Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome to the Therapy Gecko podcast. I'm Lyle and I have I am a gecko and I'm talking to people on the phone. And I used to not record intros to the podcast. I used to just get right into them. And a lot of the reason for the for that is that often I think intros are stupid. I thinks are a waste of time. I hate when I fucking click on a podcast and it has like three minutes of like today, my guest is whatever, and then it's got like a little little little like intercuts of like parts of their conversation, you know what I mean. It's like, just if we could just start the podcast at the point when the people are are talking without a whole intro, and you probably sit through ads right when you're listening to this, so it's like you had to see you had there. First there was a bunch of ads, and then there's like a whole podcast, and then there's like a whole intro to the podcast. And then by the time you actually you know, get into the interview or whatever the podcast you're listening to is, you're forty five minutes in. Already your commute is over. It's time to go to work. You know, the laundry has been folded, you know, your run is over right, whatever it is you were doing. So that's why I don't like, you know, big long Rambley podcast intros where people just trail off and talk about nothing. You know, I hate when people do that. All right, let's get into the phone calls. Hello, Hi, what is your name?
Speaker 2: Obi? I actually saying there's like, I'm from Czech Republic, So it takes a long time before I can hear and I can respond. So I hope that's not a problem.
Speaker 1: Is that how I don't know if that's how cell phones work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah. I well, I've been seeing there's like one second before I respond to or I feel like it. Maybe it's not. I'm not really genius.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to be. Hey, listen, you don't have to be a genius to be doing this, to be doing whatever it is we're doing. That's okay, Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of tweaking right now. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: You're kind of tweaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm you know, I'm on the spot.
Speaker 1: There's no you're not on the you are not on the spot. You are on This is nothing. There is no spot, there is no there's no stakes to this. You were when you're when you if you you know, like when you take the bar exam, you're on the spot, right, But this is not anything. This isn't it. This isn't a job interview, This isn't it's not a bar exam. This isn't even it's not it where, it's not a date. It's not anything. This is no this is there's no stakes to this. This is just whatever.
Speaker 2: It's Yeah, I mean yeah, I feel like the stakes are like when you try to call in so many times as I do, then it's kind of you know, I invested so much time and stuff. Oh there's going to be all right.
Speaker 1: Uh oh well all right then let's let's go down that road.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You said you invested a lot of time into calling this show. You say, yeah, why do you?
Speaker 2: Why do you not so much?
Speaker 1: But how much time do you think you invested in calling this show?
Speaker 2: Maybe like two hours?
Speaker 1: Okay, So for the past two hours you've been calling, calling the phone number of it over again.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, like when I added up like multiple streams, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's been a two hour investment in total.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: And this I'm gonna say, this conversation that we are having right now, the stakes you're telling me, the stakes of this conversation right now is that this conversation is the the r OI the return on investment of two whole hours of your life? Yeah, okay, is there any other? Is there anything else at stake? You believe?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, drively no, okay?
Speaker 1: What is two hours? What is two hours of your life worth to you? Uh?
Speaker 2: Probably like two hundred setub shorts to hundred what YouTube shorts? You know, like TikTok about on YouTube?
Speaker 1: Two hundred YouTube shorts? Oh yeah, I guess, yeah yeah, sure, yeah, you could watch two hundred YouTube But what's the return on investment in of that? What's the what do you get after watching two hours of YouTube shorts?
Speaker 2: Oh? I just not that much right there? Stuff on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, return I'm sorry I keep talking over you go ahead?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, no, you go ahead.
Speaker 1: Return on the idea of return on your investment is an interesting concept. I fully believe in it. I believe that my my day to day life is heavily influenced by returns on previous investments. I have made with with my time in both a lot of in both ways that are extremely positive and extremely negative. Like I've spent a lot of time I've I wonder, I'm really I'm trying to calculate over the course of my life how many hours I've spent eating ice cream. It's probably a lot. And as.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you, when you eat ice cream, do like fully just eat ice cream and do nothing else, or do like do multiple things? Because I can't imagine do you really just eat ice cream and fully experience it.
Speaker 1: You bring up an interesting point, which is that, Okay, when I'm calculating my total ice cream eating time, is it the is it? I'm gonna go ahead and say that if I'm holding the spoon and I am in the process of either digging the ice cream out or putting it in my mouth or it's in my mouth, I'm gonna say that that's all ice cream time. But if I like take a little bite of ice cream and then I put it down and I, you know, talk to someone for a second that that I don't count that as ice cream time. I'm going to count it just as yeggs the time that is spent either in the process of well, shit, I mean of ROI, right, Like this is everything is ROI. Everything is because you know, I had to walk to the store to buy and buy the and I had to go find the ice cream and I had to buy it and I had to bring it to my house. That's all ice cream time. So how much time have I invested in the procurement and consumption of ice cream?
Speaker 2: Well, but but I think they're like two things you are doing, Like you physically go to the store, right, but you can also, like I don't know, listen to music. So how do you come to time? Because you're doing multiple things at once.
Speaker 1: So this gets me to my ultimate point, which is that and actually I want to be careful with this because I don't fully agree with what I'm about to say. Uh. Part of me thinks that, like the whole idea of like, uh, wasted time is kind of stupid because like, what what's the art? Like when you're eighty years old, right, it's like you just you just keep your time. You keep being like, well, what's this time going to lead up to? And you do that forever and then you die. So it's like when do you actually the point the point of the time was in the time itself, not necessarily what the time led up to. By the way, I don't fully believe that, but it's a it's an idea. Yeah, I mean, I don't fully believe that because my again, my day to day life, part of the A lot of the time and my day to day life that I fully enjoy is is created. The situations for me to enjoy that time were created because of ways in which I spent my time in the past. So I don't fully believe that. But also, if you live but if you live only by r o I and you only live by what's the return on investment of every fucking second of my day? Then you die without then what did you what were you ever doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so again that's why this conversation has no stakes because and also even if it's even if we're gonna live in ROI land, it's like two hours of your time. I I returned to the question what's two hours of your time?
Speaker 2: With yeah, uh, well I don't think I could copelate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, right now, all right, So there's no mistake with this, there's no reason to be nervous there's no way that you could funck this up. This is just whatever it was. There's no this doesn't need to pay off to anything.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: I'm just a huge then.
Speaker 1: For me, thank you. I appreciate that, and thank you for having this conversation with me. I'm actually I'm gonna actually say two things that are related to that are meta related to the conversation that we're having right now. For me, this conversation has multiple rois. One is I want this to I want this to be an engage in conversation for a variety of reasons, mainly because there's a bunch of people who listen to this podcast and I want I want the I want the podcast to be an enjoyable listen for those people. And then two so and so, I and so. Actually I'm operating on both levels at this point because I get multiple returns on my investment of time and having this conversation with you right now and recording this podcast in many ways. You know, I do this for a living, so this is this is my job. We have this conversation right now. Wait, sorry, I don't want to cut you off, but I want to just I's just my job to have this conversation right now. Yeah, I like and then ah, And there's roy inherent to that. There is ROI inherent to you know, building like you know, listenership to a thing. There's lots of you know, benefits that that can bring, I think, to one's life. There's lots of challenges that can bring to one's life with benefits. But I'm also operating on the other level, which is that I in the moment that we are having this conversation, like the time itself, I am enjoying. I'm enjoying getting to work out the ideas that I'm currently working out. As I'm on the phone with you right now, I'm getting to talk to a guy from the Czech Republic. I would have never gotten to talk. Really, there's no reason that you and Mi's life would have ever crossed paths had it not been for like the fact that I'm talking to you right now. Is the ROI of previous decisions that I made that are leading to this that leads to this podcast, that leads to you discovering this, that lead to you calling me. But also again, in the moment, I'm enjoying having this conversation with you, so it's working on many levels right now, this is this conversation is beneficial to me in both the present and the future.
