Speaker 1: We are back in Las Vegas, our home away from home, celebrating our second annual WrestleMania weekend as Pod meets World, but this year without one writer or strong.
Speaker 2: Now we're doing it right, doing it right.
Speaker 3: He swears he was excited to come, but then he ended up teaching a class back in La the day of our interviews, despite supposedly having the day blocked on our calendar since January a weekend.
Speaker 2: I didn't know it was the weekend. It was a Thursday, kind of How did I know about this months ago?
Speaker 3: Saying no, it's sad that when we tell talked about it, we just told him the dates of the actual WrestleMania event, which he has a Saturday and Sunday. So not wrong, okay, And so he had Friday markdown for travel. No, you if you had a calendar invite, I had one. You don't even know what a calendar is.
Speaker 4: On your phone.
Speaker 2: My phone literally kept saying, don't forget you're driving to Vegas this weekend. Don't forget you pick up the car. I'm like, oh god, yeah, so yeah, riders, that's not accurate.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just myself and Will this time around, and we are going to be interviewing some of the most popular superstars in the WWE universe. We are just hours away from the two biggest nights in sports entertainment. That is not hyperbole.
Speaker 2: No, it's huge. It is.
Speaker 4: It's huge, the biggest sporting event of the year.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 4: I mean we got in last night.
Speaker 3: Will I'm going to assume, since you didn't magically invent a class you had to teach today, that you are excited to be here.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited to be here. I Las Vegas is now become our whole away from home, it really is. That's that's off putting.
Speaker 4: It's off putting for you, right, Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: A huge Las Vegas fan, and driving in and knowing where to go freaked me out. You're like, all right where It's like, I gotta take a left on Las Vegas ball? Oh my god? How do I know that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh, did you gamble at all? And you had in last night?
Speaker 2: Now I don't gamble. I don't really drink anymore, so it's kind of like, what's.
Speaker 4: What is the point in Vegas? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like big, lavish shows, so it's kind of like what I I got. I went downstairs. I had eight hundred and seventy five dollars salad.
Speaker 4: Oh, which is great in Las Vegas. Love how expensive it is?
Speaker 2: Again, it's awful. And then I watched Survivor.
Speaker 3: Oh, because you're doing they were doing a Survivor Popa're.
Speaker 2: Zooming in for that. So I guess he didn't have class that time.
Speaker 3: Nope, nopere carving out an hour, very sketchy the whole.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I also have not gambled, which what I no? I listen, this is how you know I'm actually legitimately tired. I worked all day yesterday. I got up at five am, worked in Newport Beach all day, and then my flight landed in Vegas late, like close to ten pm. I walked off the plane, walked into the hotel and just put my eyemask on and went to sleep.
Speaker 2: Well, you're also doing all that on fourteen calories, so true. Yeah, I'm amazed you're awake.
Speaker 3: Honestly, yesterday I ate one time I had a salad from Goop Kitchen, which I don't know if you've ever heard of Goop kitchen?
Speaker 2: Is that? This is that the Gina Ball lady.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, right, sure is. And so I had a vagina all salad.
Speaker 2: Nice, and that's worth eight hundred bucks. Now you're now you're speaking my language, beast. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Well.
Speaker 3: Like I mentioned, we're here for WrestleMania forty two. My kids and I are very much looking forward to it. You too can watch it on ESPN and the US Netflix internationally.
Speaker 4: Will do you want to hear some of the card?
Speaker 2: Heck?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay.
Speaker 3: We have on Saturday a fatal four way tag team match for the women's tag title.
Speaker 4: I don't know who's gonna die, but some are going to say is literally or three leave? Correct?
Speaker 2: I'm watching?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: We have Nia Jackson Lash Legend versus Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss, Oh your favorite? You love Alexa List and I get along very versus Bailey and Lyra val Kira versus the Bella Twins.
Speaker 4: That sounds fatal, it does.
Speaker 2: Well. Here's the thing. Here's how I know how popular these people are. I've heard of most of them. Right, exactly seriously means something because it's like not really understanding wrestling, just learning the sport, right, actually knowing these people they're out of the wrestling lexicon, like they're in the zeitgeist of the world. They truly are. I know most of those people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hit know most of the people we're interviewing, too, which makes me very it's kind of cool. So for the Women's Intercontinental Championship, it's a j Lee versus Becky Lynch the man.
Speaker 4: She goes by the man?
Speaker 2: Do you have favorites?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you trying not to talk about who your favorites? And all these people are like who you want to win?
