Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: We're in for the great DP What's Up and Rich in for Dan Patrick. No hat trick though, just today, just today. We're not here the next two days, so.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it. We won't be here tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll be on our regular time slot five to seven on the East two to four out here on the West side. Coveno and Rich everything at Covino and Rich shout out to everybody on the iHeartRadio app and all the affiliates What's Up affiliates, Thank you guys for hanging out with us. We're giving away prizes later today, so stick around for that. And of course we'll be talking NFL Draft. Yeah, I want to talk to some draft next. But show Hey, oh Toney, as Trump calls him, I love that.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 2: Hey is famous for having a dog decoy decoy. I mean, he's also for the team. He's also famous for being fifty to fifty and one of the best players of all time. But the people love that show. Hey was a dog guy. That's the difference between him and you. I can't even say me and you because I'm not necessarily a dog guy. I'm sort of turning into a dog guy. Point is, his dog is thrown out the first pitch. His dog has been part of Bobbleheads. And I said to you in passing yesterday, and you got all worked up because I said, well, now that Otani has a kid, he has a beautiful daughter, congratulations to show hey and his wife he posted pictures of her little baby feet. Yeah, I said, well, dog's taking a back seat. And you insinuated that real dog lovers don't. And I'm like, no, no, no, the minute you have a kid, the biggest dog lover goes from treating their dog like a child to treat your dog. No, no, no, you did that because you're not a real dog person. You did that. And I don't blame you for doing that because kids take a priority. But real dog people they just make it one big happy thing and they include the dog because they don't stop loving their dog the way you did.
Speaker 3: That's really it.
Speaker 2: You don't stop loving your dog. It just prior already's kick in and you're like, yeah, I got a real human now. Oh so this living thing is just sitting there like oh, looking at you like yeah, I used to look Jimmy, my pampered dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah what from toy story? He just dance a living, breathing dog.
Speaker 2: But my dog's not in the in the yard and like a doghouse on a chain like an eighties cartoon.
Speaker 3: My dog, My dog is pampered.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, no, you're you speak of a guy who's not a dog person. I agree with you, and you're entitled to act and feel however you want, but you're speaking on behalf of everybody. Is if everybody agrees with you, and I'm saying no, they don't. I kind of agree with you, but I'm I promise you, real dog people do not feel the way you feel if you put your dog in a stroller. Okay, that's that's a little that's kind of like my line. Yeah, that's absurd. If you call your dog your child, well that's yeah, that's also a little absurd when you do these things.
Speaker 3: But it's my third baby.
Speaker 2: Give me a break. When you have children, you still love your dog. I just think it's funny that show. Hey now has a show hay oh, Tony now has a dog he loves and dog just not as much Alison in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: What's up, Allison?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I have.
Speaker 5: To tell you you are absolutely right. I don't know which one it was that you know, put his dog to the side after his daughter, but I will guys that you're absolute Well that's sad.
Speaker 3: I feel sorry for your dog.
Speaker 2: Turned down your ready, Elison, let's hear what you gotta say, turn down your ready. Feel sad for your little dog Waffles.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, guys, real dog lovers, they just incorporate him as part of the family. I've had so many dogs, and let me tell you do the statistics dog people live longer and they're also happier. So you just incorporated. I know that Decoy is just going to be part of the family. My baby is.
Speaker 3: Did you tell do you call your dog your baby?
Speaker 5: I do, but he doesn't stroller right, dog.
Speaker 3: Is also your pet's not your baby part of my family?
Speaker 4: And one other fact, yeah, statistically their help with children, I agree.
Speaker 3: So she actually agrees with me. Thank you, Alice. I'm just keeping it real. I have a dog, my kids, My dog every.
Speaker 2: Day different like I had two chihuahuas, right, yeah, I I sort of and regretfully I'm not proud of this. Put them aside when I had my daughter, okay, because I wasn't really that into them, but I cared about him. This dog I have raised since it's a puppy, and I feel different about it. Of Course I'm gonna make if I ever had another kid, my kid's gonna be priority. My daughter now is priority. But I still don't think that I would treat this dog the way I treat the other dogs because I'm more of a dog guy now because I kind of get it, and this dog's more aware and more of my pal and he's he just seems more alerting with it. I wouldn't toss him aside like he doesn't matter anymore. That's just sad. Jim in Ohio, you're on with Coveno Wretch. What's up, Jim?
