Speaker 1: What's up everyone on Toy Deal And I'm Anissa Ferreira and this is MTV's official challenge podcast. Let's talk about this episode, starting with roll.
Speaker 2: With It, Tory, are you a cowgirl? And we don't know it? Can you lasso?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Absolutely not. I would have shipped the bet on this.
Speaker 2: I would have pulled a JH the car.
Speaker 4: I would have shit the car. I would have farted my way to the other end to like a rocket. I'm just kidding, But you know what this challenge really reminded me of. Have you ever watched like Nickelodeon, like when you were Nick Junior when the kids would run down the aisles and the game was to put as much in the shopping cart as you can get. And then that's what this reminded me of.
Speaker 1: Like it looked so fun, I mean yeah, and then also irritating and frustrating, like Jay ended up pushing himself to the end. He said, well, if I can't lasso, he went right by Ace, who was like, I've got this in the bag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ace was like smooth mooten shooting cowboy shooting, yeah, yeah, lassoing his life away and then Jay just rolls on by yeah, but this is perfect for Jay because you know who wants to go in and get their star he does, Jay does Ja, yes, and Laurel's safe for the women, but it's not a girl's day. So and like Laurel said, this was one of those games to her that seemed fun. She excels at that kind of stuff. She doesn't really freak out, she just enjoys it.
Speaker 1: But I think that's what it should be, Like, I think they should all like be that like elevated fun stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was hilarious watching Veronica describe it.
Speaker 2: She was like, also, Lasso, who even lassos?
Speaker 1: Could you imagine Veronica like on a on a Saturday night, like, yeah, guys, I'm not gonna come out for like drinks or dinner.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna just go Lasso.
Speaker 1: Just just go down corral and just lasso.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in the middle group, Yeah, who is in the middle group Adam carr, ar Ace, Leroy.
Speaker 4: And then Avery. Avery was in there too.
Speaker 2: Who are the losers?
Speaker 4: The losers were Leroy, Steve, Ryan, right.
Speaker 1: And somehow even though Ryan wants to go in, finagels his way out of it and has so many people that have his back. I mean, just hats off to making relationships and playing a social game the benefits that can have, you know, when you have friends.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm not surprised at all. But at the same time, like it was like that Ace relationship, Like Ryan pulled an ace out of his back pocket, That's really what it was.
Speaker 1: He was like, I have one more card to play, yes, and this is it. So Steven Lee ran up getting voted in. They get to the elimination. What's it called shish kickshkak see I knew shishkastak, not to be confused with shshkibab, which I think that that is a play off of what they were doing by putting those cylindrical objects on skewers.
Speaker 4: Considering that like you, Bob and Water, I feel like Shishka Bob could have worked to do but like whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, but they had to stack the colors. Hey, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 1: And you have Steve who's already been in twice against Jay, who, as he said, was like considerably younger a firefighter, but also colorblind and has has a nose issue.
Speaker 4: Can we just remind because like I did not think Jay was going to go.
Speaker 1: In for a minute, I didn't think until he was like, I think Jay has a lot of pressure too, Like, yeah, I know that he quit that one thing, Like what would he look like if he didn't keep his word too? I don't think he wanted to go like say, there's not another men's elimination and this is it and he doesn't go When he doesn't get his chance, you have to live with two things. One you fucked up your chance and two people are gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like you're a coward. Still, Yeah, and I don't.
Speaker 1: I think that Jay is in a really different place in his life and he's worked for years to get rid of that image. And I think that he's been doing really well on the season and it speaks volumes to who he is when he's like, you know what, even though this might not be in you know, my wheelhouse, I'm still gonna do it just so I am a man of my word, just so I can keep my integrity.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I think that was that was a big move for him in terms of his challenge career, Like, I think he needed that in order to kind of get that respect back, and I think that he earned it even TJ said it, you know obviously right before he left. But I mean, watching them compete in the elimination, I'm not gonna lie. I had my money on Steve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steve was in there doing his thing Aquaman style.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is obviously his third elimination, so I think that he's got a sense of calmness. This is Jay's first elimination ever. Yeah, I mean, there's just a lot of pressure. There's a lot of pressure on him.
Speaker 1: I'm just mad that they didn't put like drinks or something in there, just to like, if.
Speaker 2: They knew Jay was gonna do it, then.
Speaker 4: Imagine Jay walks up, it's actually you.
Speaker 1: Have to drink the entire pool and it's made out of fish guts and water or yikes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know what, at least he didn't have to face that again. But it was still a bummer that he faced something that defeated him because obviously Jay ends up going home and we are very as TJ would say, dangerously.
Speaker 2: Close to the final so for moments away.
