Speaker 1: Media.
Speaker 2: What of y'all hood politics with pri got the eyeballs cracking? What does that even mean? Basically that we're recording this now. I just purchased or I'm about to purchase a new camera from the hommy Curtis King. You could check out his YouTube channel if you care about his this thing called di I Wires, which is like do it yourself, really big on independent, doing it yourself hip hop. One of the dopest, smartest men I've ever met. And he he teamed light skin. You know, he wanted the good ones. That is the most awful thing to say about another black man. I'm kidding, Langston, don't be mad at me. You two Miles, you know, and y'all know Miles his uh you know they lost their home too. So please find that goal fund me and support the homie. But the point I'm making is, wait, let me make sure I'm using the right audio.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm definitely using the right audio.
Speaker 2: So, but the point I'm making is I got a new camera from him because of I bought a camera on Amazon and it was trash. I tried to set up to make this be the first episode of the Upgrading Equality, but.
Speaker 3: Camera was trash.
Speaker 2: So it's boxed up and that's what I get for shopping on Amazon. I broke my own principle here. There are some things about the fact that we live in this poisonous water that is capitalism and as evil as a corporation as Amazon is, what am I supposed to do? Am I gonna you gonna shop at Target? While they get like, what's the difference? You feel me?
Speaker 3: So I was like, I need a camera.
Speaker 2: I need one fast, and in typical propaganda fashion when it comes to consumer products, I didn't do the research.
Speaker 3: My research was the price tag.
Speaker 1: And I am.
Speaker 2: Now about to return this mud and buy a camera from Naomi Curtis King so that the quality of these videos can be I am rambling and I noticed is going to be a long episode. You Wasn't Outside Series finale, the Ceasefire Edition. Now in my rambling preamble, there's a few things I want to highlight that.
Speaker 3: We're going to cover today.
Speaker 2: First of all, we started this series about Israel and Palestine calling it You Wasn't Outside, because I mean this is way back to season one, because it was very clear by seeing the discussion that was happening in the news and online and just among our friends, Americans were grossly uninformed, like embarrassingly uninformed about first of all, conflict, colonial the history of the Middle East. Didn't know what infatada was, no idea what a Israeli settlement is inside of the West Bank, like just.
Speaker 3: Americans had no idea.
Speaker 2: And the only way for me to explain it was like, man, y'all was like, Okay, you wasn't outside, Like you don't like in the same way when you guys talk about gang violence. Okay, y'all wasn't there, so clearly you don't know what you're talking about. That's that was our attitude as to why we why I called this series. You wasn't outside. And then after fifteen months college students getting radicalized, it seemed like people caught all real quick as to what was going on, and it was like, oh, oh, I think we understand now.
Speaker 3: We done caught up real quick.
Speaker 2: We may have jumped in America, may have jumped in at season nine, episode one, but we seem to catch up as to what was going on pretty quick. It turned, it seemed to me like we didn't like, okay, what we figured it out? We was like, oh, some main right here, and this right here is the season finale. And notice how I'm not saying this is the series finale, because again, if you was outside, you know this is far from over. We are going to discuss today how the negotiations went the carnage and let me ask you this, who you think got the dub.
Speaker 3: Who you think won this round?
Speaker 2: I have thoughts hook politics, y'all. All right, this is the whole last third week of twenty twenty five, and god dog, so let's start.
Speaker 3: But look, it's like this bull look is like this bullook is like this.
Speaker 2: All right, it is like this. Apparently as an inauguration today you gonna watch that. I'm not, but I am interested in the fact that the snoop Ricky Rose soldier boy, which I guess I kind of get Nelly all participated in the festivities around whether it was the crypto, which is something else to be said, because if Trump launches his own crypto currency, then that means foreign governments can invest in it without saying who they are and identifying themselves. So you know, that don't seem like a security breach to me, and I don't know what is. And speaking of security breaches, We're gonna talk about TikTok in a second, but but listen, the way that my West Coast trauma is set up, far be it from me to have any smoke for my ogs. We just are not allowed to talk about our OG's in public. However, Rose is not my og. He's Atlanta. I just I kind of don't understand that move, except for the fact that I do understand that he's a hustler.