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Man? How you doing what?
Speaker 6: I love the show, love every time you guys come on during the daytime when I'm at work. But yeah, you're still my five to seventh flot here on the East Coast.
Speaker 3: Thanks brother.
Speaker 6: So I will tell you guys this, and believe me, I'm fifty seven, I'm a grandfather, and I have a puppy head And again I still call her my puppy. She's nine, and I know how to protect them from my grandchildren. But priority in this house is my wife, my puppy, my grandbabies, and then my kids.
Speaker 2: Wait and by the way, let me let me prove that people's love for animals and pets it is a little absurd. If they switched out decoy the mascot at Dodger Stadium for the baby, it wouldn't get as much cheers.
Speaker 3: People love the dog, people want the dog.
Speaker 2: People dog people love animals, and I think they throw show Hayes babies feet up on the screen, you're gonna get the same response. They're not the I think that alone is proof in my pudding. I'm just giving you what I think is the reality. But people love their pets, and the exhibit A. There's athletes that have been accused of murder and people are like.
Speaker 3: I'm still root for him.
Speaker 2: Michael Vick like spent the last decades trying to repair his image for hurting dogs. So so you know, and you forgive Michael Vick because you're a reasonable guy. What makes you think that the way you feel is the way all animal and dog lovers feel. That's what I'm saying that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying I don't think everybody feels like you where they toss their dog aside because they have a kid.
Speaker 3: That's what you said. You said he hates his dog. Now show he hates his dog?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Who cares about decoy? So your thoughts.
Speaker 2: We love the feedback and phone calls at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, but we have to move on and move forward. We'll still take your calls, but hit us up at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: Hashtag Covino is right. Hashtag show Hayes.
Speaker 2: Dog hashtagtag Rich as a muso. I want to talk to NFL Draft because she said, uh, you know, Dan Patrick's headed there to Green Bay. Angle one of this. I want to talk about what in your lifetime. Let's pick a round number eight Eight's kind of round. It's got nice curves. Zero eight eight got you going, Yeah. So I don't want to say I want to say nineteen eighty. I want to say nineteen eighty relatively the last like forty five years. You want to go nineteen seventy five, fifty years ago? Say modern history? All right, then the modern times, flying man. Yeah, let's just say in the last fifty years round number nineteen seventy five to twenty twenty five. Okay, last fifty years.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, when you say the seventies, does everyone else still still think thirty years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Everybody does. Oh thirty years ago, you mean like nineteen seventy seven. Nope. What in the.
Speaker 2: World of sports and entertainment has gotten the biggest? As the kids say, glow up, what's gotten the biggest?
Speaker 3: Glow up?
Speaker 2: And I say that because when we get ready for the NFL Draft. If you remember watching the documentary the thirty for thirty from Lway to Marina, about two of the greatest quarterbacks early eighties, the footage they show from the NFL Draft, I talk him like, and this is not even the beginning days of it.
Speaker 3: This is the eighties. It's a bunch of dudes.
Speaker 2: I picture dude smoking cigarettes in a wood paneled room.
Speaker 3: Looks like a little League with beige phones with chords on. I'm telling you, my little league had the same sort of draft vibe. I felt like the draft this year it's a bank guy smoking cigars talking about people you didn't know.
Speaker 2: This year it's in Green Bay. I feel like in the eighties it was in a VFW hall. I feel like the NFL draft went from the most low budget looking, like I said, owners and gms just sort of sitting around. They had like a batphone with like a beige phone with a cord and the red button eye. Yeah, and now hundreds of thousands of people flocked to a city. Oh, it's a seed, it's televised, there's fireworks, there's celebrity presenters, oceans of peat, there's someone in the back on the spot printing out jerseys for the players to hold up.
Speaker 3: It's an operation.
Speaker 2: There's a graphics package, it's a whole celebration.
Speaker 8: Last year in Detroit, an estimated almost eight hundred thousand people over the three days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's insane, Danny. There's someone on hand.
Speaker 2: As of last year, Remember we talked about how there's now people doing AI of what that person looks like in the new on the new team. This guy's drafted within two seconds. Their AI digital team has mock up, so what this guy looks like running in the new uniform. So we went from guys smoking cigars in a beige VFW hall with wood panels to a spectacle where almost a million people flock.
