Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Show, Katty Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Jetty and now he.
Speaker 3: Arms rang.
Speaker 2: Live from Studio C season Your are we on Little Friday? Already? We are deep within the bowels of the Armstrong Ngetty Communications compound. They were toiling under the title of the show. They were lying, they were all lying.
Speaker 4: Or Trump tries to confuse the Middle East into surrender.
Speaker 5: What's that one about?
Speaker 2: A couple of.
Speaker 4: Different things, including his kind of off the cuff proposal that all the Middle Eastern countries should sign on to the Abraham of Courts as a condition of a ceasefire with Iran, and the number of countries said we already have relations with him, or said that's not even on the tape.
Speaker 2: So Iran shot a ballistic missile, a big time missile at or on one of our bases overnight, and we shot it down. But man, if that had gotten through, that would have been a big deal. You never know what these situations. I've never known anyway of what's a legitimate attempt to try to like kill two hundred US soldiers or they know it's going to be shot down, and it's a gesture. I've never quite understood that, and.
Speaker 4: Frequently we don't find out what actually happened for a while too, So right, any conclusions, I'm highly shaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was listening to David French of the New York Times the other day on a podcast, and I don't know, I hadn't heard this reporting, but he said the damage that Iran has done to US military basis at the very beginning was much much greater than it was reported. So well, if that's true, I don't know why it hasn't been reported, since the media is all in on being against this war. I haven't seen that much.
Speaker 4: Reporting on New York Times had a big piece on that that I saw a week ago, week and a half ago time.
Speaker 2: Totally, I'm over.
Speaker 4: I think it probably is over on the left, although you take in plenty of lefty media.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know if it's true. So yeah, I don't know. Well, that's the problem with what's the first uh, what's the first casualty in war? True? True, friend? And it continues during the war apparently because you know, everybody's got such a reason to want to make their argument that they exaggerate or make stuff up, and so figuring out what's actually going on because the people that are in favor of the war, I still think it was a good idea, although that seems to be a dwindling number of people out there exaggerate their position and the people who are against it exaggerate their position. So finding out what's actually happening is tough, but has some pretty heavy duty exchanging of armaments last night during a cease fire.
Speaker 4: Well, luckily we're just on the very threshold of deal. Any minute now they'll be announcing that.
Speaker 2: So Ian Bremer said he thinks we are on the threshold of a deal, and he has been mocking those statements for months now. Anytime anybody'd say that we're not even close to a deal, he would say, and he tweeted out, I think last night that we are actually close to a deal. Whether or not it's a deal people are going to like, I don't know, So we'll see on that. I thought it was interesting Wall Street Journal has two articles back to back. I don't know. In the paper version, maybe they weren't back to back, but on the online version they are back to back. The first one being how Iran is managing to still sell billions of dollars worth of oil to China and other places and getting around the sanctions and everything like that.
Speaker 5: Sanctions don't work.
Speaker 2: I've been screaming for decades. And then right after that article they have Tehran. How long can Iran withstand the economic pressure that they're about to fold under the pressure of this anction. So those two articles seem to odd back to back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, both can be true, but somebody probably ought to explain it to us.
Speaker 2: I just I have no idea what to believe. At this point, their currency is like a record low. The government is telling the regular people of the street, who were the protests back in February where they got mowed down by machine guns, were about how bad the economy was. Yeah, that's why they were.
Speaker 5: Referring to it now as the good old days.
Speaker 2: They were risking their lives because the economy was so bad. They were willing to go out there and challenge the government over the economy.
Speaker 5: Before the war started.
Speaker 2: And now with the currency at record low, the government is telling the people conserve electricity, don't run your air conditioning, you know, ride your bike, don't use fuel blah, blah blah, like with these are we got to really really knuckle down here and right, that's tough.
Speaker 5: That'd be tough.
Speaker 2: It's tough to tell a population that anytime, especially tough when they hate you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we hate you.
Speaker 2: We wish you were gone. So not really into this whole conserving energy thing. Yeah, nice suggestion.