Speaker 3: Soldier. Boy, They hustlers. I don't know if we know what either of them believe.
Speaker 2: So like that's that I could wrap my mind around Snoop.
Speaker 3: This one kind of hurt. I kind of don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do with this one, because I feel like Snoop walks on water out here in Los Angeles, and I was.
Speaker 3: Even with him most of the time. I could see the play.
Speaker 2: During the Biggie and Tupac thing, Snoop had no problem. He was like, I ain't got no problem with them, Like I go do a song with him and call me on it. I'm a gangster, and that I understand that part. I understand. Normally, we could see the play. I understood the sketches play like I understood the WWE play. The man showed up all wrestle many. I understand the T mobile play. Matter of fact, I would love I would love for some game as to how to could He talked about once like doing the sketcheres thing, and that's why he did it. I get to play this one is is a little more difficult for me. He's never been afraid to cross enemy lines, like cause the combine where his where his his recording studio is and stuff is in Englewood, which is known to be all bloods.
Speaker 3: He a crip, and he like, I go where I want to go.
Speaker 2: Maybe I've explained, Maybe I explained to play myself to myself. Snoop, just do what you want. Hen't be worried about what y'all think. I think, I oh, I just figured it out. Never mind, I normally I respect it. You know what I'm saying. This one was just little I don't know, man, cause you you kind of I think what made this one that's so difficult because he was so strong about stop being a tap dancing jigaboo for this man, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's the part I didn't understand. He was like Trump's fucking racist and anybody whoever runs with him as a motherfucking racist too like this.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's those are your words, my nigga. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's the part I don't understand. Let me see another news and others like this. Drake responded with to UMG with a lawsuit. Umng was like, my nigga, sir, what sense does it make for us to sabotage our own artists? What sense does that make? Then they had to explain hip hop to him, this is a battle. This is what battles are. You have said horrible things about other people and it was crickets then. And as a matter of fact, big dog, why you sue it us?
Speaker 3: We didn't say it.
Speaker 2: Kendrick said it, sue it us cuz proving again he is not like us. And finally in it's like this, Trump ran the textbook hoods to play, which is called out of here, make somebody else do the hit, and then stop the person from doing the hit so that you could be the hero.
Speaker 3: I like, is that not what happened with TikTok? Dude?
Speaker 2: Was it not obvious to y'all? It was obvious to me, that's what this man was doing. Because as everybody know what Trump, you just got to be the last person to talk to him because if you're the last person talk, you can convisime of what you're saying. Just make sure nobody come in after. So as long as you've been to knee, you good. Trump in there saving us. But he's like TikTok's great, like America likes great. You know a lot of people on TikTok like me. This fool just being captive saved oh yours? There was there.
Speaker 3: Hilarious, absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 2: La on fire still well, actually it's it's finally calming down. What's heating up is the rent prices. There's somebody that go to my daughter's jiu jitsu because my daughter's in jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: Whose rent is they got this?
Speaker 2: They got displaced and they rent is ten thousand dollars a month and the owner is like, I'm charging to this because I can't. So I think we found the looters. Everybody was worried about back to it. You wasn't outside, all right, Ceasefire edition Today's gonna be a little heavy, and why is because let me rewind the clock for y'all a little bit this season, which you know, we lovingly called season nine.
Speaker 3: I'd made up the number nine, so I don't know why I just called it that.
