Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: TD Tuddy taking it to the house reservations for six. Whatever you call it, touchdown, one thing's for sure. Touchdowns matter more at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. On the ground, in the air, from the special teams or the defense, we don't care how you score them. We want to bet on touchdowns, and at Draft Kings Sportsbook is the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first NFL bet, try something as simple as betting on a player to score touchdown. Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app and make your bet today. Ready to do your touchdown dance of your own. New Draft King customers can bet five bucks and get two hundred and fifty instantly in bonus bet and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium. Download the Draft Kings sports app. Use code Shannon. That's code Shannon for new customers to get two hundred and fifty in bonus best when you bet just five books and get one month free of NFL Plus Premium only on Draft Kings. The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred Gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: No't jump on Joe Terrible, don't jump on a two bay Joe, Oh Joe ojo oh okay yo name Joe Terrible O Joe. The Firth play of third quarter. They run a great play fait slap Slaton runs a great gig route. He's wide open and he skips the ball to it. Oh cho. That is that is the most routine. He has no pressure. He had a great ball fake Slayton runs a great route. Oh Joe, you gotta If you can't complete the routine, how are you gonna How are you gonna winn?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: Why would you retreat you in field goal range? Why would you retreat and throw the ball up in oho? That's that's how That's basic. But yes, that is so routine. I shouldn't even have to tell you. First of all, you never roll and then throw back across your body. You never retreat and throw the ball up in the field. This is an NFL professional quarterback and he makes the most bone headed plays that a high school player is taught not to do.
Speaker 4: Player is there's one quarterback in the NFL that's worse than him? You play down in Tennessee?
Speaker 2: Who is there? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, When we talk about bonehead playing, just can I do not even giving you a chance, the opportunity to win?
Speaker 1: But I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't mean the very off track. But but Daniel Jones didn't didn't didn't play very well tonight. He didn't give his chance, his teammate chance to win with some of the throws that he did make. You you are correct, he might have been seeing ghosts. So he might have been seeing ghost because it does happen when you get hit enough, you get sacked enough, you get rattled, you start doing things you don't normally do that our routine. It makes the routine things difficult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think the thing is O yoe. I just think your team is like really inconsistent and the problem that you're going to have is that your defense isn't very good. Now you got away with one tonight because their offense is worse than your defense. But when you play a team that can put points on the board, I don't know how many games if you're gonna win.
Speaker 4: We're a team that can put points on the board. We've scored thirty thirty. We had thirty balls to pass two weeks in a row. That's why I don't understand what the hell happened tonight.
Speaker 2: But here's the But here's the thing. Remember against Washington, how many times did you kick field goals in there? So that's what got your beat against the Commanders last week. You got the ball, you scored what five times? But when you needed it you threw it interception late, you had the Chiefs on the road, you fumbled the ball. They get a scooping score. It's seeing your offense at the most inopportunity times are not doing what they need to get done, going up and down the field. You should be pleased. The one thing you should be pleased with the knight O joke is that when it was a ten to seven ball game and they got the ball back, they went down and got seven. You should be pleased with that. Because when a team can take the ball said we're not gonna give it back to you, or if we do give it back, you're gonna be down two scores, you should be very, very pleased with that. That is the mark of a team that says, okay, let's if we can just shut them down a little bit on the defense. Defense, I'm not saying you got to be the two thousand Ravens, but damn you can't give up forty one. You can't give up thirty three or whatever they gave up against the Commanders. But when you play the Giants, if you don't put the ball in harm's weight, their offense can't consistently move the ball well enough to beat you because of that quarterback play. Now they can dress it up all they want to and talk about this the offensive line and those receivers. He is not a good NFL quarterback. It's really that simple. The money aside. I don't care about the money. Hell, he's not a good quarterback for twenty million dollars a year because the routine throws he can't make consistently. What you think, what.
Speaker 1: He's not a good quarterback for how much a year?
Speaker 2: Twenty million? Fifteen? Hey?
Speaker 1: Hey he not?
Speaker 2: I mean, he just it's just hard to wear right.