Speaker 2: Can I just can go ahead?
Speaker 1: Go ahead please?
Speaker 2: I think this cozation. Yeah, this conversation is really I just realized when you were talking this conversations it has no space because they should go down a rabbit hole. It just you know, everything is kind of like beneficial in some way. You know, there's like a million things you always like, I don't know, I can practice my English, or I'm just happy I can talk to somebody, or you know, like it's really pointless two name or the benefits oh you know.
Speaker 1: Right right, No, yeah, no, you're right. The having this conversation is just inherent. There's no this doesn't need to be like a payoff to something. And by the way, it's funny I'm having what was I gonna say? By the way, I'm the king, I'm like, I actually I've had a I had somebody say this to me. I was I was dating someone and she said to me, you seem like you only want to do things, or like you mainly want to do things where you see like like an ROI to them where like they compound into things, and I am like that, and I have a I have lots of parts of my brain that are like that, where I only really want to do things where I feel like they'll benefit me in the future. That's what I aspire to I in my actual life, I do so I do lots of things that that detriment my future, like eat a lot of ice cream, but I enjoy them in the present. But then, but I'm like, I'm enjoying talking this out to you right now because I think that that mindset of I only want to do things that compound for the future is helpful. But I don't think if you if you're always thinking like that one hundred percent of the time, I think you miss a lot of the point of doing anything. You know, So that's why I'm enjoying. I'm like to challenge my own trying to challenge my own way of existing.
Speaker 2: I mean it all comes down to, like I think, I think what you're saying a lot is like ignorance is a less if you don't think about it, you just you do what you want, like you're not controlled by the return of the investments, and you don't do things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's a health I think, I think, I think the I think it's optimal to have a I think it's about balance. I think you gotta have a balance of both, right, Like you wanna do you wanna? Because if you just fuck off all the time and just yeah all the time and nothing ever matters, then you didn't. You amounted to nothing, which was fine too. There's no no law that you have to just.
Speaker 2: Short term and long term gratification. You know what do you want? You have the truth?
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, I mean yeah, I think yeah. I've always I've always try to yeah, do like long trying to do things that like I'm like, I like, like I want to build things, you know, like like you like, I want to do things that compound so that my life is better in the future. But if you're only if that's what you're only doing, and you're only doing things because they compound into the see, that's the best. See Like this, this conversation I'm having with you right now, it's a perfect example of the perfect balance because this conversation I'm having with you right now, I am enjoying having it in the moment, and it it compounds for the future.
Speaker 2: I guess it's a wingmen.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like are you enjoying having this conversation in the moment that we're having it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do, like sure, okay, good.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like this is compounds into your future in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we are exchanging ideas. Yes, so you know that's always good to have a perspective. Now, yeah, maybe sometimes when I think about situations and somehow I can, you know, take this conversation up in my memory and have another perspective. I think that's a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're practicing English. That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry my English is pretty that right.
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't, it's not I don't. I don't think English. I only said that because you said that. I don't think your English is bad at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I haven't. I haven't spoken English for a long time, so I just listen like youtobe and stuff, read books, but I don't speak that much.
Speaker 1: Where do you do you live in Prague?
Speaker 2: Do you know in second language?
Speaker 1: Do I know a second language?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, hold I'll answer, I'll answer.
Speaker 2: You speak Spanish when you were in Mexico cit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I I I know a little bit of Spanish, although my Spanish has has atrophied. I know, like ten phrases of Japanese maybe, yeah, like I know, like ten phrases of Japanese. I'm going to Tijuana on Friday. I'm filming a video I'm excited about. Remember the Uh I don't know, I don't know how often you listen to the podcast, but like back in December, I had a phone call with this guy who uh like leads these like break dancing sessions in Tijuana.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, so you listen. I know I saw on that. On that phone call, he says to me, He's like, yo, let me know if you ever want to come to one and in and in it. I'm like I'm like, yeah, maybe that would be cool someday. And so I was just kind of sitting around and I'm like, wait, I'm gonna I should actually go do that. So I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a lot of people tell you that now they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to start making I want to yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are like, hey, come here and let's do this this ship and I'm like, uh uh, that's kind of that's what that's my new arc. I want to make more videos like that because I made that video about being in being depressed in Japan, where you know, I met up with with with my my boy Jason, who called it into the show and I'm like, oh, that's I like that format of video. I think that is fun. So I'm gonna go into Tijuan. I'm gonna do that ship. But uh, I want to Okay, I just want to go ahead, Google ahead, you say some Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say, I think this podcast wouldn't work if you weren't traveling the world, like I think it brings so much to like, you know what you are talking about, like when different cultures, people with different cultures talk to you, you are like open. I think if you sat on your ass all the time, it wouldn't work. This podcast so good that you you travel a lot.
Speaker 1: I think interesting. Well, and I'm trying to think about that because I don't you know, that's an interesting thing to say, and I agree with it to a point.
Speaker 2: But I think maybe not like it wouldn't work in this scale.
Speaker 1: I think I think that I do think that traveling and like going around and talking to people and stuff is a is a good education in like, uh, yeah, I think it is a good education. But I also I don't think you need it. There's all these New York Times articles. I mean, I like doing it because I it's exciting, and I like I crave, I crave constant stimulation. I think that's an ADHD thing, or maybe it's just a me thing. I don't know, but I yeah, yeah, Oh, you go ahead, you're gonna say.
Speaker 2: Some Yeah, I'm just I was going to say, no, I don't know that much about you, but I think a lot of those things you'd say, like ADHD. I think it just you know, we are so over stimulated in the world. Oh it's not really no, like adhd ah, But that's a different conversation. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: I I see what you mean. There's uh, what's that. There's a Dave. I think it's like, no, it's it's not Dave Chappelle. It's Michael Ja. Michael Cha has that joke where he's like, uh, this kid doesn't have ADHD. He's got titties in his pocket, you know, because of the phone. Anyway, Yeah, anyway, oh yeah, traveling, I don't know. You can you can there's somebody you can learn ship on the internet. You can listen to podcasts, you can do all kinds of ship.
Speaker 2: I'm well, can I say just from my perspective or experience, I don't travel on like to other countries almost like I traveled once or twice in my life. But I think I'm still open in new cultures. Yes, but it's not the same. I think it's not the same when you weren't there because the Internet is so you know, it's not real if you get me, like, I know it's saying Internet is not real, it's pretty stupid, but I mean it's not like like seventy percent of things on internet are fake, right, So you get you don't get the right perspective or the experience that you would when actually being there and talking to people or experiencing their food or you know, just the behavior. Like I guess if someone whence to I don't know, to Japan and made the block just walking in the city, I don't get the experience of actually woking. It's totally different thing, you know.
Speaker 1: I again, I like travel a lot because it's, uh, it's just fun and stimulating and I like getting to, you know, meet new people and do and you know, when I die, I want to be able to look back on my life and uh, you know, be able to say that I had, you know, exciting experiences and whatnot. But I don't in terms of like, in terms of like learning about the human experience. I think I think that your understanding of the human experience is not I don't think you have to travel far and wide for it. I mean, like you like, okay, so you don't travel, right, but like I assume you have you know, I'm gonna assume you have like parents and maybe siblings and friends, and you go to the store and you do all these things, and it's like you can you know, just just living on regular ass life and examining it and you know, having relationships with other people and attempting to navigate the world. And you know, but when.
