Speaker 1: But I invited you here. I thought I made myself perfectly clear. When you're a guest to my home, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no, guests, you're our presences presents enough.
Speaker 2: I already had too much stuff, So how did you dare to surbey me?
Speaker 3: Welcome to I said, no gifts. I'm Richard Wineger weird. Uh what's going on?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 3: All people wanted me to talk about. I went and did the skydiving that Chris Grace gave to me. The I fly at the Universal City Walk, which is kind of the gem of Los Angeles. I went at eleven am last Wednesday. Had the time of my life, just a thrill. I mean, if the instructor had just let me do my own thing, it probably have been more exciting. But he held on to me the entire time. No one will just let me be me ah, and I probably won't go back. I mean, this is in the middle of a mall, in the middle of a theme park, so it's not that accessible. But I had a wonderful time. It's changed me and you're going to feel that throughout the rest of the episodes of this podcast, So just buckle up. I adore today's guests. I just think they're so wonderful. It's Matthew and Daniel Lipman. You guys welcomed. I said, no gifts, thank you for having us, Thank you so much of course. Well, I mean you begged for months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, months, years. We had a bit when you started the podcast that we were offended. That was only kind of half a bit, uh, that we hadn't been asked. And I think it was five years ago. When was that?
Speaker 3: I think it's been it's almost five years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so the pretty much for the entire run and all the podcasts you've done. How many times have I sent you the Instagram post about the podcast since? Yes? Hmm yeah, really scraping the bottom of the barrel. It's probably there have been multiple friends of ours who have been on I think three or four times. Yeah, I think do you think got her five time? Or she's got the jacket?
Speaker 3: She said she had to be on a fifth time before you too would be allowed?
Speaker 5: How is it up to her?
Speaker 3: Well, it's just kind of a shadow producer.
Speaker 5: Got it, got it? Got it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: It is truly an honored reader. We're very excited.
Speaker 3: I'm thrilled to have you.
Speaker 5: How are you? We're great, We're really really good. I think he downgraded it already. I think we're okay. I think we're going We're gonna be mad by the time by the end. We're doing okay. I think we're doing fine. I'm very happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Though, Okay, fantastic. Uh what was I going to ask you? I can't even remember. I'm so bamboozled by YouTube being here.
Speaker 5: Is there any way you could tell us a little more about the skydiving because I was really interested a.
Speaker 3: Gift I was given on the podcast a few weeks ago, which I was genuinely frequently on this podcast. I'm like, oh, this is something I just have to put in a closet.
Speaker 5: Got it.
Speaker 3: But it was the skydiving, and the guest at, Chris Grace, had listened to a prior episode where apparently I told people I wanted to do indoor skydiving, which you didn't even remember. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know why, but it was a completely lie.
Speaker 3: I mean, we tried to impress some lot of I drove the base.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, they were walking by and they lowered their sunglasses. I would endoor skydive. Oh yeah, certainly.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess it is something in line with something I would say I would like to do and then not want to pay for it as most of my life is it. If he hadn't been on the podcast, I probably would have wanted to do it my entire life and then died. So he really he stepped in and got me skydive and got it. But you go to the city Walk, I don't know what, have you been to the city Walk?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course love the city Walk? Or the Universal City Yeah? Oh got it? That's the one.
Speaker 3: Yes, if the listener is not familiar, it's a mall. It's all an outdoor mall, but it's like attached to Universal.
Speaker 5: It's attached to Universal Studios, and you have to pay the full theme park parking price. Do you have you noticed now?
Speaker 3: This is something that us really stressing me out the entire exp.
Speaker 5: Right, it's crazy. So if you go to a movie, right, you go in the parking structure, it's just like a regular it's like a mall. But because it's the same parking structure as the theme park. When you would expect theme park parking to be wildly expensive, extort, You're right, it's thirty five dollars to park, and they're like and they're like, okay, no problem. You just have to bring this thing and then you get what's it called. You get relation and you get validation, and then they reimburse you thirty dollars cash to give you cat the craziest thing in the entire city. I didn't have to deal with any of that. And then I'm stressed walking back through the mall with thirty dollars cash because that's a lot of money to be walking through all like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, the I fly indoors skydiving. Okay, they really they give you at all. I got to do Ballet Wow for free. If I brought back my certificate of being a first time flyer. I was happy to rub that in people's face.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, are you kidding? You're laminating that thing and putting in on.
Speaker 3: The next strangers in the malla?
Speaker 5: Do you think they were when r Kelly went down? It had to be the themesistently it was.
Speaker 3: It was early quiet, right.
Speaker 6: Was it?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 5: I believe I can fly, and then they just like they brought out most.
Speaker 3: That's another business altogether. Just I believe it's like a franchise of churches or something.
Speaker 5: That's a whole other thing. So so you did it, and then you wanted you had ideas that they wouldn't let you execute because as.
Speaker 3: The cradle you when your first time there, you have to become like an expert in order for them to just let you do it.
Speaker 5: Got it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the guy's holding you like a baby the whole time.
Speaker 5: Fairness with them. They did say no professionals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so it was, but it was exciting. I paid dicks or twenty dollars to go all the way to the top, okay, and it's so exhausting. God, you get down and you're tired. So I just kind of Have either of you ever been skydiving?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, not interesting the plane jumping type. Literally, I'm not a thrill seeker, not thrill seeking bone in my box. No, I'm good, I might track you. I'm okay, honestly that I'm a hard no on that indoor skydiving. I think any type of diving. I don't even really like diving in a swimming pool. The ocean, yeah, oh, I'm not a fan of the ocean. The ocean is. The ocean is terrible.
Speaker 3: It's a bad bull.
Speaker 5: No, there's no reason for it.
Speaker 3: We should be filling it with garbage, more garbage.
Speaker 5: I don't I don't mind that at all. I mean, listen, I like looking at it, and I like being in a hotel room where you can see it sure, or even better, at a pool where you have a view of it. I don't mind an infinity pool that looks like it's part of the ocean, but actually it is the Number one lives?
Speaker 3: Are you leading?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, No, I've seen these. I've seen on TV. I've seen it. I watch very expensive TV. I take really expensive TV vacations. Yeah, yeah, but no, that's the dream. And then, because honestly, the sand is annoying. I can't get over the idea that you could be just like bopping around in a body of water and get eaten by something. It's terrifying. It doesn't make any sense. But why volunteer to go in that thing? That's what I'm saying. It's like, there's really no reason for like, you wouldn't go like swimming in a trash heap. There's just too many things that could go wrong, right, I feel like more things can go wrong. Yeah, I feel much more comfortable in a trash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are many sharks, dangerous fish.
Speaker 5: I think you could wear like some type of armor and dive in a trash heap and be okay. Although maybe in an infinity pool with a view of a trash sheep that is the hotel you want to that or an infinity trash heat that's oh my god.
Speaker 3: It literally looks like in Yeah, you can't see the edge.
Speaker 5: Because I hate when I heard a trash heap and then it's got that rim around it. Yeah, so ugly. And then it's got the thing where it lowers the like differently abled folks into it and had things an iore on trash. Yeah, no one wants that.
Speaker 3: No, I like, I think my biggest problem with the ocean is to drive home. Got it if I can get to a shower quickly within three minutes of being in the ocean.
Speaker 5: But that's so rare, it's impossible. Everywhere. Yeah, take fountain not from the ocean, doesn't go that far it is. It is a pain in the amount of sand everywhere. Then you need I mean, I like a clean car. You gotta get your car detailed. I mean, I love taking my there's a dog beach in Malibu that we would take the Yeah, I love bragging about the public dog beach. It's truly accessible to everyone who's alive. We can go there. It's amazing. It's very far. But my dog is so dirty and sandy that my car is ruined.
Speaker 3: Does your dog like the beach?
Speaker 2: Love?
Speaker 3: So you're keeping the dog from.
Speaker 5: The loves it. I'm keeping the dog for a number of reasons, but the dogs. But the dog is stupid. The dog, Oh sorry, he doesn't like the ocean. He likes the beach just fine. But also he's never really had the opportunity to swim in an infinity pool or an infinity trash heap. Right, right, right, I could have one of those trash you could broaden his horizon. Can you take a dog to a trash heap? That's a good question. Some of them are not pets. Some of them yeah, well there you can have a pet, but it has to be on a leaves. Yeah you can't. Just there's no that's annoying. But they say that you can't. Whatever, it's it's a whole thing.
Speaker 3: What is the most thrilling thing either of you have ever done? Like a like oh, like in that Yeah, I mean edging towards and jumping out of a plane.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. I went for a multi day hike in in China that was like a like easily could have died type.
Speaker 3: Of Wow, just feel outside of your real miscomfort.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I used to be so adventurous. The world has beaten me down to basically being a living room dweller.
Speaker 3: I am to the point of just like the thought of doing something is enough for me.
Speaker 5: There's nothing out there for me. I I enjoy being outdoors, but not with a tremendous amount of risk. So like a hike, I love like, I like, I'm not that much of a couch potato I was. I love that phrase. By the way, I'm trying to bring it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: By the way, remember because we're talking to my kids about this, like it used to be like a negative thing. If your kids just sat around and watched TV. Now that would be like the best kid ever. Because enjoy like being on TikTok. They're just like watching TV. I'd be like, they like long for yacause I couldn't even tell my friends. I'd be bragging. They would be like, Okay, attention space excuse me. Yeah, you know, she's a bit of a couch potato, not to brag much. Must be nice. She loves sitcoms. Oh my goodness, that's amazing. Good for her. It was called the tiger Leaping Gorge.