Speaker 4: Every team, every team is thirty two teams in the NFL, and every team and just a quarterback away, a quarterback away from being good, a quarterback away from being in contention, a quarterback away of consistent quarterback play away from just being able to build and and and and get your franchise going in the right direction. But the thing about the quarterback position, as we know, and you know, and those that are not casual fans of the game, no, that position is very difficult. It's a reason why they command the money that they do do. It's the reason they command the money. Not command the money. But when the timing is off, sometimes you just have to pay a person because there's nothing out there for you. They have nothing else to go get. They had no choice to put the but to pay Daniel Jones. At the time when it was time to pay him. I mean, where were you going? There was nowhere else to go. That's what that's what That's what I call timing being right. The time was right, There were no other options, and he was the best option for you.
Speaker 2: But see, but see, that's when you ignore what you had seen the previous two and a half years and you base everything on one season they made the playoffs? But what did the previous two seasons tell you? So you ignore that and says this is who he is. So you have a large sample size of who somebody is, but you take the small sample size. It's almost like being a relationship. Your girl is, give you her, ask the kids except on your birthday, and you say, this is whore my baby is. But what about the other what about the other three sixty four? So what about the large sample size of which you've seen Daniel Jones play and you've seen the inefficiency and you've seen the ineffectiveness. Now we're gonna disregard that. We're just gonna say this is who he is and this is who he can be.
Speaker 1: It's hard, though, it's hard it's hard.
Speaker 4: You know how difficult it is to find quarterbacks, quarterbacks, good quarterbacks that you can win with quarterbacks that can.
Speaker 1: And they still have a found week in and week out.
Speaker 2: That is hard, And and they paid forty million dollars and they still haven't found one. You can win just as many games as they're going to win with a guy that makes ten million, Yeah, can you not?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And see the thing is, oh, Joe, he plays just well enough.
Speaker 4: As flashes like flashes that that that okay, that's why we paid him.
Speaker 1: And then it goes back to no something right, inconsistency.
Speaker 2: We are. We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore it's not a singular act. It is a habit. What do you repeatedly do? If you look at Daniel Jones body of work, what has.
Speaker 1: He repeatedly done?
Speaker 2: Played bad? He has more instances in which he's played bad, consistent, ineffective, playing good? Bid up?
Speaker 4: You just had something really really effective, really profound.
Speaker 1: It's very simple. But we are what we repeatedly do. Huh.
Speaker 2: Yes, Therefore it is not a singular act. It is a habit that one. Habits are what we repeatedly do. Not sing your life act.
Speaker 4: It was real simple and it almost got away from me. But they had to rewind it and bring it back in and replay it.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Cam Jeorde believed that the greatest quarterback of all time is Drew Brees, not Tom Brady. Jordan shared this hot take on Almind Saint Brown's podcast, saying Drew Brees is the best quarterback of all times. There's no there's nobody who has the completion percentage that Drew has. There's nobody that has the five most five thousand yard season that Drew has. It took arm Brady Nextra two years to break Breeze record. If you're talking about accomplishments, yes, Tom Brady, But if you want to look at stats, uh, Pat your stats. Okay, put your stats, because Drew got those when he left. There were so many records, so many that he owned. Now after Tom retired, Tom Brady played another two years and broke most of them. I believe. I like.
Speaker 1: I like I like the argument. I like the argument.
Speaker 2: And you taking you're taking Drew over over Peyton.
Speaker 4: Hey, No, I mean listen, I love the argument. This is Cam Jordan. Now he's going to take a forest quarterback. You know, I like the argument. Then we talked about Drew Brees still one of the best, one of the all time, no matter, no matter what. But now we're comparing him to the greatest of all time. So now you got you got a little a little bit too much dip on your chip cam. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love how you can you can find ways to hested with guy, your quarterback mhm and and and shed a light to where you feel he's better than Tom Brady. But that's just not the case, no matter how you try to splice it, no matter what numbers you use, no matter what percentages you may use, Tom Brady is the best they ever played.
Speaker 2: There's not I don't know if there's ever gonna be a situation. Well, right, voters, people, voters people. Now I'm just saying, I don't I don't see a scenario where you know, you're like, yeah, and it's not.
Speaker 1: It's not a bad thing that we're talking about Drew still.
Speaker 4: Wanted, the best of all time, but then you're comparing him to the greatest of all time.
Speaker 1: So then there's a little bit of there's a little bit of disconnect. Your WiFi. It ain't got all the goddamn bars, right.
