Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Selective Ignorance. However, before we get to this week's episode, I want to remind you guys to purchase my book No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power. So feel free to go to your local bookstores preferably queer owned, black owned, or woman owned to support them, but also just click the button on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, or wherever you read your books.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: That is No Holds Barred, a dual manifesto of sexual exploration and power, written by yours truly and my co host of the Decisions Decisions podcast, Weezy.
Speaker 2: Make sure y'all get that. Now, let's get to this week's episode. This is Mandy be.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Selective Ignorance, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and Ihart Radio. What's up, y'all, Welcome to another episode of Selective.
Speaker 2: Ignorance with you girl, Mandy B and Baby.
Speaker 1: We are getting into all the things from this week, and we're damn near the entire country was either ice out literally or snowed snowed out, snowed in.
Speaker 2: All the things we're gonna get into.
Speaker 1: How we had our ignorant thoughts in moments during the ice storm here in the South, and we're getting into the panicking, the over preparing, the underpreparing, and the new scamp that I found out here in Atlanta that's taken place, and I want to alert you and the rest of the country. Then up first, and this is America is everyone for sale? We're talking IP ownership in the creator economy. After Kevin Hart licensed his entire name, and then TikToker Cobby Lea May sold his brand for almost nine hundred million, and then some random woman on TikTok who sung about doctor Peppa got two million dollars from that company.
Speaker 2: Doctor Pepper Bay Bay He's good and.
Speaker 1: N So we're talking all of those things as well as y'all know last.
Speaker 2: Week I touched on kaisanat reading on stream.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to get into a log that was just passed that is now banning books and magazines from prison and kind of what that means, who it impacts in why literacy feels kind of controversial already in twenty twenty six. Then in celebrities say the darness things, y'all, it's loaded. We're talking Kanye apology Cameron kind of embarrassing his ex talking about assets and liabilities, and then Gervonte Davis gets stripped of his title.
Speaker 2: To his own actions.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're getting into all of the things, but not before I introduce my team. I am joined by my super producers. We got you know, we got journalism. Jason signed in from Jersey.
Speaker 2: Over there.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, trying to stay warm?
Speaker 2: You said, what now?
Speaker 3: I said, trying to stay warm over here?
Speaker 1: We're we apparently are really in global warming because maybe we are also trying to stay warm here. Currently we are recording this the day. Y'all are probably listening to this episode. It is twenty four degrees in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 2: What the hell is that?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: We also got podcast O g A King with the York. You brought, you brought all the New York for the years.
Speaker 4: What you did, Atlanta York? What up?
Speaker 2: Atlanta York?
Speaker 4: Atlanta York?
Speaker 2: That is what we're colleague.
Speaker 5: Love seeing Atlans wearing timberlands and snorkels and bubble No New York welcome.
Speaker 2: I ain't even gonna hold you.
Speaker 1: I didn't know motherfuckers in Georgia own timberlands like they live. They are dressing like some Yankees if I ever seen one.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yo, yeah, from where you from?
Speaker 2: Where you from?
Speaker 3: Twin twin twin, not the lingo with the accents.
Speaker 1: Listen, not twin by the way, you cannot see her, But we have a woman who joined the cast here.
Speaker 2: We got Yomi over there on the ones and Tues.
Speaker 1: And then of course I'm joined by my journalism Jason aka John aka the real Jason Lee aka the Headline King.
Speaker 5: Huh pod blessing all the yap niggas period.
Speaker 2: Oh see what I mean?
Speaker 5: You just be quickly God blessing all the yapt niggas like that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, so excited.
Speaker 1: We are recording this on Tuesday, the day the episode is dropping, because we have all been kind of snowed in but scared to like make plans to have y'all niggas drive because y'all actually don't live in Atlanta proper.
Speaker 2: Y'all kind of.
Speaker 1: Are on the outskirts, like Atlanta is not the address on your mail, it's something else, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: My address, my my uh male goes to Dunwoodie, Georgia, the good old suburbs.
Speaker 2: Y'all are some suburbans. What about your that key? Oh y'all can't.
Speaker 4: See the face, he said.
Speaker 2: These niggas not knowing my address out here, they're not.
Speaker 5: Going to addy her taxes.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, are you.
Speaker 5: To let me not ask you how you I am? I appreciate Amendment, the second Amendment, Constitution, but.
Speaker 4: Soon I'll be able to participate, fair.
Speaker 2: Participate.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I guess let's get right into this ice storm that impacted everyone's weekend, that had us bunkered in, that had us scared I have. Okay, let me just go ahead and lead. I'm gonna start with my ignorance real quick. Okay, First off, what I realized, and y'all have heard me talk about it before, Right, I'm not gonna fight the zombies, but apparently what's gonna do me before the zombies is the global warming and climate change that impacts us, because although we were given at least it's a week of preparation. Yeah, it got to uh Sunday, No, yeah, it was Sunday, and I realized all I bought was charcouterie board item, so I had hummus to ziki fruit and cheeses. And then my homegirl shout out to her. She brought me the proshoodo.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Can't have it without the without the port, without the swan. In fact, so I realized that I am like mind you. I grew up in Florida, so we used to have to prepare for hurricane Yeah, but I realized my mama prepared us because she had to worry about us as kids. When you are kidless and all you gotta do is worry about yourself, you like, I'll make it. I'll be just fine. Really, my mom was calling me, telling me get out of there. I said, bitch, you is a hurricane chaser.
Speaker 2: As a white woman.
Speaker 1: Okay, you be ready to sit outside with your cigarette pack and a Bacardi and coke watching the storm go by, And you want me to get out of here, I said, girl, I lived in New York.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: And then she was like, no, I heard power was gonna go out. I said, I got coats, I got blankets. But I realized I didn't prepare myself really for food. So here's here, here we go where we get into the ignorance of it. All right, So I look outside. It ain't looked at icy, it wasn't really snowing. So we started calling restaurants.
Speaker 2: You open, you open, you opened. Now my homegirl has a tesla.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I ain't.
Speaker 2: Gonna want to I was scared for the tesla to go on. Mind you, the thing froze.
Speaker 1: She had to preheat her car with an app in order to even get into it.
Speaker 2: She couldn't open the handle. The truck went opened. Of course, she didn't know that. She ain't know a lot of it about the goddamn tesla.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so elon musk got niggas having a warm up. They ship like a hot pocket to get into it if you drop anywhere.
Speaker 2: So we're calling these restaurants.
Speaker 1: We're calling these restaurants, and we realized we don't really want to drive, but at this point we're willing to put someone else in danger to.
Speaker 2: So we call the restaurants.
Speaker 1: We see who open, and in order for us to get over the fact that we're making people work during a state of emergency, we decided it's not our fault. They got to take that up with the owner. The owner made you come in, so while you're working, we're gonna make sure you were take it up with the owner.
Speaker 2: Right, This is real ignorant, y'all.
Speaker 1: I know, but this is my thought because bitch, we wanted food and we was hungry, and we had already ate the charco We ate like two or three charcouterie meal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you eat?
Speaker 2: So mind you. We also had noodles. She made a tuna sandwich.
Speaker 4: I have, yes, no, I do have.
Speaker 2: I do half the season and half half the season.
Speaker 5: This package probably still two daily.
Speaker 3: It's like a week's worth.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, you should have saw me too.
Speaker 1: I bought this noodle pack specifically from the farmers market, so it's a product of Singapore. So I was like, it has to be more healthy than the product of the US, the noodles and noodles, because anyways, I thought it was healthier. Okay, So anyway, anyways, we found we found a spot that was open Wings and Pasta real Atlanta.
Speaker 4: In the name of the restaurant, the ship that we serve that's some really.
Speaker 2: Even even even more Atlanta. It's called hungary A f.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Are you looking at the see that actually have physical locations? They yea, they do, they have, And it's up until two three in general, when you you know, on the I don't be caring.
Speaker 1: Honestly, if it's made in a ghost kitchen, it's probably the kitchens is all sketch.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm eating some fire meals out of ghost kitchen and I'm fine with it.
Speaker 2: So we decide to order from Hungary af.
Speaker 1: We decide we're not hopping in your tesla, so I hop my ass on the Uber Eats. So I get to the Uber Eats. This is a place that delivers in like thirty minutes. I said, ooh, bitch, we about to about to eat up good or.
