smoke this back way forever.
Speaker 1: You can't. You you were like, I ain't gonna lie drinking. Came over here getting wet right now, and you drink it straight. I ain't gonna lie. I was worried.
Speaker 3: Drink stomach, and I'm an drink chap. I'm an alcoholic and I'm not even drinking straight. When I looked, I said, damn, but I wanted you to get drunk because that's that's my wholehood.
Speaker 1: But at the same talking as a friend, I was worried about you. You let's do it. I'm not drink, I gotta picture and