Speaker 2: Right, I agree, but I think had and you look at Drew's completion percentage, you look at those five thousand yard seasons. Had he had more Super Bowl appearances, now we can have an argument. He has too. He has an MVP, Now we can have an argument. But with one super Bowl appearance, one super Bowl MVP, yeah, I don't know how we get there, Old Show, and he had, like I said, the completion percentage, I think where he completed seventy percent of his pastes. He had four or five five thousand yard seasons. And you know, yeah he did have what uh your passing yards? I think he might have had to touchdown record, but you needed you needed a few more. I mean, let's just say he has three or he has two or three. Let's just say he has two super Bowls three MVPs. That was like, Okay, I don't think he quite get do yeah O show, But I can see what people say. It's kind of like like like Tom has seven super Bowls, five v five super Bowl MVPs. Here's five, yeah five and m HM three regular season MVPs. Peyton has five regular season MVPs, two Super Bowl appearances with two different teams, and a Super Bowl MVP. But he has four appearances, so he went two with the two with the Colts, two with the Broncos. So you're like, okay, I think Drewds right, we need something like that. In order, we need something like that. But I get looked, that's your teammate. I gotta rock with my teammate because they asked me, well, who you want to be your quarterback? John Man? While you say it because I got Super Bowl with John and I got a gold jacket with John, right, I mean, what y'all woman to say? The Patriots rookie Drake May and his girlfriend Anna Michael Hudson started dating when they were twelve years old. Ten years later, they're still dating. Oh, Joe, when I was twelve, your girlfriend from when you were twelve years old?
Speaker 1: Remember I told the story. I told the story. I thought she was my girl at the time, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I let her get my crayons out of my sixty four crayon box. I let her get the red shades, and I aint I went to pee and she was playing with somebody else at pee, So I thought she was my girl at the time. I think probably if you know she was loyal during those days, we will probably still be together today now. I'm I just I think we would because I mean this and night I had loved her. I don't think you understand the important of having a sixty four box of Crayola crayon back in them days, that that was like having a Ferrari or Lamborghini for us as kids.
Speaker 1: Sixty four box of crayle of crayons. And I gave you.
Speaker 4: I gave you three of my red colored shade, three different shades of red. I let you use them because you need to use them. And when you go to Pe, you playing.
Speaker 2: With Timothy, Well, Timothy said he needed a shade a rig hey boy.
Speaker 4: After that, well, she came, they came back to class. I took my goddamn creons back.
Speaker 1: I ain't speak of it, but I ain't speak up about two months.
Speaker 5: Don't even look my.
Speaker 1: Way, yo yo u lad.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's all right. Timothy was talking to her.
Speaker 4: Timothy couldn't do nothing because he had a he only had a pack of crayons. Yeah, his parents ain't give him the sixty four box. So that's the same that you just talked about. That message about eighty twenty she left. She left the eighty for the twenty percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but guess what she said. You know what Timothy said. I got a packed and her. You got sixty co pack and nothing. I take a pack of her.
Speaker 5: Because she's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, one thing about it. If she did it to me, she gonna do it to you.
Speaker 2: That's okay. I'm trying to think twelve, but.
Speaker 1: I'm getting he don't give me the line, or eight? Get ever seventh eight, don't give me the line?
Speaker 2: Probably seventh grade. Yeah, I ain't saying nothing because I already told you my cask can go wear a lot because I'm taking a lot of issh to my grade. Yeah, I just want you all to know how many some strong brothers I'm gonna need six or strong with brothers I got y'all got, because my cask is gonna be extra heavy. Oh yo, I'm taking issued to my grade. I'm taking it so oh No, I've tried to twelve. Did I have to what I even? Man? Not not the seventh grade? Eighth grade? Nah? Yeah, wasn't no girlfriend? You know, did you have a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, he's on demon time back in the sixty.
Speaker 2: Man with those sixty man, that's the damn. He'll roll with you, He'll roll with you bad.
Speaker 1: Okay sixty seven?
Speaker 2: Nah h what No, Yeah, I mean I know some people that that that that day to day. I mean, but was with their girls, says they were. I don't know nobody fourteen I got. I got a lot of classmates that married. Yeah they married. Yeah, yeah, they've been together since take grade.