Speaker 2: This is how hungry we are. I'm tracking.
Speaker 1: I said, ooh, he's picking up our order. Oo he got our order. Ooh, he's seven minutes away. That's seven minutes away. Was seven minutes away for about twenty minutes. Then I noticed he's going a different direction. So here go. Here go, Crystal like, well, girl, maybe there's an accident. Bitch, you know what to say the emergency they told people say off the roads.
Speaker 2: Maybe he had to go another way. I said, bitch, you on a motorbike.
Speaker 4: He could get on the sidewalk like on a motorbike. O you gonna be dead? That might, do you know?
Speaker 2: So here I go Hey, I see you're not moving. Are you okay?
Speaker 4: He reads it concerned citizens.
Speaker 2: I was, I literally politeness first, mine you all on I screenshot at.
Speaker 4: These I'm reading it right now now you.
Speaker 1: Don't even know because mine you He's supposed to be seven minutes away.
Speaker 2: Bet So I'm like, hey, are you okay?
Speaker 1: I see you're not moving. This was at six forty five PM. I hit him seven minutes later, because again he only supposed to be seven minutes away, but at this point he is no longer moving.
Speaker 2: I'm zooming, zooming into the map.
Speaker 4: What's your complex this point?
Speaker 2: It's an apartment complex.
Speaker 4: What's your hunger meter?
Speaker 2: That's a good Oh I'm angry eating pickles and cheese for a day. I'm angry. So I go and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: It goes from arrives at six forty two, arrives fifty one, rise at six fifty eight, arise at seven ten, arise at seven fifteen.
Speaker 2: He's not moving.
Speaker 1: He is at Ashley our Auburn Point apartments. Oh yeah, I'm putting it out there. Maybe we bleep it. I don't know, but I see the apartment complex that he he chilling. He not moving, So I text him again, Hey, I see you're not moving. I know there's ice. Are you okay? This is when I was.
Speaker 5: Concerned compassionate man.
Speaker 3: Wise and the hey bro, nice brow that.
Speaker 4: Yet because.
Speaker 5: She's like, I don't want to miss him completely. But hey, I know this bad weather. But but however, you ready?
Speaker 2: So I go to just look at his account.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm like, Devon got my food. Let me see what Divon motherfucking do y'all. Divon has zero delivery dirty games, I said, zero zero And why do you.
Speaker 2: Including me because nigga, he did You.
Speaker 1: Didn't deliver my food either, I said. I said, oh, this is a new scam. I said, niggas is creating Uber Eats accounts to get meals. And at this point, I'm like, damn, he did this for shrimp pasta, salmon pasta and honey lemon pepper wings.
Speaker 3: You got to run the photo if it's an AI photo.
Speaker 2: By the way, By the way, I want to tell you.
Speaker 1: I want to tell y'all about this restaurant because never have I ever seen a restaurant with ten different renditions of something with lemon pepper. We talk about Biracials turned lemon pepper into a thing that just gets mixed with everything else. So it was honey, garlic, lemon pepper, honey, lemon pepper, barbecue lemon pepper, spicy lemon pepper, dried lemon pepper, what lemon pepper, lemon pepper? They had lemon pepper and ranch seasoning. Never saw that before.
Speaker 5: I think lemon pepper is a new obey, but oh yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: No no, no no, I think I think, no, no, no, not obey a dobo.
Speaker 5: And everything eggs.
Speaker 2: I don't want lemon pepper my eggs. So anyways, I don't know if y'all know.
Speaker 1: Customer service with Uber Eats was very difficult, and because it was a state of emergency, Niggas was like, nah, give them time, I said, Nigga, he had my food for forty one minutes.
Speaker 2: Hold on in cold weather.
Speaker 1: At this point, my food about to be cold if I ever get it, I said him, also holding on to food for forty one minutes.
Speaker 2: I don't want it.
Speaker 1: So I had to go back and forth with getting my refund, and then this was the last of it, and me and my best friend decided to be like, did you want to try from your account?
Speaker 2: She was like, but what if it happens again?
Speaker 1: I said, if it happens again, we got to take this up with the sky Daddy.
Speaker 2: Because he ain't want us to eat. He wanted to show as a lesson, and we got to go back to the shark hooterie shit in the fridge.
Speaker 1: But luckily the food ended up coming on her app and Uber Eats gave him my money back.
Speaker 2: But it taught me that in case of a.
Speaker 1: Real emergency, when Uber Eats and Restaurants is not working, but you will starve to death before anything else.
Speaker 5: You better than me taking it up with Scott Daddy. I went to the other guy like a who's the other guy?
Speaker 4: Satan?
Speaker 5: I took that saying, at least got daddy is abra. I need you to go get somebody right.
Speaker 1: It's cold ast hell outside.
Speaker 4: I'm frozen inside my career.
Speaker 1: We've eaten salt to go out my heat work.
Speaker 2: Now, calm down.
Speaker 5: Do you think that the Uber eats uh scammy? Do you think that he determined whether or not he's gonna execute the order by what.
Speaker 4: The order was? I was like like, oh ship she gott Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's my other favorite dish.
Speaker 4: Or asparagus and steam rice he would have delivered.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm actually I wonder if they're able to see the full order before they get there, because you know, like Uber drivers aren't able to the final destination until they accept what.
Speaker 4: Or when they get it, until you get in the car.
Speaker 2: Right, he said, what the receipt?
Speaker 4: Oh, he's because they said, hey, what's the name?
Speaker 5: And then they might mention one or two items just for confirmation and then that'll you know, validated and keep HI pushing, you know, might oh this is my rosterpasta. Yeah, I would be like Infinity Stones, like I got some lobster from you, I got a steak from you. If you need it to twelve people, I'm gonna just run this thing up until they fire me.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he would make multiple accounts to do that.
Speaker 1: So, so that's where I would love to know if there are any Uber Eats delivery drivers that listen to this. I want to know how easy it is for y'all to make accounts or what needs to be verified? Because Devon is over there rated. Hold on, that's the other thing I need. I need to know he's rated a top rated courier. How you right it? Top rted with zero delivery.
Speaker 3: I want, I want the best part of his picture.
Speaker 4: Okay, license for confirmation.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna hold you black men, I love you. But now, but.
Speaker 1: Now, we just got to the place where I don't want y'all to clean my house, do my grocery shopping or picking up my Uber Eats orders like black men.
Speaker 2: Where is the trust between us? Because it's been.
Speaker 1: It's been lost upon me, y'all, And that's an ignorant way to think.
Speaker 2: I know. But now I'm a little, I'm a little. I'm a little. I'm about to even start riding her app. You know there's a her Ride.
Speaker 1: Y'all aren't familiar with her Ride. It is an app I don't know about, so her Ride and I only really see it promoted heavily here.
Speaker 2: In Atlanta for good reason.
Speaker 4: Of course.
Speaker 1: Her Ride is an Uber apps woman owned company where only women.
Speaker 2: Drivers are the drivers. So you can.
Speaker 1: Download the app and as a woman, and you're safer to get in.
Speaker 4: A car with crazy. It's even a thing that we have to create a.
Speaker 2: Set up, set up a goddamn town hall amongst other men.
Speaker 1: Why are we so scared? Y'all need to work on the behavior of your own cad.
Speaker 5: No, that's how bad. There's a misogyny economy. That's how crazy to.
Speaker 2: Show misogyny economy.
Speaker 5: Like there are there are services and goods and businesses specifically catered to women because they don't feel safe around you niggas.
Speaker 4: I have an ignorant take.
Speaker 5: When I call customer service for you know, the handle issue or credit dispute or whatever. If I hear a dude pick up, I hang up. I hang up until I get a woman.
Speaker 3: Facts.
Speaker 5: My thought processes a man to deny me as soon as you're telling the problem.
Speaker 4: Now, we can't help you. A woman? Hey, how you doing? What's the like from New York?
Speaker 1: I thought you was gonna go somewhere so different. I thought you were gonna say if you If they answered and it was like, hello, my name is done.
Speaker 4: You want to hear enough? Okay? Who has an accent like that and say Indian person?
Speaker 5: I would talk to an Indian person before I talked to a nigga.