Speaker 2: You say, I think there's a problem when you say navigating the work, because you know, the work is so vast and different on other places that I mean, I can navigate the world maybe in chic Republic, but I would be completely or not completely, but I would be lost even in America because the culture is really different.
Speaker 1: Ye hm, yes, But I mean to be honest with you, like the Yes, cultures are different, but a lot of ship's the the same. I mean like yeah, yeah, I mean, well okay, right actually here, I mean let me, let me, let me do this right, like like do you have a do you have like a what's what's your romantic life?
Speaker 2: Like, Oh, I I will be getting married, I think this summer.
Speaker 1: You're getting married this summer?
Speaker 2: Yeah hopefully?
Speaker 1: Why hopefully?
Speaker 2: Oh well, it's not a setting stone, it I guess. I mean you're not doing the classic marriage where you know, I propose and we have the ceremony and stuff. You're just gonna go to the city hall and get married.
Speaker 1: Cool. How long have you been with your fiance your girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Well, like together romantically, it's been a year and a half. But I've known her for like ten years, I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, And how did that relationship go from like platonic to romantic?
Speaker 2: Well, there was some romantic tension spark or how do you call it, like all the time, I guess, but realized really far apart and saw each other just one fear for fourteen days, and like we grew older and we started seeing each other more and yeah, then I got her pregnant.
Speaker 1: WHOA Okay, I have a lot of questions to ask about your life, but just to tie back in what we were just talking about, is, okay, so you have this you had this thing right with this girl where you maybe liked each other and there was maybe just spark and you know, like you have your you have your love story with this lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was not maybe, but yeah yeah, yeah love story.
Speaker 1: Okay, So well, okay, but this this experience of like a guy and a girl know each other for a long time and then maybe they get together, maybe they don't know, they fucking h coover, they love each other, and then maybe oh he gets their pregnant, and then this story, this your life story, that story is happening like that. That's just that's a human story. That's not like that's probably happened in Japan, Korea and America and Australia and all over Europe. Like that story like that, like the like the like the human things like like I know, and like like searching and like the search for personal meaning and like familial relationships. These are these aren't things you you discovered by traveling. These are things you discovered by just like living and then you kind of discover them by like talking to other people about their lived experience. But a lot of like the truly human uh ship is is cross cultural, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean these are feelings, right, so feelings are definitely human like in every every culture, I guess, same.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah? Yeah, Like, so you're you're educated in you're educated in this field of romance, not because you not because you try, not because you went on a crazy cool trip to Japan, but because you fucking lived your life and then you pull from the actual the life that you lived to then give you a greater perspective on the lives that other people might be living. And you didn't have you didn't have to leave the Czech Republic to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right, You're right, Yeah, But but I cannot Well I could talk to you about this or to anyone, right, but mmm, how do I how do Maybe I couldn't talk to about what the feeling is walking to in Japan in summer where it's really hot and humid on the busy street, right, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but even like yeah, but even like in even like in that Japan walking video that I made like that video is not about Japan. That video is about like, ah go the videos that video is about like my just my own fucking spirally ah thoughts, and I could I could have fucking done that. You know, I could have had those thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna be honest when I said, when I said it, I didn't remember that video from you. I just was saying, random scenario. It's I'm a new concept.
Speaker 1: You know, sure, sure, but but okay, like but I.
Speaker 2: Think I'm kind of spiraling about this. Cann just just say, just going to go away from it.
Speaker 1: It's not like you know, yeah, oh by the way, hold on, just so you know, I'm not uh. I hope you don't feel like I'm attacking you. I'm not at all. I'm just uh no, you're giving your your You're you've been, You're a great springboard for I'm enjoying these ideas that were were exchanging. I'm not attacking. I don't want I don't you say, because you say you're spiraling, No, no, no.
Speaker 2: I I enjoyed this very much. Even if you were attacking me. It's all right. I know.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just in real time I'm in real time thinking about the things that you're saying. Let me think, well, yeah, because like, well, yeah, the idea of I don't know. I think you get an education just by like living your fucking life, you know, whatever happens to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, let's let's let's agree to disagree.
Speaker 1: Now it's good, it's uh wait, no, I don't want to I don't want to agree to disagree. I want to hear your disagreements.
Speaker 2: I told you already. But I think my like of knowing English or English vocabulary, I can't really express myself that much. So I don't know. I would rather just go from that topic because I don't think I can really say my mind on that.
Speaker 1: You know, So you're having a child.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have a child.
Speaker 3: I have almost one year old other Oh holy shit, yeah wow, how's that?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's well, it's a right, parenthood is amazing, but it's not either definitely. Well, I'm twenty one, my girlfriend is nineteen, so you're kind of young parents. I'm still in school. My girlfriend is also in school, so we have some troubles with the time management and making money. Right, But I don't know, I always wanted to be a father. So I'm really enjoying it, but it's not idea, right.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well, I could go on a rant, but I don't know, I mmm if if it's constructive or not.
Speaker 1: I would love to hear your rent. Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I'm twenty one, and you know I always wanted to child before before I got my girlfriend pregnant. I thought about, like, if I had two lives, in one I would like to try to be a young parent, and in the other one, I would, you know, do it the traditional way, I guess, And then I got kind of new choice, and but yeah, I am really enjoying it, but it was it's trually stressful because I don't work full time and money is kind of tight, especially in this economy, I guess, right, But yeah, so it's it's it's stressful a lot.
Speaker 1: Of yeah.
Speaker 2: Mhmm.
Speaker 1: You said in one life, you said, if you had two lives, you would do one as a young father, and then in the other one you would do it the traditional way, which which I said, the traditional way to you is like, you know, waiting a little more.
Speaker 2: I think the traditional way is like to finish school, get a good job, financial stability, and then have a child. Right, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm curious what made you want to what made you want to be a young dad?
Speaker 2: I well, because I felt like being a father is how do you said? Like, that's the only thing in my life that I want to do pretty much, like it's my dream. Yeah, my dream. Hmm.
Speaker 1: How is it playing out for you? Have you have you do you feel? Do you feel good about about living your dream? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's my dream, right, So I really love it, Like being a father is amazing. I enjoy it every day. I love my daughter and she's she's amazing. But no, I know, there's really not a bad I really love it, like it's great. The only thing that's, like, I guess not optimal is the money situation, right, But everything else I just thought it. I'm with my with my girlfriend, which is love of my life.
Speaker 1: So that's great, that's great, that's wonderful. How is she doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is she?
Speaker 1: Is she happy? Is she doing good?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I would say she's happy. Well, now, we had the finals, so it was kind of stressful. But you know, life is well, like if you don't I feel like, if you want to live a comfortable life, you will never achieve anything or like, mmm, you know you know what I mean, Like if you don't step out of your comfort zone, you just stay stuck. So that's my point of view on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, but we're really cool, Like we're gonna get married, right, so.
Speaker 2: H you're happy?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. How do you are you? What's your family situation?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Is your Are you cool with your dad and your mom and like you have siblings and stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, uh, I am very cool with my parents, Like I love them. They're amazing. They they help us a lot, like my father, Like they are not together. I would say divorced, but they never got married, so I guess separate. Uh, but they are cool. I have one brother, you could say half a bad brother. I guess it's only from my mom's side, but I feel it's he's my like my real brother. I know him on My life is amazing mm hmm. Yeah. I My family is great. I just wish I could talk to them more, like see them, because now really is really far apart.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Do you do you have a Do you have a lot of friends where you live?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have, Like I have a group of friends m hm. And I have some friends in school. But yeah, I don't know. I don't know how much friends is a lot or how much friends is.