Speaker 3: To a city.
Speaker 2: I think the NFL draft used to take place in your grandparents' basement.
Speaker 3: Next to that, next to that thing that used to shake their waist. Yeah, I love that wood panel going on. I think it was your grandpa's house.
Speaker 2: So I got to asked, what else in our life has had the glow up at the same level as the NFL Draft? And I have two other things that come to mind, and I want you guys to answer the list number two and listen, we're fresh off of it. In fact, you saw Paul Hayman talk about Shannon Sharp on Pat McAfee show. You see that the impact WrestleMania left hind over the last couple of days WrestleMania and wrestling went from your grandfather talking about.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know Bruno che Martino.
Speaker 2: It was a bunch of Harry chested European guys grappling.
Speaker 3: Such a low budget opposition.
Speaker 2: We got a bunch of fat guys and singlets with Harry Uppermantha, let's get one guy from east each of European country and be like, oh, I'vian Putski. He's the Polish guy Bruno Sammartino, he's the Italian guy.
Speaker 3: And it was just a bunch of I forget the baby oil.
Speaker 2: It was a bunch of grappling, middle aged, moderately in shaped guys. It was such a lowly, dimlt low budget operation. Like think of how like glom it looked when you were watching those videos as a kid in the eighties and before looked, and the only excitement was maybe a George the Animal still eating a turn buckle. That was, but that was. But I'm saying it was so low budget once the eighties hit. I recently saw a clip of the Hulkster, who we've had on the Show of the Years. Hulk tells the story brother brother of how he paid off the sound guy at one of the arenas, threw him a few hondo and said, yo, play I have the Tiger when I come out, and he played I the Tiger.
Speaker 3: Crowd went nuts. Soon after, I have a question for you.
Speaker 2: Wrestling said, oh, theme songs, and then Hogan took that real American song that was you know huge did the Eye of the Tiger as a saying right the eye of the Tiger. He hit me with a exist or did Rocky Balboa. Did Sylvester Stallone write that and it became a thing? Or did Survivor come up with it? Was that always a saying? Or is that something that Stallone invented?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: And then Apollo says, you lost the Eye of the Tiger a good one. So you're asking in the sports world, like in the seventeen first like did Terry Bradshaw say, like, man the eye of the Tiger? Like was that a Was that a thing an expression prior to the movie or did the movie make the expression? The movie absolutely popularized the expression. Oh it's like Dartha. Kavino and I have had an argument about another one of these. I said the movie American Pie gave us the word milf, and Kavino's like, no, that existed.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't think it did.
Speaker 2: Me and my friends from Union, New Jersey used to say milf when we were in junior high.
Speaker 3: You didn't we did. You should have sawd my friend's mom. We used to say it all the sudden stop it.
Speaker 8: Maybe it wasn't so mainstream rich, but I think it was a round prior to that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we used to say Barry's mom has got it right now, yeah all the time. So what has gotten the glow up at the same level as wrestling and the NFL Draft If you can think of anything else in society, movie, sports, entertainment, TV, you something in society that you were like, yo, that got a glow.
Speaker 3: Let's make it.
Speaker 2: Clear too about wrestling, since we just passed the WrestleMania weekend. Just the graphics alone when there walking out in the spectacle of it. Forget about the fans. How many fans are there, like seventy thousand fans anday yeah each day like again, oceans of people like packed like sardines, people going wild. But just like the overall production, that's the word I'm looking for, right, The production value event is just it's it's better than the super Bowl Day one. I watched it with the weekend, like a lot of people. I think the first match to one of the wrestlers, Jay Uso, his entrance was as long as like a Tyson Fury twenty minute intro, like getting the ring for God's sake. The most majestic entrance we had growing up was mister Perfect's music that's about and he just walked down, you know, throwing a towel and it was it Now it's the laser light Show. It's insane. It just looks so big. It looks like a really big, well produced event. However, are you're right? It's got a glow up. However, speaking of mister Perfect, every guy spits out his gum and hits it with his hand because of mister Perfect. I mean, only the cool guys do that.
Speaker 3: Rich, I have one that is a major production.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: Just used to be a a little convention for nerds, but Comic Con now the largest comics, sci fi fantasy event in the whole world.
Speaker 3: Comic Con went.
Speaker 2: From nerdfest to a global phenomenon where people need to buy tickets the flights to San Diego and New.