Speaker 2: Episode one was the October seventh attack from Hamas on Israel. But like we've done in multiple episodes, we went back and explained Zionism, you know, on the Zion and the other Zion, the actual you know, pilgrimage back to Israel from European Jews that were escaping the Pagras, you know, post World War Two, and just an understanding as to like why they're so terrified and feeling froggy all the time. If you went through that collective trauma, you'd feel froggy too. You'd think everybody, everybody talking to you got a problem. You would be scared anytime anybody talk about their own protection and their own rights. We also talked about the history of even why this place is called Palestine, because this particular region was named that by the Romans, and it was toatrol the Israelites, because Palestine is a Roman word for the Philistines. Philistines, if you know your Bible was the that's Goliath, like David and Goliath. Goliath was a Philistine, so it was a troll the name of which doesn't matter. These people have lived here. There were some people that never left the region continued to be the region while the displaced Jews were in Europe living for a century, multiple centuries. Life never stopped here a lot of times, I think a lot of times when you you know, when you move away and you come back, you expect people to be right where you left them. Life goes on right, and life went on in the region of Judea and continued to be you know, occupied and fought for freedom, whether it was the Turks or the Malukes. Like, there's so much happened in this particular region, and there was a lot of like you know, cross germanation.
Speaker 3: I'm reading a.
Speaker 2: Book about Africa. Let me bring up the name of this book because I highly recommend it. It's called An African History of Africa. So it's Africans talking about African history. It's an incredible book. And part of that talks about the migration because remember like Judea, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, the Red Sea, North Africa. It's there, they're they're connected by land, like.
Speaker 3: You can walk to it.
Speaker 2: You could walk to Egypt from Gaza like, so it's like this region has been tied into our history as a descendant of Africans the whole time. So that being said, one thing that's always that is, you know, not covered often is the Arab slave trade. Like Arab countries participated in slavery. Also it wasn't always transatlantic, sometimes it was trans Indian Ocean. So that being said, there's a long history of North African Arab Judeans in this area of sort of conflict. And anyway, there's a long history here. We went through it already. And then finally when the British left in nineteen forty five, was finally when Israel did the grab to call themselves a country. Now, remember a modern nation state, a post World War two League of Nations type nation state, a geopolitical line is not the same as an ethnic person, right, and everybody who lived within those geopolitical lines don't necessarily hold to the positions that the made up geopolitical government holds.
Speaker 3: Let's remember that, right.
Speaker 2: But Palestinians one day woke up in Israel, like we never left. We did not cross the border. The border crossed us. And what I know when I went for the first time to the region. I went with Full Disclosure, an incredibly.
Speaker 3: Zionist organization.
Speaker 2: Now granted I didn't know, and also I went with a group of homeboys and their wives and homegirls, and our attitude was, all right, well, they're paying for it, will chew the meat, spit out the bones. That's an old church phrase where it's like, you know, you take what you need and then you spit out the.
Speaker 3: Parts you don't.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: My attitude was, I want to see or hear if this is what I think it is, because if it's what I think it is, it's kind of sort of maybe absolutely. In apartheid, you are a colonial power leveraging your faith to justify things that your Holy text caused a sin. As a geopolitical nation state, you basically your pusher is the amount is the United States. United States got you hooked on drugs, and you stay with them because they got the big gun. Now granted you became that honestly because of all the stuff that y'all went through. But if it's what I think it is, then I don't know if you got a leg to stand on, you kind of doing this to your own people, what's my attitude, but I wanted but like I went, I swear to y'all. I went in there with an open mind. Proved me wrong because I thought maybe it was just gangshit. Like if it's just like gangshit, then it's just like, Okay, this is a blood feud.
Speaker 3: There's nobody right.
Speaker 2: Like in my mind, I'm like, if it's just some crips and bloodshit, then it's like, well, nobody's right. This is just this is just what it is. Just show me and I gotta tell you man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. This was an apart tap. It was kind of it was like I heard y'all.
Speaker 2: I listened to everything, y'all, Like I honestly gave y'all this is me being real with y'all.
Speaker 3: I honestly was like, because.
Speaker 2: I grew up in church, I'm in church like everybody else, you know what I'm saying, like every other black people we grew up in church.
Speaker 3: I didn't I had. I thought Israel was Israel, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Then you get there and you like, y'all, y'all are Russian, y'all Polish like, and then it was really obvious to look and see, Okay, well, I knew Judaism went to Africa before I went to Europe, so I was like, Okay, there are Ethiopian Jews. Axum's the first Christian city, like what I'm saying. So I'm like, we got a lot of history in there. And it was very, very easy to notice. Everybody got a little melonine is working in the service industry. There's even programs that was sterilizing African Jews to make sure that they don't have to like this, Like I'm like this, I wish I was making this up.
