Speaker 1: Start Up, dot Up, start Up, Brooklyn Boy, start Up, Brooklyn Boy, start up, Doda they making noise, Doda, start up dot.
Speaker 2: Up Episode three fourteen.
Speaker 3: It's the Brooklyn Boys podcast.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Yeah is this the pie episode?
Speaker 3: It could be the three point one four Yeah, it's pie day.
Speaker 4: So pee Cam pie, pumpkin pie for the season. I guess, So, what's your favorite pie? Don't meet dog be nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Coconut custard is my second favorite pie?
Speaker 4: Real? Okay? So do you remember the Sesame Street episode where the chef had nine coconut custard pies and even fall down the stairs?
Speaker 2: Of course that was That was how I learned to count.
Speaker 4: Oh that's how you learned about coconut custed pie as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Can uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah it was your favorite pie?
Speaker 4: It's tough. I would say it's a it's a toss up between peacam pie and blueberry pie. Although I I don't get me wrong, I there's other pies I love, but those are probably my favorite. Also, what's the other one? The chocolate chocolate pie? Chocolate in a crust?
Speaker 3: What is that one?
Speaker 2: Chocolate cake?
Speaker 4: No, No, not chocolate cake. It's like a chocolate pudding. Pudding like ice ice box cake. No, what is that is chocolate pudding pie? What is that called ice box cake?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, it's uh even though it's a moon light pie moon mid moonlight pie. Really, I think so.
Speaker 3: I like, I like putting putting in a pie. Well, I like apple pie. Apple pie is great.
Speaker 4: Apple pie is okay as long as you have vanilla ice cream with it.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you need the accompaniment.
Speaker 4: I gotta have the vanilla ice cream. Cherry pie is good. She the song.
Speaker 3: I love this, I mean, come on, yeah, she's my cherry pie.
Speaker 2: So when when is a pie of cake?
Speaker 4: Well, I think a cakes if it's like a flour based product. You you know what cake is. Cake is cake. Pie is usually like a fruit filling of some kind fruit or not so pastry.
Speaker 3: There needs to be some liquefied something in a pie for it to be a pie.
Speaker 4: Well, also, it's usually like a shell like a like a pie crust. A definition of a pie like Shepherd's pie.
Speaker 2: I think so it has to have like a gram cracker crust or some kind of.
Speaker 4: A Yeah, I think that. I mean, hold on, let's look it up. What's the difference between pie and cake.
Speaker 2: I think cake is caick rises. I don't think pies are.
Speaker 4: Many difference between pie and cake. The differences are the shape, ingredients, and filling shape. Pies are baked in a pastry shell that's usually round or square, while cakes are baked in small, flat shapes. Filling pies can have sweet a savory fillings such as fruit or custard, while cakes are typically sweet.
Speaker 3: Cakes.
Speaker 2: Ries pies don't right.
Speaker 4: I think cheesecake is more of a pie if I'm you know, if I'm saying what I'm saying, I like bunt cake. We're talking about pie though. Pumpkin pies Okay, I go for a good pumpkin pie. Were making people hungry?
Speaker 2: Is there any pie that's more like a cake?
Speaker 4: I'm sure like cheesecake. Cheesecake to me, that's a pie. No, but no, cheesecake is a cake, but it's a pie.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: What if it's cheesecake? Are the pies pretty good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But are there any pies that are like, No, that's more of a cake. Are there any pies that are more like cheesecake is more like a pie? But are there any more pies like a cake?
Speaker 4: M Mennonite funny cake pie came up, birthday cake batter pie.
Speaker 2: I think mood pies make it cake. Mood pies. Mood pies are more.
Speaker 3: Cake, are they? Well?
Speaker 4: I think I think. I think if you make cake ingredients and put them in a pieshell, then you've got cake or kai cake cake cake. God.
Speaker 3: This is what this is our podcast. This is what our podcast is all about. I'm glad you two.
Speaker 4: Now I'm looking at cherry pie now, thanks, oh my god, thanks for giving us your time here we are talking about pie. Don't google cherry pie, by the way, no, because then you get you get dirty.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I had something I was going to say when you mentioned do you remember my band sang cherry Pie, Scary warned, Hey, so would people say, you know, March fourteenth when it is Pie day every when all the nerds come out.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't think of what pie is other than three point one four.
Speaker 3: I can't. But there's some people that have that, you know, like twelve digits after that, because it's it's obviously a running number, it's an ongoing number, it's it's an infinite number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's an infinite number. Three point one four one, nine, and then I lose it.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that much. You're a better man than I. David Brody Well.
Speaker 4: I think everybody knew that beforehand, but people that listen if if, if, if it makes you happy to say three point one four, one five blah blah blah blah and going for ten minutes. That's great, that's fantastic. What's the old expression? It used to be used to be that in fifty cents gets you on the subway. Now it's like what two seventy five? Yeah, pretty much that was the expression, like if something course two seventy five, like that information in two seventy five gets you on the subway. In other words, it's vin's worth worth nothing, right, But it's I guess it's fun. If if there's nerves at a party that are excited, boy that yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: So one of your favorite pastimes is making fun of me for my own, you know place.
Speaker 4: If I could have made it in high school, I would have. So I did something yesterday that was real a sef. No, I've done thirty of those.
Speaker 3: Actually recently, I did reach since you were born, No, three cets of ten I did last week in the gym. But that's a whole other story.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I went.
Speaker 3: To a doctor who gave me a cat scan, which I guess is state of the art. This guy uh down on Wall Street. He I walked in. I was recommended to go there. They're like, look, the old school way of getting a cat scan. After you get your what do you do stress test? And you do you try and get all this stuff done. You know, they want to see what's going on inside your arteries and your heart and and they want to take it to the next level, so they give you a cat scan.
Speaker 4: Sometimes struck on a cat scan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes they don't.
Speaker 3: A lot of times your your job doesn't cover it unless you're like your doctor says, shortness of breath and you you have other things going on and whatever the case, and it's got to be an emergency.
Speaker 4: So you told me you would go on. But you said you would, you would you would let me know if it was getting wrong. You said you would text me.
Speaker 2: Well, my doctor, my doctor. Original doctors wanted.
Speaker 4: On is this an actual doctor or doctor pers No.
Speaker 2: This is an actual doctor.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: My cardiologist was like he wanted to put.
Speaker 4: Me through fat heart.
Speaker 3: No, they wanted to put me through a battery of tests. Remember earlier in the year, I went for a stress test and I went forward with stuff and I passed him in I passed him with flying colors. So there was a step further that he wanted me to go. He said, look, he goes. It couldn't hurt, you know, because because basically the stress test is only only tells part of the story. But you want to know what's going on inside your heart and your veins and your arteries and are they clogged and is there blockage? So you know, we need you to We would love for you to go get a cat scan, which basically takes a couple of hours. They actually stick things in you and then needles and things, and they have to look cameras down there, and they want to see what's happening in you. And it's it's it's a long arge. Well, they stick cameras in you whatever. It's a long, arduous process. You know.
Speaker 4: See, did you get an a probe?
Speaker 3: No, dude, it's a cat scan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know what that stands for.
Speaker 3: By the way, No, I don't know. I have no idea central something. I have no idea anyway. But anyway, I can tell you it's neither here, no that, Okay, yes, what is it? What is it?
Speaker 4: Computed axiile or axial camography?
Speaker 3: All right? Who cares? All right? So so so I'm trying to So I wanted to get one, but my insurance wouldn't cover it because it wasn't an emergency and they take a couple of hours.
Speaker 2: And but I was pissed because I'm like, you know what, I want to know what that was going on.
Speaker 3: So I found a doctor that has this, like again not a sponsor, basically said, look, I'm gonna do a cat scan on you. It's not invasive, and it'll take three minutes, not two hours. And oh, by the way, your insurance will cover it. I'm like, get the hell out of here. I was in and out of there in like less than an hour. I walked in.
Speaker 4: Was he in and out of there in less than an hour?