Speaker 3: York Comic Con.
Speaker 2: Comic Con took on a life of its own panel shows where celebrities come in and talk to the fans.
Speaker 3: You guys know about SoCon Don't.
Speaker 2: No not fall fear No Nope, SoCon No, no, no No.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together. We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: We talk about everything, life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well, other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 3: So check us out.
Speaker 2: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern, two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covino on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media.
Speaker 3: That's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 2: Hey Rich, you ever call one nine hundred mixed a lot just to kick your nasty thoughts or.
Speaker 3: No, I've done it. I've done it.
Speaker 2: You know I got some nasty thoughts. Maybe I'll call later and kick it. Covino and Rich. I mean you are the guy that's tried to find ass mountain for spring break.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: On a serious though. Is it one eight hundred mix a lot or one nine hundre mix a lot? Yeah, well, I gotta kick some nasty thoughts. You ever do you ever have that one terrible friend as a child that when the moms and dads weren't home, they would use the home phone to call dirty phone numbers. There's an evolution for you. You used to have to call love lines. Now you can just cheue up the hub. But honestly, like there was always that one jerky like what are you doing on my phone? And your your buddy would be using your home phone to call certain numbers like my parents are gonna kill me?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Exactly?
Speaker 2: We are talking evolutions, and that is part of it. Our buddy Wes hit us up and said, what about your your conventions, the Covino and Rich conventions, the CRC, and this is just my way of promoting that we have a party coming up. We have a huge party and everybody listening right now. This is your invite June twentieth, twenty first and twenty second in Vegas. We're doing live broadcasts. We have people coming, friends, family, romans, country dream in. Everybody's coming, So book your flight to Vegas June twentieth, twenty first and twenty second, three day party and details are coming soon, Andy, coming soon, So follow us at Cobeine Orrish. But our very first get together as a radio show, yeah, it was like forty dudes in a folding table, you know, a few people. Now it's a big event. Now it's a big event.
Speaker 3: So women there now, Yeah, yeah, hot women parties, not just dudes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, a great place to kick your nasty thoughts, that right, Las Vegas, June twentieth to the twenty second. All right, now, let's move on to the NFL Draft, which, by the way, is the ultimate evolution. That's why we got here in the first place. It's just a major, major event. Here's where you are honest, here's where you are truthful. What NFL draft move or hey, I'll open it up to NBA. We don't need to just do the NFL draft.
Speaker 3: Or a trade. I'll be honest.
Speaker 2: You could throw even a trader an acquisition by your team, but the draft is two days away. What was your biggest miss as a.
Speaker 3: Fan, fights Josh Rosen.
Speaker 2: I really bought into the fact that he was hyped about proving everybody wrong.
Speaker 3: You gonna show everyone.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm joking, but I did believe in his conviction, like he had some sort of chip on his shoulder and something to prove, Like, yeah, everyone who passed on me, I'll show you guys. I was like, yeah, go get him, show him, show me you're a Tiger, showhim you could do.
Speaker 3: Get him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's wrong about that? You were acause that fuel fires me. I was like, you know what, they passed on this dude and he's out there public like that. Yeah, maybe he will be something and prove everybody wrong. Now to know our show, you know that, I Rich Davis, big forty nine ers fan. There's video if you scroll back far enough on our social media where when the forty nine ers drafted Trey Lance. I was the guy that and I was like, yeah, that's the future. By Lance jumped out of his seat onto a seat like Tom Cruise on Oprah. He was standing up. I was jumping on Oprah's couch essentially. He was so pumped about it. Why do I have this visual? Was it on air? I did it on I was streaming like Instagram Live or something, and then we posted it.
Speaker 3: I for sure remember the moment. I mean, I'm with Rich all.
Speaker 2: The time, so I remember the thinking a couple and didn't want Mac Jones.
Speaker 3: I remember how I was.
Speaker 2: I was in Texas at my wife's family's house and I was watching Draft night with some friends. Whoooo and jumped out of his socks. He was so pumped about Trey Lance.
Speaker 3: I remember.
Speaker 2: And by the way, he's not a complete and total I mean he wrote him off completely. I mean, what have you seen that I have?
Speaker 3: I know, I know that I'm saying, but do you think that he really is?
Speaker 2: Like he'll never be backup quarterback for the Cowboys last I checked, and hasn't really got much playing time and.