Speaker 3: Tiger Leaping Gorge, but.
Speaker 5: That is the trip was getting there. You almost felt it was on the way back. On the way. So on the way back, you hike for multiple days, you get to the end, and then you get a ride back sort of along the less high part but still high enough that he knows all the terms. Technically. Yeah, I was quite the outdoor. Yeah, And essentially this driver knows it like the back of their hand. And they're driving incredibly fast, way too fast for my comfort. And it's raining, and there's like parts of the road that have fallen that have like made like waterfalls. It's like a video game. And I read the following week that a van exactly like the one that we were in fell off the uh fell off the road and plummeted to its death. The tourists in it, Wow, well you beat them, Yeah, caught the break line or anything of the van was opportunity because I didn't. I don't think anyone would have assumed less until you said that. I didn't deflate any of the tires or anything again when I would. So you you got there and you're like, no one else will ever get to do this safely? Correct? And so you, oh god you did.
Speaker 3: You wanted to be the last person to do it safely.
Speaker 5: Well, I wanted to prove a point that it wasn't safe. He likes to be the last person to do everything. Once he does it, no one else.
Speaker 3: Very exciting thing you do.
Speaker 5: This isn't safe, and I'll show you. Yeah watch how watch how unsafe it is?
Speaker 3: How did you end up in China? Was it? Did somebody just bring up the idea? Was it a bachelor party? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know the.
Speaker 5: China? Yeah, all those classic Yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 5: I worked for the Olympics in two thousand and eight as a reporter for the Olympic News Service.
Speaker 3: Wow, I had no idea.
Speaker 5: I covered basketball men's and women's and then I stayed and covered the Paralympics, where I covered sitting volleyball. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how long was that the only time you ever did it?
Speaker 5: I did it once. Yes, it was enough. It was unpaid.
Speaker 3: It was unpaid.
Speaker 5: Uh, Yeah, how did what?
Speaker 3: I had no idea about this in your past.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: After college, I was offered this opportunity to go and do this, and I love basketball and I had literally nothing else to do with my entire life, so I said yes, and it was fantastic. I will say everyone else knew this about him in the room that we worked in, which is why we were so surprised that you were the one who had a podcast, because we're like, he didn't ask Daniel any questions about himself at all. I wanted nothing to do with I, Like, have you ever been to China? It would be like such a normal you should ask everybody. You literally went down about travel? Is like your area of interest?
Speaker 3: Here? Has been to China? That's all I want to know about any of it.
Speaker 5: I need to show of hands, storming out of the room so mad when no one had been.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: I went on a Mormon mission to Malaysia. That's where your mission is. Yes, so did you did you finish?
Speaker 5: Did you? We were like and no.
Speaker 3: I associated there for two years.
Speaker 5: I was there for four months four minutes.
Speaker 4: Off.
Speaker 5: It was tropical, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Frosty entering and they got back on the plane came home.
Speaker 5: Got it? Wait?
Speaker 3: Why I got for I had a complete nervous breakdown.
Speaker 5: Got it? Okay, Tod Now I looked like a jerk.
Speaker 3: No, it's fine. I'm happy to talk about this because I was twenty and it was clearly where the path was headed. Right, when you don't quite believe in a thing, and then you go to the most rural, foreign place you've ever been, and then you're on a bike for eight hours a day.
Speaker 5: Wait, part of it was being a that's how you got from place to place.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, we were on bikes, bikes so long. Wow, Because it's like a job, you're going around trying to convert people. Yeah, right, so and then you're trying you're converting you know, the poorest people you've ever met into a church that you yourself.
Speaker 5: Are like, I don't know, I'm not sure this is to help you at all.
Speaker 3: This might actually be first for your situation.
Speaker 5: You're going to have to give us all your money.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, you're obviously swimming and Cass.
Speaker 5: I've always wondered about that. I mean, we've all seen the play, but like when they're handing it out like you obviously, I mean it's a big thing, like people are excited, like The Adorable bike Man. The bike Man played the favorite musical, The Adorable bike Man Broadway smash The Adorable bike Man. I loved it. It was one of the better players I've seen. No, when they're handing out, like, how does it work like in the where they just gather everyone and they're like, you're going here, You're going here. You're like to know where you're you're going on your You get.
Speaker 3: A letter in the mail, you have a ton of interviews beforehand, like to prove that you're like following the rules all of this, And so do some people not get to go? I mean most people get You have to either like an idiot, be like a teen father, or be actively addicted to drugs?
Speaker 5: What about both?
Speaker 3: They're making it back, clean it up, put him a charge.
Speaker 5: You speak directly to God. Okay, you're on your way. Uh No, like being selected for a jury, would you ever be like? But I don't like Malaysians.
Speaker 3: I think you can kind of hint at where you would like to go.
Speaker 5: I want to I'm fluent. How does the hell in Hawaiian?
Speaker 3: You like? They ask you a bunch of questions I don't know if this lead to anything. And then you get a letter in the mail and you open in front of your family and that you find out right then where you're going?
Speaker 5: Got it? And where do you How did you feel about Malaysia?
Speaker 3: Well it was so it was to the Singapore Mission, which covered Malaysia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Singapore.
Speaker 5: Wow, And so I was. I was thrilled.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, this sounds like a wonderful part of the world to visit. I mean, but again on vacation, yes, sure, But as a volunteer job where you're like, your only social contact is one other person who you hate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're on a bicycle. Oh wow, can't be overstated. You are on a bicycle and you hate each other? Did they did? Did you hate that person before you left? Do you know this person? I met him there? Got it?
Speaker 3: And he was just the I mean, the opposite of me in every single way. Got it, kind of not adorable, not adorable, bike a ball, he was very sweating, he.
Speaker 5: Didn't sing at all when we rode. He knew Daniel went to China. China. It's fine, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was I'd like to go back, sure under different circumstances.
Speaker 5: Which can I just sorry, we can get off this. How did you get out of it? You're just like I need to leave.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean it's dark, it gets very dark. It we're probably too dark to a listener on this podcast, and it's fine.
Speaker 5: Expecting a light romp are all my material is really messing Matthew Blue twisted from the twisted mind of you don't want to take a walk up here?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: It is it's dark.
Speaker 3: It's a bad neighbor a bad neighborhood. No, I'm not uncomfortable. I'm actually happy to talk about it. But it's just like kind of yeah, it's a drag, but no, I don't want to breeze past. I'm no longer interested for everyone to be like maybe Bridger can come home?
Speaker 5: Got it okay?
Speaker 3: And then there was like kind of a push for They're like, well, do you want to go somewhere else? Is like, no, I am picturing you wielding a machete? Is that even I didn't get to hold a single knife?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, but we did all that.
Speaker 3: The typical missionary, they're holding a machete.
Speaker 5: Of course, slashing his way through the thick jungle brush. I see you with two, honestly, just like almost more on the back. Don't forget his tiny little ankle machete. They're always like, drop all your machetes. They're like that one and he lifts it up. Yeah, horset micro always carrying a micro machete.
Speaker 3: But yeah, have either of you been to Southern Asia? No, it's so wonderful. There is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I've only been to Japan and it was the fantastic, of course, the best I've been to Thailand's yes, I forgot got it. You forgot that in Russia. Yeah, it's been a lot of places you haven't.
Speaker 3: You've got very nice vacations.
Speaker 5: Look, I've been a few places. I had kids later than some other people.
Speaker 3: Seventy five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just old and I like to travel.
Speaker 3: And I got the bug, the cruising bug.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I love the world, loves the credible good Lord, he loves it. Cities in six days, yes, please, yeah, port support six days, nine nights. Don't know how they do it. It's amazing. All you can see, all you can eat. I love videos of people being left by their cruise ships.
Speaker 3: And running down the Oh my god, I've never seen.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of them. It makes me very happy, it makes me sad, but I also have never really followed up and found out what they do at that point, Like, right, I guess you fly help. You could probably hire a local chopper pilot. But they're not like landing. I don't think that has they have all right, yeah on a thing that they have a fucking go kart track.
Speaker 3: Maybe slide, but we have no way to get someone off.
Speaker 5: In case of they have a submarine, doc you can you can come aboard that way. Yeah, they have a full size arena and a rock climbing walls. They are really crazy, but we can't get anyone. What about that is like, let me just pitch as like a special episode of the podcast, the three of us go on a cruise. We're doing it. We have to do it. I feel like I get a budget. Can we get a sponsor that skyplace will pay for it? Can we go from the beach in Santa Monica? No, but you can't know what there is like a three day like en Sonata cruise. It's like so like Rosa Rito and Sonata and back and.
Speaker 3: The episode will be three days long.
Speaker 5: I think we can. I think we keep the tape rolling.
Speaker 3: We all have MIC's tape to us.
Speaker 5: I think we wear those little headset things and we just walked around around the Yeah, we're like paradise.
Speaker 3: We're in the casino.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness, it would.