Speaker 3: So you speak, dude. They lay you on the machine and they take pictures and the whole process is like three minutes. Everything is done by everything is done by this new technology they could see and again, non invasive. So anyway, did you go in the big donut?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But no donut for three minutes, for three minutes. So anyway, within five minutes, within five minutes, I was sitting in a chair at his computer and we were looking at my heart in color. I'm like, oh my god, look at this, and he goes, yep, he goes. So, he says, we're actually, we're actually ten percent more accurate than those other methods of the one that wouldn't take your insurance and you have to go to the hospital for for two hours.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is fucking He goes.
Speaker 3: Scary. He goes, it's come so far in the past year or so, he says, as a matter of fact, he goes, it's like ninety nine percent, ninety nine percent accurate. And I'll tell you this, he says, in about ninety minutes from right now. He goes, we're gonna have the full story. He goes, I have AI checking my work, meaning artificial intelligence goes in there and examines everything to make sure or that the doctor didn't fuck up. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: So, now, is there is there audio of your heart screaming for help in the video?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I just want to share with you and the slices.
Speaker 3: What he wrote me.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear scary.
Speaker 2: Anthony, nice meeting you today.
Speaker 3: Attached. Please find your images from your heart scan your sorein Surin Sri I and that's the name of the company. I went to your heart arteries. Look all caps, beautiful, no plaque or bob blockages, no bridging as well, whatever that means, couldn't be a better result. I look forward to getting your blood test results back to you and call you on Friday to discuss those.
Speaker 4: So he said there were ninety nine He said to me, that was what you said, ninety nine percent accurate? Yeah, so there's one percent that's not accurate.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on.
Speaker 3: He said that I have a two percent chance of getting a heart attack or stroke in the next eight years.
Speaker 2: He says, that's how I mean, not.
Speaker 4: Go two you know? All right, Well that's I'm worried about you.
Speaker 3: Well well, well according to him, and according to AI, don't be I'm you know, I don't want to like jinx myself here.
Speaker 4: But AI AI the one that makes the photographs with people with six fingers.
Speaker 2: AI Artificial Intelligence.
Speaker 4: I'm well, I'm wearing it.
Speaker 3: Isn't it crazy that they as Alan Iverson? By the way, AI gotcha so do you think so? Do you think that this is like real? Should I believe this? I'm not trying to get cocky here, but okay, listen, I am not a bastion of good health.
Speaker 2: If you look at me.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, I'm fucking fifth quarter scary right now.
Speaker 2: There's only four quarters in a year. I'm already I'm over the limit.
Speaker 3: Now listen, now, I did take I also got my blood paddle back today A one't see, maybe slightly off. I'm like you, right, Sauce, I'm right at the right at the borderline of what could be pre diabetic. But you know that comes with lowering my sugar. My good cholesterol is excellent, my bad cholesterol is so all in all, I'm not doing too bad. So only a couple of three or four like red red boxes. Everything else was green. It was about fifty green boxes and three red ones, one of them being my my bad cholesterol is.
Speaker 4: Didn't one of them represent tomato, sauce.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I mean, I'm going to talk to me tomorrow and be like, Okay, I see my bad cholesterols a little bad, so now what so I'm going to see that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But Brody, I abuse myself.
Speaker 4: I know the other guy who doesn't get sick. You didn't get COVID even just I don't understand. I eat everything in sight everything. My blood type is ragou. You know, look at me. You had a problem with food today, trying to help out people in need. Who'll tell me that later, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you that story. But me, I mean, I know you, I'm not. I don't consider myself in the best shape.
Speaker 4: Well it's a shape.
Speaker 2: Round, round is a shape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: But how do you think? How can this be? Should you get a second opinion? I don't believe this is actually this is the second opinion. The first opinion was earlier in the year.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to this.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Your brother and sister are pretty good shape. Yes, okay, so I can't really ask them. You should ask them though, like do they get sick? Did they get colds? They get the flu? Are they susceptible? Because you're like, you're like a cockerroach and a nuclear holocaust. You just come out, You're like I'm a roach and you keep walking.
Speaker 3: I am like, I'm perplexed, I'm I amaze myself.
Speaker 2: I'm shocking myself.
Speaker 3: I cannot believe now this Now, that doesn't mean there are other things wrong with me, and this is just right. This is no, that's I was way wait for a punchline here.
Speaker 4: Did they switch the results with somebody else?
Speaker 2: I guess as.
Speaker 3: Far as my circulatory system is concerned, we're good. However, you know, who knows if the other thing's happening. I don't know. I didn't check my.
Speaker 4: Okay, you didn't get blood work. I got blood work that day. I did.
Speaker 3: You didn't get like you didn't.
Speaker 4: Get blood work prior where he could talk to me about the blood work. You got the blood work yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna figure out more tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But when what he calls me and.
Speaker 4: Tell remember what your cholesterol was last time?
Speaker 3: It was like two forty? Oh? What? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You go over like one? You're on a statin to lower your cholesterol?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: No, your cholesterol was over two? If there was in the look, I'm not a doctor, but if it's over two hundred, you might want to go to a hospital.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm gonna ask. Don't scare me, No, mask Google, don't scare me, Brody, I don't know, I gotta figure this out.
Speaker 4: Your total cholesterol is over two hundred year in bed shape?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Your LDL cholesterol level above one hundred. Hold on, your LDL should be below one hundred and total cholesterols below two hundred.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: You won't know your cholesterol level. By the way, this is the Brooklyn Boys medical podcast episode. If you're just tuning in for the first time of the Brooklyn Boys podcast. It's not just pies and cholesterol. It says here, hold on, pies in cholesterol. That's the name of the episode, pies in cholesterol.
Speaker 2: My total cholesterol is two forty two.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you want to go now to the er?
Speaker 3: No, my my HDL is seventy four and it's supposed to be above forty. Yeah, my triglycerides are one just as long as over what are one forty eight and it's supposed to be below one fifty. Now here's the problem. My LDL cholesterol is supposed to be under one hundred and it's one forty one, So that's bad. But anyway, and.
Speaker 4: Where are you going for dinner tomorrow night? Just salad?
Speaker 2: Just salad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess he's gonna have a convo with me about that, So maybe there's other things going on.
Speaker 4: All right, I have a I have a doctor story. By the way, I did not forget about my uh munster's story or my pickleball story. They're gonna happen this episode, I promise. But I also have a doctor tell themed story that I want to share with you because you gotta be fucking kidding me. So and Brody, you got me worried? Now I have you worried? Or that number has you worried? Maybe the number has me worried. I guess we're gonna have a nice talking to tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: We have to, we have to.
Speaker 4: We have to start to go feed me for you. Well, people sending broccoli to your house. Oh, speaking of Scary's house, I was in Scary's apartment alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes you were. How did that feel weird?
Speaker 4: So Scary says to me, Uh, oh, you're gonna be in my neighborhood. Uh, it's too bad we didn't make plans had you come over and pick up this expensive thing. He wants me to sell him money.
Speaker 3: Bay, of course I'm Brodie's I'm using Roady to sell things for me. And of course I was out to dinner raising my cholesterol road.
Speaker 4: That's correct, yes, And this is one of those rare meals where I wasn't invited. So I was in his neighborhood because my daughter lives fifteen fifteen minutes away and I'd stopped by to see her. So he's like, oh, if I've known you. So I said, well, it's too bad I can't come over now you're not home. He said, ooh, I can have the doorman give you the key and you can go up and get the thing it's on my couch and pack it up.
Speaker 3: And I called over and I said, hey, let this guy in, this weird guy. Yeah, the weird guy with the pushy dude.
Speaker 2: When he comes in, let him up. That's my friend.
Speaker 4: So I walk in. I go, yeah, doorman apartment, blah blah blah, says you got to keep for me. He says, what's your name? I tell my name. He says, what's the name of the person? I go, I tell my name. He says, okay, all right. He takes my picture for security purposes, and he hands me the key. He hands me a key to the scariest apartment he came upstairs. The first thing I do is unlocked, scary top lock whore. I try to but it's not locked.
Speaker 2: It's not locked.