Speaker 4: But honestly, I don't know anybody. And it's commendable for brother Drake may to be able to be doing this. I don't think you understand every everybody pickle yeah and today do you think it's on to the next or everybody's replaceable? And everybody is replaceable, no matter what, no matter what you may think, what you may feel about yourself, but everybody is replaceable. But they just they just bounce and bounce and bouncing back and just keep on bouncing until they find one that sticks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Hey, I take my hat off to you, boy. Yeah Drake, you hail oh. Joe Russell Wilson is opt optimistic about potentially for the first time during the twenty twenty, fourth season. I feel confident that I be ready to play and ready to play at a high level. I think we're being really smart too and trying to understand how it feels. It's my first week really back with the guys, and I feel really confident about that. Mike Tomlin said earlier in the week that there are multiple variables. He's waid the decision throughout the week of practice, but the door is a jar, which means a jar o jo, which means slightly open. Wilson to be active on Sunday. You know you always want me to lose and use the word in the sentence Russ. I played a lot of I played a lot of football games, and there have been a lot of moments. I don't fear them getting ready to get I like it go back.
Speaker 4: I like Russ getting opportunity to play. I know Jessin Fields has played. Its played somewhat good this year. They started three and oh they lost the last two. But offensively, it's not like they've been this awesome juggernaut of an offense that's top three in the NFL putting up outstanding crazy numbers. Where a change is the quarterback position would really affect the Steelers. I like Russell Wilson my personal preference, even though I'm not a Steeler fan for that offense.
Speaker 1: Based on his resume, his last year in Denver was not that bad.
Speaker 4: Chat if you look at the statue, look at his numbers his last year in Denver, it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 1: It was good. It was decent. Maybe not the rush that led the goddamn Sey off to the super Bowl. But if we can get a russ of Old anywhere near the Russ of Old, when you don't turn the ball over and you just do what we ask of you and not put the ball in the hands of the other team, they will be just fine. They will be just fine.
Speaker 2: The Commander's quarterback jayde and Daniels, has exceeded expectations to begin his rookie season, including those from his own teammate. Terry mcclaurin talked about the quarterbacks hot start with Albert Bruff said, I did not anticipate him coming in and hitting the ground running like that. I played with a few quarterbacks and definitely a few rookies. Sometimes it takes some time to get comfortable in an NFL system, not just that practice. Then you go into the game, it's a different animal. What's always encouraged me about him is his ability to get better every day in practice. When we would have a social practice the next day, he would not make making the same mistakes twice, same thing and joint practice. Then you get into the game and you see him getting better each and every week. I think it's a testament to the experience that he had in college, but it's also his preparation he puts in. That dude works so hard, he's always prepared.
Speaker 4: I think it also has to do it where he came, where he came, where school he came, what school he's coming from, being under the big lights, being at LSU, used to the large crowds, coming from a college team that is preparing you for the next level anyway, So all you had to do was do just that. Hit the ground running based on everything. You take it from there, everything you've learned since your adolescents, since you been playing quarterback.
Speaker 5: You come on to the NFL.
Speaker 4: You put the right people around, if you're in the right situation, you get what you're getting from Jane Daniels at such an early age, even as I mean such an early age, at such an early time, even as a rookie.
Speaker 2: But he had fifty five starts. Yeah, Joe, do you know how many starts? That is a good thing.
Speaker 5: That's why he looked.
Speaker 2: Most time college quarterbacks their red shirt played two years, they gone.
Speaker 1: That's why he looked the way he do.
Speaker 2: Let's just say, let's just say, if you play for the national championship, you're probably playing fourteen to fifteen games. Obviously, he didn't play for the national championship, so he's playing basically, he's been a starter every since he walked into college. To get that many starts, yeah, so it's extremely impressive. It goes to show you the work that he's put in. Daniels is completing seventy seven point one percent of his passes, the highest among all set starting quarterback. He said, a single game rookie completion record. During week Washington's reap three win over the Bengals, connected on ninety one point three of his throws.
Speaker 5: Young Bull looked like he'd been there before.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's the only way him and him and CJ. Shroud, they look like they've been there before.