Speaker 3: Was a number three overall pick. That's a definition of a bust. And you guys gave up the house to go up and get them here.
Speaker 2: I remember thinking, oh, you know, I really don't want Mac Jones, and now the forty nine ers coincidentally have Mac Jones as their backup. But I remember thinking, come on, no Mac Jones. Yeah, Trey Lance, come on. I was I was sold on the athleticism, and I know there was not much tape of him, he only played a year, but I was convinced that the forty nine ers with Trey Lance, had their guy. They had their Lamar Jackson, they had their Ma Homes. I was like, he's gonna do it.
Speaker 8: The forty nine ers traded three first round draft picks twenty twenty one, twenty two, and twenty three, and a third round pick twenty two.
Speaker 2: And the only reason the Niners don't get more crap for that is that in that same draft, mister irrelevant, the last throwaway pick that no one cared about, just happened to be a guy that's about to get paid fifty million dollars a year, Brock Purty.
Speaker 3: So you could argue it was a push if you.
Speaker 2: Got Brock Purdy with the last pick and you wasted your pick on on Trey Lance. That's the only reason why no one is harder on the forty nine ers. They salvaged it with it with Brock party somehow. But I was way wrong with Trey Lance. And I love the videos that float around this time of year, Danny, where you see a bunch of Buffalo Bills fans.
Speaker 3: Like Josh Allen, Oh he's gonna stink.
Speaker 2: And you know videos of mel Kiper and other people saying things like oh, mahomes, he won't translate to the NFL. This is a time where people infamously say dumb stuff and I love it. So let's chop it up. That means that's getting involved. I mean calling now be dying. I remember as a Syracuse fan because that's where I went to college, East Coast, what's up. I remember watching Donovan McNabb play and really loving d nap. When the Eagles drafted Donovan McNabb and by the way, you could see our interview with Donovan. I know it was a couple months ago at the Super Bowl, but we did have some good old school Syracuse memories. That's on the Fox Sports Radio YouTube page. But Donovan McNab was drafted by the Eagles. The Eagles the fan base were crying in their ass soup. They were in their campbells and there campbells.
Speaker 7: They were.
Speaker 3: Like really mad.
Speaker 2: About Donovan McNabb and I mean he didn't win a Super Bowl, but he was a Pro Bowl, top level quarterback for them, but they did not want McNabb. I remember them booing the pick of d dab What were you the most wrong about Danny? He beloved h Danny. You're a Raiders fan. Has there been a Raiders pick? Where were you? Like, JaMarcus Russell?
Speaker 3: That's my guy?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What was your guy? Yeah? You nailed it right there, Lsu. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean we watched him play college ball at a high level. And then there are all the stories about he throws eighty yards on his knees from his knees or whatever, and so dude had a cannon, but he just didn't have what it took, you know, between the ears, it turns out, and had some bad habits and was lazy, and there's all those crazy stories out there now about you know what happened with him in his time in Oakland. But I was a season ticket holder at the time. I had to suffer through the bad play and he would he would literally throw an interception, put his head down like Napoleon Dynamite and run off the field. Oh and it was just interception after interception. It was hard to watch. But yeah, when he was drafted, I'm not the only one that thought, oh man, this dude's gonna light up the NFL because he did have a strong arm.
Speaker 3: Not everybody's game translates to the pros.
Speaker 2: I think he might be the best example, though, Kulvino, of someone with just such talent that most I don't think most people would have ever thought that Jamarcars Russell would have been that much of a bus Like maybe it wouldn't have worked out perfectly, but I mean that might have been the best example of like, wow, shocking how it didn't even work out a little bit. Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox we just talked about the evolution of the the NFL draft and what a spectacle, what an event it is. So now we're talking about the biggest busts and I throw Sally Scuds into the conversation. Danny, I'm another one from your childhood being that you're a Raiders fan. Will you a believer in Todd Marinovitch.
Speaker 8: That's one of my childhood memories, actually going to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to watch the Los Angeles Raiders. Yeah, and you know it was it was guys like oh Man. Back then, Vince Evans was at quarterback and he could run the ball. He was an older QB. He was fun to watch, but the Raiders stunk at the time. That was right before they moved back to Oakland. And yeah, I'll never forget this guy, Todd Morenovitch's first game. I was there as a little kid, and this guy was holding up this big sign that said Todd, You're the future and he was screaming at Todd.
