Speaker 1: Welcome back to I Do Part two. I'm one of your celebrity mentors. It's Jenniferfessler from the Real Housewives of New Jersey and co host of the podcast Two Jersey Jays. Today is going to be fun. On this podcast, we talk a lot about the chapter two of it all, but today I'm going to be joined by two handsome men who are trying to get it right the first time around. Help me. Welcome John and Matt from the new season A Farmer Wants a Wife to the podcast. Hi guys, welcome, welcome, Thanks for having us, well, thank you for coming. I have to say, the first thing that occurs to me looking at the both of you is, why would one choose to be a farmer when they so obviously should be a model?
Speaker 2: What are you thinking?
Speaker 1: And probably I don't know if it would be easier or not. It feels like it'd be easier than being a farmer. But you're both gorgeous, and I mean you're here and you're single looking for love. We're just so excited to find out what is going on. Well, actually wore my cowboy hat in your honor. I love it out right right right, Thank you very flattering. Thank you. So all right, let's get into all the upcoming season. A farmer wants a wife. We actually just talked about this on a recent episode of the podcast. But did you guys know that, according to a divorce attorney, farmers are one of the professions least likely to cheat in a marriage.
Speaker 3: Really, have you heard that?
Speaker 2: Someone else told me that recently. I don't remember where I heard that, but I definitely believe it.
Speaker 1: Ladies, if you didn't want them because they're so good looking, here's the thing, they're all so loyal. So top three careers to not cheat accountant's, pharmacists, and farmers.
Speaker 3: Wow. Right, accountant surprises me too.
Speaker 1: My husband started out as an accountant. And if we're going to be real here on the pod, didn't really work out that quite that way for us. We're still together.
Speaker 2: Oh you're the exception. I guess we were the exception.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, but I think that's interesting. I mean, you guys are still you're still young, but you really are looking to settle down, both of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah about young?
Speaker 2: Wow, well, what are you thirty? I'm thirty.
Speaker 3: I'm twice six.
Speaker 1: You don't think that that's young.
Speaker 3: No, I was proud.
Speaker 1: You guys bring this dynamic to the show. Yeah, you became good friends, there four of you.
Speaker 2: The first day I walked up on filming, I hadn't met the guys in and immediately like, you're the oldest one.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, I can't have this conversation. I'm fifty six years old. So you guys have this among I appreciate that. Wow, your baby. I have a twenty five year old son. Oh really, I'm getting depressed. Let's move on. Tell me a little bit about we're just going to start jump right in. What kind of woman that you're looking for?
Speaker 2: Let's go first, Go ahead, man, let's take this one all right. You know, I'll say too that I was pretty impressed on the show, like they really did care about, like what you're looking for. It's not just based off and whatever, you know.
Speaker 1: So the things that I you know, it's not just looks that you're looking for.
Speaker 2: No, I like looks, but the things that I had said is like a you know, really family oriented Christian and you know, just someone that likes to have fun is my biggest thing, because I love just traveling and doing things and being out with friends and all that kind of stuff. So I've been with gals in the past, I like don't enjoy that as much. And so that creates problems there.
Speaker 1: Because is it a travel thing or just not so.
Speaker 2: Much travel, but just you know, being with friends, being with my family. I just some girls, you know, they just want to be just with you all the time.
Speaker 1: Red Flag girl doesn't have girlfriends or a lot of girlfriends. It is. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in my experience, been pretty good indication of no.
Speaker 1: I think that's so interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which, you know, teach their out. You don't have to do that but.
Speaker 1: For you, for me, because I'm not to make it about me, but I like to do that. But like I am a very social person and my husband really never was. But for some reason it worked. I could kind of brought them over to the dark side. But yeah, I guess maybe easier to start out with someone that's like you, likes to go out, likes to mix it up a little bit. Bavel what about you? What are we looking for?