Speaker 4: Well back to the whole economic pain I am hearing from commentators. I trust that the pain is real and it is growing. And while they have that oil revenue from the what do they call it, the ghost fleet or the shadow fleet or the super Mystery Fleet or whatever it is. And it's interesting because these boats they're like junkie and old looking, and they sit low in the water intentionally and they paint over any identifying signs or numbers or names or anything like that, or just hang tarps over it. So that's very much sneaking around in the dark. Yeah, that works to get past our blockade. The ocean is very large, jack, very large. I thought our blockade was better than that. But as you know, they are getting some income. But what I would love to see a chart or a pie graph or something explaining, you know, how much money they need and how much money they're getting through. That means because they're burning through all their reserves and all their storehouses full of this, that and the other.
Speaker 2: So both can definitely be true. Speaking of pie, you can't say pie chart without my mind going that direction. I didn't hear I know that about you. That's right word you said after you said pieh We've lost him.
Speaker 5: I haven't had any pie this year.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite pie? Jack, the one that's in front of me. I haven't had any pie this year as part of my New Year's resolution, and I'm at the lowest weight I've been in a couple of years. And I almost fell for one of the oldest mistakes in the weight loss game. Because, as I've been saying, and I think everybody can relate to this, I've bean in the groove of eating right and it seems effortless right now, and I know from past experience that at some point that will end and it will be impossible to get back into the group that needs to be studying more. Why that works that way, that when you're in the groove of going to the gym or eating right or whatever your thing is, or you know, keeping your desk on cluttered or whatever it is. You get in the groove and it seems like, well, this will I'll be like this forever because this is so easy, And then when it's gone, it's all the way gone, like waking up one day and all of a sudden you can't speak French anymore.
Speaker 4: You're like, I don't know any of these words. I don't know how the verbs work. How do you I have no idea how I did that right? And then when the groove is gone, it's like.
Speaker 5: How did I ever do that? How did I ever go a whole week or weeks.
Speaker 2: Without eating this or that or getting to the gym or whatever it is you're you're talking about doing AnyWho, I almost this morning, and I laughed out loud at myself for having the notion because my pants are a little big, and I thought, I go out and get some new pants.
Speaker 4: I laughed to myself, like this, that's it, gone, buy new clothes, you idiots. That's funny that it's such a like a parallel to the old the ancient saying, if you wish to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans. If you wish to make the weight gods laugh, go out and buy new clothes.
Speaker 2: That's what they're waiting for.
Speaker 5: Get him, get him the weight. Gods, they slapped their head.
Speaker 2: I can't believe he's doing this.
Speaker 5: I got another one.
Speaker 2: We got another one. I'm looking at five person pasts like twelve shirts. Yes and then because I was I was not feeling good yesterday. I spent the entire day in bed, didn't eat or drink a thing. Yesterday. I'm feeling horrible. Feel better today. But I think I got something at a restaurant, based on a chat, GPT and everything like that. If a stomach thing comes out of nowhere, by far, the most likely explanation is food poisoning. And how often do people get food poisoning? I thought it was pretty rare. Does it happen that often? Anyway? It's almost always from food, and probably a restaurant. And I didn't know that that that was the most likely thing. And Henry was feeling poorly, and we both ate together at a restaurant that's not doing very well. There's never anybody there, and I always think, Wow, this is a cool place, but there's never anybody here. I don't know if it's gonna last anyway, We're both horribly, horribly six stomach wise the next day.
Speaker 4: And I know they can't afford soap for their employees' hands anymore, So just rinse when you're in.
Speaker 2: The bathroom and that'll be good enough, I'm sure. Yeah, it's generally from the hands of the people not keeping things clean more than like the food was tainted on its own, it got tainted by the person who was touching it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's I think I'm guilty of thinking of food poisoning as something severe like all the time.
Speaker 5: I think I could be.
Speaker 4: It could be ten different levels of Man, I just feel a little odd to full on. I'm in the hospital dehydrated.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think I am too, And that's why we we don't notice a lot of it. You eat somewhere and some some guy works in the kitchen thought I better get back in there. I don't have time to wash my hands, and next thing, you know, everybody's not feeling so good the next day, right.
Speaker 5: You that's gross when you think about it. I wish I hadn't said that.
Speaker 4: Are there on hard times and there's a little mere a little uh, you know.
Speaker 5: The I don't think that. I don't think that happens a lot in the United States.