Speaker 4: Few.
Speaker 2: I have just a good amount of friends, I would say I have. I don't have much time because, like I said, I go to work and I study and I'm a new parent. But I don't have that much time. But I'm trying to keep in touch with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you're a pretty you're you're you're, you're a pretty incredible guy. Man, that's you're you're. That's a lot. That's a lot to juggle. That's a that's an incredible amount.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. No, I hate when someone says that because I respect that.
Speaker 1: I respect that, I really expect that.
Speaker 2: I really don't think I'm, you know, doing anything remarkable. Like I spent a lot of my time fucking watching YouTube shots. If I was amazing, I wouldn't. I would do something more productive, and you know, this is the life that I pretty much chose. So no much, not much remarkable about that, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I can? I all right, wait, I don't. Okay, Here's I'm not. I don't want to because you hate when people say you're remarkable. I'm I don't want to like like dick ride you or anything, but can I want to explore I want to explore this. If we may, you won't spiral, But I.
Speaker 2: Wait, so no I would. I'm sorry because I would really like to talk about this more. But my thoughts I just can't put them in words in English. But I'm really trying.
Speaker 1: Well, well, okay, well, by the way, you're doing great. You don't your your English is great. I'm just curious about this.
Speaker 5: What why?
Speaker 1: Okay? I get if? Why does it do?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I guess A A, do people tell you a lot that you're amazing? And then B why does it bother you when people tell you that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, people say it like my friends say it sometimes. No, well they said it, they say it like once, right, they don't say it every day. But I guess it bothers me because you know, I don't feel like I'm doing anything amazing and it you know, I just get to if everyone says you're amazing while you're not, you're just never going to improve.
Speaker 1: I feel like, no, well yeah, yeah, yeah, I absolutely know what what that feels like. Uh, because yeah, if everyone says you're amazing and right, because there's a weird this is a fucking this is a classic thing. Is uh if everyone says you're amazing.
Speaker 2: And it's pretty pretty uh normal human experience, you could say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you start walking around thinking, well, hey, I'm amazing, you know, then you just get what Then you're you're right, you're not gonna improve. But then the opposite sucks too, right because you don't want to write if you think if you walk around all the time thinking that you're amazing, you're not gonna improve. But then if you walk around all the time being like I suck, then you're just gonna hate your life.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't think I suck. I just think I'm not remarkable. Like you said, I think I'm pretty normal. Chill guy, what is what does that mean? What is like?
Speaker 1: Okay, see, your friends have told you. They maybe they don't tell you every day, but they have told you before. Your friends, people in your life have told you what you're doing by not only working and going to school, but also you know, being a partner and being a father and you know being a loving kid, Like everything you're doing is remarkable. So people have told you that what it like what is remarkable to you? Like, because clearly you have an idea or like a bar for what incredible or remarkable looks like, and that you're not there.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Where's that bar at? Where does it look like?
Speaker 2: Well? I don't know what I would put the bar like on someone I don't know, but for me, I guess I would be amazing if you know, I didn't flag. I feel like I flack a lot. Is that I mean, like I thought I mentioned many times in this conversation YouTube shorts because that's the thing that's on my mental lot because I really spend I think, too much time there, which is not a productive time and I could really spend it on something else, like I don't know, learning or just being present, cleaning my room or something like that, and instead of doing that, I choose the instant gratification like I mentioned, and you know, just flag and then I feel bad. So I don't think there's you know, that's not remarkable, right when you do something you don't want to do and you still do it because you're like it feels good at the moment.
Speaker 1: Hm hmm, yeah, I have, like I actually I have so many thoughts on that okay, but your your child.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, that's kind of complicated situation, but it's getting fixed soon. So well, I know, okay, let me tell you, let me get you kind of different into this. I know, like people are going to freak out. But yeah, let's say I got my girlfriend pregnant when she was eighteen and I was plenty.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: By the way, like the content, like the age you can consent to sex in my country is fifteen, so it's all right.
Speaker 1: When she was and you were twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, I was actually nineteen.
Speaker 3: Sorry, okay, all right, I was nineteen and she was eighteen.
Speaker 2: We are a year and a half and I was still nineteen. Yeah, ok so, and she is still she was still finishing high school because like high high school school system in Czech Republic is you study high school till you were like eighteen nineteen. I don't know how it's in America. So she is still yeah, yeah, she is still finishing. She was still finishing high school. She was in her first year and in sure publicly do four years. Well, there are different types of high school education, but I guess the tradition like it's four years, and she was doing her third year she was studying. So she actually had to finish high school for one year while our daughter was you know, she was born last summer, and then this whole year she had to still finish high school, and so she had to stay at her grand grandparents' house. And I'm actually studying in a different city, like half across the Czech Republic. I would say, it's a five hour ride by train. So I wasn't capable of going like spending with them all the time, all the time, the whole week. So I went to work and studied like on weekdays like Monday, Tuesday to Friday, and and I went back on the weekends on. So that's been last year. But now she finished high school with the nice grades and we will live together now, hm.
Speaker 1: So she so you were studying while she was taking care of the baby with her grandma and finishing up her shit, and then you're doing your ship and now the plan is, okay, we're all going to live together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well I was visiting, like think I was coming back every weekend. Yeah, okay, okay, like we are together, you know, just it just sucked because I wasn't.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, look, I get you gotta you gotta you gotta, you gotta go to school, you gotta get an education. You're doing what you gotta do for the family, and then coming back on the weekends to be with the family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean I I when I when I heard that we are going to have a baby, I my immediate thought was, Okay, I'm gonna quit school and start working full time. But well, we talked together and with her parents and my parents, and we decided that it would be the best if I finished the school because I'm studying electrical engineering, and the salary really really spikes when you finish school, like her university, you know. Yeah, so it's like an investments.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, you're blessed as fuck to have.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: Sounds like your families, like your family and her family are like being extremely helpful and being like, all right, will you know, we'll help you guys out so that you can you don't have to drop out and fucking go to work and you can finish school and she can finish school. And it's nice. It's nice to you have family to help you out with. That's you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, you're a family view of each other, you know. I mean, I think Czech Republic is a little bit more family oriented than let's say, America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about like traveling, and shit is America. And it's funny when you you know, what is so dumb is And maybe maybe it's just me. I'm not I'm not gonna project on other Americans. I'm just gonna I'm not gonna speak on behalf of other Americans. I'm just gonna throw myself under. That is when I when growing up in America, I think I just always thought like like like just America as the default, you know what I mean, it's a stupid American thing of like you grew up in America and you think that like the way that I don't know if this happens everywhere, but like you, you just when you grow up, you think that the way that you grow up and the culture that you live in. Sorry, I'm gonna stop projecting. I thought that the way I grew up and the culture that I lived in was just how everyone is. And then and then yes, I get older and I travel more and I learn more, and I realize that it's not the case. And yes, individualism is a strongly American thing. It's like we have our own cars, and you can't you cannot ever tell us what the fuck we can do because we're we are free. And then you've got to other countries and it's like, you know, I mean, people people have like like I think, like adults, like being being like twenty seven and living with your family is I think a way more of a No, it's like a very non American thing, but it's like very normal. I believe in like Europe for like, you know, I think it's but Europe and like other countries.