Speaker 4: Oh, when I'm dealing with dispute.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy. I ain't gonna hold you when I called Delta because you know they Hey, I like Tyron helping.
Speaker 6: Me nigga.
Speaker 4: Different.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm going through this airport? He'd be like, man, I know it's crazy and is so help his sister.
Speaker 2: I love calling Delta and a nigga picked up.
Speaker 4: That's just different though, you know they a little.
Speaker 1: Different different, But I thought you was gonna go with the Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't like when I hear dudes they just very know.
Speaker 5: Some of these niggas the only power they have in their life is when they pick up the phone to get to the side whether or not you get your money back talk to them. So like when they get it behind that phone, it's like, oh, I'm thanos now.
Speaker 4: I mean before yeah, right right, don't get to that.
Speaker 2: You got it. You got a quick ignorance take before we get into.
Speaker 5: I was thinking I had one, and then I was listening to your story about the Uber Eats and Divine and I thought about another one that I had. They kind of remind me of you. Not that ship, damn, because we know that many don't like nobody kids. Many don't give a ship about about nobody that You're right, So we can't prepare for this storm and we're going around. I'm buying stuff, I'm making a trip to publics of buying water. They brought up all the water. I probably played myself. They brought up all the water, all the chicken. So I'm like, all right, I'm gonna grab these couple of things. And then I was like, damn, I don't really have Like I come to the same thing. I had not charcooterie, but I had snacks and random sho I don't have no real foods.
Speaker 4: Let me out here.
Speaker 5: You get the sandwich. Go to the public's deli, get a sandwich. The public sub here and public in My mouth was set. I was like, oh my fuck, this public. Get to the deli. There's one person in front of me. Cool, I'm gonna get in here and get out of here. As I'm walking to the counter, I see the whole role of the deli counter is lined up with bread, and I'm like, what's going on here? The lady in front of me ordered thirteen public sandwiches. She got money, man, brob they hit like them quiz nos prices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, used to be a lead the subway. Yeah, public stubs ain't cheap.
Speaker 5: Going there, get that boy's head if you want to. That bitch is gonna run you fifteen dollars, she had thirteen sandwich.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 5: The lady is trying to go down the line, squeeze and mustard. She got a different order for everyone, all.
Speaker 4: Of these individual things.
Speaker 5: And I'm sitting there and I'm looking at the back of her head, and I'm like, if I had like laser eyes, I would just, like you care something, I would just burn this lady's scalp off right now, Like, who the fuck orders thirteen?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: You said you would turning the homelander, yeah.
Speaker 4: Real homelander vibes. I was really feeling like yo, because who does that? When she let's play red, black, brown, and yellow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I'm gonna say she was black?
Speaker 8: Oh man nah to I want to say, which is like that has to be a white person.
Speaker 5: It'd beyond people. Oh how many kids this lady had. She's gonna tell the lady that just making the sandwiches. Yeah, I ain't cooking nothing for my kids and husband and.
Speaker 3: I somebody, yeah, somebody to line up thirteen like that?
Speaker 4: Mercy.
Speaker 3: When are y'all gone to the stores though, Like.
Speaker 5: I bullshit, I didn't go till Friday.
Speaker 1: By the way, By the way, conspiracy Time Okay, ice storm created by the government. Why y'all remember last week we talked about the piece of chicken, the piece of broccoli, and the tortilla. Because we've been talking about grocery prices and how nobody can afford grocery, government said, let's see if y'all really can afford them, bitch, grocery stores cleared out across the entire hold on water is gone gone.
Speaker 4: You couldn't even.
Speaker 1: Find water, You couldn't find certain cheese, the meats were gone. When I say that, the people who actually know how to be prepared, unlike me, cleared out them grocery stores. So now that we're back on the other side of it, I wouldn't doubt that the government is in like, oh, these niggas can afford you.
Speaker 8: Just you know, there was there was a chicken chain issue too. On top of that, wait, there was a what issue? There was a chicken supply chain issue. Coincidentally, if I'm adding on to your conspiracy, the same week of the storm, it was the supply chain issue with chickens up and down the East coast.
Speaker 2: See what I mean, we.
Speaker 5: Might got to get one of them ten foil bucket hats when I hate conspiracy theories, but I might I might focus you on I always say, if I'm an economist, I'm watching how people spend during the holidays because we're supposed to be in a recession, right, We're supposed to be watching that money. But then when you go to these stores, everything's gone to your point, all right. They said the power it might have power outages. That was my biggest fear, because they say it could be a month, a week.
Speaker 4: Whatever. I went to.
Speaker 5: I looked up generators, Oh, you know, not much a generator legit Yeah, plus plus the warrant minimum gone yep, age hardware home depot, wal Martins Lows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the northern tool by the way.
Speaker 1: By the way, snowstorm up in the north, but the south got ice. But this is how, this is why I think the government did it. Florida wasn't even included. But they was eighty six degrees on Sunday while we were sitting here with ice, ice sickles from the power lines. Make it makes sense anyway, That was my conspiracy theory. That's funny that you you ain't want that woman to feed her kids with public suber Did.
Speaker 4: You make thirteen yourself. Huh did you get they have enough bread for you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I had to sit there and I got like there was like three rolls left, and I had to get weak.
Speaker 4: I didn't even want to get Were you bracing yourself for that?
Speaker 5: Like yeah, because I was worried she was going to get a text or a phone call and be like, ah, my dirty ass nephews and nieces coming over here. I gotta get some more sandwiches. Like I would sit there looking like, hey, I feel like this is one of those call a head like you know, you go to a restaurant, you can should go to a restaurant to have like walk in with pople You got to call it head, get a party. So I feel like that's a catering order. Come on, all different orders, all different orders, all different turkey club and go home about your business. No thirteen complete unique sandwiches. Sh but that woman in her kids kids all right?
Speaker 2: Anyways, let's get into this as America.
Speaker 4: Don't you sipping off?
Speaker 1: And we're talking is everybody for sale?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I want to include all three of these together because they're all three different.
Speaker 2: Types of deals.
Speaker 1: But I want us to kind of really share our thoughts about it. I'll talk about what happened with Kevin Hart and Kaby Lame and then we're going to get into a fun game with the woman who sold the doctor Pepper jingle for two million dollars. So not sure if you guys were aware, but Kevin Hart inked a deal for his name. So Kevin Hart is now sold to Authorsic Brand Group, where they will license his name to get him brands, products, all these other things.
Speaker 2: Now I looked up.
Speaker 1: And I want to bring up Actually I did a quick little research on it on what really it entailed. But it's really interesting because basically he still owns his name.
Speaker 2: This was more of like an ip move right now.
Speaker 4: So they have this for a limited amount of time.
Speaker 2: It is it limited?
Speaker 8: Well, it's so he entered into a partnership where he's I think what makes it unique is that he became a stakeholder in the company, so the company and Kevin Hart together will co manage his name. But like usually these deals are like when people passed, so like Muhammad Ali has a deal with the company, has a state did it with the company. Marilyn Monroe has a deal with the state. So it's unique and that he's alive. So I think the difference is he became like a stakeholder to manage it as well to a company.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't mean that he doesn't act anymore perform. He's still able to do all of those things, right, he's just now he's turned his name into a business essentially. Now Now, kave le May, who is a TikTok creator, did the same thing.
Speaker 2: He did a nine hundred million dollar deal, right, but the nine hundred.
Speaker 1: Million dollar deal was for shares into a company, so it wasn't a cash payout. And I thought that this was really interesting because what his deal is is kind of the same. They're able to take his business, his content and license it into all.
Speaker 2: Of these different moves.
Speaker 1: However, the interesting thing about this and what makes it different than Kevin Harts is this includes the company creating an AI.
Speaker 2: Digital twin of Kavi Lea May.
Speaker 1: So the agreement includes plans to use his likeness, voice, and behavioral data to create an AI version of him that can generate multi lingual content and branded activations beyond his physical availability.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Josh, it's just crazy.
Speaker 5: Like listen, man, don't never let nobody tell you that it can't happen.
Speaker 4: It can happen for you.
Speaker 2: It could happen for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, doesn't talk.
Speaker 2: No, he literally don't talk.
Speaker 4: He doesn't talk, and he's.