Speaker 4: Are you not trying to talk about it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Are hoping they're going to lose?
Speaker 4: Well? No, not. I don't hope anybody loses. I just want the best match.
Speaker 3: But there are people I'm interviewing that I'm going to have a very hard time.
Speaker 4: Keeping my cool around.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: I am a massive, massive fan of some of the names we're interviewing today.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the undisputed Women's title is on the line when champion Stephanie Vakirir and pod meets world champion Live Morgan face off in a very tense battle.
Speaker 4: Did you see what happened to Live's head last week?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Last week Live in Roxanne were backstage and they were facing off in a tense word battle. Somebody walked up behind Live bumped into her and they smashed foreheads so hard. The next day, Live posted a picture on Instagram. She has somewhere between a golf ball size and a tennis ball size.
Speaker 4: Not I mean, just.
Speaker 2: So this wasn't was the bump supposed to happen?
Speaker 4: Was supposed to happen, And they actually.
Speaker 3: Take a look at this, Oh can you believe that?
Speaker 2: Oh that's horrifying.
Speaker 3: We will post it on our Podmeats World Stories for anybody who wants to take a look at what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh is she going to be able to wrestle?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: They were on.
Speaker 3: A massive like concussion for a call. Yeah, but I think by now a full week later, they are good to go. They've gotten the thumbs up.
Speaker 2: They will But do we know who bumped into who?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, just slam just based.
Speaker 4: A headbutt, just a head bud between the two.
Speaker 3: Bikes and the very controversial main event for Night one is champion Cody Rhodes versus Randy Orton with our friend adjacent ESPN personality Pat McAfee well, your friend in his corner. Yeah, he doesn't know where you are. He does, he didn't know who you were.
Speaker 4: He just didn't know who you were that time.
Speaker 5: It was so funny to see he me like a heartfelt apologize. He because he does love you. He was like that was oh my gosh, I feel awful.
Speaker 4: I am so sorry.
Speaker 2: So he like looked into the cameras like, dude, I just I want to apologize. It's fine. Yeah, unrecognized. They don't recognize me half the time.
Speaker 4: For those of you who are just you know, didn't not unaware.
Speaker 3: Last year we went to the premiere of WWE RAW on Netflix and uh yeah they Pat McAfee mentioned that I was there, didn't know it was mister Wilfordell seat four C right next to me. So and from night one we are going to be talking to Charlotte Flair and a J Lee unbelievable. Night two Sunday we have Obafemi versus brock lesnar New versus Old Guard.
Speaker 2: I watch you used to watch Brock not only wrestle but in the UFC, Like I watched him from his days.
Speaker 4: He's a small man, you know.
Speaker 2: Well. One of the funniest things I heard was one of the commentators might have been Rogan. I forget who who said it doesn't matter what generation you put listener in. They're like, if he was in the fifteen hundreds, he would have been on a horse of the battle act. Yes, he's just that guy. Yeah, so yeah, watching him fight, actually fight was borderline scary because you kind of put yourself in the octagon where it's like, you get this guy charging you.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I know, uh huh not for me.
Speaker 3: Brock has been untouchable for years, but the rookie Obafemi is a monster and could threaten that reputation. So it's gonna that's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Uh. When I've been out in the world and people obviously know I'm a wrestling fan, that's the That's the match.
Speaker 4: Everyone talks to me. Really Yeah, everyone's been like, what do you think?
Speaker 2: And that's night too.
Speaker 4: That's the that's night too.
Speaker 2: Is Why was the first one, the Ricky Orton fight? Why is that controversial?
Speaker 3: Uh So, Pat McAfee is the one who made that controversial. Basically, if you want to know the behind the scenes tea, it seems as though are Immanuel an agent who kind of is somebody who has you know, puppet Master strings behind the scenes, represents Pat McAfee, and he has somehow shoehorned Pat McAfee into a match. He's not just the commentator. He's now in the corner of Randy Orton and people do not like it. And and one of the things that made me love wrestling and makes me love wrestling is the fact that the fans are very influential and when they don't like something, they have no problem telling you. And there has been a massive uprising about Pat McAfee being in this match.
Speaker 4: So in a bad way there, like get him the f out of there.
Speaker 3: So it's very interesting for us who you know, friendship adjacent with the Pat McAfee. So back to Sunday night, there's a ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship Penta. This is Penta, We're big Penta fans. This isn't the actual Okay, a ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship Penta versus Javon Evans versus Dragon Lee versus j D McDonough versus Russ versus Ray Mysterio that is, and they're all.