Speaker 4: I mean, going into the show, I was really looking for somebody who would just be a great mother, you know, somebody who's nurturing and caring, also support me through and through. So that I could do the same for her. But going through the show and you know, coming out of it after like kind of being reflective in the OTF, which is what we call the interviews, the side of interviews, I kind of just decide on somebody, you know, I want somebody who I can just really get along with in the end, because that's all that really matters. That's who you're going to be spending the rest of your life with. So if you really can't get along with that person.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, no, I think it's that's absolutely true. But I'm going to say to you both that all of what you're saying, I mean I think that a lot of girls can fit the bill right what you're describing, likes to have fun and someone you can get along with. So I got to get we're going have to get a little deep for right, Christian very true sost to you. Both of you or someone someone open to it religious, we're both okay, So I mean that's helpful, right, so that at least we can narrow it down a little bit. Anything else you can give me though, and maybe even after filming, like specifics, I really I realized that I like girls with whatever long dark hair, or I like girls that love Would you bond with any of these girls specifically over something I like?
Speaker 2: I really like girls that don't like me as much.
Speaker 1: It's a horrible it is not let me tell you something. You came to the right place because I don't like No, because I used to work for this. I used to work for these women that wrote a book called The Rules, and the Rules is all about how to play hard to get. This is going back when I was your age. I worked for these people and there's this whole philosophy on it that I actually subscribe to and I try to get my daughters to subscribe to it as well. Is men just love the chase it is. I don't know if that's a good thing, a bad thing, if it's feminist, if it's not. But I just think that most men want what they don't think they can have.
Speaker 3: And I think that's super nature eneral.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, I could definitely see that with men, especially when I mean personally, when I was younger, I definitely had that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's changed for me, definitely.
Speaker 3: Changes older and older.
Speaker 2: Really Yeah, Yeah, when I was like early you know, early twenties, whatever you want to say, that really was like that, but then as time has gone on, it's like, okay, kind of like some of that, but not not too much because.
Speaker 1: Not you you want a bitch, but like you want someone who's not how I.
Speaker 2: Was going to say it, but yes, yeah, but just you know, it's just as soon as you are with someone and it's like right off the bat, they're just infatuated with you.
Speaker 1: And I'm kind of stay turn off.
Speaker 2: It is for me unfortunately, and I hate to say that because it's flattering, and like.
Speaker 3: You, I know what it is.
Speaker 1: Do you watch need it? No?
Speaker 2: I really watch TV.
Speaker 1: I can't these two. I can't. How how did you guys end? Yes, it's Bravo. Well, there's a couple on it right now and she is just way too upfront with in terms of how she feels and wanting to get serious too soon. But anyway, no, I think that's that's really interesting. So girls that play a little hard to get.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think the unfortunate thing about well, I wouldn't say unfortunate, but the interesting thing about this show is we filmed it all in one month, so you know, by the end of it, people either had to come out of their show, like that right, or stay reserved. So it's okay, interesting to see how everybody kind of plays out after having that discussion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really like read six months compressed at the one dating, you know, because.
Speaker 3: You've got to get right into it.
Speaker 2: You're talking about like really serious. So I'll never do that like in a normal.
Speaker 1: Dating situation, right, No, that's very true. So interesting. I'm just picturing what I would tell my daughter if she was going on like I would definitely tell her to play hard to get. But how do you do that in a month when you're supposed to get to know everyone and get your cards out on the table. All right? So what kind of marriages do you guys come from? Tell me a little bit about your parents. Have they ever been parents? Still together?
Speaker 2: My parents would? They've been together forty six years? I think, wow, never even considered it.
Speaker 1: Forty six years. They started young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad's early seventies and my mom's getting close to seventy.
Speaker 1: You have boost too, sisters.
Speaker 2: There's four of us. I'm the youngest and.
Speaker 1: You're the youngest, right, Okay, coming together now? Got it? Very strong, Maria and they very strong? Happy, Yes, Niver, fight come on, I swear. Really, Oh my god, I feel bad for the girl you end up with.
Speaker 2: It's tough to compare. But my dad's still gets upset she's gone for more than a day or two.
Speaker 1: Really, that's very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. I know it's getting rid of these days. So that's it's really cool to come from that.
Speaker 3: That seems like quite a fairy tale marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, it really is.
Speaker 4: Well, my parents are is probably more I wouldn't no, not no offense to you, but like more realistic in the sense they do fight obviously, but they always make up before bed. That's one of the big things.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they've been together for multiple years as well. I come from six siblings, so I think that was one of the biggest He is a glue that held our whole family to better. Is just having a lot of siblings.