Speaker 4: Moments away, But I I can't lie. It was interesting to see the way Steve went about stealing the star. What did you Setty.
Speaker 1: Petty, Steve, Petty Petty Aquaman said, yeah, I'm gonna take thy star that I want it.
Speaker 2: Well, wait, he gets a star and he steals a star, right.
Speaker 4: He's stolen two stars now.
Speaker 1: Sheesh cobab Yeah. So he then gives the star to Ace from taking it from Adam, Like, there you go, Adam.
Speaker 4: Ace also voted for.
Speaker 1: Steve, right, and the other thing is Jay could have taken Steve's place, like it, Who are you really mad at?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I mean, honestly, I think at the end of the day, if you go into an elimination and you win the elimination, and I mean that's what you get for winning, You're you're entitled to do however you please. I think I was most shocked by the reaction that Adam had. I he was. I mean, we've had him on.
Speaker 2: The podcast and the sweetest thing I've ever wanted.
Speaker 1: All I wanted to do was get a hug from him in the morning and be sent off to school. And he literally he literally turned for a second, which I thought was awesome to see that, Like there's a little spice in there. There's competitive Adam who he talked about it like kind of no nonsense.
Speaker 4: Adam the garudge keeper. He is going to hold that grudge till the end of time. And I think it's safe to say that the men on the men's side, they finally produced a good, solid episode because the women have been absolutely dominating this season, so it's it's been a nice refreshing change to see the guys kind of go at it for a little bit. In terms of who you want to give the All Star two of this episode, and he said, who are you leaning towards?
Speaker 1: I mean, I kind of want to give it to Jay won the challenge, You kept your word, and you did your best despite how the odds were stacked.
Speaker 2: Get it, the odds were stacked against you.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give it to him because I think that he's felt starless for a while, you know, so it's nice to give him the one that he fought.
Speaker 2: For and didn't get.
Speaker 4: I'm I agree with that and just gonna give mine to someone else, because you know that's boring to give it to the same person. I'm gonna give it to Steve because he won a start elimination and that's really difficult and he's still in the game and he's created some new fresh drama for us. Excited about that and seeing how that's gonna unravel. So I think Steve deserves the star as well. Who would you give the no star to?
Speaker 1: I mean it's gonna go to several people, to everyone who did not finish that challenge, to people who are still in their carts to this day sitting in South Africa, you do not get a star.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. I think that that makes sense. I also think that no, yeah, I think it's to everybody. I don't really have somebody.
Speaker 1: To give it to, Like, yeah, it was a pretty good episode where people really try to put their best best lass so forward.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah they did, and a lot of people failed. But you know who didn't fail in terms of making incredible political plays and saving himself from an elimination. That would be Ryan Keyo. And we are so lucky to have him on the podcast to come on and talk about his sober journey, his amazing experience on this challenge, and maybe he'll drop some tea on if he gets a star. So stay tuned after this because we have an awesome interview coming right up. Okay, enough of that, let's get back.
Speaker 2: To the show, all right, folks.
Speaker 1: We are at that part in the podcast where we get to interview someone. This man, his original show was Fresh Meat and he's been on All Stars two times now. Welcome back, Ryan Keho.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me in my fifties. Now. I filmed that when I was in my forties.
Speaker 2: So what was it like to watch this back?
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of time has passed, so I haven't really thought about it and watching it just now, like I have that same feeling of like, if I only knew what the elimination was going to be, I would have jumped right the fucking because even though I had an injured shoulder, I knew that Jay was colorblind. I knew that he had a septum situation, but there was no way to predict it, you know. And I'm thinking it's the last male elimination they're going to have, like a pole wrestle. I was waiting for like a hall brawl, right. Yes, I knew what a beast Jay was, and I know myself, I was scared, you know, and I had a possibility and I definitely punked out a little bit.
Speaker 4: But I think that definitely speaks to why you decided to not go into that elimination because you know, obviously you're at a point in the game where you need to go in, right. But even before we get into this, I do want to because you had mentioned your sober journey a little bit. I want to talk about that because I mean, Anissa and I when we watched that episode, are you talking about how this was a season for you of coming on and being sober? We were just like so inspired by that. We know how difficult it is in a Challenge house. Yeah, to be sober around people. Talk to us a little bit about that. What allowed you to want to share that on screen? And how has it been going since.