Speaker 4: I never did not lock it. Don't tell everybody that.
Speaker 2: This specific case, I didn't lock it.
Speaker 4: It was not locked. Right, So I opened the door and I walk in, and I've been the scariest apartment I don't know twenty thirty times at least. And I know where the light switch is on the left. And I hit the first light switch, and like, the light goes on in the area right in front of the door, just right front of the door. It lights up like eight feet at the most. So there's two more switches. Those lights light up. He's got a kitchen on the left. When you walk in, they light up the under counter lights and like a, I don't know it told.
Speaker 3: You to tell shut up.
Speaker 4: I'm looking for So there's another light switch on the wall on the left. If you walk four feet where the light is, there's a light switch. And I hit the light switch. Nothing happens. Nothing happens with the lights. So I'm like, I'm in the dark now. I can't see what's on the couch. I can't see anything. He's got his his his circular lights with the phone. What do you call those things? Ring lights on a stand. He's got lamps. I go over to the lamp and I turn the lamp. Knot doesn't go on. And I go to the other lam. I'm in the dark now. I'm using my phone light. And I go over to his floor lamp and it's got a button. The button doesn't work. I'm saying, light on, Alexa, light on nothing. Finally I sees a foot pedal. I put the foot pedal on, and I'm standing at with his four point nine million dollar sound system, and I'm thinking to myself, what would the slices want me to do? I mean, look, Scary gave me the Keyter's apartment. He trusts me to take the thing off the couch and leave. But what would be the funny thing to do? Take a shower in his in his shower with his fancy nonparabin shampoo, go into his like, put on one of his his shirts to show how it fits me. What I eat my thirty five dollars peanut butter? Yeah, well I thought of that. I'm like, where does he keep the peanut butter? And the refrigerator the cabinet, Like what can I do?
Speaker 3: Can I?
Speaker 4: Oh? So I was like, had I known that I was going to Scary's house, I was gonna go buy a dildo and like leave it on his pillow and like take a picture. I'm like, oh my god, it's scared of this dildo out. But but I didn't know in advanced that I was going to Scary's house. I couldn't plan that. So slices I took a picture sitting by his sound system and his gold microphone, like I was missed the big shot. I almost took a picture of the pile of papers. I wasn't gonna I forgot so for tutsto. We're trying to find the lights. So I tell Scary Scary, I finally, you know, I got the thing off the couch. The place is pitch black. It was at late at night, so there was like no light coming in from the windows, and I tried using like, uh, you know Alexa. He goes, oh, yeah, my whole apartment's who are up for Siri?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 2: You called out you call out the wrong name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the problem is, if I don't have Scary's phone, anyone walking into the apartment can't turn the lights on. You have to have Scary's phone.
Speaker 2: My question is, did you use my bathroom?
Speaker 4: No? Okay, no, I stayed in the living room, all right. Once I got the I spent at the lights.
Speaker 3: I was wondering, I'm like, what is this guy gonna do in my apartment? I've never I think you're the first person to enter my apartment without me even being here besides my girlfriend.
Speaker 4: My girlfriend didn't bring a homeless guy into your partner once.
Speaker 3: That was the other place. But I don't think anyone's ever r I don't think anyone's ever been here.
Speaker 4: That's alone beside your girlfriend. Yeah, yeah, no, you've left Brian sleeping on the couch having your toilet.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, toilet Brian. But like you're like a stranger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm not the type to like go through your stuff.
Speaker 3: I was like, you're mischievous, You're you're someone who likes to play a joke for the joke, exactly exactly. I have never left somebody here, you know, a jokester in my house, because you know, some people will be like, maybe I should take a piece of fruit out of the refrigerator and then hide it in the closet somewhere and then starts rotting, and then you'll I.
Speaker 4: Was gonna put I was gonna put your lamp with like your couch out on the on the terrace. Yeah, yearn about but come home and your couch is gone. Sex on the way Dave, remember him, I mentioned him all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was at was was it? Oh? Yeah? He he actually brought a girl back to his apartment a while. This is years ago, right, and uh, I forgot how what the scenario was. I think her somehow her brother, her brother was there at the house. Huh, he brought a girl home to her house. He brought a girl home to his house. It was oh, it was a beat. It was his beach house. And somehow the brother of the girl was there too at the house, and he was maybe hanging out with other people, whatever the case. Anyway, Sex on the way. Dave ended up with the girl in the bed and went to sleep, whatever the case, and then with her disappeared. And the next morning obviously disappeared Dave and the girl disappeared into his Yeah, and I guess this didn't sit well with the brother, and so he took some retaliation on his own, which they didn't find out for about a week and a half later, until about a week and a half later when they found that he took a ship in the closet. Oh, that was his protest. That was the way he got back at them.
Speaker 4: He's like, you know what, his sister's a grown woman though, I know.
Speaker 3: But he must have got it so angry. He's like, you know what, this dude is in that bedroom banging out my sister.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take a dump in his closet. Yeah, And it was.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was the beach.
Speaker 2: It was a beach house that he shared with a couple of people.
Speaker 4: I took cheese out of a guy's fridge and put it like under the couch. I saw set like a week later.
Speaker 3: See that.
Speaker 4: He couldn't figure out, what's terrible?
Speaker 3: Why would you do that to somebody?
Speaker 4: It was the kind of couch that had like you know, the had flaps at the bottom. Yes, so you put stuff on the couch you don't see it, of course, So I threw the cheese all the way in the back.
Speaker 3: That's terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were we were pranking each other, so that's what it was. Just the thing. But I would just shit in closets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I was like, it did cross my mind for a quick second. I'm like, I really hope he doesn't play a joke on me.
Speaker 4: Like I'm not. I'm like, I'm not the Jersey kid. The Jersey kid would would have ship and your toilet and left.
Speaker 3: It there or taken it egg and cracked it and then and then like kind of left it somewhere for me to find, like you know three days later, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean I could have de sheeted your bed, you know, and put the cover of the blanket back on, but then you get in bed is no sheet you know?
Speaker 3: That wouldn't have been nice. Past We're past this, right, I guess.
Speaker 4: Oh no, if the Slices find it funny when I pasted it, Slices, you have anything that you've done to people? Yeah?
Speaker 3: In their part?
Speaker 4: And more importantly, what should I have done? Slices? What should I have done?
Speaker 3: In his part?
Speaker 4: If you were me, what would have or if you're not me, what would I? What could I have done with.
Speaker 3: You like that?
Speaker 2: Have you ever had jokes played on you?
Speaker 3: Slice?
Speaker 4: They were putting cheese under your couch? Leave us talk back at the little talk back on the iet radio app There You Go podcast. All right, the Monster's House. Can we talk about that for a minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish I had the Monster's theme. I would play no, no, you know, put it up on Spotify. Put up on Spotify. Scary and okay, it's okay, don't worry about it. Could go No, we'll get sued for using their music. Four seconds of it were fine.
Speaker 4: Anyway, there was a picture on I think it was Instagram, or maybe it was a Facebook group, one of those TV Facebook groups, will remember when or and it showed the Monster's House, which was like, you know, haunted little house. It was all and plus it was in black and white the TV show, so the picture was even more dreary looking and creepy. Then had cobwebs and trees and a big steeple or whatever on top. It was you know, it was a home died looking house, the Monster's House. And then it sat underneath it said look at what they did to the Monster's House now, And it was all of a sudden it was a colored picture and it was light blue, and they put shutters up, pretty shutters and let me pull up the picture so I can describe it properly. And if you if you google what does the Monster's House look like? Now you'll you'll see what it looks like. But let me see if I can describe it for the slices here.
Speaker 3: And as you as you pull that up, let me say that I was at this restaurant out in Hillsboro, New Jersey today, and right down the road from the restaurant I went to was the Beetlejuice House where they filmed the new Beetlejuice movie. And it says at the front of the house Beetlejuice House, and there are two guards there, so you can't fuck with the place. But I think it's kind of cool that. Yeah, you're bringing up the munster. I just drove the Beatles.