Speaker 5: Being paid nine hundred million dollars to create a digital version of him that talks.
Speaker 8: Yes, very that's almost the genius of it too, because you don't know what he sounds like, and each language you can create a new voice and people will think.
Speaker 3: That's that is actually that's what he sounds like.
Speaker 1: Now now for y'all who don't know, he is the most followed person on TikTok, so he essentially is the TikTok version of a Kai Sadat and what Kai Sanat was able to do or actually I show speed actually is now the biggest ones since he just completed his tour of Africa.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I found this to be really interesting. I think.
Speaker 1: To make yourself a company or to be able to sell yourself, bitch, I'm selling, I sell myself for a lot less.
Speaker 2: I absolutely find this.
Speaker 1: Incredible that as a creator, you don't have to feel burgined or is that the word right, virgin b.
Speaker 2: U E R g O.
Speaker 1: Maybe I've been I've been reading what is the definition of the word that we're looking for.
Speaker 2: Uh, Like it just sounded.
Speaker 4: Insertunder sound effect here.
Speaker 2: Anyway to know that.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be this person that has to constantly show up or be in front of the camera. Like I saw a clip of keV on stage right. He talked about every day he posts two to three videos a day to his socials. Across the year, he might post two thousand, three thousand videos, he said.
Speaker 2: Of that three thousand video.
Speaker 1: He may want to do twenty five, but he has to a part of why he can sell these tickets on tour, a part of why he's able to get these deals with these networks for his content is because he has to do this amount of output. As a job, he's depending on putting out this amount of content.
Speaker 2: So imagine being able to sell yourself.
Speaker 1: For nine hundred and seventy five million dollars and a company be able to replicate that without you actually having to do the physical work.
Speaker 2: I would do it.
Speaker 5: So I guess my question would be in like especially in Kevin Heart's Well, I guess for both of them, but like for Kevin Hart, he's part of the company, so I'm assuming that he has obviously some say in what the things are that they use. It use his likeness for right, I mean that is that I'm glad you.
Speaker 2: Brought that up.
Speaker 1: Cobbies is shared control, so he does still have say with this company, right. Brand governance is central for Kaby distributed with Kevin Hart. So again his team has a lot of say now here's the issue or not really issue commercial decisions. So when you're bringing in all those things, Kevin Hart's is collaborative, Kaby has no say it's corporate led, so a part of Kaby, but again someone who hasn't said anything. He's a Senegalese immigrant here in America, and I think he might have left America, but he's someone that may have no idea of how to run this thing to me not. It's similar to the difference between a Joe Budden and a Charlemagne. Right, Joe Budden is leading his own entity, has created himself as a corporation and is running himself Joe Budden.
Speaker 2: Network as a corporation.
Speaker 1: Then you have Charlemagne, who is who learns corporate but in partnership with iHeart. So I think that's kind of what this this kind of would look like from a podcast.
Speaker 5: Like you think that that's predicated on the opportunity that presents us.
Speaker 2: I think that too. I agree, Like how.
Speaker 4: Much is Mandy b how much you would you sell your name in likeness today? I'm not dis expensive.
Speaker 1: I mean I think that that's well when you talk about selling yourself too, right, it's do you believe that you're worth right now? Is larger than this because when you go to work with a company, you're letting oftentimes a company say what they what they valuate you as. And so if someone comes in and wants to buy me right now, but I have full belief that nah, this is about to grow, I might want to hold off and sell myself later down the line and continue investing into myself, right.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I think it's different.
Speaker 1: I right now license my things so I completely own the IP of Horrible Decisions and what Weezy and I have created over there this right now that I'm building out and creating, including the Patreon, the YouTube, what this is still waiting on the trademark, but I'm building another IP. So this is all different then, of course it's me, but it's I'm building my singular equity and brand currently because I've been a part of duos for so long as well. You know, so I ain't got a number right now, but I got a number, if that makes sense.
Speaker 5: But it's that number probably has eight figures on it.
Speaker 2: Oh nothing less. I would go up to nine figures. Yeah, yeah, but that's that.
Speaker 4: That's that masterpiece.
Speaker 5: It though, like you know, when was a universal I believe Jason that that that he was initially gonna partner with with with no limit looking forward deal. I think he offered them ten million dollars and he turned it down because he was like, yeah, the quote he said was like, if they're going to give me ten million dollars, then what must I really be worth?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: M So like that number, whatever number they're gonna give you, they're not gonna give you.
Speaker 4: What's your worth.
Speaker 5: They're only gonna give you a percentage that makes them money. So if they're giving you that kind of money, what do they So I guess I'm saying that to say is that like if for copy it might be one thing because he doesn't talk, so I don't know what he considers his brand right to be. But for Kevin Hart is like if they're putting your name or your likeness on things that you don't really fuck with, or it comes out later that something they put your name on is suspect or has something going on with it and you just have to eat it that, you know, I would assume.
Speaker 2: There's definitely some level of morality.
Speaker 1: Again, A King brought up that that Kevin is still alive, so I would I would assume that there's more say to that. Like even being a part of the Black Effect network, right, like, we get we get things that come in and we can approve or deny certain ads. So like y'all ain't gonna hear no Charlie Kirk network ads over here, right, Yeah, you're not gonna hear that shit, right, Like even I think at one point is it was a really big thing for us not.
Speaker 2: To promote what was its y'all what you did.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna sell them things, but just certain things that made not align with us, I know, political things like there was y'all might not know this, but Bloomberg when he was running uh in New York or entering one of the Bloomberg was.
Speaker 2: Willing to spend money on the podcast, and there.
Speaker 1: Was a lot of conversation whether we wanted to politicize. Clearly, we get on and talk about the orange cheeto and kamala, but having actual ads, you know, it's a little.
Speaker 4: It's a different thing.
Speaker 2: It's a different thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, you don't want to get caught up like this ship is going on with Desi Banks to me is like kind of fascinating and what's happening with so there was I forget the outlet, Jason. I don't know if you heard this story or now maybe you know what the outlet is. There was an outlet that basically did some it was doing investigating into massade and this like I don't know, I don't know how you want to describe as so side. I don't know if it's like a I don't know if you call it a terrorist organization, like a political resistance organization of dubious means.
Speaker 2: How the fun Banks and.
Speaker 5: So apparently a company I think what it was was a company that was running trying to recruit people and like an ad agency, was running ads through podcasts and different forms of content and somehow they ended up doing business with Desi Banks company or allegedly that's what's being that's what's being said.
Speaker 4: So now I'm looking at it. Now people are digging.
Speaker 5: Into like, did does he know about this? Did not know about this? If he didn't know about this, who is in charge of his business?
Speaker 2: I know his team, So I about to go ask.
Speaker 4: It's turned into.
Speaker 2: Also a person I know ain't on the sea no more.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say that too. I am not gang gang right right because.
Speaker 5: My gang gang like And so his des he Bank's name is being circulated interesting places that you would never political in the Washington Washington Post, in these places that you wouldn't expect to see his name because his company allegedly has ties to this international group. So now it's like a it's like an international incident almost that has this American comedian content creator been helping to spread the message of some terroristic regime like oh yai, yes, international law, oh yi potentially?
Speaker 4: Do you see what? You see what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Said, I'm reading his comment.
Speaker 8: So the headline a Google suspends ad account of Atlanta influencer used to recruit Iranian agents for the massade, and uh it's he He put out a statement and he says, here, stop believing byes. I hate this happened to me because I don't even know what any of this is. People are really getting fooled for clickbait. Someone used my LLC without my knowledge how I don't know yet. I don't even know if half of what's being posted is real. But my team is digging to.
Speaker 3: It right now. I have no ideas doing this or why.
Speaker 5: That's some scary ship like they might be. They could be looking at him like he's a spy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Iranian, I don't want to be linked and want to and then right now, like you know, you don't want to and like to Daisy's point, like to you know, shoot him some bail, like he might not have anything to do with this.
Speaker 5: If again, who's running your business and who's approving ads and who's approving these these different things. There's money that comes through where is it coming from?
Speaker 1: And I think that goes back to what we're saying when you align yourself with now these companies, even if you're a shareholder, even if you're getting equity in the business, like what are the decisions really being.
Speaker 2: Made and how do they align with what you want?
Speaker 4: Be careful because you could get spooky. Now.