Speaker 3: Be great here chewing. We're taking in a show, show after show. World class entertainment.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I went on a cruise. When I went on a cruise when I was uh ten, I believe my family went on a cruise and the highlight by far was that the entertainer they would have these like entertainers. The entertainer on that trip was Susanne Summers. Oh my, that's that's truly. It was crazy. I was a huge, huge, huge Three Company fan and I remember seeing her. I think it was probably like one of the first celebrity because I grew up and we grew up in Chicago's not like seeing a lot of celebrities in the gift shop. And I was absolutely blown away. I thought it was so cool and what was she doing. She was doing like a cabaret show. Basically I went to see going on a cruise today and seeing Julie Bowen, like it's exactly that's exactly, just as Yeah, I would be blown away. And because I've still never met any celebrities, I don't know any I do.
Speaker 3: Not anytime you're on set.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, please if you're gonna, if you're gonna be an entertainer on a cruise, then we can talk.
Speaker 3: Wow, that must have been. I wonder what was happening in her career at the time.
Speaker 5: It must have been, so it was like definitely post that show. It was in I was watching Three's Company and syndication. What's the opposite of a rocket ride? Yeah, I mean it was a cruise, a cruise, a cruise.
Speaker 1: Cruise.
Speaker 5: Clearly it's a cruise ride. And so my guess is like not top of the world if you're cabaret singing on a or was it considered a luxurious form of transportation all the time? Was it a was it a top tier family vacation inspectation? Like she needed to get from Miami to Saint Thomas. Yeah, they're like, I got to get home for Christmas. Well you're gonna have to sing for it, sweetie. She is from Saint Thomas. Yeah, that actually that actually does Thomas. Mom's going to be so disappointed. My kids are going to be pizzed. That is probably what it was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, so you caught her between Three's Company and Step by Step Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably dark days, real pretty exciting. I had. I bought a sweatshirt, uh souvenir s s Norway sweatshirt that was one of my favorite garments for Yeah, that's where. That's where. Yeah, I wrote Susanne Summer underneath. Yeah, in front of her in my own blood, which for some reason she thought was weird.
Speaker 3: She loved us, not her off for me.
Speaker 5: She was like, come home to Saint Thomas and big kid. It was that that gave her the courage to go back to Hollywood. Yeah you sorry, so old child. Writing her name on a sweatshirt in blood as an acrostic, as an acrosstic on the way to Saint Thomas, to her childhood home made her be like I should go back to holl Yeah. She was like super depressed. She was like, I'm just a crucibles, no doubt any children how to spell no one, no one under eleven celebrities. There's no pens around here. Who's going to write my name? I mean, come on, how's he going to do it?
Speaker 3: Things couldn't get worse.
Speaker 5: Her voice is insane in our mind, by the way, anyway.
Speaker 3: She drives a dump try.
Speaker 5: She does.
Speaker 3: Well, there's something else we've got to talk about. We just absolutely have to talk about. You know, as we were talking earlier, you two have been begging to be on the podcast four years, to the point of I mean, it is really sad.
Speaker 5: If you don't ask, I'm not proud of it. But here we are. So look at us now.
Speaker 3: Uh so you're clearly familiar with the title of the show. I said, no gifts. You agreed to be on the show after I kindkind of finally just relented, and I thought, it'll be fine. They'll come by and we'll get it done, and maybe we'll delete the audio. I don't know, maybe we'll just not even records, send them home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, supposed it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 7: As long as we're here, guys, I think, like the walls are going to wheel away this whole play, We're going to come back.
Speaker 5: We swear there was a studio here. I mean, it's certainly deep enough in Burbank that it could be fake.
Speaker 3: It could easily be fake. This could be part of that new Scare prank.
Speaker 5: Show.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, I would love that. We've been begging to be on that show too. Oh yeah, if you know, if you know anyone, By the way, we've been banging our.
Speaker 3: Phone number on this for people to call in if they know someone that can get us on a scare Prink show.
Speaker 5: Please, I'll leave my contacts in the description. He can I do that.
Speaker 3: I don't know how that works. I think you can put those in the descriptions. We'll put your personal.
Speaker 5: Phone number, we put my home address, maybe your wife's phone number.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right right, yeah, we're all pointing. We're all pointing down. Smash that email button immediately.
Speaker 3: It's a subscribe. Okay, now this feels like a distraction. You brought a gift to my podcast. Yeah, a gorgeous gift. Kind of a tan envelope, says Bridger, not even centered in the middle of the envelope.
Speaker 5: Okay, clear this was written in the dark. I'm not sure, okay, or like driving, Yeah, maybe using a steering wheel as a table. I mean, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I don't even have to ask. I assume this is a gift for me.
Speaker 5: It is a gift for you. We just I know it's a you know obviously the title, but we just felt like, look, we've worked together, we're now, you know, more than colleagues, were friends. We wanted to show our deep gratitude for you as a as a colleague, as a friend, and as a host by bringing something. You know, it was the least we could do.
Speaker 3: It was okay, I agree. Well let me get into it here. Let's open it's near the mike.
Speaker 5: The telltale ripping of the Yeah you caught an envelope. Yeah, you really sealed it. Yeah, that's the thick.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, what could this card possibly be for? So? The card says I was really hoping this would turn out different. And it's kind of a pretty car.
Speaker 5: It's a nice card. H So much does it say inside?
Speaker 3: This is such a says I'm so sorry. I know how much this meant to you.
Speaker 5: What is this card for? Okay? What wait? No, we have to talk about the card.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about this car for something else in here?
Speaker 5: But okay, so why don't we do this? How about you? How about you guess? Yeah? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: This could possibly that? What category? You're in CBS and you're looking at all the different there's just because I.
Speaker 3: Know how much this meant to you. I mean, I would get it's like not getting a job or something.
Speaker 5: That's a pretty good guess. That's a great gus. Not correct. Think about something a little bit heavier, a little bit more, a little a little bit more serious.
Speaker 3: Is this that somebody died?
Speaker 5: Not exactly depending on where what side of the aisle you're on. How about this? I took a picture of this, okay, because I didn't think that anyone would actually believe me.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to show you what it says. And then you infertility. Oh my god, this is such a weird category. It's certainly not like a conversation you have with close flints. No, you just want somebody a car to drive all so.
Speaker 5: Overplex do you go there looking for that card where you're like, oh, all right, I see Valentine's Day. You guys don't have infertility, do you.
Speaker 3: This is such a personal, intimate conversation you have.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable. Also say like, I know you were hoping it would turn out differently. Of course, Yeah no, no, no, that's really card.
Speaker 3: You were.
Speaker 5: It's also like not something that you like, Let's just say a man is infertile like you are. There's nothing to reverse it necessary, right, Like, that's it.
Speaker 3: This is not your boss is not buying this card. You know, it's not like someone you have a cold relationship with.
Speaker 5: This, it's not a casual acquaintance. It's also wildly inappropriate for your spouse, because that would be the person you truly share this sadness with.
Speaker 3: To get you a greeting card, you'd be like, why why the marriage? It's like, I thought you hope this marriage would turn out different, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well yes, I thought I would someone who could give me kicks, who wouldn't buy me cards. The trajectory of the marriage has has gone south. Now everything I thought was gonna happen with my life is now different. Card came in. I spent three ninety nine at CVS. I think they're hoping that because obviously I don't. I can't imagine anyone's going looking for it. I think they put it in a place like where between like birthday and bar Mitz or something where there's I saw someone who's infertilesing, you know what I mean? It was right at eye level. I think it's one of those where they want you to see it when you're in there for something else, and then when you encounter an infertility diagnosis, you know that there's a I.
Speaker 3: Don't have social skills right, and you're a complete.
Speaker 5: And you want your marriage or your partnership to end immediately. You present that person with a card who's been just given devastating news, you're profoundly emotionally. That being said, I do think a card that you send someone for like a death, it's almost like even more common, were far more common. Yeah, So like I think it's that is touching. I mean that can be nice.
Speaker 3: Well, with the death you can find out in the newspaper, yes, exactly, but you're not finding out someone I usually which well you haven't.
Speaker 5: Read if you haven't read my circular. He likes to go to go out with the bank. Yeah yeah remember her? Oh yeah, you guessed it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would love to see more cards in this category.
Speaker 5: Nice thing about that card and the reason that it wasn't just for the gag, but I also thought it probably would apply to our performance on the podcast. Right, of course, that's the nice thing. I'm going home in a rage, almost driving off the road. You just look at that glance on your front seat see and you're like, that was sweet.
Speaker 3: You know what, They gave it their best. We all tried to.
Speaker 5: You're certainly throwing a scarf around yourself in a haste as you drive off without.
Speaker 3: A Okay, well should we get into what's happening here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's my order for thirty dollars. Yes, and it says a memo podcast that's appropriate. I okay, so you just wanted to pay who and or what is being paid AGAs a transaction.
Speaker 5: Again, it's not a pay to play thing for being on the podcast. Again, I thought take it as a bride. We thought a little a little check would help soften again the blow of probably a lackluster Well, if this.
Speaker 3: Cuts out to other other people, they're going to try paying thirty dollars to get on the podcast.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we're gonna have a flood by the way, Yeah, I mean that's not a terrible thing. You said that. I definitely won't end up in your closet. I would imagine this is.
Speaker 3: Thirty dollars worth of cocaine.