Speaker 3: You stream Todd.
Speaker 2: That's the beauty of this day and the belief and that clean slate of there's promise and you know, unfortunately doesn't always work out. And that's what we're getting at. So let's go to the phones eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. You want to talk to Well, this doesn't necessarily need to be like I said, NFL draft. It could be a player that your team got. It could be a guy that came up your minor league system.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Brian Taylor, like he was a first round draft pick for the Yankees that everyone he got a bar fighter, had such high hopes on injury, Yeah, took him off and he never was. He was like the highest talented pitcher I think ever, they say the greatest high school pitcher of all time. Before before every team had a guy that threw one hundred. Brian Taylor was a baseball card. I remember getting like, I was like, you got to get to the stadium club Brian Taylor, because Brian Taylor was the Yankee prospect that was like, he throws over a hundred. Yeah, and he's gonna be the future, the high school legend. Like people said, the greatest they'd ever seen. He was the number one draft pick for the Yankees. Timestamp. I just looked him up. He's fifty three now, so that's still the name that comes to mind, and he's fifty three.
Speaker 3: Let me let me throw two more at you.
Speaker 2: Once a baseball player that came up my team system that I thought was gonna be a twenty year staple and another NFL prospect gone wrong. I remember I was a young boy and I'm a big Montana guy like Joe Montana was my hero.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you'd be Hannah Montana guy. I do like Miley.
Speaker 2: I remember there was a quarterback that also came out of Notre Dame and everyone was like, he's just like Montana. You'll see, Oh, is it a Vince Vaughan from Rudy No, it was it was actually Rudy.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: There was a guy that came out of Notre Dame Seattle Seahawks, and I remember thinking, Yo, this guy's gonna be legit Rick Meyer. I thought he was gonna be the next like, yeah, cool young quarterback in football that did not work out, and as far as baseball goes, as a Mets fan, he had a couple moments, so I can't say he did nothing, but I'm shocked how Noah Cinderguard was like grand opening, grand closing. Now you would think I would say Matt Harvey, but but Cinderguard, to me, he never if you look at his stats, he never even had like a fifteen to twenty year win season. Like Cindergard had a couple of moments where because the Mets had a playoff run, tall, handsome, blonde guy, they called him four. I remember thinking cinder Guard was gonna be the ace of the Mets rotation for like the next decade plus, and you know, it lasted like a couple of years and then he bounced around three or four teams and now he's not.
Speaker 3: He's out sad. All the promise in the world right now.
Speaker 2: Be sure to tune in to Fox Sports Radios Draft Night Live, which is Thursday, as you said, two days from now, eight pm Eastern through the first round of the Draft. Insider Jay Glazer, former Jets GM Joe Douglas, College.
Speaker 3: Hall of Famer, our very own LaVar Arrington.
Speaker 2: And Fox Sports lead college football reporter Jenny Taft are gonna have all thirty two picks, predictions and reactions. That's Thursday, eight pm Eastern, first Round to the Draft live here on Fox Sports Radio, and there'll be a live simulcast on the Fox Sports Radio YouTube pitche.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w APP.
Speaker 2: We're normally on from five to seven on the East Covino and Rich, but always a pleasure to be in for Dan Patrick. Just for today though, so back at our normal time tomorrow where we do midweek major every Wednesday, the biggest stories in world the sports and pop culture. So join us five to seven on the East, two to four out here on the West. I'm Cavino, that is rich.
Speaker 3: We were talking about aj Brown, how he got his car stolen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he warned the guy, hey, turn it in now, it'll be okay, please end it up. Getting the guys got his car back. And we're talking about the most annoying things that you ever got stolen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was talking about how my brother's friends stole all my baseball cards when I was in college.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta get him back. You lost your favorite guitar after you get divorced. Yeah, sucked. Big Mike who runs his place? Yeah? Who? They guy right here? Hey, Big Mike, Hey Mike. Hello, he turned Mike's Mike on. Mike needs a Mike. Mike needs a Mike. Mike's Mike. That's you, Mark. Mark Ramsey's working on it, working on it, like turn the on button, Mike.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, well anyway, he's here, though, I promise. Mike was telling us a story about how this is the best stolen story ever.
Speaker 3: His buddy got his car stolen. Okay, all right, what's up? Everybody's proof that he doesn't run this place? Right?