Speaker 2: To have you don't get the house well okay, yeah, just so you don't get the wrong idea. It's not you're not the Czech Republic. It's not like I didn't mean to say all some oriented maybe like India or something. It's not like well, if you're twenty seven and you're living in a parents house, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Here too, so interesting. I thought it's maybe it's.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I know, sorry, go ahead, go ahead, yeah, I just I just don't think it's as much of capitalism like influence here. It's just more family oriented. Like people are generally much poorer here than America. I would say, so we like to you know, don't chase money, but like relationships, I guess maybe more.
Speaker 1: That makes a lot of sense. I'm talking totally out of my ass here, but I feel like, yeah, there's definitely maybe it's like Latin American countries or something like that, where it's like it's very common to have like three generations in one household. I also thought that was like a European thing.
Speaker 7: But uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, America is like, you know, you gotta get you gotta fucking do your own ship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you you have like do what your anime? Not really, but no, okay, I think I think America.
Speaker 2: You know, you you like when you look at the person you the first thing you like, they're like power level is how much money they are making like that that that's what makes them, you know how they say it, U like a great person if he has a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I think in America, yeah, that's where that's the where the value judgment is.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, right, yeah, yeah, that's what I meant. It's not like that in Czech Republic. I would say, I think that's that's the main difference there.
Speaker 1: Tell me more about that. That's interesting, Like the value like the value judge is about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like I told you many, many of my information that I take in about American culture, let's say, is from the internet, because I've never been to America, right, and I don't even have any friends from America. But you know, I maybe I look at some video and there's a guy that I don't know. Like let's say, maybe I don't want well, I don't want to get into that, but let's say maybe Andrew tight when when he he makes a lot of money, of course, but like he is coming people in my opinion, Okay, but let's say in the sake of the argument, someone is making a lot of money, but he's coming people or like doing some shady things. In America, you I think Americans tend to overlook the you know, shady business. It just depends on how much money he's making. But in Chech Republic, you know, he would say he's not really cool. Or that's maybe my perspective on it too. Like I don't wanna, I don't want to speak on behalf of Czech Republic people, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, but I mean, look, we uh we elected the fucking guy with the Golden tower. Yeah, yeah, so I don't think I don't think I don't think what you're saying. Back it up. We elected a dude who has multiples made of gold with his name on them in gold, and we were like, we were like, yep, that's that. That's awesome. We did, we did look at that. We did look at the Golden Tower and go, that's that's super awesome. That's that's sick. So yes, you're right, Uh those are I think those are not?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, And.
Speaker 6: You know, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I think when you ask American like kids or like maybe young adults or how we say, uh, you ask them like what do what do they want to do in life? I think a lot of them say just to make a lot of money, and you know, they just I think it's it's not like it's not like that.
Speaker 1: Into Republic interesting, you know.
Speaker 2: We say maybe some specific thing, not just making money. You know.
Speaker 1: I feel like everything I'm about to say is completely anecdotal and might be because I'm in a bubble. I mean, I guess We're all in bubbles, but like I I have I have I feel like in America this is like a generational ish thing. Like I feel like more like more people in like younger generations are like trying to find like meaning for themselves outside of work and shit, where like, you know, our parents were like I don't know, they had they had, they had different, theyse grew up different, I think. I think. Yeah, the our generation, I think is more interested in like trying to find meaning instead of our parents' generation, which was like, Okay, I'll just go do this job and I'll do it forever and it'll pay the bills and that's just how it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Well you could say when you're you are looking for a meaning instead of looking to you know, just to survive, you're doing pretty good now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, no, that's a yeah, definitely, I think I think so too. Yeah. No, if you know, if you're able to, like I think, if you're if you're in a position where you're able to ponder, you're doing great. I was looking this up recently. I was thinking about this, like all the all the like I don't know about all, but like a lot of the the like major philosophers were rich, like fucking like Descard and Marcus Aurelius and uh fucking I think Plato. I was looking this up, like they're all rich because like sitting around pondering the meaning of life requires you to not be in survival mode. That's why all those motherfuckers were rich or like it came from like nobility or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: I think interesting. Interesting? What the fuck else was I was? I? Were we talking about? See this whole? You know, it's crazy. This conversation started with you thinking that this was going to be a waste or no, not a waste. No, you didn't say that. What did you say?
Speaker 4: You were?
Speaker 3: You were?
Speaker 1: You were you were afraid that this conversation would be a waste? I think is that accurate to say? And then and we've been and look at this, We've been talking for at least an hour.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Man. Well look I don't I think think Yeah, for sure, for sure, I know you hate this and it's almost mean of me to do it knowing that you hate it.
Speaker 2: But I'm going.
Speaker 1: But I do think that you you I'm very I'm I'm.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm warmed. I don't know if warms. I don't know if warm is the right word, but I'll use warmed by your noble intentions and uh that your persistence in pursuing them. You know you want to be a good, loving dad. I can tell that you are, and well if I can U.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, I just don't know whether what how? Oh wait, how did you say it humble? Did you say humble? Did?
Speaker 1: I didn't say humble? I didn't say I mean you are?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, no, what you say my intentions were?
Speaker 1: I think your intentions are that you want to be a good dad and provide for your kids.
Speaker 2: No, but you know what kind of intention you said some some words.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you had noble?
Speaker 2: You know your noble? Yeah, noble, I'm sorry. No, I I don't know where that's what came from, because I'm just doing what I want, like it was my dream. If my dream was I don't know, making a million dollars, I would try to make a million dollars. Yeah, there's no nobility in that.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, sure, I'm just doing you know what?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 1: By the way, everything you're saying is right. You just you just so happened for whatever, you know what? You know what, I'll give you know what, I'll give this back to you. What's your name again? Did you even give me your name or any name?
Speaker 2: I think guys said some bullshit like ob.
Speaker 1: Okay, ob you know what, you know what? Sure, Obi, you just so happened, for whatever cosmic fucking reason to be born in a body, in a brain where the neuron the chemicals in your brain, and this stimuli you encountered over the course of your life, uh deterministically led to by happenstance. Your dreams are something that are traditionally uh uh seen as noble, and that is just a that's a that's a fact. Yes, you had you got lucky that your dream is something noble because if your dream was I guess that you wanted to make a billion dollars and and invade the rest of Europe and make Czech Republic the world leader, and you wanted to kill a bunch of people, and that was what you really wanted to do, you probably would be doing that. And it's there's really no cosmic reason why why that didn't end up being your dream instead of raising a nice family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I I kinda I kind of take it back. I think you wrong, But because if if I if I wanted to kill a million people, I don't think I would do that. No, my consciousness wouldn't let me. Maybe I'm a little nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but your consciousness wouldn't let you. But your consciousness, but that's because you're who you are, and you're not, you know, Hitler. I don't know. I'm spouting a lot of deterministic Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 2: So I'm not the Hitler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't think you're hit I'm gonna, you know what, forget every forget everything. You know what, why don't we make that the new bar? I mean, why don't we make that your bar? Can you not?
Speaker 3: Can you not?
Speaker 1: Can you not accept my observation of you as remarkable based based on the fact that you're not Hitler?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, I'm remarkable before that, remarkable.
Speaker 1: For not being Hitler. We're all remarkable for not being Hitler. We can tell you, we can do that.
Speaker 2: But some people could be a little bit nicer to each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true Hitler, and so could and you know what, Hitler could have been a little bit nicer too, but it's too late for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah he could. I think that was some space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, where's Hitler's cott? Do you believe in reincarnation or like in uh that like consciousness can't go away like it has to like reappear in some form.