Speaker 5: That's got to click. I know your night's gonna go. It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 3: What so, what was the thought behind this.
Speaker 5: I just wanted, you know, I think we were just thinking something that you I mean, we've listened to a lot of the uh, and it seems like many people do disobey you. Sure, uh and it felt like you have a lot of stuff. This way you can buy yourself something that you really need. Yeah, really want something skydiving thing, you know, by the way, I mean, it's I don't can I say. It seems like now that you're almost at a point on this podcast where you're soliciting things that you want people to give you. Like you were like it's like skydiving just happened to come up, or you're like, we.
Speaker 3: Should maybe you should brainstorm things.
Speaker 5: We nightstand a single night stand, just one night stand that's pushed up against the wall in your guest room where you often sleep in a rage. Maybe keep them there to uh keep the card in there?
Speaker 3: You did you go to the post office together?
Speaker 5: I went to the post office. Is a huge I went to I went to the post officey, this was not it was on the way. I did walk in to the Studio City post Office. Shout out Janice for the best.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: It was completely empty, and so I would I would have gotten mad if that. The bit was I had to wait for two hours to get a postal money order because I was pot committed by then. There's no I parked. I was there. We're getting that that money order. Yeah, this is and I just honestly, the real reason I got the money order is I thought you would not believe that we could pass a real check.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of course I would have had to.
Speaker 5: Cash back cash it is and again counterfeit.
Speaker 3: The hologram band.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. Yeah, I know how you are, and I have written you some bad checks in the past, but that that's a.
Speaker 3: Pretty bad situation.
Speaker 5: Not good. I've given you a counterfeit biller.
Speaker 3: Who has handed at Target. I was just trying to do a grocery trip and suddenly.
Speaker 5: Called off in to Target jail. Yeah, we paid your script fee in cash. Remember that one time? I thought that was funny. Well, you go throwed a bunch of stuff for us, a bunch of our scripts, and all paid. It was a fake Samsonit briefcase, by the way, not even the suitcase. Remember it just fell into dust and just turned into dust but exploded.
Speaker 3: That was the only thing you would spend money on.
Speaker 5: Quality so weird because you think we didn't rob a bank. We literally made counterfeit money and then put die packs in for no reason, just just just for the funny. So when you opened it up to get your script fee, it exploded in your face and died your face blue. For it was several weeks, it was. It was weak.
Speaker 3: I had to I was out of the public eye for at least a month, ordering in.
Speaker 5: So and then trying to pay in cash and getting beaten up by delivery people.
Speaker 3: It was bad, just snowballing.
Speaker 5: So anyway, so you understand now why the money order.
Speaker 3: What is a money order for at this point of time, what are we.
Speaker 5: I would imagine it's a it's the equivalent of like a cashier's check, just to prove that it's like actual real So I'd imagine like if you're putting a deposit on an apartment or something that require you can pay I don't know taxes with it. I'm not I'm not really sure. I think honestly. Now, mostly it's for gifts for podcast hosts. I think it's like I think that's like it's number one currency.
Speaker 3: Viral giving money orders to podcast.
Speaker 5: Host I gave a podcast House of Money Order.
Speaker 3: Forty million views TV deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they're making a lot of money. They don't make any money on it. Oh, no, they do. They make two two thirty five, So just wait for the post office makes it. It's a two thirty two dollars and thirty five cent fee.
Speaker 3: So you have to pay thirty two dollars for this thirty two fifty? How old fashion of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I paid the two to fifty. Then you said I think I got to fifty on it. Yeah. I was like, okay, I'll just I'll put up the thirty. That's fine, I'll get the card too. Fought tooth and nail against this. I was like, I can scram something in my house for free. I have soup.
Speaker 3: Like a lot of past guests, it's fake. It's fake grabbing at things on their way out of the house.
Speaker 5: Sure has that ever happened on this show? Or it's very obvious?
Speaker 3: I mean we have, I mean guests frequently say well I saw this, Yeah, got it in my in my apartment. Yeah, like I had to get rid of this that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw this and thought of you. It's a preas floor mat, very dirty, very very filthy.
Speaker 3: Well, now I've got to think about thirty dollars things that i'd like to buy.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you don't have to only spend it on thirty dollars things.
Speaker 3: Well, but that's why you don't know me for god, Okay, okay, So if a cent more, I'll feel like my day's rude.
Speaker 5: I'd like, Oh, they got me to spend more money. Not easy, okay, got oh. I think it's I think it's a reasonably priced entree.
Speaker 3: It is a recently Yeah, it's like a reasonable meal at a you know, diner.
Speaker 5: But it's like a chicken parmesan at John and Vinnie's, like twenty seven and then you and.
Speaker 3: Then they build the tip in.
Speaker 5: That's how John and Vinnie get you. Yeah, that's how they get you.
Speaker 3: They're yeah, because they build the tip in. And then I also say you need to tip right.
Speaker 5: No, I don't do it anymore. Oh okay, yeah, right, public.
Speaker 3: There was a situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'll have to go to the bank and deposit it. It creates a little work. Yeah, it's because then you'll get your money, but you'll have to work for it. But I also like that then you'll think about us when you're like, why do I have to go to the bank to do this thing? And then you'll spend your You'll find your entree and you'll be excited.
Speaker 3: Because we are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: You do need to, I mean, you don't have to, but I'd love you to keep us posted on like what.
Speaker 3: You'll find out what I buy? I mean, I'll have to post about it on Instagram. Listeners are going to demand what thirty dollars item?
Speaker 5: And not to brag.
Speaker 3: Just yesterday, I opened an envelope at home. I got thirty five dollars from a sewage class action lawsuits.
Speaker 5: Wow, I don't even know what was happening. Can you actively take part in it?
Speaker 3: Apparently it was happening to me, and that's all that had to happen. They gave us all thirty.
Speaker 5: Five Really living your Aaron Brockovich moment, fighting injustice in the sewage industry. That's amazing. To the sewers ship cluster, I know it. It smells paramo everywhere in this whole block smells bad. I know, let's sue immediately.
Speaker 3: Let's not even look into it.
Speaker 5: We don't need to start doing You don't need to do any of the tests. It's none of the records. Just follow your nose. They didn't even really put up a fight. It wasn't dramatic at all. They're like, all right, sure, here's someone high.
Speaker 3: Hell literally, yeah, I've so now I've got sixty five dollars to my name.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey, and one of them was able I was able to deposit electronically.
Speaker 5: Oh you can do that too, Yes, of course, I'm sure you will be able to.
Speaker 3: Oh I think this actually, I wonder if you can deposit of money order electronically.
Speaker 5: You know what you could do is you could go what if you went to the post office and just bought thirty dollars worth of stamps.
Speaker 3: That's actually not a bad you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean, Like you're bringing it back. It's kind of full over the post office.
Speaker 3: I can get the stamps I actually want.
Speaker 5: Finally, Yeah, because you sign up for that mystery box and that's been a.
Speaker 3: Whole pain, very offensive staff.
Speaker 5: You never know what you're gonna get. How can those be real? Some of those I genuinely don't understand. I really don't understand. I love when people at the post office take so long to decide what stamps they want. Of course, caboos. It's caboos. Wait no, no, no, no, no, no no no no no no, no no no no. Heart, that's the van.
Speaker 3: You should be designing.
Speaker 5: Stamps. They usual American flag, which I think is like this default, the standard. Yeah. I just made both of those.
Speaker 3: Up right off the top of your head, right, that's amazing stamps.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, that is insane. That's really good.
Speaker 3: Uh well, I'll have to. I mean, we could brainstorm thirty dollars things now other than dinner. Let's say I could buy a decent shirt.
Speaker 5: What decent shirt?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? I could find a lot of decent shirts. Okay, shirts, probably a T shirt ultimately, but yeah, okay, like a.
Speaker 5: T shirt you could buy. I feel like a pair of socks, like sandals.
Speaker 3: Sandals, probably socks and sandals.
Speaker 5: Nor classic. That's insane. It is a classic, classic combo. This climate it's getting, it's getting, it'll turn turn. Oh you're not talking politically, you're actually talking in this climate. Yes, actually breathe.
Speaker 3: Oh got it because you used to be political. No, no, no, no, I'm also surprised.
Speaker 2: You do not.
Speaker 5: I was like, no, do not, get don't go there. I've never been said, don't go there. I don't believe in talking about it very person I don't play politics. I don't talk about politics. There's nothing happening that I'm aware of right now that makes us like feel like we should talk about it. I think it doesn't affect me, like I'm chilling, and I think a lot of people like his political stances, like I'm gonna be fine, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think that that's I'm gonna be fine. Yeah, yeah, like doesn't matter. Let them fight it out, like I'll be through it. I'm gonna eat. Yeah, you know, I'm gonna buy sandals and I'm gonna wear socks with them. We'll throw around thirty dollars like it's thirty two to fifties. Put as much of a fee on it as you want, because I'm still buying it. It's like a half a joke.
Speaker 3: Well, this is a this is a trip to the po or to the bank for me. Yeah, I have, you know, I have my bank I go to. It feels like a very old fashioned feels like it is one that could be robbed at any point. Why is that just No, it's like a very old school bank. I think it's like probably been there for one hundred years or something. They've obviously updated a little bit, but there's something about it. When you walk in, You're like, someone's certainly going to come in with a gun.