Speaker 3: I wish this was like fake news.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, like it's obviously I didn't see the sterization with my own eyes, but I saw even within Jerusalem, I saw a clear colorism, a clear stratification. It's just hard for somebody to look at a room full of people of color, who already know what it's like to be second class citizens, for you to try to convince me that your world is separate but equal. We already know from our own experience that that don't work. So it was super obvious to me as as once I saw it. And then when we finally went to Bethlehem, we went to the West Bank, we went to the city. We couldn't go into Gaza because clearly I can't go into Gaza at the time, this is twenty eighteen nineteen. But we were on the city right next to Gaza, right the town, right right by the border, and they were showing us like blown out like shells from like bombs and stuff like that. That's freaking scary, man, Like to see bus stops that had to be strong concrete because they had to be able to withstand bombs Like That's when you get to the human level. It's like it's dark and it's hard to not feel that the people on the ground are caught into some stuff that none of them ask for. The border is made up, this line is imagining. It's just a desert. It's a desert that somebody threw a wall on, Like it don't have to be it, don't have to be this way, you feel me, it's hard to not see that is what I'm trying to say. And then clearly who the the aggressor is and clearly who is defending themselves. And to know how people get radicalized you just watching it with your own eyes, like this is how you make a hamas anyway, that's the background all leading up to October seventh with the attack from Hamas. Now during that attack, which again was the start of season nine, which we're seeing the season finale of today Israel I'm reading from Reuters. I'll say this the latest round. See they even said the thing of the Israel Palestinian conflict began October seventh, twenty twenty three, when Hamas militants stormed across the border into Israel communities Israel militants, Israeli says militants killed more than twelve hundred people, mostly civilians, and took two hundred people two hundred and fifty people into captivity in Gaza.
Speaker 3: So that's how this new shit started.
Speaker 2: And like we said in one of the first He Wasn't Outsides episodes, we gave the example of one of my closest friends and in a family scenario with his cousin where his cousin got out the pin and was staying with him and staying with my friend. And while this was happening, my friend's mother was going through this situation with someone who was doing a utility service for her, who was not treating her fairly. So this cousin who just got out the pin here's about is auntie who was kind enough to take him in. Who's one of us who felt that she was being taken advantage of? And she was she was being treated very unfairly. And she looked too, because my friend was only a teenager at the time.
Speaker 3: She looked to her.
Speaker 2: Nephew, a nephew for which no one else in the family wanted to take in. After he got out of prison, So remember that. So he felt an obligation to take care of this far and take care of it he did. He took that utility worker hours away and did atrocious things to that man, and then came back and returned the products for which his auntie was missing. And his auntie was like, nephew, I ain't what did you do to that? I did not ask you. I ain't asked you to go that hard. I just wanted but stuff back got dog. And then, to take the scenario further, if that said worker who got abused in ways for which that I can't explain, decided to bomb the entire city of Los Angeles and wipe out the entire death toll of the entire city because he did not like me and treated to wag tree, this is what's happening right now. Like okay, so it went psycho. Now what this brought up? Where old stuff right now? You ever been in therapy, if you ain't been in therapy, or if you haven't been in a relationship, you know, there are things called triggers where a lot of times what we talk about right now ain't really about right now. It's stuff that we just have not dealt with for a long time. This scenario brought that up. And this is what I feel got the college kids out here finally radicalized. They finally realized that it's like, oh, this is moden just this moment, because if it was just this moment, then it would be completely understandable to where it's like, oh, you gotta go okay, you gotta go to war like this, you know, y'all got attacked.
Speaker 3: And then somebody say wait wait wait wait wait wait wait no no no no no no no.