Speaker 1: I like what you said at the top, you said this, This could happen for anyone now in a different way.
Speaker 2: A TikTok creator by the name.
Speaker 1: Of Romeo Bingam made a new jingle for Doctor Pepper that was so catchy that the soda company licensed it in a major TV ad, which I've heard rumblings that this may be shown during Super Bowl. That's why she got this payout, because they wanted to use this jingle for a Super Bowl ad. So we'll see it next week if it is or this weekend. Terms of the deal weren't disclosed, but they are saying that it was an upward of two million dollars to use this jingle, and this led to a fury of people creating jingles.
Speaker 2: Now, Jason, I do want you if you could pull up just some.
Speaker 1: Of these jingles that had been created because people saw this two million dollar payout and was like, oh bitch, all I got to do is make a little jingle, a little jingle jingle, and I can hit that lot of So, Jason, if you could pull up the clip with the other people creating their jingles, yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's go through them.
Speaker 5: Was the first one is that in prison, got to give my hands.
Speaker 2: Let's see the next one let's see the next one.
Speaker 4: Okay, we gotta make a thing song for Coca Cola, y'all.
Speaker 5: I'm sitting him thinking, I was like, I mean calling me things too, Okay, so go like this, shall hear me out?
Speaker 6: Pop that top?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You know the code on it, man, it's Coca Colon mode.
Speaker 2: Mm.
Speaker 6: I like.
Speaker 4: That's right there. I like that.
Speaker 6: Two million dollars mountain, two million dollars.
Speaker 2: You mean to tell me that you make two million dollars about jingle jangle?
Speaker 4: What do you want for dinner? A pizza?
Speaker 2: Huzza pizzay?
Speaker 9: Okay, now you know what fresh lettuce, three Jesus fresh dress and wrecked up in there, sasty flower.
Speaker 2: Let's say your christy chick is.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: So I decided, yes, I decided we're gonna have fun here as the selective ignorance Gang Gang Gang and I wanted us to give each other either a product or a fast food chained.
Speaker 2: Restaurant that we think we could create a jingle for it.
Speaker 1: Now, how we're gonna do this is I'm gonna throw just a random products or replaced.
Speaker 2: To John.
Speaker 1: And maybe collective we come up with one for both and then Joe, you gotta throw one at me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: But because this is my show, the best last, I'm going last.
Speaker 1: I'm making y'all come up with the jingle spurs, all right, So Joe, I'm gonna throw you by the way. I'm gonna give y'all a little bit more time because y'all y'all a little older, your brain.
Speaker 2: Take a little longer.
Speaker 1: So uh a king, I want you to create a jingle for Kleenex yep, the tissues because we're in Atlanta. I want you to create a jingle for American Deli.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and yeah.
Speaker 3: At a pre written but you you had a pre written one at a pre written for tackle okay, okay?
Speaker 1: And because Jason is so old and said he has to write his bar you don't style look after BlackBerry, Jason said he want to give us his taco bell jingle. Now don't we what what's taco Bell's jingle?
Speaker 2: Right now? Open late? Uh yeah, gett on Taco Bell. That was get on Taco Bell?
Speaker 4: Was okay? I think that dog is okay?
Speaker 1: Well, jaysn Jesson, of course he does taco bell with his Puerto Rican ass.
Speaker 5: When he said that, I was like, I was like, that's racist, But I like he came up.
Speaker 2: He came out.
Speaker 4: Quick, fair enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got what is mine? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yours is Hooters?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna start with Jason since he wrote his down. So Jason, give us the jingle for Taco Bell.
Speaker 8: Okay, Ready, here we go. I gotta clear my eyes. I'm still laughing over the other one.
Speaker 4: Ready.
Speaker 8: Sixteen beers in the gut tequila shot once more. Been drinking so much, all of my food turned cold. Been party so much I can barely see straight. Hope that Taco Bell drive through is open?
Speaker 2: Late?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Was that supposed to go on?
Speaker 4: Can we regulators regulate?
Speaker 2: Oh it's regulate.
Speaker 4: If you smoke like smooth?
Speaker 2: Can we get it? Can we get it with that? Could you get it?
Speaker 8: You like?
Speaker 2: Write it off? I need that redound.
Speaker 3: You're gonna make me do it again?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't even got a plant. I'm gonna try to do it.
Speaker 8: Ready, because it's the Nate that's the Nate Dog part. I got you, Yeah, right, Sixteen beers in the gut toe Kila shot one smoke, been drinking so much, all of my food turned cold. Been partying so much, I can barely see straight. Hope that Taco Bell drive through is open laid.
Speaker 4: And if you smoke like smoke, bad.
Speaker 1: Boney, keep his job. It's okay, all right, a king. I need that cleenex.
Speaker 4: Damn, I ain't got no.
Speaker 3: Come on, need it from I need it from the top.
Speaker 2: I need it from the top.
Speaker 4: Can they be provocative? Of course it can't.
Speaker 2: You're gonna sell yourself, my brother. You right, you say it's a tissue.
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 2: How do you make a tissue?
Speaker 4: From here? We go? This issue?
Speaker 10: This wipe your ass episode, wipe your nose, wipe your crotch, wipe your toes clean, next, clean, next.
Speaker 8: Whatever ads we had running against this episode.
Speaker 1: Okay, right now we're not even getting ten dollars from these jingles.
Speaker 4: I thought you was gonna take the easy way out.
Speaker 2: Do uh that.
Speaker 4: It's not like us remixed, They not like us, They star like us? Clean next they stop like that. They's not like us. That is crazy.
Speaker 5: Let me do it, Let me do it so I can put the beat underneath. They's not like us. They's not like us. They's not like us. They's not like us. They's not like us. They's not like us.
Speaker 4: Clean next remix, say Drake, I hear you blow your.
Speaker 2: Nose, keep going, keep going, hold on, I wanted you to get up. Come on, Rod with no no.
Speaker 4: I hear you blow your nose.
Speaker 5: I heard you always in Toronto with a cold.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna playing with you.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get Let's get American Deli for y'all. They do not know American Deli.
Speaker 5: American Deli is Perish Atlanta establishment and is.
Speaker 2: Where you get wings.
Speaker 4: Of course, yes, they self sandwiches. Did I had America?
Speaker 2: I only go there? Yeah, you've never had American Deli?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're about to go there now?
Speaker 4: If they hear this jingle, yeah till I be a sandwich nigga.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, American Deli, American Deli? Are you riding through the hood? Are you smoking on some good? You're saying, what the helly you need? American Deli wants a limon pepper wet, but you gotta put it on the set A crick of friends fries.
Speaker 2: Jam damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, by the way, you brought up ass crack, brought up shots.
Speaker 2: You are bringing up weed none of these will.
Speaker 4: Listen. Market we revolutionizing the jingle game. People want authenticity, right to talk to the people.
Speaker 5: The way the people that that's how you sell products.
Speaker 2: Okay for mine. By the way, I hate that you gave me a business that is going out of business.
Speaker 1: You said, man, do you make enough money? I don't even want to give you a way to make the office because them niggas is bankrupt, is going.
Speaker 2: It was r I P.
Speaker 4: Hooters are they going? It's gotta be just.
Speaker 3: Chapter eleven that they're holding on.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I mean they just closed the one on Peachtree where Drake Man Drake he met on Peachtree.
Speaker 5: Well, in Atlanta, I can see you closing on like Atlanta. There's a lot of strip clubs. He you don't necessarily have.
Speaker 2: You don't need to.
Speaker 4: Popular.
Speaker 8: I was about to say, man, woman, never go out of style from and colds around the.
Speaker 4: World anytimes on everybody, I mean I and.
Speaker 2: Here y'all go.
Speaker 1: Making me also lean into the improper way of making a jingle. I was going wholly hop pop, That's all I could think of. It was the hoop baby, and then and then the business. You have to listen, do you have the titty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the jump you gonna have to jump you get r cruise by the way.
Speaker 1: By the way, there is a lovely lady. Do not know her name, but she works at Cheetah. She is easily sixty five years old, and she puts a shot in her titties and when she serves it to you, she makes her titties jump wall. The shot is right here, and you take it and literally twenty dollars twenty dollars a shot because she make her and.