Speaker 2: The Bears beat the Panthers hey en today. Yeah, hell on. Dave Canalis threw Bryce Young back in the game with four fifteen remaining, and Bryce took his first snap in the games as being benched after h and two. Oh so you mean to tell me the quarterback situation that don't change anything? Huh huh. On the first player he brought time in scramming five miles Sanders open for a twenty seven yard gang Canallis brought did a fantastic job of said Andy Daalk will remain the starter for next week against the Falcons. After the game, Bryce Young asked if the current situation led a fire for the heir, which you think go Joe.
Speaker 4: Politically politically correct. He's saying, he's saying, he's saying all the right things. But maybe that is just him though. You can tell from his you know, his manner, the way he carries itself, that's just him.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's his personality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see, I can see, I can see cool dude, real soft spoken, real soft spoken. It just you know, I think I think he's gonna get it. He's gonna get the opportunity again. I just I just hope his confidence is at whenever that opportunity presents itself that he's ready mentally, you know, and I think it's probably it might be with the Panthers, or if it's if it's elsewhere, I hope he's ready.
Speaker 2: Well, until they get some weapons, they're like, don't put me back in there, because I ain't gonna look no better because the Anti don't look look look at Anti don't numbers with those weapons. And if I will look at Andy dn'ton. We got a large enough sample size to know what any dont knel large enough, plenty large. I don't care who the quarterback ain't nobody. Look, you better be Payton Manning or Tom Brady to make make this be's receiving look good.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, they they got they got some nice they got they I mean they got they got some boys over there. Now once they get once they get Adam Thiela back, they got exacuted legged, they got Mingo.
Speaker 1: You know, they got some boys.
Speaker 4: They they got Deontay Johnson, they got some nice you know, some nice little pieces.
Speaker 1: They just gotta put that ship together. They got they got to put it together. And then when you have a when you have when you have question marks at a quarterback position.
Speaker 4: That means the receiver position and the tight ends have to be that much better than the quarterback.
Speaker 2: And that's why, that's why he doesn't stand a chance, got it, because they're not. That's not that much better. That's not nice throwing. He had thrown the Kelsey and Laporta and Kido and guys like that. He's not throwing to Justine Jefferson and Chase and the guys like that. Even if you want to go, even if you take those top ten guys out and go the next ten, what what guy if I give you, if I give you, how many receivers you're gonna go to before you take Deontay Johnson? Leg It, I get it, he's a rookie, But how many receivers and tight ends are you gonna go through before you pick one up? Carolina's roster A bunch? That's rude, is the truth, though, rookies. Look at what CJ was throwing to. He had Nico tank Dale, Noah Brown's well, he had Dalton shows, he had Nice Peat. Which one of those guys are better than any of the guys that I named.
Speaker 1: On the Panthers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which one of those guys is better than Nico Collins, better than Tank Dale, better than Dalton Shops, better than Hell. No Brown.
Speaker 1: Comparison is the thief of joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they stealing all the joy from Bryce Young because they ain't doing ish. I'm glad you. I'm glad you brought that up man, that young man did.
Speaker 1: Ojo, We're you gonna take your glasses off all right?
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all don't know what to say about the Shawn. I'm running out of words, O Joe. At some point in time, O Joe, just gotta stop now. Cleveland hasn't top more than eighteen points in the game this season. The Browns in the Week five with the worst third down offense in the NFL, and they could. They failed. They failed to convert all twelve of their third down attempts today with DeShawn in the game.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got a question, what what's the issue? What's the issue?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Is? It?
Speaker 1: Is it mental?
Speaker 4: Is it the play calling? I mean, what do you think it is? And I'm confused. I've been watching football for a long time, for a very long time, and the in the nose that have in the nose that that that I've seen from a personal standpoint of arguably maybe a top three quarterback when he was with with the Texans. To what the version of the Shawn Jackson sean the version of Deshaun Watson I'm seeing Now, That's how it's such a short amount of such a time.
Speaker 2: How barring an injury the only time, the only time, Oh Joe, I can say I've seen drop offs from any kind of player. Hold on, it's through injury, injury. If you have a significant injury, that would explain it. I could offer you. Oh yo, man, you know the man towards he towards PTEL attendance, Oh Joe, you know the man towards a KI leads. He had back to back ACL surgery. Oh jo, he almost had his shoulder ripped off the bone. So that would explain the cataclysmic drop in its play. But I don't see an injury that would cause it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's mental.