Speaker 2: They didn't get attacked out of nowhere. This has been going on for a hundred years. This is just the next and people was like, wow, one hundred years, do tell what's been going on. Then you learn about the emphatize, you learn about how Israel b you learn about their displacement, the birth of Hamas and what Hamas was at one time, you start learning all this stuff, and then you start realizing even when they got there. One of the things that this brought up was the normalization. Now you remember when I talk to you about normalization, which is essentially what they're saying is the rest of the Arab nations. I don't know if we gonna recognize y'all as a nation. Remember y'all left and what you did to the people of Palestine is unacceptable. I'm not accepting you as one of us because of your treatment to the very people for which you know you displacing. I'm not gonna recognize you like anybody got a step parent. If you get a step parent when you were a little older and you're like, you're not my real dad, You're not my real mom. I am never going to call you mom. I am never going to normalize my.
Speaker 3: Relationship with you.
Speaker 2: Why because you don't matter now this because I am, in fact a stepfather. Now, granted, I've been around since I was three, and I did everything I could to make sure that I was the type of man that this young lady needed. My relationship has been normalized, but sometimes that don't happen. And they was like, until you do right by the Palestinians, we are not going to acknowledge you.
Speaker 3: And the people who've been leading that was Iran.
Speaker 2: Now it's not like Iran is some superhero in this story. Like we said, Iran ain't no superhero. But Iran is basically saying, none of us. Fuck with y'all. We don't why are you here? We are the resistance. So they started being coming behind groups like Hezbelah. Remember that because Iran in Lebanon been having the smoke with any of the Western nations because all Israel, all Israel is to them is just you're just an American outpost. We know what America does. You just like them, and you pretended to be one of us. We're supposed to feel bad for you. We don't understand how if you went through what you went through, why would you treat us this way?
Speaker 3: So Ron started backing people like Azballah.
Speaker 2: They started back in the Houthis feel like they going through the same thing a Yemen. They started back in Jumas and providing the bread, providing the guns because they was like y'all not even supposed to be here anyway. Now this does again, please hear what I'm saying. Iran ain't the heroes in the story. They are not the freedom fighters in this mug. They got their own agenda. But they thing was again, you, what you're doing, how you got here is all fraudulent, It is all wrong.
Speaker 3: It does not have to be this way.
Speaker 2: Now from us on the outside, who are not in the region, it was obvious to us who had a little bit of sense, you.
Speaker 3: Need two states. Israel doesn't have the right to exist.
Speaker 2: What you don't have the right to do is to exist on top of people that already exist.
Speaker 3: Is the point we're trying to make.
Speaker 2: And of course there are extremists on the israel side, you know, the Jewish clerics that believe that the Messiah coming until we hold this whole land river to the sea. There are Arabs on the Palestinian side that are like, no, you're right, you don't get to exist as a nation. Are you listening to me? Not as a people?
Speaker 3: But where.
Speaker 2: Is the human right that says you get to have a country? Like why do you get to have a what is this? Of course you can exist but I don't mean you get to have a country. So for the Zionists of the world, they're like, no, those are the same things. Existing means we need a country because everywhere we go we're kicked out of to which the.
Speaker 3: Arabs are like, nigga and water is wet. You think we ain't gone through this? You feel me? That's their attitude about it. Now.
Speaker 2: The issues that this brought up was to stay solution, what exactly isn'n apartheid? Should we do normalization? And is Benjamin Nett and Yahoo a war criminal? We talked about what is a genocide right and how South Africa was like, oh, I know what a genocide is and this is one your war criminal. But then we talked about how the UN and the International Justice Commission has a literal definition of what a genocide is. Now, is this a crime against humanity? It passes every test for that? Is it a genocide? With our eyes were like nigga, duh? And not only that, it's because of what Benjamin Nett and Yahoo said, We're trying to wipe We're trying to wipe y'all out. Now on one side of his mouth, he's saying, unless you agree with us.
Speaker 3: We're trying to wipe out Hamas.
Speaker 2: But they did the whole sprinklesome crack on him that we experience with the war on drugs, which is like we kill them because they they Hamas?
