Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Masser along Victim Savik.
Speaker 3: Let's get to Bailly Lipschaltz, his equities reporter here at Bloomberg News.
Speaker 1: He's kind enough to talk about some stocks on the movie. You actually had a lot to choose in terms of after hours.
Speaker 3: After Hours is finally. Honestly, when it's not earning season half the time, it's kind of like cool, Tim, I guess this one company no one's ever heard of is a four percent But companies you might have heard of reporting earnings none other than Pounteer ticker pltr Alex Karp saying that the second quarter was staggering otherworldly. Commercial sales rose one hundred and forty nine percent from a year earlier, so beating expectations. Raising guidance for the full year, they expect adjusted income from operations four point eight nine to four point nine to one billion, at the top end of the previous ranger was four point four or five billion dollars. The stock up fourteen percent postmarket. Wow it's down almost thirty percent year to date. Yeah, that's the one thing. Expectations kind of evan flow. This is the company that if you, if you kind of pulled the newsroom honestly and said, don't pull up a chart, where's Palenteer Trading, probably would guess all time highs? Yeah, not the case, right exactly. It's like I think, isn't it down almost forty percent from like a high last year?
Speaker 1: Sometime I thought it's yeah, it's exactly right, it's down forty percent, yeah, high November of twenty twenty five. Yeah, but it's still I mean, this stock is up even that, Carol, Yeah, this stock is still up from let's say the beginning of twenty twenty four, let's let's start there, six hundred and eighty six percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not too shabby, all right, bad if you if you bought in hell. But yeah, so that's a and again that's a three hundred and one billion dollar before today's move, after our after hours move, three hundred and one billion dollar market cap company. A lot of discussion though around kind of their technology gets put to work, but nonetheless.
Speaker 1: Save for another day. Okay, we will I get the picture, Okay, what else is on your radar after hours?
Speaker 3: Snap snap ticker. I have not used Snap since college. I would use aviage college user.
Speaker 1: You're the you are like the demo. Do do people grow out of Snap? I'm too old to ever have used it.
Speaker 3: So my wife has snapchats all the time, like her and her friends like share photos of like their kids and stuff. I couldn't tell you who. I don't know anyone. Again, I hadn't been single for a while, so like, maybe that's the target demographs. How would you use it for for dating?
Speaker 1: I have no idea, but I think isn't it popular with high school kids too? Like younger?
Speaker 3: I think in the and they kind of push kind of having like the ability to communicate with AI. The whole AI revolution, they were trying to lean into snap lenses though I don't know, not really. My again read a book walk out in the field, he feel the grass.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to say, chart is brutal.
Speaker 3: It is brutal. It's down a five dollars stock It's down forty seven percent in the last twelve months. But tim are you looking at it from its peak? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking a few years ago from its peak. Back in twenty twenty one, it's down ninety four percent from them. This was a eighty three dollars stock in September of twenty twenty one, but.
Speaker 3: Now it's up up nine and a half percent, you know, slowly.
Speaker 1: Even see that on the chart when I when I when I look at this from when I went public back in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, beating expectations. Management or CEO Evan Spiegel saying that the company saw improving momentum and advertising that was kind of the big qualm back in twenty twenty one, and also just calling out that the CEO saying wearable glasses will be a largest long term opportunity. Are you Are you a team Meta ray Ban guy or.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a no lenses in the or no cameras in the lenses and stuff as of now. But Mark German tells us we're all going to be wearing these. He told me, like he looked at me last week and he will be.
Speaker 3: Wearing the Apple glasses in the New YORTERM.
Speaker 1: Like what's is when they come out? He's like, you're and I love them, I know it, And look I trust Mark.
Speaker 3: So better you than me. I'll let you beat a test case.
Speaker 1: Well, his point was, look at how they really changed the watch category. Bat No, I know, I know, I had on that was a point. Yeah, what's because yours is from the first iteration of them. Second antique show, antique crush showing. All right, I think we have another one one more on the last thirty second.
Speaker 3: Up three point three percent eat expectations in the two Q according to bi third quarter outlook, increases the likelihood that the cyclical downturn in industrial and automotive and markets is in the rear view mirror. On semi down forty in two months. Well, they have a lot of exposure industrial but auto, right, and you think about what's happened in the av space and so and so far, you're going to feel that.
Speaker 2: One this stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headline. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.