Speaker 2: They have to try to climb the ladder right correct, and usually the ladder falls, somebody use it to bludge in somebody else.
Speaker 3: The ladder will definitely follow. The ladder will be used as a weapon. There will probably be other things brought out from under the ring. I would imagine there will be some chairs. Who knows what else is be happening here. Another very exciting championship match, The women's champion, Jade Cargill will face Riha Ripley.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 2: We do do we know? Did we meet her?
Speaker 4: No? I that's one of the people I am a massive fan of.
Speaker 2: Are we interviewing saw Ria.
Speaker 4: Ripley last year?
Speaker 3: She is stunningly gorgeous, dark dark hair, I know, covered in tattoos, could easily hoist you over her.
Speaker 4: Head and slam you down. I know I'm not going to stop her.
Speaker 2: There Are we interviewing her?
Speaker 4: We sure are.
Speaker 2: That's how I know her name.
Speaker 3: I read it on the thing that said okay, that's out, prep okay, okay uh.
Speaker 4: And the main event, let's not forget the main event.
Speaker 3: WWE champ Cmpunk, who's right here. You've already commented that you don't think this looks like Cmpunk's skin tone.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I didn't remember cmpunk being black.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's true, a valid point.
Speaker 3: Okay, So cm Punk is going head to head with Roman Reigns over here also known as OTC.
Speaker 2: Now Rains is the Rock's cousin. That's right, and he's the one who's now kind of the leader of the tribe. Correct, acknowledge me, acknowledge me from the tribe. He was supposed to be a good guy, but then people did not like him at all.
Speaker 4: Get a big heel turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he came back and now people dig him. And at the Netflix thing, we saw the Rock got into the ring and kind of like officially passed the torch and did all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: My shit, you really do know your ship.
Speaker 3: And now that he's passed the torch, and boy is there an ego?
Speaker 2: Oh really well, I mean look at him, even in doll form, he's gorgeous. So what do you know?
Speaker 4: It is true, he's so good looking. It's hard.
Speaker 2: I had that body for a day, I'd be the most egotistical human ever.
Speaker 3: You'd be insufferable with that body. It'd be the best, it'd be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there would not be small enough speedos to wear to just show the rest of the body.
Speaker 3: Just really just short shorts, you know, just like no covering too much of that body.
Speaker 4: So at night two from Night too, we are sitting in Night.
Speaker 3: There's two nights okay, we will be sitting down with rear Ripley and Champion CM Punk. Plus you never know what surprises WrestleMania weekend holds, and we have our own surprise as well, on a mission to exterminate the wwe of toxic masculinity. He's also had some issues with our good pal Danausen recently.
Speaker 4: We will also be chatting with Kit Wilson. You are toxic. I just want you to know.
Speaker 3: That it is a packed weekend filled with some big names for podmeats World.
Speaker 4: What do you think writers teaching right now?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's he's on our three of why Platoon Wasn't as good as Full Metal Jacket or if you look at the second.
Speaker 3: I want to I want to imagine him like still talking about the Civil War, a Lafini, you know, in a college clad.
Speaker 2: He's got the thing, do you see. I always see him with a half an eaten apple for some reason, of course, and he's sitting on the edge of his desk with his feet up as a cool guy.
Speaker 3: And he's got he's got the elbow elbows pulled up exactly and he's just taking a bite occasionally going like walk me through, Citizen Kane, acords through.
Speaker 2: All the kid's names are weird now it's never like by Kayden. So, yeah, exactly, Hudson, tell me about what you think that kind of thing. Yeah, that's what I see a rider doing.
Speaker 4: I know, I as you.
Speaker 2: What I see rider doing is still a sleep laughing that we thought he had class today.
Speaker 3: He'd he's like, ah, sleeping in, sleeping in. Well, well, we are returning home to watch the big event from the comfort of our couches, so we only have twenty four hours away. Is there anything in Las Vegas that you are looking forward to doing? I know Vegas isn't exactly your town, but on this trip, is there anything you're looking forward to?
Speaker 2: At noon today, I have a one hundred minute massage, do you I absolutely do, and it's going to be the best hundred minutes of the last several months of my life.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I'm so excited for you. Did we get reservations to jim Conna?
Speaker 2: We did. So We're also going to jim Conna tonight, which is my Sue and I fly to London just for this restaurant.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know we had that reservation. And now I'm so stoked. Remember I only ate once yesterday.
Speaker 4: I'm starving. I never even ate dinner.
Speaker 3: I had a hard time falling asleep lass night because my stomach was growling.