Speaker 3: Are they friends with Hamas?
Speaker 2: Now is people inside of net and Yahoo's cabinet who are this is all.
Speaker 3: Reviewed just in case we haven't got there yet.
Speaker 2: Uh's people inside of net Yahu's cabinet that's like, no, we need to wipe them out to where he's even like, bro, can you chill? Cus Like we can't. I'm saying to kill them all, all of them, And they like, if you sign this peace treaty, now it's not even a peace treaty. You signed this ceasefire. We're leaving and keep in mind. Simmering on this other pot is Net and Yahoo faces criminal charges that as soon as this nigga get out of office, he gona have to face drive. We did an episode of that too. But is he committing crimes against humanity? Are these war crimes? The starvation that's happening, the carnage, the death toll, the untarred targeted bombings that he says are targeted bombings just this over exortinent. You are doing way too much styles of warfare that he's doing, and the way for which you're doing it is very reminiscent to what happened to y'all as a people, So it brought up all these things.
Speaker 3: You've been doing this for years.
Speaker 2: You want us to normalize with you, but this is why we won't normalize with you. You're starving out your own people. And if your said goal was to root out terrorist groups like Hamas, you did the opposite. You are doing what every expert says is creating extremists by having the state come down with the carnage that it's coming down with. And speaking of carnage, let's go through the numbers now, I mean next.
Speaker 1: To the break.
Speaker 3: All right back.
Speaker 2: So you guys want to do it just by the numbers, So let's do it by the numbers. You guys ready for something really fun and so cool and so exciting. The official Palestinian Health Ministry count of more than forty six thousand, six hundred Palestinians dead amounts of more than ten times the amount of the count of losses in all previous Gaza conflicts since two thousand and eight. From early twenty twenty four, the ministry updated its breakdown of its facity of its fatalities to include unidentified bodies, which account for nearly a third.
Speaker 3: Of the overall toll. But let's go back.
Speaker 2: This is, according to Associated Press, the number of people killed in Israel around twelve hundred. The number of hostages taken into Gaza two hundred and fifty one. The number of hostages believed to be alive sixty two, including the two from October twenty two thousand October seventh, twenty twenty three. The number of captives believed to be dead is thirty six, including two from the October seventh.
Speaker 3: Ready for this.
Speaker 2: Number of Palestinians wounded in Gaza one hundred and nine thousand people. Number of militants that Israeli military says it's killed is over seventeen thousand. Now they haven't proven that, but that's what they said. Number of Israeli soldiers eight hundred and forty. Number of rockets fired from Gaza fire at Israel from Gaza is ten thousand.
Speaker 3: Displacement.
Speaker 2: The number of Palestinians displaced in Gaza is one point nine million. One point nine million people. That is ninety percent of Gaza's population. Can you imagine ninety percent of America losing their homes. Of Israelis displaced by attacks from Gaza at their peak is seventy five thousand, five hundred. Number of Israelis currently displaced are around seven thousand. But the percentage of the territory placed under Israeli evacuation, it's about ninety percent now. The destruction of Gaza, over one hundred and thirty six thousand structures have been broken. The number of housing units damaged or destroyed is over two hundred and forty five thousand homes. Sixty nine percent of Gaza is destroyed. US looking at videos of Eden, the Eden fired, of Altadna, of the Palisades, you know the flyovers.
Speaker 3: It feels so eerie.
Speaker 2: I have friends that are first responders that are working in that thing. Now, just the Palisades, you mentioned half of California. I just the total costs and damage from this war in the first three months is eighteen point five billion. Ninety two percent of their roads are destroyed, eighty four percent of health care facilities, sixty seven percent of water and sanitation facilities. Daily amount of untreated water and sewage flowing to the sea from Gaza is sixty thousand cubic meters. That's two point one million cubic feuw. The length of electrical grid destroyed five hundred and ten kilometers three hundred and twenty miles. It's Gaza's gone. Like that's the best way to say it. Gaza is gone. One of the things that is so infuriorating is every time there was a chance for a ceasefire net and Yahoo shot it down and would blame Hamas for it. It's frustrating because you know that's not the case.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Hamas was saying things very simple, which is like you have hundreds of people who are in jail for life for being suspected of being part of Hamas, will return your hostages if you fucking leave. Y'all been to the West Bank, Like of course you haven't been to the West Bank. That like you get like I'm just saying, we just want to exist and to know that most likely the ceasefire game that has been played is truly so that or quite possibly so that Donald Trump can get this w.