Speaker 2: Oh well, well, I believe in heaven. But yeah, no, I believe in heaven. But the energy in the universe is finite, right.
Speaker 1: Right, So what so whatever was going on in Hitler's brain, whatever that was, that's is that. I wonder if that's somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope it's not. Maybe it got maybe it got well, actually, can I can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just off topic, you know, I okay, I don't know how to how to say it, so maybe, but okay, I really wanted to buy your hoodie but it's not on stock? Will it ever be on stock? Like the.
Speaker 1: The A the R, the Trivian Trivian Gecko hoodie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the green, the green one Green. Yeah, it's really amazing. It's like the best one there.
Speaker 1: No, I think we only haven't. I don't really, I haven't. I think it's only what I haven't paid any attention to my merch store in a while, but I think it's only in white. I think we ran out of the green. I think I because I use like a print on demand service and so whatever. The guy in the warehouse that I use has at the time is typically what he prints us. I think it's only in white. Well, you don't like the white I think the white school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think what is cool. But you know my problem with white is it's such a general color. Everybody has white, but not many people have the green one, like the light green color on their hoodie. It's amazing. So you know, just my point. I think that's an amazing goody.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe I'll try to get white. Great, How what is it are you able to? What is shipping like for you? When you go to that thing and you put in your thing? It must that must cost a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, well I can I can try it. Well, I mean I would. I would try to get it for my birthday. You know, it's kind of extensive for chick Republic. But yeah, I mean it's it's.
Speaker 2: All right, it's not that much. You know what.
Speaker 1: Seven, I'll send you one. No way I want to send you. I don't think let me I have to. I'm gonna message Mike. I'm gonna message I have a I have a guy who does my merch. I'll message him. I'll ask her if you could send over a comp order to to sec to the Czech Republic. How do we get in contact?
Speaker 2: No way, bro, no way you want you want to?
Speaker 1: Do? You have Instagram?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm not using it, but I have it, so okay.
Speaker 1: Send me an Instagram d M. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, I I think I sent you an email, but I send it to the fucking wrong email address, to your work email address.
Speaker 1: I'm wait. Hold, I can't send you the green one. I don't have any of those. But I can send you a white one.
Speaker 2: That's all right. I mean it's a free bro. I'm so excited for anyone.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, if I hold on, I just logistically, logistics, I haven't actually I haven't actually fucked around with my merch star and a while. Logistically if I could send you, I know for a fact. Okay, let me let me all right, hold on, let me let me readjust my promise.
Speaker 2: I can I just say something.
Speaker 1: Ahead?
Speaker 2: Can I just you know, just an idea. I'm not trying to be ungrateful or anything. If it's possible, Yeah, could you maybe try to sign it? And I give it to my girlfriend because she is a big friend too. I showed I showed her to showed her the podcast and she really likes it. I mean, it would be amazing gifts. Okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: If I would, I happily I would do that for you. But all of the these are all in Ohio.
Speaker 2: It's all right, it's all right then, No, it's okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I wish, I wish I could do that for you, but they're all in Ohio.
Speaker 2: I think I will give it to her anyway, or wish her who is so do Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna try to give you. I don't again the logistics of the merch't try to send you the white thing. If I can't, I promise you I will send you some form of merch. I'm gonna I'm gonna try to make it the white one. But if I can't, I will. I'm gonna send you some ship with sending an Instagram DM withies and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will send you after the call, because you know I'm not telephoning through internet. I don't want to suck it up.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I just wanted to say, even if you don't do if you can do it, just the intent really made my fucking day.
Speaker 1: And you know what, and you know what the best part is is if if it works out, I'm gonna try to do it. I just gotta make sure logistically I can do it. But the cool thing is is that if you were if it works out, is that you have a you have a you if if it works out, if I can send it to you, because again, I would hate if I could promise you this. And then my guy in Ohio was like, no, it's a ship to the I promise you. I will try. But if it works out then and you hold it, you get to you'll, well, it'll be sick because you can be like I have a I'm physically holding you'll, because you'll be like this sweatshirt is worth exactly two hours of my time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's fucking true. There it is.
Speaker 1: The sweatshirt is is this is how much two hours of my time is worth? Is worth this?
Speaker 2: And you know what, you know what the coast of the fucking hoodie would be like two times, but I would make in my job for two hours. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Really, how much the fucking cost to send a thing to uh? The Czech Republic?
Speaker 2: No, not even not even the shipping, like how much the check Republic isn't Yeah, yeah, the checker Czech Republic isn't really you know, the richest country. So you know, dead hoodie would cost me five hours of my time.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, isn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 6: And so okay, I don't yeah, so when okay, I just want to say, I don't fucking I don't get how the fucking Americans can get can go broke bro like because these things cost the same you know here in Czech.
Speaker 2: Republic and they're in America, but you make ten times our salary. Bro, how do you how do people get broke bro?
Speaker 1: Well? Because well, well, well, yeah, I mean if you well, well, like.
Speaker 2: I mean this hard, I understand the food is yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Like like the sixty like well okay, so like like yeah, like sixty dollars to buy a hoodie on the internet, is I think that's about right for America. But like if well, I mean, I mean, the short answer is is that Americans make more money compared to I think this is a question for an economist and not a dumb ass who uses the who just googles shit and watches YouTube videos. But I think the short answer is, like we make more money in comparison to the rest of the world, but also because uh, you know, we just everything is more expensive in America, you know. I mean like when you like you go to Japan and they make everything there is cheaper, but they make less money. And I think that's that's how I think that's how it works.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I assume. I assume that if somebody made a bunch of American dollars, right and then moved to the Czech Republic, their money would go farther versus if you took your check. I don't know what. I don't know what is it a rupie or whatever you guys got and you move to and you go to America, it's like, oh, my ship is worthless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I understand because of living is much higher, right, but you know, things like this they cost the same. Like if I want to buy PS five, it will it will cost me ten times more in uh, you know, time than everage American you know.
Speaker 1: Way interesting. Wait, but a PS so like if you go to like if you go wait ship, Yeah, if you buy like everything.
Speaker 2: On Amazon, everything on everything with you if you want to.
Speaker 1: Buy if you want to buy a PlayStation five on Amazon in the Czech Republic and you go to like Amazon dot c H or c z K or whatever the fuck it's does it cost the same as pretty much American dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn, you know that's just my rent that I don't know how American people get broke, because, yeah, I understand the cost of living, it's much higher. But you know, these luxury you could call it luxury things the cost of the same.
Speaker 1: Mhmm. Yeah, I guess, I guess, I guess, yeah, I guess that's true. I guess. Yeah, we have we have access to Yeah, if your Americans have access to more two more luxuries. But like our our basic like like what what do you pay? How much is like you don't live in Prague, right, you live in like.
Speaker 2: We're part of No No No practice, Like two times more expensive than everybody else in Chicken Public.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't like so like wherever you live right, like where you were, like the location that you're calling me from. How much is how much would like a one bedroom apartment cost per month?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wait? One bedroom? Okay, I'm just in the process of like getting two bedroom apartments Okay, wait, wait, wait, what do you mean by one bedroom because we have like one room and okay.
Speaker 1: Well forget about Like, okay, you're you're in the process of looking for a two better apartment. How much does that cost?
Speaker 2: Two two bedroom? But it's like two rooms and a kitchen. It's not like I don't know what two bedroom means because like there are no two beds, there's just two rooms.