Speaker 4: Literally, I was like, oh, I didn't eat.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk.
Speaker 4: We're gonna anyway.
Speaker 2: The Poppa Dums. It's the butter chicken. You're just gonna want to live in the chicken.
Speaker 4: I want to live in Trader Joe's Frozen butter.
Speaker 2: Chicken, which it was just recalled for having gravel and glass. And really every time something from Trader Joe's and it's always the weirdest thing that's there, it's like it's got ground tires in it. They had to bring it back.
Speaker 4: I've never heard that coffee you're making that.
Speaker 2: I'm not here. It was the some of the big goods had gravel in it, so that was brought und. There was ground glass, and so it's yeah, I love Trader Joe's.
Speaker 4: Very tarnish.
Speaker 2: Trader Joe's it's amazing me too. There's stuff in it that's and it's always weird, stuff like broken hypodermic needles. It's never like listeria. It's always like yeah bottles.
Speaker 4: Okay, So all right.
Speaker 3: Well, we will be releasing podcasts live from Las Vegas throughout the weekend getting you ready for WrestleMania forty two. Stay tuned to our feed for all of the content, and remember to watch all of the action this weekend on ESPN or Netflix internationally. What are your go to snacks when watching something like an all day event from home?
Speaker 2: It depends where I am in my eating journey. Okay, yeah, if I'm trying to be healthier, I love a good popcorn and there's not a ton of calories, so you can sit there and just munch some corn. If I've kind of thrown caution into the wind, Homemade nachos, potato skins delicious.
Speaker 4: Why haven't I ever thought to make potato skins at home?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you should. And the greatest thing in the world is so take baby bells, you know, this wonderful cheese egg egg wash, and then panco spray it a little bit in the deep fire and you're making homemade light mazzarella sticks.
Speaker 4: There will You've just changed my life for the best.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you get the baby bell, you roll them in an eggwash, then you roll them in the panco crubs and you put them in their fry.
Speaker 2: I think it's flour too, flower egg wash? No flour, egg wash, panko in the air fire spray it with a little cooking spray, and then in for a couple of minutes and they come out and you get the cheese poll and everything. It's magic.
Speaker 4: When are you going to have us over for smash burgers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to do that as well.
Speaker 4: I know you because we still haven't had your fried rice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, there's a lot that when you're getting a new car, so you're going to pick me up after you take you once a month.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not eating once a month. I mean at least once a day.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I want I want to eat more.
Speaker 2: I take your driving the new car too, Okay, great, it'll be nice. I get it next week.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited for you. Do you want to I don't think our listeners know about that.
Speaker 2: No, we talked about it. We talked about the last thing. Yeah, it's my first car in six years.
Speaker 4: I know, that's right, first car. I was very happy, very exciting. I'm so excited for you.
Speaker 3: You deserve it because you you you like to treat Susan.
Speaker 2: I do's my favorite thing to buy. I don't ever buy anything.
Speaker 4: Much, and you don't, you really don't.
Speaker 3: You You actually like growl when you have to buy something.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh, a.
Speaker 2: Shirt for an event. I hate it, I know, But I love buying stuff for her.
Speaker 4: That's like I really do. You're always like I want to get to a purse, get to a piece of jewelry.
Speaker 2: I do. I love that. It makes me happy to make her happy. And that's why she was the one who was really like you. She gets, I know.
Speaker 3: And it is true that cars do bring you a lot of joy, which is it is a hard thing to like regularly splur John, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get another car. Yeah what car am I getting this weekend?
Speaker 4: So I'm glad you did it.
Speaker 2: It's been six years. I'm very excited, and it's coming from Florida and it's on the truck right now.
Speaker 3: So I'm will you allow us to post a picture of your baby on the pod meets.
Speaker 4: We'll see Yeah, okay, yeah, I see she's comfortable with it. Y. Yeah. She may be the type to not like fame.
Speaker 2: She might not. She might want to be left alone, left She's German, so you never know.
Speaker 4: She needs a German name.
Speaker 2: She does get it Olga pop into hop into Olga. She comes all come with.
Speaker 4: Thank you all for listening to this episode of Pod Meets World.
Speaker 3: As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com, and we've got merch When.
Speaker 2: You're looking for merchandise, try Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's known for their wonderful food and that crunch.
Speaker 3: Pod Meets Worldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 2: We love you all, even Roman reigns pod dismissed.
Speaker 3: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and writer Strong. Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor Tara sudbachsch producer Maddie Moore engineer and Boy meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Pod Meets World Show or email us at Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com