Speaker 3: And this is not to.
Speaker 2: Give Joe Biden any credit, but when you look at the ceasfire deal that's there. It's the same deal that was dead the whole time now, believe it or not, because of some programs I'm a part of. I have a print out parts of the negotiation deal that apparently if it's been sent to me then it's not top secret. But here are the points of the deal that I got sent to by negotiators of it. And that's a huge shout out to Qatar, Egypt and all the different people that worked really hard, because at the end of the day, dude, like as much as I'm clearly expressing, this negotiating piece is really really, really hard, especially because we're talking about something that has existed for hundreds of years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is not a peace treaty again, this is a ceasefire. It is temporary, and that difference matters, which is why I said this is a season finale and not a series finale. And my man Schamil shaml my Bad shamo Idris CEO Search for Common Ground, we had him on the first last year around this time to talk about this very thing. The way that he explains it is like a ceasefire is like a big gulp of oxygen. Nothing can happen, like he says, like, nothing can happen if you can't breathe, Like there's no we can't talk about any justice, any We can't talk about anything else until we can breathe, Like if you're drowning, and right now we're drowning in blood. He's like, if we can just at least get a gulp of air. So see the ceasefire as a gulp of air. It's just it's our first, and then we can deal with everything else after we can breathe. That is not to remove the celebration that Minnie Palestinians are feeling right now and the bliss that the families of return hostages are feeling right now. But understand that this is this is more like your first gulp of fresh air.
Speaker 3: And I want to give a shout out. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is I'm not going to shit on their work.
Speaker 2: A lot of times us like activists, will shit on the work that the really hard work that somebody got to do to even get it to this point. You know, I say this also being fully aware of what it's like to negotiate piece, or at least a ceasefire, a truce between rival neighborhoods, let alone rival nations. I'm going to read a few things from this appendix about which are like the deal points. So you're supposed to start the nineteenth and in the most shady way possible is re'll just throw in a bunch of extra licks, dropped a bunch of extra bombs.
Speaker 3: Hundred more people died because.
Speaker 2: It was like, well, we weren'tupposed to stop till nineteenth, Like the bel didn't ring yet, so we keep bombing.
Speaker 3: Just it's it's hard to cheer for, y'all.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, So the Stage two preparations the parties in the Mediator's objective is to achieve a final consensus to implement the May twenty seventh, which is my birthday, twenty twenty four, agreement of exchange of hostages and prisoners and the return of sustainable claim, which would achieve a permanent cease fire. Now keep in mind again, this is what I'm trying to tell you. It's been on the table since May twenty seventh to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: So don't y'all dare give Trump the credit for this?
Speaker 2: All right, All procedures of the first stage will continue in Stage two, so as long as the negotiations and the conditions of implementing Stage two are ongoing, and the guarantee your cores of this agreement shall work to ensure the negotiations will continue until the agreement is reached. So here are the stages. The withdrawal of Israeli forces right eastwards from densely populated areas along the Gaza Strip, including Wadi Gaza right, and the Israeli forces will be deployed in a perimeter seven hundred meters with an exception of five localized points to be increased to no more than four hundred meters maps agreed on by both sides.
Speaker 3: Right prisoner exchange.
Speaker 2: The nine ill and wounded of the list of thirty three will be released in exchange for the one hundred and ten Palestinian prisoners with life sentences, is will release one thousand Gaza detainees elderly men.
Speaker 3: Kay, I can't read that. Not allowed to say that, right, and then.
Speaker 2: Let me move on because some of this I'm not allowed to say.