Speaker 2: Would you like our mostly beef taco today? It's unspecial. We have talkers, we have chicken pork. What was that third one? I'll have the surf and turf.
Speaker 4: Well, it's actually the litter boxing turf today, but yeah, you sure, Quint?
Speaker 2: All right, we gotta have we gotta start the show officially. I can't handle that scratching post. What would be the equival I haven't been ever good for thirty six hours and I can't handle league. Okay, sorry, Joe, sorry, my bed. Well, okay, I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Thursday, May twenty eighth. We're almost out of May people that year twenty twenty six. We are armstrong in getting we approved of this program.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go, deep breathless begin officially according to FCC rules and regulations.
Speaker 2: Here we go at Mark. Well happened.
Speaker 6: I don't know what happened. I mean when I as I watched it, I thought, oh my god, he's having a stroke, and it scared me to death.
Speaker 2: Well, she would know if he was having a stroke. That was doctor Jill Biden. She would have been able to diagnose it. Ah beautiful caught me off guard. Joe Biden out with an interview that got a lot of people's attention. She watched that debate, the debate and thought he was having a stroke. Then why was she out there like an hour later saying.
Speaker 5: Joe, yes, the questions.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about that coming up in just a little bit title of the show. They were lying, They're all lying.
Speaker 5: And you know what's going on here.
Speaker 2: All smart people and us figured out that the real villain in the whole story all along was that woman there, Joe Biden.
Speaker 5: She's the reason.
Speaker 2: You can't blame it on the guy who's got dementia for making bad decisions. It was his wife, who knew every bit how bad he was, who was trotting him out there because she wanted to keep being first lady. Right, She's the villain, And now she's trying to clean that up for history, for history, for the history books, for the way people look at this, for all eternity.
Speaker 5: She's trying to change the narrative.
Speaker 2: But I think she's gonna fail. Yeah, good luck with that. The more we learn, the more we know we were right. Wow. Okay, I wait to play some of those clips if you haven't heard of them, in lots of other stuff. We'll have, in fact, all the headlines coming up next day. Here my favorite headline of the day, which is twenty years late at least, from the New York Times. It's an opinion piece. Can America finally stop its obsession with the Kennedys. I've been saying that for thirty years. Of course, now they want to do it, now that RFK Junior's out there being a kook that has mystified me so completely for so long. No kid, the fascination. I just I'll read some of it. It's pretty interesting. Yeah, please, Yeah, I'd love to do that.
Speaker 4: Plus I'm excited about a handful of a pretty good handful of things we're gonna talk about today, including a study that says using AI for ten minutes can make you lazy and stupid. Whoa, and if you started out as an unmotivated half wit. You know, just I'm not thinking of anybody in particular, certainly not me. That's bad news. So stay tuned for that, won't you. It's also incredibly useful. But wow, so let's figure out who's reporting what. It's the lead story with Heather Meyers.
Speaker 2: Heather, take it away, Jack Joe.
Speaker 1: Good morning. Here's how the networks are covering the news. From CNN, Jill Biden says she was worried Joe Biden was having a stroke during the twenty twenty four debate. Fox News former First Lady ripped after stunning admission about Biden's disastrous debate, and from The New York Post, Jill Biden shockingly admits she thought Joe was having a stroke during disastrous twenty twenty four debate with Trump.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like the way everybody just goes with that. No, Okay, she thought he was having a stroke.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to question the fact that she let him finish the debate then took him to I think nine different places over the next twenty four hours, not a doctor at any point, just where we'll go straight to the waffle house and then the airport and continue doing campaign stops even though I think he might be having a stroke, raising money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nice, Penis Morning.
Speaker 1: The story's breaking. If federal judge refuses to block President Trump's order to create a federal voter list and limit mail voting, just.
Speaker 2: No men can vote anymore.
Speaker 4: This is outrageous, this is sexist, this is oh oh m e il.
Speaker 2: Sorry sorry, yeah, different mail.
Speaker 1: Good question though. From CNN, Republicans are poised to finish this year's redistricting, wore ten seats ahead of Democrats.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, Yeah, it was funny Trump or somebody close to Trump accused South Carolina of being disloyal and not redistricting and blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: I was just reading about it. No, the problem is early voting.