Speaker 5: Right, it sounds like it's you. You're going to go.
Speaker 3: I think somebody should come in with the gun. This is the place to do it.
Speaker 5: Like, I've written down the security guards walking patterns, so this is really starting to look I know that the manager is a drinking problem, so I've got that figured out. Security guard watch is shark tank.
Speaker 3: Just like clockwork deafening vault.
Speaker 5: You've got a dry cleaning van that you are you still driving around that dry cleaning van.
Speaker 3: That you've got a new one one?
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, nice. Well, look I robbed a few banks.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta spend money to make money.
Speaker 5: That would be the dream I would love if that was your story, if you rob banks.
Speaker 3: I'd be delighted to be able to just like if you could tell everyone, or like tell one person like listen, this is just kind of a joke and then get to do it, yeah, and then be like, well tell him. I was kidding a million. Everybody was kidding phenomenal. I would love that.
Speaker 5: I think they would take kindly to that.
Speaker 8: Hey it's a big come on, have a sense of humor so sensitive? Oh my god, shell something dragged?
Speaker 5: I love it. I hope we do it. What if we robbed the casino or like the bank wherever they store all the money on our cruise?
Speaker 3: Oh as part of the podcast record?
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, like Bridges three? Yeah, eleven is much much worse, way more boring and stupid.
Speaker 3: Take that.
Speaker 5: Wait, sorry, you think it would be smarter.
Speaker 3: It would be smarter, It would only be sexier. Yes, it would have way more panache if the panash would be through the room.
Speaker 5: What about the what about the off camera pranks? Would they be better?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, look who you're talking to? The original pranks? Sir?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I sat down on a thumb tack. Oh wow, it's still in you. I really thought I had guess it was a whoop because it was unbelievable. Yeah, it was amazing, all right, So may I take it back? That is that should be our move? Yeah, that's the move. You go on a three day cruise. What day do you think you rob on? You can't one? As soon as you get on that you walked straight. You walk straight to the bank on the cruise shah because there's probably a t yeah exactly, they have to and then you hide in plain sight sight. O interesting. What if we did, like what if we did like an inside man type of thing, Oh, cruise for like years. That's good. The wall of like some just like in the like inside no window. You're like in the walking fridge that you've built in the walking fridge. Rockets of course got it.
Speaker 3: So it's a false walk in fridge and so many milkshakes and all.
Speaker 5: You can drink. Well, I think it's fucking built out of cardboard. I think did silver. The thing we're doing is all the food. We're running a line though to the milkshake machine so we can drink it like we have our own tap. That's the only thing we can drink.
Speaker 3: Just out of a crazy straw, the three of.
Speaker 5: Us just passing it back and forth for years on the open water.
Speaker 3: That almost feels like the right idea for a movie.
Speaker 5: It feels like, I mean, we're definitely closing in on something. Bridges three is dancing with the diabetes devil in a crazy way. But I guess is there a version where you know, I think you're right first day, because if you went third day maybe you could. Or you did it right before you got off in Insonada and then just disappeared into Mexico.
Speaker 3: Right you get off on one of those busy ports.
Speaker 5: That's wearing sunglasses and chasing you is going the opposite way of the flo You're calmly walking off in disguise. As the police arrive, you know what I mean. They come in and then you're walking off. The camera. Obviously we go to like a crane shot as we walk in down Son and you realize we have to live there for years and years. The ultimate life is lindsay, I'll send for you. Yep. Yeah, she has to take the same cruise. Yes, it's the only way. He's going to retrace our steps. And she's gonna like be knocking on like the wall of the walk in realizing that it's a fall she's doing like she's just doing the walk in fridge equivalent of it's a man baby, Yeah to every fridd she's every friend.
Speaker 3: It's not a fridge baby.
Speaker 5: Yes, this isn't a French baby. It's not everyone's like you're offending every fridge here. It's so rude, so rude. It's so rude. Do I make That's what she says to the milkshake machines.
Speaker 3: It's in the Austin Power step.
Speaker 5: Type of investigator. Investigative. I'll tell you. Lindsay is an amazing detective. She gets very Austin Powers when she when she investigates stuff, it is it is wild. Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 3: Austin Powers was kind of an I mean, he was a spy, but also more of an investigator. He was.
Speaker 5: He straddled.
Speaker 3: I think he was getting in there and you know, pulling wigs off and doing that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Of course it's tough to Yeah, I guess the line is fuzzy. I guess between like international, well, he was an international man of mystery, was his.
Speaker 3: That sort of is like a pretty big umbrella name. He could do truly anything he wants anything.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think the movies. I think the Three Movies proved that. Yeah, right in the way. Also, I think so in only in only the best he could even do the British accent anymore. Now in the in uh in this speaking of I mean political anymore, I can't do anything British. I mean, he was doing British and Scottish. I mean, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Get away?
Speaker 5: I believe that we watched that movie and last yeah day trying to cancel him.
Speaker 3: Anybody see this.
Speaker 5: Clip of dance needs the same film, just different clips. Everything he says isn't in a British accident. Oh so I can't play this, but he can put on the teeth. Okay, okay, all right, bald cap. He remember he played doctor eating. He does the Lord Michael's voice. That's Canadian. It's Canadian. So he's doing it is crazy, It is wild. I'm staying out of the shot. I'm saying he's he's Mike Myer to I mean, full disclosure is attached to it. One of Daniel's projects, several actually, each of them each literally, and that's why he doesn't want to say anything because all of them it's like Mike Myers and Mike Myers and Mike Myers. He's pumping. We don't know what the Maybe you can help us with this. Honestly, this is a great idea. What none know what. We don't even have the audio. We know that there's a dinner scene, and we know that the camera moves around to each person and they say something crazy and each one is a Mike Myers. But we don't know where the movie goes. We don't know what it's about.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Attached, He is attached. He is attached based on that pitch.
Speaker 3: That's all it took.
Speaker 5: That is all solid gold when you're us, Yeah, that proven it does for it. You have the idea, we have the idea. We have the IP. I mean we're calling it IP. It's a dinner scene where he plays nineteen carecter. By the way, it's a it's like a graduation, like it's a big event. It's a banquet. It's a banquet table and he plays nineteen characters one of the tables, another table strangers, different strangers to each other, by the way, to nineteen person tables. That's just that's just in that timeline. Yeah, there's a multi yes in that timeline. Yeah, there's a poor all to a much bigger dinner. Yes, somewhere else, much bigger. It's I'm gonna give you a hint. I think we just cracked it. It's in the with the walk In. Oh goes through the walk In investigating a cruise robbery with his partner Lindsay played by Daniel's wife as herself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then this is a spinoff of Bridgers three.
Speaker 5: This is it's inspired. I think it's a prequel. Oh, it's a three. Yeah, we're gonna have to cut him in. It's a prequel. Yeah, you know what. The money and we'll figure all right, give us the thirty and you're in. Yeah, slide. Everyone is bought in for thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirty dollars. I think that that's typically how these deals.
Speaker 5: Thirty dollars in a greed in car. You know we won that. That attachment feed didn't read about that in the strike, of course.
Speaker 3: The attachment Yes, I thought for that very hard. That was my sign, the attachment feed. Yeahs walk for free. That's what screw you, studios. I never want to work for you.
Speaker 5: Again without an attachment I thought that was smart.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna take this and spend it. I'm to put it towards something very important. Probably I'll probably spiral for days trying to think of what I'm gonna buy.
Speaker 5: I would only hope, and I honestly I feel bad now. I should have thought that you this would be a disaster.
Speaker 3: For this would just be days of my busy, busy line.
Speaker 5: The other bit I did think would The other gift that we were considering was a horse.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well there's always a second episode.
Speaker 5: Okay, well there is after that gift. Well, I was gonna say, I feel like if that doesn't get us back, I don't know what will.
Speaker 3: Well, if I hear the sound of a horse over a phone, I'll consider if you hear the telltale clomping, yes of a horse, a little bit of a winnie in the background as we're chatting, look behind you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, during the during the pre interview, it would be great if we went out into the parking lot and we walked out together and I was on horseback. If we sent a and it was like hey, parrotts, yeah, sugar cube, goga cubes, a stall and then there is no horse. You do eat all, just ride Daniel it bridle whip. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we should play a game. Okay, We're gonna play a game called Gift or a Curse. And I need a number between one and ten from you two.
Speaker 5: From we combined decide on Yeah, you got damn six. Okay.
Speaker 3: I have to do some light calculating to get our game pieces. So right now you can promote, recommend, do whatever you want with the microphone.
Speaker 5: I'll be right back, got it. What do we want to promote? Well, we recently made a show called mister Throwback we did, which is on the Peacock streaming platform. It's available everywhere that Peacock is available. Everywhere that you have Peacock. It's also available there. Get Peacock and then you can have the show. It's it's a fun show. Stars Stephen Curry, the basketball player, Adam Palley, the comedian ego Wodhem also a comedian, Tracy Latts, the living legend Aiden Mayary T, Tran Rich Summer, Uh, Blair Beacon uh. And it was created by us and Adam and our friend David Casp who is a dear friend and also knows Bridger. He's never been on this. Does he do podcasts? I don't think he wants kind of a you know, he's he's reclusive.
Speaker 3: He hides in the shadows.