Speaker 3: The Philadelphi Corridor.
Speaker 2: The israel Day side will gradually reduce its forces in the corridor area during stage one, based on the accompanying maps and agreement on both flies. And then after the last hostage is released from stage one on day forty two, the Israeli forces will begin to withdraw and complete with grin their withdrawal and complete it no later than day fifty on the Rafa Boarding crossing will be ready to transfer civilians and the wounded. After the release of all women, civilian and soldiers. Israel will work towards the readiness of this crossing as soon as the agreement is signed. There's an exit of all wounded civilians right and a return of unarmed and internally displaced. So these are the terms that I know of. And then the last one is the humanitarian aid protocol. Humanitarian aid procedures under this agreement will be done subject to the humanitarian protocol agreed upon under the.
Speaker 3: Two supervised mediators.
Speaker 2: Give our people back, let's exchange our people, let's put our guns down.
Speaker 3: Now, Clearly, this does not solve the two state solution issue.
Speaker 2: This does not fix the settlements in the West Bank. This will not change anyone's mind concerning their prejudice.
Speaker 3: But here's the thought.
Speaker 2: On the Hama side, nig you're out of guns, bro, because Hesbella got the ass whooked. The Houthis jumped in and they really didn't help. Iran's busy right now because the asside regimee just fell. You ain't got no backup because you are really really in sent advised to end this shit. On the Israeli side, all sympathies has left. No one has sympathy for you anymore. And you got a president coming in from America who is remember your pusher, who's like, if you don't end this shit, I'm blowing this mug up.
Speaker 3: Now. We don't know what that means. We just know that.
Speaker 2: Trump is so messy that it could mean a million things. Israel's incentivized to keep Trump on his side. On their side also because like I said that in Yahoo facing charges just like Trump is, so he's absolutely incentivized to like.
Speaker 3: Make sure the shit get done.
Speaker 2: And as of today, some people have returned home, which is something to try celebrate. People were able to come back and see the holes blew out of their houses, but at least the bomb stopped. Now, the last question I would ask y'all is who won this? We we think one is that even the right term Palestine can say if their hope was to remind the rest of the world of what they were going through. That's what they said, Or ask what Hama said. It's like we're trying to remind like y'all forgot about us. This is the only way to get everybody to pay attention to like the apartheid we existed under.
Speaker 3: Their entire city is destroyed.
Speaker 2: Like I said, of this of Goads's displaced, it's sewage, it's famine. This is gonna go on for decades, even if even after the bomb stops. Children are dead, the infrastructures destroyed. Hermasa is definitely not gone. But they got the world's attention. But they didn't wipe They did and get wiped out.
Speaker 3: Is that a win? It survived another round? Israel? Did you win?
Speaker 2: You wiped out ninety percent of Gaza. We didn't end jim As. Did you get your hostages back? I mean you could have got your hostages back on May in May, so that's not just what you wanted. Did you prove your point? You win your your big tough guy?
Speaker 3: Did you win?
Speaker 2: These are the questions when you grew up in the hood, like you know, and I say that loosely, like My upbringing wasn't that bad. Like it could have been much worse. It was split, you know, like I got to go to high school in the Inland Empire and it was nice. Now I didn't go all the way out to like the you know, Sam Fardino, I'd be different when went all the way out there no more, you know what I'm saying. But like my high school, it wasn't that bad. My neighborhood I'm from was wild, but definitely I hadn't experience what a lot of my friends experienced a lot of my family experience. But that being said, you get a little space from it. You was like, bust this mission, you know, you throw this fade, you know, you crash out here and there, Like.
Speaker 3: What's this? Did we win'?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 2: What did we accomplish? I don't know, man, nobody wins in the family feud. We'll see what next season holds the politics. All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your Boy Propaganda tap in with me at prop hip Hop dot If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got Terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your Boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beat Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com.
Speaker 3: I'm a speller for you because I know M A T T O S O W s ki.
Speaker 2: Dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat Politics is a member of Cool Zone Media. Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week. Addition, and Roman of the