Speaker 2: They're old, big, old titties.
Speaker 4: And he's a white woman's white titty white.
Speaker 1: And I would never do it for a white woman any other time, but that bitch make these titties. She she make it. Go to the song that song why to the left, shout out a lady.
Speaker 2: Shot lady and cheatah bruh, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Are these her refurbished titties?
Speaker 2: They big?
Speaker 1: I assume the titties that it's big and old. But she got these muscles. She literally she can literally make them go like this, like these titties. I said, oh my god, bitch, I want to my tittis. Don't do that. I say it all the time. The reason for going to a strip club is it's to humble myself.
Speaker 2: This is one nigga cheap. But you can't do that. You can't do that. You can't do that. Let me not keep a man.
Speaker 3: A lot of talents, A lot of talents come to the lot of talent.
Speaker 4: You pro, so you understand.
Speaker 1: I'm not pro cheat, but I'm pro. I understand you want mental health reasons. I thought, no, I understand. Ladies, if you ever want.
Speaker 8: To understand, you really want to get this is just a moment to champion.
Speaker 1: Literally, ladies, if you want to understand why you were never enough. Nothing you do, we'll keep a man from wandering as straight.
Speaker 2: Just go to the strip club. Look at the way they bend, the way they shake, the tricks they have, the beauty, the body like it.
Speaker 1: It's an maybe you'll understand like Beyonce wasn't enough. Okay, we are never enough as just a solo individual. But if you go to a strip club, especially in Atlanta, it'll allow you to.
Speaker 2: Understand life a little better.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just gonna put that out there, just gonna put that out there. Well, baby crazy. Anyway, let's get into celebrity. Save the dorness things or do we want to do you know what, Let's do it real quick. Let's do it real quick only because I like when we get to educate people and then we'll get into celebrity say the darnest things where we're really just gonna talk about everybody. Just to update you guys again, last week I talked about Kai Sanat you know, in my mind, still performative but reading on stream, and it led to a lot of conversations of backlash around literacy and this being a good thing. Shout out to Trev read me for filth in the discord.
Speaker 2: So again, if you hate my takes.
Speaker 1: And you too want your opinion to get directly to me, join us on Patreon, Patreon dot com, backslash with Mandy Bee. Trev let me know he hated my take on Kaisanat last week, however, wanted to let y'all know what the government is doing to keep us illiterate. Arkansas recently passed a bill, a law actually that goes into effect February first, so this week where they want to keep contraband out of Arkansas prisons, and somehow they have added print media, so books and magazines are now considered contraband. For Arkansas prisons. They do have something where librarians will vet whatever books are like in the prisons, but it's considered contraband for it to be like sent out.
Speaker 2: Mind you you little backstory on me.
Speaker 1: I had a boyfriend when I was eighteen years old.
Speaker 2: I was in high school, and his brother went to jail.
Speaker 1: I don't know if y'all know my history, but I have been featured in two Straight Sutton magazines, and when I was in Straight Stutton, I did not know that those magazines were being sent to prisons.
Speaker 2: So this was case.
Speaker 1: I didn't shout out of the did not know until my boyfriend was like, do you know, like, like, wh who's looking at these magazines?
Speaker 2: And I was like, nigga, mind you, I'm.
Speaker 1: Thinking it's like King, you can get those in grocery stories Krogers. I'm thinking, like, it's on the shelves where magazines are sold. I did not know that case Ley at the time was sending boxes of these magazines or inmates to just jack off on.
Speaker 4: It made number six nine six six bab me.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it's interesting because of course you have that, which I understand could be considered like paraphernalia because you know what men are doing when they read those. But it's interesting to me that they're going is as far as to like other magazines.
Speaker 2: Books and things of that nature. Like it was interesting to me.
Speaker 5: Now, So just an update on that. I'm just I'm just seeing it right now. This literally just happened two hours ago. Apparently there is a whole it's gonna happen still, there's a hold on this policy.
Speaker 4: This is what is?
Speaker 5: This is five News online is reporting that there's an administrative rule that needs to be updated before this policy goes into effect. And there's no timeline right now for will when it will begin.
Speaker 1: So they must have changed because it was supposed to go into effect February.
Speaker 5: First, February first. Yeah, they're saying, as of today, some rule needs to change.
Speaker 4: I don't. They don't specify what that is.
Speaker 5: They just call it an administrative rule that needs to be updated before this can be implemented.
Speaker 4: So it's still going to happen. They just have Finagle Debagel.
Speaker 1: Also curious now, I know I see a lot of movies and may be hiding weapons and books and all that shit. It's because it does say that most inmates have tablets which will allow them arranged to download books, So I wonder if it's a safety thing too.
Speaker 3: I think it's a safety thing.
Speaker 8: I think part of it is like if you send the book directly to them, or if you send something directly to them, maybe you're hiding something or you're hiding something in the book.
Speaker 4: So maybe the administrative thing is the amount of pages.
Speaker 1: Well, because it's interesting because what's the saying you want to hide something in plain sight?
Speaker 2: Put it in a book, literally, you know what I mean, put it in a book.
Speaker 5: The only reason I found this kind of weird is because I just assume that at prisons they are inspecting anything that comes in the mail through the door, to opening pet and all that shit too. Now get it, maybe there could be a lot of packages to open and go through, but at somebody's job there to look at all of this shit to make sure there's no contraband in it. So I didn't fully understand why all of a sudden, books were like they were unable to do regular security that should be doing on every other packaging. But I guess they feel like.
Speaker 8: But I think that might be the thing, right, because like now it's going to be vetted by librarians. So let's say, like the sinister version of it is you know these like step fo type wive white women vet it and so like they'll cut off a list of like what goes in and comes out. So it's going to be like no no black authors from this time period, this or.
Speaker 1: Whatever like, and we're not gonna get no more Muslims bred out of prison, right, Okay, that was probably.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, you want to take your hunt.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen. Anyways, I say the darness things and so crities.
Speaker 4: Where we want to start here?
Speaker 1: First, you know what, coming off of controversial things, Let's get into the Kanye apology, and now let's get into Cameron because.
Speaker 4: I don't know I like that how much I do not like.
Speaker 1: First off, there's just so much going on right now. This is top tier narcissism. Oh my god. We are dealing with ice, We are dealing with the orange Cheeto, We are dealing with people being killed in Minnesota. We are dealing with so much happening right now. We also being recognized in spaces that we fought so golden globes just happened.
Speaker 2: We get Oscars.
Speaker 1: They just dominated sixteen nominations for sinners. We're in a place where there's just so many other things to talk about. And Kanye is like, but you're not talking about me.
Speaker 4: What about me? Dominated dominated our fucking.
Speaker 11: Ear holes and our visuals for the last ten years were whole got barred by Kanye. We dominated have all that power, right, Like, he's been dominating this ship for a minute. So it's like, all right, dude, listen, we fuck with you, get help, we're riding for you.
Speaker 4: But we got other shit to worry about. Bro, Yeah, we dig other shit.
Speaker 2: I thought it's interesting, Well, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: So Kanye decided to take a full page ad in the Wall Street Journal and he apologized to black and Jewish folks second time.
Speaker 4: Second time to.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Well, he's because you did write about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did write about this for bossips.
Speaker 5: So my thing with the apology, Hey I start here, Hey, yeah, we do have It's poorly timed and nothing else. And I will say I don't doubt the sincerity of what he's saying from the standpoint of like, it's easy to understand that he got into this accident, that they probably had some brain trauma that didn't help whatever mental health issues he already got going on. I get all of that. At this point, the damage has kind of been done. So you know, if this is him waking up from a hangover, this is also his like fifty eleventh apologies, so like who like who knows really even where to place this thing, But yeah, we got other shit going on. This doesn't really matter to anything we are saying.
Speaker 1: His apologies have been lined up with announcements of or albums or concerts.