Speaker 3: It's been going good two years? In May? Yeah, at the time movie film That's it was eight months. So I was still kind of like, you know, white knuckling a little bit. But I feel great. I feel amazing, and honestly like being asked back to do All Stars, being cast as like the young, promiscuous party boy, everyone make out shots like I was the guy that's like, let's fucking put our dicks in each other. I don't care who you are, And so what's my role on the challenge if I'm not that? So I had a little bit of an identity crisis, but I think the beautiful thing about All Stars is showing evolution, right, Like I did five seasons back in my twenties, and then I was not called and at like most people in the challenge world, you're kind of like set off into the world and you get asked back or you don't, and if you don't, you have to figure out your life, right not waiting for the phone call and you're not waiting for relevance or you know, like approval, you know, or like oh mom, I'm doing another show to get off my back so that I can finally get my shit together in life. So I had fifteen years of just pushing things to the limit, like abusing my body, having unprotected sex, doing a lot of drugs, like New York City, like my dad. So there was that grief and who wants to feel the grief? You want to keep like numbing. So I was really like nine lives, like a fucking osceolat Like, I definitely pushed myself to almost the point of no return and many occasions, and I think after I did All Stars two, I knew that I was an alcoholic and I knew that I was going into the house white knuckling it because production didn't know Derek, who was my closest person in the house, didn't know. The people in my inner circle in New York that saw me day to day knew I had a problem. There were whispers happening. There was never an intervention because I'm way too smart and manipulative to make that like a situation that would happen. Wow, it was getting to the point where I was so exhausted and I did my medical for All Stars two and didn't know I was diabetic for years, probably had no fucking idea. And had I not done the blood work for All Starts too, I wouldn't have known that I was living with diabetes for like probably years. And it wasn't just the drinking. It was like actually type two at the time. Now I'm confirmed on type one, so I've probably had it since my twenties. God knows why I'm still here and how I'm still here, And now I manage it. My blood sugar levels are amazing and I take into it and I have a blood sugar monitor. So my mortality was presented to me on a platter like you're gonna die, kid, Like, do you want to make the next half of your life mean something. Yeah, it was a no brainer. Honestly, it was the hardest thing I ever did. But like the rewards have been endless.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's like liver pancreas a diabet. I mean, it's just a fun it's a recipe for does it? I mean I can't. Your levels are probably great because there's zero booze too, yeah, which totally helps out. Well, I'm happy that you're still with us and providing entertainment and still wearing manliner because fucking pirate, Like, who's Ryan without without his liner? But I love the friendship that you and Derek have, and I'm sure it's great to have like a support system now that you're more open with your story. I know that you guys did All Stars two together. How excited were you to do four with him?
Speaker 3: Well? All Stars too was like not our finest season. You know, he was first out, I was second out. I quite honestly volunteer to be team captain because I knew there was an opportunity for me to get out of the game, because I knew I had to go home and correct some shit. I want to like expose my addiction on national television. I wasn't ready, you know, And so I got out of the game on my terms by volunteering to be captain on a team that I knew was going to lose. Eric had just lost his sister, oh yeah, like me, very very close to the time that we were filming. So him and I like reunited in life at a time where he was grieving so hard and I was in so much pain, and I didn't know that I was just about to like surrender and get help and get over. So we were both on the precipice of something devastating but also beautiful. And he has been like such a rider die in my sobriety. I mean, it's not like he stopped drinking because of me. He doesn't have a problem, but like he championed for me so hard, Like he organized with production to have a fucking cake for me on my sober bursary and and a sugar free cake. None the leg i'd hear to my diabetes. But you know, like I stood for him with the loss of his sister, and we just greet together, We laughed together. We hold each other accountable. We just I think on these shows, especially you see if there's if they happen to like cast more than one gay It's like there can only be one of us, because that's how gay culture is. It's like grow up in a small town, you move to a big city, you finally get acceptance, and then you tear each other down. That's how gay men are. It's like cutthroat, you know, it's like competitive and it's jealousy and it's I've seen it on the shows. I personally never opted to be like that. Derek and I are like minded in the fact that yo, we both get to shine. There's a room for both of us at the table. Two people can make it to the fucking two gay men can make it to a final and support each other. Because I was killing it in the first half of the season, and then Derek was killing it in the second half, and like Cam had Leroy, I had fucking Derek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was your work life, That's right, dude.
Speaker 4: When he's sitting up when you guys are sitting on the lawn and he's like, I'm gonna buy him a house and we're gonna have nine cats and we're just gonna drink coffee and spilty, I'm like, dude.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's what I want to do.
Speaker 3: Get more for lesbians. I don't like cats.
Speaker 2: Dogs, that's fine, but we can I'm with the dogs.
Speaker 3: We can have a cove all, that's true. I don't mind cats.
Speaker 4: I thought it was really sweet though, and it's really yeah, lovely to see you guys be together in a show for longer than two episodes. And I remember when we we had either you or we had Derek on the podcast, I can't remember, and then one.