Speaker 5: He's deep. Yeah, he's deep in the shadow. Will force him to ask him, but then he'll do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the sort of person who'll do it. Regards then never he'll dodge me for the rest of us life.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right. He's a way. He'd much rather do that than just say he can. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, the show is very good. Thank you two former guests of the show.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, the last fantastic, absolutely delightful.
Speaker 3: People then gave me a beautiful clip on bangs. Okay, that's a great gift, and gave me mostly used.
Speaker 5: Bottle of lotion. All right, so both excellent gifts was from her car. Very fortunate with the casting we worked, I mean they were everyone on the show is so brilliant and made us look incredible.
Speaker 3: I mean, i'll give your give yourselves all the credit, actually take the credit now.
Speaker 5: They didn't fuck it up.
Speaker 3: They got very lucky.
Speaker 5: It was the Mona Lisa and they didn't fuck it out. They said the words that we wrote and it was truly I mean, such a murder's row of talented folks. Though you would you would love Tracy Lett's. Oh I'm sure he is a genius and such a great writer. I mean he won a Pulitzer Prize and a Tony he won he won the Pulitzer for August Osage County. Oh of course, right, and so like we would just walk up to him and be like, hey, if you want to say a different word here, like whatever, like, and he would say the most insanely funny, brilliant things and add in ways that we truly never could have ever in a million years, and was so funny and incredible. I don't think I'll ever be anything, and I'll try. No, no, like we would. We would give him a note and then he would most of the time, ninety percent of the time like take it, no problem.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 5: Few times he pushed back, it was only with like the most thoughtful character calculations that he had already made, and he'd be like, well, I was thinking, like, isn't he this way because of this and that, and just like yes, yes, definitely, yeah, one hundred percent, you're so right. Just stuff we never thought about, and he did and it was amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh it's tough feeling to get pushed back, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: It's great best thing ever. Honestly, I always I'd rather have that.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I want to get in a fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, it always, you know, I want to tell them they're wrong, they agree with the note that.
Speaker 6: You're like, actually scratch that, do it the other way. Yeah, what you took that note, you idiot. It's wrong, it's wrong.
Speaker 5: In fact, you are a bad actor. You're tank your career, you own show. You really have fired so many actors on your on shows. It's great.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm known for kind of just releasing them for the day. Find somebody. Now, we gotta need to replacement in five minutes.
Speaker 5: I don't care what they look if you come on SATURD. It's kind of like, that's the kiss of that, that's can I tell you what what I My favorite move of yours is when you hire the other actor before you fire the first one, and have them just walk in in costs, in the same wardrobe, same as the person, or sit next to them and be like hey, and then you're like excuse me, can I talk to you? To the first actor? And then you fire? That is ice, Well, I've learned.
Speaker 3: It's been years of you know, fine tuning the process.
Speaker 5: You don't want that. You don't want that downtime in between actors. No, no, that's true.
Speaker 3: The budgets are so slender now, they're just killing us everywhere they can.
Speaker 5: Second. No, no, no, absolutely, because you can always like have them do one last take and then you just face replaced, right right replace? You like to tell them that it's fine, we'll just you're fired, but we will face and we'll face replace. Don't we'll voice replace to It's yeah, this is all gonna get. Don't worry, don't worry. But can we just have you just for camera? Can you? Okay?
Speaker 3: This is how we play Gift or a Curse. I'm gonna name three things. You're going to tell me if they're a gift or a curse and why, and then I'll tell you if you're right or wrong. Because there are correct answers. You can lose.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: It should be very embarrassing for both of you, of course.
Speaker 5: And should we both just shout out our answers.
Speaker 3: I think you should uh talk to each other about it. Be exercise.
Speaker 5: Oh got it. That's great. So there's not like this, not like we're punching through. Talk it through? Okay, casual?
Speaker 3: Okay, First, this is the first one. It's from a listener named Joe. A Gift or a curse? Two employees and customer service e g. Two baristas who make a point to finish their personal conversation before making eye contact with you or acknowledging your presence at the register.
Speaker 5: Man, I feel like there's a trick question. I feel like I feel it. I think it's a I think it's a curse. I have to say curse. It's not something. I mean, i'd be curious to hear what they're talking about, but I can hear what a lot of people are talking about all the time, all the time. Yeah, it's not professional, right, keep it at home. Also, keep it at home. They don't live together. Well, this is the only opportunity they have to talk. It seems like they hang out outside of work. You're friends. Maybe not. Maybe that's a heated conversation that they'll tell you why. It's why. It's also a curse. Eye contact with me? Uh no, they said, oh yeah, they finished the conversation before me. That's a no no too. Well, you don't want that eye head down? What can I get you? Got it all right? So, because it's not the converse station that defends you, it's the fact that once they address you, they make it. Okay, I'm okay with that. I think we got to go curse wrong. Oh it's a gift, okay. Love.
Speaker 3: These two have their personal conversation it feels nice to just vanish in public for a few seconds. It's just kind of, you know, you're just kind of it's an ego. You know, you're learning things about yourself. You're watching these two people. Maybe they have a little chit chat that we all want to wrap up chit chat now and again, and somebody needs our help.
Speaker 5: They can wait, got it. Maybe they're talking about a recipe and you're learning it. Yeah, maybe i'm evesdropping. Maybe it's great.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's some juicy gossip.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: Uh, and even if it's not interesting to me, they should take as much time as they want.
Speaker 5: What is the but to what end? How much time can they take?
Speaker 3: Five to ten minutes?
Speaker 5: Five to ten So you're for me, the line forms. You've waited in line, right, assuming you get up to the front and now two people who are it's supposed to be a one second thing where they're like, what can I get you? They're talking to each other to ten minutes. I don't know if you know how long of a television comedy. No, it's basically it's almost a half. Yeah, it's almost a half. Yeah, because twenty one having a conversation and you're standing there the first act.
Speaker 3: Family about loved ones, can't give guccino.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, like, get the drink and then go, go go.
Speaker 3: I'm so busy I would be thinking about.
Speaker 5: It, But why can't they talk and do their job at the same time, because that's what they have is so much more important. So deep, Yeah they have you know, you're right, Sherman. I agree. I agree. We were spid.
Speaker 3: Does it?
Speaker 5: Does this? Do you guys do instant replay to check to like decide to slow down?
Speaker 3: Okay, extream, It'll be like a video.
Speaker 5: I'm just I'm saying, is there a judge who could, like.
Speaker 3: Right sitting and you're looking at it.
Speaker 5: Right, we lost the judge, Jerry executioner. Oh yeah, God, Q Man, get it through your head. We're going to be cruising time.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 5: Can we get to Long Beach in fifteen minutes?
Speaker 3: Well take the Burbank Airport if we way, we can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if we get along two minutes late, we're taking a blade. Yeah that's true. We're sobbing in Okay, okay. Number two.
Speaker 3: This is from a listener named Jennifer. Gift to a curse getting someone else's food order through a drive through and not realizing until you get home.
Speaker 5: M I gotta say, it depends. I think it has to depend on Uh, it has to depend on what it is. I my brother and I can I tell a story answer first.
Speaker 3: You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 5: As long as the story gets to an answer.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's just completely.
Speaker 5: It gets to the answer of my what my answer would be. We there was a Chinese restaurant that we used to love in Arcadia, I believe or San Gabriel called meylong Ville. It was an incredible Shanghaiese restaurant that is since closed that we were obsessed with. I went one time. My wife was pregnant at the time. I went and I got so much extra food. I was like, I ordered like five things. I ate there and then I took the rest home very excited. This family next to me was like laughing at how much food I ordered, and they were eating their food. Get home with these two enormous bags that were heavy to carry in. I was like, honey, guess what I got. I'm so excited. I open up the first box. I got the other people's order, their entire table, and it was devastating none of my front pan fried noodles, none of my Shanghai rice cakes, none of the uh.
Speaker 3: Several bricks.
Speaker 5: That's the back I got. Yeah, that was cool. That was That was aw Also, I'm gonna say curse people have disgusting eating habits, and I would say, I have great taste of food. So whatever I'm going to order is going to be It's gonna be of thoughtful order. Are good.
Speaker 3: You're so nice to have in a workplace because you care.
Speaker 5: We do. Can some people want when the menu thing comes out, give me the ball. I'll take course. You can be trusted. Yes, there were people on that show we worked on together who would order from places just to anger everyone.
Speaker 3: If you remember, I mean, I could, I could tell a story. I mean I'll say, is that if you force me to order lunch from a place that you know everyone hates, Yes, the future of your career may be in danger.
Speaker 5: Oh, you have that much power.
Speaker 3: Look, people ask around about people, People ask around about people and.
Speaker 5: You and you you should say this before you give your tell us if we're right or wrong. You have pretty specific tastes. The only thing, Yeah, yeah, enjoy food is the only thing. So if I'm going to order the things are going to be, they're gonna work in harmony. Sometimes it's stuff for my kids. If I'm not going to get that, that's going to cause me a world. I think we got I think we gotta go. Curse. You're either getting chicken feet or you're getting like a bacon eater, sometimes chicken, sometimes feet.
Speaker 3: Right, So you're saying curse. I mean, I can't argue, but it's a curse. But a horrible feet.
Speaker 5: It's not good. It can't be.