Speaker 5: Or show and even to that, I'll say, I don't think that I understand how it looks. I don't think these apologies help launch any of those products. I think the people who fuck with Kanye will always fuck with Kanye. The people who don't don't. And you're saying, I'm sorry, is it gonna change nobody's mind to sell no products? So if that's if that is his thinking behind it, that's just a bad marketing because that ain't that's not gonna work. But my one issue with the apology is that he spent Granted, he said terrible things about Jewish people, he should apologize to them, but I just felt like he gave them a little bit more sauce in their apology he gave black people to all the shit he did to us, and shit that we feel the type of way about, because his line for black people was basically like, y'all fuck with me for so long, but in an apology is like, oh, y'all fuck with me so long. Damn, that's fucked up. I'm sorry. I love us, And then that was it. And then for the Jewish apology, it was like, I'm not anti Semitic, I love y'all and all this whole breakdown of what was going on, and I was just like, damn, like we got like he gave them a hot song, he gave us a hot line, like damn, all right, cool, that's just what it is.
Speaker 2: I suppose, but I'm not gonna lie. Did not care. His apology means nothing to me.
Speaker 4: That's where most people are falling.
Speaker 2: And again like, so the fuck what I mean? His music hasn't even been that great.
Speaker 4: He hasn't.
Speaker 2: I mean, if he drops the slides for twenty dollars and it looked fie, I'll still die, Like I just.
Speaker 5: Get what you know what I mean, Like, there's a way he could do this if he has music coming out, right, you tease people with some new sounds, right, and then that's that's the lords, like, oh shit, you ain't got some new fly ship, right?
Speaker 3: But is there a way he could do this though?
Speaker 5: Well, well he could. He could just talk to somebody for ten minutes. It's be like, hey, hey, I'm back, and it slowly do the roll out where he's explaining about all his mental, physical, whatever it is going on, and that's it. But I feel like that probably wouldn't work either, because we've probably dealt with that or four times.
Speaker 1: I'm curious to see how forgiving we are in terms of musicians now, only because.
Speaker 2: We have completely threw away and.
Speaker 1: Discarded the baby, but that nigga just drops some meat. So I am curious to see how this song kind of hits because it's a good record and he's dropping a new project, and so I'm curious to see in this economy of in this state of sensitivity where once we say we don't want somebody, we've done. I'm just curious to know if that is Cappa in twenty twenty six, to see if we have a resurgence of the baby me Like, I'm curious to see it.
Speaker 4: Why not.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's you know, it's it's a different time. I was always one to say you're always one song away from being back. Now twenty twenty six, that is maybe a little bit tempered because.
Speaker 3: It's becoming harder.
Speaker 4: It's becoming harder to.
Speaker 5: Do that now because people are standing on whatever dislike they have for you, whatever you violated, they're standing on that. But I did think about something as we're sitting here talking about this, where this where this apology came from, because to me it was kind of random and yeah, I know people will say, oh, maybe he has an album coming out or whatever. But the more I think about it, this might be a response to the Manisphere clown car that just got himmed up in Miami between Andrew Tate and Myron Gains and that they're in a sprinter, they're all going to the clubs, all my niggas, Kyle Hitler and all this wild shit.
Speaker 4: So which was then unreleased y record, which is unreleased record. It wasn't ever released.
Speaker 5: So now that I'm thinking about it, this as much as anything else, might be a response of that, more than even an album coming out or some new yeezy merch coming out. Because if he is in a place where let's just say he does he has waken up from his manic state and he feels fucked up, and his video comes out.
Speaker 6: And the.
Speaker 4: Clown who are part.
Speaker 5: Of like the dinner gration of the public discourse around anything that's actually serious, he might actually be looking at it like, damn, this is my legacy, this is this is what I've done. Yeah, I've inserted this into American culture. And now these niggas are running around talking about how hitler.
Speaker 1: I mean, there was someone left out of the apology to me, which would have made it seem like he meant it for real. There was no apology to his ex wife, the mother of his children, or his kids. So to me, when they've put their neck out to apologize for you, when you've done all the ship that you've done to disgrace them, and if you're gonna apologize to black people who are strangers to you, apologize to the Jewish community when you've had people actually try to apologize on your behalf, you also apologize to the people that are really directly impacted by your behavior.
Speaker 5: So to me, if you didn't, then what is yeah, because you should have said jay Z and Beyonce's name, Blue Ivy's name, Like he talked crazy about that, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you should have.
Speaker 5: Said all those people spot on specifically you damaged with.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. Then you're right. I didn't even think to make that.
Speaker 5: Connection resurface, and it put him his name back and held.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now because they don't know the timeline when these records come out, so you're like, oh my gosh, what is this.
Speaker 2: I thought he's like, well listeners right into the bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's get into I'll say a quick thing. Actually, uh, because we're not going to really get much into it because I don't feel any way about him. But this is also me leaning into my hypocrisy. So I just want to be real hypocritical right now. So last week World Boxing Association deemed Jervonte Tank Davis the lightweight champion in Recess. This is after a warrant was issued for the boxer by Miami police in connection to October twenty twenty five incident relating to domestic violence. Now, he does have a history of assault in Florida, with the most recent occurring in July of last year he was.
Speaker 2: Accused of hitting the mother of his children.
Speaker 1: Now this means that they are removing his title as of right now, but it also means that if he's cleared of charges, or once clear of charges, his next fight will be a title shot against whoever becomes the WBA Lightweight champion. Now, when I first read this, I said, good take that nigga title.
Speaker 2: Because he I here hitting women.
Speaker 4: And then I was.
Speaker 1: Wearing a Chris Brown shirt and bitch ill go to on his concerts and said, y'all better forget that man, and the Grammy's a better dominating which he is nominated again.
Speaker 2: And so there is this bias because also.
Speaker 1: I like, I love Christopher Maurice Brown, and he could do no wrong in my eye. But when I saw this immediately, I was like, yeah, that's what consequences Alcolm. But I guess when reading it too, the fact that if he's cleared of these charges that he can have a title shot again.
Speaker 2: It did. It is also in relation to then Chris.
Speaker 1: Brown now finally being nominated again for a Grammy with his song with Bryson Tiller. So there's been forgiveness that's been charges. You know, he's done his community service and things like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I had that quick, little quick look.
Speaker 5: I mean, the thing about it is is that like who knows when he's gonna get to defend that title because right now, to my knowledge, he's still on the run, and as a recording time, as recording.
Speaker 4: Recording, he has not been found.
Speaker 5: He was on the run from the FED, So like by the time they catch his ass adjudicate.
Speaker 2: This can apparently his next fight gonna be against Miami.
Speaker 1: PD, Like it ain't gonna be again the right chance be against don't be against twelve.
Speaker 5: So like there's no thing could be years before he fights again.
Speaker 1: Okay, and then I wonder if even the World Boxing Association wants to be associated with.
Speaker 2: Whatever whatever happened happened. Yeah, oh wow, Okay, you know.
Speaker 8: I think I think too, like this will probably be like another episode. But like the like you know, Chris Brown is an independent contractor, right whereas like Tank Davis, he's part of a he's a part of an association. And I think like when we talk about like the Aiden Rosses and kind of like a lot of these other people that we talk about, like you know, they have sort of like this independent power base that allows them to get away with shit, you know what I mean, or just less than the consequences.
Speaker 2: Of that action ballad.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess we can compare this as well to the NFL, which I mean, by the way, this is not a sports pod. This is not this is not a sports I don't know if.
Speaker 2: Y'all saw the conspiracies about this.
Speaker 1: There's a photo posted by the NFL back before the season and it has the season, but also Safon Diggs trial for domestic violence and beating a woman was also pushed to after Super Bowl, which led people to believe, oh yeah, the Patriots going to the super Bowl, because why else trial was supposed to take place in January is a script and listen.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: By the way, By the way, I know you in Jersey, but you reped New York. Did you not see that they lit the Empire State building Patriots colors.
Speaker 3: I did see that.
Speaker 8: Well, but it does that they'll do Celtics colors if they.
Speaker 4: Want state building.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Which by the way, I had a friend who they did a guy who worked at some hedge fun company some wild shit, and he came over and did some dope ass shit So there's an app in New York if you work for this company that you can literally on your phone change the lights to whatever. So he said, the niggas at this company used to take girls on dates where they could see the Empire State.
Speaker 2: Building and they we would do it for my balcony.
Speaker 1: So he was like, nah, give me a color right now, what's your favorite color?
Speaker 4: Mind?
Speaker 1: You were looking at the Empire State Building for my balcony in New York, and I'm like purple. Literally, he pressed the app and the top of the Empire State Building would turn purple and I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, no man, no way, no way.