Speaker 1: You guys grew up one of you in California. Yeah, I can't say it, abyss. How do you say it?
Speaker 2: San Louis obispo?
Speaker 1: You say's slow for sure, San Leuis obispo.
Speaker 2: Slow is a good abbreviation people, so.
Speaker 1: Slow, okay, And then Saint Louis Saint Louis right, Yeah, So I'm just picturing these marriages and these lives and these kids, and it all seems very wholesome and very small towns. I don't know that much about San Louis.
Speaker 2: It is like fifty thousand people, so it's smaller, but it's a college of town. There's a lot of stuff going on there still so of good mix of both.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just trying to If I say the Walton, do you won't even know what I'm talking about, right, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, the Walton.
Speaker 1: It was a show that I watched about this fan and they lived on a farm, and they would so wholesome and whatever. So you lived. It sounds to me like even though different states sort of similar worlds may be very country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it seems like it, you know, the country for me.
Speaker 1: Actually not very countryport or really not that way. Oh they're not okay, yeah, okay, yeah. And in these towns though, you guys, I'm picturing you dating a lot. I'm picturing you guys, neither one of you having a problem meeting girls.
Speaker 4: Well, it's you know, I wouldn't consider Saint Louis a small town, but right people like to consider it a big small town. Everybody knows everybody. The one question you asked when find out somebody's from Saint Louis is what high school did.
Speaker 3: You go to?
Speaker 4: Really, and then you can immediately gauge who they knew, where they came from, what realiation they usually are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's you. That's where I grew up.
Speaker 1: See, I didn't picture. I know, I wasn't really talking about Saint Louis. If you guys lived in very small like I say, I'm from Houston, I'm only from Sugarland, like there's it's just sort of small, like but Californ in Saint Louis so not small small but no.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The thing with the reason I'm on Farmer wants a Wife is because my mom grew up on a farm that's been our family for five generations about an hour and a half south of Saint Louis, and my grandfather still lives there, and I go down there and help them out where I can, and you know, ultimately want to.
Speaker 3: Live that lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 4: So she was in the city and met my dad on a Fourth of July party and then she stuck around.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So dating apps, tell me about your experience. How do you use them? What's your experience been.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to put it down into one word. Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tender and Bumble. We're definitely younger apps that I used, like high school, college and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And then I kind of moved just towards airing it down on the Hinge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I haven't had Hinge for like, you know and a half two years now, so why it just started to get ridiculous. You know, nobody was actually really on there to date. You know, it's just more of a let's go get a drink and hook up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so okay, interesting, but it was fun. Yeah, yeah, it sounds fun.
Speaker 2: And I've virtually never had any dating apps. I think, like when Tender first came out, like I don't know, ten years ago, I had it for like a week or two. Okay, but just not my style whatsoever. I just I think I'm really social. I love being out and like beating girls and like that's fun, like the experience of it or the thrill, you know, like walking up to a random girl at a bar like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have to tell you, I'm looking at you guys, and I'm picturing that I don't know who couldn't you go on Farmer Wants a White Like I would think that you're both overwhelmed with dates, like I can't imagine, like girls are just they must have gone crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is also on video, so you guys are going to see what I'm talking about. But I've never seen two more adorable boys and sweet with good families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, were very blessed. I think of the both of us, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I have a daughter. Okay, we'll talk after the show.
Speaker 3: To go on the show.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, she's not leaving me. She's not leaving New Jersey. Tell me a little bit about you know, getting on the show. Were you excited to meet all these women like you must have been a little intimidating all at once, real life women, real life dates. You know, we're you nervous?
Speaker 4: Yeah, extremely. We walked into this big great room where we had will just see the ladies for the first time.
Speaker 1: Were that it was everybody is everybody mid twenties, early thirties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to mine were yeah, yeah, kind of got to ask.
Speaker 2: That's what name you did?
Speaker 1: Well, because it's funny because I got I have a question for you guys a little bit. I was gonna ask a little bit later, but why not just jump right in? Have you ever dated older women?
Speaker 3: Yeah, couple within the same like year.
Speaker 1: That's not older within the same year.