Speaker 1: Well what well, okay, yes, it's two rooms and a kitchen one bed Yeah, okay, how much is.
Speaker 2: That that would cost a like twenty twenty thousand crowns and one daughter is twenty five so maybe you can round it up like nine hundred eight hundred dollars for a month.
Speaker 1: Okay, check crown to us D. It's it's twenty thousand crowns to USD.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's yeah, it's twenty yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a two room ish. Okay, so two rooms and a kitchen is twenty thousand crowns a month?
Speaker 2: Yeah pretty much.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's about nine hundred and ten bucks a month. And you're in like the you're in like a non major city in the Czech Republic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am in a major city, but you know, Czech Republic is like, you're not You're not in like the cities aren't. Really I'm not in a rural area. I mean just I'm just in city.
Speaker 1: You know, you're in a normal ass city. You're not You're not in like ass fuck country farm.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'll tell you how it is. It's Prague, and then it's all like every city, it's practice just the main like the most expensive one, and then all this all the others are pretty much the same pretty much.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm trying to think of like what I'm trying to think of like the American Like I'm trying to like, do I compare this to like you know, some randoms, well or do I? Or do I compare this town to like Saint Louis, Missouri, you know, like a it's not like the most major city. It's like a place.
Speaker 2: Well okay, okay, let me tell you. I'm living in Bruno, which is the second largest city in Czech Republic. But if you google how much population he is in Berno, it's like the smallest city in America.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm actually genuine this fast. I like, I like, I like, uh think about this stuff. What berno check Listen, you guys gotta get some fucking this city this this city's name needs more vowels in it. The city's name has too many concepts.
Speaker 2: If you don't have much vowels, is it's a.
Speaker 1: Vowel A E, I O U. Okay, all right, it's got one vowel. But yeah, this city needs a couple more vowels in it. Okay, this is bro okay, all right, this is all right, all right. As a population of around four hundred thousand, Okay, what's the population of Saint Louis, Missouri. Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Population Actually four hundred thousand, isn't it? Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, So Saint Louis, Missouri has less people than where you live.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, to.
Speaker 1: Say, Lot's Missouri's got about two hundred and eighty one thousand people. Lois, Missouri is smaller than where you live. Where you live, you can get what I think. We're both on the same page about is a two bedroom apartment. I don't know what. I don't know if the I don't know if two bedroom apartment means something different to you in the Czech Republic than it does in the United States.
Speaker 2: But well, because when you say bedroom, like, are there like two beds or just two like rooms?
Speaker 1: You can look at a two bedroom apartment would look like it has two rooms and then it made up. Maybe it has a hallway, and then it has like a living room, and then maybe like a tiny kitchen.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of bigger. I think that would cost twenty five thousand.
Speaker 1: In all right, twenty five thousand. That's twenty five thousand, all right, twenty five thousand, all right, So it would cost around twelve hundred bucks for a two better apartment in a major city.
Speaker 2: What is.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 1: I feel like I want to say a two better an apartment. Let's look this up. Let's go on, Zilo. I don't know why this is fun. I mean, this is interesting to me.
Speaker 2: I'm actually pretty interested. Then it's to pick. Yeah, it's again, let's no, it's to me, it's very interesting because I think about this all the time, like, yeah, how bad of living situation is in America? Because everybody says pretty bad? So I just want to compare.
Speaker 1: All right, Saint Louis, Missouri. All right, let's do this. Hold on Saint Louis, Missouri. Uh, Saint Louis simmo. Okay, here we go. All right, a right, this is this is like fuck all right for rent all we're gonna do beds, two bedroom all right, maximum fourteen hundred bucks. All right, oh shaka, you know what, it's kind of really yeah, you can you can get a two bedroom apartment. Hold on, all right, I'm looking at zillo right now. Yeah, there's places in Saint Louis, Missouri you can get a two bed like look, this is a nice two bedroom apartment for wow, like one thousand bucks a month. This is here's one for twelve hundred one point alright. So the cost, yes, so the cost of living. Yeah, if what you're telling me is true. And yeah, what you tell me is true. And the cost of a two bedroom apartment in the second largest city in Czech Republic is twelve hundred dollars a month. That from this very quick Zillow search, it looks like you can get pretty much the same thing in Saint Louis, Missouri, which has seventy five percent of the population.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I just want to say that yearly, the average check salary is like twenty.
Speaker 1: K twenty thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 2: A year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sucks. That sucks for you guys at the Czech Republic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bro, what the fuck? I didn't even know how fucking vent it is.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Is it really cost to that and that? Wait? So you so the average salary in what is it? Bruno?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Oh love Bruno, I don't know what average Wait.
Speaker 1: The average salary in bro Is is twenty thousand. Is the equivalent of twenty thousand dollars. The average salary and bro is the equivalent of twenty thousand dollars a year, two US a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, pretty much. Yeah, and then the.
Speaker 1: Cost of a two better apartment is twelve hundred a month. Yeah, that's the same. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the don't know what the average salary is in I don't know what the average salary is in Saint Louis, Missouri, but it's absolutely got to be more than twenty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you are I guess if you are like good in America, you you make like one hundred K, you'll know, like you're pretty comfortable. No, I don't know. I sometimes I listen today for ends Day and that's the conclusion I came to.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, that's crazy, I guess. Uh yeah, yeah, that's pretty crazy. That's crazy. That's crazy for you guys.
Speaker 2: So I'm telling you how are Americans getting broke? Bro wow?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, okay wait tell me this. Okay, twenty thousand dollars a year? What's your guys? Do you guys? What's your guys healthcare situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well yeah, I mean yeah, that's true. These things we.
Speaker 1: Have, like you guys do you guys? Do you guys are pretty healthcare?
Speaker 2: Oh well, we paid in our Texas, but it's it's cheaper than the US deferently, you know, your healthcare is fucking scam.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we we either either you get either you have to pay for healthcare, like I pay like like I'm self employed, so I paid like just three hundred some like three hundred and twenty dollars a month for just healthcare. And then if you have a job usually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I just and yeah, and then we have free schools.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait wait do you guys have free university?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there we go. This is you know, until you were like twenty five, you know, even a free university.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna graduate with an electrical so you're gonna so you're gonna graduate with an electrical engineering degree with zero debt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's well why I'm doing it, right, Because if I just take like, I don't know, five years off, then I have to pay it. But if you don't take any any years off and after high school go straight into UNI and you finish it with no like delays you, it's free.
Speaker 1: Well, how do American Well, actually a couple things. Well, all right, I mean this, sorry, go ahead, you go ahead.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you this. Maybe this will blow your mind.
Speaker 5: This is not.
Speaker 2: It's just my experience or how I see things into Republic. But I think other than you know, how do you say it, like borrowing money for the house or you know, to buy a house. Other than that, I think ninety to eighty percent of people into Republic were never in debt.
Speaker 1: Other than that, who.
Speaker 2: Like that? That isn't really a thing here. They don't have credit cards pretty much, no one has a credit card into the Republic.
Speaker 1: You guys don't have credit cards. In the Czech Republic.
Speaker 2: We have, we have them, but nobody uses them because into Republic there aren't really any benefits to credit cards. I know you have some benefits. They don't. They don't offer any so nobody is actually using them. Everybody has a debit card, nobody car.
Speaker 1: Do you have like a credit score?
Speaker 2: No, that's not a thing here, I and I that's one of the biggest American stemps. No, like credit card? What the fuck is that?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, hed American score. But well, we have a couple of things.