Speaker 1: And we went through everyone on the balcony and he would change it the color. So he was like, Yo, there's a there's this restaurant where the where the guys take all their dates to cause nigga, you get to control. Now you get to control the fucking Empire State Building. You said went out for that niggasy.
Speaker 5: For I just changed the building, Nigga to the color that you.
Speaker 2: It gave this man and he wasn't my man, but was like, hey, yo yo.
Speaker 1: It was like I was like, oh, this is cute, this is cute. Last topic, let's get it to it. Cameron recently had a conversation with his ex Cali Oday on his Talk with Flea show on Revolt. In mid episode, somehow this bitch made me agree with God damn Cameron, and I said, who is this bitch? Anyways, let's play the clip of what took place before we dive into it.
Speaker 7: I don't need nobody protect and provide for me.
Speaker 6: I'm not looking for that.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to I wouldn't that so as a woman if I share my body with a man, and I shouldn't expect him to want.
Speaker 3: To protect and provide for me.
Speaker 2: You would teach your daughter, That's what you would teach your.
Speaker 7: Daughter, Teacher, I'm sorry, she just haven't with.
Speaker 1: A man dad who doesn't want to protect and provide for her.
Speaker 7: Like, what the problem is? You want to protect equal? What I'm trying to say you is this from me. I'd rather invest in my female than give my female. And that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Never invested in me.
Speaker 7: Because you had bad investments. That's why you're in nursing school.
Speaker 2: That's not why I'm in nursing school.
Speaker 1: I've been working on my nursing degree since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 7: Why you don't have it yet.
Speaker 2: I opened the business to help me get through nursing.
Speaker 7: School, which was a bad income, which was a bad investment.
Speaker 4: He could have walked it bad.
Speaker 2: The cricket, the cricket, The cricket, the cricket.
Speaker 4: She tried to throw the daughter. You want to do that to your daughter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I didn't. I didn't like that. I mean waited for here's the thing to.
Speaker 1: As women, we have to understand and get to a place where we.
Speaker 2: Watch our tone and delivery. And I think here we saw a.
Speaker 1: Clear example of camkeeping calm and her making it more emotional than it needed to be. I also think it's interesting for her to say I started a business to get myself through nursing school.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Nursing school, for those of you who don't know. One of two years for nursing school. She's been in since twenty nineteen. As of today's twenty twenty six, she still does not have that nursing degree. So I agree there was an a bad investment made, But also this idea that you want to start a business to get passive income to pay for an actual degree.
Speaker 2: I've told y'all a lot of this time.
Speaker 1: Stay with your day job, get that degree and have that degree and that source of money pay for you, investing, you putting everything in Businesses don't just guarantee income.
Speaker 2: That's another like thing. And maybe Cam was able to.
Speaker 8: Actually see, like, oh, I don't nobody want to buy your candles.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a good in message.
Speaker 5: A business is a liability until it's an asset. It is a business is a liability until it's an asset.
Speaker 2: You can write podcasts. This podcast a lot of ability.
Speaker 5: Like that's a cost. You're in the you're in the red until you're in the black. Like that's just what it is. So yeah, I don't I don't understand that, but I have to acknowledge his first the way Cam said my female is crazy.
Speaker 4: Sound that sounded nuts.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'd rather invest my female than give my female.
Speaker 2: I mean talk like this. I don't like that it was given k Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah that sounded real, Geico, it sounded real.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: That sounded too. You know he has a hint of sarcasm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the exit right, that's she was clearly triggered by whatever the conversation.
Speaker 4: Triggering with. Actually it sounds like she had some unresolved.
Speaker 2: Issues giving her more money.
Speaker 5: I've had that argument several That was not the first time she made a choice to get up on that platform too. Well yeah so, but the mistake she made was like she walked into the nursing school line. Oh yeah, she can't take it back. Would you say that's a camera? Why would you say that? That's crazy? Like my thing?
Speaker 1: Knowing that these conversations were probably being had already, girl, you want to take this on a podcast?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 8: Did you see when the Game was on with Denise Harriston that was even more embarrassed.
Speaker 3: That was the same thing.
Speaker 8: It's like they had a private that they relitigating.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie because the game is a homie.
Speaker 1: The game, Yeah that's the homie. But I knew I ain't make no baby with him. I think he a cool guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you.
Speaker 1: Got to realize she needs talked about the things that she wanted had the baby buying. Also the embarrassment of him at his big age saying.
Speaker 2: Well, you a baddie.
Speaker 1: So we as men look at baddies and just want to make them baby mama was crazy. But also as a woman who is thirty, you're no longer a spring chicken. He has three kids with another woman that he never made a wife. So you again, women have this delusion that they're gonna be the ones they're gonna change. And also, if you've had enough conversations with him, girl, who did you think he was gonna change by bringing a baby into this world? You thought he was going to turn into a whole new man. Like if you talk to game, game is game.
Speaker 2: She knew. So there's also a bit of like lack of empathy for me.
Speaker 8: But question, but do they know though, because because with with her and with Cam's girl, like, but when you're in a relationship, you're clearly like rose tinted lenses the way you're looking at it.
Speaker 2: She rose lens.
Speaker 1: When Yo Mama then dated an NBA player, baseball player, NFL player, like she'd have been she'd have been around, she got enough game to give.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, I just feel like, listen, I don't you can't. We'll never know what type of conversations they had, how they found romance, so whatever the fuck they want to call it, But like you should go into those situations just being like, all right, he's gonna try to take advantage of me. I'm gonna try to take advantage of him, and we chang, oh my god, Like, you can't go into a relationship like any of these niggas and feel like, oh, but he really loves me, so I really love You shouldn't even be entertaining that kind of ship with these type of niggas. You should just be going in there saying, I'm gonna have a good time. He's gonna have a good time. I'm gonna give up some pussy, he's gonna give up some money.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go on.
Speaker 5: Vacations and hang out for a little while, and when this ship ends, it ends, and I gotta make sure I don't get pregnant and get stuck with this nigga and his bullshit.
Speaker 1: Well, even exchange, too, with a man with money and power often is the assumption that you're gonna get some money.
Speaker 2: It was very clear Aby what Nice was saying.
Speaker 1: That she wanted some level of emotional intelligence and protection from game that he wasn't offering.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying she doesn't deserve that.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying you're gonna get that from him.
Speaker 1: Like, listen, listen, we talked about, we talked, we talked about what he was on Franklin thing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he's working through he's.
Speaker 2: Working through it.
Speaker 3: By the time he's sixty, he'll get there.
Speaker 2: Well, y'all, this was fun. It was y'all.
Speaker 4: Did you even tell it?
Speaker 5: Didn't even like give people what they're probably looking at this like what this this nice?
Speaker 4: Mike said?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: Most most of our listens come from audio because I'm audio first. But I'm hoping that you guys do check out the full length video on Patreon or YouTube because maybe we got our own set high.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm getting ready for Netflix. Okay, Netflix better be like, hey, we need to see we need to see me Andy on on TV in the four K. But yeah, we are now at my own set. Brought full Court Media Studios down to the A. So yeah, really excited and hopefully if you guys want, I'll maybe drop a drop an address for y'all to send some fan stuff.
Speaker 2: I would love to.
Speaker 1: Fill up this set with more dope ship. But yeah, really excited. We have a new home and I hope you guys enjoyed. Nonetheless, y'all, this has been an episode of selective ignorance where curiosity lifts, controversy thrives, and conversations matter.
Speaker 2: See you holds next week night.
Speaker 1: Selective Ignorance a production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 8: Thanks for tuning in the Selective Ignorance of Mandy B. Selective Ignorance. It's executive produced to buy Mandy B. And it's a Full Court Media studio production with lead producers Jason Rondriguez.
Speaker 3: That's me and Aaron A. King Howard.
Speaker 8: Now, do us a favor and rate, subscribe, comment, and share wherever you get your favorite podcasts, and be sure to follow Selective Ignorance on Instagram at Selective Underscore Ignorance. And of course, if you're not following our hosts Mandy B, make sure you're following her at Full Court Pumps.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 8: If you want the full video experience of Selective Ignorance, make sure you subscribe to the Patreon It's patreon dot com backslash Selective Ignorance