Speaker 4: You just said, yeah, like I was ninety nine, so like usually within ninety nine, ninety eight, ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Got it. I'm meant older, like old or older. Now, I think maybe put that, you know what. I think maybe our producers wanted me to ask, just to like humiliate myself, like I'm not looking for a long time, very cute.
Speaker 2: But she's all specifically yeah, specifically, No, it's we're like four years.
Speaker 1: I think that does not count.
Speaker 2: You guys have never dated older?
Speaker 1: Okay, so all right, let's just talk also a little bit about the fact that you are farmers. And I'm thinking that it's that part of why it's you know, been hard to you know, maybe nail something down get because you're so busy with your farming.
Speaker 2: I would not say that for me. I can't speak for John, but I do live in somewhat of a smaller area and I did grow up and there's one high school there, and so when I was like early twenties at college, ten too, So there's like new girls moving into the area all the time, so like there's way more opportunities. But then now that I'm like thirty or almost thirty one, it's like, okay, well college girls are too young, yeah and so, and it's like, all right, who actually lives here and is like you know, so that starts to really narrow it down. And then you know, I either grew up with them already or dated them before my friend.
Speaker 1: Did, or so that's interesting. Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this opportunity came up, and it's like, well, you could meet someone from like my gals were from all over the country.
Speaker 1: So so do you are you looking also for someone who will be into the farming lifestyle whatever that is.
Speaker 4: So, I know, Matt and I talked about this a lot. We're not like the lifestyle, yes, but.
Speaker 1: What's the lifestyle in terms of like.
Speaker 3: Wyat yeah quiet.
Speaker 2: It was traditional so much aimed at the work. Like a lot of people on the show, we were focusing on like the farm work, ye, like the living, like living in the country, you know, raising my children in those types of areas, and like the big thing for us is like I really love all of our neighbors. Like all the other neighbors are families who farm and ranch and a really good people and so like, you know, the kids my nephews go to school, if like they're these neighbor kids that they all play with and it's like just such a good life.
Speaker 1: You know, you have like nine nieces and.
Speaker 2: Nephews and a god daughter and like twenty other kids that think I'm on their uncle.
Speaker 1: Do you like maybe you've got like some biological clock thing going on here, Like the kids thing is, yeah.
Speaker 4: I want kids pretty quick. Once I get married, it's going to be we're going to start rifleing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I want to, you know, kids, since I was really always wanted to be a dad.
Speaker 1: Really it's very cool. So you guys are just right for the picking. I'm okay, So anyway nice because I mean you both could be I don't know. I know again, I've got a son your age around your age, and he has zero interest. He's just having himself a good old time. He's not like thinking eventually, I know he wants that we'll enjoy.
Speaker 3: Why you got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say, like one thing. So up moved to Austin, Texas for.
Speaker 1: A bit I graduated from your tea, did you Okay.
Speaker 2: So you know what it's like there? Then yeah, But I moved there, and I I felt way younger all of a sudden, because there's a lot of people, like, you know, older than I am that are still single and like going out and there all stuff. So like, all of a sudden, thirty is like pretty young in that scene.
Speaker 1: Like thirty is really young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like comparatively so yeah yeah. And then but when I'm back home, it's like it's totally different. So really depending on where you live, too, like you feel it more.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, know, we my husband was thirty six when we met, and I was I guess I was like twenty nine, and but we were living in New York City, so that felt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, especially yeah in those places.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not So what is your favorite part about being an.
Speaker 2: Uncle, Matt? There's a lot lots of it, But I'm just happy to be so close with them. I feel like I've had a hand in raising all of them in a way, you know, and I know how much I mean to them, and so you know, like I did move away for a couple of years, and it's like I think The thing that really broke the straw for me moving home was my nephew Jack was like, I was like, Hey, how's there everything going back at home? He's like, it's really good, but there's just always a little something missing. And I was like, like, I think I want to move home.
Speaker 1: John, your five siblings, you got this kind of the same big family thing going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically most my oldest sibling and then my two closest younger ones are all out of the house New York, LA and in college. And then so the two younger ones are still in Saint Louis with me and the rest of the family, and they call me brother dad, oh my parents. You know, it's time's going on. I've taken a more lenient approach with the younger ones, and.
Speaker 1: You don't, and you're not having it.
Speaker 3: I'm not having it.