Speaker 3: Is one, Yeah, college is Yeah, I can see it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, college is really fucking expensive. Health if you if it's not part of a if you don't have like a really good employer sponsored plan, healthcare is really expensive. And then also like a lot of a lot of plans like don't come with ship, like dental. And also even if you have a plan like like that, like doctors will just be like, yo, we also did this ship and that call and that wasn't in your insurance, so you got to pay for this, you know, like fuck it. I think a lot of insurance plans don't cover ship. And then also here's a big one. Here's a big one.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Bro broneal what's his name is? Place that's with no with no fucking vowels in it.
Speaker 2: Well, uh what what?
Speaker 1: What where do you live again?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm looking at Burno. I see a picture of a big fat fucking hold on, hold on, b are no, No, it's not a cock. We have got we got a big fat fucking what do you guys have? Hold on? Sorry?
Speaker 2: So this.
Speaker 1: Uh oh a big fat tram. You gotta tram. You gotta something, you know, you know what we got we got. Well, you guys got trams. If you're an American and you don't live in like in in in like yeah, if you live in Saint Louis, Missouri, you gotta have a car. You have health and you gotta go. You got my car insurance, you know if you take a fucking Saint Louis. Like here's the all of all of all of like the major like Americans it is. They all have like public transportation, it's just shitty.
Speaker 2: But like, how can a subway be shipped? Bro?
Speaker 1: How can a subway be How can a subway be shitty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A subway, A subway. A subway can be shitty if it doesn't go to a lot of places and if it's unreliable, or if it's dangerous. Yeah, okay, okay, like that's like that's a that's a huge it's a very European thing to have like safe, reliable, expansive public transportation that's cheap, whereas like we all have to well well I'm I mean one of the reasons York City is because they have public transportation and I hate having a car.
Speaker 2: But like.
Speaker 1: In yeah, in pretty much every American stuff, I think it's uh.
Speaker 2: It's needed to say that gas is very much cheaper in America.
Speaker 1: The gas is cheaper in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because uh, you know, you have you just you're kind of the gas country. No, like you have like you know, gas is just really much more expensive than Czech Republic in comparison to you know, like the salary. Definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it depends where you live, Like if you live in like gas in California is is insane. Uh, but yeah, gas in Saint Louis is. Uh. I don't know. I don't know why I'm talking about gas in Saint Louis. I have no idea, but yeah, I mean there's trade Yeah, that's the thing is there's like there's trade offs with a lot of the ship because you know, Americans because yeah, Americans are always like, We're always looking at Europe being like Americans always looking at Europe being like, damn, you guys have free health care and free like education and free public transport, and then you guys are looking at us being like, damn, you guys got PlayStation five. That's pretty sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I don't want to be dead guy, but I think the well the public perception of America around the world went to it's really really worse than it was maybe like ten twenty years ago. I feel like nobody is really thinking about America as a dream country anymore. I don't want to be like, I don't want to shoot on you, but it's just how it feels like to me.
Speaker 1: No, you're not you ain't you ain't you ain't saying nothing that's blowing anyone's mind. Yeah, but I don't know, we had like whatever I was watching some I was watching some YouTube video that's like it depends on what your bar is, you know. I mean, we're we're living pretty fucking good compared to like, you know, there's plenty of there's plenty of countries that you can look at and say that we're living pretty good. Compared to them. But I don't know who's living the best. I've no, I've been to.
Speaker 2: You know the best. Yeah, definitely the Nordic countries. No, the Nordic countries like three, Sweden, uh, Norway, Norway. I think they have like they I think, Davis, I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Denmark's doing pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah den Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how come everyone's not like, Oh I gotta moved, I gotta go to Denmark.
Speaker 2: Well everyone is. They have immigrant problems. Everybody is doing it. You know that was That's not like the original idea, I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I just have.
Speaker 2: To say I am I really enjoyed this conversation. I really wanted to talk to about everything Irish. I'm so I'm so happy.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy I got This was great. This was I really enjoyed having this conversation. I feel like it was. We learned a lot about we learned about we got meta, we learned about Saint Louis, we talked about life. This is great. This was one for the books. This is one for the books. Obi. You said your name was yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you remember my name? That's crazy?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I well, I forgot it over the course of an hour and then I remembered it. Okay, Obi, send me a fucking Instagram message with all your like you're where you want me to, where you want me to attempt to send this hoodie and then I'm gonna I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, thank you very much, bro.
Speaker 1: Good luck. I still think, uh, I think all right, whether or not you will take the cop I think you are doing. I think what I think. The life you are living is impressive, going to school and working and being a dad. It's hard. It's not easy being a young dad. It's not easy for your partner, girlfriend, fiance, whatever, either. So good luck to you guys, uh, and I will I will see you around the universe. Obi. Is there anything else?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: I say to the people that you before we go, just two.
Speaker 2: Things, one for you, one for the audience for you we have. Actually, I hope you will visit Chica public sometimes because I know you were here, but I don't think on your trip. You've tried our spin off on coke. It's called Cofola, and I think it's better than coke, so you should definitely try it. You can even get it draft in like the pups. Uh. So imagine draft Coca cola. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny about you saying this is that is here sing that there's a drink that's better than coca cola is something that I would fly to another country to experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think, but it's better when you get to the draft in a pub. You need to get the draft in pubs from like the better. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Wait they have they have coca cola. They have what is it called again, cofola?
Speaker 2: Okayo f or how they said O l.
Speaker 1: A And there are pubs are these like like side there there's a and you can go to a pub and you can get this on draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in most pubs you can, and like I would say, like seventy eighty percent pubs, you can get it in Prague definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do they have a cherry version, No, we are not.
Speaker 2: You know, Americans have a lot of different types of maybe coke and stuff, but we have just Cofola original on draft. We have versions in mals but bottled, but just get the draft one. I'm swear it's the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about do they have do they have diet version?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: They have one version, the original.
Speaker 1: I literally I literally I I might actually do this someday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope. And if you do, you know how everybody says, hit me up and maybe I can transfer it to you in Prague when you do your show.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, good.
Speaker 2: I know my English is not the best, but maybe I can get you someone better than me.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's ob obi Obi. I want you to know something. If I thought your English was shitty, I would have hung up on you an hour and a half ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, you had something you wanted to say to the audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to the audience. Treat everybody how you want to be treated yourself.
Speaker 1: Beautiful?
Speaker 2: Thank you, O be good luck, lobb you all, bye bye.
Speaker 1: That was a night. That was a meaty call. That was a meaty call. That was good. I enjoyed that. I enjoyed that very much. We that we that spanned a large let's spanned a long time. That was a good phone call. Shout out to Obi, shout out to the Czech Republic. It's interesting hearing other people's perceptions of America and like, you know, I don't know what life is like in uh other countries and shit, you know, yeah, that's a good call. Do I don't know if I have anything else to say. I feel like we I feel like we left that one all out. I feel like we let that all out on the table.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: I have one other thing to say, which is that you know, this is a fun fact that the area code he called from there was a check area code. Guess what the check area code is?
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm not even you know what. I'm not even gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it on the podcast. I'm just gonna let you, guys, just if you want, if you want to be if you want to if you want to look at you, if you want to look at your phone or computer and say nice, go ahead and search up what the country code is for the Czech Republic. And that's all I'll say. Thank you for listening. Be Get goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night.
Speaker 5: Never peak, cant goes doing the ride.
Speaker 1: He's teaching you his housing, your life, but he's not really an expert.