Speaker 4: It already started, so they're looking at throwing away thousands of votes and getting into incredible legal battles over that. And they thought, we're not doing that. We're gonna wait to after the primary at least. So that's what's going on there.
Speaker 1: From the New York Times, the Justice Department said to be opening a criminal inquiry of e.
Speaker 2: Gene Carroll. Yeah. I don't like this. So that's the woman accusing Trump of she's accused him of actual rape, right, yeah, yeah, essentially, but the Justice Department going after her, Trump's Justice Department.
Speaker 5: That's not a good look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's over a question of perjury, over whether anybody was helping pay her legal bills.
Speaker 2: That's that's it.
Speaker 1: From carscoops dot com. Florida woman ticketed for texting with a hand that doesn't exist. What Yeah, this is a weird one. She actually has it on video where the officer is accusing her of texting with her right hand, and then at one point she holds up her right arm and she doesn't have a right hand.
Speaker 4: She can pray good evidence, Yeah maybe you didn't.
Speaker 5: Notice, yes, and she holds up her stump.
Speaker 4: But they ticketed her anyway, Wow, okay, and seem short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he cited her and then when the video went viral they retracted the citation.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty good defense.
Speaker 1: From the Babylon Bee family torn between placing grandpa in hospice and having him run for senate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, eactly, exactly. That's where we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thanks, Heather, appreciate it. Well done. As always. Uh yeah, Trump turns eighty here. Trump turns eighty here. In a couple weeks, he'll be the second oldest president in US history, following the first oldest president in US history.
Speaker 5: That's what we do now.
Speaker 2: For some reason, in how do you break out of it?
Speaker 4: I feel like there's a major change about to happen again in American politics. The way the parties, who the parties are, who they represent, their stances are. It all feels just so in flux, like everything else these days.
Speaker 2: Surely there's going to be a movement after this toward every president we have for the rest of my life will be in their fifties or sixties. I'll bet what's that.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know what's going to motivate that just backlash.
Speaker 2: Having observed eighty year olds as presidents, I think that's what's gonna be. What the motivation that don't work? Okay, we got a lot on the way, Jill Biden, this stuff is good. Stay here, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 7: The with the COVID, I excuse me, with dealing with everything we have to do with.
Speaker 2: Look, if we finally beat medicare, thank you, President Biden.
Speaker 5: We beat Medicare.
Speaker 2: We all know if we're watching the debate that that's from the first debate, the only debate between Joe Biden and Donald Trump. He had to get out within a week of that debate because it was a disaster and and and everybody knew it except it was exciting backstabby week. So I gotta admit sometimes I see here this stuff and I think, ah, right, So we're still beating up Joe Biden. He's no longer in office and he ain't ever gonna be again, So let's move on with our lives. But why is it back in the news.
Speaker 5: It's his wife's fault. She's got a book out.
Speaker 2: She's put out a book detailing the whole thing. And if she's got a book with her version of the story, and she's going to be doing interviews, we got to revisit it and you know, push back against some of her narrative.
Speaker 4: Indeed, indeed, so here she is. This is the only clip that's been released. She does a big interview on CBS Sunday morning, Marquee appears, and they've released this as a teaser.
Speaker 2: Were you horrified as you saw it unfold?
Speaker 6: I wasn't horrified. I was frightened because I had never ever seen Joe like that before or since?
Speaker 2: Never since? Yes, or is never seen never?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Well, why did he happen?
Speaker 6: I don't know what happened. I mean when I as I watched it, I thought, oh my god, he's having a stroke, and it scared me to death.
Speaker 2: You know, I had seen Joe like that before. Doctor so how closely were you watching it? Was? It's pretty ballsy, and unlike the first Lady of France. I don't think this first lady does have ballsy, but it is. Lord no, no, I won't have it. But go on, it is pretty ballsy to the throw in the And since because you can, you can try to say, I've never seen him like that before.
Speaker 5: None of us believe that.
Speaker 2: I think you saw him that way in the bedroom all the time, all the time you're getting ready for bed, and he's just a mess mentally, and you think, oh crap, I think you saw that all the time. You're the closest person to him. But to say, and since you're telling me, what are we two years later, he's ever had a moment like that?