Speaker 3: Of you showed up.
Speaker 4: I think it was, Oh, we had Derek on and you were in the background of the part.
Speaker 3: I was like drinking in the background in Phoenix, like I.
Speaker 1: Remember, Yeah, so long ago Agoah.
Speaker 4: It feels like it, and I'm sure All Stars feels even longer to you. I mean, like watching it back seeing the challenge that had to happen during this episode, do you even like remember what it was like to be there? Did it take you right back into that daily challenge? And what was it like to last out with those shopping.
Speaker 3: Carts fucking wonder woman in this bitch. You know what's so funny is like I got the first lasso on my first throw, and I was the first person to pull up and I looked around and everyone was struggling, and I was like, I fucking got this. I'm gonna kill it. And then I didn't realize that like the hill itself, it was like a very small incline, but these laundry carts were so sensitive in the wheel department that like any slight move you would just roll back. But you know, I was going against gravity and also against my own ability to fucking last, so like two lassos.
Speaker 2: I know, Ronica said it perfectly. She's like, I've never look at me, like, have never had one passo yo the ting.
Speaker 3: At one point, like ronic, when I were struggling and we were right next to each other, she threw her lasso to me and I grabbed it and pulled her up to.
Speaker 2: I never thought about that.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant A men's day though, Like why am I helping her?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I can't, but this is the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Was there a strategy here?
Speaker 1: Because I know watching it back, like there's a lot of conversation in interviews in hindsight, people are like, you know, I want to be in the bottom. I want to be in the thing. There's really no incentive to win because Jay's right there, He's already won. He wants to go in for sure? You want to go in? Were you like, you know what, maybe I'll lose?
Speaker 3: A no, no, because I'm way too competitive. I'm way too competitive for that, Like I don't want to go out looking like a punk. And quite honestly, I was so in my own world and zone that I didn't even like. I just kept seeing Kara Maria behind me, and I was like, okay, I am doing better than hers. Therefore, I'm like, you know, I'm good, right, Like I didn't pay attention. We were further away from each other, so all I saw is Veronica like in the backpack, and then Kara like like one thing behind me. So I'm like, I'm not doing bad. And I couldn't tell who finished. So when I last owed my last three really quickly, I didn't realize that I was the last man because there were still girls on the right, okay, so sense It wasn't until I fell out of my body cart with like exhaustion that I realized.
Speaker 1: Not falling out that just exhausted from a hard day of lassoing.
Speaker 3: No wonder Woman naps.
Speaker 1: So I want to know this, I mean, watching it clearly is way different than being there physically. How were the challenges this season, I guess compared to All Stars too, compared to the last show you did, How did you feel about the challenges this season?
Speaker 3: They were more fun?
Speaker 2: We like fun.
Speaker 3: They were more Yeah, it was like it was more how the challenge was like in our day where it there are some that are grueling and you like are winded and you need like a day to like recoup. But like, these were all bad yard games on steroids and you get to play and it's fun and it's funny, and if you're killing it, then you have the opportunity to finish and watch other people struggle, which is always entertaining. But I think the camaraderie collectively was more unified and less like us versus them, me versus the world. Like it felt like you were championing people that weren't even necessarily your friends, because at the end of the day, we're like forty five year olds, you know, lassoing poles, right, laundry cards, Like, we're not that cool, America?
Speaker 2: Are that cool?
Speaker 3: Right? Oh?
Speaker 4: We are?
Speaker 3: We are? We are?
Speaker 4: If you're telling me that the nearest Walmart parking lot isn't going to be lined up with family.
Speaker 2: I think you're playing Lasso Kart today.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, try it at home, kids.
Speaker 4: This is gonna help.
Speaker 1: They have to pad up, they have to pad up, pads, helmet, elbow.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, obviously in the beginning of this episode, we saw that you have your ride or Die and the people that you're working with. But I want to know because it gets a little confusing in this episode. Least I think for me, we're the fine lines of the alliances lie. It seems like a lot of people are working with certain people. Like we get to see this budding friendship with you and Ace that kind of comes up out of the blue, which we yeah, can can we get into that a little bit?
Speaker 3: Because Okay, I love him. He is like he is a fucking like angel in some ways, but he's also like the weirdest person I know. This this literally stems back to All Stars one. I was an alternate. It thought we were.
Speaker 2: All in that.