Speaker 1: Is that important to you that whoever you meet and eventually Mary also have really want to be part of a big family, not like an extended family. Did that come up on the show? Did you ask that question?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Family was definitely a big conversation, and.
Speaker 2: You can pretty quickly tell with with people, I think and talking to girls like how much they care about that or not.
Speaker 1: And does it matter if they came from a close family or no, No, as.
Speaker 2: Long as they're open to it a lot as they like, because I feel like I've met girls who didn't have a big family and then they like love that I do. Yeah, it's not that they came from that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what are some of your deal breakers? What were some of your deal breakers? Like, I mean, when you were making your list, was there anything that you're like and not this not interested in a woman who's high maintenance or I don't know, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just insecurity was a big thing for me because that translates to a lot of different stuff. So if they're insecure about themselves, it's usually just going to reflect very poorly relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine, I think is not something I could really like you could type down necessarily. But respect is like the biggest thing for me because so many I don't want to say girls and sounds nice, but like so many people these days just don't have a respect for each other in relationships. And whether that's like posting like an inappropriate photo of yourself online while you're with one, or just the way you speak to somebody in conversation or just how you, you know, conduct yourself out in the world of DTA girls in the past that are just like doing their own thing, and it's like society has changed a little bit, I think. So it feels normal, but it's just I think disrespectful. Honestly, if you're with someone like you should care about what how they feel and like what they want, and yeah, that's just a big thing lack in these days. I think.
Speaker 4: I think a big indicator of that if you take them to dinner and have them order their own food and drinks and stuff, and see how they treat the waiters and waitresses. It's usually a good indicator of how they respect others. There's people that treat poor media turn off or anything like that.
Speaker 3: Anybody.
Speaker 1: You're both perfect. I don't even know what to say. I feel so I cannot imagine being part of this group of was there fighting with these girls?
Speaker 2: Of course, So you put a bunch of women in this same house trying to date the same guy, of course there's going to be issues.
Speaker 1: I mean they're listening. There are other dating shows so that that obviously, and you see that happen.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of competition, but this one I always say I was super impressed with all the women the whole time for how they handled situations within each other and like how well they got along, like they all were friends too, and like some of them still are to this day. That was pretty cool because just like I said, like how they're if I'm you know, one of these girls is treating the other ones poorly in the house, it's like not a good sign.
Speaker 1: I love the I love that whole like waiter thing that is the biggest turnoff. Yeah, it's awful anybody in the service industry. I mean I was a waitress for years, but even I like, yeah, it's awful.
Speaker 4: Translates to the rest of your life. It's not just treating you know, people in service industry, and we have.
Speaker 2: Like you know, employees on the ranch and all kinds of different people come through there. So it's like some of the girls like funny story, like, uh, Mario's this guy we've had work on the ranch for twenty years and just read this quadrontle day whatever. But like some of the girls treated him so well, Like it was cool to see that. I'm like really like that, you know, like he works his butt off here and he means a lot to our family, and so they could have totally just you know, disregarded him, which some of them may have, but like, you know, a lot a few of them were like went out of their way to like.
Speaker 1: You know, you guys are both like you giggle at each other's stuff, and I have a feeling like there's so much behind the scenes, like I love to just be do you guys say, in the house together or so we were separated us.
Speaker 3: In California as in Missouri, so.
Speaker 2: You guys weren't interacting with all the time production teams. Yeah, but three different times throughout the filming we'd fly and meet each other with all the girls on us at the mutual place for a couple of days. Then we talk shopping.
Speaker 1: Got it. This particular podcast that you have come on today is we usually are talking to people who are divorced or who've been widowed, but but love the second timer around. You know, what do you think are sort of key elements in terms of making a marriage work? And hopefully you all will never be on this podcast for that reason it won't be your second time around, But do you have any inkling in terms of like what happens in marriages and why they sometimes go awry or what's necessary to have.
Speaker 2: I don't want to speak for anyone else. Obviously, I have not been married and not been through divorce, so you know, there's all kinds of different scenarios and reasons, and I'm no person to judge whatsoever based on that. I've dated a girl in the past that was divorced and she was amazing, so no fault to that. But I think goes back to what I said about just respect and people to me these days are so self centered and like what they want and what they're looking for that you know, really you should be thinking like how can I be a better partner to the person that I'm with? You're killing me And that all gets.