Speaker 2: Try someone trying to hold you down, Mike, right, come on, Mark, someone stole your buddy's car.
Speaker 7: They found it months later and what happened? So it was a cheap beater. He bought it cheap. It was a seventy eight two eighty Z had plans, man, he had plans for this ride and it got stolen. He was devastated. Three months later, the cops find it, say it seems drivable. Turns out they had tricked his car out. Bro his ride was sweet to fixed it up and everything he was planning it tinted the windows, new stereo, new seats like.
Speaker 3: Thank you, faith the whole thing, thank you exhibit. It was beautiful. Did the police charge him money the upgrades.
Speaker 2: Telling somebody pimped his ride, no doubt. Well, hey, it's time for a little game time. How about Shack Diesel trivia.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Whenever we say not to name drop, that means we're about to name drop.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Not only our CNR friends with Tyson and mahomes hey man, they're also buddies with the Big Aristota.
Speaker 9: Shot aka shat Fool aka shot Daddy. Okay, the Big Aristotle. Guess what it's, don wan seeing our product.
Speaker 1: Time for some basketball trivia?
Speaker 3: Basketball trivia? What he said, it's the Great frag Boys.
Speaker 9: Now breaking records for Refisol Radio.
Speaker 8: Shack d SO So Basketball Trivia, FSR Security, walking our brooke Shack food into the main studio.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Shack. We we appreciate you waking up early this morning.
Speaker 9: Love Shack Babby, Love Shack Baby.
Speaker 8: Last night on the set, we all saw you have to run off unplanned to use the restroom because you're drinking too much olive oil.
Speaker 9: Too much olive oil didn't agree with me. It's hurt, supposed to clean you out or something. Yeah, I think it happened. You want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: You're a big guy. You feel bad for that bathroom.
Speaker 9: You want to hear the details.
Speaker 3: All right, let's meet the contestants.
Speaker 8: Ten time winner Rich Davis right over there and go, four time winner Spotty Boy.
Speaker 3: Now let's make a big number. Five big five. It's not a big number.
Speaker 8: But leader in the clubhouse is thirteen time winner Dan Byer. But dv's going to be in this afternoon, so sitting in for him again is one time winner Big Mike, who doesn't run this place. He was the winner last Tuesday when we were filling in.
Speaker 9: For I thought I recognized this guy. Literally, I thought it was Bruce Willis. Was like, what happened to Bruce Willis?
Speaker 3: And uh?
Speaker 8: Looking to win a seeing our stainless steel swiggy on our studio lines. All right, big Mike, I'll use you for this. Would you love to travel to beautiful Charleston, South Carolina, Las Vegas, Nevada, Whittier, California, or Indianapolis, Indiana?
Speaker 3: Uh? You know what I'm going to Charleston. Let's go nice, all right, Charleston. That is Todd. Hey, Todd's up?
Speaker 1: Todd?
Speaker 3: Tod, say, what's up to Brokes Shack? There was up?
Speaker 9: How do you like my yellow glasses? I've been rocking these yellow glasses?
Speaker 3: Do you like these? Fantastic? Thank you? Todd? Speechless Todd? What do you do for a living? There? Really quick in Charleston.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I work in parking software.
Speaker 3: So like to texta pay barking? Oh nice? All right, well let's get into that.
Speaker 8: Let's go right. Here are the rules for Shack Diesel trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready, let's go, Let's get it out, O'Neal, here's round one.
Speaker 9: All lives are my former Lakers tonight? How old was Bronnie when Lebron went on his first playoff run? How old was Bronnie when Lebron went on his first playoff run? A? Two months old? Eighteen months old? Or see, Bronnie wasn't born.
Speaker 3: Yet, Mike, Mike, Mike got in there first. Bronnie wasn't born yet.
Speaker 1: No wrong?
Speaker 3: And well, actually Todd was next.
Speaker 1: You got Todd, I got eighteen months.
Speaker 3: And you got one correct. Wo This guy came to play, came to play.
Speaker 8: Todd halfway to a swiggy there, all right, we move on to round two.
Speaker 9: He came to play unlike Lebron, unlike the Lakers. That's right, Shut you up, tonight. What was I once quoted saying about money? A It's not about how much you make. The question is are you educated enough to keep it? B In my twenties I stacked women and paper. The money stayed with me. Longer or see, I'm so good at shopping that I cleaned supermarket sweep out of the one hundred large grand prize.