Speaker 4: Did you talk about the Beetlejuice custom story later?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the old Monster's House had like a steeple over the windows on a gazebo, and now the Munster's House is light blue. They got rid of the steeple on top, they got rid of the chimney. There's a white porch now that that doesn't have like arches that were scary looking arches. Anyway, all the comments are like, you know, some of them made it political, but they're like fucking woosies. They ruined everything. They made the house woke, they ruled look and they fucking ruined it. Why couldn't they leave it the way it was? They gentrified the house. Fucking idiots, pieces of shit, fucking liberals, whatever, all that shit right. The Monster's House, as one person commented, at some point, it is a movie set. It's a movie company lot. It's not a real house.
Speaker 3: It never was.
Speaker 4: So like any fake house they change it, or the Golden Girls House, they change it over another house.
Speaker 2: It's just a facade. A lot of times it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Actually these people thought there's really a house on thirteen thirteen Mockingbird Lane that looked like that, and some pussies made it like blue and made it look like a city house.
Speaker 3: You when you go to Cheers in Boston, the looks the inside looks nothing like it.
Speaker 4: Used to be.
Speaker 3: The Bull and Finch, I think they changed it to the same thing. Goes for the Friend's house in the in Greenwich Village. Well, it's the apartment building. The apartment right, The apartments don't look like that.
Speaker 4: You can't get an apartment in Manhattan for twenty somethings to afford with the Monica and Monica's apartment, and then right across the hall, Joey and Chandler had a small apartment get out of here with a terrace and everything. Anyway, So it's amazing to me what people don't put any thought into on the internet and get all upset about pretty much everything. Yeah, So the newest thing now is sports press conferences and AI. They did it with Aaron Boone, the manager of the Yankees, and I heard.
Speaker 2: That one I saw it. It was hysterical.
Speaker 4: So what what they're using AI for? And this is dangerous, especially with like the election coming up, where you can fake politicians saying things and it looks real. They're taking sports press conferences and making the players say offensive shit. But all the all the comments are like, yeah, typical asshole would say something like that. I can't believe he fucking said that. Who talks like that? What a piece of shit? And people are like, dude, it's a I like, how if something is so unbelievable, shouldn't your first thought be that's pretty unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Some people don't have that filter.
Speaker 3: They don't have that trigger in their head that says, ah, okay, this is this is preposterous.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to air on the side of well, I'm gonna look.
Speaker 4: Into it, but we'll read the comments. Yeah, but here here's a guy on the Rangers talking about he checked the guy and he you know, it was a pretty hard check. He hit him pretty hard. Well, here we go, buck.
Speaker 5: To the snot out of Justin Barron tonight. The guy just skates over the blue line with his head down like he was starting a fucking figure skating routine. Anyways, I put my shoulder through his face. Just watch this replay real quick.
Speaker 4: And with Baron if he's looking the other way and he's just kind of leaning.
Speaker 5: It was a perfectly clean hit. But after I knocked Justine's lights out, his boyfriend Mike Mathison felt like he needed to stand up for him. So I beat the crap out of that bozo too. Anyways, the Truba train ran through Montreal tonight and my Rangers beat the Habs seven to two. That's five wins and six games to start the season. Not too bad, did you.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Like boyfriend came over to help him. I fucked him up. You're like, that's not a Athletes don't normally talk that way. I guess it's the comments of brutal, brutal. We got thumbs up on the screen. Look, oh yeah you say that. Yeah, what was that all about? Let's say fucked up brutal. Nope, that wasn't it.
Speaker 3: That wasn't it. Then we had the blue is that time? Yeah, thumbs up just came up on the screen. It's the weirdest thing, all right. Anyway, Yeah, well, I mean people fall for anything. People are you know, they don't look into anything you're talking about. People that they don't read captions. They will look at the pretty colors. They watched the video, that's it. But nobody reads things.
Speaker 4: You know how many times people go, I watch a roller coaster video and I'll go, what's the name of the roller coaster? It's the name of the video, it's right there. It says it says this is the matter horn or whatever it is, Like, well, what's the name of the what They'll go, this is six Flags over Texas. Where is this?
Speaker 3: But yeah, fucking read read oh people, And we've we've complained about this and don't see him, have we? Yeah, we have so oh, okay, all right, So I did a good thing earlier this week with the Morning show you quit. We volunteer for God's Love, we deliver, which was kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Oh they feed people who need to eat, like the hungry people, people.
Speaker 2: Are elderly or elderly or if your bedridden.
Speaker 3: They deliver meals and they deliver meals to you, so you know, and it's a huge organization. And the whole morning show decided to get together and pitch in and and volunteer form a shift, which so we basically went in around like eleven eleven o'clock in the morning till like two in the afternoon, watched a brief safety video how to do things, and we put on our hairnets, we put on our aprons and gloves as the hat there's I didn't need a hairnet. I just I wore a baseball cap instead. Okay, and yeah, basically started dishing out food. Now it's like an assemble, it's an assembly line, right, So so I was the first person in the assembly line. I got I kicked off the meal and keep in mind, we packed over a thousand meals. So we were there over the course for a couple of hours. I had a huge bit of rice in front of me. So my job was to take the plastic container, the black plastic container which we all know that tray food tray. Yeah, okay, put it in front of me, take a a scoopful of rice and beans, put it in the tray, and then slide it to the next person. And that was that would have been simple enough. Scottie Bee, who how did you do? Who?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 3: Well? Who put in vegetables? Scoop of vegetables, and then it was slid over to Andrew who put in a scoop of roast pork or whatever it was. It was like it's like actually like pork for tacos.
Speaker 2: It was actually smelled really good, I got to tell you.
Speaker 3: And then it got moved, slid slid over to Garrett who put it in a in a fitted tray and it went under this conveyor belt of you know, for it to be sealed. It's like kind of like it's feels it automatically and then so it's like a it's a it's a ceiling thing, package sealer whatever, trace sealer. Uh, and then it then it on the other side it spit out. They put a sticker on it, and then they put it they packed it away, and they moved it away. So I know, first of all, I got scolded because scolded or scalded, scolded because I started taking I didn't. I didn't realize there was a difference between a scoopful of rice and beans and a heaping scoopful. Oh yeah, I tell you. You know me, I'm a I'm a you know, a very generous person. I'm a given person.
Speaker 4: You're scooping for the table I.
Speaker 3: Was scooping for, like, you know what, maybe this person needs extra nourishment.
Speaker 4: So you was scooping like you eating it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I put a heap, a heaping scoopful of rice, and they came over to me and like, yo, hey you.
Speaker 4: The rice level.
Speaker 3: Level that out, level it out, scoop the rice, shake it off, shake it off. Tell me, as Taylor Swift says, scoopy, just keep it, keep it level, all right. We don't want to see any rice particles coming above the roof, above the rim m rim So I'm like okay. And then and then I poured it in, and and then Scotty accused me of being chimsy. He's like that don't look like a lot of rice. I'm like, I know, I said, but apparently we're supposed to give just a scoop full, but a level scoop. We can't do a heaping scoop. I mean, it brought me back to the days of the Palm Short Club. Would mister b would would judge me and he's like, hey, what are you doing now with that ice cream? That's way too much, way too much and your scoop Like we had ice cream scoops.
Speaker 4: How much did you overscoop a charity thing before they called it?
Speaker 3: I did heaping ones. I don't know a lot, But so now now I'm doing the math, I was.
Speaker 4: Like, the last eight people didn't get food today because you overscooped.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm thinking about a thousand If there's a thousand, let's say a thousand meals, and if I.
Speaker 2: Guess overscooped just a little bit of rice on.
Speaker 4: Each one times at times at least, how many hundreds did you do before they call you?
Speaker 3: I probably, I don't know. Maybe maybe that could have fed another fifty people, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Whatever, whatever it was.
Speaker 4: Now fifty people have cholesterol over two hundred.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine though, it's like I feel bad, so I started, you know, packing it up a little bit. I'm like, I want to I want these people to be to eat. Let the people, let my people eat.
Speaker 4: Listen, I appreciate that that's rice.