Speaker 2: It's mental.
Speaker 4: Heart Listen, do you know how hard that is to get back, especially at that position, at the quarterback position the court, because because messed up mentally here and at the quarterback position, you got the ball in your hands every time, so your judgment in your mind, it already got to be clear, because if you judgment in your mind and you're not healthy as well, on top of that, you'll never be you'll never be able to play well, You'll never be able to excel in that position.
Speaker 2: Like I think I.
Speaker 1: Was thinking about it, I'm looking at I'm thinking about it early to day.
Speaker 4: Well, God, damn, I'm looking at what. Damn The Browns got a Mark Cooper, You got Nick Chub. You got Nick Chubb coming back soon, maybe I think maybe two weeks, maybe maybe one more.
Speaker 1: And jok logah bore you brought in. You brought him a young bull.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: Why I'm going blank right now? You got you brought him a young boy, Jerry Judy.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Over there, I'm like, Okay, we're good. We're good. We we I'm talking about we good.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying from a as a fan, as a as a fan of Deshaun Watson, as a fan of some.
Speaker 1: Of them young bulls over there, man that I enjoy.
Speaker 4: Watching, I'm like, Okay, they gonna compete, They're gonna compete. They gonna have a chance, you know, in the FC North. And it's just it's not what I envision based on what I've seen in the past.
Speaker 1: And I really can't put it.
Speaker 4: I can't put my hands on it on why they look the way they do.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, he don't even move to You don't look the same in the pocket, and and and and I think, you know, look, I'm not here to try to rehash and rethink anything, but I think that that that, yeah, that weighed a lot on his mind. I think a weighed a hell of a lot on his mind. And he was he's he hasn't been the same. And I think everybody knows that I'm not raking o Joe, you and not not breaking news. Everybody knows they I saw the guy. He led his last year starting in Houston, he led the NFL in passing yards. He did that. I'm not so sure, Deshaun, he's the twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty thirty, first, thirty second. He's a bottom five quarterback currently. Look at Joe Flacoh and Indy, look at what Joe Flack Oddny Cleveland, Joe Flack, Joe Flacco is. If I'm not mistaken, I think I read this. It's eight days younger than Anthony Richardson's mom.
Speaker 1: Hey Joe, Joe, that oh, yes, Yes.
Speaker 2: It's because I think sometimes, oh Joe, when you have, yeah, an image and and then all of a sudden that image is not what was being portrayed, and people start to like you start to think, how do they how do they look at me? Now? How do they perceive me?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm?
Speaker 2: And that plays with you, yeah, because you're out in the public, oh Joe. Anthony Richardson talked about being injury.
Speaker 4: I had had a coach told me once the best what do you think ability is availability? We know it's a game of football where everybody running twenty twenty five plus miles power.
Speaker 5: It's a contact for yeah, so it's a contact for you.
Speaker 2: Gotta get it.
Speaker 4: Protect yourself, especially at the quarterback position, not because you were last year, because you're injured now you might have a hip injury or angle, whatever it may be, they're gonna call your entry prone.
Speaker 5: It's gonna stick, and.
Speaker 4: That that label is gonna stick, especially if it starts early on your career. So you just got to find way to protect yourself.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Listen, Anthony Richardson is a special talent. He's a special talents. He has a chance and opportunity to change the structure that coach franchise. You know, I'm not saying he's gonna be Peyton Manny, but he has a chance to get it going in the right direction with it along with the other young quarterbacks like jade Je the Jade and Daniels the CJ.
Speaker 5: Strouds. We just need him on the field.
Speaker 1: We need them.
Speaker 5: We need him on the.
Speaker 4: Field healthy and and upright. So I'm hoping, I'm hoping he has a speed of recovery. But right now, based on what we've seen in the past the seasons, you would be just that injury prone.
Speaker 2: Oko. This OK, this is where I'm gonna have to disagree with you. What is it? Football is not a contact sport.
Speaker 4: Is contact when two things collide, that's contact, right.