Speaker 5: Sense, now, that is a hell of a thing to say.
Speaker 4: All politicians are liars, and a lot of politicians' wives, your power couples are they're politicians too, and they're liars.
Speaker 2: She's a professional liar. Two reasons for this I mentioned one earlier reason. Two reasons that she's got this book out. One she knows that she is and is about to be perpetually the villain of this whole story. I think that's why it's going to be written by historians.
Speaker 5: And two, they are broke.
Speaker 2: All the reports are the Biden family is just flat out of money. And they had been living, all of them living off of, you know, one pot of money that was brought in by the old man. They've been living a very high life for a very very long time. They are out of gas, they're out of money, and so that's part of that. So she's trying to change history and they need some money.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't care if you're Joe Biden or Joe Public. Do you know an average Joe or Jill America? If you ever find yourself thinking these good times will go on indefinitely, boy, check yourself fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh boy. So yeah, they had all those houses.
Speaker 4: Of course, a lot of that was from campaign contributors and hangers on and that sort of thing in the way that you know happens when you're in power.
Speaker 2: But that's it's just good advice. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, she was horrified, she was terrified, I'm sorry, and thought he was having a stroke. And in clip thirty five you can hear the terror in her voice.
Speaker 2: This is right after the debate.
Speaker 4: Four more years of stroke tests to see how much brain he's lost or I'm confused here.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure I understand and why the yelling.
Speaker 2: So so CBS only lets out that clip, But that's a pretty good clip because everybody's playing it and talking about it. So that's I'm surprised it's not the sixty minutes story Sunday night. I'm surprised they put it on that nobody watches. And it's the show before Faced the Nation that gets low rating. So, I mean, nobody watches the CBS Early show.
Speaker 5: But I want to know what the follow up is.
Speaker 2: The follow up's got to be. So you thought your beloved ancient husband was having a stroke and you took him out in public for the whole mind.
Speaker 4: Well, I you know, I loved my wife deeply, and if I was afraid she'd suffered a terrible, perhaps even catastrophic health problem, Uh, here's what I would say to her, Joe, you did.
Speaker 3: Such a great job. You answered every question, and you are.
Speaker 5: No I'd say, sweetheart, we got to get to the hospital.
Speaker 2: You did such a great job. You answered that me question, You do all the facts. I thought you just said you were terrified he'd suffered a stroke. You lie in liar. If CBS, God, if CBS doesn't play that clip, yes, then they suck. And I'm sorry, Barry Weiss, but you're making you're the people under you are making no effort to be legit journalists. If they do not play that clip, I'll bet they do. I'd be I'd be pretty surprised if they don't. I mean, you gotta you gotta play that clip.
Speaker 5: And think, well, then what about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did such a great job. You answered every question, you know all that.
Speaker 4: Speaking of real journalists, here's a real journalist the next day asking a question of the useless and incompetent KJP, who I miss in a weird.
Speaker 7: Way, did the president get exammed by a doctor?
Speaker 3: Or did he get a neurological scan?
Speaker 2: A neurological scan.
Speaker 7: Look, what I can say is that, just to take a step back, it was a bad night. We understand that it was a bad night, and the President has spoken to this.
Speaker 2: And he understands that. That's without that's the press without the knowledge that Joe Biden was afraid her husband was having a stroke. They were asking about a neurological exam the next day, and and KJP doing her job, which was she was instructed to do. She just bad at it to try to hide that whole thing. Hey, by the way, Joe Biden obviously said that more than once. Because that's a different clip than we've been playing for the last couple of years, which we answered all the questions. That's not the same clip. I swear to God, yeah it is. The inflection is different. Play it again, Joe.
Speaker 3: You did such a great job. You answered every question.
Speaker 6: Do you know all that?
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the same clip. I'm gonna do my own reporting on this and come up with I think she said that at more than one stop.
Speaker 4: I think you're having an event here. She was so troubled the next day. You can hear it in her voice. Michael, last clip you saw last night.
Speaker 3: On the debate stage was Joe Biden a president with integnity and character.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, they're a family of liars and thieves.