Speaker 3: It's not like it was the pork, right, I mean, the protein is like the more expensive thing. It's not like I overserved like a poor but it was. It was it was extra right.
Speaker 4: Did the pork taste good?
Speaker 3: I didn't eat. What are you insinuating?
Speaker 4: I'm saying, did you have a little No, it smelled so good, though, I gotta say you didn't get left overs? You didn't get it.
Speaker 3: That's another thing at the end of this, I mean, we're so hungry from scooping all this food out. Well, they're done, You're done that donne. I'm should we sit down and are we allowed to eat eat this food? And and then we felt guilty about it, like, no, we can't because it's there for people who were in need, not for us. I don't know. It just seemed weird.
Speaker 4: It seemed weird the grand scheme of things. Shouldn't you have a little No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't want to. I don't want to take away from anyone. So yeah, so I felt I felt a little weird about maybe, but it smelled good. I'm like, I'd like to taste what we we're we're dishing out here.
Speaker 2: But who is work?
Speaker 4: Who is who on the show?
Speaker 3: Was working the working the pork, so to speak, Andrew Scotty Be's co on Serial Killers.
Speaker 4: So you don't think Andrew maybe dropped the a little pork on the side the taste alocent.
Speaker 3: No, no, I don't think anyone did any of that. But it was illosent. It was very satisfying. We had a great time thing. It was teamwork, you know, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: The whole morning show that Elvis was there, Nate, everyone, the whole crew, and I just I don't know, I just felt like I was being cimsy with with the Brice and beans, and I'm like, gott, I can do a little bit more of this, we can put a little more in here, but whatever, for what it's worth, I was able to, uh to pull back, and it killed me though, I'm like, oh, that's not a lot of rice, but whatever.
Speaker 4: All right, hey, speaking of the whole morning show, let's pull the curtain back a little bit for people who aren't in radio. So our friend Jim who works at the rock station in your building, Yeah, Jim Kerr, legendary rock guy Q one O four to three Q four point three New York's classic rock. Anyway, he put up a picture this morning and said, look what I saw in the hallway today at six ten this morning, something like that, six fifteen am whatever. And so one person, now I knew who it was. It was Sam from the Morning show. Didn't she have like a giant bird fat bird costume on?
Speaker 3: She was, Yeah, she was that penguin. What's that oversized pesto? Pesto the penguin who's like bigger than his parents, right right? That giant people following on social media.
Speaker 4: So somebody says, oh, I'm not going to mention names. Oh is that the woman who comes in at three o'clock on the rock station. What are the odds that the woman who comes in at three o'clock in the afternoon would be in the hallways at six am zero zero zero. They're like, oh, is that her in the costume? Oh my god, No, it's not her. No, No, nobody is coming in nine hours early to work. That's that's not a thing, right. Actually she comes in at twelve one o'clock whatever the case. She's not coming in five to six hours early, so she can walk the halls in a bird costume on Halloween like it's just a dumb guess like, oh, is that her? No? No, people don't think. Yeah, I know. By speaking of which, somebody said, you guys are on vacation. Was it last week?
Speaker 3: Which one h two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Two weeks ago. A couple of people DM me and said, oh, it was great hearing you back on the radio. Did you go back in? Oh you were again. Yeah. I want to remind everyone I don't work there anymore. I'm not getting up at five in the morning to go in. If they want me on the show, I'll call in. I'll do a call in. But if you hear a bit that I'm part of, that was before before, that was before before, that's because the bit was so good they didn't want to take me out of it and it was like a scary misting. Yeah, but you know, I'm in bits. They don't have a.
Speaker 3: Good terms with David Brody, so that's why you can still hear him on the radio and By the way, it's not a good term bad term thing.
Speaker 4: It's that I'm not a main player. I don't want to I don't want to say like people weren't in bits anymore. We're left on bad terms. It's just if you have a main character who used to be on the show, it's weird to hear them now for people listening, going, are they back on that? Like I didn't speak much, so people are They're not going to like like, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, we're not We're not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I was peripheral, peripheral. But I don't know what bit it was. But a lot of people were like, oh, you're back.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we play with with with baldfrek Ronnie or a producer, Jake, you know these people are yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they they were on my level. They were peripheral, peripheral. I was just peripheral.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I was tier three. Wouldn't you be on the PA What what tier A? My you're tier two, I'm tier two. Yeah, Elvis, Daniel and Gonda your tier one. You're tier two. You know that.
Speaker 3: I was just tier one.
Speaker 4: Okay, Elvis is to your white you're tier three, which puts me it. I was Tier four. I stood next to tiers one, two, and three, and now you shed tears da daily.
Speaker 1: No, no, don't.
Speaker 4: I'm not on eight tier. Except I must have been in a bit. People were like, I heard you, got you brody? Did you go in for Halloween and dress up? And was that you in that costume? It does me. Yeah, that's very fun Yeah, that's so funny. Listen. I love that you guys heard me and you're like, oh my god, we but no. And then, by the way, if you hear me when you say something slices, do me a favor, and I'm giving you more work to do. I'm sorry just mentioned the bit like, oh, I heard the bit about the long hair and you were very funny. Because you're like, oh, I heard you this morning was hilarious. I go, I'm sure it was hilarious, no doubt, no doubt it was hilarious. But I don't know what it was because I don't I don't listen every morning, and I don't know what they're rerunning during vacation. I'm certainly not going to listen to a show of reruns because I may have lived it, I may have already heard it. So anyway. Yeah, I'm not going in at five, and if you hear it, it's not brody going back in unless they want to, you know, unless you know what. I'll go in if it's like Carmines comes up with food, like when Carmines comes up with Thanksgiving food in a couple of weeks that you got to bring me home If I don't come in, scary, you got to bring me home a turkey leg and some of the sausage stuffing got roger, Then I'll come to your apartment. Should have come in your apartment and the key and I'll go up and get it.
Speaker 3: You should have come in this morning. We had karma and the carbines. We had artichoke pizza in this morning.
Speaker 4: Did you bring me home pizza?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: We gotta take a break, all right, You do me fair because I'm now I'm not annoyed at you tell the tell the beetlejuice story you had. You had a expensive beetlejuice custom.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was going to tell you about what what happened with me and Scottie today, which happened on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, but no, what about what about beetle jew.
Speaker 4: You said you had a problem with the beetle Juice costume that you bought and that's why you're not wearing it.
Speaker 3: But I don't know what right, Okay, so the problem is Okay, So I was supposed to be Beetlejuice today I ended up being a care bear. Thank you to Scotty B for bringing into care bear outfit. Actually my issue with him has to do with me. It has to do with inadvertent way of the part bear. I think I was grumpy Bear. I don't know which care beer I was.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 3: I was a scare bear for Scary Jones, or as Elvis said, Times Square bear because the costume.
Speaker 4: Is a little a little dirty, funny, a little dirty. You know, that's a joke I would have written for him. That's that's that's very funny Times Square bear. You know, yeah, props Elvis, that's very funny.
Speaker 3: Like there's like, you know, mud all over me and like fucking smell like your cigarette under under the hellmet. I smell the urine the top and the costume is ripped anyway, because those are the characters you find in Times Square people.
Speaker 2: If you're a Slice Square, Elmo is like like timu Elmo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, p s a to the the slices. If you're ever in New York City, don't stop for the Times Square characters. They are filthy, they're rude. Don't go near a.
Speaker 4: Living also, yeah, I know, but they're What about the ladies to we are naked and paint they paint their boobies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely stay away from them. You may not even be women.
Speaker 4: Who knows they got breasts.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 4: After that, I'm saying, the.
Speaker 3: Beetlejuice costume is a Oh by the way, as we speak, you know it's about to kick off. Is the Village Halloween game loss? Yeah? That and the Village Halloween Parade is going on here as we record in October thirty first, Oh, that's quite the thing.
Speaker 2: And you know the theme for this year is a crazy cat lady.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, which is yep? So you fit, what are you doing? You're going on your desk?
Speaker 2: So hold on anyway, So my so my Beetle Juice costume.