Speaker 2: See contact is middle like people collide. Football. I heard somebody best describe football this way. Football is a lot like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors. Wait, you don't win at football. You survive the game. You survive football because think about it. You say, if somebody ran into you at twenty miles an hour, but you think about this, people are running in you at twenty miles an hour, over and over and over and over and over and over again, fifteen, twenty, twenty five, thirty, forty, fifty times a game. That's what I tell people. You want to know what it's like to play NFL football, go to lows and get your hard hat and put on your biggest coat and get ten yards away from your garage. Get five yards away from your garage and run into it as hard as you possibly can twenty times. Okay, not do it again thirty times, and then do it again forty times. And I tell you what, just for good measure, come back and do it again on thirsty because you got a short week. Now you know what it's like to play football. And everybody told about he's soft, he sawt. You wouldn't last one day, let alone a season, so stop it. I love how people tell about he saw, brother, You don't know what salt is. You saw for the drugs? Don't cotton all y'all out there bumping them.
Speaker 1: Gun.
Speaker 2: Oh, he saw he's soft. He's scared, bro. There's a reason why you on your couch talking how you were scared.
Speaker 4: Now you know what I had to go through two times a year against the Ravens, two times.
Speaker 5: Against the stealers.
Speaker 4: B shit, Yeah, you know I was able to do it without getting injured for years.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you why? Can I tell you why it never got hurt?
Speaker 2: Yes? Nutrition, what, oh, Joe? The same way people that never drank get cancer, the same way people that do eat certain things. There are certain people that eat, eat or eat whatever and never get a disease. But there are some people that eat every boom. Ain't no rhyme or reason?
Speaker 1: O choe?
Speaker 2: What about? What about the people that don't smoke and get cancer, get lung cancer, get throat cancer. And there are people that smoke, been smoking seventy years take their lin's breath. Oh well, he had a cigarette in his hand. Some people, you know, some people smoke seventy years old, Joe and never get it. And there are people, there are people that never smoked the cigarette, cigarette or cigarette, never drank anything. I just stopped trying to figure out what look just the way it's intended to be. Hey, let me make the most of my time while I'm here. But Anthony Richardson, you're gonna have to learn how to get down because you never gonna be big enough to run over those guys. They'll break you, bro, they'll break you I understand you for you six five two forty four, you ran four four four five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna be eager.
Speaker 4: He gonna be alright, though, he's gonna be alright. Get him healthy, stay on that field, he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gotta gotta.
Speaker 2: Stop hold on because I'll block it for you. Oh Joy, it's just like me. I'll block it for you. Oh Joe. The jail break screed. Okay, once you break that, and you see, all the three guys got to save it from himself.
Speaker 4: Stop fucking running him, Stop calling plays where he's where he's run first, they got they got to change some of the play calling. You know, I understand to take off because nobody's open. That's one thing. Design play runs. I think when you got hurt, if I'm not mistaken, that might have been a design play run. If I'm not mistake, I.
Speaker 2: Remember, no, he wrote he scrambled on that one, but no, the what But actually he got hurt to play before because remember he got up lip and he scrambled and got up to play before and there the quarterback run.
Speaker 1: That's that's on the goddamn cuss.
Speaker 2: But if I'm a defender, yes, if I'm a defender. I ain't David. If he don't, if he ain't protecting you, why help You're not they did one that's running you. I would try to drop Helvin on you. Yes, so a A are protect yourself, bro, protect yourself. They're not. They not, They're not going to protect you. They're gonna they could think about it. They go a whole game. They already are saying they can't put they can't in the pocket. They got to put a blanket and get a nice little pillow and lay you down. They can't dump it like they used to. So once you get outside that pocket and you get past that line of scrimmage, boy, they tried to ooh.
Speaker 4: Ooh boys they had not there man, Yeah, for sure, I mean I know I would.
Speaker 5: The rules are already in the office.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 5: You know the rules that the rules are like that. Because they want to keep the star quarterback.
Speaker 2: I'm going to defend. Well, it's your job, it's the it's the offensive coordinator job, and it's his job to stay on the field because if you break that line of scrimmage. I'm trying to split your mo folks on mm hmm. I'm trying to because that greatly increases my chance to win. Hey, I'm just I'm hitting you as hard as legal. Look, I want people to Misconscrew this. I'm never gonna hit anybody cheat unless you hit me cheat. Then I'm gonna get your back. Yeah, I gonna get my link back. And I just want you to know I'm gonna get my lick back. But in that situation, I ain't gonna hit him cheat. But boy, the volume