Speaker 1: Back you're killing me both of you.
Speaker 2: That all goes back to God. I think if you have eleven ors for God, then you too will put each other better.
Speaker 1: Amazing. You can't top that, but go ahead and try.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I'll try.
Speaker 4: But I agree with him in the beginning where he said everybody's situations are different, so no judgment whatsoever. And I have no personal experience with a marriage.
Speaker 3: I've never been married.
Speaker 4: But the way I see my parents do. It is obviously they always make up before bed, and then they both going into the marriage realized and still realize that it's a partnership. You know, it's not one person.
Speaker 3: Being there. I don't know where I'm going with that.
Speaker 1: No, I know what you're saying. It goes back to respect and to right.
Speaker 3: You're one person. Yeah, you're just not two separate people together. It's like it's one person.
Speaker 4: Sorry, buy us a sacrifice where the other falls short and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Right, right, So I'm sorry, but we're going to have to be a little more salacious. Now, guys, what can you tell me? What can't you tell me? Are you allowed to tell me there are any spoilers?
Speaker 3: Why don't you just ask the question somebody?
Speaker 2: Now we can't say, right exactly, we're going to ask question, why are you even ask? Okay?
Speaker 1: Were there were you guys? As hard was it? Did it come down to like their two girls that it came down to or three girls?
Speaker 3: And it was tough?
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: At the beginning when we met all eight, it was a little easier, especially because you only got to spend ten minutes with the person, right, But then as time went on, you started to build these, you know, stronger relationships with each and every girl. It started to get really tough, especially at the end when it was down to like three and two and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like you when I say, is there, are you happy with how it all wrapped up? You are? You both met someone I'm guessing I said, yeah, that's it because we never had friends before. About yourselves, guys going through the experience, let me.
Speaker 2: Think about that. One The hardest thing I already knew this about myself was but I don't really like getting into like talking about my feelings, you know, especially on TV. That was really hard because you're like daily they're like prying, like what what do you really feel about this girl? That was difficult for me to do.
Speaker 1: Do you come from a family where people where you guys talk about feelings a lot or is it just.
Speaker 2: So much right now? Not really like ever my family about a feeling. My family is like loving, but we don't like get too much or anything like that. So, yeah, that was difficult for me.
Speaker 1: You guys affectionate, Yeah, yeah, interesting ways, but I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like fighting all the time.
Speaker 2: Each other? Okay, yeah, I love.
Speaker 3: You, but I want.
Speaker 4: My dad told me, you know, he's been looking at all these pictures his way of complimenting me, as he says, he wants to slap the.
Speaker 2: Ship out of you. That's what my family. Families are both like that. We would never say.
Speaker 1: Anything like just like gross, like like you're just I can just imagine, like my family, if someone did this, we would just tear that person's shreds.
Speaker 3: NonStop.
Speaker 1: I love that though, But you.
Speaker 3: Know what keep it coming comming.
Speaker 1: So wait, so did you learn anything about yourself?
Speaker 4: I guess I learned more what I really wanted, you know, going into the show, like I said, we have those preferences and everything, but going through it and having to talk about it every single day from dawn till dusk, you kind of have a more narrow sense of what you actually are looking.
Speaker 1: For, what stood out the most, So by the end of it, like what what made sense that maybe didn't before, Like I really want to like in terms of when you got close to finding that that one woman, this is what I like. I didn't even realize I liked it, but this is so important to me or anything.
Speaker 4: I think it just goes back to what I said earlier about just being able to get along with somebody. Yeah, you know, you come in with all these high expectations, but in the end, you know, if you guys can't really get along, it's not really going to work out. So, you know, especially if you're going to get married, you're going to be spending a lot of time with each other.
Speaker 3: So there's true plenty of things to learn, that's true.
Speaker 4: Used to so as long as you guys get along right off the bat, right, it's usually okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine, mine. I've been thinking about how to describe this for years, but mine is just such like this mental thing, like I feel like I can almost just like look at someone and know, like are we thinking the same thing right now? You know, And it's like this like I don't know how you put that into words or describe that, but like this connection And I've really hardly ever felt that with girls, you know, yeah, throughout my life maybe a couple of times, you know, And.