Speaker 3: I mean I would love to say. I mean, it's in someone else's shoes, right, and we could all use that peek into other people's ordering.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think everyone Okay, I'm backing off.
Speaker 5: It's a gift, no what no, because people are people are sitting in the comfort of their own homes and they're ordering food like little piggies included. It depends what on the restaurant. I mean maybe I feel like you just want what you want, you know, I mean, by the time, your foods so expensive? Have you noticed how expensive food? Are you kidding? Twenty eight dollars for a cheeseburger?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 5: Last time I checked it was free? When was that you worked. Oh yeah, you had a cheeseburger factory. That's not a fair comparison. You can't if you own the factory that makes charity that gave out burgers. Last time you checked, Yeah, last time I checked. Being charged free? It's free?
Speaker 6: Got it?
Speaker 5: That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've gotten one out of two so far.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: This is the This is the rubber man.
Speaker 3: That's from a listener named Katie Gift to a curse cyclists who don't remove their helmet when they go shopping.
Speaker 5: Huh, they don't remove their helmets when they go shopping. Now, let me ask this question. I wonder if they're wearing bike shoes, if they're clamping, Yeah, if they're clamping, if they're clamping about, I'm going to say, I don't want to hear the clumps.
Speaker 2: You have.
Speaker 3: This is just the helmet because he is the.
Speaker 5: Least offensive part of the bikers get up. I think it's a blessing, and I think it's partially I'm gonna think. I'm going to think about them for a second. It's a blessing to them having biked in the past. You're you sweat you bike. You've got a very weird that the internal sort of mechanism that holds the plastic thing that holds the helmet on, it's messing your hair up. Your hair is looking really bad. So I think it's a blessing to the person and everyone around that person to not have to see probably the worst their hair. I would imagine it's ever gonna look. I think it's a curse in that I dress up for me, put some thought into the act. If you know you're going to be biking, go home, put it respectable looking outfit on where you're not wearing a helmet, and come back to the store looking proper. But what if they're using the bike as transportation. It's a very Find a shower, take a horse bath in the in the bathroom. Surely the place that you have that you're going into has a bathroom. Change clothes. So you're gonna put on oh like that's you've never seen saddle bag. You're going to put the saddle back. You can do a messenger, right I did. Oh my god, back in the day. Can you believe that that was a thing? Now we can just email.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, can you imagine?
Speaker 5: I know, tell you put them all out of business. The fax machine. Yeah. I mean I remember when it was free. What was free? What's bike? Okay, so let's get messages. Package was dead free.
Speaker 3: Receiving anything is always is usually you're getting package. Factory charity was this.
Speaker 5: It was a package charity, truly the worst charity. I mean, I could see why people would want cheeseburgers, but just a package whatever in it. They eventually the businesses, uh, they merged. Got oh, sure burger, he's made burger packaging.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh interesting, there's a lot of money there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all the money is in there. You went back on the charity. When a burger is twenty nine dollars, I mean, think about That's what I'm saying. Twenty six of it is the packages thing is a free burger. This guy's this guy's making twenty six dollars wrapper. Yeah, foil. It's a piece of salk foil. Eventually it'll just be wrapped in in postal postal money orders. It's a scary dollars. It's a scarf. It's a burger wrapped in a scarf. It's like Steve, it's called Steven Tyler Burger. It's a great place they were trying to start we're trying to get him attached to a burger place. Yeah, all right, blessing or curse someone is walking. It's a gift.
Speaker 6: Sorry, gift, it's a gift. Uh all right, you know, I'll it's a curse. It it's I don't want to look at it. I don't want to look at you in your helmet and your stuff.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll just I think we have to have a united front, and you feel I think more passionate about this than I don't want to see it than we don't. We don't want to see it. We don't want to see it.
Speaker 3: You're right, it's a curse some class respect.
Speaker 5: This is target.
Speaker 3: It's not a pig pen.
Speaker 5: It's not a farm. What wire farm? What on a farm? Is farms? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Around the pigs and the horses.
Speaker 5: You're right, that's gross. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want to feel like I'm on the side of the three way while I'm grocery shopping.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: That's I don't want to be made to feel bad that I'm not cycling about. That's environmental. Well, it's also like environmental shaming. It's like, oh I polluted by driving here, everyone fels guilty all right, Yeah, that's enraged. I do find it funny that bikers have to wear like a costume, the costume you have to wear when you bike us. And maybe it's not everywhere, but in La it's like you're sponsored by a team. No you're not coming, No you're not, you are not, you are You're literally out for Can you just wear a T shirt and shorts?
Speaker 3: I understand baggy shorts?
Speaker 5: Or is that caught in? Can't you wear like long baggy pants, a skirt and hind heels? Can't you wear a fringe pant? I don't understand. Can't you wear dangling long gloves with the fingers kill you? To put on a mermaid tail?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: And a bandana over your eyes? Who cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Come on? What are you in the Tour de France?
Speaker 3: Well you got two out of three.
Speaker 5: That's that's really good. Good, that's really good. I don't remember any of the questions, but I'm very proud.
Speaker 3: Because you did so well. Yeah, you answered it and moved on with your life.
Speaker 5: Tell us what we want?
Speaker 3: Uh? You won me being so kind right now and just showering you in these thank you both needed. Let's be honest, I needed to hear this today.
Speaker 5: This is why we came, and we were hoping.
Speaker 3: I don't think this morning cry.
Speaker 5: I didn't think we would get it. We have a lot going on. I came for a boost, came to get my bucket filled. I'm happy right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, if we're going to we have a new thing we're going to do because I have a lot of listeners screaming about my answers frequently that I'm not impartial, and so I'm going to have Honalis do one round of gift a curse for both of us. Okay, and so Honally's has thought of a list of things that we're not aware of, and we're gonna both try to win, Honalis.
Speaker 5: What are we doing here, all right?
Speaker 4: Gift or a curse? When goldfish crackers were temporarily renamed Chilean Sea bass crackers to appeal to adults.
Speaker 5: When was this just this last week? Actually?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: What see this is?
Speaker 3: I don't keep up with the news.
Speaker 5: Most kids who eat them don't know what the name is. But that's the point. Oh, I mean they're fishies, right? Yeah. Isn't Chilean sea bass like a misnomer too? Isn't that it isn't it called like South American crudfish or something? And they like, y, yeah, South American mud crud, a mud crud. Yeah yeah, it's a mud crud. Yeah yeah, So they tried to rename it. Would you like to answer? First? First, I hate this, okay, I.
Speaker 3: Mean just on at least, reading that made me mad. I feel like this is a bad idea. I don't like when a.
Speaker 5: Company tries to have fun, right.
Speaker 3: I also just don't want to think about other fish when I'm eating goldfish crackers, And when these companies do these stunts, I'm off board right permanently.
Speaker 5: I won't buy.
Speaker 3: I won't buy the brand ever. Again they've lost me as a customer.
Speaker 5: I agree it's not a fish like you wouldn't be like, hey, yeah, I'm a Pascatarian. I only eat Chilean sea bass crackers. That's nonsense. Also, naming it specifically makes it really actually sound like an animal, when before I never associated the cracker with an animal and thinking like it actually trams, I'm not like, look at this small bear, Well you actually are, like, yeah, I do like eating I do like eating bear meat.
Speaker 3: You hate bears, you don't like the taste of the cracker at all. No, what makes you get No?
Speaker 5: I like bear meat. Bear meat, I read recently is the number one source of trick andosis in undercooked bear meat. Yes, more than pork. So definitely they're not naming Teddy Grams anytime soon. Tricksis Grams or beat. It also sounds like something you could send someone, like a letter like sing written on bear meat. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: No, I personally think it's a curse. I don't like when a company ever ever has fun.
Speaker 5: I agree, I agree, I bet keep it straight down the middle. I'm gonna give that answer. But I also kind of think it's a g because it's so idiotic that I like seeing people do dum dumb stuff like that. I will go with curse ultimately, because it's horrifying on alas, how do we do? You're all correct?
Speaker 3: The reason is something that hasn't been mentioned yet to me.
Speaker 4: If this company, if Peppridge Farm, has to employ a stunt to get people to eat goldfish, what is going on with our society?
Speaker 3: They're the most very good?
Speaker 4: Are they the youth of America not eating goldfish anymore?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 5: This is interesting.
Speaker 3: Are they going out of business?
Speaker 5: Well, it is Pepperridge doing sustainable farming? Are they doing regenerative farming? Petpbridge of their fish, the gold fish? I mean, what's next? I mean, do we have to worry about milanos and saucelitos? I mean what else the peer farm?
Speaker 3: Then you start wondering of the mercury content in any of this. Right, So they've brought a bad spotlight onto the brand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've They've committed brand suicide. I think they've sli the brand honestly to a point now where I think it's the kind of thing where we go and like burn Pepperidge Farm products in parking lots of grocery stores. Absolutely, that's the only thing I could suggest to your listeners right now, if I may, can I speak to them? I mean, I think everyone needs to go direct to them. I think the point of this podcast was to get to this of like go and don't buy them. I think mass steel they have to be stolen, stolen, paper farm doesn't care, and the grocery store is just going to reorder. It doesn't burn the same unless it's stolen.
Speaker 3: Right, Hijack the trucks, whatever it takes, go to the factories themselves.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, just just don't work there.