Speaker 3: So I get this Beetle Juice.
Speaker 2: I ordered Beetlejuice costume online and.
Speaker 4: Then hold on and put my hip hold on. Okay, the Beatles just costume, you know where my my studio here is right by the by the front door.
Speaker 3: Right, did you have trick or cheetah treaters?
Speaker 4: Just now hold on, No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Right now, she's crunch with that no online my bell, that candy, that candies ville, your trick or treaders?
Speaker 4: I thought I got them. I got a coughin dish right and it's casting coughing the dish. No coughing, fire, You coughing a dish full of chocolate you handed to kids. And they gave us all purple tags to put on our front door to let people know come by this door that I'm participating in Halloween.
Speaker 2: Okay, so how many trick or treaters have you had?
Speaker 4: We're recording this now. It's like, you know, eight nine o'clock, whatever time it is, nobody's riding my doorbell. I got a bowl of a chocolate out there. I'm all ready to go.
Speaker 2: Well why don't Why is no one ringing your bell?
Speaker 3: You already the community as that guy, as that guy, that guy no trained inflatables.
Speaker 2: Out in front.
Speaker 4: I have a giant pumpkin man and a and a and a grim reaper like ten feet tall. They're huge. No, I'm very inviting. I got Halloween wrapped around the banister for the stairs to the porch.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, to go, ready, ready to go.
Speaker 4: They're like, listen, there's a lot of kids in this area, because you notice my first Halloween here? Yes, and uh, all right, a lot of kids. So I took care of the chi Like listen, I went shopping. I got the chocolate. I I went and got the bags of the miscellaneous thing right, and now you're sitting there.
Speaker 2: And you're eating all the candy before they can get to your door.
Speaker 4: I bought the multi packs, the variety packs of Target, and I picked out all the ones.
Speaker 3: I like, those are the best.
Speaker 4: No, so just why everybody gets the butter fingers. I didn't want the butter grand Oh you eat all the stuff you love and then you leave the bad ship to them. Yeah, yeah, so I got Now I got all of it. Nobody rang the bell, say go you beetle Juice Cox. I just told you know where I was going.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, you're right there, be you. Yeah, give yourself another payday, not not on any pay day, and you haven't had one of those in a while.
Speaker 4: Go to commercial Hio. We just came back from one otherwise I would because that's too perfect, that's excellent.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah. So the the the Beetle Juice costume that I got, I ordered an XCEL.
Speaker 3: I wanted an XCEL because it is fifth quarter scary, and I'm like, all right, you'll figure this one out. Nope, no XCEL available. All right, you know I'm gonna do I'm gonna do it two XCEL and I'll be baggy. I'll be a baggy Beetle Juice rather than go up than down. Right, Well, what shows up at my apartment a large motherfuckers. So now I said, you know what.
Speaker 2: Let me try this. So I put on I put on the pants, the elastic pant.
Speaker 3: Now the pants were fine because they did they were the stretchy pants. There was no buttons to them, there was no so like that was fine because they were they were expandable, you know, weight rubber band waist type pants. You know, you know what I'm talking about. And then the jacket was like, well, this may not clothes because that was a little so I said, but don't matter because Beetlejuice wears a button down white shirt with a tie, a black tie, so I could do that and then put the jacket over it and then leave the jacket open.
Speaker 2: It'll still look great. All was well, fine and dandy.
Speaker 3: I did the workaround, and then I looked at the wig and I'm like, okay, they got the green wig with up the forehead, you know, the extra forehead. It's got like a five head, the five head. Yeah, it's not a forehead, it's a five head. And then I'm like, I looked at myself in the mirror with everything on. I'm like, motherfucker, I'm like, what out the white makeup and the black eyes. I don't look like beetlejuice. I look like a foot locker employee or doc from uh back to the doc from Back to the Future. I'm like, you need, you absolutely need the white face paint and the black eyes. Yeah, didn't they offer you that on the website, Like people who buy this also buy this.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: No, and I had it.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: No, I had the right stuff to do it.
Speaker 4: I shouldn't. You shouldn't have said get the white paint.
Speaker 3: Doesn't matter. That's neither here nor there. I didn't want to take the time to like like apply the stuff. I'm like, I'm going to work, I'm going to the station my cont You know I'm gonna wear We're gonna wear the costume for two hours.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get sick of it.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be off by eight o'clock and I'm gonna have a face full of white makeup and black eyes. I'm like, no thanks. Now I'll be back in my shorts and T shirt again, with with a with a with a white uh with white makeup all over my face. No thanks? So I said, you know what, this is more trouble than it's worth. So I was the Debbie Downer today and I didn't wear my Beetleice costume to work. I'm so pissed.
Speaker 4: Way she went as a care bear.
Speaker 2: It paid fifty four dollars for this thing. Now what oh yeah, you sell it next year?
Speaker 3: Well maybe what.
Speaker 4: What's today's scary, Today's Thursday, today's Halloween? You could sell it immediately on Facebook for people that have Halloween parties this weekend.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's a great idea. You want to do that for me? Brody?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come over my house right now tonight. I'm not gonna let you hear when I'm at home. Come over and I'll put up on Facebook.
Speaker 3: For you.
Speaker 4: I'm not really sure why you can't put it on Facebook, but okay, well anyway, I don't know. I guess you're you have to sell it next year when the movie is not as popular.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, I heard Al Roker was was Beetlejuice today on the time.
Speaker 4: That is that racially insensitive?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Because he's in white going in white face. He's in white face. I think that's okay, though I'm sure somebody got offended. But I think, wait, did he what did he put on the face paint? Can we google that real quick?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just heard that he was Beetlejuice, that we we had similar costume ideas.
Speaker 4: Al Roker is Beetlejuice, so yep, so yeah, full make up. It's fine, full make up. That's what play Devil's Advocate. I'm I don't really care. I'm just joking.
Speaker 2: So I was a care bear.
Speaker 3: Scotty b said, you know, gave me his onesie, and early this morning I called him and he was already driving to work because he lives out in Long Island, and I was at a long drive.
Speaker 2: I was still at home, so.
Speaker 3: I wanted to remind him I wanted to see if he actually brought the costume, because I texted him last night.
Speaker 4: He's antal he would bring it well, of course.
Speaker 3: So I get him on the phone. I'm like, hey, buddy, I'm like, I don't want to think I want to deal with this beetlejuice costume. Do you did you bring the care bear onesie for me to just slide into, because let's face it, these onesies they're so great. You don't have to It's it's like a no brainer.
Speaker 4: They're right over your diaper.
Speaker 3: And he goes, yeah, he goes.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, I ah shit, I'm like, what happened? He goes, oh shit?
Speaker 3: What He's like, I just got a speeding ticket.
Speaker 2: The speeding camera caught me. God damn it. You know it's your fault.
Speaker 3: Scary. I'm like what, yeah, he goes, Yeah, you're distracting me. You're calling me, you're calling me up. I'm driving to work. This is the route to work I take every day every day. I notice slow down in this block because I know that the speed camera's there and it took a picture of my plate and they can mail me a ticket. You owe me fifty bucks because the ticket's fifty bucks. So I'm like what, I'm like, No, brah, Mike, you gotta be take responsibility for your own actions. You're driving that vehicle. Yeah, but you wouldn't normally be on the phone me right now. That's bullshit? All right, Brody? Where do you feel about that? And I know you and I have been into a quite the spat about something about somebody similar.
Speaker 2: You got pulled over with me on the phone once and you tried to turn it on me.
Speaker 4: He went on the phone, here's what the just for those that remember, because we did talk about it a long time ago. Scary repeatedly kept texting me text text tex tex, text over and over again like crazy because he didn't want to combine, like make one long text. So he's like one thought, continued thought, more thought, next paragraph.
Speaker 2: So my phone had.
Speaker 4: So I picked up my phone and I pushed the button to make it stop vibrating. And the car, the police car on the cross street I was going across, saw me holding something and pulled me over and said I was on my phone and I wasn't. I was just turning off the phone and they said, you have a phone in your hand. I said, it could have been my wallet. You don't know. Well already told me it was your phone. I go, yeah, because I'm honest. Anyway, the point was it was Scary's fault that I picked up the phone because he wouldn't stop texting me over and over and over and over and over again. That's different. Scottie didn't have to answer the phone number one, number two. It's up to him to slow down. That's a driving hazard. I didn't go through a red light because I was distracted.
Speaker 3: Well he said that because he was on the phone with me, he was distracted and he wasn't paying attention as much.
Speaker 2: And that I'm like, well, that's your admission of guilt right there.
Speaker 4: Well, if he's on the phone, he should have slowed down. That's the first thing after that.
Speaker 3: You're you're telling me you're not paying attention. Well, let that who's I can't get into your brain?
Speaker 4: You need to If he can't do two things at once, he should have said, I can't talk to you right now. I can't talk to you. I'm driving. Wait till I get to a red light. No I I I'm gonna As much as it sounds like a brody thing to ask for the money. I'm gonna say no on this one because that's a no for me. Dog, because he shouldn't have been speeding. I only picked up the phone. I did not take my eyes off the road. I just lifted the phone to push the button. His argument is that I caused him to speed, therefore I'm paying.
Speaker 3: I should be.
Speaker 2: Paying his ticket.
Speaker 4: Well, he might have had a shot if he had said you should pay for half. So I feel like you would have gone like, all right, no.
Speaker 3: But I don't know him. Shit, he didn't charge of that vehicle. He's got he's the licensed driver. I'm sitting at home. I don't even know what the hell's going on.
Speaker 4: You do have a pattern of disturbing people when they're driving, though, Oh please, you know you don't care.
Speaker 2: That's like I've told this story. You have people brody.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: My wife and I are having dinner. Oh that's great. Anyway, let me tell me having to work today. You don't care what people tell you. If Scotty had said, scary, listen, I'm on the I'm driving. I can't talk right now, You're like, oh cool, anyway about that costume, and you would have kept talking right or wrong, I don't know. I think you're buy him breakfast tomorrow morning. That's what I think, buying breakfast, and then and then we're even. Yeah, I mean I wouldn't have bought him break I'm not buying the I'm not buying a steak breakfast, that's for sure. Yeah, well, you'll tell him you'll buy hi breakfast, and then fourteen years ladies still won't buy it for him.
Speaker 3: Glen Boys Podcast, We will be.
Speaker 4: Right back by pickleball Scared, I gotta tell you about pickle ball. I'm gonna tell you about who do you want to hear about first? So close Sondra or fuck shit? Freddy?
Speaker 2: Oh I got to hear about fuck shit?
Speaker 4: Okay. So when you play at the same time every week, yep, we're pretty much seeing the same people, right because you all have the same availability, which, by the way, mine is most of the time. Anyway, I played at a different time last week. I forget what that was. And our group, at our skill level, we had courts let's say, five, six, and seven all in a row, okay, And this is a really nice pickleball place and it's got its fence. Each each court is fenced in because I played at a place where it wasn't fenced in and the ball kept the people next to me kept hitting their ball on dark court. I hate that. Never going back that place anyway. I'm playing, we're playing as four of us playing, and I hear over and over like I don't know where I go.
Speaker 5: They go.
Speaker 4: Now, look, I'm I'm in court five, right, so I'm I'm at the end of the line of courts that we have. It may have been five, six, seven, eight, So I'm hearing somebody from like all the way down the other end is cursing. They're yelling fucking shit, and I'm like, what did like stay stubbed or te I don't know what's going on. And you know, they were good like forty fifty feet away, So I don't know who's on the court yelling because I'm not watching them to see who's yelling, because when I'm playing, I hear the cursing, and when I'm looking, they're not cursing, So I don't know who it is. But I've never heard this before. So the way picklebull works, this is a reminder. When you win, the winners stay on the court and they split you go to one side of the net and you stay and well, you know, so you're not on the same team. Every time the losers have to go to whatever game ends next, and you play the winners, you split up. So this is going on now for like an hour. Every once in a while he has shit. Now, this is a quiet you know, you don't screaming yet like that.
Speaker 2: That's very competitive for pickleball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well pickleballs a very competitive. But anyway, at some point later in the day, I get rotated over to court eight and there's this guy and I'm like, oh, nice to meet you. Nice to meet you. Very pleasant. I hit a ball, I make a great shot, and he goes, hey man, nice shot. I filter yeah, And he's very very pleasant guy and he's like, oh, I fucked up a service, Like, hey man, you'll get it next time, no problem. That's when it started happening scary. Every time he hit a ball into the net or too far, he would like make two fists and shove them towards the ground and yell like really loudly like Tott's style. No no, like like like stomping like a like a tempertation, and they would mumble to himself he'd walk back to the spot to serve or whatever. And I've never seen this before. I've seen on a baseball field when you strike out once, you yell fuck. If you make an error, yell shit whatever.
Speaker 2: This guy.
Speaker 4: Eight nine times during the game. You know, you play till eleven. There's a lot of opportunity to mess up every time. So one time he hit a ball he thought was out, he yells fuck it and the other team goes, no, no, that was in.
Speaker 3: Oh it was in.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, oh all right, I take back the fuck. Then, so he cursed and the ball was in. So fuck shit, Freddy. I have not seen him since. But here's the thing, Fuck shit Freddy. Turns out he's the husband of a woman that I've played with. The woman is the nicest, quietest, demure, friendly, so demure, so demure. Yeah, that's why he's doing. Couldn't be nicer. So I was like, oh, oh, I've never seen you before. This is your first time. He goes, yeah, my wife brought me. Go who's your wife? He goes oh. And in the back of mind, I'm going to really quiet one like is she quiet because they make a good marriage or is she quiet because he screams all the time.
Speaker 3: I think he does the heavy lifting, he does all the yelling and the screaming and the and that's what makes it a great marriage.
Speaker 4: It got to the point scary, yeah, because if he hit a ball, he does the yelling for both of them. Yeah. If he hit a ball that was on its way out, like it's a home run, Like he hit it like it's there's no way it's landing in. I like, I almost like cringe because I knew it was coming, and he's like, so he was like and then once a while he goes, motherfucker. Now this was I want to say it was over the weekend, so maybe it was. It was really early on a Saturday. I don't normally get up that early, so I don't know, go to like plate nine am, and so the owners weren't there, you know, like they had like the eighteen year old teenager was watching the front desk, so there was no one there was going to tell this guy to stop doing that. But you imagine you're like, you're not like outside on it, like in the middle of a park. You know, you're like, here's indoor plays and he's like, motherfucker and not like, it's one thing if you mumble and you go fuck damn it and you walk off.
Speaker 2: Right, I've done that.
Speaker 4: You go, oh fuck, he's screaming it, screaming it. So that's fuck shit, Freddy, that's my new friend. And then it's so close, Soandra, so close, Sondra, she's another one who lies, and so she's on my team. Every ball that was hit that was close to the line, you know, people go, oh, that was out, but I would see there was it was in, right, She would go, oh, so close it was. I was so close though. It was so close. Everything was so close. Oh man, that was almost a real shot.
Speaker 3: I was so close.
Speaker 4: She's lying and saying everything is like, oh, and I'm looking. I'm going that was in.
Speaker 3: She thinks that's gonna playcate you and that's going to solve the problem. Right.
Speaker 4: So then I played against her and I hit a ball on the line in the back corner and I saw that it was in and she was, oh, David, nice shot. So close. I'm like, she's fucking lying. She's lying.
Speaker 2: That's a new way of getting around it because it's so polite, you know.
Speaker 4: Right, she's complimenting you on a great oh, great shot, so close.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. The power is positivity.
Speaker 4: So if you play pickleball, Henry, I know you play pickaball, if you guys play any sport, tennis, whatever, like people like, oh, oh you just missed it. Oh it was so cold. They're lying. Yeah, but that's not that's not the worst I want to talk to you about. I'm gonna tell you about I'm gonna save Howie for next week. But let me tell you about resting bitch Face. I told you about resting bitch Face a couple of weeks ago. She's the one that if she's on your team, everything that you guys hit is in, and everything that the team hit is out. Doesn't matter. If it's it's out, it's out, it's out, and if we hit it, it's always in.