Speaker 3: Yes we were. It was the peak of COVID and so we had a quarantine in Argentina for ten days and I was on the fifth floor of that hotel facility. He was on the first floor, so he had a window that faced an alley, and like I was like laying out naked in my room every day, and you would talk to each other because it was ten days. It's a long time to be isolated, and you know, I got to know the back of his head just looking out the window. And he's a hungry, straight guy, and I, you know, really drank my calories at that point. So he would run out of snacks in the hotel room and I would just throw him all of my snacks and he would like put his arms out desperately on the concrete, like that was his love language. Like Ryan's giving me snacks. And I never even saw him face to face until we were on All Stars four.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, Like we.
Speaker 3: You know, became friends on social media, but apparently that act of kindness went a long way when I was some like extraterrestrial like godsend to him and it went a long way, I mean, and it was a long way, and I love him for it. I mean, it's the weirdest move that was made in the game. Probably, Like I definitely thought I was going in.
Speaker 1: Wow, I beause I ever eat on my next season and I just give my food away.
Speaker 2: This could be a strategy.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, and if and if I'm hungry, I expect you to nurse me. You know.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's so shocking. So was there like ever Obviously we see a little conversation between you and Ace, but like, was there ever, Like watching it back, were you kind of shocked with how far he was willing to ride for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I literally that conversation that we had. There's a moment Laurel and I get into it in that that same day because she is just like her and I were close on that season, and she was like pulling out, like you need to tell Nicole you're gonna steal her star. I'm like, I don't have a star myself. How am I going to steal Nicholes. She's trying to strategize and make these big moves, and I was like, Laurel, you're not paying attention to the rules and I'm not that desperate to stay out of elimination if it's my time. But she just didn't want me to go home and didn't want me against Jay. So she's in the shower, I'm taking a shit next to her talking. Ace pops his head into the bathroom and he goes, Yo, Ryan, remember that promise I made to you a long time ago? And I was like, I had to think about it. I was like, uh, he goes about having your back and I was like, well, yeah, but like the game happened and you and Steve were close, I'm not thinking that he's still promising that. And he goes, you want me to do it? And there was a camera there, there was like the whole crew there, and I was like, well, if you can, but I don't want you to fuck over your friend. He goes, no, my word is my word. And I was like, oh, yeah, you got And then Laura was like, yo, jump on that shit, like take it back man.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was down for you and seemed completely distraught. But I think it's kind of interesting that Flora has this other perception of Ace, that he's like this master manipulator, you know, Wolf and Sheep's clothing kind of do you feel like that about Like do you think that he kept his word because the man of his word or do you think there's more to that.
Speaker 3: I think Ace is a man of his word, to be honest with me, but I do think his quirkiness is his manipulation tactics.
Speaker 2: So he's a gamer, like a low key game.
Speaker 3: It's like me being friends with everyone is my manipulation. Yeah, right right, No one wants to send me home because they want fucking fun energy in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm a sniper of my own right like we all are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody knows their role or knows what their strengths are for sure.
Speaker 5: All right, we have to take a quick break, but we'll be right back after this. Okay, enough of that, let's get back to the show.
Speaker 1: So moving to the elimination where you literally get out of it, dude, as you wanted to, which was insane to watch that happen. There's a lot of magic that happens where people just really get out of shit.
Speaker 2: But you get there.
Speaker 1: Did you think that when Jay saw it that he was going to do it?
Speaker 3: I did, because Jay and I differed in our opinion. Jay thought this was the last possible window to get a male star. I saw that there were eight stars, decoratively like in the final competition, so I thought, there's got to be one more way after this elimination, Like, this is not the last opportunity, and Jay, this is the last opportunity, you idiot.
Speaker 4: So Jay obviously, like TJ said after he ended up leaving the game, like he really did have the most improved. If there wasn't award for the most improved, it would be him because he left on a way that has haunted him from years, you know, in the past, haunted him for years. People you know, are have been talking shit since they announced it. All stars were dropping, They're.
Speaker 2: Like, why is Jay there? Why is Jay there? Like he has an uphill battle to fight.
Speaker 4: But I do think it's interesting how it all happened because the week before, literally Laurel Wins says she's gonna throw herself in and backs out. And then, you know, but Laurel is Laurel. It's not gonna take away from her as a competitor because she already established, to.
Speaker 3: Be honest, she said she was going to go in, and at that point, Laurel and Nicole were in a good place. At that point, me and Laurel were in a good place. So me and Nicole pleaded to her, were on the platform, like do not go in. There's gonna be another opportunity. She was She literally said I'm gonna do it, and then we cut her off and we're like no, And I looked at her and I said, no, this is not yours to win, this is yours to lose. Dude, Like, you are not going to beat Kara cars smaller, you have more of a body, tell yourself. So we actually we completely manipulated her into backing out of it because she was about to jump in.
Speaker 4: Well, I think I think you helped her because I do believe that car probably would have won just based on size. Yeah, you like being small and mean and little. Fling yourself underneath that net was probably the strategy to win. So I mean, she should probably thank you for that one.
Speaker 3: Because she should thank me for a lot of things. To be honest with you, she got in with the mean girls because of me. I was a good liaison for her because I vouched for Laurel.
Speaker 4: Okay, so by the mean girls, who do you just specify?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Tina, Veronica and Rachel didn't really know Laurel. They had never well I think Veronica had done a show, but they didn't like know each other. And the three of them were saying to me, like, Laura wants to move up into our room, and I said, listen, I haven't seen the girl in like a decade, but like we were on the same alliance on Fresh Meat too. That was my last flagship show. That was her first I vouch for. Like, I think she's great, Like she's a lot of things, but she's really fun and she's funny, and I do believe that, like she's on our side and she's fight the good fight for the people upstairs in the penthouse.
Speaker 4: Well, and that was probably great for her, you know, it definitely put her in a good position to work with all of you guys, and obviously she's still in the game crushing it.
Speaker 3: So started off with her sleeping She moved her match, I helped her move her mattress into the closet, and then when Janelle voluntarily left, she took Janelle's bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Laurel no sleep.
Speaker 1: Laurel is not the Laurel I that I love because that one shit she gets out.
Speaker 3: Real wake her up one morning or I just said good morning and she goes, Brian, do not talk to me for the first hour, And I was like, Okay, we know this Laurel.
Speaker 2: We know this Laurel from Ride her Eyes.
Speaker 1: Because she had some sleeping bed issues for mee I.
Speaker 4: I really do appreciate how real she is about it though, Like if you ask her good morning and she doesn't want to, she will like tell you straight up, this is just not the time to talk. She's very good at setting boundaries for when not to commute.
Speaker 2: The boundary babe. For sure, she is a boundary babe.
Speaker 3: You guys expect only child.
Speaker 4: Boundary.
Speaker 1: So just to finish off this elimination thing, so he could bring this full circle, Steve takes Adam Starr and it gives it to Ace one. Where does that leave you and if you are to go into this next elimination or if there's another chance, who are you going to steal your star from?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I was pretty heartbroken for Adam to be that close to the final with a star and he literally chose me over Steve. I've been friends with Adhim on Facebook since like two thousand and nine, but like never met him. I honestly came in too All Stars four being like I'm going to hit that because he was my crush on the show. I watched him on road Roles was my jam. Adam Larsen was like the cats meow. I had the biggest crush and I was like gonna be I was on a mission be like like in the like I'm gonna fucking hit that, like I know he's a little maybe you know, like the time is right, and that I shared a room with him and it was instant. I love this dude, big brother vibes like no no sexual anything, like I just want to hug him and talk about visuality and do yoga with him and like shoot the shit. So anyway, I was heartbroken that Adam had a star taken that far into the game because he literally saved me from going into elimination and that jeopardized his star. And I don't know if he thought about that, but the repercussion was that Steve stole his star because he well, actually.
Speaker 4: What I think he was trying to do was have two star holders go in there. He was anticipating Jay not going in because Steve Hardy had a star, Leeroy had a star, So if they ended up going in, then he would have been checking his own box by now the star. Yeah, so I think he wasn't trying to save you as it's it. I'm sorry, but maybe it's both.
Speaker 2: But maybe it's both.
Speaker 4: But I also think he was trying to be calculated and trying to get two people. And then obviously when Jay went in and when Jay lost, that's when Steve has the opportunity to kind of like get his revenge on Adam for saying his name.
Speaker 3: But that was the worst case scenario that Adam thought was the bottom of the list, Like, Okay, are older? Wow?
Speaker 4: But yeah, and I think that so as much as I think that he probably is friends with you, And obviously we saw beautiful conversations between you and him earlier in the season. I think, to break your heart way.
Speaker 2: To break Ryan's heart.
Speaker 4: But can we talk about how he popped off like I never would to.
Speaker 2: Get sit on it and spin, bro, He said, sit and spin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well listen, I like Steve is a lot of things. I mean he does. He will three elimination wins, like huge, huge suit for him and and in the beginning, there was nothing that gave me and Laurel more joy than watching him do his weird ass workout routines where he's like lifting dumbbells that are like zero point five pounds and then like stretching with rope and then duct taping weird objects and like just doing weird shit, Like he was like comic relief in the beginning. But after competing with him and being in the house with him for like five weeks, I was on the train of like, get Steve the fuck away from me?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 3: Why? Because he ruined my safari experience. To be honest with you, he kept like, we're trying to be in nature and enjoy the animals in their captivity. And he's talking about how he auditioned for The Bachelor. He auditioned for pretty much every reality show. He auditioned for Real World seven times. He was a finalist for like Bachelor on Mars like it just he's pretty much like he loves to talk about himself, as we all do. There's a level of narcissism that you have to be to be on the challenge. But he was just talking so much that he was ruining moments for all of us towards the end. And you know, when the house gets emptier, the people that are still there, their voices gets louder because you're like, oh, like, you know what I mean, I don't think. I think in Steve's eyes, he's like, oh, Adam and I will be cool one day Adam is like it's a round Rabert, like he was like Steve and I didn't even keep in touch all these years, right, we came into this being like cool, we're doing All Stars together. Great, but as like he didn't know who Steve was as a human really like talk on the phone or like keep in touch, you know, right well and listen.
Speaker 4: I think even like back to what we were talking about, I do think there had to have been some personal relationship between you and Adam, because like it's just the chances of him throwing in Steve somebody who's known for so long. I mean, yeah, so I don't want to take that away. I do think, yeah, probably there was an amain now hearing the story of how people were feeling about Steve on the inside, because we don't get to see that from the outside. Like from the outside, it just looks like Steve is kind of having to go into his st elimination and that's kind of a shit experience. But obviously it's so different when you're in the game playing with these people. I know that, like we all know that, Like there are certain things that are just never going to make storylines. So thanks for giving us that that insight.
Speaker 1: I feel like you know, you know, I know you'll always you'll always be honest. This is what I need you to be honest about right now, though, Yeah, can you tease out something from the near future of All Stars without spilling too much of like what's to come?
Speaker 2: Anything spicy?
Speaker 4: How close is the final?
Speaker 3: The final is moments away at this.
Speaker 2: Point, moments we hate.
Speaker 1: The finals as close as you could imagine it.
Speaker 2: It's moments away. It's close by throughout.
Speaker 3: The at this point in the game, the final. If you don't have a start at this point in the game, there is no guarantee that you'll have an opportunity, but you better be hoping that there is one, because if you're a non star holder, whether you were too lazy to get your ass into an elimination or scared or you had your shit stolen by somebody else last minute, you're gonna have to fight to the death to get into that final. And that's not even guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Well, now that the one Oscalot is out of the game, is the other Oscelot going to do everything that they can to make sure that they can get the.
Speaker 3: Other Oscelot is going to get a good night's sleep and conserve all his energy because I'm I'm going to need all that I can to get this star so that I can run the final. But honestly, getting rid of Jay was such a power move, not only for myself but for anyone else that's going to run the final, because he is the male to beat.
Speaker 4: Really, did you feel like, did you feel like, you know, just watching him perform this season that he had everything it takes to be I was going to ask about puzzles, Yeah, like, because I feel like we didn't get to see a lot of him, but I guess, and what if.
Speaker 2: He has to drink another drink? Has he gotten past that?
Speaker 3: Jay was surprisingly amazing. Listen, when we did our first challenge where it was endurance and puzzle and the fricking African Sun, him and I were neck and neck and I somehow like beat him in time. And I just saw him because he was right next to me in that first challenge and him and I were eyeing each other and we were like neck and neck and then just finishing before him, I think like set the tone for our very friendly rivalry throughout the season. But I was looking at him and especially the last half of the challenge. He was just in the top or runner up. Yeah, he was just he was the one to beat. You know this, This All Starts four was such a heavily packed season of strong females. I think as far as males go, Jay was the male to be in the final.
Speaker 4: Well, now that he's gone and the final is moments away, you could probably see the final through the reflection of TJ's metal. Do you do you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude, I don't know. Do you feel do you.
Speaker 4: Feel ready to go? Do you feel like your journey up to this point is going to take you there? And do you feel like being sober has given you an edge obviously aside from the shoulder injury, but to help you have that mental clarity that you need to make it all the way to the end.
Speaker 3: Dude, I am so clear in my brain at this point. I have avoided going into elimination for the first half of the season. I didn't have an opportunity to go in the season because I was killing it and I was in the book group, so I didn't even have an opportunity to go in, and I still had enough social game to keep myself out of elimination, but I know it's gonna take every ounce of energy because I can taste the victory of this final so bad. I'm so close, and I've done so fucking well this season. I definitely think being sober has given me so much advantage in this game.
Speaker 4: It's amazing. Do you have any advice for anybody out there who is inspired by your story and this thinking about going sober and taking the steps that you've taken.
Speaker 3: I think for anybody that's struggling out there, you have to surrender. That's the word, surrender and get over your ego. And the first step is just saying you have a problem. There is somewhere a community to find, even in the smallest of towns. In any community, go online and and see where the nearest facility is. Go to a meeting. Even if you don't feel like sharing your story, Go to a meeting and listen to other people's stories, because that'll put things in perspective. Just when you think you're hitting your rock bottom, you listen to others and you are filled with gratitude, like, Wow, it could be a lot worse. But I think listening for me was the key because I was so self focused, and I was feeling like such a loser and I felt like all eyes were on me and the world was closing in and like, who am I without this party boy exterior? Like what do I have to offer? Yeah? But the party still goes on, man, Like you make the party, you are the party. Like you know, it took. It wasn't overnight. It took some months of pain and grief. And you lose you lose an identity, and there's grief with that because you're no longer one way. You're now a new way, and you have to learn how to navigate without the booze, without you know, the crutch, and you just have to feel your emotions. But with that comes power because now when I'm angry, I'm fuming. When I am sad, I fucking cry. But most of the time I'm pretty even keeled. The ups and the downs are just not as extreme, you know. And I can handle anything because like I almost died several times in my life from substance abuse, Like I can handle anything. Like if I beat that, I can fucking win a challenge. You know, anything is possible.
Speaker 4: Oh chills, Ryan, Thank you so much, dude. I just know that so many people are going to listen to your story and just be so inspired by you, and it's just so nice to hear you speak from such a place of just you have that winner's mentality, so no matter what happens in the game, like you're crushing it, you're already a winner in so many other aspects.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this also helps much.
Speaker 1: This also helps people that don't have a problem, you know what I mean, that just want to live a more fulfilling life and remember more nights and feel less hung you know what I mean, and know what it's like to socialize without the crutch of alcohol. So I think those were the people that are alcohol dependent and those who have kind of become socially alcohol dependent if you will.
Speaker 3: Well, there's nothing also better than the people in my life were like, he's never going to do this, Like he's going to find a way around it because he's Ryan and he's really good at manipulating there like the space around him. And you know, one day became three, became weeks became months, and like then, once I hit a certain point, the people in my life that didn't have a problem started taking inventory of the way they drink and why they drink and how much they drink. And you know, my sister stopped drinking while with dinner every night, Like why do I need it? Like I don't need it? Like right, you know she didn't have a problem, but like it's never a bad thing. That's just take inventory of what is the motive behind the numbing, right, because you know, if it's not that it's fucking food or you know, shopping, yeah, likes on Instagram, you know.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent, it's so so true. Well, thank you so much for being so vulnerable and for sharing all this with us. It's just always so great to talk to you. But it's been so amazing to watch your journey thus far, and it's good, be awesome to continue to root for you and we hope you get your star.
Speaker 3: Thank yeah, dude, I'm ready amazing.
Speaker 4: And where can people follow you on social media if they want to support you or reach out to you or follow your journey even deeper?
Speaker 3: Sure? My Instagram is Ryan Keiho five, very simple. My birthday is May fifth, so five is my lucky number. That's my tarists Dame is Shane. We're one hour apart. That's my man, My go new Yeah, and we're ex boyfriends. See how that went.
Speaker 2: Oh, because you need to need you with a virgo.
Speaker 3: That's why you want to see me really lose my ship put Shane on the same season as me.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll see. We never know, we never know, we never know. Thank you so much, oh, Ryan, key of five. We really appreciate it, and I can't wait to finish this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be a giddy I'll collup.
Speaker 4: God. Ryan is just one of those people that just gets better and better the more you talk to him. He's such a sweetie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's also completely honest and transparent, and it's just he doesn't give a shit.
Speaker 2: You get Ryan the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has just shown so much growth over the course of just All Stars alone, and then just think about his like challenge career in total. He's just such an incredible person. So hopefully we get to watch him get a star because he is a star. And you know what, Anissa, you are a star too.
Speaker 2: Where can we wanna do that to me?
Speaker 4: Where can we follow you and see your bright starry eyes on.
Speaker 1: Social Oh that's so sweet because I didn't know what you were going to say, because I have like nine tattoos of stars on me. You can follow me on Instagram at Anissa MTV. That's a n E E s a MTV Tory Where can they follow you?
Speaker 2: Support you click a link or two.
Speaker 4: You guys can follow me at Tory Underscore Deal on Instagram. And thanks for joining us for another episode of MTV's Official Challenge Podcast. And if you liked this episode, rate and review us on Spotify or Apple Podcasts and pretty please tell.
Speaker 1: A friend and remember you can watch The Challenge All Stars four and more on Powermount Plus. And we'll see you next time on MTV's Official Challenge Podcast