Speaker 2: I think, how about the crowd. How much is the crowd diluting themselves?
Speaker 5: They all saw the debate? Yeah, integrity and kick? Whoa he kicked?
Speaker 2: I mean, who the hell are you?
Speaker 4: Everybody's performing wow all the time. I wonder if that clip that we just played. Is that the same, literally the same clip we've been playing, Michael.
Speaker 2: Or is it here's our original one?
Speaker 3: Joe, you did such a great job. You answered every question, you know all.
Speaker 5: Yes, just a different microphone. Okay, that's why.
Speaker 2: It's like the uh, this is obscure, But it's the famous Dean scream. Sounds completely different on a different microphone, the clip that everybody played all the time, and sounds hinged on a different microphone, but unhinged on the one that everybody played.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well it's just this, this whole thing is just a great lesson that everybody needs to absorb.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 4: Look, all all parties and many many politicians engage in this show, and it's it's just it's a it's a dance, it's an act. It's a con to get you to vote them in so they can exercise power and get access to the treasury and do enough good stuff for you that you keep them around.
Speaker 2: But it's just a big game. It's the thing. What I think is interesting about it is that there's a h an entire structure that once a politician gets a certain amount of power, an entire structure that will carry that person along like they're all most secondary at that point. Sure, you just need a body that looks like that person. I'd say, with the exception of the really big strong personalities like Trump, like Obama, where they were they were the thing and other people weren't going to, like, you know, be the the the power of the whole thing, and just pointing to that person because Biddy was saying the pipe down, Barack, We've got this. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Biden was about as uh, you know, fundamental to what was happening in the White House as Colonel Sanders is to your local KFC.
Speaker 2: The old man ate.
Speaker 5: In the back cooking any chicken.
Speaker 2: All right, he's a mascot, That's what Biden was.
Speaker 4: He was a mascot and a wax dummy.
Speaker 5: That's a good one, isn't Michael.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe it's all lie.
Speaker 5: Okay, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I will actually record to that show for the first time, the CBS Early Morning Show.
Speaker 5: It's they already recorded.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure, but if you did not play any of those clips or push back at all of it, you made no effort to be a journalist. It's possible that they made one of those deals where because the Biden's been around this game for a long time.
Speaker 5: She's got a book out.
Speaker 2: Everybody wants the first interview.
Speaker 5: They shopped it around. Here are the questions you're allowed to ask.
Speaker 2: Here's the follow ups. We might even script it for you. If you want the first interview, you gotta play ball, because that's often the way it works.
Speaker 4: CBS Sunday Morning is very soft focusy gentle.
Speaker 5: It's not hard. Yeah, trump everything.
Speaker 2: Is got the trumpet thing at the end with Wynton Marcello's playing the trumpet next Sunday Morning.
Speaker 4: That's right, it's got a very gentle you know, vaseline on the lindsay feel to.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna ask the hard questions. Please, So you don't think on that show they yell you lying bitch. You don't think they do that on that show. It seems unlikely to be.
Speaker 4: I mean, who because the point of the book, from what I've been able to discern, the view from the East wing. Uh, you know, Jill Biden in the White House, which is naked cash grab.
Speaker 2: But hey, I'm too good for her. I would say, if she was going to be completely honest, she would be the most fascinating book about that administration and the most fascinating interview about that administration. Nobody has more knowledge about the whole thing than her. But I don't suppose she's being in the listspit on it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say, I'm well going to bet you a shiny new United States dime that's their aina out of that in there. It's just going to be a dopey memoir for half witted old ladies. It was certainly the way the very small chunk of the interview came off. But you know, half witted old ladies need to do something. They might as well read.
Speaker 2: This stupid books while you knit. Right. Knitting is a fine and relaxing past, of course, it is. Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, we'll find it monday.
Speaker 2: We'll have the highlights, the clips and see if they followed up at all and said, look, if you thought your husband was having a stroke up on stage, running up on stage would be I could see why you'd hesitate on that. I mean, that's you'd have to be pretty certain that something bad.
Speaker 5: Was happening to run up there, because that would end his campaign. I mean, if he turned out to be okay, it was, it's so bad.