Speaker 3: No, No, that was in.
Speaker 4: Okay. So I played with this person a few days ago and I'm like, oh, look who's here. So I played with her and she tried.
Speaker 3: She tried.
Speaker 4: First of all, she tried to scambony on me. She tried to scamboney. You ready for the scam bony, scam bony scambony. It's the rules of pick a ball. When explain the rules real quick.
Speaker 3: When you use music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, scambony here comes. Now when you have the ball, when it's your turn, when your team's turn to serve, the game starts. You serve from the right side, and if you win the point, you move to the left side. You and your partner switch. How you go right left, right, left, right left. That's how the game is played.
Speaker 2: Does that makes sense? Yes, Surf from the right, surf from the left.
Speaker 4: If you don't get the point, then your partner serves, and then once you both lose, the team serves.
Speaker 2: So sounds straightforward.
Speaker 4: I had won the previous match, so I got to stay on the court resting. Bitch face comes from another court because she had lost. So she comes to the court and she comes over to my team and she says, now, when you when you own the court like I did, I won like five times in a row. I stayed on the right side with the ball in my hand. I'm going to serve first, right because I won, she says. She comes over and she says, I'm left handed, so I have to serve first.
Speaker 2: What the hell does that mean?
Speaker 4: That's what I said. Now, if you're left handed and you stand on the right and I'm right handed. On the left, scary, my right hand is going to be on the same side as her left hand. That makes sense, Right, she's to my right. If she swings with her left bracket, you're left handed. Scary. If I swing with my right hand and you swing with your left hand, we're going to bang into each other if we're not careful.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: So she says, I have to serve first so that after I get the point, we'll switch sides. Otherwise you and I going to be banging into each other the whole game. That doesn't make any sense. We all eight sides after every serve. Yeah, so every other serve, we're not gonna have that problem.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even there, And I know that.
Speaker 4: She says, oh no, if we're both if we both have our backhands in the middle, then if they hit the ball up the middle, neither one of us be able.
Speaker 3: To get it.
Speaker 4: I said, I can backhand fairly. Well, I'm okay with that. She says, I have to be on the right. I said, I understand that, but when you serve, if you get the point, you're gonna be on the left. Well, even the pros know that, I said, I've never heard that rule that lefties get to serve first. That's bullshit. She says, well, I'm serving first. So I said, okay, fine, I'm not gonna I'm gonna get into a fight because that's what I would want to do. That's what I wanted to do. I wanted to get into a fight with bitch redstling, bitch face. But I didn't. Okay, So this is the same woman who again, remember I pickaball slices. Everything we hit is in everything they hit us out. So that happens a couple of times. I hit a ball long, scary, it's clearly out. The two guys on the other side they go, we didn't see it. Now, that was out, It was in, It was in. It was good hit, good hit. So I was like, I don't think that was it.
Speaker 5: It was in.
Speaker 4: Okay, great. I'm on the left side. A ball comes and it drops all the way to the left, right by the line, right by my feet. I watch it bounce by my feet in the blue area the kitchen, and I return it. The person then hits my ball back between us and gets the point. She yells, it was out mine, the one that was by my feet that I hit Wow, she was I yelled out. I said, no, no, it was in. No, it was out. I said, listen, you were twenty feet away. It's okay, it was in. It's good. And the girl on the other side of the net looks at me and she's like, are you fucking kidding me? With this woman?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? And she rolls her eyes and she's like, you gotta a kidding.
Speaker 3: I go, what do you want to do?
Speaker 1: It was in?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was out.
Speaker 4: It's us serve okay. So I'm like, I can't. I'm arguing my own teammate like it was. It was in the okay. So then she decides that she's got it. She's gonna take a break. She goes and sits on the bench.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now I'm playing with a new partner against two other people. I'm on the court playing. I hit a ball to the middle of the other person's court on the side in the back deep. The two guys run for it. They don't see it land. I see that it landed on the line because I'm staring at it. I'm staring I hit it, I'm staring. So they look at me and they go, what was it?
Speaker 3: I go it was in.
Speaker 4: She from the bench, yeles it was out.
Speaker 3: I saw it.
Speaker 2: It was definitely out.
Speaker 3: Teammate.
Speaker 4: Well, she wasn't my teammate anymore, I know.
Speaker 2: But still but like she and she's no one asks the.
Speaker 4: Umpire on the bench.
Speaker 3: Nobody asked her.
Speaker 4: Don't give a call.
Speaker 3: Her eyes are playing tricks on her.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. It's whatever she wants. She wanted to get back at me for calling her out, so she told her she yelled it out. My brow was out.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, revenge.
Speaker 4: No, no, she's I definitely saw that it was out.
Speaker 2: So then what did you play it as out or in?
Speaker 4: I had to play it was out because the guys were like, well she saw it.
Speaker 2: She's closer.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you got are you.
Speaker 3: A bunch of children? How old are these people? Like in their fifties and sixties? They're arguing this like this, This will man't know how old she is. Maybe he's in her early sixties. She's old, much older than me, but she so. Then she says, then she's scary. She says, I gotta leave early today. I said, where are you going? This is the middle of the match. The next time she's playing again she's on the other side because I gotta leave.
Speaker 4: Where are you going? I gotta get to Majong. I gotta get to Majong. She had to go play Majong, scary, resting bitch Face. I hope she I see her name registered and I go, I'm not going that day. I'm not going that day. She's terrible. She's terrible.
Speaker 3: She's gonna give it.
Speaker 4: Resting bitch Face, she's the most.
Speaker 3: I think you need to go see my cardiologist and I want you to take a stress test. I need you to know yes, because I want I'm curious what their findings will be. With you slices.
Speaker 4: Who would you be more annoyed at Freddie Fox shit so close, Sondra where everything? Or Resting bitch Face who lies about every shot I think restling bitch Face takes the cake for me or the pie. I don't want to think of her in pie.
Speaker 3: No, Okay, Well, anyway, I'm gonna leave you with this. And it's a Grammar Police because it is just me and laugh and then I guess.
Speaker 4: Grammar police, and then then we'll both goem police.
Speaker 2: We had our car parked in a special garage.
Speaker 3: I guess you know, special parking that we had and we were waiting to pick up our cars and I'm looking on the wall Bertie. You know, sometimes they want to give you a little on what to do, so they make a professional, professional sign that says we appreciate your tip. It's a permanent sign, Brodie that they had a sign maker make oh with awesome font and everything like that.
Speaker 4: I can't can't see it. I see tip. They spelled appreciate wrong.
Speaker 2: They spelled appreciate with one P we A P R E C I A T.
Speaker 3: This is a sign that is hanging on the wall next to way you pay for your car, and it's a permanent sign and nobody has changed it.
Speaker 4: Do you remember out the window of our old studios when I still worked there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is classic.
Speaker 4: The sign shop across the street, it's a.
Speaker 2: Sign shop, folks, it's a they make signs for a living.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The sign for the sign shop had a spelling error. They spelled Tribeca wrong, right.
Speaker 4: Was that that's I think that's what it was. They spelled Tribeca two seasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here's my one job, one job. Here's my grammar police for the day. And then we'll get out of here slices. Love you guys. I was watching an interview with Sammy Hagar, who was one of the one of the lead singers of Van Halen, talking about Eddie van Halen and and he was blaming him for something. So the first person wrote, sam talks too much, and they used the wrong two. They wrote t O he threw ed under the bus t h R you threw Eddie under the bus. The next person writes, I think you mean through th h R O U g H.
Speaker 3: Double whare me.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna correct, somebody be correct correct. So I wrote I think you both mean t h R e W. One person wrote back, thanks and corrected it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: The person told me to go fuck myself, of course, but he spelled that right. Oh god, people, creature was not that hard, isn't Brocolyn Boys shot Brooklyn, Brooklyn Boys shock brock Lin