Speaker 1: So like, yeah, did you get to feel that on the show.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's certainly possible, okay, but trying, but yeah, it's like I've dated girls that I thought I really liked before and then like as time has gone on, I'm like, wait, maybe like that it is not really there as much as I thought.
Speaker 1: You know, yep, did you have a specific physical type like in your past? Did you always gravitate towards a specific physical type or no? Yes?
Speaker 2: No, generally yes, but I'm not like, oh, I only like are only like that's like that's not so much that, it's more of like careful, be careful.
Speaker 3: Lying here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I'm really into my health and like fitness, and obviously.
Speaker 1: You like thin girls. Yes, yeah, okay, that's no, you didn't.
Speaker 2: Just someone that's like that's important to me. It's like my health and coolness, and I want someone that aligns with that.
Speaker 4: So yeah, somebody who's confident in themselves too. Yeah, it's mate, it's massive.
Speaker 2: I'm a sucker for a girl that's like really stylish and trendy. Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I love that? Yeah are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Of course?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the stylish thing, the fit thing. You got to give me something over here? What else physically?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not going to get myself trouble.
Speaker 4: You want to talk about hair color, I'll say hair color, okay, okay, we'll give you that.
Speaker 3: I think I gravitate more towards.
Speaker 1: Blondes responds, Okay, fifty to fifty on that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm not going to say, but that's just based short's.
Speaker 1: All right, whatever, you guys are impossible.
Speaker 3: You're smart.
Speaker 1: You guys, you are smart guys. You're gonna get all these are gonna have to watch to find out what it is it turns you want. So before I let you guys go, I have a question that sort of goes back to what we were talking about in at the beginning here, but so on the show, I would think that the women have to be a little more forward, don't They have sort of come to you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Do you think that that's something that you like when a woman makes the first move.
Speaker 4: I guess it depends on where and how they do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's different.
Speaker 1: Doesn't really bother me, No, but that's sort of how it worked, right, Definitely.
Speaker 4: Would I rather have it that way? No, But it's not like it's a turnoff or anything.
Speaker 2: I think it's It's really hard. That's hard to answer, is that it depends on how it's a situation a situation answer, it depends in the past, had a girl like approached me, but then just did it so well like that I was still into it, you know, versus you could do it and be like way over the top and like hi, like hey around and all that stuff and they're like, oh okay, this is a lot. But I've had it too where a girl just like has says some smart remark to me that walks away and I'm like, oh okay, hell.
Speaker 4: I don't recommend it for a girl though, because a guy doesn't put in as much effort to impress them.
Speaker 1: Guys. I appreciate this. I agree, I could guys don't do that much anymore because they you know what. I think that that just is true, and it's not true for everybody, and it's not an absolute, but I think that in terms of my experience, I think that men do tend to want to take the lead right and sort of again want what they think that they can't have. And yeah, there's all this hunter gatherer philosophy behind it all, right, like a hunters win are gatherers.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, a lot of guys I don't think they're doing that as much these days.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're not making the first move, well they are.
Speaker 4: But they'll like an Instagram story and yeah, they you know, really.
Speaker 2: I remember my brothers he's twelve years older than me, but all his buddies when they'd go out and they'd be talking like, oh, I went up to this girl to night or I said this, and like then now, I like compare that to like my friends or even younger guys, and I'm like, they're not really doing that at all, hardly.
Speaker 1: This is such a big conversation and I have so much and you guys are going to have to come back because I think that what you're saying right now is fascinating and I feel like young men today, it's a really big problem that they are swiping, swiping, swiping. I think there's a lot of problems with self esteem in that. I think that it is has created a scenario where you know, you have to go out, you have to it has to be face to face, you got to get rejected, you got to make good decisions, you got to make bad decisions. All of that I think is so important. And when you're you know, in the basement, swiping, swiping, it's it's just it's yeah, I think it is a huge problem, but not our problem. Today. We will be watching than John, Thank you, Thank you, guys. So much. Are you ready to get back out there and date again. Having a hard time getting started and need some guidance. Our team is here to help. Call us or email us, follow us on socials. All the information will be in the show notes. Make sure to rate and review the podcast. I Do Part two an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.