Speaker 2: The other night his wife had to ru up on stage to make sure he was all right, would be a pretty bad look here being cynical, I say, doctor Jill has a new book out, see say Plodway, sister. But even if you didn't run up on stage to not to afterwards, to not say we we let's get back to the hotel, we can do more tomorrow. And you know, doctors travel with the president. He had doctors right there. I'm sure backstage even you'd get him looked at it if you actually thought he's having a freaking stroke. Right. Oh my god. This this crowd that gets into into power positions. That's how much they love the power, all these people. That's how much they love having your tax money. Is that they're willing to do this sort of stuff to hang on to it. Bo Okay, we've got mail bag next, stay here. So checking out the whole Iran war. To kick off hour two, there was quite an exchange of firepower overnight between the United States and Iran. They tried to hit one of our bases. We blasted them pretty hard. Israel attempted an assassination of a big time Iranian. So we'll get into that an hour or two.
Speaker 4: I have a freedom loving quote of the day for you from Abraham Lincoln. That's quite long and we don't have time for it, so I will squeeze it in tomorrow. It's kind of a Memorial Day related, so I'll go with this very short one instead. Going back to our series on optimism.
Speaker 2: Why did you stop it? Something just popped up on the screen. What day is it?
Speaker 4: Asked poo, it's today, sweet squeaked piglet, My favorite day, said pooh.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one. That that is fantastic childhood innocence. I want a giant, nicely framed version of that on my wall. That's fantastic. I love it. Yeah, what day is it? Asked pooh?
Speaker 4: It's today, squeak Piglet, My favorite day, said pooh, that's lovely.
Speaker 2: That might be the most important philosophy of all time. That's that's up there with the Buddha. That's up there with like the apostle Paul. I mean, did they tell that to that chronic depressive donkey?
Speaker 5: They tried, they were.
Speaker 4: That's cognitive behavioral therapy they tried on New York, right, but didn't take Oh boy, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Geeddy dot com. Jim from Vancouver, Right, I found your commentary about people on the left hating America the best I've heard in your analogy with marriage brilliant. Another factor to add is that there's still millions of people enslaved on earth, and almost all of them in Africa and Asian countries. As a group, white people were the first group in six thousand years of slavery to condemn the practice. Additionally, the US had legalized slavery for less than a century, while most other countries allowed it for many centuries or still allow it, etc. Thank you for being the voice in the wilderness.
Speaker 2: Well, and the best stat of all time is that there are more slaves on earth now than all the slaves that were traded during that whole period. Right.
Speaker 4: And then you have this on a similar topic from John about self haters. I have one thing to say to salf hating Americans. Lick my flagpole. That's not helpful, John, iipes, that is just it's coarse, and it's just do better, John. The imagery moving along from mister Brown guys, I'm glad to hear people who don't want to have borders. I agree with them because that way, I can identify as a resident of Texas while still living in California. As a Texas resident, I don't have to pay any state taxes, and I can carry my firearm anyway anywhere I like. Blah blah blah. Apparently boundaries do matter for voting districts. If there are no boundaries, why are they so intent on Jeremy meandering the state? Sorry, we can't have as states since borders don't exist. Fed up Frank from who knows where without borders, and then he signs off mofa make or well fiction again.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 4: You know what, actually, mister Brown, you've you've illustrated quite beautifully that a lot of the arguments are they don't mean them, they're insincere.
Speaker 2: And or a lot of the young activists.
Speaker 4: They don't think it's through their incapable rational thought, and so they just spout what their betters have told them to spout. Let's see b from Thailand says they're desperate to make a deal. It will happen soon, says the president. I'm reminded of that line from the fine film money Ball. If he's such a good hitter, why isn't he hitting good. Yeah, let's see. Yeah, that's kind of off the top and oh me away with.
Speaker 2: That Winnie Pooh brilliance. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Full credit to the great AA Milne Poper from Ted in Livermore. I don't understand resistance to license plate readers. Anything can be abused, but it seems to me that license plate readers can be used similarly to how cell phone location data is.
Speaker 2: Used by the police.
Speaker 4: The information is only accessible after a specific police request and or subpoena.
Speaker 2: But the license plate readers is the government right. The government can access phone stuff, but that's not originating with the government. That's good distinction
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty