Speaker 1: Earners. What's up.
Speaker 2: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus.
Speaker 1: On what matters most Ready.
Speaker 2: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Apple, one of the X stars, Johnny Ice open Ai just purchased it company for six point five billion dollars and ground groundbreaking deal. So what do we think about this this acquisition.
Speaker 4: And further cements the new generation the tech and I'll say things that they're going to have to structure with the top five or fore is after they go public. I've been calling for them to reconcile with Johnny for the longest time. It was brilliant that they launched this after the Google Io conference. But there's a lot of clashing in Apple's culture that is preventing them from getting some of those former star players back together. And Sam Altman did a great job. I was telling Redpadded maybe for at least three months, four months, that they were going to team up and who we are. I don't like the idea of that that circular pinion that they want to put out as a first product. From what I have heard, though they have built they're operating system first, which is brilliant, which tells me they could start to attack this thing eventually. So the first product they put out is incredibly important. But in terms of partnership, like Microsoft once again, Stock of the decade is going to benefit greatly from this partnership. But you can see the writing on the wall to see where Sam is trying to have his contingency plan to then get away so he can be the new tech darling in that space. I think brilliant partnership. The trailer was amazing. Whenever I'll see like two white men walking to a bar in San Francisco and a smiling a lot of money on the take billions of dollars, multi billions of dollars, and as people are getting tired of the iPhone. It was a brilliant idea to partner with someone who cares about products a lot when it seemed like Apple doesn't care about it anymore.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's run down the list of the things that John Ive has helped design or create himselves. YEP ninety eight, the iMac two thousand and one, the iPod two thousand and seven, the iPhone twenty ten, the iPad two thousand and eight, the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro twenty fifteen, the Apple Watch and two thousand and thirteen, the redesign of the iOS system.
Speaker 1: Have kept that relationship together. It's one of those I read an interesting article.
Speaker 2: They were saying that open Ai purchasing next, which is this company feels like a move that Apple would have done in the past. Ye you saw a company that had technology and had infrastructure that you need and could be a competitor, so you went and acquired it. The fact that it came from somebody that was internal in house and you let it go it speaks volumes because there's a lot of talk, especially you know, I'm reading like gadget dot com. The talk is that the gadget economy, the ip at the iPhone.
Speaker 1: And the macbug watches, that is slowly.
Speaker 2: Going to deteriorate and make way for a new form of consumer technology, which would be the artificial intelligence assistant. And so having Johnny I there with open AIS technology that first product, I'm interested in seeing what that does to Apple's infrastructure because they're going to change the hardware, because that's what I'm thinking, like what they're basing on. If you're talking about fifty percent of the revenue is coming from an iPhone, well, if the iPhone is not a thing that people are using in the next five to ten years, then what's the product It is not the thing that we're going to be using in terms of how it communicates and how it functions with artificial intelligence, what is the product? Having the guy that helped develop those things with the technology that's going to leave the future is a dangerous proposition for them.
Speaker 3: Well then also for people because for full context, because they might not even know what the company is. So IO is a hardware and design from focused on AI integration devices. And like we said, we just acquired by open ai for six point five billion and when you do the stock cash considerations, but it was designed to help build consumer facing AI products with intuitive, screenless next generation interfaces. So there's an actual picture of it if you want to look on our Instagram because we posted yesterday. We posted about it on Instagram yesterday. So when he says, when Troy says, the personal AI assistant, that's something that Robert Smith has spoken to us about and a lot of people have been talking about, Like at some point in time in the near future, everybody's been to have to own their own AI assistant that will plan your life, like if you want a book, a flight, if you want to, you know, go to movies, you gotta pick your son up from school, remind you, you gotta you know, call parent teacher night conference. Virtually. So this, yeah, I guess that'll be the next thing. Now what we have to see is it is will this have some level of communication believe if it does, then that could potentially be a threat to the eye. And being that he comes from a background of dealing with iPhones, will ultimately I will open AI have a communication device, which might be the next iteration of what a phone is.
Speaker 2: I don't even Yeah, I think that's what That's what I'm alluding to, is that that next piece of consumer technology.
Speaker 1: It's it will cut into that iPhone lead.
Speaker 2: And maybe it's not a phone anymore, right, we don't that shouldn't be that first product is so important. The fact that this part of it right, and he probably will never admit to it, but them not coming back right, them not seeing him as the valuable put a chip on the shoulder is a chip. And the fact that he deal with a company. Right, we talked about Apple AI. Has anybody used it? Has it beneficial?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Look at what chat GBT is doing on a monthly basis, on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: Co Pilot is getting better. Co Pilot is better than Apple's intelligence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Microsoft, if Copilot doesn't get better, you still have fifty percent of this open AI company.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure it was.
Speaker 2: It was a tough week for Apple outside of the tariff.
Speaker 1: This hap this news happening is tough.
Speaker 4: And on top of it, it's going to put a lot of pressure on the Alexa Series two and Amazon. And I'm gonna say it clearly, Tim Cook needs to be replaced. For all of you who are gonna say, hey, you're going too far. Stop talking. I hate the fact that I'll say these things about the Apple iPhone dominance for waning, and then somebody White said, and y'all agree with it. I'm telling you now Tim Cook needs to go. He can be chairman. Greatest operator in the history of Silicon Valley. I pose the question in Star Club. I'll ask you, guys, who's the better CEO? Tim Cook or an AI version of Steve Jobs right now? Hooked up to that black will No, they hooked up to rub it.
Speaker 1: Like what bro di vision pro.
Speaker 4: Mistake, Apple intelligence mistake, acquisition of Open AI mistake you should have. That should have been number one priority when Sam wanted it for nothing. There's too much culture clash of Tim trying to be and I get it. You don't want to be in someone's shadow, but you have to do is best for the company, and I don't think that's currently being done.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, let's talk about Apple.
Speaker 3: But just just to play the other side of the fence here, Tim Cook's one of the greatest CEOs that we've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Greatest operators.
Speaker 3: Apple's market cap swored from three hundred and forty eight billion and twenty eleven to three trillion. Now that's that's fourteen x he fourteen x the market cap, product innovation in his rain. You got Apple Watch, you got air pods, Apple Music, after the TV.
Speaker 4: After the air pods came from Steve Jobs acquisition to Beats.
Speaker 3: It's under his it's under his reign. As far as the rise of AirPods, you know, he's.
Speaker 1: Greatest operator in the history of What you're saying is true. Both things can be true. I think both. Yes.
Speaker 2: In terms of raising the market cap of a company, you're talking about the first three trillion dollar company. Yes, The important pieces inside that is that the guy who helped create those products that helped you raise that market cap is no longer there.
Speaker 1: And since what has been the product that has succeeded?
Speaker 4: And my issue is the degradation of culture at Apple under his leadership. They reduced Steve to a fucking theater on campus, the campus that he built. They won't even put up a Steve flag on that campus. You guys can say that I'm wrong, not y'all the audience at large. But I'm the one who put y'all on Apple, So maybe, and I've been I had an Apple too at my grandma's house. Don't got through street, trust me, But y'all can say I wrong. It's fine. What's a better company right now? Open AI, who is not publicly traded or Apple? All that ecosystem that y'all love the audience, not y'all was created by Steve and Johnny.
Speaker 2: As of today, I'm still gonn I gotta take Apple because it's not public trade and they don't have a consumer product that's gonna lead the future. Yes, so out of today, and that announcement could come. But today also lives off the back of it Apple in part yes, part so in terms of the device that people use.
Speaker 1: It them until Johnny getting that lab.
Speaker 3: Like I said, like I said last year, I think open ey is gonna be one of the greatest companies in human history, and it's going to be a top five company for a very short period of time. So open Ai, I don't think any I don't think anybody does. It's going against open the eye. It's just Apple is still a necessary company.
Speaker 1: Yes, a great It doesn't mean the leadership change is not needed. Innovation is needed.
Speaker 4: And it's hard to have innovation when you won't allow the culture.
Speaker 1: The thing.
Speaker 4: Even though Steve was a hard driver as a leader, he allowed brilliant people to thrive. There's some brilliant people at Apple who I talked to. The have ideas that can change a lot of this. Right, Oh, they're being stifled. That glass ceiling.
Speaker 1: Tough. So okay, okay, no, it does not change to tech two and that's no. Don't don't put in chat.
Speaker 4: Listen to me. I'm gonna say, fuck, listen to me. They need new leadership. I don't want to say who I think.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts put in chat your thoughts for sure?
Speaker 1: On Apple? You ian trippy? Nah, he said two tech man, Apple was.
Speaker 4: You need at least twenty five thousand shares and something like one company to tell me I'm wrong. And I've talked to a bunch of people with Apple who's just afraid that he treated like like he should.
Speaker 1: You can't. You could have bought it open their eye for little or nothing.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, you got fucking twenty two billion dollars parking bonds or whatever.
Speaker 2: I get the but the innovation part, we can't know what way can't. But you can't run from that fact. The cash reserves are ridiculous.
Speaker 4: They don't use them correctly. But they could use them, but they have not. They haven't and maybe that's part of the leadership prior. It's like, we got to make sure we find the right company to acquire it.
Speaker 1: I think he would be a better chairman, I really do. But having that chances chance does it doesn't matter. It doesn't mean that they don't need a better leadership. That's fair well, speaking of Okay, speaking of that.
Speaker 4: And the real quick there's some other AI companies that he could buy. But you gotta kind of move fast before the evaluations. Okay, Apple, if they deployed this right, the capitol right could have saved us from the China Versus America war. They're choosing to rest on their laurels and not be on the offense. It's like playing for corners. It works until now you gotta make a big shot. Now you can't make a big shot. You don't think Johnny I thought through the partnership would open their Yeah, I knowing he can go directly to Microsoft and they have more devices in the landscape than Apple.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Operating cash fule of one hundred and ten billion.
Speaker 1: How will it? How will it?
Speaker 3: How will the tariffs impact Apple? We talked about you know this before, but for full context, Trump has threatened tariffs on Apple, and he said that he's disappointed with Tim Cook and apple decision to manufacture in India, which is a workaround from the China situation, but he wants it to be all done in America and he's he's spoke publicly about it. He said he wrote them a letter. He's threatened to put tariffs on on them as an individual company. So is the India workaround something that could potentially happen.
Speaker 1: Is globalization.
Speaker 3: Something that is still workable under the Trump administration or do they everybody just has to stay in America for the next three years.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Whatever that big that Trump wants. They just have to pay.
Speaker 4: They're called Don Jr. And get that master by a membership card. Go go buy you ten gold cards. And maybe I don't know. I feel like he hasn't worked that relationship well enough because Trump won't say it, but he needs American companies to thrive for him and the MAGA regime to work over the next twelve years.
Speaker 1: They're not just worry about the next.
Speaker 4: Four him Elon going back to Tesla, that is very talent to lose such a monumental piece. And then this bill which ends up being a disaster. I think his name is on it. So if this bill doesn't go well, so at least if he's making these campaign promises, he has to at least have one dominant company come back.
Speaker 1: Now, we talked about it before.
Speaker 4: How long is it gonna take for you to build a plant to actually be able to uh create these iPhones?
Speaker 1: And then what would the cost be? Right?
Speaker 4: The idea is great, execution is poorly planned. And that's my thing in terms of leadership across the board politically and in terms of tech. I don't think people are planning for ten years. I think they're looking maybe two or three years out, and it's a little bit short sighted.
Speaker 1: I think Tim Cook was doing that too.
Speaker 2: We talked about this too, almost maybe two years ago when they were building the first Apple store in India and one of the people brought him a gift of the first macantized computer. And that was that was pre this this presidential campaign that Trump has been on. So they've already looked at it from a standpoint of what is the next space we can now build infrastructure in instead of maybe having the product. Now we're just spreading from a global standpoint where India is a market that we can now creep into and see some of those numbers that we're starting to decrease in China start to increase in a new economy. But it's crazy, man, Like you said the time it would take to get these factories up and running, and it just wouldn't It wouldn't even be done in his term. They didn't have to be five years, almost five to seven years out. So Trump saying like, if you build them here, there's no tariff. Yeah, right, but if you build them in India, we're going to put a twenty five percent tariff on it.
Speaker 4: Since I've never heard this be done to one company, Like I said, put it in chat if you know.
Speaker 1: A relationship with him, there was.
Speaker 2: There was the part where he talks about they had an understanding that he wouldn't be doing this. But if you look at the history of Apple, they were already constructed in India prior to all this. So the news just feels kind of it's like again.
Speaker 4: I mean, he did tell them, I want you to build here, and I think Tim thought that just right.
Speaker 2: India was okay, yep, they said they're gonna they agreed to the five hundred billion dollar investment in AI infrastructure over the next five years, which was the largest out of all of the Max sevens or the quote unquote Max sevens. They had the largest acclivation of funds to it. And so on top of that, they're still building the factories. But now, I mean, I think they said they lost over a nine hundred million last quarter, which is not I mean when you have one hundred and ten billion.
Speaker 4: But rely software from SAM. But yeah, this is what happens when you have temperamental leadership. At least with a rigid leader or a militant leader, you at least know what cards you're dealing with.
Speaker 1: They're not adjusting on the three months.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine Tim waking up and then hearing that news because I'm sure he found out on the news and not directly from Trump. It's like, what, I made this investment and now I'm still going to get a taxed directly on my company, knowing that I can't build that fact like like you said, it'll be six years before they are able to build in Chicago or Ohio to get a plant fully functional.
Speaker 2: It'll be in tech, it'll be in a state where the state tax is going to Texas is probably hope.
Speaker 1: So the HU yeah, yeah, Well so what do you think leaving in twenty twenty five? Now? Are we leaving twenty twenty five with Apple on the.
Speaker 2: Chessboard as one of those two tech two index in the portfolio?
Speaker 1: And always I said it's a stock club.
Speaker 4: Privately Apple will become by twenty thirty a high value index fund.
Speaker 1: You have your eternalized.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 1: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,