Speaker 3: Walk out o company wide, walk out. Absolutely. If you're still working there right now, you're a coward.
Speaker 5: You're a scab. Get out, get out immediately. Okay, Well that settles, Thank you all for God. Would that be funny if Peppridge Farm tanked?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is the final segment of the podcast. So it's called I said no emails, people write into I said no gifts at gmail dot com. You should know now that all of my listeners have desperate lives. They're just grabbing at whatever they can take. The everything's out of control and they need as much help as they can get. And so that's why they don't blame them panic and write an email to a podcast. They have no one left, right, So will you help me answer your question?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is Hello friends. My girlfriend's birthday is just that's a little familiar to Hello friends.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend's birthday is just a few days before Christmas, and as a result, she has been plagued by a lifetime of birthday Christmas combo gifts. One gift for two events truly bullshit. As the caring and doting girlfriend that I am, I am committed to never imposing this harm on her. I have already picked out a gift for her birthday, nice boots that will nearly deplete the gift budget. I'm hoping you can suggest a wallet friendly Christmas gift that won't be a total let down. Her interests include woodworking, house plants, travel, and art. Okay, thanks, love you by Lippy.
Speaker 5: Okay, first of all, let's talk about the issue. I totally understandable, right, I mean, that's well. I think there's another time.
Speaker 3: I mean I think there's another issue here.
Speaker 5: Don't say what you're gonna say that vir.
Speaker 3: Dealing with lesbian I didn't realize the podcast this is unfortunately. I'm so sorry to everyone. I'm sorry to all the listeners that thought they were comfortable in a straight space.
Speaker 5: And if you just see him right, he's furiously packing up his belongings, packing up his belongings, crying, just so confused, and he's going into a banker's box. I brought the bankers he always brings it, just in case the storm off, just in case he needs to pack up quit. Yes, I get it. I get the plight of this person. I wonder if they haven't gotten over it by now, right, grow up. This is a grown up here. Yeah, this is a grown grown up person right right, Like, I don't know. I mean that being said, you know, everyone, even adults, especially when you're in a relationship like this, people like your birthday is like the day before your birthday. Then you get a big thing, and then it's like you get time and then you get a full Most people get a full birthday and a full gift winter holiday. But I feel like this person is got the best of both worlds. It's like you get your birthday, then you get the post birthday let down, and then bam, you're right right.
Speaker 3: From here comes Santa Claus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here comes Santa. It's beginning to feel a lot like her birthday. Well that sucks. Well when they're doing dreaming of a white your birthday, Yeah, that's bad. That sucks. I don't Yes, obviously, the parody songs will get old, very right. That being said, If this is the type of person who's never been exposed to parody songs, could they gift oh or I don't know. Is there someone they know, maybe on this podcast, who composed a song for them.
Speaker 3: You're really asking for it right now, he's going to demand that you write apparently song.
Speaker 5: If your birthday is within one day of Christmas? What was the call to action?
Speaker 6: They need a pitch for a wallet friendly gift that they already got nice, fancy.
Speaker 5: What I'm hearing.
Speaker 3: I want to know what the boots is that Libby. Yeah, don't buy such nice boots. You buy worse boots and a worse other gifts.
Speaker 5: Right, you sort of two bad gifts. But just like stay within budget, like it's you know what the budget.
Speaker 3: She blames it on the one thing that the next gift is going to be.
Speaker 5: She's floundering. Absolutely, you guys are okay, She's gonna have to do some woodworking. This is why neither of you have are in long committed relationships. I'm breaking up a gym. This is why nobody loves you, guys. Okay. I see plants as a very good in for a wallet friendly I mean, I don't know what are the boots, Like there's a thousand did you spend nine eighty on the boots? Like how much? But you can get a very thoughtful, cool like rare plant somewhere or do some research and get something that someone can some By the way, seeds, my wife loves planting stuff gardening. You can always get cool seeds to plants. By the way, Okay, here's another pitch. Go, I don't know where this person lives. They know, we don't know where they live. Right, They're going to assume in like Los Angeles, we have these beautiful assume assume a total like dump of a city. Yeah, that has no garden like a Santa Monica. Oh god, no, our our city here, Los Angeles area has a lot of gardens you can go to, like beautiful. There's Huntington Garden. There's experience, an experience, something that's not just a gift like that. Yes, the boots too, that wait, the boots Christmas or birthday birthdays first? Yes, then Chris on Christmas, make her walk to a garden.
Speaker 3: Alone, and.
Speaker 5: If she comes back, And if she comes back, you get a tiny plant that I bought you. But isn't the Christmas tree a plant?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Interesting, Now that's being over the plant one more time.
Speaker 5: Besides besides plants, it was the woodworking, woodworking, wood craft so cheap. What are we talking picture of a place? Yeah, get get out of town art. Well, you can't get out of town because you can afford it. Yeah, because I hope you like the boots because you're not getting out of town any times. I you know, there are there's some nice travel books out there, there are hotels. A hunk of wood is easy, by the way, vintage woodworking tool very cool, or gardening tools something like that. They like plants. I mean, this is easy. I feel like I feel like her. I think her first thing was I have to think of a gift. I will email a podcast instead of giving it one second thought.
Speaker 3: She doesn't care about her girlfriend and this is a cry for help.
Speaker 5: It's not like her. Like her other interests include like race cars and fur coats, like these are things that are these are things that can be found. Ye, gold bars, her hobby is gold.
Speaker 7: No, this is like she loves dust, found sound, paper, rotting, vegetables.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to do. Honestly, I met a lot of string enthusiasts and the boots. Really, the moots really set me back.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like that answers it. I mean, if you can't take whatever was just said and create the ultimate gift, I.
Speaker 5: Would say, look for something in the interests that's uh, that's vintage or unique honestly, half the half the battle is just the thought that goes in. I know that's a bit of a thing that I always say, and no one's else, no one else has ever said. I've always said that in one thing that counts in terms of things that count, the thought was probably be the one is how I say it. But I'm I honestly think a we helped be. Maybe I should be like the correspondent for like gifts suggestions.
Speaker 3: I think you should. I think we're gonna call you in.
Speaker 5: I think if I was like the kind of voice of God's kind of thing who came in producer You're show, I mean, listen, I don't love the way the show is produced right.
Speaker 3: Now and always hanging by a threadge I feel like I did not love the attitude where none of us do.
Speaker 5: I'm out of water. When I walked in, she did the thing with her thumb and then slid it across her throat to.
Speaker 3: Me, Well, yeah, is constantly threatening guests like.
Speaker 5: Ben Still and Happy Gilmore. I did not love that you offer me a warm glass to shut the hell up. Yeah, she sent me to the wrong address.
Speaker 3: So, but you know these things we tolerate, Yes, obviously, but maybe we could bring you in as a shadow producer for a period.
Speaker 5: See how you do when I come in with the exact same wardrobe as an Eli's and then you get rid of her? Yes, exactly. I obviously have a history of I have Matthew sitting in the wings. Yeah, it's just with the exact same look. It's like, how you doing. Oh, by the way, Bridger wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: I always have the Replacementelle the first.
Speaker 5: The boss would like a word. It's nice, it's nice working with you.
Speaker 3: Has their dress with this matching the wig?
Speaker 5: Yes, of course, half that's the only way to do it.
Speaker 3: Well, we answered that perfectly, Libby, do not write back in uh. And now I've got thirty dollars and my thirty five dollars sewage fund. Who knows what I'm gonna spiral out of control here? This is why that's the best job I've had this year. I can't wait with the extra thirty five.
Speaker 5: Now you're really approaching like extravagant entree price. Yes, yes, so that's just gonna We're closing in on like Tomahawk territory here. You're far shive boots.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Will not be buying any boots.
Speaker 5: That's actually not true. The boots she's talking about, they were fifty six dollars, Yeah, fifty six ninety five.
Speaker 3: You bought the same you're wearing.
Speaker 5: These are the ones same boots. Yeah. They go all the way up to your neck. Yeah. Yeah, they got overall strapped, waterproof and they have a hood. No hood. I love a hood hooded boot. It's a great it's a great item.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm so happy you two finally came.
Speaker 5: Oh, delightful happy. It was a treat and uh, thank you for bringing this. It's our pleasure. Please use it in good health.
Speaker 3: Oh, I absolutely will. And listener the podcast is screeching to a halt as usual. I haven't given you well, actually I have given you plenty of evidence. I feel like there's a rhythm towards the end of a podcast that most listeners get used to and then they're capable of emotionally carrying on with the rest of their day. So if that's not you, I don't I'm not in control of your life and I'm not responsible for anything you do for the rest of the day. I love you, goodbye, I said. No gifts is an exactly right production. Our senior producer is on A Lisa Nelson, and our episodes are beautifully mixed by Ben Tolliday. The theme song is by Miracle Worker Amy Mann, and we couldn't do it without our booker, Patrick Cottner. You must follow the show on Instagram and I said, no gifts. That's where you're going to see pictures of all these wonderful gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see the gifts?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Did you hear? Fun? A man myself perfectly clear.
Speaker 5: To my home. You gotta come to me empty, And.
Speaker 2: I said, no guests, your.
Speaker 1: Own presences presents enough.
Speaker 2: I already had too much stuff, So how do you dare to surbey me