Speaker 8: Saying about money, big Mike gut In there. Yes, he's correct.
Speaker 9: It's not about how much money you make. The question is are you educated enough to keep it all right? So we got a good battle so far. Todd and Mike on the board as we moved to round three. Shaquille O'Neal, great to be here. Very busy week for me. Who is the head coach that was fired by the Memphis Grizzlies just four weeks ago? Hey, Taylor Jenkins, b Taylor Jones, oh ce genors Taylor.
Speaker 3: Tod for the wind. I'm going b B Taylor Jones.
Speaker 8: No, you be wrong, Mike, Mike for the steal in the wind. Hey, hey, Taylor Jenkins is correct. Mike wants come back to back. He's like me and my prime and belly to belly. Look at that belly. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Round of a blow you have said, Todd, you're swiggy. You're a stayless steel water bottle. I know, Todd, you want my swiggy bro.
Speaker 5: I'll take it as long as they turn your mic back off.
Speaker 3: Definitely getting it. I'm gonna put two swiggies in his package, the blue one and the what did I ever do to you?
Speaker 7: I love.
Speaker 3: Cozies too for that. All right, Shack, thank you, all right, thank you, let's go. Yeah, good luck, Hey, let's go. Thank you all right?
Speaker 8: Later du you duck your head right there?
Speaker 3: Well, hey, thank you Shack. Yo.
Speaker 2: He is just massive. You guys understand how big Shack is. Shaq heel O'Neill. Thank you Shack. It's always great to see him. Tuesday's here on the show. Some Shack Diesel Whack Diesel trivia and congrats again. That's Swiggy. I'm telling you it's a nice one. And if you want to qualify for a Swiggy, it's midnight Black. We used to have those nice blue ones. Now we got a midnight Black one. All you have to do is subscribe to our podcast for free. Just search Covino and Rich, leave a nice review and Danny g pick's names randomly.
Speaker 3: So leave a nice review and you qualify. That's It's bribery out its finest and I'm cool with it. I'm cool with it.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Question for you, as you just escorted check out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, way to go, Mike, by the way on a streak. T Wolves and Grizzlies tonight. I'm sorry T Wolves and Lakers tonight. Grizzlies there, they're gonna get beat by fifty. I was talking to Shack in the lobby before I agree with him. He was saying that Lakers got this one. Remember what Reddick said last time. Mentally they were there. Physically they were not. They weren't ready ready for all that physicality. So they make adjustments, they come back, they win tonight. But I think they got their hands full of the series.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I look at it this way. Grizzlies Thunder, that's is that even worth watching? I mean they lost Game one by fifty plus. I mean that that just a quintessential, like one seed that's just going to dominate through the first round. But T Wolves Lakers, that's seven o'clock out here on the West side Lake game on the East coast. Do you think that it's a must win? I hate when people say must win. You can't fall beyond two to zero as the home team.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely you cannot.
Speaker 7: I think you're actually wrong about the Grizzly I think they come back.
Speaker 3: I think really hard. I think it's a close.
Speaker 2: Game, okay see, I guess because of the ass whoop and they took in game one. Vegas has okay see favored by fifteen high. It's a high point.
Speaker 8: John Moran said, you will never see me and my team play that bad ever again. So if you're slapped in the face that bad, just for respectability, you got to come back.
Speaker 2: What do we always say? You can't determine really anything after game one. It's not the be all end all, so you make adjustments. I think the Lakers. I think the Grizzlies make the same adjustments that the Lakers make tonight. So you would say, realistically you like the Lakers by five. I think then you like Grizzlies thunder games and beyond close, and you like the Grizzlies covering the fifteen points.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're necessarily gonna win, but yeah, it hit up a little parlay tonight. Grizzlies getting fifteen, Lakers by five and a half.
Speaker 3: Bucks Pacers do you like?
Speaker 2: Uh like Indiana by five, four and a half five over the bu Do you think the Bucks fall too?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, let's stick with the other two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that.
Speaker 8: Game, and and there was a lot of trash talk, and you saw a dame saying wait for me.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get on the court.
Speaker 2: Right, he's clear, So that's a factor. CNR in for Dan Patrick right here on Fox Sports Radio